PDA

View Full Version : Tale of the Gutsy Ninja - Jiraiya Chronicles (Manga Spoilers inside)

sarutobi_sensei
September 01, 2009, 03:34 PM
http://www.tv.com/naruto-shippuden/tale-of-a-gutsy-ninja--the-jiraiya-ninja-chronicles-1/episode/1293095/summary.html

I dunno if people have seen this or not, but this is scheduled for the 24th of September.

Discuss.

AkatsukiNoTobi
September 01, 2009, 03:52 PM
So...are they turning that little, itsy-bitsy part of one chapter into an hour-long episode? Cause...that seems a little weird. Cool, but weird. At least we get to see some Jounin Naruto action? Even if it is just made up xD (cause Naruto isn't made up, right?)

sarutobi_sensei
September 01, 2009, 04:14 PM
Hmm, my guess is that this is about Jiraiya's past and how he got to Myubokuzan, not about The Gutsy Ninja.

ameya730
September 02, 2009, 11:25 AM
so essentially this is pseudo cannon or is it just the pain vs jiraya fight

philixus1988
September 02, 2009, 11:33 AM
they are in the process of or have just killed of diedera at the hands of sasuke in anime.... i dont follow its anime so dunno.

3c
September 02, 2009, 11:51 AM
This is simply great. It's just what we needed before you know what. I really hope it's as the name suggests, some "filler" episodes about Jiraiya's past. I hope Kishi has written these episodes himself and that the anime team make them into something beatiful. Good thinking from the anime team.

slmcknett
September 02, 2009, 05:07 PM
I really, really doubt it's going to be a filler episode. What would be the point of that? And Kishimoto will NEVER waste his time writing a stupid filler arc. It's just going to be an hour-long fight special between Jiraiya and Pain.

AkatsukiNoTobi
September 02, 2009, 05:33 PM
It's just going to be an hour-long fight special between Jiraiya and Pain.

Not this early, it's not. There are still about 10 chapters left in between this week's episode and the start of Jiraiya vs Pain (chapter 374 is when it officially starts). It'll come this year, but not in a month, I don't think. We'd be really lucky to get that fight in a month.

3c
September 02, 2009, 05:41 PM
AkatsukiNoTobi is right, it's to early. If you go on tv.com you'll see that it comes right after Naruto encounters Itachi.

It sounds more like a Kakashi Gaiden thing. A double episode with Jiraiya growing up or something, that would really be awesome and nice to watch. Kishi might not waste time on making an arc that's true, but I was talking about a hour-special, not an arc. So no it's not impossible for him to do that. Actually he kinda has to be atleast on the idea making as they're going to add "filler" material to an important character of his story.

Essence
September 02, 2009, 06:08 PM
This is cool, a episode dedicated to Jiraiya, even though it might only be semi cannon, it will be great to see Jiraiya past and all he has struggles with.i have faith it will be great.

DARK
September 05, 2009, 12:48 AM
This only makes me wonder; why didn't Orochimaru get HIS hour special?

At least this isn't just some random filler arc that came in between the middle of a canon (although granted, Bleach's latest filler is good).

They'll probably add in some stuff just like Shippuden Episode 113 (Orochimaru's history more in depth). Hopefully we can find out the name of Jiraiya's other two students alongside Minato. I want to see kid Minato for myself- to see if he has the same voice as Naruto or some deep voice.

3c
September 05, 2009, 05:45 PM
Sounds like it's a type of Kakashi Gaiden type episode, not an extension of cannon scenes.

The reason why Orochimaru didn't get to much love at the end is because although people like him and didn't want him to die, they don't care nearly as much as for Jiraiya.

Fans love Jiraiya, and still praise him. He was after all one of the best characters in the manga. And in my top 3 list. Also he's directly responsible for a lot of events in the manga, that we learn of afterwards as well. He's a very important character which is probably among the top 3 most important characters in the manga. Sharing it with Naruto and Sasuke.

Darth Executor
September 05, 2009, 06:15 PM
Sounds like it's a type of Kakashi Gaiden type episode, not an extension of cannon scenes.

The reason why Orochimaru didn't get to much love at the end is because although people like him and didn't want him to die, they don't care nearly as much as for Jiraiya.

Fans love Jiraiya, and still praise him. He was after all one of the best characters in the manga. And in my top 3 list. Also he's directly responsible for a lot of events in the manga, that we learn of afterwards as well. He's a very important character which is probably among the top 3 most important characters in the manga. Sharing it with Naruto and Sasuke.

American fans, maybe, but Jiraiya wasn't very high on Japanese popularity lists.

Blade800
September 05, 2009, 07:02 PM
Not this early, it's not. There are still about 10 chapters left in between this week's episode and the start of Jiraiya vs Pain (chapter 374 is when it officially starts). It'll come this year, but not in a month, I don't think. We'd be really lucky to get that fight in a month.

Thats true. But smlcknett also got a point. The next chapter review showed Jiraya talking to Tsunade (like saying goodbye) and after that episode, the hour long special, so it can be Jiraya vs. Pain altough its too early. So I really dont know. Just have to wait.

sarutobi_sensei
September 06, 2009, 09:30 AM
They they are doing things, in 10 chapters are basically five episodes.
Besides, next week is already Jiraiya leaving to Amegakure and the big revelation x)

Black God
September 06, 2009, 01:07 PM
Were going to see naruto's mother animated

raptor02_2001
September 09, 2009, 11:40 PM
i wonder what happen to Kushina ?? did i miss info from manga ?

Bohemia22
September 10, 2009, 01:42 PM
Kishi never told us anything about her.

Kuranzyan
September 10, 2009, 04:17 PM
I think it's supposed to be "told us very little", seeing as we (who read the manga, that is) know her name, her origin, choice of jutsu and her personality, sort of.

Crude
September 10, 2009, 06:07 PM
I just hope this special doesn't spoil Pain's identity for those who only watch the anime.

weehoo107
September 10, 2009, 06:31 PM
hey, this airs on my birthday. what a gift :whoo

it looks interesting, yes, but theres probably gonna be a little bit of filler in the flashbacks (if that's what it is... ). I can live with that if the animation is good and

Minato and Kushina show

DARK
September 10, 2009, 08:27 PM
According to the preview of the special itself, we get to see more in depth of Jiraiya's past. It deals with flashbacks of Team Hiruzen (including a younger Enma), Gamabunta (somehow he was smaller than Jiraiya), and the Toads. They will add some anime-only "filler" to it. Not necessarily plot hole induced ones, but extras, just like how we got more in depth of Orochimaru/Itachi in Episode 114.

The Exalted
September 11, 2009, 11:27 AM
Jiraiya is one of my favorite characters, it's sad that the animators MESSED UP!!!

Chapter 376 page 10 CLEARLY shows that Gamabunta didnt have the scar over his eyes when Jiraiya was young he probably recieved that scar a good while later

*sigh*

GET IT RIGHT, OR DONT DO IT!!!!

:mad:mad:mad:mad

THM Nindo
September 11, 2009, 11:47 AM
We are basically going to see Jiraiya life when he was young.

We will see him meeting Tsunade/Orochimaru, and him being the exact replica (or almost) of what Naruto was when he was young.

Then, we will see when he stumble on the Frog Mountain and became a Sage there under the teachings of Fukasaku.

Then, if we're lucky we might even see a bit of the fight against Hanzou when he became one of the Sannin.

And, maybe (hopefully) a bit of him training Minato (and the two other unknown students!).

benelori
September 15, 2009, 04:55 PM
I think it's a pretty good idea, before jiraiya's death...it's actually a good filler...i like it

raptor02_2001
September 15, 2009, 11:52 PM
no esp in this week? am i right ?

3c
September 16, 2009, 06:57 AM
no esp in this week? am i right ?

That's right. The double episode will be released next week ;)

raptor02_2001
September 16, 2009, 10:37 PM
Damn oh well.. that is cool... thank you for info.
i can't wait for see Young Jiraiya ... he is my most favorite ... i am huge fan of him ..

Kuranzyan
September 26, 2009, 02:32 PM
Okay... Now we finally know how Jiraiya stumbled across Myobokuzan... Through a botched summoning. I thought nothing would happen if you didn't make a contract with an animal familiar?