PDA

View Full Version : Manga Cover Crits Plz

sarydactl
July 15, 2009, 01:36 PM
Please critique the pose~.

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/992/smallversion.jpg

I'm going to enter it in the Summer contest here...but I want to make sure the cover is good. "What objects would you suggest make it better? Do you know any manga cover with similar poses? Does this look interesting/would you want to look inside?" That's what I want to know. Thank you to anyone who helps!

Oh, and this is just sketch/basic color, so that I can still make changes without redoing hours of work ^^; .

brawly
July 17, 2009, 07:31 PM
i think the space is to large focus in more on the character and less on the space around her, i also think the set she is on is to dark the legs get lost. hope that helps

GPAnthony
July 17, 2009, 08:14 PM
Your cover looks pretty good, the contrast between the gray/ neutral tones and the vibrant colors of the scarf/ creature are nice and eye catching. I also dig the character/ costume design. The thermal vision on the creature is very, very cool and creative too.

However, the way the creature is rendered and the blur effect on it in the Green line art areas make it a little hard to read. It may take readers a while to see it, and by then you may loose their attention- you may want to try making the back ground a darker shade of gray, but be careful that you don't make it too similar to the gray tones of the character.

Also, the bench the character is sitting on is blending too much with the character's legs and the legs end up getting lost in the color of the bench. Try lightening the bench up a little bit or making the shadows pure black, this may help the figure's legs pop out more.

Hope this helped and keep up the great work!

sarydactl
July 18, 2009, 12:52 PM
http://img162.imageshack.us/img162/992/smallversion.jpg

Here's a new version XD ; . I don't really care about people knowing it's a chameleon. I don't expect people to stare, lol. I...don't think I'll update this more unless there's something really awkward you guys haven't caught/to add text/to tweak colors.

So is anyone interested? XD ;