PDA

View Full Version : Discussion Nationals 3rd, 4th and 5th places.

Sherlock Holmes
July 19, 2009, 05:18 PM
Who got them? (Assuming they even had 3rd,4th and 5th places in the first place)
I mean, Shiten probably got third since Krauser is the only decent player in there. The only question is "WHO GOT CRUCIFIED?"

Though Shiten couldn't use Gin because he broke his wrist against Kawamura. And the funny tennis is useless against people who don't speak Japanese enough to understand their puns.

.....Actually it could be a close match. But I would still give the edge to Shiten. Chitose+Shiraishi+Kintarou still means three wins, though Chitose and Shiraishi might still get crucified by Krauser(Kintarou is probably above that)

As for 5th place, it would probably come down to Hyotei vs Fudomine. It would be a freaking massacre, with Hyotei winning. Though Atobe vs Tachibana would be an awesome match.

KuwabaraTheMan
July 19, 2009, 06:26 PM
Hyoutei vs Fudoumine wouldn't be a massacre. At least, not if we assume both used the same line-ups they did in the quarter-finals. It would take all five to determine it.

Singles 3: Oshitari vs Shinji: Oshitari probably wins 6-3 or 6-4 (this is rather difficult since we don't know how much Shinji has grown)

Doubles 2: Hiyoshi/Mukahi vs Ishida/Kamio: Ishida/Kamio rape Hiyoshi/Mukahi.

Singles 2: Kabaji vs Tachibana: Tachibana wins. How close it would be depends on how well Kabaji could copy Tachibana (would Wild Beast Aura be harder than Hyakuren) and how well Tachibana would deal with facing a copy of himself. But he definitely wins, whether it is a blowout or a close match.

Doubles 1: Shishido/Ootori vs Uchimura/Mori: Uchimura/Mori could win 1 or 2 games, but they have no shot.

Singles 1: Atobe vs Sakurai: Lol

So, Hyoutei would probably win 3-2. But if Shinji could manage to beat Oshitari (which isn't impossible), Fudoumine might be able to win.

Sherlock Holmes
July 19, 2009, 07:46 PM
Don't know why you would assume that Ishida/Kamio would rape Hiyoshi/Cancer. They could beat them, assuming that it was before the tumor exploded.
Oshitari beat Momo in trickster mode, so Shinji probably wouldn't be able to do much, specially since he lost to Kamio recently and was raped by Kintarou.

And since Kabaji is everyone's bitch, I agree with you that he would lose, but I think they would put Atobe in singles 2 to fight Tachibana. And then it would be Atobe all the way.`

KuwabaraTheMan
July 19, 2009, 09:43 PM
Don't know why you would assume that Ishida/Kamio would rape Hiyoshi/Cancer. They could beat them, assuming that it was before the tumor exploded.
Oshitari beat Momo in trickster mode, so Shinji probably wouldn't be able to do much, specially since he lost to Kamio recently and was raped by Kintarou.

And since Kabaji is everyone's bitch, I agree with you that he would lose, but I think they would put Atobe in singles 2 to fight Tachibana. And then it would be Atobe all the way.`

I'm fairly confident Tachibana would defeat Atobe. I think it would be a good match, but Tachibana was one of the 2 Wings of Kyuushu, and he seemed to be on a whole different level. After all, Chitose (who was weaker than Tachibana) forced Tezuka to step up to a new level.

I presume that Ishida/Kamio would rape because there's absolutely nothing Hiyoshi or Mukahi could really do to them. Neither of them are returning the Hadoukyuu, and Kamio's speed would make Mukahi's acrobatic tennis completely useless.

Sherlock Holmes
July 19, 2009, 10:24 PM
I'm fairly confident Tachibana would defeat Atobe. I think it would be a good match, but Tachibana was one of the 2 Wings of Kyuushu, and he seemed to be on a whole different level. After all, Chitose (who was weaker than Tachibana) forced Tezuka to step up to a new level.

I presume that Ishida/Kamio would rape because there's absolutely nothing Hiyoshi or Mukahi could really do to them. Neither of them are returning the Hadoukyuu, and Kamio's speed would make Mukahi's acrobatic tennis completely useless.

Tachibana lost to Chitose. Chitose got raped by Tezuka.
Besides, what Tachibana has? He's a beast. But he doesn't have the technique to beat Atobe's tennis.

How would he counter Atobe's world of ice?
So far, the only ones that possibly could are Tezuka and Echizen(their zone) and Yukimura(who's perfect defence would make him be able to hit his blind spots. Kind of like "I can't see it, but I know it's there".

Oh, and Fuji. Even blind he can react to balls, so he could beat world of ice.

Tachibana has nothing to stop it. I'm confident Atobe is one rank above Tachibana.

The hadokyuu is not exactly that easy to use if they don't give Ishida time to use it, and keep him moving from one side of the court to the other. And Kamio's speed is not good enough to beat acrobatics. The fake teleportation guy got raped by Kikumaru, remember?

It would be a close match. I don't know who would win, but calling it a rape would be very very wrong.

But I assume Kamio would play singles.

Singles 3- Shinji vs Oshitari
Singles 2-Kamio vs Kabaji or Jirou or kung fu panda.
Singles 1-Atobe vs Tachibana.
(hyotei winning both doubles. Seriously.)
Even if Hyotei lost both singles, Atobe would still be enough to win, and to me at least it seems like he is one level above Tachibana.

Fayte
July 19, 2009, 11:22 PM
I agree with Hinata fan on this. I would vote Tachibana over Atobe. Tezuka did not rape Chitose until he started having plot hax with Saiki. Chitose was the better one before that.

Sai_the_Shaman
July 20, 2009, 12:12 AM
I would have to vote on Atobe beating Tachibana. Considering Nationals Atobe is at the very least better than sealed Sanada, and sealed Sanada is still at the very least a 2 times national champion who has seemed to beat everyone before, I would have to give the win between Tachibana and Atobe to Atobe. Unrestrained Tachibana seemed to be portrayed as the same level that he was when he was in Kyushu, Kyushu never won the championship in the previous two years....and it is made to seem Rikkai never dropped a single set in the previous two years when they played. Hence with Nationals Atobe better than a Sanada that had already beaten the rest of the nation twice....Tachibana would have no way to win imo.

Sherlock Holmes
July 20, 2009, 02:13 AM
And as for 3rd place, it would be down to Krauser vs Shiten.
...what? Krauser was the only good player at his school.
Considering that the funny tennis guys would be screwed against people who didn't understand their jokes, maybe they could lose against them.
Gin being injured meant...Zaizen and Kenya playing.

Right, so let's see:
Singles 3-Shiraishi vs guy that sounds like beavis and butthead.
Shiraishi.
...know what? Let's just see Shiten vs Krauser, because that's the only possibly fun match to analyse.

Shiraishi vs Krauser
Bible vs Crucifixation. Too perfect. If Konomi wanted to go epic, Shirashi would be crucified, then fall "dying" and ressurecting, and then using his new technique the "new testament" to make a comeback.

Kenya vs Krauser
Yes, Kenya is fast as hell. But so is Richard. And we all know how that turned out.

Koharu/Other guy vs Krauser
"Hey wanna hear a funny joke?"
"I don't speak Japanese."
"So, two gay guys were crossing the road holding a chicken..."
"I really don't speak Japanese."
Shiraishi on the stands:"UNBELIEVABLE. THEIR JOKE IS NOT MAKING HIM LAUGH."
Chitose:"You know, I think he really doesn't speak Japanese."
Shiraishi:"Of course he does!"
Chitose:"Well I think that- oh damn it we missed the crucifixation."
*Koharou and other guy crucified, Krauser walks away*

Krauser vs Gin
Rock falls. Everyone dies.
Seriously. One of them crucifies people, the other sends people flying with a tennis ball. Some gamemaster is bound to get pissed off at the godmodding and say "Rock falls, everyone dies"

Krauser vs Chitose.
"This will end in 5 shots!"
"...I don't speak Japanese."
"HA! SEE? IT ENDED IN 5 SHOTS."
"I really don't speak Japanese."
Kintarou:"He doesn't seem impressed."
"...I don't think he knows Chitose is predicting stuff."
"...oh."
"this makes the technique 90% less cool."
"Indeed."
[can't think of a way for Krauser to break the ultimate prediction, so I'll assume Chitose wins unless Krauser has some kind of badass power we don't know about]

Krauser vs Zaizen
Krauser:"...I came here to win."(In english)
Zaizen:"...Arrogant much?"
[Krauser crucifies him]
Zaizen:"....Apparently, your arrogance was justified."

Krauser vs Kintarou:
*Krauser tries to crucify Kintarou. He fails.*
"HA! DON'T YOU KNOW I LOOK TOO MUCH LIKE A KID TO BE CRUCIFIED?"
"...Damn those moral guardians."

[Seriously though, Kintarou would win anyway.]

javimgol
July 20, 2009, 05:12 PM
Maybe the rest of Nagoya it's really good. Not enough to win Shiten, but I'd bet to a 3-2, Nagoya winning both doubles

Doubles 1 "win", but I consider it as a lost, to one of the Top 3 Doubles Pair of Japan (I'm not going to discuss the order), so maybe they are better that Hitouji & Cia.(well, personally I'm sure almost everyone is better than Funny Pair, for me that Pair was really disappointing).

Singles 3 is another story, because Yagyyu's level in Singles isn´t compared to the level of Bunta and Jackal in Doubles. In any case, that guy hasn´t got the level to beat Chitose, Shiraishi and Kintaroh. The same for Krauser, he's very good but those 3 guys are too powerful for him.

Singles 1 guy lost to Super Sanada, maybe the third best player of Prince of Tennis (don´t want discussions again), with Rai included. We don´t anything of him, maybe is really good. And if we consider that in Singles 1 plays the best of each school, he should be really good. Again, I think Chitose, Kintaroh and Shiraishi are better, but only Konomi knows

Doubles 2 VS Gin, Zaizen or Kenya maybe could win too.

And for me, Hyotei is much better than Fudoumine. First of all, the best Single Player of Hyotei is better than best of Fudoumine, and the same for Doubles.

Atobe is better than Tachibana, I', really sorry for Kippei beacause it's a great character, but World of Ice is unstoppable. And Silver Pair has no rival, so 2 sure points to Hyotei. The usual would be that one of the other two Singles is for Hyotei (Oshitari, Kabaji or Jirou would win one match VS Ibu or Kamio).

The only option would be a 3-0 to Fudoumine with S3 Ibu VS Kabaji, D2 Cancer-Hiyoshi VS Kamio-Ishida, S2 Oshitari VS Tachibana. But the key is that Atobe would never have permitted that line-up (he even predicted Seigaku's)

Fayte
July 20, 2009, 11:07 PM
but World of Ice is unstoppable.

That is a pretty bold statement considering the fact it was defeated in the very match we see it in.

javimgol
July 21, 2009, 07:37 AM
That is a pretty bold statement considering the fact it was defeated in the very match we see it in.
Nooooo.Only Zone users can defeat it.Maybe In too, but we don´t know (please, not discuss it again). In any case, Tachibana doesn´t have a Zone or is Sanada.

Fayte
July 21, 2009, 09:20 AM
Nooooo.Only Zone users can defeat it.Maybe In too, but we don´t know (please, not discuss it again). In any case, Tachibana doesn´t have a Zone or is Sanada.

Yeah, but anything can happen in a tennis match. Especially PoT. Konomi can make anybody beat anybody, so the fact Atobe has WoI really means nothing. There is no way WoI can be compared with Rai, and Rai was defeated by Yukimura with ease. An attack means nothing when Konomi is behind everything. I believe Tachibana is one of the most solid players in PoT, along with Shiraishi.

Sherlock Holmes
July 21, 2009, 04:24 PM
Actually, in retrospect I think Sanada could beat World of Ice.

It would go like this:

-Atobe hits ball on his blind spot
-Sanada can't see the ball passing him, but he hears it bounce.
-When he hears it bounce, he uses Rai to return it.

Of course, that would mean that he would have to spam Rai so much his legs probably would go all Tezuka on him.

And as for who would win in Atobe vs Sanada, that would depend on the situation. If Atobe played the flashback card, then he woul win. If it was just a regular match, then Sanada.

But I think I'm getting offtopic.
Tachibana has no way to counter World of Ice, so Tachibana(as he is now) is weaker than Atobe. As he is now being the key words.

Hyotei>Fudomine for sure.
Shiten>Nagoya yes, but I think Krauser has got it in him to maybe beat Shiraishi. Just a hunch though, so I wouldn't put my money on him.

Fayte
July 21, 2009, 04:33 PM
Krauser was the only player who was decent on Nagoya. Hence why he was the only one invited.

As for Tachibana having no way of countering WoI, I know people who said Yukimura has no way of countering Rai. Me being one of them. Look how that ended up. I no longer judge players by "techniques" anymore. It is all about solid gameplay.

Sherlock Holmes
July 21, 2009, 04:42 PM
I always thought Yukimura could counter Rai. Because Yukimura has basically two techniques:
1)Being able to return EVERYTHING(remember, he even returned Echizen's Samurai drive, though he lost the point after that)
2)Giving people the yips

It's natural for the guy that returns everything to return Rai, at least for me.
Tachibana is not famous for doing that.

Fayte
July 21, 2009, 04:46 PM
To me it still doesn't make sense how Yukimura was even able to see the "Random movement" of Rai to be able to actually hit the ball in the first place, let alone with the short distance of the racquet butt. The only reason Tezuka was able to hit it was because of Tezuka Zone.

Sherlock Holmes
July 21, 2009, 05:08 PM
To me it still doesn't make sense how Yukimura was even able to see the "Random movement" of Rai to be able to actually hit the ball in the first place, let alone with the short distance of the racquet butt. The only reason Tezuka was able to hit it was because of Tezuka Zone.

To me, Rai doesn't make sense at all.

So we have to use POT LOGIC to understand how Yukimura can return Rai.

Rai=Teleportation and it strikes like lightning. It also does kung fu fighting.
Yukimura's defense=Can return absolutely anything. Explanations of how not always provided, but assume he is just that good.

Applying POT logic to that, it makes sense that Yukimura can return Rai.
But even with POT logic, Tachibana can't return World of Ice as he is now. If he comes up with a new technique, then yeah sure. But as of now, he can't.

Fayte
July 21, 2009, 05:24 PM
To me, Rai doesn't make sense at all.

So we have to use POT LOGIC to understand how Yukimura can return Rai.

Rai=Teleportation and it strikes like lightning. It also does kung fu fighting.
Yukimura's defense=Can return absolutely anything. Explanations of how not always provided, but assume he is just that good.

Applying POT logic to that, it makes sense that Yukimura can return Rai.
But even with POT logic, Tachibana can't return World of Ice as he is now. If he comes up with a new technique, then yeah sure. But as of now, he can't.

Yukimura can return anything but a shot in Sanada's PoD. :P

But even with PoT logic, it doesn't make sense. >_>; I wont accept "Just because" as an excuse to Yukimura returning something that has a random bounce. Yes, Sanada's shot itself didn't make any sense, however at least an absurd shot like that wasn't able to be returned. Now Konomi has broken all logical boundaries. I wouldn't be surprised of Akutsu came back with the ability to fly.

Sherlock Holmes
July 21, 2009, 05:44 PM
Yukimura can return anything but a shot in Sanada's PoD. :P

But even with PoT logic, it doesn't make sense. >_>; I wont accept "Just because" as an excuse to Yukimura returning something that has a random bounce. Yes, Sanada's shot itself didn't make any sense, however at least an absurd shot like that wasn't able to be returned. Now Konomi has broken all logical boundaries. I wouldn't be surprised of Akutsu came back with the ability to fly.

Damn you Fayte. I just imagined Akutsu dressed like Superman and flying around the court.
...And now I imagined Tezuka as Batman.

I called Konomi breaking his own rules back when Pot 2 was announced. I demand my psychic medal!

And as for Sanada's Pinnacle of Badassarey, we'll have to wait for it to be explained so we can understand how even Yuki couldn't return it.

Fayte
July 21, 2009, 05:54 PM
Sanada's shot has broken the broken logic... *nasal laugh*

Atobe the king
July 21, 2009, 09:56 PM
And as for Sanada's Pinnacle of Badassarey, we'll have to wait for it to be explained so we can understand how even Yuki couldn't return it.

I wouldn't say he couldn't return it...he WAS caught off guard..Sanada went from swinging madly to blowing big ass holes in fences...

The thing about Atobe is that he isn't even using his natural tools..he screws around by playing cat and mouse so to speak...i think his hyper agressive tennis would match up quite well with Tachibana..and following the description he can't really beat Koori no Sekkai

Tezuka managed to Whiff at Rai if I'm correct, besides Yukimura transcends PoT logic anyway. He probably read the path of the ball that's all i can think of. Even if the bounce is random his footwork is probably good enough to get it..he did return both halves of the ball when Ryoma hit the samurai drive with sheer speed. Given his counter puncher nature footwork is essential for him.

Fayte
July 22, 2009, 09:43 AM
Tezuka managed to Whiff at Rai

Tezuka swung and missed every time. The only time he hit it was when he used Tezuka zone, and it put a hole in his racquet.

TEZUKA couldn't get the random directions. TEZUKA! There is the proof that Yukimura is on another level than Tezuka.

DavenSodan
July 22, 2009, 09:57 AM
Yea, unless Tezuka shows something brilliant new in the next chapters Tezuka has to be <-Sanada who is clearly <- Yuki. Hm, I wonder how Yuki would counter the Zone... ?

Anyway, I think Shiten has the 3rd place as good as in their hands because Krauser is pretty much everthing Nagoja has. 5th place would go to Hyotei I think, only Tachibana and Shinji are able to put off a fight imo.

Bowser
July 22, 2009, 10:21 AM
We all know Yuki is probably on another level above Tezuka - but I wonder who won 3 years ago?

Slightly off topic, that Sasabe guy managed to actually hit Rai (or was it aimed purposely at the racket)! High Schoolers aren't that bad :D

Atobe the king
July 22, 2009, 10:22 AM
Tezuka swung and missed every time. The only time he hit it was when he used Tezuka zone, and it put a hole in his racquet.

TEZUKA couldn't get the random directions. TEZUKA! There is the proof that Yukimura is on another level than Tezuka.

Well this was Tezuka's first time seeing it...while Yukimura is Sanada's team mate and best friend.

Pre-Tenimuho Echizen obviously found some way around it...what method he used it unknown...but it's obvious he did.

We all know Yuki is probably on another level above Tezuka - but I wonder who won 3 years ago?[quote]

Well Sanada says "he beat me the runner up 6-0,6-1 and he's playing evenly with the champion yukimura" (I'm paraphrasing but you get the generally idea). I would say something really close like 7-5 or 7-6 in Yukimura's favor.

[quote]Slightly off topic, that Sasabe guy managed to actually hit Rai (or was it aimed purposely at the racket)! High Schoolers aren't that bad :D

Knowing Sanada and how direct he is I'm assuming he went for the racket.

Fayte
July 22, 2009, 01:48 PM
Knowing Sanada and how direct he is I'm assuming he went for the racket.

I agree with this. He was obviously enjoying himself in that moment.