PDA

View Full Version : Chapter One Piece 552 Discussion/553 Predictions Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3

Dofla
July 23, 2009, 10:55 PM
If you haven't seen the goodies yet, you can check them out in the Spoiler Pics & Summaries (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1475514#post1475514) thread. This is where you can discuss all about them. But remember no spamming.

But remember: NO SPOILERS OUTSIDE THE SPOILER THREADS. This rule will be strictly enforced. Please respect those that don't want to be spoiled. Thanks.

The raw is out Here (http://mangahelpers.com/m/one-piece/chapters/552).

Sachsenhesse
July 28, 2009, 04:28 AM
holla does i get it right, that flamingo has opened the doors of justice and does he made plans with blackbeard?

ngsertar
July 28, 2009, 04:34 AM
holla does i get it right, that flamingo has opened the doors of justice and does he made plans with blackbeard?

Sounds plausible. I always felt some conection between them. I got the feeling they are related by their way of clothes or style, i dunno. Just my opinion.
The waiting has begun. Damn i cant take it any more xD

Flashig
July 28, 2009, 04:41 AM
don flamingo cooperating with blackbeard? really exciting..
It seems that the war is really going to start... awesome!
and okama is also mentioned in the context but in reference with which happening?

gomu_gomu_man
July 28, 2009, 04:42 AM
hmmmm,..... i cant understand any word there... but is it true flaminingo help opening the gate of justice?? if it's true may b he just want to fight with white bread as soon as he can... may b...

Lord Rayleigh
July 28, 2009, 04:43 AM
Don Flamingo seems to be the guy that really enjoys what was going to happen and was really impatient. I guess he has used his powers to make the marine open the doors of justice of MHQ.
As we have seen, the WB side does not seem to have used the doors to come to MHQ, then, it is probably not for them he has done that.
I guess, it must be for BB : BB wants to come back with what (or who) he was looking for at ID. BB will probably open the doors of justice of ID by himself but he needs the doors of justice of MHQ to be opened to quickly come back by the tarai current.
As the WB armada and allies are already in MHQ, the marine will probably not try to understand what is happening in the room controling the doors of justice of MHQ and focus on the battle that is beginning.

Ustegius
July 28, 2009, 04:53 AM
Can't get much out of it, but it does mention Marco several times, and Whitebeard dying due to old wound. Also Akainu interactiong with Sengoku. Also mention of Moria, Absalom, Hogback, Doflamingo and BB doing something. And Flamingo having his evil laugh. Also, if I'm correct, brief mentions of Mihawk, Boa, Smoker, Momonga and the Giants.

Mainly based on babel fish trans, I barely know any japanese.

hamad138
July 28, 2009, 04:54 AM
I need to cook now, but I hurry
Blackbeard waits and I think he watches from another place.
DoFlamingo steps towards Whitebeard. Maybe the Shichibukai will fight Whitebeard.
And (perhaps) the other pirates are only for freeing Ace(it doesnt say,its my theory).
Whitebeard is injured much (old wound) and is about to die soon (his nurse says)...

More to come after cooking.

yes but flamingo has no chance against whitebeard he need all the Marines to battle him.. Alone he will just pissed off, whitebeard will kill him..

happy GIN smily
July 28, 2009, 04:56 AM
looks like i underestimated Flamingo. to me he was allways just a stupid cannonfodder-shichibukai

i have never estimated that he could be an allie of BB.
especially since both have nothing incommon

Lord.Strife
July 28, 2009, 04:58 AM
Whoever thinks wb will die pat yourselves on the back cause it basically been confirmed. WB is the type who would rather go out with a bang than die normally. This chapter is looking good hope we see some luffy.

this week lets see if we can get 1000 posts.

Yans86
July 28, 2009, 04:59 AM
Wow wow wow,the outcome are becoming great!!!!!!
I won't be surprised if this war will end with Wb death,Marine fall,and the rise of 2/3 huge pirate badass alliance.One leaded from BB,Do Flamingo and the evil foe....with maybe Kaidou....and another leaded by Ace and Luffy,with the backup of Shanks and the other Yonkou(Lola's mom???)....

Flashig
July 28, 2009, 04:59 AM
first pics are out... but the dont show us really the content of the chapter... seems like fake pics..

Lord Rayleigh
July 28, 2009, 05:00 AM
What about these two pics we just got ? Are they false ?
It seems Luffy is crushed by a big hammer and some pirate ships are cut in two (Mihawk ?).

nillut
July 28, 2009, 05:02 AM
Luffy smashed into a pancake :D It kind of looks like Usopps hammer from Alabasta.

Yans86
July 28, 2009, 05:02 AM
Massive slaughter from Mihawk would be awesome :-D!!!!and having him slaughtering the marines alongside fodder pirate would become even better :-P
Guess who's gonna face him seen that in 1 VS 1 he is not inferior to Shanks :-P(at least as a swoordman),as a fighter we can't know..

Punky fish
July 28, 2009, 05:05 AM
The pics are so fake.
And since the last spoiler text hasn't been confirmed, I'd call it fake too. Too much Moria and Absalom. .....I'll be really surprised if it turns out to be true. But the first text is ok.

Lord.Strife
July 28, 2009, 05:10 AM
What about these two pics we just got ? Are they false ?
It seems Luffy is crushed by a big hammer and some pirate ships are cut in two (Mihawk ?).

whaaaaat crushed by a hammer. Whos hammer and this makes luffy seem crap.

Seems fake

Lord Rayleigh
July 28, 2009, 05:23 AM
Yeah, I think so.
First of all, the pirate ship that is cut does not look special while Oda has drawn special design for each pirate ship in the 551th chapter.
Secondly, why would Luffy be already crushed by a big broken hammer knowing that the doors of justice have just opened ?

patz
July 28, 2009, 05:27 AM
From the last spoilers (don't know if it's fake), BB went to ID to get Roger's body and Moria tries to use Roger's body to have the best zombie. This is crazy.

Flashig
July 28, 2009, 05:35 AM
the second pic is a real bad fake! look, this scene was in the romance dawn, the recent "version" of one piece, where ruffy smashed a ship for the first time -> http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/0/46-47/

nillut
July 28, 2009, 05:35 AM
Yeah, I think so.
First of all, the pirate ship that is cut does not look special while Oda has drawn special design for each pirate ship in the 551th chapter.
Secondly, why would Luffy be already crushed by a big broken hammer knowing that the doors of justice have just opened ?

The boat pic is probably just cut off a bit. We don't really see anything but water, the hull and some sails. I agree Luffy getting crushed seems a little too soon but hell, it's Oda, who knows what's going to happen?

Tomgoood01
July 28, 2009, 05:37 AM
As the text describes i think that Moria Sengoku and Flamingo are all three after white Beard not sure all at the same time or taking turns. But if they do go all at once i wonder how White Beard will make out? Even for WB that triple combo is overwhelming.

Lord Rayleigh
July 28, 2009, 05:38 AM
WTF ?!
If that is really true, that will indeed shock the world to see a Roger zombie. The question is whose shadow would fit Roger ?
That also would mean the marine has kept Roger's body intact.

Haros
July 28, 2009, 05:49 AM
the first picture is fake (probably the second one also). Oda does the !!! differently

Dim
July 28, 2009, 05:55 AM
Maybe ace's soul- or even adying white beards soul!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
seems like the shibukai have a plan of there own- a bit crazy if you ask me like too much
whitebeard has ruished out by himself and Marco is ordering for everyone to back him up???
and blackbeard arriving already? with rogers body seems a bit sudden- still think he'll use laftie's wings or wateva.
regardless why would BB help moria be stronger, why would flamingo be part of it as well
they dotn seem to be charecters who would help each other unless there is alot more in it for each of them!

but ressurecting GOLDROGER with whitebeards soul lol that would be a twist to the max or even his ow sons ace lol wtffffffff

i said it form the start luff's ultimate fight would be fighting ROGERS ghost not much more piratey than that :) guess we'll see if it confirmed!

Flashig
July 28, 2009, 05:57 AM
Refering to the last spoiler text of nja, whitebeard has the ability to do earthquakes? that would be the most majestatic paramecia devil fruit!!

Yans86
July 28, 2009, 06:03 AM
From the last spoilers (don't know if it's fake), BB went to ID to get Roger's body and Moria tries to use Roger's body to have the best zombie. This is crazy.

This is Sparta!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
F**K F**k F***k!!!!!!!!!
I love Oda,he is like F*****g good wine,every chapters he keeps getting better!!!!!DAMN!!!!WTF WTF WTF!!!!!!!we should make a Worldwide Oscar of the manga and give him at least 4 oscar for best manga,best plot,best twist,craziest characters!!!!

Underpowered
July 28, 2009, 06:07 AM
Refering to the last spoiler text of nja, whitebeard has the ability to do earthquakes? that would be the most majestatic paramecia devil fruit!!

OMG I hope so. I'd be really sad if he had some logia.

Tomgoood01
July 28, 2009, 06:09 AM
also Akinaru ablilty has to do something with tsunami or able to stop the tsunami caused by the earthquake but akinaru's ablily is revealed!!!

Dim
July 28, 2009, 06:27 AM
i understood that white beard was going to make a tsunami or soemoen he brought, and that even aokoji couldnt stop it! and that it would take red dog too long to stop it!

luki luffy is with the best swimmer :p alot of devil fruits are going to be drowining :p

looks like whitebeard is plannign on dying :(

sarutobi_sensei
July 28, 2009, 06:32 AM
Maybe ace's soul- or even adying white beards soul!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
seems like the shibukai have a plan of there own- a bit crazy if you ask me like too much
whitebeard has ruished out by himself and Marco is ordering for everyone to back him up???
and blackbeard arriving already? with rogers body seems a bit sudden- still think he'll use laftie's wings or wateva.
regardless why would BB help moria be stronger, why would flamingo be part of it as well
they dotn seem to be charecters who would help each other unless there is alot more in it for each of them!

but ressurecting GOLDROGER with whitebeards soul lol that would be a twist to the max or even his ow sons ace lol wtffffffff

i said it form the start luff's ultimate fight would be fighting ROGERS ghost not much more piratey than that :) guess we'll see if it confirmed!

:| I didn't read any of that but damn if it's true it's fucking sick!

I loved the spoilers :D

Yans86
July 28, 2009, 06:34 AM
WB is the man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If he really cause a Tsunami now we can understand why SenGoku needed JINBEI!!!!probably he is the only one that can counter it!!!!!and he is not even fighting........F**K!!!!WB is awesome!can't imagine how strong Roger was :-P

sindergi
July 28, 2009, 06:38 AM
Wow - WB the quakeman.
A tsunami is really cool and especially dangerous for df-user since they cant swim :D

Yans86
July 28, 2009, 06:40 AM
50 thousand marines are out of the count,cause Mister EarthQUAKE WB caused a TSUNAMI!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm too young to die watching this chapter!!!!!Oda you r sick!

Zehahaha
July 28, 2009, 06:41 AM
WB is God guys :p
Oh man, i never expected that WB is a fruit user, and I can't wait to see Akainu too

sarutobi_sensei
July 28, 2009, 06:48 AM
Being able to cause tsunamis? OMFG

l!nk
July 28, 2009, 06:49 AM
omg this is amazing. i mean seriously.. this is :O

i had to register just to make this post lol. whitebeard is amazing. i love this chapter.

Lord Rayleigh
July 28, 2009, 07:00 AM
50 thousand elite marines beaten so quickly with a single attack : WB is more dangerous than the ancient weapons :p
I would have never thought he was a DF user. And he is said to have the power to destroy the planet with his attacks !
We understand now why he can have harsh words towards Rockstar, the 94 million wanted red-hair pirate.

Lord.Strife
July 28, 2009, 07:05 AM
Ohh i am confused. I am asumming that the shit about BB is fake. Also think whitebeards powers are exagerated destroying the world i can't believe. If WB has such a great power how the hell did roger fight him.

I am also wondering if their is a way for haki to suppress the seas effect on a devil uses. Could help luffy alot.

Lord Rayleigh
July 28, 2009, 07:06 AM
Does the marine really lose 50 thousand men : it depends if Aka Inu was able to stop the second wave of the tsunami ?

sindergi
July 28, 2009, 07:10 AM
Does the marine really lose 50 thousand men : it depends if Aka Inu was able to stop the second wave of the tsunami ?

yes - if we assume that the spoilers are correct then he has not the power to stop the second wave like aokiji and then the marines lost 50k men.

Kentaro
July 28, 2009, 07:11 AM
maybe there will be a cliffhanger at the end of the chapter if akainu will be able to stop it or not, though i doubt that oda would just kill 50000 marines like that

sindergi
July 28, 2009, 07:14 AM
maybe there will be a cliffhanger at the end of the chapter if akainu will be able to stop it or not, though i doubt that oda would just kill 50000 marines like that

They dont have to be dead - just wash away so that they no more able to fight....and they are "normal" marines - no df-users - they should be able to swim :D..this is oda and oda didnt like to kill people in his manga.

Lord Rayleigh
July 28, 2009, 07:15 AM
Ohh i am confused. I am asumming that the shit about BB is fake. Also think whitebeards powers are exagerated destroying the world i can't believe. If WB has such a great power how the hell did roger fight him.
If it is Sengoku's words, it must be true.
And remember than the clash between Shanks and WB weapons cut the sky in two. If WB uses all his powers (DF + strenght), I guess he should be able to cut the ground really deeply and thus, destroy the planet.

Muzzabuzza
July 28, 2009, 07:16 AM
Two tsunamis to attack the marines? And WB seems even stronger than before...
Is it me or WB really leads the war even though it just started?

Lord Rayleigh
July 28, 2009, 07:19 AM
Two tsunamis to attack the marines?
No, it is rather one tsunami in the form of two giant waves of water.

Zehahaha
July 28, 2009, 07:23 AM
Well well... Ace is truly a little bastard lol
Trying to kill WB when he was in his ship, and even dueling him... Well I guess it's normal...

Muzzabuzza
July 28, 2009, 07:23 AM
No, it is rather one tsunami in the form of two giant waves of water.

oO Seems like the same thing to me but never mind

Can't wait for the first pics to come out....

Idol
July 28, 2009, 07:31 AM
Spoiler Tradotto in ITA

Source: Juin Jutsu Team
Credit: Emissario81
Verification: Confermato

-Miniavventure di Chopper, Chopper sta per essere mangiato.
-Rufy sapeva che il padre di Ace era Roger, sembra che GArp lo avesse informato di tutto fin da quando era picccolo.
-flashback di Ace, si ricorda della sua gratitudine verso Shanks che ha aiutato Rufy da piccolo, si ricorda del momento in cui ha cominciato a considerare BB come padre, dei 5 giorni di duello con Jinbei, si ricorda del momento in cui BN tradì BB.
-a questo proposito c'è una parte di spoiler non chiara, potrebbe essere che la decisione di inseguire BN sia partita da Ace e non sia stato un ordine di BB (ma su questo punto occorrerà aspettare conferme)
-Barbabianca attacca, il suo potere causa due fortissime ondatae
-Sengoku dice che il potere di BB è quello di causare terremoti
-la sua forza è tale da poter scombussolare il mondo intero
-le onde stanno per abbattersi sul quartier generale ma da un lato Aokiji, dall'altro Akainu usano i loro poteri per fermarle
-lo spoileratore non ha ben chiaro quale sia il potere di Akainu

barbabianca ha il frutto gura gura ossia è un uomo terremoto

piccola correzione

bb lancia 2 tsunami di cui uno viene bloccato da aokiji e il secondo viene stoppato da akainu e se nn fosse stato cosi sarebbe schiattati 50000 marine

Organizized
July 28, 2009, 07:42 AM
Ace was an alternative for the Shichibukai once? Was that so that the world government could get closer to him and capture him or was it perhaps before they found out about his father? In any case, that's awesome. :p

Damnit, I'm still confused whether Akainu has or does not have the power to stop the second wave. In the most recent spoiler it says "would have lost 50 thousand men if Akainu didn't stop it".. Doesn't that kinda mean he did stopped it and they indeed didn't lose half of their troups? :darn

Yans86
July 28, 2009, 07:46 AM
Stopped it or not,WB is a F****n power house!2admirals to stop 1 attack????and I guess he didn't even started to get serious...

◆ T.D.A ◆
July 28, 2009, 07:54 AM
I don't really like how Oda made WB out to be someone who could destroy the world itself, made this DBZ level.

Yans86
July 28, 2009, 08:03 AM
I don't really like how Oda made WB out to be someone who could destroy the world itself, made this DBZ level.

WEll,I don't think we gotta take it literally!the way I see it is that such a power,used to overthrow countries and cities would be enough to destroy the World order,and all there is to it,from governments,to marines,to politics,to economy ecc....ecc.....

Ganzxel
July 28, 2009, 08:04 AM

Yeah, whitebeard does seem to be a bit overpowered but my prediction... he's going to die saving ace but before he died he appointed ace as the new captain of the whitebeard and ask him to be the pirate king. And he'll be the last boss that luffy would to face in the end XD

gesgift
July 28, 2009, 08:08 AM

Enel also had such a power, forgotten? Using electricity in the Blue Sea can be quite aqurate, unless you opponent uses rubber ships or something like that...

Very curious about what BB's up to, and shich WB will go and face WB? Or maybe a direct attack from the Yellow Ape? (Then just use a mirror?)

chess4
July 28, 2009, 08:10 AM
whitebeard is a monster. he washed away 50,000 soldiers with ease.

exacta
July 28, 2009, 08:11 AM
Damn.:blink Whitebeard IS a DF user afterall. I guess Shanks must be also. The Gura Gura no Mi sounds like a Paramecia. Now I'm more interested in Akainu's power. I wanna know exactly how he's trying to stop the tsunami.

I hope Whitebeard is going to fight Sengoku. I'd like to see Sengoku in action too....

M.D.Ace
July 28, 2009, 08:12 AM
its off topic but i jus figured....if WG had the thought that the pirate king would have a son, why dnt they suspect that dragon has one too??

Don Lazy
July 28, 2009, 08:16 AM
I must say i'm a little dissappointed with wb having a df...and one with the power to destroy the world!!! I had high hopes that he is a man who is naturaly strong but i guess one who can split the heavens must be really strong!

monkey D luffy
July 28, 2009, 08:17 AM
i think we can take sengoku's words literally in this case, if he can make earthqukes he can possibly split the earth in half thus destroying the world.

and now we know why the sky split when he and shanks crossed weapons, also this explains his laugh: "gurararara" http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/434/08/

Organizized
July 28, 2009, 08:20 AM
The fact that Whitebeard has a Devil's Fruit makes me think back to chapter one. Why would Shanks be so "against" Devil Fruits saying you can't be a pirate after eating it if the rival of his former captain, the most powerful pirate in the world, is a DF user? Probably just to have an excuse for not taking Luffy with him, but it seemed like he was still honest about not liking it.

Damn. Whitebeard IS a DF user afterall. I guess Shanks must be also.

I don't think so. Partly because of the reason I stated above and partly because we've seen him swim back in his apprentice days AND being in the sea ten years ago. Of course he could have eaten a fruit in that time but it doesn't seem like anything he'd do willingly.

sarutobi_sensei
July 28, 2009, 08:21 AM
Damn.:blink Whitebeard IS a DF user afterall. I guess Shanks must be also. The Gura Gura no Mi sounds like a Paramecia. Now I'm more interested in Akainu's power. I wanna know exactly how he's trying to stop the tsunami.

I hope Whitebeard is going to fight Sengoku. I'd like to see Sengoku in action too....

Meh I'm kinda disapointed that he is but still he's awesome x)

Hmm, Akainu's power's probably related to heat or something.

sanrakusay
July 28, 2009, 08:38 AM
i can imagine WB as one of DOTA heroes ... he is Chief Tauren... EARTH Splitter!! LoL

Rotten The Wizard
July 28, 2009, 08:41 AM
an earthquake man........You know how HANDY than can be in a war?! Just wtf pwn! the front lines Like God Whitebeard is doing

Im getting the feeling Kizaru will be insignificant in this fight lol Afterall he is the weakest admiral. I wanna see Marco and Kizaru go at it! OR Rayleigh step in to finish the job

There is no chance in hell that Rayleigh wont participate in this war. Im gonna jeez my pants when he shows up

Mythsoul
July 28, 2009, 08:43 AM
interesting......WB doing a moses move......lmao......and destrying all those marines...I wonder how will the admirals reply to that......cant wait for more complete spoilers

chess4
July 28, 2009, 09:24 AM
im glad that luffy knows the truth. now whitebeard has cut there forces in half. so as of now the NW pirates has 43 ships vs the 50 marine ships. so they are taen care of. as far as ground troops, the marines still have 50,000 soldiers not including the 5 warlords, the 3 admirals, and sengoku. luffy and his crew are on the way, so maybe buggy changes his mind after he hears luffy tell them ace is gol rogers son

luffy_boy
July 28, 2009, 09:37 AM
an earthquake man........You know how HANDY than can be in a war?! Just wtf pwn! the front lines Like God Whitebeard is doing

Im getting the feeling Kizaru will be insignificant in this fight lol Afterall he is the weakest admiral. I wanna see Marco and Kizaru go at it! OR Rayleigh step in to finish the job

There is no chance in hell that Rayleigh wont participate in this war. Im gonna jeez my pants when he shows up

Give me 1 good reason why kizaru is the weakest of the admirals..

first we don`t even know akainu`s power.
second IMO the all have powers made for different uses..
- kizaru`s is more accurate "i think" and has more speed.
- Aokji has massive attacks which can cover large area`s.

Winlyx-chan
July 28, 2009, 09:51 AM
OMG I just read the spoilers and now I can't wait for the next volume to come out!!! I'm also thrilled to see that Luffy already knows that Ace's father is Roger (though I knew all along that Luffy knew that he and Ace weren't related) However now I am intrested in seeing how Dragon's men will react getting this new info. However I think they will still fight with Luffy (Ace might not be Dragon's son but Luffy still is).

And WB taking out so many marines in one blow is epic!. I have no doubt by the end of this battle WB will either be dead or at least on his death bed. What I want to know is what will happen to Ace at the end of this Arc. I am also getting tired of waiting for 3 'oclock to come. I want to find out once and for all who truly saves Ace. Just because WB and Luffy showed up doesn't mean Ace is out of hell just yet. I have no doubt when the hour for excution comes along that someone will save Ace and stop it. I just don't know who :?bunny

chess4
July 28, 2009, 09:52 AM
in one piece it seems to be more about match ups when it come to fruit users. remember when mr 3 stop magellan. so when it comes to the admirals its probably a toss up.

either way i think whitebeard is about to shine. whitebeard is still sickly. i think luffy and crew will show up just in time to help save ace. whitebeard is going to die if not here by BB's hand

Black Lagoon
July 28, 2009, 09:53 AM
Holy S**T! WB is really awesome. 50.000 marine??
I didn't expected WB being a DF user.

DARK
July 28, 2009, 10:04 AM
Whitebeard is a Devil Fruit user, which already augments to his tremendous power. Luffy knew that Ace and him weren't related, much more so he knew that Ace is Roger's son. But you know Luffy- even if you aren't related by blood, he'll risk his life to save you if you're important to him. Aokiji and Akainu begin to move- hopefully we can see Akainu's Devil Fruit power, if he has one. Blue Pheasant had ice and Yellow Monkey had light. Naturally, Red Dog should have a fire Devil Fruit power.

deffkryz
July 28, 2009, 10:04 AM
You know when Oda stated through I think it was Mihawk that DF powers are nothing special? I kinda feel like this right now once I've read that WB is a DF user... Those two pics were fakes?

Bugzee
July 28, 2009, 10:07 AM
EarthQUAKE MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOO! Shanks = Volcano man??????? i predict so!!!!!

This is gonna be crazy!!!!! Akainu - I knew he would be the most dangerous one to 'keep busy' in all this battle. i think one of the new world pirates will face him , if so, then i hope its the Decalavan Brothers or Wild Knight Doma (he looks cool)!

Sachsenhesse
July 28, 2009, 10:17 AM
jeah never imagined whitebeard to have a devilfruit... i just wanted a strong character without cheatingpower but what a fruit? an earthquake man? holy fucking shit

now we can say, dragon has no windlogia, but the stormfruit :P

volcanofruit... i dont think there is one, actually whitebeard could make some volcanos... ^^

Somehow i see akainu throwing back that wave to whitebeard :/

but fuck, an earthquake man, he is a living catastrophe, haha what ironic fruit giving from oda ^^

the worldgovernment rules the world, but not its most feared weapons, naturecatastrophes, these are controlled by the greatest hindrances :D

llamapie
July 28, 2009, 10:25 AM

it's "jizz"* Btw. >,> Ya I'm still holding out hope. Wouldn't Kizaru's being there mean he beat Rayleigh?
[hr]

EarthQUAKE MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOO! Shanks = Volcano man??????? i predict so!!!!!

This is gonna be crazy!!!!! Akainu - I knew he would be the most dangerous one to 'keep busy' in all this battle. i think one of the new world pirates will face him , if so, then i hope its the Decalavan Brothers or Wild Knight Doma (he looks cool)!

XD Don't think shanks has a fruit, though he could have, but after he lost his arm to that shark.

abnegativ
July 28, 2009, 10:27 AM

!

i dont think that shanks is a fruit user, because he was swimming when he rescued luffy and before he meets luffy, he was fighting equal against mihawk and was also known by whitebeard as a really strong guy.

http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/434/10/

sh4dx
July 28, 2009, 10:27 AM
don't be so sure that sengoku will face wb..back at moby dick when wb talked to shanks he mentioned roger,garp and then sengoku..so maybe we'll see garp's true power

Bugzee
July 28, 2009, 10:36 AM
[QUOTE=but fuck, an earthquake man, he is a living catastrophe, haha what ironic fruit giving from oda[/QUOTE]

LOOOL living catastrophe.. so true!!!

I just think it would be cool if shanks had a volcano df! His ship is lava-like in colour, he wears red and black (the cloak anyway). Just a though anyway after seeing WB DF.

kaizoku king
July 28, 2009, 10:42 AM
wtf akainu couldnt stop a wave, i kno there is a good explanation for this but i was expecting for him to yawn and blow the wave away or something cool not make the marines lose like half of their normal power. but i guess hell make up for it by bringing them back to life or destroyin 3 pirate ships.

akainu could also be thinking that if they do not have the power to protect themselves then then they are not fit to carry out justice and are dead weight.

damane08
July 28, 2009, 10:42 AM
The fact that Whitebeard has a Devil's Fruit makes me think back to chapter one. Why would Shanks be so "against" Devil Fruits saying you can't be a pirate after eating it if the rival of his former captain, the most powerful pirate in the world, is a DF user? Probably just to have an excuse for not taking Luffy with him, but it seemed like he was still honest about not liking it.

I don't think so. Partly because of the reason I stated above and partly because we've seen him swim back in his apprentice days AND being in the sea ten years ago. Of course he could have eaten a fruit in that time but it doesn't seem like anything he'd do willingly.

When did Shanks ever say that you can't be a pirate after eating a devil fruit? Because i'm pretty sure he didn't say anything like that.
Taking into consideration that Shanks has been on countless voyages and HAS met probably countless devil fruit users, how could he possibly say that a person can't be a pirate after eating a devil fruit?
Where do you get ur "so-called " facts?

PaLLl
July 28, 2009, 10:59 AM
huh....
Most Wanted Man - Monkey D. Dragon
Most Strongest man - White Beard
So we actually discovered the secret power of WB....no wonder he's a monster and living devil ))))
Now the most thing I want to know is , what power does Luffys Father has.
I mean if this 2 people are the number 1 problem in the World. it means that there is a reason...

and also as I excepted you need more power to deal with WB + his sons....and don't forget about other pirates and Luffy....
I think we don't need no Shanks and other Forces....i mean it will be to boring to see so many pirates and a small force of marine....1 big fella is enough )

But still I don't believe that WG is that weak ! I still think there has to be people WB lvl......

Moogle Mango
July 28, 2009, 11:09 AM
I don't think it is necessarily the power they wield to be the #1 wanted man. Just look at what Dragon wants to do compared to Whitebeard. Dragon wants to overthrow the govn'ts and that sort. Whitebeard, well I am guessing he wants or wanted to be the pirate king.

Different focus. I think the world govn't is more afraid of Dragon and his influence as a revolutionary, who might or might not be as powerful as Whitebeard.

Bugzee
July 28, 2009, 11:16 AM
You know what, Robin maybe the first person (out of the SH crew) to meet Dragon, since shes with the revolutionary army (not the whole fleet but a group i assume from the cover chapters). Now thats interesting.

I think Rayliegh will intervine in this battle, i cant see shanks or dragon entering this war unless Oda has other plans/ideas.

RichardMNixon
July 28, 2009, 11:24 AM
When did Shanks ever say that you can't be a pirate after eating a devil fruit? Because i'm pretty sure he didn't say anything like that.
Taking into consideration that Shanks has been on countless voyages and HAS met probably countless devil fruit users, how could he possibly say that a person can't be a pirate after eating a devil fruit?
Where do you get ur "so-called " facts?

http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/1/07/

They didn't call WB the strongest man in the world for nothing.

I'm wondering what happened to all the people chanting that WB was no match for all the marines and Schichibukai and would get totally blown away. Still anxiously awaiting Marco and Joz though. I'm expecting VA John Giant to thump down and get OHKO'd by Joz.

gesgift
July 28, 2009, 11:30 AM
WB's DF suits him I think. And I think the spoiler means we won't see yet what Aikanu's power is, and that way we do not yet know what the outcome of WB's attack is. 'Cause the admirals will probably have some intelligence about batteling, and I don't think they will take an attack themselves they know they can't handle (not everyone has T-Bones morale).

Ustegius
July 28, 2009, 11:36 AM
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/1/07/

I have always taken that scene more like Shanks teasing little Luffy, despite at that point there hasn't been any mention of devils fruits. Also, there is the possibility that Shanks had that opinion, 'cause he hadn't found the fruit he wanted, so it's possible he has eaten one afterwards. Though, I myself would prefer him being strong just without DF.

Many have speculated that Akainu has earth/soil/ground logia, so what would be better match up than earthquakeman versus earthman? :D

Moogle Mango
July 28, 2009, 11:42 AM
I'd like to see Shanks not having DF and still be badass.

cachaco99
July 28, 2009, 11:53 AM
whitebeard having a devil fruit is no surprise.

shanks and mihawk on the other hand would be better if they didnt have devil fruits. they wouldnt need them anyways cuz they are both swordsmen. so far no swordsman in one piece has a need for devil fruits cuz their weapons are swords

akainu's power might be a let down if he cant stop the tsunami but maybe he's a zoan type which would explain why he cant. if he cant stop the tsunami it doesnt mean akainu is weak
[hr]
but think about this - whitebeard has one of the most strongest devil fruits ever. wonder how roger fought against that? did he have a devil fruit? if so then what? if roger didnt have a devil fruit then that makes roger more badass

i wanna see whitebeard and roger's fight (has to be a flashback but its worth looking at)

someone wrote that ace would be a good choice for the last fight of the series. thats a great idea but there are a couple of people qualified for the last fight postion

shanks
blackbeard
ace

dont know anyone else but if you guys think of something i'd like to hear it

Yans86
July 28, 2009, 11:56 AM
Shanks-----Mihawk------Zoro----No devil fruits!!!Badass swordman.........otherwise massive disappointment!!!

sarutobi_sensei
July 28, 2009, 12:03 PM
oh btw I told you so, Luffy knew about not being his blood brother x)

What I didn't thought he'd know is that Ace's actually Roger's son x)

Oh and we need clarification if Ace was really sent or not by Whitebeard to take down BB.

cachaco99
July 28, 2009, 12:03 PM
Shanks-----Mihawk------Zoro----No devil fruits!!!Badass swordman.........otherwise massive disappointment!!!

how? it shows that they can conquer anything without the use of a devil fruit.

this is a list of devil fruit swordsmen

pell-falcon
chaka-jackal
kaku-giraffe
brook-revive fruit
law-opposite buggy type power
x drake-dinosaur

these are all swordsmen with devil fruits and mostly none of them get better because they have a devil fruit except maybe law who might need a sword to use his power or maybe the sword itself was given the devil fruit (inanimate objects can be feed devil fruits) but law used his hands so maybe law has the fruit power

i think i read your post wrong. if you mean the other swordsmen are disappointments then i agree they arent as cool as the top 3 - shanks, mihawk, and zoro. but they are still pretty cool

dRizzit
July 28, 2009, 12:05 PM

I agree.. I'm pretty sure Oda wouldn't make that mistake.

mattimus
July 28, 2009, 12:08 PM

Maybe that's the reason Blackbeard was in Jaya in the first place. To meet with Do(n)flamingo.

Moreover, BB said he's gonna do something extraordinary that's gonna shake the world. Do(n)flamingo wants to begin a "New Era" so it all makes sense somehow...

SenninSage
July 28, 2009, 12:14 PM
So he's an Earth Quake man eh!?

I always wondered what his ability could be and this makes total sense. It just fits with his character.

Ace is clearly a powerhouse in his own right, but I'm dying to see what WhiteBeard's level is like in comparison to the Admirals and some of the Shichibukai as they don't seem intimidated at all by WhiteBeard's presence

Ero-Sanji
July 28, 2009, 12:19 PM
Finally!!!

Someone insanely strong with a paramecia(no offence Magellan)

If you mean the other swordsmen are disappointments then i agree they arent as cool as the top 3 - shanks, mihawk, and zoro. but they are still pretty cool

How the F*ck can you forget Shiryuu his the most interesting swordsman, EVER?
Look at his chin man it's JAY LENOOOOO!

cachaco99
July 28, 2009, 12:21 PM
actually i just thought of one swordsman who was cool with a powerful sword. ohm who had a milky dial sword that made it change shapes. but this wasnt a devil fruit power. so to date no swordsman with a devil fruit has been given an edge because of their devil fruit.

i still think zoro should get a seastone sword "upgrade" to be able to fight logia type swordsmen like aokiji or kizaru when or if they use swords or even when they dont.

a cool idea would be the monster trio vs the 3 admirals

luffy vs akainu - dont know why

zoro vs kizaru - maybe zoro will learn something from rayleigh or maybe get that seatone swords which at this point seems unlikely

sanji vs aokiji - fire vs ice

i think that would be cool

Black Lagoon
July 28, 2009, 12:35 PM
oh btw I told you so, Luffy knew about not being his blood brother x)

What I didn't thought he'd know is that Ace's actually Roger's son x)

Oh and we need clarification if Ace was really sent or not by Whitebeard to take down BB.

It could be a mistake, you know, something like the bounty of last time

RichardMNixon
July 28, 2009, 12:41 PM
Maybe that's the reason Blackbeard was in Jaya in the first place. To meet with Do(n)flamingo.

Moreover, BB said he's gonna do something extraordinary that's gonna shake the world. Do(n)flamingo wants to begin a "New Era" so it all makes sense somehow...

Nah, they're polar opposites.
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/225/11/
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/303/09/

Flamingo seems pretty eager to fight Whitebeard though. I don't see that working out for him.

It wouldn't surprise me if Roger had a devil fruit, especially since people expect Rayleigh not to have on in order to parallel Zoro.

Someone with like Magellan who relies almost exclusively on his devil fruit loses some badass points for it, but I don't think Luffy would be any more badass if he didn't have one.

Dark God Zeus
July 28, 2009, 12:50 PM
I don't know if anyone has picked up on this yet, but when Garp visited Ace in jail Ace said he wanted this whole thing to stop, to which Garp said "It's already too late, we've already angered the god of the sea".

In greek mythology, Poseidon is the god of the sea/earthquakes...just happens to be what whitebeards power is!
[hr]

When has it ever been stated that kizaru is the weakest admiral? He captured 500 pirates at Shabondy bay, and dropped 4 Supernovas like nothing.........some of the 500 MAY indeed be supernovas.

ssj4jw
July 28, 2009, 12:52 PM
Hi! This is my first time posting! But didn't the spoiler say Luffy found out Ace was Roger's son back when Garp told everybody on Water 7 that he was Dragon son?

goldb
July 28, 2009, 12:59 PM
Hi! This is my first time posting! But didn't the spoiler say Luffy found out Ace was Roger's son back when Garp told everybody on Water 7 that he was Dragon son?

no,you're reading it wrong. it says that the way he's telling it is similar to when garp told him about his dad in water 7.

btw, Welcome to MH!!!

Winlyx-chan
July 28, 2009, 01:00 PM

I don't think that was what the spoiler meant. I think it's more along the lines of everyone reacted similar to when Garp told Luffy Dragon was his father. Where everyone is in such shock that the entire place explodes so to speak. However I think Luffy most likely knew from one of the first times he met Ace who Ace's father was. Especially if when Luffy first met Ace he was still going as Gol D. Ace and didn't change his name to Portgas yet. (Oda hasn't been clear on exactly when he changed his name but from what I can tell with the little info we received its after he meets Luffy)

Hitman88
July 28, 2009, 01:10 PM
great spoiler, Ace was really making a name for himself pretty quickly. White beard may die during this war but it will not be by anyone hands, I think he is sick and slowly dieing. That could be the reason he wanted to make ace pirate king he saw the potential in ace and he also knew he did not have long to live.

Superman
July 28, 2009, 01:10 PM
whitebeard having a devil fruit is no surprise.

shanks and mihawk on the other hand would be better if they didnt have devil fruits. they wouldnt need them anyways cuz they are both swordsmen. so far no swordsman in one piece has a need for devil fruits cuz their weapons are swords

akainu's power might be a let down if he cant stop the tsunami but maybe he's a zoan type which would explain why he cant. if he cant stop the tsunami it doesnt mean akainu is weak
<hr noshade size="1">
but think about this - whitebeard has one of the most strongest devil fruits ever. wonder how roger fought against that? did he have a devil fruit? if so then what? if roger didnt have a devil fruit then that makes roger more badass

i wanna see whitebeard and roger's fight (has to be a flashback but its worth looking at)

someone wrote that ace would be a good choice for the last fight of the series. thats a great idea but there are a couple of people qualified for the last fight postion

shanks
blackbeard
ace

dont know anyone else but if you guys think of something i'd like to hear it

Maybe WB ate his DF when he became older and weaker. Maybe he hadnt it in the Roger time.

Black Lagoon
July 28, 2009, 01:12 PM
I don't think that was what the spoiler meant. I think it's more along the lines of everyone reacted similar to when Garp told Luffy Dragon was his father. Where everyone is in such shock that the entire place explodes so to speak. However I think Luffy most likely knew from one of the first times he met Ace who Ace's father was. Especially if when Luffy first met Ace he was still going as Gol D. Ace and didn't change his name to Portgas yet. (The anime hasn't been clear on exactly when he changed his name but from what I can tell with the little info we received its after he meets Luffy)

Good point, but that way, Ace would know about his father as well (he is bigger and more intelligent :p) , and maybe he do, I mean before Sengoku tell everyone the true.

cachaco99
July 28, 2009, 01:17 PM
Finally!!!

Someone insanely strong with a paramecia(no offence Magellan)

How the F*ck can you forget Shiryuu his the most interesting swordsman, EVER?
Look at his chin man it's JAY LENOOOOO!

2 things

1-is saying f*ck really necessary?
2-i as talking about devil fruit swordsmen

shiryuu is ok but i wanna see more of what he's capable of before i say anything. he's as strong as magellan but i still wanna see more

jamjamstyle
July 28, 2009, 01:40 PM
Creating Tsunami's was one of the abilities that was used as example in the beginning of the Anime (episode 2 perhaps) when Captain Morgan was explaining about the Devil Fruits and their mysterious powers.

XD

doc_194
July 28, 2009, 01:51 PM
Traducción del Spoiler al español
Source: AP
Verification: Confirmed
Credits: doc_194

Historia de la Portada: Chopper apenas escapa de ser cocinado.

Título: Ace y Barba Blanca

Parece ser que Luffy ya sabía que ellos dos no eran hermanos de sangre.El le dice a los demás que el papá de Ace es en verdad Roger, se expresó de la misma manera de cuando Garp le dijo a Luffy acerca de su linaje.

La escena cambia a Ace.

Los recuerdos de Ace:
Iniciando su viaje........Luffy siendo salvado por Shanks.....discutiendo unirse a los Shichibukais (?)
Provocando a BB....pelando con Jimbei por cinco días....y luego el duelo con BB
Los días en el barco de BB cuando Ace planeaba asesinarlo.......y el día en el que él reconoció a BB como su padre.

Ace: A pesar de que BB me dijo específicamente que no buscara a BN, yo lo fui a buscar sin importarme la vida. Está bien si tú me dejas aquí.

BB: Qué? Yo dije eso? Yo sí te ordené que siguieras a BN.......
BB y sus hijos (los 14 Comandantes de División) discuten.
Comandantes de División: Padre dijo que te dejaramos libre. No es tu culpa.

BB crea una gran ola tipo Tsunami

Sengoku: BB es un usuario de la fruta Terremoto Terremoto. No asuman que tenemos la ventaja por nuestra superioridad numérica..... él puede destruir al mundo.

El Tsunami se acerca desde dos direcciones diferentes.

A pesar de que una ola es detenida por Aokiji, los Marines hubieran perdido instantaneamente 50,000 hombres si Akainu no bloquea la otra*.

Fin

*TLN: Hay otras traducciones como la de CCC en donde dicen que el poder de Akainu no fue lo suficiente como para detener su lado del Tsunami.

This is my first post. Sorry if I am too nobish for your taste. I only did it for my spanish speaking friends <3

Me2Ecchi
July 28, 2009, 02:16 PM
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/303/19/

maybe aokiji will be the one fighting wb... since he is the strongest of MH.

jiminy
July 28, 2009, 02:28 PM
kaku was also a swordsman and he ate a devil fruit, but was also defeated by zoro, who doesnt have a devils fruit

I was reading the different translations that were in the spoilers and some of them say that akainu did stop the wave, should wait for the script to see what exactly is happening

and whitebeards power seems pretty crazy, wonder how his power works without him destroying his own ship

and I have a theory about devil fruits, maybe they cause the devil fruit users to have a sickness as they progress with age. Not entirely sure that Roger had a devil fruit ability but Rayleigh mentioned that he was able to hear things, and he was diagnosed with a sickness. Whitebeard also seems sick, being around those nurses and being hooked to an iv.
The non-fruit users, one being Rayleigh, have been living old with no problem.

Underpowered
July 28, 2009, 02:37 PM

Im pretty sure the manga said exactly the same about Kizaru. Too lazy to search tho.
Point being: its unknown who of the admirals is the strongest.

mysteries
July 28, 2009, 02:37 PM
hmm Earthqauke man, So it might actually be possible for Dragon to be a Storm man oO, or maybe something different since it seems ODA wins at not being predictable.

Dark God Zeus
July 28, 2009, 02:41 PM

Good find, but perhaps at that time the other admirals were positioned elsewhere?
[hr]
And I guess this crushes the possibility of akainu having an "earth" fruit. Not because whitebeard had the earthquake fruit, but rather he SHOULD have been able to put up an earth-wall of some kind between the wave and the marine fodder.

k-dom
July 28, 2009, 02:44 PM
So Whitebeard is a devil fruit user. Quite unsuspected, at least it cancel the generation gap (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49398) theory.
The earthquake fruit is at least original, I wonder if one piece world weird shape could be explained by "mistake" of some previous gura gura no mi users :-)
Also, Oda let the top force of each side acts immediatly : No time out

And we also have some Ace past explain which is cool, also I'm a bit perplexed with the Ace thanking Shanks for saving Luffy after the discussion of last chapter. Well I will wait until it's more clear

Ustegius
July 28, 2009, 02:47 PM
Hmm, I'm curious about the Spade Pirates, Ace's original crew. What happened to them? What kinda people they were? I hope we find out more in this Ace flashback. I guess they just fused with WB, or left and contienued as a new crew, or both. Now that I think about it, Ace did ask Luffy to join WB, along with his crew of course. So I expect to see original nakama of Ace on the battle field ^^

Could Marco be one of them? As people have said, he is quite young to be original WB pirate.

Dark God Zeus
July 28, 2009, 02:47 PM
I think the latest chapter shows that Akainu doesn't have an "earth" style fruit. A tidal wave came for them, aokiji was able to freeze the one that came to him, if Akainu had an earth earth fruit he should have been able to throw up an earth barrier.

We've already had a bomb-bomb character (Mr. 5).

So, with this I'm going to guess something like a plant-plant fruit or a rose-rose fruit, based on the fact that he has a corsage on him.

Moved, Keep spoilers in the spoiler thread ;)

luffy_boy
July 28, 2009, 02:58 PM
Good find, but perhaps at that time the other admirals were positioned elsewhere?
<hr noshade size="1">
And I guess this crushes the possibility of akainu having an "earth" fruit. Not because whitebeard had the earthquake fruit, but rather he SHOULD have been able to put up an earth-wall of some kind between the wave and the marine fodder.

I still hope that he has a metal logia.
Ironically the quake fruit was from the beginning my favourite fruit together with metal logia.
So one of the fruits i loved to see has appeared now the other one.... hope akainu.

chess4
July 28, 2009, 03:16 PM

wow..................forgot about that. so there it is. aokiji is the strongest marine. i wonder is that including garp and sengoku.
[hr]

Hmm, I'm curious about the Spade Pirates, Ace's original crew. What happened to them? What kinda people they were? I hope we find out more in this Ace flashback. I guess they just fused with WB, or left and contienued as a new crew, or both. Now that I think about it, Ace did ask Luffy to join WB, along with his crew of course. So I expect to see original nakama of Ace on the battle field ^^

Could Marco be one of them? As people have said, he is quite young to be original WB pirate.

great question. i would like to think they were alll absorbed into WB crew. if not that then maybe they were all killed

luffy_boy
July 28, 2009, 03:42 PM
wow..................forgot about that. so there it is. aokiji is the strongest marine. i wonder is that including garp and sengoku.
<hr noshade size="1">

great question. i would like to think they were alll absorbed into WB crew. if not that then maybe they were all killed

The thing said was...... He is the strongest man in the headquarter. Who said the 2 others are at the headquarters, maybe the normally are in the New World. So IMO this says nothing...
[hr]
When we see how ace looked when Whitebeard asked him in his crew i don`t think it all went well.

http://media.onemanga.com/mangas/00000002/000112902/03.jpg

Maybe his crew was attacked by some marineship...... (did ace had his powers at that moment?)

Akainu
July 28, 2009, 03:43 PM
no. the point is that it says Admiral XYZ, Marines strongest fighting force. and that was done the exact same way with every admiral fully introduced yet. so until now there simply is no ranking among the admirals and not even among the marines since that's just their title thingy.

uchiha-Kakashi
July 28, 2009, 03:49 PM
his power has to be red. Akainu, the red dog

luffy_boy
July 28, 2009, 03:56 PM
his power has to be red. Akainu, the red dog

We can assume it is a logia fruit as the 2 others also are logia.
Fire = no
lava = possible, but i don`t like it.
blood = don`t think so.

Please let it be metal..... ( when metal is hot it becomes red..... :D)

Ustegius
July 28, 2009, 03:59 PM
Hmm, that page luffy boy posted pretty much kills my "Marco was Ace's mate" theory. He is standing right there behind WB. Unless he was spy/traitor, but I highly doubt it.

Hmm, I'm just getting more and more into Ace's background, I don't really care about grand battles, quakemen and red dogs right now. I want more Ace and Spade Pirates. Ace of Spades :imslow

Please let it be metal..... (when metal is hot it becomes red.....:D)

I actually like this theory here (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36835&page=6) a lot. Red Mercury.

luffy_boy
July 28, 2009, 04:03 PM
Hmm, that page luffy boy posted pretty much kills my "Marco was Ace's mate" theory. He is standing right there behind WB. Unless he was spy/traitor, but I highly doubt it.

Hmm, I'm just getting more and more into Ace's background, I don't really care about grand battles, quakemen and red dogs right now. I want more Ace and Spade Pirates. Ace of Spades :imslow

Sorry for killing your theory.. :D
But my theory of marco being WB`s son still stands.

Gimbo TJ
July 28, 2009, 04:08 PM
damn earthquake pretty bad ass fruit
but does this mean he is a paramecia??

zelllogan
July 28, 2009, 04:12 PM
for someone whose color is red, I think we will have a blood-based fruit.

luffy_boy
July 28, 2009, 04:15 PM
I actually like this theory here (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36835&page=6) a lot. Red Mercury.

Problem with nuclear explosions would be that during the fight he can possibly kill everybody.... (or give them cancer/ mutations over 30 years.)
So instead of protecting the weaker marine he would kill them... and Red mercury (as only explosions) would be just a hard to hit mr.5. Another reason for not using red mercury is IMO it is to specific... to unknow.
I would`nt put it in the same list as (light, darkness, fire, lightning, sand, wind (maybe)
[hr]

for someone whose color is red, I think we will have a blood-based fruit.

Don`t think so.... how would the ever release it in country`s where they censure one piece..... syrup??? that would never work... and it would make one piece in one chapter one of the bloodiest manga`s ever.... (blood tsunami :tem)
[hr]

I think it is quake fruit...

Lord Rayleigh
July 28, 2009, 04:16 PM
The beginning of this war show how strong WB is. There is not doubt that with his powers, WB could totally destroy MHQ : he just has to do earthquakes to destroy the whole island (even Sengoku said with his powers, he could destroy the Earth).
The problem is that Ace is in the middle of MHQ. That is why he only uses submarine earthquakes to create a tsunami : he only wants the marines at the entry of MHQ to be hurt.

gold349
July 28, 2009, 04:33 PM

aokiji is no doubt strong, there are 3 who carry the same title, though we know Sengoku is above them...www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/319/04/. I think that when we have the likes of these people not much attention is being paid to WB commanders, Ace was strong I'm expecting Marco to be a monster as much as though not his level WB and the admirals will have their hands full (not saying Marco is taking 3 admirals by himself) with other than WB, I expect Sengoku to fight WB.

Black Lagoon
July 28, 2009, 04:34 PM
The beginning of this war show how strong WB is. There is not doubt that with his powers, WB could totally destroy MHQ : he just has to do earthquakes to destroy the whole island (even Sengoku said with his powers, he could destroy the Earth).
The problem is that Ace is in the middle of MHQ. That is why he only uses submarine earthquakes to create a tsunami : he only wants the marines at the entry of MHQ to be hurt.

can make an entire country, an island... tremble at his feet.
that why I think Luffy is the one who will be in charge to save him, but he (Luffy) will have to fight an Admiral, cuz their aren't idiot... let Ace on his own...

PipePlaza
July 28, 2009, 04:38 PM
Don`t think so.... how would the ever release it in country`s where they censure one piece..... syrup??? that would never work... and it would make one piece in one chapter one of the bloodiest manga`s ever.... (blood tsunami :tem)
<hr noshade size="1">

I think it is quake fruit...

Meh, Oda seems to like to challenge the ratings and censors, I wouldn't be surprised if he actually did it.

Kinda funny how Whitebeard's fruits has the same name as his laugh. (gurarara!)

Black Lagoon
July 28, 2009, 04:42 PM
Meh, Oda seems to like to challenge the ratings and censors, I wouldn't be surprised if he actually did it.

Kinda funny how Whitebeard's fruits has the same name as his laugh. (gurarara!)

Good one, I didn't read the spoilers thoughtfully, so I didn't notice it :facepalm

GeckoMoria
July 28, 2009, 04:46 PM
awesome spoilers this might have been pointed out already but i love how WB's fruit is his laugh lol his laugh is Gurararararara and his fruit is the gura gura no mi LOL well done oda can't wait to see the chapter :D

gucci mane
July 28, 2009, 04:47 PM
I think Akaiuna's fruit will be something like Byakuya's in Bleach AY!. But he would be able to disperse his whole body into rose's AY!. If not that, maybe he can turn himself into a flaming dog AY!. The latter his highly unlikely AY!.

Dr. Vegapunk
July 28, 2009, 04:52 PM
What if Dragon interferes and ends up killing WB!!! He sees WB just as much a threat and a thorn in his plans to overthrow the Government, not much of this makes sense but there are possiblities. Ace would go on a massive frenzy wanting to kill Dragon.

Gimbo TJ
July 28, 2009, 04:53 PM
Akainu will probably absorb the other tsunami by creating a huge Nymphaea
( Red Flare Tropical Waterlily )... I think his DF is flower based..

-This tropical waterlily has red flowers with reddish-brown foliage. Plant height varies with water depth. Commonly referred to as "Water Lilies" these plants have adapted to living in a total water environment. The leaves of these plants are individually supported on leaf stalks called petioles. Water Lily blossoms vary greatly in color and size. They enjoy neutral to alkaline water and grow best in full sun. Planting should be done in water no cooler than 75 degrees F. If the water is too cool the plant will enter a dormant state-

have anyone noticed the tattoo Akainu has on his chest?? Gues what its a flower :p

Damn this makes me thing that the three admirals have a secret combo attack by combining light, cold and flower..?? :S probably just bullshit anyway

PipePlaza
July 28, 2009, 05:05 PM
Akainu will probably absorb the other tsunami by creating a huge Nymphaea
( Red Flare Tropical Waterlily )... I think his DF is flower based..

-This tropical waterlily has red flowers with reddish-brown foliage. Plant height varies with water depth. Commonly referred to as "Water Lilies" these plants have adapted to living in a total water environment. The leaves of these plants are individually supported on leaf stalks called petioles. Water Lily blossoms vary greatly in color and size. They enjoy neutral to alkaline water and grow best in full sun. Planting should be done in water no cooler than 75 degrees F. If the water is too cool the plant will enter a dormant state-

have anyone noticed the tattoo Akainu has on his chest?? Gues what its a flower :p

Damn this makes me thing that the three admirals have a secret combo attack by combining light, cold and flower..?? :S probably just bullshit anyway

I'd doubt that the Admirals would have team attacks, all of them have completely different ideals, personalities, etc... Especially obvious when comparing Akainu to Aokiji. Maybe Kizaru wouldn't mind but still. It's like the thought of the Shichibukai working in team formations, although a little bit more likely of course.

Black Lagoon
July 28, 2009, 05:15 PM
I think Akaiuna's fruit will be something like Byakuya's in Bleach AY!. But he would be able to disperse his whole body into rose's AY!. If not that, maybe he can turn himself into a flaming dog AY!. The latter his highly unlikely AY!.

Why not! he may be able to turn his body into thin petals as knives

NANLIT
July 28, 2009, 05:27 PM
And we also have some Ace past explain which is cool, also I'm a bit perplexed with the Ace thanking Shanks for saving Luffy after the discussion of last chapter. Well I will wait until it's more clear
Yeah, pictures will probably clear this up, but my guess is Luffy told Ace about Shanks when they were kids and then when Ace left to be a pirate he met Shanks and that's when he thanked Shanks.

Dr. Vegapunk
July 28, 2009, 05:30 PM
Perhaps, Akainu is like Lucci, he has a special fighting martial art under his belt. I definitely would like to see something like this again, or perhaps Luccis' master....pfff naw.

Kentaro
July 28, 2009, 05:36 PM
ace plotting to kill WB while on his ship daaamn.. always had a feeling that ace was loyal to WB from the start

Black Lagoon
July 28, 2009, 05:43 PM
Now, more than ever, I can't wait for this (Doflamingo)
http://media.onemanga.com/mangas/00000002/000055802/07.jpg

cachaco99
July 28, 2009, 06:03 PM
there's been talk about akainu's power - there are 3 main idea's of what his power could be - power is something red, power is based on a dog, or power is based on nature.

these are some things that are associated with red

aggression, blood, fire, anger, hatred, pain, sacrifice, sin, violence, leadership, heat, hell

most of these fit akainu perfectly with his aggressive attitude

because of the "inu" in akainu he could have powers based on a dog. the best dog i can think of is cerberus - hell hound - hell is associated with red

the rose on his suit and maybe the tattoo is a rose or flower. red is what people usually think of first when they think of roses.

i think akainu's powers are blood based. oda wouldnt go with the obvious rose type power and blood seems more unlikely which is oda's style. if his powers are blood based and he uses his own blood then that would explain why he couldnt stop the tsunami (if he didnt). a blood rose could be akainu's symbol.

Schnefux
July 28, 2009, 06:06 PM
We know by now Doflamingo has the ability to conrtol a Person.

By until now we only saw him Controling 1 Person at a time.
At the meeting for find a successor for Crocodile http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/234/02/
and when he controlled Sinjisu to kill Binami http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/303/05/.

But what if he can control more than 1 Person at a time, what I think he
can. If he Control Whitebeards crew and let them attack him. Will WB kill
or fight against his own Nakama?

I'm very interested in seeing, if it will happen and what WB will do then.
That's even a posibility how WB is beeing killed, by not go against his own crew.

Sharingan warrior
July 28, 2009, 06:10 PM
A chapter to remember is coming but i must say im kinda disappointed with the fact that whitebeard has a devil fruit. i thought his strength was down to his pure physical prowess but if he had to get one i guess this one would suit him. As for the reason he doesnt want the pk title for himself is because he started out being a pirate before the title of pk came about and he was famous and wealthy before, during and after,for other pirates the fame and wealth is what they are after but for whitebeard the entire world knows of him as the strongest he is feared and totally free on the seas,things like titles would be trivial to such a legend as he has already marked his name in the history books.The pirate king is the man who in luffy's words possesses the most freedom in the world.wb already has this, as noone will even touch nytin he puts his name on from an island tor his nakama.Fame and freedom is already his but he knows when his time comes to an end someone will need to rule the seas with "morals" like him or roger thats why i tink he was grooming ace to gain the title as he could be the only person in his eyes who is worthy enuff to keep the peace in the world like he has.

Tomgoood01
July 28, 2009, 06:10 PM
I will say this once what akainu power is plus you heard it from me first

HIS POWER IS THE LAVA LAVA FRUIT

PipePlaza
July 28, 2009, 06:18 PM
I will say this once what akainu power is plus you heard it from me first

HIS POWER IS THE LAVA LAVA FRUIT
No offense but you're certainly not the first...

arynelson
July 28, 2009, 06:26 PM
No way Roger's fruit could be gomu gomu?

Tomgoood01
July 28, 2009, 06:27 PM
I said it here when the chapter robin revealed the names of the three admirals came out go find the post if you want lol but that was under a diff name ah who cares

I WAS THE FIRST ONE!!!

bittman
July 28, 2009, 06:58 PM
I was the first person to read One Piece ever so there!

Anyway, chapter looks freaking awesome:
Whitebeard causes Earthquakes probably by flexing his abs
Aokoji wins the game of life
Akainu...it appears loses the game, but it seems a bit silly for an admiral to think he can take on a wave to then lose dramatically to it. I find these spoilers confusing, but I feel it'll need pictures to clarify this.
Ace flashbacks - YES! Been waiting a month for these.

Not a "major" chapter when compared to the last two, but the battle has well and truly started now with Whitebeard as the aggressor.

JC123
July 28, 2009, 07:07 PM

Whitebeard with a DF. Seriously? Did he need one to be more badass?

I liked to think he was only a man with the power of Haki. Oh well, can't change it now. Just the fact that (from the looks of it) Gold didn't have a DF and took him on seems to be pretty cool as well.

Now how the hell does Akainu seem so ruthless but he's turning into a wimp so quickly?

Schnefux
July 28, 2009, 07:09 PM
Akainu...it appears loses the game, but it seems a bit silly for an admiral to think he can take on a wave to then lose dramatically to it. I find these spoilers confusing, but I feel it'll need pictures to clarify this.

My english isn't the best but this sentence of the spoiler sounds to me like both waves had been stopped.

Even though 1 side was stopped by Ao Kiji, the Marines would have instantly lost 50,000 men if Akainu did not block the other.

Also I cant think that no other than Ao Kiji has an ability to stop a wave.

Tomgoood01
July 28, 2009, 07:18 PM
Even though akaniu lost to the wave dosent mean the wave hit. Either Sengoku,Garp or someone else can still step in

predsfan
July 28, 2009, 07:53 PM
So I'm a little confused by the translations. Was Akainu able to stop the wave or not? I'm hoping he was able to, just because that would make him awesome. Guess I'll have to wait for pics, which hopefully, should be out later tonight.

elitefox
July 28, 2009, 07:57 PM

Whitebeard with a DF. Seriously? Did he need one to be more badass?

I liked to think he was only a man with the power of Haki. Oh well, can't change it now. Just the fact that (from the looks of it) Gold didn't have a DF and took him on seems to be pretty cool as well.

Now how the hell does Akainu seem so ruthless but he's turning into a wimp so quickly?

probably he is a df user, sea makes df users powerless unlike aokoji that can freeze it.

Schnefux
July 28, 2009, 08:02 PM
Just read the translation from japanese.

The other is up against Akainu's power, but it doesn't seem that his is a power that can stop it.
50,000 marines are suddenly wiped out.

So after this should be more acurate it realy seems that half of the Marines are wiped out by the 2nd wave. This realy is an interesting start of the battle.

Ok to increase the confusion again there isn't a thing about Aokiji stops the 1st wave. Its just said he tries to stop it. So 2 diffrent translations 4 posibil ways what realy happen.

Oh and sry Orgenizized, realy clear is sadly nothing till we have the raw.

Organizized
July 28, 2009, 08:03 PM
I'm as confused as predsfan, the different translations say different things.

I also don't understand people saying they're disappointed in Akainu (in case he didn't stop the wave).. I mean, we all love Kizaru and agree that he's awesome (well, most of us), but I don't think he could stop a huge friggin tsunami with his powers either. :eyeroll Just because Akainu might not have an ability fit for stopping a damn tidal wave (Aokiji's is the only one I can think of for that.. possibly Foxy's as well :p) doesn't mean he sucks.

I wish someone would make it clear whether or not he does stop the wave, though.

Guy above me did it. :p

JC123
July 28, 2009, 08:21 PM
Well, it's more about his introduction. He was seen as a ruthless killer and I want to see him come out and pwn someone. I had an expectation that he'd look into following ABSOLUTE justice. The best way to see a character is introduce him as a pretty decent badass.

Right now, he seems to be an average badass rather than a lazy badass like Aokiji. :)

RichardMNixon
July 28, 2009, 08:22 PM
Another possibility is Akainu has a forcefield or some other kind of power that can save the 50,000 marines without stopping the tsunami.

cachaco99
July 28, 2009, 08:33 PM
or maybe akainu didnt WANT to save them - viewing them as weak.

or maybe by them getting wiped out they would have a better chance to survive then by staying and fighting

maybe akainu is one of those types that thinks he's above everyone else

elitefox
July 28, 2009, 08:39 PM
hehe royal shibukai vs whitebeard?

looks like the royal shibukai's are forgotten XD

DARK
July 28, 2009, 09:44 PM
I was the first person to read One Piece ever so there!

Anyway, chapter looks freaking awesome:
Whitebeard causes Earthquakes probably by flexing his abs
Aokoji wins the game of life
Ace flashbacks - YES! Been waiting a month for these.

Not a "major" chapter when compared to the last two, but the battle has well and truly started now with Whitebeard as the aggressor.

Technically the first to "read" One Piece would be Oda and his editor, as he was the one who made it.

This chapter does look freaking awesome: One Piece is definitely getting better in this arc. I guess getting rid of all of the "deadweight" Straw Hats and replace them with much more influential characters was the best idea Oda ever contributed to the series.

Whitebeard, who has barely done anything on-screen the series, is now starting the war. It has been over 400 chapters since his introduction and we now realize the "tip of the iceberg" ability-wise is his Devil Fruit power.

chitgoks
July 28, 2009, 10:32 PM
if sengoku already knew whitebeard having that devil fruit, wouldn't he had assembled marines that could stop possible tsunamis? it's impossible only aokiji's devil fruit could stop it. with all the marines assembled, there should be more than a handful of devil fruit users capable of stoping a tsunami

Dark God Zeus
July 28, 2009, 10:47 PM
if sengoku already knew whitebeard having that devil fruit, wouldn't he had assembled marines that could stop possible tsunamis? it's impossible only aokiji's devil fruit could stop it. with all the marines assembled, there should be more than a handful of devil fruit users capable of stoping a tsunami

Well, they were all surprised by whitebeard's fleet entering in from underwater, and tsuru (the female Vice admiral) said "we may have made a miscalculation with our formation".

bittman
July 28, 2009, 10:58 PM
It's also possible that they miscalculated the power of one of the admirals in stopping the wave. Of course, I still need a picture to confirm that Akainu was "overpowered". A bit hard to see an admiral overpowered by a tsunami without revealing his power in the process, but I feel a mention of his power would have rated high in the spoilers...

But yeah, Tsuru's comment might have been somewhat related to this, because last chapter I thought "hmm, not really. You've already got Whitebeard surrounded..."

DARK
July 28, 2009, 11:02 PM
Well, they were all surprised by whitebeard's fleet entering in from underwater, and tsuru (the female Vice admiral) said "we may have made a miscalculation with our formation".

That explains why they were easily caught off guard.

chitgoks
July 29, 2009, 12:12 AM
It's also possible that they miscalculated the power of one of the admirals in stopping the wave. Of course, I still need a picture to confirm that Akainu was "overpowered". A bit hard to see an admiral overpowered by a tsunami without revealing his power in the process, but I feel a mention of his power would have rated high in the spoilers...

But yeah, Tsuru's comment might have been somewhat related to this, because last chapter I thought "hmm, not really. You've already got Whitebeard surrounded..."

it might not be that he was overpowered, he probably stopped the tsunami but couldnt avoid what it did with the other marines.
[hr]

That explains why they were easily caught off guard.

but still, i doubt they only have the admirals to be able to take care of tsunamis. im sure there are lots of other marines there with devil fruits that can disperse it. they could be scattered around the island.

ya think kuma couldnt have stopped it? he could, easily. oh well.. it's oda's decision :D

Tomgoood01
July 29, 2009, 12:24 AM
Problem with nuclear explosions would be that during the fight he can possibly kill everybody.... (or give them cancer/ mutations over 30 years.)

Anyway that red Mercury idea wont work cause there is no such thing as natural Red Mercury. Red mercury is a compound containing mercury that has undergone irradiation. When exploded, it creates tremendous heat and pressure – the same type needed to trigger a fusion device such as a mini-neutron bomb.

elitefox
July 29, 2009, 12:48 AM

uhm... tsunamis are just "free taste" he could rock the whole marine hq on his own will XD
I doubt ice can do much, probably an escape path for the marines though :facepalm

just damn too powerfull, no need any title just plain old whitebeard:blink

k-dom
July 29, 2009, 12:49 AM
There is another translation in apforums
it seems that oda wants to keep the suspence about Akainu but I don't think we should doubt what he his capable of

bittman
July 29, 2009, 12:58 AM
Aha! Whitebeard's power looks awesome, it's like he cracked the air itself!

Ace flashbacks look freaking awesome. I'm really looking forward to them, who cares what the admirals do compared to Ace's past.

Tomgoood01
July 29, 2009, 12:59 AM
The Pics are out 5 of them i think

White Beard stretches he arm out and making cracks in the Air like hes smashing glass.
Cool way to show his ability i thought he was gonna pound the ground.

Curse u Bittman ya beat me to the post lol

Dr. Vegapunk
July 29, 2009, 02:09 AM
How about this...........Gura Gura PUNCH!!!!!!

mamuwyllie
July 29, 2009, 02:24 AM
So do we agree that WB is a paramecian type DF user. What do people think?

Dim
July 29, 2009, 02:30 AM
yeh who knows the extensiveness of his control of his devil fruit. he might be able to guide a tsunami or wave by manipulating the ground etc

but still earth quake man is awsome- soo perfect, seems like hes a good match against aokoji considering ice cracks easy...

aikanu im still stuck with him, i thought he would be a nature man or earth man- be awsome if could sommon meteorites or something like that :)

elitefox
July 29, 2009, 02:36 AM
Gurararara

Really a GROUND BREAKING revelation :D

Dark God Zeus
July 29, 2009, 02:46 AM
Maybe akainu's power is kind of like urahara's bankai from bleach. "My power isn't fit for lending others power or strength", in essense, an all out offensive power

gfire2
July 29, 2009, 04:03 AM
if akainu turns out to be a okama or a girly macho dude its gonna be the funniest thing ever, but i can alreadi see akoiji freezing the water

toxun
July 29, 2009, 04:11 AM
Surprising me though, that Shirohige is a paramecia, I was had though he would be powerful logias :). Wonder what his subordinate has. And we not see what Sengoku really has yet :)

Dim
July 29, 2009, 05:13 AM
well we are yet to see a water logia! it would be cool if all of whitebeards comanders are logias- BB fruit was meant to go to his 4th devision which was logia, ace is logia- lol i know there is no grounds but would be sweet!

maybe sengoku is a goat goat man :p and his goat ate a seagul fruit :) love at first sight :p

Flashig
July 29, 2009, 05:19 AM
interesting... whitebeard has in the flashback this big scar on his chest again... and when he cracks the air too.. Has oda really made a mistake in the recent chapter?

LDSaint
July 29, 2009, 05:23 AM
I love WB fruit although i was hoping that he didn't have a fruit. I'm so excited we see sum aokiji action (my fav admiral) even if it's small him freezing the wave for me is epic. Cnt wait 4 the admiral action.

monkey D luffy
July 29, 2009, 07:01 AM
what if akainu has telkinesis, he will own and become the single strongest person in the world... he can attack from any range and side. he can use everything he wants.

Makki
July 29, 2009, 07:04 AM
what if akainu has telkinesis, he will own and become the single strongest person in the world... he can attack from any range and side. he can use everything he wants.

Perhaps Doflamingo has already a fruit like this. Would be too overpowered anyways I think.
I definitely think Marco has a logia, or he is just a freaking strong guy.
And I hope we soon know about Akainu's power.

Organizized
July 29, 2009, 07:10 AM
Waaaaah~~~~! Ace flashback. :luv I mean seriously, we get to see Ace fighting Whitebeard and Jinbei, being accepted into the crew by WB. Also, Marco smiling!?!? Never thought I'd see the day. :amuse

I'm seriously going crazy over the Ace pictures, I won't even bother thinking about Akainu or his powers anymore. If he in fact didn't stop the damn wave then so what, he's still an admiral and just cause he can't stop a tidal wave I'm still looking forward to seeing him fight because he can definitely kick some serious ass. That's it. Right now he'll have to step aside to Ace's awesome past!

gesgift
July 29, 2009, 07:42 AM
Does anyone know the right order of the pictures? And the text?

Rearranged the pictures.

Ichiro Suzuki
July 29, 2009, 08:23 AM
Hmm...

Whitebeard is awesome.

SenninSage
July 29, 2009, 08:24 AM
Wow, a very exciting looking chapter.

Mihawk is such an exciting and mysterious character. We know he seems to be friends and has enormous respect for Shank's power. We know WhiteBeard respects his power as well.

Would Mihawk really get involved in this fight and raise his sword to launch an attack against WhiteBeard? It just strikes me as something he wouldn't do. It's so difficult reading what his true intentions may be. I'm extremely eager for Crocodile's arrival simply because I want to see how Shichibukai like Don Flamingo or Gekko Moria respond to seeing the former Shichibukia.

I have a strong feeling that as this battle progresses further, and things become more tense, Luffy's Haki may put him in an avatar style trance state where he's overflowed with power and each step he takes causes a massive release of energy from his body that shocks WhiteBeard, Sengoku and everyone else looking on.

chess4
July 29, 2009, 08:32 AM
Wow, a very exciting looking chapter.

Mihawk is such an exciting and mysterious character. We know he seems to be friends and has enormous respect for Shank's power. We know WhiteBeard respects his power as well.

Would Mihawk really get involved in this fight and raise his sword to launch an attack against WhiteBeard? It just strikes me as something he wouldn't do. It's so difficult reading what his true intentions may be. I'm extremely eager for Crocodile's arrival simply because I want to see how Shichibukai like Don Flamingo or Gekko Moria respond to seeing the former Shichibukia.

I have a strong feeling that as this battle progresses further, and things become more tense, Luffy's Haki may put him in an avatar style trance state where he's overflowed with power and each step he takes causes a massive release of energy from his body that shocks WhiteBeard, Sengoku and everyone else looking on.

this could possibly happen. man whitebeard is a straight monster. he took out 50,000 soldiers in 1 shot

gesgift
July 29, 2009, 08:53 AM
[/B]

this could possibly happen. man whitebeard is a straight monster. he took out 50,000 soldiers in 1 shot

Bet ya that Smoker-Kunia-hancufflady-Coby-Helmeppo-etc. won't be wiped out like that.

Cool that we finally learned more about Ace's past, and the terrible power of WB. Next chapter the power of Reddog and WB's sons?

SenninSage
July 29, 2009, 09:34 AM
[/B]

In fairness though, this is something that even Crocodile can do, just in a different fashion.

What WhiteBeard did was impressive, but I would go as far as to say that we've still yet to see what truly makes him the legend that he is.

So far we've had a pretty impressive display of power from powerful Devil Fruit users, but nothing yet that truly showcases the power of the man who was known as the rival of the Pirate King himself. We have Sengoku saying he could destroy the world itself, which is an impressive anecdotal as to WhiteBeard's power, but I'd have to see more from WhiteBeard than just two massive Tsunamis.

The Dark King for example had a very impressive showcasing of his power and got the opportunity to directly engage a Marine Admiral. While I'm greatly interested in WhiteBeard's Devil Fruit ability and what he can achieve with it, I'm just as interested, if not more so, in his direct combat abilities. It's with this direct combat ability in conjunction with his devil fruit mastery that we will see the true power of WhiteBeard.

jamjamstyle
July 29, 2009, 09:41 AM
Gold d. Roger must've been a real beast to withstand a wave of that magnitude. But i'm still more interested in Marco's ability... never thought to c that guy smiling lol XD

Rotten The Wizard
July 29, 2009, 09:49 AM
[/B]

no he didnt

anyway Now THAT'S what I call Godly. Tidal waves higher than the fucking island!!!

At first I thought the Marines were going overboard with all this backup but now.....THEY DONT HAVE NEARLY ENOUGH MEN TO TAKE ON THIS BASTARD!!!!!!!!

wait till Rayleigh shows up

SenninSage
July 29, 2009, 10:04 AM
It seems Aokiji didn't actually stop the Tidal Wave or did he?

Magellan
July 29, 2009, 10:06 AM
Yay an earthquake devil fruit! That brings hope for a tornado devil fruit. :D

Anyways I didn't really notice Marco too much but now that he seems to be getting a bit more into the storyline I really like him. Plus he's got a pretty cool look to him.

Akainu strikes me as the kind of person to just not care about the 50,000 marines rather than be un-able to stop the wave, but we'll just have to wait and see.

jamjamstyle
July 29, 2009, 10:12 AM
It seems Aokiji didn't actually stop the Tidal Wave or did he?

The spoilers assumed he did, but i guess he couldn't manage to stop it according to svg's translation. :facepalm it's a bit confusing.

dsr
July 29, 2009, 10:16 AM
WB was just a monster even with only Haki, since he could parry the slash of Shanks, that is one of the world's two strongest swordsman.

Magellan
July 29, 2009, 10:25 AM
WB was just a monster even with only Haki, since he could parry the slash of Shanks, that is one of the world's two strongest swordsman.

Now that he's been revealed as the Earthquake man, I'm going to assume WB is the stronger of the two since they seemed to have their swordsmanship skills on par. Unless of course Shanks got a devil fruit sometime after saving Luffy.

All these revelations are simply making me more excited for the other Yonkous, I honestly have no idea what to expect for them now. If they're at the same level as WB and Shanks they've got to be pretty amazing!

Rotten The Wizard
July 29, 2009, 10:31 AM
Yay an earthquake devil fruit! That brings hope for a tornado devil fruit. :D

Anyways I didn't really notice Marco too much but now that he seems to be getting a bit more into the storyline I really like him. Plus he's got a pretty cool look to him.

Akainu strikes me as the kind of person to just not care about the 50,000 marines rather than be un-able to stop the wave, but we'll just have to wait and see.

Dragons speculated Wind wind fruit would make that redundant

cachaco99
July 29, 2009, 10:39 AM
now whitebeard has the missing scar i was talking about. you can see it in the flashback scenes and on the second spoiler pic. oda DID make a mistake when drawing whitebeard last chapter. but oh well oda is only human and humans make mistakes.

for anyone that doesnt know what i'm talking about its the scare that was shown when whitebeard was first seen. possibly a scar roger gave him

Magellan
July 29, 2009, 10:41 AM
Dragons speculated Wind wind fruit would make that redundant

Shatter my dreams! :crying

However I'd much rather a wind wind fruit to be a logia instead of just manipulating the wind. Isn't it just overly stormy whenever Dragons around? Except I guess wind could make a storm to be present. I want more info on Dragon! So far it seems like he controls almost all aspects of a storm. However if he had a storm fruit or something, it would still leave the Tornado fruit out! :(

Akainu
July 29, 2009, 10:50 AM
now whitebeard has the missing scar i was talking about. you can see it in the flashback scenes and on the second spoiler pic. oda DID make a mistake when drawing whitebeard last chapter. but oh well oda is only human and humans make mistakes.

for anyone that doesnt know what i'm talking about its the scare that was shown when whitebeard was first seen. possibly a scar roger gave him
I'd wait for the whole chapter to be out.
The problem is this: if WB has the scar in the flashback, but not in the curent timeline it was NOT a mistake last chapter. Only if it is there it's a mistake, which btw. is quite normal, so don't take this as defending ;)

kkck
July 29, 2009, 10:53 AM
Wow, it seems an epic chapter is about to come...

Can't believe ace actually fought against WB, and what's more, he got his ass handed to him(no surprises there, just pointing it out). I guess WB can really hurt logias and quite easily at that.

The most epic thing of all is that WB has an earthquake fruit, outright epic. The power to control earth and the sea, WB in many ways should be invincible in either of them. This chapter also talks volumes of rogers strength, considering he was as strong or even stronger than WB. WB also seems to be able to fight without his fruit power though(as seen when he fought shanks). This is really making me wonder if roger had a fruit though...

cachaco99
July 29, 2009, 11:02 AM
I'd wait for the whole chapter to be out.
The problem is this: if WB has the scar in the flashback, but not in the curent timeline it was NOT a mistake last chapter. Only if it is there it's a mistake, which btw. is quite normal, so don't take this as defending ;)

he does have the scar in the current timeline in this chapter. in the second spoiler pic when he is making the tsunami with his power you can see the scar along with the new scars we've seen in last week chapter

SenninSage
July 29, 2009, 11:19 AM
Wow, it seems an epic chapter is about to come...

Can't believe ace actually fought against WB, and what's more, he got his ass handed to him(no surprises there, just pointing it out). I guess WB can really hurt logias and quite easily at that.

The most epic thing of all is that WB has an earthquake fruit, outright epic. The power to control earth and the sea, WB in many ways should be invincible in either of them. This chapter also talks volumes of rogers strength, considering he was as strong or even stronger than WB. WB also seems to be able to fight without his fruit power though(as seen when he fought shanks). This is really making me wonder if roger had a fruit though...

That's an unbelievable combo. With his ability, he could pretty much alter the landscape of or completely destroy any island or government facility he wishes.

DARK
July 29, 2009, 12:08 PM
That's an unbelievable combo. With his ability, he could pretty much alter the landscape of or completely destroy any island or government facility he wishes.

Of course, Sengoku DID mention "He had the power to destroy the world."

k-dom
July 29, 2009, 12:21 PM
I think we don t know yet about akainu. It will be displayed in next chapter.

Bugzee
July 29, 2009, 12:25 PM
Has Akainu got the strength??? lol we have to wait and see...

That tidal wave is crazy LOL! and WOW flashback of ACE vs WB! Wonder where Ace's Spade Pirate crew members are??

After seeing these spoilers pics, WB will either die or get severely/fatally injured! BB will return for sure towards the end of this battle! and thats when Rayliegh will show up! I think Rayliegh will be the only one who will be able to withstand (at the very least) BB's DF ability!

Well anyway great chapter to look forward 2! Thanks to those who got them early 4 us!

Mr. Prince
July 29, 2009, 12:32 PM
K guys...even though ImageShack was a bitch on me and they came slowly, slowly one after another - I think I got all the new pics up.
Dunno, maybe I'll give you some dialogue and gist in the evening. Ain't got no time now...see ya later~ : )

sh4dx
July 29, 2009, 12:39 PM
guys stop the theory that dragon has a wind or something like that ability...maybe it's his haki or something else because we have seen that some very strong pirates(shanks,wb) that when they are in good mood the weather it's shinny but when they are not it's cloudy..remember mihawk visiting shanks at the island and shows him the 1st bounty of luffy the weather at first was cloudy and after shanks saw the bounty of luffy suddenly sun came out because he was happy.Also when shanks visited wb on moby dick at the begining the weather was good but when they started the conversation about bb and they both got some nervous suddenly clouds came out.So i think dragon can control winds,tornado whatever with just his haki or a new power we don't know yet and not because of DF.

Superman
July 29, 2009, 12:44 PM

Yes it does. It is a badass fruit in Whitebeards hands but not in the hands of just a little marine. Fruits are like Morias shadow stuff. The fruits make someone stronger i would say 20- 50% it depends. And Whitebeard is just insanely strong without his fruit and since this is fact he can destroy the whole world with it. If one Marine of those 100000s ate it he could....well he could destroy a house or maybe a castle, but hey thats something right?!!:wtf:D:D

it might not be that he was overpowered, he probably stopped the tsunami but couldnt avoid what it did with the other marines.
<hr noshade size="1">

but still, i doubt they only have the admirals to be able to take care of tsunamis. im sure there are lots of other marines there with devil fruits that can disperse it. they could be scattered around the island.

ya think kuma couldnt have stopped it? he could, easily. oh well.. it's oda's decision :D

Now i think Akainus fruit is a water water no mi (can control water as well)......or an air air no mi!!! Well the Air air no mi would suck.
Red dog.....hmmmm the color but nahhhhh maybe the color doesnt matter here....maybe he has just the mean overbite mean overbite no mi and can scare the marines away so the wave doesnt get them.
Seriously it would be lame if all of the admirals are logias dammit :barf :nuts serious

sh4dx
July 29, 2009, 12:47 PM
akainu is logia please don't say stupid things about blood zoan etc..he'll be lava/magma.

kkck
July 29, 2009, 12:50 PM

The way I see it, once ace is no longer held by sea stone, the fight is over. Ace could just retreat to any ship using his power and let good old WB actually sink the island.... WB is just outright awesome... Still can't believe a man actually tied with him....

gesgift
July 29, 2009, 01:12 PM
akainu is logia please don't say stupid things about blood zoan etc..he'll be lava/magma.
We'll see, this is all up to the master himself-->Oda!

Ace his flashback looks wonderfull, and it seems WB has no problem of hitting af Logia-user?

Raijū
July 29, 2009, 01:15 PM
I just saw the pics (the pink ones), ace is a crazy maniac trying to kill Shirohige but seem to be defeated with ease everytime

gesgift
July 29, 2009, 01:20 PM
I just saw the pics (the pink ones), ace is a crazy maniac trying to kill Shirohige but seem to be defeated with ease everytime

Like a kitten fighting a tiger

Winlyx-chan
July 29, 2009, 01:21 PM

Ace his flashback looks wonderfull, and it seems WB has no problem of hitting af Logia-user?

I agree. If there's one person who is good at surprising people it's Oda. Not to mention I kinda think it would be a little redundant if his power was lava. After all isn't lava just another form of fire?

As far as the flash backs are concerned I'm still waiting to see a chibi Ace (or at least one alot younger) The images we've gotten so far of a chibi Ace are either shadowed or you only saw the back of his head. I'm hoping in the flash back when he thanks Shanks for saving Luffy that you see chibi Ace's face.

sh4dx
July 29, 2009, 01:22 PM

yes i know that but i have seen the most stupid theories ever about his power..someone told he has supersonic hearing because at the last chapter we saw him to find out that wb is coming out of the water before the other admirals, so it's too stupid that he became an admiral with this power come on..after that lot of people talk about blood, same shit..others told he is zoan,paramecia..pls don't be ridiculous they are 3 admirals, the 2 we've seen are logia so it's NOT LAME for the third to be logia..and seeing kizaru,aokiji names & power then he has to be lava,magma(with meteors ok..) or something MORE hot than ace power..

gesgift
July 29, 2009, 01:33 PM
I'm not saying what powers would be lame, and which wouldn't (everyone is allowed to have his/her own toughts), but supersonic hearing would be hilarious:D

Max Mojito
July 29, 2009, 01:36 PM
ooooo spoilerss sound so gooodd, im sorta confused about if any1 stopped any attackts or not, i mean first it says akoji stopped 1 attack or akaiuna didnt stop 1, and 50k soilders got wiped out other than that loooks really goood

sh4dx
July 29, 2009, 01:38 PM
I'm not saying what powers would be lame, and which wouldn't (everyone is allowed to have his/her own toughts), but supersonic hearing would be hilarious:D

from what you saw until know you think akainu will be a hilarius guy ?

D.King
July 29, 2009, 01:39 PM
yes i know that but i have seen the most stupid theories ever about his power..someone told he has supersonic hearing because at the last chapter we saw him to find out that wb is coming out of the water before the other admirals, so it's too stupid that he became an admiral with this power come on..after that lot of people talk about blood, same shit..others told he is zoan,paramecia..pls don't be ridiculous they are 3 admirals, the 2 we've seen are logia so it's NOT LAME for the third to be logia..and seeing kizaru,aokiji names & power then he has to be lava,magma(with meteors ok..) or something MORE hot than ace power..

Aokiji :Blue Pleasant: If Blue is represented as "Ice"
Kizaru: Yellow Monkey: Yellow is represented as "Light"
Akainu: Red Dog :Then it's highly possible that Red will be represented as "Magma"

Perhaps Akainu's Magma power could boil the whole ocean :p:p

sh4dx
July 29, 2009, 01:45 PM
Aokiji :Blue Pleasant: If Blue is represented as "Ice"
Kizaru: Yellow Monkey: Yellow is represented as "Light"
Akainu: Red Dog :Then it's highly possible that Red will be represented as "Magma"

Perhaps Akainu's Magma power could boil the whole ocean :p:p

ice is represented as blue cauz it's made out of water you know what i mean..but please the lame will be if he is zoan or paramecia or the BLOOD-ADMIRAL....after all he is one of the greatest power that marines have.he HAS to be a VERY powerful logia and yes lava/magma it'll be very good.and yes i believe he can easily boiled an ocean and more easily wb's tsunami.

Lord Rayleigh
July 29, 2009, 01:55 PM
. The most epic thing of all is that WB has an earthquake fruit, outright epic. The power to control earth and the sea, WB in many ways should be invincible in either of them.
Not the power to control the 4 elements, but the ability to affect and use them with his DF powers.

Bugzee
July 29, 2009, 02:18 PM
Not the power to control the 4 elements, but the ability to affect and use them with his DF powers.

As Garp said they've already disturbed the ruler of the seas, now watch a whole can of ass whooping!!!!

Andonan
July 29, 2009, 02:19 PM
Ok so I love these last 3 chapters (2 previous and this) for several reasons.

About 50 chapters ago when Kizaru was first introduced and he was another Logia and made many people worry that NW was just going to be flooded with logias and OP was going to turn into "everyone powerful has a logia fruit" cliche. I for one was apart of this fearing camp but in this last year Oda has introduced haki as a neutralization and presented 2 DF's (both paramecia) that are just SO awesome. Magallen and WB both AWESOME FRUITS, Oda also went as far as to have magallen one shot argueably the strongest fruit in the OP world (BB and his darkness fruit) and now the strongest man in the OP world is also a paramecia and OMG a earthquake fruit that's SO cool.

And since then it's just been shock after twist after shock I can't think the last time that three subsequent chapters have had three massive twists that i was NEVER expecting
1) Ace being the son of Gol.D
2) WB's arrivals with a trunk load of powerful NW pirates in his wake
3) Ace being an aggressor against WB even after joining his crew

Ace's develop was something i was always fearing with these chapters looming as I was scared it was going to be a really cliched past, but my god, Oda has surpassed ALL my expectations.

next big talk seems to be Akainu's power, obviously it would make most sense that Akainu's power be magma but to be honest i just don't think that's Oda's style, think how many times he's drawn us in and then made us all sound like fools :D my guess something totally unexpected but we'll all be like "OMG SO AWESOME", but tsill you never know haha

I also think now Gol.D MUST have had a DF and i think it's gotta be tied to mindreading or my favorite idea which I've stolen from Heroes "he can tell the history of all objects he touched" but the only thing we can be sure of is that Gol must have been the biggest beast in the world to tie with WB and then preceed to beat him to becoming PK

I also think the reason WB doesn't want to be PK is he probably feels he lost the right to the claim. Think about it, he was a pirate of Gol's era and Gol completed the grandline first he probably feels like he had his shot and failed and now wants to pass that chance to Ace :D

I so hope it's actually Ace vs Luffy at the end and not BB vs Luffy and i would LOVE Ace to beat BB for the right to face Luffy so he gets some payback :D

Who else wants BB vs Ace II :D

kkck
July 29, 2009, 02:25 PM

I am not sure of what you are talking about... what 4 elements?

NANLIT
July 29, 2009, 02:38 PM
Maybe he's talking about the 4 elements that the Ancient Greeks believed existed. Fire, water, earth, and air.

Bugzee
July 29, 2009, 02:43 PM
Ok so I love these last 3 chapters (2 previous and this) for several reasons.

About 50 chapters ago when Kizaru was first introduced and he was another Logia and made many people worry that NW was just going to be flooded with logias and OP was going to turn into "everyone powerful has a logia fruit" cliche. I for one was apart of this fearing camp but in this last year Oda has introduced haki as a neutralization and presented 2 DF's (both paramecia) that are just SO awesome. Magallen and WB both AWESOME FRUITS, Oda also went as far as to have magallen one shot argueably the strongest fruit in the OP world (BB and his darkness fruit) and now the strongest man in the OP world is also a paramecia and OMG a earthquake fruit that's SO cool.

And since then it's just been shock after twist after shock I can't think the last time that three subsequent chapters have had three massive twists that i was NEVER expecting
1) Ace being the son of Gol.D
2) WB's arrivals with a trunk load of powerful NW pirates in his wake
3) Ace being an aggressor against WB even after joining his crew

Ace's develop was something i was always fearing with these chapters looming as I was scared it was going to be a really cliched past, but my god, Oda has surpassed ALL my expectations.

next big talk seems to be Akainu's power, obviously it would make most sense that Akainu's power be magma but to be honest i just don't think that's Oda's style, think how many times he's drawn us in and then made us all sound like fools :D my guess something totally unexpected but we'll all be like "OMG SO AWESOME", but tsill you never know haha

I also think now Gol.D MUST have had a DF and i think it's gotta be tied to mindreading or my favorite idea which I've stolen from Heroes "he can tell the history of all objects he touched" but the only thing we can be sure of is that Gol must have been the biggest beast in the world to tie with WB and then preceed to beat him to becoming PK

I also think the reason WB doesn't want to be PK is he probably feels he lost the right to the claim. Think about it, he was a pirate of Gol's era and Gol completed the grandline first he probably feels like he had his shot and failed and now wants to pass that chance to Ace :D

I so hope it's actually Ace vs Luffy at the end and not BB vs Luffy and i would LOVE Ace to beat BB for the right to face Luffy so he gets some payback :D

Who else wants BB vs Ace II :D

+1 for BB vs Ace II!!!

I have mixed feelings about luffy vs ace for PK title. But your right past 3 chapters have been amazing!

Lee-tyme7
July 29, 2009, 02:48 PM
Ok WB is confirmed to be earthquake DF so Akainu is...maybe earth logia? He could stop WB attack in an instinct. All he has to do is create a giant wall or shift the ground to knock the tsunami offcourse. LOL!
And I think Ace will just hand Luffy the Pirate King title with a silver plate but after he fight Luffy. haha.

sh4dx
July 29, 2009, 02:50 PM
guys i don't believe that bb will be the last one..we'll have another 500 chapters so i don't think oda will keep bb on the scene for so many years..ace is a good option yes.but it will be magnificent if that when luffy n crew goes to raftel and meeting shanks & mihawk(as we've seen they have friendly relation) and we will have luffy v shanks & zoro v mihawk to prove them that they have become the best, one as great pirate(PK) and the other as greatest swordsman in the world

Kaiser Will
July 29, 2009, 02:51 PM
Wow, an earthquake man, that's was awesome.
Now we now why WB is the strongest in the world, even some powerfull logias couldn't handle him, anyway, how someone can fight in equal terms with a guy like that, the man I speaking about is Roger, of course, he must be a monster, that we all know he is.

Now I understand Sengoku face when he said that Ace life shall come to an end today no matter what even if it means to fight WB himself, now that we see WB power maybe 80.000 marines must have pee in their pants after that Tsunami.

About the war and marines allies, I think at the moment Hancock sees Luffy's she will change sides.
Don't know about the others but this will be so cool.

trockenpflaume
July 29, 2009, 02:57 PM
i think its an really interesting theory that every admiral has a advantage, and a disadvantage against one of the two others, the old pokemon water, fire, leaf thing <(^^<)
so akainu has 2 be strong against light and weak against ice (cause light melt ice)

a plantman would be one explanation: freezed by ice, absorbing light
another one would be if he is pure energy, so he can control or manipulate (active?) energy
so he could absorb the kinetic energy of kizaru, which makes him slower/weaker or absorb the thermal of his lasers
ice is an element without (much) energy, because energy must be revoked 2 freeze something, so akainu wouldnt have much control of him

red could just be the color of his energy, it would be ok since light and ice could have an other color too

so he couldnt stop the wave but take out some of the energy so it crashed in and the damage wouldnt be this much

Lord Rayleigh
July 29, 2009, 02:57 PM
I am not sure of what you are talking about... what 4 elements?
You said he can control the earth and the sea. I've seen in a pic that he can also do airquake. That means he is not an earthquake man but rather a quake man.
So, that's why I sum up with the 4 elements saying he cannot control them but affect them on purpose with his powers.

d3death
July 29, 2009, 02:58 PM
That spoiler about Akinu stoping is most probably FAKE

Lord Rayleigh
July 29, 2009, 03:01 PM
That spoiler about Akinu stoping is most probably FAKE
About the translation of the pics, the pic 4 is probably before the pic 3 according to the sentences.

jamjamstyle
July 29, 2009, 03:02 PM
Lol, after reading the spoilers... I'm hoping that WB won't try to recruit the Strawhats the way like WB did with the Spade Pirates. He's probably in need for a 4th Division commander XD

d3death
July 29, 2009, 03:06 PM
About the translation of the pics, the pic 4 is probably before the pic 3 according to the sentences.

Thanks for point that out..
svg used http://t3k.freecp.net/onepiece/ to translate.. and there it was 3rd pic...
lemme fix

deprince69
July 29, 2009, 03:10 PM
Ok WB is confirmed to be earthquake DF so Akainu is...maybe earth logia? He could stop WB attack in an instinct. All he has to do is create a giant wall or shift the ground to knock the tsunami offcourse. LOL!
And I think Ace will just hand Luffy the Pirate King title with a silver plate but after he fight Luffy. haha.

lol that would be soo like naruto ahaha but i doubt that would be the case cuz if akuine would have had a counter DF to WBs then Sengoku wouldn't make a big deal about his power

Tsukisama
July 29, 2009, 03:16 PM
After seeing these spoilers pics, WB will either die or get severely/fatally injured! BB will return for sure towards the end of this battle! and thats when Rayliegh will show up! I think Rayliegh will be the only one who will be able to withstand (at the very least) BB's DF ability!

Well anyway great chapter to look forward 2! Thanks to those who got them early 4 us!

I don't think that we will be seeing Rayleigh during this war. He did say that he wanted to retire from the life of piracy. He only helped Luffy because he reminded him of the Pirate King. Entering this war would make him once again a prime target of the Marines, which he doesn't seem to want.

The only reason I can imagine why Rayleigh might come to the scene is because Ace is Roger's son, but I don't think Rayleigh would feel the need to come with the forces that WB is bringing.

Rayleigh's role right now in the story is being the steward of Thousand Sunny in the absence of the Strawhat crew. He will protect the ship until the Strawhats reassemble. So, he needs to stay on the archipelago.
[hr]
WB's ability is very interesting. I didn't expect him to be a DF user, but since he is, I am glad that his DF is as epic as it is.

I am not surprised that Aokiji can't stop a tsunami freezing, and I'm not surprised that Kizaru isn't mentioned as trying to stop it. (What would he do with his light powers against a tsunami? :amuse) The only thing about the spoiler (if I understand the translation correctly) that is surprising is that Akainu seems to have the possibility of stopping it like Aokiji had the possibility of stopping it.

This must mean that Akainu has some ability that has an effect on water; otherwise, his DF power would be crippled by the water. So, that probably means that he doesn't have a Zoan-type DF like some suggested. Assuming he has a Logia (Paramecia is still possible but would break the Logia-for-Admirals theme that has been going :amuse), I am going with either a flower- or magma-based, since one would absorb and the other might evaporate the wave.

Lord Rayleigh
July 29, 2009, 03:21 PM
I have read that WB is sick and will die soon whatever happens in some of the first spoilers. I do not remember if it was true or not, but that could explain why WB always wears a black bandana covering all the top of his head. Indeed, I do not think he has that from the beginning of this piracy as it is not really beautiful and useful either.
It may be that he does not have hair anymore because of a cancer or another kind of illness. Thus, he would have decided to wear a black bandana after he would have lost his hair. That would explain why he has got nurses to take care of him on his boat.

And the true is also that I would really like to see later a flashback of the both rivals for the PK title and with a heary WB. :p

I do not want to imagine/learn that WB has always been bald. :facepalm

PipePlaza
July 29, 2009, 03:42 PM
offtopic..i just rewatch the battle between luffy n moria.actually i think it's a draw because both of them fell unconcious(don't remember how is writing xD)
This should go to the Power of Shichibukai thread in the tree of knowledge... There's no point to an off-topic message.

Raijū
July 29, 2009, 04:10 PM
And if Akainu DF has as side effect to turn his skin red...

kaizoku king
July 29, 2009, 04:24 PM
the way luffy just told everyone that secret after not even mentioning something like that for 500+ chapters are just amazing i dont kno if he is good at keeping secrets or is one of the biggest idiots ever or he only answers secrets when he is in a situations that they could be used for an answer any way its just amazing how he does it

RichardMNixon
July 29, 2009, 04:35 PM
the way luffy just told everyone that secret after not even mentioning something like that for 500+ chapters are just amazing i dont kno if he is good at keeping secrets or is one of the biggest idiots ever or he only answers secrets when he is in a situations that they could be used for an answer any way its just amazing how he does it

It never came up before. If someone asked him about Moria, he'd mention beating him. But he wouldn't brag about it, as Garp said.

gucci mane
July 29, 2009, 04:36 PM
I don't think that we will be seeing Rayleigh during this war. He did say that he wanted to retire from the life of piracy. He only helped Luffy because he reminded him of the Pirate King. Entering this war would make him once again a prime target of the Marines, which he doesn't seem to want.

The only reason I can imagine why Rayleigh might come to the scene is because Ace is Roger's son, but I don't think Rayleigh would feel the need to come with the forces that WB is bringing.

Rayleigh's role right now in the story is being the steward of Thousand Sunny in the absence of the Strawhat crew. He will protect the ship until the Strawhats reassemble. So, he needs to stay on the archipelago.
<hr noshade size="1">
WB's ability is very interesting. I didn't expect him to be a DF user, but since he is, I am glad that his DF is as epic as it is.

I am not surprised that Aokiji can't stop a tsunami freezing, and I'm not surprised that Kizaru isn't mentioned as trying to stop it. (What would he do with his light powers against a tsunami? :amuse) The only thing about the spoiler (if I understand the translation correctly) that is surprising is that Akainu seems to have the possibility of stopping it like Aokiji had the possibility of stopping it.

This must mean that Akainu has some ability that has an effect on water; otherwise, his DF power would be crippled by the water. So, that probably means that he doesn't have a Zoan-type DF like some suggested. Assuming he has a Logia (Paramecia is still possible but would break the Logia-for-Admirals theme that has been going :amuse), I am going with either a flower- or magma-based, since one would absorb and the other might evaporate the wave.

How is it that we all assume that Raleigh is still in archipelago AY!. He could have been captured by Kizaru or even killed by Kizaru AY!. I mean, I don't see him just saying "well the straw hats are gone so I will be taking my leave Kizaru AY!" and Kizaru saying "OK, I see no reason for bringing you in, your just the first mate of the legendary Pirate King AY!." AY!. There is absolutely no way that situation could have been good for Raleigh AY!. The only way I could see him escaping is if Kuma transported him out of there AY!. Otherwise he is on his way to Impel Down and gets there like "What The Fuck" :o AY!.

I don't want to derail the discussion of this thread; so, I will respond to this in the Mega Convo thread

Underpowered
July 29, 2009, 04:43 PM
Ok just to get this right....
Ace fought evenly vs Jimbei...but he couldnt even scratch a sleeping whitebeard? o__O
That just shows how huge the gap between WB and other people is.
Can't wait for the chapter.

Lord Rayleigh
July 29, 2009, 04:55 PM
He could not have killed WB while he was sleeping because WB suddenly woke up. Then, Ace tried to kill him with an axe while he was walking.
I guess Ace was a really difficult one to tame : after all, he had to forget his own glory/dream as he has to take the name of WB upon his back. But WB managed to tame Ace : that says what a strong leader WB is.

Black Lagoon
July 29, 2009, 04:58 PM
Ok just to get this right....
Ace fought evenly vs Jimbei...but he couldnt even scratch a sleeping whitebeard? o__O
That just shows how huge the gap between WB and other people is.
Can't wait for the chapter.

Man he is the strongest

He could not have killed WB while he was sleeping because WB suddenly woke up. Then, Ace tried to kill him with an axe while he was walking.
I guess Ace was a really difficult one to tame : after all, he had to forget his own glory/dream as he has to take the name of WB upon his back. But WB managed to tame Ace : that says what a strong leader WB is.

same to what wanted Sanji to do in that Island (with the old man)

k-dom
July 29, 2009, 05:55 PM
Hopefully Iva ate the hormone fruit. She would have died of a heart attack after each new big revelation Luffy is telling her :-)