PDA

View Full Version : Gecko is bored, go post something~

Gecko Moria
August 02, 2009, 04:35 AM
Hello there :) Yoroshiku ~ A pleasure to meet you.

I'm the newest moderator of the One Piece and Bleach section. I go by the user-name of Gecko Moria but people usually abbreviate that to Gecko or GM. I've also had the experience of being referred to as "Batman" or "that kid". I don't really mind what you call me :p

A couple of basic facts about me:

1. I'm a huge fan of One Piece and Bleach. I attempt to read them weekly and you can usually find me hanging around the Tree of Knowledge and the Biblioteca de Bleach. I'm also a fan of Prince of Tennis, Fullmetal Alchemist, Hitman Reborn! and numerous other manga.

2. Though not MH certified, I also happen to be a proof-reader. It seems to be the only job in the manga scanlation process I happen to be good at :darn. I have worked for cxc scans, rycolaa and often do one chapter for various groups as a proofreader-for-hire. So if you have anything you want proof-read, feel free to contact me and I'll see what I can do.

3. Outside of manga and anime, my hobbies include tennis, table tennis, badminton (basically any sport that involves a racquet), surfing the internet and reading novels.

So grab a book, reading glasses, your imagination and step inside!

hatsuharupeace
August 02, 2009, 05:05 AM
Hey 'that kid'. What's up man? =D

How's the feeling of being a mod been for you?

Gecko Moria
August 02, 2009, 05:22 AM
Hey 'that kid'. What's up man? =D

How's the feeling of being a mod been for you?

It's quite an enjoyable job. It's nice to help out the community and keep the forums in order. I try not to delete posts though (unless it's an utterly hopeless post), rather I give suggestions to improve it and let the user fix it themselves so they can learn to post better in the future. The only problem I've encountered so far is that I seem click the "edit" button when I want to quote :darn I guess I'm not used to that extra button yet :blink

blai
August 02, 2009, 06:36 PM
Hello batman! OP and Bleach eh? Happy for you that they are smooth, even tho both of them are big sections. Cool that hatsu-KYUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN (ehm sorry) has a fellow countryman in the staff.

Are you in any group now, or are you a freelancer?

Unicorns or ponies?
Moe moe kyun?
Pink or Purple?

Don't you dare give me the wrong answers ¬¬"

Kaiten
August 02, 2009, 09:16 PM
Welcome to the team Gecko!!

As a fellow reader I'm curious about some of your favorites. Any authors, styles, subjects, genres, era you particularly like?

hatsuharupeace
August 03, 2009, 07:53 AM
@that kid: Nice to hear that you've settled in quickly. ^^ Read TRC yet?

@Blai: He's close enough, but I need a true Aussie! Sorry Gecko. =P ;bash:xp And hatsu-kyunnnnnn indeed.

Gecko Moria
August 03, 2009, 04:33 PM
Hello batman! OP and Bleach eh? Happy for you that they are smooth, even tho both of them are big sections. Cool that hatsu-KYUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN (ehm sorry) has a fellow countryman in the staff.

A little bit of moderating a day keeps the spammers away :amuse
Like hatsu says, I'm from New Zealand and he's from Australia. It's a two hour plane ride from Auckland (NZ) to Sydney (Aussie). I wonder sir, have you ever visited NZ or Australia?

Are you in any group now, or are you a freelancer?

Heh, heh:sweatbunny. Technically I am still in a few groups, but I haven't done any proofreading work for a long time. Anyway, I've always been a freelancer so I'll be happy to help anyone that needs help :)

Unicorns or ponies?
Moe moe kyun?
Pink or Purple?

Don't you dare give me the wrong answers ¬¬"

Unicorns
I don't know what a "moe moe kyun" is :darn
Pink

Welcome to the team Gecko!!

As a fellow reader I'm curious about some of your favorites. Any authors, styles, subjects, genres, era you particularly like?

Thanks Kaiten. Nice to meet another fellow reader. As for my favorites I very much enjoyed Dan Brown's books (e.g. The Da Vinci Code, Angels and Demons, Deception Point, Digital Fortress). I like the mystery that Mr. Brown blends in with the action. Additionally, he writes so well that his stories almost seem real, definite awesomeness.

I'm also quite fond of Malcolm Rose's Traces (http://www.malcolmrose.co.uk/books.htm) series. Set in the future, it's about a Forensic Investigator named Luke Harding and his right hand machine Malc as they solve various murders. The books are a work of genius.

Other worthy mentions:
Anthony Horowitz's Alex Rider series
Robert Muchamore's CHERUB series
Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events
Derek Landy's Skulduggery Pleasant series
Chris Ryan's Alpha Force series
James Patterson's Maximum Ride series
etc. etc. (I'm bound to have missed a few)

I'm not too pedantic about what genre I read, but judging from the books I enjoy I seem to read action/mystery type series a lot. What genre are you fond of Kaiten? And would you care to recommend me something?

@that kid: Nice to hear that you've settled in quickly. ^^ Read TRC yet?

:nod I couldn't find the first volume in the library (or was it that I wanted to skip into the current story faster :p) so I started with volume 12. I'm currently reading volume 20.

Fai reveals the truth behind his traitorous actions and his dark past.

◆ T.D.A ◆
August 03, 2009, 06:46 PM
Hey you told me to post in this thread, so here you go, do I get a cookie? /me gives T.D.A a cookie

And who's your favourite Naruto character?

Gecko Moria
August 03, 2009, 06:52 PM
Hey you told me to post in this thread, so here you go, do I get a cookie?

And who's your favourite Naruto character?

Nice talking to you on IRC: so you do read One Piece after all :)
My favorite Naruto character is either Kakashi or Shikamaru. I like Kakashi's personality and abilities and Shikamaru's a genius.

◆ T.D.A ◆
August 03, 2009, 07:00 PM
Kakashi yeah, did you watch Kakashi Gaiden in the anime? It was super.

Gecko Moria
August 03, 2009, 07:47 PM
Kakashi yeah, did you watch Kakashi Gaiden in the anime? It was super.

Nah, I don't really watch the Naruto anime all that much. The only episode I think I saw was when Naruto used his Rasen-Shuriken on Kakuzu (which was recommended to me). Anyway, what's the Kakashi Gaiden about?

ibra87
August 04, 2009, 04:08 AM
Anyway, what's the Kakashi Gaiden about?

Σ(゚Д゚ )

You didn't read Naruto? It's about Kakashi's past and how came to be what he became.

Gecko Moria
August 05, 2009, 03:06 PM
Σ(゚Д゚ )

You didn't read Naruto? It's about Kakashi's past and how came to be what he became.

I do read Naruto...once a month. I probably missed it because I've skipped heaps of Naruto chapters :tem

blai
August 05, 2009, 03:35 PM
Your assignment for tomorrow is to learn everything about moe moe kyun. Not until then you're a full member of our awesomeclub \o/

Kaiten
August 07, 2009, 10:48 AM
Thanks Kaiten. Nice to meet another fellow reader. As for my favorites I very much enjoyed Dan Brown's books (e.g. The Da Vinci Code, Angels and Demons, Deception Point, Digital Fortress). I like the mystery that Mr. Brown blends in with the action. Additionally, he writes so well that his stories almost seem real, definite awesomeness.

I'm also quite fond of Malcolm Rose's Traces (http://www.malcolmrose.co.uk/books.htm) series. Set in the future, it's about a Forensic Investigator named Luke Harding and his right hand machine Malc as they solve various murders. The books are a work of genius.

Other worthy mentions:
Anthony Horowitz's Alex Rider series
Robert Muchamore's CHERUB series
Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events
Derek Landy's Skulduggery Pleasant series
Chris Ryan's Alpha Force series
James Patterson's Maximum Ride series
etc. etc. (I'm bound to have missed a few)

I'm not too pedantic about what genre I read, but judging from the books I enjoy I seem to read action/mystery type series a lot. What genre are you fond of Kaiten? And would you care to recommend me something?

Looking forward to the Lost Symbol!?

I read a lot of non - fiction: European history, economics, and politics. I occasionally dip into fiction, usually manga substitutes for prose fiction. I just finished Free, by Chris Anderson. He's the editor of Wired Magazine, the book looks out how the economics of free works on the internet. Phenomenal book, easy to understand for a non - professional like me, but plenty of information. Really recommended to anyone interested. I haven't picked out my next book, but as I work at a book store that's just matter of time.

Gecko Moria
August 09, 2009, 03:28 AM
Looking forward to the Lost Symbol!?

I read a lot of non - fiction: European history, economics, and politics. I occasionally dip into fiction, usually manga substitutes for prose fiction. I just finished Free, by Chris Anderson. He's the editor of Wired Magazine, the book looks out how the economics of free works on the internet. Phenomenal book, easy to understand for a non - professional like me, but plenty of information. Really recommended to anyone interested. I haven't picked out my next book, but as I work at a book store that's just matter of time.

Definitely. The Robert Langdon series is the epitome of Dan Brown's writing genius. Judging from the books you read, you must be a very knowledgeable person Kaiten :o

Kaiten
August 10, 2009, 12:01 PM
I guess >///<

I work in a book store and spend waaaay to much time around books. Talking about books. Recommending books. Finding books. When I see something interesting on the shelf I usually end up buying it.

[Cross]
August 11, 2009, 05:17 PM
So you've become a mod, you're certainly moving up in the world, congrats.

Gecko Moria
August 16, 2009, 03:41 AM
I guess >///<

I work in a book store and spend waaaay to much time around books. Talking about books. Recommending books. Finding books. When I see something interesting on the shelf I usually end up buying it.

So I take it that you're pretty good with books? :p Go be an author! I wish I had more time to read, but since I did pretty poorly in my last set of exams, I'm putting in 120% into studies, especially Science. I really hate Science, messes me over in every set of exams -_-; Anyone here any good at Science?

;1511512']So you've become a mod, you're certainly moving up in the world, congrats.

Thanks [Cross] :)

Kaiten
August 16, 2009, 11:55 AM
My dream job is to be a college professor; history, political science, or economics. Writing, at some point, becomes part of the job.

I've been working at a bookstore for about two years now, exposed to pretty much every book that comes out. Sometimes I can't help myself, or get brain washed into buying things. I still read more manga then anything else ;)

blai
August 16, 2009, 02:44 PM
;1511512']So you've become a mod, you're certainly moving up in the world, congrats.

I tell ya, before you know it, he's red and the site's name has become "Geckosparadise"

Raysen_ht
August 20, 2009, 08:06 PM
Hi Moria-sama (must say that i dont like this character..he is my least favourite Shishibukai).
Anyway... here is a question that i basically ask every mod (probably cause i think its the best aspect of becoming one :p):
Why dont you have a cool subnick? Something like... The Shadow Puppeteer, or Zombie Master, or whatever?? Letting it say "MangaHelper" its like wasting an opportunity to be creative :amuse

Gecko Moria
August 22, 2009, 02:59 AM
My dream job is to be a college professor; history, political science, or economics. Writing, at some point, becomes part of the job.

:cheerbunny YAY for sharing your vast knowledge with others, Kaiten! Best of luck (not that you need it, you got skill :D) on your endeavors to be a professor.

I've been working at a bookstore for about two years now, exposed to pretty much every book that comes out. Sometimes I can't help myself, or get brain washed into buying things. I still read more manga then anything else ;)

I used to read more novels than manga, but that was when I was in primary/intermediate school with close to zero homework. Then, I entered high school and meet the beast named EXAMS. The true tragedy of my life. I read more manga now because it takes less time and is just as appealing as a novel.

I tell ya, before you know it, he's red and the site's name has become "Geckosparadise"

Wha...?! How did you know Blai? :o

Hi Moria-sama (must say that i dont like this character..he is my least favourite Shishibukai).
Anyway... here is a question that i basically ask every mod (probably cause i think its the best aspect of becoming one :p):
Why dont you have a cool subnick? Something like... The Shadow Puppeteer, or Zombie Master, or whatever?? Letting it say "MangaHelper" its like wasting an opportunity to be creative :amuse

Hello Raysen_ht-san. The origin of my user-name isn't really so much I like the character, but rather an encounter with fate (random luck). When I first joined the manga community a year and a half ago (I'd been reading manga for longer than that of course), Gecko Moria was the first name I saw since this was when the One Piece Thriller Bark arc just started. When I registered, I was pondering what to use as a user-name and the name Gecko Moria just floated in :amuse Also, I find geckos to be interesting creatures. As to your question about the MangaHelper user-title, it's not because moderators are uncreative and can't think of a good one, but rather because we find it's easier for users to distinguish us. As you might know, the moderators, trans-mods and manga database all share the same color now, so the only way to tell us apart is by user-title.

blai
August 22, 2009, 06:24 AM
I knowz them people!

Anyways, do you practice any sport gecko? :d like soccer or rugby? ;d

Gecko Moria
September 30, 2009, 02:47 AM
I knowz them people!

Anyways, do you practice any sport gecko? :d like soccer or rugby? ;d

I watch soccer and rugby but I'm not to fond of playing due to bad experiences in the past. A sport where your opponent is on the other side of the net is more preferable. I play tennis and ping pong for my school.
[hr]
EXAMS! :darn
[hr]
Now that exams are over and I have more time to read, I've decided to pick up one more series from my "things-to-read" list. Problem is, all three of the manga I have been recommended seem to be very interesting and after reading a few chapters from each I actually can't decide on which one to start reading. So, any help would be appreciated as I think I don't know enough about any of the three series to make a good decision. The three series are Psyren, Hitman Reborn! and D.Gray-man.

PS: I added a poll to make easier viewing. A good reason as to why the series is good would be much appreciated too :D

PSS: Feel free to recommend anything else besides these three as well.

ibra87
October 01, 2009, 06:13 AM
Erm, let's see:

D. Gray-man: Good series, I watched the anime which was good, but first part was filler-intensive and second part ended abruptly because of low rating. Manga should be pretty good though.

Hitman reborn: Also pretty good, but start may be slow since first part (a nice amount of volumes..) composes the "daily arc", introducing all the characters and environment, before starting the typical shonen arcs with bang bang boom. If you're up to surviving through the first volumes or at least enjoy that type of slow arc then Reborn is recommended. The anime show has taken the liberty of not putting the slow parts in one go but randomly after each serious arc. Both anime&manga recommended.

Psyren: Erm, it had a pretty interesting beginning but recently it hasn't impressed as much as before. Probably the type you need to read more than 1 at once to enjoy. Still good and recommended.

Winner: D.gray-man(Reborn IF you don't mind a slow start).
Psyren: Runner up, mostly because it's still new with 90-ish chapters.

Kaiten
October 01, 2009, 10:46 AM
I second D. Gray Man. A good dark action shonen, a little more complex emotionally than average. Definitely one of the genres must read. I'm a big Psyren fan, not as essential as DGM but still a great newer series. The start is a little slow; at some point the mangaka realized he didn't need to make it a tournament manga and the plot really took off. Reborn starts fantastic, as more of a comedy series, develops into an excellent battle manga, but has devolved into cliches and plot holes over the last year IMO.

Nami
October 10, 2009, 09:40 AM
Oh, frankly speaking, I haven't read the rest yet, but DGM got the nods from me because it's more emo than the rest of the other shonen series I've read and even the anime is just awesome (if you skip the fillers). So, based on the votes, have you tried reading anything yet? ^^

Evil3ye
October 13, 2009, 06:43 AM
Yar.. you should read D.Gray-Man. It's not that bad, and the main villain group right there seems not to be such fodder, like in some other mangas v.v

Awkay, got some questions for you.

you're modding Bleach section, iirc, so what is you favorite character? your favorite Espada? and lets not forget about Hachigen (!) whaddu you think about him :tem

What kind of music do you enjoy in your freetime?

Gecko Moria
October 19, 2009, 03:59 PM
Oh, frankly speaking, I haven't read the rest yet, but DGM got the nods from me because it's more emo than the rest of the other shonen series I've read and even the anime is just awesome (if you skip the fillers). So, based on the votes, have you tried reading anything yet? ^^

I've started reading D.Gray-Man, just finished Volume 12 a couple of days ago (Chapter 118 approximately). D.Gray-Man is an excellent change to the series I usually read, it has a "darker" plot, but is just as interesting. After proof-reading one of the chapters for Binktopia, I also read a couple chapters of Psyren.

Yar.. you should read D.Gray-Man. It's not that bad, and the main villain group right there seems not to be such fodder, like in some other mangas v.v

Awkay, got some questions for you.

you're modding Bleach section, iirc, so what is you favorite character? your favorite Espada? and lets not forget about Hachigen (!) whaddu you think about him :tem

What kind of music do you enjoy in your freetime?

Favorite character: Toshiro Hitsugaya and Rukia Kuchiki.
Hitsugaya's ice powers are extraordinary and Rukia has a lovable personality.

Favourite Espada: Ulquiorra Schiffer
IMO Ulquiorra has the most spectacular release of all the Espada and I despise Kubo for killing him so fast.

Hachigen: Minor character who has recently attained unnecessary attention.

Music: I don't have a particular type of music that I enjoy. Sometimes people recommend songs to me (so feel free to suggest) or I stumble upon one that I like by chance. For example:

Where is the Love? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJpyskHMwRs)
21 Guns (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSur5X022jE)
Ocean Avenue (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9fLbfzCqWw)
Reason (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aD-1ndkRQOo)
Ash Like Snow (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqXMxIebJWc)
...wide variety of songs

Kaiten
October 19, 2009, 04:12 PM
I've seen some of the reported posts; any idea why Hachigen has gotten so much attention lately? There are some passionate fans, apparently.

Gecko Moria
October 19, 2009, 04:41 PM
I've seen some of the reported posts; any idea why Hachigen has gotten so much attention lately? There are some passionate fans, apparently.

"Passionate fans" :amuse overestimated Hachigen to the point where the ideas posted became too opinionated and resulted in serious disagreements within the thread. All the drama is viewable here (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52946&page=14). Due to the unacceptable amount of reports from that thread, it was shut down.

godofthesunn
October 19, 2009, 04:44 PM
Geko should read none of the above and instead check out Hajime no Ippo. Thee finest sports manga ever.

Kaiten
October 19, 2009, 05:58 PM
"Passionate fans" :amuse overestimated Hachigen to the point where the ideas posted became too opinionated and resulted in serious disagreements within the thread. All the drama is viewable here (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52946&page=14). Due to the unacceptable amount of reports from that thread, it was shut down.

That is insane! I've never seen so many people getting so opinionated over a minor character. Pairings? Yes. Major arguments about plot? Yes. Over a character of Hachi's stature? No. Amazing. That could have been a fun thread too >.<

Nami
October 22, 2009, 10:32 AM
Favourite Espada: Ulquiorra Schiffer
IMO Ulquiorra has the most spectacular release of all the Espada and I despise Kubo for killing him so fast.

Talking about Ulquiorra, I've only recently catch up to his ending and I find it unsatisfying as well. I wish the whole thing could be more dramatic and he could have been one of those last villians they fought with.

Btw, why the name Gecko Moria? (oops assuming it hasn't been asked before)

Bugzee
November 20, 2009, 08:18 PM
Talking about Ulquiorra, I've only recently catch up to his ending and I find it unsatisfying as well. I wish the whole thing could be more dramatic and he could have been one of those last villians they fought with.

Is Gecko Moria your favourite OP character? Hence, why you have chosen it as a username?

Akiyama
November 29, 2009, 03:06 AM
What is your dream job?
Anything you are good in school?
Have you read DGM yet?

Gecko Moria
November 29, 2009, 06:51 PM

His death was especially disappointing because he was actually one of the characters in Bleach that had depth. As with all the Espada, Kubo built Ulquiorra to greatness and provided a less than satisfactory death.

I joined the manga community back in July 2008. That was about when the Thriller Bark arc started in One Piece, with Gecko Moria as one of the main antagonists. When registering, I just went with the first name that came to mind. I wonder what the story behind your username is, Nami :p

Is Gecko Moria your favourite OP character? Hence, why you have chosen it as a username?

No, my favorite One Piece characters are Luffy, Aokiji and Hancock.

What is your dream job?

Politician or chef

Anything you are good in school

Subject-wise, English and Japanese. In terms of sports, tennis and table tennis.

Have you read DGM yet?

Yes, currently up to the part where Cross defeats Tyki and Allen enters the 14th's room to play the piano (Volume 14). I am also watching the anime.

Bugzee
December 01, 2009, 08:37 PM
Do you like to sing in the shower? If yes, whats your favourite song to sing in the shower? :XD

If no, why not? :XD

thornofcarrion
December 04, 2009, 02:42 AM
Hello Gecko!

I haven't been in this thread :facepalm. How are you doing?

Random questions:

What are you reading currently?
What are you watching?
Your favorite anime and manga?

Kaiten
December 13, 2009, 04:51 AM
Hi Gecko!

I've always wanted to visit New Zealand. I know a few people who have been and say it is amazing. Out of curiosity: are you from the north island or south island?

Mushashi
December 13, 2009, 06:24 AM
Hello what was your first manga?
and what music do you like?

thornofcarrion
December 14, 2009, 02:45 AM
Have you seen the Bleach leaked video?

Gecko Moria
December 14, 2009, 07:27 PM
Do you like to sing in the shower? If yes, whats your favourite song to sing in the shower? :XD

If no, why not? :XD

I usually attempt to sing my latest favorite anime OP but that usually lapses in humming because I don't know all the Japanese words :darn

Hello Gecko!

I haven't been in this thread :facepalm. How are you doing?

Random questions:

What are you reading currently?
What are you watching?
Your favorite anime and manga?

Reading: One Piece, Bleach, One Piece, New Prince of Tennis, One Piece, Fullmetal Alchemist, One Piece, D.Gray-Man, One Piece, Ouran High School Host Club, Vampire Knight, One Piece etc.

Watching: One Piece, Gunslinger Girl, To Aru Kagaku no Railgun, Prince of Tennis~Another Story etc.

Favorite manga: One Piece
Favorite anime: Code Geass (R2)

Hi Gecko!

I've always wanted to visit New Zealand. I know a few people who have been and say it is amazing. Out of curiosity: are you from the north island or south island?

I live in the North Island, the business side. The South Island is the more tourist appealing due to the breathtaking scenery that can be found there. And sheep...

Hello what was your first manga?
and what music do you like?

Cardcaptor Sakura was my first manga and my taste in music varies widely.

Have you seen the Bleach leaked video?

The Ichigo vs. Ulquiorra ones?

thornofcarrion
December 25, 2009, 10:06 AM
Merry Christmas!!!!!!!

ghostexiled
December 26, 2009, 02:20 AM
For you Christmas present... I am going to tell you to read all of the options in the poll! Merry Christmas!

Kaiten
December 26, 2009, 02:38 AM
Merry belated Christmas Gecko!! Hope you enjoyed the holiday!

Evil3ye
December 26, 2009, 03:44 AM
I wish you a merry belated Christmas aswell Gecko :) and a happy new year

Bugzee
December 27, 2009, 09:54 AM
Merry belated Christmas Gecko-san! :thumbs

Akiyama
December 28, 2009, 05:36 AM
Do you have a manga collection?
What's the best time of the day for you?
What do you do when you have a headache?

thornofcarrion
December 28, 2009, 10:25 AM
Reading: One Piece, Bleach, One Piece, New Prince of Tennis, One Piece, Fullmetal Alchemist, One Piece, D.Gray-Man, One Piece, Ouran High School Host Club, Vampire Knight, One Piece etc.

Watching: One Piece, Gunslinger Girl, To Aru Kagaku no Railgun, Prince of Tennis~Another Story etc.

Favorite anime: Code Geass (R2)

Nice, I see One Piece being repeated many times lol.

The Ichigo vs. Ulquiorra ones?

Yep. It will be awesome, don' you think so.

Bugzee
December 28, 2009, 10:39 AM
Hey Gecko-san

What did you think of One Piece Ch. 569 :nuts???

Gecko Moria
December 29, 2009, 04:33 AM
Firstly, thanks for all the Christmas wishes. I hope everyone had an enjoyable Christmas and received plenty of presents. Now, we prepare to farewell 2009 and welcome 2010.

Do you have a manga collection?
What's the best time of the day for you?
What do you do when you have a headache?

Manga collection: I have a couple of manga volumes here and there (mostly Japanese). However, my real manga collection is actually on my computer. I currently have just about every chapter of One Piece, Bleach, Black Cat, Prince of Tennis and Fullmetal Alchemist on my hard-drive.

Best time of day: After 9 PM: generally the time I sit in front of my computer with an ice-cream soda or shortbread cookies (depending on the season) relaxing :amuse

Headache: I have a couple of Panadol tablets and attempt to forget about the headache by going online. If that fails I drink a cup of water and go to bed.

Nice, I see One Piece being repeated many times lol.

Really? :p

Yep. It will be awesome, don' you think so.

I hope it is but nothing can actually make up for Ulquiorra's disappointing end.

Hey Gecko-san

What did you think of One Piece Ch. 569 :nuts???

I could provide a detailed analysis of the chapter and an essay describing on opinions but I don't think that would be necessary because that chapter can be summed up in one word: EPIC :o What did you think of it?

blai
December 31, 2009, 06:23 AM
I do not approve of the poll results.

ghostexiled
December 31, 2009, 07:13 AM
^I think he should read them all! They are all really kickass mangas in their own right. :)

Evil3ye
December 31, 2009, 09:05 AM
I wonder if it's Tochiro Hitsugaya or Allen Walker he got in his ava ;/

blai
December 31, 2009, 10:24 AM
Happy new years mate! Have fun and take it easy tonight ;)

Kaiten
January 01, 2010, 12:22 AM
Happy New Years Gecko!!

Akiyama
January 01, 2010, 12:41 AM
http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa197/esker08/thumbnails/sexy_newyears_2.gif

I ran out of gifs :darn

ghostexiled
January 01, 2010, 01:31 AM
Happy a Great New Year!

thornofcarrion
January 01, 2010, 03:27 AM
http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb218/commentsjunkie/newyear/New-Years-Eve-2008-10.gif

Evil3ye
January 01, 2010, 05:21 AM
http://media.photobucket.com/image/happy%20new%20year/norahs5701/New%20Years/Happy-new-year-2.jpg

Bugzee
January 22, 2010, 01:53 PM
S'up Gecko!

What's been going on in your life recently???:blink Anything interesting??? :amuse

thornofcarrion
January 24, 2010, 12:20 PM
Hello Gecko!

how are you and where are you? It must be pretty hot in Australia. Watching Australian Open? Potro losing to Cilic, a big upset and how about the match between Roddick and Gonzales. Marvelous tennis to watch.

By the way, have you ever been Australian Open?

Gecko Moria
January 26, 2011, 02:23 AM
Yawn~ I can't believe how long it's been since I last posted in this thread :darn

S'up Gecko!

What's been going on in your life recently???:blink Anything interesting??? :amuse

Recently? Interesting? I got back my exam results a couple days ago and was very pleased with the results. And this week has been going really well, despite the fact that school started on Tuesday :D

Hello Gecko!

how are you and where are you? It must be pretty hot in Australia. Watching Australian Open? Potro losing to Cilic, a big upset and how about the match between Roddick and Gonzales. Marvelous tennis to watch.

By the way, have you ever been Australian Open?

How ironic it is that I'm replying one year later and the question is still partially relevant as the Australian Open is going on right now. Just to set the record straight, I live in New Zealand, not Australia. There is a distinction despite what many people in the world seem to think. Definitely some marvelous tennis to watch. Clijsters and Nadal are my predictions for the championship, though I would like Federer to win.

saladesu
January 26, 2011, 02:31 AM
Geckoooooooooooooo! :glomp

You're a fan of Federer? Meh, I like Nadal :hurr

Do you play tennis IRL?

How was your first day (or is it second day, now?) of school? :amuse

Gecko Moria
January 26, 2011, 04:34 AM
Geckoooooooooooooo! :glomp

You're a fan of Federer? Meh, I like Nadal :hurr

Do you play tennis IRL?

How was your first day (or is it second day, now?) of school? :amuse

saladesu~ :hug

Federer is the most talented tennis player the world has ever seen. While I admire Nadal's extraordinary endurance and ability to return seemingly untouchable shots, Federer just has this flair about him that puts him a tier above the rest. Just look at this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJuEzJEQ9N4) and this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l74WXhY7J5A) to see what I mean :o Watching Federer play is like watching a great artist paint a masterpiece.

Second day now, but school is going really well. Everyone's still talking about Cambridge exam results and it's good to know that you've done relatively well. How are things for you?

Googlez_kun
January 31, 2011, 08:58 PM
Woah!You finally decided to pick this thread up again!Congrats!Soo...here come some questiones:hurr

What's your favourite sport?Your favourite manga?Your favourite meal?Your favourite subject?
And did you start reading one of the manga from the poll?

Gecko Moria
February 03, 2011, 02:01 AM
Woah!You finally decided to pick this thread up again!Congrats!Soo...here come some questiones:hurr

What's your favourite sport?Your favourite manga?Your favourite meal?Your favourite subject?
And did you start reading one of the manga from the poll?

Favorite sport: Tennis
Favorite meal/food: Pizza and sushi (not at the same time though)
Favorite subject: English
Did I start reading one of the manga from the poll? Yes.

On a side-note, what manga is your signature from? And why don't you have an avatar?

~Coffee~
February 04, 2011, 08:03 PM
You came over and asked me this question and I am gonna bounce it right back to you.
Who is your favorite character from the Fate Series?

Gecko Moria
February 06, 2011, 11:27 PM
Saber :D

Her Majesty~
http://fuc.wdfiles.com/local--files/saber/saber530.png

I love Saber Lily as well, she's cute. Not a big fan of Saber Alter though, the whole evil thing doesn't really work for me.

~Coffee~
February 07, 2011, 05:40 PM
Yay as a character Alter isnt all that great, but she looks badass~

ibra87
February 07, 2011, 06:00 PM
Did you know that you can lift 250 45 250 pound despite your small size? :derp

Googlez_kun
February 17, 2011, 12:44 PM

Favorite sport: Tennis
Favorite meal/food: Pizza and sushi (not at the same time though)
Favorite subject: English
Did I start reading one of the manga from the poll? Yes.

On a side-note, what manga is your signature from? And why don't you have an avatar?

Tennis must be very expensive.Do you have to pay a lot for the playground?
Which one did you start reading?

My current sig is from Yotsuba&!,but i guess you meant the previous one,which was from 20th Century Boys,a masterpiece.
I don't have an avatar,because i don't know what to use.More like,i don't really need one.

Bugzee
May 02, 2011, 09:59 AM
Gecko-kun!! I've finally found your thread again!!!

http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h411/BugzeeFly/FF%20items/DERP_by_KamaeSakurai.png

How long has it been? How have you been? How's real life treating ya for the time being? :zomg

I'm not going to flood you with a long list of random questions, I'll keep it short:

- Favourite song atm?
- Do you follow any sports? Like NBA, NHL, etc?
- Have you/do you read any ecchi manga? :hurr
- You should check out the Mafia Game (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68286) in the Fun Forum. It would be great if you could play! The more, the merrier!
- You likin' the current flashback story in OP? You must be. ;P

Take it easy~ :bye

*wonders how long it'll take for Gecko to reply xP*

benelori
May 25, 2011, 06:35 AM
Yo! Long time no see! I see UR online:yelling...

How's life handling you or RU handling life?