PDA

View Full Version : Shounen Air Gear by Oh! Great

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

eni
July 26, 2009, 06:44 PM
http://i.imgur.com/Ooi7l.jpg

Air Gear (http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=491)
By: Oh! Great (http://www.mangaupdates.com/authors.html?id=288)
Genre: Action, Ecchi, Sports
Serialized In: Weekly Shounen Magazine (http://www.mangaupdates.com/publishers.html?pubname=Weekly+Shonen+Magazine)
Publisher: Kodansha

Itsuki Minami needs no introduction – everybody’s heard of the “Babyface” of the Eastside. He’s the toughest kid at Higashi Junior High School, easy on the eyes but dangerously tough when he needs to be. Plus, Itsuki lives with the mysterious and sexy Noyamano sisters. Life is never dull, but it becomes dangerous when Itsuki leads his school to victory over some vindictive Westside punks with gangster connections. Now he stands to lose his school, his friends, and everything he cares about. But in his darkest hour, the Noyamano girls come to Itsuki’s aid. They can teach him a powerful skill that will save their school from the gangsters’ siege–and introduce Itsuki to a thrilling and terrifying new world.

The Air Gear Discussion Archive is Available Here. (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php/886-Air-Gear)

eyesotope
July 26, 2009, 06:48 PM
thanks a lot eni and sorry for starting the party prematurely :)
I had no idea AG had a subforum before.. but I'm glad for this second chance :D
I hope to see lotsa activity here now :D

CannedJam
July 26, 2009, 06:58 PM
This thread was moved into it's own chapter discussion thread after creating an Air Gear subboard. Just as information for those who are subscribed and wonder about the low page count :XD

Have fun discussing but please take note that we have a separate spoiler thread (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51661) now. Any spoilers and spoiler discussion about the next chapter has to go there and be kept out of this thread. This one here is just for discussion on the current chapter content and predictions for the next one. Thank you :amuse

//edit
eyesotope, could you wait two minutes for me to create the hangout thread before you start the party? >.>

lol, I'm new here, so I don't know you, but from now on I won't forget your name! Thank you so much! lol
[hr]
AG had one before? wow, kinda sad what happened to it then.. :(

but its back, and I hope it stays!

P.S. Kururu or death! XD

sabret00the
July 26, 2009, 07:07 PM
I thought it'd be a good idea for everyone to do a mini-Air Gear profile. We have a lot of new Air Gear fans and we're bound to get even more, so let's just fill out a small profile to help us get to know each other a bit better.

Your username:
Your Location:
Favourite Character:
Favourite Team:
Favourite Road:
Favourite Trick:
Favourite Moment/GOAT BAMF Moment:
Favourite Chapter:
Favourite Avatar (some people call em shadows, Kiric just had his mountain thing done):
Favourite Volume Cover:

Atobe the king
July 26, 2009, 10:26 PM
Cool...an AG subforum

meliadoul
July 27, 2009, 04:11 AM
Oh hey, a subforum. That's pretty cool for Air Gear.
I'm not surprised it had one before but died. Also not surprised it's more popular now. Myself, I lost interest in Air Gear not long after the whole Tower/Sora revelations. Only recently thanks to the tournament (and Ringo!) did it pick up in my opinion.

let's just fill out a small profile to help us get to know each other a bit better.
Just put everything related to Ringo (SF, Sonia road etc) and you'll have my profile.
Fav chapter? 140 I guess. The whole Ikki versus Ringo fight is my fav part (though Ringo's confession is up there now).
As for the covers, I think I've missed a lot. Does someone know if there's an Air Gear artbook btw?

edit: I just noticed that useful covers thread. Covers 20, 22 and 23 look great.

Kimei
July 27, 2009, 04:26 AM
At least, Air Gear subforum. ^_^

I had no idea AG had a subforum before..

And me too...

adbanginwar
July 27, 2009, 05:20 AM
is anime related to the manga??
i saw season1 of the anime...till this guy jumps over 35 meters or something.

if yes, please tell me how many chapters did those cover, i'll start after that.

eyesotope
July 27, 2009, 05:34 AM
my advice is that you read the manga from the start, I saw the anime a long way back but iirc the anime covers some chapters, skips a bunch, then covers some later chapters (anyone care to correct me if I'm mistaken?)..
I think you should check the manga anyway for Oh! Great's art :D

Kimei
July 27, 2009, 05:52 AM

Much moments are differently. (especially beginning with Magaki) I advice you to read it from the start, too...
But If you must read it from end of Anime, you should read it from 104 chapter. (After Trident arc)

Atobe the king
July 27, 2009, 09:11 AM
i saw season1 of the anime...till this guy jumps over 35 meters or something.

if yes, please tell me how many chapters did those cover, i'll start after that.

The anime doesn't do any justice to the manga...read from the beginning much better...but if you insist on reading after the devil 33, i think your looking for around the 80's

mizukiikki
July 27, 2009, 09:20 AM
i'm new here in this manga butit's awsome!!

Your username: Mizukiikki
Your Location: Brazil
Favourite Character: minami "ikki" itsuki
Favourite Team: Genesis
Favourite Road: Storm Road
Favourite Trick: the time's trick
Favourite Moment/GOAT BAMF Moment: the fight betwen ikki and him "sister"
Favourite Chapter: every D:
Favourite Avatar (some people call em shadows, Kiric just had his mountain thing done): don't have =/
Favourite Volume Cover: 4

Maledicente
July 27, 2009, 09:37 AM
Love those forms.

Your username: Maledicente. This question is pretty useless don't you think?
Your Location: Manaus/AM - Brasil.
Favourite Character: Ikki.
Favourite Team: Those wolves dudes whose name a totaly forgot.
Favourite Road: Wind/Storm
Favourite Trick: Shoe on Kilik's head.
Favourite Moment/GOAT BAMF Moment: Shoe on Kilik's head.
Favourite Chapter: First one. I though it was a silly (and boring) manga about skates without any pervertness and/or badassness.
Favourite Avatar (some people call em shadows, Kiric just had his mountain thing done): Dunno, there aren't that many.
Favourite Volume Cover: Actually I haven't see them yet.

Atobe the king
July 27, 2009, 09:51 AM
Your username: Atobe the king >_>
Your Location: NY,USA
Favourite Character: Sora Takeuchi/Kiric (can't decide)
Favourite Team: Genesis
Favourite Road: Flame Road
Favourite Trick: Crystal Sand Wind
Favourite Moment/GOAT BAMF Moment: Any Kiric Moment (particularly "do the likeliest that god would do)
Favourite Chapter: the whole Sora revelations arc
Favourite Avatar (some people call em shadows, Kiric just had his mountain thing done): Akiras Leviathan
Favourite Volume Cover: hmmm maybe 8

Kimei
July 27, 2009, 10:35 AM
Ok, let's go.

Your username: Kimei
Your Location: Cracow-Poland
Favourite Character: Ikki/Sora
Favourite Team: Kogarasumaru
Favourite Road: Wind Road
Favourite Trick: Agito Bloody Blade Fang. Though, I like many other his techniques with Fang, too.
Favourite Moment/GOAT BAMF Moment: Simca and Ringo in the bath. ^_^
Favourite Chapter: 212 for the end.
Favourite Avatar (some people call em shadows, Kiric just had his mountain thing done): None...
Favourite Volume Cover: 25.

Pirulito
July 27, 2009, 10:50 AM
Your username: Pirulitokun
Your Location: Brazil
Favourite Character: Kazu
Favourite Team: Former Sleeping Forest
Favourite Trick: Time Trick
Favourite Moment/GOAT BAMF Moment: any "Kogarasumaru, Kill! Kill! Kill!" moment or any moment that characters seem to fly.
Favourite Chapter: 168/69
Favourite Avatar (some people call em shadows, Kiric just had his mountain thing done): I don't know. I never though about it and I do not remember them all. I'll edit here later
Favourite Volume Cover: 15 or 20, can't decide

Aikyet
July 27, 2009, 11:29 AM
Hell yes!
Air Gear deserves to have its own section.
Happy Subforum Opening Day! :amuse
I knew it had one back then in 2006, but why was it closed? No matter, we have to keep this one alive and kicking :)

digitaldude
July 27, 2009, 11:31 AM
It`s about time air gear got a it`s own forum section back!

Your username:digitaldude
Your Location:United kingdom.
Favourite Character:Kazuma mikura
Favourite Team:Animal house!
Favourite Road:Bloody
Favourite Trick:Time trick
Favourite Moment/GOAT BAMF Moment:I don`t have one.
Favourite Chapter:Chapter 1 where it all began
Favourite Volume Cover:19

CannedJam
July 27, 2009, 03:58 PM
alright, this is gonna be pretty Kazu oriented :P

Username: CannedJam(Okay, that doesn't count lol)
Location: Ontario, Canada(CannedJam means Canadian Jamaican, lol)
Favorite Character: If its not obvious, Kazu =D
Favorite Team: Trident
Favorite Road: Flame Road
Favorite Trick:Time Manipulation(Kazu Edition) not really a trick, more of a technique
Favorite Moment: Any Possible KururuXIkki moment :)
Favorite Chapter: the Ikki Vs. Kazu chapters, 200 - 205 i think
Favorite Volume Cover: Chapter 19

sabret00the
July 27, 2009, 05:52 PM
Username: sabret00the
Favourite Trick: Infinite Tremor
Favourite Moment: Kazu's first awakening
Favourite Chapter: 214, though my favourite arc is Kazu's reawakening (the occult arc that everyone hates)
Favourite Volume Cover: I generally like the Ringo ones, even though i don't really like her.

Norenche
July 27, 2009, 06:03 PM
Your username: Norenche
Your Location: Barcelona, Spain
Favourite Character: Ikki
Favourite Team: Old Sleeping Forest
Favourite Road: Flame Road and Wind Road (Ikki with the Wind Regalia was far too awesome)
Favourite Moment: Ikki when Kururu finally puts the Wind Regalia on his AT and stops in mid-air and statrs flying with it.
Favourite Chapter: The ones with Ikki with the Wind Regalia

CannedJam
July 27, 2009, 06:22 PM
Favourite Chapter: 214, though my favourite arc is Kazu's reawakening (the occult arc that everyone hates)

I love that arc...not because Kazu is my favorite, but because it shows some of the best character development throughtout the whole series....and I'll be honest, It was amazing to see Kazu go at Ikki like that lol

I don't understand why people hate it?:(

Now..I hope I got this quote thing right for once

sabret00the
July 27, 2009, 06:51 PM
I love that arc...not because Kazu is my favorite, but because it shows some of the best character development throughtout the whole series....and I'll be honest, It was amazing to see Kazu go at Ikki like that lol

I don't understand why people hate it?:(

Now..I hope I got this quote thing right for once
People hate it because they felt that Kazu joining a cult was too far fetched and too far from the story as we knew it at the time. A lot of the complaints that I've read are that people felt it just didn't fit. Though I felt it was highly necessary. That arc is Kazu's regalia.

Lillimarie
July 27, 2009, 11:26 PM
I thought it'd be a good idea for everyone to do a mini-Air Gear profile. We have a lot of new Air Gear fans and we're bound to get even more, so let's just fill out a small profile to help us get to know each other a bit better.

Your username:
Your Location:
Favourite Character:
Favourite Team:
Favourite Road:
Favourite Trick:
Favourite Moment/GOAT BAMF Moment:
Favourite Chapter:
Favourite Avatar (some people call em shadows, Kiric just had his mountain thing done):
Favourite Volume Cover:

Your username: Lillimarie xD Just call me Lilli
Your Location: North Carolina USA
Favourite Character: Ringo
Favourite Team: Sleeping Forest
Favourite Road: Sonia Road
Favourite Trick: ? Thorn Regalia :D ?
Favourite Moment: The Ringo x Ikki Fight
Favourite Chapter: ^
Favourite Avatar:?
Favourite Volume Cover:?

psycheamore
July 28, 2009, 03:23 AM
Hello! I'm new here. I have been reading Air Gear since 2007 and I luv it like crazy! Oh!Great rules :)

Your username: psycheamore, but you can call me Amy :D
Your Location: Dhaka
Favourite Character:Ringo/Yoshitsune/Kilik
Favourite Team:Kogarasumaru
Favourite Road:Over Road
Favourite Trick:Infinite Stratum: Glabito Suffocate
Favourite Moment: Dunno
Favourite Chapter:Um, not sure...
Favourite Avatar:Orca's one
Favourite Volume Cover:Haven't seen em all :(
[hr]
Question for anyone around: has Kogarasumaru merged with Sleeping Forest. Are they allies or something?

Ustegius
July 28, 2009, 05:19 AM
Yay! Air Gear subforum! Awesome, now we need one for HSD Kenichi, and then all is fine for the time being.

Your username: Ustegius
Your Location: Finland
Favourite Character: Ikki/Sora/Ringo/Buccha/Kazu, way too many :D
Favourite Road: Storm or Flame
Favourite Trick: Hmm, I must say I enjoy the simple not superpowerish ones, like wallscaling etc. the early stuff. Pile Tornado is cool though.
Favourite Moment/GOAT BAMF Moment: Hmm, so many.
Favourite Chapter: Not a spedific one
Favourite Avatar (some people call em shadows, Kiric just had his mountain thing done): ?
Favourite Volume Cover: Haevn't seen them all, but one with Ringo, can't remeber the number.

CannedJam
July 28, 2009, 05:50 AM
People hate it because they felt that Kazu joining a cult was too far fetched and too far from the story as we knew it at the time. A lot of the complaints that I've read are that people felt it just didn't fit. Though I felt it was highly necessary. That arc is Kazu's regalia.

Weird, I think any type of character development is pretty much close to home. Well at first it was sort of weird, but then Ikki got involved in the arc and it suddenly become more clear. Its very necessary

makosan
July 28, 2009, 06:57 AM
Your username:makosan
Your Location:Philippines
Favourite Character:Ringo, Yoshitsune
Favourite Team:Trident
Favourite Road:Thorn Road
Favourite Trick:Infinite Chain
Favourite Moment/GOAT BAMF Moment:Ringo vs Ikki
Favourite Chapter:132-140
Favourite Volume Cover:20

eyesotope
July 28, 2009, 07:29 AM
Hello! I'm new here. I have been reading Air Gear since 2007 and I luv it like crazy! Oh!Great rules :)

hello! and welcome to MangaHelpers :)

Favourite Volume Cover:Haven't seen em all :(

you can find covers from vol-01 to 18 at the picture gallery Air Gear volume covers gallery (http://mangahelpers.com/photoplog/index.php?c=126)
and Pirulitokun posted the rest on a separate thread on this forum here (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51665)
I got them a while back from the volume covers thread (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25090) at the Otaku Cafe forum, but it'll be difficult to locate the posts/pages where they are :sweat

Question for anyone around: has Kogarasumaru merged with Sleeping Forest. Are they allies or something?

officially the two teams are still rivals, but the recent events sees them forming a (possibly temporary) alliance..

psycheamore
July 28, 2009, 07:38 AM
Thanks eyesotope :) Much appreciated... I've been looking for the volume 24/25 cover coz it's supposed to have many of the characters in it...

I've been thinking those two would collaborate... I have a feeling Ringo's going to get killed... It's pretty much one of my biggest fears... But at one point I thought Ringo vs. Ikki would be the final because the final takes place under 0 gravity and Ringo's the only one who can withstand it, if I remember correctly... However that would be pretty disappointing for a final in a shounen manga.

Anyone think Air Gear will end after the Gram Scale Tourney??

eyesotope
July 28, 2009, 07:42 AM
I think that O!G will show us Ringo battling in the zero-gravity tower, that's why I don't think she'll die anytime soon if ever :amuse

psycheamore
July 28, 2009, 07:50 AM
Heh, that's been my only consolation...
[hr]
What are your opinions on Ikki's training with Sora? Will it help him battle in zero gravity?

And, will his new regalia help him?

eyesotope
July 28, 2009, 08:01 AM
I wonder what a storm will do in zero-gravity.. but what I want to see most is Ikki forming his own road until it becomes different enough from the wind road..
so far what he's been doing are mostly what Sora taught him when he was a "wind king" contender, but I want to see him invent his own stuff for the new road he's chosen

psycheamore
July 28, 2009, 08:07 AM
storm road... i guess it should be a mixture of the wind and over roads... right? the ramjet regalia's gonna be merged with core of the bagram. so i don't think his new road's gonna be that unique. but it will be sorta special... after all storm is just a version of wind... i wonder what the introduction of the ramjet core will do...
[hr]
i just read up on the ramjet core. it will help ikki truly make a storm. coz it makes the wind spin with super high speed!

sabret00the
July 28, 2009, 08:18 AM
I think we're all eager to see if the Storm Regalia will be just another Wing Regalia or whether it'll be something original. However there is a lot of scope there. I keep on imagining Ikki storing up wind in his regalia and releasing it at will.

psycheamore
July 28, 2009, 08:27 AM
I guess it'll be special coz oh!great will glorify the moment. i expect ikki making gigantic twisters...

Maledicente
July 28, 2009, 11:00 AM
Storm is something like overpowered wind in nature. And just like that it's uncontrollable and destroys everything on its way. It's a road that fits a villain if you ask me.

makosan
July 28, 2009, 01:12 PM
Storm is something like overpowered wind in nature. And just like that it's uncontrollable and destroys everything on its way. It's a road that fits a villain if you ask me.

True that the term Storm is a little meanacing. But hey to beat a 'wind' one has to be more powerful than that.

About the the AG ending after Gram Scale, I dont think so, with the competition getting near to finish, some topics haven't tackled yet about the important characters then with new, out of nowhere revelations heating up at the moment. I guess it will be cool if this is just an arc (GST Arc perhaps?)

AG's world is too big to just end in this tourney right?

Pirulito
July 28, 2009, 01:26 PM
Thanks eyesotope :) Much appreciated... I've been looking for the volume 24/25 cover coz it's supposed to have many of the characters in it...

Volume 24 cover-> http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1285363&postcount=1584

I didn't link it to Air Gear Volume Cover thread 'cause it isn't HQ version at all. ^^ My bad.

Anyone think Air Gear will end after the Gram Scale Tourney??

About the the AG ending after Gram Scale, I dont think so, with the competition getting near to finish, some topics haven't tackled yet about the important characters then with new, out of nowhere revelations heating up at the moment. I guess it will be cool if this is just an arc (GST Arc perhaps?)

AG's world is too big to just end in this tourney right?

I believe all question will be answered during the Gram Scale arc. I think no need to extend more

CannedJam
July 28, 2009, 01:36 PM
I have a feeling there will be a wrap up arc afterwards, which will be very short, and then it'll end.

psycheamore
July 29, 2009, 07:13 AM
Thanks a bunch Pirulitokun!

A short wrap up arc would be disappointing coz, like makosan said, there's still a lot more to be explained. At least I think a lot more can be explained. And what's the problem with extending Air Gear a lil bit, right :D

Question: who's that silly boy with the blond hair that sticks up? I know he's someone new in Kogarasumaru, but what is he called?

eyesotope
July 29, 2009, 07:39 AM
Question: who's that silly boy with the blond hair that sticks up? I know he's sorta new, but what is he called? Thanks :)

I think you're talking about Nobunaga.. the guy was introduced back in ch82 http://www.onemanga.com/Air_Gear/82/02/

It's a road that fits a villain if you ask me.

or a revolutionary ;)

besides, there are flame roads and blood roads and...and...
storm road sounds mundanely non-threatening compared to some other roads.. unless you're in the middle of the sea :D

sabret00the
July 29, 2009, 07:47 AM
That was who I was gonna say too.

psycheamore
July 29, 2009, 10:02 AM
Nobunaga, ah. They recruited him or something? I started reading after thee devil's 33 arc so I guess I didn't see him... I just realized that there's a lot of difference between the manga and the anime, eh??

250 raw's out! I'm gonna go through it even if I don't understand :P

CannedJam
July 29, 2009, 02:11 PM
Thanks a bunch Pirulitokun!

A short wrap up arc would be disappointing coz, like makosan said, there's still a lot more to be explained. At least I think a lot more can be explained. And what's the problem with extending Air Gear a lil bit, right :D

Question: who's that silly boy with the blond hair that sticks up? I know he's someone new in Kogarasumaru, but what is he called?

Well when I say short I don't mean really short, just not as long as a regular arc. Maybe 15-30 chapters. I think AG should end around 350-360.

Oh and I was kinda sad when I stopped seeing Nobunaga in the manga. I know he's still around, but he gets no panel time.

Kimei
July 29, 2009, 05:47 PM
250 raw's out! I'm gonna go through it even if I don't understand :P

Heh, Me too. I don't understand what going on the firsts page's but it's awesome! 8D

Well when I say short I don't mean really short, just not as long as a regular arc. Maybe 15-30 chapters.

Yes, I think that too.

I think AG should end around 350-360.

It should have so much chapters as Hajime no Ippo has. ^^

suarhnir
July 29, 2009, 07:33 PM
oyos

yay!! ag has its own real section on mangahelpers! guess i'll be posting more on here now

mr.danly
July 29, 2009, 07:45 PM
http://www.onemanga.com/Air_Gear/230/20/

I was rereading Air Gear the other day and I stumbled upon this page... has it been revealed what Agito was talking about when he spoke of "reinforcements"?

suarhnir
July 29, 2009, 08:29 PM
oyos

basically the 'reinforcements' were the general populace. apparently the gst has never been publicly broadcasted, so no one really knew much about was really going on in the a-t world. the advantage of broadcasting the tournament is to have the people know and acknowledge a certain winner who would then be the only one to have the right to claim the sky regalia. in other words, sora would be hard pressed to just steal the the sky regalia if his team, genesis, end up losing in the gst.

psycheamore
July 30, 2009, 01:01 AM
350-360?? That's not much at all! It should continue forever lol...

Anyways, I just read 250 online. It's decently interesting... Thanks Rena-chan! And everyone should try to help her out :) Can't wait for the english version :)

eyesotope
July 30, 2009, 02:00 AM
Oh and I was kinda sad when I stopped seeing Nobunaga in the manga. I know he's still around, but he gets no panel time.

there's a number of such under-utilized characters in Air Gear (hell, I consider Kururu to be one those), hopefully we'll see them get to do something at some point, it's never too late..

oyos

yay!! ag has its own real section on mangahelpers! guess i'll be posting more on here now

that's good to hear, as you can see despite the Air Gear section being brand new, it's already quite lively and full of activity :)..

psycheamore
July 30, 2009, 07:37 AM
there's a number of such under-utilized characters in Air Gear (hell, I consider Kururu to be one those), hopefully we'll see them get to do something at some point, it's never too late..

The characters who were introduced a bit later on in the manga are kinda under-emphasized. But sometimes they get a few chapters centred on themselves. They just don't play such an important part I guess... cameos lol :D But Kururu should be a main character, right?

miyavisoap
July 30, 2009, 08:18 AM
oh sweeeeet<3 now theres a separate section for air gear! i mean, we really did need one since it was so crowded to be just a thread :amuse.

@psycheamore
yesh! kururu should be the main chara!!!!!!!!

psycheamore
July 30, 2009, 09:31 AM
She really should be a main character... but I don't like her too much so not wishing much for it :p
[hr]
What chances are there that Kilik has brain tumor? Was something like this mentioned before? It was on the chapter 250/251 discussion board...

sabret00the
July 30, 2009, 07:05 PM
I think the chances are decent. we've seen what he's done to his body, it'd make sense that his brain took damage.
[hr]
eni (hoping you read everything), do you reckon you could get the forum description fixed please? Ikki's team is Kogarasumaru not Sleeping Forest.
Done~
[hr]
Thanks eni, you're a star!

makosan
July 30, 2009, 08:31 PM
I think the chances are decent. we've seen what he's done to his body, it'd make sense that his brain took damage.
<hr noshade size="1">
eni (hoping you read everything), do you reckon you could get the forum description fixed please? Ikki's team is Kogarasumaru not Sleeping Forest.
Done~
<hr noshade size="1">
Thanks eni, you're a star!

I was wondering about that lol. Many thanks Eni

If he has (hopefully not) brain tumor, my guess is that his battle with Sora will be the last.

sabret00the
July 31, 2009, 04:47 AM
I think that Kiric dying due to illness rather than AT battle could be good. I mean we pretty much know that SF will lose the coming battle, so having Kiric immortalised before hand and having Sora pissed that he won't get to fight him could work.

psycheamore
July 31, 2009, 11:23 AM
Well it's obvious that the final won't be between SF and Kogarasumaru mainly for 2 reasons:
1) They're pretty much allies and don't really wanna hurt each other.
2) It'd be silly coz the enemy is Sora/Genesis.

Kilik shouldn't die coz I really don't think he's sick. Of course he does look sick and so does Agito and I think Agito was dying(it was mentioned in the Orca-arc probably)... Oh well, he doesn't have much of a use...

Question: how did Agito's fangs exactly help his teammates leave their planes??

And I think Ikki and Buccha paired up to fight Loki either coz Ikki needs the latter's help or coz otherwise one of them would be without a plane to ride on...

suarhnir
July 31, 2009, 11:51 AM
Question: how did Agito's fangs exactly help his teammates leave their planes??

And I think Ikki and Buccha paired up to fight Loki either coz Ikki needs the latter's help or coz otherwise one of them would be without a plane to ride on...

oyos

agito's fangs are thicker than the air which is enough for the rest of koga, who are not wing road riders, to ride on. while it initially looked like he was attacking freyja, it was actually to create paths between the planes. riding on fang was first demonstrated in the behemoth match by ikki and agito, which was before sora taught ikki how to grasp the wind.

as for the buccha and ikki pairing up, its because that's what kiric instructed them to do. we were never shown kiric giving the play by play directions but everything leading up to sf losing connection was under kiric's orders.

though i think everyone, including kiric, have forgotten about jiggy.

sabret00the
July 31, 2009, 01:15 PM

Just FYI, there are around two/three free planes right now

psycheamore
August 01, 2009, 03:13 AM
Thanks guys. I remember the how Agito's fangs were utilized in the Behemoth battle now...

Jiggy most probably isn't even important. Sleipnir's itself is pretty boring lol. However there is the possibility of Jiggy showing up and putting up a decent fight...

garf03
August 01, 2009, 11:03 PM
as you say, jiggy is not important he is only in the team so they can figth kogarasumaru, cauise tecnically, the team still being jiggy but with some new members, that why he was on the team but is meaningless in the fight

sabret00the
August 03, 2009, 04:04 AM
Well it's not like Wacky Kouichi is Jiggy, if Wacky was defeated and they took the emblem, it's there's to do with as they wish. So no, they didn't need him. He's there for a reason and IMO it's not to just make up the numbers.

jamjamstyle
August 03, 2009, 06:26 AM
Noticed something funny XD

http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/6552/ran6164.jpg (http://img43.imageshack.us/i/ran6164.jpg/)

http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/9769/ran6176.jpg (http://img43.imageshack.us/i/ran6176.jpg/)

Does this look familiar to someone?

sabret00the
August 03, 2009, 06:36 AM
Kururu!

psycheamore
August 03, 2009, 07:18 AM
Perhaps Sleipnir needs Wacky Kouichi. Perhaps without him it'd be illegal for only Sleipnir members to represent Jiggy. Everyone just says Jiggy coz they don't remember Wacky Kouichi's name lol :D Thanks for pointing it out...
[hr]
jamjamstyle - um who's that? Kururu? Or is it another manga coz the guy does not look familiar at all :O

jamjamstyle
August 03, 2009, 08:39 AM
jamjamstyle - um who's that? Kururu? Or is it another manga coz the guy does not look familiar at all :O

She's a character in the manga: Rappi Rangai. The first thing popped up in my mind was: huh, what's kururu doing in this manga?

psycheamore
August 03, 2009, 08:49 AM
Kururu definitely has crazier hair lol XD

CannedJam
August 03, 2009, 09:06 AM
She's a character in the manga: Rappi Rangai. The first thing popped up in my mind was: huh, what's kururu doing in this manga?

I love Rappi Rangai, can't wait for it when it comes to North America as "Ninja Girls" i think XD

But, nothing, and I mean nothing beats Kururu.

Kururu >> rest of AG female cast

jamjamstyle
August 03, 2009, 09:17 AM
I love Rappi Rangai, can't wait for it when it comes to North America as "Ninja Girls" i think XD

But, nothing, and I mean nothing beats Kururu.

Kururu >> rest of AG female cast

Agreed :)

The "Kururu" rappi rangai has exact the same personality as Kururu in Air Gear.

Here are some more pics if people are interested:

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/7203/ran6172.jpg (http://img19.imageshack.us/i/ran6172.jpg/)

http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/3820/ran6118.jpg (http://img268.imageshack.us/i/ran6118.jpg/)

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/9859/ran6109.jpg (http://img19.imageshack.us/i/ran6109.jpg/)

Dunno about the hair (looks the same to me) but the appearence really looks exactly the same.

eyesotope
August 03, 2009, 11:07 AM
The "Kururu" rappi rangai has exact the same personality as Kururu in Air Gear.

O_O but a lot bustier!!

hmmm.. haven't caught up with Rappi Rangai for a while (10 chapters I think).. time to catch up :D

sabret00the
August 03, 2009, 11:23 AM
Kazu/Flame Road fans, check this out and let me know your thoughts if you please 51977

garf03
August 03, 2009, 08:24 PM
ok guys of topic.
?
i have a question, if rika is pregnant, is sora the father?
cause is the only knowed boyfriend rika have ever had.

makosan
August 03, 2009, 11:11 PM
ok guys of topic.
?
i have a question, if rika is pregnant, is sora the father?
cause is the only knowed boyfriend rika have ever had.

It wasn't confirmed if it's really Sora since the later chapters after the revelation of her being pregnant focused on Koga's battle. But I think majority of the people reading AG believe he is.

But hey, maybe Kiric can be the father...you never know, behind the scenes the two done the deed back in old SF days lol.

suarhnir
August 04, 2009, 03:03 AM
oyos

if kiric and rika ever slept together back in their time as sf (old), they definitely didn't have a kid then. its been 6 years since we at least saw kiric kiss rika in that one scene.

as for sora being the father, it is the most likely scenario as rika did get back together with sora since ikki's disk battle with sora against rika, ringo, mikan and ume. though there's also a small chance that kiric somehow is the father.

Shrapnel
August 04, 2009, 03:05 AM
Hey ... it could even be Nike. >.>;

sabret00the
August 04, 2009, 05:07 AM
If that happened, I'd fully expect Sora to try and kill Nike. He might be a cold heartless bastard but he is possessive.

warbandit66
August 04, 2009, 07:42 AM
I don't think Nike would go after Rika, he has too much respect for his brother to do that, besides he only wants Simca.

mizukiikki
August 04, 2009, 07:46 AM
WHO YOU DOING PEOPLE??? tired of waiting the worst and powerful battle of the century? GENESIS VS SLEEPING FOREST \,,,/

sabret00the
August 04, 2009, 07:49 AM
WHO YOU DOING PEOPLE??? tired of waiting the worst and powerful battle of the century? GENESIS VS SLEEPING FOREST \,,,/
Why are you tired of waiting? It's still at least three hours away anyway and on top of that, I wouldn't be surprised if O!G pulled an Oda and skipped the whole thing for now bringing it back later as a flashback.

suarhnir
August 04, 2009, 12:02 PM
oyos

somehow, i think it'll be a flashback of the sf vs. genesis battle because o!g might focus on the rescue rika part then koga will return to the tower to see a finished battle (likely sf losing).

Aikyet
August 04, 2009, 12:11 PM
Why are you tired of waiting? It's still at least three hours away anyway and on top of that, I wouldn't be surprised if O!G pulled an Oda and skipped the whole thing for now bringing it back later as a flashback.

When did Oda make a flashback from such a big event?
However, to me this is quite possible since Kogarasumaru most likely won't be able to finish this fight quickly. Especially since we had the destruction of Trident in the same flashback manner.
On the other hand, we have ikki's promise to save Rika. And it was emphasised to believe that it would happen.

oyos

somehow, i think it'll be a flashback of the sf vs. genesis battle because o!g might focus on the rescue rika part then koga will return to the tower to see a finished battle (likely sf losing).

Although, with all said in mind, such possibility seems quite likely to me.

jamjamstyle
August 04, 2009, 12:55 PM

The outcome of that battle is pretty obvious, Genesis will prevail in that round, leaving sleeping forest with deep wounds (wonders if klilic or someone else dies in the progress). Kogarasumaru vs Genesis is the ending of the tournament and it might be aswell the ending of this manga.

Shrapnel
August 04, 2009, 04:50 PM
Perhaps in the middle of everything we might have a Brain Charger arc, with Lind and other Brain Chargers and stuff. And isn't ... Simca ... Kilik's twin sister (or something)?

suarhnir
August 04, 2009, 10:02 PM
oyos

yes, simca is kiric's twin sister. apparently, the experiment the scientists were attempting in even making them twins is to create completely genetically identical twins but only of different gender (which was successful)

makosan
August 05, 2009, 01:10 AM
oyos

yes, simca is kiric's twin sister. apparently, the experiment the scientists were attempting in even making them twins is to create completely genetically identical twins but only of different gender (which was successful)

Uhuh.

Speaking of Simca being Kiric's sister, is Simca included in the rejected experiments that was supposed to be disposed? I do remember that Sora said everyone was to be disposed of except Kiric. If they were the same genes and all identical should Simca be also the most talented of the Gravitiy children, just like Kiric and not to be thrown away?

suarhnir
August 05, 2009, 01:56 AM
Uhuh.

Speaking of Simca being Kiric's sister, is Simca included in the rejected experiments that was supposed to be disposed? I do remember that Sora said everyone was to be disposed of except Kiric. If they were the same genes and all identical should Simca be also the most talented of the Gravitiy children, just like Kiric and not to be thrown away?

oyos

all the grav kids had the best/select genes, but they may not always show the expected results. simca was never really part of sf, just a supporter connected through ttt, so its uncertain as to whether simca is a 'successful' one or not. the old sf members, not including kiric, were simply not showing adequate enough results/growth from the tests so they were slated to be 'disposed' of since the scientists didn't want to waste money raising deemed failures.

take for example on identical twins, its not uncommon for one to be more talented than the other. quite honestly, there's only a handful of identical twins out there who have shown themselves to be equally as good as the other.

psycheamore
August 05, 2009, 04:23 AM
Simca isn't talented in terms of being a storm rider... she may be an excellent tuner... I remember Ine Makigai comparing Kururu to her, saying something like no one other than Simca was able to perform tuning at the same level Kururu does or something :) Perhaps Simca was a success, but of a different kind?

And why do peeps like Kururu? She doesn't seem to have much of a personality... Just sweet and cute. She kinds reminds me of Simca lol.

And where's Emily Adachi? I didn't even see her at the start of this Jiggy series...

251 raw's out!!

sabret00the
August 05, 2009, 04:40 AM
I'm not particularly fond of Kururu myself but she's serves a major purpose and for that I'll let her be. As for Simca, it's possible she was a success, who knows? I know that the scientists were proud of her creation.

psycheamore
August 05, 2009, 06:21 AM
Why did Rika get guardianship of Mikan, Ringo and Ume in the first place? How was she even associated with gravity children (except for being a member of SF)?

sabret00the
August 05, 2009, 07:07 AM
Why did Rika get guardianship of Mikan, Ringo and Ume in the first place? How was she even associated with gravity children (except for being a member of SF)?
We're not sure, all we know is that they were given to her by Uncle Minami.

suarhnir
August 05, 2009, 12:12 PM
We're not sure, all we know is that they were given to her by Uncle Minami.

oyos

and we know that uncle minami was involved in the grav kid and brain charger projects. i think he was/is the head of the project? ine's dad was the technological side (and tower developement side) project head, i believe.

my personal theory is that uncle minami gave them to rika as an environmental test (see how they grow in a 'normal' lifestyle) to see if there's any effect on their growth as grav kids... i also think he was the one to give rika her thorn regalia. again, this is just my theory.

psycheamore
August 06, 2009, 12:24 AM
And he gave her Ikki as well, right? Ikki must be somehow related to the gravity children then... Perhaps he's the perfect gravity child?

suarhnir
August 06, 2009, 01:22 AM
And he gave her Ikki as well, right? Ikki must be somehow related to the gravity children then... Perhaps he's the perfect gravity child?

oyos

we've had this kind of question be brought up before. its still in the air as to which one he is.

on the support side, ikki was handed over to rika by uncle minami as well as handing ringo, mikan, and ume over as well. his 'talent' with a-ts and 'flying' in general is also support for being more than just normal. his eyes were changed to hide his identity. and that's it.

on the against side, ikki has no eye pattern whatsoever. scientists don't usually leave their subjects unmarked (the eye crosses) even if its "a perfect" one. eye surgery on an infant is just too risky (and ikki never had any done to him) and grav kids use contact lenses to hide their eyes (ikki doesn't use contacts either). also, throughout the beginning and up to the middle, there was a huge idea (which was the pretense that set kiric apart from the rest of old sf) in that normal humans were just as capable of riders and responsible enough to shoulder the burdens of 'regalias/king titles' (including the sky regalia). this point was largely supported by simca and spitfire namely. so for story/plot sake, it would be better for ikki to have just been a normal person who happens to be talented. and that's that argument.

personally, i prefer ikki to be normal who happens to be talented like yoshitsune, benkei, kazu, aeon, rika, kururu, ine, akira, etc.

sabret00the
August 06, 2009, 04:40 AM
I too would prefer Ikki to be normal. Also does anyone know why Ikki got Minami's surname and Ume never?

psycheamore
August 06, 2009, 07:37 AM
He most probably is. No one would like it if he was a gravity child lol... It would be like he was just talented coz he was a gc but not coz he's different or something.

Perhaps if he is a lab test, his eyes are normal coz the scientists wanted to make him as normal as possible... It's not necessarily that scientists want to keep their mark on gc... Also I wonder if gc have belly buttons?? Heh...

sabret00the
August 06, 2009, 08:31 AM
I love (read loathe) the fact that people are refusing to accept Ogure Ito's explanation of Battle Levels from within his own manga. Why do people third for power levels so much, what's wrong with simply treating them like the CV/resume's they are?

psycheamore
August 07, 2009, 11:32 AM
I love (read loathe) the fact that people are refusing to accept Ogure Ito's explanation of Battle Levels from within his own manga. Why do people third for power levels so much, what's wrong with simply treating them like the CV/resume's they are?

Er, what are you trying to mean??

sabret00the
August 07, 2009, 12:15 PM
Er, what are you trying to mean??
Oh yeah, that was a bit messed up. I was just ranting about the fact that on my travels through other Air Gear communities, I've read so many people confusing battle levels as Power Levels.

suarhnir
August 07, 2009, 12:41 PM
oyos

i find it funny in communities for bleach and naruto, they argue some of the same things with the stats. its all fanboy/girl-ism really... they just don't like the idea of their fav character to be 'ranked' in such a way.

i agree with sabret00the and that those levels are nothing more than like a resume/cv. its only the scores based on what was proven and done, not their overall potential. the stats may not even be accurate because whatever prior situation didn't allow for the full display of such skills.

i think that the READ rankings of their battle levels are ratings based upon when the rider has actually 'battled' another rider. i believe ikki and agito (maybe kazu too) are much higher of a level but their previous battles were unbeneficial to their rating.

lets say that you gain battle levels by defeating someone with a higher level, you gain very little if you and your opponent are similar levels, and you gain nothing if your opponent's levels is less than your own. this doesn't even take into account whether you actually win the overall parts war battle.

CannedJam
August 07, 2009, 10:03 PM
oyos

i find it funny in communities for bleach and naruto, they argue some of the same things with the stats. its all fanboy/girl-ism really... they just don't like the idea of their fav character to be 'ranked' in such a way.

i agree with sabret00the and that those levels are nothing more than like a resume/cv. its only the scores based on what was proven and done, not their overall potential. the stats may not even be accurate because whatever prior situation didn't allow for the full display of such skills.

i think that the READ rankings of their battle levels are ratings based upon when the rider has actually 'battled' another rider. i believe ikki and agito (maybe kazu too) are much higher of a level but their previous battles were unbeneficial to their rating.

lets say that you gain battle levels by defeating someone with a higher level, you gain very little if you and your opponent are similar levels, and you gain nothing if your opponent's levels is less than your own. this doesn't even take into account whether you actually win the overall parts war battle.

Basically, what you're trying to say is: "At the end of the day it doesn't matter what the READ says, battle levels are impossible to determine because Stormriders are forever improving. That, or the ranking system for battle levels are different(facing somebody with a higher level, compared to somebody with a lower level)."

Am I right? If not please explain, XD.

suarhnir
August 08, 2009, 12:09 AM
oyos

yes and no. yes that the levels are subject to change with the stormrider as he improves, no that you should outright disregard the READ stats.

and what i meant earlier on how you gain battle levels:
buccha's win over dontores would likely boost his battle level quite a bit.
if koga had won their match against white wolf (kururu's dad), they probably wouldn't gain any points. granted white wolf was b-class, they have only participated in i think 5 matches to reach b-class (always challenging b-class teams for a disk battle) so their battle levels would have still been lower.
if ikki and agito were to fight one another, whoever won would gain a few points.

these battle levels can only be accumulated from actual matches, but taking kazu for example, he trains the hardest and likely has a better mastering of his techniques so potentially he's very strong if he were to use them effectively in a battle. however, since he lacks any battles in which he's really had to use those skills (his fight with ikki being the only time he really went all out; he didn't even use all his tricks in the inorganic net match), his battle level is still lacking compared to ikki and agito. ikki has fought ringo, kazu, akira & mitsuru in which he went all out. agito fought akira & mitsuru, orca & caesar, and maybe some others when he was in his brother's squad that he went all out.

READ cannot calculate potential, it merely gives out stats based on tricks practiced and battles fought.

garf03
August 08, 2009, 02:16 AM
new topic :D
Ok i dont know if im the only one who have reallize this but, after reading again some old chapters of AG (i was bored at work),

i came up with the cahpter where sora star to teach ikki that air.palm trick, and after reading this pages

http://www.onemanga.com/Air_Gear/118/13/
http://www.onemanga.com/Air_Gear/118/14/
http://www.onemanga.com/Air_Gear/118/15/
http://www.onemanga.com/Air_Gear/118/16/
and in the last one, an image poped to my head, so i went back some charapters from the actuals one and found what i was looking for

http://www.onemanga.com/Air_Gear/244/07/

so with you ladys and gentelmens, "The creator of the bagram and sora Takeuchi's teacher"

what do u think about this?

suarhnir
August 08, 2009, 02:50 AM
oyos

i remember that, but the thing is that the letters are different.

in orca's flashback, we have a guy who looks more like the one from sora's flashback (if its even real). the letters are different than whats on the guy making paper airplanes

http://www.onemanga.com/Air_Gear/118/16/
http://www.onemanga.com/Air_Gear/194/008/ <- uncle minami

http://www.onemanga.com/Air_Gear/244/07/ <- paper airplane guy

the letters on the right hand that we see are different. even the left hand has different letters if you look at ch118's hand and compare to ch244's left hand.

there's a chance that uncle minami had cut his hair and changed the letters on his hand. it could also be another relative or a friend of uncle minami and the letters are something similar to sora and kiric's tattoos on their back, and that they are close knit. if you've seen boondock saints, the brothers have similar tattoos to one another since they are close to one another.
besides, the paper airplane guy seems a bit more friendly where as uncle minami has a kind of god-complex in 'creating geniuses'

garf03
August 08, 2009, 08:10 AM
or meaby, they all are the sameperson just that the 2 ones are from the past and teh paper plane guy is the actual one (after a makeover)

sabret00the
August 08, 2009, 10:37 AM
Changing a tattoo under your nails is nearly impossible.

suarhnir
August 08, 2009, 12:10 PM
oyos

can you even get a tattoo under your fingernails to begin with? without having ripped off your finger nails to get to it...

i don't think paper airplane and uncle minami are the same person because they seem to act very different, from what little we've seen. also, paper airplane guy seems to have been working with jiggy for some time in the pr or marketing aspect. i think sora and his team would be at least on the curious side if they knew that uncle minami is out and about in the city doing the announcer stuff for the sleipnir/jiggy vs koga match (at the least would have made a mention, especially since they are watching the match - which is why they figured out sf was helping koga)

sabret00the
August 08, 2009, 12:19 PM
Yup, it's possible: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080821193406AAeQY0y

CannedJam
August 09, 2009, 01:21 AM
Yup, it's possible: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080821193406AAeQY0y

Possible, definitely possible, but waaaaay too painful. XD Almost as painful as if AG were to be cancelled(I had to make this horrible comparison so I stay relevant to the thread :P)

Shrapnel
August 09, 2009, 05:40 AM
Paper airplane guy is doing the commentary, too. Perhaps the writings aren't tattoo ... it's just very good 3D nail art.

sabret00the
August 09, 2009, 08:53 AM
Paper airplane guy is doing the commentary, too. Perhaps the writings aren't tattoo ... it's just very good 3D nail art.
Why would nail art need to be 3D?

suarhnir
August 09, 2009, 12:47 PM
oyos

whether its nail art (which would make me question if the guy is gay) or nail tattoo, it is at least certain that the letters seen on paper airplane guy comprise of left: pinky-L, ring-?, middle-V, index-E, thumb-D, and right: thumb-D, index-E, middle-A, ring-R, pinky-dragon looking thing.

uncle minami has left: pinky-L, ring-V, middle-E, index-D, thumb-?, and right: thumb-D, index-D, middle-E, ring-V, pinky-L

so another reason as to why paper airplane guy is different from uncle minami is these different letters. any normal person who makes the effort to get something like nail art/tattoo would either constantly change the setup or keep the same thing every time. sora's flashback (real or not) shows uncle minami with the letters that i listed earlier, then orca's flashback (which would have taken place years later from sora's; quite possible it happened within the last year or two from the current story time based on orca's appearance) show's uncle minami with the same letters on his finger nails again.
now we have paper airplane guy who has different letters marked on his fingernails and a rather different appearance. another thing normal people do, if you wear a hat than it is likely you will do so often as its a preference of style even if its not necessary/practical to wear. sora for example has always been seen with a hat since leaving the tower and only when it gets blown off (or the one time he tossed his hat in memory of spitfire) will you see him without it. kazu is the same with his beanie. the flashbacks with uncle minami have him without a hat... paper airplane guy has been wearing one since he's made his appearance.

Shrapnel
August 09, 2009, 05:13 PM
Why would nail art need to be 3D?
Because ... Japanese females enjoy 3D nail art. They even have those kind of machines to do them for ya on fake nails.

warbandit66
August 09, 2009, 05:36 PM
I believe that Onigiri's speed when chasing Ringo was purely for comedy effect. How on earth will he stand up to the beasts in Genesis? He'll be mauled the moment one of them gets a whiff of him.

sabret00the
August 09, 2009, 05:42 PM
I believe that Onigiri's speed when chasing Ringo was purely for comedy effect. How on earth will he stand up to the beasts in Genesis? He'll be mauled the moment one of them gets a whiff of him.
Well he's ok in short bursts, remember he lead the way against the rest of Koga in the 100m dash.

warbandit66
August 09, 2009, 05:54 PM
Well he's ok in short bursts, remember he lead the way against the rest of Koga in the 100m dash.

You're right, but will that still be the case? Once he's short burst of speed has ended and his opponent catches him he's finished.

Sorry for posting this in the wrong thread.

eni
August 09, 2009, 05:57 PM
If I had to cosplay that, I would stencil the letters. Takes a few seconds per nail and if you'd want to keep it you would repeat that maybe once a month while using the same stencils for it.

@Shrapnel
3D Nail Art is were the color pops out instead of being a mere painting (http://www.flickr.com/photos/tags/3dnailart/). Doesn't make much sense for a person who's handcrafting frequently. The acrylic paint would break off. If it's on the nails, it's just a mere tattoo that grows out.

Under the nails, possible. But unlikely unless those guys had an accident were they lost the nails completely. Removing them is terribly painful.

the letters seen on paper airplane guy comprise of left: pinky-L, ring-?, middle-V, index-E, thumb-D, and right: thumb-D, index-E, middle-A, ring-R, pinky-dragon looking thing.

uncle minami has left: pinky-L, ring-V, middle-E, index-D, thumb-?, and right: thumb-D, index-D, middle-E, ring-V, pinky-L

So, PG has 'L?VED' and 'DEAR#'.

Minami has 'LVED?' and 'DDEVL'

I can read 'Dear Devil' and/or 'Lived Dear' or maybe 'Read' from PG, assuming that the missing one is an 'i' but Minami's makes no sense to me >.>;

But then again, I'm not uptodate with the manga to the point that I don't even know these guys, so just ignore my thoughts :sweat But feel free to spoil me, it's interesting.

psycheamore
August 10, 2009, 01:34 AM
It's very possible that they're the same guy. Perhaps Oh!Great made a mistake? Or perhaps they are brothers? They could be the same guy coz the paper plan guy seems to know quite a lot and sounds very thoughtful... From his first appearance it was kinda obvious that he knows something... Perhaps Uncle Minami changed over the years??

suarhnir
August 10, 2009, 01:46 AM
oyos

if uncle minami changed over the years, it would have been within the last 3 years at most given orca's flashback (orca looks relatively the same in his flashback so it can't be something that happened more than 2~3 years ago). god-complex to world revolutionary observer in the span of 3 years or less? unlikely without some drastic life altering incident.

while still possible that they are the same person, i'm still going with the theory that they are close friends, if not relatives. the similarities between uncle minami and paper airplane guy reminds me of sora and nike... and even those two are rather different from one another.

psycheamore
August 10, 2009, 11:50 AM
And Sora and Nike remind me of Ikki... It's seems that Ikki and Uncle Minami are related, right??

If Uncle Minami gave Sora the Moonstruck Bagram core or something, then why did that weird old short guy have them? He did give it to Ikki right?
[hr]
Personally, I don't think they're close friends... perhaps brothers?

sabret00the
August 10, 2009, 03:08 PM
I like the idea of Dare Devil, but Dear doesn't work for me in regards to personal tastes. You know, I never thought to try and make words from the nails before, I always just took them as letters.

suarhnir
August 10, 2009, 10:40 PM
And Sora and Nike remind me of Ikki... It's seems that Ikki and Uncle Minami are related, right??

If Uncle Minami gave Sora the Moonstruck Bagram core or something, then why did that weird old short guy have them? He did give it to Ikki right?

oyos

when kiric usurped sf and took bagram from sora (but losing the gem regalia to nike right after), he gave them over to the big lady and little old man to do with what they will. that's why at the beginning, the little old guy gave them to ikki.

psycheamore
August 11, 2009, 04:15 AM
Oh yeah, I remember now :)
I guess the letters do have some meaning. But that may not even be important. Perhaps they just make up a word?

Aikyet
August 11, 2009, 04:25 AM
Although style and fashion reasons are the most obvious here, these letters might have hold another meaning: their specific order might form a code, a key of some sort - used for accessing some parts of the Sky Regalia, for example, or unlocking some other mystery of the AT world.
Well, for the moment this sounds way too farfetched :)

psycheamore
August 12, 2009, 04:08 AM
Well anything could happen in Air Gear... Also the letters were shown with some importance in previous chapters... so it could possibly play the role you say.

SumeragiKai
August 12, 2009, 07:20 AM
Just a quick question, does anyone have links to galleries of the side characters of AG like Kiric, Benkei and co? I'm looking for manga versions of these characters but had no luck so far.

Maledicente
August 13, 2009, 12:58 PM
Since we won't have a raw for a couple of days yet, could some benevolent translator give a try on translating chapter 126 of Tenjou Tenge? It's another ongoing series by Oh! Great (dunno how the bastard manage that) and the raw is out since july 17th.

Please?

http://mangahelpers.com/m/tenjou-tenge/raws/

Kazu-Sama
August 13, 2009, 07:41 PM
Yo all

Your username: <--- (do we really need this?)
Your Location: Oxford-England
Favourite Team: Kogarasumaru (just for 3/5's being awesome kings)
Favourite Road: Flame
Favourite Trick: The pole-riding one Ikki does in his first fight with Buccha, which really showed how awesome AT's can be...
Favourite Moment/GOAT BAMF Moment: Yoshi vs Gawain and Percival :-)
Favourite Chapter: Argh, not sure
Favourite Avatar (some people call em shadows, Kiric just had his mountain thing done): Kazu's fighter...
Favourite Volume Cover: No idea...

CannedJam
August 14, 2009, 12:55 AM
Since we won't have a raw for a couple of days yet, could some benevolent translator give a try on translating chapter 126 of Tenjou Tenge? It's another ongoing series by Oh! Great (dunno how the bastard manage that) and the raw is out since july 17th.

Please?

http://mangahelpers.com/m/tenjou-tenge/raws/

Now that you mention it....does anybody know where I can download all the chapters of Tenjou Tenge so far? I don't think they're all here on this site..

Maledicente
August 14, 2009, 12:03 PM
Now that you mention it....does anybody know where I can download all the chapters of Tenjou Tenge so far? I don't think they're all here on this site..

http://manga.animea.net/tenjo-tenge.html

Either online or for downloading.

CannedJam
August 14, 2009, 02:49 PM
http://manga.animea.net/tenjo-tenge.html

Either online or for downloading.

Great! Thank you :)

Sesshiru
August 15, 2009, 01:26 AM
Maybe I should do this to

Your Username: Sesshiru
Your Location: Cape Town
Favourite Character: Sora/Ikki (depends how I'm feeling)
Favourite Team: Koga
Favourite Road: Wing
Favourite Trick: Pile Tornado Limited Express
Favourite Moment: Ikki vs Kazu Battle (The whole thing was Awesome)
Favourite Chapter: 203
Favourite Avatar: Karasu
Favourite Volume Cover: 20

TheKiller087
August 15, 2009, 03:08 PM
Hehe, I want to try it too.

Your username: Thekiller087
Your Location: Tucson,AZ
Favourite Character: Kazu/Ikki
Favourite Trick: Cage of fangs/Time manipulation
Favourite Moment/GOAT BAMF Moment: Kazu doing the afterburn
Favourite Chapter: The Cult Arc to the end of the figth with the old SF
Favourite Avatar: Ikkis one
Favourite Volume Cover: V18

StormriderAngel
August 17, 2009, 10:04 AM
Your username: StormriderAngel
Your Location: Tempe,AZ
Favourite Character: Kururu, Agito, and Mikan
Favourite Road: Lather Road
Favourite Trick: I believe "Infinity Jail"
Favourite Moment: Kururu giving Ikki the fake regalia
Favourite Chapter: 137
Favourite Avatar: Ringo's
Favourite Volume Cover: V19

mr.danly
August 18, 2009, 01:48 PM
LOL look at these two pages:
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/425/17/
http://www.onemanga.com/Air_Gear/251/014-015/

See how similar the two moves look? Rankyakyu and Bloody Blade Fang. I KNEW Oh! Great was a One Piece fan

Ustegius
August 18, 2009, 02:02 PM
I just actually bought the first volume today. It's great, the art is beautifull. And it funny considering that the art is even better now. Hesitated on the decision for a while (considered Rurouni Kenshin or Eyeshield 21 instead) but I'm happy with it. I ha almost forgotten how refreshing the beginning is, and the few following volumes are even better.

Rikudou King
August 18, 2009, 09:14 PM
Haven't did this yet so I though I'll do it now:

Your Location: California
Favourite Character: Agito/Akito
Favourite Road: Bloody Road
Favourite Trick: Moon Stuck Numberless Grappler
Favourite Moment/GOAT BAMF Moment: Ikki and Ringo's fight.
Favourite Chapter: 119 & 143
Favourite Avatar: Ikki's
Favourite Volume Cover: Volume 16

Sesshiru
August 18, 2009, 11:57 PM
LOL look at these two pages:
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/425/17/
http://www.onemanga.com/Air_Gear/251/014-015/

Hey I just noticed Agito/Akito doesn't have his eye patch on in that page so who's the one who's fighting or are they fighting together?

Shrapnel
August 19, 2009, 04:46 AM
They're fighting together~

Kazu-Sama
August 20, 2009, 04:44 AM
Like against Behemoth, when Between the two of them, they can produce a fang without a regalia... It makes them even stronger...
Anyone Else think Agito is getting a bit Dragoball powerup-ish?
Akito can't beat them, so use Agito
Agito can't beat them, so use both
both can't beat them, so use Lind

It's like having 4 levels...

En Yang Ji
August 20, 2009, 10:10 PM
I don't think it's really 4 levels because Agito and Akito together, have a battle level that's a little higher than Ikki's. I think Lind is the only power-up that makes him a lot stronger than the rest of Koga.

kaizoku king
August 22, 2009, 12:33 AM
air gear is a really complicated manga to me and i cannot remeber all the things that happen so im asking you fans for help.

1.which chapter did ikki ride on agito fang.
2.i kno i must be a idiot for forgetting this:facepalm but which chapter did the aeon and spitfire vs the bad brothers officially start.
3.it had this chapter where the team met the younger ummmm children of their school one of them has a long hair going straight up.
4.the scene where ikki saw the old ladies in the bath.

thx :D

suarhnir
August 22, 2009, 01:39 AM
oyos

1. ch 74 (pg 12-13), right after akira and agito's fang showdown

2. ch 158, this is back and forth between kiric's 'testing' of ikki, but story arc wise its just after the flashback stuff that lead up to the sf break up (and battle)

3. ch 82, a bit after the little old man gives the key to koga's base.

4. no idea what you are referring to, unless you mean that old lady that went all 'boob-tentacle' on ikki during the agito vs. orca fight...

Alexis
August 22, 2009, 09:22 AM
I just actually bought the first volume today. It's great, the art is beautifull. And it funny considering that the art is even better now. Hesitated on the decision for a while (considered Rurouni Kenshin or Eyeshield 21 instead) but I'm happy with it. I ha almost forgotten how refreshing the beginning is, and the few following volumes are even better.
I recently got the first Volume as well, but I already had most of it from monthly manga magazines.

An Air Gear section was actually one of the things I missed when I first joined manga helpers because back then it was a bit hard to find new scanlations each week, and I had a lot of questions about Kings and Regalia, etc.

I got into it after watching the anime series, which unfortunately didn't continue after the first season. And that's a shame because I think the events of the manga started getting really interesting around where the anime left off. And the soundtrack for the anime was great. I have both Soundtracks. I love the different Chain variations. <3

I think Air Gear has gotten a bit strange and confusing lately, similar to Tenjou Tenge, but I still enjoy reading it. And hopefully Ringo won't have to fight Sora, because it sounded like a typical "girl confesses and dies right after" scenario.

kaizoku king
August 22, 2009, 02:06 PM
oyos

1. ch 74 (pg 12-13), right after akira and agito's fang showdown

2. ch 158, this is back and forth between kiric's 'testing' of ikki, but story arc wise its just after the flashback stuff that lead up to the sf break up (and battle)

3. ch 82, a bit after the little old man gives the key to koga's base.

4. no idea what you are referring to, unless you mean that old lady that went all 'boob-tentacle' on ikki during the agito vs. orca fight...

thanx im reffering to when he saw rika nee in the bath place with the bunch of old ladies.

king_crimson-
August 22, 2009, 05:03 PM
chapter 41

Kazu-Sama
August 22, 2009, 07:11 PM
not much more to add to this, but a shameless ploy to make it seem like I've been helpful :-)

sabret00the
August 24, 2009, 11:09 AM
Hey guys, I'm back after being in the hospital for the past nine days with a burst appendix. Saw the chapter and was quite surprised to see Kazu do a trick that requires such an amount of stamina after being told off by Spitfire for using said tricks so early before.

CannedJam
August 24, 2009, 11:13 AM
Hey guys, I'm back after being in the hospital for the past nine days with a burst appendix. Saw the chapter and was quite surprised to see Kazu do a trick that requires such an amount of stamina after being told off by Spitfire for using said tricks so early before.

Welcome back! :P I should like start a welcoming committee or something, XD.

Well, is was told off because of using "said tricks" well maybe hes improved and has more stamina for them. I know this chapter made it look like he fucked himself over, but I believe he has more tricks up his sleeve.

sabret00the
August 24, 2009, 12:23 PM
Welcome back! :P I should like start a welcoming committee or something, XD.

Well, is was told off because of using "said tricks" well maybe hes improved and has more stamina for them. I know this chapter made it look like he fucked himself over, but I believe he has more tricks up his sleeve.
Oh for sure, whatever information Sano finally arrives with, will undoubtedly give them all a second wind.

suarhnir
August 24, 2009, 01:48 PM
oyos

i would laugh if aeon gets there and the battle is already over...

psycheamore
August 25, 2009, 11:17 AM
I think Ringo will have to battle Sora. And Lind doesn't seem like much of a power-up. I think O!G's decision to bring out Lind in the first place was kinda good.
[hr]
I can't seem to read 253. I can't read Japanese but what I mean is that I can't download it or read it on the web. Anyone have a link??

CannedJam
August 25, 2009, 01:00 PM
Oh for sure, whatever information Sano finally arrives with, will undoubtedly give them all a second wind.

Lets hope so. You've gotta admit, comic relief or not, Koga losing Onigiri was somewhat of a fatal blow. They really need that second wind.

sabret00the
August 25, 2009, 01:12 PM
I can't seem to read 253. I can't read Japanese but what I mean is that I can't download it or read it on the web. Anyone have a link??

You want a link to the RAW or to the scanlation, as the scanlation hasn't come out yet.

Pirulito
August 25, 2009, 04:07 PM
So, I just read Air Gear 249(yeah, I'm a little late) and Kazu said "She's(Rika) my sister's best friend".

Kazu's sister has already appeared at some point and I don't remember? It isn't the first time someone talk about her...

Kazu-Sama
August 26, 2009, 07:33 AM
You hear (read?) her voice when Kazu's going out to train early on. I don't remember seeing her, though

CannedJam
August 26, 2009, 09:13 AM
You hear (read?) her voice when Kazu's going out to train early on. I don't remember seeing her, though

And aside from that shes mentioned about once or twice.

eyesotope
September 02, 2009, 04:49 AM
Hey guys, I'm back after being in the hospital for the past nine days with a burst appendix.

oh man! burst appendix?! I hope you're all well n' OK and it's all behind you now :)

I think Air Gear has gotten a bit strange and confusing lately, similar to Tenjou Tenge, but I still enjoy reading it.

Oh!G some times takes his plots through some very weird spins, but his art is beyond awesome, there were many moments when I was reading and couldn't make any sense of what's happening right away, but I still enjoyed it a lot because of Oh!G's art..

Kazu's sister has already appeared at some point and I don't remember? It isn't the first time someone talk about her...

Kazu's sister never appeared in person iirc but as CannedJam said, she was mentioned a few times, I remember when Ikki decided to move out from the Noyamano sister's house to Kazu's house and... http://www.onemanga.com/Air_Gear/143/10/

Kazu-Sama
September 07, 2009, 02:19 PM
If Air Gear is confusing, read through certain bits again. I re-read all of the Slepnir Fight, and the Brain Charger bit. Makes much more sense...

sabret00the
September 07, 2009, 04:38 PM
Am I the only one that doesn't get confused? Then again, my memory is very good when it comes to manga.
[hr]
Full Translation: http://mangahelpers.com/t/shurou/releases/15918

eyesotope
September 07, 2009, 07:01 PM
personally, I find all mangas by Oh!G to be confusing by nature (not by design), but that's part of his charm :)

sabret00the
September 13, 2009, 08:04 AM
Well...
Uploaded releases are disabled for this Manga due to (current) licensing issues. MangaHelpers administration are aware of this and are following up on the issue with relevant parties.
Will this kill Air Gear? It's popularity has been steadily growing along with it's exposure here. Will the 'licensing issues' cause scanlators to back away from this project? And how comes Naruto et al never have such licensing issues?

eni
September 13, 2009, 08:13 AM
Kodansha is planning to expand internationally. If you followed the news of the past month: they have already cut all ties to Tokyopop worldwide, letting all their manga released by Tokyopop suddenly stop. Shueisha seems to not care that much (for now).

But that discussion doesn't belong here. If you feel like debating it, please create a thread in Otaku Cafe :)

sabret00the
September 13, 2009, 08:23 AM
Thanks, really haven't been taking note of any of this. It's really sad when things like this happen because they really are closed minded. I'm not a big fan of moves like this. Especially when there's someone like me that much prefers to purchase raw's anyway.

nassass
September 16, 2009, 04:25 AM
After the 3 week absent AG return whit color pages. It had color pages beside the 1st chapter?
What can do OG! in tree weeks? I think it will be a something big.

sabret00the
September 16, 2009, 07:22 AM
Colour pages will be exciting if he actually uses them properly. Last time he only done the cover in colour (chapter 200). Let's wait and see.

suarhnir
September 22, 2009, 11:19 PM
oyos

so i'm just gonna comment on some off-topic stuff on the recent disc/pred thread...

- wing or wind road? ...it started out as wing road with a wind king. sleipnir's calling of the wing road as wind road is either a mistake on o!g's part or sleipnir just prefers to call it the wind road because they don't really know any better.

- name spellings... romanized japanese is limited and can go either way as to which word its supposed to be saying. without an actual roman alphabet spelling, translators are free to pick a spelling they feel is most appropriate for the story (and i'm talking about the official translators of non-japanese manga distribution). they don't get it right all the time... and when it comes to the point in which the mangaka miraculously decides to give an english(roman alphabet) spelling, the translator and/or editor make a choice as to whether they will change the spelling to match or to keep what they have been using thus far to maintain some level of continuity.
in air gear for example, aeon was originally thought to be called 'iron'. when his name spelling was revealed, most fans switched over since aeon's appearances in the manga was kinda limited and it was still earlier in the story. i'm not sure what the official english translation went with so i can't comment further on aeon. another example is kiric. most fans still go with kilik because its already so late into the series and to change now would be too confusing (yes, his name spelling was revealed in the inorganic net battle when he did a combo attack with sora called 'crystal sand wind'). the official english translator may choose to keep calling kiric as kilik and will edit that page appropriately to maintain continuity of the english edition. on another example from ah! megami-sama, there is a character named welsper (belldandy's doublet partner. fujishima had chosen the spelling with a 'w') but the english translation chose to spell his name 'velsper' since its supposed to have a german pronounciation so to ensure that readers don't get it mixed up (who are not familiar with german; the japanese pronounciation has the 'be/ve' kana), it was spelled with a 'v' on his name.
in a nutshell, as my japanese professor said, "there is no single right way to translate something from japanese" ...though there is a wrong way (by getting the translation/meaning completely wrong). he's done official translating of classical texts before so he has real experience. the most crucial point in translating is getting the intent/meaning down. whether they do it more literally or more liberally is up to each translator, but maintaining the meaning that's trying to be conveyed is key.

- kaji being crazy haze/head wrapped sf member? ...i don't think so. kaji was part of genesis, attacked by sf (gabi)... chances of him switching sides are slim. also, kaji would be all over gabi's case about ripping his face off if he was in fact crazy haze, but he seems to be nonchalant towards everyone.

Shrapnel
September 23, 2009, 03:47 AM
Ringo's is a sub-regalia? o.o;; Don't really remember.

sabret00the
September 23, 2009, 05:42 AM
She originally had a normal/real regalia, but it got destroyed in the fight against Ikki. Some people believe her new regalia is a sub. I'm not totally sure, for I'm sure they salvaged the core and while her regalia was redesigned, wasn't the Bagram also?

suarhnir
September 24, 2009, 12:05 AM
Eh, I was asking if the team Thunder Haze (the one above Sleipnr and left of Lionheart in the GST team introduction spread) could be Crazy Mask (the team that 'Crazy Mask Kaji' led), but reformed, since:

-The masks they wear look like his;
-Kaji rides on Rising Road, and Thunder Haze.

Kaji probably isn't a Gravity Child, and subsequently would not be on Sleeping Forest.

oyos

whoops, i forgot about the other teams and didn't know you were referring to that instead. so disregard my comment on kaji.

Come to think of it, Sleipnir could simply ride on a variant called the Wind Road and use that terminology in regards to similar riders freely. Since there is no Rubi characters, it's not a definitive term.

I was simply curious since the Japanese Wiki article mentions that 'Wing' seems to have been phased out in favour of 'Wind' as of late. Ya, I go by that whenever in doubt, since their info is so detailed.

hmm, i never really go through japanese sites of any sort so i didn't know about this trend. sometimes its hard for even us to keep track since wing and wind are very similar in spelling and referring to pretty much the same thing in regards to ag. its an understandable phasing... for continuity's sake, i would personally stick with 'wing road' though at this point you could go either way since we know that its still about the same thing. its just picking at the little details on this...

On the romanization issue, I was really looking for a consensus. Personally, I would prefer Lind, Kiric, Eon Clock, Dauntless etc... (i.e. Author's transliteration with correction for Engrish, or whatever makes most sense).

there is no concensus... especially if you start considering other languages outside of english. its fan interpretation and usually whatever their preferred scanlator's spelling choice. some names are easier to agree on over others... from what i know on my ag community lurking, people are going with 'lind,' 'kilik,' 'aeon clock,' and 'dontores'.

Oh, may as well check: Is the Brain Charger eye called 'Over-Cross Twinkle eye'? I can't reference it, but I remember it's roughly something like that.

yes, the brain charger's eye is fully called 'over-cross twinkle eye' as stated by agito when facing thor and he confirms that sleipnir are brain chargers as well.

One more thing: The Japanese wiki gives the original Thorn Regalia as 荊の玉璽, while Ringo's is 棘の玉璽. Any comment on that issue?

荊 = thorn, brier. this definition is leaning towards more on the floral/metaphoric side or as a small part of something more.

棘 = thorn, splinter. this is more specifically about the thorn itself

its not really confirmed as to whether ringo ever had the original regalia from rika. in the flashback, when rika arrives after the fact of the sf split, she is shown to be injured and without any a-ts. the changing in kanji is not wholly significant since some of the meaning is still the same. probably the kanji change was to signify the different emphasis in capabilities that the new thorn regalia can do. it could also be kanon's preference in name.

sabret00the
September 24, 2009, 05:09 AM
Just to interject, Aeon Clock was romanized on one of the chapter covers, so wouldn't be Eon under any circumstances as supported by http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aeon. I've seen very few official translations ever go the way of US variants.

sabret00the
September 24, 2009, 08:25 AM
My bad, as I wiki'd Eon to see that it's the American variant of Aeon.

As for the top bubble, what's the proper translation?

killerb33
September 24, 2009, 09:34 AM
there was a chapter where Aeon Clock is called Iron Clock is that a official or just a way of translating it?

sabret00the
September 24, 2009, 09:55 AM
It was a mistake on the translators part.

suarhnir
September 24, 2009, 11:58 AM
Eh, I made a typo.

Anyway, I've sourced the regalia name.
http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa210/foolworm/Thorn1.jpghttp://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa210/foolworm/Thorn2.jpg

The one on the top is from 154 where Kiric and Sora are discussing Rika's recruitment. The other is from the explanation of Sonia from the end of volume 16.

oyos

the top pic with sora and kiric talking... that happened to be a chapter i translated when i was part of kuu. i pulled out my script for that piece.

5: When we left the tower, the stream of general riders were like gazelles wearing A-T...
/Before we knew it, things like "Thorn Regalia" and "Proof of a King" as they have come to be called, are common knowledge

the other text with the thorn regalia description i don't have, though looking at how 'sonia' road is spelled with kanji again, both thorn variants are present in 'sonia'.

king_crimson-
September 25, 2009, 02:59 AM
apparently they are(rising road)

they were supposed to be a team under black crow, guess they decided to take part on their own

king_crimson-
September 27, 2009, 06:05 PM
there was a mention of it in an extra table at the end of volume 13 or 14 i think?

suarhnir
September 27, 2009, 08:55 PM
oyos

i just remembered this little piece back in the disc/pred thread:

Interesting you should mention that; it's how the Gem regalia activates. Usually the core is stuck in the front, but a swivel arm rotates it parallel to the back wheel when deploying.

the gem regalia was in fact different for kiric and nike. it changed designs right in the middle of the inorganic net battle which was confusing and a total failure on o!g's part for continuity.

kiric's:
http://www.onemanga.com/Air_Gear/154/16/
its not fully shown being released, but the core is in his shoe's heel.

http://www.onemanga.com/Air_Gear/155/02/
its hard to see, but you can see his a-t design here.

http://www.onemanga.com/Air_Gear/155/04/
he's using his infinite atmosphere trick here, so chances of him using his regalia is high.

nike's:
http://www.onemanga.com/Air_Gear/160/017/
the core rests on top of front of his a-ts, and swivels down and to the side near the front when he activates them.

kiric's a-ts changing during the inorganic net battle:
http://www.onemanga.com/Air_Gear/214/08/
here we see kiric's a-ts with no wheel on top, being activated and still being on the back heel spot. the regalia in the back moves to the side but still its in the back... like the shell/outer part unravels to the side.

http://www.onemanga.com/Air_Gear/218/18-19/
four chapters later, we have kiric's a-ts go through some miraculous overhaul. the cross design of the shoe is gone, and the regalia is now situated on top like nike's.

hence, i say o!g failed in this small aspect. i do remember there was a week or two break somewhere between chapter 214 and 218... which worries me since he's doing a month break right now. so many things he could unintentionally change because he doesn't take the time to review his own work to maintain some level of continuity.

suarhnir
September 27, 2009, 09:46 PM
oyos

even if the arm of the gem regalia swivels back, where does the third wheel go then?

if you look at kiric's a-t from behind, you see a bare axel with the regalia on the side when its activated. the third wheel doesn't fuse with the one in the back. kiric's a-ts were originally 2 wheels, where the back ones transform when activated. the inorganic net battle shows two different designs for kiric. the beginning where he's jumping off dontores' arm, you would still see the swivel arm if it was deployed... but there wasn't any, meaning that it wasn't there to begin with. then ther's the whole shoe pattern itself, at the start, the shoe laces stopped earlier and you see a neat cross design at the front and top, then it's not present when the a-ts' design changes.

suarhnir
September 28, 2009, 01:14 AM
oyos

nike's design uses roller ball wheels (like aeon has been using thus far) in the front part of the a-ts with the regular wheels in the heel, and the regalia on top in front.

on the stoptazmo forums, it was a big deal with kiric's regalia design changing. our complaints were mostly because we thought it was lame that the a-t designs were mirroring the current king designs (like black burn and nue). it was more interesting for us to see a different use of the same regalia (even if some tricks are similar) instead of seeing a rehash which consequently knocked down the old sf skill levels since it seems the current kings using the same regalia appear to be better (in other words, the 'legendary team' doesn't seem so legendary anymore).

at least dontores and yoshitsune had very different designs which is cool in itself when comparing the two. if yoshi wasn't such a genius thinker, i wonder which of the two would be better given the designs.

this also brings up rika's thorn regalia design since we never really see her's uncoil like ringo's did. at best we only see thorn imagery when rika is busting out her moves.

sabret00the
September 28, 2009, 04:01 AM
I much prefer Kiric's original AT design, that was actually quite badass and I remember talking up his weakness due to his dependence on only front wheels, he'd have a speed and manoeuvrability weakness.

killerb33
September 29, 2009, 10:09 AM
hey guys what AT design do you think looks best?

I would say the rumble regalia, it looks totally awesome when yoshitsune used it at full power
http://haven-reader.net/index.php?mode=view&series=Air+Gear&chapter=Chapter+236&prev=%3C%3C-+Prev&page=17

suarhnir
September 29, 2009, 03:07 PM
oyos

personally, if it were based on looks, i kinda like nike's design. this is followed closely be agito's a-t designs.

Tygulopk
October 01, 2009, 10:44 PM
Hey, can anyone explain Eagle Eye and Trick Pass to me?
I don't really understand it...

suarhnir
October 02, 2009, 12:53 AM
oyos

eagle eye = the ability to look at the surroundings and determine (all) the available points in which a trick can be performed with/on.

trick pass = a spot or area in which a particular trick can be performed

killerb33
October 02, 2009, 08:24 AM
wasn't trick pass a map of a area which shows you where you can perform a trick or the fastest way to the finish and wasn't eagle eye the abilitie to see the trick pas in 3D without ever having seen the trick pass

well I don't know it really I just thought it was like that :p I think suarhnir info is more reliable you should go with that

bloomtender
October 04, 2009, 12:44 AM
a little something,,,,, someone said that dontores regalia was awsome and all but now that i think about it ... when ikki gave kururu the rumble regalia of yoshitsune she said: " * * * original rumble regalia * * * what does that mean then ? aren't the original 8 regalias ( apart from the new hurricane road storm regalia wich would be the 9 ) meant to be for gravity children ?...... btw just what is ikki ? in the chapter when we saw how the brain chargers were created the old man said that there was an original .... one who has not only the ability to fly but the heart ( or wings grown in hsi heart ) but we didn't see the name... any ideas ?

suarhnir
October 04, 2009, 03:04 PM
oyos

i'm not quite understanding what you're saying about the rumble regalia and such, but as far as ikki is concerned, its still up in the air about whether he is normal or different. my personal opinion is that ikki is normal because it would be better plot-wise.

just to add something on that note, from all of the shounen series i've read and seen, if the main character is special in any way, it would be revealed very early if not right off the back (there may also be expanded variations of such traits/abilities as the story progresses but its still about the same basic thing). only characters who don't know anything of their past (amnesia of sorts), will there be some deep secret that won't be revealed until much later. of course, fighting-centric stories (like tenjo tenge, dbz, etc.) vary slightly as they may have the character evolve/power-up and 'discover' something about themselves they may have not known before.

killerb33
October 05, 2009, 09:25 AM
I think ikki is different cuz OG already give us some signs that he was so it would be strange to make him normal again.

Kazu-Sama
October 05, 2009, 03:21 PM
I think he's gifted, but not special in the totally unique - lab experiment gone wrong kinda way.
Rika was allowed to join a team of gravity children, so I think she probably had Eagle Eye as well...

sabret00the
October 06, 2009, 05:46 AM
There's a manwha called Ping, anyway, the author is clearly a fan of Air Gear as he has both Agito and Aeon featured. Sano is actually a main character and starts resembling Air Gear's version even more the later you get into the manga.

Here's the Agito cameo: http://www.onemanga.com/Ping/4/07/

CannedJam
October 06, 2009, 06:07 AM
There's a manwha called Ping, anyway, the author is clearly a fan of Air Gear as he has both Agito and Aeon featured. Sano is actually a main character and starts resembling Air Gear's version even more the later you get into the manga.

Here's the Agito cameo: http://www.onemanga.com/Ping/4/07/

That made me lol for some odd reason. I may take up reading that manwha :P.

sabret00the
October 06, 2009, 08:04 AM
Here's Sano: http://www.onemanga.com/Ping/13/04/

NAM61
October 07, 2009, 09:33 PM
we should get a chapter soon right. is the short 3 week hiatus is almost over?

suarhnir
October 08, 2009, 12:44 AM
oyos

actually, it was a 4 week break since the last issue air gear was in was a double issue. it should be back near the end of this month...

Kazu-Sama
October 08, 2009, 05:50 PM
Are you kidding me?
We've still got another 3 weeks to go?
Psyren is taking long enough, but I CAN'T WAIT FOR AIR GEAR!

king_crimson-
October 10, 2009, 02:53 PM
nah, you've got to wait for another 10 days or so...

psycheamore
October 11, 2009, 03:46 AM
Is Thunder Headz the team Nue leads?

sabret00the
October 13, 2009, 09:06 AM
Any Air Gear guys/gals going to the LondonExpo?

killerb33
October 13, 2009, 09:36 AM
there is a london expo:eek:
I could take a plane for like 20 euro in germany to go to london but I don't think my mom would like it but my dad lives in london he would like.
It when is the expo?

warbandit66
October 13, 2009, 10:24 AM
Any Air Gear guys/gals going to the LondonExpo?

WHAT?!?! When and where is this? I may have to head down.

sabret00the
October 13, 2009, 10:24 AM
It's on the 24th of October.

Manga: http://www.londonexpo.com/show_features/manga_alley__expo.html
Anime: http://www.londonexpo.com/show_features/anime_village__expo.html
Cosplay: http://www.londonexpo.com/show_features/cosplay__expo.html

The biggest thing is undoubtedly the cosplay and this year it will have to be extra good, especially seeing as the UK manga market is in such disarray right now. But it should be a good photo opportunity if nothing else.

killerb33
October 13, 2009, 10:36 AM
can't make it then got to work:(

Atobe the king
October 26, 2009, 04:55 PM
I drew some crappy AG fanart...well sketches really..i attempted Freya and Loki..and Ikki (ikki and Freya are based of images from the manga, Loki was from memory)

http://jourdal.deviantart.com/art/Air-Gear-Freya-141559727

http://jourdal.deviantart.com/art/Air-Gear-Loki-141560192

http://jourdal.deviantart.com/art/Storm-King-Ikki-141560633

sabret00the
October 26, 2009, 07:57 PM
better than what i could do, that's for sure.

Atobe the king
October 26, 2009, 08:04 PM
It'll take some doing but i think i can get used to drawing AG again...the difficulty lies in OG himself...always changing things...

Sarex
October 27, 2009, 02:03 AM
It'll take some doing but i think i can get used to drawing AG again...the difficulty lies in OG himself...always changing things...

That is why he is the best artist in the manga business.:)

Atobe the king
October 27, 2009, 07:10 AM
I can agree with that partially but i like consistency.

Lets take...Obata-sensei...most of deathnote had the same lovely artstyle...while even now OG is messing around with AG's style.

Wrath
October 30, 2009, 04:16 PM
I can agree with that partially but i like consistency.

Lets take...Obata-sensei...most of deathnote had the same lovely artstyle...while even now OG is messing around with AG's style.
Yeah, but the Death Note art style was developed over five years of Hikago.

suarhnir
October 30, 2009, 08:49 PM
oyos

well, its one thing to gradually change/improve one's style over time but what o!g does is random, sometimes its more cartoony, sometimes it more realistic, and he doesn't just stick with one for a certain type of scene (fighting, comedic, etc.). that's what is slightly frustrating with following o!g's art style. most other artists usually try to stick with a particular style and throw in random chibi or completely silly/different styles of drawing when the occasion calls for it.

Atobe the king
October 30, 2009, 08:57 PM
Exactly what Suarhir said.

conn-man
November 30, 2009, 03:08 PM
this may be random but i was wondering if anyone knew what this was?
http://www.onemanga.com/Air_Gear/206/004/

to me it looks like there could have been a big attack or something that caused that damage. not sure if it was ever acknowledged at anytime.

suarhnir
November 30, 2009, 09:40 PM
this may be random but i was wondering if anyone knew what this was?
http://www.onemanga.com/Air_Gear/206/004/

to me it looks like there could have been a big attack or something that caused that damage. not sure if it was ever acknowledged at anytime.

oyos

no, that's the aftermath of ringo's trick that she performs again in the following pages, before hopping over to see kanon's work on the regalia.

conn-man
December 01, 2009, 10:57 AM
i dotn think that was a really a trick she did but more of a slide to slow herself down. the metal wall of the shaft has a huge rip in it and given the way she looked at it i would say it has some history.

Carnevil
December 01, 2009, 01:17 PM
Maybe this has something to do with it.
http://www.onemanga.com/Air_Gear/150/02/

conn-man
December 01, 2009, 03:55 PM
maybe, but like i said it looks like the damage from an attack, probably a regalia. i spent some time trying to see if it was ever mentioned but i dont think it has been, it could be minor but also could be from an important event of the past that we might still get to learn about.

suarhnir
December 01, 2009, 11:02 PM
oyos

agito/akito pulled off fangs that easily cut down trees before using his regalia (orca battle), and ringo broke parts of the building when shooting off thorns in her battle against ikki when she was still not using a tuned regalia, benkei could a-t kick a big mecha like a soda can (attack on osaka), ikki and kazu wrecked the hall in their fight (kazu drepression) without regalias yet fighting at king levels... is it really that hard to believe that the destroyed tower wall was done by ringo as she was practicing her trick.

usually when an author shows something ominous without explaining anything, it means that whatever else is happening in that scene is related. a wall is destroyed, ringo is practicing... no explanation or mention of this destruction by anyone. the math is simple. if it was from some past event, kanon would have made some mention of it since he at least knows that sf is training to take on genesis. instead, kanon mentions how ringo is handicapped because her last (sub)regalia was not tuned.

conn-man
December 02, 2009, 02:14 PM
ok, your not seeing the shere size of the wall, the damage is enourmous, its a thick, industrial steel wall, ringo is not making gaping rips in the side of it everytime she goes in. now tell me that it woulndt take a regalia to do this kind of damage.

suarhnir
December 02, 2009, 09:07 PM
oyos

apparently you don't realize how deep the tower is either... if you were falling for long enough, adding the velocity from her posture to increase her speed as she's falling, its not as hard as you think to come at just the right angle of a surface and actually cut into it. you ever wonder why people are not allowed to even throw a single penny off the side from the top of the statue of liberty... its because by the time it gets to the bottom, its got the force of a heavy brick and can easily kill a person if it hits them.

with all of the suspended disbelief in this very shounen manga, whom the main characters (merely middle schoolers) just recently did a combo attack that created a hurricane of gigantic proportions... how powerful and shaped must a 'fang' be in real life to actually cut anything, considering its just a 'shockwave' composed from the accumulated heat energy of acceleration and braking. so why is it hard to accept that ringo's trick is what did the damage to the wall.

http://www.onemanga.com/Air_Gear/206/005/
if this was only for stopping herself, she wouldn't need to do the body rotation beforehand, nor would the 'clouds' be in such an erratic shape. those 'clouds' are similar to the effects used for something breaking/exploding. besides, ringo has been training for quite a while, so her moves have been honed and she would never unnecessarily waste movement or energy on a trick (on top of the fact that she's a grav kid who are capable of utilizing 'all' of their energy).

http://www.onemanga.com/Air_Gear/134/04/
http://www.onemanga.com/Air_Gear/134/05/
this is a comparison of ikki and ringo doing similar moves, and notice the fine 'dust/effects' trail that ringo has compared to ikki's powerful but erratic ones.

conn-man
December 02, 2009, 09:40 PM
once again, ringo is not shredding the gigantic metal walls of the trophaneum everytime she pops in for a visit. i have to disagree with you.

if you ask me i'm starting to think that the damage is left over from a battle from the past that we dont know about that was an attempt to take the sky regalia.

suarhnir
December 02, 2009, 10:00 PM
oyos

she's not shredding the wall every time she visits. she's training/practicing. just like kiric is doing pressure training. heck, everyone in the a-t world is getting ready for the gst, so practicing or creating tricks would be expected, moreso as it draws closer to the tournament. if you read into the next chapter, you'll see that after talking with kiric she goes up/down the tower again.

she is the one who destroyed the wall... but she is only doing it right now for practice. she wouldn't wreck a wall just for stopping by obviously.

conn-man
December 02, 2009, 10:14 PM
so your saying that for practice, she is making gapping holes (that i dont even belive she is capable of making) in the sides of the sleeping forest elevator shaft, the base of operations for sleeping forest. and you think kilik is ok with that?

my point is that judging from the picture the size of the damage is immense. much bigger than the slide we see her do on the next page so im pretty sure thats not the cause. also if you look at her reaction when she passes it up in mid fall she gives it a very ominous glance as it there is some important story behind it.

so thank you suarhnir for your opinion but i dont think its the right answer.

suarhnir
December 02, 2009, 10:43 PM
oyos

for the life of me, this is a shounen manga. things are usually over the top, and physics are exaggerated if there is any mention of real world physics in play. ringo is a king level rider and a grav kid (who has trained for a long time), so why is she suddenly unable to perform such a feat?

kiric came out of his training room and greeted ringo right in front of her 'work'. if he had a problem, he would have addressed it at least in passing. also, much of the tower is useless in terms of what sf uses for the gst (which is only the elevator itself and anything else connected to it to make it run). koga does a good number on their base (not to the degree that ringo was in the tower) but they also hold back a bit cause it is their school (which is used by other people too). the point of having a base (as stated in the early chapters of ag) is a place to practice that won't be used by outsiders.

and how often do we ever see the picture of some action from a distant standpoint... its more visually dramatic in showing something close up but it ends up cutting some of the action/effects out. and ringo's 'reaction' to the earlier destruction is a telltale sign of 'this is the bar i must surpass/reach'.

current sf has been guarding the tower for the past 6 years. it only opens up its doors during the gst and even sora was smart enough to leave the tower alone for the last 6 years until his side was ready. the gst battle takes place in the elevator/'forest' not the tower leading up to it. kiric's rebellion to old sf had their battle take place up top, not even inside the tower and even extended into the clock tower area (the factory; ttt's base).

aside from those few scenes of seeing the destroyed wall, can you find any mention or showing of a battle that wasn't kiric's rebellion to old sf, or official gst match anywhere in the story that i have missed. because i've looked/read through my set of japanese tankoubans for ag a few times, and i have not come across anything of any battle outside of the ones i've mentioned (which none of them didn't even go near to the part of the tower that ringo is practicing on).

ps- which reminds me, i need to get back on finishing those tankouban summaries.

Carnevil
December 03, 2009, 01:01 AM
you ever wonder why people are not allowed to even throw a single penny off the side from the top of the statue of liberty... its because by the time it gets to the bottom, its got the force of a heavy brick and can easily kill a person if it hits them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUS89-_fbtk

suarhnir
December 03, 2009, 09:01 AM
oyos

wow, i love mythbusters but i don't have cable and didn't think to look online (like youtube). okies, so pennies can't kill you, but it can sting you. while it doesn't do much more than leaving a small nick/sting, it does leave something (it slightly chipped the concrete and asphalt).

conn-man
December 03, 2009, 10:54 AM
current sf has been guarding the tower for the past 6 years. it only opens up its doors during the gst and even sora was smart enough to leave the tower alone for the last 6 years until his side was ready. the gst battle takes place in the elevator/'forest' not the tower leading up to it. kiric's rebellion to old sf had their battle take place up top, not even inside the tower and even extended into the clock tower area (the factory; ttt's base).

aside from those few scenes of seeing the destroyed wall, can you find any mention or showing of a battle that wasn't kiric's rebellion to old sf, or official gst match anywhere in the story that i have missed. because i've looked/read through my set of japanese tankoubans for ag a few times, and i have not come across anything of any battle outside of the ones i've mentioned (which none of them didn't even go near to the part of the tower that ringo is practicing on).

that was basically why i was asking in the first post about the wall, i hadnt seen it metioned anywhere else either, so it must be something that we dont know about so my main intention was to get people talking about it because it was mysterious to me.

about when kilik took on everyone else in sleeping forest, now thats somehting to consider. you cant say that we really know any details from that day, how do you know the fight didnt take place in the elevator shaft? now i have my primary theory for this, its an old scar from the days of when the former sleeping forest kings turned on each other. so yes, i still think your wrong.

suarhnir
December 03, 2009, 10:55 PM
that was basically why i was asking in the first post about the wall, i hadnt seen it metioned anywhere else either, so it must be something that we dont know about so my main intention was to get people talking about it because it was mysterious to me.

about when kilik took on everyone else in sleeping forest, now thats somehting to consider. you cant say that we really know any details from that day, how do you know the fight didnt take place in the elevator shaft? now i have my primary theory for this, its an old scar from the days of when the former sleeping forest kings turned on each other. so yes, i still think your wrong.

oyos

kiric didn't take on old sf by himself. the battle is shown in the grav kids flashback arc. kiric was aided by om, gabi, the head-wrapped guy, and the chick in the bulky suit. rika and ine didn't partake in that battle. the battle is shown to take place at the entrance/surface of the tower and inside the factory. its aftermath is witnessed earlier in the series in rika's flashback in which she finds everyone on the surface. simca finds sora in the factory, and nike jumps in to attack kiric right after that. it never got into the tower.

and i was answering your earlier question about what caused the damage on the wall. from my knowledge and references on air gear, there is no battle of which you are hoping to find that had caused those rips in the tower walls. it was simply ringo practicing her trick, because she knows how dangerous sora and genesis is and needs to up her game by pulling off something of that magnitude.

and once again, this is a shounen manga. a sports/fighting shounen manga. i will start referencing random series just to prove how over the top and exaggerated things can get, even if its already acceptable in the series' established rules/physics. that you won't at least consider that ringo is capable of such a feat makes it sound like you're either sexist or fanboy/girling a different character in ag and downplaying anyone else in defense of your favoritism.

you are the one who asked, i gave an answer with examples and references. you won't accept it, so why don't you go look for the evidence you are searching for to explain the destroyed wall. i may have missed/overlooked something, but you need to find it and show it to me before i think otherwise. and keep in mind, i often go back to reread random chapters, and as far as reading the whole series up to date in order, i've done that 4 times already, and working on a 5th.

ps- if you would like to continue debating this, let's take it to pms since i think we've annoyed/scared enough people with this banter.

conn-man
December 05, 2009, 10:24 PM
and keep in mind, i often go back to reread random chapters, and as far as reading the whole series up to date in order, i've done that 4 times already, and working on a 5th.

ps- if you would like to continue debating this, let's take it to pms since i think we've annoyed/scared enough people with this banter.

yes you make a good point that there isnt anything else right now to tell us what it could be, but for now i have to guess that its something we dont know about.

im sorry i dont think your answer is right and im sorry you dont think im right either, but hey, people disagree a lot. i myself have only read though about 2 1/2 times.

suarhnir
December 06, 2009, 03:14 PM
oyos

i usually stick with established facts as presented in the story. my ability to speculate into all of the what ifs/else is so pathetic i really just let other people do the real theorizing. though theories are are more plausible when they have examples or some evidence.

anyways, i was wondering of the chances for koga to 'awaken the wind in their hearts' on some of the members of genesis? i think almost every team (or at least a key member) they've fought against has been inspired/reinspired by koga/ikki.

Waking_Dreamer
December 06, 2009, 03:36 PM
oyos

i usually stick with established facts as presented in the story. my ability to speculate into all of the what ifs/else is so pathetic i really just let other people do the real theorizing. though theories are are more plausible when they have examples or some evidence.

anyways, i was wondering of the chances for koga to 'awaken the wind in their hearts' on some of the members of genesis? i think almost every team (or at least a key member) they've fought against has been inspired/reinspired by koga/ikki.

Well the only powerhouses we know about that would be on the Carrier in Genesis are Nike, Orca and Nue.

Im thinking maybe Orca or more probably Nue will change sides. Nike is still such a beast. I think hes the rider to show the most defense/hitpoints to date. He pretty much just tanked the whole Apollon Road and then laughed it off with no seeming injuries whatsoever.

Forgetting all other factors Agito with Fang Regalia and Aeon with Flame Regalia matched up against Nike you would still get the impression he is stronger...:o

garf03
December 15, 2009, 12:54 AM
Well the only powerhouses we know about that would be on the Carrier in Genesis are Nike, Orca and Nue.

Im thinking maybe Orca or more probably Nue will change sides. Nike is still such a beast. I think hes the rider to show the most defense/hitpoints to date. He pretty much just tanked the whole Apollon Road and then laughed it off with no seeming injuries whatsoever.

Forgetting all other factors Agito with Fang Regalia and Aeon with Flame Regalia matched up against Nike you would still get the impression he is stronger...:o

actually this is like a 2nd to my theory in the battle pair http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55845&page=2 well ikki is gonna do the face to face vs nue (remember since the begining nue want to cross ATs with Ikki) :D

Waking_Dreamer
December 15, 2009, 02:35 AM
^ Im not really sure how O!G is going to handle the battle on the carrier.

If Om and Mikan were to somehow join Koga in the battle on the Carrier I can maybe see them power through the GC/military/navy personnel and then do some gangin up on Nike. I always wanted to see an Orca vs Om battle too. Killer Bubbles galore!!!

Otherwise there will have to be a lot of unconventional tactics/events once again by Koga to somehow get Rika and Gorgon Shell back safely. Nike is like the one Oustanding obstacle on that carrier, looking at his past battles, hes versed Kiric, Spitfire, Aeon, Yoshi and come out on top.

I dont see O!G making him a pushover for Koga and thus not sure how they can take him down while still justifying his Beastly status/rep he has among the fans, thus my suggestion that Nue might team up with Koga to try and balance it out, though it would be interesting to see Ikki verse Nue. However a regalia-less Ikki 1vs1 with Regalia wearing King kind of seems mismatched.

Carnevil
December 15, 2009, 03:25 AM
You can't really give Nike Kiric or Yoshitune. In Kiric's case he was exhausted from his battle with Sora and was on the defensive the entire time. In Yoshi's case well we know what happened there. I'm not saying Nike is a punk or anything he was not considered the strongest King in Genesis for no reason. But if you look at his record two of his opponents were already on the ropes when he attacked them.

suarhnir
December 15, 2009, 11:19 PM
You can't really give Nike Kiric or Yoshitune. In Kiric's case he was exhausted from his battle with Sora and was on the defensive the entire time. In Yoshi's case well we know what happened there. I'm not saying Nike is a punk or anything he was not considered the strongest King in Genesis for no reason. But if you look at his record two of his opponents were already on the ropes when he attacked them.

oyos

i second this. kiric and yoshi were attacked by nike only after they've been in some intense fighting with someone else, when nike was at full strength. i would actually give kiric or yoshi the upper hand if they were fighting against nike at full strength. nike is considered the strongest king in genesis (before sora's return) but yoshi is hell of a lot smarter than nike and probably would have won through strategy even though he can't overpower nike. it was also mentioned that nike was not up to the level that old sf was (nike wasn't considered a king level rider before he claimed the gem regalia), so kiric could have very easily won against nike if it was an even fight.

Kazu-Sama
December 16, 2009, 12:31 PM
I agree. Nike, good as he may be, can't take the original SF or Yoshi.

Nue will turn, the only reason he's still fighting for Sora is an empty promise.

:O Aeon/Kazu vs Nike?!?

To see who's the better flame King, Kazu or Spitfire???

king_crimson-
December 16, 2009, 12:45 PM
nike is considered the strongest king in genesis (before sora's return) but yoshi is hell of a lot smarter than nike and probably would have won through strategy even though he can't overpower nike. it was also mentioned that nike was not up to the level that old sf was (nike wasn't considered a king level rider before he claimed the gem regalia), so kiric could have very easily won against nike if it was an even fight.
uhm, Nike is recognized as the strongest in genesis...i doubt he would be recognized as such even by the other kings if yoshi could beat him...

i mean, he was literally toying with spitfire and aeon...

as for him not being recognized as a king back then, i always though it was more of a matter of him not even being in japan, and thus everyone forgot about his existence, rather than him not having the skills...

suarhnir
December 16, 2009, 07:28 PM
oyos

being called the strongest, doesnt necessarily mean the best. yoshi is hardly the 'strongest' of genesis' kings, but that doesn't mean he can't think of a way to beat nike.

the old sf forgetting about him because he was in america and him not being a 'king' level back then are not related like that. he was in america and so old sf forgot about him and didn't expect him to show up so suddenly. then his level was regarded as someone who wasn't up to king level as a rider. nike likely didn't partake in a-t as much as old sf (just doing the military stuff, and did a-t only moderately), and only after beating kiric in revenge did nike start working on getting up to level.

Waking_Dreamer
December 17, 2009, 03:06 AM
^ Well Nike and Sora are both Kings of Deception...

Since it was Soras idea to form Sleeping Forest I find it highly likely that he sent Nike to America so that the others would forget about him, while Nike built up connections in America and trained his AT skills higher.

From the get go Sora built SF to eventually challenge Kiric so his right-hand man - Nike, would have known that Sora was going to fight Kiric and would be training to be around the level of SF members just without a regalia.

If you look at the flashbacks to Sora vs Kiric you can see that while Sora was lying in a pool of his own blood, Kiric didnt have so much as a scratch on himself. Id say even bloodlusted, Nike would at least have to be low-tier SF level to literally rip Kiric's wheels from under his feet! lol

Kazu-Sama
December 17, 2009, 05:31 PM
I think, as good as Kilic is, you're over-estimating his ability by saying he can beat Sora without getting so much as a hit on him in return...

I'm not saying Nike is weak, quite the opposite, but he wasn't up to Kilic/Sora level back then... Yoshi was completely out, he wasn't even wearing regalia, so that win doesn't count...

king_crimson-
December 17, 2009, 07:10 PM
http://www.onemanga.com/Air_Gear/164/007/
http://www.onemanga.com/Air_Gear/164/008/
http://www.onemanga.com/Air_Gear/125/16-17/
http://www.onemanga.com/Air_Gear/157/015/

either sora never even hit him, or the hits were very light...

in contrast after the fight with nike, his clothes are totally destroyed and he himself is in terrible shape

he did use most of his energies to fight sora, so he was pretty much exhausted when nike appeared, though

Waking_Dreamer
December 17, 2009, 09:21 PM
Yea, thats where im getting my inferences from...

I dont know the details of Sora vs Kiric or Nike vs Kiric, but Id give it to Kiric that you would need to be more than an average rider to reduce him from this:

http://www.onemanga.com/Air_Gear/125/16-17/

to this:
http://www.onemanga.com/Air_Gear/157/015/

Even though Kiric may have been exhausted.

king_crimson-
December 18, 2009, 06:18 AM
imo, aside from kilik and sora, nike was already stronger than the rest of SF back then...

the fact that he, a wing road rider, could master the gem regalia and fuse the gem with the wind also supports this...

either he hid his true skills from the others, or they just plainly ignored him...or both...

killerb33
December 18, 2009, 06:53 AM
guys you won't believe this but I found simca's wheelchair
http://www.topgear.com/uk/video-search?Phrase=toyota&Urn=the-future-is-ireal

conn-man
January 02, 2010, 01:35 PM
how much more time does everyone think that air gear has? with kogarasumaru going to the carrier to save rika and maybe take down nike, sora at the sleeping forest gates ready to take the sky regalia, and no new characters introduced in a while i have to think that things could be wraping up in 100 chapters or so.

is anyone else thinking this? and if so do you think Oh! Great might have a new project in mind since tenjou tenge is comming to an end.

killerb33
January 03, 2010, 10:17 AM
I think it will be 100 chapter until its finished but it will be the best chapters you ever saw.

mayby when ag is finished OG is going to try to make a deal to redo the anime.

conn-man
January 03, 2010, 01:52 PM
they will absolutly be the best chapters anyone has ever made, the TenTen finale has been amazing and o!g only gets better so by the time the air gear ending rolls around it should be incredible.

Waking_Dreamer
January 15, 2010, 05:11 PM
Hey guys, finally got around to uploading a large size resolution of the Loki vs Ikki wall! I made sure it looked just as slick, or maybe even more crisp at high res. I know most of you have seen my colourings only sig size at best. Theres actually a lot of AG detail you can see in the colours at larger size.

If you want the wall ver. you can get it from http://www.animepaper.net/gallery/wallpapers/latest/item102798/

Oh and if you do happen to like it be sure to drop a comment and FAV, the rating system is apparently based on the amount of comments + FAVs, Id say Air Gear Art definitely deserves SS rating! lol

This is the size that is allowed on photobucket.

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb57/Jonas64/wall-baseGsmall.jpg
[hr]

--------------------

Okay Im totally stumped.

Ive been looking for ages, but wheres the chapter when Koga finds out the hidden AT room in the school and use that as their base?

Is the before the Behemoth battle, I just cant find it....

Kazu-Sama
January 15, 2010, 05:44 PM
Thanks for the pic.

Chapter 79, BTW, after the bohemoth battle :-)

killerb33
January 22, 2010, 03:47 PM
I just have to post this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NazDiO1aarI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5e-ad1cz90
they made a real working AT motor and it goes 12-15mph!! (it's just a prototype)
The only thing you need is a way to steer ATs, a bigger powersupply and of course more POWER!!

Carnevil
January 22, 2010, 06:20 PM
Who wants to bet some idiot will die trying to copy something they saw in AG? Kind of like the kid who died trying to copy something from naruto. http://www.tv.com/story/11008.html

Just remember gravity is real and you'll die if you jump off a skyscraper. Also you can't ride straight up a building either.