PDA

View Full Version : Chapter One Piece 553 Discussion/554 Predictions Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Dofla
July 30, 2009, 01:36 AM
If you haven't seen the goodies yet, you can check them out in the Spoiler Pics & Summaries (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51786) thread. This is where you can discuss all about them. But remember no spamming.

But remember: NO SPOILERS OUTSIDE THE SPOILER THREADS. This rule will be strictly enforced. Please respect those that don't want to be spoiled. Thanks.

The chapter is out, get it here (http://mangahelpers.com/m/one-piece/chapters/553).

Zehahaha
August 04, 2009, 06:06 AM
Spoilers are here... But damn I don't understand anything :/

Edit : Marco and the others are truly monsters... THIS IS EPIC !

l!nk
August 04, 2009, 06:09 AM
it sounds like this will be an epic chapter...
wtf blue flames

Darek Khort
August 04, 2009, 06:09 AM
Wow I find the spoilers to be crazy.
Whitebeard is epic. Shattering Aokiji. Of course he isn't dead, but that still rocks.

A diamond man? If Mihawk can cut him....that's crazy. But if he can't, I reckon Zoro will eventually come and cut him up some time down the line.

And blue flames? What would that mean? And it can stop/block Kizaru's light beams? Anyone with knowledge of chemistry/physics know what Marco's fruit is? And how it could block Kizaru?

For Marco is doesn't make sense to my limited knowledge. In order for him to have a blue flame he would have to be something like natural gas or propane or something. But at the same time he would need to be able to light himself up to produce the flame itself. (unless Kizaru's light beams were somehow able to react with the gas to create the flame?)

Sachsenhesse
August 04, 2009, 06:10 AM
blue flames, diamond body, mihawk, whitebeard, aokiji and kizaru in action... seriously...what the fuck xD

Akainu
August 04, 2009, 06:24 AM
*ahem* how would someone know flames are blue looking at a greyscale picture? answer: not at all :o that is except some stupid character makes a remark "oh, his flames are blue":facepalm
That aside: the fighting has started and it's pretty deflating. Now that the bombs are out already it's all about about DF abilities again :|
But well, the fight surely will be well done *waiting for the outcomeLuffys arrival*

sarutobi_sensei
August 04, 2009, 06:31 AM
OMG THIS IS SPARTA!!!!

not.

srsl though, THIS IS WAR!!!!

I loved the spoiler x)

Akainu - on the blue flames: xD

Me2Ecchi
August 04, 2009, 06:32 AM
Wow I find the spoilers to be crazy.
Whitebeard is epic. Shattering Aokiji. Of course he isn't dead, but that still rocks.

A diamond man? If Mihawk can cut him....that's crazy. But if he can't, I reckon Zoro will eventually come and cut him up some time down the line.

And blue flames? What would that mean? And it can stop/block Kizaru's light beams? Anyone with knowledge of chemistry/physics know what Marco's fruit is? And how it could block Kizaru?

For Marco is doesn't make sense to my limited knowledge. In order for him to have a blue flame he would have to be something like natural gas or propane or something. But at the same time he would need to be able to light himself up to produce the flame itself. (unless Kizaru's light beams were somehow able to react with the gas to create the flame?)

Diference of blue flames and red flames:
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_difference_between_red_and_blue_flame

BTW someone had say that will be nice to see a diamond df for zoro to cut... we got it early :D. Know all that is left to know is what kind of power aikanu have... to bad we will not know yet :(

Black Hawk
August 04, 2009, 06:37 AM
I didn´t know what to say. This Chapter are Crazy or its fake.
Marco has blue flames, another Fire Logia. Im not so sure about it. I always was thinking. There are only one typ of Logia for Fire Water ........

The second i tought. When Akoiji use his Ability Ice Age and the most Division Commanders stay on the Ice. Why Kizaru dont smelt the Ice again. Okay for the Story only.
@Akainu Yeah, u right, on black an grey picture. but the other spoiler got also some, bubbles translatet. How can stop Marco the light attack with blue flames.
That must be the biggest joke overall.

sindergi
August 04, 2009, 06:40 AM
Wow Aokiji stopped the waves........

and it seems like the commanders are really strong - this will be a great fight :D
And hopefully this is not a fake one....the last two times part of the spoilers we´re fake.....

Darek Khort
August 04, 2009, 06:42 AM
Diference of blue flames and red flames:
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_difference_between_red_and_blue_flame

BTW someone had say that will be nice to see a diamond df for zoro to cut... we got it early :D. Know all that is left to know is what kind of power aikanu have... to bad we will not know yet :(

Thanks for the link!
Am I reading correctly when I presume this means that Marco's blue flame emits more light than Kizaru's light beams and this somehow counteracts Kizaru's light?

I know, doesn't make sense at all but I still don't see how Kizaru's light can be stopped. Either the light emitted from Marco's blue flame is reflecting/countering Kizaru's light or Marco is able to absorb said light. I say this because if Kizaru's light just goes past Marco (given the presumption that Marco is a logia) then it would be useless in protecting Whitebeard. So he has to have either reflected or absorbed the light.

SilversDKRayleigh
August 04, 2009, 06:47 AM
Just asking but what if mihawk looses does that mean that zoro will have to take marco but that does make sense cause they will have to take on whitebeard's crew sooner or later.

NoLimit89
August 04, 2009, 06:51 AM
hope Marco is made of propane gas or something and is a perfect counter to Kizaru as light lights up the gas.

anyways ... which reminds me ... CAN YOU IMAGINE MARCO AND ACE WITH A COMBO ATTACK!? if the gas theory is correct.

SenninSage
August 04, 2009, 06:51 AM
We don't know the nature of Marco's powers. So we can't say what he did or why was able to stop Kizaru's attack. One thing's certain, this war is well under way and WhiteBeard's Commanders are a powerful bunch.

To withstand Mihawk's sword attack is no easy feat. I'm also amazed that Mihawk got involved this early. I'm very pleased to see Aokiji, as an admiral, live up to the reputation. He didn't just free a single Tsunami, he froze them both as well as the entire sea stopping all ships dead in their tracks. That's pretty damn amazing.

Also, judging from Mihawk's statement about wanting to know how far he is from WhiteBeard, I think that's as good an indication as any that WhiteBeard truly is as powerful as he was hinted to be. He could probably take Mihawk on pretty easily.

sindergi
August 04, 2009, 06:52 AM
Just asking but what if mihawk looses does that mean that zoro will have to take marco but that does make sense cause they will have to take on whitebeard's crew sooner or later.

If Mihawk will loose it didnt mean that he´s dead (this is oda).....and Zorro just want to beat the strongest swordman and just because Mihawk loose (maybe) against Macro doesnt mean that he is no longer the strongest swordman, it just mean that Macro is stronger :D

Does every of the 14th commanders have df-abilitie ? this would be insane :D

Ustegius
August 04, 2009, 06:52 AM
So awesome, hardcore action coming up!

Hmm, wonder if Marco's ability is devil fruit at all, or it migth a fire controlling paramecia, making a lighter his ultimate weapon :D

Only thing that is little dissapointment is the fact that Mihawk is still the only one strong without a DF (and even that isn't completly certain)

Host Samurai
August 04, 2009, 06:53 AM

Even if Mihawk is defeated by Jozu, that won't affect Zoro's goal at all. Unless Jozu turns out to be a swordsman.:p

SenninSage
August 04, 2009, 06:56 AM
So awesome, hardcore action coming up!

Hmm, wonder if Marco's ability is devil fruit at all, or it migth a fire controlling paramecia, making a lighter his ultimate weapon :D

Only thing that is little dissapointment is the fact that Mihawk is still the only one strong without a DF (and even that isn't completly certain)

I like this idea, that a lighter would basically end up being his ultimate weapon.

bittman
August 04, 2009, 07:08 AM
I like the Marco as gas idea, makes an Ace combo pretty awesome also. Gas also has some minor affects on light as well.

Pity Aokoji got smashed, but surprised he was able to take down both tidal waves alone. He'll be back before long though I assume.

Mihawk will definitely cut through diamond. Mr 1 alluded to Zoro being able to cut through diamond in the future, if the greatest swordsman in the world cannot already cut diamond then Zoro seems way too close. From what I see, this would be an excellent chance for Oda to show the level of difference that still exists between Mihawk and Zoro.

Akainu and Sengoku haven't made any moves, as well as the remainders of the Shichibukais, though perhaps they have and the spoiler just hasn't covered it since they weren't as dramatic.

Anyway, I imagine there are some awesome pictures in all that. Specially looking forward to Aokoji getting smashed with an air punch, even though he is my favourite admiral.

PipePlaza
August 04, 2009, 07:18 AM
This is looking pretty nice, I kinda saw the Aokiji unintentionally creating a path for the pirates coming, but for the war to already fully start with the commanders and Shichibukai clashing! Perhaps we might even see Akainu in action alongside the other two!

Jotaro Kujo
August 04, 2009, 07:26 AM
Well interesting battle chapter!:D
Aokiji (I love ice tecnique!), Kizaru, WB, Marco, Mihawk...!!!
I only hope that Oda soon explain the characteristics of the fruit and show "bounties"!

CHeCKm8
August 04, 2009, 07:30 AM
hope Marco is made of propane gas or something and is a perfect counter to Kizaru as light lights up the gas.

anyways ... which reminds me ... CAN YOU IMAGINE MARCO AND ACE WITH A COMBO ATTACK!? if the gas theory is correct.

I like that two.. But maybe he just eat the same DF as Ace did and Marco just brought that power to another level (like luffy with gear second etc.?)

Can't wait to read that chapter :-)

monkey D luffy
August 04, 2009, 07:31 AM
omg omg omg omg omg omg
it truly is a war, jozu will be zoro's target if mihawk falls here, cuz he already cut metal and diamond is the next, or maybe he can already cut diamond cuz when mr1 asked him if he is going to try and cut diamond zoro said he doesnt need to.
i hope luffy arrives already!

gesgift
August 04, 2009, 07:38 AM
omg omg omg omg omg omg
it truly is a war, jozu will be zoro's target if mihawk falls here, cuz he already cut metal and diamond is the next, or maybe he can already cut diamond cuz when mr1 asked him if he is going to try and cut diamond zoro said he doesnt need to.

I was just thinking the same thing. Which doesn't mean I see Mihawk 'losing', maybe a tie, but...

And it's great to see WB has such a powerfull crew. His captains truelly seem fit to all fight VA, not? I'm very curious about pics!

Darek Khort
August 04, 2009, 07:45 AM
omg omg omg omg omg omg

If Mihawk can cut diamond he must be extremely powerful and perhaps has a good amount of haki too. The reason being...if I am correct, Diamond's cutting ability is greater than that of steel, yea? It must be extremely good at cutting I would assume.
If that is the case; Jozu can both defend extremely well AND attack extremely well.
If Mihawk can cut Jozu AND defend himself against Jozu's own attacks then either Mihawk's sword is crazy strong (made of adamentite or something like that) or he has something like haki to protect his sword from Jozu's diamond cuts (if that even makes sense...).

Bugzee
August 04, 2009, 07:54 AM
WOW! this looks promising! Marco = blue flames!!?? Wonda what his DF is actually called. I love that Diamond DF loool so cool! I wouldnt mind seeing Zoro face Mihawk or Jozu for the title! From what i got with the spoilers seems to me that Garp has got his own intentions, i know his going to do something totally unexpected! (He might die, risk his own life which im hoping he wont!)

Mr. Crocodile
August 04, 2009, 08:02 AM
The red and blue flames of ace/marco remind of those 2 characters from heroes

Black Hawk
August 04, 2009, 08:10 AM
To cut a diamond u didnt must be good, u must be have an awesome hot Hit.
Diamond to cut need a high class laser. And i never tought that a swordman, will stroke with Beams.
But possible they all become laserswords in the NW. ;) XDDDDD

happy GIN smily
August 04, 2009, 08:12 AM
since Devil Fruits are unique, Marco can not have the same abillity as Ace.
but he might have a Paramecia-Fire-Fruit instead of a Logia.

and man, i just remember that i predicted a Diamond-Fruit some month back. lucky shot here.
but seeing his body and skull it is just to obvious:p

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
edit:
diamonds are not as tough as the media made them in our imagination.
they are just very hard. and that makes them easy to destroy. the are not flexible. and because of that, they can not resist stresses and impacts.
you can smash a diamond into thousands of pieces with a simple hammer.

i wonder how Oda will deal with his diamond. i think diamonds are a good way to fight Kizaru

Tomgoood01
August 04, 2009, 08:25 AM
Thing is MIhawk slash could be a air born slash so if it was a contact slash then maybe he could cut the diomonds. Hard to say without the pics....

sh4dx
August 04, 2009, 08:31 AM
it'll be to bad for me if mihawk can't cut diamond since he is the best swordsman in the world...

Organizized
August 04, 2009, 08:33 AM
Wow~~~! Finally Joz and Marco in action! :D

Out of the guesses so far for Marco I like the Gas Gas Fruit the most. Seriously, just imagine this (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/159/18-19/) or the last inferno attack against Blackbeard with Marco powering it up like a thousand times. :o

Thing is MIhawk slash could be a air born slash so if it was a contact slash then maybe he could cut the diomonds. Hard to say without the pics....

Yeah, it is an airborn slash, since Mihawk speaks to Doflamingo before (so they're probably in the same position as before) and also since it says "the slash travels toward Whitebeard". It is possible he can cut diamond with a direct hit but you never know. :amuse

i wonder how Oda will deal with his diamond. i think diamonds are a good way to fight Kizaru

It might, or it might be disaster. Like someone stated before, lasers are what usually is used to cut through diamond. Now, I don't know if Kizaru's beams can count as lasers but if they are that strong then he is much better off against Joz than we think.

chess4
August 04, 2009, 08:42 AM
wow, so marco and jozu are fruit users, also doesnt seem like garp will mix it up. maybe he will free ace to prevent a lot of marines dying

Tomgoood01
August 04, 2009, 08:45 AM
An intense-enough laser can not only break any chemical bond, but can even go so far as to strip the electrons off atoms and create a plasma.

Although, I suppose there is a difference between "cut" and "melt"... A long-pulse laser will merely heat up the diamond and melt it, or perhaps send a strong shock through it and break the thing. But a short-pulse laser (sub-picosecond) will make a nice little hole -- right now the best way to make high-precision, clean holes is by using a short-pulse laser. You could use a short pulse laser to cut a diamond, although I'm not positive it's actually been done.

As for what intensities you need... You can turn things into a plasma around 10^12 Watts per square centimeter. This is tough with a long-pulse laser, but with sub-picosecond pulses you can get these intensities with a laser energy of less than a milliJoule per pulse.

soDeq05
August 04, 2009, 09:02 AM
En español traduccion del scripts

En la colorspread aparecen todos (se entiende que los Mugiwaras) en bañador. Título: Batalla de altas esferas. / Batalla de los más poderosos.
Las dos olas son detenidas por el Ice Age de Aokiji. Aokiji ataca a Barbablanca desde el cielo con una lluvia de lanzas de hielo, pero Barbablanca con simplemente golpear el aire rompe todas las lanzas y también rompe a Aokiji en pedacitos. Como el mar está congelado, los capitanes de las divisiones de Barbablanca bajan al mar y avanzan comentando lo fácil que es atravesar esa zona. (De esto se entiende que todos son usuarios de Akuma no mi).
Los Vice-almirantes, Otsuru y Garp se enfrentan a los capitanes de las divisiones ¿4 y 12? (no confirmado los capitanes que son).
Mihawk ataca a Barbablanca con la estocada más poderosa del mundo, pero el capitán de la tercera división ¿Jozu? le detiene con su cuerpo, es un usuario de Akuma no Mi con la que puede convertir su cuerpo en diamante.
Kizaru vuela hacia el cielo también y usa “Yashagarasu” (no confirmado esto último). Kizaru ataca a Barbablanca con múltiples rayos de luz, pero el capitán de la primera división: Marco, los para todos usando unas llamas azules que salen de su cuerpo (otro usuario de Akuma no mi).
El capítulo acaba con Marco diciéndole a Kizaru que ya debería saber que no tiene nada que hacer contra el “Rey”.

- Los tsunamis son detenidos por Aokiji
- Aokiji congela la bahía,… deteniendo a todos los barcos!
- Los piratas bajan del barco y comentan q asi es mucho mas facil… para luego cargar contra los cuarteles generales!
- Los Vice Almirantes se ponen en posicion para la batalla… (ninguna señal de Garp)
- La guerra comienza
- Mihawk desenvaina su espada!
Doflamingo “¿Vas a hacerlo?”
Mihawk “Sólo quiero probar…. que tanta capacidad tiene ese hombre”.
Mihawk ataca con un poderoso slash dividiendo en dos el mar congelado, el ataque se acerca a Shirohige… pero es interceptado x Jozu,… dejando ver q es un hombre de diamante
Kizaru realiza su ataque contra Shirohige!
Shirohige: “Hey, hey, q dia tan clarito a hecho usted!”
El ataque es detenido por una llama azul… Marco, el Comandante de la 1º division es usuario de la flama!
Kizaru: “Wooo, q miedo”

Rotten The Wizard
August 04, 2009, 09:03 AM
whitebeard is god!whitebeard is god!whitebeard is god!

Air displacements with his fists? Thats INSANE but it doesnt seem like that attack was haki powered. I cant wait to see how he counters logias, He curbstomped ace efforlessly so I dont think Ao Kiji alone will be able to take down the King, Akainu and SenGoku have to jump in

Gimbo TJ
August 04, 2009, 09:05 AM
diamonds are not as tough as the media made them in our imagination.
they are just very hard. and that makes them easy to destroy. the are not flexible. and because of that, they can not resist stresses and impacts.
you can smash a diamond into thousands of pieces with a simple hammer.

Id like seeing u smash a diamant with a hammer cuz im pretty sure its impossible since a diamant is supose to de the hardest material on earth :s

Rotten The Wizard
August 04, 2009, 09:09 AM
An intense-enough laser can not only break any chemical bond, but can even go so far as to strip the electrons off atoms and create a plasma.

Although, I suppose there is a difference between "cut" and "melt"... A long-pulse laser will merely heat up the diamond and melt it, or perhaps send a strong shock through it and break the thing. But a short-pulse laser (sub-picosecond) will make a nice little hole -- right now the best way to make high-precision, clean holes is by using a short-pulse laser. You could use a short pulse laser to cut a diamond, although I'm not positive it's actually been done.

As for what intensities you need... You can turn things into a plasma around 10^12 Watts per square centimeter. This is tough with a long-pulse laser, but with sub-picosecond pulses you can get these intensities with a laser energy of less than a milliJoule per pulse.

could you probably....speak human?

Tomgoood01
August 04, 2009, 09:11 AM
Toughness relates to a material's ability to resist breakage from forceful impact. The toughness of natural diamond has been measured as 2.0 MPa·m1/2,[22] and the critical stress intensity factor is 3.4 MN·m−3/2.[23] Those values are good compared to other gemstones, but poor compared to most engineering materials. As with any material, the macroscopic geometry of a diamond contributes to its resistance to breakage. Diamond has a cleavage plane and is therefore more fragile in some orientations than others. Diamond cutters use this attribute to cleave some stones, prior to faceting

Organizized
August 04, 2009, 09:13 AM
They are the hardest material on earth, but they are still not impossible to smash.

To quote wikipedia:

Toughness relates to a material's ability to resist breakage from forceful impact. The toughness of natural diamond has been measured as 2.0 MPa·m1/2, and the critical stress intensity factor is 3.4 MN·m−3/2. Those values are good compared to other gemstones, but poor compared to most engineering materials. As with any material, the macroscopic geometry of a diamond contributes to its resistance to breakage.

EDIT: Tomgoood01 was faster. :p

Melker
August 04, 2009, 09:19 AM
Well about Marco stopping Kizaru: There's nothing that says it was due to his DF ability, is it?
As we have seen Haki seems to be able to deflect DF users attacks.

DARK
August 04, 2009, 09:20 AM
Well about Marco stopping Kizaru: There's nothing that says it was due to his DF ability, is it?
As we have seen Haki seems to be able to deflect DF users attacks.

I thought the spoiler said that he had blue flames coming out of his body. There was never any instance of Haki where a person was able to do that. Probably a DF power that is left unchecked or offiicially named.

D.King
August 04, 2009, 09:22 AM
Blue Flame from Marco!?

Now he is like Iori Yagami from King of Fighter lol

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj59/cyberkimono/iori6.gif

SenninSage
August 04, 2009, 09:25 AM
it'll be to bad for me if mihawk can't cut diamond since he is the best swordsman in the world...

Keep one very important thing in mind. There are different levels to devil fruit abilities. Simply having a devil fruit ability doesn't mean it'll instantly be capable of standing up holding up against any kind of opponent.

The main reason that Mihawk couldn't cut through that Diamond, is clearly because that df user that blocked WhiteBeard is powerful.

DARK
August 04, 2009, 09:32 AM
So it seems the strongest swordsman in the world couldn't cut through the strongest known material in the world...

RichardMNixon
August 04, 2009, 09:33 AM
Air displacements with his fists? Thats INSANE

Everyone seemed to think that was lame when Jimbei did, glad it's finally getting some respect.

Maybe Marco has some kind of energy absorption fruit? He takes in the energy he's hit with and then hits you back with it, in the form of blue fire in this case.

Are there any notable compounds with blue spectra that would effect light?

Hydrogen is mostly blue and would be cooler than natural gas, but I don't see how it would deflect light.

Just occurred to me the simplest would be that he was able to heat the air to such an extent that he refracted the light away like a mirage. But that doesn't give us much info on his DF, just that it's hot. Assuming it is a DF.

Rotten The Wizard
August 04, 2009, 09:33 AM
the manga is in black and white...How do they figure its a blue flame? -_-

Organizized
August 04, 2009, 09:35 AM
It was said in the spoiler that some marine commented on it.

And I said this before, but one of the marines said "look, he has blue flames coming out of him" about Marco.

DARK
August 04, 2009, 09:36 AM

I was also questioning that as well. Perhaps it was a colored page or someone in the chapter specifically mentions that it was a blue flame.

Tomgoood01
August 04, 2009, 09:37 AM
IF Akainu is the Lava Lava Man then he be the best short range fighter ever!!!. I think that's why hes the one guarding ace like who the hell be able to get through him!!!

DARK
August 04, 2009, 09:38 AM
IF Akainu is the Lava Lava Man then he be the best short range fighter ever!!!. I think that's why hes the one guarding ace like who the hell be able to get through him!!!

That, or the fact that Akainu is the least revealed of the three Admirals so Oda decided to keep his abilities and powers in secret for a while. I'm looking forward to how Whitebeard's navy will be able to handle these Admirals when pirate captains were unable to?

Rotten The Wizard
August 04, 2009, 09:41 AM
I hope its more than just a "blue flame" cause that would be pretty random since ace already as the flame logia. But I know Oda Is God around these parts and there is much more to his abilities than just a boring blue flame

deffkryz
August 04, 2009, 09:41 AM

Probably it's somewhere hidden in a dialogue. I actually love to see them in green... ;)

But I don't like the upcoming discussion about Jozu, Mihawk, diamonds and how to cut/break them. As far as the spoiler tells neither Jozu's power was described nor how Mihawk strongest sword slash works. What if that slash is only the strongest one when if actually hits it target (due use of a Kuja-like haki) and Jozu blocked it as it was still premature?

mr.danly
August 04, 2009, 09:42 AM
Well this seems like a cool chapter... the most disappointing thing for me is that ALL the division captains are DF-users... I thought that everyone in the New World would pretty much use Haki instead of their DF abilities. And as for Mihawk, I thing we all need to remember that it was an AIRBORNE slash. Very different from direct contact. Let's use Zoro as an example. We've seen that Zoro can easily cut through steel with direct contact slashes. He could not, however, cut through steel with one of his airborne slashes. Simple as that. Direct contact is always much, much stronger; airborne slashes are merely for long-range attacks.

Organizized
August 04, 2009, 09:44 AM
How do you know all commanders are users? We haven't seen any of their abilities yet except Marco, Ace and Joz.

I hope we get to see some commander action besides Joz and Marco, though. The ones that specifically cought my eye last chapter were Mr. Mustache Man and Jinbei lookalike. Also, there was someone with a bazooka-like weapon and I want to see if that's really all he needs to be on commander level. :p

And I don't think we should claim Mihawk can't cut metal yet. Zoro's cannon attacks aren't as powerful as his direct slashes, either, and Mihawk is at a pretty long distance.

mr.danly
August 04, 2009, 09:44 AM
also, I'm pretty sure that the spoiler saying "the world's strongest sword slash" is full of notes and random speculation from the writer of the spoiler. The second spoiler has none of that stuff.

cachaco99
August 04, 2009, 09:45 AM
well if we ever get to see a whitebeard vs strawhat fight its definitely gonna be zoro vs jozu. remember in zoro's fight with mr 1. at the end mr 1 said something like "are you gonna try cutting diamonds next" maybe its a foreshadowing to a fight with zoro vs jozu. it'll be a great test cuz if mihawk vs jozu continues and if mihawk is later able to cut jozu then it means mihawk truly is bada$$ and zoro should go through the same "challenge"

Raysen_ht
August 04, 2009, 09:46 AM
Toughness relates to a material's ability to resist breakage from forceful impact. The toughness of natural diamond has been measured as 2.0 MPa·m1/2,[22] and the critical stress intensity factor is 3.4 MN·m−3/2.[23] Those values are good compared to other gemstones, but poor compared to most engineering materials. As with any material, the macroscopic geometry of a diamond contributes to its resistance to breakage. Diamond has a cleavage plane and is therefore more fragile in some orientations than others. Diamond cutters use this attribute to cleave some stones, prior to faceting
Just trieing to make this more clear for everyone...

Diamonds are the hardest material on earth, but in scientific terms "hardness" refers to the ability to scratch other materials (e.g. if you try to scratch/cut a diamond with a knife, the knife will end up beeing cut instead of the diamond)
But, that doesnt mean that diamonds are indestructable... quite the opposite in fact! Due to that hardness they are extremely fragile to tension/blunt force. Thats because hardness is inversaly proportional to elasticity, so if you try to stretch/smash a diamond it will break easely!

Rubber on the other hand, is ease to cut/scratch but hard to crush by smashing/stretching

mr.danly
August 04, 2009, 09:47 AM
well if we ever get to see a whitebeard vs strawhat fight its definitely gonna be zoro vs jozu. remember in zoro's fight with mr 1. at the end mr 1 said something like "are you gonna try cutting diamonds next" maybe its a foreshadowing to a fight with zoro vs jozu. it'll be a great test cuz if mihawk vs jozu continues and if mihawk is later able to cut jozu then it means mihawk truly is bada$$ and zoro should go through the same "challenge"

lol I'm pretty sure if mihawk cuts jozu its gg. He's not getting back up from that. Mihawk isn't very well known for his mercy, either, unless he sees someone with a lot of potential sch as Zoro.

DARK
August 04, 2009, 09:50 AM
lol I'm pretty sure if mihawk cuts jozu its gg. He's not getting back up from that. Mihawk isn't very well known for his mercy, either, unless he sees someone with a lot of potential sch as Zoro.

He only let Zoro go because his old rival, Shanks, lost his arm.

ScratchmenApoo
August 04, 2009, 09:52 AM
Damn... A few weeks back in my chatango profile I roleplayed as Diamond Logia... Now I have to change that.. damn Jozu :P I wonder if he is Logia or Paramecia.. most likely Paramecia... Logia would be too powerful...

Can't wait for thursday !

DARK
August 04, 2009, 09:55 AM
Damn... A few weeks back in my chatango profile I roleplayed as Diamond Logia... Now I have to change that.. damn Jozu :P I wonder if he is Logia or Paramecia.. most likely Paramecia... Logia would be too powerful...

Can't wait for thursday !

If he is able to turn himself into Diamond, I would have to say Logia. Usually Paramecia people who have "elemental" abilities like that are unable to turn themselves into what they can use.

mr.danly
August 04, 2009, 09:57 AM
He only let Zoro go because his old rival, Shanks, lost his arm.

really? I just reread chapter 52 (the actual fight) and he didn't mention shanks at all... I got the impression that he was just impressed by Zoro's determination.
[hr]

If he is able to turn himself into Diamond, I would have to say Logia. Usually Paramecia people who have "elemental" abilities like that are unable to turn themselves into what they can use.

does Mr. 1 count? although it's true that he did only turn parts of his body into blades.

Tomgoood01
August 04, 2009, 10:00 AM
If Mihawk's sword is made out of Diamonds or a diamond mix with Iron then he could very well cut Jozu (diamonds can cut diamonds ). Maybe the top 12 swords all have diamonds in them.

RichardMNixon
August 04, 2009, 10:01 AM
Zoro's 108 pound cannon broke Ohm's iron cloud when his normal sword strikes couldn't. "Joz is made of diamond" also seems like it could be spoiler speculation/addition, we've had a good bit of that in the past two weeks.

Mr. 1's entire body was steel, Zoro couldn't stab him in the face either.

Mr. Crocodile
August 04, 2009, 10:02 AM
So here's my crazy theory..i still don't think mihawk is the strongest swordsman and here's why. In the spoiler he said something to Doflamingo about wanting to know how far he is from that "man"(and he is certainly not talking about distance) if he were talking about WB why didn't he just say so? so this other guy might already be able to cut diamond and mihawk wanted to test his own ability to see if he's gotten better..so that other "man" is probably not very famous and didnt care about the srongest swordsman title.

Also most of the SH's dreams have some sort of a mystery to it, except for zoro's.. it just seems to easy..just defeat this one guy who was introduced on the first 60 chapters..i still think there's someone far more powerful in the NW that zoro will need to defeat to get title..just a thought :)

deffkryz
August 04, 2009, 10:03 AM
Well this seems like a cool chapter... the most disappointing thing for me is that ALL the division captains are DF-users... I thought that everyone in the New World would pretty much use Haki instead of their DF abilities. And as for Mihawk, I thing we all need to remember that it was an AIRBORNE slash. Very different from direct contact. Let's use Zoro as an example. We've seen that Zoro can easily cut through steel with direct contact slashes. He could not, however, cut through steel with one of his airborne slashes. Simple as that. Direct contact is always much, much stronger; airborne slashes are merely for long-range attacks.

But you know that Zoro invented his pound hoa technique as an airborne slash to have a long range attack an that his santoryu 108 pound hoa destroyed Ohm's (http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Ohm) iron cloud sword? ;)

Raysen_ht
August 04, 2009, 10:05 AM
Not really @Mr Crocodile...

Mihawk was attacking WB not Josei... if he wanted to test his ability to cut diamond he wouldnt have done that... he would have simply attacked Josei directely

Tomgoood01
August 04, 2009, 10:05 AM
The difference between Logia and paramecia is Paramecia can make parts or the whole body whatever the DF ability is while staying in a human form. while Logia DF can transform their body into the rare state of their ability there ya go!!!

Raysen_ht
August 04, 2009, 10:11 AM
Please, lets not start a paramacia x logia discussion here... there are other threads for that...

Anyone else wondering how the hell did Mihawk attacked WB from all the way in front of Marineford to the back of the defence forces without cuting anybodyelse in the way?!?

The shishibukai must have moved from the front of the battle to the back, but than, who is going to face the 47 ship armada??

DARK
August 04, 2009, 10:15 AM
If Mihawk's sword is made out of Diamonds or a diamond mix with Iron then he could very well cut Jozu (diamonds can cut diamonds ). Maybe the top 12 swords all have diamonds in them.

Probably, but that wasn't the case here, at least not yet.

RichardMNixon
August 04, 2009, 10:15 AM
Seems like the primary difference is that Logia's can separate into multiple pieces and lose their human physiology altogether. If you cut Aokiji in half he's two chunks of ice and still alive. If you cut Mr. 1 in half, he still has recognizable internal organs and blood.

I've said this many times before but Mihawk doesn't have to be the ultimate badass to be the best swordsman. I interpret him as the most skilled swordsman. If Shanks is almost as skilled AND a lot more powerful or uses haki or a DF or something, beating Mihawk would make him a better fighter, not a better "swords"man.

Mythsoul
August 04, 2009, 10:18 AM
hmmmm so the fun begins....finally we get to see the WB division captains powers...very interesting.....I'm still leanign towards WB...and Luffy coming out at the end to save his brother...this will be an epic chapter....can't wait for pictures

DARK
August 04, 2009, 10:19 AM
The difference between Logia and paramecia is Paramecia can make parts or the whole body whatever the DF ability is while staying in a human form. while Logia DF can transform their body into the rare state of their ability there ya go!!!

Basically they can turn themselves into whatever form they are using, as opposed to Paramecia where their body is reinforced by a material but cannot transform into said material. It's not like Luffy can turn himself into actual rubber.

Tomgoood01
August 04, 2009, 10:23 AM
Don Quixote Doflamingo i think is gonna wait around and see who he wants to control to do his fighting i don't he will actually do the fighting that's the way his DF set up plus he doesn't seem like the most energetic fighter. My guess is that he'll use the Snake girl just cause i cant see her doing it herself for her love for Luffy.

gesgift
August 04, 2009, 10:38 AM
Don Quixote Doflamingo i think is gonna wait around and see who he wants to control to do his fighting i don't he will actually do the fighting that's the way his DF set up plus he doesn't seem like the most energetic fighter. My guess is that he'll use the Snake girl just cause i cant see her doing it herself for her love for Luffy.

I don't see anything pointing in the direction of DoFlamingo being able to control the mind of people, just their actions, and seeing we don't know how DF's work (look for exemple at all the discussions about Logia's etc...). But I'm curious about the attack's of the SB, and WB's crew and the VA's. Man, this battle looks great :)

DARK
August 04, 2009, 10:41 AM
I don't see anything pointing in the direction of DoFlamingo being able to control the mind of people, just their actions, and seeing we don't know how DF's work (look for exemple at all the discussions about Logia's etc...). But I'm curious about the attack's of the SB, and WB's crew and the VA's. Man, this battle looks great :)

DoFlamingo has the power to manipulate people's bodies/actions. It was never stated he can control their minds (the Marines he used as "puppets" were confused and scared).

Dark God Zeus
August 04, 2009, 10:46 AM
Once again, One Piece delivers! We don't wait 19 pages just to have a flashback or have a bit of dialogue here!

1. Ok, so we see that the three top three commanders are devil fruit users. I'm not too bothered about this. Although one of the remaining 12 division commanders says "Aokiji freezing this makes it easy to traverse!", somewhat implying some of the remaining commanders have devil fruit. Although Oda will just give a few scenes to show the other division commanders, he's going to focus on Jozu and Marco.

2. Jozu's ability, so he'll be a more powerful Mr. 1? It'd make sense, Zoro fought the weaker version and Mihawk fights the stronger. He'll be good on offense and defense.

3. Mihawk seems to be getting involved a bit early. But he did do a long range attack which will be weaker than a melee attack, and Jozu had to step in to block it from Whitebeard. He also said he wanted to see how far he was from that man, I'd guess he's talking about Zoro.

4. Marco....hmm, flames obviously falls into Marco's territory. I'm thinking it could be some powerful visible haki, unless there is confirmed dialogue of someone saying it's a DF.

5. Aokiji and Kizaru going on the offensive so early.....aokiji got smashed but'll come back and Kizaru got reflected? Guess Oda is saving Akainu and Sengoku up :P phooey I want to see their abilities now!

6. I guessed that the shichibukai could fight the NW captains, and Whitebeard's crew would engage the Marines. Looks to be coming into fruition, and then how'll Crocodile, Mr. 1, Luffy, and Ivankov, and the rest of the ID ship fall into this.

Rotten The Wizard
August 04, 2009, 10:55 AM
Mihawk may just be the 1 character Oda screwed up with. he's supposedly the strongest swordsman in the world but yet still he's just a schichibukai, he should atleast be on par With Rayleigh Silvers himself. But if he's that strong then him being a schichibukai would make no sense since the WG couldnt touch him anyway if he had such power

I fully expect Oda to fix his mistake and Put Mihawk UP on admiral level by the end of this war

That has always bugged me

DARK
August 04, 2009, 11:00 AM
Mihawk may just be the 1 character Oda screwed up with. he's supposedly the strongest swordsman in the world but yet still he's just a schichibukai, he should atleast be on par With Rayleigh Silvers himself. But if he's that strong then him being a schichibukai would make no sense since the WG couldnt touch him anyway if he had such power

I fully expect Oda to fix his mistake and Put Mihawk UP on admiral level by the end of this war

"Still" just a Shichibukai- are you saying that they are weak? Say that to Kuma, Moria, or Blackbeard because they can kick ass. The only thing I'm surprised about him being a Shichibukai is that he is one. To think that the world's greatest swordsman is a "government dog." I want to know why they bothered to join in the first place.
We have never really seen Mihawk and Rayleigh in battle, but Mihawk is supposedly as strong, if not stronger, than Shanks was 10 years ago (prior to losing his arm).

Aikyet
August 04, 2009, 11:01 AM
Quite impessive and these are only short summry spoilers.
Aokiji dispalys something amazing. Division Commanders equal the admirals and shichibukai. I am looking forward to Marco vs Kizaru. I bet on the condom-man.
And I like how Oda is refferring to the Zoro vs Daz Bones battle!

What?
Shichibukai is a status not a measure of someone's power. You could have noticed that shichibukai in contrast to admirals differ in power among themselves.
It doesn't mean that he became shichibukai due to his weakness.

And what do you expect of him? To become a Yonkou or something?

Once again, One Piece delivers! We don't wait 19 pages just to have a flashback or have a bit of dialogue here!

What? There are people who don't enjoythis manga for dialogues and flashbacks? I am surprised. In a bad way.

He also said he wanted to see how far he was from that man, I'd guess he's talking about Zoro.

Mihawk is attacking Whitebeard and is talking about Zoro. Right, that makes sense.

visible haki

Where are people getting this?

Tomgoood01
August 04, 2009, 11:05 AM
I Think the reasons for Mihawk to be shichibukai is quite simple he is man of knowledge. Whenever there is news he the one to know and spread it. EX bounties plus informing Shanks about Luffy. As well the meeting about the replacement of crocodile. As a shichibukai he able to get such information about the WG as well now he doesn't have to look over his shoulder for he's not a wanted man anymore.

Plus i never stated that Don Quixote Doflamingo control the minds of people, read and think before your reply sheesh people!

SenninSage
August 04, 2009, 11:13 AM

Mihawk is able to fight on par with Shanks who is one of the Pirate Lords. I highly doubt he couldn't match an Admiral.

Also, for the person that suggested Mihawk wanted to test how far he was from Zoro, he was clearly referring to WhiteBeard and not Zoro. The attack was to test how powerful he was compared to WhiteBeard.

I don't think we should look at the Shichibukai as being weaker than Admirals. I'm fairly certain that they consider themselves as equals. Any shichibukai could've likely caused the exact level of problems for all those amazing rookie pirates as Kizaru did on the Shabondy Archipelago.

gold349
August 04, 2009, 11:14 AM

1. Ok, so we see that the three top three commanders are devil fruit users. I'm not too bothered about this. Although one of the remaining 12 division commanders says "Aokiji freezing this makes it easy to traverse!", somewhat implying some of the remaining commanders have devil fruit. Although Oda will just give a few scenes to show the other division commanders, he's going to focus on Jozu and Marco.

2. Jozu's ability, so he'll be a more powerful Mr. 1? It'd make sense, Zoro fought the weaker version and Mihawk fights the stronger. He'll be good on offense and defense.

3. Mihawk seems to be getting involved a bit early. But he did do a long range attack which will be weaker than a melee attack, and Jozu had to step in to block it from Whitebeard. He also said he wanted to see how far he was from that man, I'd guess he's talking about Zoro.

4. Marco....hmm, flames obviously falls into Marco's territory. I'm thinking it could be some powerful visible haki, unless there is confirmed dialogue of someone saying it's a DF.

5. Aokiji and Kizaru going on the offensive so early.....aokiji got smashed but'll come back and Kizaru got reflected? Guess Oda is saving Akainu and Sengoku up :P phooey I want to see their abilities now!

6. I guessed that the shichibukai could fight the NW captains, and Whitebeard's crew would engage the Marines. Looks to be coming into fruition, and then how'll Crocodile, Mr. 1, Luffy, and Ivankov, and the rest of the ID ship fall into this.

the test 'worlds strongest slash' was aimed at WB that's who he wants to evaluate his strength against.

Zoro wasn't even a serious sweat buster for him. Zoro wants his title of the strongest/best swordsman in the world, Mihawk is Zoro target not the other way round.

DARK
August 04, 2009, 11:15 AM
the test 'worlds strongest slash' was aimed at WB that's who he wants to evaluate his strength against.

Zoro wasn't even a serious sweat buster for him. Zoro wants his title of the strongest/best swordsman in the world, Mihawk is Zoro target not the other way round.

Mihawk even used the small dagger against him in the battle. Mihawk used his broadsword automatically and without question against Whitebeard.

ScratchmenApoo
August 04, 2009, 11:22 AM
"Where are people getting this?"

Well, some people suggest that Zoro's Asura attack is a visible form of Haki (since he has no devil fruit power, that is the closest thing to explain his Three-form) I don't see a problem there.
------------------------
I think that Mihawk was attacking Whitebeard to see how strong the Strongest Man really is. Juzo just stepped in in a style of "I'll be your opponent!" to take the attack.

I don't know about Marco's devil fruit though, if it looks like blue flames, Oda better explain that too. If it really is a visible form of Haki, then it is a good way of dealing with Logia, although Silvers didn't need that kind of stuff when fighting Kizaru ?

About the Shichibukai... Moria's devil fruit is strong, if he can manage to take his giant scissors and cut someone's shadow, but I don't think anyone will let their defense down that much to make it happen. And his shadow copy seems pretty useless in front of a ton of enemies.

Doflamingo... I don't know how many people he can control at the same time, but even controlling a few, he will leave himself open to many attacks, so his DF is also not the best against a lot of enemies at once.

Kuma could blast away a lot of people at once, also, his teleportation (?) seems a good way to moving in,near and between enemies, attacking and dodging.

Mihawk has a ton of experience in close combat fighting, so he won't be in a lot of trouble.

Boa Hancock... I doubt she can petrify the big shots for the same reason she couldn't Luffy.

All in all, what wonders me, is... It's pretty understandable how you can prevent Logia attacks from affecting you in melee combat by using Haki, but how can you use Haki on a DF attack that's airbourne... Do you just stare and look real cool and the attack won't have any effect ?

Black Lagoon
August 04, 2009, 11:34 AM
Just saw the spoilers, and no comment ... I just wanna say that the commanders are so cooooool, amazing.

Another epic chapter XD

RichardMNixon
August 04, 2009, 11:44 AM
I'm hoping Kuma will try to teleport WB away and we can finally see how broken DFs get fixed.

Doflamingo controlling Hancock's body would probably be useless as her haki is probably the large majority of her strength.

And for the umpteenth time, "best swordsman" could just mean most skilled, he doesn't have to be able to kill anyone who picks up a blade.

Seppuku
August 04, 2009, 11:51 AM
Apparently Akainu's a Magma Man who ate the Magu Magu no Mi. And Marco's a Static Man.

Bugzee
August 04, 2009, 11:54 AM
I hope on of the new world pirates take on Doflamingo! Marcos DF is very interesting! I knew Akainu would be left out for the more important fights! Cant wait to read this chapter in the hope that Luffy & co have arrived - then again part of the ocean surrounding marinford is frozen so they might need to walk!!!!

Tomgoood01
August 04, 2009, 11:58 AM
Marco could be a Gamma Ray Burst Man GRB for short
Basically Gamma rays are intense beans energy that come from a exploding stars.

So the Blue flames that come off his body could be narrow jets of bursts of energy or GRB which could very easy stop beams of light

chess4
August 04, 2009, 12:05 PM
the most important think from that spoiler for me besides the action is why is garp. from the spoilers it seems like he has disappeared. maybe he is think of helping WB

deprince69
August 04, 2009, 12:06 PM
i don't know about this chapter cuz this is not good at all... this shows that whitebeard has people who can match up to an admiral... they are crazy strong yet they weren't able to make whitebeard the "pirate king"

27raven
August 04, 2009, 12:09 PM
i don't know about this chapter cuz this is not good at all... this shows that whitebeard has people who can match up to an admiral... they are crazy strong yet they weren't able to make whitebeard the "pirate king"

I don't think WB wants to be the pirate king..

gold349
August 04, 2009, 12:14 PM

form what Sengokou said they wanted to make Ace Pirate King, WB wanted to anyway so I'd assume his commanders would go along with what ever he wishes...WB has the power to destroy the world, his commanders seem super powerful maybe there is truth in Sengokou but it was that Ace isn't ready yet so they have just stalled to wait for Ace to be ready.

sindergi
August 04, 2009, 12:14 PM

Didnt Sengoku said that WB wants to make Ace the pirate king ?!
So i think WB thinks he is too old/ill for being the new pirate king and he likes the idea that Roger´s son become the new pirate king.

gesgift
August 04, 2009, 12:19 PM
Undoubtly WB is strong, but that wouldn't mean his crew would be weak, not?

Sengoku might be stronger then his colored animals (I mean Admirals), and we don't know anything about the old geasers who lead the world. I'm glad it looks like it's going to be a serious match.

And we still haven't seen anything of the red doggies powers, not?

Knives122
August 04, 2009, 12:21 PM
Apparently Akainu's a Magma Man who ate the Magu Magu no Mi. And Marco's a Static Man.

Where is all this stuff about Akainu being Lava man coming from? His name? He could just be able to turn into a red dog...

sindergi
August 04, 2009, 12:23 PM
Where is all this stuff about Akainu being Lava man coming from? His name? He could just be able to turn into a red dog...

The new spoilerscript (no translation yet) states that he could use lava/magma-attacks.....but i dont know if these spoilers are true or fake.

Seppuku
August 04, 2009, 12:24 PM

Just because you're extremely powerful doesn't mean that you can become the Pirate King. And also, Whitebeard is top of the New World, and the strongest pirate out there. It wouldn't be suprising if his division commanders could match admirals. If they couldn't, the WG would have already gotten rid of Whitebeard.

From the new spoiler texts, however, they aren't confirmed yet.

chess4
August 04, 2009, 12:26 PM

i have a theory about this. ok WB has been the strongest man in the world for 20 plus years. he has a large crew of 1600 pirates and he has a lot of connection but yet he is raising ace to be pirate king, WHY?..................i think it has something to do with the will of d and the void century why WB hasnt become the pirate king yet.

k-dom
August 04, 2009, 12:27 PM
OK so it seems a devil fruit demonstration chapter. And it's already a fight between the highest powers : admiral vs division commender... And finally Mihawk display it real strength, an't wait for that
But it seems Oda is teasing us : no Luffy entrance, no Akainu demonstration

Concerning the devil fruits, I'm worried for the diamond guy. It may be effective against sword, but I'm not sure he could resist against Kizaru laser or whatever type of flame...

Organizized
August 04, 2009, 12:39 PM
OK so it seems a devil fruit demonstration chapter. And it's already a fight between the highest powers : admiral vs division commender... And finally Mihawk display it real strength, an't wait for that
But it seems Oda is teasing us : no Luffy entrance, no Akainu demonstration

Read the new spoilers! ;)

It seems Akainu is, indeed, a magma man. Many of us guessed his Devil Fruit would be Magma/Lava so it's not a big shock. I think it says something about him throwing magma balls and stuff.

Oh, also it says (I think) that Aokiji freezes the wave, Kizaru blows it up and Akainu evaporates it. This could be me reading it wrong. :p

Raysen_ht
August 04, 2009, 12:41 PM
@K-dom
Well... no one could resist Kisaru´s lasers or whatever kind of flame... In fact, i think the diamond guy could resist more than most people, seeing as diamond has a high tolerance for heat...
The thing that he should be worried about is brute strenght as it can break diamond to pieces...

Rotten The Wizard
August 04, 2009, 12:42 PM
Mihawk is able to fight on par with Shanks who is one of the Pirate Lords. I highly doubt he couldn't match an Admiral.

Also, for the person that suggested Mihawk wanted to test how far he was from Zoro, he was clearly referring to WhiteBeard and not Zoro. The attack was to test how powerful he was compared to WhiteBeard.

I don't think we should look at the Shichibukai as being weaker than Admirals. I'm fairly certain that they consider themselves as equals. Any shichibukai could've likely caused the exact level of problems for all those amazing rookie pirates as Kizaru did on the Shabondy Archipelago.

I never though of it that way...hmm

I was alway sunder the perception that the Shichi are weaker since it takes 7 of them PLUS 4 admirals to balance out the Yonkou. If theyre at the same level that would pretty much mean that 1 Yonkou is stronger than 2 admirals combined
Another reason why Mihawk doesnt fit his status, he should be in a category all by himself

Organizized
August 04, 2009, 12:50 PM
I never though of it that way...hmm

I was alway sunder the perception that the Shichi are weaker since it takes 7 of them PLUS 4 admirals to balance out the Yonkou. If theyre at the same level that would pretty much mean that 1 Yonkou is stronger than 2 admirals combined
Another reason why Mihawk doesnt fit his status, he should be in a category all by himself

First of all, I'm not sure it's to balance out the Yonkou themselves, but rather the Yonkou + their crews. I'm not sure, but I think the three powers are there to balance out each other, not for two two balance out the third (or it would be two great powers).

Also, Shichibukai position fits Mihawk perfectly. He cruises around on his small gothic one-man boat and remains a pirate yet he won't be wanted by the WG.

Knives122
August 04, 2009, 12:54 PM
...........Ice, light, and magma; might as well of given those three the powers of god. Seriously, how would you even go about beating someone with the power of magma?

Unless there's a pirate in WB's divisions that has a df that can actually counter that(Luffy's escape crew won't be able to do it) everyone's pretty much screwed(ok not really).

RichardMNixon
August 04, 2009, 12:57 PM
Jimbei or WB could just hurl water at Akainu to cool him down/disable him unless he has Aokiji to babysit him.

27raven
August 04, 2009, 01:01 PM
...........Ice, light, and magma; might as well of given those three the powers of god. Seriously, how would you even go about beating someone with the power of magma?

Unless there's a pirate in WB's divisions that has a df that can actually counter that(Luffy's escape crew won't be able to do it) everyone's pretty much screwed(ok not really).

Just kick him down into the ocean and he's done ;D

Cybernin
August 04, 2009, 01:01 PM
Seriously, how would you even go about beating someone with the power of magma?

Throw a lot of water on him? Sorry, couldn't help it. XD

In seriousness, a little water would evaporate quickly, but a lot of continuous water would cool him off.

Knives122
August 04, 2009, 01:05 PM
Jimbei or WB could just hurl water at Akainu to cool him down/disable him unless he has Aokiji to babysit him.

Just kick him down into the ocean and he's done ;D

Throw a lot of water on him? Sorry, couldn't help it. XD

In seriousness, a little water would evaporate quickly, but a lot of continuous water would cool him off.

Ah yes water, the one thing that would help our heroes so much right now. Too bad according to the spoilers Aokiji froze the ocean.......

Rotten The Wizard
August 04, 2009, 01:05 PM
Ive come to a conclusion. Mihawk is not on par with Shanks, its like assuming Moria is still on par with kaidou

Shanks and Mihawk faught on Par over TEN years ago, Shanks probably isnt strictly a swordsman and thus why mihawk is self proclaimed srongest swordsman

RichardMNixon
August 04, 2009, 01:06 PM
ICEQUAAAAAKE!

k-dom
August 04, 2009, 01:07 PM
If that's confirmed, I wonder what are the relation between aokiji and akainu. At least they shall not fight to near from eachother

Seppuku
August 04, 2009, 01:12 PM
Lol, if I'm not wrong, according to the new spoilers, it says something about Garp mentioning the Umi Umi no Mi, the power of the sea itself? I'm not too sure. >< But in any case, Since the Marines has Ice, Light and Magma on their side, it would be interesting if WB's side had the power of the sea.

c0nflikt
August 04, 2009, 01:16 PM
i was wondering how oda was gonna handle water powers this should be interesting.

Knives122
August 04, 2009, 01:17 PM
Lol, if I'm not wrong, according to the new spoilers, it says something about Garp mentioning the Umi Umi no Mi, the power of the sea itself? I'm not too sure. >< But in any case, Since the Marines has Ice, Light and Magma on their side, it would be interesting if WB's side had the power of the sea.

Well it's only logical that someone would end up having the power of water. If we get every other element then that should be one too............just don't give it to ANYONE in the Marines.

27raven
August 04, 2009, 01:18 PM
Ah yes water, the one thing that would help our heroes so much right now. Too bad according to the spoilers Aokiji froze the ocean.......

According to the spoilers "Mihawk attacks with a powerful slash, splitting the iced ocean." And anyway do you think it would be a problem for any of the strong characters to destroy the ice.. ;)

chess4
August 04, 2009, 01:19 PM
so it seems that akainu is a magma man. this arc will be action packed since everyone is in such close quarters with each other. i hope my boy luffy doesnt bite of more than he can chew. as much as i hate to sat this he is really outclassed by a lot of the people taking part in this battle. he better hope whitebeard makes it to ace before him because if luffy makes it there and sengoku is still there then it will be all bad for him........................UNLESS his grandfather steps in

Cybernin
August 04, 2009, 01:21 PM
I just had an interesting thought. According to previous chapters, Aokiji believes in 'Lazy Justice' and is very laid back in his attitude and actions and is an ice logia user. Akainu, if the spoilers pan out is a magma (logia?) user. Based on past info, he is a believer in 'Absolute Justice'. Kisaru is a light logia user, and is supposedly somewhere between Aokiji and Akainu, he believes in the principles of Absolute Justice, but many times acts in a Lazy Justice fashion.

Akainu = Absolute Justice / Magma (Logia?) Fruit (ie. hot, intense, destroys all before it)

Kisaru = Absolute/Lazy Justice / Light Logia Fruit (ie. light has power to burn/destroy yet people can still live around it without being destroyed)

Aokiji = Lazy Justice / Ice Logia Fruit (ie. cold, cool, slow and something that given enough time can carve mountains)

Sorry for getting philosophical.

Seppuku
August 04, 2009, 01:21 PM
i was wondering how oda was gonna handle water powers this should be interesting.

I was also wondering about that too. I mean, if DF user's weakness was the sea, would the person with the power of the sea himself have no weakness?

27raven
August 04, 2009, 01:23 PM
Well it's only logical that someone would end up having the power of water. If we get every other element then that should be one too............just don't give it to ANYONE in the Marines.

Power of water will be really powerful if it's true.

I always thought about logia power of air - creating vacuums, disappearing, making wind and many other posibilities. I think someone strong will have this one.

Cybernin
August 04, 2009, 01:25 PM
The one thing I've always wondered is if there is a Water Water Logia Fruit, would the user be able to use salt water instead of fresh water. If they could, they would be immune to the 'sea weakness' of other fruit users, and would he/she be able to nullify all other fruit powers, since the're made of salt water? Interesting thought.

sh4dx
August 04, 2009, 01:28 PM
correct me if i am mistaken but i think the spoilers says the umi umi no mi belongs to marco

Knives122
August 04, 2009, 01:31 PM
I was also wondering about that too. I mean, if DF user's weakness was the sea, would the person with the power of the sea himself have no weakness?

You'd think, if you're going by the definition of df users, that he would still be weak against it. If however he/she was the weakness, that person would still feel the effects but simply brushed them off(like building up an immunity to a poison)

Seppuku
August 04, 2009, 01:39 PM
correct me if i am mistaken but i think the spoilers says the umi umi no mi belongs to marco

I think you might be correct. Afterall, right after Sengoku said something about the best division's Marco being extremely dangerous, Garp replied with something along the lines of: "The Sea Sea Fruit, the power of the sea itself." We'll just wait until it's translated and confirmed, I guess ^^

You'd think, if you're going by the definition of df users, that he would still be weak against it. If however he/she was the weakness, that person would still feel the effects but simply brushed them off(like building up an immunity to a poison)

Oh yeah, I never thought of that. Well, we can't forget about the DF power's natural weakness either. If Marco does indeed have the Umi Umi no Mi, then he'd be weak against people like Aokiji and Enel.

Protegon
August 04, 2009, 01:46 PM
I just had an interesting thought. According to previous chapters, Aokiji believes in 'Lazy Justice' and is very laid back in his attitude and actions and is an ice logia user. Akainu, if the spoilers pan out is a magma (logia?) user. Based on past info, he is a believer in 'Absolute Justice'. Kisaru is a light logia user, and is supposedly somewhere between Aokiji and Akainu, he believes in the principles of Absolute Justice, but many times acts in a Lazy Justice fashion.

Akainu = Absolute Justice / Magma (Logia?) Fruit (ie. hot, intense, destroys all before it)

Kisaru = Absolute/Lazy Justice / Light Logia Fruit (ie. light has power to burn/destroy yet people can still live around it without being destroyed)

Aokiji = Lazy Justice / Ice Logia Fruit (ie. cold, cool, slow and something that given enough time can carve mountains)

Sorry for getting philosophical.
i don't understand the purpose of UR post, but yeap, that is the resume.

Akainu magma, but i want it's confirmed

Aikyet
August 04, 2009, 01:48 PM
For now, the only reflexive reaction I have when I hear things like Water or Magma Fruits - to cry out "Fanfiction!" or "Fake!" =_=

l!nk
August 04, 2009, 01:59 PM
i think the spoiler´s a fake.. i mean.. magma.. thats too obvious and not oda´s style.

27raven
August 04, 2009, 02:02 PM
i think the spoiler´s a fake.. i mean.. magma.. thats too obvious and not oda´s style.

I don't think magma is so weird.. water seems more far fetched to me.

Seppuku
August 04, 2009, 02:11 PM

I just found the spoilers randomly off 2ch. I can't really read Jap that well, so I can't tell if it's a fake or not =P But I do think that Magma suits Akainu's alright. I didn't expect anything to do with a Water DF though.

sh4dx
August 04, 2009, 02:12 PM
i'll be very disappoint if mihawk can't win EASILY against jozu IF he has the diamond fruit.

Kako
August 04, 2009, 02:14 PM
lol whoever has the water fruit would be god near the ocean lol

sh4dx
August 04, 2009, 02:19 PM
lol whoever has the water fruit would be god near the ocean lol

yes against a DF user, but against a non df user who has haki it's nothing so special.

Zehahaha
August 04, 2009, 02:21 PM
i'll be very disappoint if mihawk can't win EASILY against jozu IF he has the diamond fruit.

And i'll be disappointed if Jozu will be defeated easily... The fact that Mihawk is the best swordsman in the world doesn't mean that he is the strongest in the world...

For the moment, the admirals sucks, besides stopping the Tsunami, they didn't do anything special... It's just like BB said, DF users without their powers are nothing, and I feel the same for the admirals

Lostromos
August 04, 2009, 02:21 PM
I always thought about logia power of air - creating vacuums, disappearing, making wind and many other posibilities. I think someone strong will have this one.

Father of Luffy Monkey D Dragon I think probably has the Air Logia DF.Back when we helped luffy when he was about to be executed he demostrated some wind power as i can recall

sh4dx
August 04, 2009, 02:28 PM
Father of Luffy Monkey D Dragon I think probably has the Air Logia DF.Back when we helped luffy when he was about to be executed he demostrated some wind power as i can recall

maybe it's not a df power but haki or some other power we don't know yet.remember mihawk visited shanks and showing him the 1st bounty of luffy.first the weather was cloudy and after shanks saw luffy's bounty he was happy and the weather was sunny.Also when shanks visited WB at moby dick first the weather was sunny but after they talked about ace & bb they got nervous and the weather became cloudy.And after their "mini fight" the sky split in two.So maybe it's not a DF power but some VERY strong characters can control the weather with haki or some other power.

Seppuku
August 04, 2009, 02:28 PM
And i'll be disappointed if Jozu will be defeated easily... The fact that Mihawk is the best swordsman in the world doesn't mean that he is the strongest in the world...

For the moment, the admirals sucks, besides stopping the Tsunami, they didn't do anything special... It's just like BB said, DF users without their powers are nothing, and I feel the same for the admirals

Well, in order to be an admiral, not only do your DF powers and how it's handled have to be strong, but also your skill in physical combat.

Ooh, that may be possible too. Though I was thinking of Dragon being Stormy instead.

27raven
August 04, 2009, 02:30 PM

Ah, that's true I forgot. He also created a storm, so who knows what kind powers does he have, but he could make a storm by changing the air pressure.

sh4dx
August 04, 2009, 02:32 PM

If he is the best swordsman in the world then YES he HAS to cut a diamond man VERY easily.

About the admirals don't be in such a rush i don't think they are so high ranked just because they are logias.
[hr]

Ooh, that may be possible too. Though I was thinking of Dragon being Stormy instead.

SAME :

maybe it's not a df power but haki or some other power we don't know yet.remember mihawk visited shanks and showing him the 1st bounty of luffy.first the weather was cloudy and after shanks saw luffy's bounty he was happy and the weather was sunny.Also when shanks visited WB at moby dick first the weather was sunny but after they talked about ace & bb they got nervous and the weather became cloudy.And after their "mini fight" the sky split in two.So maybe it's not a DF power but some VERY strong characters can control the weather with haki or some other power.

SenninSage
August 04, 2009, 02:34 PM

Exactly! Just because Mihawk is strong doesn't mean he should easily win against another strong opponent.

If Mihawk is much too strong for him, then so be it. But if he's not, I see no reason to be disappointed if Mihawk can't instantly dispatch of him. Wouldn't it be just as cool to see both he and Mihawk have themselves an impressive fight where neither is necessarily bested by the other?

It still accomplishes the primary goal of showcasing how powerful Mihawk and WhiteBeard's commander are.

sh4dx
August 04, 2009, 02:40 PM
Exactly! Just because Mihawk is strong doesn't mean he should easily win against another strong opponent.

If Mihawk is much too strong for him, then so be it. But if he's not, I see no reason to be disappointed if Mihawk can't instantly dispatch of him. Wouldn't it be just as cool to see both he and Mihawk have themselves an impressive fight where neither is necessarily bested by the other?

It still accomplishes the primary goal of showcasing how powerful Mihawk and WhiteBeard's commander are.

dude i know what you say but my point is that if jozu is diamond then the best swordsman in the world MUST cut him easily.e.g i don't believe that because mihawk is the best swordsman must win against wb(garp or some other STRONG char) BUT against a diamond (jozu) or whatever HARD MATERIAL MUST win/cut it easily.

Seppuku
August 04, 2009, 02:44 PM
SAME :

Yes, it might be some other power, but IMO, I don't think Haki can affect the weather, and other than the Devil Fruits, I can't think of anything else which might be able to affect the weather in any other way except sheer force. That's shown when Shanks went to see WB on the Moby Dick. The impact between the clashing of the two swords was so great that the sky split. About Mihawk paying Shanks a visit, the weather could just be pure coincidence.

Organizized
August 04, 2009, 02:47 PM
dude i know what you say but my point is that if jozu is diamond then the best swordsman in the world MUST cut him easily.e.g i don't believe that because mihawk is the best swordsman must win against wb(garp or some other STRONG char) BUT against a diamond (jozu) or whatever HARD MATERIAL MUST win/cut it easily.

I didn't know it was a rule that the best swordsman should be able to cut through anything. :oh Doesn't the fact that he is the best swordsman just mean there are no other swordsmen that are better than him? I'm with SenninSage; there's nothing to be disappointed with IF Mihawk can't cut through him.

maybe it's not a df power but haki or some other power we don't know yet.remember mihawk visited shanks and showing him the 1st bounty of luffy.first the weather was cloudy and after shanks saw luffy's bounty he was happy and the weather was sunny.

What are you talking about? Here (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/96/16/) is right before he hears about Luffy and you can see the sun shining in that page. It's probably just the shading throwing you off.

(you can see the sky clearly in the page before that one (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/96/15/) as well, and the weather's not particularily cloudy)

sh4dx
August 04, 2009, 02:50 PM
Yes, it might be some other power, but IMO, I don't think Haki can affect the weather, and other than the Devil Fruits, I can't think of anything else which might be able to affect the weather in any other way except sheer force. That's shown when Shanks went to see WB on the Moby Dick. The impact between the clashing of the two swords was so great that the sky split. About Mihawk paying Shanks a visit, the weather could just be pure coincidence.

i don't think that it's coincidence TWO times.about the sky ok i agree.BUT go and see again the scene mihawk visited shanks & shanks visited WB both times the weather changed when their mood changed.That makes me believe that is not coincidence..
[hr]

I didn't know it was a rule that the best swordsman should be able to cut through anything. :oh Doesn't the fact that he is the best swordsman just mean there are no other swordsmen that are better than him? I'm with SenninSage; there's nothing to be disappointed with IF Mihawk can't cut through him.

What are you talking about? Here (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/96/16/) is right before he hears about Luffy and you can see the sun shining in that page. It's probably just the shading throwing you off.

(you can see the sky clearly in the page before that one (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/96/15/) as well, and the weather's not particularily cloudy)

go check the anime you will understand better.

about this : I didn't know it was a rule that the best swordsman should be able to cut through anything. Doesn't the fact that he is the best swordsman just mean there are no other swordsmen that are better than him? I'm with SenninSage; there's nothing to be disappointed with IF Mihawk can't cut through him.

YES if he is/called the BEST that would be to LAME if there are other swordsmen that are better than him.

GeckoMoria
August 04, 2009, 02:54 PM
idk why people are complaining.... this chapter seems incredibly epic to me
i love how the admirals are beginning their attack and i expect WB to block his fair share of their attacks. I expect marco to be as strong as an admiral too.. he is the first mate of the strongest man in the world... expect no less from him... and Jozu too. being the top 3 strongest guys under the strongest man in the world means a lot. i mean does anyone think Ace is that weak? this is fight is turning into more and more epicness as everyone displays there powers.

so far 1. mihawk vs jozu 2. Marco vs kizaru i cant wait to get all the 1 on 1s out there and see how things go down :D still hoping sengoku fights WB tho i mean he has to be Fleet Admiral for something

Seppuku
August 04, 2009, 02:57 PM

Diamond is the hardest Material there is. Even if Mihawk is the best swordsman, I don't think he'll be able to cut diamond easily, otherwise, he'd have cut through Jozu when Jozu intercepted Mihawks' strongest attack. He'll probably be able to cut diamond of course, but only with great effort. It wouldn't be fun if Jozu only lasted minutes. I agree with Sennin and Organzized.

i don't think that it's coincidence TWO times.about the sky ok i agree.BUT go and see again the scene mihawk visited shanks & shanks visited WB both times the weather changed when their mood changed.That makes me believe that is not coincidence..

go check the anime you will understand better.

The manga is much more accurate compared to the anime. Oda draws the manga himself, and he has practically nothing to do with the anime except that it's his story, therefore the animators might have just decided to change the weather on a whim. Also, One Piece is extremely lengthy, I'm sure there could be more than 2 coincidences in the story.

ScratchmenApoo
August 04, 2009, 02:59 PM
Newest unconfirmed spoiler says that Luffy will be heading up to Ace... I don't know, but I think it's not true.. too much action going on... we'll see

Seppuku
August 04, 2009, 03:03 PM
Newest unconfirmed spoiler says that Luffy will be heading up to Ace... I don't know, but I think it's not true.. too much action going on... we'll see
That's quite interesting if it's genuine, I wonder what Akainu's like and how Luffy'll fare. Not very well, probably =P

Zehahaha
August 04, 2009, 03:08 PM
Poor Luffy, facing Akainu... I wonder if he's gonna use Haki against him

Lee-tyme7
August 04, 2009, 03:08 PM

Yeah, but that's just the weather it randomly changes all the time in the grand line as stated by Nami. It's hard to predict how the weather would change. But when Dragon save Luffy he summoned the winds and it blew everyone away. It's gotta be a DF ability.

sh4dx
August 04, 2009, 03:12 PM
Diamond is the hardest Material there is. Even if Mihawk is the best swordsman, I don't think he'll be able to cut diamond easily, otherwise, he'd have cut through Jozu when Jozu intercepted Mihawks' strongest attack. He'll probably be able to cut diamond of course, but only with great effort. It wouldn't be fun if Jozu only lasted minutes. I agree with Sennin and Organzized.

The manga is much more accurate compared to the anime. Oda draws the manga himself, and he has practically nothing to do with the anime except that it's his story, therefore the animators might have just decided to change the weather on a whim. Also, One Piece is extremely lengthy, I'm sure there could be more than 2 coincidences in the story.

about mihawk-joz: if zoro can cut steel now i want to believe that mihawk's fly attacks can't cut diamond BUT a close combat CAN easily cut him.it'll be ridiculous if the best swordsman can't cut diamond easily when a char like zoro who is not THAT monster at the moment can cut easily steel.I know that is the HARDEST MATERIAL but i think that for sure in the future we'll se some MORE HARD MATERIAL than diamond, but at the moment i think it'll be lame if the best swordsman has difficult time against a diamond man.

about manga-anime:i know that Oda draws the manga itself i just told you to check the anime for those 2 scenes because some scenes of the manga are better to understand when you see them at anime.check it and tell me your opinion if it is coincidence or not.
[hr]

Yeah, but that's just the weather it randomly changes all the time in the grand line as stated by Nami. It's hard to predict how the weather would change. But when Dragon save Luffy he summoned the winds and it blew everyone away. It's gotta be a DF ability.

i know that when he appeared winds were summoned but it'll be too obvious if he has a DF.and i'm sure that isn't just coincidence that the weather changed when the mood of some of the STRONGEST CHARACTERS of OP changed..just that

Lee-tyme7
August 04, 2009, 03:16 PM

Joz having Diamond DF?! That sounds fake but I'll have to wait and see. But if Mihawk is indeed called the best swordsman in the world howcome he couldn't cut through Joz daimond armor? Mihawk could just as easily use haki and cut him in half. Remember when Zoro cut Dos Bone? At the time he didn't know it but he used haki to cut a steel man. LOL!

Seppuku
August 04, 2009, 03:19 PM
about mihawk-joz: if zoro can cut steel now i want to believe that mihawk's fly attacks can't cut diamond BUT a close combat CAN easily cut him.it'll be ridiculous if the best swordsman can't cut diamond easily when a char like zoro who is not THAT monster at the moment can cut easily steel.I know that is the HARDEST MATERIAL but i think that for sure in the future we'll se some MORE HARD MATERIAL than diamond, but at the moment i think it'll be lame if the best swordsman has difficult time against a diamond man.

about manga-anime:i know that Oda draws the manga itself i just told you to check the anime for those 2 scenes because some scenes of the manga are better to understand when you see them at anime.check it and tell me your opinion if it is coincidence or not.
<hr noshade size="1">

i know that when he appeared winds were summoned but it'll be too obvious if he has a DF.and i'm sure that isn't just coincidence that the weather changed when the mood of some of the STRONGEST CHARACTERS of OP changed..just that

Actually, is there anything harder than Diamond? I sorta forgot. But then again, it would also be lame if the hardest material ever (I think) lost easily against Mihawk. Zoro is quite a monster already, and he doesn't cut through steel with ease either. He has to concentrate.

I checked the anime. And just like Lee-tyme7 stated up there, it's probably the Grand Line's strange weather. So, yes IMO it's coincidence. And well, I don't really think just by having a mood change, the weather'd change as well. That would be troublesome if any of them had mood swings then. Also, when Dragon saved Luffy, the wind and weather was directed at the execution platform. It should be a DF ability.

gold349
August 04, 2009, 03:20 PM
Mihawk's attack was targeted at WB, it was a tester shot anyway, just 'cus its called 'worlds strongest slash' who knows it might not even be his ultimate most powerful attack he is able to perform?. Jos standing in his way blocking it and being hard as diamond stopping Mihawk's attack is not proof in it self that Mihawk is unable to cut diamond...you know, had he known he was cutting diamond maybe he would have done something different?. Mihawk has the title as the strongest/best swordsman in the world doesn't mean he is the strongest most powerful person in the world 'cus that title belongs to WB...so there is improvement still needed even for him but only at sword fight is he better than any other.

jamjamstyle
August 04, 2009, 03:25 PM
I doubt that the spoilers are true. And it's the first time i say that. I need pictures first before i can believe this.

sh4dx
August 04, 2009, 03:29 PM
Actually, is there anything harder than Diamond? I sorta forgot. But then again, it would also be lame if the hardest material ever (I think) lost easily against Mihawk. Zoro is quite a monster already, and he doesn't cut through steel with ease either. He has to concentrate.

I checked the anime. And just like Lee-tyme7 stated up there, it's probably the Grand Line's strange weather. So, yes IMO it's coincidence. And well, I don't really think just by having a mood change, the weather'd change as well. That would be troublesome if any of them had mood swings then. Also, when Dragon saved Luffy, the wind and weather was directed at the execution platform. It should be a DF ability.

just see Lee-tyme7 post and you will understand what i want to say.zoro cut mr1 without having haki or to know how to cut steel.he just "learned" it at that time.So it'll be lame if the best swordsman who propably MUST HAVE very strong haki can't cut diamond.As for the hardest material i know that it is the diamond BUT in OP world always something stronger appears!so i believe in the future we'll see something harder than diamond(just my opinion i don't really care about that BUT if mihawk can't cut him easily with close combat attack it'll be LAME.)
[hr]

Mihawk's attack was targeted at WB, it was a tester shot anyway, just 'cus its called 'worlds strongest slash' who knows it might not even be his ultimate most powerful attack he is able to perform?. Jos standing in his way blocking it and being hard as diamond stopping Mihawk's attack is not proof in it self that Mihawk is unable to cut diamond...you know, had he known he was cutting diamond maybe he would have done something different?. Mihawk has the title as the strongest/best swordsman in the world doesn't mean he is the strongest most powerful person in the world 'cus that title belongs to WB...so there is improvement still needed even for him but only at sword fight is he better than any other.

dude read my other posts.i SAID that i don't expect from mihawk to WIN against WB(garp sengoku(i want to believe) or other STRONG chars) BUT if he is the best swordsman he MUST cut EVERYTHING.

d3death
August 04, 2009, 03:29 PM
Source: AP
Verification: Unconfirmed

At the end of the chapter we see Luffy heading up to Ace but he is stopped by Akainu.

its a damn fake..
no where on AP is that stated..

Yans86
August 04, 2009, 03:36 PM
Luffy against Akainu...WTF MOMENT!!!!if they r not fake spoilers,I can die just now....

Seppuku
August 04, 2009, 03:37 PM
just see Lee-tyme7 post and you will understand what i want to say.zoro cut mr1 without having haki or to know how to cut steel.he just "learned" it at that time.So it'll be lame if the best swordsman who propably MUST HAVE very strong haki can't cut diamond.As for the hardest material i know that it is the diamond BUT in OP world always something stronger appears!so i believe in the future we'll see something harder than diamond(just my opinion i don't really care about that BUT if mihawk can't cut him easily with close combat attack it'll be LAME.)
<hr noshade size="1">

dude read my other posts.i SAID that i don't expect from mihawk to WIN against WB(garp sengoku(i want to believe) or other STRONG chars) BUT if he is the best swordsman he MUST cut EVERYTHING.

Yep, I saw. But I'm not saying Mihawk can't cut diamond. I just don't think that he'd be able to cut diamond with ease. He'd probably be able to cut it, but with effort.

Max Mojito
August 04, 2009, 03:42 PM
seeems like a epic chapter wow so many comments already, i cant wait to see Luffy, Jimbeis role in all this i just hope there facing some1 with a reputation not just fodder

Black Lagoon
August 04, 2009, 03:45 PM
Yep, I saw. But I'm not saying Mihawk can't cut diamond. I just don't think that he'd be able to cut diamond with ease. He'd probably be able to cut it, but with effort.

yeah! the battle is from a high-rank

Superman
August 04, 2009, 03:47 PM
I hoped Marco has the Mirror Mirror fruit......but it is just some lame blue flame fruit pfft.....HES SO BADASS SO COOLL~~~~:D:D anyway.
HAHA i pridicted ODA when i said that Aokiji will stop both waves muhahahaha....cough cough.....damn smoking....but lets move on to Marco again. Now that he has such a strong fruit i seriously hope that its paracemia dunno why it just feels better somehow.

Roarchu
August 04, 2009, 03:55 PM
I think Mihawk can cut through diamond. But he has to listen to the breathing of the diamond. If he fights Jazu close range he can listen to the breath of the diamond and cut it.

Maybe Jazu will be aware of that though and do something about it.

k-dom
August 04, 2009, 04:01 PM
actually, aokiji freezing the tsunami was predict in last week 'fake' spoiler :-)
That say if the confirmed spoilers from the last weeks were not accurate, I would not trust to much the one that are not confirmed yet.

Max Mojito
August 04, 2009, 04:06 PM
ya i thought he froze the tsnumami last week that was weird, and it said last week Akuina is unstopabble or some shyt like that which didint happn so there might be minor details in this chapter that dont turn out true either

ScratchmenApoo
August 04, 2009, 04:23 PM
Yeah, that latest spoiler was fake... should've checked that that guy only had 2 posts in this forum.. not very trustworthy...

Marco's DF... Blue flames ? What could it be ? Can't wait for tomorrow (pics)

llamapie
August 04, 2009, 04:29 PM
One Piece is turning into my favorite manga. The depth to it is almost comparable to the likes of berserk.

Anyways glad to see the fights starting now. Luffy is gonna find his way into this fight, and maybe we can finally see if his haki will make a difference against Logias yet. There is no way he's getting out of this without causing the most damage.

ascalon
August 04, 2009, 05:01 PM
haha, I knew there would be a diamond devil fruit, though I thought it'd be too similar to Mister 1's blade/steel df.

Black Lagoon
August 04, 2009, 06:07 PM
haha, I knew there would be a diamond devil fruit, though I thought it'd be too similar to Mister 1's blade/steel df.

well the 4th division commander is gonna be made by gold :p

Organizized
August 04, 2009, 06:20 PM
4th division commander Thatch is dead. Unless they got a new one but he wasn't killed that long ago and we know commander positions can be empty for a while before they find the right one for it. Anyway, I get that it was a joke, just pointing it out. :p

Bugzee
August 04, 2009, 06:24 PM
Cant wait to see what kind of attacks Jozu has with his diamond DF. I hope he doesnt rely on defensive-type attacks (if that makes sense). I just want someone to whoop Kizarus arse real good!

Romanov D Paul
August 04, 2009, 06:30 PM
Yup, the 4th division commander was Satch, he was killed by Teach and that started the whole Ace'chasing'Blackbeard thing...
About Jozan, I am not very competent in Japanese but someone who is could confirm that Jozan or the like actually means "diamond"? I am no fan of Yu-gi-ho but I remeber a monster here called "Jozan Ryu" witch was a dragon composed of diamond... If that' s true Oda is even more a genius then I tought, if at all possible...
And about Marco, I'm pretty sure it was already mentioned but a blue flame should actually be a max heat flame, like the ones u get from a gas kitchen, but I don't see how thay could deflect coherent beam of light, maybe I'm missing something. Also I'm pretty sure they're both Paramecia users, since I doubt that Oda would create another Logia so similar to Ace's and I don't think Jozan is able to create and control diamond aside from trasforming himself into it... I talked about this a while ago too, we have already wittnessed Paramacia bearing one of the 2 charateristic of Logia: either body substance alteration or creation and control.
Anyway, it's almost like WB predicted everything along the way, man... He probabl knew about Aokiji's powers and that they were the only chance for marines to survive those tsunamis he created... thus creating a safe passage for the ability users... talk about strategy, man.
I lack words able to describe this epicness... so I'll just repeat the conclusion of the last chap: the war begins... YO!

Black Lagoon
August 04, 2009, 06:38 PM
Cant wait to see what kind of attacks Jozu has with his diamond DF. I hope he doesnt rely on defensive-type attacks (if that makes sense). I just want someone to whoop Kizarus arse real good!

why?? he's kind... :p

well, Kirazu won't be an easy opponent.

I just wanna see what Luffy, Maybe Akainu's DF is compatible (:p) with Luffy's DF (like Enel)...

Romanov D Paul
August 04, 2009, 06:43 PM
Uh, if the spoiler is true I don't see our prefered captain having a very good match up against him :)

Bugzee
August 04, 2009, 06:46 PM
why?? he's kind... :p

well, Kirazu won't be an easy opponent.

I just wanna see what Luffy, Maybe Akainu's DF is compatible (:p) with Luffy's DF (like Enel)...

Kind? LOL

I hope Akainu's DF is revealed SOON!!!!! This ones just been killing me! I need to know! Magma man = i dont think so, its just not right especially since his got like flower petals on his clothing.

Romanov D Paul
August 04, 2009, 06:50 PM
Well maybe he has a kind soul after all! A part from that little banging up a ship full of innocent escapees from Ohara... that doesn't mean he must be as harsh as we think about him! (joke)

Tomgoood01
August 04, 2009, 06:51 PM
I has been revealed ( I Think) in the lastest spoliers it sasy that akainu is a Magma Man of course you need to be able to read japanese to know which i can to an extent. hahaha

Black Lagoon
August 04, 2009, 06:54 PM
Kind? LOL

I hope Akainu's DF is revealed SOON!!!!! This ones just been killing me! I need to know! Magma man = i dont think so, its just not right especially since his got like flower petals on his clothing.

:facepalm don't get fooled by the flower, he could be a classy man, LOL :p

so according to the spoilers, WB stays idle for now...

Romanov D Paul
August 04, 2009, 07:06 PM
"Old Man" Whitebeard already had his part of the initial show... he is leaving room for his most formidable henchmen to show that they deserve their title of division commander. It would be weird from Oda lining up such an impressive fleet just to have the job done all by himself, right?

About Luffy, I got the feeling that he is going to take advantage of the advancing massive ruckus to sneak from behind and save his brother! Not that this is actually very much like him, but people tend to change trough times... Whaddya think bout this? Can we really be sure he will smash from the front line screaming uo that he is there to save Ace? Well he already done it but who knows...

sanrakusay
August 04, 2009, 07:13 PM
hehe i'm looking forward on Mihawk VS Zorro match..

i would like to see how Mihawk will react to Zorro's development...

haha because compared to their first bout Zorro was just like an

ant... but now, i think zorro's gonna beat the shit out of Mihawk

^_^ anyone of you would like to see that too?

sh4dx
August 04, 2009, 07:21 PM
hehe i'm looking forward on Mihawk VS Zorro match..

i would like to see how Mihawk will react to Zorro's development...

haha because compared to their first bout Zorro was just like an

ant... but now, i think zorro's gonna beat the shit out of Mihawk

^_^ anyone of you would like to see that too?

i think we don't read the same manga..how the hell can zoro beat mihawk at the moment if he can't even HIT kizaru and scratch a bit kuma ? pls don't be ridiculous..

SenninSage
August 04, 2009, 07:22 PM
i think we don't read the same manga..how the hell can zoro beat mihawk at the moment if he can't even HIT kizaru and scratch a bit kuma ? pls don't be ridiculous..

Yea.. right now Zoro isn't on Mihawk's level. Maybe he became stronger, but as far as we know, he isn't there yet.

Romanov D Paul
August 04, 2009, 07:31 PM
Yeah men, that's for sure, we do ALL knew that Zoro's defeating Miahawk would be the coronation of his dream and therefore is not going to happen any soon by any chance, but that his not a good reason to tease people and insult them, like I see our greek friend is quite used to. I suggest u to try to be more kind or else u'll end up making the part of the idiot.

Black Lagoon
August 04, 2009, 07:34 PM
Yeah men, that's for sure, we do ALL knew that Zoro's defeating Miahawk would be the coronation of his dream and therefore is not going to happen any soon by any chance, but that his not a good reason to tease people and insult them, like I see our greek friend is quite used to. I suggest u to try to be more kind or else u'll end up making the part of the idiot.

For now, IMO he could handle with that little sword :p

chitgoks
August 04, 2009, 07:39 PM

cant hit kizaru.. i agree.. but kuma? i dont think knowing kuma to be a cyborg after he made a big and deep scratch on the shoulder can be called "a bit" ;)

it did piss kuma

Romanov D Paul
August 04, 2009, 07:44 PM
Yahyah, well I highly doubt that if Mihawk would meet Zoro anytime now he would refrain from unsheating Kokutou Youro... after all he already done it while he was completely unable to withstand his weakest attacks, but by now not even him could beat Zoro without going at least a bit serious... and also, going back to the spoiler discussion, I agree with the fact that our Mr "best swordsman in the wolrd" should be able to cut to trough diamond, but I'm quite certain, like some people already mentioned, that hearing "the breath" of diamond is no easy task even for him and therefore we'll have to wait future chapters to see the swordmaster seriously engage Jozan and quite probably defeat him. And even if that has nothing to do with this... Doflamingo DF will be called Kugo Kugo no Mi! or whatewer abbreviation u can find for the Jap "Kugutsu" witch means "Puppet".

sh4dx
August 04, 2009, 08:02 PM
Yahyah, well I highly doubt that if Mihawk would meet Zoro anytime now he would refrain from unsheating Kokutou Youro... after all he already done it while he was completely unable to withstand his weakest attacks, but by now not even him could beat Zoro without going at least a bit serious... and also, going back to the spoiler discussion, I agree with the fact that our Mr "best swordsman in the wolrd" should be able to cut to trough diamond, but I'm quite certain, like some people already mentioned, that hearing "the breath" of diamond is no easy task even for him and therefore we'll have to wait future chapters to see the swordmaster seriously engage Jozan and quite probably defeat him. And even if that has nothing to do with this... Doflamingo DF will be called Kugo Kugo no Mi! or whatewer abbreviation u can find for the Jap "Kugutsu" witch means "Puppet".

i don't beliece mihawk needs to "hear" "the breath of diamond" to cut it.especially on a DF user since mihawk MUST have incredible haki.

Romanov D Paul
August 04, 2009, 08:14 PM
Oh, Haki or not Haki I was simply refering to this (http://read.mangashare.com/One-Piece/chapter-195/page018.html), and a more clear explanation on what "breathing" means in this case is on the precedent page. Aside from relying on Haki, being Miahawk a swordsman(and we know of what kind),is quite simple to theorize that he must be quite familiar with this kind of technique and for sure he brought it to a much higher level then Zoro, who already used it and in particular against a DF user.

sh4dx
August 04, 2009, 08:21 PM
Oh, Haki or not Haki I was simply refering to this (http://read.mangashare.com/One-Piece/chapter-195/page018.html), and a more clear explanation on what "breathing" means in this case is on the precedent page. Aside from relying on Haki, being Miahawk a swordsman(and we know of what kind),is quite simple to theorize that he must be quite familiar with this kind of technique and for sure he brought it to a much higher level then Zoro, who already used it and in particular against a DF user.

i know what you mean man.i just told you that if zoro who hasn't haki and he "learned" to "hear the breath of steel" during the fight i DOUBT that mihawk is goin to "learn" it during his fight with jozu.it'll be TOO LAME if the world's best swordsman can't cut easily a diamond AND especially a DF DIAMOND USER..

bittman
August 04, 2009, 08:22 PM
Yeah, point is if Mihawk needs to rely on Haki to cut through a DF, it doesn't really show that Mihawk is that much more powerful than Zoro. If he's able to cut through diamond without Haki or a Devil Fruit, then we can go back to glorifying him as the strongest swordsman in the world.

Actually, I'd love it even more if Mihawk pulled out his little cross blade to stab through diamond the first time and make the division leader "get serious" before owning him.

Case in Point: If Mihawk struggles I'll be so unhappy...

jamjamstyle
August 04, 2009, 08:28 PM
The posted spoiler pics are so obviously fake, i can't believe that it was allowed to be posted in the spoiler thread. Someone plz remove them :facepalm

sh4dx
August 04, 2009, 08:28 PM
seriously IF mihawk can't beat just a diamond df user it'll be shameful.. honestly i believe that joz will understand (maybe on the next chapter) that he can't beat mihawk or even better WB tells jozu to fight someone else and not mihawk cuz he's gonna beat him up easily cuz he's the BEST SWORDSMAN IN THE WORLD

Romanov D Paul
August 04, 2009, 08:32 PM
As for the "learning" part I totally agree with you, I dount as well that he will need to learn this kind of technique right here and now :) The point here is a nit different: if Mihawk really has that powerfull Haki(witch is very possible)do u really think that his flying slash hurled to WB with all his might(or the like)was fired WITHOUT charging it with spirit energy? Would be kinda dumb from someone like him, testing his strenght against someone who he ALREADY acknowledged as stronger then him("I want to see I am still far from that man" or the like) without putting some real guts into it, right? Witch means that either his Haki, or supposed one, can't be carried trough flying slashes(lame seeing how Kuja warriors could transfer it to arrows and Raylaigh to his sword...1+1=2) or that Haki can't do the trick in this case... we'll see in the next future, I hope.

mr.danly
August 04, 2009, 08:39 PM
RAWR I don't get what the big deal is about Mihawk not cutting through Jozu... he's using AIR. I'm almost certain that Mihawk could rip through Jozu like butter if he directly slashed him, but he used an aerial slice from like a mile away. Not a big deal. This doesn't lower Mihawk's strength in any way.

sanrakusay
August 04, 2009, 09:00 PM

Piff.... Kizaru is an Admiral...

he really is on a different Level than Zorro and Mihawk...

and yeah Zorro was able to scratch that Cyborg Kuma
.. beating the shit out of mihawk doesn't necessarily mean that
he can win against him..

Mihawk can win against Zorro, but this time it looks like
Mihawk is going to have a hard time now..that's what im trying to say..
but you took it seriously...

one more thing, Zorro can collect energy from the universe and turn it into a giant energy ball...Mihawk's going to have a problem deflecting that.. LOL

sh4dx
August 04, 2009, 09:13 PM

he can win against him..

one more thing, Zorro can collect energy from the universe and turn it into a giant energy ball...Mihawk's going to have a problem deflecting that.. LOL

how do you know that an admiral is on a different level than mihawk ? from zoro it's obvious.but as we know MHQ-SHICH-YONKOU=3 great powers.we don't know anything yet if an admiral is stronger than the shich just because 2 admirals won easily against SH and that was because they both were logias and the SH are unexperienced.e.g how do u know that mihawk or kuma or doflamingo don't have haki so that can beat/hit the admirals ? as we have seen jinbei can hit ace who is logia so don't be so sure about admirals that they are on a different level from shich..

SenninSage
August 04, 2009, 09:32 PM

It seems nobody is considering the possibility that Mihawk potentially never used his most powerful attack and would perform an even stronger attack if he felt he needed to.

GeckoMoria
August 04, 2009, 09:49 PM
mihawk will cut Jozu. dont you guys worry. Thing is i have 2 theories on why Jozu can block the slash that seems so very important to everyone. 1. Mihawk might have put all his might and haki and etc. into that slash but maybe Jozu put all his might and haki and etc. into his block... idk diamond would be easily cut especially if Jozu is using haki too. 2. Maybe because he indirectly slashed with the air instead of directly with his sword it was weaker. A flying slash probably can't cut diamond... but a straight up kokuto Yoru to his diamond skin should do the trick.
Bouns theory!!! Mihawk had something in his ear when he slashed so he couldnt hear the "breath of diamond" lol

anyway the pics are fake remove them..... and i cant wait till the chapter comes out :D epic display of powers. however what is Marco's fruit? what power lets him shoot blues flames? Are they just sprouting out of his body or is he breathing them? cuz if hes breathing them then he could be a dragon man.. ryu ryu no mi?

moonster x
August 04, 2009, 09:56 PM
i dont know why do you people arguing about.... saying this guy cannot do this and the other people saying this guy can do it.... and owh!! this guy is weak and this guy is strong and he can cut the sea or whatever it is... yeeah! everyone has his favorite character and do believe how strong they are but we still dont know what gonna happen in this war or what ability or skill they have...:eyeroll

the pic spoiler look so fake... kinda taken from previous chapter... marco ability kinda cool....but why blue flame...it be great if it the purple flame :p

jtchinoy
August 04, 2009, 10:15 PM
Source 2ch

第553話『白い傷跡』
巻頭カラー海軍最新組織図みたいの

津波は島を結界でカバーして防ぎますが白ヒゲが薙屶で破り隊長&船員が一気に島に流れ込みます。

七武海はオマイラの予想を裏切り真剣に戦闘しますがハンコックの色気で海兵が勝手に石にwww

白ヒゲはエースを救う為にセンゴクの元へ向かいガープに阻止されますが抵抗虚しく斬りつけられ倒される。

マルコ&ジョズは大将2人と激闘するも押され気味

赤犬が白ヒゲ傘下をフルボッコにして楽しんでますwww

赤犬ルフィ達に気づき攻撃しようとしますがクマに邪魔される。

白ヒゲ&センゴク&ロジャー回想があって最後にセンゴクと白ヒゲが相討ちになりエースがオヤジー!!で終わり

一応代理ですが希望があれば画も用意出来ます。

暇人が16時30に来なければ投下します。

PICS I THINK THAT IS FAKE!!??

http://f.pic.to/yd7dz

Plz confirm!!
1st picture is from when kizaru first arrived at marinford.
2nd picture marco looks obviously pasted in front of kizaru and their proportions are far off.
3rd picture looks like from when kizaru fought the supernovas.

Wowzers
August 04, 2009, 10:36 PM
Lol! everyone keeps asking why a blue flame for Marco's power. Some people are hinting at a gas power... how about we just come right out and say "boo boo no mi" :XD

obamamania
August 04, 2009, 10:37 PM
You guys thought Whitebeard was gonna take on 3 admirals, 5 shikibukai, 100k marines, and the top marine all by himself? He brought an army of his own for a reason, and if they were unable to stand a chance then he would not have come to rescue Ace so confidently. It's not like Mihawk got beaten lol, not even close so...chill.

Dr. Vegapunk
August 04, 2009, 10:52 PM
I cant believe these spoilers until the real thing comes out, so far the past 3 to 2 spoilers were faulty in some parts. The one with the bounties of NW pirates and Akainu getting washed out with 50,000 pirates by WBs' tsunami. So everyone, dont believe the spoilers until maybe tomorrow when we might get pics and translations with it. Blue Flame blocks Akainu attack??? I cant believe this..........unless Marco has the ability to copy a DF he's seen and experienced.

Seppuku
August 04, 2009, 11:35 PM

he can win against him..

I don't think Zoro has such a skill. That belongs to Kuma. Zoro might be much stronger now too, but Mihawk is the BEST who stands at the top. And if Luffy still can't compare to a pacifista or an admiral, you can't expect Zoro to give the best swordsman a hard time. He only managed to land a surprise scratch on Kuma too, and he can't even manage a pacifista, which isn't even the real thing. He'll probably last longer, of course, but I don't think he'll be anywhere near the top just yet. In any case, Zoro's all the way on some deserted castle island with Perona, it's not likely that he'll make it to the war-site.

Tomgoood01
August 04, 2009, 11:59 PM
The Pic of marco is so sick!!!!!! by the looks of it he looks like a Logia DF user, the flames look like parts of his body.

Oda could of just made two types of fire Logia's blue and red flames that be kinda cheap make it looks like hes running out of ideas. But i refuse to belive it i think Maro's abilty is quite unique and diff from Ace

Dark God Zeus
August 05, 2009, 12:35 AM
People keep commenting how Mihawk should be able to cut through Jozu like butter, but why are people disregarding Jozu's strength? He's the 4th strongest man on Whitebeard's ship, which is saying alot. His fruit should be alot like Mr. 1's, but obviously Jozu will have mastered and learned more about his devil fruit, so I'm expecting he'll be able to do more than Mr. 1 could do with steel. Say shoot diamond shards from his body, or create a diamond stalagmite. Also just fighting close range with Mihawk.

Mihawk did a long-range aerial attack, we don't know if he put his whole power into it/haki, or even his most powerful attack, and even then he sent it at Whitebeard so maybe he didn't go all out just to gauge his strength vs Whitebeard, but Jozu intervened (not knowing anyone would intervene, and that person would have the diamond devil fruit).

And furthermore, who's to say Mihawk can't advance in this fight. Maybe his next goal was to cut diamond, like Zoro's steel, so this could be a good opportunity for him to do so. Also, one thing I've learned from large-scale anime battles is if people are smart they'll know when to switch opponents, so say Jozu could switch to fight Kizaru and Marco could fight Mihawk, etc.

Marco

eh, he's a bit ambiguous right now, we can't really see his power. Since Jozu seems to have a diamond devil fruit which in essense is a power up of the steel devil fruit, a blue-devil fruit would just be a power up of ace's in theory. However, I'm going to give Oda benefit of the doubt, he hasn't let me down before. Gas fruit?, etc. But he deflected Kizaru's attack, can't imagine how fire...or gas could do that.

Whitebeard

He incapacitated Aokiji, but obviously aokiji will come back. So, will he fight him? Someone else? Or stay back and watch everyone else fight (ala current ark in bleach, see Yamamoto).

Akainu

Obviously a magma fruit isn't too far off what some people expected, but spoilers still not official. Although if we have three fire-based fruits in the area....that'd be a bit disappointing, even if Magma can be alot different because it's a liquid. I'm still hoping for a rose rose fruit, but whatever Oda gives us I'm sure it will deliver

Others

Still plenty of match ups to be had, and who's to say that some of the NW captains/whitebeard's crew can't fall, and have say Crocodile/Ivankov/Luffy take their place?

predsfan
August 05, 2009, 12:39 AM
I'm suddenly reminded of when Mr. 1 asked Zoro if he was going to cut through diamonds next. Maybe we'll find out if Mihawk has already beat him to it. I wonder what the other SB are up to.

Anyways, it looks like this chapter was used to setup the match ups for the battle. I'm really looking forward to seeing what Garp's going to do in this battle. I hope we get to see his true strength in this battle. My thinking is either him or more likely Sengoku will face off against Whitebeard seeing as they are from the same generation.

Tomgoood01
August 05, 2009, 12:42 AM
He's the 4th strongest man on Whitebeard's ship, which is saying alot.

I dont think it was ever stated the he was the 4th strongest man on Whitebeards ship he may have the 3 division seat but those numbers are not ranks cause Ace just got the second divison captian title because it was just open.

Dim
August 05, 2009, 01:10 AM
i personally dont believe the mihawk part fo the spiler is true! it deosnt seem like him!!!

the rest of the spoiler seems pretty ligit- we've had a lot of fake thigns about the spoilers lately where part of it is true
i believe jozou is a diamond man coz that is sweet!- seems more like diamond could reflect kizarus kick if anything. and no blue flames???
but a gas man is pretty sweet- but id think oda would have made marco the type of guy who smokes if that were the case

and i doubt akainu is a larva man or wateva!
but yeh if alot of the spoiler is fake- then the person who created it should be oda's side kick, coz there are soem pretty sweet ideas!

guess well see
[hr]
oh yeh whitebeards army is almost perfect agaisnt the marines
ace- aokoji
jozou against all teh sowrdsmen :p except future zoro
marco against kizaru apparently

seems pretty coincidental!

Max Mojito
August 05, 2009, 01:36 AM
lol i hope those other pirates r stronger than they look the other commanders they look pretty weird lol

Sakechi
August 05, 2009, 01:53 AM
Why do everyone thinks that if Mihawk is the best swordsman in the world, then he should be capable to easily fight (and beat) Jozu?
Being the best swordsman isn't being the strongest fighter. Jozu can still beat him.
And diamond in One Piece world isn't the hardest thing to break. Don't forget Kairouseki (Seastone).

Tomgoood01
August 05, 2009, 02:08 AM
WOW the epic pics are out we got a whole bucnch of shit to see ...enough of jozu and mihawk

Spider zoan jaguar zoan for the vice admrials some new and old are shown acouple missing by the way

finally at least 5 divsion captians are offially shown one of them is the mustache man wich i was 100% sure he was a captian and another guy with head phones that looks like Apoo proboly they are from the same tribe. there a guy with a gunarm that was from spade priates hes proboly in the second divsion i assume. also finally oda has shown more fishmen i knew there were some in the whitebeard pirate crew

hyugasosby
August 05, 2009, 02:10 AM
Here the images in better quality and in Spanish :p

http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/8633/55312.jpg

http://img188.imageshack.us/img188/7910/55322.jpg

http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/8885/55342.jpg

http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/5430/55352.jpg

http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/1641/55362.jpg

dsr
August 05, 2009, 02:22 AM
I don't think this will be a totally epic chapter, but we will have a great character showcase.

k-dom
August 05, 2009, 02:35 AM
Concerning marco, it is an ability which was effective against kizaru so I don't think it is fire flame since heat does not seem very usefull against light or laser

It seems the fight will be shichibukai and admiral against whitebeard and division commander and captains against vice admiral. That looks promising, also we don't have clear 1 on 1 fights yet. But we have only a few part of the chapter, maybe there is more than what is said in the spoiler

Duc :D
August 05, 2009, 02:42 AM
wow whos this like young garp looking and similar momonga suit wearing vice admiral xD can't wait fotr the chapter^^

sindergi
August 05, 2009, 02:54 AM
I like these pictures.....especially the one with the vice-admirals. the huge vice-admiral with the mask looks really great.
This will defintely not an epic chapter like the last two - but it will still be really cool.
And to be honest we´re really spoiled with last two chapters :D

Dim
August 05, 2009, 03:38 AM
yeh these last few chapters have been crazy- oda is definatly treating us :)
i think this is epic in its own way!
see shbukai figting with division captains
everyone attacking white beard
and admiral getting smashed
soem new vice admirals show up- that garp looking guy will prob be luffy's version of what garp was to Goldroger lol

heaps awsome stuff!

Knives122
August 05, 2009, 03:43 AM
yeh these last few chapters have been crazy- oda is definatly treating us :)
i think this is epic in its own way!
see shbukai figting with division captains
everyone attacking white beard
and admiral getting smashed
soem new vice admirals show up- that garp looking guy will prob be luffy's version of what garp was to Goldroger lol

heaps awsome stuff!

That right belongs to Smoker in my opinion.

chitgoks
August 05, 2009, 04:10 AM
wow ... the vice admirals seems to all be the same ... swordsmen

toxun
August 05, 2009, 04:13 AM
Btw where's PX & Sentoumaru? They didn't show up here or they did something elsewhere? It seemed Joz will faced Mihawk (could Mihawk cut diamond?) & Marco will deal with Borsalino. Who'll deal with other Admiral? Will Shirohige deal with them personally? Ah I ask to many question :p. But the truth this is this going to be The Finale of Battle in the Old World I guess (whatever they've called the first part of grand line)

Dim
August 05, 2009, 04:56 AM
yeh smoker or Coby! but still we're half way through so there could still be a lot of people to be introduced! id put smoker for admiral position one day...
i rekon ace will lead the whitebeard pirates after this war!
i can see jozou using kizarus light attacks to go through him and hit other marines.

and who knows there still might be heaps pf pacifictas waiting for a signal!

and im picking boa "stoning" alot of weaker marines when luffy comes!
[hr]
oops i just looked at the pics damnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!
jozou is seriously worth his wieght in diamonds :p

one of the guys comming with the mustache man's team- looks like those tards that are chasing chopper! he had a similar weapon that shot spears!

and there is a giant yeoooowww giant fights in a huge war
[hr]
i dunno whether this makes a difference with marko and kizaru

but one of the types of light sources- is flames- blue flames/ thermal emiisions are usually not visible and are as a result of the higher tempreture- i think ultra violet coloured flames are the highest not sure?

so i dunno if marco reaches a different level of heat- compared to normal fire. still put him as a gas man or soemthing...

sindergi
August 05, 2009, 05:04 AM
so i dunno if marco reaches a different level of heat- compared to normal fire. still put him as a gas man or soemthing...

Maybe these are really condoms on his belt - if he is a gasman this would make sense - exploding ballons :D

DevilWarCry
August 05, 2009, 05:06 AM
It seems some ppl underestimate Marco and Jozu. Seriously why do you think did Oda intrduce them in a full page with infoboxes if they are not strong? Not to mention that WB cant beat every Admiral+Sengoku+Garp. So those two must be on high tier level (Admiral|Yonko) as well!

Also Mihawk as the strongest swordsmen is only the strongest among swordsmen. So there is the possibibliy that he might lose to Jozu. I dont think Mwk is gonna lose but he will have a hard time dealing with Jozu.

Anyway Whitbeard is the god. Strongest man alive. I hope with this chapter there zont be any Mwk vs WB threads. Just left is BB...

Antares
August 05, 2009, 05:28 AM
So, Mihawk is really possibly on par with Jozu, and i hope Marco (1st division captain) will be truly equal to Kizaru. Because Ace is equal to a Schichibukai, right? So it'd be natural if Marco is even stronger.

And about Whitebeard's power, i'm really curious about to what extent he can shatter things with his Quake Fruit. Kuma can repel "anything", including intangible things like "pain", "damage" and elements. I really hope Whitebeard's power, as the strongest in the world, goes even beyond that. Isn't it cool if Whitebeard can make memories, any kind of ability, or knowledge, or perception, crumble? :amuse

DevilWarCry
August 05, 2009, 05:33 AM
Because Ace is equal to a Schichibukai, right? So it'd be natural if Marco is even stronger.Mwk is a shichi as well and I think he can fight a admiral|yonko on equal grounds. Not to mention that he is probaply stronger than Shanks who is a yonko himself. So why are you putting the Shichi belowe them? There are some weaker Shichi and some stronger.

I also dont get why you are already putting Ace belove Marco..

Host Samurai
August 05, 2009, 05:37 AM
So, Mihawk is really possibly on par with Jozu, and i hope Marco (1st division captain) will be truly equal to Kizaru. Because Ace is equal to a Schichibukai, right? So it'd be natural if Marco is even stronger.

I think so too about the Mihawk and Jozu case.

The world's greatest swordsman is unable to cut diamond with Jozu as his opponent... Hawkeyes can only get better by defeating him and I like that idea, because this means more screentime and character development for him. I really want to know his background.

k-dom
August 05, 2009, 05:54 AM
saying these are stronger than those at the moment is pure speculation. We have seen no one in a real fight beside Kuma and maybe Kizaru.
Also remember CP9 the initial opponents were not the final ones.

wing_gundam
August 05, 2009, 07:11 AM
Idk, 3 fire based DF abilities, smoke and candle wax?

I think Oda is getting lazy.

PS I think it's time we saw ppl with 2 fruit abilities.

tothx
August 05, 2009, 07:20 AM
2 fruit abilities is in the current state of one piece impossible. The closest you can get is to have a fruit ability + fruit items. Im sure vegapunk might do something funny though

Chocolove77
August 05, 2009, 07:42 AM
I don't remember in which chapter but it was already stated that you can't eat two devil's fruits because the curse would be so enormous it would make your body explode.

Organizized
August 05, 2009, 07:51 AM
Here's (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/385/03/) where it's discussed. ;)

Yeah, as far as we know it's not possible to eat two fruits (it was the CP9 who talked about it). It's been discussed, though, whether or not that's just something they have spread out in the public so no one will dare to eat another one. I don't believe in that though, because that's just a way for people to get around the fact that Oda stated himself it's impossible. :p

SilversDKRayleigh
August 05, 2009, 07:55 AM
It looks like one of the VA has a spider DF.

Organizized
August 05, 2009, 07:59 AM
Finally we have the pictures! ^^ The division commanders look so friggin cool. :o I want to see Jinbei look-alike, though. ><

Also, Vice Captains, yay~~~~! T-Bone, Momonga, and yeah one of them seems to have some kind of spider DF or at least one that provides him with lots of arms (in the picture he has at least Santoryuu). One of them dresses just like Garp and actually looks like Garp did in his flashbacks... :amuse

chitgoks
August 05, 2009, 08:06 AM
I think so too about the Mihawk and Jozu case.

The world's greatest swordsman is unable to cut diamond with Jozu as his opponent... Hawkeyes can only get better by defeating him and I like that idea, because this means more screentime and character development for him. I really want to know his background.

no matter how better hawkeyes can be, he can never cut diamond. else, what's the point in having that df. hmm

lonelytaka
August 05, 2009, 08:08 AM
Finally we have the pictures! ^^ The division commanders look so friggin cool. :o I want to see Jinbei look-alike, though. ><

Also, Vice Captains, yay~~~~! T-Bone, Momonga, and yeah one of them seems to have some kind of spider DF or at least one that provides him with lots of arms (in the picture he has at least Santoryuu). One of them dresses just like Garp and actually looks like Garp did in his flashbacks... :amuse
can you let me see the image that you say one of them dresses just like garp, can or not?

DutchPhoenix
August 05, 2009, 08:27 AM
no matter how better hawkeyes can be, he can never cut diamond. else, what's the point in having that df. hmm

seems like a zoro vs mr.1 situation :D

tothx
August 05, 2009, 09:03 AM

Worlds best swordsman, remember? It's not going to end with an uncuttable enemy, he is Zoro's ultimate goal and nobody but Zoro will ever defeat him. Diamond is simply going to be the hardest thing Hawkeye has cut till now, once he manages. (Imo he'll cut it pretty soon, he just didnt expect the diamond thing on the last slash)

Raijū
August 05, 2009, 09:04 AM

Where do you see t-bone and the one one you think has spider df is named Onigumo, and it's probably tha he has the same ability than boa sandersonia and CP9 Kumadori (the ability to control his hair)

Yans86
I guess Rayleigh would really like to kidnap Jozu and sell him,to have some pocket cash to gamble :-D

Anyway don't worry about Mihawk,he is the real powerhouse!he doesn't even look worried...more kind angry....Mihawk:Do u wanna fight me??FUck that....PWN!!!!

Schabrak
He could have his own little diamond sword. :) Or mithril... (It's a fantasy story after all. XD)

All I need now is a big color spread with those WB guys. I just hope to see some nice action from the vice-admirals, with them not having DFs abilitys.

Rotten The Wizard
August 05, 2009, 09:08 AM
Oda is God!Oda is God!Oda is God!Oda is God!

this is just too epic *dead explodes*

Dark_Pirate_King
August 05, 2009, 09:14 AM
OMG this is gonna be a frigging epic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!i just hope there wont be any holidays or other brakes coming in near future

ScratchmenApoo
August 05, 2009, 09:30 AM
did you know when you put omg, you will get banned.

And why is that?

Anyways... english subbed scanlation coming tomorrow.... can't wait.. so excited...

I am more interested in the New World pirate captains as well, or their nakama... because they'll probably have wicked devil fruits as well...

Hitsug@ya ta1ch0u
August 05, 2009, 09:30 AM
OMG this is gonna be a frigging epic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!i just hope there wont be any holidays or other brakes coming in near future

Next week actually :oh

But anyway in the VA line up I see a few new guys Including a new Giant. Just how many Giants do the Marines have http://read.mangashare.com/One-Piece/chapter-550/page006.html
six here plus John Giant, speaking of which were are John Giant, Garp, Tsuru, and Komir???

DARK
August 05, 2009, 09:39 AM

Next week- no chapters, unfortunately, and just when things are getting good on all ends- Naruto, Bleach, One Piece.

k-dom
August 05, 2009, 09:45 AM
I wonder if one day, one chapter of One Piece will not be categorized as epic. Honnestly this week is not more special than usual. If it's epic it's more in the original sence of the word

DARK
August 05, 2009, 09:48 AM
I wonder if one day, one chapter of One Piece will not be categorized as epic. Honnestly this week is not more special than usual. If it's epic it's more in the original sence of the word

Frankly I think the majority of the Skypiea and Thriller Bark chapters were not "epic." In my opinion, OP has a pattern of epicness; Alabasta, CP9, Impel Down Arc.

monkey D luffy
August 05, 2009, 10:06 AM

most chapters throughout the series were not that epic especially thriller bark arc and the start of amazon lily (which was more a comedy then action) but since the start of ID arc every chapter had so many revelations and epic scenes you just can t descrive it other wise, from the panel where luffy shouts fooooooooooooddddddddddddd! to the air cracking WB you cant call the chapters regular, the only word that can descrive them is epic. i dont want the epicness to end however this is going to be a thorne in the story cuz now we are getting used to epic chapter after another, what will happene when the war will be over? it will not be too epic and people might get disappointed.