PDA

View Full Version : Discussion Organising manga

ashketchum64
July 21, 2009, 03:23 AM
I'm about to go off to college and I own a TON of manga. I would love to take it all with me to my dorm room but I don't know if my current bookshelves will be able to fit.

Could someone please give me some advice on how to store a ton of manga in a small space while still keeping them on display? The cheapest way would be appreciated as well.

kewl0210
July 25, 2009, 11:39 PM
Some suggestions in order from most logical to most "going out of your way to do that".

1. Leave them at home.
2. Put them in a box.
3. Put them in a TRANSPARANT box.
4. Use a bookshelf or rack-type thing and put it on top of something with a flat top like a dresser.

Saint Markus
July 26, 2009, 12:22 AM
i personally donated my entire manga collection to my school library and now alot of people are getting into manga. i still have my "raw" editions and 30gbs of manga on my passport so i'm good.

could do that as an option. i personally once again, just did not need that many books with me anymore.

Drmke
July 26, 2009, 12:27 AM
Like kewl0210 said, I would just go with some cheap shelves to put them on if you're wanting to keep them all.

KuwabaraTheMan
August 02, 2009, 11:44 AM
I wouldn't recommend taking all of your manga with you. Space is precious in a dorm room, especially when you're sharing with someone else.

My advice would be to select a small amount of your manga that you really think you're going to want to have with you.

Bea Rabbit
August 28, 2009, 10:49 PM
I'm about to go off to college and I own a TON of manga. I would love to take it all with me to my dorm room but I don't know if my current bookshelves will be able to fit.

Could someone please give me some advice on how to store a ton of manga in a small space while still keeping them on display? The cheapest way would be appreciated as well.

well... you should pick what series are more important..
then do what kewl0210 said :cheerbunny

DelGrecco
August 31, 2009, 02:58 PM
My apologies if I should have posted this elsewhere, it seemed to be otaku in nature since it has to do with organizing one's collection and an otaku would likely have a sizable collection. What a dry explanation :)

I was curious to know if anyone has found a combination of software or technique to organize and catalog their scanlation collections? I know there are some online options and there's always the tried and true method of typing up a list. I guess I keep hoping someone will have found a utility like manga viewer, though for cataloging.

Thank you for your thoughts.

Merged with thread