PDA

View Full Version : Chapter One Piece 554 Discussion/555 Predictions Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3

KaNx
August 06, 2009, 07:12 AM
If you haven't seen the goodies yet, you can check them out in the Spoiler Pics & Summaries (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1502032#post1502032) thread. This is where you can discuss all about them. But remember no spamming.

But remember: NO SPOILERS OUTSIDE THE SPOILER THREADS. This rule will be strictly enforced. Please respect those that don't want to be spoiled. Thanks.

Chapter can be found here (http://mangahelpers.com/m/one-piece/chapters/554/)!!!

Enjoy ;)

LoS
August 18, 2009, 05:05 AM
Pretty sure it mentions Marco's devil fruit ability which is an ancient Zoan, the Phoenix. And Luffy arriving at last.

I thought that the Zoan's all had to exist at some point though, and Phoenix's are just fabled/fantasy creatures.

javimgol
August 18, 2009, 05:06 AM
Google translations confirms Akainu as Magma man, Marco as Phoenix (:));
Luffy appears and DonQuixote DoFlamingo seems to be the one who opened the doors

Mifec
August 18, 2009, 05:10 AM
Pretty sure it mentions Marco's devil fruit ability which is an ancient Zoan, the Phoenix. And Luffy arriving at last.

I thought that the Zoan's all had to exist at some point though, and Phoenix's are just fabled/fantasy creatures.

If its an ancient zoan it means that phoenixes existed lol.

sh4dx
August 18, 2009, 05:23 AM
at last akainu's power...it's confirmed right ?

LDSaint
August 18, 2009, 05:48 AM
whoa magma man that was predicted and so was phoenix to (except i dnt like it) and kuma action YES i love that guy
lol i bet that marine ship is luffy's
spoilers sound epic

Lord Rayleigh
August 18, 2009, 05:56 AM
at last akainu's power...it's confirmed right ?
The spoiler talks about the magma and the phoenix DFs and also about Lil'Oz Jr, the descendant of Oz.
But it is a fake according to Battle Franky.

sarutobi_sensei
August 18, 2009, 06:01 AM
But if he really is a Phoenix Man damn props to whoever said that yesterday x)

Akainu
August 18, 2009, 06:11 AM
meanwhile it seems magma is still possible, phoenix not though (seems to be blaze logia... right 2 logia intros in one chap <.<;)

Ruffy1984
August 18, 2009, 06:16 AM
I hope it's a logia one :) the ancient zoans are kinda boring....

gimme some more informations pls...

Akainu
August 18, 2009, 06:24 AM
there is no more information. it seems there are translations out there, but honestly it's rather confusing because it really talks about little oz jr. <.<

oh and please don't beg for more or moan for the chapter to come out etc. by the end of the week it's there anyway.

Dim
August 18, 2009, 06:37 AM
i dotn know... pretyy interesting spoiler! alot of people predicted these thigns though so i assumed it was fake! a blaze man called phoenix marco??? and akainu being a magma or volcano or meterotie man or whatever- close enough...

mini Oz is gay! and how can moria have luffys shadow again??? maybe don flamingo is controlling luffy or something- i doubt the strawhat battle ship is that close yet though! guess well see thursday firday!

Ero-Sanji
August 18, 2009, 06:53 AM
So Marco is a phoenix-man and people do not forget that this is the One piece world such creatures may have existed remember Ryuuma defeated a Dragon.

Akainu being a Magma/volcano/meteor-man was kinda logical. But what I don't understand is Little Oz and Luffys shadow, really confusing...

NoLimit89
August 18, 2009, 06:55 AM
waiting til tomorrow for the real spoilers.

these last couples look kinda fake to me tbh. and I'm usually pretty good at judging what's real and what's fake.

Edit: especially Blaze logia and little OZ. like wtf? we already have a fire logia and Luffy got back his shadow already.

Shadoguardian
August 18, 2009, 07:06 AM
The lack of description on Choppers opening page makes me suspicious. Are we sure it's not a fake?

Organizized
August 18, 2009, 07:13 AM
Little Oz Junior? Wait, is that supposed to be funny? Because it sure as hell can't be true, there's no way. Who confirmed that one, anyway?

Actually, I'm not trusting any of the spoilers. When the most posted about theories come true it's usually fake. Even so, the Akainu = magma and Marco = phoenix part is not entirely impossible, I must say. But seriously, Little Oz Junior? Little Oz Junior? Get out of here.
Why would Moria have Luffy's shadow in the first place?

Raysen_ht
August 18, 2009, 07:14 AM
Sounds Fake to me... the Oz jr. thing is lame and how the hell did Moria get Luffi´s shadow?!?

Can anyone explain to me what blaze is?? isnt it fire?? Whats the diference??

Gumbertschovskinov
August 18, 2009, 07:19 AM
This seems like a poorly done fake spoiler.
Little Oz junior suddenly has Luffy's shadow. Yeah, right.
BOTH of the fruit theories going around this board are confirmed.

What the hell??

Akainu
August 18, 2009, 07:30 AM
BOTH of the fruit theories going around this board are confirmed.

What the hell??
By no means all posted spoilers are confirmed. Even the ones with the green label might contain some differences to the actual chapter.
That said the same spoiler provider added some stuff and now it seems like the phoenix is the real one, also no mention of Luffys shadow so it's more likely Moria is up to something :amuse

gesgift
August 18, 2009, 08:06 AM
I have to say this looks real promessing, both Marco and Reddoggie.

I wonder if Moria is up to something, that little rascal.

Koen
August 18, 2009, 08:10 AM
I wonder if Moria is up to something, that little rascal.

Never say never, let's not forget what BB did. I am quite curious about the shichibukai's role in this arc because we have seen some odd turn arounds from them (Jimbei,boa hancock, kuma, BB)

Anyway, this chapter will have a lot of fights. I wonder who will be decisive in all this. Luffy? Someone else?

Ero-Sanji
August 18, 2009, 08:11 AM
Check the spoilers out again...

Oz junior wants to save Ace without the influence of Luffys Shadow.
Moria just wants his corps...

zozo96
August 18, 2009, 08:18 AM
Oz junior? Where did he come from? Why does he want to save Ace? I read the newest spoilers and I still think they are fake or mistranslated. But, if it turns out to be right, what a twist of plot! Typical Oda. Well, I think I better wait for the complete and original chapter.

Btw, I'm new member. Big fans of One Piece. Yoroshiku onegai simasu! :o

Ishido
August 18, 2009, 08:23 AM
Last spoiler makes more sense about Oz Junior, still it's pretty weird.

Blaze="A fire, especially a fast-burning fire producing a lot of flames and light."

LALAPUI
August 18, 2009, 08:26 AM
Sounds Fake to me... the Oz jr. thing is lame and how the hell did Moria get Luffi´s shadow?!?

Can anyone explain to me what blaze is?? isnt it fire?? Whats the diference??

I think his power acording to the spoilers is magma somthing like lava and volcanoes stuff not fire.

sarutobi_sensei
August 18, 2009, 08:32 AM
OH MY GOD

Mythical Zoan???? DAMN!!! This is EPIC!

Akainu
August 18, 2009, 08:39 AM
Oz junior could even have been predicted if the hint in chapter 551 page 12-13 would have been taken seriously... I think someone even mentioned it jokingly, but really - those horns and "Oars III" on the sail that can't be called foreshadowing anymore <.<

that is - if that's his ship, but it fits in size too ...

@Ero-Sanji: http://mangahelpers.com/downloads/read-online/42928/13
I know my eyes aren't the best, but I see three strokes there which makes a lot sense for supposedly three generations covering a time of 500 years =)

beastboy
August 18, 2009, 08:47 AM
I think that by little oz jr. they are referring to luffy...

Ero-Sanji
August 18, 2009, 08:48 AM
My god, good eyes!

But it's not III it's just II so it kinda fits, this settles it Oda planned this series in his mothers womb!

obamamania
August 18, 2009, 08:50 AM
What's going on here, these spoilers are the nearly the exact same fake spoilers from two weeks ago. I heard people here mentioning two weeks ago about how Marco is a phoenix, and I'm 100% sure it was said that Akainu is a magma man even though that was false as well because akainu didn't do a damn thing last chapter. If this spoiler now is correct, then I want to know how people knew so soon well before this chapter was even out.

Raijū
August 18, 2009, 09:02 AM
OH MY GOD

Mythical Zoan???? DAMN!!! This is EPIC!

Saying epic on a spoiler that people don't think credible.
You should stop saying epic all the time, that only show us that you don't even know his meaning...

sarutobi_sensei
August 18, 2009, 09:15 AM
Really now? One thing's for sure, the spoiler is confirmed. And when I say EPIC it's about the whole spoiler, not just the Mythical Zoan part. Every chapter that Oda-sensei releases gives us even more excitement.

Mythical Zoan + Oz Jr + all the fighting scenes, I haven't seen anything like this in a long time.

beastboy
August 18, 2009, 09:18 AM
hehe I like kizaru's and marco's talk, hehe
that hurted!!
you lier!!

MestreDohko
August 18, 2009, 09:18 AM
Phoenix?

Based on Saint Seiya character, Ikki no Phoenix? :p

Metal D. Reaper
August 18, 2009, 09:19 AM
Muhahaahahahaaa Soo some said in the dicussion of the previous manga that Magma/Lava power was weak and stupid but look now Akainu one of the admirals has that ability and he is without underestimating one the strongest characters till now and he will prove that he is maybe the strongest under the admirals

Raysen_ht
August 18, 2009, 09:22 AM
Well... this new translation seem more reasonable... Moria wanting Oz decendent´s body makes sence, and the Marco/Kisaru dialog screams Oda! Cant wait to see the chapter

DARK
August 18, 2009, 09:25 AM
Some people got it right saying that Marco was a Phoenix Zoan (thought he was a Logia Blue Flame Flame). I want to see his phoenix form if possible. Also Akainu as a volcanic/lava man... Very predictable.

Schabrak
August 18, 2009, 09:25 AM
Phoenix?

Based on Saint Seiya character, Ikki no Phoenix? :p
Phoenix, based on the mythical crature phoenix....

So it's up to a Ao Kiji vs Marco fight.^^
And such a nice combo of lava and the earth quake man. Two forces of nature that can't be really stopped by humans. Oz Jr. could also be as big as his gramps.

deffkryz
August 18, 2009, 09:34 AM
So.... it's the living Oz Jr. - not the Zombie version? So the one serving those spoilers only made a reference since Moria said, that he wants his corpse as well... Wait a minute, WTF?! Oz jr... an ally of Whitebeard?! Or maybe even a part of his crew?! Oda pulled again "an Oda". :)

Muhahaahahahaaa Soo some said in the dicussion of the previous manga that Magma/Lava power was weak and stupid but look now Akainu one of the admirals has that ability and he is without underestimating one the strongest characters till now and he will prove that he is maybe the strongest under the admirals

You know what sucks more that you were right? That you're pointing it out. Congrats... BTW, his power seems to be pretty useless so far against WB.

beastboy
August 18, 2009, 09:44 AM
well against a quake man everything is useless. I bet that only fish nets with kairoseki all over the world and the 3 admirals + 7 shichi's holding WB it wouldn't be enough...

Raijū
August 18, 2009, 09:46 AM
Phoenix, based on the mythical crature phoenix....

So it's up to a Ao Kiji vs Marco fight.^^
And such a nice combo of lava and the earth quake man. Two forces of nature that can't be really stopped by humans. Oz Jr. could also be as big as his gramps.

If we knew how long people like oz can live we could know if he's the son, grand-son (or grand-grand son...)

DARK
August 18, 2009, 09:54 AM
The whole "Oz Jr." thing is the most WTF moment in this arc so far. Oz has a kid and it has Luffy's shadow? Thought Luffy's shadow was returned to him during the Thriller Bark arc? Makes no sense...

kkck
August 18, 2009, 09:58 AM
So everyone's suspicions about marco's and akainu's power are confirmed right? Pretty epic lol, a phoenix and a lava man..... I really want to see marco's hybrid form, it technically should hold all the properties of a logia and a zoan.

DARK
August 18, 2009, 10:01 AM
So everyone's suspicions about marco's and akainu's power are confirmed right? Pretty epic lol, a phoenix and a lava man..... I really want to see marco's hybrid form, it technically should hold all the properties of a logia and a zoan.

Yeah, Marco in phoenix form will be EPIC!

red-hair himself
August 18, 2009, 10:18 AM
were some people just now mentioning something about luffy coming or did i misread? :S

DaoneLuffy
August 18, 2009, 10:18 AM
Why is it that no one can read, it say's the decendant of oz that HAD luffy's shadow, that's hella clear, but epic nonetheless.

mr.danly
August 18, 2009, 10:19 AM
I KNEW IT! PHOENIX ZOAN FTW!!!!!!!!!

Lava/Magma... isn't really that much different from Fire. Which one is stronger?

gesgift
August 18, 2009, 10:20 AM
I really would want to know if the spoilers are fake or not... Where are the pics :(

Where is the Shishi action?

Bugzee
August 18, 2009, 10:25 AM
Yea brrrap brrapp!! lol Marco is a G! Crazy zoan fruit! I wanna see luffy in this battle now!!!

ascalon
August 18, 2009, 10:42 AM
I kinda doubt the spoiler is real because

1. We already had FALSE Akainu = magma spoilers for the past 2 weeks.

2. Last chapter I openly came out and revealed my prediction of there being a phoenix zoan df, and said that it'd likely be of another class altogether called "mythical zoans".

I find it slightly hard to believe I'd be that spot on, and surmise that this spoiler is a fake.

BlkHorus
This is great! another epic chapter looks to be ahead. Giving another legendary zoan df....one that boarders mixing the abilities of a logia df and a zoan. Marco has the physical increases and animal attirbutes of the phoenix and then gets the added mystical attribute of the phoenix with being able to rise again from any attack through fire. Marco is a G! And Akainu being a magma man is great. That is as far from fire as fire from ice. His df is a mixture of earth being heated extremely high and in high pressure so he is able to act at a different state of matter than the others. he is greater than Aokiji, but has not affect on Kizaru and such. How he matches up in the battle with WB will be great as it would probably be best that Marco could match him and Kizaru at the same time due to his ability. Anyways, we are going to get ALOT of action in the next months of chapters with soo much fighting and all these big people coming through to fight. Awesome! And we haven't gotten to see the Shichibukai fight yet.....I wonder who they will battle or if they are waiting for an opportune moment to join in the fight against the commanders of WB since it looks like the Admirals are already fighting to take on the big name commanders.

Melker
Too bad we apparently won't see any of Luffy and the others this chapter.
I still want to see what will happen once they arrive. Something ought to happen when Luffy meet Kuma.

kkck
August 18, 2009, 10:48 AM
You know, the whole mystic zoan thing just gave room for a dragon fruit! How epic would that be..... Not to mention the idea of a mystic zoan was already discussed some time ago in this forum, it's great that it came true.

How is it that oz jr apparently has luffy's shadow? That does not make any sense lol. It is possible that luffy got someone else's shadow back in TB instead of his own? That would still not make sense for a number of reasons though. On the other hand, moria could give anyone the ability to stretch regardless of that person/thing having luffy's shadow so maybe it is an error on the translators part.
[hr]

What's going on here, these spoilers are the nearly the exact same fake spoilers from two weeks ago. I heard people here mentioning two weeks ago about how Marco is a phoenix, and I'm 100% sure it was said that Akainu is a magma man even though that was false as well because akainu didn't do a damn thing last chapter. If this spoiler now is correct, then I want to know how people knew so soon well before this chapter was even out.

I am sure you did bot hear spoilers but theories that have been going around. People have theorized marco is a phoenix since last chapter and that akainu is a lva man for a very long time(I really don't recall fake spoilers saying that lol)

ascalon
August 18, 2009, 10:50 AM
I am sure you did bot hear spoilers but theories that have been going around. People have theorized marco is a phoenix since last chapter and that akainu is a lva man for a very long time(I really don't recall fake spoilers saying that lol)

Fake spoilers DID say that. Read my post above.

SenninSage
August 18, 2009, 10:52 AM
Oz Jr. has Luffy's shadow? What in the world? I don't get it!

Marco is confirmed as Phoenix DF user, pretty awesome!

deffkryz
August 18, 2009, 10:54 AM
The whole "Oz Jr." thing is the most WTF moment in this arc so far. Oz has a kid and it has Luffy's shadow? Thought Luffy's shadow was returned to him during the Thriller Bark arc? Makes no sense...

Yeah, it makes no sense because you're misreading the spoilers:

Oz jr. appears in Whitebeards crew OR in one of the pirate crews that are allied with Whitebeard - the spoiler author reminds us on Oz that had Luffy's shadow
Tsuru recognizes Oz jr. as "troublesome one"
Moria says he wants Oz jr.'s corpse after he may die.

I hope this'll clear things up a bit.

PaLLl
August 18, 2009, 10:57 AM
A phoenix (http://www.testriffic.com/resultfiles/16156phoenix.jpg)...
Aaaah...a well at least something is new...
Magma man ) huh that one was already told on some old spoilers (550 or 551) . But everybody there confused. So Actually the old spoiler was right !

About Oz Jr. Nothing Special ))) Actually it's even more interesting to see the Ozlike creature ALIVE !!!! Not crappy corpse...

It's time to rumble ! to see the battle !

Organizized
August 18, 2009, 10:58 AM
I can barely even be happy about the lava and phoenix stuff, because it's been predicted by too many. I'm not saying I have anything against people's predictions coming true, I'm saying we're in for an endless storm of "YEAAAH I was right!! Take that!" "Oh yeah, lava man like I said! I was the first one evar to state this theory, hurrrr durrrr!". Oh well, I'm hoping to be proven wrong. :p

I kinda doubt the spoiler is real because

1. We already had FALSE Akainu = magma spoilers for the past 2 weeks.

2. Last chapter I openly came out and revealed my prediction of there being a phoenix zoan df, and said that it'd likely be of another class altogether called "mythical zoans".

I find it slightly hard to believe I'd be that spot on, and surmise that this spoiler is a fake.

As for 1: Spoilers for 552 said Aokiji froze the waves. That was false. Spoilers for 553 once again said the same thing. That was true. Just because something appears two weeks in a row doesn't mean it's not true.

And 2: Don't you have any faith in yourself? :p Not saying that you were the only one who predicted that, but even so you're saying you actually don't believe the spoilers because you predicted them? Jeez. :amuse

And the spoiler is, for those still in doubt, most likely true. It was posted by nja on 2ch, who usually (when it's not an imposter) provides true spoilers, and translated by Aohige_AP, who is one of the most trusted spoiler translator at Arlong Park.

I'm still not crazy about Little Oz Jr (the name is enough to leave me in a confused state between laughing and crying) but at least I find it a lot better now that we're pretty sure he's on Whitebeard's side and not having Luffy's shadow as stated first. :)

Oz Jr. has Luffy's shadow? What in the world? I don't get it!

Marco is confirmed as Phoenix DF user, pretty awesome!

That was a mistranslation, it only said Lil' Oz is "a descendant of Oz, who had Luffy's shadow before".

deffkryz
August 18, 2009, 11:04 AM
Fake spoilers DID say that. Read my post above.

Yes, they were fakes ... for the last chapter, because some one put his predictions and wild guesses into them. Or did you see those informations being resolved in Chapter 553? Sry, but plz get over it!

You know, the whole mystic zoan thing just gave room for a dragon fruit!

Actually, there has always been room for a dragon fruit, and I'm sure that there'll be several of them with different models. From my pov, I can't wait to see how Oda shows us one of those as well as other mystical and ancient zoans, like an Inu Inu Model Cerberus or a Model Tanuki (as chopper's enemy or companion ^^).

Zehahaha
August 18, 2009, 11:07 AM
That's some good spoilers, i like the fact that we're gonna see Oz's descendant, and also WB showin' that Akainu's attack is nothing against him... ( I wonder how Oz's wife looks like :p )

Ilyes84
August 18, 2009, 11:19 AM
This new Cryptozoan type is like a breath of fresh air... too long have Zoan users been introduced as side characters or stupid villains (Lucci aside). I'm pretty sure Oda will introduce a Kitsune fruit sooner or later... :3

Ero-Sanji
August 18, 2009, 11:28 AM
So with the phoenix fruit we have 3/5 flight fruits...

And I'm also excited about the whole ancient fruit Zoan but I guess there will only be 3-6 available and I also think that only the dragon will grant flight, making the last flying type one of the ancients Zoan or it will be a regular Zoan. Perhaps a bat(think about the pun I'm a batman or a vampire hehe). With this I think we can count out all other flying mythical beasts.

Water based beasts are also a "no can do" since it goes against the whole idea of fruits but the Octopus guy is still an Enigma...

gesgift
August 18, 2009, 11:30 AM
This new Cryptozoan type is like a breath of fresh air... too long have Zoan users been introduced as side characters or stupid villains (Lucci aside). I'm pretty sure Oda will introduce a Kitsune fruit sooner or later... :3

Still, that gives me the impression other zoans are worth 'less', and that wouldn't be fair against characters like Lucci... Then being 'just' a Fishman looks better than being a regular Zoan to me.

Finale
August 18, 2009, 11:39 AM
I wonder what Marco's awakened phoenix zoan form is like. And in the subset of mythic Zoans, how about a Unicorn. Oh well looking forward to seeing more mythic zoans.

Organizized
August 18, 2009, 11:52 AM
This was mentioned at AP and isn't to shabby a find so I'll go ahead and just leave it here.

Huge ship on the left with the horned Jolly roger that says "Oars" (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/551/12-13/)

Anyone willing to place their bets on that being Lil' Oz's ship? It's also the biggest ship in the NW captains fleet so it makes sense, given that Oz Jr. is a giant. :amuse

Ilyes84
August 18, 2009, 11:56 AM
Still, that gives me the impression other zoans are worth 'less', and that wouldn't be fair against characters like Lucci... Then being 'just' a Fishman looks better than being a regular Zoan to me.

Amen, man -you got my point completely. (Or maybe not? -sorry, I'm writing more than half asleep.)
Lucci was a true monster, but 90% of its fighting prowess was due to him being a Rokushiki master; a Zoan's weakness is that it makes its user "just" physically more powerful -nothing more. No versatility, no creativity: you face a Zoan user, you know what he can do. Improved reflexes, heightened senses... it all pales before the stupidest Paramisha -and there ARE stupid paramisha. Hell, there are even stupid Logias (always wandered why Crocodile's bounty was so low), so probably that's just like it is.

Now, mentionin Crocodile: my personal, completely unfounded theory is that, beyond a certain point, Zoan fruit user can evolve into "mythical", totemic forms gaining new abilities. Jackals, hawks & crocodiles were egyptians gods, foxes and tanuki are oriental spirits, bats become vampires (imagine a Bat Bat user able to learn new Fruit Powers by draining their users), leopards were gods in mesomaerican cultures and blablabla so on. Perhaps Marco had an eagle fruit, and THEN trained so hard to unlock its "true abilities" (sorta like Monster Chopper)?
Oh... talking about Chopper...

I wonder what Marco's awakened phoenix zoan form is like. And in the subset of mythic Zoans, how about a Unicorn. Oh well looking forward to seeing more mythic zoans.
I want Marco to eat a Rumble Ball.
:eek:

Metal D. Reaper
August 18, 2009, 12:01 PM
No I may think that Lil oz may be a oversized human like WB or something like that also a bigger ship than the most seems unreasonable but that lil' oz is on a ship but lil'oz must be really powerfull because even the SH couldn't defeat them without the power of the shadows

And were is Luffy(WE WANT LUFFY)
Also there was never stated that water zoans aren't a possibilty and stuff ...
But that would make that the DF made a transformation and that those DF are rare and only avaible on a special island or something but then there is a other thing that makes them weak

Akainu
August 18, 2009, 12:04 PM
This was mentioned at AP and isn't to shabby a find so I'll go ahead and just leave it here.

Huge ship on the left with the horned Jolly roger that says "Oars" (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/551/12-13/)

Anyone willing to place their bets on that being Lil' Oz's ship? It's also the biggest ship in the NW captains fleet so it makes sense, given that Oz Jr. is a giant. :amuse

Oz junior could even have been predicted if the hint in chapter 551 page 12-13 would have been taken seriously... I think someone even mentioned it jokingly, but really - those horns and "Oars III" on the sail that can't be called foreshadowing anymore <.<

that is - if that's his ship, but it fits in size too ...

@Ero-Sanji: http://mangahelpers.com/downloads/read-online/42928/13
I know my eyes aren't the best, but I see three strokes there which makes a lot sense for supposedly three generations covering a time of 500 years =)

And it took them so long over there to realise this :x
Although I really like their explanation that Oars is technically a right romanization of the dude we kept calling "Oz" for the past - what was it - 2 years?
Anyway I don't like the thought of Moria getting back to business... unlike the other beaten enemies he should have been at his limits. He lost everything again and yet he continues despite his weak will shown on other occasions with other doing his duties. Does it have to do with DoFlamingo perhaps?

Black Lagoon
August 18, 2009, 12:32 PM
Amazing again!! :shakefist
finally Akainu's powers

DARK
August 18, 2009, 12:38 PM

I want a Dragon Zoan.

Ero-Sanji
August 18, 2009, 12:43 PM
Zoan fruits aren't that bad...

As the Big Croc once said the fruits can be more powerful with a creativ and motivated mind to guide them. We already have good examples:

Imagine Luffy's experience on a guy like Buggy, he could easily become one of the greatest swordsman ever or the great anti swordsman...

Now back to Zoan; some Zoan types are very good actually e.g. Hito Hito no mi not only does it grant an animal the great knowledge of speech but it also grants the user an intelligence above average human making Chopper one of the smartest character in the One piece universe and it's not only in the medicine/health care area but overall I mean the brain point is very strategical etc. He even went as far and created the rumble ball.

It's all about being creative!

A Spider-man could be very dangerous if he's smart and creativ he could even defeat someone like Luffy I mean a little web traps here and there and he can go for the kill either by his immense strength or his venom.

Think of all the crazy animals in the world and ad the human brain:

- Chameleons
- Armadillos
- Ants
- Bats
- Monkeys

Etc, etc.. Hope you get my point^^

Ilyes84
August 18, 2009, 12:50 PM
Zoan fruits aren't that bad...

As the Big Croc once said the fruits can be more powerful with a creativ and motivated mind to guide them.

That's the point: Zoan users get such a straightforward power boost that they become not inclined to think in a creative way. Not that all Zoans can get creative with what the get, either.
Wasn't Lucci himself that said something like "eat the fruit, you'll sink but who cares, get the power anyway", that does sound a little superificial -unlike Crocodile.
Zoan users probably train more themselves and less thei Fruit powers

Black Lagoon
August 18, 2009, 12:50 PM
Moria's there, so I would like to see Luffy's eating some shadows, to create Luffyenstein, Luffynator, Hulk or whatever :p

DARK
August 18, 2009, 12:52 PM
The majority of the Zoan users in the series had to train themselves.

Black Lagoon
August 18, 2009, 12:56 PM
The majority of the Zoan users in the series had to train themselves.

it's up to them to develop their skills and find their own style...

DARK
August 18, 2009, 12:59 PM
Moria's there, so I would like to see Luffy's eating some shadows, to create Luffyenstein, Luffynator, Hulk or whatever :p

Luffy eating shadows? I want to see Wapol eat shadows, if that is possible.

Lee-tyme7
August 18, 2009, 01:06 PM
Mythical zoan type fruit?! Now I'm really LMAO! Wow. I've would of never guess what Oda had coming. I don't understand the little Oz jr. part what did they mean? Where did he come from all of the sudden?

Black Lagoon
August 18, 2009, 01:07 PM
Luffy eating shadows? I want to see Wapol eat shadows, if that is possible.

as Thriller Bark's arc ...

Gimbo TJ
August 18, 2009, 01:56 PM
I dont believe this spoiler

Why would/ How could Jose suddenly attack Akainu if he's that far away from him. And wasnt he fighting Hawkeye a sec ago?

SenninSage
August 18, 2009, 02:02 PM

Why would/ How could Jose suddenly attack Akainu if he's that far away from him. And wasnt he fighting Hawkeye a sec ago?

It wasn't necessarily a fight more so than it was jose blocking his attack.

Schabrak
August 18, 2009, 02:03 PM

Why would/ How could Jose suddenly attack Akainu if he's that far away from him. And wanst he fighting Hawkeye a sec ago?
An all-out brawl would implify, that everyone can got against anyonbody he wants. Aiming his iceberg on Mihawk would be pointless, so he just threw it in the middle, near where Ace is, to gain their attention. It's logical to take out the strongest ones at first, being one of the strongest himself, opening up the way to Ace.

[If the spoiler is true.]

c0nflikt
August 18, 2009, 02:08 PM
the oz jr part is confusing... phoenix df is awesome developement, hopefully there are more mythic fruits to come.

Superman
August 18, 2009, 02:21 PM
Saying epic on a spoiler that people don't think credible.
You should stop saying epic all the time, that only show us that you don't even know his meaning...

Thank you very much.
The only epic thing for me the first time in one piece manga history was in Id when Croc, Iva, Jinbei, Inazuma and Luffy formed such a crazy team.
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/540/19/ That was the first time, but now it isnt so epic anymore. It is all ABSOLUTE FIRST CLASS, but not epic!!!:D:D:D

Dunno if this chapter is real but i like it......again:wtf WOOOOT:D:D

Wale
August 18, 2009, 02:25 PM
I want a Dragon Zoan.

There is a chance, that we will see one.. how much do you know about the culture of china? In their culture are four animals, which symbolize the four points of the compass. These are the phoenix, the dragon, the turtle and the white tiger.. so if there are really some Mythical zoan type fruits.. then i think, we will see this four of them.

deffkryz
August 18, 2009, 02:25 PM

To lure Akainu away from his podest pretty close to Ace? Now the only ones close to him would be -erm- Sengoku. And Jozu wasn't actually fighting Hawkeye - he did nothing but block his sword attack that was aimed at Whitebeard.

Actually looking at the spoilers, I think it's some kind of gesture like "gimme a break - don't go onto him, he's not opposing you. You may have a duel after we freed Ace." Besides that I don't think, Hawkeye is such a loyal shichibukai: He's just there out of his honor and of his curiosity. The same reasons he had for his appearance in Mariejois in Ch.233.

N A O
August 18, 2009, 02:53 PM
If the spoiler about little Oz not fake then I think he is the one who will fight Moria because of what he did to the body of his predecessor Oz.

So far, I do not know what is his relation to what is happening now, is he a pirate or an ally of Edward from the beginning or he attended by himself, if that so why he want to save Ace?

Is he a huge man like his predecessor? I didn't see someone like that on the last chapter, I really want to see his body :)

zerocooldx
August 18, 2009, 02:56 PM
Well i think most of us had the right theory concerning Akainu being some type of a earth/maga man. Also Marco being a Zoan Phoenix, whos more like a Logia sounds very interesting. And Whitebeard is actually a pretty funny guy, heh who knew.

gesgift
August 18, 2009, 03:01 PM
We haven't got a single clue why the SB are there or what they're gonna do. (For Boa we know why, but not what she's gonna do...).

But I sure like hell want to see them get started! Has Moria got a plan? Does it involve the Yonkou he knows? Who fil DoFlamingo manipulate? I want more spoilers!

k-dom
August 18, 2009, 03:07 PM
The only thing that bother me with the Phenix devil fruit, is that it is supposed to be an immortal animal. That would mean that the user is unbeatable, unless you use some of the devil fruit weaknesses, which is still possible (except in a manga where nobody dies :-). But it's still strange that someone with such a great power is only a division captain...

Anyway I shall wait for more info to have a clearer idea, but it seems that we will have a big messy battle between the 2d knives and some focus on one on one fight between the big shots.
The end of the chapter seems to induce that we will finaly see Don flamingo in action in the next one. I wish we'll see Boa ability too (a girls fight maybe ?)
I also wonder how long Luffy arrival will be delayed. Is that door so far away ?

zerocooldx
August 18, 2009, 03:13 PM
The only thing that bother me with the Phenix devil fruit, is that it is supposed to be an immortal animal. That would mean that the user is unbeatable, unless you use some of the devil fruit weaknesses, which is still possible (except in a manga where nobody dies :-). But it's still strange that someone with such a great power is only a division captain...

Anyway I shall wait for more info to have a clearer idea, but it seems that we will have a big messy battle between the 2d knives and some focus on one on one fight between the big shots.
The end of the chapter seems to induce that we will finaly see Don flamingo in action in the next one. I wish we'll see Boa ability too (a girls fight maybe ?)
I also wonder how long Luffy arrival will be delayed. Is that door so far away ?

Just like any other Devil Fruit user, Marco's can also be "disabled" by Haki. Also he seems to be a cross between a Zoan and a Logia. And that Division Captain is taking on a Admiral, so lets not sell him short.

DARK
August 18, 2009, 03:29 PM
There is a chance, that we will see one.. how much do you know about the culture of china? In their culture are four animals, which symbolize the four points of the compass. These are the phoenix, the dragon, the turtle and the white tiger.. so if there are really some Mythical zoan type fruits.. then i think, we will see this four of them.

Yes, I was about to say the same thing, although I would wonder what the two-headed turtle will be like...

luffy_boy
August 18, 2009, 03:42 PM
I have a question... earlier in the manga they where speaking of i (?) flying fruits...

How many did they say there where.
How have we allready seen including marco?

zelllogan
August 18, 2009, 03:43 PM
little oz junior, lol. If that's true, it's priceless

k-dom
August 18, 2009, 03:44 PM
Just like any other Devil Fruit user, Marco's can also be "disabled" by Haki. Also he seems to be a cross between a Zoan and a Logia. And that Division Captain is taking on a Admiral, so lets not sell him short.

we still don't really know how this haki things works, maybe you can only cancel the devil fruit power of someone who has a weaker haki than yours.
But my point was more to say that the immortality of the phenix would, in theory, induce that his user can become extremely experimented. Which is not the case here

exacta
August 18, 2009, 03:46 PM
Not much happened, but Marco being a phoenix zoan is awesome. I never thought Oda would go into mythical creature DFs....and Akainu being a magma man is fitting. What I really wanna see is what Sengoku can do though....

k-dom
August 18, 2009, 03:46 PM

And I'm also excited about the whole ancient fruit Zoan but I guess there will only be 3-6 available and I also think that only the dragon will grant flight, making the last flying type one of the ancients Zoan or it will be a regular Zoan. Perhaps a bat(think about the pun I'm a batman or a vampire hehe). With this I think we can count out all other flying mythical beasts.

Water based beasts are also a "no can do" since it goes against the whole idea of fruits but the Octopus guy is still an Enigma...

answer p5 :

source :
http://media.onemanga.com/mangas/00000002/00000169/17.jpg

The 3 known so far : Pell, Lafitte and Marco

zerocooldx
August 18, 2009, 03:47 PM
I have a question... earlier in the manga they where speaking of i (?) flying fruits...

How many did they say there where.
How have we allready seen including marco?

There are apparently only three known flying Zoan users thus far. Pell, Marco and the guy who escaped from ID a long time ago.

Lord Rayleigh
August 18, 2009, 03:58 PM
I do not know what people call the phoenix DF a mythological zoan. Was it said somewhere ? If this zoan exists, it is because the phoenix existed in One Piece. So, I think this DF belongs to the ancient zoan type like the dinosaur DF.

Ilyes84
August 18, 2009, 03:59 PM

An immortal character in a manga where nodoby dies is a great irony, one that is not lost on Oda nor on us. Think of it as an easter egg.
Now, seriously: even a Logia is supposed to be unbeatable, but we already know that it isn't (Crocodile becomes vulnerable when soaked in water, maybe that's every Logia's weak point, maybe a Logia has to be surrounded by its natural enemy, who knows?).
Maybe Marco cannot resuscitate if soaked in water, maybe every time he "dies" he loses a feather or something. And about his power: we should see him in a real fight. Maybe, power-wise, he is just an immortal Pell with no offensive ability -kinda like a Whitebeard bodyguard.

To many "maybes" in this post.

omimon
August 18, 2009, 04:07 PM
Wow, I saw the magma man a MILE AWAY!! I mean I think everyone predicted Akainu had that power ever since Kizaru showed that he had the light power.

Ustegius
August 18, 2009, 04:08 PM
There are apparently only three known flying Zoan users thus far. Pell, Marco and the guy who escaped from ID a long time ago.

Ehm, there is no such confirmation of Golden Lion. And I have presumed he is the "tunnel tunnel" man who created the space between levels. The three known flying types are (as mentioned above): Pell, Lafitte, Marco. Lafitte isn't 100%, but very liekly that those wings of his were from a DF.

Hmm, I'm kinda dissapointed, it turned out the way majority predictect. I hope Oda can pull it of with a DON! Desencant of Oz sounds interesting. I believe its either
A) He has role to play in the future plot, which might be related to the fact why Oz was introduced to the story first place.
B) He is going to be used to show powers of Doflamingo - and possibly developed powers of Moria (since he is being dissed almost all the time, I think he is still going to do something huuge and surprising)

Raijū
August 18, 2009, 04:11 PM
Wow, I saw the magma man a MILE AWAY!! I mean I think everyone predicted Akainu had that power ever since Kizaru showed that he had the light power.

unfortunatly some people thought it would be credible if he was a blood df:eyeroll

ZZPallando
August 18, 2009, 04:15 PM
Being a phoenix allows Marco to take in lethal blows, but what about just strong hits ?

zerocooldx
August 18, 2009, 04:15 PM
Ehm, there is no such confirmation of Golden Lion. And I have presumed he is the "tunnel tunnel" man who created the space between levels. The three known flying types are (as mentioned above): Pell, Lafitte, Marco. Lafitte isn't 100%, but very liekly that those wings of his were from a DF.

Hmm, I'm kinda dissapointed, it turned out the way majority predictect. I hope Oda can pull it of with a DON! Desencant of Oz sounds interesting. I believe its either
A) He has role to play in the future plot, which might be related to the fact why Oz was introduced to the story first place.
B) He is going to be used to show powers of Doflamingo - and possibly developed powers of Moria (since he is being dissed almost all the time, I think he is still going to do something huuge and surprising)

They called him the "Flying Pirate" (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/530/05/). So i think its safe to say, that along with Marco there are three Flying Zoan Devil Fruit users thus far.

Raijū
August 18, 2009, 04:19 PM

We gonna have to wait to see the pics for Marco.
For Laffite, you should say 50% directly:
-or he has a "Tori Tori" df
-or, like Robin's "Cien Fleur", he use his df to create wings.

They called him the "Flying Pirate" (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/530/05/). So i think its safe to say, that along with Marco there are three Flying Zoan Devil Fruit users thus far.

That's just his crew name.

zerocooldx
August 18, 2009, 04:28 PM
We gonna have to wait to see the pics for Marco.
For Laffite, you should say 50% directly:
-or he has a "Tori Tori" df
-or, like Robin's "Cien Fleur", he use his df to create wings.

That's just his crew name.

We don't know if he had a crew or not, but we do know his nickname. And as we have seen in OP everyone that has a nickname has it directly correlate to either their ability or apperance. And if you re-read the ID chapters the best way to escape would be to fly out if you could. Also i'm talking about narutal flying ability, otherwise we can say that a whole lot of people can "fly".

DARK
August 18, 2009, 04:33 PM
I do not know what people call the phoenix DF a mythological zoan. Was it said somewhere ? If this zoan exists, it is because the phoenix existed in One Piece. So, I think this DF belongs to the ancient zoan type like the dinosaur DF.

Nope, I still think that "mythical" Zoan fruits are a different subsection than the "ancient" Zoan fruits.

mr.danly
August 18, 2009, 04:34 PM

what about that flying pegasus horse thing that Gan Pol rode on? You know, the old chieftain dude from Skypeia?

zerocooldx
August 18, 2009, 04:34 PM
Nope, I still think that "mythical" Zoan fruits are a different subsection than the "ancient" Zoan fruits.

But a "Mythical Zoan" would imply that it isen't or never was real.

@mr.danly: Well i suppose he could have had a flying animal rescue him?

Lord Rayleigh
August 18, 2009, 04:40 PM
The flying surname could be linked to the fact Golden Lion managed to escape from a prison surrounded by sea.
From what we know, it is most logical that Golden Lion would be the tunnel man than a flying man : read (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1297789&postcount=301).

PS : A flying power would not not explain how he could have you escaped his cell.

DARK
August 18, 2009, 04:44 PM
Excuse me, but how does Kinjishi fit into this chapter discussion?

zerocooldx
August 18, 2009, 04:46 PM
Excuse me, but how does Kinjishi fit into this chapter discussion?

Talking about the different Flying Zoan DF users, mainly because Marco has just been releaved to be one as well.

DARK
August 18, 2009, 04:47 PM
Talking about the different Flying Zoan DF users, mainly because Marco has just been releaved to be one as well.

Kinjishi flying? I still think that if he is a DF user, he is the tunnelling guy.

zerocooldx
August 18, 2009, 04:52 PM
Kinjishi flying? I still think that if he is a DF user, he is the tunnelling guy.

Again, i don't see the use/logic in giving a guy a "Flying Pirate" nickname when his DF ability was "Tunneling". I mean they are the complete opposites of eachother and don't relate at all. Also is Marco a blue flamed Phoenix!?

k-dom
August 18, 2009, 04:54 PM
what about that flying pegasus horse thing that Gan Pol rode on? You know, the old chieftain dude from Skypeia?
A bird doesn't count as a flying devil fruit user :-)

Desencant of Oz sounds interesting. I believe its either

Is Moria able to control someone alive ? I'm perplexed with what is said in the spoiler : "The shadow user (Moria) sees that, and wants his corpse."

Lee-tyme7
August 18, 2009, 04:55 PM
I was wondering with all these talk about flying zoan DF powers does Ganfall pet bird being included as a mythical flying zoan type also. He was a pokadot Pegasus, LOL!!

Mr. Crocodile
August 18, 2009, 04:56 PM
So it's still not confirmed whether Marco is a mythical or a crypto zoan user right?? I personally like mythical better..so now we can add this to the new recent list of zoan df development in the manga (ancient, awakened, etc.). I wonder if all zoans can be awakaned?..I've also noticed that there's always a break before a major character is formally introduced, in this case akainu(although is still not entirely confirmed). I think the same think happened when Kizaru arrived at SA.

Sachsenhesse
August 18, 2009, 05:08 PM
as a hint for the golden lion (to end this diskussion) look at the moviethread there is a trailer where you can see, why he is called the flying pirate

Raijū
August 18, 2009, 05:20 PM
as a hint for the golden lion (to end this diskussion) look at the moviethread there is a trailer where you can see, why he is called the flying pirate

I saw it. what a shock, seeing him using rankyaku...

chess4
August 18, 2009, 05:32 PM
i wouldnt be shocked if cp9 should up, or maybe the WG has a cp10

SIDENOTE

as the fight goes on it seems like whitebeard and his friends have the advantage. i think the WG still have a trump card up there sleeve.

Ero-Sanji
August 18, 2009, 06:29 PM
It's time for Ero-Sanjis crazy theories!

First of all it's Flying DF and not Flying ZOAN Df so Paramecia and Logia can also be included.

1. Pell: Tori Tori no Mi, Model: Falcon. 100% sure it's a flight granting type.

2. Lafitte: Since his actual arms became wings I assume he's the Tori Tori no Mi, Model: Dove or something like that (Dove seems natural since he is the navigator and the messenger of the crew). But since he's acting like a messenger he can also be a wingman able to turn himself(clothes including) into wings and that would be symbolic to the Greek god Hermes. This theory is actually more convincing since he didn't become a hybrid. 90% sure it's a flight granting type.

3. Marco: If Lafitte is a Wingman that would indicate that at least one of the three remaining fruits has to be a model of the Tori Tori. Marco has the fruit of the phoenix and the phoenix as we know it is a bird! ^^^So it should be Tori Tori no Mi, Model: Phoenix. 99% Sure its a flight granting type, just have to wait for the actual thing!

4. Unknown: We don't have any clue on this fruit but I've got some theories

Well let's start on what he have, we already have two Model types so is it necessary with one more? Perhaps, perhaps not. Anyway if it would be another Model then what kind? Well we have one figure who has caught my attention... Sengoku!? Since it's Sengoku it has to be special, no? So I thought of either a Seagull or a Pelican with the power to have some control over water... Another theory of mine is a bat bat fruit, that would be awesome a batman and a vampire in one and he/she could use amazing skills with Ultrasound...

Nevermind, Anyway I do not think it's another model or a bat it's a Zoan but not a modern bird, it's the extinct and oldest bird known to man: Archaeopteryx!!!(Tori Tori no Mi, Model Archaeopteryx)
Or it could simply just be that flying lizard we are more accustomed to: Pterosaur!

5. (IMO) Monkey D. Dragon: Okey, before you all come naggin' at me think it through... The whole point of this thread was because of an amazing Ero-Sanji crazy theory. Now let me explain, all the "flight" fruits imo are all divided by the different forms of actual fruits. Remember #1 was a regular Zoan, #2 was of the paramecia branch, #3 of the mythological Zoan and #4 of the Ancient Zoan. Leaving us with only one form left, Logia!

So to make it short I think Dragon has the Logia type power of Sky/Air/Wind also granting him the ability of flight.

EDIT: Btw the one talking about Kinjishi being the flying pirate well I respect your theory but titles doesn't always fit with the power or personalities. Sengoku is called "The Buddha" it sure do not fit with his personality but may do so on his power. Luffy's epithet has nothing to do with his powers/abilities and strength...

bittman
August 18, 2009, 06:55 PM
Haha wrong section I presume.

Anyway, chapter appears something like this:

We guessed Marco Phoenix
We guessed Magma Akainu
Oz Jnr? Huh? Oh Oda, you've done it again~ *cues generic audience laughter*

Wonder what my review will look like with this chapter? Guess I'll have to bring up that terrible anime heat man, the phoenix in mythology and imply as to the size of Oz Jnr's "Oz Jnr".

Lord Rayleigh
August 18, 2009, 08:09 PM
I was wondering with all these talk about flying zoan DF powers does Ganfall pet bird being included as a mythical flying zoan type also. He was a pokadot Pegasus, LOL!!
As k-dom said, Gan Fall's pet is a bird that ate a horse DF. Thus, this is only because of the specie it is that the pet can fly. And so, naturally, the horse fruit is not a flying type DF.

I saw it. what a shock, seeing him using rankyaku...
Actually, it were not rankyakus. Rankyaku is a technic used by the CP9 thanks to a fast movement of leg in the air.
Now, have a better look : Golden Lion has swords instead of legs. Thus, that means it were slashs. Slash is a technic used by swordmen thanks to a fast movement of sword in the air.

c0nflikt
August 18, 2009, 08:25 PM
I think the chances of a dragon mythic zoan are high now, because in the one shot about the samurai who zoro got his sword from that guy slayed a dragon so dragons existed in the one piece universe.

Jadedmariner
August 18, 2009, 08:41 PM
This battle is getting pretty epic, but the longer it goes on the clearer it is that Luffy is going to become incredibly reliant on Haki. I mean his DF powers just have no real way of competing with all these other powers we are seeing.

cachaco99
August 18, 2009, 08:43 PM
i can understand oz having a kid but how could oz jr have luffy's shadow? (was stated in the spoiler) wonder what he looks like? and about doflamingo - what's with the "leg pain"?

personal note: i would like sanji to fight a shichibukai. maybe jinbei or doflamingo. but i thin jinbei doesnt or wont have his title anymore.

luffy vs moria/blackbeard
zoro vs kuma/mihawk
sanji vs jinbei/doflamingo

but thats just something i would like to see. luffy and zoro shouldn't hog all the shichibukai.

imagine an arc that shows a massive strawhat vs shichibukai fight

luffy vs blackbeard - although bb might lose his title
zoro vs mihawk
sanji vs doflamingo

but none of this should be taken serious. they are just fights i would like to see if possible. same thing with the 3 admirals vs strawhats

luffy vs akainu
zoro vs kizaru
sanji vs aokiji

WHEN whitebeard dies then

luffy vs ace
zoro vs jozu
sanji vs marco

Dark God Zeus
August 18, 2009, 08:46 PM
I don't get why everyone is taking Pell's comment as grounded knowledge that there are 6 devil fruit capable of flight.

Do you honestly think there are such few Zoan-bird fruits? Falcon, Eagle, Dove, Swan, Crane, Phoenix, Dragon, Humming bird, Robin, Blue Jay, etc. There are a CRAPload of birds out there in the world, there is no way there are just six-flight capable fruit (and all of them being zoan).

Furthermore, as Smoker said it's what you DO with your fruit. Luffy can fly, albeit no continuously. Robin can fly for 5 seconds with her DF. Smoker and Ace were both shown flying in their elemental form (and for that matter, shouldn't Ace be able to fly using fire as a means of propulsion?), Buggy (minus his feet) could fly, etc, etc.

c0nflikt
August 18, 2009, 09:03 PM
possible look of future dragon zoan

http://www.onemanga.com/Wanted_Oda_Eiichiro_Tanpenshu/4/39/

Tomgoood01
August 18, 2009, 10:37 PM
there was a filler episodes somewhere from the 50-60 ep where a whole bunch of dragons showed up so if oda allowed that to be in the filler in his anime cause the animation team has to get athourization from oda to do certian things so there is like a 100% of a dragon fruit!

DARK
August 18, 2009, 10:46 PM
This battle is getting pretty epic, but the longer it goes on the clearer it is that Luffy is going to become incredibly reliant on Haki. I mean his DF powers just have no real way of competing with all these other powers we are seeing.

I have a feeling that Haki will be the dominant fighting style in the series, even more so than Devil Fruits and Rokushiki. And nuff said about comparing Luffy with the New World captains.

Jadedmariner
August 18, 2009, 10:57 PM
I have a feeling that Haki will be the dominant fighting style in the series, even more so than Devil Fruits and Rokushiki. And nuff said about comparing Luffy with the New World captains.

That's probably true, but it is kind of sad because unless Haki powers end up being very unique in nature (aka people have different things they can do with it) it will take away one of the things that makes new characters so interesting.

DARK
August 18, 2009, 11:02 PM
That's probably true, but it is kind of sad because unless Haki powers end up being very unique in nature (aka people have different things they can do with it) it will take away one of the things that makes new characters so interesting.

The only "unique" thing about Haki is that there are types; the only confirmed type is the "Haoushoku" which is said to be the strongest one. And Luffy and Hancock are the only ones confirmed to have it.

Jadedmariner
August 18, 2009, 11:04 PM
The only "unique" thing about Haki is that there are types; the only confirmed type is the "Haoushoku" which is said to be the strongest one. And Luffy and Hancock are the only ones confirmed to have it.

I know that's why I said it's sad. I like the unique fights and don't want it to turn into "My Haki is 8000, well my Haki is over 9000!"

DARK
August 18, 2009, 11:06 PM
I know that's why I said it's sad. I like the unique fights and don't want it to turn into "My Haki is 8000, well my Haki is over 9000!"

Well at least we have some unique Devil Fruit powers. Marco having a DF that takes the property of Zoan and Logia, while Jozu has the Logia form of the hardest material in the world (diamond).

Blanka
August 18, 2009, 11:07 PM
Gan Fel's Pegasus was a bird that ate the horse devil fruit, and goes half and half

Pell - Falcon one of the 5 KNOWN flying devil fruits

Marco - Phoenix, not cheap just a characteristic. It most likely has little offensive benefit.

Lafite - Once asked how he got into the shinchinbuki meeting, then at impel down you see him with wings. Probably a bird devil fruit

Possibley the flying pirate that escaped ID.

There are multiple forms of an animal type, so they may not have to be all different from birds. A bat is possible and so is a flying squirel or insect.

Many have shown the ability to fly through the air with their devil fruit.

5 known fliers, but you need to have multiple types of birds
You could assume that all are birds but not necessarily

1. falcon - Pell
2. phoenix - Marco
3. pantomime - Laffite
other birds could be ostrich, penguins, kiwi, dodos that do not fly, so you have room for other flying creatures.
4-5. Could be a dragon, if luffy's dad is named after his ability that would be real lame!
4-5. Bat is the only other flying mammal, flying squirrels and sugar gliders do not truly fly only fall slow
4-5. Another ancient zoan model dinosaur could be pterodactyl

We have seen no insects so far, so i am assuming zoans are limited to vertabrates. Or else there would be tons of fliers.

bittman
August 18, 2009, 11:11 PM
I should also say:

"Five known fliers"

The Giraffe and Soap fruits were both unknowns. Point is: I expect Marco's and Pell's are known, given their longevity. Lafitte, on the other hand, might not even be in the "Five known fliers".

DARK
August 18, 2009, 11:20 PM
Where was it confirmed that there were five confirmed flying-type Zoan fruits?

Blanka
August 18, 2009, 11:45 PM
If ace is a rival, does that mean Zoro will have to cut the diamond guy. Das bones asked what he would cut through next (prolly using haki, but he may unconsciously be using it already)

Luffy has the king's disposition haki, and his crew is never fazed or even notice it, so that means even weak nami is stronger than the majority of amazon lily.

The entire crew is super awesome by the end:

1. Luffy, Pirate king, has a kid with Nami, sailng freely throughout the world
2. Zoro, strongest swordsman, known as Diamond-Cutter Zoro, rumored to be helping smoker's second to collect world's greatest swords
3. Nami, greatest cartographer 90% mapped the oceans/sky/ocean floor, kid sneezes when an ocean storm is coming
4. Ussop has an 8000 man crew, sailing under the name the lying king, can shoot to the horizon, ships as allies are all elfbafian ships, his three kid crew, all became bad-ass pirates that sail under their captain. Strong alliegence to Luffy, WG will not touch. Kalifa is his lady, they live in hometown, as doctor she cures 'dying if i leave the ship disease'
5. Black-leg Sanji opens restaurant ship called All Blue, with fishman hacchi and cami assisting in bringing fish from all blue underwater jet stream. Said to help cure world hunger. Still single, but dated a mermaid
6. Chopper's medicinal skills are world renowned, cured 7 of the 8 worst plagues. Created A Giant Doctor's ship the Sakura that dispatches skippers to land and assist in diseases all over. Known as Doctor Blue Nose. Statue on Drum Island along with Kurea and Sakura guy.
7. Demon's Knowledge Robin, foremost expert on void century, currently runs a university on Ohara Island, she owns it. Rebuilding library and calling it Alexandria, married Franky.
8. Thousand Sunny Franky, builds dream ships said to reach any island (ocean floor and skypia included), Mechanica taught him how to fix his centaur mode, so he can get down with his lady. Uses Ohara Tree of Adam as building stock, runs custom shipyard on back of Ohara island
9. Brooke, legendary hummming mountain said to randomly appear near shipwrecks and drag survivors to safety. Brooke lives inside laboon and swims the oceans helping those in need.
[hr]
10. One legged Shrimp Man known as pipsqueek, and has a sweet rolling attack. Shunned because a woman slept with a shrimp to create him.
11. Eyepatch wearing forger, who learned how to forge seastone from Vegapunk. Named one-eyed jack
upgraded non-DF Strawhats:
Zoro has seastone powder coated blades
Nami has seastone chained rope whip that can create hurricane winds
ussop has 10 ton hammer, still weak but its two seastone frying pans
Sanji has seastone heels and toe guard shoes
Franky has Seastone Fiercely strong right
Pipsqueek has seastone knucles (like brass knuckles, but w/ seastone)
Thousand sunny has hull coating
12. Okama mermaid named Gillian, 30+ years old so can have legs. Sanji hit it, and yes it was a dude. It didnt work out

PS- Chopper hooked up with a lady that ate the deer fruit

Gecko Moria
August 18, 2009, 11:51 PM
Where was it confirmed that there were five confirmed flying-type Zoan fruits?

Pell states it way back in the Alabasta arc: http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/169/17/

k-dom
August 19, 2009, 12:02 AM
I don't get why everyone is taking Pell's comment as grounded knowledge that there are 6 devil fruit capable of flight.

Do you honestly think there are such few Zoan-bird fruits?

oda stated once that there were only around 100 devil fruits so 5 fits with thatnumber I think
Also with all the ones that seems to appear in the last chapter, I feel like he may have undurestimated himself, it was a long time ago. Do we know how many have been used so far (beside anime filllers)

ascalon
August 19, 2009, 12:05 AM
Well at least we have some unique Devil Fruit powers. Marco having a DF that takes the property of Zoan and Logia, while Jozu has the Logia form of the hardest material in the world (diamond).

Jozu would be a PARAMECIA, not a logia. He's just like Mr. 1 with the supa supa no mi, allowing him to turn into steel/blades. He doesn't control an element.

bittman
August 19, 2009, 12:06 AM
If ace is a rival, does that mean Zoro will have to cut the diamond guy. Das bones asked what he would cut through next (prolly using haki, but he may unconsciously be using it already)

Luffy has the king's disposition haki, and his crew is never fazed or even notice it, so that means even weak nami is stronger than the majority of amazon lily.

A) Maybe Zoro will, if it requires haki to break through I'll be annoyed though. Remember the time before Haki? I do, because we're still in it. I haven't seen Haki occur once in this entire battle, yet so many of you make it out to be the...oh wait, this argument again...

B) It's not on full time. Luffy used it on Duval's bull, yet nothing else was affected (not even Papagg). Impossible to say whether Nami could stay conscious over Luffy's Haki when he's yet to use it around them.

The entire crew is super awesome by the end:

Oh, and thanked you for this. Found it an amusing long term prediction.

lonelytaka
August 19, 2009, 12:23 AM
marco hit kizaru one time, then kizaru say pain.
i don't know what kind of person is he?
i feel that he is f*c**r

HiAndromon
August 19, 2009, 12:35 AM
Crypto-Zoan?Wow, I know about the normal zoan who have unique ability's and the predators who have heightened sense's and strength.
And Ancient Zoan who have enormous strength.
I even speculated on insect Zoan and the possibility of turning into a swarm as the 'Beast' version of the transformation on top of unique ability's. I hope this translation is real; cause that means there's going to be a lot of fun stuff to see in the "New world"!

HiAndromon
August 19, 2009, 12:41 AM
oda stated once that there were only around 100 devil fruits so 5 fits with thatnumber I think
Also with all the ones that seems to appear in the last chapter, I feel like he may have undurestimated himself, it was a long time ago. Do we know how many have been used so far (beside anime filllers)
Pell said "one of the only 5 types of flying powers ever 'discovered'!"

Jadedmariner
August 19, 2009, 12:48 AM

I don't doubt the interview, but we've likely already exceeded 100 to be honest.

kaizoku king
August 19, 2009, 12:55 AM
i just saw the pics i lie the phoenix but did not like its face alot but the flames behind it was what i imagined

bittman
August 19, 2009, 01:07 AM
No we have not yet exceeded 100 devil fruits, it shouldn't be too long though I think.

Love the idea of a Zoan that can actually take damage like a logia. That alone makes this the strongest Zoan we've seen to date.

And I love Kizaru's cheeky nature. Saying "Ow" like he's been bruised on the arm by his brother or something.

soDeq05
August 19, 2009, 01:24 AM
Spanish Translation

Spanish Translation

Evitar un ataque rompiéndose (dispersándose) en llamas y volviendo a la normalidad es una habilidad muy común entre las Logias. Marco es usuario de una fruta Zoan muy rara: ¡Es un fénix!Marco se perfora la Cara A continuación, Marco se convierte en un Ave Fenix y ataca a kizaru que es desgarrado en pedazos con la barrera de láseres, pero se reforma del golpe kizaru (o sea vuelve a la normalidad).
kizaru se va lejos (también se puede interpretar como que sopla lejos pero no pega ) diciendo que duele. pero marco le dice que es un mentiroso.
Kizaru y él están igualados, ninguno puede derrotar al otro.El comandante de la 3ª división coge el iceberg y lo lanza Akainu se siente amenazado y se levanta. Se vuelve y enfrenta el iceberg. Hay una enorme erupción. Entonces dispara un haz de lava al iceberg, el cuál es destruido inmediatamente.Está lanzando piedras volvánicas a Barbablanca. Son cortadas por su naginata.Barbablanca: Estúpido, deberías dedicarte a encender velas de tartas No hay más nombres mencionados. Hay muchas páginas sin nada más que las peleas desarrollándose.Al final, el hijo de Oz Little Oz Junior aparece con la sombra de Luffy. Quiere salvar a Ace, así que se une a la lucha. Tsuru-san dice que podría ser problemático.Parece ser obra de Moria. Desearía que ya estuviera muerto.A Flamingo de duelen las piernas, sacan sus lenguas (Flamingo y Moria)

chitgoks
August 19, 2009, 01:36 AM
kizaru's really the arrogant type. i wouldnt mind him being defeated. not sure if this is a good chapter. not much development here

iamsmurf
August 19, 2009, 01:56 AM
Marco moves like a logia user..interesting..

predsfan
August 19, 2009, 01:58 AM
I love the give and take between Kizaru and Marco. The way they are just mocking each other I find funny. Not to mention Kizaru is so laid back, I'm pretty sure that makes him my favorite admiral.

Ero-Sanji
August 19, 2009, 02:24 AM
I don't think Oda would break such a statement as the five flight granting fruits I mean he said it for a reason, no?

patz
August 19, 2009, 02:29 AM
I hope we get more mythical Zoan types in the future; Unicorn, Andromeda, Cygnus, Dragon and even get some Zodiac Zoan type fruits. They could be One Piece 12 guardians. Luffy and co need to pass these 12 guardians in 12 hours to get One Piece. :-P

Aikidoka
August 19, 2009, 02:32 AM
WTF? For once Oda was predictable.

hyugasosby
August 19, 2009, 02:44 AM
Well I leave with a better image quality in Spanish
http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/3276/42631022.jpg
http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/7748/29526739.jpg
http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/4081/23281924.jpg
http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/346/28447241.jpg

M.D.Ace
August 19, 2009, 03:11 AM
people keep saying oda was predictable...i dont look at it as thought he was predictable. its just that the clues were there and you would have to be a dunce not to see them. for example, we all knew all the admirals nick names are directly linked to the power they have like blue pheasant = ice, yellow monkey = light.. everybody theorised on almost every red substance in the world so obviously one of the predictions was going to be correct. if oda was going to try and not be predictable this time round then akainu's power would have not been good or strong because we had all predicted on pretty much every strong red looking df it could be :darn

and for the case of marco. well the pheonix is cool so it doesnt matter if it was predictable

LeDuck
August 19, 2009, 03:22 AM
Well the thing is, that we already got a clue to Marco's Power.
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/553/16-17/
On the last Page you can see that he has wings and fire comes out of his body, so it's not that hard to think of a Phoenix. Now who predicted he was a Phoenix before that Chapter? ;)
It really doesn't matter anyway, the Chapter looks amazing, but I hope I'm not the only one, who thinks the Part with Oz junior was written in a very weird way.

iamsmurf
August 19, 2009, 03:33 AM
Well the thing is, that we already got a clue to Marco's Power.
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/553/16-17/
On the last Page you can see that he has wings and fire comes out of his body, so it's not that hard to think of a Phoenix. Now who predicted he was a Phoenix before that Chapter?
It really doesn't matter anyway, the Chapter looks amazing, but I hope I'm not the only one, who thinks the Part with Oz junior was written in a very weird way.

me! me..hehe i predicted it but i think all us thought he was either phoenix or gas man.. Can any1 tell me hu Akainu look lyk in the real life? since the other 2 admirals were based from real life actors.:)

Organizized
August 19, 2009, 03:56 AM
me! me..hehe i predicted it but i think all us thought he was either phoenix or gas man.. Can any1 tell me hu Akainu look lyk in the real life? since the other 2 admirals were based from real life actors.:)

The most common belief seems to be Bunta Sugawara (http://images.google.com/images?client=safari&rls=sv-se&q=Bunta%20Sugawara&oe=UTF-8&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wi), at least before we saw his face in the spoilers. I'm still not 100% on him but he seems like a pretty accurate match.

Also, if these three/four pages are all we see of the interaction between Kizaru and Marco, then the chapter title might make a lot more sense. Most of the chapter probably will be for the proper introduction of Akainu. And then at the end Oz Jr. (Oars III?) :p

chitgoks
August 19, 2009, 05:26 AM
The most common belief seems to be Bunta Sugawara (http://images.google.com/images?client=safari&rls=sv-se&q=Bunta%20Sugawara&oe=UTF-8&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wi), at least before we saw his face in the spoilers. I'm still not 100% on him but he seems like a pretty accurate match.

Also, if these three/four pages are all we see of the interaction between Kizaru and Marco, then the chapter title might make a lot more sense. Most of the chapter probably will be for the proper introduction of Akainu. And then at the end Oz Jr. (Oars III?) :p

he looks similar. you could be right. man... even if people guessed what devil fruits akainu and marco have, oda gave us another surprise. oz jr.!!!

zerocooldx
August 19, 2009, 05:40 AM
I'm curious as to why Akainu looks so much older than Aokiji or Kizaru. I mean he looks as if hes at least 10 years older than the two of them. But i suppose this could also play a role in Akainu possibly taking over for Sengoku if anything happened to him. That and of course the fact that he is a firm believe in "Absolute Justice".

Raijū
August 19, 2009, 06:04 AM
i just saw the pics i lie the phoenix but did not like its face alot but the flames behind it was what i imagined

Yeah he look like he's wearing a mask

gesgift
August 19, 2009, 06:26 AM
I'm curious as to why Akainu looks so much older than Aokiji or Kizaru. I mean he looks as if hes at least 10 years older than the two of them. But i suppose this could also play a role in Akainu possibly taking over for Sengoku if anything happened to him. That and of course the fact that he is a firm believe in "Absolute Justice".

I'm glad Akainu reacts to the eagre to attack quickly from the other two Admirals, 'cuase they really should be the last line of defense. First they should send out the Captains and VA's, next the giants and last of all the admirals. Now it's going to be more of a fuss than expected.

Which Luffy will have to make good use of!

toxun
August 19, 2009, 06:48 AM
It's seemed Akainu won't move forward into the front line. Seemed he's the one who deal with Luffy later on. But who will engage Sengoku?

gesgift
August 19, 2009, 07:28 AM
It's seemed Akainu won't move forward into the front line. Seemed he's the one who deal with Luffy later on. But who will engage Sengoku?

Well, there this fine chap called Eddy Newgate, who adressed Sengoku upon his arrival to Marine HQ. Maybe he'll confront Sengoku, after dealing with the minions?

ScratchmenApoo
August 19, 2009, 07:46 AM
"Akainu talks like an old man btw."

How can you tell if he talks like an old man by reading text ? I don't understand.

And I also understand why Akainu's face wasn't shown before... it's because he's so ugly.

Anyways... this rare mythical ancient zoan fruit allows the user to regenerate or is it because the zoan is phoenix... that means it's even better than Logia ? And there are lots of mythical creatures - minotaurs, centaurs, hydras, dragons and whatnot... I hope we're gonna see some of them in the New World.

Now that a lot of fighting is already going on.. Eneru should come down from the sky, shock everyone with the lightning and steal the women so he can make moon babies.

Shadoguardian
August 19, 2009, 07:49 AM
Alright my own personal prediction is that Luffy will most probably be fighting Akainu as his personal opponent. During the fight, Luffy learns he has Haki and uses it randomly.

Raijū
August 19, 2009, 07:59 AM
"Akainu talks like an old man btw."

How can you tell if he talks like an old man by reading text ? I don't understand.

And I also understand why Akainu's face wasn't shown before... it's because he's so ugly.

Anyways... this rare mythical ancient zoan fruit allows the user to regenerate or is it because the zoan is phoenix... that means it's even better than Logia ? And there are lots of mythical creatures - minotaurs, centaurs, hydras, dragons and whatnot... I hope we're gonna see some of them in the New World.

Now that a lot of fighting is already going on.. Eneru should come down from the sky, shock everyone with the lightning and steal the women so he can make moon babies.

In Japan, the writing and talking differ from generation to social class.

We can describe it as a logia who can only take the shape of a phoenix...he seem as good as logia defensivly but we didn't saw him attacking with his df (he just kicked Kizaru).

minotaurs/impel down minotauros?

Ero-Sanji
August 19, 2009, 08:04 AM
Alright my own personal prediction is that Luffy will most probably be fighting Akainu as his personal opponent. During the fight, Luffy learns he has Haki and uses it randomly.

I disagree first of all Luffy has three natural enemies; Fire, Ice and Sharp things and because he can't control his Haki that would mean that it's impossible for Luffy to defeat, Ace, Aokiji and Daz Bones.

Now back to Akainu since he's a Magma/Volcano man he's attacks are extremely hot even hotter than Aces fire. One attack can be critical and if he's a Logia which he might be than it's even worse. No, Luffy is not in that level he can't even beat Smoker.

Imo Luffy will not have THAT much fighting screen time as he usually have you know this big finish thing. Instead that will be the job of Whitebeard. Now Luffy's Mission will be to save Ace that's for sure. But this time he will be the one to save and not like Enies Lobby where he just let Franky through...

Remember this is still a part of Straw hats downfall it's not a good time for sudden power ups. A theory of mine is that the power of the Straw hats will rise in fishman island. Whitebeards death will result in a terrible condition for the citizens of the island and Jimbei who has followed the crew will ask them for help and ofc Luffy will accept it as he always has when a crew member is going to join (half exception) Franky. But yes I think Jimbei will join!

zerocooldx
August 19, 2009, 08:09 AM
I'm 99.99% positive that Luffy will fight Smoker when he arrives at Marinford. And i'm hoping that happens soon. Also Akainu looks pretty bad-ass.

zozo96
August 19, 2009, 08:17 AM
Okay, it's confirmed that Marco ate a phoenix devil fruit. Phoenix is mythical beast. Thus, it is possible that other zoan fruits of mythical beasts also exist in the world of One Piece, such as genbu, shukaku, kirin, and shenlong fruits.

Moreover, when there is a hito hito no mi fruit, there are also possibilities that dwarf fruit, elf fruit, or even giant fruit exist. I hope Oda is not going to lose his focus in completing One Piece. To be a truly epos/epic, One Piece needs to cover a great length of story without losing its uniqueness.

Showatt
August 19, 2009, 08:34 AM
Hey I think Dragon has the mythical dragon fruit, becuz in china, dragons are also the ruler of weather.

so that was how he managed to control the weather in longtown.

Superman
August 19, 2009, 08:46 AM
It is a possibility. But, it will be pretty lame. His name is Monkey D. Dragon and he ate dragon devil fruit?

Maybe his name isnt realy Dragon. Perhaps its only a nickname because he has the Dragon fruit. I mean comon. Can you imagine that his parents decided that his name is Dragon???

Duzy
August 19, 2009, 08:51 AM
It is a possibility. But, it will be pretty lame. His name is Monkey D. Dragon and he ate dragon devil fruit?

ppl: How come your power matches your name ?
Dragon: I've been looking for this fruit so that it would match my name nicely. Isn't that just logical ?
ppl: how do you call this logical !!!??? (in big font and with ppl's eyes shooting out just like when Luffy says something utterly idiotic.)

I can soo see this happen.

Mythsoul
August 19, 2009, 09:11 AM
hmm i second that........Luffy is at Shichibukai level.......and now with Haki....he can be better.....if only he masters it .....perhaps in the fight......handcock gives him some pointers.....o well.....let's see what happens next.........

Akainu
August 19, 2009, 10:00 AM
As exiting all this news may be we're still in a discussion thread, so please don't restrict yourself to oneline posts etc.. Those and offtopic posts will be deleted as always.

Yans86
August 19, 2009, 10:07 AM
Marco is F*****g cool!!!!awesome........

Looks like Mihawk didn't even move after the first slash while Josu is throwing Iceberg against Akainu...I like that :-D

gesgift
August 19, 2009, 10:17 AM
minotaurs/impel down minotauros?

Croc already explained that... (sorry to have forgotten which chapter in ID): they're awakened Zoans. I don't know what that just means, but seems 'awakaned' zoans are strong and recover quickly. Minotauros was probably just a cow-zoan.

Marco's type, the ancient-type Zoans and eventual Parmecia's make me so look forward to the fightinh that's gonna happen, there is bound to be some beautifull action here :)

EDIT: here it is http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/544/11/

Raijū
August 19, 2009, 10:57 AM
Croc already explained that... (sorry to have forgotten which chapter in ID): they're awakened Zoans. I don't know what that just means, but seems 'awakaned' zoans are strong and recover quickly. Minotauros was probably just a cow-zoan.

Marco's type, the ancient-type Zoans and eventual Parmecia's make me so look forward to the fightinh that's gonna happen, there is bound to be some beautifull action here :)

EDIT: here it is http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/544/11/

In mythology, the minotaur didn't had a specific hability like the phoenix so he would too much look like the impel down minotauros. that's why i putted a "?" at the end.

Zehahaha
August 19, 2009, 11:02 AM
Seems that Marco know how to use Haki (He can kick Kizaru, and the only one who did that was Rayleigh thanks to his Haki... ) Phoenix DF + Haki... Oh man that's too much

PaLLl
August 19, 2009, 11:12 AM
Seems that Marco know how to use Haki (He can kick Kizaru, and the only one who did that was Rayleigh thanks to his Haki... ) Phoenix DF + Haki... Oh man that's too much

WHAT ?
Where's no info about Haki...only will power that's all....about Kizaru and Ray fight were million topics........

Man it's simple Physics ! Fire vs Fire = Equal

Enel vs Luffy = Equal (Lighting vs Rubber)
Smoker vs Ace = Equal (Smoke vs Fire)
etcc...

Read spoiler for example - Marco is a very rare crypto-zoanfruit user: He is a phoenix!
Kizaru and him are equal, they cannot defeat each other.

Where in da hell you see something about haki ?

DARK
August 19, 2009, 11:16 AM
Akainu "talks like an old man?" Sounds to me that he is the only one who is actually serious about this...

Zehahaha
August 19, 2009, 11:22 AM
WHAT ?
Where's no info about Haki...only will power that's all....about Kizaru and Ray fight were million topics........

Man it's simple Physics ! Fire vs Fire = Equal

Enel vs Luffy = Equal (Lighting vs Rubber)
Smoker vs Ace = Equal (Smoke vs Fire)
etcc...

Read spoiler for example - Marco is a very rare crypto-zoanfruit user: He is a phoenix!
Kizaru and him are equal, they cannot defeat each other.

Where in da hell you see something about haki ?

First, it's Light Vs Zoan ( crypto zoan fruit as you said ), so it's not Fire Vs Fire like you claimed... Plus, if you look at the pictures, you can see that Kizaru's attacks didn't affect him, but Marco's kick affected Kizaru... So how did Marco touch Kizaru ? For me there's only one answer : Haki...

tothx
August 19, 2009, 11:28 AM
Remember this is still a part of Straw hats downfall it's not a good time for sudden power ups. A theory of mine is that the power of the Straw hats will rise in fishman island. Whitebeards death will result in a terrible condition for the citizens of the island and Jimbei who has followed the crew will ask them for help and ofc Luffy will accept it as he always has when a crew member is going to join (half exception) Franky. But yes I think Jimbei will join!

Uhm, this is a time of all Straw Hats beeing in training camps around the world. They'll come back as pure monsters, ready to take on the new world.

Allso, Luffy will most likely in the duration of this arc do something that shows ridicilous amounts of potencial announcing him to everyone present as a real contender as the next pirate king! This is Oda's chance to introduce Luffy D. Monkey to Whitebeards crew and allies, and you can be damn sure he aint about to miss it. Random guess says Luffy will get pissed off right before Ace's execution and knock out 50000 men at a random with his Haki. (Though it might not be "that" impressive :p)

gesgift
August 19, 2009, 11:32 AM
In mythology, the minotaur didn't had a specific hability like the phoenix so he would too much look like the impel down minotauros. that's why i putted a "?" at the end.

I think the other 3 with the name 'mino' were there to show that they might be special Zoans, but nothing more then that.

It's true that the minotauros is a mythological creature, but he was just a bastard afteral, not a great mythological creature like the phoenix ;)

tothx
August 19, 2009, 11:34 AM
First, it's Light Vs Zoan ( crypto zoan fruit as you said ), so it's not Fire Vs Fire like you claimed... Plus, if you look at the pictures, you can see that Kizaru's attacks didn't affect him, but Marco's kick affected Kizaru... So how did Marco touch Kizaru ? For me there's only one answer : Haki...

It seems to me people are making Haki up to be something rare, to me it seems more like it's something everyone has, some can control (and probably a conciderable amount of people in the new world can) and it varies a lot in strength.

DARK
August 19, 2009, 11:36 AM
Uhm, this is a time of all Straw Hats beeing in training camps around the world. They'll come back as pure monsters, ready to take on the new world.

What does this have to do with spoilers?
Anyways, we all know what the Straw Hats are doing. They aren't training to me...

Yans86
August 19, 2009, 11:37 AM
Marco's kick affected Kizaru... So how did Marco touch Kizaru ? For me there's only one answer : Haki...

Yep,we said it a lot with Rayleigh too....but don't worry,people will come back saying he had a mirror mirror fruit or other b******t like that.......if they don't want to understand is their own problem :-D

Zehahaha
August 19, 2009, 11:38 AM
It seems to me people are making Haki up to be something rare, to me it seems more like it's something everyone has, some can control (and probably a conciderable amount of people in the new world can) and it varies a lot in strength.

I agree with you in this, and I even think that every great pirate like Marco has Haki
Anyway, that's not the topic to talk about it.

Oh damn, i want to see some pictures of Little Oz :p

DARK
August 19, 2009, 11:38 AM

We all know that Marco knows Haki. If Marco has a Zoan-Logia, then Logia would cancel out Logia. They couldn't hurt each other. And Zoan-type fruits cannot hurt Logia anyway. So basically Marco has Haki.

deffkryz
August 19, 2009, 12:09 PM
Sorry but... "Zoan-Logia"... any mixture of different types sounds ridiculous. What's next? Paramecia-Zoan? Sounds like a horse gave birth to a donk's child...

If it's Zoan, Marco's recovering can be explained totally by the Phoenix' power to revive itself after burning to ashes. So Marco's power basically does nothing but healing himself from any injury and as it seems, he's not suffering any pain by these injuries.

On the other side, if it's a Logia it doesn't need to be a Zoan anymore because as we know from Eneru, Logia attacks and forms can take any form the user wishes. (Ch.279 from page 13 on (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/279/13/))

So please... just stop those theories about a Zoan-Logia mixture. :reject :nerve

Lord Rayleigh
August 19, 2009, 12:17 PM
Just something about the zoans.
In the mythology, there are two kinds of beasts : beasts that are a mix of two species (minotaur, centaur, pegasus, sphinx etc ...) and the rest what I would call " true " beasts. In One Piece, the " mix " beasts are explained by normal zoans that were eaten by a normal specie whereas the mythologic zoans belong to the other category, true beasts.
Thus, there will be no centaur (half-human, half-horse) in One Piece as the horse fruit was used to do Pegasus (half-bird, half-horse) and the human fruit by Chopper. And the minotaur of ID cannot belong to the mythological DF.
So, you can expect for future mythological DFs : sea fan, hydra, harpy, cyclop, cerberus, chimaera (a mix of too many species to be a " mix " DF).
And you can expect for the " mix " DFs : sphinx (half-bird, half-lion/cat).

DARK
August 19, 2009, 12:24 PM
Sorry but... "Zoan-Logia"... any mixture of different types sounds ridiculous. What's next? Paramecia-Zoan? Sounds like a horse gave birth to a donk's child...

So please... just stop those theories about a Zoan-Logia mixture.

Yes, but the spoiler says Marco is "changing into flames and back like a Logia," yet has a Zoan-Type Devil Fruit...

SenninSage
August 19, 2009, 12:41 PM
We all know that Marco knows Haki. If Marco has a Zoan-Logia, then Logia would cancel out Logia. They couldn't hurt each other. And Zoan-type fruits cannot hurt Logia anyway. So basically Marco has Haki.

Marco was one of few who wasn't bothered or falling over from Shank's presence, so it makes sense.

gesgift
August 19, 2009, 12:49 PM
In the mythology, there are two kinds of beasts : beasts that are a mix of two species (minotaur, centaur, pegasus, sphinx etc ...) and the rest what I would call " true " beasts. In One Piece, the " mix " beasts are explained by normal zoans that were eaten by a normal specie whereas the mythologic zoans belong to the other category, true beasts.

Makes me wonder if there are Mythical Zoans or other DF's in for example shanks his crew.

Anyways, Marco looks really cool as a bird, especially because he still has that special look on his face.

ScratchmenApoo
August 19, 2009, 12:55 PM
To me, it just seems that Marco mastered his rare Zoan, giving him additional powers according to his animal - since most of the Zoan users just have a regular animal, so they don't have those kind of special powers... unless they use a Rumble Ball to awaken hidden ones, but they still wouldn't get anything magical...
Marco's Fruit has to be strong if it's even rarer than Logia.

I'm also hoping to see more Devil Fruits on people not-so-known yet, like those New World Captains etc.

deffkryz
August 19, 2009, 12:56 PM
Yes, but the spoiler says Marco is "changing into flames and back like a Logia," yet has a Zoan-Type Devil Fruit...

There isn't any line like that in the MH spoiler thread.

Source: AP
Credit: Aohige_AP
Verification: Confirmed

The additonal Nja spoilers

Marco's face is pierced through.
He then transforms into phoenix and attacks Kizaru and is torn into pieces with barrage of lasers, but reforms back and slams into Kizaru. Kizaru is blown away, saying that hurt~ but Marco says you liar.
He is seen walking casually right after that.

Can be explained either way I already stated - but it can't be both referring to the categories given in "One Piece Yellow - Grand Elements". So it's gotta be either Zoan or Logia. end-of-story

Marco was one of few who wasn't bothered or falling over from Shank's presence, so it makes sense.

Huh?! No, he's just simply strong enough to withstand Shanks' haoushoku and doesn't have any respect for that redhair.

Poneglyph420
August 19, 2009, 01:03 PM
Wow! I'm happily surprised that Marco has a DF that's more rare and unique than previously seen. If it's indeed as special as we assume, Mythical Zoan users would be so rare and powerful. I hope his strength isn't all based on being an uber rare DF user.
Also this is only Marco's introduction, let's see what his power is like a full capacity.

obamamania
August 19, 2009, 01:07 PM
Aren't every DF rare, considering that there is only one of each in the world lol. I guess they mean there are more logia types than mythical zoan types, but there is only one type of every individual fruit...

And btw, HOW THE HELL were the predictions about Marco and Akainu correct two weeks ago, it was a fake spoiler and Akainu didn't do anything at all. Marco was a little better to guess because apparently there was a wing and fire, so that was a smart prediction, but Akainu being a magma man was really pure speculation up until this point, though something tough and possibly earth related was a good guess. Flaming personality and tough exterior, those do seem to represent his power.

Black Lagoon
August 19, 2009, 01:18 PM
they are but Zoan and Logia are more

tothx
August 19, 2009, 01:51 PM
Huh?! No, he's just simply strong enough to withstand Shanks' haoushoku and doesn't have any respect for that redhair.

Shanks has strong haki indeed, but it is not mentioned anywhere that he has haoushoku haki. He probably doesnt.

Freakzin
August 19, 2009, 01:58 PM
LOL, Luffy's ship is going KABOOM!

how are they gonna get out of that one??

zozo96
August 19, 2009, 02:01 PM
I just found an awesome quotation about the phoenix:

"A mythical bird that never dies, the phoenix flies far ahead to the front, always scanning the landscape and distant space. It represents our capacity for vision, for collecting sensory information about our environment and the events unfolding within it. The phoenix, with its great beauty, creates intense excitement and deathless inspiration." - The Feng Shui Handbook, feng shui Master Lam Kam Chuen

If Oda knew this information, we can be sure that a guy like Marco surely not an ordinary man. I bet that some day Oda will give us a flashback about him. He is like the brain or the strategist of the WB pirates. After all, WB doesn't looked like a man that will look before he jump. :amuse

More information about Phoenix: the stories about it do not tell us that a phoenix cannot die. It can die, burnt out, but then from the ashes, it will reborn. This characteristic doesn't suit Marco in OP. Oda gives us an immortal phoenix. Well, things like this happened.

kaizoku king
August 19, 2009, 02:02 PM
i dont believe that all mystic zoan are like logia its just that phoenix are magical creatures which never die they just age and reborn or heal themselves.

sage mode
August 19, 2009, 02:03 PM
Shanks has strong haki indeed, but it is not mentioned anywhere that he has haoushoku haki. He probably doesnt.

http://media.onemanga.com/mangas/00000002/000128882/04.jpg

but here its the same what luffy did at amazon lilly

Zehahaha
August 19, 2009, 02:10 PM
Oh man, Luffy and Co are here ! This is gonna be truly the most epic battle in One Piece :p

And, I didn't understand what Kuma did... Did he teleport himself in front of WB or what ?

Ero-Sanji
August 19, 2009, 02:13 PM
Thus, there will be no centaur (half-human, half-horse) in One Piece as the horse fruit was used to do Pegasus (half-bird, half-horse) and the human fruit by Chopper. And the minotaur of ID cannot belong to the mythological DF.
So, you can expect for future mythological DFs : sea fan, hydra, harpy, cyclop, cerberus, chimaera (a mix of too many species to be a " mix " DF).
And you can expect for the " mix " DFs : sphinx (half-bird, half-lion/cat).

Agree!

But I don't think the Sea fan and the Hydra to be available u know why. As for the Harpy?... Nah, I think it's enough with the Pheonix as the bird type and the Harpy is already a human hybrid in full form how would it be in the fruits hybrid form? Anyway Cerberus and Chimera are excellent candidates both should have amazing abilities and the Chimera should also be very funny to watch with the three heads and the goat in the middle like "What the f*ck how did I end up here!?.

As for the cyclops I think they would be a side branch of the giants like Oz family and Gauls family.

I think he only will have three of the Greek Mythology. As for the Japanese two more comical figures might be the Tanuki and Enma(was he really a monkey?). A demon overall could also e available and the Grim reaper to! Imagine Life itself(Brooke) vs Death Awesome =)

DARK
August 19, 2009, 02:16 PM
i dont believe that all mystic zoan are like logia its just that phoenix are magical creatures which never die they just age and reborn or heal themselves.

Phoenixes revive themselves within the flames, if that is what they meant by "changing and turning back into flames like a Logia."

Pimpwerx
August 19, 2009, 02:39 PM
I'm glad Akainu reacts to the eagre to attack quickly from the other two Admirals, 'cuase they really should be the last line of defense. First they should send out the Captains and VA's, next the giants and last of all the admirals. Now it's going to be more of a fuss than expected.

Which Luffy will have to make good use of!

I do feel that Aokiji had to make his move since he's the only one capable of stopping the two tidal waves. Not sure why Kizaru made his move other than he might have felt there was an opening created by Aokiji's failed attack. PEACE.

ScratchmenApoo
August 19, 2009, 02:53 PM
Expect a lot of seriously messed up devil fruits from Oda...
Let's see, a Door Door Fruit or Cage Cage Fruit... how does one come up with these? He really is a genius...

I wanna see more of them in this chapter !!!

Superman
August 19, 2009, 02:59 PM
Its crazy that these totally weak(Marco) and even more butt uglier guy(Jozu) are so strong.
If it wouldnt have had mentioned on this meating (shanks and whitebeard) that these victims are 1 and 3 division captions i would have though they have to clean the toilets and the outside of the ship. They are just very simple people:D with their chlothes as well but the more we see Marco and Jozu in action the more i like them:D:D:D.

[hr]

Expect a lot of seriously messed up devil fruits from Oda...
Let's see, a Door Door Fruit or Cage Cage Fruit... how does one come up with these? He really is a genius...

I wanna see more of them in this chapter !!!

I think Vegapunk has the Genius Genius no mi. Seriously why not. I mean he is 500 years ahead with his knowledge he must have eaten a genius genius no mi its easy right?! Im pretty corious about what you guys think of this idea.

fdbgdg
August 19, 2009, 03:02 PM
Heres a spoiler. The last time i posted it it was deleated. I dont even know why and who it was just pm me or write it in this massege here thanks.

Source: APforums
Credit: Ponx
Verification: Confirmed

It's fanfic of course it got deleted.

Evec
August 19, 2009, 03:14 PM
I actually hope there won't be too many mythical DF, otherwise it would defeat the purpose of them being rarer than logias... (don't want it to become like the sharingan of naruto... )

Danny
August 19, 2009, 03:56 PM
I completely agree with that we had better not see the Unicorn man or the Dragon man running around anytime soon or it'll defeat the rareity although we may now know where Dragon got his name from would be pretty epic if he ate that fruit :P

DARK
August 19, 2009, 03:57 PM
I actually hope there won't be too many mythical DF, otherwise it would defeat the purpose of them being rarer than logias... (don't want it to become like the sharingan of naruto... )

I agree- there should probably be like 5-10 in existence.

cno
August 19, 2009, 03:57 PM
Even if there were up to 10 people with Mythical Zoan fruits (just throwing that number out there) it still wouldn't be as over kill as the sharingan in Naruto.

Just because the Sharingan was supposed to only belong to a specific race of people that were apparently all killed.

Whom seem to come back to life or have their sharingan transplanted into someone else. Every 50 or so chapters.

Basically what I am saying is, if the amount of people that were to obtain a Mythical Zoan fruit even reached up to 10 (probably not going to happen) all that would mean is 10 people found those 10 rare fruits. Really not overkill.

In fact I'm happy that this has happened. It seemed since Logia's were first introduced that unless you happened to be lucky enough to posses an natural counter to whatever Logia you happen to be facing at the time. You basically had to run.

PS: Spoilers pics are sick. Marco looks like a super bad ass.

DARK
August 19, 2009, 04:00 PM
OK, why are you talking about the Sharingan on a One Piece spoiler thread?

Danny
August 19, 2009, 04:08 PM
We're making a comparisson you should probably learn to read and you'd be able to decypher that saying we don't want the Mythical Zoans to become as common place as the Sharingan became in Naruto and we'd enjoy if the Mythical Zoans really did stay as Rare as they are Suggested to be. On a side note I really wanna see Oz Jr see if he's as big as his pappa lol.

DARK
August 19, 2009, 04:16 PM
We're making a comparisson you should probably learn to read and you'd be able to decypher that saying we don't want the Mythical Zoans to become as common place as the Sharingan became in Naruto and we'd enjoy if the Mythical Zoans really did stay as Rare as they are Suggested to be. On a side note I really wanna see Oz Jr see if he's as big as his pappa lol.

The Mystical Zoan fruits are said to be "rarer than Logia," which doesn't say much since the majority of the villain(s) in the show had Logia fruits.

Also people keep saying that Haki is an "innate ability," yet the majority of people now are using it.

zerocooldx
August 19, 2009, 04:21 PM
The Mystical Zoan fruits are said to be "rarer than Logia," which doesn't say much since the majority of the villain(s) in the show had Logia fruits.

Also people keep saying that Haki is an "innate ability," yet the majority of people now are using it.

Compared to the rest of the OP worlds population the "majority" does not posess Haki or DF abilities. Besides of course we are going to see a lot of people with Haki and DF abilties. Mainly because we are watching the worlds most powerful induviduals battle. But compared to the rest they are very tiny percentage.

Romanov D Paul
August 19, 2009, 04:27 PM
Uah, I'm back from one week to the seaside without computer and I'm already excited for the next development of the story! Like I said before, the feathered thingy covering Marco's head in the last page of chap 553 was INDEED a wing... Well, gotta admit that this was another good point from Oda. It was already evident that Zoan users were A LOT weeker then Logia's and some Paramecia's as well, so the existence of a category of Zoan able to keep up with those makes perfect sense... As for Oz Jr, even if I haven't got to see him already it's already my favourite character! :D. Could someone confirm me that the translation is not correct and it's simply stated that he is the descendant of the guy "who had luffy's shadow in"? thx

Black Lagoon
August 19, 2009, 04:27 PM
I completely agree with that we had better not see the Unicorn man or the Dragon man running around anytime soon or it'll defeat the rareity although we may now know where Dragon got his name from would be pretty epic if he ate that fruit :P

the dragon might be with Shanks and the Unicorn with the other Yonkou
just a thought

DARK
August 19, 2009, 04:34 PM
the dragon might be with Shanks and the Unicorn with the other Yonkou
just a thought

Dragon? I still go with the possibility with Dragon. If Marco the phoenix has blue fire abilities, perhaps Dragon has wind abilities as a dragon?

I doubt Shanks has a Devil Fruit if any because he wasn't sinking when he saved Luffy 10 years ago. He even said himself that they were "cursed fruits."

Morlun
August 19, 2009, 04:38 PM
Well, we know Zoro can cut through steel, and believes cutting through diamond to be a waste of time (ie, he believes he can cut through anything). So, if Mihawk is that good, I'm guessing he may very well win that fight.

Marco and Kizaru looks like a tie, so maybe they'll swap partners. I can't wait to see what Luffy will do though.

"Logia this, mythical Zoan that... look, a rubberman... how cute. *gomu-gomu no bazookaaaaaa* Uh... was that Vice-Admiral Momonga who was just sent flying?"

I believe the most epic "incident" in this whole arc will be Luffy proclaiming himself the man who'll become Kaizoku live for the whole Grand Line with a battered Admiral / Shichibukai at his feet.

Oh, and Oz (Oars?) Jr.? LOL. What's that about Luffy's shadow, though?

Finally, with Akainu's power revealed, the connection can be made:

http://img188.imageshack.us/img188/2460/1011copy.jpg (http://img188.imageshack.us/i/1011copy.jpg/)

(Jide, I am truly sorry. This is a cruel way to treat your colouring, but I couldn't help myself.)

Black Lagoon
August 19, 2009, 04:38 PM
Dragon? I still go with the possibility with Dragon. If Marco the phoenix has blue fire abilities, perhaps Dragon has wind abilities as a dragon?

I doubt Shanks has a Devil Fruit if any because he wasn't sinking when he saved Luffy 10 years ago. He even said himself that they were "cursed fruits."

I was talking about a division commander :amuse
someone in the crew

DARK
August 19, 2009, 04:41 PM
I was talking about a division commander :amuse
someone in the crew

Nope, I still think Dragon has "dragon," though you're probably right. Shanks probably has DF and Haki users in his crew too.

k-dom
August 19, 2009, 04:52 PM
I don't doubt the interview, but we've likely already exceeded 100 to be honest.
according to the wiki there are ~65 one so far but it does not count all the weird captains from last chapter which surely have eaten some.
So I assume they will largely be more than hundred (http://www.arlongpark.net/Manga/SBS/4) in the end

considering the mythical zoan, the dragon is the first to come to mind. For the other we have to be carefull, since it would rather be japanese mythical animals but I don't know them much.

Raijū
August 19, 2009, 04:58 PM
but here its the same what luffy did at amazon lilly

and the same as Rayleigh

Agree!

But I don't think the Sea fan and the Hydra to be available u know why. As for the Harpy?... Nah, I think it's enough with the Pheonix as the bird type and the Harpy is already a human hybrid in full form how would it be in the fruits hybrid form? Anyway Cerberus and Chimera are excellent candidates both should have amazing abilities and the Chimera should also be very funny to watch with the three heads and the goat in the middle like "What the f*ck how did I end up here!?.

-it's cerberus that have 3 heads, the chimera has 2 including the snake

so many things can happen in 10 years.He said "cursed fruits" while talking to luffy, to explain the inhability of a df user to swim.

Poneglyph420
August 19, 2009, 05:07 PM
If Oda uses all the mythical creatures available, then the overall shock of having a mythic zoan is lost. Another might exist, but if so it's something we prob. won't see for a long while....
I'd suspect Oda would use creatures like the: Dragon, Kirin, Tengu, Kitsune, Tanuki or others.
But it would be a shock if he used predominately "western" mythic creatures.
Perhaps Dragon, has the Dragon type fruit..very cliche but possible...
I really hope he won't but Oda packs this manga full of twists.....

I'm still shocked Marco is a phoenix, I mean he's able to be reborn by insanely hot flames and fly and battle in a hybrid form.....
The tempo is picking up and we can expect madness to ensue...

Lord Rayleigh
August 19, 2009, 05:09 PM
Marco has a phoenix DF and thus he can transform into phoenix. That is logical as he's got a zoan. Now, the fact is that a phoenix is constituted of blue fire.
The conclusion is that Marco (probably) cannot be hurt because blue fire (probably) cannot be hurt. That's all. There is no special abilities, no blue fire control, no zoan-logia, no reborn ability of whatever people may want. Marco can just turn into his zoan like all other zoans can. The only difference between them is that it is likely his zoan form cannot be injured because of what it is : blue fire.

Now, what if a dragon zoan exists ? His user would be able to transform into dragon. As dragon are said to be able to throw fire, the zoan user will probably be able to do so. But all the dragons are not able to control/create wind. Then, a dragon zoan would not be able to have wind abilities.
He could probably create little gusts with his wings as some other people could do thanks to other objects. But to have special magic powers with wind ? That would be a fairy tale, that's not what a zoan form can do. A zoan can only transform into hybrid form and animal form (an upgrade is possible with Rumble Ball to control better that).

Poneglyph420
August 19, 2009, 05:13 PM
Marco has a phoenix DF and thus he can transform into phoenix. That is logical as he's got a zoan. Now, the fact is that a phoenix is constituted of blue fire.
The conclusion is that Marco (probably) cannot be hurt because blue fire (probably) cannot be hurt. That's all. There is no special abilities, no blue fire control, no zoan-logia of whatever people may want. Marco can just turn into his zoan like all other zoans can. The only difference between them is that it is likely his zoan form cannot be injured because of what it is : blue fire.

Now, what if a dragon zoan exists ? His user would be able to transform into dragon. As dragon are said to be able to throw fire, the zoan user will probably be able to do so. But all the dragons are not able to control/create wind. Then, a dragon zoan would not be able to have wind abilities.
He could probably create little gusts with his wings as some other people could do thanks to other objects. But to have special magic powers with wind ? That would be a fairy tale, that's not what a zoan form can do. A zoan can only transform into hybrid form and animal form (an upgrade is possible with Rumble Ball to control better that).

Dragons in Japan don't shoot flames from their mouths..That's a western dragon... If a Dragon type existed they would control weather, ocean patterns and yes storms....

But I actually Dragon's power is Logia and he's a Kaze ningen.

Black Lagoon
August 19, 2009, 05:13 PM
I've read somewhere that oda loves animals

sanrakusay
August 19, 2009, 05:19 PM
again, we still need to wait for the Official Realease

I've learned my lessons in the "wiped out marines" part

from the previous chapters...

Lord Rayleigh
August 19, 2009, 05:21 PM
Dragons in Japan don't shoot flames from their mouths..That's a western dragon... If a Dragon type existed they would control weather, ocean patterns and yes storms....
Ok but I think a dragon in One Piece could not do so. That would not belong to the DF power. Indeed, the dragon DF would only allow the user to turn into dragon as the phoenix DF only allow the user to turn into phoenix (which is constituted of blue fire).
The rest comes from dragons'power and have no explanation. That an animal of One Piece could control wind and create storms by magic is not good ... Oda has begun to add Haki to the story, if he allowed magic to enter the story, that would be really bad.

k-dom
August 19, 2009, 05:46 PM
What about if kizaru and Aokiji swich place. The ice logia would be more effective against Marco.

zerocooldx
August 19, 2009, 05:47 PM
What about if kizaru and Aokiji swich place. The ice logia would be more effective against Marco.

I think that would be a bad matchup for Aokiji. Because fire melts ice.

Aikidoka
August 19, 2009, 05:56 PM
When I saw it, the pic reminded me of this http://tezukaosamu.net/uploads/news/N00235/84431NC.JPG. It doesn’t look entirely the same but seems to have some influences…the tail for example. I wouldn’t be surprised if Oda had read this manga when he was a kid.

sh4dx
August 19, 2009, 05:59 PM
it's getting better n better..very good marco phoenix akainu magma...i hope this doesn't ends to early and we can see more of the "big players" fights

cno
August 19, 2009, 06:03 PM
I agree- there should probably be like 5-10 in existence.

So.. you replied to someone making a comment on the sharingan.

OK, why are you talking about the Sharingan on a One Piece spoiler thread?

Than I make my post and you say the above statement.

Pretty interesting.

Anyway. What I am looking forward to finding out is if any water based animals will be used for the Zoan type devil fruit. It seems to go against the obvious point of devil fruit users can't swim.

I don't know perhaps I just want more than Fishmen using water based attacks. Aokjii doesn't count. I'm talking the liquid form.

Lord Rayleigh
August 19, 2009, 06:07 PM
I really like his phoenix face, it really fits with him.
Just have a look at his face (http://www.imagebam.com/image/e16c9745912926/) (especially his eyes) and gaze his phoenix face (http://www.imagebam.com/image/d866e345912940/).
He has kept his weird look he always has : and here it seems he has smoken weed.

NoLimit89
August 19, 2009, 06:18 PM
Well, we know Zoro can cut through steel, and believes cutting through diamond to be a waste of time (ie, he believes he can cut through anything). So, if Mihawk is that good, I'm guessing he may very well win that fight.

Marco and Kizaru looks like a tie, so maybe they'll swap partners. I can't wait to see what Luffy will do though.

"Logia this, mythical Zoan that... look, a rubberman... how cute. *gomu-gomu no bazookaaaaaa* Uh... was that Vice-Admiral Momonga who was just sent flying?"

I believe the most epic "incident" in this whole arc will be Luffy proclaiming himself the man who'll become Kaizoku live for the whole Grand Line with a battered Admiral / Shichibukai at his feet.

Oh, and Oz (Oars?) Jr.? LOL. What's that about Luffy's shadow, though?

Finally, with Akainu's power revealed, the connection can be made:

http://img188.imageshack.us/img188/2460/1011copy.jpg (http://img188.imageshack.us/i/1011copy.jpg/)

(Jide, I am truly sorry. This is a cruel way to treat your colouring, but I couldn't help myself.)

SENGOKU IS BULBASAUR!!!! instead of a flower, he got a seagull ... and a goat that munches on paper ... papar = plant type ... OMG!!!!

Benjamin Kaito
August 19, 2009, 06:38 PM
For the people who are saying that zoan are way too weak, dont forget that most zoans shown so far have straight effects so its obvious that they are weaker. Imagine a salamader zoan. A salamander has regenerative powers and some even produce poison on their skin so someone with this zoan would be considerably powerfull. This is all Oda's doing as he wants to show us the weak stuff first and then with time and as the story goes, unveil all those awesome powers.

r@z
August 19, 2009, 06:40 PM
Did anyone else notice that Marco "partially" transformed into his DF form? Does this open the door to Chopper gaining more control over his ability when using the rumble-ball or (more aptly for this example) him doing away with them completely?? On the other (less interesting in terms of Chopper's development) it could be just a side-effect of this new type of Zoan ability, but it seems interesting to me.

Oh yea, also: Monster-Cat (Bake-Neko I think it's called) or Split-tailed-fox (I don't know what it's called) mystic-zoan being "eaten" by Nami's clima-tact FOR-THE-WIN...

bittman
August 19, 2009, 07:07 PM
Chopper is always, in a way "partially transformed" unless he is in his Walk Point.

He has the Human Human fruit, yet the closest he gets to human is the Heavy Point, which is still quite furry but generally human.

Everything else is a "partial transformation". Chopper has always had the greatest control over his DF when compared to other Zoan's, however with the recently introduced "Awakened Zoans" when compared to his Monster Point, we realise that perhaps Chopper is further from complete DF control than we thought.

c0nflikt
August 19, 2009, 07:22 PM
its pretty obvious Dragon is the wind fruit thats not going to change, unless there is some mythical creature that controls wind.

i wouldn't mind usopp eating a mythical zoan fruit.

but the mythical zoans raise another question what other rare types of fruits are there?

kaizoku king
August 19, 2009, 08:03 PM
i just saw the pic with oz jr and i see the family dont shrink with generation and his carrying a sword so cool i think he could kick moria ass because he actually lives in the new world and moria is afraid of there(although getting ur ass heavily kicked is a good reason to be scared)

bittman
August 19, 2009, 08:09 PM
Hmm, I'm really wondering why Oz Jnr is there. Is he a division captain? A New World captain?

None of the spoilers are really clear on why he's there.

Muzzabuzza
August 19, 2009, 08:26 PM
I'm gonna go with the "new world captain" theory ...

The last pics are just so great.

It was too early to say this before but with Marco/phoenix, Akainu/magma, his way to handle others admirals reactions and Oz jr revelations ... I think it's the right time: freaking epic chapter spotted.

Hard to believe that we don't even have the full chapter yet since it's already this good.

beastboy
August 19, 2009, 08:34 PM
We have oz jr, can we have ryuuma jr, or an arc from the past, like vegapunk having the time time no mi and sending zoro for the past to fight ryuuma and improve himself..
_____
About the chapter:
I love it, and it isn't steel out, oz jr rullez a lot.. I mean I was thinking that I wouldn't see something this big for some time..
Anyway, we have more pics of marco than of akaino, so why isn't the chapter called MARCO...