PDA

View Full Version : Chapter One Piece 557 Discussion/558 Prediction

Pages : [1] 2 3

Akainu
September 03, 2009, 04:05 AM
If you haven't seen the goodies yet, you can check them out in the Spoiler Pics & Summaries (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1547574#post1547574) thread. This is where you can discuss all about them. But remember no spamming.

But remember: NO SPOILERS OUTSIDE THE SPOILER THREADS. This rule will be strictly enforced. Please respect those that don't want to be spoiled. Thanks.

Chapter is out, get it here (http://mangahelpers.com/m/one-piece/chapters/557/).

Black Lagoon
September 14, 2009, 06:44 AM
according to Google translation
the title is "Luffy and Whitebeard" and the rest (conversation+ events) is EPIC EPIC... XD :XD

mp44chris
September 14, 2009, 06:51 AM
Wow you must be very experienced with spoilers because i can't understand anything in this...
Title [ruhui] and white self-depreciation [ruhui] how doing, whether it fell, to ride that explanation (is carried off in the abrupt mountainous wave and the wave it has done in a state where the wave becomes the ice there where communication of the navy  When execution of the entering ace accelerates, you know and hurry and escape from the ice when it is the ~ which is it rages  The ice cracks and falling) the ability person who falls to the sea helps [jinbee], [ruhuiesu]!! It came to help!  A sail fee!! The crocodile in helper certain victory and white self-depreciation probably will start to cut with infrequent shelf ~ white self-depreciation and the claw, it does, but [kuroko] where [ruhui] which gets wet stops that why you stop? The [ro] which already is invalid at the point in time when also your agreement escapes?
Lufy & whitebeard sounds EPIC!!! Can't w8 for the translation!

Kuranzyan
September 14, 2009, 07:05 AM
Babelfish translates like shit. All that comes out of is random gibberish, and it doesn't translate names, making it hurt yer eyes. Seriously, the first time I see an japanses babelfish translated text that makes actually sense, I'll gouge my own eye out.

As for the chapter -probably Whitebeard asking Luffy who he is and why he's here, - I can't wait till thursday/friday when scans are out.

OdaForPresident
September 14, 2009, 07:08 AM
Yeah spoilers! 2 weeks is too long to wait for a new one piece chapter.

The only thing that made sense from that google translation is that Yimbei pulls someone out of the water. Maybe Luffy maybe someone else.

NoLimit89
September 14, 2009, 07:10 AM
dammit where are the people who can read Japanese? you don't even have to translate, just give us the gist of it.

white self depreciation!?!? wtf!?!?

are we solving an accounting problem here?

Edit:

thanks for translating so quick. oooo Kizaru wants to take out Luffy. Looks badass. Luffy better show us something new like being able to actually hit Kizaru or something. He doesn't have to beat Kizaru - obviously, since it's much too early for that, but just pack a Haki punch strong enough to knock him back so that everyone would go O.o wtf!? and then Marco can come to the rescue.

... but seriously, damn!!! actually, this probably wont happen until NEXT week's spoiler. the cliffhanger can be Kizaru getting ready to fight Luffy. Damn you Oda, you diabolical genius.

Black Lagoon
September 14, 2009, 07:14 AM
As expected Brook is in the cover story, and Smoker seems to comment something on why Croc, Jimbei and Luffy are on same side...
interesting

mp44chris
September 14, 2009, 07:17 AM
Looking at this, Sengoku said to Garp "Why is it always your family?"
Luffy : You wanna become the Pirate King? I'm the one who will be the Pirate King!

Whitebeard said something like - Don't tell me this strawhat is....

Kizaru : It's ok if I execute all of them right?

Sengoku : of course.
Hahahaha
well i thats so fanny seams this chapter wont be only awesome but funny too!

Black Lagoon
September 14, 2009, 07:23 AM
huh?? Kirazu acting cool

Kizaru : It's ok if I execute all of them right?
as if ha can :fan
oh!! wait ... wait what happened with Marco, I don't think he's been defeated by that dumb a$$... no way he's much stronger than him

street_san
September 14, 2009, 07:25 AM
Not even the whole script and i'm already excited. Sheesshh this chapter's going to be one of a kind xD.

Andonan
September 14, 2009, 07:26 AM
SNAP! Effectively everything happened as most people predicted with the exceptoin of smoker charging luffy (that'll happen next chapter) and I'm sure marco will jump in and say something like "did you forget about me grandpa" and smack kizaru halfway across the grandline :D

Shadoguardian
September 14, 2009, 07:38 AM
HOLY CR*P!!!

I've been waiting for this! I can't wait! It sounds Awesome and funy at the same time, something only Oda can pull of! But how did they land safely?!

NoLimit89
September 14, 2009, 07:56 AM
man, I really don't like Kizaru, so smug. he's worse than Akainu. at least with Akainu, we can be sure he'll get his ass kicked because Oda did make him out to be all evil with his absolute justice theme. but with Kizaru, he's just so smug ... it doesn't warrant him a total ass kicking and yet I would be pissed if he doesn't get his ass kicked.

another edit:

I just realized with all these mangas, the way to create a hateable villain is just to make them smug. It worked for every character in Bleach. In fact, it's overdone in Bleach. Each encounter is like both parties being smug and trash talking each other before they fight, so predictable and it loses its effect after awhile. and yet, when used sparingly like in Oda's case, it is so powerful.

Shadoguardian
September 14, 2009, 08:03 AM
But how did they land safely?!

Forget I said that. Wow Luffy sure has b*lls to argue with Whitebeard:worship!! I want to see Iva and Buggy's expression while they're arguing:XD!

L to the T
September 14, 2009, 08:05 AM
i think that wb is gonna die, that's my prediction.

chess4
September 14, 2009, 08:06 AM
seems like kizara is about to attack again. im glad that luffy stopped crocodile. hopefully my main man buggy gets in the mix and makes a difference. it is also good to see that whitebeard knows about ace and luffy, so he will not think that the jailbreak crew are enemies

justf0rnow
September 14, 2009, 08:12 AM
i hope we could see luffy kick kizaru's ass for shooting that annoying beam to his nakamas (especially zoro) XD
and im still hoping to see Rayleigh again =/ maybe he'll come coz kuma told something to him

PS: how can i forget brooke!!! we haven't seen brooke's mini story yet... he's the last one isnt he ?

Black Lagoon
September 14, 2009, 08:17 AM
Forget I said that. Wow Luffy sure has b*lls to argue with Whitebeard:worship!! I want to see Iva and Buggy's expression while they're arguing:XD!

I can expect some faces like this http://media.onemanga.com/mangas/00000002/00000279/16.jpg
and Iva&Buggy& co : WTF!! Mugiwaraaaa ... he's gonna get himself killed, Croco do something
Croco : Yeah!! (and attack WB again)
then Luffy& WB : :rant Get the f**k out of the way (and crush Croco) :XD

The Closet Pervert
September 14, 2009, 08:24 AM
Ahaha, only Luffy has the nerve to argue like that with Whitebeard! :D

All hail luffy!

Shadoguardian
September 14, 2009, 08:26 AM
i hope we could see luffy kick kizaru's ass for shooting that annoying beam to his nakamas (especially zoro) XD
and im still hoping to see Rayleigh again =/ maybe he'll come coz kuma told something to him

PS: how can i forget brooke!!! we haven't seen brooke's mini story yet... he's the last one isnt he ?

I expect that if Luffy fights Kizaru he'll either (A) randomly uses Haki to land a solid hit or (B) discovers he can't hit him, so runs away by passing through him.

Also Brook is the second-to-last mini-story. The last one is Zoro.

Black Lagoon
September 14, 2009, 08:29 AM
I expect that if Luffy fights Kizaru he'll either (A) randomly uses Haki to land a solid hit or (B) discovers he can't hit him, so runs away by passing through him.

Nah, I don't think so, as Andonan said before, Marco will finish him

elitefox
September 14, 2009, 08:30 AM
Damn another epic, I really can't seem to comprehend that naruto and bleach is on top of one piece...

Haha WB irritated again by shanks :D

Diamond can repel light right? cheeky brat indeed, and look at all those faces shock by luffy again, I mean not just them but all us readers haha totally epic

kuroSaki_Ichi
September 14, 2009, 08:31 AM
Haha i agree that Kizura is too damn smug....Luffy kick his ass pleasee =D

Yans86
September 14, 2009, 08:32 AM
I'm tired.............really really tired...............I mean,I need at least 10 vocabularies to find words!!!Oda is God.....I mean,come on!!!every chapter is a f*****n cliffahenger!!evry chapter is a F+++++ wow!!!and we "know" already that next chapter is going to be even more awesome....WB and Luffy will charging straight on max power,!!!
I mean.....F**k!!Oda u F**k!!!u amaze us.....to amaze us even more....and then even more......I don't wanna die so young,my heart is weak to this lovely S***T!!!!

If someone would like to join me,we can collect some money to transfer to an apartment in front of his house :-D

Luffy arguing with WB!!!F**k yeah!!lol
The pirate prince already against the King of the seas.....u r the best buddy!!!

And should we say that Roger's nakama are probably looking at these scene......Dragon is probably looking at these scene.....
Poor SenGoku,I feel sorry for him!!!

justf0rnow
September 14, 2009, 08:32 AM
i think that wb is gonna die, that's my prediction.

didnt u said that already on Spoiler Pics and Summaries Thread ?

great!!! now i forget about my second favorite, Zoro...
damn those Haki things... i can hardly wait to see the explanation and how to use it!!!

btw, why wont the they (WG) bring magellan ? his poison is sure more helpful than those 3 elemental admirals
what would happen to blackbeard after this ? he got fired ?
and what would WG become ? if they defeated, would there be WG again ? i mean, its clear that WG are the main villain (?) and it'll kinda ruin the story if it suddenly disappear after SH enter the new world X(

elitefox
September 14, 2009, 08:33 AM
so this means luffy is on moby dick?

ScorpionGR
September 14, 2009, 08:44 AM
lool wonderful chapter ... i like to see luffy on whitebeard ... Whitebeard shut up or i will kick your ass .... dragon for sure gonna help this war .... i don't think he gonna appear but i am sure he gonna send help after seeing luffy and iva landing in the war

JC123
September 14, 2009, 08:58 AM
There's already a glut of characters. Why should we see Dragon? I believe Ivana is taking over in his stead to represent the revolution.

As well, with Robin possibly meeting up with them, it's highly unlikely that he'll appear when he has a researcher to work with.

Other than that, I'd translate but it seems I was beaten to it. :(

elitefox
September 14, 2009, 09:15 AM
Dragon most likely doesn't know iva and luffy are there at marine hq, like who would know even all the people at the hq are surprise lol

Rotten The Wizard
September 14, 2009, 09:19 AM
EEPPPPIIIICCCCCC
I was actually expecting luffy and WB would get along and fight together but as always you can never predict Oda.
what a funny scene lol Luffy arguing with the most powerful man in the world

Romanov D Paul
September 14, 2009, 09:22 AM
Well, since one of the last chapter was named "Ace and Whitebeard", "Luffy and Whitebeard" kinda of makes sense, doesn't it? :D Aside from that, the whole thing sounds REALLY epic men, Luffy seem to not be able to understand who is talking to even if he actually know WHO is WB... or maybe, just as always he is too damned overconfident in himself and doesn't care a damn about the strongest man in the world, ahahah. That said, I don't think he is able to counterattack Kizaru right now, with no control over his Haki, but maybe one of WB commander like Marco could really lend an helpful hand here... although probably even before Kizaru the one that will take on him will probably be an hungry for vengeance Moria, IMHO. But all in all, I really hope to see some reaction from Luffy when he'll spot Little Oars Jr., kinda like "Oh my wasn't u dead back on Thriller Bark?". Then he'll realize he's another guy with the same goal as him, and LOJ will give him his last breath to help rescuing Ace. Go for it Rubber man!

kanmati
September 14, 2009, 09:24 AM
kizaru strongly been taken. in term of luffy going to vs kizaru, the way people talking,seem magellan is stronger than kizaru. hmmm... kizaru seem below aokiji & aikainu. then shiryuu can be admiral ranking. shiryuu can vs mihawk. hmm~

Akaii
September 14, 2009, 09:37 AM
this chapter sounds super awesome~luffy and WB arguing :blink OMG~ and kizaru really need to die or something tragic should happen to him.

BlackHair
September 14, 2009, 09:40 AM
WB and Luffy. Wonder what Garp is thinking right now xD

elitefox
September 14, 2009, 09:42 AM
Luffy just need a little mirror or something that reflects lol, instapawn, but to aikainu, he is damned roasted

hdiuy
September 14, 2009, 09:49 AM
Awesome! WB and Luffy's gonna do the 'lets-fire-haki-together' haki shot in the arc! I'm sure of it.

Shadoguardian
September 14, 2009, 10:02 AM
Awesome! WB and Luffy's gonna do the 'lets-fire-haki-together' haki shot in the arc! I'm sure of it.

Highly doubt that but you could always dream. But this setting is pretty good for Luffy. With all this Ice around Luffy should be able to use it well to get some solid hits on the Admirals. Ice is probably Akainus lava powers weakness (and vice-versa) and if lights weakness is anything that can reflect it, then the ice could be used against Kizaru as well. It'll definitely be interesting. I wonder if Luffy will realise this and use the ice properly.

chess4
September 14, 2009, 10:03 AM
Ahaha, only Luffy has the nerve to argue like that with Whitebeard! :D

All hail luffy!

its not he is brave, he just doesnt relaize who whitebeard really is

Cruewk
September 14, 2009, 10:09 AM
its not he is brave, he just doesnt relaize who whitebeard really is

No, he is brave. He knows Whitebeard is strong enough to go against the WG (something that Luffy's crew barely made out of with only 1 Admiral). He also knows he strong enough to be the captain of Ace.

However, it's just within Luffy's personality to know that nothing is impossible and even if the strongest man in the world is in his way, there will always be a way to beat it.

chess4
September 14, 2009, 10:11 AM
it is official, garp will definitely turn on the WG. the admirals are gunning for luffy, so no way garp stands by and let them kill luffy.

mext chapter im sure we will get to to ace's reaction to luffy making it there.

guess invankov's death wink isnt the one that caused the ship to jump in the air

Yans86
September 14, 2009, 10:12 AM
Luffy already declared War against the WG(Enies Lobby arc)........it's not a matter of winning or not,he is just like this.....what he "think" he does......he can't care less of the person he is talking with as he can care less if he might get killed :-P

Van's
September 14, 2009, 10:14 AM
You read new spoiler? Luffy, got frozen in a marine ship o_o after get "damaged" by WB DF o.o

JC123
September 14, 2009, 10:22 AM
More than likely, Aokiji froze the tidal wave to stop WB's earthquake. Without a proper picture I can only do so much. So... it may be wrong but it seems he retreated to the ship to avoid that attack.

c0nflikt
September 14, 2009, 10:37 AM
I hate when the spoiler is not all there and it's monumentally exciting, i wonder how quickly luffy could defeat croc now since he's much stronger than before?

I wanna see the war back underway, luffy and co joined in. This is just to cool.

Yans86
September 14, 2009, 10:46 AM
The funny thing is that Luffy is already wet,so basically a couple punch would destroy Crocodile.....not saying if he use also gears second.....
Poor Croco,how unlucky....

Kuranzyan
September 14, 2009, 11:06 AM
Luffy frigging BROKE into Impel Down, I'd say this 'small' act gives him the same (in)fame which is considered general among the Yonkou. He's gotten way stronger since he was frozen by Aokiji before he went to Water Seven. He's got his Gear Second and Gear Third powerups now, and he can (involuntarily, but hey, he can) use the Haoushoku no Haki.

soDeq05
September 14, 2009, 11:13 AM
Spanish Translation

Spanish Translation

Comenzamos el capítulo con Luffy, Crocodile, Jimbei, Buggy, Mr. 3, Mr. 1, Inazuma (Enfermo), Iva-san, y todos los demás prisioneros y Okamas aterrizando.
Se explica que chocaron contra uno de los Tsunami de Shirohige (Él provocó dos Tsunamis, uno de ellos chocó contra el barco y los mandó a volar pero en ese momento el tsunami se congela dejando el barco casi colgando.
Durante su estancia en ese fragmento congelado de Tsunami, escuchan la conversación sobre el plan secreto de la marina y se ponen a discutir y de tanta discusión se rompe el fragmento de Tsunami congelado donde estaban, haciéndolos caer.
Todos ellos caen en el agua, y son rescatados por Jimbei
Luffy: ¡Ace!!! ¡He venido a salvarte!
Ace: ¡Luffy!
Crocodile atacó a Shirohige pero como estaba mojado no se podía transformar en arena, así que usa su garfio.
Luffy detiene a Crocodile gracias a que se encuentra mojado aún
Crocodile se enoja y le reclama a Luffy el porqué han roto su acuerdo, a lo que Luffy le contesta que Shirohige es una persona importante para Ace y que no debe hacerle nada.
Todos los personajes de importancia hacen comentarios sobre la llegada de Luffy. Hancock está feliz, y Moria tiene una reacción que podría ser enfado, nervios, ya saben, la paliza que le dió.
Shirohige le dice a Luffy que ese sombrero que lleva lo reconoce como el de Shanks y aparece un flashback cuando el brazo de Shanks fue devorado por el monstruo marino, en el capítulo 1 (Leviatán)
Luffy: Sé que quieres ser el Rey de los Piratas, pero yo seré el que lo consiga!
Shirohige: Un mocoso engreído…¡No te metas en mi camino, idiota!!!
Luffy: ¡¡Salvaré a Ace por mis propios medios!!!
Iva y Buggy se impresionan de ver a Luffy discutiendo con Shirohige como si fuesen de igual a igual
Akainu: Vaya.. el nieto del gran héroe Garp y el hijo de Dragon… Debo matarlos aquí mismo..

SenninSage
September 14, 2009, 11:28 AM
Haha unbelievable. Luffy probably looked epic stopping Crocodile's attack in the fashion that he did, and now he's talking to WhiteBeard as an equal.

Luffy is the center of attention right now lol. I always knew that WhiteBeard and Luffy would get along with one another. Even with WhiteBeard saying what he did, I can already tell he likes Luffy a great deal. I don't need to see a single picture or what happens next to know that he is fond of Luffy. This is going to be very awesome :)

Cruewk
September 14, 2009, 11:28 AM
Luffy frigging BROKE into Impel Down, I'd say this 'small' act gives him the same (in)fame which is considered general among the Yonkou. He's gotten way stronger since he was frozen by Aokiji before he went to Water Seven. He's got his Gear Second and Gear Third powerups now, and he can (involuntarily, but hey, he can) use the Haoushoku no Haki.

Yet, at the same time he still needs both Gear Second and Third + his entire crew to destroy one Pacifista :(. He didn't even come close fighting Kizaru or Sentamarou.

He isn't famous yet btw, his trip into Impel Down JUST happened.

NoLimit89
September 14, 2009, 11:38 AM
oh but after the war, he is gonna be sooo infamous.

Let's see how much damage he's done:

- Destroyed Enies Lobby
- Destroyed Impel Down
- Partaking in the War that is trying to destroy Marine HQ.

I mean come on, THOSE ARE THE ONLY 3 main strongholds of marine forces. NO ONE, no one in one piece even came close to damaging WG on such a level. Sometimes I wonder wtf has the revolutionary been doing.

besides, I know he wasn't even close in the fight against Sentomaru, but remember Enies Lobby? He got slapped around by Lucci like he was nothing when he thought Robin betrayed him. And after learning otherwise, some meat power and the inheriting back the will to save a nakama, his abilities evolved like 10 folds. This is like a similar sort of deal here, Luffy was tired out fighting the pacifistas at Shabondy and Sentomaru kicked his ass, however, now that he's refreshed with the hormones as well as having the will to save Ace, I predict Luffy is gonna outperform himself again and reach new heights in terms of power.

Alien81
September 14, 2009, 11:39 AM
Oda = Masterpiece

i don't even have to complain about (Oda) because he deliever's, all or most of the time, what can you say.

Luffy is definetly the man that everyone want's to kill now, since his dragons son, am not surprise that luffy is talking to WB that way,because am sure Roger did the same, i assume that maybe WB was older than Roger a bite.

The admirals are gunning for luffy head, does this mean at some point (Oda) is trying to bring (Dragon) in to play.

all i know right now luffy can't beat any admirals, so what ever his haki is am sure that's how will see luffy reach new heights in this war.

oda - please bring luffy crew i want them to fight too.

sh4dx
September 14, 2009, 11:39 AM
Yet, at the same time he still needs both Gear Second and Third + his entire crew to destroy one Pacifista :(. He didn't even come close fighting Kizaru or Sentamarou.

of course he is not a threat like the yonkou right now,but yet all the high ranked people know that he took out croc,lucci,moria even with help i don't really care but a simple example that he is a threat and the WG is "frightening" of him and they don't want to spread his name for bringing down crocodile and moria.

well, all the SB know him as well ALL the admirals + sengoku,even the gerousei.You are mistaken if you think that he is unknown just remember the gerousei and sengoku's speaking about luffy and you will understand.

Black Lagoon
September 14, 2009, 11:56 AM
I can imagine what Kuma, Smoker, Sengoku... would say in such a situation
"Under what star was this guy born?" or stuff like this, as many did before. XD

ScratchmenApoo
September 14, 2009, 12:03 PM
I think Hancock will betray WG and join Luffy in the fight. Luffy will get in a fight with one of the Admirals and shows his strength to everyone's amazement (since he is so small and scrawny) but still loses the fight and is saved by Jinbei or Ivankov. They will probably say something : Concentrate on saving Ace, don't start fighting. Luffy is so pissed he wants to fight someone but trusts them and tries to save Ace.

chess4
September 14, 2009, 12:33 PM
i cant wait to see brooks cover story, and what his pwer could possibly be

DaoneLuffy
September 14, 2009, 12:40 PM
Ya know, I was thinking how whitebeard asked is this strawhat who belongs to shanks that luffy is like his heir or something, maybe shanks will even eventually give luffy the keys to what he owns one day. I like how luffy argues with white beard much respect for that. The first person who fights luffy will get pwned, count on that.

BlackHair
September 14, 2009, 12:57 PM
The first person who fights luffy will get pwned, count on that. Agree!

Kizaru can't fight them yet. Marco will probably interrupt. Without control over haki, Luffy can't fight the Admirals.

hamad138
September 14, 2009, 01:07 PM
hmmm Luffy must concentrate to save ace there are a lot of people who are stronger than him....

mp44chris
September 14, 2009, 01:13 PM
hmmm Luffy must concentrate to save ace there are a lot of people who are stronger than him....

Luffy concentrate! Thats impossible only if he fights people who have harm him or his comrades.
Else... i don't thing so!

SenninSage
September 14, 2009, 01:19 PM
I wouldn't be so certain that Luffy won't be able to fight them yet, it didn't take him very long to come up with a way to beat Rob Lucci, who absolutely annihilated him.

Mythsoul
September 14, 2009, 01:19 PM
Hahaha oda doesnt dissapoints....Awesome luffy stopping croc and then bitching out whitebeard hehebe.....he has Hancock there and noone knows about that and i hope we see some use of his haki

Rotten The Wizard
September 14, 2009, 01:24 PM
in this situation luffy and whitebeard HAVE to work together if theyre going to rescue ace. Luffy obiously cant stand up against the admirals but whitebeard certainly can and on the other hand Whitebeard is too much of a threat to make it to luffy, all the admirals will tag team him, he needs to remain as a distraction/diversion
Its up to whitebeard, marco and joz to hold back the super powers while luffy jinbei and Iva try to make it to ace and thats the perfect job for luffy given his rubber ability

AiddonValentine
September 14, 2009, 01:25 PM
Luffy's job is just to get Ace out of there, he doesn't have the luxury of messing around with the Marines like Whitebeard's forces. I wouldn't be surprised if Garp does something and I fully expect Hancock to get rid of any pretenses of agreement with the Marines.

fistsofrage
September 14, 2009, 01:31 PM
Don't know if hancock will join the fight, but if she somehow gets him to use his haki then she'll have done enough. a hint or anything on how to use it when hes in trouble would be all luffy would need.

Rotten The Wizard
September 14, 2009, 01:33 PM
Hancock is the wildcard, I still dont think we've seen the extent of her abilities
All powerful people in OP have atleast 2 styles or levels they fight on
We've yet to see hancok use her Haki abilities which im sure are ridiculously, dangerously insane.

Razh
September 14, 2009, 01:39 PM
It just occurred to me that the Revolutionaries may have infiltrated into Marineford or at least they have supporters there. Someone had to open those gates and Marines are just normal people. They can change their opinions or support different goals. Marineford is a big city where there aren't only marines but also their families and others.
It wouldn't be a surprise if there was some discontent among the residents or even some of high ranking marines as well.

I don't think Dragon is freeing countries one by one. He'd have to prepare the territory for years to be so effective. Maybe it's the same here on Marineford. It wouldn't be a bad time to act now, while Marines are under attack.
Damn, I just want to see Dragon again. It's about time.

Rotten The Wizard
September 14, 2009, 01:45 PM
It just occurred to me that the Revolutionaries may have infiltrated into Marineford or at least they have supporters there. Someone had to open those gates and Marines are just normal people. They can change their opinions or support different goals. Marineford is a big city where there aren't only marines but also their families and others.
It wouldn't be a surprise if there was some discontent among the residents or even some of high ranking marines as well.

I don't think Dragon is freeing countries one by one. He'd have to prepare the territory for years to be so effective. Maybe it's the same here on Marineford. It wouldn't be a bad time to act now, while Marines are under attack.

haha Oda wont show him again till the New World!
thats fine though, until then we have whitebeard, the admirals, shichibukai and Rayleigh
not bad substitutes if you ask me :p

chess4
September 14, 2009, 01:50 PM
it was said that kizaru caught 500 pirates. could they be held at marineford? as far as i know there are 3 great marine forts, and 2 of them are destroyed. if the pirates are at marineford, then it could be posibble they are freed and take part inthis fight

Superman
September 14, 2009, 02:46 PM
Well, since one of the last chapter was named "Ace and Whitebeard", "Luffy and Whitebeard" kinda of makes sense, doesn't it? :D Aside from that, the whole thing sounds REALLY epic men, Luffy seem to not be able to understand who is talking to even if he actually know WHO is WB... or maybe, just as always he is too damned overconfident in himself and doesn't care a damn about the strongest man in the world, ahahah. That said, I don't think he is able to counterattack Kizaru right now, with no control over his Haki, but maybe one of WB commander like Marco could really lend an helpful hand here... although probably even before Kizaru the one that will take on him will probably be an hungry for vengeance Moria, IMHO. But all in all, I really hope to see some reaction from Luffy when he'll spot Little Oars Jr., kinda like "Oh my wasn't u dead back on Thriller Bark?". Then he'll realize he's another guy with the same goal as him, and LOJ will give him his last breath to help rescuing Ace. Go for it Rubber man!

Luffy is gonna play wack a mole wiith Oars:D:D that would be funny if he sit on him instead of moria.
Damn Luffy you badass show WB who is the future pirate king. Luffy is such an total idiot in a very very positive way:D:D:D. WB will be thinking: He is like Roger! Anyway this only gets cooler and cooler! GO LUFFY!!!

Junior
September 14, 2009, 02:48 PM

You're right..he's not famous, he's infamous!

Even IF the Impel Down fiasco just happened...Luffy's name is already everywhere. When he punched that..royal guy in the slave house a newspaper circulated around about it naming him as the primary aggressor (that's how the old snake chick knew about it).

Even if nobody knows about Luffy's ID exploration yet...his name is out there enough to make him somewhat well known. I'd imagine that you couldn't consider yourself a DECENT pirate without hearing tale of Luffy's adventures (I mean..come on). On just a basic level, Luffy's name should have reached well into the NW by now (meaning people certainly know enough to recognize his trademark Strawhat).

but I do agree...Luffy is NOOOOWHERE near on an Admiral level.

In order to beat/fight an Admiral you have to have conscious control over Haki. There's no way around it..they all seem to be Logia. Him going through so much to take down ONE Pacifista shows how far away he is from being truly strong. If Luffy jumps into the fight halfcocked..he's pretty much screwed. I hope Whitebeard is able to reign him in a little bit.

but then again, Garp is bound to step in if Luffy's life is threated in such a way. I can't see Garp sitting still for much longer.

DARK
September 14, 2009, 03:00 PM
It wasn't really much of a chapter. Just had the Shichibukai and Marines comment on Luffy and co.'s arrival. Sengoku treats Garp as a traitor. Kizaru decides to go ahead and defeat them (I would have rather it been Akainu since he is the one I would most associate with getting rid of them. But Kizaru is probably rectifying his failure back at Shaboudy). Still how can Luffy defeat him?

kkck
September 14, 2009, 03:00 PM
OMG luffy is epic as usual... the only man in the world who would dare argue with WB over something like that lol(ace did try to fight and kill him though). Can't wait to see ivankov and buggy's expressions lol. I also want to see the weakness ivankov mentioned crocodile had....

DARK
September 14, 2009, 03:08 PM
OMG luffy is epic as usual... the only man in the world who would dare argue with WB over something like that lol(ace did try to fight and kill him though). Can't wait to see ivankov and buggy's expressions lol. I also want to see the weakness ivankov mentioned crocodile had....

How was Luffy able to stop Crocodile if the latter is Logia? Can't he just turn himself to sand? Luffy predictably states that he will be the Pirate King.

Darkheart608608
September 14, 2009, 03:13 PM
He was able to stop Crocodile because he still wet from falling down to the sea. Luffy is just as he always be, straight and forward. I like that best about him.

Triake
September 14, 2009, 03:41 PM
Awesome spoiler! I just want to see some pics because... well, I can't make many predicitions without pictures... Oda-sama (Because he is a master of storytelling of the highest order!!!) seems to make things happen in an awesome way, something that was in the background can be ridiculously important, like the fact that Luffy's boat happened to be on the wave that... oooooooh! Gives me goosebumps! I want to see what Garp will say about Sengoku giving the order to excute both his grandkids? I reckon he will be conflicted and try to save them!

I wonder why Croc is fighting Whitebeard? Bad Blood perhaps?

Razh
September 14, 2009, 03:44 PM
Maybe the hook and the scar were a present from Whitebeard.

c0nflikt
September 14, 2009, 04:17 PM

i feel you man, hes been show what like 2 times out of more than 8355 pages, and mentioned every 50-100 chapters or so. his appearance is building up to be very epic. luffys gonna be like "Hey dad! I'm going to become pirate king." Dragons gonna be brought to tears.

I'm waiting to see how Kuma, Boa, and Moria preform in the war now that luffy has arrived, kuma will be unchanged i'm sure.

DARK
September 14, 2009, 04:20 PM
Awesome spoiler! I just want to see some pics because... well, I can't make many predicitions without pictures... Oda-sama (Because he is a master of storytelling of the highest order!!!) seems to make things happen in an awesome way, something that was in the background can be ridiculously important, like the fact that Luffy's boat happened to be on the wave that... oooooooh! Gives me goosebumps! I want to see what Garp will say about Sengoku giving the order to excute both his grandkids? I reckon he will be conflicted and try to save them!

I wonder why Croc is fighting Whitebeard? Bad Blood perhaps?

Settle down, settle down. No reason to fill the spoiler pages; I'm sure there's an Oda worship thread in here somewhere.
Crocodile is fighting Whitebeard simply because WB is all-powerful and is a target. Crocodile mentions earlier in the arc that there are plenty of people at Impel Down that want to kill WB, himself included.

Triake
September 14, 2009, 04:37 PM
Settle down, settle down. No reason to fill the spoiler pages; I'm sure there's an Oda worship thread in here somewhere.
Crocodile is fighting Whitebeard simply because WB is all-powerful and is a target. Crocodile mentions earlier in the arc that there are plenty of people at Impel Down that want to kill WB, himself included.

Well that could be true, just trying to show appreciation and say that since he put something in that was missed... it could happen again.

Good point, it wouldn't be the first time that characters have run afoul of each other. I'm sure it will be explained sooner or later and I doubt that Croc has any loyalty left to the World government after they imprisoned him, or could he be trying to get a pardon and his old position by taking out Whitebeard!!?!? Oooooh Oda-sama you fiend! Such brilliant storytelling!

Shadoguardian
September 14, 2009, 04:40 PM
I'm just wondering here, but did everybody stop fighting, just to stare at Luffy and co., because by the looks of things nobody's really moving. I mean did the world's most massive, most devastating war just pause because a bunch of prisoners fall from the sky?

PaLLl
September 14, 2009, 04:54 PM
I'm just wondering here, but did everybody stop fighting, just to stare at Luffy and co., because by the looks of things nobody's really moving. I mean did the world's most massive, most devastating war just pause because a bunch of prisoners fall from the sky?

Well how would you react .
You are killing marines/pirates..and suddenly a marine Battleship falls from the sky...ok it would be confusing a bit if it was empty...

But the damn ship falls from the sky with the prisoners who just gank the Unbreakable prison . Ashamed Magellan and collected most finest of all truly prisoners there can be...
they are not just rookies , all of them have the reputation to shock and make a common man to wet.

And all to that they have the rep. to focus on them in the middle of the war.

1. Crocodile - The Schib.
2. Jimbei - The Schib. + WB assistant
3. Ivankov - Revolutionary army
4. Buggy - (yeah load of crap) BUT Rogers crewmate
5. Monkey D. Luffy - Oh come on
- Destroyed Enies Lobby
- Kick Worlds Noble
- Is on of the 11 Novas
- Destroyed Impel Down + Chief kneel
- defeated 2 Schibs.
- Worlds wanted mans SON !

Gats
September 14, 2009, 05:01 PM
I can see Garp laughing like hell when Sengoku is complaining again about his grandson.

Djogmen
September 14, 2009, 05:06 PM
What is kuma reaction?
I hope he can 'summon' SH nakama..
And maybe Dragon too
:-D

Junior
September 14, 2009, 05:07 PM
I can see Garp laughing like hell like when Sengoku is complaining again about his grandson.

You see him..laughing?

We just got a taste of how sad Garp is that Ace and Luffy has followed the path of a Pirate. Not only that but he's obviously distraught that Ace's actions have led him into his current predicament.

Luffy showing up wouldn't make him laugh, I'd bet it probably make him even more depressed. 'Cause in this battle there is no "lol i'll let u go grandson". Garp is going to have to, if Sengoku calls for it, fight and apprehend Luffy. Then after that, after ALL Luffy has done, Ace AND Luffy are going to have to be executed.

It must suck to be Garp right now. He has to be conflicted on so many fronts that his mind must be..completely chaotic. D:

kangclaw
September 14, 2009, 05:21 PM
I like his entrance, how he is introduced to WB, also the People around the world get to see him in action and its all live on TV. :)
I liked how he met Whitebeard. We get to find out more about Croc's past?
Yes Luffy's priority is first rescue Ace, then fight. :)
I wonder how he will accomplish that? Especially with the Admirals in his way.
I thought that there was no way that luffy could defeat Crocodile when I found that Croc's previous bounty was B80,000,000 bellies and luffy was B30,000,000. Luffy was eventually able to defeat Croc.
I think Luffy would not get a chance to defeat an Admiral after entering NW, so if he ever needs to then it will have to be before leaving for the NW, right now is one of the chances. Luffy already proved twice that he is able to defeat Logia users. And frankly, Luffy seriously needs a powerup, before NW. I am not saying that it will be easy, but I would like to see Luffy fight one of the Admirals.

Personally I dont think you need Haki to defeat a logia user, as we have seen, it depends on the strength of the individual user.

I am assuming that Logia users are not the most powerful devilfruit users out there since they introduced mythical zoans, who seem to have the power of logia + zoan, example (Phoenix)? There may be other mythical zoans? Example Ice dragon, Light Unicorns?

Junior
September 14, 2009, 05:31 PM
Personally I dont think you need Haki to defeat a logia user, as we have seen, it depends on the strength of the individual user.

I am assuming that Logia users are not the most powerful devilfruit users out there since they introduced mythical zoans, who seem to have the power of logia + zoan, example (Phoenix)? There may be other mythical zoans? Example Ice dragon, Light Unicorns?

Name ONE instance where Haki wasn't used to physically touch a Logia outside of when there were OBVIOUS elemental disadvantages/advantages. If there is one and I missed it PLEASE educate me.

You have to have a solid foundation in Haki before you can even engage a Logia user and even land a blow, that's just how it is. Logia are not the "strongest" DF users but they're the ones that give people a lot of trouble.

You can be as strong as Whitebeard but if you can't channel your Haki into your fists, there's no point. You have to have a strong SPIRIT, IE Haki, in order to overcome their abilities.

Luffy will not be able to beat an Admiral until he fully understands his capabilities, PERIOD. I bet money on it.

I mean, there might be an instance where Ace is about to get killed and Luffy gets that retarded strength and starts lobbing off haki infused Jet Gatling in anger. But until that happens..I don't expect Luffy to beat any Logia user that he does not have elemental advantage over. Especially an Admiral.

DutchPhoenix
September 14, 2009, 05:33 PM
for those who say he destroyed impel down, last i recall he was running for his life... from someone called magalan? :facepalm

Anusnymous
September 14, 2009, 05:42 PM
for those who say he destroyed impel down, last i recall he was running for his life... from someone called magalan? :facepalm

Maybe ID itself isn't destroyed, but its reputation surely is. Luffy successfully infiltrated the best prison in the world and managed to escape with highly dangerous prisoners.

Junior
September 14, 2009, 05:55 PM

ID as in the actual FACILITY = Still In Tact

ID as in its REPUTATION = Shattered.

The only reason ID was so feared was because it was said to be impenetrable. Yet here we have Luffy, a ROOKIE pirate btw, breaking IN and OUT of ID. Not only did he break out he brought a gang of prisoners with him in the process.

Luffy DID destroy ID, imo. Without that reputation ID isn't what it used to be and probably never will be the same again.

bittman
September 14, 2009, 06:09 PM
Yeah, because I mean Impel Down is totally built on reputation alone. All the prisoners in there are like "Oh man, I better not try anything because it has such a good reputation. It's not the lava, heat, beasts, spikes, ice, thousands of guards or Magellan that scares me and keeps me in my cell, it's just the reputation"

ID doesn't need a reputation, it still works perfectly well as a jail. Magellan is still the strongest enemy Luffy has probably faced.

Anyway, spoiler looks good, but I don't feel like much really happened outside of Croc and Luffy's interaction with Whitebeard. Still, spoilers usually skip over things I find interesting like last chapter's copious amounts of Doflamingo which were hardly mentioned in the spoilers at all.

DARK
September 14, 2009, 06:10 PM

Considering how a boat is falling from the sky and creating some huge wave which everybody can notice... I'm sure those people wouldn't be too focused in battle enough to not notice something like that.

Junior
September 14, 2009, 06:16 PM
Yeah, because I mean Impel Down is totally built on reputation alone. All the prisoners in there are like "Oh man, I better not try anything because it has such a good reputation. It's not the lava, heat, beasts, spikes, ice, thousands of guards or Magellan that scares me and keeps me in my cell, it's just the reputation"

ID doesn't need a reputation, it still works perfectly well as a jail. Magellan is still the strongest enemy Luffy has probably faced.

Anyway, spoiler looks good, but I don't feel like much really happened outside of Croc and Luffy's interaction with Whitebeard. Still, spoilers usually skip over things I find interesting like last chapter's copious amounts of Doflamingo which were hardly mentioned in the spoilers at all.

..it was built on its reputation. Everything you SAID is its reputation.

1. Magellan
2. Spikes
3. Lava
4. etc

It was said to contain such horrors or w/e that NOBODY could escape it. So you just helped me prove my point. >___>

But since Luffy just swooped in and null'd that entire set up, its reputation is gone making it seem less formidable. Especially when some Rookie pirate comes in and breaks through.

Getting off topic, tho.

I guess all that was to say that if Luffy isn't highly respected after the end of this war, maaaan..I'unno. That means the Gov't has a great PR person.

Saorie Jaide
September 14, 2009, 07:01 PM
i do hope he gets some more fame from this. i wonder if it is too soon for him to have a higher bounty... but if you think about it he did just take down all three of the marine strongholds... or helped in some way. but normally there is a timelapse before another big bounty boost so who knows

Franckie
September 14, 2009, 07:14 PM
I hope this entire chapter isn't all talk and no action. If it is, then what a wasteful chapter.

elitefox
September 14, 2009, 07:19 PM
I hope this entire chapter isn't all talk and no action. If it is, then what a wasteful chapter.

I guess so, since they are still like :blink from what is coming from the sky:D

Its not a wasteful chapter, its humorous and still a good comedy and I can't wait for the precious looks in their faces :eyeroll

DARK
September 14, 2009, 07:21 PM

There is some action in it such as when Luffy stopped Crocodile from attacking Whitebeard. But yes, it was mostly a "talk" chapter. There has to be more out of 15 pages, right?

Saorie Jaide
September 14, 2009, 07:26 PM
i know some people hate it but sometimes there has to be talk. i mean... they did just fall out of the sky i'd stop and comment if i were there ^___^

Franckie
September 14, 2009, 07:40 PM
i know some people hate it but sometimes there has to be talk. i mean... they did just fall out of the sky i'd stop and comment if i were there ^___^

Because the "talk" sound like it could all have happened in one page?

elitefox
September 14, 2009, 08:39 PM
Because the "talk" sound like it could all have happened in one page?

Yup but how many characters are there to give their comments, I was surprise he is known by most of the higher up people....

now that he is being televise or something like that, his achievements will now be dig by the press... and now, and all the secrets that is luffy's achievements(e.g. defeating moria) will be expose.

and how many shadow moria took right, this is the time luffy will get to shine and rocket popularity, increasing his bounty maybe double than he has right now:blink

JC123
September 14, 2009, 10:01 PM
..it was built on its reputation. Everything you SAID is its reputation.

1. Magellan
2. Spikes
3. Lava
4. etc

It was said to contain such horrors or w/e that NOBODY could escape it. So you just helped me prove my point. >___>

But since Luffy just swooped in and null'd that entire set up, its reputation is gone making it seem less formidable. Especially when some Rookie pirate comes in and breaks through.

Getting off topic, tho.

I guess all that was to say that if Luffy isn't highly respected after the end of this war, maaaan..I'unno. That means the Gov't has a great PR person.

Correction. One man DID brave Impel Down and freed some people. I believe that was a legendary fishman who Jimbei knew.

Sure, you'll have to quell an uprising or two. But that's where Magellan comes into play. Reputation can be rebuilt. Just means Luffy better not go back anytime soon. ;)

elitefox
September 14, 2009, 10:03 PM
Correction. One man DID brave Impel Down and freed some people. I believe that was a legendary fishman who Jimbei knew.

Sure, you'll have to quell an uprising or two. But that's where Magellan comes into play. Reputation can be rebuilt. Just means Luffy better not go back anytime soon. ;)

as far as I remember it is not impel down, but some place like slave market or so

JC123
September 14, 2009, 10:27 PM
as far as I remember it is not impel down, but some place like slave market or so

Let me tell you the story of Airman Higgs...

Er.... Kinjishi. He escaped and (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/530/05/) for twenty years disappeared because the Marines messed up.

Fisher Tiger freed Boa. That was the slave market. :)

bittman
September 14, 2009, 10:32 PM

Re-correction: Fisher Tiger directly attacked the Tenryuubito and marines to free the slaves. I'm pretty sure the implication is that he stormed Marineford directly.

@ Junior: There is a difference between reputation and solid tangible fact. Magellan is a solid tangible part of Impel Down, even if you believe his reputation has been destroyed, Magellan will still steamroll everyone and the prisoners still know this.

Impel Down is a place pirates should fear, sure. But it's reputation taking a hit does not in any way equate to Luffy "destroying it". It will still work perfectly fine, possibly even better in fact, thanks to Luffy's assault.

Perhaps it's my interpretation of destruction, but my point is that for something to be destroyed it means it can no longer serve it's original function until it's repaired. Impel Down is still a jail, many people are still most definitely trapped inside and it's working fine save the loss of a front door. It still has a reputation which few would dare challenge.

A better description of Luffy's actions is "aiding and abetting the escape of captured criminals within Impel Down" rather than "destroying Impel Down". In my view, not even close to the same thing.

Wowzers
September 14, 2009, 10:37 PM
Actually, it was Mariejoa where the Tenryuubito live. Fisher Tiger scaled the red line and freed the slaves. You can read about it here. (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/521/15/)

I'll bet that when this is over, if WB actually survives this, he will want to fight Luffy because Luffy reminds him of Roger.

RichardMNixon
September 14, 2009, 10:37 PM
I'm really psyched about this chapter. For a while I was worried Luffy would just be the "ant in the hurricane" but he seems to be getting some respect here. Doflamingo and Akainu know who he is as well.

Luffy stopping Croc is pretty hardcore but I'd also have liked to see Whitebeard casually backhand (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/552/11/) him off the boat.

elitefox
September 14, 2009, 10:41 PM
Re-correction: Fisher Tiger directly attacked the Tenryuubito and marines to free the slaves. I'm pretty sure the implication is that he stormed Marineford directly.

@ Junior: There is a difference between reputation and solid tangible fact. Magellan is a solid tangible part of Impel Down, even if you believe his reputation has been destroyed, Magellan will still steamroll everyone and the prisoners still know this.

Impel Down is a place pirates should fear, sure. But it's reputation taking a hit does not in any way equate to Luffy "destroying it". It will still work perfectly fine, possibly even better in fact, thanks to Luffy's assault.

Perhaps it's my interpretation of destruction, but my point is that for something to be destroyed it means it can no longer serve it's original function until it's repaired. Impel Down is still a jail, many people are still most definitely trapped inside and it's working fine save the loss of a front door. It still has a reputation which few would dare challenge.

A better description of Luffy's actions is "aiding and abetting the escape of captured criminals within Impel Down" rather than "destroying Impel Down". In my view, not even close to the same thing.

Depends on the mass media and gossips though, it can turn out big as big as the mass media broadcast it

Ex-Shadow
September 14, 2009, 11:51 PM
Can't wait any longer to see their expression when they see a great number of prisoner from ID, when will it come out? I mean the raws.....

bittman
September 14, 2009, 11:56 PM
RAWs won't be about until Thursday/Friday usually, most likely Thursday given we've waited two weeks and the early appearance of the spoilers.

I'd only be happy with a full script or all pics at this stage. I've got a feeling that what will make this chapter is the stuff spoiler writers missed out on (namely more details about anyone who's name isn't Luffy or Whitebeard).

First spoiler pictures will probably be Luffy talking to Whitebeard, or stopping Croc.

So all in all: what am I looking forward to in this chapter? The things everyone else misses...and Crocodile actually. Who knows what he'll attack next?

chitgoks
September 15, 2009, 12:06 AM
wow! great chapter. though it was just all talk. the last page ends with another cliffhanger, though not surprising.

elitefox
September 15, 2009, 12:10 AM
wow! great chapter. though it was just all talk. the last page ends with another cliffhanger, though not surprising.

That what makes people craving for one piece more :D

this series should be renamed "another piece" please :facepalm

Shadoguardian
September 15, 2009, 12:19 AM
Chances are Luffy wll initially face up with Kizaru, but realising that he can't hit him he'll start running away. He'll focus on getting to Ace, and at some point somebody will intercept Kizaru (possibly Marco). Chances are at this point Moria will block his path. Luffy will face him briefly before Jimbei joins in. He'll hold of Moria while Luffy runs towards Ace. He'll then be intercepted by Akainu, whom manages to hold him of. The Marines then start preperations to execute Ace. However at the last moment Luffy will either (A)evade Akainu and break down the execution platform; (B)get past Akainu and knock out the executioners; or (C)being unable to get past Akainu, he knock out the executioners unknowingly with his haki.

NoLimit89
September 15, 2009, 12:54 AM
Impel down is destroyed. They can certainly rebuild it but as for now, it remains destroyed.

I mean look at it:

1) they took out all the guards (with the exception of Megallan)
2) they crashed all the floors and bridges during fights (e.g. sphinx falling down multiple floors and literally destroying the grounds they walked on)
3) they freed most of the prisoners (what's a prison without prisoners?)
4) Iva(wink guy) and the scissors guy cut up all the floors and messed it up in order to delay Megallan.
5) looking at the last few chapters where Luffy and co escaped onto the whales, in order to try and capture Luffy, Megallan used his ultimate ability which corroded all the walls and doors of impel down.
just take a look at this page:
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/547/16-17/
6) and finally, they destroyed its reputation.

come on, yes it's not like total destruction like Buster Call, but it is enough.

JC123
September 15, 2009, 01:36 AM

I dunno if this was to me or someone else since I was saying the same thing with more emphasis on the escaped convict and not necessarily Boa's enslavement...

Black Lagoon
September 15, 2009, 01:40 AM
We know that admirals are strong but we have no idea how much blows they can take. What makes them among the strongest men in the world are their logia powers and how much combat they have seen and experienced. Still if your able to hit them they can't fight the same way . If Luffy controls his Haki, he'll able to hit them and that would have a great impact on how the logia admirals fight.
what I mean is they aren't experienced with physical attacks cuz only few can use Haki, so I guess it's gonna be something new for them, like if you put a Flintstones in our era...

CybordFFF
September 15, 2009, 02:25 AM
COOL
THE ATTITUDE OF LUFFY TO WB
ODA U ARE AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!
wish there will be some mad fight in next chapters

CP10
September 15, 2009, 02:29 AM
luffy gonna use his haki for sure
Might be some kind of haki that so incredible that can make most of the marine lost consciousness.
Dragon will come and f those marine up HELL YEAH~~~~~~~~~

Black Lagoon
September 15, 2009, 02:50 AM
I don't care about the weakest marines, if they bother too much, someone will shut their f**king mouths...
I guess Moria is pissing his pants in pure terror (after Luffy) :XD

gold349
September 15, 2009, 04:07 AM
pics would be great now.

another thing both yonkou's have bets on other than themselves to make PK, its something known but I've never read mentioned, It'd be also equally good for them both to see there bets mature although wb has high chance to fall story wise.

ScorpionGR
September 15, 2009, 04:34 AM
crocodile attack stopped by luffy and i think we gonna find out the story of mr. croco because he told to whitebeard long time no see... and it's time to find out him little secret from iva .. anyway mr. 1 is in the gang .... ?

igosuki
September 15, 2009, 04:41 AM
what you mean the fact that he was a woman in the new world and got his arm and a scar from fighting wb and then was made a man by miracle Ivankov ??? !!! haha

ScorpionGR
September 15, 2009, 04:56 AM
hahah very cool .... or maybe when crocodile was woman she had boyfriend whitebeard and one day he found whitebeard with another woman on bed and then she started on revenge against whitebeard .... so she started to look for ivan to become a man .... looooooool ..

after this chapter we gonna see a move from garp first ace and now luffy .... for sure he is gonna do something to stop the admirals from attacking luffy .... and i still think kuma and garp are working together .....

moonueki21
September 15, 2009, 04:57 AM
luffy could definitely fight all of the admirals if he could master houshoku haki...

gesgift
September 15, 2009, 05:03 AM
The chapter looks awesome, pure Luffyness! And we've got new from Brook, hurrah!

LDSaint
September 15, 2009, 06:00 AM
I wouldn't be so certain that Luffy won't be able to fight them yet, it didn't take him very long to come up with a way to beat Rob Lucci, who absolutely annihilated him.

yeah true but unlike Rob lucci, luffy cnt actually physically touch the admirals and that something BIG that he has to overcome. cause with lucci he really had to catch up with his speed and strength but with the admirals theres all that and more to overcome so i cnt see luffy beating an admiral anytime soon unless he has some control over haki but i woudnt really like it since he hasnt really been tought how to use it yet, and he isnt in a life or death situation. but then again if he does use haki Oda will use some epic way to show us how he is able to
[hr]

What is kuma reaction?
I hope he can 'summon' SH nakama..
And maybe Dragon too
:-D

ohh i reakon that would be awsome if maybe like 3 days earlier kuma "repeled/teleported" the revoltionary army to MHQ so theyll arrive half way thgouh the war... it would be sorta like luffy;'s entrace except all these paw prints landing on the ground and this whole army emerging from the dust ahhh that would be epic but not likely... ahh 1 can dream

BlackHair
September 15, 2009, 06:11 AM
luffy could definitely fight all of the admirals if he could master houshoku haki...I agree. That is the needed last step to fight high tier evenly.

DutchPhoenix
September 15, 2009, 06:12 AM
ID as in the actual FACILITY = Still In Tact

ID as in its REPUTATION = Shattered.

The only reason ID was so feared was because it was said to be impenetrable. Yet here we have Luffy, a ROOKIE pirate btw, breaking IN and OUT of ID. Not only did he break out he brought a gang of prisoners with him in the process.

Luffy DID destroy ID, imo. Without that reputation ID isn't what it used to be and probably never will be the same again.

im pretty sure it was boa who infiltrated for him, and im pretty sure it was iva who saved his ass.
so yea , all luffy did was getting his ass pwned by maggalan, defeating hanibal and running around away from maggalan after iva saved his life.

BlackHair
September 15, 2009, 06:24 AM
That is true Dutch. Nevertheless the successful breakout is thanks to Captain Buggy and Luffy, according to the WG. So there will be a bounty rise for those two, for sure. It is all about credit.

deffkryz
September 15, 2009, 06:42 AM
im pretty sure it was boa who infiltrated for him, and im pretty sure it was iva who saved his ass.
so yea , all luffy did was getting his ass pwned by maggalan, defeating hanibal and running around away from maggalan after iva saved his life.

But who made Hancock, Iva-san, Bentham, Inazuma, Crocodile, and whoever follows and helped Luffy do that what they did for him? No - not that muggy Buggy. And actually, Luffy never defeated Hannyabal.

Back2topic:
I would have expected Iva-san to have used a Hell Wink as Coup de Bust or maybe Jinbei to throw the whole ship and then jump back on it somehow (as it is seen in crappy US cartoons - but way cooler of course :P) - but damn it, Oda... Being caught in both Whitebeard's and Aokiji's attacks - LOL. Great stuff again, YMMW.

hamad138
September 15, 2009, 07:09 AM
i hope that Megallen dont come if he comes Ruffys gonna Die :bored

Benjamin Kaito
September 15, 2009, 07:56 AM
No more news about BB. A shame...still Luffy is finally there and already causing havoc.

Yans86
September 15, 2009, 08:00 AM
Kizaru will try to attack.......
Boa step in: You can't mess with my man.......INSTANT PWNAGE!!!!
Kizaru:doh....

Everyone: Don't mess with Zoan....Boan......Boa,Sorry :-P

plex
September 15, 2009, 08:13 AM
Don't forget about Blackbeard, I think he will play a major role in the war and I assume that he'll be the one taking out Whitebeard (or at least cause a perilous injury to WB/one of his commanders)

epiczeroxxi
September 15, 2009, 08:39 AM
It will be an epic chapter.Luffy arguing with whitebeard...And all the marines paying attention to him...epic!!!!!!!!!!!!
I believe Blackbeard will stop the War somehow...

maaghms
September 15, 2009, 09:02 AM
It is refreshing to see Luffy's straight-forward personality when talking with Whitebeard. However, assuming the spoilers have been accurately translated, there was some mention about Luffy saying that he wants to save Ace in his own way and he apparently does not want Whitebeard to interfere. But I think Luffy is very selfish in this case because he is putting his ego before his brother's life. Or does he really think he (and the people who fell down with him) could take on all the marines, Shushibukai, the 3 admirals and the chief admiral? Let's face it, he (and all his Stawhat crew) were pushed to their limits merely by fighting one Pacisfista. Let's not forget that Kuma defeated the same Pacisfista with just a single blow.

For people who think that Luffy has defeated two Shushibukai, come on, let's not kid ourselves. Crocodile practically killed hin in the desert and defeated him another time in the palace. Even if Luffy defeated him during their third fight, it would be 2 win Vs. 1 win, wouldn't it? Regarding Moria, everybody can see what happened when Luffy tried to fight Moria alone in the beginning. He could not even touch him. With Oars, firstly, Moria was not even directly fighting. Secondly, the fight went something like this: Moria Vs. Luffy + all his crew + all Lola's pirates (when they collected and gave Luffy shadows).

Luffy has a lot of potential in the future but right now, before he learns to control Haki, let's face it, his strength does not even register in the power balance in this war. He has to learn to suppress his huge ego and rely on other people if he REALLY wants to save Ace.

deffkryz
September 15, 2009, 09:06 AM
Blackbeard... Blackbeard... Blackbeard... :eyeroll

I can understand that you're excited about him, but right now there isn't any way he'll be in the war now. Why?

BB & Crew left the proposed place of this event a day before the fight began making Sengoku's face like this as smilie comic:
:bored:confused::notrust:oh:blink:s:eek::jawdrop
BB & Crew have just recovered once Luffy and the jail breakers were about to pass the Gates of Justice having traveled for quite some hours
BB & Crew have actually to get out of ID, find a ship and finally get away. Magellan seemed exhausted but he still is a capable user of his DF powers
The marines are trying to kill Ace ahead of schedule.

So he won't show up within the next 10 or 15 chapters - I guess that's how long they need to get Ace free or we gonna see him die. And then we can discuss about whether or not we can forget about him or not. Right now he doesn't seem to be on the top-priority list of characters Oda wants to present to us in this war.

BB may give WB the final blow but - actually I believe he never thought of taking place in this showdown at Marineford. Why'd he take the risk of being crushed by the whole Whitebeard Pirates?

For people who think that Luffy has defeated two Shushibukai, come on, let's not kid ourselves. Crocodile practically killed hin in the desert and defeated him another time in the palace. Even if Luffy defeated him during their third fight, it would be 2 win Vs. 1 win, wouldn't it?

In the end, Luffy won and shattered their dreams - the final bill counts. And the only enemy he took down all on his own was... well ... erm ... he actually has always been saved and helped by some of his nakama.

JC123
September 15, 2009, 09:40 AM
It is refreshing to see Luffy's straight-forward personality when talking with Whitebeard. However, assuming the spoilers have been accurately translated, there was some mention about Luffy saying that he wants to save Ace in his own way and he apparently does not want Whitebeard to interfere. But I think Luffy is very selfish in this case because he is putting his ego before his brother's life. Or does he really think he (and the people who fell down with him) could take on all the marines, Shushibukai, the 3 admirals and the chief admiral? Let's face it, he (and all his Stawhat crew) were pushed to their limits merely by fighting one Pacisfista. Let's not forget that Kuma defeated the same Pacisfista with just a single blow.

For people who think that Luffy has defeated two Shushibukai, come on, let's not kid ourselves. Crocodile practically killed hin in the desert and defeated him another time in the palace. Even if Luffy defeated him during their third fight, it would be 2 win Vs. 1 win, wouldn't it? Regarding Moria, everybody can see what happened when Luffy tried to fight Moria alone in the beginning. He could not even touch him. With Oars, firstly, Moria was not even directly fighting. Secondly, the fight went something like this: Moria Vs. Luffy + all his crew + all Lola's pirates (when they collected and gave Luffy shadows).

Luffy has a lot of potential in the future but right now, before he learns to control Haki, let's face it, his strength does not even register in the power balance in this war. He has to learn to suppress his huge ego and rely on other people if he REALLY wants to save Ace.

Let's remember that it wasn't just Luffy fighting Moria. Crocodile was an arrogant prick that decided to allow Luffy to live. He may have poisoned him, as well as drained all of the moisture from Luffy. But it was the fact that Luffy kept coming back until he won is the main reason Croc lost.

Moria has always been arrogant and selfish, believing that you don't need crewmembers if you have zombies. A stupid if false impression to give.

What you're asking is that Luffy forgets what has characterized him for so long. It's not overconfidence (ie ego) if he's set up for his goal and will follow through on it to death. He may talk to WB in a simplistic manner but I doubt highly it's because of his ego.

Saorie Jaide
September 15, 2009, 09:47 AM
Also I don't think Luffy is rejecting WBs help. I think he is just saying that he wants to help save Ace any way he can and he was prolly pissed that WB told him to stay out of the way. That's kinda like an insult to Luffy. Like saying your just some stupid rookie stand back. And back to the whole ID thing. I mean Hankcock wouldn't have infiltrated Luffy in if he hadn't asked her. And sure he had help but nobody would have done anything if he hadn't asked or made them... or they wouldn't have been able to get out if it hadn't been for him breaking in and letting a lot out. I think he still deserves a lot of credit for not only sheer dumb luck but the audacity it had to take to break in and out of the place for just one person.

DutchPhoenix
September 15, 2009, 09:48 AM
he took down lucci by his own

Saorie Jaide
September 15, 2009, 09:51 AM
I hope Moria runs away from Luffy in the next chapter... that would be just so dang funny...

Alchemist-R2
September 15, 2009, 10:09 AM
I hope Moria runs away from Luffy in the next chapter... that would be just so dang funny...
moria probably wants revenge on luffy, for what he did in trillerbark. so i dont think he will run away.

toxun
September 15, 2009, 10:25 AM
Well, so the person who will be faced by Luffy for the first time is Moria, who had revenge intent toward him. I wonder how they'll battle

Shirahama
September 15, 2009, 10:49 AM
Well, so the person who will be faced by Luffy for the first time is Moria, who had revenge intent toward him. I wonder how they'll battle

I hope that they won’t have real fight. They already fought once and it will be kind of be boring if they will fight again even though there are so many great opponents for Luffy. Although it would be great if Luffy could show his strength by defeating Moria with just one strike.

godofthesunn
September 15, 2009, 11:01 AM
I hope that they won’t have real fight. They already fought once and it will be kind of be boring if they will fight again even though there are so many great opponents for Luffy. Although it would be great if Luffy could show his strength by defeating Moria with just one strike.

While it would be great to see luffy take down moria with one strike. I'm not so sure Luffy has done that much upgrading since his fight with moria. Unless he can control his haki which he cant. Only if luffy learns how to use his haki and already immense physical strength will he be a tru.y fearsom pirate, and that seems like it will take about 100 more chapters or so for him to get there.

Yans86
September 15, 2009, 11:03 AM
.............actually Moria shouldn't know Luffy........or at least,only the Shichi and few higher ups knows that Luffy beat Moria.......if this gets out is going to be even a biger.....WOW!!!

Shirahama
September 15, 2009, 11:18 AM
While it would be great to see luffy take down moria with one strike. I'm not so sure Luffy has done that much upgrading since his fight with moria. Unless he can control his haki which he cant. Only if luffy learns how to use his haki and already immense physical strength will he be a tru.y fearsom pirate, and that seems like it will take about 100 more chapters or so for him to get there.

Physically Moria is rather weak. His devil fruit is his main weapon and shield. If Luffy gets angry enough he to release his Haki than he could truly take him out with just one shot. That would be truly great picture. Luffy takes out Moria and defeats all small flies with just his Haki and than proclaims himself being future pirate king.

chess4
September 15, 2009, 12:04 PM
the pic of luffy and whitebeard looks great. the ole boy luffy is about to shine

SenninSage
September 15, 2009, 12:12 PM
Luffy looks like one of WhiteBeard's most badass commanders or something. Dare I say, it would almost seem like Luffy is the very hardcore Captain, and WhiteBeard is one of his incredibly powerful followers. :)

Superman
September 15, 2009, 12:42 PM
The cover story is confirming my speculations. Apoo and those religous guys are on one land or town.
Anyways i think its so cool how confident Luffy is next to Whitebeard its like WOW. It looks like here is a new gear comming but it has no number it is just called Gear Rage! Luffy your the man so kick their asses - even thought i think after the rage you will be safed by your "hot" chick. Dude iam not always romantic (most of the time just horny:D) but i hope they kiss and she falls unconscious so Luffy can rape her i mean care for her *cough, cough* ! Oda has to show us such a scene.
Oh and Doflamingo is such a cool badass but thats also the problem. The coolest fight would be Doflamingo against Inazuma and Buggy:D:D!!!

Black Lagoon
September 15, 2009, 12:42 PM
Holy s**t!! the pic are amazing
everyone with WTF faces ... this is what I like the most, Helmeppo and Coby's eyes ... :XD
Luffy one step ahead of WB and seems ready to kick some a$$
Kuma : .....

Dark_Pirate_King
September 15, 2009, 12:57 PM
because this chapter is gonna be the most epic thing i can't even be angry about the delay....OMG luffy and WB side by side ready to kick some ass :D:D:D:D:D:D

ALL HEIL ODA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!just forget about bleach and naruto

chess4
September 15, 2009, 01:00 PM
because this chapter is gonna be the most epic thing i can't even be angry about the delay....OMG luffy and WB side by side ready to kick some ass :D:D:D:D:D:D

ALL HEIL ODA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!just forget about bleach and naruto

naruto is still the best....................but anyway luffy and whitebeard look awesome beside each other. the pirates defintely have the advantage.

i wonder whats up with brooks cover story

Lee-tyme7
September 15, 2009, 01:04 PM
I wonder if Boa Hancock will pretend to fight Luffy now that he has shown up? Wouldn't it be crazy if hancock use here merow merow power on Luffy already knowing it doesn't effect him to try and scare off the lower class marine. That would open a way through to Ace much faster and it'll show all the marines and admiral just how strong Luffy really is. LOL!!

Rotten The Wizard
September 15, 2009, 01:08 PM
naruto is still the best....................but anyway luffy and whitebeard look awesome beside each other. the pirates defintely have the advantage.

leave this section and never come back.....seriously

Luffy standing side by side with whitebeard and talking on equal level with him: EPICCCCCC

Incase you havent registered this yet, Luffy is about to fight alongside the STRONGEST man in the world.
If luffy is going to get a powerboost its going to be now. He's bound to pick up a few tricks from whitebeard like he did cp9

LETS GET IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

igosuki
September 15, 2009, 01:09 PM
ZOMG BROOK IS GOING TO HAVE THE SAME POWER AS THE DJ GUY !!!!! THE ISLAND HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH POORNESS AT ALL BUT IT IS THE LAND WHERE THE MUSIC CAPTAIN DUDE WAS BORN HAHAHAAAAA

The2nd
September 15, 2009, 01:34 PM
I just saw the picture of Luffy besides WB, I feel like this is another one of those chapters where we will get the chills, just because this is going to be so awesome. Nothing beats One Piece and only OP can have these awesome moments.

sarutobi_sensei
September 15, 2009, 01:37 PM
ZOMG Luffy standing next to WB and ready to rock! OMG

*faints*

c0nflikt
September 15, 2009, 01:46 PM

What?

http://randazza.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/facepalm.jpg

I hope luffy does get a powerboost off WB like cp9, that would be the most epic, luffy is like the best manga character ever, and brook cover story WOOT!

SilversDKRayleigh
September 15, 2009, 01:55 PM
The more I see of this chapter the more I want to read the whole thing. I also can't wait to read everyone's reactions, and I am wondering what Garp is going to do now.

PaLLl
September 15, 2009, 01:58 PM
:D

Garp is Insanely MAD !
I think he's gonna yell like hell :D

Maaaaan Oda. You still keep us excited and you surely are N1.

obamamania
September 15, 2009, 02:04 PM
Lol Garp is going to have a stroke next chapter lol, especially after he finds out what Luffy did at Impel Down. And god...that last page with Luffy ready to fight next to Whitebeard...good god that's awesome, the rest of the crew would be freaking the hell out if they knew what was happening.

BlackHair
September 15, 2009, 02:07 PM
This Chapter.. damn it, I didn't expected Luffy so close to WB. Garp and Sengoke damnit, those two are the best facial-expression-duo. btw Nice to see Smoker again.

It's insane, I want the damn chapter. I guess tomorrow, since the pics are already out. 24h, np I gone wait..

deffkryz
September 15, 2009, 02:09 PM
Erm.... Luffy goes Gear 2 to stop Crocodile? Desperate Garp? Clown-like Moria? Kuma almost face-faulting?! ;)

First meeting of Luffy and Whitebeard is much more awesome than I've expected. I tried to calm down but... :)

OMG! I'm almost crying!

UOOOO~~~~O!

Ah... Hahaha, sorry.

BlackHair
September 15, 2009, 02:21 PM
After a second look at the pics. Appeartnly WB gives a damn about Crocodile. Seriously I want to see WB in serioud mode. I guess Garp and Sengoku are the only one capable of fighting him evenly (=Assumption!)
[hr]

naruto is still the best...................
Kishi turned Itachi in a good guy also he turned Pain in a good one. Both were perfects villains, until their end. That was an Epic failure! Not to mention Kishi copied Shenlong's move (resurrection) from Dragonball. Also for some reason his protagonist is always crying and apparently he is gay (> Sasuke).

Seriously u are comparing a masterpiece with a predictable story.

gold349
September 15, 2009, 02:25 PM
leave this section and never come back.....seriously

Luffy standing side by side with whitebeard and talking on equal level with him: EPICCCCCC

Incase you havent registered this yet, Luffy is about to fight alongside the STRONGEST man in the world.
If luffy is going to get a powerboost its going to be now. He's bound to pick up a few tricks from whitebeard like he did cp9

LETS GET IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I second that, Luffy protecting WB back was great.

anyway I also think hancock will turn in battle and I think its going to be quick...I could see her becoming an outright defector...Luffy as strong as he is isn't strong enough to defend against admirals and shishi wanting his head straight away...hancock with her kings disposition haki IMO will have to give Luffy a quick lesson in it.

Shiro-kun
September 15, 2009, 02:51 PM
This One Piece Chapter looks epic :) ( the epicness just keeps on growing lol)
i cant wait for the full chapter to come out

(are the Naruto comments really neccesary? :| )

DARK
September 15, 2009, 02:54 PM
There is no place for Naruto on a One Piece thread. There's really no need for flame wars.

Pic-wise, the chapter looks more epic than I thought. Luffy just stopped him with his leg (thought it was his arm). We got to see some cameo of Smoker, which, while not fulfilling in any way, it's always refreshing to have new content in this chapter.

ZOMG BROOK IS GOING TO HAVE THE SAME POWER AS THE DJ GUY !!!!! THE ISLAND HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH POORNESS AT ALL BUT IT IS THE LAND WHERE THE MUSIC CAPTAIN DUDE WAS BORN HAHAHAAAAA

There's no real indication that they're training. Brook will not have the same power as Scratchman Apoo. Apoo likely has a DF power and Brook already ate a DF (albeit a very useless one). Perhaps he'll innovate his sword style to be more akin to music, but he will never obtain Apoo's powers.
The cover stories just show a little bit of what they're doing. It does not mean they will get uber strong during that time.

Kuranzyan
September 15, 2009, 03:13 PM
Brook's Arrow Notch strike is pretty powerful in itself, but it's nowhere near the level of Zoro's techniques. He's a "Strawhat Rookie" so he's not as powerful as most of the crew, but there's room for him to improve. Not that he really needs it though.

BlkHorus
September 15, 2009, 03:13 PM
Luffy alongside Whitebeard is seriously epic!:jawdrop The whole world is now going to know the face of Luffy even more without his crew. The SH crew is seriously about to get a HUGE boost in rep and as targets since the captain is seen at the war of all wars along the side the strongest guy in the world and arguing. Even more, he is standing next to him as though he is his equal! Not even WB's commanders stand next him - only behind him. And to top it, Luffy stops an attack on WB saying that if you want to fight the pirate king, then it is me that you should fight since he says that he will be it. What more do you want from a guy. Forget the strongest guy at the moment, even after everything thus far, Luffy still sees himself as the one to be the pirate king and stronger than any other going for the title. This was well worth the wait!

Stop the flaming, all of you

DARK
September 15, 2009, 03:17 PM
I wonder if Boa Hancock will pretend to fight Luffy now that he has shown up?

Most likely- Boa still has obligations to them. If she betrays the World Government, she'll be imprisoned and her island will be attacked.
As for keeping her secret, Luffy can either spout out that Boa Hancock is his "nakama" or will keep her secret out of honor (as was in Amazon Lily).

Kuranzyan
September 15, 2009, 03:30 PM
He will keep Hancock's past secret though. His helpful attitude towards Sandersonia during the fight in the arena at Amazon Lily proves just that. Then again, he might blurt it out like the dimwit he is, like he did with the fact that Ace actually isn't related to him by blood.

BlkHorus
September 15, 2009, 03:31 PM
Boa will more than likely continue to battle as she has been with attacking both Marine and pirate since they are men. As for the luffy part though, I doubt Luffy will pull her into it since he knows that the government is watching and regardless of anything else they would probably make the connection between the two of them if he pulls her to his side. I mean the marines will be smart enough to realize that she wanted to stop there to see Ace before the war and luffy just broke in and out. Then to top it off she fights on his side now. So Luffy is smarter than that and won't allow her to help him.

And she is smart enough to not do that either...atleast not outright. She will continue to fight the way she has been that will be enough

chess4
September 15, 2009, 03:31 PM
seems like we get to see garp in this chapter. i hope we get to see him in action soon. also seems like even marco and whitebeard have a little respect for luffy. luffy has just put a big target on his back, and i hope the whitebeards watch his back cause if they dont, the ole boy luffy is srewed

Superman
September 15, 2009, 03:41 PM
Now that Luffy is there Hancock is pretty much way more motivated i think. :D:D:D

zozo96
September 15, 2009, 03:49 PM
This chapter looks seriously great! All of our predictions are like fireflies in front of Oda's sun. Just how far can his imagination and creativity go?

The entrance of Luffy and co is highlighted in this chapter. Well, it's all about Luffy. After several chapters being put aside, Luffy returns as the true main-protagonist of the story! He received, especially from all the big shots, plenty comments of admiration. For me, it even seems a little over-exaggerated. News travel faster than the wind. They must have heard about Luffy's actions, especially in EL and ID. They haven't heard and most likely will never hear the details. As readers, we all know that Luffy almost died in ID. Heck, Maggelan owned Luffy several times! But, the crowd in MH doesn't know it. This wide acknowledgment will be a new turning point of Luffy's journey to become the PK. I hope Oda will continue to show Luffy as a pirate who lives up to his reputation.

Lol, Jango and Fullbody are there! And Smoker really is a front-liner man. He was there all the time.

Ustegius
September 15, 2009, 03:51 PM
Hah, I got it right soooo long ago. That Brook meets the Longarms, and probaply learns some music stuff. It was pretty obvious really.

But seeing Luffy next to WB like that is so damn EPIC! That word loses it's meaning with One Piece. We must invent a new word that is even higher, so it can be used to the biggest OP events, as for lately 'epicness' has been a stantard in One Piece chapters.

Now the action can really start :)

BetaRuler
September 15, 2009, 03:56 PM
The thing with Moria may be that last time, he wasn't trying to kill Luffy, he would have been simply trying to supress Luffy, plus he got hit by a super version of Luffy with all those shadows inside him, after taking those huge hits Moria could barely stay awake. If he fought Luffy now he would just try to kill Luffy.

Btw, could I forward a notion that the 'narutard' comments be edited out of this thread? Their rather lacking in grace and don't really deserve any mention in this thread.

chess4
September 15, 2009, 04:11 PM
Hah, I got it right soooo long ago. That Brook meets the Longarms, and probaply learns some music stuff. It was pretty obvious really.
But seeing Luffy next to WB like that is so damn EPIC! That word loses it's meaning with One Piece. We must invent a new word that is even higher, so it can be used to the biggest OP events, as for lately 'epicness' has been a stantard in One Piece chapters.

Now the action can really start :)

yea that makes good sense.......................so it seems we may get to see brooks and zoro's cover story animated as well. hopefully the ole boy brook gets a good powerup yohohohohohoo

DARK
September 15, 2009, 04:18 PM
yea that makes good sense.......................so it seems we may get to see brooks and zoro's cover story animated as well. hopefully the ole boy brook gets a good powerup yohohohohohoo

That's somewhat likely for now, but considering how Zoro and Brooke generally had more chapter space than the others, I'll leave it at a post. I was surprised that the Longarm Tribe lived on that island. Who would have guessed that happy-go-lucky Apoo came from such a depressing and dark, even sacrificial, island?

rocker_tr
September 15, 2009, 05:25 PM
language : Turkish

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/640/76003316.jpg

http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/6164/77431201.jpg

http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/8756/96527461.jpg

Mythsoul
September 15, 2009, 05:53 PM
this is gonna be one amazing chapter....hehehe....finally all the top names are giving luffy props for all his accomplishments ......in one way or another....and the look on Handcock is priceless.hehehe....she's gonna fight for Luffy now.hehehe

SenninSage
September 15, 2009, 05:53 PM
Wow, the level of awesome in this chapter is beyond worlds.

And to think, people thought Luffy wouldn't participate in this war!

I just love how casually Luffy says "So this is White Beard.. well then I won't let you lay a hand on him, Ace likes this old man"

It's just too awesome. Too awesome.

Hancock is about to switch sides baby :D

Shadoguardian
September 15, 2009, 06:00 PM
Haha! This is seriously awesome, however I want to see the pages where Whitebeard and Luffy start arguing. That'll be so sweet. This chapter shows that you don't need loads of double-pages to make a chapter great.

Raijū
September 15, 2009, 06:09 PM
Man, the long-arms in the cover story look like some bad motherf***as kidnaping the girl Brook wanted to see her pants

igosuki
September 15, 2009, 06:35 PM
There is no place for Naruto on a One Piece thread. There's really no need for flame wars.

Pic-wise, the chapter looks more epic than I thought. Luffy just stopped him with his leg (thought it was his arm). We got to see some cameo of Smoker, which, while not fulfilling in any way, it's always refreshing to have new content in this chapter.

There's no real indication that they're training. Brook will not have the same power as Scratchman Apoo. Apoo likely has a DF power and Brook already ate a DF (albeit a very useless one). Perhaps he'll innovate his sword style to be more akin to music, but he will never obtain Apoo's powers.
The cover stories just show a little bit of what they're doing. It does not mean they will get uber strong during that time.

It just seemed logical to me that since everybody is supposedely getting a power up brook would learn how to make a weapon out of music ;)

DARK
September 15, 2009, 06:39 PM
Wow, the level of awesome in this chapter is beyond worlds.

And to think, people thought Luffy wouldn't participate in this war!

I just love how casually Luffy says "So this is White Beard.. well then I won't let you lay a hand on him, Ace likes this old man"

It's just too awesome. Too awesome.

Hancock is about to switch sides baby :D

It was epic that Luffy was saying that he would be Pirate King in FRONT of Whitebeard, somebody even Sengoku fears ("the man that can destroy the entire world.")
There is no real confirmation that Hancock will switch sides right now- if she does, then she will be branded as a traitor, have her Shichibukai title revoked, and all of her people will be attacked. As much as she hates them, she still has obligations to the World Government.

sarutobi_sensei
September 15, 2009, 06:41 PM
He already does xD He makes people fall asleep with his Violin
[hr]
She doesn't care xD She'll just switch sides and don't forget that the people of Amazon Lily are strong. In the state that the WG will be right after this war, I doubt it'll have the strength to attack Amazon Lily, no, any country.

igosuki
September 15, 2009, 06:44 PM
He already does xD He makes people fall asleep with his Violin
<hr noshade size="1">
She doesn't care xD She'll just switch sides and don't forget that the people of Amazon Lily are strong. In the state that the WG will be right after this war, I doubt it'll have the strength to attack Amazon Lily, no, any country.

Yeah but that's weak bs , i'm talking about real abilities here :)

Raijū
September 15, 2009, 06:58 PM
It was epic that Luffy was saying that he would be Pirate King in FRONT of Whitebeard, somebody even Sengoku fears ("the man that can destroy the entire world.")
There is no real confirmation that Hancock will switch sides right now- if she does, then she will be branded as a traitor, have her Shichibukai title revoked, and all of her people will be attacked. As much as she hates them, she still has obligations to the World Government.

That could make Amazon Lily the first island to be protected by the name of Luffy like what's happen at Fishman island with Shirohige.

Roarchu
September 15, 2009, 07:01 PM
hey I think maybe Luffy will make all the shichibukai will turn against the WG now

Boa - loves Luffy

Doflamingo - Luffy will make him think that the new era will be more interesting it there's more pirates like him. WG will just make things boring

Kuma - apparently he's a good guy, this is a good chance

Mihawk - His promise to fight Zoro

Moria - ok, maybe he won't

sarutobi_sensei
September 15, 2009, 07:15 PM
That could make Amazon Lily the first island to be protected by the name of Luffy like what's happen at Fishman island with Shirohige.

That would be sick and EPIC XD

hey I think maybe Luffy will make all the shichibukai will turn against the WG now

Boa - loves Luffy

Doflamingo - Luffy will make him think that the new era will be more interesting it there's more pirates like him. WG will just make things boring

Hmm, Mihawk's already said that he holds no interest in the shichibukai meetings and stuff like that. I think he's just on that so that he can find good opponents, like he did with Zoro. Remember, he only came out of the Grand Line to kill Don Krieg because he disturbed his nap xD

Moria, well he can just leave if he feels like it, after stealing some shadows x)

DoFlamingo, meh he's nuts so why not xD

Shadoguardian
September 15, 2009, 07:19 PM

Boa - loves Luffy

All the Schichibukai? That's pushing it. The only one who wants to see Luffy dead is Moria. I'm guessing Donflamingo will want to test Luffy out, since he's the only one who hasn't faced him yet.

If Hancock betrays the Marines to help Luffy I'm pretty sure she won't do it openly. If she does, it doesn't matter how strong the defence and citizens of Amazon Lily are, they'll all be creamed by the Buster Call. The only way for both she and her country will survive if they openly betray WG is if they hook up with the Revolutionary's.

elitefox
September 15, 2009, 07:34 PM
I wonder if Boa Hancock will pretend to fight Luffy now that he has shown up? Wouldn't it be crazy if hancock use here merow merow power on Luffy already knowing it doesn't effect him to try and scare off the lower class marine. That would open a way through to Ace much faster and it'll show all the marines and admiral just how strong Luffy really is. LOL!!

Hehe, being immune to boa's mero mero yeah, that might scare most of the people making him be a target of more powerful people lol:p

Downanime00
September 15, 2009, 07:35 PM
All the Schichibukai? That's pushing it. The only one who wants to see Luffy dead is Moria. I'm guessing Donflamingo will want to test Luffy out, since he's the only one who hasn't faced him yet.

If Hancock betrays the Marines to help Luffy I'm pretty sure she won't do it openly. If she does, it doesn't matter how strong the defence and citizens of Amazon Lily are, they'll all be creamed by the Buster Call. The only way for both she and her country will survive if they openly betray WG is if they hook up with the Revolutionary's.

You make a good point there, going with the revolutionary would be the best way.

elitefox
September 15, 2009, 07:41 PM
Lol Garp is going to have a stroke next chapter lol, especially after he finds out what Luffy did at Impel Down. And god...that last page with Luffy ready to fight next to Whitebeard...good god that's awesome, the rest of the crew would be freaking the hell out if they knew what was happening.

lol yeah, if he isn't a VA I doubt he is lying dead right now because of luffy:facepalm

Tsukisama
September 15, 2009, 07:57 PM

No, it is the land of poverity. They said when they were first shown that they are poor because the Tenaga tribe (the long-armed people whence Apoo hails) has stolen everything from him. It would be interesting if he learned some music moves while on his journey, but I guess we won't learn until next chapter how he is progressing. Perhaps he will only end up being shown saving the girl without being taught anything on-screen, but I feel pretty sure that most of the SH crew will have something added to their individual arsenals from their solo adventures.

Shadoguardian
September 15, 2009, 08:11 PM
Alright!! New pics!! But where are the pages where Luffy argues with Whitebeard? I want to see those ones so badly. I hope it's not just 15 pages after making us wait for 2 weeks

iFrozt
September 15, 2009, 08:12 PM
garp's face is seriously
TOOOOO FUNNZIE

next chapter sengoku is gonna go crazy on garp
hahahaahh

Wowzers
September 15, 2009, 08:23 PM
I was thinking about possible matchups... What if Hancock used her Mero Mero powers against Crocodile? If he were turned into a stone statue, how long would it hold him? Even if the statue was broken, wouldn't that just speed up the process of him turning back into sand? In short, it would likely just hold him temporarily. Now, what if the statue was thrown overboard? :D

elitefox
September 15, 2009, 08:32 PM
No, it is the land of poverity. They said when they were first shown that they are poor because the Tenaga tribe (the long-armed people whence Apoo hails) has stolen everything from him. It would be interesting if he learned some music moves while on his journey, but I guess we won't learn until next chapter how he is progressing. Perhaps he will only end up being shown saving the girl without being taught anything on-screen, but I feel pretty sure that most of the SH crew will have something added to their individual arsenals from their solo adventures.

i feel so too;)
[hr]

I was thinking about possible matchups... What if Hancock used her Mero Mero powers against Crocodile? If he were turned into a stone statue, how long would it hold him? Even if the statue was broken, wouldn't that just speed up the process of him turning back into sand? In short, it would likely just hold him temporarily. Now, what if the statue was thrown overboard? :D

lol, you weren't intentionally trying to kill croc, were you :p

Wowzers
September 15, 2009, 08:47 PM
lol! Actually, I was thinking that he would be stuck as a statue until fished out of the sea. The sea would prevent his powers from operating so the statue wouldn't break down into sand.

Saorie Jaide
September 15, 2009, 09:24 PM
man these pics are so cool! can't wait for the scanlations... looks like garp says something else in one of the pics i wonder what though i can't tell. Still too cool...:gigglebunny
[hr]

lol! Actually, I was thinking that he would be stuck as a statue until fished out of the sea. The sea would prevent his powers from operating so the statue wouldn't break down into sand.

then years from now a civilization will find croc's statue and it'll be like an antique... till it comes back to life... to think he could be suspended in time forever... *twilight zone music* :tem

elitefox
September 15, 2009, 09:29 PM
man these pics are so cool! can't wait for the scanlations... looks like garp says something else in one of the pics i wonder what though i can't tell. Still too cool...:gigglebunny
<hr noshade size="1">

then years from now a civilization will find croc's statue and it'll be like an antique... till it comes back to life... to think he could be suspended in time forever... *twilight zone music* :tem

lol you are picking on croc too much haha, I want to join too:p

we must grind him to dust, oh he is already dust :facepalm

BurnSchulz
September 15, 2009, 09:52 PM
In the end, Luffy won and shattered their dreams - the final bill counts. And the only enemy he took down all on his own was... well ... erm ... he actually has always been saved and helped by some of his nakama.

Thats right, and do you remember the fight aggainst Arlong back then?
Luffy told Arlong that he is nothing without his nakama!!!

deprince69
September 15, 2009, 10:16 PM
LUFFYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY IS SUUUUPPPAAA AWSOME!!!! I had to say it

Ex-Shadow
September 15, 2009, 10:17 PM
lol you are picking on croc too much haha, I want to join too:p

we must grind him to dust, oh he is already dust :facepalm

Heh.... why would you do that (I don't mind though). But I'm sure there are croc fans out there you know. Well, let's get back on-topics, do you know when HQ-raw will come out or at least the MQ one? :darn I can't wait anymore

elitefox
September 15, 2009, 10:30 PM
Heh.... why would you do that (I don't mind though). But I'm sure there are croc fans out there you know. Well, let's get back on-topics, do you know when HQ-raw will come out or at least the MQ one? :darn I can't wait anymore

probably the earliest is this day midnight :D

Darek Khort
September 15, 2009, 10:54 PM
Man, Whitebeard doesn't even react to Croc's attack like it is nothing. Truly epic!

Akaii
September 16, 2009, 12:01 AM
quite an chapter we have here this week~ awesomeness ~ I wonder what kuma is thinking after seeing luffy,wonder what kind of hell will break loose in next chapter though...

gfire2
September 16, 2009, 12:04 AM
im wondering if luffy did stop croc in his logia form coz if he did then kizaru is in gonna be in some deep sh*t soon

obamamania
September 16, 2009, 12:10 AM
Croc=dumbass, he thought that would work even without Luffy getting involved? Umm, Whitebeard isn't the kind of guy who would fall for that, if he was then there wouldn't be a huge war going on right now.

BurnSchulz
September 16, 2009, 12:13 AM
im wondering if luffy did stop croc in his logia form coz if he did then kizaru is in gonna be in some deep sh*t soon

luffy stopped Crocodile because luffy were all wet from fallin into water and Water is Sands abilities weakness

(luffy learns that while digging all day all night for water in the desert of alabasta, finally he found water, and from this moment on he knew that even thousands of sandstorms cant defeat water.)

Water is sands weakness. and this time it has nothing to do with negate logia itself.

chitgoks
September 16, 2009, 12:17 AM
hancock looks sooo cute ;)

Shadoguardian
September 16, 2009, 12:44 AM

Look at the pics closely. Luffy is wet.

Ero-Sanji
September 16, 2009, 12:48 AM
luffy stopped Crocodile because luffy were all wet from fallin into water and Water is Sands abilities weakness

(luffy learns that while digging all day all night for water in the desert of alabasta, finally he found water, and from this moment on he knew that even thousands of sandstorms cant defeat water.)

Water is sands weakness. and this time it has nothing to do with negate logia itself.

Actually your statement is quite wrong in it's own way. First of all Crocodile doesn't get weaker when soaked(at least above the sea). What's really happening is that when sand is in touch with whatever liquid there is the sand gets compact and solid. That's why he can't escape into these tiny pieces of sand and that's why he gets hurt.

But the last thing you wrote about negating logia is correct. An early evidence is in louge town, remember? It was raining but still Sanji and Luffy didn't manage to hurt Smoker. The answer is simple. In all the other logia cases (excluding sand) water doesn't make the element solid.

ascalon
September 16, 2009, 01:24 AM
The thing with Moria may be that last time, he wasn't trying to kill Luffy, he would have been simply trying to supress Luffy, plus he got hit by a super version of Luffy with all those shadows inside him, after taking those huge hits Moria could barely stay awake. If he fought Luffy now he would just try to kill Luffy.

Btw, could I forward a notion that the 'narutard' comments be edited out of this thread? Their rather lacking in grace and don't really deserve any mention in this thread.

I'm glad you noted this. Thriller Bark was sorta a let down because Moria and his crew were largely holding back and not trying to kill most of the Straw Hats, because of the shadow thing. If Moria were aiming to kill, he'd be much more powerful, as we saw with what he did to Oz Jr., and the fact that his shadow pulling ability can easily obliterate anyone in the sun.

SilversDKRayleigh
September 16, 2009, 01:34 AM
I hope that Luffy goes into gear third because the way everyone reacts will be funny and also when he shrinks I wonder if Hancock will swoon over how cute he is.
I just hope she doesn't kick him.

c0nflikt
September 16, 2009, 02:26 AM
I hope that Luffy goes into gear third because the way everyone reacts will be funny and also when he shrinks I wonder if Hancock will swoon over how cute he is.
I just hope she doesn't kick him.

I think it'd be quite hilarious if hancock snapped and booted luffy. But sadly we know it won't happen =/

i just can't wait to see this chapter all together its gonna be awesome.

PaLLl
September 16, 2009, 03:48 AM
so actually for many of elite pirates / marines isn't big secret that actually D. Luffy is Dragons son...huh...

Interesting indeed. I want to see flashbacks , by the looks of all this some of them actually met in the past. Or know each other.
And actually it's interesting to see Garp in action...
I maybe wrong but equal to Roger was WB . Also - Garp.

WB - Garp - Roger )

Heh by the look of the pic Crocodile is being sealed by wb crew...with he's powers ?
rather confusing. It's not that easy to predict who will have which opponent or equal match.

Seems like this going to be Chaotic.

Ustegius
September 16, 2009, 03:59 AM
That's somewhat likely for now, but considering how Zoro and Brooke generally had more chapter space than the others, I'll leave it at a post. I was surprised that the Longarm Tribe lived on that island. Who would have guessed that happy-go-lucky Apoo came from such a depressing and dark, even sacrificial, island?

Someone who read carefully. When the 'satan worshippers' summoned Brook, they asked him to get revenge to the Tenaga tribe. Tenaga=Longarm

Actually, even if Apoo has a DF that allows him to turn into a instrument, it still doesn't explain his powers. I mean, even if you did have piano teeth, you couldn't blow up things by playing them. Or could you? So I don't find it impossible at all, that Brook might learn similar technigues. And considering the Longarms are badguys, so most likely he just copies and makes his own ersion of the techs he is going to see when attempting to save the pants girl

tharkun
September 16, 2009, 04:43 AM
It is so awesome to see Luffy get dropped into the epic war like this. To stand beside Whitebeard on the Moby Dick! Three of his Logia nemesis that he never won against are all present: Aokiji, Kizaru and Smoker. But I am wondering whether Luffy can stand up against Akainu, who looks more like the executioner type than any of the Admirals. If Akainu knew of the Luffy-Dragon-Garp relationship, he may well be anticipating Dragon's movements. I can't imagine that Dragon would not move against the World Government at this moment. Even if the the World Government were to annihilate Whitebeard and execute Ace, they would be in a seriously weak position to deal with Dragon and his revolutionaries, the other Yonkous and of course, Blackbeard. The era of World Government dominance is likely to come to an end whether the Marines win or not. Best of luck to Luffy and hope Gecko Moria get wiped out soon.

BlackHair
September 16, 2009, 05:28 AM
I expected it to come out today. I mean the spoilers were out on Monday, pics already yesterday.. So today must be, lets wait a few hours.

The last page is awesome, we need it coloured! ;)

stasiasan
September 16, 2009, 05:43 AM
I kinda hope that the rest of Luffy's crew miracly joines as well. Would be cool to see all of them with new fighting abilities in such a huge war

Gats
September 16, 2009, 06:09 AM
If this war doesn't end by the destruction of the Marine and if Ace is safe, Luffy's reward will rise like hell. +200 000 ?

Shiro-kun
September 16, 2009, 06:19 AM
probably ...
Breaking into Impel Down and breaking out Criminals that threaten the World Goverment to some degree is more than enough reason to raise his bounty once again.

Admiral Kizaru
September 16, 2009, 06:29 AM
I can bet for money that Luffy's new bounty will be 500.000.000http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/onepiece/images/e/e3/Bsymbol.gif

deffkryz
September 16, 2009, 06:43 AM
Bounties... Yeah, here's the thread (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10814).

I kinda hope that the rest of Luffy's crew miracly joines as well. Would be cool to see all of them with new fighting abilities in such a huge war

Sure, I'd love to as well, but I don't think they can make it in time and will arrive until they need to escape since we don't know how far they've been spread. Most of the are on the Grand Line, but three of them are in Sky Island, the East and South Blue. Happily, they're not beyond the Red Line. So, I'm expecting a trip to fetch both Robin and Chopper making them have their "finally joined" chapters "5th" and "6th".

Will these side stories be included in the actual manga?

Sure they will - they have always been. Hatchan and Buggy returned to the main story after they had their coverstories - Garp, Pappagu and Caimie were actually introduced in those coverstories and became major parts... So maybe there's someone new shown in these side stories that may become a major part as well - we can't determine now.

or just a jump after a jump from an event to another, usop getting bigger and fatter :D, what if he had ate a devil fruit, what fruit will it be?

I don't think that's something to be bothered about (especially not here, maybe there (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32466).

B2T: Damn... I've calmed down from the spoilers now - and can't wait for the next chapter. :(

Black Lagoon
September 16, 2009, 07:26 AM
I like how Ace showed Luffy's poster to WB, it's gonna be awesome to see WB reaction in that moment :amuse

BlackHair
September 16, 2009, 07:40 AM
I like how Ace showed Luffy's poster to WB, it's gonna be awesome to see WB reaction in that moment :amuse
That also means BB betrayed WB after Luffy became his first bounty. That narrows the time frame. Hence BB should be able to gain more power, since he isn't long in possession of the darkness fruit.

I guess Im offtopic again xD

BetaRuler
September 16, 2009, 08:17 AM
I'm glad you noted this. Thriller Bark was sorta a let down because Moria and his crew were largely holding back and not trying to kill most of the Straw Hats, because of the shadow thing. If Moria were aiming to kill, he'd be much more powerful, as we saw with what he did to Oz Jr., and the fact that his shadow pulling ability can easily obliterate anyone in the sun.

Thx, and yeah Id like to see what his bat lance is like usually! If it finished off Oz jr even tho he was so big then I wonder what it'd be like against anyone like Luffy (i was gonna add in normal there but then I thought "wait, luffy? normal?" XD)!

Interesting point blackhair

Is it ever hinted that all of BB's crew were gathered outside of WB pirates as well? It could explain why his crew is as slightly small as it is even compared to Luffy's crew. Because by the time Luffy had his first bounty he already had 4 companions, BB must have left WB around the same time and gathered his first 4 companions during the time that Luffy collected Chopper and Robin.

Staticrush
September 16, 2009, 08:17 AM
I hope luffy fights with sengoku,even if only for a moment and overwhelms him somehow.
"sengoku tries to kill ace and luffy hits sengoku once with haki and gear 2nd combined
to blow him away."
i'm not saying sengoku is weak but,for that instant sengoku wouldn't be able to expect luffy attacking him with such speed or haki.

monkey D luffy
September 16, 2009, 08:36 AM

Is it ever hinted that all of BB's crew were gathered outside of WB pirates as well? It could explain why his crew is as slightly small as it is even compared to Luffy's crew. Because by the time Luffy had his first bounty he already had 4 companions, BB must have left WB around the same time and gathered his first 4 companions during the time that Luffy collected Chopper and Robin.

well lafitte is a former marine... i cant see how he couldve been a part of WB's crew...

back on topic:
wow! that was worth the wait! just seeing everyone with shock was hilarious.

Gumbertschovskinov
September 16, 2009, 09:06 AM

When Luffy and his nakama entered Drum it was in a post war state.
Blackbeard pirates attacked it and they were five men:

http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/133/19/

BB gathered his crew before Luffy recruited chopper.

I really am wondering if Oda can keep his incredible storytelling. He is a genius, no question, but after the war I can see no way to go on without getting inconsistent. But I believe in Oda. I love OP since the very beginning and Oda never let me down.

Rotten The Wizard
September 16, 2009, 09:07 AM
well lafitte is a former marine... i cant see how he couldve been a part of WB's crew...

back on topic:
wow! that was worth the wait! just seeing everyone with shock was hilarious.

he wasnt a marine, he was a police officer

Ero-Sanji
September 16, 2009, 09:16 AM
So every member of the strawhats are getting a sort of power-up:

Luffy: Knowledge of Haki
Zoro: Unknown(Any guesses)
Nami: Weather gadgets etc...
Ussop: Overweight??
Sanji: Okama kenpo or something like that or perhaps Haki too since kamabakka Island was like a sister island to Amazon lily.
Chopper: I don't have a clue?!
Robin: Physical strength, perhaps.
Franky: Can't wait too see his SUUUUUUPER Upgrades!!!
Brook: Someone suggested the strange music techniques that the longarm tribe has at least Scratchman Apoo.

So how are they supposed to go back?

Well, if we look at the first two: one is on the Kamabakka island the other was saved by the rebellion. At first I thought that perhaps they are all going to be saved by the Rebellions! I mean one of the top generals in the rebellion is king(queen) of the first island so perhaps the okamas was ready to join the turmoil as well. Two other islands with political problems was shown as well; The bird island and the land of poverty. It would also make sense that they would be brought by the rebellion since it would be a perfect time for them to strike and a perfect time for the crew to meet up.

But then I thought about the situations of Zoro, Ussop, Nami and Franky. The first two are on deserted islands with only one partner and the latter two are on islands that are unavailable or non interesting for the rebellion.

So imo Sanji and Robin will be escorted by the rebellion or a part of it(this is also the part Sanji reverts back to his former glory.
Nami will have her own weather gadget that enables her to fly or a flying machine.
Chopper can talk to animals so perhaps one of the birds will bring him back.
Franky will probably have some awesome jet pack thing.
Brook will get a boat and panties as a gift^^
As for Zoro and Ussop....

Black Lagoon
September 16, 2009, 10:17 AM
in the spoilers, Luffy's plan seems to be perfect ... except one small detail ... a minor detail, which is how to land once they are in the air? :fan

sarutobi_sensei
September 16, 2009, 10:28 AM
in the spoilers, Luffy's plan seems to be perfect ... except one small detail ... a minor detail, which is how to land once they are in the air? :fan
And that's why they were complaining on the last chapter xD

ScratchmenApoo
September 16, 2009, 10:46 AM
Does the last page show Luffy warming up with the fight alongside Whitebeard?
Maybe WB will see Shanks in Luffy and we will see more flashbacks.

Black Lagoon
September 16, 2009, 10:49 AM
And that's why they were complaining on the last chapter xD

yeah, but now they have nothing to complain about, they are standing on mainland and safely, well... safely ... safely, I guess not :sweat, cuz they are right in the middle of the battlefield. XD

rambokid
September 16, 2009, 11:34 AM
I really am wondering if Oda can keep his incredible storytelling. He is a genius, no question, but after the war I can see no way to go on without getting inconsistent. But I believe in Oda.

I believe in Oda too, let's just have faith in him :eyeroll:eyeroll:eyeroll

After this spoilers we have WB+Luffy going straight to save Ace, i think they'll save him and retreat, eventually with WB's death and the birth of a new Yonkou (Bugy? Ace?).

Black Lagoon
September 16, 2009, 11:59 AM
Smoker: Strawhat…and Crocodile? Why are they together?
Normal (reaction)... last time Luffy puts Croco in Jail, and now they are together and formed an alliance.
I think he haven't heard of ID incident :facepalm

Saorie Jaide
September 16, 2009, 01:29 PM
why does everyone think wb is going to die? i don't want him to die he's too awesome!!! hey does that color page say something about movie ten? i hope it does i can't wait for it to come out... like this chapter... so exciting!!!:tem:tem:tem

bboytempo
September 16, 2009, 01:52 PM
I believe that luffy is gonna take on akainu because he will attack him. If not, he'll at least take on a shichibukai including maybe doflamingo or moria ( yes again ) and he seems to be angry seeing him here. Lets not forget that luffy is buffed by ivankof and his power has increased quite a lot to be able to bleed blackbeard with a punch and beat impel down's vice chief with great ease.

Razh
September 16, 2009, 02:17 PM
I believe that luffy is gonna take on akainu because he will attack him. If not, he'll at least take on a shichibukai including maybe doflamingo or moria ( yes again ) and he seems to be angry seeing him here. Lets not forget that luffy is buffed by ivankof and his power has increased quite a lot to be able to bleed blackbeard with a punch and beat impel down's vice chief with great ease.

Blackbeard hit his head in the wall after being thrown back by Luffy's punch. The result would probably be the same even if Luffy wasn't buffed. Hannyabal would be beaten just the same too. Also, that buff is the only thing that enables Luffy to stand on his own feet, so I don't think it increased his strength that much.

Yumelei
September 16, 2009, 02:20 PM
Oh god... how many mythical chapters will we be served...
Well this arc was destined to be an awesome one since the 1st chapters! Oda-sensei, your imagination has seriously no-limit, same goes for my pleasure to read this masterpiece of yours...

This chapter is absolutly mythic !!! I can't wait for the scanlation and next week !!! This arc is the best !

gesgift
September 16, 2009, 02:27 PM
Oh god... how many mythical chapters will we be served...
Well this arc was destined to be an awesome one since the 1st chapters! Oda-sensei, your imagination has seriously no-limit, same goes for my pleasure to read this masterpiece of yours...

This chapter is absolutly mythic !!! I can't wait for the scanlation and next week !!! This arc is the best !

especially when Luffy stands next to WB, like 2 old fighting buddies :D

I can't say who's gonna fight who, probably all admirals charging to luffy, being stopped by different WB captains and Buggy.

Mr. Crocodile
September 16, 2009, 02:49 PM
Does anyone now if that guy on the right hand side of the color page is Kinjishi or some other important pirate?

chihoho
September 16, 2009, 02:56 PM
i hope there will be a tag-team battle with luffy and whitebeard vs the two admirals or moria and don flamingo.
still it would be funny to see how hancock will act when she will have to fight luffy (maybe).

DARK
September 16, 2009, 03:35 PM
i hope there will be a tag-team battle with luffy and whitebeard vs the two admirals or moria and don flamingo.
still it would be funny to see how hancock will act when she will have to fight luffy (maybe).

The two of them are too stubborn to be directly working together. My guess is that Luffy and co. will face Kizaru, since he is the one being ordered by Sengoku to attack them.

Saorie Jaide
September 16, 2009, 03:54 PM
i think waiting for the scanlations and stuff is going to kill me. i seriously keep popping online just to see if there is anything new. O_o,, i wonder, marco could hit kizaru... even though it didn't do anything wouldn't luffy also be able to hit him? i keep forgetting what all kizaru can do...

Wowzers
September 16, 2009, 04:45 PM
Well, Kizaru is made of light, so any physical attack just passes through him. Think of him as a hologram that you can see but can't touch. For a logia though, I get the impression he isn't as strong as Enel was. So, if Luffy could find a weakness in Kizaru's light powers or possibly master haki enough to infuse his punches then he may be able to take him. Otherwise Kizaru will turn him into a smoking hole in the ground.

I actually think that if Luffy fights a Logia, it will be Aokiji. The reason for this, is gear 2. Luffy designed Gear 2 specifically so he could fight Aokiji. He raised his core temperature so he couldn't be frozen as easily. It just turns out to be far more useful than simply raising his temperature. Basically he created an advantage, like he had an advantage against Enel back at Skypiea or getting wet to fight Crocodile.