PDA

View Full Version : Chapter 248 Discussion [Bleach]

Dragonzair
October 12, 2006, 11:13 AM
Yummies on the tummies over here (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/index.php?topic=9638.0)!!!
-------------------------------------------

Woohoo! Two coloured pages, a double (coloured) spread, and a cover page on SJ! :D Does the Bleach God love us? Yes they do!! :nuts

On to a short summary, from what I can see, at least.

A small talk between a death god messenger and Byakuya, which probably has something to do with Rukia and Renji being in Hueco Mundo, and a not so happy looking Yamamoto. Which probably means this was no order from the top, but more of a secret mission.

Well, Yamamoto did say he won't be letting SS help Ichi-nii out, but, as others predicted, the shinigamis are going to be doing something about it, behind Yamamoto's back. Wheee! XD

Back in Hueco Mundo, the two best friends give Ichi the greeting he deserved. Since I can't read Japanese, I'll go ahead and guess what is going on.

Methinks they're bullying him for thinking he could do it by himself. Yep. Anywho, the hollows are mortified to see more shinigamis, plus a cute looking Nell *squeal* And Byakuya showing his vulnerable side as an older brother, as well, I might add. Scene switch to Hime in her little jail, and Ulquiorra telling her that people have come to save her.

Chapter ends with a giant balst, Ichigo and Renji watching it. (or it's possible Renji's done it, but I'm part-blind, see) :p

Enjoy the chapter! And predict away!

nohm
October 12, 2006, 02:09 PM
So I'm thinking way ahead of myself, but since Kubo is exploring the topic of "arrancar have morals and emotions too"...

What if Orihime's escape becomes aided by an arrancar that happens to get feelings for her? Because right now, the odds of team Ichigo freeing her are slim to none considering the current or even some predictable future situation. It's just my guess though... :noworry

mangadictus
October 12, 2006, 03:30 PM
My prediction would be... Ichigo and Renji wont be able to break into that building that easily. I think they will have to go around and will have to fight other hollows/arrancars in the process. While on that, Neru might share something to Ichigo about his Vaizard side and some tips maybe on how to properly manage his hollow side since it's a hollow characteristic. Maybe we will get to see a glimpse of the Vaizards working on something related to what's happening right now in HM. Also some glimpses of Keigo, Mizuru and Tatsuki training with Uruhara (now that would be nice, eh?)

thejackass98
October 12, 2006, 04:21 PM
ok for some reason i feel like orihime doesnt want to be back with ichi and co. its like she has blended in with arrankars and with the hollows having emotion as nohm mentioned is prety intersting... getting throught that wall i belive it will prolly happen cept with crap load of holllows attacking them as they break in

Sharma
October 12, 2006, 07:44 PM
A prediction?

I predict were going to see a defection of an arrancar.

And it's not Grimmjow, it's Uliquoirra.

I see absolutely no loyalty to Aizen form him, NONE. He seems the most pacfist out of all the Arrancar thus far, hell we havent even seen him fight have we? He even stopped Grimmjow pretty much in his track when he was fighting.

I'm starting to get more and more of an impression that he's a pacifist.

dysha_84
October 12, 2006, 08:32 PM
A prediction?

I predict were going to see a defection of an arrancar.

And it's not Grimmjow, it's Uliquoirra.

I see absolutely no loyalty to Aizen form him, NONE. He seems the most pacfist out of all the Arrancar thus far, hell we havent even seen him fight have we? He even stopped Grimmjow pretty much in his track when he was fighting.

I'm starting to get more and more of an impression that he's a pacifist.

yeah...im agree with u somehow...but the way he was is still remain unknown...:blink

ichigo and renji couldn't break the wall i think...they hv to find other way or wait for any hollow to go out then they go in after that...neway,ichigo power still can't fight with the espadas...there are 10 of them...how could in the world ichigo fight with them..maybe they plain jz to bring inoue back home....i think so... :p

btw..the 3 hollows with them look so funny and cute...i like the small one...hehe :smile-big

cant wait what happen next...... ;)

JusT.NarutO
October 13, 2006, 09:05 PM
I think the desert hollows have something special to help our shinigami team.
They are gonna to save Inoue, kill one of the ten espadas.
They are gonna to have a hard battle and almost lose it.. and then.. the backup arrives and saves the day (Maybe Zaraki) x)

TooNice
October 13, 2006, 09:58 PM
Umm, Ulquiorra seems rather passive, borderline soul-less, though he shows intelligence. I don't really think of him as a pacifist or see him defect for the sake of humans/Inoue though he may follow another agenda (not Aizen's) in the long term. For the coming episode, I think there is a possibility that they get into Yammi's quater (makes sense to go in order even if it's a lil 'convenient'). Chad stay back and we'll have the start of round 2 between those two.

Narasu
October 14, 2006, 07:00 PM
I think the desert hollows have something special to help our shinigami team.
They are gonna to save Inoue, kill one of the ten espadas.
They are gonna to have a hard battle and almost lose it.. and then.. the backup arrives and saves the day (Maybe Zaraki) x)

I like the idea of the desert hollows helping Ichigo and the others.

I'm predicting that most of the chapter will consists of dialogue and possibly encountering other weaker type hollows.
If any of the the espada appear, then I don't think it'll be until the middle or end of the chapter.

Debu
October 16, 2006, 02:38 AM
I think Ichigo and Renji will in fact open a hole in the wall. Aizen is too confident to care about 'locking the door.'

Ulquiorra is plenty committed to Aizen. I can't imagine him defecting in the least.

Much of their success will rely on Nell's technique that wasn't working when they ran into the sand guardian. I'm guessing it's mainly defensive: along the lines of either stunning enemies, teleporting, or making them invisible / undetectable. Aizen knows what Ichigo & co are capable of, but maybe he has no idea of Nell's abilities, which could leave a hole in Aizen's plans.

But that is too far ahead. The prediction for now...

They'll get in and encounter something relatively weak. Just enough to learn about the layout of the building and to start trying to figure out where Inoue is likely to be. In true parallel-plot fashion, they'll come up with 3 different places it's likely for Inoue to be and split up. I'm guessing the groups will be: Ichigo, Nell and a random hollow / Rukia, Ishida, and a random hollow / Renji, Chad, and a random hollow. The big worm thing will wait outside.

The key thing to look out for, if they do happen to split up, is what the extraction is going to be. One of the original crew of 3 (I'm guessing Ishida) will give each group 1 communication device so they can coordinate when they find Inoue.

Wow, this is way too specific to be right. Consider it fan fiction :p

Narasu
October 16, 2006, 10:25 AM
I think Ichigo and Renji will in fact open a hole in the wall. Aizen is too confident to care about 'locking the door.'

Ulquiorra is plenty committed to Aizen. I can't imagine him defecting in the least.

Much of their success will rely on Nell's technique that wasn't working when they ran into the sand guardian. I'm guessing it's mainly defensive: along the lines of either stunning enemies, teleporting, or making them invisible / undetectable. Aizen knows what Ichigo & co are capable of, but maybe he has no idea of Nell's abilities, which could leave a hole in Aizen's plans.

But that is too far ahead. The prediction for now...

They'll get in and encounter something relatively weak. Just enough to learn about the layout of the building and to start trying to figure out where Inoue is likely to be. In true parallel-plot fashion, they'll come up with 3 different places it's likely for Inoue to be and split up. I'm guessing the groups will be: Ichigo, Nell and a random hollow / Rukia, Ishida, and a random hollow / Renji, Chad, and a random hollow. The big worm thing will wait outside.

The key thing to look out for, if they do happen to split up, is what the extraction is going to be. One of the original crew of 3 (I'm guessing Ishida) will give each group 1 communication device so they can coordinate when they find Inoue.

Wow, this is way too specific to be right. Consider it fan fiction :p

Heh, I like the idea of the communication devices. Not really sure what they'd look like, but they're seriously going to need some, unless they plan to stick together through the entire arc.

Sharma
October 16, 2006, 11:49 AM
If they do split up, I doubt Rukia is going with anyone else besides Ichigo. :p

Narasu
October 16, 2006, 08:51 PM
If they do split up, I doubt Rukia is going with anyone else besides Ichigo. :p

lol you're probably right on this.. poor renji though ^_^

Debu
October 17, 2006, 05:07 AM
lol you're probably right on this.. poor renji though ^_^

Hmm.. good point. Maybe Rukia and Ichigo will be in the same group, and Ulquiorra will manipulate Inoue's emotions with "See how he looks at her? He is only here to save his friend, nothing more. That's what you would be going back to." And when she meets up with Ichigo, she'll end up trying the old "No, I should stay here - I don't have anything for me back there."

Soooo Nico Robin.

sharinganLS
October 17, 2006, 10:36 AM
Hmm.. good point. Maybe Rukia and Ichigo will be in the same group, and Ulquiorra will manipulate Inoue's emotions with "See how he looks at her? He is only here to save his friend, nothing more. That's what you would be going back to." And when she meets up with Ichigo, she'll end up trying the old "No, I should stay here - I don't have anything for me back there."

Soooo Nico Robin.

Yeah i like ur prediction, it seems logical and it isnt bad at all creates a gud drama. [br]Posted on: October 17, 2006, 11:31:10 AM_________________________________________________I predict ichigo and renji cut through the wall and enter the castle of one of the espada vastorodes (one of their posts that Aizen was told each of them to stay at) they will face weak arrancars who are under this espada arrancar. Hopefully by the of the chapter they might see the first espada-vastorode (leader of this post or castle) that stands in their way.

XRamirezX
October 17, 2006, 11:16 AM
let's wait and see what happens on the next chapter

kamikaze
October 17, 2006, 04:04 PM
it could be a trap, i mean, ichigo and his powerfull nakamas in hueco mundo and nobody who defends earth, ok the other shinigami but with all arancars it would be difficult without ichigo and the rest

manu
October 17, 2006, 04:21 PM
let's wait and see what happens on the next chapter

please don't say the same thing in two forums. if you don't have anything to add to the disscussion don't post.

As for the trap theory you're overestimating Ichigo's importance. The vizards are more then enough for any arrancar and unless Aizen himself feels like going to Japan for some completely random reason i don't think Earth is in trouble. Aizen's got no problem claiming Earth its SS he's worried about. Thats why he's building an army. And if he did defeat SS i think he's next goal would be Hell.

nohm
October 17, 2006, 06:14 PM
For the coming episode, I think there is a possibility that they get into Yammi's quater (makes sense to go in order even if it's a lil 'convenient'). Chad stay back and we'll have the start of round 2 between those two.

I predict ichigo and renji cut through the wall and enter the castle of one of the espada vastorodes (one of their posts that Aizen was told each of them to stay at) they will face weak arrancars who are under this espada arrancar. Hopefully by the of the chapter they might see the first espada-vastorode (leader of this post or castle) that stands in their way.

Damnit, that sounds too much like a recycled Saint Seiya plot, except with swords and no cool armors. :p

I think there's a flaw with Bleach, and it's that there's just wayyy too many characters introduced that are somehow still alive and lingering around. There's just too much for Kubo to juggle with in terms of character development. How long is he planning on making Bleach? Then again, I must digress. For a moment I forgot that this is the pinnacle of target marketing to fanboys... :noworry

Anyway, I predict that the next chapter involves the gang trying to bust into the castle after the first failed attempt. Nell will help them get in by using magic and then they will start running down a corridor, meanwhile the espada sends someone to intervene (and I don't think it should be Yami, but maybe the nine or eight).

mugen
October 17, 2006, 06:42 PM
Most likely they're not going to break the wall that easy and we're going to see Ulqiuora try hit on Inoue
and we're going to see Isshin.

ateatoi
October 18, 2006, 04:01 AM
they will break the wall and decide to split
searching for inoue!!
they will kill some arrancar in the way!! :amuse

erieru
October 18, 2006, 11:15 AM
I have to say that I don't like the lack of originality when it comes to this arc, it's way too similar to SS plot.
first getting there through the gate thing, (having problems going through)
then meeting the common people of the area (in this case nell and his brothers)
then getting to the gate and finding a guardian (the sand thing is the same as Jiroubou)
then trying to open the gate without success (we all know that they won't be able to open it)
then trying to defeat each captain (or espada, whatever, same thing)
anyways, in the prediction side, I hope some things are differents and we get to see more creativity. *sight*
can't wait to see Isshin and his two pals Urahara and the 'real Quincy' in action

Ayah
October 19, 2006, 09:42 AM
RAW'S OUT! Get it here (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/index.php?topic=9935.0).

bax
October 19, 2006, 09:55 AM
Haha.... Funny how Nell actually insulted Ichigo ^_^;

So the team is now seperating... This has turned out like Retrieve Sasuke in Naruto. Five people sperating and meet their own Espada opponents.

warsaint777
October 19, 2006, 10:02 AM
Um, I only got/need three words for this chapter.

Orihime's outfit. Mee-yow. >:3[br]Posted on: October 19, 2006, 10:56:28 AM_________________________________________________WOAH WOAH WOAH, MAN! This used to just be a minor annoyance for me, but now I am genuinely concerned:

Wtf is up with Ichigo's happy-go-lucky heartfelt SMILE in the frame with Renji?! I mean, I thought the fact that Ichigo's ever-fading trademark perma-frown was simply a side effect of Tite's evolving art style, but this is just inexcusable. It's like we're lookin' at KON here for crap sakes.

Dude, it's important that Ichigo retains his frown. It's so very critical to his character and the story. It's significant because it is directly connected to the death of his mother and it is a blatant set up for an apsolutely EPIC resolution scene where he can finally after many years lift his friggin' brow. But all the potential drama of that instance will be watered down if Tite KEEPS DRAWIN' ICHIGO MORE LIKE A BLOOMING FAIRY! LOSE THE SMILE, KUBO!!!

cravenight
October 19, 2006, 11:00 AM
Maybe ichigo gets happier when he gets slapped and punch, i mean thats what happen to him growing up with his dad and all, so he need that to get happy. Every time he frowns there is no one to slap him to get him out of it. I don't even know what i'm talking about.

Does anyone find orihime changing sides to be a little bit quick, or is she just saying it.

bax
October 19, 2006, 11:04 AM
Does anyone find orihime changing sides to be a little bit quick, or is she just saying it.

I see 3 possibilities here:
1. She actually did it because she was forced to
2. She has something in mind planned as well (or she's a part of somebody's plan - wild guess: Urahara)
3. Aizen casted his Shikai on her

Well, those are just my speculations based on the latest chapter.

cravenight
October 19, 2006, 11:06 AM
For the shikai so far it only change perception not really how some one thinks, though how hinamori acted might suggest is can do more but who knows. It would be intresting if she had a plan, or maybe its just the clothing they have a wierd effect on people maybe.

bootymaster
October 19, 2006, 01:42 PM
2. She has something in mind planned as well (or she's a part of somebody's plan - wild guess: Urahara)

Orihime is doing it because if she doesn't, she will be killed. Also because she wants to save her friends, that's kind of why she left them without actually saying goodbye. She is a kind of sacrifice.

Urazz
October 19, 2006, 04:39 PM

The shikai does hypnotism not outright brainwashing. Maybe he casted his bankai on her? We have no clue on what Aizen's bankai can do so his bankai could be outright brainwashing if they don't know to expect it.

To me it really looked Orihime was really saying that cause she had no choice or is just going along with things right now.

Narasu
October 19, 2006, 05:43 PM
Hmm this was an interesting chapter, though it was foolish for them to seperate. If Ichigo could hardly take on Grimmjaw in vizard form, there's no way the others could alone.

I'd have to go with the second one, meaning she was forced to join Aizen otherwise her friends would've died (in her mind at least).

erieru
October 20, 2006, 01:27 AM
I think she is going to the bad side, for a while, until she realizes that her friends can actually beat this bad dudes, then she will react and take off those clothes (yeah, I know what you are thinking :> ) and join the battle

Dark Zeza
October 20, 2006, 01:32 AM
I think she was forced to wear it and swear that words, or else Aizen will kill Ichigo and others.

I think the first 5 they are about to meet will be no. 6-10 so Ichigo fighting Grimmjaw, and the others will fight the one weaker than Grimmjaw. They all will win.

Urazz
October 20, 2006, 07:05 AM
I think she is going to the bad side, for a while, until she realizes that her friends can actually beat this bad dudes, then she will react and take off those clothes (yeah, I know what you are thinking :> ) and join the battle

You mean going 'commando' to the battle? I'm sure that would distract all the guys and give all of us real fans something to drool about for a long time. lol

bax
October 20, 2006, 07:13 AM
I think she was forced to wear it and swear that words, or else Aizen will kill Ichigo and others.

I think there's a bigger case than this. Well, if she was forced to join, Ichigo came to the rescue, I bet Aizen will kill Ichigo as well, although Inoue already give her pledge to him.

chvis002
October 20, 2006, 09:52 AM
I must say I love bleach and all but damn, isn't it a bit UNoriginal. I mean "Oh no! We must seperate!" and next chapter each and one will have a nice ancar to fight that is just they precisley can beat with there "strongest move" or something like that. I feel like bleach is loosing it's glimpse :(

cravenight
October 20, 2006, 10:40 AM
These guys always seperate, they just don't seems to fight well together, besides ichigo and rukia, none of them work that well together, anyways, we all knew that they are going to be serepated.

TooNice
October 20, 2006, 12:52 PM
I suspect that one of the reason we often see 1v1s in major battle is that it is either design the battles. I've pretty much come to expect it, except in the semi-rare occasions where they want to showcase teamwork (or cowardice - interesting how ganging up can be portrayed either way).

cravenight
October 20, 2006, 01:48 PM
even when they go together, when they fight some one, they always move away from each other to no get invovled with the others fight.

Logikl
October 20, 2006, 01:56 PM
even when they go together, when they fight some one, they always move away from each other to no get invovled with the others fight.

Yeah... its their "Warriors Way"

mangadictus
October 20, 2006, 09:38 PM
Yeah, thats KTs excuse. I think its actually designed to prolong this arc. So we get to see them fight off Arrancars individually. Lets say we focus on the 1st fight. Hell! It's gonna take forever! How much more if it's gonna be animated. Go figure.

bax
October 21, 2006, 03:22 AM
Yeah, thats KTs excuse. I think its actually designed to prolong this arc. So we get to see them fight off Arrancars individually. Lets say we focus on the 1st fight. Hell! It's gonna take forever! How much more if it's gonna be animated. Go figure.

But it's good, right? I mean, more revelations and twists of plot, it can't be that bad. Yeah, talking about how long, it'll be very long. Unless somehow, Aizen is on the losing side and run away again. This chapter marks the beginning of major battles.

erieru
October 22, 2006, 10:32 PM
all I have to say it's that I'm kinda loosing my interest for bleach in a rush, unless something comes up that makes this whole thing completely different than the SS arc I will probably stop reading it for a while until they are done with this arc, then I will probably read them all at once, and then go like, "ok, that was fun, whatelse?" that's all, I just don't like the lack of originality shown so far.

Anti-panda
October 23, 2006, 12:35 AM
I must say I love bleach and all but damn, isn't it a bit UNoriginal. I mean "Oh no! We must seperate!" and next chapter each and one will have a nice ancar to fight that is just they precisley can beat with there "strongest move" or something like that. I feel like bleach is loosing it's glimpse :(

Hear hear ..... I've stayed quiet on bleach for a while now .. hoping that a series that had a great start and base. Was doing something other than what I thought it was doing. And that is simply rehashing the soul society arc .. only this time it's the other woman thier trying to rescue and SHOCK it's not shinigami it's arancar thier encountering ...
I hoped it was something more interesting ... All that need happen now is the little arancar neru or whatever needs to be a healer and boom same exact equation... Not that the formula doesn't work ... I just expected a little more out of bleach. And call me crazy but doesn't some of the more Zany Humorus aspects of the rescent chapters seem a little -out of place- with bleach.
Then again maybe OP has just set my standards too high on what a manga can be .... I'm just a little dissatisfied with the current lets save the damsel plotline. In my opinion the only way for it to be salvaged at this point would be to have inoue really turn against ichigo and co. to the point where she fights against them herself ... If that happens i will retract my previous statements and publicly apologize.

mangadictus
October 23, 2006, 12:13 PM
Not sure, but I just noticed the way Inoue speaks. She sounds like she's possessed. Not sure like I said. Just my observation.

cravenight
October 23, 2006, 12:25 PM
Yeah, it does sort of seem that it not exactly her, but what does that mean we don't really know.

manu
October 24, 2006, 10:46 AM
I just don't like the lack of originality shown so far.

Well for me the light in the darkness is the vizards and the shinigami captians. I'm not sure but with the addition of two seperate forces invading HM might be the excitement we need. That and the fact that i really want to see Inoue's power up.

Logikl
October 24, 2006, 12:30 PM
:offtopic Well.. there still is the war coming up that SS is preparing for and I think that will add a nice twist to the way the story is going atm as well as other factors (Urahara, Isshin, Ryuken)... For some reason I feel that Inoue being there is a piece to SS winning the "war"... I think capturing Inoue will backfire in Aizen's face (with a clever Urahara plan in place)... we havent seen him phased once yet and I think that will be the point when it happens...