PDA

View Full Version : Powers The best use for each devil fruit

monkey D luffy
July 28, 2009, 05:48 PM
first of all i do know that there is a thread about devil fruits in general but i dont find it suitable for this kind of discussion.

ok, so we all know that there are a lot of application for devil fruits, and a lot of people dont use them to their fullest potential. in this thread i hope people will try to come up with potential uses for each devil fruit and how to maximize the ability of the user to use his powers.

first of all a complete list of the DFs weve seen so far (taken from one piece wiki, note that i list only non fillers in here, movie DF's and fillers are not listed)

paramecia:
* Gomu Gomu no Mi (English versions: Gum-Gum Fruit): Gives the user a body made of rubber.
* Bara Bara no Mi (English versions: Chop-Chop Fruit): Allows the user to split their body into separate parts. Also gives them immunity to blades.
* Sube Sube no Mi (English versions: Slip-Slip Fruit/Smooth-Smooth Fruit): Makes user slippery. In Alvida's case, the fruit caused extreme weight-loss and a change in her complexion.
* Kilo Kilo no Mi (English versions: Kilo-Kilo Fruit): Allows the user to change their body weight.
* Bomu Bomu no Mi (English versions: Bomb-Bomb Fruit/Boom-Boom Fruit): Turns the user's body and secretions into bombs. (Mr. 5 was able to use this fruit's powers to create "booger bombs.")
* Hana Hana no Mi (English versions: Hana-Hana Fruit/Flower-Flower Fruit): Allows the user to grow extra limbs on surfaces.
* Doru Doru no Mi (English versions: Wax-Wax Fruit): Allows the user to create and manipulate wax.
* Baku Baku no Mi (English versions: Munch Munch Fruit): Allows the user to eat anything and merge with it.
* Mane Mane no Mi (English versions: Clone-Clone Fruit): Allows the user to physically transform into another sentient being.
* Toge Toge no Mi (English versions: Spike-Spike Fruit): Allows the user to grow spikes from their body.
* Supa Supa no Mi (English versions: Dice-Dice Fruit): Allows the user to form blades on their body.
* Ori Ori no Mi (English versions: Cage-Cage Fruit): Allows the user to place shackles on opponents.
* Bane Bane no Mi (English versions: Spring-Spring Fruit): Allows the user to turn their limbs into springs.
* Noro Noro no Mi: Allows the user to slow objects and people for 30 seconds.
* Doa Doa no Mi: Allows the user to create doors/portals in space.
* Awa Awa no Mi: Allows the user to create and control soap bubbles.
* Beri Beri no Mi: Allows the user to split body into orbs.
* Sabi Sabi no Mi: Allows the user to rust metal.
* Shari Shari no Mi: Allows the user to turn limbs into wheels.
* Yomi Yomi no Mi: Grants the user a second life. However, once the user has been brought back from death, their power becomes inactive and they are merely left with their inability to swim.
* Kage Kage no Mi: Allows the user to manifest and control shadows.
* Horo Horo no Mi: Allows the user to control "Horo" ghosts whom they created.
* Suke Suke no Mi: Allows the user to become invisible.
* Nikyu Nikyu no Mi: Allows the user to repel anything they touch.
* Mero Mero no Mi: Allows the user to turn others to stone. Only works if the victim is not in control of their emotions (usually those of lust or love).
* Doku Doku no Mi: Allows user to manipulate poison.
* Horu Horu no Mi: Allows user to manipulate hormones.
* Choki Choki no Mi: Allows user to transform parts of their body into scissors. These can be used to slice and manipulate anything the user desires.

zoan:

* Inu Inu no Mi (Dog) series:
o Inu Inu no Mi, Model: Jackal (English versions: Mutt-Mutt Fruit: Jackal Strike/Dog-Dog Fruit: Model Jackal/Mutt-Mutt Fruit: Jackal Mode)
o Inu Inu no Mi, Model: Dachshund (English versions: Mutt Mutt Fruit/Mutt Mutt Fruit, Dachshund Type)
o Inu Inu no Mi, Model: Wolf
* Ushi Ushi no Mi (Cow) series:
o Ushi Ushi no Mi, Model: Bison (English versions: Ox-Ox Fruit/Ox-Ox Fruit, Bison Model)
o Ushi Ushi no Mi, Model: Giraffe
* Neko Neko no Mi (Cat) series:
o Neko Neko no Mi, Model: Leopard (English versions: Cat-Cat Fruit: Model Leopard)
* Tori Tori no Mi (Bird) series:
o Tori Tori no Mi, Model: Falcon (English versions: Tweet-Tweet Fruit/Tweet-Tweet Fruit, Falcon Type)
* Hebi Hebi no Mi (Snake) series:
o Hebi Hebi no Mi, Model: Anaconda
o Hebi Hebi no Mi, Model: King Cobra
* Single model series:
o Hito Hito no Mi (English versions: Human-Human Fruit)
o Mogu Mogu no Mi (English versions: Diggy-Diggy Fruit)
o Uma Uma no Mi (English versions: Horse-Horse Fruit)
o Zou Zou no Mi
* Ancient type:
o X. Drake's unnamed Devil Fruit, allows him to take the form of a dinosaur.
* Awakened type:
o Minotaurus's unnamed Devil Fruit, allows him to take the form of a cow and recover much faster.
o Minokoala's unnamed Devil Fruit, allows him to take the form of a koala and recover much faster.
o Minozebra's unnamed Devil Fruit, allows him to take the form of a zebra and recover much faster.
o Minorhinoceros' unnamed Devil Fruit, allows him to take the form of a rhinoceros and recover much faster.

logia:

* Moku Moku no Mi (English Versions: Plume-Plume Fruit/Smoke-Smoke Fruit): Element of smoke.
* Mera Mera no Mi (English Versions: Flame-Flame Fruit/Flare-Flare Fruit): Element of fire.
* Suna Suna no Mi (English Versions: Sand-Sand Fruit): Element of sand.
* Goro Goro no Mi (English Versions: Rumble-Rumble Fruit): Element of electricity.
* Hie Hie no Mi: Element of ice.
* Yami Yami no Mi: Element of darkness and gravity.
* Pika Pika no Mi: Element of light.

rules:

-dont contredict oda.
-you can use any number of DFs you want.
-do not spam/flame/harress other people for their ideas
-try not to come up with application we already saw.
-for now dont use any DF that is not on the list, we are not here to come up with new stuff.
-dont use a DF that is revealed in the spoilers or the last chapter (some people have yet to read them and we dont want to ruin for them)

if enough people will ask ill add a list of filler DFs.

ill go first:
doa doa no mi (door door devil fruit, used by blueno), an almost instant kill usage i came up with after seeing blueno vs luffy again is opening a door at the chest of the foe, revealing his heart, lungs etc. and just killing him on the spot, in order for that to succeed the user should go into the door dimantion and from there try to use doors on the hands and legs of the target in order to render him immobolized and finish him off. fatality!

another devil fruit i would like to try is sebi sebi no mi (rust devil fruit, used by a captain that came with buster call) sinse rust is just oxydizing, and in theory can work on everything, the user should aim for the neck to puncture the breathing tube resulting in suffocation, another usage is just rust everything on the foe's body in order to make him vulnruble (i mispelled that i know).

have fun!

one piece master
July 29, 2009, 11:45 AM
I have no idea if Oda said that this was not true but fore Kage Kage no mi could you control other peoples shadows and move them against there will.
:oh

Pyrolupin
July 29, 2009, 12:15 PM
Mogu Mogu no Mi maybe it can open holes through time and space and you can only time travel at the expense of temperally loosing your balance and motor functions

Hana Hana no Mi super human healing kinda like using a skin graph from the extra hands exept you can also use the calcium from the bones and flesh/skin from the actual hands but it will be really painful for the user like the pain wolverien feels when his claws come out
[hr]
Logia shouldnt get an extra ability since they can be hurt by anything but water and natural elemntal enemies (rubber and lightning)

All Zoans become super human only thing they should get is control of how animal they want to look or how human they want to look

beastboy
July 29, 2009, 01:20 PM
Well gomu gomu no mi:
using friction with a big punch in a wall, I would burn the rubber and then punch the enemy causing him a huge rubber burn.

monkey D luffy
July 29, 2009, 05:44 PM
Logia shouldnt get an extra ability since they can be hurt by anything but water and natural elemntal enemies (rubber and lightning)

i didnt mean a extra ability but having a better usage for it then what we have already seen, like enel using that lightning to heat the gold on his staff to change its shape and things like that, thats thinking outside the box and being creative.

Lord Rayleigh
July 29, 2009, 05:52 PM
As the human body is conductive, Eneru could transform itself in his matter and go inside the body of someone. Then, as he would be able to control his logia body, instead of going through the human body, he could choose to stay in the human body to destroy it completely. And inside, he could decide to increase the dangerousness of his matter (by increasing the volts for example).
Nevertheless, his normal attacks should be enough to kill people.

monkey D luffy
July 29, 2009, 06:06 PM
here are more things i thought of:

kilo kilo no mi: if the user can increase/decrease objects weight a good 1 hit ko usage will be making the opponont body weigh a lot so he couldnt move and just make him crush himself, making bullets weigh more when they already have inital speed and acceleration will make them deadlier.

bomu bomu no mi: instant ko technique: making the opponent body an explosive and make him detonate himself.

toge toge no mi: giving an open palm attack to the ground making spike erupt from the ground at a location only known to the user.

choki choki no mi: cut through the opponents body (this one is a hex DF, i dont know if its possible or not)

DARK
July 29, 2009, 07:17 PM
Noro Noro no Mi: Allows for a quick getaway.
Zoan-type fruits: Provides characteristics that humans would naturally not have, such as increased strength, speed, stamina, and in certain cases, flying.
Logia fruits: Gain "superpowers"

monkey D luffy
July 30, 2009, 03:17 AM
Noro Noro no Mi: Allows for a quick getaway.
Zoan-type fruits: Provides characteristics that humans would naturally not have, such as increased strength, speed, stamina, and in certain cases, flying.
Logia fruits: Gain "superpowers"

lol i think we all know what each type does, i wanted a creative new usage, like how lufy came up with the gears because he is a rubber man

ekw
July 30, 2009, 10:22 PM
hana hana no mi
stick a finger in someones ear and grow it through the other side.
same theory can apply to mouth... or the holes down there.

moku moku no mi
fill the area with smoke, then control the smoke in the enemy's lungs and wreak havoc.

gomu gomu no mi
twist arms around, then jump really high. A helicopter affect will occur, and luffy will hover away!

pika pika no mi
Since he is able to control light, he should be able manipulate it to the point where it becomes totally dark.

mera mera no mi
create a flaming inferno that sucks up all the oxygen in the vicinity. Try fighting when you cant breathe!

suke suke no mi
if absalom can cloak an entire ship, why cant he cloak an entire island, or the entire world!

DutchPhoenix
July 31, 2009, 05:21 AM
combo attack

Absalom cloakes buggy, and buggy floates totally silence to the enemy and slices his throat :D

Roti
July 31, 2009, 03:23 PM
Bara Bara no Mi
-Bara Bara Montage: the user changes the places of his muscles or limbs, can be used to create a punch containing the strenght of both legs and both arms behind it or, if sustained for a long period of time, to train the arms' muscles to be as strong as the legs ones withouth having to get upside down (as luffy did at chapter 516).

Bane Bane no Mi
- Use a fighting stile which fuses Bellamy and Luffy's, thus taking advantage of both the spring compression and elasticity to increase the mommentum of each attack.
- Bane Bane Impact: by turning one of his arms into a spring, the user is able to absorve the energy behind an incomming attack, the stored energy can be released immediately back at the enemy or, by turning the arm back to normal, be stored and released later.

ofir271
July 31, 2009, 08:52 PM
Bara Bara no Mi (English versions: Chop-Chop Fruit):
make his body parts really small so they can get inside his oponent body from the nose and then just manifest it inside the neck and make him suffocate.

Hana Hana no Mi (English versions: Hana-Hana Fruit/Flower-Flower Fruit):
grow her mouse(sorry for misspell) to bite the oponents.grow eyes on birds.not just one but achain of them so she can see really far away.grow some feminin parts to distract.

Baku Baku no Mi (English versions: Munch Munch Fruit):
one of the best DF.he can eat a bird and start to fly,or rubber to make him flexible.or even elements like fire to gain some logia abilities

Suke Suke no Mi: Allows the user to become invisible.
i would just follow my oponents attack them and retreat ,and then again and again until they are done.almost no risk for me.

Choki Choki no Mi: Allows user to transform parts of their body into scissors.
its really easy to sink ships or destroy buildings.another tactic is to block the path you came from so you cant be followed.you can also dig yourself out of anything so you come and go as you please.
ithink toghther with invisibility you can become the perfect asssian.

Moku Moku no Mi (English Versions: Plume-Plume Fruit/Smoke-Smoke Fruit):
can make a smoke screen in the middle of battle.

* Mera Mera no Mi (English Versions: Flame-Flame Fruit/Flare-Flare Fruit): Element of fire.
can ignite the gun powder on ships and destroy them easily

all the zoan:
they can comunicate with the animals more and ask for their help.like a pack of wolfs for the wolf zoan ect.

gao_dargon
August 01, 2009, 01:38 AM
Moku Moku no MI - can make a permanent smoke cloud over someones head and there for asfixiating him/her/it

Xman
August 07, 2009, 12:13 PM
Hana Hana no Mi (English versions: Hana-Hana Fruit/Flower-Flower Fruit):
Maybe she could grew her whole body parts for "teleport" around ?
Or, She could grew multiple Robin >.> ? "Sanji would get overkill from this idea" :Q___

Antares
August 09, 2009, 01:57 AM
I think Eneru's Goro Goro no mi is one of the most powerful - as in broken and overpowered - fruits. Since brain's impulses are electrical, and the nervous system makes all the perception a human being experiences, Eneru can manipulate those electrical currents within human brain and spinal cord to literally create ANY perception he wants, including the target perceives him/herself in blindness, deafness, no control over own movement, any amount of pain, experiencing world doomsday, death, hell, his/her genital component turning alive and eating him/herself from between the legs, etc.

Superman
August 13, 2009, 02:42 PM
Robin is the hottest......oh its about devil fruits.....well Doa Doa no mi, Doku Doku no mi, Sabi Sabi no mi, Noro Noro no mi, Horu Horu no mi, Nikyu Nikyu no mi, Mero Mero no mi and Suke Suke no mi and WB fruit are incredible powerfull or in the right hands.
Doa Doa no mi and Suke Suke no mi are pretty nasty and unfair fruits i would say even little kids can hurt people badly with it. Fruits like WBs and Magellans are only so strong because they are in extremely strong hands.

Chaos Shadow
August 13, 2009, 02:53 PM
mm one thing..
the Zoan users of impel down are AWAKENED zoan.. that state allows them to recover faster not the fruit itself, i mean dont put it as an exclusive abilitie of those fruits... since maeby all zoan could be able to reach that stage who knows