PDA

View Full Version : Theory Lafitte is a Wingman!

Big Al
August 04, 2009, 06:33 PM
I just reread One Piece manga once again (and drunk again) and I never notice it before......

Lafitte is a Wing man!!! Take a look on top left, behide/around Lafeita's back http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/542/04-05/

Sorry if it already discussion but I am piss as a fart so I have no idea.

Organizized
August 04, 2009, 07:05 PM
Yeah, I mean, it was discussed in that chapter's discussion thread, but there isn't a thread specifically for it so I don't see any problem with this. I really don't see how you missed that before, though. :p

I do hope it is a Wing Wing Paramecia that lets him turn any part of his body into wings and not some kind of Zoan, though. He's my favorite in the Blackbeard crew and I'm no fan of Zoan fruits. :p (though, imagine the sight: a bird with a top hat, lipstick and cane flying around, that would actually be kind of hilarious :tem)

slippy
August 06, 2009, 12:51 AM
high five for drunkness

i can't see how the wings can be used as a weapon...so maybe he has something more to him that we don't know

JC123
August 06, 2009, 12:59 AM
He's been known to be pretty violent. So my guess, he's Sanji's opponent in the future.

But I really...

REALLY...

hope Sanji hasn't taken to the Okama Way... :facepalm

Freakzin
August 06, 2009, 01:37 AM
I think it goes like

Laffite x Brook (both musical)

Burguess x Sanji (both physical strength and no weapons)

Zoro x Shyriu (both swordsman)

Chopper x Doc Q (both doctors)

Luffy vs BB (both captain)

Ussop vs Van Auger (both snipers)

toxun
August 06, 2009, 01:55 AM
I thing he just Tori-tori no mi eater just like Pell. What really it is still unknown, but If pell is falcon, so I bet he's pigeon or seagull assuming his wings are white

ScratchmenApoo
August 11, 2009, 06:40 AM
I hope it's a Paramecia similar to Robin's. He could grow wings on anything or anyone, moving objects or moving other people. That, at least, would be stronger than just growing wings on himself (meaning more likely Zoan).

Superman
August 11, 2009, 02:11 PM
Yeah, I mean, it was discussed in that chapter's discussion thread, but there isn't a thread specifically for it so I don't see any problem with this. I really don't see how you missed that before, though. :p

I do hope it is a Wing Wing Paramecia that lets him turn any part of his body into wings and not some kind of Zoan, though. He's my favorite in the Blackbeard crew and I'm no fan of Zoan fruits. :p (though, imagine the sight: a bird with a top hat, lipstick and cane flying around, that would actually be kind of hilarious :tem)

I hope it's a Paramecia similar to Robin's. He could grow wings on anything or anyone, moving objects or moving other people. That, at least, would be stronger than just growing wings on himself (meaning more likely Zoan).

Would be cool~~~ but i think hes a griffin!

ScratchmenApoo
August 26, 2009, 08:30 AM
In my opinion it can't be Zoan, because when he supposedly is in his half-beast form, he doesn't show any similarity to an animal or any other body parts but wings. Every other character goes quite heavily different in half beast form. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Darker
August 26, 2009, 10:52 AM
In my opinion it can't be Zoan, because when he supposedly is in his half-beast form, he doesn't show any similarity to an animal or any other body parts but wings. Every other character goes quite heavily different in half beast form. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Marco can transform his arms into wings without being a half-beast form.

And he is a Zoan type :)

modoki
September 21, 2009, 12:05 PM
I think it goes like

Burguess will more likely fit against Franky than Sanji. Franky suits bigger, slightly heavy shaped opponents better. Burguess has no foot work, and Lafitte like in first post is better off.

Admiral Kizaru
September 21, 2009, 01:57 PM
I think it goes like

In my opinion it's should look like dis:

Laffite vs. Robin (both assasin type) or Sanji
Burguess vs. Franky ( similar size, mucha-lucha vs boks)
Shyriu vs. Zoro (swordsmen)
Doc Q vs. Chopper (doctors)
Van Auger vs. Ussop (snipers)
BB vs. Luffy (no need to explain :amuse)

Soo... we need only oponents for Sanji, Brook and Nami.

ScratchmenApoo
September 22, 2009, 07:13 AM
I think that BB vs. Strawhats should be in another topic.
Now, Lafitte's wing ability will be shown more adequately in the near future because I think BB will join the "party" in Marinford and start fighting. I always picture Lafitte growing wings on marines and dropping them into sea, making them fly into walls, or just high above and dropping them.

Razh
September 22, 2009, 07:27 AM
Seriously, I don't even know where this stupid idea of wing fruit even came from. It's really obvious that the guy has some bird zoan.
Some people doubted it was a zoan because his hands were the only part that transformed, but now that we have seen Marco transform in the same way, and we know he's a zoan, then there's really no doubt.

ScratchmenApoo
September 22, 2009, 07:39 AM
I doubt that Lafitte has a Mythical Zoan, and when Lafitte is in his supposed half-man, half-beast form & his hands are turned into wings, why didn't Pell have that? I would personally vote for Paramecia.

Razh
September 22, 2009, 08:03 AM
I doubt that Lafitte has a Mythical Zoan, and when Lafitte is in his supposed half-man, half-beast form & his hands are turned into wings, why didn't Pell have that? I would personally vote for Paramecia.

I never claimed that Laffite was a mythical zoan. That's funny. Or you think that only mythical zoans can partially transform.

And Pell was waaaaaaay back. I'd look for evidence in more recent events.
And btw, Pell only used one form of transformation. It isn't excluded that he could do more. Just because he turned completely, doesn't mean that it's the rule for bird zoans.

Anyway, this matter isn't really debatable, as far as I'm concerned.

Bugzee
November 06, 2009, 01:38 AM
It was neat when I first saw Lafittes wingman ability lol. Im leaning more to it being a zoan fruit! Don't think its a mythical zoan though!

Poneglyph420
November 06, 2009, 02:04 PM
I don't see how Lafitte could be anything but a Paramecia...
Have we ever seen anyone else with a Zoan only transform their arms or legs?
I really think his power as we have seen it describes itself.

Too bad he's not a feather logia......:blink

Razh
November 06, 2009, 02:27 PM

Just take a good look here - http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/554/02-03/

Yep, it's arms only. I hope now you see how he could be zoan.

Let me remind you. We saw only 3 bird zoans. Pell, Lafitte and Marco. We only saw one Pell's transformation. When you think about it, every time he transformed, the situation required that he transforms fully. One case is hardly enough to conclude that bird zoan's aren't able to transform only their hands, right? Wrong. There were tons of people, like you, thinking that bird zoans can't transform just their hands if they want to.
Then Marco appeared, revealed that he's a bird zoan and he has shown that a bird zoan can transform his hands alone if he wants, disproving the wing paramecia theory.

Why some people still think that Lafitte has paramecia, beats me...

Lord Rayleigh
November 06, 2009, 02:45 PM
I don't see how Lafitte could be anything but a Paramecia...
I really think his power as we have seen it describes itself.

Too bad he's not a feather logia......:blink

Actually, we have seen Marco with only his arms turned into zoan several times : here (http://img690.imageshack.us/i/avatar1283128gif.jpg/) and here (http://img14.imageshack.us/i/0405q.jpg/). So, Lafitte can still have a zoan and that would likely be a special zoan.

Poneglyph420
November 06, 2009, 03:16 PM
Just take a good look here - http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/554/02-03/

Yep, it's arms only. I hope now you see how he could be zoan.

Let me remind you. We saw only 3 bird zoans. Pell, Lafitte and Marco. We only saw one Pell's transformation. When you think about it, every time he transformed, the situation required that he transforms fully. One case is hardly enough to conclude that bird zoan's aren't able to transform only their hands, right? Wrong. There were tons of people, like you, thinking that bird zoans can't transform just their hands if they want to.
Then Marco appeared, revealed that he's a bird zoan and he has shown that a bird zoan can transform his hands alone if he wants, disproving the wing paramecia theory.

Why some people still think that Lafitte has paramecia, beats me...

Oh well Marco, the first and so far ONLY user of a Mythic Fruit was able mid-transformation to (at least for a moment) only have transformed wings. So I guess lafitte (who's ablility we don't know) must be able to as well. NO. One case isn't enough to determine anything.. exactly why your theory can't be proven. By the way I NEVER said Lafitte couldn't be anything, just suggested another option. While my opinion may differ I accept that and your theory as well is valid. Find me a bird book with Phoenix in it, then Marco has a bird zoan..

:facepalm

Razh
November 06, 2009, 03:34 PM
Oh well Marco, the first and so far ONLY user of a Mythic Fruit was able mid-transformation to (at least for a moment) only have transformed wings. So I guess lafitte (who's ablility we don't know) must be able to as well. NO. One case isn't enough to determine anything.. exactly why your theory can't be proven. By the way I NEVER said Lafitte couldn't be anything, just suggested another option. While my opinion may differ I accept that and your theory as well is valid. Find me a bird book with Phoenix in it, then Marco has a bird zoan..

:facepalm

Find you a bird book with Phoenix in it? :(

I have a photo of him, though:
But it's just a kid phoenix :phttp://farm4.static.flickr.com/3387/3222377147_665367b813.jpg

It doesn't matter that it's a mythical zoan, it's still a goddamn bird, not a fucking lizard. It has wings and a beak. If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck than it's probably a duck.

Poneglyph420
November 06, 2009, 03:59 PM
Find you a bird book with Phoenix in it? :(

I have a photo of him, though:
But it's just a kid phoenix :phttp://farm4.static.flickr.com/3387/3222377147_665367b813.jpg

It doesn't matter that it's a mythical zoan, it's still a goddamn bird, not a fucking lizard. It has wings and a beak. If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck than it's probably a duck.

While a phoenix is a Mythic bird, my point is that perhaps a mythic zoan has more abilities available than a "natural" zoan model. Pell and Marco of two very different models and Zoan types.

Not many birds can turn to blue flame or heal from a laser blast that's all...

Razh
November 06, 2009, 04:35 PM
While a phoenix is a Mythic bird, my point is that perhaps a mythic zoan has more abilities available than a "natural" zoan model. Pell and Marco of two very different models and Zoan types.

There isn't anything to point to it. All zoans should have 2 transformations available. A hybrid and a full form. (That's without counting in Chopper forms and awakened zoan.)
It's easy to draw a man-leopard hybrid for example, but it would be harder with birds, I believe.
I believe Pell only used the full form. He did transform completely into a bird every time, so that wasn't a hybrid. I reckon, the hybrid form is bird users transforming only their hands into wings.

It certainly makes sense more than paramecia wing fruit. If there was such a fruit than it should allow person to grow wings, so there wouldn't be a need for Lafitte to transform his hands into wings. You have to admit that a fruit that allows you to change your hands into wings is pretty lame. And I know, Bellamy's spring power was lame too, but we're talking about a member of Blackbeard pirates here.

Poneglyph420
November 06, 2009, 04:47 PM
There isn't anything to point to it. All zoans should have 2 transformations available. A hybrid and a full form. (That's without counting in Chopper forms and awakened zoan.)
It's easy to draw a man-leopard hybrid for example, but it would be harder with birds, I believe.
I believe Pell only used the full form. He did transform completely into a bird every time, so that wasn't a hybrid. I reckon, the hybrid form is bird users transforming only their hands into wings.

It certainly makes sense more than paramecia wing fruit. If there was such a fruit than it should allow person to grow wings, so there wouldn't be a need for Lafitte to transform his hands into wings. You have to admit that a fruit that allows you to change your hands into wings is pretty lame. And I know, Bellamy's spring power was lame too, but we're talking about a member of Blackbeard pirates here.

I totally agree if all that Lafitte can do is transform his hands to wings that's lame. 100% agreed. Just don't see how "normal" zoans and "mythic" can be so easily combined and compared. If "awakened" zoan have powers beyond the scope of normal zoans, won't "mythic" also "break the rules". But if Lafitte could grow wings on an enemy, fly them up 200 Meters and drop them, bad ass......

Just it's all speculation up til now, you do have some very good ideas. And I hope that Lafitte has a better power than any of us can imagine.
Knowing what Oda is capable of, I'm sure we will all be pleased in the end...

Dragon Walker
November 20, 2009, 05:58 PM
Well, some seems to insist that Lafitte ate a wing wing fruit, so far arguments sake, I tried to find a use for it.

The best I could come up with is that, if his specialty is indeed wings, then would it limit him to one type of wings? Now you might ask, "what is he babbling about?". The answer is simple. Say if he could switch the the angel-like wing shown in the pic where this whole wing stuff originated from, to say, Marco's burning phoenix wings. The use for that is kinda obvious, burning stuff. Metal wings that can act like blades. Insect wings that can give him the unique flying movement (Like going sideways, backwards, etc.) that birds don't have.

I know it's kind of a strange idea, and could indeed be very lame, but ever since Oda invented Gear 2 and 3, I know better than doubting his great mind.

Samui
November 21, 2009, 09:36 AM
Just because in one panel you saw him with him with his hands transformed into wings, doesn't mean he isn't a Zoan but a wing-man. It's the same as Onigumo's spider fruit; when he first revealed his ability, he was shown only with six arms on his back, he didn't transform into a spider back at that panel. Only the next chapter we could clearly see he's a spider.

So no, Laffite probably isn't a wing man, And I see no reason for him to be a mythical Zoan either, but some kind of a bird Zoan. That's the most logical assumption in my opinion.

Jiggy-Ninja
November 21, 2009, 01:23 PM
Pell has used his hybrid form at least once, possibly twice. We can see it most clearly in the fight against Robin.

http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/170/06/

You can clearly see that what he's grabbing his sword with are in front of his wings, indicating that they are arms, not legs. He also still appears to have his hair. This, to me, seems to be the hybrid form, and not the full falcon.

The other time could be against the masses of B.W. fodder he wasted in an instant, but I'm not sure / too lazy to look it up. :p

As for Lafitte's power, I do think a wing Paramecia would be cool, but I have to admit that a Zoan is more likely. So now the question is, what kind of Zoan is it.

For some reason that I myself don't even fully understand, I'm thinking a swan.

Bugzee
November 21, 2009, 04:07 PM
I still think its a zoan fruit. Maybe certain zoan fruits that allow you to fly (e.g. eagle, phoenix, etc) have different hybrid forms! With Lafitte only his hands were completly transformed right? With Marco, he still had his human legs when he was transforming and taking Kizaru's attack.

Hmmm, damn it we need to see more of the BB crew!!!

chess4
November 21, 2009, 04:13 PM
whatever fruit he has....it allows him to fly, so i guess we will see it more when the focus switches to BB and his crew

Jiggy-Ninja
November 25, 2009, 12:41 PM
I still think its a zoan fruit. Maybe certain zoan fruits that allow you to fly (e.g. eagle, phoenix, etc) have different hybrid forms! With Lafitte only his hands were completly transformed right? With Marco, he still had his human legs when he was transforming and taking Kizaru's attack.

Hmmm, damn it we need to see more of the BB crew!!!
For Marco, it seemed more like he did a partial transformation than an actual hybrid transformation.

Lucci, as I recall back in the CP9 arc, did a very small partial transformation against Luffy. I don't remember if it was an anime only thing, but Lucci briefly transformed his nails into claws while still remaining in his human form.

Fox666
November 28, 2009, 12:45 AM
It just seems that the Phoenix power remains in the human form.

urlaub
November 30, 2009, 09:50 AM
What is there so special about doing a partial transformation? Could this be a new advancement in the story, because this far there have only been some stages of transformation? So it's like a Sasuke partial transformation you mean?

Jiggy-Ninja
December 01, 2009, 04:10 PM
What is there so special about doing a partial transformation? Could this be a new advancement in the story, because this far there have only been some stages of transformation? So it's like a Sasuke partial transformation you mean?
Exactly.

All the Zoans in the story so far, we've only see do "complete" transformations. Either completely human, Completely animal, or completely hybrid. Never anything in between.

Marco is the first confirmed Zoan type that has partially transformed. we see him twice changing his arms into wings and leaving the rest of his body unchanged (Technically, the second time was changing his body back to human and leaving his phoenix wings, but it's still the same)

Marco, though, is also the first confirmed Mythical Zoan type, so it's impossible to know yet whether the partial transformation is an inherent power of his Fruit or signifies that Marco has gained an incredible amount of control over his powers.

madmotoristmonk
December 01, 2009, 04:38 PM
i agree with ziggy ninja and believe that its a variation of "Semei Kikan/Life Return" if it allows you to change your body like Kumadori says then why not have it coincide with your devil fruit?

besides it stands out as a "mastery" of your fruit, so a zoan's mastery may be to do partial transformations (i.e. any of choppers points, that he needs a 'drug' for i might add) and a sort of "dark side/ corrupted mastery" would be the Awakened Zoan because at that point your just this beserker amaglam of your different forms.

besides, a wingman would be lamer fruit than the one possesed by Erik the Whirlwind

Razh
December 01, 2009, 06:23 PM
besides, a wingman would be lamer fruit than the one possesed by Erik the Whirlwind

I agree, especially since Erik's fruit wasn't lame at all. Well yeah, the idea wasn't the best, but the power itself wasn't half bad.

Jiggy-Ninja
December 02, 2009, 12:27 AM
My name starts with a J, not a Z, MMM.

If we're bringing up that arc, Aisa's Hiso Hiso Fruit was way lamer than Erik's Kama Kama Fruit.

Chopper's Points aren't really partial transformations lie Marco did. They're entirely new forms with their own powers.

And one possibility for the Awakened Zoan Demon Guards is that they are animals tat ate their own Fruit. A koala that ate the koala fruit, a bull that ate the bull fruit, etc. Oda mentioned once in SBS that if a person had eaten Chopper's Fruit, he would become "enlightened" (whatever that means).

As for my opinion, it is my belief that partial transformations are possible with all Zoans, but take a lot of skill and control to do.

imudkip
December 04, 2009, 12:47 PM
Shiki's DF apparently grants him the ability of flight, which leaves only 1 more DF that grants flight. But Pell did mention that there were five known, which may mean there are still unknown ones.