PDA

View Full Version : Shounen Pandora Hearts by Mochizuki Jun

ketorin
July 13, 2009, 11:11 PM
http://www.jackbook.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/pandora-hearts.jpg

Name: Pandora Hearts
Author: Mochizuki Jun
Serialized in: GFantasy (Square Enix) and Yen Plus (Yen Press) (English)

Summary:
Oz Bezarius, heir to one of the duke houses, has just turned fifteen. His life is rich and carefree, darkened only by the constant absence of his father. At his coming-of-age ceremony, however, everything changes. For no reason that he can discern, he's cast into the prison known as the "Abyss", only to be saved by a "chain" known as Alice, the bloodstained black rabbit. Why was he cast into Abyss, how does Alice factor into it all, and what does the organization known as "Pandora" want with him...? -from Storm in Heaven-

Pandora Hearts at MH (http://mangahelpers.com/m/pandora-hearts)
Read Pandora Hearts here: MangaFox (http://www.mangafox.com/manga/pandora_hearts/) or OneManga (http://www.onemanga.com/Pandora_Hearts/)

Scanlation Progress: Chapter 39 has been released by the Black Abyss

Now let's Discuss ^_^

(just tell me if I missed anything)

cleodux
July 14, 2009, 04:29 AM
I have only watch the anime. Though usually i will check the manga if the first few episodes caught me interested.

And so far i have only manage to watch up to ep 5 or 6 i think. Maybe it is not my cup of tea. Although i am curious about the mysterious blonde guy that Oz encounter on every single Alice's memory. And what is his relation to all of them.

Siberia
July 14, 2009, 07:08 AM
I have read the manga but I found out its too difficult to understand (perhaps Im too stupid). I love its artwork n fairy tale style.

btw, does it belong to Shounen type?

ketorin
July 14, 2009, 02:43 PM
I have read the manga but I found out its too difficult to understand (perhaps Im too stupid). I love its artwork n fairy tale style.

btw, does it belong to Shounen type?

yes, it has been categorized as a shounen everywhere I have looked.

Heat Salamance
July 14, 2009, 05:30 PM
YES!!! A Pandora Hearts Thread!!! Now I finally have someone to rant my fandom too! YAY!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D Has anyone read the newest Pandora Hearts yet? Oh and what is so confusing about the manga? I can read it just fine... Though there are parts that just don't make sense some times... (I'm too lazy to look them up right now...)

ketorin
July 14, 2009, 08:31 PM
yup, I just had to make a Pandora Hearts thread, cause one it has to be my second favorite manga (right after DGM)
yes I've read the lastest PH and I can't wait till the next chapter (i've seen the raws, it looks really really good ^_^) Probably one reason why it's so confusing(to some) is that a bunch of the questions don't get answered right away, but I recommend anyone read this.

Heat Salamance
July 15, 2009, 08:31 AM
I agree! I agree! Pandora Hearts is such a good manga! I like it so much... I've read the last chapter posted one onemanga, I was so excited for the next chapter! Oz meets up with Eliot again!! But this time Gilbert and Alice are around to see the interaction between Oz and Eliot, and what caused the big chance with Oz! Yea... I WANNA KNOW WHAT HAPPENS!!!! @_@ *spazzes out* ...*not really*

ketorin
July 16, 2009, 10:47 PM
man 38 just was released and now I really want to read 39, I think it's going to be really good. We just saw another fragment of Jack's soul so I wonder how many there are, who knows how much, maybe hundreds (though I don't think so)

Heat Salamance
July 17, 2009, 11:49 AM
(Finally caught up.) I'm curious too. I wonder how Jack's soul got shattered. I mean losing one's memories is NOT the same as losing pieces of one soul... Wah, I'm curious!!! But one thing is for sure, Oz + giant scythe = SCARY!!!!

ketorin
July 17, 2009, 07:12 PM
I know, I read on wikipedia like two months ago that he got the giant scythe and ever since then I have been looking for raws and just waiting for the chapter with the scythe to come out ^_^ so now I am happy and I know that chapter 39 is coming out on Saturday(according to The Black Abyss) though I think it might be more of Gil and Jack, maybe Alice will meet up with Oz, Elliot, and Reo.

okay so this I wrote on another forum but it's not really active so I will just put it here too.

talking about how Alice became a chain and if Jack had a chain, just like how Break wanted to change the past what if Jack also wanted to change something, like for example change the fact that Alice was alive again, so that's what the chain did(who I think is the orginal B-Rabbit) and so the B-Rabbit possesed Alice's body or something like that and made her a chain.

Oh also I just thought this up. Oz's sin is for existing right, so what if his mother got pregnant with him w/o her doing anything. (if you guys get what I am saying here)

Heat Salamance
August 03, 2009, 03:19 PM
Hey, does anyone know how far Japan is in the Pandora Hearts series? And about Alice, I always figured that since Alice and the Will of the Abyss are twins the Black Blood-stained Rabbit was th e manifestation of Alice's Abyss power. It would actually be kinda sad (as in depressing sad) if Jack made the same mistake as Break. Jack doesn't seem like the person to go around killing people to get to the Will of the Abyss.

Oh and about Oz's existence, how can it be a sin for someone to exist and if it is wouldn't be the parents' fault not the kid. Like the kid has any control over whether or not he/she comes into existance. I seriously doubt that Oz was born with a virgin mom.... That's too godly... *is Christian* But, that my personal belief.

PS: YEA FOR GIANT SCYTHES!!!! :D Oh and does anyone know when the next Pandora Hearts comes out and its updating cycle?

shinobi
August 03, 2009, 03:58 PM
the next issue is on August 18th ^ ^

and I think that the father realized the true nature of his child after he was born somehow, he always knew that one day he will and must be dragged to the Abyss in order to prevent the will of Abyss from causing another disaster after learning that Oz is the container of Jack, and thus he stayed at a distance from his child trying to get very attached to him and be all heart broken when he's gone...

I still have no idea what Lasie is or what connection Eliot has with Glen, Eliot said he wrote that melody, makes him sound like Glen, now I'm confused, is Eliot the new Glen's body after he failed getting Gil's body 100 years ago or is he still after Gill? coz it was said that for Glen's transferring to succeed he needs to move all 5 chains in him to the new body, and Gill has Raven now...

and lolz I feel sorry for Vincent!! poor pervert!!

eni
August 03, 2009, 04:13 PM
I'm two chapters behind thanks to summer break, gaah!

This manga is superb. I really love it. It comes very close to why I used to adore DGM and that's a good thing. Also, just like Black Butler, it's frequently giving fanservice for BL fangirls... that can't be bad >.>

Is anyone watching the anime as well?

shinobi
August 03, 2009, 05:43 PM
this manga is also one that gives the same feeling of DGM, which makes me happy!! I didn't watch the amine yet, I'm being lazy lately I guess.....

some hidden yaoi-ish panels here and there can be exiting, though I think they're more obvious in Kuroshitsuji, many time I thought Ceil and Sebas are about to kiss....

I have the feeling that this manga wont be a long running one, like 70 chapters or so maybe...

Heat Salamance
August 03, 2009, 07:10 PM
and I think that the father realized the true nature of his child after he was born somehow, he always knew that one day he will and must be dragged to the Abyss in order to prevent the will of Abyss from causing another disaster after learning that Oz is the container of Jack, and thus he stayed at a distance from his child trying to get very attached to him and be all heart broken when he's gone...

I still have no idea what Lasie is or what connection Eliot has with Glen, Eliot said he wrote that melody, makes him sound like Glen, now I'm confused, is Eliot the new Glen's body after he failed getting Gil's body 100 years ago or is he still after Gill? coz it was said that for Glen's transferring to succeed he needs to move all 5 chains in him to the new body, and Gill has Raven now...

You may be right about the father thing; too bad it left such a bad mark on Oz. And I have no idea about Lasie too. It could be she was part of the circle of friends that Jack and Glen were. Anyways, I always figured that Eliot was the reincarnation of Glen. And when did they say that Glen wanted Gill's body?! I don't remember that!!!

shinobi
August 04, 2009, 11:21 AM
You may be right about the father thing; too bad it left such a bad mark on Oz. And I have no idea about Lasie too. It could be she was part of the circle of friends that Jack and Glen were. Anyways, I always figured that Eliot was the reincarnation of Glen. And when did they say that Glen wanted Gill's body?! I don't remember that!!!

It was in the last chapter, http://www.onemanga.com/Pandora_Hearts/39/10/ (this page and a few once after it), though it was Alice's story, I think it was the true thing not a lie, and Glen waited exactly 100 years to start doing weird stuff again, but still he planned it with the Barma woman to convince Vincent to open the door of Abyss, wonder why is that...

Koshi_Inaba
August 06, 2009, 06:51 AM
This manga is great,the plot and art is amazing. It also carefully balance humor and mystery. Oh, and great news for the newest volume. It breaks 100k mark on the first week when the previous volume need two weeks to even break 80k mark. I'm so glad this is getting more popular not only here but also in Japan.

earthforge
August 08, 2009, 03:05 PM
Hello. You recommended Pandora Hearts three times, and twice I was disgusted.

Well, you have caught me. I'm on-board the fandom.

I read up to the latest chapter on OM. Very weird and interesting. Jack Vessalius and Gilbert are both my fav chars. I find it good that Oz is getting more detailed. I wonder what is the deal with Glen's chains?

Koshi_Inaba
August 14, 2009, 06:41 AM
For those from Indonesia, Elex Media will release Pandora Hearts starting this or next month. Also, they will release two other GFantasy manga, Kuroshitsuji and Nabari no O. Looks like they just got a deal with GFantasy. Hope more Square Enix manga will be released here.

ketorin
August 17, 2009, 07:33 PM
Ahhhh the mysteries of manga series ^_^ . . .I just realized the next chapter comes out tomorrow ^_^ yay!

And with we will learn more about Oz's father and why he hates him so, and hopefully more about Elliot cause I like Elliot and Reo, though I think Reo(or Leo) seems a little suspicious since we can't really see his face through the glasses so he might be important later on(though I'm not really sure since her seemed so nice to the orphans, most likely since he was there too)

Heat Salamance
August 20, 2009, 02:09 PM
Any news of a Pandora Hearts Raw? I wanna know what happens next!!!

POOR GIL!!! He's already got the Raven in him. I don't want him to be taken over by Glen! DO NOT WANT!!! And poor Vincent. All he wanted was to help his brother who cared for him. He was just too young to realize the extent of the consequences of what he was doing. Wah, I wanna know what happens next!!!!

Edit: Speaking of Pandora Hearts news, Pandora Hearts 40 scanalation by Black Abyss is out!!!! YEA!!!!!!!!!

shinobi
August 23, 2009, 12:03 PM
I wonder what's happening to Gill now?! he's feeling so much awful pain in his left hand, and this is the second time I guess Break mentions this thing about Gill using his own hands to heart the people he loves most or something......... he was like having something similar to a mental breakdown due to his lost memories coming back but he went all crazy after this meeting with Zai, I feel sorry for him, he had o live with the fact that Zai through Oz to the Abyss and no one believed him....

earthforge
August 24, 2009, 08:30 PM
Gil's probably still in his emotional breakdown state. Very sad life for him. Probably very sad death. But at least there is symmetry.

I really like Eliot. I think Glen somehow passed on to Eliot like Jack to Oz. But the chains were distributed and might wnt to return to Glen. So the Raven chain may be upset with Gilbert?

ketorin
August 25, 2009, 03:59 PM
I think that Gil has almost a split personality type thing, maybe not a full split personality. Since he always seems nice but sometimes he just wants to kill certain people.

Elliot is most likely the person for Glen since he has those dreams and all and has Glen's sword. The weird thing is why is Elliot having dreams of the past while Oz isn't? And also Oz looks almost exactly like Jack but Elliot looks almost nothing like Glen(other than the thin eyes, and even those aren't fully the same)

<.Haruka.>
August 25, 2009, 06:07 PM
Maybe someone triggered Gil's mind to have that urge to kill.
Anyway, elliot's dreams (and even presence) might help oz against his enemies (or maybe it's gil, the other way around)...

*nuff spec ...i think*

king_crimson-
August 27, 2009, 05:02 PM
Elliot is most likely the person for Glen since he has those dreams and all and has Glen's sword. The weird thing is why is Elliot having dreams of the past while Oz isn't? And also Oz looks almost exactly like Jack but Elliot looks almost nothing like Glen(other than the thin eyes, and even those aren't fully the same)
elliot apparently isn't blood-related to glenn, he's just a random container for him, whereas oz is directly blood-related to jack, which explains why they look so alike

shinobi
August 28, 2009, 10:17 AM
elliot apparently isn't blood-related to glenn, he's just a random container for him, whereas oz is directly blood-related to jack, which explains why they look so alike

yup, I wonder why choosing Eliot to be his container, because I don't really think that Glen would make any random choice for his new container, I think there's a good reason for that, maybe Eliot is somehow related to this person that Glen wrote the song for?!

Heat Salamance
August 28, 2009, 03:53 PM
The next chapter doesn't come out until September 16-18 (don't remember which)... Wah...

Anyway, it could be that Eliot is related to Lacie, but why would Glen want to inhabit the descendent of his most important person (at least she seems that important)? Maybe Eliot is an intermediate for Glen to use to possess Gil. After all Eliot still has his mind and according to the hodded lady (who I think is Lady Brahma, or however you spell that name. The manga hinted at this.) who spoke with young Vincent, when Glen possess a new body, the process destroys the soul of the person possessed.

And about Gil, I think Bipolar would more fitting. The combination of Vincent's words followed by his talk with Jack and the recurring memories of his past from 100 years ago is messing up Gil's head. He's losing his grip on reality. Poor Gil! :(

Hey, I just thought about this. You know that Glen had 4 or 5 chains in his body right? (I forget the exact number.) What if each 4 Noble Houses had one of the chains? After all, the Nightray house has the Raven... Actually that's kinda foreboding, isn't it?

king_crimson-
August 28, 2009, 09:29 PM
elliot might just be suited to be glen's new container, is all(as in, he meets certain requirements needed for the possession)

and as for glen's chains, the raven is in possession of gil and the griffon is with zai vessalius...the other 3 have still not appeared yet in the present...

shinobi
August 29, 2009, 06:21 AM
I can't remember where exactly, but I think I read that the four Duke houses each one of them possess one of Glen's chains!! each one of these chains represent one door!!

earthforge
September 22, 2009, 11:29 PM
Gil seems not too much bipolar as very self-loathing. Vincent however is very bipolar.

I think the Glen's soul has been weakened because he lost his five chains. Zai now has the Griffin, and Gil has the Raven. That way he cannot destroy Eliot's soul, just as Jack Vessalius is weaker than Oz in Oz's mind. I wonder if Eliot has a right to use the Jabberwock (the only chain which wasn't distributed to the Duke houses) just like Oz and the B-Rabbit.

It's also possible that parts of Glenn's personality come out in those who are in contracts with his bird-like chains. It's an unlikely reason for Zai's behavior.

But I'm just theorizing madly.

Song-Of-Sky
September 27, 2009, 01:59 PM
I think that Gil's hand is hurting because his raven power escapes through his hand...? I dunno really XD But he uses that hand to unleash Oz's power.
And then there was definitely someone who GAVE Gil those thoughts. He has no memory of who, though.

I'm worried about Break. WHAT HAPPENED TO HIM IN THE LAST CHAPTER?! WILL HE BE ALRIGHT?! BAAAAHHHHH

shinobi
September 27, 2009, 05:30 PM
Gil's memories are coming back slowly now, that meeting with Jack and all, and If Vincent somehow refreshed his memories about what happened in the past... I believe he's mentally unstable now, and more the chain Raven is about to do something to him, this pain in his hand is something extraordinary...just a thought, but I was thinking if this pain is because Raven is a response to Glen's presence or approaching or something...

earthforge
October 02, 2009, 01:46 AM
New chapter is out finally!

Wow, Zai really pushed Oz off the deep end. Very good Alice was around since Gil decided to run off. Break is plotting something... again. The Baskervilles are, as usual, evil. But the big thing for me:

They cut up Jack's body and used it to seal Glen?! I am more than a little disgusted (as the author intended I guess.) Question: how did Jack live long enough to have descendants?

So major plot and character devel in the latest chapter. Definitely 10/10.

Yuuki-chan
February 11, 2010, 04:24 PM
I searched several sites but they all say different things... :darn

What is your opinion? :amuse

<.Haruka.>
February 25, 2010, 02:35 AM
New chapter is out finally!
Question: how did Jack live long enough to have descendants?

It might has something to do with the night Zai Vessalius taking his child the day he was born which was reported by Break to Sharon's grandmother on the recent chapter (46)
I'm really curious on what was that christening for & the real Oz is...

Gil seems not too much bipolar as very self-loathing. Vincent however is very bipolar.
Indeed he's mind goes ambigous (for the sake of his plans :tem)
The key he's looking for on the four households might be somehow related to the Will of Abyss...

Anyway, definitely the chapters gets more interesting and the headhunter's existence adds more suspense on the story.

--amber--
June 16, 2010, 12:32 PM
hello, everyone!
I still rookie here, so can someone explain to me is it some problem with mangahelpers.com or no one can download pandora hearts from here?

ketorin
June 16, 2010, 12:59 PM
hello, everyone!
I still rookie here, so can someone explain to me is it some problem with mangahelpers.com or no one can download pandora hearts from here?

Since the publishers of manga are getting on everyones backs about having raws up it will only be a matter of time till they tell mangahelpers to get rid of their raws and scans. So now mangahelpers doesn't host raws or scans anymore.

poor Reo getting manipulated.

--amber--
June 17, 2010, 10:36 AM
thank you
but it is really a pity because i finally found normal site with english scans, but didnt have enough time to download them..

Jaymie
June 17, 2010, 11:30 AM
thank you
but it is really a pity because i finally found normal site with english scans, but didnt have enough time to download them..

You could always try ordering the English volumes, though as of right now there are only 9 chapters published, and shipping might be a bit costly depending on where you live.

Razeus
June 17, 2010, 12:40 PM
Well I recently bought this manga from Barnes and nobles and I must say I truly love this piece of work. If the cover art of Volume 1 was good enough for me to be interested then this manga did very good job at doing it. So Far I'm only on Chapter nine cause I'm buying the books only. I like the characters and the references to alice in wonderland. My question is this any word on any new chapters coming out in japan cause the manga is still on-going.

ketorin
June 17, 2010, 03:13 PM
My question is this any word on any new chapters coming out in japan cause the manga is still on-going.

The raw for the new chapter should come out very soon now since the magazine that it's in comes out on the 18th of every month. So it should be out soon and expect the scanlated version coming out in the next two weeks.
Bleach-asylum tends to be where the raws appear first.

eni
June 17, 2010, 03:28 PM
It's sad to read that people think the releases stop because WE took the scans off. MH is a melting pool for many groups but it's neither the source in most cases nor offering a majority of the available manga on the net.

Black Abyss, PH's scanlation group, is scanlating this manga regulary since over a year and announcing every release (like most groups do) on their own website. They even offer simply direct downloads.

All people have to do is go to the scanlators directly.

Razeus
June 17, 2010, 06:19 PM
The raw for the new chapter should come out very soon now since the magazine that it's in comes out on the 18th of every month. So it should be out soon and expect the scanlated version coming out in the next two weeks.
Bleach-asylum tends to be where the raws appear first.Ahh Well I'm devoted to buying the manga and not read any online source of it. I'll say that my fave character is Oz I dunno he's quite charming.

Jaymie
June 17, 2010, 06:57 PM
Ahh Well I'm devoted to buying the manga and not read any online source of it. I'll say that my fave character is Oz I dunno he's quite charming.

Oz is one of my favorite characters as well! I love how he's never wavered by any thing that happens to him.

Volume 3 comes out in October, and after that a volume is being published every three months. So there's nothing to worry about if you don't want to read the scans.

Razeus
June 17, 2010, 10:10 PM
Oz is one of my favorite characters as well! I love how he's never wavered by any thing that happens to him.

Volume 3 comes out in October, and after that a volume is being published every three months. So there's nothing to worry about if you don't want to read the scans.Great to know =3 I seen the anime I feel indifferent about it. Well I will pre order my volume 3 in a moment I'm rereading Vol 1 and 2 again <3. I also starting to love break to he's so silly ,but mysterious in a way.

Razeus
July 22, 2010, 09:46 AM
Sorry for the Double Post ,but read the latest translation for chapter 51 and it got me curious with what remy said about her chain being useless ,but did hurt poor lily though. Seems like they want to bring back the tragedy that happened 100 years ago. Sadly no word on gil and his condition though. Overall seems like a good chapter if you haven't read the latests translation here's the link.

http://mangahelpers.com/t/olivine/releases/23552

Bloki
August 27, 2010, 08:32 PM

I think the Glen's soul has been weakened because he lost his five chains. Zai now has the Griffin, and Gil has the Raven. That way he cannot destroy Eliot's soul, just as Jack Vessalius is weaker than Oz in Oz's mind. I wonder if Eliot has a right to use the Jabberwock (the only chain which wasn't distributed to the Duke houses) just like Oz and the B-Rabbit.

It's also possible that parts of Glenn's personality come out in those who are in contracts with his bird-like chains. It's an unlikely reason for Zai's behavior.

But I'm just theorizing madly.

oi, oi - what's up with the bipolar references? i'm bipolar here myself (on medication, mind you!), and i'm perfectly sane! (well, somewhat... XD)

anyways, i'm not mad, i just found it funny that you're saying stuff about being bipolar and i, a bipolar person, happened across it... XD

anyways, i myself think that gil has a very extreme case of bipolar disorder - and no, i don't have any problem saying that. XD have you noticed that he usually has his head/mind all up in a complete mess, and he can't seem to think straight? hmm... maybe a combination of bipolar, split-personality, and multiple-personality disorders?

i wonder what you would call that? XD multi-split bipolar personality disorder? XD that sounds so lame...

<.Haruka.>
August 27, 2010, 10:34 PM
Recent chapter (52) was quite a surprise, on last page Break suspecting Elliot as the headhunter. I wonder how Break will prove its him. I feel sorry for what happened to Elliot's sister there..

Hamy
August 28, 2010, 12:40 AM
Recent chapter (52) was quite a surprise, on last page Break suspecting Elliot as the headhunter. I wonder how Break will prove its him. I feel sorry for what happened to Elliot's sister there..

I think the more question is WHY does Break think Elliot is the head hunter, as he's blind so its not as if he saw meaning he sensed it I somewhat have little doubt that Break would be wrong. So I am curious as to why Elliot is the head hunter, though it does kind of make sense since it seems to be targeting people in his family that he's had a tiff with.

Bloki
August 28, 2010, 07:32 PM
I think the more question is WHY does Break think Elliot is the head hunter, as he's blind so its not as if he saw meaning he sensed it I somewhat have little doubt that Break would be wrong. So I am curious as to why Elliot is the head hunter, though it does kind of make sense since it seems to be targeting people in his family that he's had a tiff with.

has everyone forgotten? O.o the real headhunter can't be elliot - since he's MALE. if i recall correctly... whenever they referred to the headhunter, they called her "she" and/or "queen" or something... you can't be called those things if you're a guy...

earthforge
August 29, 2010, 12:58 AM
Actually, I wonder if Break is doing part of his deal with the Baskervilles. I do not believe Eliot is the Headhunter, but I do think Leo is and is also somehow connected to Glen, which would explain why Eliot blacked out and remembered Leo covered in blood asking him to say his name (I think the incident when Leo was with Eliot in Sabrie, after which Duke Nightray allowed him to continue as Eliot's servant). Break might be setting up a situation to let Eliot fall into becoming Glen Baskerville as a bargaining chip.

Just some of my nutty theories...

Bloki, insanity does run through my family. I have seen it and dealt with it. Thankfully I do not have it in such a degree. But Vincent has the clearest shifts, and most of all he reinforces the psychological problem.

Bloki
August 29, 2010, 07:48 PM
Actually, I wonder if Break is doing part of his deal with the Baskervilles. I do not believe Eliot is the Headhunter, but I do think Leo is and is also somehow connected to Glen, which would explain why Eliot blacked out and remembered Leo covered in blood asking him to say his name (I think the incident when Leo was with Eliot in Sabrie, after which Duke Nightray allowed him to continue as Eliot's servant). Break might be setting up a situation to let Eliot fall into becoming Glen Baskerville as a bargaining chip.

Just some of my nutty theories...

Bloki, insanity does run through my family. I have seen it and dealt with it. Thankfully I do not have it in such a degree. But Vincent has the clearest shifts, and most of all he reinforces the psychological problem.

so true... (about vincent)

and you've delt with insanity? cool. the great thing about being bipolar (for me, i love it, personally) is that it means that my insanity can sometimes bear fruit to ingenious bouts of creativity, as my mom so cared to put it. :amuse

as for the thing about elliot and break...

like i said before... isn't the headhunter called the beheading QUEEN? :notrust that means it's a she... which means it can't be elliot... and it can't be reo... and why would reo want to behead elliot's family anyway? he's been listening and watching elliot get pissed off about the murderer who killed his family for how long now? =/

Jaymie
August 29, 2010, 09:35 PM
It was never directly stated that the Headhunter is female. The chapter was called "Queen of Hurts", but that was mainly to point out the Queen of Hearts reference. And in Chapter 46, Vincent calls the Headhunter a "she", but in the Japanese edition he uses gender-neutral wording.

harmaa
August 31, 2010, 11:36 PM
It was never directly stated that the Headhunter is female. The chapter was called "Queen of Hurts", but that was mainly to point out the Queen of Hearts reference. And in Chapter 46, Vincent calls the Headhunter a "she", but in the Japanese edition he uses gender-neutral wording.

Elliot refers to the HH as Beheading Queen, but that's in a translation. Do you happen to know what the original Japanese said? I don't have the scans handy to check

Bloki
September 01, 2010, 08:28 PM

hmm, i wonder why they translated it like that then?

but, i still think that the hh is female - after all, i'm following the theory that the queen of hearts is a chain being used to behead people (i saw it somewhere and thought it made sense), and for some reason it seems to me that that kind of chain would be female (like alice) if anything... so i think that the contractor is too.

you don't have to listen to me though - i don't always make the most sense myself. =/

Hamy
September 01, 2010, 08:42 PM
but, i still think that the hh is female - after all, i'm following the theory that the queen of hearts is a chain being used to behead people (i saw it somewhere and thought it made sense), and for some reason it seems to me that that kind of chain would be female (like alice) if anything... so i think that the contractor is too.

Are you saying because the chain (if it is a chain) is female the contractor would be presumably be female while citing Alice (female chain) contracted by Oz (male contractor) :blink

Razeus
September 01, 2010, 10:24 PM
yes new life here well I must say I love breaks personality more and more the plot twist of him suspecting elliot was a interesting to say the least ,but it raises a question is the head hunter killing nightrays to prevent glens return and hamper the baskervilles plans. I also wanna see what happened to rem and lily to <_<.

sparviero-92
September 04, 2010, 04:05 PM
]Elliot refers to the HH as Beheading Queen[/B], but that's in a translation. Do you happen to know what the original Japanese said? I don't have the scans handy to check

Do you remember the chapter where this happened? I can check the original japanese if I know the chapter:)

was it chapter 45?
big image under spoiler
http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/1356/ph52.jpg

This is what Elliot says:

クイーン オブ ザ ハート
queen of the heart
首狩りの女王
headhunting queen

he's talking about the same person in two different ways (furigana and kanji).
I don't think any of the characters knows if the headhunter is male or female so "Beheading Queen", "Queen of the heart", "Headhunter"...are probably just nicknames made up to refer to the mysterious and nameless killer..

harmaa
September 11, 2010, 07:22 PM
Does anyone know any good sources for spoilers for PH chapters? Blogs, etc, to watch?

sparviero-92
September 12, 2010, 03:48 AM
The lj community of Pandora Hearts (http://community.livejournal.com/pandorahearts/) has the chapter the day of the official release

As for what I know, spoilers aren't posted (not only in the ljcommunity),
and I don't know any japanese or english website where to find them:(

harmaa
September 17, 2010, 12:41 AM
What about 2ch?

<.Haruka.>
September 17, 2010, 02:51 AM
Does anyone know any good sources for spoilers for PH chapters? Blogs, etc, to watch?

For english scan releases, check out the Black Abyss (http://blackabyss-manga.webs.com/).
They're always updated usually after few days the raws are released.

You can find pandora hearts anime almost on any anime streaming site, but the dvds (http://pandorahearts.npage.de/dvds_44817050.html) were already out.

Pandora Hearts homepage ➾http://www.square-enix.co.jp/magazine/gfantasy/story/pandora/.

harmaa
September 17, 2010, 11:48 PM
53 raw is up through the LJ community. :D

Razeus
September 20, 2010, 10:40 PM
Chapter is up on a PB I will link.

http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/nn265/anime0fanatic/PH%20ch53%20by%20TBA/

Password is yikes

Reading the chapter it explains alot and also

SPOILERS:

That many people can share the same chain chain named the humpty dumpty. Also this explains philips behavior and such now which is really sad cause hes a illegal contractor and such. Top of that break knew about this for awhile now and is looking for the origin of it. Now at the end ...poor reim...and looks like break is gonna fight back ,but with his bad eye sight I fear the worse.

Note: The fact that the head hunter is a chain of all things is interesting 0_0.

Next Chapter release is the Oct 18th

Predications: Hmm lily versus Break/Fang I suspect that Break can still use his chain ,but the battle will cause a great strain on him and maybe sharon will find out about breaks blindness.

Otherwise a great chapter =3.

I wonder if we can Email a Mod to make a pandora hearts section since its a good manga.

Hamy
September 20, 2010, 11:34 PM
I have to say after some ok chapters its great to see an excellent one finally pop up. So the shadow of doubt has somewhat cleared from Elliot - he's not entirely on the clear yet but certainly getting there as the man chopping heads off may not be the Queen of Hearts chain and may be a red herring - but it does put Reo back in the running. Though Reo would count as a secondary contractor - however it is just as possible for him to summon Queen of Hearts unconsciously (though probably not given what he told Oz) response to eliminating those that he thinks may hurt Elliot. The Queen of Hearts mystery only further deepens I definitely cannot wait to see who the original contractor really is.

Poor Sharon she's become ever so useless yet again...

The second great thing about this chapter is to see Break about to go all out in vengeance for Reim. I wonder though as to whether erasing the chain will also cause the immortality of the Baskervilles to be nullified or is because the Baskervilles have such a strong connection to the abyss - like the chains - Mad Hatter's ability will be able to erase them as well. The wait for the next chapter is going to be painful I hope it doesn't disappoint.

Razeus
September 21, 2010, 07:43 AM
Well my friend said that mad hatters purpose is to destroy chains so its possible and that is a good point if they have a strong connection to the abyss and are somewhat like chains then that alone will make mad hatters powers effective.

Justine
September 21, 2010, 07:51 AM
...but the battle will cause a great strain on him and maybe sharon will find out about breaks blindness.

Just thought I should tell you that Sharon already knows about Break being blind. It happened a couple chapters back I think. They were at Isla Yura, at the party, and she wanted to dance with him. He said he couldn't, and then she figured it out. Needless to say, she didn't react as he expected :)

<.Haruka.>
September 21, 2010, 10:51 AM
Just thought I should tell you that Sharon already knows about Break being blind. It happened a couple chapters back I think. They were at Isla Yura, at the party, and she wanted to dance with him. He said he couldn't, and then she figured it out. Needless to say, she didn't react as he expected :)
Yup, it happened on chapter 49 (http://www.mangareader.net/350-51867-24/pandora-hearts/chapter-49.html) :)

On recent chapter (53)...
Somehow i find Reo frequently missing at the scene whenever the Queen of Hearts/Headhunter had a victim, and Elliot somehow reacting weird when he smells/sees blood (plus their connection to the Nightrays) makes either of them the most possible to be the first contractor. Though since there are alot of orphans who grew up in the House of Fianna (the orphanage), it could also be possible that either Elliot or Reo are just the secondary contractors.

Its quite sad that Reim/Liam died (he's one of my favorite characters in PH :darn), and wasn't able to disclose to Rufus, Break and others on what he found out about the Baskervilles.

I hope Break can win the fight in the next chapter because he's quite on disadvantage because of his eyesight, as well as his friends also have to deal with the sealing stone (http://www.mangareader.net/350-57599-38/pandora-hearts/chapter-53.html).

Razeus
September 21, 2010, 11:34 AM
Yea I just reread the chapter after you guys posted it I just felt like the reaction should had been more shocking.

I have a question though if the origin contractor dies would the mark appear on the secondary one?

If that's the case then Humpty next owner will be elliot or Reo if that's the case. I don't think theirs enough evidence to show that a contractor can make a contract and not have a mark.

What I mean is that if a chain makes a contract with more then one person would both of the contractors have a mark?

<.Haruka.>
September 21, 2010, 07:57 PM
I have a question though if the origin contractor dies would the mark appear on the secondary one?
If that's the case then Humpty next owner will be elliot or Reo if that's the case. I don't think theirs enough evidence to show that a contractor can make a contract and not have a mark.
What I mean is that if a chain makes a contract with more then one person would both of the contractors have a mark?
I think that's the mystery behind Humpty Dumpty/Queen of Hearts contract. It's the first time i've heard multiple contractors in a single chain, even the reason behind the experiment for doing so to the children on the orphanage isn't explained yet.

Also I think that Rufus info about the headhunter isn't complete yet that's why he wants Break to test/investigate since that Mad Hatter's power can hold other chains to track down every single contractor of the Queen of Hearts. The only clue i got there which is still kind of unclear to me is what Rufus told to Break that, 'the more contractors it has the slower the hand of the seal will advance'.
I'm guessing that it may take time until the seal/mark will show up, either only for the first contractor or the secondary contractor or maybe both. (for both -dunno which one will show up first...)

Its up to Break, Oz and others to find out how and when will the seal/seal(s) of the Queen of Hearts will show up.

Razeus
September 21, 2010, 09:16 PM
I think that's the mystery behind Humpty Dumpty/Queen of Hearts contract. It's the first time i've heard multiple contractors in a single chain, even the reason behind the experiment for doing so to the children on the orphanage isn't explained yet.

Also I think that Rufus info about the headhunter isn't complete yet that's why he wants Break to test/investigate since that Mad Hatter's power can hold other chains to track down every single contractor of the Queen of Hearts. The only clue i got there which is still kind of unclear to me is what Rufus told to Break that, 'the more contractors it has the slower the hand of the seal will advance'.
I'm guessing that it may take time until the seal/mark will show up, either only for the first contractor or the secondary contractor or maybe both. (for both -dunno which one will show up first...)

Its up to Break, Oz and others to find out how and when will the seal/seal(s) of the Queen of Hearts will show up.

I figure that's the power for break to use Mad hatter to do that ,but at a heavy cost at this so this may be breaks last battle and that's sad his chain is really powerful and such I mean it took down one of glens chains.

I can't wait for the next chapter to see how the fight plays out.

Hamy
September 21, 2010, 11:05 PM
Revising what I said earlier I don't think Break erasing any of the Baskerville chains will cause the Baskerville contractor to die seeing as they don't necessarily have a connection in the type of immortality that the Baskervilles have. On the other hand like I said since the Baskervilles do have such a strong connection to the abyss it could be possible that they may be deleted for having similar properties to chains. However, it may take more power for Break to do that, and I wonder if he is even aware of the type of immortality or connection to the abyss that the Baskervilles have which Liam discovered.

One other tidbit though is considering how long the Baskervilles have lived and presumably used their chain could they be exempt from the rule of the seal? They after all don't seem to be that wary in using their chains.

earthforge
September 22, 2010, 07:55 PM
Likely Reo. Elliot is more likely to hold the last piece of Glen's soul, and the chain Humpty Dumpty is the remains of the Beheading Queen - perhaps Glen's servant/lover or even Lacie? Glen might've controlled the Chain or some connection, which would explain why when Elliot blanked out, he heard Reo speak to him.

Or maybe something else...

Hehe. PH always gives me something to ponder.

<.Haruka.>
September 23, 2010, 10:29 AM
However, it may take more power for Break to do that, and I wonder if he is even aware of the type of immortality or connection to the abyss that the Baskervilles have which Liam discovered.

One other tidbit though is considering how long the Baskervilles have lived and presumably used their chain could they be exempt from the rule of the seal? They after all don't seem to be that wary in using their chains.
It seems like everyone who were connected or had been to the abyss (especially with contract illegally or legally to the chains) had their lifespan somewhat increased. For example are Break, Oz & Sharon who maintained their physical features after some years passed by before having contract with the chains.

Somehow for the Baskervilles, there's the mystery that which they are more stronger (maybe also immortal?) because since on retrace 51, its quite a surprise that Lily survived being shot in the head by Liam/Reim, and also some of the members of the Baskervilles had been participant in the Tragedy of Sablier which happened 100 years ago.

Even though the headhunter and the Baskervilles are not connected with each other, there could be a relevance for what they want to aim or looking for, i think..

Razeus
September 23, 2010, 10:40 AM
PH always gives me something to ponder.
That mean's its very well written. Which is why I'm glad it's a monthly release instead of a weekly one.

On-Topic :

@Hamy

I agree with your comment I'm thinking that I figured that the baskervilles made a deal with the intention of the abyss to help with releasing glen and thus the abyss granted them super natural traits and such. The reason I think is that they want to change the past like break did.

Hamy
September 23, 2010, 05:53 PM
Somehow for the Baskervilles, there's the mystery that which they are more stronger (maybe also immortal?) because since on retrace 51, its quite a surprise that Lily survived being shot in the head by Liam/Reim, and also some of the members of the Baskervilles had been participant in the Tragedy of Sablier which happened 100 years ago.

Even though the headhunter and the Baskervilles are not connected with each other, there could be a relevance for what they want to aim or looking for, i think..

Exactly what I meant by the Baskevilles brand of immortality. Not aging and potential longer life span (if they don't abuse their chain) such seem to be the 'normal'. However seeing as Lily survived a fatal shot to the head and brushed it off with no problem is what makes their immortality unique.

Also looking at how long the Baskervilles have been around (they appear to be the oldest bunch in the series as nobody other than them was around for the Tragedy) and using their chains for Glen it doesn't seem like they particularly care about the seal moving - making me think that perhaps the rule of the seals don't apply to them or it moves at an incredibly slow pace. They also don't appear to be using their contracts to achieve their wish given that they've been trying to revive Glen by their own means rather than doing what illegal contractors do by feeding their chain - this might have a relation to what I was just musing about that they don't seem to care for the seal or that they may have a different ruling with their seal such as it going much slower than normal contractors.

<.Haruka.>
September 24, 2010, 11:04 AM
Also looking at how long the Baskervilles have been around (they appear to be the oldest bunch in the series as nobody other than them was around for the Tragedy) and using their chains for Glen it doesn't seem like they particularly care about the seal moving - making me think that perhaps the rule of the seals don't apply to them or it moves at an incredibly slow pace. They also don't appear to be using their contracts to achieve their wish given that they've been trying to revive Glen by their own means rather than doing what illegal contractors do by feeding their chain - this might have a relation to what I was just musing about that they don't seem to care for the seal or that they may have a different ruling with their seal such as it going much slower than normal contractors.
If the Baskervilles seals were moving on a slow pace, its somehow similar to the headhunter's seal which slowly the hands of the seal of the contractor advances. But the reason for the slow seal advancement of the Queen of Hearts is because of multiple contractors (according to Rufus Barma). For the Baskervilles, they have individual chains like the other normal contractors although like the one you mentioned, there's something special about them as contractors. Maybe their exemption to the ruling of the seal has something to do of being the participants in the tragedy of Sablier or something about Glen that they wanted much to revive his soul/memory.

Anyway, i can't wait to find out more about the Baskervilles, the sealing stone, as well as the contractor/(s) of the Queen of Hearts. :)

Razeus
September 24, 2010, 02:25 PM
Well my guess was that the baskervilles had the same means of making legal contracts with chains as well because they have a strong connection to the abyss. So with that being said two questions come up.

1. Do they have legal contracts with the chains themselves like the members of pandora do?

2. The intention of the abyss made it that they can make a illegal contract without risking going back to the abyss when there time is up?

Even though what hamy and Haruka brought up with them having slow moving seals I'm still accepting that thoery as well.

CBlitz
October 05, 2010, 10:19 PM
just started reading this manga, and I think its excellent. Recently just finished the Cheshire Cat arc, everything about this manga screams quality. You can tell the mangaka meticulously planned the plot unlike most shounen mangas we see these days. The mystery, intrigue and characters are all really well written. Probably the best thing I've read in a while too

also, <3 demon rabbit aka Alice :3c

I'm not gonna bother with the anime, but the soundtrack for it is really amazing, I listen to it while reading the manga lol

Razeus
October 08, 2010, 05:17 PM
just started reading this manga, and I think its excellent. Recently just finished the Cheshire Cat arc, everything about this manga screams quality. You can tell the mangaka meticulously planned the plot unlike most shounen mangas we see these days. The mystery, intrigue and characters are all really well written. Probably the best thing I've read in a while too

also, <3 demon rabbit aka Alice :3c

I'm not gonna bother with the anime, but the soundtrack for it is really amazing, I listen to it while reading the manga lol

Welcome to our quiet little home for PH if you like that arc you'll love the later chapters to.

<.Haruka.>
October 16, 2010, 12:11 PM
Retrace 54 raw is up on PH's LJ account...

some of the events/scenes...

- Ada, Echo & Vincent shows up on the first half of the story. Echo helped Ada from the enemies.
- Alice & Oz woke up to a place where the sealing stone is but they find also Isla Yura with some of the cult members with him.
- An intense fight between Break & Fang.
- On last pages, there's Reo lying on the floor (also Alice on the very last page) and there was something Isla Yura was talking about when he approached beside Reo.

sparviero-92
October 18, 2010, 09:18 AM
pages 34 and 35

oz- "Reo!
- Yura, what did you...!"

yura- "oh oh, he (reo) is part (ingredient) necessary for the ritual
-Jack Bezarius's body
-his soul
-people from the Baskerville
-a sacrifice
-the moon
-fire
-a camp (?)
-and we mustn't forget...
-the blood of a friend!"

<.Haruka.>
October 21, 2010, 02:40 PM
Retrace 54 (http://www.mangareader.net/350-58202-1/pandora-hearts/chapter-54.html) is out. :)
Its quite an awesome chapter for me, some things had been revealed and I just got hanging again on the last page of the chapter as what to Yura had said about the components for the rite.

Quite a dark plan, Isla Yura & his cult followers wants to repeat the tragedy of Sablier (though I'm not surprised about him :notrust) for the sake of their goal. The humpty dumpty chain looks like a really weird monster and Vincent still denying his true feelings (especially for Ada) but I wanna know this (http://www.mangareader.net/350-58202-6/pandora-hearts/chapter-54.html) mystery person from his memories which he's afraid of.

Razeus
November 20, 2010, 06:09 PM
I must say this manga gets better and better. Now as a whole it did tie up some lose ends I just wish that vincent would see that ada does love him and yet he treats her like a play thing. I also loved that echo appeared out of no where makes you wonder where she was this whole time ,but shes awesome anyway. The Break/Fang fight was really epic and break didn't even use his chain well let me rephrase that he might using his chain now cause he did act the same way when he was fightning the chesire cat. The Humpty Dumpty Chain spooked me I didn't expect it to look like that and the ending of the chapter was another cliff hanger that a month can't control my urge to wait. Great chapter can't wait for 55.
[hr]
Attention: Sorry for Double Post

Raws are placed on the Pandora Hearts LJ awaiting scans and translation now.

Spoilers Quick summary.
-Humpty Dumpty can regenerate from what I seen.
-Gil Is in this chapter alot and we he uses the raven and we get to see it. He's using the raven to help break out at the moment ,because break is pretty weak due to overuse from the mad hatter showing signs that his time is running out.
-The other chain featured here is Vincents as he used Yaneme on some children in order to prevent killing them. Echo has to carry the bodies to XD.
- Fangs Chain is a raccoon which is really surprising to say the least. He uses the chain on Break and damages him.
- Breaks Mad hatter chain can dispel the baskervilles connection to the abyss.
-Elliot runs to find leo and runs into Oz who is really ticked off at yura and declares to stop the ceremony once for all.

Also Color picture featuring Gil and Break credit from Spacecatz
http://i56.tinypic.com/5ba1lc.jpg
[hr]
Spoiler scirpt
Source: Pandora Hearts LJ community
Verfication: Confirmed

Chapter 55 Translation

My attempt at a translation for the raws of Chapter 55, posted here by spacecat. Please feel free to help me out with corrections, since I know it's not perfect! Thanks~

Page 1

Break: It’s okay, Gilbert. You shouldn’t mix up your priorities.
You and I are in happy cooperation but… if you feel I’m getting in your way, it’s okay if you cut me off. Of course, I’ll do the same~ If you have just one thing you want to protect, you have to have the cruelty to discard everything besides that.

To bring back the thing you’ve lost, you can’t permit anyone else, right--?

Elliot: Stop it, Gilbert!
Gil: What are you doing, Elliot?!
Elliot: What are you doing?!

Elliot: Did you mean to shoot that kid?
Gil: That’s not a regular child! That’s an Illegal Contractor! (lol these too have too many exclamation points when they speak.)
Gil’s thoughts: That… Is that the Humpty Dumpty Break told me about?
Creepy child 1: He’s stubborn…
Creepy child 2: Yeah, real stubborn, huh? Well, then… How about I let mine out too…?

Gil and Elliot: Echo! Vincent!
Vincent: Oh… Brother.
Gil: Vince… that blood?!
Vincent: It’s okay. It’s not my blood. Hmm… Maybe I did too much… (Probably in reference to killing too much or something like that.)

Vincent: I didn’t think it would become so violent… Anyway, I’m glad Brother is all right.It’d be safest to really kill them but, for now, it’s okay to just put them into a deep sleep, right… Gil?

Gil: Yeah… please do, Vince.

Vincent: In times other than these, Yamane isn’t very useful though... Oh, but compared to Liam’s chain, it’s not that bad.
Gil: Yeah, by the way… Have you seen Liam and Break?!
Vincent: Did something happen?
Gil: Liam… was attacked by the Baskerville searching for the Sealing Stone, so his safety is uncertain.

Break…

Gil: Break somehow… looked strange and…
The Headhunter can apparently exist as one being.

Elliot: But isn’t it normal for the Mad Hatter-san (Break) to be weird?
Gil: Eh? W-well…
Vincent: Acting by himself too much is also really like him, isn’t it?
Gil: T-that’s true but…
Vincent: Oh~? I see you’re worried about Mad Hatter-san.

Echo: …On the way here, I saw Break in the middle of a fight with two Baskervilles. Although, it seems that Vincent-sama didn’t notice…

Page 11

Elliot: Xerxes Break is fighting the Baskervilles?!
Break’s thoughts: That blow just now…

Page 12

Break’s thoughts: That certainly should have been a fatal blow. As I thought… The Baskervilles have unusual healing abilities. Are their bodies immortal? (This was another tricky one but… definitely something about immortality and superhuman healing abilities pertaining to the Baskervilles. Please help?)

Page 13

Lily: Fang!
Break’s thoughts: Nevertheless, just now, the shape of Mad Hatter showed me that the location changed to somewhere wide and outdoors. Even though there are things I am afraid of concerning my Chain’s power, it means that I can kill these guys…

Page 14

Lily: Mad Hatter… is a Chain that has killed other Chains, so we will destroy it!
Break’s thoughts: I wanted to bring them down without using my Chain’s power, if I could, but…Ah, well. There’s no choice, hm…?

Page 15

Break’s thoughts: Will I bring these guys down first… Or will my life come to an end before that…It’s easy to tell…

Gil: That was Yura’s purpose?!

Vincent: Yeah… It seems that, besides the Baskervilles and us, there were a lot of guests in this estate…

Page 16

Gil: So Oz and the stupid rabbit were…
Vincent: Yeah. Also, I think they were with your servant, Elliot.
Elliot: Leo?!
Vincent: According to a conversation a devotee (servant?) of mine overheard, Oz needed someone in the position of a friend. He said that Gilbert and Elliot and Leo were his friends. He doesn’t have many friends, does he?

Gil!

Page 17

Vincent: Are you worried about Mad Hatter-san?
Gil: Ah…
Vincent: He’ll be fine. You would know, wouldn’t you, Gil?Mad Hatter-san is very, very strong.He won’t be uncouthly killed by the Baskervilles~

Gil’s thoughts: I know that without you having to say such a thing…
Gil: …yeah.

Page 18

Gil’s thoughts: Vincent’s right… Break is overwhelmingly strong. There’s no way he would lose.Even so… Why can’t I calm down? Somehow, he keeps making me nervous and irritated… It's because he let me hit him...He…

Page 19

Gil’s thoughts: Back then—
Flashback: Please help me!

Gil’s thoughts: …Until he heard it, Break didn’t seem to know anything had happened.

Page 20

Gil’s thoughts: And why would he, on purpose, let me (hit him)… He couldn’t be—
…it must have been back then.

Page 21

Elliot: Leo went in there?
Vincent: Brother, you should get a hold of yourself.
Elliot will go rescue his servant, while Echo and I will go to stop the ritual and ensure the Sealing Stone's safety and Gil will, of course, go rescue his precious master, right? You shouldn’t mix up your priorities, right?

Page 22

Flashback: It’s okay, Gilbert. You shouldn’t mix up your priorities.
Gil: Sorry. I just remembered what Break said to me 10 years ago…

Page 23

Gil: It’s okay. Let’s go.

Vincent’s thoughts: He has Mad Hatter, but he’ll be forced to use force against the power of Lily’s and Fang’s Chains.

Page 24

Vincent’s thoughts: He most likely noticed my connection to the Baskervilles, as I feared. There is no positive proof yet, but--

What an eyesore.

Page 25

Gil: Oz!
Bottom (Vincent): Disappear!
Vincent: Disappear right here, Mad Hatter!

Page 27

Lily: Tove! (the name of the Chain)

Fang: Even if he could use Mad Hatter to defend his blind spot, there’s no way to defend against an attack from underground!

Page 28

Fang’s thoughts: A surprise attack should be enough…If I can use Tove’s power, this fight will be settled.

Break’s thoughts: It’s useless. I’ll lose. My wounds are deep, grave… I can’t fight with my Chain like this.

I’m going to die. …Oh, well. There’s no choice.

Page 29

Break’s thoughts: I’m sorry, Liam. It looks like I couldn’t do it…At least…Even if it’s only these two, I can annihilate them here.

Page 30

Flashback: Really? Will you really grant my wish?
Break’s thoughts: In the end… I couldn’t grant your desire either. Forgive me…

Page 31

But it’s okay… if you don’t.

Page 32

Gil-Stop that, you idiot!

Page 33

Break: Gilbert?!
Fang: Lily!
Break: Gi—
Gil: Listen up, Break!

Page 34

Gil: I have orders from Master Oz to return to him in 10 minutes, so sorry but let me hurry up and finish this!

Lily: Ow ow ow! W-what the hell are you—?

Page 35

Gil:I am this man’s left eye!

Page 38

Gil-Raven!

Gil’s flashback: Please Oz! Let me have permission to go help Break!

Page 39

Gil: I’m your servant! I can’t go without your permission, but right now, Break is…
Oz’s thoughts: Oh. So Gil figured out… about Break’s eyes.
Gil: Please! Afterward, you can punish me however you want to, so please…

Page 40

Oz: Oh, calm down. All right, listen up, Gilbert.

Alice and Leo were taken by Yura a little while ago. He said that, when the hand of the clock reaches the top...

Page 41

...the two of them will be killed for the ritual. Finish up in ten minutes and come back! I'll somehow manage by myself here.

Gil: No! Oz, that’s…

Oz: Even if I’m just one person (alone?), I can fight. I don’t know what you think of this but…

Page 42

Oz: I’m glad, finally to be able to fight, together with you. That’s why…
You should fight with all your power and come back!

Page 44

Elliot: You said you were glad but… aren’t you angry?

Oz: Oh, I’m angry. I won’t forgive him.I won’t forgive Isura Yura.
The things he desires, his ridiculous ceremony, all of it…
Oz: By my own hands, I will destroy them all.

Enjoy.

<.Haruka.>
November 22, 2010, 10:27 AM
Atleast this time Vincent uses his chain to help Gil, Elliot and others... though i still had doubts with him because of his connection with the Baskervilles.
It looks like on pg. 20, Gil might have noticed/realized that Break has lost his vision because of the incidence before where Break let Gil hit him.. (also on pg. 39's Gil conversation with Oz).
I love to see Gil fight once more especially with his chain. :amuse

- Fangs Chain is a raccoon which is really surprising to say the least. He uses the chain on Break and damages him.
Even though I don't like Fang, his chain is the cutest i've seen among the abyss chains.

@Razeus: regarding with the help on translation, maybe you can try to ask Olivine (http://mangahelpers.com/t/olivine). I've seen his translations before on PH chapters.

Razeus
November 22, 2010, 05:53 PM
Great great chapter anyone else loved the panel when gil pulled out raven that was awesome.

Anywho I'll be providing spoilers for this manga in the future so be on the look out and If I need help with translations I'll ask olivine.

<.Haruka.>
November 25, 2010, 07:08 AM
Retrace 55 (http://www.mangareader.net/pandora-hearts/55/2) is up...

I love the fight between Break & Fang as well as Vincent's chain shows up once more.
Actually, lots of chains showed up in the recent chapter which is kind of cool.
Funny how Vincent & Break says the same thing to Gil about remembering his priorities and also the scene where Vincent kicked Break to brought back on his senses.

Great chapter and can't wait for the next one. :)

Razeus
December 01, 2010, 09:54 PM
Makes you wonder how strong the raven really is you know? I mean I can't understand why gill doesn't use it.

Also whats your guys favorite chains so far?

<.Haruka.>
December 04, 2010, 09:53 PM
Maybe Gilbert is still not used to on summoning Raven but we still not know yet the extent of the power of that chain. I wonder also if the chain user's life either shortens or extends longer whenever they used/summon their chains. Though i'm sticking at the latter for now since Gilbert aged a bit since he was accepted at the Vessalius family 15 years ago and seldom uses his chain, imo.

My favorite chains are B-Rabbit (Alice), and Cheshire since he's kind of unique doens't need a contractor in able to leave the Abyss and he plays somewhat anti-hero for the sake of protecting Alice's memories.

CBlitz
December 14, 2010, 07:59 PM
I liked Oz's dad's chain. That Griffon looked real badass, too bad Oz will never get it. Oh well he has Alice >__>

sparviero-92
December 21, 2010, 08:42 AM
The raw of Retrace 56 is out at pandorahearts LJ (http://community.livejournal.com/pandorahearts/480967.html)
and Olivine translated the chapter (http://mangahelpers.com/t/olivine/releases/26680)

-I knew Liam wasn't dead! And now we finally know the power of March Hare.
- :o Eliot's mother :o
I got the impression Reo already knew about her?

<.Haruka.>
December 27, 2010, 03:43 AM
Retrace 56 (http://www.mangareader.net/pandora-hearts/56) english scan (Rabbit Eyes) is up since last week too. :)
Its such a great chapter and I love all the chains in action.

T-I knew Liam wasn't dead! And now we finally know the power of March Hare.
Its the most surprising thing that happened. :amuse I'm really happy Liam is alive, and I guess his March Hare chain is really quite strong despite its appearance.

For Fang, its his end by sacrificing his life in able to protect Lily. I guess, the Baskervilles had a long life but not prone to true immortality.

Other notes... Isla Yura said something that the abyss is able also to record almost all the events that happens in the real world. There are memories he was looking for specifically and the tragedy of sablier is only a stimulus that he wants to repeat in able to shatter the abyss, imo. But his tactic to lure out Elliot and Oz (specially Oz as one of the ingredients to break the seal) was quite effective. :darn

Even Vincent helped them just as Gil requested, he also wants to break the seal which makes me wonder why.

Its quite sad that the kid Philippe Oz-kun and friends helped before was one of the contractors of Humpty Dumpty/Queen of Hearts because of Isla Yura :notrust. But good thing humpty dumpty was destroyed by Oz's chain but there's might be some danger awaits for waking/using B-rabbit..

- :o Eliot's mother :o
I got the impression Reo already knew about her?
Something I look foward in the next chapter, yup Reo might know something about Elliot's mom.

sparviero-92
January 18, 2011, 08:47 AM
retrace 57 raw is out at pandorahearts lj (http://community.livejournal.com/pandorahearts)

Mochizuki sure loves trolling with cliffhangers

Elliot, the headhunter?
Apart for the fact he was/is the headhunter, I realy liked the way his chain manipulates him, he seemed..schizophrenic?

I don't understand why he was half-dead in the last page though...

<.Haruka.>
January 20, 2011, 05:06 AM
I hope there would be translation for retrace 57 soon.
The events looks interesting especially the flashback memories of Alice and the last pages about Elliot..

Update.. translation for retrace 57 by Olivine.. :) http://mangahelpers.com/t/olivine/releases/27223

...and Break's hunch on Elliot was right..:darn

earthforge
January 20, 2011, 08:15 PM
So the latest chapter....

Elliot. Holy FREAKING CRAP, ELLIOT. Talk about major Tomato in the Mirror syndrome. This hit me so fricking hard, I couldn't focus for my class right after I read the chapter. He probably was in so much denial when the executions happened that he wished it never happened - so it didn't.

What confuses me is, can the Chain really take control of it's Contractor like that? It was like Humpty took over Elliot briefly and then sliced their heads off as a signature. But still, how could a Chain take over a Contractor? Or perhaps it's like with yandere!Oz, and part of Elliot has been eroded by the Chain and created a subpersonality that would kill his own family.

Also, this chapter tells that Humpty is a Chain with an agenda to return and always protect the future vessel of Glen's soul, and perhaps there are other Chains like that.

Interesting to hear that the Abyss was once a paradise, but turned into a grave. Perhaps Lacie's sacrifice and Alice/Alyss's birth coincide with that moment?

I was totally taken by the foot-heel-turn of this chapter. I thought Elliot was Glen's vessel and Leo was some other character associated with Glen as a servant that we had not seen yet. Yet it's completely reversed. Leo seems to be Glen's next host, and Elliot seems to be the servant, the Contractor of a Chain who protects Glen.

We also have an answer for why Duke Nightray let Gil contract with Raven instead of letting Elliot try. Duke Nightray also intentionally gave Elliot a sword, probably after the incident he went into the hole of Sablier. That incident was also what persuaded Duke Nightray to accept Leo as Elliot's servant. Duke Nightray probably was intentionally using his own son as the main contractor for Humpty Dumpty, after Leo had Elliot make a contract to save their lives.

<.Haruka.>
January 22, 2011, 02:39 PM
Retrace 57 (http://www.mangareader.net/pandora-hearts/57) is out now from The Black Abyss (http://blackabyss-manga.webs.com/).
Quite an intense chapter and the last page was really surprising. :o

What confuses me is, can the Chain really take control of it's Contractor like that? It was like Humpty took over Elliot briefly and then sliced their heads off as a signature. But still, how could a Chain take over a Contractor? Or perhaps it's like with yandere!Oz, and part of Elliot has been eroded by the Chain and created a subpersonality that would kill his own family.
It would be a pretty high level of hypnotism might have happened to Elliot for not be able to remember the beheading events. It just shows how strong the Humpty dumpty chain is, for able to erase memories even on its contractor, in able to fulfill its goal.

Interesting to hear that the Abyss was once a paradise, but turned into a grave. Perhaps Lacie's sacrifice and Alice/Alyss's birth coincide with that moment?
I want to see that paradise version of the abyss before it came out to be the graveyard dull dimension we saw previously and what Jack had described.
And if abyss was once beautiful before, i wonder why and how it came to be a place which is not so 'wonderful'.

We also have an answer for why Duke Nightray let Gil contract with Raven instead of letting Elliot try. Duke Nightray also intentionally gave Elliot a sword, probably after the incident he went into the hole of Sablier. That incident was also what persuaded Duke Nightray to accept Leo as Elliot's servant. Duke Nightray probably was intentionally using his own son as the main contractor for Humpty Dumpty, after Leo had Elliot make a contract to save their lives.
It does look like that Gil and Elliot were to protect the next vessel since they are the contractors of the chain which were previously the bodies/vessel of Glen.
Just a note, Glen said on this (http://www.mangareader.net/pandora-hearts/57/35) page that humpty dumpty should be the one who would find his soul after 100 years (which is the current time of Oz), so i'm kind of guessing that Glen's next vessel is nearly to show up.

I was totally taken by the foot-heel-turn of this chapter. I thought Elliot was Glen's vessel and Leo was some other character associated with Glen as a servant that we had not seen yet. Yet it's completely reversed. Leo seems to be Glen's next host, and Elliot seems to be the servant, the Contractor of a Chain who protects Glen.
It does seems like it but still after we see what happens next on the future chapters we can confirm if it will be Leo or someone else from the Nightray's will be Glen's next vessel.

MSofAofCOCA
February 10, 2011, 07:04 PM
....well, i'll have to go and reread the last few chapters again after reading these posts...
but, the way i understood it is that Humpty Dumpty was chain created from glen's previous host and can therefore find a new one. so, if Eliot has Humpty Dumpty,.....isn't he the new host? cuz i thought gil was gonna be the one from 100 years ago, but since he and Vincent time skipped, there are two potential hosts in present time (that's what you guys get for screwing with time!! mwahahahaha!)

But, is it just me, or is nearly every head of the households a son of a ****?
oz's dad - pushed him into abyss.... (btw, why'd he do that if oz might not even be the real key??)

eliot's dad - .....let him contract with Humpty dumpty and kill most of the family...

Miranda Barma - tricked Vincent into mass muder.
Baskervilles - immortal muderers

seriously, wtf?

Rainsworth (sharon's house right?) the only ones so far that have yet to commit an atrosscious mass murder.

WTF PANDORA HEARTS!?!? (why you sooooo goood?!)

soooo glad to finaly find a PH discussion thread!! ch 58 spoilers anyone??? =D

CBlitz
February 20, 2011, 12:57 AM
59 is out (or I've noticed it out). Clears up some confusion about what happened when Elliot blacked out before he found himself knee deep in headless corpses. I felt pretty bad for Vanessa though, Elliot is one crazy bastard >__>

way to go Leo, turned your best friend into a monster~

<.Haruka.>
March 19, 2011, 08:56 PM
I feel sorry for Elliot because he doesn't knew he had the humpty dumpty chain from the start.
For Leo, I think he just wants his friend to survive that time so its kind of no choice/quick decision time for him for that situation (http://www.mangareader.net/pandora-hearts/58/20) although the price to be paid was kinda :darn. Elliot's memory being repressed by his chain was contributed by his subconscious thoughts that to forget the beheading events, that's why he can't remember himself being the headhunter, imo.
[hr]
Raws of retrace 59 is up on pandorahearts LJ. (i think Cblitz had said before was retrace 58)

The chapter is still on Elliot's tragedy. I think this one will be his end unless it will be like Liam's case or someone/something will save him. A pretty sad chapter. :darn

Also, there's the Pandora Hearts novel, titled: Caucus race.
More info at Gangan's site: http://www.square-enix.com/jp/magazine/ganganonline/novel/pandora/

Hamy
March 21, 2011, 03:17 PM
read the latest chapter... OMG Eliot! Looks like it might be the end for the poor guy... I really didn't expect that! I need to collect my thoughts more before I post. Or rather its difficult to post since I want to know immediately what happened to him, as this is just too much of a cliff hanger. Still ELIOT T______T.

<.Haruka.>
March 22, 2011, 08:03 AM
Yup, i still can't believe it also after reading the chapter. :darn
I'm hoping Elliot would make it through because he rejected the humpty dumpty chain.
And also, I wonder what will Leo do. Can't wait for the next chapter.

earthforge
March 22, 2011, 02:53 PM
Elliot's dead for certain. He'd rather take himself out with Humpty Dumpty than be dragged into the Abyss or killed by Oz or Vincent. It's what made his death so ironic. He who hates "idiotic self-sacrifice" killed himself to save everyone around him, and to save what was left of himself. Farewell, Elliot.

I think he might linger for some final words to Reo. But that'll be it.

This also punctuates the earlier chapter with all the characters coming together for a photo. They remarked it felt like the last time they'd be able to do it. Elliot's now dead, though he died in a noble way. Oz is rapidly changing as the Chain's power drains into him from Alice. But there's also positive changes. Gil's changing into the older brother of Vincent and owner of the Nightray's chain, a role he has feared and escaped through his pursuit of Oz. Alice is becoming more human.

The avalanche has started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.

<.Haruka.>
April 22, 2011, 01:28 AM
Retrace 60 is up on wonderland scans (http://emerald-dreamar.livejournal.com/).
The sealing stone along with Isla Yura's plan was stopped, although Oz, Reo and others was saddened of Elliot's tragic end. On last page, the person who appreared to Reo seems to ignite a beginning of a new chaos.

Hamy
May 22, 2011, 03:58 AM
What nobody is talking about the latest chapter which was just translated! Its such a major revelation to find out not only Vincent's plan but who (I'll put spoilers just for the sake of the others for now):
Leo is Glen!?
It will be interesting to see how things will pan out from here - precisely how Oz will act once he finds out. On a side note Vincent's relationship with Elliot was pretty surprising I didn't think he would actually have liked Elliot - given how he only seemed to like Gilbert. Ah well least Elliot somehow received justice ironically from the actions of Vincent.

Razeus
May 24, 2011, 08:58 AM
Finished the chapter must say the story is flowing well. I say vincent having two chains is quite the twist and the reson he does all this is to die o_0...so vincent is kinda like chaotic neutral its really poetic. Interesting to see that the Raven was bounded to Gil for over 100 years. I'm looking forward to the next chapter the last panel is amazing to see glen back.

<.Haruka.>
May 27, 2011, 10:13 PM
Definitely like the plot twist and surprise about the chain of Queen of hearts as well as Leo's eyes.
Though I still feel sad to Elliot's tragedy, and the more I don't like Vincent.
Also, I'm still not much convinced that Leo is Glen. Can't wait for the next chapters as how will Glen's new vessel would arise.

<.Haruka.>
October 24, 2011, 01:58 PM
Just catched up on chapters 61-66 (http://fallensyndicate.com/).. nevermind the queen of hearts, so many plot/character surprises happened and I can't believe what Rufus Barma did, and how Gil traces back some of his memories (..won't spoil the details to those didn't read the chapters yet).
The story gets more interesting on the last 2 recent chapters which reveals how Jack and Lacie met.

RaveDragon
October 25, 2011, 12:03 PM
WOW that was such an awesome twist with Lacie and Jack meeting and Glen actually probably being the 'hero', I wonder if Lacie is the will's and alice's mother or actually alice and the will had once been her. Lacies chain did look like B-rabbits powers i think, but it looked familiar when she used it ><

earthforge
October 27, 2011, 10:16 PM
Pandora Hearts has become an impressive manga series. I completely didn't see Jack's true intentions at all. But it makes sense now - all his odd mannerisms that I had thought were sheerly fanservice are actually what he became through his experiences as a whore. He truly is the great seducer. He seduced the entire country into fighting for him. He seduced Oz & Co into searching for his soul.

Lacie is also three fries short of a happy meal. But I do adore her speech about "I try to see the world from every angle". She also appears to be the earliest contractor of B-Rabbit.

I have a theory that perhaps B-Rabbit's power was drained into someone else causing Lacie's death, then into Alice, and now into Oz (and Alice is disappearing).

Darn it, so many parts of this chapter I wish I could act, but I don't know of anyone who'd be willing to act Jack out.

yukihime03
November 27, 2011, 09:06 AM
Jack is the greatest deceiver I have ever known in the history of manga.

I'm getting more confused now... Lacie is near death? Glen at that time is not the Glen we know, but Oswald, Lacie's brother? And what's with Miranda Barma? She seems scary and (I think) she's beheading people? What's with her obsession towards Oswald? I'm getting headache... Everything is not as it seems before... It's not clear who's the bad guy here anymore... I was hoping the new chapter will give us more light onto the mystery but it seems the spiderweb is more complicated than it seems.

Somehow the story makes me learn about something. History is not always the truth. Jack manipulates the history... I wonder what leads him into doing it... Jack, Jack... *sigh* You destroy my perfect image of you. But even among this tangle of web, Jack has become a more interesting character, not just the hero in the past.

<.Haruka.>
January 23, 2012, 01:24 PM
Retrace 69 (http://fallensyndicate.com/2012/01/what-no-witty-title/) is up.

I like the current chapter how they reveal's Alice as...
...Lacie's daughter and a possibility that she has a twin left in the abyss..
The current chapter somehow gave answers from what was I was looking for from the earlier chapters before the tragedy of Sablier happened.
Can't wait to see more revelations, as Vincent and Gil (and probably Break) enters on the retraced story after they introduced how Alice was brought up.

yumimi
January 24, 2012, 12:36 AM
Retrace 69 (http://fallensyndicate.com/2012/01/what-no-witty-title/) is up.

I like the current chapter how they reveal's Alice as...
...Lacie's daughter and a possibility that she has a twin left in the abyss..
The current chapter somehow gave answers from what was I was looking for from the earlier chapters before the tragedy of Sablier happened.
Can't wait to see more revelations, as Vincent and Gil (and probably Break) enters on the retraced story after they introduced how Alice was brought up.

iirc, Break doesn't come in until vince and gil are with the will of the abyss [just after the killing in the Tradegy]. What's really bothering me now is who's Alice's father u.u And their seeming ability to switch between each other (the converasation with Glen and Alice with Jack nearby implies it), so what does that mean for the current Alice and the Alice Oz saw in chapter 1 after he touched Jack's watch @-@

so confusing like ever <3

Hamy
January 24, 2012, 08:08 AM
iirc, Break doesn't come in until vince and gil are with the will of the abyss [just after the killing in the Tradegy]. What's really bothering me now is who's Alice's father u.u And their seeming ability to switch between each other (the converasation with Glen and Alice with Jack nearby implies it), so what does that mean for the current Alice and the Alice Oz saw in chapter 1 after he touched Jack's watch @-@

so confusing like ever <3

The father was already mentioned in this chapter it was the previous holder of the name Glen before Oswald inherited it - he already mentions he impregnated Lacie for the sake of creating an experiment but what they didn't foresee was that she'd have twins and as a result the question is which among the twins is the true vessel for the Will of the Abyss along with why only Alice was summoned while the other one remained in the Abyss.

<.Haruka.>
January 24, 2012, 12:03 PM
iirc, Break doesn't come in until vince and gil are with the will of the abyss [just after the killing in the Tradegy].
That reminds me of the chronological events, what i look forward to see is how Alice lost her memory along with the few moments before the tragedy of Sablier happened.

The father was already mentioned in this chapter it was the previous holder of the name Glen before Oswald inherited it - he already mentions he impregnated Lacie for the sake of creating an experiment but what they didn't foresee was that she'd have twins and as a result the question is which among the twins is the true vessel for the Will of the Abyss along with why only Alice was summoned while the other one remained in the Abyss.
I'm also quite curious to know who would be the real vessel too but i think since the other alice twin (Alyss) was left in Abyss, it looks like she served as a temporary vessel for the abyss. Though i'm not convinced as whether the two alice are biologically twins (even though it was said by the former Glen/Revis), since the Abyss seems not to be a normal world/dimension.

Hamy
January 24, 2012, 12:59 PM
I'm also quite curious to know who would be the real vessel too but i think since the other alice twin (Alyss) was left in Abyss, it looks like she served as a temporary vessel for the abyss. Though i'm not convinced as whether the two alice are biologically twins (even though it was said by the former Glen/Revis), since the Abyss seems not to be a normal world/dimension.

Irregardless of whether they're natural twins or not fact remains there are two who were born from Lacie and furthermore is the mystery of who is the rightful vessel. The tragedy I think is starting to make sense in that it is most likely a result of them trying to bring about the other Alice from the abyss but what is most curious is Alice's memory of being killed... I wonder as to why Jack would have had to kill her given his devotion to Lacie, she's practically a carbon copy (perhaps as a result of the Abyss?), so if anything he'd probably want to have her for himself would be the most normal reaction. In any case at least the reason for summoning the abyss has been established in that it is probably related to the Baskervilles with good intention to summon the other twin to live with them, but clearly somebody is going to mess it up (I don't think Glen would have used a summoning method that would bring about a lot of deaths he seems too nice for that and would most likely avoid it so its probably Jack and the Barma lady).

yumimi
January 25, 2012, 11:07 PM

Actually all that was ever stated was that Lacie agreed to carry out (blonde) Glens experiment. It actually doesnt specifically say anywhere that Glen is the father, and since this is ph its important not to take things as given XD I mean, just look at all the flashbacks we thought were Glen's, but were actually Jack's.

---------- Post added at 03:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:58 PM ----------

Irregardless of whether they're natural twins or not fact remains there are two who were born from Lacie and furthermore is the mystery of who is the rightful vessel. The tragedy I think is starting to make sense in that it is most likely a result of them trying to bring about the other Alice from the abyss but what is most curious is Alice's memory of being killed... I wonder as to why Jack would have had to kill her given his devotion to Lacie, she's practically a carbon copy (perhaps as a result of the Abyss?), so if anything he'd probably want to have her for himself would be the most normal reaction. In any case at least the reason for summoning the abyss has been established in that it is probably related to the Baskervilles with good intention to summon the other twin to live with them, but clearly somebody is going to mess it up (I don't think Glen would have used a summoning method that would bring about a lot of deaths he seems too nice for that and would most likely avoid it so its probably Jack and the Barma lady).

Yeah I think Miranda is a little to suspicious for all this x.x And it is called the Headhunter arc, both Vincent and Miranda suite this role. Actually Miranda's been hinted as being behind thr Tragedy for quite a while... she was shown to be the one telling Vince how to open a door to the Abyss (in the Sablier arc).

I can't say anything on your theory, sadly in PH's case I've learnt to watch and wait; while trying to remember all the clues u.u But I have to wonder how Gil/Vince fit into this madness >_<

Hamy
January 25, 2012, 11:54 PM
Actually all that was ever stated was that Lacie agreed to carry out (blonde) Glens experiment. It actually doesnt specifically say anywhere that Glen is the father, and since this is ph its important not to take things as given XD I mean, just look at all the flashbacks we thought were Glen's, but were actually Jack's.

Given that he specifically states himself as being the one to impregnate Lacie:
http://www.mangareader.net/pandora-hearts/69/26
I took it that he was the father, rather than Jack or any random guy, for the other purpose that this is an experiment that appears to have been kept within a small circle - i.e. Revis & Oswald are so far the only ones shown to be involved at the experiment (not too sure about Oswald perhaps he was just informed of it later). I think proof of this is that the other Baskerville servants don't seem to be fully aware of the meaning behind the tragedy and simply carried out orders, to them it seems like they just wanted to summon the Abyss but here we see that it is most likely if there was a reason to summon the Abyss was to bring Alice's twin to the surface.

I'm fully aware of how Pandora Hearts does love twists but clearly Lacie can't get impregnated by herself and the only two men who have had contact with her and are aware of the experiment are Revis & Oswald so these are the two main candidates, Oswald doesn't seem to be the incestuous type so that leaves Revis who would be cold enough from the looks of it to do such for the sake of an experiment since its not as if he has much longer to live himself. We could look at the other Baskerville servants, none of which appear to be dead save the one Break killed, but hey most are women and the only guys don't show any affinity or hint of being Alice's father so far.

Edit: Another thing to consider really is the translation there really is no other way to read "I impregnated her" other than Revis referring to himself had he said "I HAD her impregnated" then yes it would mean someone else did the deed. In nihonggo there isn't much confusion either with the way you'd read that sentence, unless someone could provide the RAW page or script and look at this specific dialogue and contest otherwise that it could be read a different manner. However, given the track record of the translation I'm prompted to believe in their reading hence believe that Revis is the father.

MSofAofCOCA
July 04, 2012, 10:45 PM
Latest PH Chapter: "Oh, so your life is good right now? You're happy? Having fun in the summer? Here, let me fix that for you. Have all the feelings! Have all the tragedy and angst and death and sadness and hate and anger and fear. Have fun staying sane until the next chapter!"

Jaymie
July 05, 2012, 07:03 PM
Pandora Hearts has been caking on the layers of angst and despair for the past year. I love how overwhelming it is, though. Most mangaka aren't brave enough to make their series that angsty.