PDA

View Full Version : Discussion Which manga/anime/Asian drama made you cry or close to?

garaa89
August 24, 2009, 11:20 PM
The only manga that got me close to crying was one piece wend they show the crew tragic past especially name and chopper. That said i only read shonen so sennin manga might be more tragic. And the anime that was gintama especially wend okitas sister died . So how about you what made you cry.:wtf

Weapon_X
August 25, 2009, 06:51 AM
To be honest, in Naruto, there are some preety good ones...
forexample, the most touching one for me was this.

When Jiraiya died. What a ture hero he was, his flashback chapter was just amazing, Minato naming his son Naruto after Jiraiya's book etc...he never gave up at the end, he went out with a bang! That's what I call a true hero, it was really sad though when the chapter was ending...though he will be greatly missed in our hearts.

Also I found the Gaara flashbacks in Part 1 sad as well. There was a chapter when Gaara was young, some kids were playing football and when the football went over the roof(I think) they couldn't get it but Gaara used his sand to retrive it and gave the ball back to him. They called him a monster and everything like that...he tried to explain but then he injured that girl. What I hated was when he tried to give the ointment to her and when she opened the door, she slamed the door in his face and told him to get lost! That was sad man...sad times, and when he got betrayed by his closest friend...:(

Drmke
August 25, 2009, 09:45 PM
The most recent time when I was moved close to tears was in Area no Kishi

When Kakeru and Suguru were in the accident, and it killed Suguru and Kakeru only survived by taking Suguru's heart. The reactions of the family and friends was sad but the worst part was when Kakeru found out his brother was dead. So sad :(

Ustegius
August 26, 2009, 04:54 AM
A classic called Barefoot Gen makes me wanna shed tears almost all the time. It's so touching, what a cruel place can the world be, how mean and ingratefull can people be.

BBB Banana
August 27, 2009, 07:23 AM
the manga wich was the most close to make me cry was Gintama.

Yes I know it's most about comedy but almost every serious arc has moments full of drama and I loved sougo's sister death.

Koshi_Inaba
August 27, 2009, 10:39 AM
A classic called Barefoot Gen makes me wanna shed tears almost all the time. It's so touching, what a cruel place can the world be, how mean and ingratefull can people be.

Finally, another user who reads the amazing barefoot gen. It is an amazing and harrowing tale of survival in Japan amidst the bombing of Hiroshima-Nagasaki. What's even more heartbreaking is, like the legendary Hotaru no Haka this manga is based on the author's own experience as a WWII survivor. It brought me to tears many time. And believe it or not, it is serialized in Weekly Shonen Jump, when it was still a diverse magazine. Too bad, today's reader only want action and dramedy. Heavy drama like this just doesn't have any place in today's manga magazines

LaFrippouille
August 27, 2009, 01:12 PM
To my mind there is an anime : Kimi Ga Nozumu Eien. It's really sad, and maybe boring sometime ^^

deJeer
August 27, 2009, 01:56 PM
sket dance chapter 86 till 90
huhuu
:(:(:(

Dr.Robotnick
August 29, 2009, 11:00 AM
Reborn!

destiny4ever
October 06, 2009, 06:07 PM
Animehttp://www.laymark.com/i/m/m033.gif (http://www.laymark.com):

Code Geass
Ef- a tale of melodies
Clannad and Clannad After Story

Kaiten
October 06, 2009, 08:33 PM
Anime: Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 made me cry. The ending was very heavy. Clannad the After Story and both seasons of ef as well.

destiny4ever
October 06, 2009, 08:42 PM
Anime: Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 made me cry. The ending was very heavy.
Since we usually have the same tastes in manga and anime, Kaiten-kun, and if that anime made you cry then I definitely need to watch Tokyo Magnitude 8.0

Clannad the After Story and both seasons of ef as well.
I didn’t cry the first season of ef, but the second one…

Yuuko-chan!!http://www.laymark.com/i/m/m103.gif (http://www.laymark.com)

Kaiten
October 06, 2009, 11:27 PM
Tokyo Magnitude was really good. The ending was absolutely devastating. I was shocked they actually went through with it. You'll love it Des - chan :)

That scene from ef left me in shock. It took a few minutes for my eyes to start watering I was so surprised. In the first season I found Chihiro's story so moving. It was a different type of sad, but still just as powerful. I've found that I like that type of anime; there's something nice and cleansing about a sad story.

destiny4ever
October 07, 2009, 11:08 AM
Tokyo Magnitude was really good. The ending was absolutely devastating. I was shocked they actually went through with it. You'll love it Des - chan :)
mmm…the “absolutely devastating” part has scared me a bit, but I’ll watch anyway :) because if it is like Code Geass, where the ending was totally heartbreaking but the series as a whole was amazing, then Tokyo must be awesome too!http://www.laymark.com/i/m/m087.gif (http://www.laymark.com)

That scene from ef left me in shock. It took a few minutes for my eyes to start watering I was so surprised.
Actually, iirc we cried during different scenes, Kaiten-kun. You cried:

In the accident one. And even though I didn’t cry during that scene I was very close to do it because it was so painful. http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Sad/sad-049.gif

I cried:

When Yuu and Yuuko met at the church after all those years. http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Sad/sad-027.gif

In the first season I found Chihiro's story so moving.

It was moving indeed. Chihiro and Renji’s story was my favorite one from season one.

tekko001
October 10, 2009, 09:08 PM
Manga/Anime moments that made me really Sad:

GANTZ:
The end of the emotional Buddha Arc, Katou's death and Kei waking up just to find that his best friends, his girlfriend, everyone has died.

ONE PIECE:
Like someone said before the Flashbacks on OP are brutally sad the one that got me the most was Frankies, since you coulnd't possibly not like Tom san.

AKIRA:
Yamagata's death in the anime version was offscreen but in the manga it is one of the climatic highlights.

LONE WOLF AND CUB:
The last chapters in the manga are the most emotional piece of literature I've ever read, you simply know that there can't possibly be a happy end but you hope til the very last, and the last panel turns the whole manga around.

shinsengumi
October 10, 2009, 09:40 PM
To be honest, in Naruto, there are some preety good ones...
forexample, the most touching one for me was this.

When Jiraiya died. What a ture hero he was, his flashback chapter was just amazing, Minato naming his son Naruto after Jiraiya's book etc...he never gave up at the end, he went out with a bang! That's what I call a true hero, it was really sad though when the chapter was ending...though he will be greatly missed in our hearts.

yea,same here.i actually cried on those pages.and this(v) one too.they are connected ofcourse
when tsunade cried about jiraiya saying "dummy" and remembered the past,from childhood to that moment.i felt her sadness.i cried with her ='(

Akiyama
October 10, 2009, 10:22 PM
Anime - Grave of the Fireflies

Manga - One Piece Chapter 430 (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/430/18-19/)

Both were heart breaking :scry

Kaiten
October 10, 2009, 11:22 PM
I forgot about the death of Merry. Great, touching scene.

Xadyu
October 14, 2009, 06:18 PM
Anime - Grave of the Fireflies

Manga - One Piece Chapter 430 (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/430/18-19/)

Both were heart breaking :scry
I was a bit angry it lead me to One Manga, but .. I got goosebumps all over again thanks to those two pages. I cried back then too, I didn't during the anime tho'.

destiny4ever
October 16, 2009, 06:56 PM
Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood: I haven’t cried while watching this anime yet, but there have been some moments that have made me very close to teary-eyed.http://www.laymark.com/i/m/m033.gif (http://www.laymark.com)

Kaiten
October 16, 2009, 07:12 PM
Nina made me choke up.

fxu
October 16, 2009, 08:21 PM
Area no Kishi... in the first 10 chapters, the protagonist and his brother have an accident. The brother dies, the protagonist's heart gets impaled, so they transplant his brother's heart into him.

OH GAWD I HAVEN'T CRIED FOR A MANGA EVERRRRR

cut3
October 16, 2009, 10:13 PM
haku's death made me cry a bit and....

nana!!! the anime made me cry like a bich until the very last ep XD

Googlez_kun
October 26, 2009, 11:07 AM
Naruto and 20th Century Boys!

both great manga

CBlitz
October 26, 2009, 08:45 PM
REAL men don't cry about anime!!!!! >_>

TTGL-Episode 8, dear GOD WHY???!!
Umineko-Ange and Maria. 'Nuff said
Berserk-The Eclipse...

destiny4ever
October 26, 2009, 09:16 PM
Berserk-The Eclipse...
Because I made the mistake of reading on Wikipedia what happens during the Eclipse I got so upset/sad about it that I could not bring myself to finish watching the anime nor keep reading the manga. :(

Casca and Gutts' friends!!http://www.laymark.com/i/m/m103.gif (http://www.laymark.com)

CBlitz
October 27, 2009, 12:09 AM
Because I made the mistake of reading on Wikipedia what happens during the Eclipse I got so upset/sad about it that I could not bring myself to finish watching the anime nor keep reading the manga. :(

Casca and Gutts' friends!!http://www.laymark.com/i/m/m103.gif (http://www.laymark.com)

why would you do that? >_>

but the Berserk manga is extremely awesome, and the Eclipse is only half of the story.

Kaiten
October 27, 2009, 12:36 AM
Once upon a time Wikipedia ruined many a manga for me. 20th Century Boys did not make me cry, spoilers at wiki did =_=

destiny4ever
October 27, 2009, 09:38 AM
why would you do that? >_>
I’m embarrassed to say it …but I let my curiosity get the best out of me and went and read Wiki, despite the fact that a friend of mine who was the one who got me into Berserk in the first place warned time after time to not do it…

but the Berserk manga is extremely awesome, and the Eclipse is only half of the story.
I know…but since I was a big Casca fan and a big Casca x Gutts fan…I just can’t bring myself to watch/read the eclipse part and I doubt I can just skip that part and continue reading the rest.

Once upon a time Wikipedia ruined many a manga for me. 20th Century Boys did not make me cry, spoilers at wiki did =_=
Yes, there should be a warning for fans in Wikipedia, like “if you haven’t read/watch all the chapters/episodes do not continue reading!!!”

Rejuvenation
October 31, 2009, 02:22 AM
Clannad: After Story. Completely took my emotions and screwed with them right up until the end. This one was brutal because I can't recall any other series that made me cry before watching it.

destiny4ever
October 31, 2009, 02:57 PM
Clannad: After Story. Completely took my emotions and screwed with them right up until the end.
QFT. Clannad AS was a rollercoaster of emotions until the very end without a doubt. However, I was a very happy Clannad fan during the last episode of the series. :)

This one was brutal because I can't recall any other series that made me cry before watching it.
Made you cry before watching it because you watched Clannad the movie?

Rainier
November 01, 2009, 07:07 PM
Happened today, almost cried...Watching Neo Genesis Evangelion...

When Shinji's father makes him destroy the Eva #3, which had inside one of his best friends, even though he didn't know it...when he finds out...so sad.

CBlitz
November 01, 2009, 09:22 PM
yeah NGE is some pretty strong emotional stuff, great anime

Xadyu
November 01, 2009, 10:14 PM
Although I didn't cry, I found it tearful when Houshou and Hide died in Bloody Monday, those deaths got me good. ;-;

Enma Ai
November 03, 2009, 11:08 AM
In Rave Master, when they find out that the Skeleton guarding Resha's grave was actually Sieg.

Bugzee
November 04, 2009, 07:14 PM
One Piece, when the SH's held the viking funeral for the Going Merry!!! :crying and the emotional music :crying to go with the flashbacks! :crying

BBB Banana
November 06, 2009, 08:46 PM
I have to say that in Naruto Shippuuden episode 133 Jiraya's death was simply amazing and I watched it three times one time after another.

BadrBadr
November 06, 2009, 10:25 PM
Well nothing have made me really cry like the Eclipse Chapter In BERSERK, I still feel the pein till now, reading that chapter was the moment that sealed away my otakuness forever, miura is a genius and Berserk is awsome but that chapter was a masterpeice

Keyshaaa
November 15, 2009, 01:13 PM
the most recent one that made me cry was Goong bahh they had a divorce rofl yesh i am too emotional rofl

Mushashi
November 18, 2009, 02:57 AM
not crying but kinda upset when all of the band of the hawks got sacraficed, and it gantz when all kuronos girl friends kept dying that was funny sad though

pandaaqueen
January 31, 2010, 03:17 AM
Cowboy Bebop (to be exact, episode #13 and #18) almost made me cry, and I bet that the grand finale will bring tears to my eyes as well :I Maybe I'm just too much of a crybaby ... or the series is simply that emotional at times.

LilaChan
January 31, 2010, 07:28 AM
I'm a cry baby, but these are the memorable. I don't think I cried while reading manga, anime seems to do the job for me.

AIR
Fullmoon Wo Sagashite
Clannad (After Story just made me cry every episode)
Toradora

-edit-

Add Guren Lagaan to the list. Lagann-hen movie made me cried again.

Crude
January 31, 2010, 10:21 AM
I'm normally not that affected by manga/anime when it comes to sad stories, but here are three examples of series that got me quite emotional:

Outlaw Star episode 20:
I felt pretty sad for Jim when his date never showed up at the end. Little did he know that his crew killed her in the previous battle against the K-Pirates. I felt bad for the cats as well.

Aoi Bungaku, No Longer Human storyline:
This storyline was just overall depressing. I felt bad for Oba after so much shit happened to him.

Aoi Bungaku, Kokoro storyline:
This has got to be my favourite storyline in Aoi Bungaku. It's comprised of two episodes which detail the same events, but from the perspectives of two different characters. K's death in the first episode was just emotional, coupled with great music when Sensei read his suicide note: "This summer was beautiful."

Dive
January 31, 2010, 11:23 AM
Naruto:
When Haku and Zabuza died.

Grave of the Fireflies:
The ending

I shed a tear or two in Shaman King when:
Faust, my favorite character, died.

I cried at the end of the Gravitation manga, but that was more for I didn't want it to end.

bittman
January 31, 2010, 11:45 PM
In Rave Master, when they find out that the Skeleton guarding Resha's grave was actually Sieg.

Oh god I forgot about that. I'm gonna tear up just thinking about it again! Rave master was great towards the end.

One Piece, when the SH's held the viking funeral for the Going Merry!!! :crying and the emotional music :crying to go with the flashbacks! :crying

I can't speak for the anime, but the imagery I had going through my head when I read the manga was emotional. AND IT WAS JUST A SHIP MADE OF WOOD! ...and almost every flashback, particularly after East Blue. They just keep getting better. You're inhuman if you felt nothing for Brooke's flashback.

As for anime...well a lot of the deaths in Code Geass. Particularly Euphemia, and I didn't even like her.

Despite appearances I'm actually not a softy...don't judge me!

Xadyu
February 01, 2010, 12:04 AM
Here's one I haven't said in here before:

I remember getting teary eyes at the end of Lilim Kiss. It's a small manga which didn't offer to much for me. But towards it end I got attached to the characters, especially Lilim. Her going away was done quite well too.

El Autor
February 01, 2010, 12:40 AM
One Piece... in the Merry's funeral... D:

almost cried

CBlitz
February 01, 2010, 12:45 AM
cried manly tears multiple times when watching TTGL. Best anime ever

Crude
February 01, 2010, 03:40 PM
Okay, this is the first time this has happened, but today I cried whilst watching an anime! I've just finished crying after/while watching Tegami Bachi episode 17, mostly because it reminded me of several things (including a Futurama episode I can't watch all the way to the end, you know the one).

I guess its the best tear-jearker (Jump) manga for a reason.

Rainier
February 01, 2010, 05:06 PM
Mmm...this is going to sound ridiculous but, in the lastest chapter of HxH, I got teary eyes when Killua asked his antagonist to give Gon some peace of mind, because he clearly wasn't able to...and then he cried like...wow.

I guess it affects me because even though I'm 18, I've never had a friend that would worry about me as much as those two do for each other, and it's nice to see, even if it's in a manga, what I think a true friendship would be.

Tumerking
February 02, 2010, 12:20 AM
mostly because it reminded me of several things (including a Futurama episode I can't watch all the way to the end, you know the one).

No, I don't. But I'm really curious as to which episode you're referring too.

Dive
February 02, 2010, 12:43 AM
No, I don't. But I'm really curious as to which episode you're referring too.

I haven't seen the anime series, but for Futurama, if I had to take an educated guess, it would be the one where:

Fry gets his dog back and in the end he had to let him go.

That one seems to be a tear-jerker for people. I never cried during the scene.

Crude
February 02, 2010, 10:48 AM
I'm a sucker for animal-themed sadness.

~FrienD~
February 03, 2010, 03:09 AM
I agree tokyo mag8.0 made me weep(last ep). this is really old but elfen lied ending made me cry too. In naruto(not shippuden) it was close at one of the fillers ,Menma. In code geass i cried at Rolo's death. At gurren laggan i cried at any character's death. in evangelion, cried at mitsuko. In ichigo100% cried at Manaka's despair bec he knew of Aya's feelings but was currently dating Nishino. I cried at myr campbell's death Gundam seed destiny, also cried at Stellar's death.

wow i'm such a crybaby.

I cried while laughing whenever watching doraemon.
[hr]

w8 what chap was that?

kheemberlee
February 03, 2010, 04:13 AM
umm.. i think crono crusade!

at the last episode.. the girl is going to die

Bugzee
February 04, 2010, 03:59 PM
Ikigami! :crying Damn it! :crying

This (http://www.onemanga.com/Ikigami/18/36-37/) just made me feel so....:s....:crying *You have to read the previous chapters to understand why...*

Ikigami is a brilliant manga! :shakefist

monkey D luffy
February 05, 2010, 02:06 PM
shamen king anime dubbed (either hebrew or english doesnt matter)
when yoh dies and the gang arrives too late, the music is heart breaking and seeing yoh's lifeless body is crushing.
link to the same moment (english dub) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vo65FHCBs4g

shaheer
February 06, 2010, 09:49 AM
cry no one close to...... not close to but some anime s made me feel bad for some char a lot, like Now and There Here and There, Grave of the Fireflies, Barefoot Gen ...rurouni Kenshin had its sad moments which was heart touching

lolnameless
February 06, 2010, 02:02 PM
Gantz

Haruhi Suzumiya

The Girl Who Leapt Through Time

Dont ask me y , if u want to know then watch it!!!!!!!!!

they are all masterpiece.....

Googlez_kun
February 06, 2010, 02:12 PM
Gantz

Haruhi Suzumiya

The Girl Who Leapt Through Time

Dont ask me y , if u want to know then watch it!!!!!!!!!

they are all masterpiece.....

Gantz?
i read everything,but i can't think of anything that would make me cry

monkey D luffy
February 08, 2010, 05:43 PM
probably in the next chapter of one piece. i wont elaborate until its out

another place i practically cried was when erza died and saw what happened after she secrificed herself. it was heartbreaking

slippy
February 08, 2010, 07:12 PM
i hope you're referring to the erza thing around chapter 100 or you'd be spoiling something for me :P

and yes, the next one piece chapter has the potential of being amazing

R4n
February 09, 2010, 01:00 PM
Buddha by Osamu Tezuka

It is a masterpiece that touched me deeply, even if I am not a Buddhist. It has so many great and moving moments. i can't even use words to describe the powerful storytelling weaved into it. You have to read it yourself to feel it.

Black Lagoon
February 10, 2010, 03:52 PM
One Piece ... chapter 574 ... the best of the best :crying

monkey D luffy
February 14, 2010, 11:34 AM
i hope you're referring to the erza thing around chapter 100 or you'd be spoiling something for me :P

and yes, the next one piece chapter has the potential of being amazing

i did mean at around 100 chapter or else i wouldve tagged it as a spoiler. but that scene is more then a year old so i figured it was ok.

the 1st episode of yu yu hakusho
at the final part of the episode. i cried twice! there are 2 really emotional scene there.

slippy
February 14, 2010, 09:07 PM
i did mean at around 100 chapter or else i wouldve tagged it as a spoiler. but that scene is more then a year old so i figured it was ok.

the 1st episode of yu yu hakusho
at the final part of the episode. i cried twice! there are 2 really emotional scene there.

ok, i was just making sure. i wasn't angry or anything :P

and i've cried to many manga/anime, too many to list

Zeltrax
February 15, 2010, 06:39 AM
can't rmber the girl's name well
Nina or mina..
but she was used in a experiment by his dad, shou tucker into a chimera.
well, I shed a tear or two then, thinking how ruthless his dad could be and how much edward had to bear after seeing that scene.

And for anime/manga/ok maybe just anime but oh well/ Toradora, the part during the snow trip, where taiga expresses his love for ryuji.

and also, Naruto, the part where jiraiya dies..

Bleach, the recent chapter when hinamori takes the stab, I feel for her, so much.
Deadman wonderland, when the main character's friends/classmates all died in the first chapter, and when he thinks of them.

& finally One piece chapter 574, that just takes the cake

Bugzee
February 15, 2010, 10:19 AM
Most recently....

One Piece Ch. 574 (http://read.mangashare.com/One-Piece/chapter-574/page013.html) :crying :crying :crying

Black God Ch. 40 (http://www.onemanga.com/Black_God/40/22/) :crying

Sayumi
February 15, 2010, 03:55 PM
One Piece 574.
My God I don't think I've ever cried that much :(

Last ep. of FMA made me pretty sad too though, and the movie, Conqueror of Shambala..

fullmoon
July 07, 2010, 02:34 PM
Manga: In Touch of Adachi Mitsuru, when Kazuya died. The accident never actually being portraited but the whole part when Tatsuya doesn't know how to tell Minami and everybody up to when she knows, she and Tat-chan cry out loud when they are alone.
Anime: Ending of Code Geass. I never though Lulu's final plan is for his own death. It caught me surprised n I cried :")

hibar90
July 08, 2010, 03:51 AM
OP: Merry funeral, Chopper's flashback, sanji's good bye "take a good care of yourself" - sef and franky flashback

RK: Himura Battosai flashback "lives on shinta" before ogi mastery and when tomoe died. Yumi's death and capain sagara flashback.

Gecko Moria
July 10, 2010, 05:13 AM
A lot of users crying over One Piece :amuse Me too, I guess.
1. Leaving Alabasta and the sign of friendship (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/216/18-19/)
2. Thank you for everything Merry! (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/430/18-19/)
3. Fate/stay night ending :scry

Jorge D. Dragon
July 11, 2010, 11:37 AM
It is One Piece. I was close to cruying during Ohara incident, Ace's death and Zoro's friend death when Zoro made a promise after receiving katana.

Kaiten
July 11, 2010, 02:47 PM
The ending of Angel Beats made me cry, parts in between too. I won't say anything about the climax, I'd have to spoil 2/3 of the series. The final scene, after the credits rolled was really beautiful, and vague enough that what it may have been less than it looked like. I fanboy over all Key Studio's related anime; Air, Kanon, and Clannad too. At first I didn't think Angel Beats was as good but I ended up loving it.

CBlitz
July 11, 2010, 03:39 PM
hmmm I cried during FMA 108...otherwise I can't remember the last time an anime made me cry. Might have been Bakemonogatari episode 12. That was such a beautiful episode, <3 Hitagi

LeDuck
July 11, 2010, 04:13 PM
hmmm I cried during FMA 108...otherwise I can't remember the last time an anime made me cry. Might have been Bakemonogatari episode 12. That was such a beautiful episode, <3 Hitagi

Recently catched up with Bakemonogatari, I have to admit, episode 12 was a close call :>
FMA 108 was also super sad, not because of the content, but the end of my favourite manga =(

amarilis
July 14, 2010, 11:36 AM
One Piece, Pluto and Lone Wolf and Cub made me cry.

naruto-niichan
July 14, 2010, 04:31 PM
Claymore nearly made me cry

when Theresa died. That was so sudden and a big shock :darn

FMA made me cry a little when

the father turned his own daughter into a chimera. Just too cruel and sad at the same time :(

otherwise I can't remember the last time an anime/manga made me cry, even tough there were definitely some more

maravish
August 07, 2010, 09:16 PM
clannad after story made me cry

After_Image
August 27, 2010, 02:25 PM
Bleach
When Orihime confessed her love for Ichigo and says goodbye to him while he sleeps. :(

Angel Beats!
The last episode; final scene between Yuzuru and Kanade was really sad and had me tearing up. ;___;

Clannad
Episode 9 was really emotional and had me crying for Fuko :crying

shouryuujo
August 27, 2010, 02:49 PM
it was sad at the end of Grave of the Fireflies....

Googlez_kun
August 27, 2010, 03:55 PM
After reading Alma's and Kanda's flashback(D.Gray-Man) i had a nightmare and my little brother was like Alma in it.He was full of blood and body parts were missing.I had my brother in my arms and even though he was severly injured,he was smiling just like Alma always did.So i woke up crying and ended up hugging my little brother.

That flashback left quite an impression on me i guess.

Shinsatsu
September 01, 2010, 01:34 PM
I don't get emotional when reading watching anime. But for some reason, there were some scenes in particular mangas/anime that made me feel uneasy. No, to be honest, I should say I was about to cry sometimes.
Here are some examples:
- Berserk - This manga in particular had the biggest impact on me. There were some moments when I forcefully take a break from reading them because the events hurt alot :S ... Berserk gotta be the best manga I've ever read in my entire life. (the funny thing is that I haven't finished reading the latest volumes yet).
- Naruto (part1) - Sasuke's flashbacks before the valley of the end.
- One Piece - One piece never fails when it comes to a character's personal story... There were too many sad moments in One Piece flashbacks.
- Claymore - Teresa's story had some painful moments.
- FMA :

FMA made me cry a little when

the father turned his own daughter into a chimera. Just too cruel and sad at the same time :(

saladesu
September 02, 2010, 06:41 AM
I get pretty emotional when I read manga/watch anime so I cry quite a lot @__@ Or come close to it.

The most recent in memory would probably be...

NarutoMinato and Kushina's sacrifice and eventual death, as well as Kushina's final moments with Naruto in his consciousness. I cried even reading the spoilers!
FMAThe last chapter (and episode for that matter)! When Al sacrificed himself to bring back Ed's arm, and then eventually when Ed managed to get Al back from the shinri no tobira. And just, because one of my favourite series for like 7 years just ended ><
BakumanDidn't expect to ever cry at this series but I actually did when Saikou asked for a printout of the TOC showing that PCP had hit #1, and went to show it to his uncle's grave.
One PieceAce's death!!! And also when all the strawhats got separated one by one. I've cried numerous times at One Piece in the past too. At Merry's "death", and the end of the Arabasta arc when the strawhats held up their arms with the X on it...
Code GeassWhen Lelouch had to lie to Nunnally (and only dropped the pretense and said "I love you" when she was under the geass, only to revert to his "cold" self when she regained her own consciousness), and then when he died and Nunnally finally found out the truth

sparviero-92
September 03, 2010, 03:59 PM
Anime

Tokyo Magnitude 8.0,
a real tearjerker
when I watched the last episode I ended up moping around for hours (then I watched it six more times)

Ningen Shikkaku
It was utterly depressing..in a good sense

Loveless
I would tear up every time I started watching it...I dropped the anime after three episodes; I'm still reading the manga though.

07-Ghost
When I realized Mikage was actually dead and not coming back

Manga

D.Gray-man
I couldn't stop bawling while reading chapters from 190 to 198
even re-reading those chapters makes me....:crying

Boys next door
I was probably quite depressed when I read this, and it made me cry

Watashitachi no shiawase na jikan
heartbreakingly sad

Replica
I wasn't expecting it to end like that...and cried over it

Nabari no Ou
It had me teary quite a few times, and the last 5-6 chapters really made me cry

Intersexual
I didn't cry because it was sad

:D quite a long list

Kaiten
September 04, 2010, 11:55 AM
The twist towards the end of Tokyo Magnitude was heart breaking. I had thought the animators were jerking the audience around emotionally until the truth was revealed. One of the saddest moments in anime when it finally was.

CBlitz
September 04, 2010, 12:44 PM
The second arc of Mononoke was also very emotional, the OST went a long way in adding to atmosphere and the last scene is probably one of the best things I've ever seen in an anime

realized I already posted the fma part a while ago <__>

Organizized
September 05, 2010, 12:13 PM
Grave of the Fireflies

One Piece
I cried or at least got teary-eyed many times while reading and watching One Piece. Parts that made me cry in the manga include Usopp vs. Luffy, Chopper's flashback, Robin's flashback, Usopp's speech at Enies Lobby ("it's not like it's hell here!"), the funeral of Going Merry, Brook's flashback and Bon-chan's sacrifice in Impel Down. Parts that made me cry once again when watching them in the anime were Robin's flashback and the death of Merry. I might be forgetting some, too.

Cowboy Bebop
Episode 5 "Ballad of Fallen Angels", episode 24 "Hard Luck Woman", episode 26 "The Real Folk Blues part II" and possibly some others. I'll just name the episodes because I think my eyes might have teared up more than once in each, and I don't want to spoil the best anime ever for people.

Googlez_kun
September 13, 2010, 04:18 PM
The end of K-On! made me cry manly and proud tears.It was one of my favourite series.I really grew attached to it...:crying

Asarii
September 13, 2010, 08:43 PM
Solanin: I can't remember which chapter, but the side-story of an old man sending letters made me tear up. The ending was especially touching.

Sket Dance: I loved all the backstories between the Sket-dan, but Bossun's made me cry. It was bittersweet. The switch (no pun intended!) between the humor and drama makes the impact even greater.

Kaiten
September 13, 2010, 10:26 PM
The chapter where Meiko talked to the old man was such a moving scene and a great turning point in the series.

Taneda's death was one of the saddest scenes I've read. How he had died without fully realizing his dreams was devastating. Meiko's reaction, when she demolished the TV was, if anything, more heartbreaking. Inio is such a brilliant writer, Meiko's rage was a brilliant way of saying those who are left behind feel the most pain.

^Solanin spoilers are hidden. It's to good a manga to ruin.

Ohnigiri.
September 16, 2010, 12:57 AM
It's been a few but the ones I remember right now are:

Bradherley no basha

This series is quite sad but chapter 6 was one of the saddest...
when the girl was actually begging to the guard to let her die and he wouldn't so he keep lying that as soon as she completed the 7 days or so she was going to be free even when he knew that wasn't true. In the end he wanted to keep his promise to her but he was the one who end up dying.

Nana

Ren's death and the fact that only his hands were the only thing that didn't end up destroyed.

D.Gray-Man

When Fou was carrying Edgard's body while she talked to him and put him besides his wife. That was a heartbreaking scene. è///é

pic:
http://i54.tinypic.com/2a0am36.jpg

Naruto

Jiraiya's flashback . ='/

destiny4ever
March 17, 2011, 09:47 PM
Animehttp://www.laymark.com/i/m/m033.gif (http://www.laymark.com):

Code Geass
Ef- a tale of melodies
Clannad and Clannad After Story

I need to add another anime series to the list above and that anime is “Tokyo Magnitude 8.0.” The last 3 episodes of that anime, especially the last one, made me cry my heart out.

jorped
March 21, 2011, 06:32 PM
When i watched anime of Naruto instead of the manga , 2 and half years ago, i remember to have cried about the all Zabusa and Haku deaths, it was very emotional!!!
More recently this happened right before i started following weekly the manga of Naruto , but Jiraiya death.
Kakashi "death" in the whole Pain invasion didnt make me cry , it made me only :o, wasnt expecting that

One Piece manga have some pretty good emotional moments, as Ace death , which was really emotional :crying and at the same time i wasnt expecting that
And also another moment, was the all Going Merry funeral , it was so damm emotional , and it was about a ship!!!!

Another that made me have some weird reaction that i remember was on Death Note , and it was "L" death. i think, although it didnt make me cry , i think that that moment was a masterpiece!!!!

Roflkopt3r
March 21, 2011, 06:36 PM
In it's good times, Naruto.
In the ending of Zabuza arc and the Itachi relevation. The anime I mean here, pretty well done.

M3J
March 21, 2011, 10:07 PM
Naruto and One Piece made me cry for sure. I don't recall crying more than I have for both. I don't remember if anything else made me cry, apart from Yu YU Hakusho's ending.

magicbulletgirl
March 22, 2011, 12:11 AM
I definitely cried a few times while reading Pluto... still dunno why exactly ^^;;

tarouch
March 23, 2011, 03:18 PM
when Sarutobi is died

saladesu
March 25, 2011, 07:31 AM
I just cried last night when reading REAL.

I think the whole idea of disabilities is very real to me because I have a disabled brother, but I think it would take a heart of steel for someone to be able to read this manga and not at least be touched or inspired by how hard the characters work despite their disabilities, and at times their inability to come to terms with their disabilities, their regrets... As its name suggests, it's a very real manga.

I specifically cried when a young Takahashi writes a letter to his dad who has left the family, about how he is able to dribble through his legs now, and how he is waiting for his dad to come back home to see him. It's so sad that when his dad finally comes home, Takahashi is no longer able to show his father anything. It was heartbreaking when he asked his dad, "What am I supposed to show you now!?" :scry

Zeltrax
March 27, 2011, 03:08 AM
I'm not sure where this post of mine belongs to but I think I'll put this here.

I've just finish reading Alive and it made me very close to crying at certain parts and near the end, it was sad to see it go because it is such an awesome piece of work and I almost cried because of the themes of the story and the characters that touched me.

Only after I finished reading it did I found out that the author died soon after finishing his work..and I felt terrible but also admire the author for spending his time, although it was hard because of his illness, to complete his work. Instead of wasting precious time he put the energy into his work to convey his message to his readers...
Not only that, he also started on a new manga after that..I guess that's what it means to be "Alive" by doing what he loves till the end and living through the end.

If anyone wants to take a look, the source is this. (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2010-06-17/alive-manga-writer-tadashi-kawashima-passes-away)

It is just too bad that the manga didn't get an anime adaption when it was intended too
but I will remember that I had read something touching and a masterpiece.

R4n
March 27, 2011, 08:39 AM
Garasu no Kamen by Suzue Miuchi

Definetely one of shoujo manga masterpieces. Words can't describe how amazing and beautiful that manga it is. I almost cried no matter how many times i had read it... all thanks to sensei's amazing storytelling skill.

Roflkopt3r
April 02, 2011, 01:51 PM
Hotel (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php?p=312056#post312056) managed to do so. I barely read a manga more touching, which is absolutely strange, because it is told from the perspective of a computer. It's absolutely recommendable, read it :)

Kaiten
April 03, 2011, 09:54 PM
The end of Cross Game, volume one made me cry. Kou sitting down, holding his hat. Anyone who read it knows the scene I mean. Not spoiling it for anyone else, it's a brilliant twist to start the series.

Hanihime
April 04, 2011, 07:16 AM
Defense Devil made me cry when
SHUGAAAARRRRLLL DIIIIIEEEED :crying :crying :crying

And in Bleach when
Hinamori got stabbed in the SS arc and during the flashback with Kaien's death :crying

alphabeta
April 14, 2011, 05:19 AM
I shed a tear, when

Naruto (anime only)

(Zabuza died, Asuma died)

and One Piece

Luffy: I'm weak!!! (after Ace's death)

Worth noticing is, that when i read the same parts in the Naruto manga, i just thought---->:fail. It really was the music that took me, probably more than the scene itself.

Well, yeah as to the One Piece scene, i guess i'm not pretty original here :(

Bromamura
April 14, 2011, 07:59 AM
Slam Dunk
At the end when Shohoku defeated Sannoh against all odds, seeing Haruko bursting into tears of joy really hit a soft spot in me. One of the very few instances where a manga or anime has left me teary.

Kaiten
April 14, 2011, 08:11 PM
Volume 7 of Touch made me cry. I won't spoil it for anyone, I'm not even going to tempt with spoilers. But the way the characters reacted, especially the Uesugi's and Minami, was even more devastating than the actual event.

HegemonKhan
April 16, 2011, 04:49 AM
Animes:

Roy finding his daughter is still alive after the blastfall, but she's all grown up (as Rose) and doesn't like him, she starts to warm up to him, and then she gets blown up, and poor Roy takes it really hard losing his daughter twice, except she's not dead...

There's a lot of emotional scenes in this anime, it's awesome, the interactions between Roy and Solty Rei are really "watery too" and great, hehe

Blue getting killed by Darcia

Toboe crawling to Blue's human old guy, whatever his name

and many more "Watery moments" as well

Cal Devons (Drei) and her misfortunate tragedy. Cal is extremely grown up for her age, as a "genius", anyways, so Zwei promises to return and Cal promises to wait for him. When, Zwei is returning to his apartment it is blown up. Zwei thinks Cal is dead, but she had left the apartment, so he never returns, while Cal goes to the destroyed apartment and wait for Zwei to return, praying he wasn't blown up, and waits and waits for Zwei who never returns to her, leaving her traumatized, and ultimately Zwei has to kill her later after they reunite, after Zwei finds out she's still alive.

Also, between Zwei and Ein are some really "Watery moments" too

lots of "watery scenes" in this one, which I probably don't need to name all of them, hehe

I choked up with Rock Lee when he was trying to rehabilitate himself after Gaaru crushed his arm and leg

there's other "Watery moments" as well, such as with Hinata and her love for Naruto

Poor Tiz... so sad, she loves Thor, but he falls in love with Karim, who gets killed, and than Tiz gets killed as well, sacrficing her body to save Zagi for Thor

lots of "watery moments" in this as well, but when Saya was uber depressed and Haji grabs her and hugs her, she pushes herself away, Haji grabs her again, and she bawls and sobs into his chest

lots of "watery moments" in this one as well. the big one for me, is the little girl getting fused with her dog

Motoko's childhood past with Kuze and her struggle with her fully prosthetic body

HSD:K
Gantz
Berserk
Claymore
Witchblade
Tenjou Tenge
Elfen Lied
Soul Taker
Soul Eater
Trinity Blood

('ll finish them up later... need a break)

Roflkopt3r
April 17, 2011, 08:03 AM
This is quite a spoiler, you'll need to have read at least half of Berserk to understand it anways:
Berserk, Ch. 23 (http://i20.mangareader.net/berserk/23/berserk-1591898.jpg)
Following text after this page: "...you are reminding me of the old days (http://www.mangareader.net/96-1143-17/berserk/chapter-23.html)."
What sadness :crying

Another moment in Berserk: The recap of the very first arc of volume 1 and 2 of the count's fate.

Bromamura
April 22, 2011, 01:26 PM
Rurouni Kenshin Seisoushen

At parts the OVA was too melodramatic. Nonetheless the ending was still saddening on a personal level. I read that Watsuki believed Kenshin’s tale deserved a happy conclusion after all the shit he’s gone through, which makes this even more of a tear jerker. Kenshin’s character is truly humanised not via declarations of pacifist ideals during epic duels, but his intimate final moments with loved ones, and their acts of selflessness for him.

Kaiten
April 23, 2011, 10:58 PM
Summer Wars

Every time I've watched it I tear up at least three times:

When grandma Sakae dies, again when her will is read, and a third time when Wabisuke is reunited with the family.

saladesu
April 24, 2011, 09:20 AM
Rurouni Kenshin Seisoushen

At parts the OVA was too melodramatic. Nonetheless the ending was still saddening on a personal level. I read that Watsuki believed Kenshin’s tale deserved a happy conclusion after all the shit he’s gone through, which makes this even more of a tear jerker. Kenshin’s character is truly humanised not via declarations of pacifist ideals during epic duels, but his intimate final moments with loved ones, and their acts of selflessness for him.

The bolded part was what made me dislike Seisouhen. The makers of Seisouhen screwed around with Kenshin in here, made it too melodramatic (like you said)... I thought it was poorly done and they should have gotten approval from the original creator (Watsuki) :/ Seisouhen didn't make me cry, it made me kinda angry instead :p On the contrary, Tsuiokuhen was touching and made me cry because of how emotional all of it was.

Zeltrax
April 25, 2011, 08:52 AM
Not sure if it belongs here.
But while playing Umineko no Naku Koro ni Visual Novel, there were alot of parts that made me cry.
It also made me realize that even with so much money it does not mean happiness. Umineko have alot of touching scenes..but then, its not something you want to try to read because of the touching scenes :darn
It's good to see family ties in the vn.

Bromamura
June 07, 2011, 07:54 AM
The bolded part was what made me dislike Seisouhen. The makers of Seisouhen screwed around with Kenshin in here, made it too melodramatic (like you said)... I thought it was poorly done and they should have gotten approval from the original creator (Watsuki) :/ Seisouhen didn't make me cry, it made me kinda angry instead :p On the contrary, Tsuiokuhen was touching and made me cry because of how emotional all of it was.

Haha to each his/her own I guess. Seisouhen was actually the first piece of RK media I came in contact with, so I didn't have any idea initially of how the characters were originally portrayed. While watching I was kinda 'in the zone', so to speak, and the downer ending got to me. IRRC I watched Tsuiokuhen after Seisouhen and considered it to be the superior work, though I was more enthralled with the epic historical conflict.

Zeltrax
June 07, 2011, 08:08 AM
Everytime I think about toradora it makes me sad and if I think too deeply into it or listen to the opening and ending song, it makes me want to cry.
I really enjoyed toradora! for its characters and story.
But there is another reason, it reminds me of a very close friend that I was in love with.
That girl always talk about toradora with me and I thought she was the girl closest to me in my life and then her personality is also similar to Taiga in toradora!..so is her appearance
However 2 years have passed since then and we don't talk to each other anymore(actually we don't really talk irl anyway, most of it is online but still we were in the same class) and she has a boyfriend. I only found out that I liked her after she was gone tho.

Kindda seems off topic, but an anime doesn't really need to have an over the top dramatic storyline or really tear breaking plot to make a person cry.
For me toradora reminds me of a bittersweet memory in my life that I shared with this particular person.

I'm being corny.

saladesu
June 07, 2011, 09:10 AM
I've been re-reading One Piece, and I cried once again when Merry died. I sweat, One Piece is the only manga that can make me cry for a SHIP. :oh

Another one that I realized I didn't mention the last time(s) I posted... From Gundam 00, first season, when Lockon Stratos died :crying It was so heartbreaking hearing Haro going, "Lockon, Lockon, Lockon" non-stop. Gaah. Here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSraFV8AOvM) it is on YouTube.

And I totally agree, Zeltrax. If you can identify with the story being portrayed, and that story touches you on an even deeper level as a result, you'll cry.

yukihime03
June 08, 2011, 08:59 AM
Hakuouki, definitely. TT__TT

Asarii
June 08, 2011, 11:50 PM
I've been re-reading One Piece, and I cried once again when Merry died. I sweat, One Piece is the only manga that can make me cry for a SHIP. :oh
That scene was especially sad, and I got teary eyed. ;_____; The bond that the Straw Hats share with each other were strongly highlighted during that moment- it made everything much more emotional as well as the drama that happened before.

naruto-niichan
June 09, 2011, 03:05 PM
I'm not sure where this post of mine belongs to but I think I'll put this here.

I've just finish reading Alive and it made me very close to crying at certain parts and near the end, it was sad to see it go because it is such an awesome piece of work and I almost cried because of the themes of the story and the characters that touched me.

Only after I finished reading it did I found out that the author died soon after finishing his work..and I felt terrible but also admire the author for spending his time, although it was hard because of his illness, to complete his work. Instead of wasting precious time he put the energy into his work to convey his message to his readers...
Not only that, he also started on a new manga after that..I guess that's what it means to be "Alive" by doing what he loves till the end and living through the end.

If anyone wants to take a look, the source is this. (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2010-06-17/alive-manga-writer-tadashi-kawashima-passes-away)

It is just too bad that the manga didn't get an anime adaption when it was intended too
but I will remember that I had read something touching and a masterpiece.

great to see anoter fellow Alive fan, I completely agree with your whole post :crying

Kimi ni Todoke:

1.When Sawako's friends called her on christmas and she was moved to tears. That was so touching, it was like I could feel Sawako's happiness through the monitor.
2. When she's confessing to Kazehaya

MisaoFan
January 14, 2012, 05:20 AM
There's some anime and manga that makes me cry, but most of the times, I was got sensitive when abducting, insult scenes between two good-sided characters (especially during insulting interactions between the main protagonist and another main protagonist) and scenes involving babies in saddened moments comes :

Rurouni Kenshin
1 : Jinne kidnaps Kaoru while Kenshin saves her.
2 : Megumi gets abducted by Oniwabanshu. For some reasons, she will commits seppuku before she gets stopped by Sanosuke.

Qwaser of Stigmata
In the first anime season, Mafuyu gets abducted by Tanner brothers, while Sasha comes her to the rescue. I love anime scenes involving boys saving damsels in distress !

Horizon on the Middle of Nowhere
P-01s gets abducted by Seiren. In the last two episodes, Tori finally comes to talk and kiss her !

C3
In the latest episodes, Fear ignores for what Haruaki says before he got abducted (alongside Kirika and Kuroe) by Alice. Fear, Kirika and Konoha come to save him and Kuroe.

Puella Magi Madoka Magica
When watching the final episode for the first time, Madoka disappears while announcing her last words on Homura.

Dragon Crisis!
There's some episodes when Rose shows her tsun side to Ryuji and insults him.

Deadman Wonderland
Ganta insults Shiro and the latter runs off. They finally retrieve and excuse themselves before they make an almost-kiss.

Inu Yasha
In the first anime series, Kagome insults Inu Yasha before being self-abducted by Koga. They finally retrieve but Inu Yasha didn't care what Kagome is saying.

Black Lagoon
January 14, 2012, 04:32 PM
One Piece
Every time I reread Chapter 513 (http://www.mangareader.net/103-2620-1/one-piece/chapter-513.html), Chapter 398 (http://www.mangareader.net/103-2505-17/one-piece/chapter-398.html), Chapter 81 (http://www.mangareader.net/103-2188-14/one-piece/chapter-81.html), Chapter 68 (http://www.mangareader.net/103-2141-17/one-piece/chapter-68.html), Chapter 438 (http://www.mangareader.net/103-2545-18/one-piece/chapter-438.html), Chapter 430 (http://www.mangareader.net/103-2537-18/one-piece/chapter-430.html) and Of course Chapter 574 (http://www.mangareader.net/103-47005-13/one-piece/chapter-574.html) ... These are just the ones I can remember Right Now :sweatdrop

HegemonKhan
January 15, 2012, 09:01 PM
FMA (non-B and B): the girl+dog transmutation (the voice really brought water to the eyes). "Edward, it hurts!"

FMA (Non-B): with that alchemist who thought the girl he loved died, when she didn't, and she returned to him in later years, and grew old with him, and he never saw her for who she was.

Phantom: Requiem of the Phantom. Cal+Zwei, and her tragedy. Basically all that involves Cal, especially her conversations with Zwei.

Solty Rei. enough said. such an emotional anime series!

The Sacred Blacksmith. Lisa and Luke stuff. Especially Cecily's happy-teary-eyed-making dramatic scene about Luke+Lisa, and the episode where they go shopping, how Lisa talks about jsut enjoying being with Luke and with Luke finally buying her a tiny hat (lol).

Naruto: Jariya's death, but a for "weird" reason (lol)... he never got to... "enjoy" ..."Legendary Chested & Bodied" Tsunade !!!

Naruto: many other scenes, like Hinata nearly dying to Pain, and etc etc etc etc... the Rock Lee being told he'd never be able to recover after Gaara destroyed his leg and arm in the chuunin exams - only to still stubbornly perservere anyways hehe, and again etc etc etc..

Jammin
January 17, 2012, 12:49 AM
It's pretty hard to make me cry in general. Death scenes pretty much never manage it. When something gets to me it's usually because of some powerful emotional revelation that either takes me by complete surprise or just cuts a lot deeper than I expected it too.

Some moments that have made my throat a little dry but didn't quite manage tears were...

Claymore
The moment where Teresa realizes that young Clare was looking to comfort her, instead of looking to her for comfort.

That was such a wonderfully powerful revelation for her and seeing such a stone-faced character break down and cry just added to it's impact.

One Piece
The Ennis Lobby arc when Luffy orders Ussop to set fire to the world Government flag as Robin looks on in chains.

That scene was just so well delivered.

Bleach
The whole scene where Orihime stands over a sleeping Ichigo and listing all the different things she would do if she could live more than one life but that the one things she would want to do in EVERY life is fall in love with him.

That choked me up pretty good. Especially because that one blindsided me 100%. I mean, I guess knew Orihime liked Ichigo but I had no idea she was in love with him.

The only one that really got to me enough to generate actual tears was.....

Eureka Seven
In an episode near the end in the scene where during a fight with "The End" everyone hears Anemone's thoughts and regrets about Dominic.

There was this whole "she loved him but didn't realize it until it was too late" thing that was so heartbreaking and then it switched gears to triumphant so fast that it was too much for me.

HegemonKhan
January 17, 2012, 01:39 AM
Claymore definately has a lot of emotional scenes... too many to list for me.. (and I've done so enough already, lol)

rudorofu
January 30, 2012, 01:16 AM
One manga off the top of head that nearly made me cry was Kitchen Princess during a certain moment; won't spoil it. Otherwise, I don't remember any specific manga series that made me that close to crying...

naruto-niichan
February 04, 2012, 12:09 PM
The last two animes that made me (nearly) cry are Sket Dance and AnoHana.

The Switch Off Arc in Sket Dance was so shocking and sad that I nearly cried and made me completely fall in love with the anime/manga. The serious moments in Sket Dance are very strong, even so that I could expect a good serious story from the mangaka after Sket Dance is finished.

Anohana's last episode made me cry, really cry. It was damn touching and it really moved my heart. It was one of the very rare cases where anime made me cry a lot. I can only recommend this great and sad show.

MisaoFan
February 07, 2012, 10:48 AM
Highschool DxD
When reading the manga, the entire Asia's rescue arc made me teared up, especially her near-death (before being ressurected by Rias) and Issei's words towards Reynalle, his childhood friend. I also remember that I cried Asia's past (accompanied by a sorrowful lullaby along the lines of a traditionnal musicbox) in the anime (though I haven't cried Asia's past in the manga but it made me moved to sadness).

matzik1212
March 19, 2012, 11:54 AM
Well there were plenty actually :)
In Naruto when Jiraya died and also when Minato and Kushina gave their life in order to save Naruto http://www.emoticonsfree.org/wp-content/uploads/yolks-messengers/TT-TT.gif (http://www.emoticonsfree.org/yolks-for-messengers.html). Those made me cry really hard , i couldn't stop for several minutes :(

Also in One Piece when the SH's said goodbye to Merry , that was also a moment that made me cry . It was too touching , couldn't help it

The Breaker also made me cry when 9AD decided to destroy Shioon's Ki center . LOL i'm really easily touched by unexpected events :amuse

LeoMarco
April 15, 2012, 11:22 AM
The Fairy Tail Anime. Several times.

The situations weren't even sad, it's the music plus the situation of the characters that get me. It also happens to my mate, so the animation/production team are doing a something right.

I can't think of any others.

shukketsumaru
April 15, 2012, 09:09 PM
Sket Dance (Happy Rebirthday! The manga version, the anime version was underwhelming to me)
Claymore (Theresa!!)
Ao no Exorcist ("Someone Like Me...")
Zetman (Jin, Woobie of Woobies)
Hikaru no Go (Sai? Where'd you go?)

Jammin
April 18, 2012, 08:30 PM
AnoHana just demolished my masculinity.

I was no match for it's final episode. We're talking full blown sobs and lots of them.http://www.laymark.com/l/o/34.gif

Googlez_kun
April 19, 2012, 08:24 AM
AnoHana just demolished my masculinity.

I was no match for it's final episode. We're talking full blown sobs and lots of them.http://www.laymark.com/l/o/34.gif

Don't worry,I cried like a baby as well.It's not that I simply had tears in my eyes,I actually cried like a wuss...

Asarii
September 03, 2012, 12:22 AM
I'm in a dog phase right now and was looking for some manga about dogs. Unfortunately I ended up reading these two that were good but sad:

Deep Love - Pao no Monogatari (It contains animal cruelty so be warned.)
Eien no With

They both present the strong bond a dog can have with a human.

naruto-niichan
September 12, 2012, 02:05 PM
The last manga I was very close to crying was Bokurano. The children's story and fate all get to you in a special way and you can't help but feel with them. Probably the most depressing manga I've read thus far.

I'm in a dog phase right now and was looking for some manga about dogs. Unfortunately I ended up reading these two that were good but sad:

Deep Love - Pao no Monogatari (It contains animal cruelty so be warned.)
Eien no With

They both present the strong bond a dog can have with a human.

Better not read them then lol, I have this strange behaviour of feeling more sad when an animal is hurt :sweatdrop

Googlez_kun
September 16, 2012, 07:32 PM
The last manga I was very close to crying was Bokurano. The children's story and fate all get to you in a special way and you can't help but feel with them. Probably the most depressing manga I've read thus far.
Strangely enough, I did not feel like crying at all. It was so depressing and hopeless, crying wouldn't have helped me deal with it better. In a way you could say that was even worse. There is happy>neutral>crying>depressed(bokurano).
At least that's how I felt.

naruto-niichan
September 17, 2012, 01:02 PM
Strangely enough, I did not feel like crying at all. It was so depressing and hopeless, crying wouldn't have helped me deal with it better. In a way you could say that was even worse. There is happy>neutral>crying>depressed(bokurano).
At least that's how I felt.

I agree, I didn't cry either but it was so depressing sometimes that I felt like crying would actually make me feel better. You know, like crying it out to calm down. Hope you get what I mean :s

Bomber D Rufi
September 17, 2012, 01:15 PM
I had tears running down my face during the anime version of Kidd's (Kid's?) book burning scene in the anime adaption of Konjiki no Gash bell. I've never cried during an anime and or manga, but the music, the voice acting, and...goddamit everything was perfect for that scene. The manga had me sad, but the anime had me wiping my tears in embarassment and just the sheer sadness of it all. It didn't help that Nazo-nazo Hakase was like 'I know. You don't need to say anything.' Toei's always been hit or miss animation wise with me, but they ALWAYS get the best VA's and music. Even One piece had me sniffiling at some points.

Mangawise, I didn't cry but I did really feel bad for Luchiru in Anagle Mole about chapter...12. When he's all like Dammit, It would have been better if I were born a human.. (http://www.batoto.net/read/_/79415/anagle-mole_ch12_by_pinoymanga-scans/10). His tears and expression got to me. Amongst his own people he's seen as a reject, and the humans he's supposed to help destroy take him in and give him love and care. The whole series is simplistic, but my heart went out to him during that scene....I hope to re-translate it so the proper sentiment is expressed soon.

cearon
September 25, 2012, 06:50 PM
well the very first anime that made me cry was (and hardest if i may say so myself) "Grave of the Fireflies". I watched it 15 years after it was made and i have never been in a situation that resembles Seita and his sister nor do i know any1.... but for some reason it just made me cry rivers everytime that little girl started to slurp stones. till that time i didnt even know i could even cry from a movie/anime/manga etc.

destiny4ever
November 08, 2012, 10:00 PM
My Girlfriend is a Gumiho (Korean Drama)

The goodbye scene between Dae Wood and Miho made me cry. http://www.laymark.com/l/m/m033.gif (http://www.laymark.com)It was such a moving scene; the girl he loved was dying and he could do nothing about it, she had decided to sacrifice her life for his sake. The love of DW and Miho was so palpable during that scene, I was so touched by that scene, I was so moved by their acting that I couldn’t help but cry during that scene.

Googlez_kun
November 10, 2012, 12:35 PM
Crayon Shin-chan
I had tears in my eyes when that little annoying brat sang a moving goodbye song dedicated to his classmate who hates him. So touching. ;__;

Doraku
November 12, 2012, 11:01 AM
Crayon Shin-chan is one of the manga with so many tear jerking arcs, especially in the later volumes. I was really sad to found out that the Mangaka of Shin-chan died from an accident :(. Too bad it's not really popular in the scanlation community though, and I'd recommend it for those who seek random humors and a drawing style which is need some time to get used to.

My eyes were wet when I finished watching 5 Centimeters per Second, not because it's a sad story per se, but how it is beautifully executed. The story is something I can relate to myself as well, and probably that's the reason why I was being sentimental when I finished watching it.

---------- Post added at 11:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 PM ----------

Wait, I forgot about Grave of the Fireflies. I remember now that I watched it as a child, and yes, I remember it was very touching.

Josef K.
November 13, 2012, 11:02 AM
Spirited Away

The ending was a bit of a: "wait, what?!" than really sad. But in retrospect I tend to realize just exactly how the whole world in the anime functioned left a sore feeling in my soul.

Aside from the very shadowy love story, I really thought about how the rest of it all fits in, For example the underlying Marxist way in which the workers were presented, the idealization of the working class that worked for Yubaba left me wanting to know more about them as well. Also Chihiro's parents and their whole moving to another place thing. Really a common thing in today's world, migration. These kind of themes left me wondering and sad simply because they are kind of unsolvable in their core in the real world as well.

It's just an overall sad story but with a seemingly happy ending, even though most of the side stories have sad endings, at least part of the main story ended a bit happily with the reunion. Still the anime is a punch in the gut.

phio_chan
January 23, 2013, 12:50 PM
Let's see...

Right now I can't remember any other manga that made me cry but Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle. Moment of apologize is usually sweet and important, but when someone says thanks instead even though he has suffered and done lots of bad things... I was just sad because this character always has a rough time and it feels like he isn't really happy throughout the entire series. I was crying just like that. XD A webtoon manhwa Can't See Can't Hear But Love made me almost cry few times because how touching it could be sometimes with its lesson about life.

For anime, well, there are some. Angel Beats! (that ending, lolwut), Kimi ni Todoke (this one I cried a lot, I don't know why, I just cared about Sawako so much that it made me sad when she was sad), Code Geass (deaths of season 2 were just..). I can't remember the rest. Mostly are related to deaths, but with Sawako of Kimi ni Todoke, even happy moments when she was able to open up herself could make me almost cry of happiness. XD

Now as for drama, there's quite a lot. The latest, I cried hard twice for Reply 1997 (in hospital and at episode 15; hardest was at episode 15, more than that will be spoiler, lol). The series itself is great and touching, but at those specific moments I was just touched. Those moments were sweet, real, and proves of love from your family is just neverending. Next is The King 2 Hearts. For those who watch the series, perhaps I don't need to say which scene made me cry because it's rather obvious, lol, but the clue is episode 19. Let's just say that I had to witness a heroic death of a character I didn't expect at all. Heck, I thought he would live happily for all he had been through. But they just had to do that to him. The movie Hello Ghost made me cry too at the ending, it was just very sad and sweet. Again, family related.

I feel like there's a lot of titles I forget so I'll update again when I remember. :p

yukihime03
February 01, 2013, 07:40 AM
There are so many so many manga/anime/Asian drama that made me cry...
I always cry when I see a scene of someone heartbroken.. I guess it's because I can relate...
I'll list some that made me cry hard...
Hakuouki is one that made me cry for a week. I think I was really saddened that the main characters died one by one, and Hijikata's death is just so heartbreaking... For a week, that scene stayed on my mind and every time I remembered it, I just cried.
Honey and Clover too... I even ended up crying while laughing since every time there was a particularly heartbreaking scene, it was followed by a silly scene. I usually cried when Yamada was thinking about Mayama because I can relate to her the most...
Natsume Yuujinchou also made me cry a lot in some of its episodes... Mostly on the episodes about the love between human and youkai, and Natsume's childhood... Those scenes are so heartbreaking... :scry
Fairy Tail is the winner though... I cried so hard at the scene after Jellal was taken and Erza was crying... :crying It was just too much. Even until now, I still feel like crying every time they are meeting or thinking of each other. It's not helping that the relationship between them is still unresolved. It really makes me frustrated.
As for manga, the only one I can remember now is Hana to Akuma. The end is so bittersweet I couldn't help but to cry.

Asclepius
April 19, 2013, 12:08 PM
Naruto made me cry a few times. And usually i cried when i read the scenes and i cried again when i watched the animated scene.

+ Asuma's death
+ When Naruto met his father for the first time.
+ When Naruto's parents died and his mother's goodbye

Bleach made me cry too.

+ Ulquiorra's death was very touching with Orihime's sadness.
+ Byakuya's almost death was heartbreaking to me.

ZE made me cry for the first time while reading a Boys Love manga.
The scene when Asari cries and "dies" cause "dolls" disappear when they cry. It was after a love confession. So tragic. :crying

REN KOUEN
May 06, 2013, 12:46 PM
clannad
the end of kotomi ichinose's arc
toradora
the classroom scene where taiga is exposed for loving ryuuji
kokoro connect
inaba's thought-confession in the infirmary
maybe a few others but those three were just flat out epic

---------- Post added May 06, 2013 at 12:46 PM ---------- Previous post was May 01, 2013 at 03:27 PM ----------

anohana is now at the top of my list

i dont see how anyone could watch that show and not be moved to tears, it is pretty damn epic

MiyamotoMusashi
May 06, 2013, 02:05 PM
clannad
the end of kotomi ichinose's arc
toradora
the classroom scene where taiga is exposed for loving ryuuji
kokoro connect
inaba's thought-confession in the infirmary
maybe a few others but those three were just flat out epic

---------- Post added May 06, 2013 at 12:46 PM ---------- Previous post was May 01, 2013 at 03:27 PM ----------

anohana is now at the top of my list

i dont see how anyone could watch that show and not be moved to tears, it is pretty damn epic

Really? I laughed my ass off about the forced drama

Kaiten
May 06, 2013, 04:29 PM
I didn't think Clannad or Kokoro were forced at all. I support the conventional wisdom with Clannad, one of the best anime I have ever seen. I genuinely cared about Nagisa and Tomoya, truly a moving anime. Kokoro did not exactly make me choke up, but the friendship between Inaba, Iori, and Taishi felt natural, real, and well executed. Inaba, in particular, was a fantastic character. I never finished ToraDora (someday I will), so I won't comment on it.

MiyamotoMusashi
May 06, 2013, 04:37 PM
I didn't think Clannad or Kokoro were forced at all. I support the conventional wisdom with Clannad, one of the best anime I have ever seen. I genuinely cared about Nagisa and Tomoya, truly a moving anime. Kokoro did not exactly make me choke up, but the friendship between Inaba, Iori, and Taishi felt natural, real, and well executed. Inaba, in particular, was a fantastic character. I never finished ToraDora (someday I will), so I won't comment on it.

If it´s an answer to my post, i was talking about Ano Hana which he also referred to

liductan
May 14, 2013, 06:09 PM
Well..normally I am an emotional person..but I hardly ever cry when watching something..except a few scenes in naruto..
Gaara's flashbacks..I hate betrayal and I can't ever imagine being treated like that..
and when obito supposedly died..Loosing a friend or someone so young is tragic and I been there..
Lastly,this anime is sad all around..elfen lied.

REN KOUEN
May 15, 2013, 09:33 AM
Really? I laughed my ass off about the forced drama

well i guess if i went into the show with a cynical point of view trying to pick out non-existent flaws i could have experienced a similar reaction

but because i allowed myself to actually get caught up in the characters and the plot, as if i was reading a book or something, i let my guard down a little bit

i believe the latter is a better way to not only experience anime, but to experience life

lets say, i went to watch an anime series that was a comedy, and i went into the series trying to pick apart every little joke to prove how non-funny they were

that doesnt sound very enjoyable

if the series isnt funny, just dont watch it,

if it is funny , dont go into the series with some pessimistic attitude trying to prove you are "tough" or have some "high tolerance" by not laughing at the jokes

but to come on here and make fun of my experience because you are a cynical person means nothing to me, in fact it kind of feels like you are trying to discourage me from posting

just kidding now this is what i consider forced drama, i do think anohana was a bit over the top
but i totally allowed myself to fall in love with the characters, so when the last episode happened i got caught up in it

however i do respectfully understand why this type of show wouldnt be for everyone

Asarii
June 08, 2013, 05:50 AM
I didn't expect to tear up, but I shed a tear when...

Kasuga confessed. After marathoning Part 1 of the manga, I felt like a whole weight of emotional baggage has been lifted off of his and even my shoulders. It was refreshing.

destiny4ever
June 26, 2013, 10:50 PM
Gu Family Book – Episode 24

I cried so much during the last episode of “Gu Family Book”. http://emoticoner.com/files/emoticons/crazy-monkey/crazy-monkey-emoticon-165.gif While part of me was always worried because of the monk’s prophesy and the possibility that one of them might die, the other part of me was hopeful I expected for KC and YW to have their very much well-deserved happy ending. Sadly, KC and YW didn’t have their happy ending. http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Sad/sad-021.gifYW’s death made me cry so much. The scenes with her father, with her friends back at the academy and the scenes with KC really broke my heart.

I cried my heart out during this episode. It was so sad!! I loved YW as a character, she was great! She was an amazing female character and one of my favorite characters from all the dramaverse so her death was even more painful because I liked her as a character and because I really wanted her to have her happy ending together with KC.

The scene that made me cry the most was the scene at the river. That good-bye scene was so beautiful; it was so full of love and sadness at the same time. Even now I feel very sad when I think about how things ended. :(

Googlez_kun
July 07, 2013, 12:06 PM
Grave of the Fireflies.
That movie was SO sad. I heard from people the movie made them cry, but I thought it was a normal movie with a sad ending or something. Yeah no, the WHOLE movie was just sad. I could've cried at several points throughout the movie, but I controlled myself bravely, as I was watching the movie with my girlfriend....though at the end, I couldn't take it anymore. And we both cried. Oh boy.
Setsukoooooo. :crying

Asarii
July 11, 2013, 03:10 AM
Grave of the Fireflies is one of those films where you can only watch it once; not because it's bad but because it's emotionally devastating, and only a masochist would want to go through those emotions again. I have the VHS, but I'll probably never watch it again. :scry

ukimix
July 11, 2013, 06:50 AM
Just like that. I have it as a flimic treasure to not watch again. Sooooooooo sad!

phio_chan
July 20, 2013, 04:55 AM
Grave of the Fireflies is one of those films where you can only watch it once; not because it's bad but because it's emotionally devastating, and only a masochist would want to go through those emotions again. I have the VHS, but I'll probably never watch it again. :scry

Just like that. I have it as a flimic treasure to not watch again. Sooooooooo sad!

So I guess it's a good thing I lost all my files back then. :XD

I agree, though. I don't want to go through all those sadness and frustration again. It's depressing. I kept wishing for something happy at the series, then I got it, only to be smashed the next moment. :|

R3D
August 07, 2013, 07:23 AM
00 gundam , the deaths of lockon stratos and chirs and lieghty =(

Asarii
August 20, 2014, 01:13 PM
Certain episodes of Natsume Yuujinchou when the backstory behind the demons are brought up. Sometimes it's sad and other times it's quite heartwarming.

The one that actually made me tear up was the chapter/episode about the Suzume.

Teeba
August 25, 2014, 12:12 PM
Oddly enough, I'm finding Re: Hamatora really good this season. Even if it did a complete 180 in terms of genre (action/comedy to action/thriller), there is something really satisfying about watching it.

One scene that made me cry was in episode 4, where Honey is trapped in a van with her father. She's a psychic, but has despised her dad for only thinking of the benefits he could reap from her powers. She ran away from home years ago but fate has brought them together in the form of kidnapping.

What I loved about this whole scene is that her dad has basically given up, but Honey doesn't despite being physically weak. Through sheer will she manages to break apart her ties and use her powers to send a signal for people to find them. She did the right thing -- even if they die, at least the culprits can be caught and her body would have been found. I think the ability to think beyond your own immediate demise is really badass. The whole scene was emotional and I ended up teary eyed.

SharkBait
August 29, 2014, 10:15 AM
Free! lots of times, whenever they all get caught up in their emotions and friendships being tested its just so intensely done that one cant help but feel all into it and experiencing those same emotions.