PDA

View Full Version : Fairy Tail Vol. 18 (Chap. 144-152) Discussions

Pages : [1] 2 3

LoS
July 22, 2009, 05:01 PM
The latest chapter is out, the RTS page can be found HERE (http://mangahelpers.com/m/fairy-tail/chapters/144/)

So I decided to make this thread since some people decided to post in the 143 discussion thread, and to stop possible spoilers this thread is now in place.

hongoasdf
July 22, 2009, 06:21 PM
This thread being created, I now comment.

Looks like Angel is able to summon 2 spirits at once. I wonder if Silver Key Spirits require less energy. If so, maybe Lucy is capable of doing so, too.

Anyways, not much to this chapter without a translation. Angel sure can be ruthless, atacking her own spirits in order to attack her opponent. And Hibiki seems to be more useful than what he used to (And he used to seem quite useful, mind you). The thing I didn't get was if he uploaded that kick-ass magic into Lucy, or if he it was hers all along and he simply "awakaned" it.

After this chapter I changed my mind: Lucy will probably get Gemini, since they now know her past and her feelings... and knowing Mashima, that is enough for a character to like another

I don't believe Angel is out, though. We may see yet another chapter, since Angel didn't get serious at all. She was just toying around, and was surprised by Hibiki. Is she were serious, she would've had Gemini copy Natsu from the start.

Awaiting translation.

cleodux
July 22, 2009, 08:38 PM
ok i skip most of the dialog lol i can't stand reading manga in chinese raw >.<

Anyway i think Angel is done for yup only 1 chapter lol. But i believe this will be the hint Mashima gave us about Lucy. She can uses pretty damn powerful magic. Eventhough it was downloaded. But practically Lucy is the one who casts it. Hibiki gambled with it. I will guess Hibiki uploaded a stellar magic spell to Lucy, since Lucy is a stellar spirit mage, my chinese sucks.

I think we can see Gemini weakness, when they copy someone, they read the mind too lol. Before that Loki and Aries fights each other Karen attacks them both, made Lucy sad, skip skip, she asks Karen to let go Aries, she wants to save her like she saves Loki. Fast forward to Gemini unable to kill Lucy because they read Lucy mind lol. I guess sometime Spirit can oppose their master too huh?

Oh i hope Lucy can get Gemini and Aries keys :D don't know about Scorpio, i can see Gemini starts to like Lucy. And Aries even told Loki how fortunate of him to have a very good owner. So i think Aries will gladly switch side if Lucy can somehow obtain her key from Karen.

Destin82
July 22, 2009, 08:38 PM
This thread being created, I now comment.

Looks like Angel is able to summon 2 spirits at once. I wonder if Silver Key Spirits require less energy. If so, maybe Lucy is capable of doing so, too.

Anyways, not much to this chapter without a translation. Angel sure can be ruthless, atacking her own spirits in order to attack her opponent. And Hibiki seems to be more useful than what he used to (And he used to seem quite useful, mind you). The thing I didn't get was if he uploaded that kick-ass magic into Lucy, or if he it was hers all along and he simply "awakaned" it.

After this chapter I changed my mind: Lucy will probably get Gemini, since they now know her past and her feelings... and knowing Mashima, that is enough for a character to like another

I don't believe Angel is out, though. We may see yet another chapter, since Angel didn't get serious at all. She was just toying around, and was surprised by Hibiki. Is she were serious, she would've had Gemini copy Natsu from the start.

Awaiting translation.

Well I think Lucy is definitely able to summon two stellar spirits, I'm more curious as to what her ceiling is since she summoned all the spirits at her disposal that one time.

Also I think Hibiki didn't necessarily awaken or upload that power, but more or less tapped into a latent power of hers that she still wont be able to use for quite some time, but will eventually.

I think Angel is done for, Mashima doesn't let his arcs drag on too long and there's still 4 other Oration Seis members as well Jerard to deal with, as well as some resolution between Grey and Sherrie.

Gemini seems like one of the most powerful stellar spirits as well, curious to see if Lucy gets their key.

cleodux
July 22, 2009, 08:46 PM
ooohh ya i almost forgot about 145 prediction, it will be conclusion of Lucy vs Angel and a start of another fights. Maybe Ezra confronts Gerard.

Oh ya i think know we know what the ch144 title means, it is Lucy's beautiful inner voice that Gemini listened.

LoS
July 22, 2009, 09:27 PM
I think Angel is done for, Mashima doesn't let his arcs drag on too long and there's still 4 other Oration Seis members as well Jerard to deal with

Racer, Angel, and IMO Hoteye have been set up as the fodder characters of the OS guild.

Racer for obvious reasons, despite him displaying some seriously powerful attacks, one trick ponies with huge weaknesses and the first to go down are always fodder.

Hoteye has some serious magic, his destructive power is second to only Blaine so far, since we haven't seen Midnight's power yet. I really just can't see him posing some ultimate threat that Midnight, Blaine, and even Cobra do.

Harlett
July 22, 2009, 10:30 PM
I found the RAW here (http://pieayu.com/viewthread.php?tid=80332&extra=page%3D1) [The same... in chinese I guess... but Online]

The fight between Aries and Leo was so short... unexpected for me. And Angel was a... *beep* baaaaaaaaad master.
Gemini now sympathetic with Lucy rather than their owner cause they did not follow the order to kill Lucy ._.

mjohner1
July 22, 2009, 11:28 PM
lucy's new power uranometria is a star atlas that was originally published in 1603 in germany. as for chapter 145 clean up of this recent battle and shift back to Jura or to a new battle between oracion seis members.

Urtear
July 22, 2009, 11:35 PM
angel is a hoe!
how could she do that to aries :O

cleodux
July 22, 2009, 11:52 PM
lucy's new power uranometria is a star atlas that was originally published in 1603 in germany. as for chapter 145 clean up of this recent battle and shift back to Jura or to a new battle between oracion seis members.

Uwahh thats mean Uranometria spells is a no joke one. Angel was definitely out. I think Stellar Spirit mage can cast this kind of spells. Lucy has potential power up then.

Unlucky Boy
July 23, 2009, 12:01 AM
So Aries is a fighting spirit after all? I remember Loki saying to Karen she isnt...what is she fighting with? wool?

I wonder what spirit is that cannon/sword thing

I too think Angel is done for, It's obvious now that her spirits will join Lucy (Gemini and Aries at least, Scorpio will probably tag along recognizing Lucy's power and wanting to be under the same master as Aquarius. Maybe this will make Aquarius more fond of Lucy).

So stellar spirit mages got more than just spirits to fight with it seems... I dont read chinese so I only got Lucy saying "88" which is the number of constellations and the spell name "Uranometria" which is a star atlas as someone already stated, so this is without a doubt a stellar spirit spell.

kkck
July 23, 2009, 12:35 AM
I think lucy will get gemini in the short term. Scorpio could come later on... sort of like"Sup owner of Aquarius, mind keeping my key?"

Destin82
July 23, 2009, 01:50 AM
what is she fighting with? wool?

That made me lol.

justf0rnow
July 23, 2009, 02:46 AM
Anyway i think Angel is done for yup only 1 chapter lol. But i believe this will be the hint Mashima gave us about Lucy. She can uses pretty damn powerful magic. Eventhough it was downloaded. But practically Lucy is the one who casts it. Hibiki gambled with it. I will guess Hibiki uploaded a stellar magic spell to Lucy, since Lucy is a stellar spirit mage, my chinese sucks.

so it was stellar magic after all ? for 1 sec, i though lucy is a holy/space dragon slayer & hibiki knows that and try to use it
just like RAVE, the mermaid girl use Elie's aetherion magic
as for aries, maybe shes not a fighting type after all, coz i think she's using smokes or sheep's fur to fight =P
cant wait for a full translation XD

cleodux
July 23, 2009, 03:09 AM
Yeah based on the name of the spell, it should be considered stellar spell.

OH after i read again, the first pic look epic. Battle of two friends under different master, Hibiki's hair, Natsu k.o body on the raft, i mean the raft not even moving >.<

And Aries looks like a fighter type. Either wool lol or is some subtance like smoke?

Aikidoka
July 23, 2009, 03:34 AM
Now that we've seen some of Angel's battle skills, which of the two OS's who have fought so far do you think is better/cooler/stronger?

Racer or Angel?

justf0rnow
July 23, 2009, 05:17 AM
i vote angel XD
shes a biyatch though, but pretty cool when she used 2 keys at the same time
and i love the way she summon spirits (1st impression on Scorpio)

Baka_Sousui
July 23, 2009, 08:26 AM
hmm.... almost thought it was fusion magic for a sec there

kkck
July 23, 2009, 10:18 AM
I want at least the translation to be out.....

I wonder how hibiki will be affected in the long run by seeing karen's spirits end up with lucy... They probably were friends, so he probably recents loki a little. I wonder what spirits will lucy get out of this fight..... There are three candidates so far.... I hope she gets gemini and eventually scorpio. I also hope scorpio has a flamethrower, it would be the perfect support for natsu....

Unlucky Boy
July 23, 2009, 11:29 AM
The french translation is out... From what I understand Angel says she killed Karen and thats why she got her keys. Karen was Hibiki's love and he's trying to close his mind so he wont be affected by nirvana.
I dont quite understand what he downloaded into Lucy's head in the end. She says she's seeing calculations that missure up the stars, then she opens a door to something and Angel goes boom...
better wait for the english translation, my french sucks =p

Next chapter is "Memories of Gerard"
sounds cool

Harlett
July 23, 2009, 03:03 PM
From what I understand Angel says she killed Karen and thats why she got her keys.

Assumed=D

And Aries looks like a fighter type.

But Leo said that she wasn't... So?
Aries was very determined to fight against him .___.U

shouryuujo
July 23, 2009, 03:30 PM
if Angel is dead doesnt that mean Lucy can take her keys - gemini, ares,scorpio? If that's the case Lucy only need Libra,Capricorn, Pisces and Cancer to finish her set right? Also, i want to see the other guild members in this arc to fight toe to toe instead of being fodders.

Harlett
July 23, 2009, 03:43 PM
if Angel is dead doesnt that mean Lucy can take her keys - gemini, ares,scorpio?

I don't think Angel is already dead >___>U

punsen
July 23, 2009, 03:49 PM
So Wendy is 12 years old. So the age mystery of Natsu and Gazille is not part of their Dragon Slayer magic !?

Newkerzy
July 23, 2009, 04:59 PM
I'm really starting to believe Lucy does ha ve a special latent power inside her...... & I'm starting to believe she might be an aether dragon slayer....

GrayxLucy24/7
July 23, 2009, 05:07 PM
WoW! I used to feel sorry for Lucy (although she was my fave) because she was in the "strongest team" in Fairy Tail because she really wasn't that strong, but now I'm soooo happy 'cause she is KICK-ASS now!! LoL
Before the chap came out I thought she was going to summon Plue and he would do something crazy and unexpected! LoL
Now that Angel is dead/disposed of I think Lucy will def. get Gemini, and will get Scorpio sometime later... idk
[hr]

Now that we've seen some of Angel's battle skills, which of the two OS's who have fought so far do you think is better/cooler/stronger?

Racer or Angel?

Angel Biatch! LoL She could've just brout out Gemini to transform into him and summoned another stellar spirit and kick his ass! :eyeroll

ju gatsu mikka
July 23, 2009, 06:14 PM
if Angel is dead doesnt that mean Lucy can take her keys - gemini, ares,scorpio?

I don't think Angel is already dead >___>U

Well, even so, she can take all her keys like she did when she took Virgo. And isn't it better to call Scorpio Sorpius, for all the previous zadiac stellars spirits, they are named following the latin name of the constellation.

If that's the case Lucy only need Libra,Capricorn, Pisces and Cancer to finish her set right?

She already have Cancer : presently, she has Taurus (2nd), Cancer (4th), Leo (5th), Virgo (6th), Sagittarius (10th) and Aquarius (12th)

With the keys of Angel, she will have : Aries (1st), Gemini (3rd) and Scorpius (8th) (so she will have 9 of them)

She doesn't have : Libra (7th), Capricornus (11th), Pisces (13th) and eventually Ophiuchus (9th) (if the zodiac keys are based on celest zodiacal signs and this is probably right because there is all the constellations and not only the zodiac, then it will exist. If the are base on divination zodiacal signs it doesn't.)

justf0rnow
July 23, 2009, 06:15 PM
http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/144/04/ on the 1st panel from the left, it looks like Loki got a lil fat =P

Lillimarie
July 23, 2009, 06:19 PM
if Angel is dead doesnt that mean Lucy can take her keys - gemini, ares,scorpio? If that's the case Lucy only need Libra,Capricorn, Pisces and Cancer to finish her set right? Also, i want to see the other guild members in this arc to fight toe to toe instead of being fodders.

She already has Cancer, Hehe. He was introduced in the Lucy vs The Duke of Everloo Chapter. :P
Too whoever was wondering what that silver key summon Angel used was; the laser/sword thing, that was Caelum. She says:

Open... Gate of the Chisel! Caelum!
I didnt realise there were silver keys for attacking.. >< That means if Lucy got her hands on some of those she could be really strong :S
I think now that Hibiki put that spell into Lucy, she might be able to use it later when shes in a pinch :d Btw the chap is up in english on one manga

Organizized
July 23, 2009, 07:33 PM
Awwwww yeah, the bitch is down! She's probably gonna stay down as well. This length is pretty common for Fairy Tail fights and I don't see another, bigger, climax coming up after that kickass spell (about time we saw one of those from Lucy).

I have to say, though, as much as Angel pisses me off she is 1000 times cooler than the Racer dork. He's a running candidate for worst character in a good manga. :p

exacta
July 23, 2009, 07:47 PM
I guess Oracion Seis is just fodder.....well, so far anyway. Pity, I kinda liked Angel....

Shimon
July 23, 2009, 07:49 PM

That's true she will have all twelve golden keys except, she already has Cancer the Crab she still needs Libra, Capricorn, and Pisces.

Also, now that I think about it I think that all the Dragons disappearing might have something to do with the Stellar Spirit World and Lucy's Mom because she died(or disappeared) in the year 777 and plus when Natsu traveled through the spirit world with Virgo Lucy was amazed to see him still alive.

But bottom line amazing chapter I think that Lucy and Natsu are more linked together then they know and I can't wait to see the rest of the battles in the upcoming chapters :)

sindergi
July 23, 2009, 07:51 PM
Awesome chapter - apparently is Lucy really the greatest Stellar-mage...i really like her char.

cleodux
July 23, 2009, 09:23 PM
Hoo hoo hooo next chapter will be about Gerard <3 i bet his flash back. Kinda hoping GerardxEzra moments.

I think Angel still alive. Mashima only kills a character in a glorious way (character died with a purposes, not died in fighting well except Lucia but that is diff case) in Rave, and so far if i am not mistaken no characters has died yet in FT. Question is how Lucy will obtain the 3 keys from Angel. Is it possible that Angel violated the Master-Servant rules by atacking her own spirit?

I agreed with Shimon. Natsu and Lucy are connected (just like Haru and Elie teehee *insert fangirl squee here*) it just that we will not seeing anything happening soon.

Harlett
July 23, 2009, 10:00 PM
Lucy still has much potential.

Lucy still lacks experience but she has a strong will and faith/love in their stellar spirits, which is the difference among others mages
That is why Gemini refused follow the order to kill her [It also implies that the stellar spirits can break or force to break their contracts with their owners [As Leo attempted to do with his last owner that time]

LoS
July 23, 2009, 10:13 PM
Lucy still has much potential.

This just make me wonder how strong the ultimate stellar spirit enemy will be. Lucy will have over 2/3 of the Zodiac spirits so what could the ultimate stellar spirit mage do to show how strong they are?

GrayxLucy24/7
July 23, 2009, 10:31 PM
This just make me wonder how strong the ultimate stellar spirit enemy will be. Lucy will have over 2/3 of the Zodiac spirits so what could the ultimate stellar spirit mage do to show how strong they are?
:blink Well they... might have some kind of ultimate constellation keys or something idk :sweat

mjohner1
July 24, 2009, 12:48 AM
talking about dragon magic there is a dragon constellation called draco . so im thinking there are more keys out there then just the greek zodiac. this could lead to more encounters with spirit mages or make the series longer cough.

Unlucky Boy
July 24, 2009, 12:57 AM
So Wendy is maybe somewhat different than Natsu and Gazeel, her age is known unlike those 2.
I wonder if Mashima didnt want to show their ages just because of the coming Fantasia arc, so the ages might have nothing to do with the barrier after all. I always liked better the idea that they might be statues...

I'm surprised Hibiki loved Karen. He's ranked on the top list of "mage you want as your boyfriend" in sorcerer magazine and he fell in love with that harem bitch?

Caelum, the chisel spirit, to be able to annihilate 2 stellar spirits of the eclipitc zodiak in 1 shot is so cheap... and it's a silver key... how can it be so powerful?
I wonder if Lucy will get this key as well. Imagine Loki figting with it, or Lucy helping her spirits fight using it instead of her whip...crazy!

In one of the memories Gemini hears Lucy says "Mama I love stellar spirits". I think that proves her mother was a summoner too and she inherited her first keys from her.

Cant Hibiki upload such a top-level spell into the minds of the entire alliance? The OS will be done in no time.

Now I dont think Lucy will get Angel's keys right away cause it doesnt seem that she's dead. Maybe at the end of this arc the still living OS members will be taken to prison by the magic counsil or rune knights and then Angel's contracts will be broken like what happened with Evaroo.
Then it depends on the spirits if they want Lucy to be their next master (probably yes).

Angel was the best villain so far!

NNGirl
July 24, 2009, 01:18 AM
Well, even so, she can take all her keys like she did when she took Virgo. And isn't it better to call Scorpio Sorpius, for all the previous zadiac stellars spirits, they are named following the latin name of the constellation.

She already have Cancer : presently, she has Taurus (2nd), Cancer (4th), Leo (5th), Virgo (6th), Sagittarius (10th) and Aquarius (12th)

With the keys of Angel, she will have : Aries (1st), Gemini (3rd) and Scorpius (8th) (so she will have 9 of them)

She doesn't have : Libra (7th), Capricornus (11th), Pisces (13th) and eventually Ophiuchus (9th) (if the zodiac keys are based on celest zodiacal signs and this is probably right because there is all the constellations and not only the zodiac, then it will exist. If the are base on divination zodiacal signs it doesn't.)

Ophicus should exist, because she says that there is akey for each constelation, and Lucy too counts 88 constellations.

but i'm more interested in the dragon key

OP ROX
July 24, 2009, 01:34 AM
justtt finished catching up on fairy tale i started this fridayy just finished right noww .... its a reallllyyy coool manga... the latest chapter seeemed pretty cool, but how does the steller keys work, is there only 1 key for all the 12 zodiac spirits or are there a bunch of different ones :S

mjohner1
July 24, 2009, 01:39 AM
the keys represent constellations in the sky so there are 88 keys in total. 12 golden keys represent the greek zodiac. so basically there are a lot of keys left to clame. this leaves the story open for more adventures and keeping the manga alive for a long time. plus she will be getting a dragon key since there is a dragon constellation named draco.

OP ROX
July 24, 2009, 01:43 AM
I guess Oracion Seis is just fodder.....well, so far anyway. Pity, I kinda liked Angel....

the whole balam alliance seems not so strong anymore if 1/3 off it is going down this fast, i think the only badass dark guild will be Raven tail

kkck
July 24, 2009, 03:57 AM
Come on, oracion 6 members are not fodder. Currently the light alliance has taken out two oracion 6, that's true but people should remember what exactly it has required. The light alliance is a group of the 12 strongest mages the light side could gather. Not only they are top quality mages but they essentially outnumber the oracion 6.

As for the overall chapter, I thought it was outright epic. Interesting how stellar spirits take so much pride in serving someone. can't help but wonder why exactly they do that though. I also wonder why exactly aquarius acts the way she does. How can she even get away with it?

I also think lucy will be getting quite some spoils of war which in a way is kinda ironic. If lucy really defeated angel, I really can't imagine her allowing angel to retain any of her spirits....

Unlucky Boy
July 24, 2009, 04:47 AM
hmm Angel didnt say anything about her prayer before she got defeated... maybe its not the last we hear from her...

Lillimarie
July 24, 2009, 10:58 AM
the keys represent constellations in the sky so there are 88 keys in total. 12 golden keys represent the greek zodiac. so basically there are a lot of keys left to clame. this leaves the story open for more adventures and keeping the manga alive for a long time. plus she will be getting a dragon key since there is a dragon constellation named draco.

I highly doubt Mashima is going to take the type to create identities for all 88 constelations, but I'm sure we might see a few more silver keys. I think the constellation "Scutum the Shield" would be pretty cool to see. Alot of them are all just animals, or random things like "poop deck of a boat" Lol. You arn't positive she'll be getting a dragon key.. xD

mjohner1
July 24, 2009, 11:37 AM
then why mention 88 in the spell and the star atlas. i'm thinking he will do them since most of the constellations are based on greek myths. draco was a powerful dragon that was defeated by hercules in myths. i would love to see them all but it will make the story longer if he does add them in.

kkck
July 24, 2009, 12:53 PM
What I liked the most about this stellar spirit fight is that angels triumph card was not an actual golden key spirit but a silver key(granted it was used by gemini though). It just shows that just having strong spirits is not enough to make a stellar spirit mage, it also requires the magic to back them up. Seriously, there would be very little to stellar spirit mages if the only way to be strong was to have the golden keys....

The only problem that I would see with the Chinise zodiac appearing in the manga is that the animals they use are not based on constelations.... That probably is not a big deal though. Also, I wonder how strong draco would be.... He can't really be ultra powerful if he is just a silver key.... Stellar spirit mages really need some development IMHO lol.

I wonder what angels prayer was... I just can't see a real theme behind her, her only notable characteristic was her cruelty.... I guess there will be a little more to her.
[hr]
Just to add to the topic of the stellar spirits:

Here is a list of the modern 88 constelations(ahhhh the wonders of wikipedia).... I took the time to bold the ones I think would make an interesting character:

Andromeda(nice memento from saint seiya lol)
· Antlia
· Apus
· Aquarius
· Aquila
· Ara
· Aries
· Auriga
· Boötes
· Caelum
· Camelopardalis
· Cancer
· Canes Venatici
· Canis Major I get the feeling he is bound to look like this:http://www.onemanga.com/Rave/38/11/
· Canis Minor
· Capricornus
· Carina
· Cassiopeia
· Centaurus
· Cepheus
· Cetus
· Chamaeleon(a must have for lucy the cosplay maniac)
· Circinus
· Columba
· Coma Berenices
· Corona Australis
· Corona Borealis
· Corvus
· Crater
· Crux
· Cygnus
· Delphinus
· Dorado
· Draco
· Equuleus
· Eridanus
· Fornax
· Gemini
· Grus
· Hercules
· Horologium
· Hydra
· Hydrus
· Indus
· Lacerta
· Leo
· Leo Minor(bound to be interesting)
· Lepus
· Libra
· Lupus
· Lynx
· Lyra
· Mensa
· Microscopium
· Monoceros
· Musca
· Norma
· Octans
· Ophiuchus
· Orion(kinda big constelations even if not from the main 12)
· Pavo
· Pegasus
· Perseus
· Phoenix
· Pictor
· Pisces
· Piscis Austrinus
· Puppis
· Pyxis
· Reticulum
· Sagitta Just an arrow but I get the feeling it would be a nice pairing with Sagittarius.
· Sagittarius
· Scorpius
· Sculptor
· Scutum
· Serpens
· Sextans
· Taurus
· Telescopium
· Triangulum
· Triangulum Australe
· Tucana
· Ursa Major
· Ursa Minor
· Vela
· Virgo
· Volans
· Vulpecula

Unlucky Boy
July 24, 2009, 01:18 PM
then why mention 88 in the spell and the star atlas. i'm thinking he will do them since most of the constellations are based on greek myths. draco was a powerful dragon that was defeated by hercules in myths. i would love to see them all but it will make the story longer if he does add them in.

This is not pokemon... I cant believe we'll get to see all 88, knowing the most powerfull spirits are from the ecliptic zodiak and we've already seen 3/4 of them and just about 5 silver keys...
If Mashima's interest was to show all of the spirits, their appearance would had been more gradual than this.

I also dont think Draco is one of the dragons of the main story, someone must constantly summon him and he should had been more than a silver key if he was.
He may show up in the future but if so in my opinion he'll be something like that little dragon from Mulan.

Harlett
July 24, 2009, 09:48 PM
I'm surprised Hibiki loved Karen. He's ranked on the top list of "mage you want as your boyfriend" in sorcerer magazine and he fell in love with that harem bitch?

And it seems that he loved her a lot lol

In one of the memories Gemini hears Lucy says "Mama I love stellar spirits". I think that proves her mother was a summoner too and she inherited her first keys from her.

Adding the fact that the death of her mother was by the time the dragons disappeared.
Coincidence? [that sound like TRC ¬¬u]

What I liked the most about this stellar spirit fight is that angels triumph card was not an actual golden key spirit but a silver key

I think that her truly triumph card was not using two keys at the same time if not was using her stellar spirits like trash without respect them.
No one expected that she did that against her own key, right?

Angel was the best villain so far!

Of course. She was a bitch.

· Pegasus
· Phoenix

They sound interesting, too.

Baka_Sousui
July 24, 2009, 10:03 PM
Adding the fact that the death of her mother was by the time the dragons disappeared.
Coincidence? [that sound like TRC ¬¬u]

So are we saying the dragons are different forms of "Dracos" Summoned by Lucy's Mother from a bunch of silver Draco Keys? (Since Silver keys aren't as rare Gold Keys)

justf0rnow
July 25, 2009, 02:47 AM
So are we saying the dragons are different forms of "Dracos" Summoned by Lucy's Mother from a bunch of silver Draco Keys? (Since Silver keys aren't as rare Gold Keys)

perhaps, Draco is a ancient/forbidden black key ?

Ero-Sanji
July 25, 2009, 12:04 PM
Interesting chapter, Very Interesting!

Okey I've come up with a interesting theory supporting Lucy and ae/etherion connection.

Let's first start with Lucy's mom.

Well, we all know that she "died" the same year as the dragons disappeared.
So in my theory she's also a dragon or someone close to them but with a slightly different type of magic and since she taught Lucy her magic, Lucy is a dragonslayer or something similar.

Now you might say; "Why doesn't she look like a dragon then?"

Well that's a tricky question but with two answers for now.

1. Grandine looked more like a fairy than a dragon so why can't her mom look like a human...
2. In Mashimas previous work there were a certain Dragon race with human appearances. Perhaps Lucy's mom is one of them.

Another thing that made me think about this is Hibiki's magic.
Yeah Archive... Just think about the word....

Done?

Okey, Archive = Collection of historical records.
So what I'm trying to say is that he unlocked either Lucy's moms magic or her own and if they were her own then that would strengthen the idea of the Dragonslayers being older than they think...

So in other words Lucy might be the Dragonslayer of Space or stars or Ae/etherion!!!

Then if she's the DS of Space/etc then what does she eat??

Answer: Well, if I'm correct she doesn't have to eat anything cause her trainer wasn't a typical Dragon. That would also explain why Wendy only needs to breath and why her magic is different since Grandine is a fairy dragon her magic changes.

Lucy however gains her boost from the bonds that she shares with her Stellar spirits, the bonds with the stars...

Now there is one big flaw in my theory and that's her dad...
Yeah because he didn't adopt her which breaks the idea of her being over 80.

http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/130/13/

But after reading this it changed my mind a bit.
The fact that he talks about Layla being pregnant doesn't necessarily mean that it's his baby maybe her mother used an ancient magic. I know it's far fetched but hey it's fun.

I also heard somewhere that she was named after the Beatles song "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds" Another hint for her being closely related with Space...

Lillimarie
July 25, 2009, 04:49 PM
Interesting chapter, Very Interesting!

Okey I've come up with a interesting theory supporting Lucy and ae/etherion connection.

Let's first start with Lucy's mom.

Well, we all know that she "died" the same year as the dragons disappeared.
So in my theory she's also a dragon or someone close to them but with a slightly different type of magic and since she taught Lucy her magic, Lucy is a dragonslayer or something similar.

Now you might say; "Why doesn't she look like a dragon then?"

Well that's a tricky question but with two answers for now.

1. Grandine looked more like a fairy than a dragon so why can't her mom look like a human...
2. In Mashimas previous work there were a certain Dragon race with human appearances. Perhaps Lucy's mom is one of them.

Another thing that made me think about this is Hibiki's magic.
Yeah Archive... Just think about the word....

Done?

Okey, Archive = Collection of historical records.
So what I'm trying to say is that he unlocked either Lucy's moms magic or her own and if they were her own then that would strengthen the idea of the Dragonslayers being older than they think...

So in other words Lucy might be the Dragonslayer of Space or stars or Ae/etherion!!!

Then if she's the DS of Space/etc then what does she eat??

Answer: Well, if I'm correct she doesn't have to eat anything cause her trainer wasn't a typical Dragon. That would also explain why Wendy only needs to breath and why her magic is different since Grandine is a fairy dragon her magic changes.

Lucy however gains her boost from the bonds that she shares with her Stellar spirits, the bonds with the stars...

Now there is one big flaw in my theory and that's her dad...
Yeah because he didn't adopt her which breaks the idea of her being over 80.

http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/130/13/

But after reading this it changed my mind a bit.
The fact that he talks about Layla being pregnant doesn't necessarily mean that it's his baby maybe her mother used an ancient magic. I know it's far fetched but hey it's fun.

I also heard somewhere that she was named after the Beatles song "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds" Another hint for her being closely related with Space...

I dont understand why you think Lucy is connected to aetherion. Where does it say her mom died the same year? And its not like the dragon slayers dragons were their real parents anyway, you say "Why doesnt she look like a dragon?" They were adoptive parents anyway. I do think Hibiki unlocked some power within Lucy. But i dont think her mom had anything to do with dragon slayers... Just maybe a great celestial spirit wizard as well. Wendy's trainer was the typical dragon. The Dragon of Sky. Thats why she has to eat Air. Your hypothesis(s) are so very flawed.. >< And lol about the Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds...

kkck
July 25, 2009, 05:17 PM
perhaps, Draco is a ancient/forbidden black key ?

Only silver and golden keys have been introduced... I doubt constellations lesser to the traditional zodiac ones will get special treatments lol. It would make for an interesting twist though.
[hr]

I dont understand why you think Lucy is connected to aetherion. Where does it say her mom died the same year? And its not like the dragon slayers dragons were their real parents anyway, you say "Why doesnt she look like a dragon?" They were adoptive parents anyway. I do think Hibiki unlocked some power within Lucy. But i dont think her mom had anything to do with dragon slayers... Just maybe a great celestial spirit wizard as well. Wendy's trainer was the typical dragon. The Dragon of Sky. Thats why she has to eat Air. Your hypothesis(s) are so very flawed.. >< And lol about the Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds...

http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/68/16/

Here it is stated her mom died in the same years the dragons disappeared. While I do disagree with most of his theories, I do believe there is a deep connection between lucy's mom and the DS and dragons.

NNGirl
July 25, 2009, 10:32 PM
Only silver and golden keys have been introduced... I doubt constellations lesser to the traditional zodiac ones will get special treatments lol. It would make for an interesting twist though.

in the begining of the series (chap 1) Natsu ask about the dragons and Lucy says that there is a dragon constellation, and a dragon key, so i think that if there is going to be some development around the story of the dragons the dragon stellar spirit should play some role in it.
and I agree that there is a connection between Lucy's mom and the dragons dissaperance

Ero-Sanji
July 26, 2009, 02:32 AM

Does this look like a typical dragon to you??

http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/101/08/

It's a glowing ball! Haha...

So, a thought of mine is that since Grandine looks more lika a fairy than a dragon her magic is different(Supplementary then offensive) and that Wendy only needs to breath is also something different.

And remember i also said that she could be something similar to the dragons, someone connected to the old world the world of Zeref and the dragon.

kkck
July 26, 2009, 03:11 AM
http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/144/01/
I think this chapter provides good insight on wendy's purpose as a dragon slayer. Initially I found it weird that wendy, someone who cannot fight, could be called a DS but that changed when I read the link above. In the link, it is mentioned how wendy can healed any injury, even those caused by dragons. This means that wendy's purpose as a dragon slayer is to support other dragon slayers when fighting dragons. She basically allows the DS to continue fighting.

Baka_Sousui
July 26, 2009, 05:11 AM
Could it possibly mean Zeref has some sort of powerful Dragon or is himself a powerful dragon?
The main story seems to revolve around the return of the dark mage Zeref and a bunch of Dragon Slayers taught by Dragons the magic to defeat a Dragon. In addition stellar spirits also seem to have a big role.

Zeref has a Draco Key!!!

Natsu Dragonil
July 26, 2009, 06:44 AM
Is it just me or why does Wendy konow how old she is and Natsu and Gazille not.I thought til now that most Dragonslayers dont know how old they are.But if Wendy is twelve then that means that Natsu is really around 17 or 18 years old but why couldnt he and Gazille pass through Frieds barrier.

Unlucky Boy
July 26, 2009, 06:56 AM
Is it just me or why does Wendy konow how old she is and Natsu and Gazille not.I thought til now that most Dragonslayers dont know how old they are.But if Wendy is twelve then that means that Natsu is really around 17 or 18 years old but why couldnt he and Gazille pass through Frieds barrier.

I believe they know their ages. IMO Mashima didnt want us to know it before the Fantasia arc so we wouldnt know if they couldnt pass the barrier due to their age or not.
Now knowing that Wendy is 12 I presume the DS are statues... (or there's a statue hidden inside of their body maybe).

Another possibilty is that Wendy is somewhat different than Natsu and Gazeel.

Farfalla
July 26, 2009, 07:33 AM
I believe Ophiuchus will be a silver key, although it belongs to the ecliptic zodiac.
I also believe Lucy's mom was a dragon slayer. Maybe that's why Lucy's father hates magic. I don't think she was a dragon because of chapter 01. When Natsu is looking for Igneel, someone says that that mage who is pretending to be Salamander doesn't look like a dragon, then ask how Natsu could get confused. Mashima made me think that dragons shouldn't look like humans, or shouldn't have human form, that that was just another... crazy Natsu's thought XD

Besides Crux, Mashima is using unfamiliar constellations. I think that's very cool! You can't predict which one will be the next key to appear and you get to know our galaxy better.

This chapter was disappointing for me... Lucy was out of magic power. I understand that Hibiki sent her data about a new spell, teaching her how to use it. But if Hibiki only transfer data, I don't know from where she could get that magic power needed to unleash such great spell... That, for me, was lame...

heartangel
July 26, 2009, 10:44 AM
i think jereal or( geread) might turn out to b a good guy... or else the alliance mages wil be kick-ass ed by OS
[hr]

gd point u hv made, i hope the mashi would explain abt that y both natsu and gazile can't get past the barrier...>< may b the barrier malfunction lol:facepalm
[hr]
so my qns is ...will lucy get gemini as her new sprit? that would make her quite strong...hmm...we'd better w8 n see

Spectrum
July 26, 2009, 12:12 PM
This chapter was disappointing for me... Lucy was out of magic power. I understand that Hibiki sent her data about a new spell, teaching her how to use it. But if Hibiki only transfer data, I don't know from where she could get that magic power needed to unleash such great spell... That, for me, was lame...

I read this chapter and I think the same thing. Hibiki download data for Lucy is ok, but Lucy can use this great power without magic power was a big disappointment ;/

Natsu Dragonil
July 26, 2009, 01:12 PM
For me this chapter was a disappointing.I mean Lucy seems to become the Elli of Fairy Tail.
To be able to use such an incredible spell without any magic power left is pure main character plot kai.

How long is natsu lieing there i mean in a fight u can kill him and he will always keep coming back and now he is unconscoius for a few minutes.

kkck
July 26, 2009, 02:07 PM
I believe Ophiuchus will be a silver key, although it belongs to the ecliptic zodiac.

Besides Crux, Mashima is using unfamiliar constellations. I think that's very cool! You can't predict which one will be the next key to appear and you get to know our galaxy better.

It depends, in astrology Ophiuchus is not a part of the zodiac but in astronomy is is considered a part of it. I also think it will most likely be a silver key but mashima could still do something weird with that key...
[hr]
I just noticed something interesting. Could it be that master hades is also master jose from PG.
http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/131/10/
http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/49/16/

The noses and overall face structure are remarkably similar.

Farfalla
July 26, 2009, 03:03 PM
When I said "ecliptic zodiac", I was using a term that Mashima used, but I was also mentioning astronomy^^'
And I dont know XD Master Hades doesn't wear lipstick XD But he does remind Master Jose.

Unlucky Boy
July 26, 2009, 03:33 PM
Hmm Hades doesnt have that long chin. I really hope Jose wont be back, I really hated him.

About Ophiuchus, he's either a silver key or a secret 13rd golden key, as Lucy said several times that there are only 12 golden keys.

Thinking about it, Cobra may be Ophiuchus... lol =p

kkck
July 26, 2009, 04:29 PM
^Hope not, two stellar spirit mages within the oracion 6 would be kinda lame IMO.

I really hope lucy gets all of angels keys... I can't wait for her to summon scorpio while he is in the middle of a date with aquarius lol...

Spectrum
July 26, 2009, 05:38 PM
Master Jose was cool, but I don't think he can back... If he were Gerard at least, he could back like another character with same face lol

Harlett
July 26, 2009, 05:59 PM
Now knowing that Wendy is 12 I presume the DS are statues... (or there's a statue hidden inside of their body maybe).

Maybe is not their age if not the magic that they use.
I guess it's the old magic that it's around them... something like it...

Ugh... I'm now confused...

bittman
July 26, 2009, 08:51 PM
I just noticed something interesting. Could it be that master hades is also master jose from PG.
http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/131/10/
http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/49/16/

The noses and overall face structure are remarkably similar.

Knowing Mashima's love of bringing back characters, yes I would believe it is, hence the shadowed face. I always felt we never saw his full power anyway...

Also, I don't think Lucy will be getting the keys. The only ways a Stellar Spirit can change hands is:
a) Contract is broken: unlikely, Angel didn't do anything new here except get defeated.
b) Mage is killed: unlikely that Lucy would do this, even Hibiki wouldn't do it probably.

So, I don't think Lucy will be getting these spirits, which I'm thankful for. Her first possibly recurring antagonist, give Lucy a hand *smattering of applause*.

kkck
July 26, 2009, 08:59 PM
That depends on exactly what needs to happen for a contract to be broken. The duke of evorado from the begining of the manga, he lost virgo for apparently no reason.

Harlett
July 26, 2009, 09:55 PM
But the stellar spirits may force their owners to break their contract or at least try

Spectrum
July 26, 2009, 10:03 PM
I think Lucy will be getting the keys, she defeated Angel... Angel was defeated so the spirits can be transfered for another mage.

bittman
July 26, 2009, 10:04 PM
@kkck: His contract was broken as he was arrested. I'm unclear whether this was a forced break by the authorities to stop him from using magic or a part of the contract itself.

@Harlett: Like what Loki did to Karen? Somehow I would rate Angel's magical power above any/all of her summons and quite possibly able to force return on them. Angel does not seem the type that is easily swayed by emotion either.

@Spectrum: Not the case, Lucy mentioned it was so when Happy gave her Virgo and somewhat when talking about how Loki "killed" Karen. Besides, if it was just defeat Lucy would need to be undefeated in all her battles or something...

Spectrum
July 26, 2009, 10:06 PM
But the stellar spirits may force their owners to break their contract or at least try

Well... Loki did it and he was banned of his dimension XD

kkck
July 27, 2009, 01:15 AM
@kkck: His contract was broken as he was arrested. I'm unclear whether this was a forced break by the authorities to stop him from using magic or a part of the contract itself.

I did not mean to say the exact same thing was going to happen, I simply meant that there could be something in angels contracts which would be beneficial to lucy.

lilbro666
July 27, 2009, 01:47 PM
That depends on exactly what needs to happen for a contract to be broken. The duke of evorado from the begining of the manga, he lost virgo for apparently no reason.

http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/17/11/

ew,, evaroo's contract broken due to natsu, eh?

Katea
July 27, 2009, 04:00 PM
Well I wonder how long Natsu's going to lay there... I understand that he's feeling reaaaally bad but can't they, meaning Lucy or Hibiki, just kick him off of that platform 'vehicle'?! I bet he'd be OK as soon as he got ground under his feet.
On another sidenote, Angel doesn't look like she'll get up again.. so perhaps the next chapter will deal with another OS?

kkck
July 27, 2009, 06:28 PM
We have ye to hear angels prayer and final rant so I doubt we have seen the last of her. She seems to have quite a bit of magic so she should still be able to keep fighting.

True but if natsu gets removed from the platform he would just kick the crap out of angel so for plot reasons no one thought about it.
[hr]
BTW, is the chapter going to be late this week?

Harlett
July 27, 2009, 07:59 PM
BTW, is the chapter going to be late this week?

Ju-da-su had come before to mention us who upload the chapters [Heiji-sama] would not do it for a while ... or I understood that.

...looks like Heiji won't be providing the raw for a while, I think...and Rena did mention that her shipment will be late this week. Hope that answer why there's still no raw out... .__."

kaizoku king
July 27, 2009, 10:16 PM
man i dont think lucy was out of magical power angel was just underestimating her and i guess she was in a lot of shock after seeing what angel did to those stellar spirits plus isnt it like every shounen manga for the hero to get very weak then at the last minute bring out amazing power and strength.

LoS
July 28, 2009, 01:17 AM
No Lucy had overstepped her bounds and suffered a sickness due to it, sort of like a withdrawal/overdose. Angel being a highly skilled Stellar Spirit Mage would definitely be able to notice the signs of such a situation I should think.

hyn_pride93
July 28, 2009, 02:12 AM
Lucy will more than likely get the keys from Angel. With the keys obtained from Angel, Leo will be reunited with Aries and Aquarius will be with Scorpio. It all works out. If anything, Gem/Mini will be the ones to break their contract with Angel because of Lucy's influence. The love and care that Lucy has for the stellar spirits affected Gem/Mini.

Karen being Hibiki's lover was very astonishing, imo. Who would have guessed that the two were lovers? Maybe Hibiki had a love for Karen and the two were never together, but none the less, the two had a connection. His power interests me. It would be nice to seem him engage in battle some time.

FluffBall
July 28, 2009, 05:39 AM
i wonder though how he would fight like didn't he say his magic is like called archive or sumthing and it doesn't sound very good for combat

hyn_pride93
July 28, 2009, 05:44 AM
i wonder though how he would fight like didn't he say his magic is like called archive or sumthing and it doesn't sound very good for combat

Archive doesn't seem like an offensive type but he has to have some sort of offense. There's no way he could survive if he didn't have some sort of ability where he could fend off enemies. I wonder if he can use the spells he has in his archive like how he got Lucy to do Urano Metria.

NoT LucK e
July 28, 2009, 06:13 AM

He could have more then one magic.And I think he said that his magic is more suited for this not battle.

hyn_pride93
July 28, 2009, 06:16 AM
He could have more then one magic.And I think he said that his magic is more suited for this not battle.

Hibiki's magic is most definitely not suitable for battle. I would just like to see what he can do on his own in battle. ;)

Farfalla
July 28, 2009, 07:10 AM
I rly miss Heiji... His work was much appreciated, not only for readers, but for scanlators too (at least for me...)

Ichiro Suzuki
July 29, 2009, 07:57 AM
Hibiki's magic is most definitely not suitable for battle. I would just like to see what he can do on his own in battle. ;)

I agree. If he has the knowledge of that kind of magic, then it definitely would be interesting to see him in a battle. But, having the knowledge doesn't mean he can use it. He could be extremely lacking in magical energy, and therefore can't produce a spell of that caliber. That is merely speculation though.

I just want to know what has happened to Leon and Gray at the moment :(. Those two would have made an awesome team.

KaNx
July 29, 2009, 08:33 AM
The new chapter of Fairy Tail is out, you can get it HERE! (http://mangahelpers.com/m/fairy-tail/chapters/145)

Discuss the chapter and what you think will happen next time.

Farfalla
July 29, 2009, 09:12 AM
I didn't understand how Angel missed that shot ._. And Lucy got a scar?
At least, yay, Angel is still alive^^ She still own her keys (even Aries, LOL!) All that Lucy's drama for nothing XD
I wish I had seen Ren fighting ;.;

Big Al
July 29, 2009, 09:13 AM
Hmm, I don't understand what going on (I am crap at translation) but I laught that Natus got the another chance to feel Lucy breast again XD

EDIT: where did Lucy and Natus go after freefall? To SS world? Nah, Lucy did said no human can live/pass through there expect Natus did once before (forgot which chapter). I only saying out loud cuz that what-you-call-it appear around Lucy head before the fall...

Unlucky Boy
July 29, 2009, 09:15 AM
Looks like an interesting chapter

I knew Angel would survive that blast to tell us about her prayer.
I wonder why did the beam didnt hit Lucy, is it because Caleum didnt want to hurt her or because of some power of Luci?
I guess now Angel is really dead, Blaine felt it like when Racer died. And now Luci is washed away far from Angel's keys... Well I didnt expect her to get them till this arc is over.

I cant wait for the translation to learn about Wendy's past with Gerard, and the conversation at the end with Erza.

I still wonder what Midnight's power is...looks badass

Oh and I can actually see Hoteye staying good forever and joining one of the light guilds. He's funny when he's good, he used to be annoying as evil.

Farfalla
July 29, 2009, 09:30 AM
After Brain appeared, it shows Angel floating in the water and talking. She's not dead.
http://mangahelpers.com/downloads/read-online/43922/9?t=1248877703

justf0rnow
July 29, 2009, 09:30 AM
damn she really is a biatch... how does she fainted ? from lucy's space magic before or losing too much power ?
im not sure if Angel is dead, coz on the page 7 she talk
aww... another NatsuxLucy XD im blushed....
and really curious about Midnight's, the 2 pegasus guys has snow & air magic, but why cant they beat him/her... snow isnt so good, but air magic is owning XD he could just close the air around Midnight and make him/her stop to breathe
about Wendy, i wonder what time is the flashback ? coz gerard was captured around 8-12 (?) years ago and he was brain washed into an evil guy ever since they run away...

Unlucky Boy
July 29, 2009, 09:40 AM
After Brain appeared, it shows Angel floating in the water and talking. She's not dead.
http://mangahelpers.com/downloads/read-online/43922/9?t=1248877703

Oh I missed that...
I wonder what will happen to her then

LoS
July 29, 2009, 11:39 AM
I am seriously beginning to get fed up with this story. Gerard goes from being this uber badass walking machine of destruction with fury in his eyes and no other facial emotion to now being some Pansy sobbing weakling. The only thing that can save this for me is if Gerard decides to blow himself up and Erza along with him. These two characters are just so damn annoying. I hope they actually blow up in some huge fiery conflagration of magical power this time around.

cleodux
July 29, 2009, 12:42 PM
Awww..i like both of them, don't blow up please >.< oh and then younger version of Gerard is so cute :D

Well my jap sucks, but i am confident about Wendy dialog. She is saying that just after Grandine went missing, she left alone and got lost, and there she met Gerard. Apparently Gerard also got lost on his way, so they travel together for about 1 month, then one day he said "anima" and then he put Wendy with a guild for shelter (caitshelter) then he went separate way. Tada.... now i don't know how the hell Gerard end up at the Tower of Paradise. But most importantly, what the hell is Anima.

Hoteye explains Nirvana nature to Jura, and he also told him that he wants to earn money to looks for his younger brother, and he told him that he reminds him of the pass. And i don't understand about the potato.

Midnight beats the crap out of Ren (unstopable terminator) Blaine thought Angel has died, he couldn't believe even Angel lost to light guilds. It is something like a in joke comedy, because after his panel, we got shown Angel panel, and she says "i am not dead yet"

Into the Gerard x Erza scenes (yeah finally... woohooo and 2 page spread too)
Erza asked why Gerard is here. The funny thing is Gerard muttered Erza name when they meet, but he says he doesn't remember anything, and ask Erza if she knows him. Ohhh i think if i am not wrong, Gerard only remember 1 word 'Erza'.

And yeah that should be it.
I think the Chaelum doesn't want to hit Lucy thats why the fire missed. Oh ya Angel uses her last power to shot chaelum, then after that fell down her prayer say something with water at the end lol.

I like the Natsu x Lucy moment in here too <3 and yeah this is the 2nd time for Natsu to get to feel Lucy's breast lol. And they fell in to the waterfall, i think the next time they awake, will face off with Midnight i don't know.

@Farfalla
Lucy got scar from Gemini using chaelum earlier.

146 predictions, more Gerard x Erza moment :D and posibility hostile from Cobra.
Next chapter title: You are free.

Farfalla
July 29, 2009, 01:10 PM
cleodux, "anima" means "soul", in Latin, I don't know if it helps^^ (didn't help me XD)
Thx for translating the chapter *-*
I hope Angel show up more in the future. I rly loved her. She may be a bitch, but she's a great mage.
What the hell is Gérard doing there if he doesn't remember anything? XD

hongoasdf
July 29, 2009, 01:28 PM
Seems quite interesting, but maybe a bit too talky. We get some insight on Wendy's past, which I was expecting since this arc started. In my opinion that was not the Gerard in the Tower of Paradise, that was the Gerard who later became Mistgun (Although I may be quite wrong, since we don't know a thing about Mistgun, excpet that he is not Gerard)

Jura and Hoteye are still funny, Gray is still lost, Cherie is still crazy, Leon is still dead(?), Happy is still frozen, Hibiki is still knocked out, Ichiya is still... captured (If Angel is now out, what are her underling going to do with Ichiya?), Wendy and Charle are still hiding, Racer is still dead, Angel is now out, Cobra is still spying, Blaine is still wandering, Midnight is still on a killing spree, and Natsu and Lucy get to spend some quality time together, why not.

Oh right, Ren and Eve are dead, most likely. They were just foddder to show us how kick-ass Midnight is, anyways. The only important character from the trio was Hibiki.

Awaiting translation.

Unlucky Boy
July 29, 2009, 01:48 PM
From what I understand from the french translation and wasnt mentioned by cleodux-

Angel's prayer was to become a real angel but now she falls into the water instead of flying to the sky (weird...)

Wendy and young Gerard traveled together for a month until suddenly he felt a danger is coming and left her at the nearest guild which was cait shelter. She later heard he became a council member (I wonder how is that, he was known as Sieglein there) and about his evil deeds in the tower of paradise, but she wonders if he was thinking about her since they seperated.

-----

I find it very starnge that Gerard doesnt remember anything but he did knew where Nirvana is and how to activate it.

I too think that maybe Wendy knew Mistgun the "another", and not the Gerard we know. Or maybe they met before he got captured and became a slave...but to me he looks older in Wendy's memory.

I'm starting to think that Midnight's magic is reflecting. I think he's able to throw any magic back at the user and thats why nothing hits him.

Steco
July 29, 2009, 02:49 PM
In cnet's translation, page 08, he wrote there wasn't anything word, but I think there is something of Erza thinking, does someone knows what is it?

EDIT: He edited...

kaizoku king
July 29, 2009, 03:58 PM
now i am completely confused about this gerald,mistgun controversy i thought mistgun was the person with the chibi Wendy( which id the cutest thing my eyes have ever watched with her crazy pants) because of the staff on his back but then i remembered wendy knew him by the name gerard and if they really are 2 different people that is not mistgun ( my explanation and proof aren't that good i kno) but its really confusing and i want natsu to kick midnights asssss

Dalyup!
July 29, 2009, 04:04 PM
I'm of the impression that young Gerard was Mistgun also. This may be coincidental, but Mistgun's magic is somewhat staff related and the young Gerard/whatever was carrying what looked like a staff on his back. He also seemed to know who Gerard was (the adult version) so maybe that was a name he used... I doubt Urtear would let Gerard leave his little tower and wasn't his acting as a council member a psychic projection anyway?

Chaos Shadow
July 29, 2009, 04:52 PM
I'm of the impression that young Gerard was Mistgun also. This may be coincidental, but Mistgun's magic is somewhat staff related and the young Gerard/whatever was carrying what looked like a staff on his back. He also seemed to know who Gerard was (the adult version) so maybe that was a name he used... I doubt Urtear would let Gerard leave his little tower and wasn't his acting as a council member a psychic projection anyway?

yes i tought the same when i read it!

kkck
July 29, 2009, 04:54 PM
The chapter was very interesting, yet uneventful..... I did like it though.

Wendy's past is the most confusing thing I have yet to see. We know gerard was an asshole playing nice(all the people in TOP were living and working fairly confortably) and that would make sense with the attitude he apparently had with wendy, yet something is off. Gerard gave the impression of having spent most of his time in the TOP yet, given wendy's and blaines account it would seem the guy spent quite some time outside it. On the other hand, the DS seem to have some relationship to zereff so letting go of wendy that easily does not make that much sense.

At first I though the guy wendy was with was actually mistgun, yet that only raises more questions. The only way for that to be plausible was that for a time mistgun went with the name of gerard. Maybe gerard and mistgun are twins of the same name? Or maybe mistgun is some sort of weird gerard clone....

And what is this anima? I have the sensation it will play out to be extremely important.

LoS
July 29, 2009, 05:16 PM
Maybe gerard and mistgun are twins of the same name? Or maybe mistgun is some sort of weird gerard clone....

And what is this anima? I have the sensation it will play out to be extremely important.

I am thinking the two are part of a batch of Septuplets all sharing the same face actually, the parallels and connections are just too strong, so strong in fact that it could very easily be skewing my thoughts just for that reason.

And Anima fits in with this chapter extremely well. Gerard has lost his mind/memories and in clinical terms Anima is a person's inner self/their unconscious. Also someone provided a Latin translation earlier, but Anima in Latin can also be translated as "Mind."

Ero-Sanji
July 29, 2009, 06:23 PM
Ohh and on top of the whole Anime = Mind/soul, Mistguns magic is what? Illusions...

I think I'm more convinced about my Midnight theory i mean look at his attacks.

cleodux
July 29, 2009, 08:11 PM
ahh nothing beats reading manga in english scanlations >.<

Well it looks like officially we have 1 more mystery, that is Anima. I still believe The Gerard in Wendy's flash back is the Gerard we see today. Mistgun somehow more mysterious than Gerard himself. I still stick on my theory that they are somehow related by experiments, either one of them is the real one, or both are clones (Zeref's clones lol. I think i will rofl if Zeref's face is like them)

I will say Gerard got amnesia because of Aetherion (Elie dit get anyway, i don't know because of Aetherion or because she is in denial)

I think just right after Gerard put Wendy on Caitshelter, he went straight to Tower of Paradise, the weapon on his back looks like a sword to me. Maybe the construction on Tower of Paradise got something to do with Anima?

Oh and Charle name in katakana read as Sharuru. Katakana really do wonders lol. I wish she end up with Happy, he deserves a girlfriend.

About Midnight's abilities, if his abilities only repels, then Ren should just stop attacking (i think he is not stupid) maybe Midnight's abilities is copy? Because he said he want to fight with stronger opponents.

Oh and about Nirvana activation, i think Gerard himself has no idea why he did that, it is instinct lol.

LoS
July 29, 2009, 09:46 PM
About Midnight's abilities, if his abilities only repels, then Ren should just stop attacking (i think he is not stupid) maybe Midnight's abilities is copy? Because he said he want to fight with stronger opponents.

BLOODLUST, fighters like him always love fighting strong opponents. The parallel fits, but I hate using it, think Kenpachi as far as popular shounen characters go.

kkck
July 29, 2009, 11:18 PM
Not necessarily kempachi though, he could be like goku....

birleywhirligig
July 30, 2009, 01:08 AM
Hi! I'm new to the Fairy Tail Forum... (after lurking for a Long time)

I was just thinking about the Anima = Mind or Soul thing... and then after watching the new Harry Potter movie...

I believe that the Gerard of Wendy's past is Mistgun... I don't know why. Is there a possibility that Gerard and Mistgun are, like, split versions of the original Gerard (like... sorta Horcrux)? That offers an explanation how they were both known as 'Gerard' (until the not-imprisoned one decided to take the name of 'Mistgun').

Maybe when Zeref possessed Gerard, and replaced his personality, it sort of split Gerard into the evil-Sieglin-Zeref-Gerard amalgam and the kind-Gerard-Mistgun version...

But yeah... moving on, I'm not sure what to think about Gerard only remembering 'Erza'... on one hand, for any Gerard/Erza shippers out there, it could be taken as totally sweet - he forgets everything but her... on the hand, if he's still evil... it's not that great for her...

bittman
July 30, 2009, 01:34 AM
The theory sounds ok birley and I was thinking "What if Mistgun was just the good bits" or something. But at the same time, if Mistgun was really Gerard and not just a look-alike why did he never talk with Erza before?

I'd love for Gerard to be playing Erza's heart again. If he didn't remember anything surely he wouldn't have awoken Nirvana.

A couple of small things I liked about this chapter though:
Midnight is appearing to be quite powerful, as expected
Cobra is already there with Erza and Gerard
Angel isn't dead and Lucy was unable to take her keys. Take that everyone who expected Lucy to get 3 more golden keys!
Smily Hoteye is quite amusing...

Anyway, despite all this action there are a couple of people I feel we're missing in the last little bit.
Cherie: who's her next target?
That Blue Pegasus smelling guy: Where did he go?
Leon: surely it's only a couple more chapters before he's "alive" =P

Unlucky Boy
July 30, 2009, 02:07 AM
in clinical terms Anima is a person's inner self/their unconscious

I think thats the anima young Gerard was talking about. If Mistgun is the inner self of Gerard (or vice versa) it can explain perfectly why Gerard has no inner voice as Cobra said. They were splitted from the same body or something.
I dont know which of them was the original (probably the one that turned evil) but I'm sure Mistgun is a fake name, to go with hiding his face. Like that he was able to protect Erza and her guild without her knowing anything.
And when Mistgun fought Luxus in the church, Luxsus called his "Another -", probably meant another side of Gerard or something like that.

I hope the recent loss of memories of Gerard doesnt mean he got splitted again and we can expect another clone that will be evil...

I still wonder why Caelum missed Lucy... did Angel really miss? didnt Caelum want to hit her? Is it some power of Lucy? there isnt even a clue...we'll never know :(

Did you notice that the lines of Blaine's body are moving? look here on the left side http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/145/07/
one line disappears (or Mashima forgot to draw it :P)

justf0rnow
July 30, 2009, 02:24 AM
um... everyone has been talking about OS's prayers, what is it mean ?
im kinda lost here =P

and about gerard, if he dont remember anything, why he didnt attack erza ? he was attacking Natsu, Blaine, and the other dark guild members....

birleywhirligig
July 30, 2009, 02:32 AM
I'm going to borrow something from Tsubasa/xxxholic...

@justf0rnow: Gerard's memory only remembers 'Erza', so maybe his body's 'memories' (like instinct) still remembers that Erza is a friend? So instinctively, he recognises Erza as a friend?

Also... I think he just attacked everyone before in a panic, and once he calmed down at the light and tried to remember his past, Erza turned up...

hongoasdf
July 30, 2009, 02:37 AM
Caelum probably didn't want to hit Lucy. That, or Angel reached her limit. Let's face it: As strong as you may be, in this manga summoning several spirits does deplete your energy a lot.

About Blaine's lines, when Racer went terrorist, another of those lines disappeared, suggesting they do whenever a member dies. But in Angel's case, it was when she was rendered unable to fight. So maybe Racer is still alive.

Finally, about Gerard. If you wake up half-naked inside a cave and don't remember anything, and the only thing you see is a bunch of people arguing, isn't it the logical course of action to just get the fuck out of there by whatever means necesary? Though, he did seem quite calm... maybe he was certain of his powers despite his amnesia.

Or he is just faking amnesia in order to get something from Erza. That seems pretty possible to me.

FluffBall
July 30, 2009, 02:56 AM
i think that he actually did forget but that sooner or later he will remember maybe after something erza says or after they fight or something

Unlucky Boy
July 30, 2009, 02:57 AM
About Blaine's lines, when Racer went terrorist, another of those lines disappeared, suggesting they do whenever a member dies. But in Angel's case, it was when she was rendered unable to fight. So maybe Racer is still alive.

I wonder if that means Blaine's power is coming from their lives or from their prayers maybe, like that spell that was charged by the Element 4 members.
And what will happen when all the lines are gone?

Ero-Sanji
July 30, 2009, 08:42 AM
Okey so the prayers so far;

Racer

Prayer: To be faster than anyone
Magic: Slowing anything down within a certain area.

Angel

Prayer: To fade into the sky like an Angel
Magic: Stellar Spirts

Anyways I guess Blaines the one answering these so called prayers but the effects are some what the opposite e.g. Racer wanting to be faster than anyone actually made everyone else slow and Angels prayer might be the same since she wants to be in the sky/heaven (which in Fairy tail also can indicate Space e.g. Gerards magic Heavenly magic) instead took the sky/space/stars to herself.

So instead of her being in the Sky she made the sky to be with her..

kkck
July 30, 2009, 11:07 AM
um... everyone has been talking about OS's prayers, what is it mean ?
im kinda lost here =P

and about gerard, if he dont remember anything, why he didnt attack erza ? he was attacking Natsu, Blaine, and the other dark guild members....

It is because of what racer said. Oracion 6, six demons and six prayers. Obviously each member of the oracion 6 is referenced as a demon. The prayers apparently are a reflection of each oracion 6 personality, wish, fighting stile...

So racer's prayer was to be the fastest. Angels prayer was to fade into the sky like an angel. So I would thin the remaining prayers follow like this:

Cobra: To hear everything
Blaine: To destroy the light
midnight: To fight the strongest/ never be defeated
hoteye: To be the richest/save little brother(second one is unlikely, just too noble..)

justf0rnow
July 31, 2009, 12:04 AM
Okey so the prayers so far;

Racer

Prayer: To be faster than anyone
Magic: Slowing anything down within a certain area.

i wonder, how come did he bring gerard's coffin in no time (1/2hours) ? i mean the other OS said theres no one else faster than him, and his magic doesnt gives him more speed but only slows anything around him...
by that he supposed to bring the coffin like a normal person (normal speed)
kinda confused here :s

btw, thanks kkck XD now i know what are those prayers means :amuse

Ero-Sanji
July 31, 2009, 06:28 AM
Indeed that's strange..

Unlucky Boy
July 31, 2009, 07:05 AM
i wonder, how come did he bring gerard's coffin in no time (1/2hours) ? i mean the other OS said theres no one else faster than him, and his magic doesnt gives him more speed but only slows anything around him...
by that he supposed to bring the coffin like a normal person (normal speed)
kinda confused here :s

I asked the same question when his power was revealed and someone suggested that he used his motorcycle

Max Mojito
August 01, 2009, 12:56 PM
Erza and gerrard will be a good fight if it happes :D, but dont think its gonno happen anymore, lets hope gerrard turns into a good guy now :D

hyn_pride93
August 02, 2009, 07:23 AM
Gerrard not having any recollection of his past life except for the name 'Erza' doesn't seem to surprise me as much as I thought it would. Being revived from the dead may be the reason why he has no memory. Nirvana has something to do with this as well. Gerrard was wavering in between good and evil, was he not? Nirvana definitely has something to do with Gerrard that is effecting him in a way to cause him to behave this way.

Castriota
August 03, 2009, 04:39 PM
um well the raw is out Here. (http://mangahelpers.com/m/fairy-tail/chapters/146/) Looks like gerard came back for 2 and a half seconds to be taken out of the game. so sad...moving on, wonder if erza is gonna go crazy on cobra next chapter. oh and no clue what was going on with natsu and lucy. where'd virgo come from?

bittman
August 03, 2009, 06:42 PM
Ah, good old Gerard and Erza, they're relationship will always pull a crowd.

Looks like all most of my guesses from the last chapter were answered (i.e. Leon living and Cherie appearing).

And yeah, want to see the translation whilst I wonder where Virgo came from...

...and why isn't Happy there to laugh at Lucy's new cosplay?

Fyna
August 03, 2009, 08:31 PM
I loved that Virgo used the same joke that Happy used when Loki saved Lucy from Bixlow. So funny!! This is a great chapter!!

Urtear
August 03, 2009, 08:37 PM
So does Gérard... bite the dust?
or is he unconscious?

and what's with Nirvana being a tower?
is it like ANOTHER tower of paradise thats supposed to wake up Zeref?

LoS
August 03, 2009, 09:38 PM
Wow has this guy run out of ideas or what? Everything is so similar, and/or totally predictable.

I am still upset that the emo couple couldn't both explode together, but Cobra's stank eye was pretty hilarious.

kaizoku king
August 03, 2009, 09:47 PM
so is Jerald really dead now, cool finally i did not want him to go on cause he is getting pretty annoying . leon is back what a shocker i never new shounen manga characters survive near death experiences

Pirulito
August 03, 2009, 09:59 PM
If Gerard dies, I'm fine.

Gazille
August 03, 2009, 11:05 PM
Kinda wish killing Gerald the first time was as easy as the second... I feel bad for Erza and him though XD. I wont be surprised if he died... I wont be surprised if they kept him either, the author seems to really LOVE this character.

Also, I looove the outfits on Natsu and Lucy. So cute XD. Poor Hibiki though, he looks pretty damn beat up.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! WHY IS LEON ALIVE!!!?!?!?!? At least... that means... there's a slight chance that..... Racer lived? Ah? Ah? Like, slowed down time just as the bomb was about to explode and ran off?? Ah? Ahhhh? <( -cries in corner-

edit: On another note, now that Erza is being impacted emotionally so greatly... Do you think she'll turn evil do to Nirvana? That'd be something to see and very interesting to read the out come.

hongoasdf
August 04, 2009, 12:37 AM
If She did turn evil now, it would mean Gerard did not succeed in destroying Nirvana. That, or he could've been faking his amnesia in order to get Erza to feel strong negative emotions nad fall to the darkness.

Gerard has shown the capacity to lie to Erza quite a bit in the past, and Erza has proven to be quite guillible when it comes to Gerard.

But of course he may just die along with Nirvana. I'd much rather see this happening. Gerard's death, not Nirvana's.

Ju-da-su
August 04, 2009, 12:40 AM
Gerard put the self-destructive magic on Nirvana...and on himself. Think of it as something like Lelouch from CG at the end...since he said very similar thing ("I'll release you from that "Gerard" and take your hatred and sadness with me, so you can finally be free")

justf0rnow
August 04, 2009, 12:41 AM
i dont understand at all X(
i love it when Natsu & Lucy shocked when Cherrie use her magic lol
btw, they really make a cute adorable lovely couple <3
as for Virgo, could Gemini ask her to go out by herself ?
and really ? Gerald gone for good now ?... so much for him being the new leader of FT...
i wonder if Mistgun show up and save him...?!

lonelytaka
August 04, 2009, 01:26 AM
i think gerard was given the warning from the god that he will lose all the memory, then poor gerard, doesn't remember what happen, i pity him.

Unlucky Boy
August 04, 2009, 03:18 AM
Cherie is so lame...she cant do anything right even as evil, I really wanted to see her beating Lucy and Natsu for a little while at least. The girl got one of the most amazing powers and she is so useless... still I hope that wasnt her only rule in this arc, I want to see her fighting one of the OS. Cobra would be a nice opponent, she could use his snake against him.

Anyway the number of bad guys is down to 3 (Cobra, Midnight and Blaine) and the strongets members of the alliance (Erza, Jura, Ichiya, Natsu) still didnt fight any of them so those 3 got to be damn strong to keep this arc going.

It's funny how Erza got to Nirvana so fast. Blaine started walking there even before she was healed and still didnt make it.

I wonder how Lucy still got the power to summon Virgo after that fight... and did Virgo come on her own will? that's nice of her.

Oh and I love the how Cobra's snake has the same expressions as Cobra, like the horse head of Sagittarius.

Gazille
August 04, 2009, 05:58 AM
Yeah, that's true... But I've never seen someone "sacrifice there life" in an manga or anime and actually succeed in doing what they wanted to do... It's so dumb that way. I he happens to do it, well then, good for him. He did something useful with his life.

Yeah I know, Cobra and his snake were so funny this chp. XDDD.

I don't think Lucy is so lame though XD. She really has a unique personality.

Chocolove77
August 04, 2009, 06:56 AM
It looks like Gerard sacrified himself but it's actually a suicide. According to the translation he actived the auto-destruction system of Nirvana but he also activated it on himself. He says his death will make Erza's sadness and hatred go away and free her.
You can guess that Cobra tries to stop the auto-destruction program and call Gerard a bastard blah blah blah.

Virgo gave Natsu and Lucy Stellar Spirits clothes cause theirs were torn off.
After that Virgo disappears by herself as Lucy is totally out of magic.

I think we can all say goodbye to Gerard now, he really is dead... Or maybe his spirit will take over Mistgun body and we'll have our Gerard once again!
No that would be lame, let's hope he is really dead. I mean the guy casted an auto-destruction spell on himself! There is no going back from that...or is there?

fg7dragon
August 04, 2009, 09:37 AM
Who knows, we still don't know what kind of magic was downloaded pnto Lucy's head by Hibiki.

justf0rnow
August 04, 2009, 10:07 AM
does anyone noticed that Cobra's snake went missing ?
i mean, it still there when they shocked (when Gerald tell him about the self destruct)
but it disappear for the rest of the chapter...
could the snake be his magic ? i mean like a stellar spirit ? he can summon it and dismiss it

PS: im still hoping that Cobra will be a good guy & join FT XD

Evil3ye
August 04, 2009, 01:50 PM
Virgo dressed Natsu and Lucy, lol that was quite funny :tem

As for the Erza/Gererd/Cobra part.. needs to read the full translated chap.
Seems like he's dead again, hmm.. weird :notrust

Not that I would miss him :headscratch

shinobi
August 04, 2009, 03:45 PM
Actually, I would miss him!! ^ ^ It's kind of weird to bring him back from the dead just to die again couple of chapter later, I don't think he's dead, I need to read it again...

Evil3ye
August 04, 2009, 03:48 PM
Actually, I would miss him!! ^ ^ It's kind of weird to bring him back from the dead just to die again couple of chapter later, I don't think he's dead, I need to read it again...

Say what?! Trans is already out? :omg

Though yeah, I agree on the fact hat it's kind of stupid to bring him back just to show the villains where Nirvana is. :oh

shinobi
August 04, 2009, 03:58 PM
Say what?! Trans is already out? :omg

Though yeah, I agree on the fact hat it's kind of stupid to bring him back just to show the villains where Nirvana is. :oh

:facepalm I meant to say I need to read the chapter later!! no trans that I know about, don't panic!! :D

Both Gerard and Erza are crybabies in this chapter!! if he survived I know I'll miss the evil part of him, (coz he seems he turned good after all)...

alexlw92
August 04, 2009, 04:51 PM
gererd needs to die for good. hes getting annoying imo.

imamess
August 04, 2009, 04:56 PM
I don't see him dying without some kind of explanation about Mist Gun. Plus, Fairy Tail has the on-going theme about not sacrificing yourself. Even though Gerard understands that he'd caused Erza pain, she probably will always still think of him as her friend. We haven't been hit over the head with a nakama speech for quite awhile, either.

Chocolove77
August 04, 2009, 05:19 PM
I think Mistgun we'll give the explanation himself.
After reading the french translation I strongly think there is no way Gerard will ever come back. He did what he had to do. And why would they bother reviving someone who commited suicide?
And there has been sacrifice in Fairy Tail, like Ur against Deliora or Simon against Gerard, even Racer against Leon in a way.

LoS
August 04, 2009, 05:47 PM
trans from french to english choc??? :p

Chocolove77
August 04, 2009, 06:54 PM
Short Summary:

Gerard doesn't recognize Erza and says he doesn't remember anything, Cobra wonder if he lost his memory. He orders her not to approach and sends a magic energy blast. Then she tell her about the past, that his name is Gerard, that they were friends, that he lost his mind and is supposed to be dead, hurt his friends, caused the dissolution of the mage council, killed simon (nice achievments Gerard!). She claims that he is once again pretending, making a fool of her. He says he really have no memories.

Back to Natsu&Co:
Lucy is like "zomg what are these clothes??!" Virgo explains that their clothes were torn off so they gave them Stellar Spirits clothes.
Natsu wonders where is Nirvana and why it turned white. He decide they have to go there.
After that Virgo disappears by herself as Lucy is totally out of magic.
Then we see Cherie who is still under the influence of Nirvana, I think the pictures are self-explanatory, she tries to attack them and Grey saves the day
Leon shows up:" Sup I'm not rly dead lolz!"

Back to Wendy&Co: They wonder why the tower became white and are worried about the others.

Back to Cobra,Erza and Gerard:
Cobra can't believe Gerard lost his memories but realises it must be the reason why he can't hear his inner voice and that the reason why he remembered Nirvana's location was because Oracion Seis kept referring to Nirvana when he was unconscious. Then he asks him why the seal around Nirvana is gone
Gerard replies that it's a dangerous magic is too dangerous so he broke the seal in order to destroy Nirvana. He explains that he already activated the auto-destruction system
You can guess that Cobra tries to stop the auto-destruction program and call Gerard a bastard blah blah blah.
Gerard begins to remember Erza, her name moves his heart. He remembers her sadness and hatred toward him.
Cobra realises that gerard also casted the auto-destruction on himself
While falling, Gerard speaks his last words: "blah blah you are now free Erza as I take your sadness and hatred with me blah blah"

And that's pretty much it.
Next chapter: "The Guild of Hope"

hongoasdf
August 04, 2009, 07:27 PM
It would seem Mashima revived Gerard for the sole purpose of being the scapegoat who'd destroy Nirvana. And at that, he also redeemed him to a certain degree in Erza's eyes. Two birds with one Gerard-shaped stone.

So, unless Cobra has teh mad skillz and is able to prevent the self destruction or Blaine shows up and does the same, Nirvana (And Gerard) has ceased to be a threat, OS gets mad blahblahblah and in the future Mistgun will explain what the fuck was Gerard all about.

Though, it would be VERY lame if Blaine stops the self destruction of Nirvana and as a consecuence, Gerard was saved, too. Let him die in vain or anything, but please Mashima, don't revive him again >_<

LoS
August 04, 2009, 07:49 PM
Was Gerard even needed to ease Erza's so called sadness? It's not like her sadness effected her daily life, she was never bed ridden or slacking on missions due to her thoughts on Gerard.

This shit all seems unnecessary and a total waste. This Gerard & Erza relationship didn't even need this kind of closure.

bittman
August 04, 2009, 08:14 PM
Gerard won't die again:

Anima

That's all I need to say about that.

Chocolove77
August 04, 2009, 08:24 PM
Beside, it's not really over as Erza is still confused after seeing MistGun. One day or another she will have a conversation with him ask questions and get more confused.
I say, it's not over yet.
I wonder what's gonna happen now? That would be lame if oracion seis manage to stop the auto destruction. But in the meantime, if Nirvana is destroyed then everyone go back home and enjoy the rest of the day. Oracion Seis went trough all this trouble to get Nirvana but now there is no point staying, they have no more reason to fight.

Ero-Sanji
August 05, 2009, 05:45 AM
Gérard's Dead! Good for everyone...

So that means Hoteye is going evil again and the fighting can begin again..

Unlucky Boy
August 05, 2009, 06:04 AM
I wonder who was speaking to Gerard in his dream... Was it Urtear or maybe Mistgun?

I wont mourn Gerard till I see him buried. Who knows, maybe Wendy decides to revive him again, maybe blaine can cancel the delf destruct magic...

I'm not sure Hoteye will turn evil again. Sherie changed because she learned that Lyon is alive, not because Nirvana changed, and if he's already possesed I dont think it matters of the source of the magic is destroyed.
But I do wonder what will happen to him. I think those lines on Blaine's face represent the 6 prayers. Two of them disappeared when the prayers of Racer and Angel died, so Hoteye's prayer should die as well evetually.
Maybe he will learn that Blaine killed his brother or something like that...

I hope there's going to be a battle on the next chapter, and I also really want to know what's going on with Ichiya and Midnight.

Host Samurai
August 05, 2009, 06:05 AM
Oracion Seis went trough all this trouble to get Nirvana but now there is no point staying, they have no more reason to fight.

Say that to Blaine, he still thinks that Racer died in the explosion.:p Midnight is still on his way to Nirvana and finishing some Mages off. And he seems to be the character to me, who works thoroughly just like he was ordered to. We can expect more fights, this arc is still not over yet.

cleodux
August 05, 2009, 07:59 AM
I really don't understand the purpose of reviving (healing) Gerard from uncouncious state just to be dead after only a few chapters. I rather see Gerard dead all the way.. is like bring up my hope just to be crush later >.< Yeah probably for plot device Nirvana, come on that is too simple. Oh come to think of it it is an excuse for Mashima to make Wendy's flash back and introduce new mystery Anima.

Or maybe like bittman said, Gerard won't die, yeah... he somehow like a cockroach when you thought it dead, it didn't.

I like Lucy x Natsu moment. And the clothes are cute, there is a heart pattern on it.

lonelytaka
August 05, 2009, 08:34 AM
i think cobra vs erza in nirvana, i think oracion seis have no use of gerard already. i think cobra hatred will change nirvana into darkness. i think angel have unsettle with lucy, she will fight her again.

Evil3ye
August 05, 2009, 09:47 AM
So Gererd committed suicide in the end? :blink

Wow, that's quite something. His talk to Erza at the End really made me feel sorry with him, but actually I don't believe he's dead for sure. They've still got Wendy, no? :)

We won't get rid of this guy so easy, believe me xD

kkck
August 05, 2009, 11:34 AM
Interesting chapter although rather uneventful....

First nice surprise is seeing lucy and natsu after having their cloths changed by virgo. Who'd new she would turn out to be kinda of a perv lol. I also found lucy's comment about virgo coming interesting. It would seem as if being completely drained of magic allows her stellar spirits to come to the human world on their own.

And gerard.... I like the character but all of this seems way too random... He gets healed and suddenly he lost his memory and feels like destroying nirvana? I don't buy it.... I bet he is yet again faking it or will at the last moment be possesed by zeref's ghost(i think that was urtear though) and use nirvana for himself.

Anyways, this seemed like a set up chapter, next weel is bound to be epic.
[hr]
Oh, I forgot about something. I wonder how natsu is being affected by nirvana now. IMHO there must be something wrong with him right now, he is acting completely out of character. We all know natsu is reckless, impulsive and WILL go over the top over unnesesary things. Yet, natsu right now took a breath, calmed down and actually stopped his reckless rants. This is nothing like the natsu we know. IMO the new white nirvana had an effect on him. If the first black pillar made people switch alingments, then this one probably makes people get completely into their own side. This means good people will be even "good-er" and bad people will be worst. That could be bad though for the light side though, we might see a whole bunch of self righteous assholes lol.

hongoasdf
August 05, 2009, 11:37 AM
I really don't understand the purpose of reviving (healing) Gerard from uncouncious state just to be dead after only a few chapters.

Simply put? Mashima needed an Scapegoat to be the one to destroy Nirvana, and Gerard fitted perfectly.

Though, I could be wrong, and we'll see him alive again. And I doubt this is the end of this arc... we have yet to see Midnight and Blaine fight. Even though Nirvana's being destroyed (Assuming of course, they don't somehow stop it), they still have their pride as villains, and that is enough in any shounen.

ssj4jw
August 05, 2009, 12:02 PM
This chapter makes Gerard's ending at the Tower of Paradise anticlimactic. At T.o.P it said that he saved Erza and Natsu from the etherion. It looks like he is going to stay since the last narration said "I won't allow it". He probably gonna be a loner like Laxus. I can see them bumping into each other.

shinobi
August 05, 2009, 12:39 PM
Erza way of telling him about himself was rough, as Gerard said it was full of hatred, the part about him hurting his comrade and killing Simon had big impact on him....I really don't think that this is the end of Gerard, also I think that Mistgun will appear soon, this is my guess......

fg7dragon
August 05, 2009, 12:41 PM
Could wendy have known Gerald wil lose his memory?
http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/145/15/

kkck
August 05, 2009, 12:42 PM
Erza way of telling him about himself was rough, as Gerard said it was full of hatred, the part about him hurting his comrade and killing Simon had big impact on him....I really don't think that this is the end of Gerard, also I think that Mistgun will appear soon, this is my guess......

Wonder if gerard was affected by nirvana before the light color changed.... The sudden destruction of nirvana would make more sense that way.

shinobi
August 05, 2009, 12:51 PM
Wonder if gerard was affected by nirvana before the light color changed.... The sudden destruction of nirvana would make more sense that way.

I don't know, he must have known the effect of Nervana's light and was prepared for it before he unsealed it, he also must have placed the self destruction spell on himself at the same time he casted the spell on Nervana, he knew what he was doing...

I wonder what he meant by (I heard someone's voice in my head)....

Evil3ye
August 05, 2009, 01:17 PM
I don't believe he was affected by the Nirvana, since the guy with the Snake (forgot the name :darn) stated that he couldn't read his mind from the very start, no?

What I wonder is, why he made the selfdestruction spell on himself, it can't be because of Erza's speech, since he made it already before- So why would he do that?

bittman
August 06, 2009, 12:33 AM
Sorry, just had a thought:

Midnight is the anti-mage correct? Midnight the anti-mage is heading towards Nirvana correct?

...hmm, I feel it's way too early to simply take out Nirvana with four of the Oracian Seis left. Kind of make the rest of the fight pointless, and nothing more than a revenge battle. Midnight seems to be a useful plot tool in canceling Gerard's magic, but then again Blaine is no weak mage and possibly also has a work-around.

So what I got out of this chapter:
1) Gerard still can't die: Anima (unless it's Mistgun)
2) Nirvana still can't be destroyed: rest of this arc becomes anti-climactic otherwise.
3) Lucy: ??? She's becoming...stronger, or something. I believe "something" is what she's becoming...

Also, bit sick of 1 on 1/2's. Hoping some of the Oracian Seis actually team up again, they kicked so much ass teaming up the first time.

Spectrum
August 06, 2009, 01:41 AM
Leon is alive... I supposed this since he "died"

Gerard will die now? or he'll revive again? lol

lonelytaka
August 06, 2009, 07:58 AM
leon is the fighter, i think natsu more fighter than him. the way he fight the enemy never died, just to win.

heartangel
August 07, 2009, 10:53 AM
i dont' think Gerard is Mistgun.....did u guys remember when Erza said Gerard has younger brother who just look alike...that might b mistgun...

kkck
August 07, 2009, 11:09 AM
i dont' think Gerard is Mistgun.....did u guys remember when Erza said Gerard has younger brother who just look alike...that might b mistgun...

Seiglein told erza gerard was his twin brothers. Later on we found out they were the same dude all along. I would not be surprised if mistgun turns out to be gerards actual twin brother though(turning a lie into a half lie).

lonelytaka
August 07, 2009, 09:35 PM
gerrard and mistgun have same look, don't know if mistgun change his face or not?

Evil3ye
August 08, 2009, 06:30 AM
How about Mistgun using a Genjutsu which shows the person one likes to see most? :D
And in Erza's case it was Gererd of course :p

Aikidoka
August 09, 2009, 02:08 AM
who else thinks this development was stupid? I might be alone, I'm not sure...but I hated this chapter. It's as if Mashima can say "Oh, Gerard has amnesia and he just committed suicide so all his evil deeds of the past are forgiven". Bullshit. A fictional story shouldn't make me so mad but for some reason it does. A good author doesn't need to kill a character to make us feel sorry for that character. I know you can do better than that, Mashima.

CannedJam
August 09, 2009, 11:03 AM
who else thinks this development was stupid? I might be alone, I'm not sure...but I hated this chapter. It's as if Mashima can say "Oh, Gerard has amnesia and he just committed suicide so all his evil deeds of the past are forgiven". Bullshit. A fictional story shouldn't make me so mad but for some reason it does. A good author doesn't need to kill a character to make us feel sorry for that character. I know you can do better than that, Mashima.

Agreed. You're definitely not the only one who thinks this...Plus I was kinda hoping that Leon actually died. Hes cool, yes I know that, but the way he randomly returned was sort of a Fairy Fail again, but it certainly wasn't as bad as the whole Gerard thing.

Evil3ye
August 09, 2009, 03:56 PM
Now that you guys say it.. :D
It reminds me of what happend to Itachi, when he was dead..

Pretty the same thing, no? Tobi's speech made him as pure as a saint, and made everyone forget about him killing his own clan and family :rolleyes:

fg7dragon
August 10, 2009, 10:33 AM
Yeah, I also agree.
As for Leon being cool, well the guy is an ice-user so obviusly he should be as cool as they come.

kaizoku king
August 10, 2009, 11:58 AM
gerald is still alve well ill be damned i thought i saw the last of him but i guess i was wrong

Chocolove77
August 10, 2009, 12:44 PM
Okay.
I started reading manga at 7. I am 22 now. And I gottta say, I've never seen something THIS lame in a manga! This is outrageous! The guy was supposed to die!
And what's with that giant spider thingy? Is it Nirvana or a manifestation of Blaine's power?
I liked the way Blaine destroyed the autodestruction spell like it was nothing, while Cobra was saying it was extremely compex in the previous chapter. He really deserves his title of clown of the group.

Urtear
August 10, 2009, 01:16 PM
Okay.
I started reading manga at 7. I am 22 now. And I gottta say, I've never seen something THIS lame in a manga! This is outrageous! The guy was supposed to die!
And what's with that giant spider thingy? Is it Nirvana or a manifestation of Blaine's power?
I liked the way Blaine destroyed the autodestruction spell like it was nothing, while Cobra was saying it was extremely compex in the previous chapter. He really deserves his title of clown of the group.

You've seen the next chapter =o
do tell more, or point me in the direction of the raw!

And if Blaine takes off the self-destruct magic and saves Nirvana does that mean Gerard is saved too?

Chocolove77
August 10, 2009, 01:26 PM
The new chapter of Fairy Tail is out, you can get it HERE! (http://mangahelpers.com/m/fairy-tail/chapters/147)

Discuss the chapter and what you think will happen next time.

And yes, it seems that our old friend Gerard survived.

fizban
August 10, 2009, 01:33 PM
I wish you guys wouldn't talk about the next chapter in this thread, or would at least put things in spoiler tags. I am trying to see if the series is any better if I wait for the scanlations to be out before reading the series.

ghostexiled
August 10, 2009, 02:25 PM
I for one have no issue with the development so far... but then again I always wait till the arc concludes before dishing out my criticism.

I enjoy FT and believe that there will be a reason to Gerald's revival other than fan service. :)

Castriota
August 10, 2009, 04:30 PM
thank you to whoever stickied this.

so, I have an idea. i'm going to make myself into a fairy tail character and my magic is going to be Gerard Perma-kill magic. how is he still alive anyways? and of course nirvana isn't destroyed yet or that'd be such a waste of an arc and bad guys. lol, did they all jump on or did they just happen to be on a part where the leg sprouted from?

LoS
August 10, 2009, 04:43 PM
That raised palace reminds me so much of this animated cartoon movie I saw from way back when I was a kid, some evil lord found a genie and resurrected a palace.

But anyway on to more pressing matters like, for Christ sake can either Erza or Gerard die for crying out loud. This pair is just so damn annoying.

Chocolove77
August 10, 2009, 06:00 PM
Short Summary (thanks to the french translation)

Erza grabs Gerard and tells him he doesn't have the right to die, he has to face his crimes, that ignorance won't make his crimes more forgiveable, that death won't give him redemption. (so classic!)
Live Gerard!

page 06:
Focus on Brain
Cobra is panicking: "zomg at this rate nirvana will be destroyed!"

Brain is like: "Don't worry. Where do you think I got my name (Brain) from?" In the past, Brain was part of a magic research and developpement group. At that time he invented hundreds of spells, this autodestruction spell in particular. He then adresses Gerard: " Don't you remember? I'm the one who taught it to you Gerard!"
"No need for a cancellation code when you can just nullify the spell!"

While destroying the spell, Brain notices Gerard also casted it on himself.
Cobra brings Brain up to date about the whole "gerard lost his memories because of the nano-ether or nano lachryma we put in him" (I could have sworn Brain already knew that!)
Brain laughs and says it is pathetic
Then he unleashes Nirvana power :"Awaken Nirvana show us your true form!"
Then Cobra says something odd:"I can hear it, our future, the sound of the light disappearing!" (I don't really get it even in french, must be related to his ability to hear voices...)

Page 11:
Everyone: WTF?

page 16:
Back to Brain:"Finally, it's under my control!The ultimate weapon, the inversion magic: Nirvana!"
Every guilds of light are gonna get overwhelmed!

Page 17:
Back to Erza and Gerard: The autodesctruction spell disappeared from Gerard's body. Erza tells him he's gonna have to live now, even if he is despair, even if he is weak.
"It's not over yet, there's still hope. Look..."

Then we see members of Fairy Tail &Co climbing (it seems like Leon and Cherie aren't joining the rest of the team though)
Everyone is like: "Nothing can stop us! Hold on! We'll never give up! Yay! Hope is the bond that unifies us!"

Next Chapter: The march of the death

I hadn't realised since now how much powerful Brain was. The guy taught spells to Gerard, that speaks volumes about his power! And Brain fears Midnight's, what a monster he must be! The good guys have the advantage to outnumber Oracion Seis though.
Anyway Gerard not dying is very very very disappointing I can't stress this enough.
But apart from that, nice development, the arc haas taken a new departure and will certainly last way longer than I could've predicted.

Sorry for any mistakes and language errors you'll find in this post.

exacta
August 10, 2009, 06:08 PM
Well.....not much happened this chapter. I'd like to get a much better look at Nirvana's true form.

bittman
August 10, 2009, 06:22 PM
Chapter was pretty predictable, minus the fact that Nirvana is a big stone spider tower thing. Always knew Gerard would live.

Anyway: Cobra's facial expressions made me laugh. I don't know why, but they seem over-exaggerated and lol-worthy.

Predict Hoteye will join the fight with them, but Blaine will cancel Nirvana's effect on him and they'll have to battle him anyway.

Also predict Cobra or Midnight will fight them as they climb up the legs whilst Blaine charges his lasers.

Aikidoka
August 10, 2009, 06:23 PM
YES. THANK YOU ERZA. AMEN TO HER SPEECH.

Yeah, you better not die, Gerard you coward. Thinking you can just weasel out of your murders and crimes by taking your pathetic little life. Not happening. FOO'

lonelytaka
August 10, 2009, 07:36 PM
erza vs blaine
natsu vs midnight
if angel alive, vs lucy round 2.
all match is my prediction for chapter 418

Pirulito
August 10, 2009, 07:47 PM
It's hard to read Fairy Tail recently.
VERY HARD!

Chaos Shadow
August 10, 2009, 08:25 PM
an interesting chapter.. i like the fact that mashima didnt take out gray of the arc like he did in the luxus arc :amuse

hongoasdf
August 10, 2009, 09:25 PM
Hmmm... I expected Blaine to put out the self destructive magic on Nirvana, but him being someone who developed magic, not to mention teaching Gerard? Ohhh... I'm starting to like the leader of Oración Seis.

Anyways, the rest was pretty much predictable... Gerard lives, wants to redeem himself due to Erza's comment, joins Fairy Tail, etcetc.

Although quite predictable, I certainly did not expect Nirvana to be a giant spder-like structure. Will it have any further purpose, other tha movilizing Nirvana's align switching magic? And what happened with the (alive) members of Blue Pegasus? (I mean Hibiki and Ichiya).

I have to say, after the disappointing development of the last few chapters, this one seems quite acceptable. Except for the fact that Gerard's still alive. bleh.

mr.danly
August 10, 2009, 09:30 PM
Hmmm... I expected Blaine to put out the self destructive magic on Nirvana, but him being someone who developed magic, not to mention teaching Gerard? Ohhh... I'm starting to like the leader of Oración Seis.

Anyways, the rest was pretty much predictable... Gerard lives, wants to redeem himself due to Erza's comment, joins Fairy Tail, etcetc.

Although quite predictable, I certainly did not expect Nirvana to be a giant spder-like structure. Will it have any further purpose, other tha movilizing Nirvana's align switching magic? And what happened with the (alive) members of Blue Pegasus? (I mean Hibiki and Ichiya).

I have to say, after the disappointing development of the last few chapters, this one seems quite acceptable. Except for the fact that Gerard's still alive. bleh.

for some reason, I was expecting nirvana to be smaller. MUCH smaller. I was thinking it was a staff or something, not howl's moving castle version 2. Moving castle idea is slightly lame, since he used it already for the base of the Phantom Lord guild.

LoS
August 10, 2009, 09:30 PM
It's hard to read Fairy Tail recently.
VERY HARD!

you are not joking. I am just trying to find one reason, one reason, to continue reading this story.

Blaine being like im uber smart, well why the hell did you look so dumb for 4 straight chapters after Gerard blasted your ass and your OS members got defeated. Pretty foolish/hypocritical storytelling.

ssj4jw
August 10, 2009, 09:35 PM
LOL!! Ezra called Gerald ugly. Even the scanlators had to comment on that.

D. Hawk
August 11, 2009, 12:58 AM
Man, it would be better if Gerard had died (and gone forever) on the arc of Aetherion. Pathetic villain.

cleodux
August 11, 2009, 01:42 AM
Whatever is it i do find it is hard to read the chapter recently, 1 minute you see someone back to life, another one he is going to die. oh wait... he is going to live now... i swear if Mashima is going to killed of Gerard after this arc 'again', i really have no intention of following this story anymore. Too much heart attack.

Just to make my stand clear, i am a fan of Gerard x Erza, so whatever mushy thing their dialog is i still like it.

Looks like everyone who still have stamina left climb over nirvana. And it seems like the arc will last a little longer. Now guess, who will fight with who.

Ustegius
August 11, 2009, 02:58 AM
Deparment of developement of magic... Horrible Harry Potter flashback there...

I'm also annoyed by the fact that everyone dies, and then doesn't die, but then die again, but in reality they didn't... BLARGH!

Unlucky Boy
August 11, 2009, 03:07 AM
Gerard dies everyone screams "lame!"
Gerard doesnt die eveyone screams "lame!"
lol I guess people just hate anything with Gerard in it. I personaly didnt mind about what happened. I did get a bit annoyed however with the return of Lyon without any flashback of how he had survived the blast.

It's disappointing that Lyon and Cherie wont join the last fights, Cherie turned out to be the most useless mage ever! But maybe those 2 are staying down in order to later release Ichiyama (cant believe he's still tied up...).

cleodux
August 11, 2009, 03:26 AM
lol I guess people just hate anything with Gerard in it. I personaly didnt mind about what happened. I did get a bit annoyed however with the return of Lyon without any flashback of how he had survived the blast.

It's disappointing that Lyon and Cherie wont join the last fights, Cherie turned out to be the most useless mage ever! But maybe those 2 are staying down in order to later release Ichiyama (cant believe he's still tied up...).

Yeah Leon even got back his jacket lol while Gray stays naked. About Cherie, i don't mind, i think most girls mage either having a weird magic or yeah... simply just useless (this is not apply to main chars, or kick ass antagonist). She is kind of redundant if she join the others in Nirvana 2nd act.

hyn_pride93
August 11, 2009, 03:40 AM
Finally the Fairy Tail group is together again. The only part of this chapter that I didn't amaze me at all was Nirvana.

Hopefully in the next chapter, we will get to see more action. Primarily from Erza and Gerard.

Aikyet
August 11, 2009, 04:50 AM
Somehow, I can't force myself to think of Gerard as of a villain. He lacks something for that. What? Don't really know.
This guy has lived his life as good as he could. He wasn't too great at that. But who is?
I suppose I should pity Gerard. Or is he to awful of a character for that?

Walkking castleof Nirvana? Not the best decision, but I will stay and watch.

lonelytaka
August 11, 2009, 06:09 AM
i think blaine no use of gerard, he will use his dark magic to awake nirvana. now gerard is useless, empty handed.

Maledicente
August 11, 2009, 10:16 AM

What do you expect? He is the lamest character on the whole manga (his reason for being a villain is because he got tricked into thinking he was possessed by the ghost of an ancient villain, lol) whose only purpose appears to be making Erza look less sexy and more emo (VERY LAME!) which is itself a very good reason for him to disapear from the manga if you ask me. Even his ressurection have no clear reason if you think about it.

Go to hell and stay there Gerard(s)! Stop ruining the manga!!!

Unlucky Boy
August 11, 2009, 10:39 AM
What do you expect? He is the lamest character on the whole manga (his reason for being a villain is because he got tricked into thinking he was possessed by the ghost of an ancient villain, lol)
How can he be a lame villain if he's not really a villain at all? He was manipulated by Urtear's power (and not just thinking he's possesed). I actually like the TOP arc and I cant find anything wrong with that plot.

whose only purpose appears to be making Erza look less sexy and more emo (VERY LAME!) which is itself a very good reason for him to disapear from the manga if you ask me.
IMO Erza is the least sexy female character in this manga to begin with (well maybe second to Polyushku). Her relationship with Gerard is the only thing that shows another side of her and makes her interesting.

Even his ressurection have no clear reason if you think about it.
Finding Nirvana and the revelation of his connection to Wendy are good enough for me

Maledicente
August 11, 2009, 11:06 AM
They never needed him to find nirvana. Not with all this "I know everything" vibe going on arround Blaine/Brain. If I correctly recall they only decided to use Gerard after knowing about Wendy and thinking that since he was evil and they are evil they should be friends (!!??). Gerard's conection with Wendy was just a lame excuse for her to cure him.

The only thing that wasn't lame about him was his death (the first one) but the mangaka made sure he didn't even have this last thread of dignity.

Unlucky Boy
August 11, 2009, 11:29 AM
They never needed him to find nirvana. Not with all this "I know everything" vibe going on arround Blaine/Brain. If I correctly recall they only decided to use Gerard after knowing about Wendy and thinking that since he was evil and they are evil they should be friends (!!??). Gerard's conection with Wendy was just a lame excuse for her to cure him.

No... http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/136/20/

And I greatly doubt the OS which its members claim to be able to destroy a whole guild by themselfs needs friends lol

Solfy
August 11, 2009, 11:39 AM
Thought I had to register and post something after reading all that Gerard hate.

That guy is pure awesomeness. I mean, him and Erza are the main reason I still read that stuff.

They did need him to find Nirvana. I wonder what made you think of the contrary. They already had him in his coffin somewhere. That, or Racer got a Gerard-in-coma radar o'matic.

He's anything but lame, makes me think of the tortured romantic hero. And hell, isn't he like, an hell of a beast ? I mean, he's one of the Ten Holy Great Mages and it took Natsu + Aetherion (which is easily the most powerful magic evaaaar) to take him down. And even after, that, Natsu was even more in a bad shape than him.

I say, the purpose of Mashima giving him amnesia is clear here. He'd wtfpwn all the Oracion Seis with ease.

Maledicente
August 11, 2009, 11:41 AM
I forgot Oración 6 went to the supposed location of nirvana with all those resources (other guilds etc.) and only hoped to find somebody to guide them to the spell... I guess all the villains in this manga are lame after all. Actualy the whole plot seems lame at this moment.

Anyway I don't even like this series. I decided to read only to check the hype. Won't be arround here anymore. Bye.

Pirulito
August 11, 2009, 12:47 PM
@Unlucky Boy: Dude, Gerard isn't totally necessary first of all. He was a viable option due to the fact that OS has found Wendy. In other words, the storyline could flow without him easily. He isn't primordial.

Second point: It is quite pathetic when you see a mangaka acting as a lame fanboy before his fav char. Anyone here who read Rave understand what I'm saying.. Gerard is being another Sieghart. God, where is the creativity?

Third point: Erza isn't a character anymore.

And, yes, OS needs friends.. if they didn't need they would be out from Ballam Alliance.

Unlucky Boy
August 11, 2009, 01:25 PM
I never said they couldnt had found Nirvana w/o Gerard but who knows how much time it would take them. and with the light guilds on their tails... Nirvana probably wouldnt be found at all. They kept Gerard for a reason and you can see that when Braine thinks of him as soon as he meets Wendy.

We have yet to see the relationships inside the Ballam alliance. As far as I can see Grimoire Heart are using OS as a tool to distract FT and the rest while they're looking for the keys of the Zeref seal. GH seems to be the leading force of this alliance, they might even enforced the other 2 to join them.
Anyway even if they are in need of friends it wouldnt be someone like Gerard which they disrespect so much. Blaine himself called him pathetic several times.

I think the problem with most Gerard haters is that you see him as Sieghart (and I dont know why, they are completley different except for their look).
Gerard was meant to be an important character from the beginning. He wont die, at least untill very late in the manga. Since the first chapters he made comments about Natsu, DS magic, Igneel and the dragons. He is also connected somehow to the main plot.

Solfy
August 11, 2009, 02:19 PM
Indeed. Gerard regaining his memories will play a major part in the overall plot imo.

ghostexiled
August 11, 2009, 05:24 PM
It is very understandable and acceptable for each one of us to have our opinions of what is taking place in FT. :)

However, there is no reason to post anything on here that does NOT have anything to do with what is currently going on... such as whether Gerard is a legit character or not.

If you enjoy the series, then great... but people do not need to hear how it has become bad due to a reintroduction of a character. I fail to see how that is worthy discussion.

Please try and keep the discussion on topic.

Steco
August 11, 2009, 06:17 PM
Did anyone noticed that the scanlation is missing page 11? It doesn't have any words, but it is important, since we can see Ichiya! :p

lonelytaka
August 11, 2009, 09:10 PM
i hope gerard can turn over a new leaf, i think wendy heal gerard mistaken look like mistgun, i think she own mistgun one.

eni
August 12, 2009, 01:23 AM
I really hate it to delete such long posts as I just did but...

If someone is missing a post, you may look at the warning two posts above me. I'm not going to move an offtopic discussion out into a fitting thread, regardless of how detailed it may be, when a moderator post was bluntly ignored like this.

It's not so hard to post a new thread for this or go into the hangout. Just copy the quote from this thread.

LoS
August 12, 2009, 03:10 AM
I mean I don't want to be rude but what on earth are you talking about ^^, if you have deleted some posts what should we avoid. Not really something constructive for the other members if you ask me, I can't see how a post garnering two thankyou's is something worth a warning, if indeed that is the post of course?

Solfy
August 12, 2009, 03:46 AM
i hope gerard can turn over a new leaf, i think wendy heal gerard mistaken look like mistgun, i think she own mistgun one.

That just can't be, or Mashima just f*cked up the plot again. Wendy clearly said that the boy who saved her was Gerard. She gave his name, I can't see how it can be somebody else than him.

ghostexiled
August 12, 2009, 12:51 PM
I mean I don't want to be rude but what on earth are you talking about ^^, if you have deleted some posts what should we avoid. Not really something constructive for the other members if you ask me, I can't see how a post garnering two thankyou's is something worth a warning, if indeed that is the post of course?

eni was saying the warning (which I wrote) that was 2 post before her post... not the 2 post in front of hers...

eni is also referring to the fact that a few members were contributing nothing to further the discussion on what is currently taking place in FT. Instead their post were of nothing but Gerard and Mashima bashing. I posted up the page for members to please stop and then a few members decided to ignore my post and continue with making list as to why Gerard was cool and not cool...

All we ask is too please only discusses the current chapters/ arc. Not to come in here and post on how you think so and so is crap. Cool?

If you guys wish to vent/ discuss your thoughts on certain characters or whatever, please go to the appropriate thread for that. If there is not one, then one can be created. :)

Or in other words: If you don't know what I was talking about then you didn't have any deleted post ^^

Unlucky Boy
August 12, 2009, 02:49 PM
So...back to the chapter...

Next chapter I hope to see some fights again. I think Cobra is going down next, he seems to be the weakest of the 3 evil OS left. I wonder who's going to battle him though... Erza and Gerard seems like a probable option but I wouldnt like to see them waste on someone like Cobra...Maybe Jura and Hoteye, I dont see them beating Midnight or Braine.

kkck
August 12, 2009, 03:35 PM
The chapter was interesting but overall not as good as a few of the ones that came befre it. I guess that is because it was mostly a chapter meant to set up an scenario rather than an action one.

The development with gerard makes no sense IMO. How is it that someone with no memories s able to track nirvana and intinctively knos that he has to destroy it? It´s as if gereard feels only guilt and sadness even though he does not know why. In a way gerard has turned into the emo every real emo dreams of being.

What I found most baffling about this chapter was gerards connection to blaine.
http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/147/07/
Unless the translaton is wrng, gerard didn´t only know blaine but also learned magic from hm. Even though gerard spent 8 years building TOP, he apparently got the chance to met wendy and blaine. I really want to know what exactly is the backstory with this guy given that he seems to have done quite a bit and influenced the story in more ways than what we could possibly know. Too bad for the gerard haters lol.

ghostexiled
August 12, 2009, 03:59 PM
well didn't Gerard say that he only knew about Nirvana because a voice in his head told him about it, right?

kkck
August 12, 2009, 04:09 PM
well didn't Gerard say that he only knew about Nirvana because a voice in his head told him about it, right?

That´s even weirder lol. I was thnking, could gerard still be being manipulated by urtear?

Unlucky Boy
August 12, 2009, 04:19 PM
That´s even weirder lol. I was thnking, could gerard still be being manipulated by urtear?

I wont be surprised. She might even had done it to eliminate OS. She also could be the one that speard the rumor about them looking for nirvana.

Another option is Anima...whatever that is

hongoasdf
August 13, 2009, 01:53 AM
Meh, anything you can't explain in manga, such as Gerards behaviour despite his memory loss, can be explained by just adding the proper energy source, and it instantly becomes totally plausible. Chakra in Naruto, Ki in DBZ, Magic in Fairy Tail. We don't need a complete psychological explaination of why did Gerard act the way he did... just think it's "Magic". Trust me; These "energies" work like jokers for manga authors.

Anyways, back on topic... Am I the only one thinking Cobra will have role bigger than his comrades? I mean... I suppose he was introduced earlier because of something, no?

... Now that I think about it, no. He may just be fodder... but Mashima could use his early introduction to justify any major plot development produced by Cobra. That, or he could just you know, kill him next, and the introduction was because he didn't have the other character designs ready or whatever.

So... Angel's not dead, but she won't be coming to fight anymore... she's far away from where the action's taking place now. That leaves only Brain, Cobra, Midnight, and quite possibly Hoteye. Though he makes me laugh, I don't like him as a "good" character. Brain's probably got a way of countering Nirvana. He seems pretty knowledgeable about different kinds of magic.

I'm wondering though... how is Ichiya supposed to get up there? For all we know, he's still captured... and if his only role for this arc was soothing everyone's pain after they were ravaged by OS in their initial assault, I'll be very dissapointed in this character. Erza did mention he was a great mage, though, so I have no doubt we'll see him in action soon enough.

Midnight still kicks ass, Eve, Ren and Racer are still dead (?), and now the battle's moving to ontop a spider-like structure... reminds me of Wild Wild West. I like where this arc is going. It'd be better with less Gerard stuff, but it's still pretty good.

lonelytaka
August 13, 2009, 08:17 AM
cobra vs gray
natsu vs midnight
angel vs lucy round 2
erza vs blaine

kkck
August 13, 2009, 09:59 AM
I would think erza would want payback from cobra though. Also, I seriously doubt any individual member of a light guild could defeat an oracion 6 on his own lol.

cleodux
August 13, 2009, 11:05 AM
I thought Brain/Blaine already guessed that Gerard though uncouncious, somehow listen to his conversation with Racer. That is why Gerard said something like"someone talking in my head". So if he lost memories become emo bla bla bla i think he reverted to his nature (back when he has not been corrupted) so of course instinctly thought that Nirvana is a very dangerous weapon hence going to destroy it.

I don't know if a battle is going to start on next chapter, my guess will be NatsuxGrayxLucy will meet Midnight onced thet got on the bigger platform. GrayxErza againts Brain. Honestly no clue about Cobra lol. Maybe Wendy and Charle vs Cobra lol.

And come to think of it Happy is still on the ground with Hibiki right?

Steco
August 15, 2009, 02:55 PM
Happy is still with Hibiki on the ground(it is shown in the forgotten page 11 =D), probably near Angel, wich by the way is alive and not KOed, making it still possibly for to Lucy to get her keys(remote chance).

Remember that Virgo was Happy who gave to Lucy, and I guess Evaroo wasn't dead, so it's possible...

Azure Kai
August 16, 2009, 01:12 AM
The walking Nirvana reminds me of Baba Yaga's Castle in Soul Eater......
But anyway with Gerard and Brain being in high magic positions before leaving their jobs (i guess?), it sort of makes me wonder if there will be more villains like in the Magic Council plotting against all guilds...
Also since Nirvana now has legs where do you think it will go? I'm guessing it'll go to Magnolia Town~

Aikidoka
August 16, 2009, 12:09 PM
I'm sort of glad that the two Blue Pegasus fodder were killed/removed from the equation. When the characters were initially introduced I felt like it would be hard to give all of the characters - the good and the bad - proper screentime since there were so many.

Ero-Sanji
August 16, 2009, 12:35 PM
Gérard vs Brain/Blaine
Erza vs Cobra
Natsu and Wendy vs Midnight

Lucy and Gray will probably go on a mission to destroy some device and the Soft and Hard duo will probably do the same...

lonelytaka
August 17, 2009, 01:18 AM
Gérard vs Brain/Blaine
Erza vs Cobra
Natsu and Wendy vs Midnight

Lucy and Gray will probably go on a mission to destroy some device and the Soft and Hard duo will probably do the same...

wendy don't know how to fight.

Ero-Sanji
August 17, 2009, 03:37 AM
Duh^^

She has support magic...

Steco
August 17, 2009, 11:42 AM
148 RAW here on Manga Helpers, I'll comment the chapter later on the 148 discussion page...

BTW, sexy chapter.

hongoasdf
August 17, 2009, 01:26 PM
Spoiler tags until official thread is created (For great justice)

Lol at Ichiya. And hey, an airborne battle between Cobra and Natsu. Who would've ever thought of that.

I wonder what is it Wendy saw at the end of the chapter. Was it something in the landscape? Or perhaps it was... Midnight (dun dun duuuuuuun)

Awaiting translation.

Unlucky Boy
August 17, 2009, 01:57 PM
Wendy and Charle are saying that the giant spider city is walking toward their guild cait shelter. I wonder why is that...

Ero-Sanji
August 17, 2009, 02:02 PM
To make the members go evil ofc.. But the airborn fight was interesting but it won't last long, Natsu will fall down any minute and Cobra will return to Blaine.

Chocolove77
August 17, 2009, 02:05 PM
Small summary for those who can't wait to understand what's going on:

As you can see Natsu becomes sick and collapses because Nirvana is a transportation. Happy catches him in mid air and they fly to the top.
Cobra:"blahblah we did it Brain! Nirvana is ours!"
He refers to Nirvana as the "ancients' legacy" and then as "the city of the ancients" which is nirvana's true form.
Brain says he want to become the king of darkness and that all he needs to do now is to move Nirvana wherever he wants.

Cobra asks where he wants to go first.
Brain replies:"Where my target is: a certain guild" then he says something like: "I told you I wanted to start by changing the light" (I don't really understand what that means)
Natsu shows up!
We learn that Cobra's snake name is Kyuvelios and it's a flying snake with bat wings (I personaly thinks it's Awesome and very original)
Cobra has the upper hand because his inner voice tells him all about Natsu's weaknesses (transportation), he can predict happy's moves and he knows Happy can't fly with natsu endlessly.
So basically, when Happy can no longer carry Natsu, the fight will be over.
Natsu tries to target Brain but he is stopped.

Sharuru and Wendy are freaking out because Nirvana is heading toward their guild Cat Shelter.

Ero-Sanji
August 17, 2009, 05:55 PM
This will get tough for Natsu, cause the whole battlefield is moving...

EDIT: And this went from a dull Gérard moment to something big or perhaps I should say Huge. This arc could be the beginning of a large mess of broken Guilds.

I mean the council is gone and now the light guilds will suffer huge losses if this goes on...

lonelytaka
August 17, 2009, 07:20 PM
finally cobra vs natsu battle in the sky
midnight vs ?
prediction lucy vs angel round 2
and prediction erza vs blaine
hot eye vs ?

Kravmaga
August 17, 2009, 09:05 PM
finally cobra vs natsu battle in the sky
midnight vs ?
prediction lucy vs angel round 2
and prediction erza vs blaine
hot eye vs ?

I'd love to see jura and hoteye pull something hilariously awesome against blaine...
That said, any amount of action involving erza, I can only approve!

Also, as much as this has slipped under my radar, I wonder what kind of effects the awakened nirvana would have on the recently redeemed luxus, or his old man for that matter; like hoteye, his father seems to be right on the edge being motivated by greed and such...

Unlucky Boy
August 17, 2009, 11:38 PM
I'm surprised Nirvana isnt really a magic you can obtain and use at your will, you have to be on top of it to control it...Is Blaine planning on living the rest of his life on Nirvana? lol...

I wonder why Blaine has a grudge against Cait Shelter... thats the guild we know the least about, the only memeber from there introduced so far is Wendy. Maybe it has something to do with him knowing Wendy.

In Wendy's memory It was near Cait Shelter that Gerard sensed Anima. I wonder if it will show up sooner or later in this arc. Gerard might have a bigger rule in this arc if so...