PDA

View Full Version : Romance in OP

jeffhmwong
October 09, 2006, 07:46 AM
:tem
Just to start something interesting here. OP might not be a romance manga, but who knows what ODA might stir up later in the series.

Anyway, So many combinations, if your choice not there, pls give some interesting suggestion.

Some crap suggestions I herd fr other forum was Chopper and Sogeking (haha..Gay) , Zoro and his sword....hahahaahah :)

Krillos
October 09, 2006, 09:38 AM
It's TASHIGI, not TAGISHI! And it's Vivi, not WyWy!
Spell right or prepared to get pwnd!

The Boff
October 09, 2006, 12:30 PM
well, honestly i dont think there will ever be any romance in OP. its not that kind of story but if i were to guess: Hina and Smoker, Vivi an Koza. cause i cant see any of the main characters get romanticly involved. Sanji would love to but he's a lot funnier single :D

bax
October 09, 2006, 04:45 PM
I agree with BoffenJL here. If there are romance scenes in OP, it would just be like seeing eyes to eyes. No flowers (except Sanji), candlelight dinner or gifts. But for this time, I would say Zoro-Robin, Vivi-Koza and Sanji-NOTHING. Yep,for the sake of the continuation of some of those zany comedies, sanji should not get one. Oda should let him constantly crazy over Nami for nothing.

tqm_z
October 10, 2006, 11:51 AM
"Zorro, Robin... you can do wedding ceremony at the end of Grand Line", another Luffy's baseless statement.

Dragonzair
October 10, 2006, 12:29 PM
Zorro, Robin... you can do wedding ceremony at the end of Grand Line", another Luffy's baseless statement.

:nuts Where was this stated? :nuts

I can't really think of OP having much romances in it at all. But I do have crack parings in mind. XD Zoro/Robin, Smoker/Tashigi (snorts), Luffy/Nami, etc.

It's fun just looking for small hints and stuff too. XD

bakashijinsan
October 11, 2006, 12:07 AM
no romance!!! :omg

it'd kill off the fun parts of One Piece! pleeease nooooooo! :wtf

infyquest
October 11, 2006, 12:11 AM
yes that also my opinion

bakashijinsan
October 11, 2006, 12:23 AM
"Zorro, Robin... you can do wedding ceremony at the end of Grand Line", another Luffy's baseless statement.

yeah! i didn't see this or was this in the anime?

Dark Zeza
October 11, 2006, 01:16 AM
I would go for Smoker/Hina, Vivi/Koza and Raki/Viper.

I've never heard of it.

bax
October 11, 2006, 05:09 AM

Seriously, I think he just be sarcastic about this.

bakashijinsan
October 11, 2006, 05:20 AM
Seriously, I think he just be sarcastic about this.

okay! i get it. but i really don't see a basis on why would you pair up zoro and robin.

the possible couples here in one piece IMO is Ussop and Kaya and Vivi and Koza but nontheless it won't be explored in the manga (at least in my perception)

bax
October 11, 2006, 05:26 AM
but i really don't see a basis on why would you pair up zoro and robin.

Haha... I'm a fan of Zoro-Robin pairing too :p
Well, both of them are wiser than most of the crew and most of the time they're making sense instead of saying nonsense. They are serious but do smile and laugh from time to time. Eventhough we see Robin is like straight all the time, but I can imagine she can be a very good wife...

Not making sense am I? Haha... I'm just a fan of those two... :p

Dragonzair
October 12, 2006, 03:47 AM
okay! i get it. but i really don't see a basis on why would you pair up zoro and robin.

It's more of a crack pairing based on small scenes. XD

When Zoro saves Nami, its always because she's a friend, and he jsut saves her...normally I guess. But that scene where he stops Robin from falling when Enel eletrocuted her was definitely different. XD

And...also what baxteristic said. :p They're jsut too cute to not pair. XD And those scenes with Robin trying to make smal talk with him, while he gets annoyed of her because she still doesn't trust him. XD It's a popular pairing in Japa too, with all the fanarts I've uncovered. >.>;

bakashijinsan
October 13, 2006, 04:44 AM
It's more of a crack pairing based on small scenes. XD

When Zoro saves Nami, its always because she's a friend, and he jsut saves her...normally I guess. But that scene where he stops Robin from falling when Enel eletrocuted her was definitely different. XD

And...also what baxteristic said. :p They're jsut too cute to not pair. XD And those scenes with Robin trying to make smal talk with him, while he gets annoyed of her because she still doesn't trust him. XD It's a popular pairing in Japa too, with all the fanarts I've uncovered. >.>;

:loool i get it! well when you all put it that way, it would seem that they do have a thing. yeah! i remember that moment when zoro was furious and sad at the same time when Enel struck Robin with lightning.

:D i've looked at it as Zoro's machismo kicking in.

Dragonzair
October 13, 2006, 05:36 AM
:loool i get it! well when you all put it that way, it would seem that they do have a thing. yeah! i remember that moment when zoro was furious and sad at the same time when Enel struck Robin with lightning.

:D i've looked at it as Zoro's machismo kicking in.

Exactly! XD

I like how you explained it. XD Zoro's machismo. KEKEKE 8D That's why I was waiting for the very moment they finally all got together. XD And I just like the dynamics between them. Zoro always not caring, but he probably is.

Like in one of the latest chapter, Zoro tells her to stop talking about thanking them and stuff. XD

Another favourite Zoro/Robin moment was when Robin introduced herself to the others, and Zoro was the only one who didn't trust her. The anime made it even more adorable. XD You should watch it. XD

bakashijinsan
October 13, 2006, 05:55 AM
Exactly! XD

I like how you explained it. XD Zoro's machismo. KEKEKE 8D That's why I was waiting for the very moment they finally all got together. XD And I just like the dynamics between them. Zoro always not caring, but he probably is.

Like in one of the latest chapter, Zoro tells her to stop talking about thanking them and stuff. XD

Another favourite Zoro/Robin moment was when Robin introduced herself to the others, and Zoro was the only one who didn't trust her. The anime made it even more adorable. XD You should watch it. XD

watched it! :D but still not convinced though. i dunno why? maybe it's just me.

i just remembred Zoro's words when Robin was bolted by Enel.
"She's a woman." kinda reminds me of FPJ because of Zoro's voice.

:Haha

LMAO! XD

*cracks up a billion times* If you say it that way, that's kinda weird. But yeah, it does. :p I jsut noticed that, in the poll, ZoRo is leading all of a sudden. XD //DZ

Anti-panda
October 13, 2006, 07:05 PM
realisticly romance would ruin one piece .. it would totally shift the focus of the manga from what makes it great. So I would only endorse Ussop . kaya.
But figuritively I like nami V. luffy.

bakashijinsan
October 13, 2006, 10:19 PM
LMAO! XD

*cracks up a billion times* If you say it that way, that's kinda weird. But yeah, it does. p I jsut noticed that, in the poll, ZoRo is leading all of a sudden. XD //DZ

that's probably because of us talking too much about the zoro/robin pair. well that's kinda cute. :Haha

realisticly romance would ruin one piece .. it would totally shift the focus of the manga from what makes it great. So I would only endorse Ussop . kaya.
But figuritively I like nami V. luffy.

totally agree with you. but i realized people here in this thread are just having fun on pairing up couples and telling how cute they go along with each other.
:D personally i didn't like going much in this thread up until a good arguement was brought up by baxter and DZ 'bout robin and zoro.

but i still didn't vote. i'm not a pro-romance OP fan. :p

Anti-panda
October 13, 2006, 11:06 PM
Hey why isn't Robin V. Chopper a choice?
Hey it's onepiece anything can happen! Jk
And we also forgot Sanji V. Alvidia.

bakashijinsan
October 13, 2006, 11:13 PM
:omg that made me laugh :rofl :rofl

robin and chopper! :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

bax
October 14, 2006, 02:37 AM
Hey why isn't Robin V. Chopper a choice?

This is really amusing :rofl Look into the far future, after all the SH adventures ended. Can you see what I mean?

Anyway, if there is romance in OP, it will happened after they finally reached "One Piece". Looking at current developments, it's impossible for them to have romance on the ship. Storywise, we maybe got to see the buildup of that romance, but not the true one before they reached their goals. This is only if Oda wants to addup this kind of thing into OP IMO.

Dragonzair
October 14, 2006, 03:03 AM
Another cute crack pairing would be that bartender lady back in Luffy's hometown, and Shanks. :p

And as for Chopper and Robin...besides stating the obvious (XD), another horrifying thing is that Chopper is the youngest of the crew (about 15, methinks), and Robin's the oldest.

That calls for paedophile. >_>;

*cracks up some more*

Anyway, if there is romance in OP, it will happened after they finally reached "One Piece". Looking at current developments, it's impossible for them to have romance on the ship. Storywise, we maybe got to see the buildup of that romance, but not the true one before they reached their goals. This is only if Oda wants to addup this kind of thing into OP IMO.

Agreed very much. The only canon couple I can see for now is Ussop and Kaya, and probably Kohza and Vivi. And it may be possible that there may have been something that had happenened between Smoker and Hina. Otherwise, I don't see why she was willing to save Smoker's ass from being kicked out of the Marines a long time ago.

If Oda is going to add romance, it's at the end. Maybe a glimpse of the future, or just there and then. Or possible in two/three volumes before that. For now, he'll just put small moments and whatnot, methinks.

Anti-panda
October 14, 2006, 09:30 AM
Hey the pedo thing isn't really a issue ... If it's good enough for a United States congressman ehm... coff coff (mark foley) then it's good enough for ... no switch that I have higher expectations of One Piece than I do any politician.
But seriously robin and chopper do have this whole little brother / big sister mentality and vibe going on ... expecially during the whole davy back fight saga.

Dragonzair
October 14, 2006, 10:19 AM
Hey the pedo thing isn't really a issue ... If it's good enough for a United States congressman ehm... coff coff (mark foley) then it's good enough for ... no switch that I have higher expectations of One Piece than I do any politician.
But seriously robin and chopper do have this whole little brother / big sister mentality and vibe going on ... expecially during the whole davy back fight saga.

Exactly. But no romance. XD

Awww...Tashigi's leading the polls. Although, I do see that as another possiblity, but I'm not that fond of it...for all I want to believe, Zoro found Kuina as an older sister/best friend/opponent to beat/etc. XD It is still funny to see those to in a scene together, but I can't imagine Tashigi with a pirate just yet.

bax
October 14, 2006, 10:21 AM
Better look again DZ. That Usopp and Kaya pair has just regain the poll crown again. I guess other than Vivi, Kaya is the only girl that seems to admire her man. So, I can see where this is coming from.

Brave warrior of the sea and a doctor. Hmm... Not a bad pair for romance in Op I presume.

bakashijinsan
October 14, 2006, 10:30 AM
but I can't imagine Tashigi with a pirate just yet.

not with all the "justice" and fanaticism about swords that she got as of the moment. she'll forever see Zoro as a criminal unless they have a small talk.

I guess other than Vivi, Kaya is the only girl that seems to admire her man. So, I can see where this is coming from.

Brave warrior of the sea and a doctor. Hmm... Not a bad pair for romance in Op I presume.

Kaya looks up to ussop in a girl-who's-in-love way and you can guess very well on why ussop is so attached to going merry so much since it was given to them by Kaya. so they're pretty much the ones that we'll see that'll have a romantic ending.

Vivi and Koza of course is a pair that can be tied up but we all know what's going on between those two so no exploration needed.

tqm_z
October 14, 2006, 10:58 AM
maybe we could see Straw Hat BABY at the end of the grand line, but in which combination??? :P

Anti-panda
October 15, 2006, 11:24 AM
maybe we could see Straw Hat BABY at the end of the grand line, but in which combination??? :P

Like in the davy back fight when sanji starts imagining that he has a daughter. (when they start talking about thier progeny taking on thier debt of service if they loose.)
But The pairing i d like to see is nami v. luffy.. could you imagine someone who had luffys strength or potentail strength and namis brain and deviousness... awesome.

Dragonzair
October 15, 2006, 03:03 PM
Like in the davy back fight when sanji starts imagining that he has a daughter. (when they start talking about thier progeny taking on thier debt of service if they loose.)

Anime, right? I don't remember this in the manga...(btw, which episode was that, if so?)

As for Luffy and Nami, I'd love that too. If not for the possibility of Nami being...a lesbian (Ask Genma chan *Hermie* for details on why; it's understandable) XD.

Anti-panda
October 15, 2006, 08:44 PM
Anime, right? I don't remember this in the manga...(btw, which episode was that, if so?)

As for Luffy and Nami, I'd love that too. If not for the possibility of Nami being...a lesbian (Ask Genma chan *Hermie* for details on why; it's understandable) XD.

Yep it's in the anime ... only... look at ep 217 ... It's one of the few things i acctually really like that the anime adds.

lonewolf
October 17, 2006, 12:02 PM
if you guys vote for Zoro and Robin 
better look again at how ODA put tashigi in the story....
look at her design and look at the way Zoro talk when he's facing her

beside this one....
i think Sanji and Nami is going to end up falling in love at the very end of OP

Dragonzair
October 17, 2006, 02:31 PM
if you guys vote for Zoro and Robin
better look again at how ODA put tashigi in the story....
look at her design and look at the way Zoro talk when he's facing her

It doesn't mean that Oda couldn't use Tashigi's character as someone who could annoy Zoro, or at least scare him away. And there was never anything between Zoro and Kuina. XD

Untill I see Tashigi forgetting all about her 'Justice' that she totally believes in, I won't see her as a person falling for a pirate, moreso for Roronoa Zoro. The person who she has the most vengeance against. Although, this vengeance thing can be proof of something that might happen later, but I'd rather stick to the safe side for now. XD

What I can see in the future though, is that she develops mutual respect for him in the end. I can see her jsut like Smoker. Both of them into moral justice, rather than absolute justice. So she'll probably have a sort of friendly relation with Zoro in the end? XD

Luckas
October 17, 2006, 02:35 PM
It doesn't mean that Oda couldn't use Tashigi's character as someone who could annoy Zoro, or at least scare him away. And there was never anything between Zoro and Kuina. XD

Untill I see Tashigi forgetting all about her 'Justice' that she totally believes in, I won't see her as a person falling for a pirate, moreso for Roronoa Zoro. The person who she has the most vengeance against. Although, this vengeance thing can be proof of something that might happen later, but I'd rather stick to the safe side for now. XD

What I can see in the future though, is that she develops mutual respect for him in the end. I can see her jsut like Smoker. Both of them into moral justice, rather than absolute justice. So she'll probably have a sort of friendly relation with Zoro in the end? XD
I always thought that between Tashigi and Zoro there was a misunderstanding. And Tashigi knew that was Strawhat crew which saved Alabasta nation from Crocodile, who was protected by the governement.

Anti-panda
October 17, 2006, 10:10 PM
Well look at how both tashigi and smoker reacted to the fiasco in arabasta, It's obvious that thier "Justice" and the World Govt. "justice" don't mingle or coincide.
Sadly thou it's not as obvious as the fact that both tashigi and smoker are a long .... looonnnng ... way away from being on any sort of friendly terms with any pirates let alone .,... romance.
I wonder why smoker hates pirates so much when he obviously admires the Pirate king gol D. roger soo much... but alas that is for a different topic.
I say Smoker @ Hina is about 5000x times higher probability than smoker @ tashigi thou.. they seem to have more of a platonic relationship.. more like Father daughter... or Older Brother + Baby Sister.

Dragonzair
October 18, 2006, 12:08 AM
I always thought that between Tashigi and Zoro there was a misunderstanding. And Tashigi knew that was Strawhat crew which saved Alabasta nation from Crocodile, who was protected by the governement.

She said she hated Roronoa Zoro for being a cold blooded killer, and is on a quest to gather all the swords from criminals. I think before she met Zoro, she didn't know he was a pirate, so I'm jsut wondering why she hate this agenda against him. But now that he is, that is what makes him against her.

And yeah. That's why I said towards the end they'd probably develop mutual respect for each other. Since her and Smoker knows that the SH crew helped overthrow Crocodile, and possible, more in later chapters. I'm still wondering what Smoker wants with them though, since him and Tashigi are still after them, plus he even gave Aokiji a message to give Luffy. But I'm going off topic, so never mind. XD

Well look at how both tashigi and smoker reacted to the fiasco in arabasta, It's obvious that thier "Justice" and the World Govt. "justice" don't mingle or coincide.
Sadly thou it's not as obvious as the fact that both tashigi and smoker are a long .... looonnnng ... way away from being on any sort of friendly terms with any pirates let alone .,... romance.

Mutual respect, yeah. Romance, not yet. 'Yet' is the key word, actually. XD Until Oda actually shows much more scenes with Zoro and Tashigi interacting in any other way than shouting at each other's head. XD

I wonder why smoker hates pirates so much when he obviously admires the Pirate king gol D. roger soo much... but alas that is for a different topic.

I think it's because he's always wondered why the Pirate King smiled when he was killed, much the same way Luffy did when he was about to be executed. From the way he talked about Gl D. Roger, it seemed obvious that he actually saw the execution itself. Which means he had lived in Logue Town since he was probably a young man, possibly child. Seeing Gol D. Roger smile made him much more interested in him. Much the same way he is now with Luffy.

I say Smoker @ Hina is about 5000x times higher probability than smoker @ tashigi thou.. they seem to have more of a platonic relationship.. more like Father daughter... or Older Brother + Baby Sister.

Yeah. I agree with you on that. Even if I like that crack pairing much more than Smoker/Hina, it's just not meant to be. But the father-daughter relationship is hilarious though. XD Smoker/Hina is deifinitely a high probability. They've both got a differnt sense of Justice, yet Hina helped stop Smoker from getting kicked out. o.O

Luckas
October 18, 2006, 04:32 AM
She said she hated Roronoa Zoro for being a cold blooded killer, and is on a quest to gather all the swords from criminals.
But Zoro isn't a cold blooded killer, and about being a criminal we can dispute that a lot.

bax
October 18, 2006, 05:32 AM
But Zoro isn't a cold blooded killer, and about being a criminal we can dispute that a lot.

Yeah. Zoro is like doing all he can to live. And plus, he's like a "villain" with his own motives and goals.

Dragonzair
October 18, 2006, 05:44 AM
Hm. Yeah, that was why I was sort of confused why she hated him in the beginning. She should've known that he was a Pirate Hunter.

Dark Zeza
October 18, 2006, 05:50 AM
I think Tashigi said she hated Zoro because he use the sword for bouty hunting in the beginning. It seem she dont like the way he misuse the sword (using sword to get money). So later on she will know that he use the swords in good way.

jeffhmwong
October 18, 2006, 08:33 AM
I think Tashigi and Zoro will pair up eventually. Oda seems to building this relationship much more than Zoro-RObin relationship.

I m expecting something outstanding in the next crossover between these two (zoro-Tashigi)

Anti-panda
October 18, 2006, 01:16 PM
I think alot of tashigi and smoker's resentment toward the mugiwara's extends from the fact they they were able to step up where both of them failed .. .stop crocodile and save alabasta. So if anything tashigi is suffering from a case of wounded Pride.
And lets face it unless they've done some major training and powering up tey wont be able to even face the strawhats now.

The Boff
October 18, 2006, 03:45 PM
And lets face it unless they've done some major training and powering up tey wont be able to even face the strawhats now.

this is off topic but i have to say it. smoker would still stand a big chance against luffy. luffy may have his gears but if you cant hit your target, what good does extreme speed or strength do for you? nope, no good at all.

zoro vs tashigi would probably just be embarrasing for her if she hasnt done some SERIOUS training.
(yo anti-panda if you want to continue this discussion i or you can make a new thread for it. pm me if so!)

Anti-panda
October 18, 2006, 06:48 PM
this is off topic but i have to say it. smoker would still stand a big chance against luffy. luffy may have his gears but if you cant hit your target, what good does extreme speed or strength do for you? nope, no good at all.

zoro vs tashigi would probably just be embarrasing for her if she hasnt done some SERIOUS training.
(yo anti-panda if you want to continue this discussion i or you can make a new thread for it. pm me if so!)

I agree there needs to be a rivalries thread ...... Done!! http://mangahelpers.com/forum/index.php?topic=9893.0

And I don't know ... would tashigi really copliment zoro well or do I just say that cause tashigi looks like kuina..? I think the latter.

bax
October 18, 2006, 06:55 PM
And I don't know ... would tashigi really copliment zoro well or do I just say that cause tashigi looks like kuina..? I think the latter.

I don't think that Zoro viewed Kuina as "lover" or something. Kuina is like a sister to him. And the only thing they share is to become the world's best swordsman/woman.

Dragonzair
October 19, 2006, 02:19 AM
^ I agree with Bax. XD

Still though, I'm an avid fan of Zoro and Robin. XD

jeffhmwong
October 22, 2006, 05:50 AM
Well la dee da....!!!! Look how happening my discussion became. Wooot

neild
November 02, 2006, 08:34 AM
i think it will be great to see sanji and nami falling in love
or zoro and robin =p lol
crew romance...

Mugiwara_no_Jack
November 03, 2006, 12:44 PM
What's about Robin & Nami :D

I would like it for sure :D

neild
November 03, 2006, 06:29 PM
What's about Robin & Nami :D

I would like it for sure :D

o my god how sick of you haha why not chopper instead to make it even sicker? or zoro and sanji

Anti-panda
November 06, 2006, 02:40 AM
o my god how sick of you haha why not chopper instead to make it even sicker? or zoro and sanji

Hey im totally cool with lesbians ... As long as thier both hot. XD
no Seriously were talking romance here.... Not Ecchi. So I'd say stop right now before the Yaoi freaks get hold of this.
Ohh and I do have a new couple ...
Iceburg ~ Califa.
They had good chemestry and they worked together for all those years. ehhh... yeah thats the stuff.

jeffhmwong
November 06, 2006, 06:22 AM
Yea....califa is one hot babe...maybe the hottest one in the whole OP..

Mugiwara_no_Jack
November 06, 2006, 01:51 PM
Hey was a joke of mine...could see it from this friend here --> :D

I really think there were something going on between Cocolo and Tom...

And Buggy and Alvida are a sort of couple someday....I'm pretty sure about this.

Anti-panda
November 06, 2006, 08:33 PM
And Buggy and Alvida are a sort of couple someday....I'm pretty sure about this.

Indeed Flashily .....
Did anyone else notice aside from Alvidia who doesn't count since she was a captain. The only crews of pirates in one piece that have women in them are the strawhats and Whitebeard ( his nurses)

jeffhmwong
November 07, 2006, 07:45 AM
Many crew had females on their ship. Example Foxxy's crew. And how about the Baraque works. Several females use to be pirates too.

Anti-panda
November 07, 2006, 01:58 PM
Many crew had females on their ship. Example Foxxy's crew. And how about the Baraque works. Several females use to be pirates too.

i forgot about foxy and none of the baroque works count as pirates since they were a secret organization operating covertly. So they aren't pirates just because they work for a former pirate.
I was just saying apparently women pirates are as rare in op as they were in real life.

Mugiwara_no_Jack
November 07, 2006, 05:00 PM
I think Oda did that on purpose...
you've already said: in real life was it rare

neild
November 08, 2006, 06:11 AM
i think if romance is going to happen in one piece, it is going to involved sanji in it. no matter who the partner is

jeffhmwong
November 09, 2006, 07:36 AM
I say sanji and nami will eventually end up together.

neild
November 09, 2006, 09:23 AM
sanji and a stranger he met on the journey

Freakzin
November 13, 2006, 11:00 AM
SANJI AND A MERMAID ^~

bebekhappy
November 13, 2006, 07:03 PM
SANJI AND A MERMAID ^~

Hope it's not a mermaid like Kokoro :D

I say sanji and nami will eventually end up together.

Nah... i think it's better for Nami to ended up with Luffy :jk, besides Nami kinda have lil' feelinng with her Captain :eyeroll

Freakzin
November 13, 2006, 07:08 PM
no no luffy should end up with the woman that will eat or already ate the "BIG SILVER STATUE" no mi LOL
two things in one ^^

neild
November 13, 2006, 07:33 PM
remember when sanji almost choked out when seeing kokoro in swim suit haha

Julmari
December 03, 2006, 08:39 AM
So i was thinking will thre be any romance in one piece.

I personally think that Luffy will find a wife for himsels in the "new world". I think his wife will be something like an Amazon..

Tell me what you think

sorry for the english

We already have a topic on romance in One Piece, so I'll have to merge this with the other thread. ~ Ayah

Anti-panda
December 07, 2006, 02:12 AM
I personally think real romance in onepiece would bog down the story and distract from what OP is really about ... Nakama ... Dreams. If you want romance there are about 1000 manga out there that do it right and about 500 that do it well .. go read one of those and keep OP what makes it great. Fun and cool.

Seiken
December 07, 2006, 10:53 AM
I personally think real romance in onepiece would bog down the story and distract from what OP is really about ... Nakama ... Dreams. If you want romance there are about 1000 manga out there that do it right and about 500 that do it well .. go read one of those and keep OP what makes it great. Fun and cool.

Damn right. Romance and One Piece should not be combined.

triniman121
December 10, 2006, 11:56 PM
if there is any romance in OP it can be at the end.

or example showing luffy after he is a pirate king and he has a son with his strength and let's say nami's brain.

Pevee
December 11, 2006, 12:28 AM

or example showing luffy after he is a pirate king and he has a son with his strength and let's say nami's brain.

Yeah, it would be hard for One Piece to have romance in it because of its comedy and plot, until the very end at least. I don't expect any until the last couple of chapters. So let's hope that it won't come up in the near future. XD

Anti-panda
December 11, 2006, 01:29 AM

Yeah but When any manga does that it's always like ... well lets give them something to shut them up... so it feels out of place. I think that if one piece is going strong for over 430+ chapters and in my opinion is better than it has been for a while ... well it might be a long ... long time before it finishes. They have only been to one of the four seas and one of many paths through the grandline. Sooo ... anyway Long story short as much as the temptation is there I'm 100% against Two main characters having a relation ship.
Plus why isn't anyone stating the obvious Robin + Franky... I mean Robin's already gotten to 3rd base with Franky ... (See chapter 437) But not in a good way! XD

jeffhmwong
December 11, 2006, 09:53 AM
Pls reconfirm.....Chapter 237 they just arrive at sky island...what u mean by franky robin? He's still to show up..

otaclub_87
December 11, 2006, 10:17 AM
yup..i agreed...no romance in one piece....(altough the first book titled is "romance dawn"..but that's not exactly the same romance as we are talking in this thread..)///

anyway..i choose zorro n tashigi..dunno..seems like i see a bit chemistry between them

Pevee
December 11, 2006, 09:48 PM
yup..i agreed...no romance in one piece....(altough the first book titled is "romance dawn"..but that's not exactly the same romance as we are talking in this thread..)///

anyway..i choose zorro n tashigi..dunno..seems like i see a bit chemistry between them

Yeah, with both of them a sword user and all. It's that love/hate relationship.

jumbohiggins
December 12, 2006, 07:01 PM
i dont think luffy nami or sanji could ever wind up with anyone for these reasons

luffy: i mean comeon the guy cant sit still for five minutes his wife would have a ciniption

nami: cleptomaniac golddigger nuff said

sanji: beacuse the ones that are love crazy never actually get girlfreinds in manga

triniman121
December 12, 2006, 07:26 PM
i dont think luffy nami or sanji could ever wind up with anyone for these reasons

luffy: i mean comeon the guy cant sit still for five minutes his wife would have a ciniption

nami: cleptomaniac golddigger nuff said

sanji: beacuse the ones that are love crazy never actually get girlfreinds in manga

good point but why does he get the crap beat out of him by nami even though it's comic relief. so far the only person luffy really listens to is her. even though she is a "golddigger " as you said luffy if going to be pirate king

but any romance might not even happen

Julmari
December 13, 2006, 10:16 AM
as i stated before luffy will find some warrior kind of a girl not from the SH

Efreet
December 19, 2006, 07:36 AM
my guess is Zoro and Tashigi :smile-big

LightReaper
December 19, 2006, 10:08 AM
No romance, the only one I can see happening is Usopp / Kaya or whoever it is back at his homevillage.

One Piece has always been about friendship.

John M.D.
December 30, 2006, 03:49 AM
I personally like to see luffy and nami together :eyeroll :amuse I love the moment when nami was sick and luffy had his hand wounded for climbing towards the high castle in drum island and nami in turn trusted luffy to protect her from harm towards doctor kureha :smile-big :smile-big :smile-big I loved that mo'

jeffhmwong
December 30, 2006, 08:26 AM
I think sanji nami is more possible...I always think of Luffy as a dumbass...

John M.D.
December 30, 2006, 08:10 PM
I think sanji nami is more possible...I always think of Luffy as a dumbass...

But it would be funnier for good ol' mr. prince to remain single :luffy

OP_overlord
December 30, 2006, 10:58 PM
there will be no love in this manga but if i had to chose

nami and sanji
luffy and some random person
zoro and robin
usopp and kaya
hina and smoker

tashigi and vivi are hated by all them might get hitched later

it would be funn if everone gets married/together with someone else but sanji lonely mr prince he could have a bunch on O.N.S. (dane cook saying)

triniman121
December 31, 2006, 01:58 AM
is a battle between luffy, sanji, and nami...

since oda like dz and added many of it characteristics luffy = goku and nami - cho cho

chi chi and nami both being able to put up with the main characters

sushi
December 31, 2006, 08:45 AM
:paperbagguys...my idea is different so i don't wanna vote :nuts

i'm am thinking more to zoro n nami while sanji with robin, ussop with kaya

i'm no really sure bout luffy, franky, and chopper

here is my explanation for my choice :
1.zoro n nami > zoro is already the cool type while nami is a little bit short-tempered...so they can neutralise each others characteristics :amuse
2.sanji n robin > these two is perfect since robin is much more elegant and graceful than nami which kinda suits sanji since he declares himself as a prince : :p :p :phahahahha :Haha
3.ussop n kaya > just ussop's personal feeling from the start i think :tem

i love this type of topic
peace out :lovebunny :gigglebunny :lovebunny

OP_overlord
December 31, 2006, 12:22 PM
i could see nami and zoro, and sanji and robin

but i think that we can all agree on the fact that usopp and kaya will have a thing

sushi
December 31, 2006, 05:56 PM
ahahhhah

well sure hopefully hat would happen

ReAl0sT
January 02, 2007, 07:24 PM
I say Zoro & Tashigi and Ussop & Kaya for sure. Zoro and Tashigi seem to have a connection, she's interested in him because he famous and she wants to hunt him (for love hehe) and Zoro seems interested because she looks like her childhood friend. Kinda obvious that Ussop and Kaya will be together. Luffy seems too much of a "dunderhead" to get a girl. Nami doesn't seem to have any HUMAN love (thats right, money love) right now. Sanji's practically a pimp/player. Robin doesn't seem that interested in a love life. And what about Chopper? Why not pair him with some human who ate the reindeer fruit heh?

OP_overlord
January 02, 2007, 09:41 PM
that would be crazy if some ate teh raindeer DF and they could fly and stuff (they would help santa and what not) but that would be kool for chopper and sanji is a wanna be pimp now of teh girls like him back he is like to cute for him. robin has just had some issues in her life with trust and love i thnk that the more time she spend the more she trust and loves (she isalso the oldest in the crew) she could go out with aokiji but he is older then her to and more like a father fiure to her (with teh protection in the ohara insident) teh two sword fighters would be a good match they could train together and nami is all about the money and orenges and she doesnt care about people, and luffy is to dumb to know about girls he just goes with the flow

sushi
January 03, 2007, 07:15 AM
it's like luffy had eaten baka-baka no mi since his father n grandfather is kinda good in thier intelectual way

OP_overlord
January 07, 2007, 12:47 AM
yeah i know what you mean they are smart but luffy is to i think he just plays like he is not by always talking about random stuff atlest he doesnt get lost like zoro

triniman121
January 07, 2007, 01:41 PM
hey may be dumb but at least has has a good moral and he is a genius combatant [br]Posted on: January 07, 2007, 01:41:02 PM_________________________________________________but i still see a nami and luffy connection

John M.D.
January 07, 2007, 04:21 PM
but i still see a nami and luffy connection

Heck YES! I'm an avid fan of luffy loves nami! hahah :D Luffy is not that dumb guys :( he's just too simple minded and childish, but when it comes to thinking, he excels :D

jeffhmwong
January 08, 2007, 06:24 AM
Yea....a bimbo and a dumbass....what a great pair up...

OP_overlord
January 08, 2007, 11:33 PM
luffy is not that dumb not in combat anyway and nami is no bimbo fool she is just hot

Natan
January 09, 2007, 12:04 AM
well luffy is idiot this is for sure buttttttttttt even goku married and man goku is was bad or worse than luffy(he have his intellectual(man hurts say this) moments like when he is serius) and if some girl say hi luffy marry me I he will for sure like some dbz char. =)

But I'm pretty sure that in one piece romance is legend, oda could change that there is so many thing that can happen but i im my humble opinion don't really think so.

But don't be sad guys this is the history of shounen to much action to few love, at least 99% =)

Absolutio
January 10, 2007, 05:37 AM
Goku married Chi-Chi coz when they were kids she asked him to promise her that they will marry each other, and when they met as grown-ups, Goku (being as innocence as he is) forgot all about it, but he married her so he won't break his promise. :D

I don't think Luffy is capable of doing so.. :p He aint that naive/innocence :p He's a bit more realistic.. Not to mention, I dont see Luffy and Nami getting along as husband&wife.. I said it once, and I'll say it again.. Nami's Scary!!

sushi
January 10, 2007, 05:52 AM
yeah agreed...but the thing is tht nami is for zoro

jeffhmwong
January 10, 2007, 09:39 AM
Nah....I dont thnk zorro n nami is possible...
zorro with tagishi/robin possible
Nami with luffy/ sanji possible..

not nami zoro.

hrseber
January 10, 2007, 01:44 PM
Nah....I dont thnk zorro n nami is possible...
zorro with tagishi/robin possible
Nami with luffy/ sanji possible..

not nami zoro.

The only way I could see Nami and Zoro getting together is if Oda (who we all know loves Dragonball) follows the DB storyline where Bulma = Nami marries Vegeta = Zoro

sushi
January 11, 2007, 07:39 AM
hahaha that's why since oda-sensei really loves DB why not zoro n nami

this happen when one day zoro save nami from some trouble
they also always quarel <<< a camouflage so that people won't think them a couple even though they really are...

Kalkoen
January 11, 2007, 09:04 AM
Why is there no Robin <-> Nami combo in the poll? :eyeroll

OP_overlord
January 11, 2007, 04:31 PM
no sanji will save nami and then they will start fighting to cover it up but they will love easch other

robin and zoro already fight so we know that they like eash other and then zoo will save roibin and the love will come out

sushi
January 12, 2007, 01:51 AM
hhahahahahha...........that's okay too

jeffhmwong
January 13, 2007, 06:58 AM
WTF? Nami robin?

With lesbian and gay combo, this poll wont fit dude!

AzrielCross
January 13, 2007, 07:20 AM
I dont think Luffy is an idiot he just became more carefree to live like his friends when he was a child. He saw how they where and that is what he wanted. So he likes to see how things turn out and Nami see that in him. So i think Nami and Luffy.

Luckas
January 13, 2007, 07:25 AM
I believe the more obvious are ZoroxTashigi and UsoppxKaya.
At the beginning of manga I thought also about LuffyxNami, especially after Arlog Arc, but now I'm not so sure because it hasn't any development at all.

Azurel
January 17, 2007, 06:55 AM
NoOoOo.. :eek ZoroxTashigi is just so wrong!! How can they be leading?!?! *calls out to all other zoroxrobin fan!!* Zoro deserves better than tashigi XD (psst, that's the fangirl in me speaking) Besides her swordsmanship and appearance, she's nothing like Zoro's childhood friends.. whom I can't seem to recall her name.. -.- I prefer a ZoroXRobin pairing though.. Both my favourite characters ^^ They are better suited for each other IMO But, I frankly don't think there will be romance in OP, maybe we get hints and vibes.. (like the one we get between robin & zoro :p) but not actual "romance", it would ruin the whole nakama thing that OP is all about.

:faint robinXchopper.. you have gotta be kidding me.. that scene during the davy fight back in the anime is really a show of motherly love XD or sisterly love.. if ya get wad i mean..

P.S My few postings in OP discussion although I'm a big OP fan (I watch anime then, read manga) coz it's a pro-manga fan here. :guns I'm kinda wary of these threads in case I bump into any Spoiler Monster that lurks around.. I avoid any thread that appears to be talking about the current manga chapters or any future speculation.. :s (which is a lot :blink) Guess, I shall just hide in the 'safe' threads :ninja

sushi
January 18, 2007, 05:10 AM
hahahhahahah

sure kill thread nice
i like the zoroxrobin but i still way prefer zoroxnami

jeffhmwong
January 18, 2007, 05:56 AM
Yea....or maybe chopper x sogeking

Kalkoen
January 18, 2007, 07:32 AM
Yea....or maybe chopper x sogeking

No, chopper deservers better :P

Azurel
January 18, 2007, 07:39 AM
yeah much much better... imagine their relationship would be based on lies!!! :s

Usopp Kaizokudan
January 19, 2007, 02:26 AM
Robin x Chopper

They are always together.

Edited for inappropiate language. Luckas

sushi
January 19, 2007, 06:01 AM
robin is reserved

Azurel
January 19, 2007, 10:31 AM
reserved?

reserved for zoro rite? yeah i know :p

OP_overlord
January 19, 2007, 11:41 AM
ace and robin would be kool
robin and chopper they are always together not out of love but robin is looking out for chopper is is a scardy cat (raindeer) no love just like cute pet kinda thing

shii
January 20, 2007, 02:09 AM
I go with Robin x Luffy
Strange and weird.

jeffhmwong
January 20, 2007, 06:31 AM
spiderweb

Ussop kaku?
U mean USop KAYA?

Azurel
January 20, 2007, 07:32 AM
spiderweb

Ussop kaku?
U mean USop KAYA?

:lmao

Luckas
January 20, 2007, 01:58 PM
Please, stay on topic. Luckas

sushi
January 21, 2007, 04:15 AM
robin to serious for luffy

OP_overlord
January 21, 2007, 03:25 PM
that is why luffy and robin would be a good combo oppistie attract

shii
January 21, 2007, 04:12 PM
I agree. xD

Btw both saved each other life's more than 1 time :smile-big

[Robin when Luffy was defeated by croc once and with the antidote in the end of Arabastaa Arc]

And Luffy..well I guess I don't need to say about it

Thhey are kinda destined :eyeroll
Still I think romance would suck in OP.

sushi
January 22, 2007, 06:07 AM
yeah that would be great

change my choice now bout robin....she's with luffy while nami still with zoro

jeffhmwong
January 22, 2007, 06:35 AM
I still think the luffy robin pairing sucks...

Zoro robin possible, franky robin possible, sanji robin....possible..

Not luffy...

sushi
January 22, 2007, 07:57 AM
hahahah

why so??

OP_overlord
January 22, 2007, 09:36 PM
my votes (yeah i final ddi them )
robin and zoro - cause i got other two vote that way too
sanji and vivi - mr prince need i say more
and everone knows that ussop and kaya will get married so i chose Hina and Smoker cuase they got so love conections i think

sushi
January 23, 2007, 02:20 AM
hahahah

hina n smoker this pair seems very unique

jeffhmwong
January 23, 2007, 06:49 AM
Hey overlord.....Sanji vivi might not be possible....cos vivi might most probly link up with Coza..

OP_overlord
January 23, 2007, 09:56 PM
na coza is wack and not in the main light with the rest of the crew vivi and sanji will allways have that time on teh boat and his nick name is mr prince can you beat that

sushi
January 24, 2007, 02:34 AM
hehehehehh

cosa is vivi's bodyguard so he wont marry her

but my statement does not mean that I like the other way around

Kalkoen
January 24, 2007, 09:56 AM
Zoro + Tagishi would just be to lame, most people think this is going to happen (if there was romance in one piece) but it would just remind him of the dead of Kuina. :noworry
And just because Kuina made a promise with Zoro doesn’t mean it has anything to do with Tagishi.
Zoro + Robin is much more likely in my eyes.

Imagine the look on Sanji’s face if that would happen :smile-big

Maybe I say this cause Zoro is my number 1 fafo char and Robin my number 3 but o well this is my opinion. (BTW if my nr 1+2 fafo chars would match up it would just be wrong (Zoro and chopper) :p

sushi
January 26, 2007, 05:33 AM
sanji's pair is the new mermaid.....

Anti-panda
January 27, 2007, 01:39 AM
Sanji has always said he prefers Nami over other girls, Remember the Davy Back fight .... and he's said it several other times....

Interesting side note ... Sanji and I share a Birthday but I prefer Robin. :luv

OP_overlord
January 27, 2007, 11:39 PM
sanji and robin wouldnt be that bad they are both mature and intellegant and robin likes being waited on and sanji has no problem with it

jeffhmwong
January 28, 2007, 03:27 AM
Yea...sanji n robin wont be possible..maybe sanji nami

Azurel
January 28, 2007, 03:56 AM
Robin just seemed amused by Sanji's behaviour.. :amuse

Anti-panda
January 28, 2007, 12:42 PM
Robin just seemed amused by Sanji's behaviour.. :amuse

Robin seems amused by EVERYONE's behavior. Thats why she's awesome.
Plus if you think about it ... I don't think Sanji could settle for any one woman. And also Nami doesn't really pair up as well with sanji as he does with her. Because Nami just takes advantage of sanji at every opportunity, If nami is going to pair up with anybody one the crew it'll be Luffy. Thier personalities compliment each other, plus they have a really good relationship where they support each other. Nami was the first to offer to help luffy climb giant jack in skypeia. She wouldn't put her self in that kind of danger for just anybody.

OP_overlord
January 28, 2007, 10:29 PM
yeah and she holds the hat which is important to luffy i like that pairing

i see sanji and robin, when she starts to become art of the crew which just happen when they got her back (she will start calling them by name not job title) she will start to like either sanji or zoro i like them together too

xr3b0rn5inx
January 30, 2007, 11:25 AM
I would like to see Sanji and Nami getting together as well as Zoro and Usopp and Kaya =D.

OP_overlord
January 30, 2007, 09:18 PM
all three of them that is wrong ussop and kayahad a thing before he went out with the crew so when he gets back they will get married ofr somethingand he is the reason that she is working hard to become a doctor to take care of ussop when he gets back

Eyefarted2
February 27, 2007, 09:18 PM
I think that Luffy and Nami will end up together because they look so right together.

There has been several hints by the author:

1) When Luffy carried nami up the mountain during the chopper arc.
2) When Luffy wore Nami's jacket during the chopper arc.
3) Nami is always the one who holds luffy's hat.
4) Offered to sew the notw Ace gave luffy onto his hat.
5) etc...

OP_overlord
February 27, 2007, 11:50 PM
and luffy got pissed when arlong made her cry he was like what ever when zoro gets cut

Anti-panda
February 28, 2007, 12:45 AM
I think that Luffy and Nami will end up together because they look so right together.

There has been several hints by the author:

1) When Luffy carried nami up the mountain during the chopper arc.
2) When Luffy wore Nami's jacket during the chopper arc.
3) Nami is always the one who holds luffy's hat.
4) Offered to sew the notw Ace gave luffy onto his hat.
5) etc...

Ussop wore it during the Davy back fight against foxy.
But that pairing really sucks so i'll run with the whole luffy nami thing... It works.
Robin will have to pair up with zoro. Look how they react towards eachother when robin joins up. He's pretty much the only one she doesn't try and manipulate. Plus he got really pissed when enel attacked her. That was out of character for zoro. Unless there is a reason he was mad. He didn't get visibly mad when arlong was mean or hurt nami, Luffy did. But not zoro. I'm just saying ...
Sanji ... he can have alvida. He definitly deserves the boobie prize.

Eyefarted2
February 28, 2007, 07:44 PM
Zoro and Tagishi
Luffy and nami
Usop and Kaya

FOREVER!!

Anti-panda
February 28, 2007, 08:32 PM
Zoro and Tagishi
Luffy and nami
Usop and Kaya

FOREVER!!

I'll agree with all of those except zoro tashigi.
The only basis anyone has for that pairing is tashigi looks like kuina. Boring.
I like zoro and Robin. Or Robin chopper JK :D

With Zoro and Robin there'd be almost no way to tell who was the one in control of that relationship. Plus Zoro's always asleep, Robin never sleeps. They complete each other.

Schwindelmagier
March 01, 2007, 03:54 PM
I would definetely love to see Luffy together with Nami. they just fit together and the points Eyefarted2 mentioned above, it just has to be!! I also always thinks when the nakama of Luffy got hurt, when it concernes Nami, he's in the most angry mode. Although I don't think that this will ever turn out in OP, I at least can dream of it and hope for. <3 <3 <3....But I also would cheer for the couple: Zoro x Nami

OP_overlord
March 01, 2007, 10:17 PM
luffy and nami that is obviuos by the argumants above

ussop and kaya where together in the beging so that is again obvious

and zoro and robin he didnt love kuina he just looked up to her strenght and zoro and robin have conections just like luffy and nami do when they where in fariy verth robin and zoro where always together and as anti panda said he got pissed when enel attacked her so they are good together opposites attrack and zoro is the smartest of the boys (although he doent know right from left) chopper can be their pet lol

triniman121
March 01, 2007, 10:57 PM
luffy and nami share the closest relationship so i would get this might be only "romance" we will get out of the straw hats

OP_overlord
March 01, 2007, 11:36 PM
you are overlooking the hints at zoro and robin and ussop and kaya the nami and luffy love intrest is just the most noticed not the only one in the manga

Forcestar
March 07, 2007, 06:14 PM
:tem
Just to start something interesting here. OP might not be a romance manga, but who knows what ODA might stir up later in the series.

Anyway, So many combinations, if your choice not there, pls give some interesting suggestion.

Some crap suggestions I herd fr other forum was Chopper and Sogeking (haha..Gay) , Zoro and his sword....hahahaahah :)

Interesting enough i was thinking about this excat same thing "Love triangle's of One Piece".
I'm just going to start of and just kick Sanji out of the competion he hits on like every pretty girl he mets up with lol.

Zoro and Tagishi:- Hmm? Possible if since Oda put her in the anime for some purpose for Zoro, she might have a Love impact on Zoro later on in the anime, but then again this anime isnt really about Romance is it ^.-

Zoro and Robin:- This makes me laugh, Robin and Zoro i cant really see them together an i think someone wrote that he got angry when that bastard enil zapped robin well of course he cares about her and doesnt want her to get hurt. But there is that case in ep.130 when robin was looking at him he turned his head away kind of blushing >;o Maybe he was thinking bad thoughts.

Luffy and Robin:- Lmfao highly impossible unless oda wants to suprise us with some kind of love twist. Robin is smart, and is like 100% always serious, Luffy >...> need I say more dont get me wrong i love Luffy to death he's herioc, honest, funny, but seriously can anyone picture robin and luffy together? @>@

Luffy and nami:- This is one relationship i can see happening ( the other one being Zoro and Tagishi. I mean sure everyone else in Luffy's crew were saved by him but in Nami's Case she's the only one he trusts his hat to and asks only her to fix his hat when ever it gets damaged. Another point is that Nami's happiness was trusted to luffy might be something there.

Vivi and Cosa:- >.> Who cares about that bum Cosa

Usop and Kaya:- lol Its ovious these two are going to get together, she becomes a docter so that she can heal usop internal and external injurious if u know wut i mean ^.-

Tagishi and Smoker:- >;o hmm? Never really thought about this, its possible though.

Hina and Smoker:- >;o maybe they already have something going on ^.-, if not its still possible they will.

Vivi and Luffy:- Don't think this will ever happen she's a princess he's a 300mil wanted man soon to be pirate king lol.

Anyway tthis is my little tthoughts on some love twists in one piece. I did want to point out one other thing if u notice lol Luffy is 18 (19 now i think) and was 0 sexual urges same with Zorro lol they only think about being the best so ....

[br]Posted on: March 07, 2007, 06:00:14 PM_________________________________________________

yeah that would be great

change my choice now bout robin....she's with luffy while nami still with zoro

How in the world can Nami be with zoro? >.> And Robin saved Luffy cause she obviously saw that he was the only one that stood any chance of beating that sand bastard. Luffy and Robin together? @.@. I'm sorry not downgradeing anyone but seriously if u think about it can u even begin to see fun adventureing Luffy and book reading Robin together(doesnt help that either that Robin has a good 10 years on Luffy D;)? lol. Another think i like wut one guy said about Zoro and Robin how like oppsites attract. 75% of the time Zoro is serious i think him and Robin would be a good match up.

dfcarolinaguy
March 22, 2007, 08:33 PM
umm i like the nami and luffy relationship.

sushi
March 27, 2007, 10:49 AM
okay forecaster...hehehhe since you took the time reading my old post thanks anyways....if you come to think of it robin is more like a sister to everybody except zoro...erm~~~guess robin with zoro than

hahhaha but if luffy with nami it's going to be a hellish type of fun since nami will take away all luffy's money that he got....sorry for the late reply

hahahahha gomen-gomen

ginousuke
March 28, 2007, 02:20 AM
But that would be a very quiet relationship, since Robin will be busy with his books and Zoro will be sleeping and practicing all the time XD

Luffy will be intimidate by Nami, since Nami is way stronger than he is ^^

OP_overlord
March 28, 2007, 10:34 PM
but that is why the relationships would work they wouldnt be all up in each others face all the time and they could do there own stuff and then have fun together (the way it should be)

and that would mean that luffy was in an abusive releationship

piace
March 29, 2007, 05:58 AM
(hi ahem I'm new to this thread and I'll gat started now...)

yes! the number one pairing for me is Luffy-Nami...like others said before, Nami almost always holds Luffy's precious hat, among a lot of other stuff already mentioned. It's really the strongest never-actually-shown pairing.

And honestly I don't think we should consider marriage and tying the knot and how the characters'll look or be compatible when that happens. I mean, it's One Piece. As Oda said (SBS), "They're in love with adventure!" and therefore romance will probably show if at all at the very end. I don't think he's gonna give it an "and they settled down and lived happily ever after" ending.

Other than that, i'm fine with Zoro-Robin or Zoro-Tashigi, Usopp-Kaya, and...if ever there's a new Mugiwara babe, which I bet there will be, then I'm all for a love quadrangle between her, Zoro, Robin and Sanji. Sanji for now just seems so...impermanent.

Hesse
March 29, 2007, 11:34 PM
I really don&#180;t think that romance will ever get a place (its a german turn of speech, so i don&#180;t know if it is right in english) in One Piece. But of course it is fun to speculate. Usopp and Kaya is probably a match in my eyes. Also Hina and Smoker. I can&#180;t imagine a clear relationsship within the strawhat group. The only thing regarding the development of an special relationsship is in my opinion between Robin and Chopper. But of course not as an pair but as mother and child. I think it is pretty obvious and also sweet. Chopper was so frightened at Robin at the beginning and now look on his face everytime when Robin does something no matter what: He beams with joy. In my opinion it is the only new relationsship that is intended by Oda directly and not only by our imagination.

natsu0427
April 03, 2007, 05:40 AM
tashigi and zoro
@natsu0427
Please Please at least try to explain in one sentence why do you like the Pairing. I don´t think someone can imagine your opinion just because of "tashigi and zoro"
I don´t write that to intentionally diss you but 3 word posts aren´t popular and they don´t make sense for you and for the other forum members. You simply cannot start an proper discussion on that. sorry but i had just stayed uo all night finishing a research paper so i lacked the ability to form sentences but mainly my reasoning for ashigi and zoro is gonna be the same as anyone else who thinks that an i didnt feel like i needed to repeat the same thing over again

Hesse
April 03, 2007, 08:23 AM
@natsu0427
Please Please at least try to explain in one sentence why do you like the Pairing. I don&#180;t think someone can imagine your opinion just because of "tashigi and zoro"
I don&#180;t write that to intentionally diss you but 3 word posts aren&#180;t popular and they don&#180;t make sense for you and for the other forum members. You simply cannot start an proper discussion on that.

FrAnKy - The Cyborg
April 05, 2007, 09:57 AM
Don'T Take Me For Crazy But I Think That The Best Relationships Could Be :

Luffy & Nami
Usopp & Kaya
Franky & Robin
Zoro & Tashigi

Chopper Will Find A Female Reindeer And Sanji Will Be Alone For The Rest Of His Life Because Of He Is OP Casanova! XD

gensou
April 05, 2007, 06:06 PM
lol, what with franky and robin, i mean franky a robot, and robin, she touch his thingy, but still, nothing happen, *cough* *cough*

OP_overlord
April 10, 2007, 08:53 PM
that was the closet thing to any intmacy robin touching franky's.......... (yeah) she did it with out being asking to and he was mad at first but then got used to it if you knowwhat i mean

natsu0427
April 11, 2007, 07:10 PM
that was the closet thing to any intmacy robin touching franky's.......... (yeah) she did it with out being asking to and he was mad at first but then got used to it if you knowwhat i mean

no i dont think i know what you mean,

not at all

OP_overlord
April 11, 2007, 11:05 PM
the you know what i mean is from whos line is it anyway a which is a good show

and robin touched frankys "thingy" (put so blnty by gensou) by her own will and franky was ok with it until she squeezed

Anti-panda
April 12, 2007, 10:47 PM
the you know what i mean is from whos line is it anyway a which is a good show

and robin touched frankys "thingy" (put so blnty by gensou) by her own will and franky was ok with it until she squeezed
The real question about that is .. were they really tears of pain or joy???

Please guys, go back to the original topic.

OP_overlord
April 13, 2007, 11:27 PM
that is most definately the real question and what i was hinting at (glad you got it)

jeffhmwong
April 16, 2007, 03:59 AM
Have u guys read the latest episode..? 452? All OP team went missing....just left franky n robin to fight the ugly spider...

expect franky to save robin and something romantic to pop up...

OP_overlord
April 16, 2007, 12:41 PM
i could see that but franky might be bloked by robins love for the lost zoro, or someone but i think we will learn some stuff about the omance in the uncoming chapters

sushi
April 18, 2007, 06:21 AM
hehehehhe
the sarcastic with the crazy one....how nice

Anti-panda
April 18, 2007, 02:49 PM
just because they're together doesn't mean they'll pair off and start going at it like bunnies. Robin ~chwan has standards.
Plus they spent like 50% of the last arc tied up together in enis lobby.
Check out the spoilers ... I can't talk about it here. But .... I'm already ~swooning.. I do believe I unconciously uttered the word ~Melorine When I saw a certain picture.

I love Robin ~chwan!!!

Yondy
April 28, 2007, 10:37 AM
I don't think any romance will ever occur in One Piece... it would ruin everything a bit. But i like Nami and Luffy together. And Robin and Zoro too!

They're my favourites, but it's not going to happen hehehe

Robotic Red
November 15, 2008, 11:21 AM
DISCUSS!

XD

No, but seriously...is this the first time in the entire manga that any female has shown a romantic interest in Luffy?

EDIT: I suddenly remember Alvida...but that was mostly for humor. This one has...potential, I suppose is the word?

bittman
November 17, 2008, 06:04 AM
D=

D=

D=

Isn't this for humour too? Oh wait, it's for plot. I hardly want to discuss it, because it won't happen and it will be completely one sided love, but this is what you call a crush. I refuse to discuss it any further than it won't happen, because then I'm just one step away from those crazy people who make fanclubs dedicated to pairings which haven't happened. Might as well start an "Admiral Smoker" fanclub, since that's the prediction I'm looking forward to most.

RobinotX
November 17, 2008, 06:36 AM
You'll never know what Oda is going to plan. So there is a possibility that Luffy is going to love Hancock.

But I'll wait and see :)

Jammin
November 17, 2008, 04:34 PM
Well she's always called herself the pirate empress it's somewhat fitting that she should fall for the pirate king.:amuse

As for Luffy, i just expect more moments like when he walked into Boa's chamber. "Aw.. no food, huh....Hey! What're you doing all naked and stuff."

One thing is for sure Sanji is going to experience jealousy on a whole new level.:XD

kkck
November 17, 2008, 05:53 PM
I think there is going to be a massive misunderstanding and there is going to be a one sided platonic love between luffy and boa.
As much as they are the perfect fit (pirate empress and piratre king), luffy wants to be the freeest man alive which means hell will freeze ten times over before he is comited to any type of romantic relationship.

Robotic Red
November 17, 2008, 06:05 PM
I think there is going to be a massive misunderstanding and there is going to be a one sided platonic love between luffy and boa.
As much as they are the perfect fit (pirate empress and piratre king), luffy wants to be the freeest man alive which means hell will freeze ten times over before he is comited to any type of romantic relationship.

Of course it's going to be one-sided. It's Luffy we're talking about.

Not sure where in the initial post gave you the idea I thought Luffy might eventually reciprocate Boa Hancock's feelings. >_>

Onomatopoeia
November 17, 2008, 07:46 PM
Well the word Potential, which means room to grow, a romantic relation that has potential means to eventualy to become...uh...yeah.

But anyways I want to start the Pairing wars!

Luffy x Meat all the way! Luffy x Boa Hancock can not stand up to it's crashing weight. Luffy will never leave his meat for Boa. She better get used to that.

Kaiser Will
November 17, 2008, 07:57 PM
The love is in the air in One Piece, which is very rare btw!
But my really wanna see those two together. Why? It's because she is beutiful. hehe!
But seriously those two match perfectelly, Pirate King x Pirate Empress.
But one thing must happen for those two be together, Luffy became a man. Because right now he is neither a man or a woman! But the quiet one is the one that woman should be afraid!

kkck
November 17, 2008, 08:16 PM
I dont think romance actually fits one piece. Wouldnt it be stupidly wierd to see luffy in love? Or imagine zoro running of with tashigi, or nami/robin actually returning sanji's feelings. it is just not right, doesnt fit the mood or characters in the story IMO. Chopper in love would be errrr cute/ridiculous, specially since he doesnt find human girls attractive meaning he would end up with something he stole from a zoo or pet zoo(chopper with a sheep would be hilarious though). Ussop in love? Thats even more ridiculous than chopper with a pet zoo animal....
WB? He is too old and doesnt fit his character in the least bit.
Shanks in love? No way, almost as ridiculous as luffy in love.
Garp in love? Given that luffy exists it is clear that there was some women in his life. Dispite being very similar to luffy, he is one of the few characters I could see with a lover.
Dragon? Probable, but not in the current storyline, maybe a past where luffys mom mysteriously disappeared because of the WG.

Overall I dont think OP was made for romance.

kikrox1
November 17, 2008, 08:36 PM
some people think luffy will gain a crew member from the amazon place ._. but what if he gains the entire amazon pirate crew just because hancock likes him enuf to be on his crew. That would make his bounty jump so freakin high and he would be the second most wanted person in the world(numba one would be his dad) o_o giving luffy shicibukai status and probly the best crew anyone could imagine(aside from sanji hitting on most of the amazons)

kkck
November 20, 2008, 12:23 PM
^Sanji wouldnt hit on most of the amazons though. He doesnt hit on women, he hits on "beautiful women", meaning he would only hit on the few rare beauties in Amazon lili. Remember that the info boxes at the introduction of amazon lili said beauties were rare in amason lili.

toxun
November 21, 2008, 01:08 AM
I think the info box mean the beauty that rare in the other part of the world, it doesn't meant it rare there as you see some of them are pretty cute indeed :)

kkck
November 21, 2008, 10:33 AM
True, some of them are cute, but if you pay attention most of them are buff and deformed. I think that the info box meant the the "conventional" beauty is rare.

Jammin
November 21, 2008, 11:20 AM
I don't speak Japanese, so i can't be sure, but the English phrase "rare beauty" typically means "beauty that is rarely seen anywhere else."

As in "That girl is a rare beauty."

That's what i took that text box to mean. It would also go much better with the surroundings because clearly their were plenty of beauties on the Kuja island. Besides if it was trying to say there weren't many beautiful women there are many better ways to say that in English.

Kaiser Will
November 21, 2008, 02:11 PM
Concept of beuty is very subjective, just look here (http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/5/18/) and here (http://http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/5/19/).
As you can see one should think that Lucy is hot, but others not the concept depends from every person.

But in One Piece the Risky Brothers said that mermaids are more beutiful than Hancock. And Margaret said that Hancock is the most beutiful woman in the world.

But who would imagine that sameone so important like Hancock could fall for Luffy.

GoldenOrbs
November 26, 2008, 10:59 PM
Hey, I'd say if Hancock plays her cards right she has about the same amount of chance with Luffy as Chi-Chi had with Goku in Dragonball.

bittman
November 26, 2008, 11:18 PM
Really GoldenOrbs? They'll have kids by the end of the ten year flashforward? Oh wait, One Piece is long enough already.

Luffy doesn't get women, don't know why things would change miraculously for Hancock. Luffy see's women as men with a different body shape, so I can't see how a "Romance in OP" topic can even see Luffy as romantic.

And I'm kind of over people comparing Dragonball and One Piece. This is somewhat off topic, but though Oda's inspiration is indeed DragonBall, he doesn't, before writing or drawing, think to himself "How would it happen in DragonBall?"

But yeah, on beauty: it is of course very subjective. Look at the davy back "Most beautiful pirate" thread. Lots voted for Hancock, but I didn't because to me she's just sexy and not beautiful.

Imitorar
November 27, 2008, 12:02 AM
I don't even see the comparison between Luffy and Hancock and Goku and Chi Chi. In Dragon Ball, Goku won Chi Chi's hand in marriage sort of by the way, and she became enamored with him and eventually chased him down to force him to fulfill his "promise". Goku basically didn't wanna renege on a promise, so he went with it. Here, Luffy did absolutely NOTHING but impress Hancock with his willingness to defy the World Government, and she's become so lovesick that she's physically ill. The difference is, there's an actual disease this time, and there's nothing for Hancock to hold over Luffy's head to force him to marry her, like Chi Chi had. Not to mention that considering the situation, Luffy can't afford to have a fangirl who is also a rival pirate captain, an empress, and a Shichibukai hanging around his crew fangirl-ing, Hancock wouldn't fit the crew. As of now, I'm keeping "Hancock joins" as the "Dumb Theory of the Month". About two months ago it was "Haki is All-Powerful", last month it was "Haki is All-Powerful/Marguerite Will Join", and we see where both of those have ended up as of now...

kkck
November 27, 2008, 12:34 AM
The chichi-goku comparison isnt used as much about the circumstances but rather because of the characters actitude towards it.
Goku simply went along with his marriage and never truly got an real understanding of what being married meant or being a father; the hypothetical situation in which some people think luffy ends up with boa in somewhat similar. Luffy could end up in a relationship with hancock, yet dont really understand it or even have a clue that he is in a relationship.
While I dont really see hancock joining the crew, I do think that Pirate empress and Pirate king are a good match. And since oda is a DBZ fan, he might as well make it happen...

Penny
November 27, 2008, 01:44 AM
Lol. I would really love to see Hatchan x Caimie. Those two are a natural pair. Rayleigh's female friend who owns that bar saw it immediately. "Are you Hatchan's lover?"

Hatchan responded calmly, but Caimie was like "Me? Hatchan's lover? I can never be!". That was such a cute scene. Caimie loves Hatchan so much, and is so grateful to him for saving her so many times, and for providing a home for her and Papagg, that she doesn't think she "deserves" to be Hatchan's bride.

But yes. I think Oda might grant us that. Or at least, the next time, when the Strawhat finally reunited on the Shabondy Archipelago, they will see Hatchan and Caimie hand in hand. They already make too much physical contact anyways. :D

Oh. And about Zoro's comment when Enel bolts Robin. I found Enel's respond a lot more hilarious.
Zoro: She's a woman!
Enel: I noticed.

:3

kkck
November 27, 2008, 01:45 PM
I know that carmie is in love with hachi but I still find it wierd. Didnt hachi sell carmie as a slave to some fishmen during a side story?

Penny
November 28, 2008, 01:55 AM
... It might have been like that. It's too long ago. Someone helpful might post an onemanga link later. :P

But if I remember correctly, Caimie didn't know about it, and Hatchan quickly regretted his decision later, and rescued her. He realized just how important Caimie was to him.

Or at least, that's what I think. :D

Stop
November 28, 2008, 03:57 PM
I'm really getting tired of all this LuffyxMeat crap... just because he doesn't doesn't show an interest in woman doesn't mean crap that what makes me like his character so much
Luffy obviously knows what makes a girl a girl and what makes a man a man he just thinks with his stomach most of the time.
Luffy is mature in his own way.

Example Man who loves his work so much that when his secretary puts the moves on him he just asks her for the paper work or w/e he has to get done.
Now if someone can show me one panel where Luffy looked at meat in a affectionate manner without it being just for comedy value then it's LuffyxGirl/Guy

sorry for the rant

Edit anyone else feel the same way?

RobinotX
November 28, 2008, 05:28 PM
I don't even see the comparison between Luffy and Hancock and Goku and Chi Chi. In Dragon Ball, Goku won Chi Chi's hand in marriage sort of by the way, and she became enamored with him and eventually chased him down to force him to fulfill his "promise". Goku basically didn't wanna renege on a promise, so he went with it. Here, Luffy did absolutely NOTHING but impress Hancock with his willingness to defy the World Government, and she's become so lovesick that she's physically ill. The difference is, there's an actual disease this time, and there's nothing for Hancock to hold over Luffy's head to force him to marry her, like Chi Chi had. Not to mention that considering the situation, Luffy can't afford to have a fangirl who is also a rival pirate captain, an empress, and a Shichibukai hanging around his crew fangirl-ing, Hancock wouldn't fit the crew. As of now, I'm keeping "Hancock joins" as the "Dumb Theory of the Month". About two months ago it was "Haki is All-Powerful", last month it was "Haki is All-Powerful/Marguerite Will Join", and we see where both of those have ended up as of now...

No, Hancock fits with the SH... imo.. and I'll keep saying it untill Oda say she isn't going to join. You have theories and you have the stick with it. You can't agree with the opinion of someone else. Ok, but it doesn't mean because you don't like the idea it is dumb.

There were more theory's some came true some weren't..

But we shall see. If she joins, she joins. If she isn't she isnt.

Reason she could join is for example, her bitchy attitude against little animals. *She doesn't going to like chopper =(*

Oh well, we jus shall see.

EDIT:

Luffy knows what women are, when he saw Nami naked in Arabasta, he also got a bloodnose... if he really didn't get what women are, then he didn't had one v_v

bittman
November 30, 2008, 07:22 PM
Haha, Luffy doesn't know anything about women. Sure, he knows there are women, and why they are different to men. But if Luffy really knew anything about women, he would have picked up on Hancock's personality shift instantly.

Point is, Luffy knows "of" women. Not "about" women.

Oh, and who wouldn't get a bloody nose at naked Nami? Even a child probably would.

RobinotX
December 02, 2008, 05:27 AM
But does that mean she isn't going to join?
If Luffy likes someone he likes her. Not like Hancock wants, but he would maybe like her enough to let her join the crew.

Oh well there are many things that I can think of, why she can join. Oda is giving us little tips. I think

chihoho
December 02, 2008, 06:41 AM
love status or crush on somebody:

Luffy and hancock
Zorro and Tashigi
Tashigi and smoker
hina and smoker
nami and money
brooke and panties
ussop and kaya

toxun
December 02, 2008, 06:50 AM
I've already said, how Luffy doesn't grow his interest toward womanship because mostly of Nami influence. As you know Nami a bit exobist, like to charge anyone who see her. In alabasta Luffy did initiate a peek at woman tub, he also got nose bleed with Nami "Happy Punch" :p. But recent development show that Luffy doesn't put interest in woman body anymore, like shown in passage to Enies Lobby and Kuja. Nami put crews into these situation (but Usopp, Franky, & especially Sanji and Brook still considered normal [the last 2 are total pervert :D]) But it save Luffy in Kuja anyway :tem. About Hancock hatred toward pet, did someone say any theory before? My theory is because what Tenryuubito pet did to her when she was enslaved (just look what happened to pirate on SA, imagine that happened to her). About Chopper, I guess he won't be kicked if he in human form. Hancock done that because she abhor weakness. A man should act strong, and that should chopper do :):amuse

kkck
December 02, 2008, 08:54 AM
Somehow I just dont see love happening in OP. The manga just isnt cut out for that. As much as boa is in love with luffy, luffy is way to dumb to actually ever do something about it or even something as simple as understanding it. You could sit luffy down, and slowly explain boa's feelings towards him and he still probably wouldnt get it. Zoro in love is as much as unlikely as luffy in love. Sanji is always in love (I know it is not love, but I dont know what else to call it...) but the odds of him getting some are very slim. Ussop, I wont even bother elaborating on him. Chopper isnt attracted to human women and the odds of him finding a creature such as himself are low. Franky is a middle aged liberal cyborg, no love for him IMO. Nami is young and way to interested in her carrier and money to bother with actual love IMO. Brook is an OLD perverted bag of bones, I dont see him getting some either.

Tenryuken
December 03, 2008, 09:27 AM
Luffy is secretly in love with Nami and she'll be his queen.

Gecko Moria
December 06, 2008, 05:32 AM
love status or crush on somebody:

Luffy and hancock
Zorro and Tashigi
Tashigi and smoker
hina and smoker
nami and money
brooke and panties
ussop and kaya

Thats pretty accurate:)
I think Luffy may end up with nami or robin tho
Crazy idea: Robin and Aokiji

Tenryuken
December 06, 2008, 05:49 AM
Thats pretty accurate:)
I think Luffy may end up with nami or robin tho
Crazy idea: Robin and Aokiji

Robin and Aokiji isn't a crazy idea, it makes sense.
She seems to have a "thing" for him.
But I seriously doubt that Luffy will end up with Robin.

bittman
December 08, 2008, 06:59 PM
CRAZY IDEA! ALL WOMEN ARE AFTER LUFFY!

Oh wait, the protagonist is only swarmed by girls in crazy shonen mangas, not real life...wait...

Tenryuken
December 09, 2008, 02:12 AM
...it is a shonen manga and this damn Luffy also got the love of the prettiest woman in whole OP.
LADY ALVIDA!!!

cheaptrick
December 12, 2008, 03:45 PM
CRAZY IDEA! ALL WOMEN ARE AFTER LUFFY!
Oh wait, the protagonist is only swarmed by girls in crazy shonen mangas, not real life...wait...
eh i agree with you:p
here are my (future) possible pairings :
hancock-->luffy (well, it can't be any more obvious eheh)
alvida-->luffy (it's more like a master-slave relationship but love can be expressed in several forms lol)
robin-->luffy (she said twice she's interested in luffy, plus she used to call only luffy by his name in the past)
nami-->luffy (no particular reasons but she owes him a lot)
vivi-->luffy (same as above)
aisa-->luffy (she admires luffy)
usop<-->Kaya (it's the only obvious pair imo)
tashigi<-->zoro (although they are enemies they are uneasy with one another)
hina<-->smoker (they are old friends all right, but damn don't they really suit each other?)
smoker-->tashigi (he cares for her as a father would care for his daughter)
sanji-->nami (no need to explain, i guess)
sanji-->robin (same as above)
sanji-->vivi (same as above)
caimie-->hacchi (she may already be ready for the marriage )

Gecko Moria
December 17, 2008, 04:29 AM
It would be good if Luffy ended up with Hancock :p I want to see it happen anyways XD.
But most likely Luffy will end up with someone on his crew i.e. Nami or Robin

toxun
December 17, 2008, 08:10 AM
It would be good if Luffy ended up with Hancock :p I want to see it happen anyways XD.
But most likely Luffy will end up with someone on his crew i.e. Nami or Robin

So there's also a possibility that if only Hancock join, there's Luffy will end up with all of them :D. But I think if only a girl make direct approach (confess her feeling/make some sort of move, what I mean is tried being lovey dovey or something) I don't thing the other girl won't stand idle. There's could escalate to a fight :s. Scary!