PDA

View Full Version : Discussion The strongest crew in One piece.

one piece master
July 29, 2009, 12:47 PM
I was also wondering who has the best crew in the whole world of one piece I think WB does just because of his numbers but there has to be some crews like shanks that rival WB

DSJump
July 31, 2009, 04:27 PM
Well, i guess all the yonkous are the strongest crews out there, or else, they wouldn't be part of yonkou.

Even though we saw in the latest chapter that whitebeard proved that his one bad a** mother f*****. naturally, we can asume that the WB pirates are the strongest.

Hitsug@ya ta1ch0u
July 31, 2009, 05:48 PM
I was also wondering who has the best crew in the whole world of one piece I think WB does just because of his numbers but there has to be some crews like shanks that rival WB

Probably goes something like
WB
Shanks
Kaidou/Other Yonkou
I'm basing this on the fact that Shanks has a force big enough to destroy a fleet of 23 warships

WB, his crew, and allies have 47 ships! and can challange the WG openly. I doubt any other force aside from the WG and maybe Dragon's Revolutionary army could take on WB. So he's at the top for now.

gao_dargon
July 31, 2009, 06:45 PM
I have to go with the read haired pirates, (Shanks crew), the are few in numbers compared to the massive WB crew and still they went and confront them, knowing very well they might end up fighting, Shanks alone was able to make the newbies in WB crew to pass out, they have the smartest person in the east blue, and the (allegedly) "fastest man alive". True WB is attaking the WG right now,a feature that not only takes guts, but the power to back it up, but regardles of his stength he is not alone, he has quite a few of well named new world pirates with him, don't take me worng, WB is a yonkuo for a reazon, i just think the red haired pirates are stronger

P.D i have to say that im not counting the revolutionaries as a crew

Lord Rayleigh
July 31, 2009, 06:51 PM
At present, I guess it is the WB pirates. Only by himself, the captain is said to be able to destroy the world : that would be enough to solve the question.

gao_dargon
August 01, 2009, 01:17 AM
At present, I guess it is the WB pirates. Only by himself, the captain is said to be able to destroy the world : that would be enough to solve the question.

we are not allowed to say anything of the curent chapter until a week has pass, pleas restrain your self of doing it, or atleast put it on a spoiler mark

Poneglyph420
August 02, 2009, 09:10 PM
Probably goes something like
WB
Shanks
Kaidou/Other Yonkou
I'm basing this on the fact that Shanks has a force big enough to destroy a fleet of 23 warships

WB, his crew, and allies have 47 ships! and can challange the WG openly. I doubt any other force aside from the WG and maybe Dragon's Revolutionary army could take on WB. So he's at the top for now.

Totally agreed,
I think the BB Pirates are also in the running...

kkck
August 02, 2009, 09:54 PM
Totally agreed,
I think the BB Pirates are also in the running...

I don't know about that.... It is true BB is massively powerful to the point where anyone should fear his strength but I don't know if we can say that about his crew. BB's crewmates have not shown to be exceptionally strong, at best they seem to be of supernova level. For them to be in the run for such a title they, as a crew, should be able to handle the strong guys around like the shichibukai, VA or admirals. BB is strong but a crew is not made of just one guy so I doubt that particular crew can be considered one of the strongest.

Poneglyph420
August 03, 2009, 04:31 PM
Of course the BB can't compare to the previously mentioned crews, but they bridge the gap between the Yonkou and "supernovas". Just Lafitte broke into the most secure place on earth, Van Auger shot an impossible shot, perfectly..and now they broke into ID to get another supposed "bad ass!!". On the threat level they are pretty scary. Even WB knew that BB would beat Ace. BB being Captn. doesn't count for anything compared to a yonkou.. They are #5 at best.. but in my mind not for long.. But if Moria once fought evenly with Kaidou and BB couldn't.. I'd lose all respect for him.. (Wait..I respect him!??)

Zehahaha
August 03, 2009, 04:51 PM
Of course the BB can't compare to the previously mentioned crews, but they bridge the gap between the Yonkou and "supernovas". Just Lafitte broke into the most secure place on earth, Van Auger shot an impossible shot, perfectly..and now they broke into ID to get another supposed "bad ass!!". On the threat level they are pretty scary. Even WB knew that BB would beat Ace. BB being Captn. doesn't count for anything compared to a yonkou.. They are #5 at best.. but in my mind not for long.. But if Moria once fought evenly with Kaidou and BB couldn't.. I'd lose all respect for him.. (Wait..I respect him!??)

Lafitte broke into Marijoea because of his wings, if I had wings too, I would broke into the Pentagon or Guantanamo quite easily
The only one in BB crew who prove to be something is Van Auger, the others no.

IMO, I think that WB crew is the strongest in the world

Poneglyph420
August 03, 2009, 08:00 PM
Lafitte broke into Marijoea because of his wings, if I had wings too, I would broke into the Pentagon or Guantanamo quite easily
The only one in BB crew who prove to be something is Van Auger, the others no.

IMO, I think that WB crew is the strongest in the world

I'm not even sure where to start. OK Pell said in Arabasta fruits that allow one to fly are super rare. Like 5 i the world if I remember correctly. If they are so rare and even if his only power if flight, he's powerful. Let me make myself clear. I don't think the BB pirates are stonger than WB or Shanks' crew.
Just they are on their way to the top, we know too little of the others to say if they are that powerful. But if they continue on their current path, they could make a run to the top.

DevilWarCry
August 05, 2009, 05:27 AM
Whitebeard Pirates - No more words needed!

tothx
August 05, 2009, 12:48 PM
IMO:
WB
BB
Unknown Yonkou OR the yonkou shanks is currently fighting
Shanks

Dont get me wrong, im a huge shanks fan. But there is no way he can go up against whitebeard, he can challenge him and argue with him. And he's powerfull enough to keep WB at bay!

WB is currently the strongest one, there is no reason why he shouldnt be. Whitebeard is number one, FOR NOW! Remember this one, he is destined to loose his spot somehow!

Then there is BB, allready before he got the Devils fruit he was powerfull enough to take on Shanks himself! It's frigging ridicilous to hear people underestimate him time after time, BEFORE he got the devils fruit god dammit. And the most powerfull devils fruit in the world at that, the one he had been hunting for all his life! BB might even be more powerfull then WB is, perhaps he will show us just that in the duration of this arc!

Then there is the unknown Yonkou, I believe he is more powerfull then Shanks simply because they couldnt reveal a weaker Yonkou then the previous ones last. Perhaps the allready revealed "halfway" by face Yonkou is the secound strongest though.

Shanks, he holds both power and respect! I believe him to be the third most powerfull of the pirates. He's allso a Peace Main, aka a pirate that doesnt rob civilians and all of that shit! But fights for what is right, thats why I believe him to be third. Simply because Whitebeard if the "famous" one, Shanks is the Peace Main, and then there should be one inbetween them which is a terrible guy we all hate!

Last Yonkou comes last because Shanks cant! :p Oda would never do anything like say "Shanks is the weakest of the Yonkou".

But stop bullshitting about BB, he's up there with the Yonkou EASELY. Might even be on top!

Hitsug@ya ta1ch0u
August 05, 2009, 01:19 PM
IMO:
WB
BB
Shanks

Dont get me wrong, im a huge shanks fan. But there is no way he can go up against whitebeard, he can challenge him and argue with him. And he's powerfull enough to keep WB at bay!

WB is currently the strongest one, there is no reason why he shouldnt be. Whitebeard is number one, FOR NOW! Remember this one, he is destined to loose his spot somehow!

Then there is BB, allready before he got the Devils fruit he was powerfull enough to take on Shanks himself! It's frigging ridicilous to hear people underestimate him time after time, BEFORE he got the devils fruit god dammit. And the most powerfull devils fruit in the world at that, the one he had been hunting for all his life! BB might even be more powerfull then WB is, perhaps he will show us just that in the duration of this arc!

Then there is the unknown Yonkou, I believe he is more powerfull then Shanks simply because they couldnt reveal a weaker Yonkou then the previous ones last. Perhaps the allready revealed "halfway" by face Yonkou is the secound strongest though.

Shanks, he holds both power and respect! I believe him to be the third most powerfull of the pirates. He's allso a Peace Main, aka a pirate that doesnt rob civilians and all of that shit! But fights for what is right, thats why I believe him to be third. Simply because Whitebeard if the "famous" one, Shanks is the Peace Main, and then there should be one inbetween them which is a terrible guy we all hate!

Last Yonkou comes last because Shanks cant! :p Oda would never do anything like say "Shanks is the weakest of the Yonkou".

But stop bullshitting about BB, he's up there with the Yonkou EASELY. Might even be on top!

Woah woah woah. BB himself may be able to fight a Yonkou. But BB and an his crew would get stomped by the Red-Haired Pirates.
The Red-Haired Pirates are rather powerful. They've got to be powerful considering 23 battleships were wiped out. Thats more than two Buster Calls!
We already know that Kaidou was intercepted by Shanks. So at the very least Shanks=Kaidou.
But Shanks doesn't seem like the type of guy to go into a fight without knowing he can win. Like when he said he wasn't concerned about the WG interfering, bam he anihilated a fleet. Shanks>Kaidou, besides Kaidou has the fighting power of say Moria.
Mihawk~Shanks
Moria~Kaidou

Mihawk>>Moria
Shanks>Kaidou

WB
Shanks
Unknown
Kaidou

hisoga
August 05, 2009, 01:55 PM
if in one piece, over all, i will choose choose rogers pirate....
but if about strongest crew alive in the current op chapters i'll choose WB

tothx
August 05, 2009, 04:42 PM
Shanks>Kaidou, besides Kaidou has the fighting power of say Moria.

WTF you talking about, Moria was a pirate incapable of making it in the new world. He's among the strongest pirates on his side of the grand line but compared to Kaidou he's nothing more then a bug that might accidently be stepped on.

And Red Hair pirates taking 23 battleships, I mean.. So what? Blackbeards crew could probably have done the same with little trouble! Crew size means shite in one piece, nothing, nada. Mihawk took out a fleet of 5000 men with ease remember? (Right before he met Zoro) And all big shots in all crews this far have been comparable in strength to the captain, say Black Beard is currently on top (cause he will fight luffy), then Shiryuu (cause he will fight zoro), then probably the wrestling champion (i believe he might do something to the ladies that sanji wont like, possibly wrestling vs the power of cola though), doctor vs doctor (obviously), sniper vs sniper (again obvious).. Their power levels are transferrable to the power levels in Luffy's crew.

When both Blackbeard and Luffy can be called 10's, then Shiryuu and Zoro will be 9's, Sanji and his opponent 8's and so it goes. This is how the series is buildt up, so if Blackbeard is currently on the level where he can mess with Shanks then he's crew is sure to be on a level where they can challenge Shanks teammates!

Stop talking down Blackbeard, he's beeing buildt up as the most "ultimate" of enemies we have seen to date and may very well be the final enemy in one piece! He's got 35 years on the sea behind him and has allready probably reached the pinnacle of his power.

Then again, youre pretty far along on that rute thinking Moria is on the level of a Yonkou :p Obviously you dont have much of a clue

EDIT:
Oh yeah, and as far as Shanks = Kaidou goes, Shanks has allready said he see's himself in Luffy! And lets face it, Luffy has little fear when it comes to going up against a ridicilously strong enemy.

Poneglyph420
August 05, 2009, 08:43 PM
IMO:
WB
BB
Shanks

I appreciate and agree that you see the BB pirates in the top tier of OP, more people will see your point if you chill a bit. There is no doubt up to now WB has the strongest crew running... I also agree they too will soon fall and splinter. For now they win...........

BB has a crew much like the SH, small and specialized. Each member does something very very good. I think Van Auger, Lafitte, and Burgess have ability and with the addition of Shiryuu the crew stepped up a big notch.
Anyone from level 6 of ID is scary! Also in the sense they took down Drum and infiltrated both Mariejois and ID they are indeed a power crew. Also in the sense of drama (this is manga) Oda has "painted" them as an epic evil crew. We have to consider all forms of power also. It seems like if it's raw power or numbers..sure they get whomped. But BB knows the NW and the yonkou and WB and Shanks well. He has the power of knowledge, stealth and treachery. Being a dirty rotten monster has advantages.

Still for now..WB pirates on top....but soon enough I see the BB on their way to the top.

By the way I hate BB and his personality, but it just makes sense..

tothx
August 05, 2009, 10:19 PM
I hate BB too (especially after beeing introduced to Thatch, without a doubt one of the top5 coolest characters this far imo), and I love shanks. But I still get pissed when people dont see the need for relative strength and puts shanks up there with WB (or even above) just because he's cool! And then grossly underestimate BB because they simply dont like him, even though he is portrayed as the perhaps most powerfull person in the entire one piece universe.

Shanks, he needs to be strong as hell! But he doesnt need to be the strongest or even the secound strongest, in fact he cant be cause that eliminates the need for Luffy to get stronger then him! I personally believe Shanks only has to be so strong that even another Yonkou will have to think twice before concidering to meddle with his affairs! I allso believe the Yonkou to be ruthless bastards crushing many of the newer crews as soon as they enter the new world while protecting others (I think the SH will be under the protection of Shanks and that this will be what keeps him from beeing instantly crushed in the new world, along with the RIDICILOUS powerups everyone is getting of course =P)

At some point, One Piece will need advesaries stronger then even Shanks and his crew! REMEMBER THAT! Luffy will surpass Shanks on his adventures, he's allready told us he's going to build a crew better then shanks crew! And then we will need guys stronger then Shanks! Or more precisely, as strong as Shanks (after all he is on top of the world, up there all the gold medallists have the oppurtinity to compete)

Hitsug@ya ta1ch0u
August 07, 2009, 11:26 AM
WTF you talking about, Moria was a pirate incapable of making it in the new world. He's among the strongest pirates on his side of the grand line but compared to Kaidou he's nothing more then a bug that might accidently be stepped on.
:facepalm
Do you read the Manga, be honest.
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/483/06/

And Red Hair pirates taking 23 battleships, I mean.. So what? Blackbeards crew could probably have done the same with little trouble! Crew size means shite in one piece, nothing, nada. Mihawk took out a fleet of 5000 men with ease remember? (Right before he met Zoro) And all big shots in all crews this far have been comparable in strength to the captain, say Black Beard is currently on top (cause he will fight luffy), then Shiryuu (cause he will fight zoro), then probably the wrestling champion (i believe he might do something to the ladies that sanji wont like, possibly wrestling vs the power of cola though), doctor vs doctor (obviously), sniper vs sniper (again obvious).. Their power levels are transferrable to the power levels in Luffy's crew.
Why were they all were one shotted by Magellan. A Buster call>Magellan. Also a Marines HQ Fleet of 23 BATTLE SHIPS is vastly superior to a ragtag group of men led by DON KREIG. I'll say it again Blackbeard is definately on par with a Yonkou. But his crew cannot match up to crews with of a hundreds of guys with bounties over 80 million. Rockstar had 94 million and was a rookie. A ROOKIE!.

When both Blackbeard and Luffy can be called 10's, then Shiryuu and Zoro will be 9's, Sanji and his opponent 8's and so it goes. This is how the series is buildt up, so if Blackbeard is currently on the level where he can mess with Shanks then he's crew is sure to be on a level where they can challenge Shanks teammates!
Yes, but Shanks and his crew vastly outnumber BB. Let me ask you, can BB and his crew hold a candle to the WG in its entirety. Hell no. Shanks, WB, and all of the Yonkou are threats to the WG, it takes 7 Shichibukai, and Marine HQ to match them. Can you really see WB's crew taking down the Shichibukai, or attacking Marineford, laughable.

Stop talking down Blackbeard, he's beeing buildt up as the most "ultimate" of enemies we have seen to date and may very well be the final enemy in one piece! He's got 35 years on the sea behind him and has allready probably reached the pinnacle of his power.
THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH BB. THIS HAS TO DO WITH THE POTENCY OF HIS CREW. OK WB HAS 1600 MEN, AND 43 ALLIED PIRATE CREWS
Ace, Marco, Joz, and WB could solo BB's crew. Ok Shanks, and his top two crew members would replicate this feat.

EDIT:
Oh yeah, and as far as Shanks = Kaidou goes, Shanks has allready said he see's himself in Luffy! And lets face it, Luffy has little fear when it comes to going up against a ridicilously strong enemy.
lol Shanks clashed with the undisputed strongest man in the world. Kaidou is Moria-class.

tothx
August 11, 2009, 12:39 AM
:
lol Shanks clashed with the undisputed strongest man in the world. Kaidou is Moria-class.

It's late at night so I cant be arsed looking for the right page. But moria allso said that he got completely owned in the new world.
[hr]

:

Moria lost his entire crew to Kaidou.. You say they were equals, I say he got owned.

And saying Moria = Kaidou would allmost be the same as saying Luffy = Kaidou, which lets face it, would be a complete joke. Even after he has discovered Haki Luffy is miles away from Yonkou strength.
[hr]

THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH BB. THIS HAS TO DO WITH THE POTENCY OF HIS CREW. OK WB HAS 1600 MEN, AND 43 ALLIED PIRATE CREWS

Screw the potency! Blackbeard is allready as strong as, or stronger, then Shanks. Beeing able to clash with him before he even got the devils fruit points towards him beeing the stronger of the two.

And one shotted by magellan, again... pfft, they stood there and took it. He was pissed off and didnt hesitate at all to attack them.
Shiryuu = Magellan
Blackbeard = Stronger then Shiryuu
Remember that Luffy was able to fight Magellan for 24 hours nonstop! AFTER having been poisoned. If Luffy is capable of that then Blackbeard should be too, probably able to defeat Magellan within that time too.

And that crew is NOT a young crew! They should all have reached the pinnacle of their power by now (not to say we wont see atleast a little character development, but they are atleast very close to it). These are all old timers capable of remembering when Roger roamed the seas!
[hr]

Ace, Marco, Joz, and WB could solo BB's crew. Ok Shanks, and his top two crew members would replicate this feat.

Ace, Marco, Joz and WB would be the strongest 4 of the strongest crew in the world. Not disputing that WB probably still is the top.

That said, Joz is below Ace.
BB is above both, probably above Marco too. Again with the ALLREADY BEFORE THE DEVILS FRUIT arguement. BB could have taken Ace's spot in WB's crew had he wanted too. BEFORE THE MOST POWERFULL DEVILS FRUIT IN THE WORLD, darling.

WB himself, nobody knows if BB is ready for him yet. Im guessing not, he would have done it allready. Maybe he's about to. But it wouldnt be an easy fight for either.

braindamage351
August 11, 2009, 02:21 AM
The current Blackbeard pirates are dog shit. Marco, Ace, and Jozu could all easily solo his entire crew, and push Blackbeard to his limits. It's a joke. However, by the time he leaves impel down he might be on par with Shanks' crew, if not stronger, depending on who he leaves with. Even then, he'll never be as strong as Whitebeard.

Blackbeard himself is capable of killing a yonkou. He's highly inconsistent and vulnerable, but his luck makes up for that, and his offensive abilities can take out anybody in the world. His crew is shit. He's got an Usopp, two Choppers, and a Brooke, but no heavy hitters. Shiryuu is his Zoro. Most likely the three most infamous criminals from level 6 will fill out the rest of his crew. The idea of his current crew reaching the top just seems ridiculous to me.

Even then, he'll never be as strong as Whitebeard or Gold Roger. He needs the WG to do his dirty work for him.

tothx
August 11, 2009, 05:22 AM
He never planned on capturing Ace, he planned on capturing Luffy. Ace just happened and hence the current situation. And this far, nobody knows what the reason for his short visit in to the Schicibukai was.

You guys say his crew is shit but there is absolutely no grounds for saying so.

Hitsug@ya ta1ch0u
August 11, 2009, 12:46 PM
It's late at night so I cant be arsed looking for the right page. But moria allso said that he got completely owned in the new world.
In spite of it being clearly stated that they were equal.
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/483/06/

Moria lost his entire crew to Kaidou.. You say they were equals, I say he got owned.
No his crew wasn't strong enough to fight a Yonkou's. Kaidou himself isn't a threat to the World Government. No one man is strong enough to be a threat to the World Government. The danger of the Strawhats isn't just Luffy, it's everyone: Zoro, Sanji, ect.

And saying Moria = Kaidou would allmost be the same as saying Luffy = Kaidou, which lets face it, would be a complete joke. Even after he has discovered Haki Luffy is miles away from Yonkou strength.
Incorect, Moria was once on par with Kaidou. Meaning Moria at his peak, was on par with Kaidou. Still Moria still lacks a name or title as great as Mihawk. Moria stopped training himself, and instead focused on having Nakama make him Pirate King, because the loss of his crew struck a cord.

Screw the potency! Blackbeard is allready as strong as, or stronger, then Shanks. Beeing able to clash with him before he even got the devils fruit points towards him beeing the stronger of the two.
IRRELEVANT. Read the thread. The Strongest Crew in One Piece, not the strongest Captain. Do you understand now? Let me simplify this even more. If Whitebeard alone attacked the World Government, he would fail. Why? He's only one man. Whitebeard+Crew+Allies, are capable of challanging even the Marines. Blackbeard is top tier no one is denying that, but his crew is too small to pose a real threat to the larger Pirate crews. BB Pirates would lose to the Red-Haired Pirates. Why? Not because Shanks>BB himself, but because The hundreds of Pirates+Red Force>>>>A handfull of Pirates on a Raft...A RAFT!

And one shotted by magellan, again... pfft, they stood there and took it. He was pissed off and didnt hesitate at all to attack them.
Shiryuu = Magellan
Blackbeard = Stronger then Shiryuu
Remember that Luffy was able to fight Magellan for 24 hours nonstop! AFTER having been poisoned. If Luffy is capable of that then Blackbeard should be too, probably able to defeat Magellan within that time too.
EH!? Incorrect
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/535/11/
Here Luffy has 24 hours to live. And no. Shiryuu~Magellan without Hell's Judgement, because with it Magellan can destroy Impel Down itself. Also Magellan subdued Shiryuu so he does not = Magellan. They are in similar leagues but not on the same level. Also why do you assume Shiryuu<Blackbeard. (A>B>C logic fails very frequently I wouldn't rely on it)
Just because someone joins a crew means nothing. Remember Zoro=Luffy.

And that crew is NOT a young crew! They should all have reached the pinnacle of their power by now (not to say we wont see atleast a little character development, but they are atleast very close to it). These are all old timers capable of remembering when Roger roamed the seas!
<hr noshade size="1">
Bullshit.
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/440/15/
None of his crew can defeat Ace yet. In another translation BB specifically says your not on his level yet

Ace, Marco, Joz and WB would be the strongest 4 of the strongest crew in the world. Not disputing that WB probably still is the top.

That said, Joz is below Ace.
BB is above both, probably above Marco too. Again with the ALLREADY BEFORE THE DEVILS FRUIT arguement. BB could have taken Ace's spot in WB's crew had he wanted too. BEFORE THE MOST POWERFULL DEVILS FRUIT IN THE WORLD, darling.
Very good, but all 14 Division Commanders are likely slightly below Ace Level. Remember Shanks had a 94million member of his crew who was a rookie. Imagine Shanks higher ups like Ben Beckman,Lucky Roux, and Yasopp. They alone along with their captain could likely solo the BB Crew, not counting the hundreds of others.

WB himself, nobody knows if BB is ready for him yet. Im guessing not, he would have done it allready. Maybe he's about to. But it wouldnt be an easy fight for either.
No but WB+Crew would shit all over Blackbeard and his crew.

Yabe
August 12, 2009, 07:02 AM
Imo BB crew is still upraising and honestly even if Teach himself has the dangerous devil fruits to all other DF users; I still don't think him and his crews right now could ever be brought up on par with any of the Yonkou's forces. Saying that crew size means nothing actually is too quick of a judgement because we have no way to know whether or not the other members in Kaidou/Shanks or anybody else's crews are just canon fodders or potential characters.

Also, the argument on BB has left a scar on Shanks can't support that much to the conclusion of him being as strong as Shanks (and let alone stronger >_<) because we don't have the evidence how that fight happened. He was just able to left Shanks the scar and not put him in coma or something. If I have to guess I would put my bet on Teach having done that in his desperation.

So, IMO current strongest crew = the WB pirates. The 2nd is probably Shanks or Kaidou.

More importantly, please chill the tone of the discussion down. We are here just to exchange different ideas and you should expect to find quite diffferent/opposite opinions a lot here that causes you having to explain yourselves.
So argue with civil or at least neutral attitudes and keep the temper down please.

Zehahaha
August 12, 2009, 09:02 AM
Kaidou has the fighting power of say Moria.

Moria~Kaidou

That explains why the poor guy lost ALL his crewman in the new world... There's no way that Moria is the equal of Kaidou in term of power, no WAY...

Lord Rayleigh
August 12, 2009, 01:34 PM
That explains why the poor guy lost ALL his crewman in the new world... There's no way that Moria is the equal of Kaidou in term of power, no WAY...
No, but Moria was the equal of Kaidou. Just think about it, all his crew was killed by Kaidou's crew but Moria was not killed by Kaidou.
And Moria said that the problem with a normal crew was that they can die if they are not enough strong.
That means that his nakamas lost their fight, but that he did not. Otherwise, Kaidou would have killed him as his nakamas did with Moria's.
The fight between Kaidou and Moria has been a tie and that's why Moria is still alive. And that is also why Moria is said to have been the equal of Kaidou.

tothx
August 13, 2009, 09:58 AM
Zoro=Luffy.

Luffy > Zoro when it matters. I wont bother saying much more, youre dead set on argueing using fiction as facts.

And as far as Kaidou goes, if Moria's strength was similar to his own he wouldnt have had the excess strength needed to go after his crew. Moria might just barely have had enough strength to keep himself from getting killed.

Lord Rayleigh
August 13, 2009, 10:27 AM
And as far as Kaidou goes, if Moria's strength was similar to his own he wouldnt have had the excess strength needed to go after his crew.Moria might just barely have had enough strength to keep himself from getting killed.
Actually, we do not really know if Kaidou killed by himself Moria's crewmates, that could have been his nakamas. And if he did, we do not know if it was after their fight that he killed them.

Anyway, I believe what I have read in the manga : Moria used to be the equal of Kaidou in the past.

tothx
August 14, 2009, 11:56 PM
Actually, we do not really know if Kaidou killed by himself Moria's crewmates, that could have been his nakamas. And if he did, we do not know if it was after their fight that he killed them.

Anyway, I believe what I have read in the manga : Moria used to be the equal of Kaidou in the past.

Well perhaps, but that would have been a completely diffrent Moria from the one we know now.

Lord Rayleigh
August 15, 2009, 05:50 AM
Or a completely different Kaidou from the Yonkou he is now.

hisoga
August 15, 2009, 10:33 AM

What if it is actually a lie made by the government so that other people will scare/terrified when their heard moria's name??? a politic cover up??

Lord Rayleigh
August 15, 2009, 10:13 PM
What if it is actually a lie made by the government so that other people will scare/terrified when their heard moria's name??? a politic cover up??
I do not think so. Besides, if that was so, it would have been better to say " is still equal to Kaidou " and not was.
And I do not think Oda will mislead his readers.

Hitsug@ya ta1ch0u
August 15, 2009, 11:34 PM
The point of this is that the Yonkou are not all about them. Its about their Nakama. Look at the most recent chapter. The thing that makes WB so potent is his top Division Commanders are up there with the Admirals.

hisoga
August 16, 2009, 07:39 AM
The point of this is that the Yonkou are not all about them. Its about their Nakama. Look at the most recent chapter. The thing that makes WB so potent is his top Division Commanders are up there with the Admirals.

i'm sorry for being noob but i don't understand what is the connection of your statement and my statement>>>

I do not think so. Besides, if that was so, it would have been better to say " is still equal to Kaidou " and not was.
And I do not think Oda will mislead his readers.

yeah... i agree with you about Oda maybe don't mislead his reader but oda has already show us that to achieve what their want or to maintain their power and reputation WG don't hesitate to do everything in their power... for example, just to protect the dignity of Shicibukai, WG not only ordered kuma to kill strawhat pirate but also anyone or any witnesses to the moria's downfall....they also don't want the whole world to know that a member of shicibukai once again defeated...
so, what i'm trying to say here,maybe the whole thing about moria=kaidou is a lie from WG. Being equal to yonkou surely gain very big reputation and this will enhance the bad assness of shicibukai>>>other pirate will fear when they heard moria's name or shicibukai...

there are still a possibility because, moria himself doesn't mention he is equal to kaidou, only unname pirate say something like that..
two,we know that moria once have a powerful and famous crew but they are all wipe out by maybe kaidou alone or kaidou and crew...but still this show us kaidou>moria in certain way..if we consider at the time kaidou defeated moria, kaidou not a yonkou and moria is a shicibukai, it is logic to say WG lies about moria=kaidou..but if kaidou not a yonkou and moria not a shicibukai at that time, still we can say that at that time kaidou and moria were very famous and their rivalry were known to the whole world.. so it safe to say WG use this fact to increase shicibukai reputation by ofering the status to moria and still cover up the story that moria actually lost to kaidou...
third, kaidou now is one of yonkou...in term of overall strength kaidou=WB=redhaired=unknown yonkou.... but moria after a several years still hiding in florian triangle building his army and now his plan fail but not because of other big name but only by a mere newbie.. so this is show how powerful kaidou and his crew are..they are not only can survive new world but also can stand in it zenith alongside of WB... but still WG cover the real fact and still use the story of moria=kaidou... people surely afraid of someone who can match a yonkou...

but all this is just my opinion... i don't force anybody to agree... so glhf>>>:p

Lord Rayleigh
August 16, 2009, 12:47 PM
It is Moria was equal to Kaidou. People think it means one among the Shichibukai = one among the Yonkou. That is not what was said. Two pirate captains of the New World were equal. That's all. Moria was not a Shichibukai and Kaidou not a Yonkou at this time. I do not see where the problem is.

Poneglyph420
August 16, 2009, 03:04 PM
Based on the manga alone Moria and Kaidou fought evenly and somehow Moria got away to form his Thriller Bark crew. We can assume that Moria was far more deadly, and more of a threat at that time. We have only seen 2 Yonkou up til now and they both had pretty powerful crews. I think we can assume the other Yonkou must have crews of great power. In the end this is a discussion on the most powerful crew. From what we have seen the Yonkou have such power to need both the Marines and Shichibukai to keep them in some sort of stalemate. That's evidence that they are the strongest crews. We only know of 2 of those crews, so yeah.
WB pirates still seem like they take that title.

I also see hints that the BB Pirates are gunning for that position and are well on their way.

kkck
August 16, 2009, 08:06 PM
It is Moria was equal to Kaidou. People think it means one among the Shichibukai = one among the Yonkou. That is not what was said. Two pirate captains of the New World were equal. That's all. Moria was not a Shichibukai and Kaidou not a Yonkou at this time. I do not see where the problem is.

Why do you think kaido was not a yonkou at the time? I don't think such a thing has ever been mentioned lol.

Umbra Wolf
August 17, 2009, 04:39 AM
Why do you think kaido was not a yonkou at the time? I don't think such a thing has ever been mentioned lol.
You are right it was never mentioned.

But this is the whole problem of this discussion. We know nothing about Kaidou except that he fought Moria in the past. We don't know how much time passed since then. We know nothing about their titles and positions, their crew's sizes and powers and nothing about their fighting styles and ethics.
The only thing that is pretty safe to assume is that Moria already had his DF but even that is speculation. They could have fought when they both started in North/South/West/East Blue and were equally weak.

Shanks and Mihawk fought in the past as did Shanks and BB but it is hard to conclude on what level they were back then and what happened until now. Maybe Kaidou hadn't a DF when they fought and found one later and sky rocketed into Yokou position. We don't have a clue yet.

We should not make the same mistake which the Impel Down inmates already did: Buggy was on Gold Roger's ship but you shouldn't give him too much credit for it since he is not that awesome. We are lucky enough to know enough about Buggy to draw reasonable conclusions.
We know 2 Yonkou and parts of their crews. So far it is safe to assume that the other two Yonkous are not much weaker in comparison.