PDA

View Full Version : Complete Hokenshitsu no Shinigami by AIMOTO Shou

Meromorphe
September 04, 2009, 03:29 PM
http://static.mangahelpers.com/manga-covers/2493.png

Hokenshitsu no Shinigami by AIMOTO Shou (http://mangahelpers.com/m/hokenshitsu-no-shinigami)
Use this link to search for raws, translations and scanlations easily!
Series begins in WSJ 2009 #41 (release date 07 September 2009)

About the series:
A one-shot preceded the serialization. It was published in the Akamaru of Spring 09. Summary by tethysdust:
Hadesu Sensei is no ordinary middle school nurse. In fact, many students believe he is a shinigami. His excessive friendliness and eagerness to win his students' affection does little to offset his terrifying appearance. But, fortunately for this middle school, Hadesu Sensei is an expert at extracting "byouma", demons of disease, from possessed students!

About the Author:
AIMOTO Shou has already published the series Muddy early cancelled in WSJ. He worked on Katekyo Hitman Reborn! as an assistant.

Negative Syndicate
September 04, 2009, 10:13 PM
It was pretty good chapter, it was definitely better than Muddy. But I, personally, like Ashitaba's personality from one shot than the series. I'm not sure whether it is smart move on removing the heroin from one shot, I think it was pretty good move, I really didn't like the heroin in one shot.

I'll give a shot on this series, so I give 4/5 on this chapter.

Koen
September 05, 2009, 06:32 AM
I agree with muwlove. Though I didn't understand anything of this, this manga seems to have more potential than Muddy. Muddy was bland, I hope this one won't be but I have this feeling it will be (that's something the future will tell us)

I also agree with the fact that the opening chapter was better than the one shot. There's some improvement:
1. It's a good deal to to start the story with a gang of boys who end up becoming very good friends for what may come (whereas in the one shot, an annoying girl and boy got involved with the excorsism)
2. How those demons enter the body was at least scarier than in the one shot. I liked the shadow attacking/entering its host. It's refreshing to do it
3. It seems more people are involved with the main character's excorcism. Well, that's how I felt when some older people (principal?) were looking everything through the window

Let's see what it'll give

Isa-Sama
September 05, 2009, 03:17 PM
Well I read the oneshot after the first chapter -_- (silly me but I didn't know there was a oneshot before today).

But I think too it's good that the girl in the oneshot don't appear again in the first chapter, too annoying indeed (god she seems to know everything and I hate that :p).

The plot ? I didn't understand anything (for the first chapter of course) but it seems interesting even if the idea of exorcism is like D. Gray-man... well not exactly the same but the idea is here (maybe it was because it needed to be replaced in the WSJ). I don't know yet if it annoyes me or not, I'll able to tell with more chapters I suppose. But now I agree with you, koenosaki, it has potential. I just hope Japanese will see it -_-'

P.S. Sorry if there is mistakes in my english.

Negative Syndicate
September 09, 2009, 01:11 PM
I feel like Hokenshitsu is a mix of Nube and Neuro.

Galactic Tomahawk
September 10, 2009, 05:22 PM
Definitely an improvement from both Muddy and the last few months of new stuff.

Will probably follow it regularly if just for some of the monster art and the like.

Negative Syndicate
September 12, 2009, 06:32 PM
I'm really enjoying this series, it is becoming one of my favorite series. I think Aimoto did good work on changing heroin, I didn't like heroin from one shot.

But, I hope Ashitaba's personality was same from one shot. Ashitaba in the series is kind of boring, Ashitaba from one shot is more funnier than in series.

Negative Syndicate
October 14, 2009, 04:35 PM
I found a spoiler for chapter 7.

突然動かなくなった藤を保健室に運ぶ美作とアシタバ。そこには花巻も寝てる。
手がかりになりそうだと花巻の抱えたノートを見るハデス。

ぴーちゃん世界で藤に話しかける花巻。繰り返しの中一人だけ違う行動をした花巻を問い詰める藤。
テンパってぴーちゃんの世界を解除する花巻。

起きた後も藤に詰問され何も言えなくなる花巻。
出てきて怒り出すぴーちゃん。上半身は鶏、胴はゲームパッド、下半身は「RESET」と書いたオムツから脚。
ノートを見たハデスが花巻に 「自信を持って きっと伝わる」 とイイ顔で。

藤に包みを渡す花巻。
ずっと前のテストの時に消しゴムを忘れた花巻に自分の消しゴムを少し切って分けてくれた藤へのお礼の新品消しゴムが入っていた。
繰り返しをやめた花巻から離れて退治される病魔「臆病(チキン)」

藤は消しゴムやった事を覚えてないと言い、これは今日の詫びということでもらっといてやるからもう気にすんな、と。

藤は疲れて寝ると言うが、ハデスが家に電話して迎えに来てもらうと言うと自分で帰る。
その夜ハデスにノート見られた事を恥ずかしがる花巻。

つづく。

Kuuki
December 04, 2009, 07:32 PM
The current arc looks awesome, even though I can't understand a thing but Hadesu-sensei's transformation is pretty epic looking and I gotta say he looks so cool with dark hair XD <3

Will someone be willing to translate this series please? :D

Kaiten
December 04, 2009, 10:25 PM
Elken translated the first chapter (http://mangahelpers.com/t/elkin/releases/16980). The translator note mentions someone has taken the series over.

Kuuki
December 05, 2009, 08:22 AM
I've read the first chapter translation by Elkin, but there isn't anymore after the first chapter..or is there?
I don't mind waiting, I'm just hoping someone can pick up this serie because it's a really great manga. And now I feel relieved now that I know someone's picking it up! :D

Kaiten
December 06, 2009, 12:57 PM
Elkin only planned on doing a chapter. The notes posted with said someone else is taking it up but I have not seen if they have posted any chapters.

Isa-Sama
December 12, 2009, 12:30 PM
No, there are two english translators but there isn't any chapters other than the first one.

I would like to know what's happening too (and translate it in french by the way) but I'm waiting to see if there will be other translations in english. This manga is great, it's true, despite its place in the toc of the Jump -_-'.

Kuuki
April 18, 2010, 10:55 PM
It's time to revive this thread :D

The latest chapter is awesome. I feel that, a big and more serious arc is going to happen next.

I'm really interested to know about black haired Hadesu. Could that be his original look if he was a normal person? XD

And, Saizaki-sensei is a cool character too. Her interaction with Hadesu is simply adorable :love

Negative Syndicate
April 18, 2010, 11:27 PM
I think in order for this thread to survive, it needs more translations. I think there is only translation for one chapter on this point.

Kuuki
April 19, 2010, 12:06 AM
I found chapter 2 scanlated in mangafox if I'm not mistaken. No other chapters further I'm afraid, which is sad since the manga is good :(

Ilcm26
April 19, 2010, 06:18 PM
I was actually planning on translating Shinigami, since no one has picked it up so far, but I thought that no one was interested in it so....:darn

Isa-Sama
April 19, 2010, 06:33 PM
O_O Really ? Are you going to do it finally ?

It would be nice of you :D

Kuuki
April 20, 2010, 01:40 AM
Ilcm, please do! We will be very gateful for this ;w; <3
It's one of my fave JUMP serie other than Gintama right now, it's a pity that it's underrated.

Ilcm26
April 20, 2010, 01:55 PM
Well, since you guys asked I'll get working on it :tem

It's going to take a while to translate everything, since I've been quite busy recently, and now with the Raws thing going on its gonna get kinda complicated but still, don't worry I'll translate Shinigami!!;)

Lintwhite
April 23, 2010, 02:10 PM
Well, since you guys asked I'll get working on it :tem

It's going to take a while to translate everything, since I've been quite busy recently, and now with the Raws thing going on its gonna get kinda complicated but still, don't worry I'll translate Shinigami!!;)

If you'd like, I can also volunteer my services! I've been translating the series for myself on and off and I didn't really consider trying to do the whole series because there's so many chapters out and I'm quite busy.

Kuuki
April 23, 2010, 06:16 PM
That'd be awesome! This serie needs more love! :D
But to find the raw is hard..considering how unpopular it is :(

Lintwhite
April 23, 2010, 11:05 PM
That'd be awesome! This serie needs more love! :D
But to find the raw is hard..considering how unpopular it is :(

I know, right? I'm not quite sure where I'm going to be getting the newest chapter this week...

Akiyama
April 23, 2010, 11:12 PM
Use irc, and here's a guide (https://docs.google.com/present/view?id=0AbXys-WYREuTZGc3N2Y5MzhfMTJkd3prNXFmdw&hl=en) to find raws. Easy to follow instructions.

Lintwhite
April 23, 2010, 11:38 PM
Use irc, and here's a guide (https://docs.google.com/present/view?id=0AbXys-WYREuTZGc3N2Y5MzhfMTJkd3prNXFmdw&hl=en) to find raws. Easy to follow instructions.

Ohhhh. I've been into anime/manga for five years and I'm still a complete n00b on finding stuff.

Also! I've got a translation of chapter 4 done (still working on 3) and if anyone wants me to post it, I will.

Kuuki
April 24, 2010, 12:12 AM
Lintwhite, I finally figured out how to use IRC, so I will be needing to wait for Vic scans for the latest chapter. I could PM you the RAW for you to translate if that could save you the trouble finding them :)

And yes, please post the translation up! I will see if I have the time, I could try to scanlate it!

Lintwhite
April 24, 2010, 10:41 AM
Lintwhite, I finally figured out how to use IRC, so I will be needing to wait for Vic scans for the latest chapter. I could PM you the RAW for you to translate if that could save you the trouble finding them :)

And yes, please post the translation up! I will see if I have the time, I could try to scanlate it!

I did as well! I downloaded the add-on from Firefox so I'm waiting as well :D

Mido-ban
May 17, 2010, 06:27 PM
yeah! a really good manga but not enough translations unfortunatly :s
more translations for more comprehension and more fan for this manga! it's a logical road for an international succes ^^

Kuuki
May 17, 2010, 09:10 PM
I read both translations by Elkin and Lintwhite yesterday, I say great job both of you! Thanks so much!

Note
May 18, 2010, 11:25 AM
Thanks soo much. I just read chapter three and I do love this manga ( I've had to get by, reading the raws which have disappeared since theres no raw-paradise). I love the art :). Thanks again I do appreciate it.

Isa-Sama
May 24, 2010, 09:38 AM
Hello there ^_^

Thank you for the translations, I was going to turn desperate without any sign of interest despite the fact that the story is really good.

So I come here to say something for the french fans, so I'll do it in french. Sorry :eyeroll

La Shamballa Alchemist Team (http://mangahelpers.com/s/shamballa-alchemist-team) se lance dans le projet de VF de ce manga. Aucune date de sortie du premier chapitre n'est encore prévue mais il est déjà bien entamé, donc c'est pour bientôt :)

Lintwhite
June 13, 2010, 03:11 PM
I posted this on the Varia Quality Scanlations profile but I don't know how many people will see it so I'll say it here: since MH is moving away from scanlations, we're moving our operations to LJ. I run a Hokenshitsu comm on there (link is in my profile and on the Varia Quality Scanlations profile) where we're going to be putting up scans for DDL.

Everyone is welcome to join and you don't have to be a member to see posts.

I hope this is allowed but I wanted to get the message out there that Hokenshitsu will still be scanlated, just put up at a different place! :D

Isa-Sama
June 13, 2010, 03:14 PM
Oh thank you ^_^ I'm glad to see you won't give up.

I was worried about your group because you didn't have a website but if you're now on LJ, it's perfect :D

Lintwhite
June 27, 2010, 09:35 PM
Chapter 7 is out! You know where to look! :D:D:D

A new chapter is out! You know where to look :tem

Wish there was a way I could alert everyone...like automatically or something...

frenzypix
June 29, 2010, 03:59 PM
I just read chapter 8 i don't like it, i don't like ecchy at all :S is it going to be like this from now on?
i loved chapter 6-7 because of their tenderness and Hanamaki :D

Lintwhite
June 29, 2010, 11:37 PM
I just read chapter 8 i don't like it, i don't like ecchy at all :S is it going to be like this from now on?
i loved chapter 6-7 because of their tenderness and Hanamaki :D

Well, some of the later chapters tend to fall back on sex jokes (most notably 34, when all the kids catch a disease demon that makes them want to take their clothes off).

I really wish it hadn't started doing fan service, because it was nice without it (then again, this is shounen we're talking about) but sometimes I think the author does that some weeks just to get the rankings up.

Isa-Sama
July 05, 2010, 05:09 AM
There is fanservice but it's not always like that (the arc now is very interesting I think)... Anyway it's true that it would have been better without it.

How to make people (and potential fans) understand that the manga is good when there are scenes like in the chapter 8 (and 9 btw)... or 34 ? *sigh* Not easy from my point of view (not everybody likes it).

but sometimes I think the author does that some weeks just to get the rankings up.

Well... It's true that it sometimes work for some mangas but I don't have the impression that's the case here. For me HnS is in the middle or in the bottom of the TOC of the Jump but not really higher. So the fanservice is not really working. The author should stop it ^_^'

EDIT: did someone else see there is a missing page in the raw of chapter 41 ? -_-'

Lintwhite
July 08, 2010, 11:48 AM
There is fanservice but it's not always like that (the arc now is very interesting I think)... Anyway it's true that it would have been better without it.

How to make people (and potential fans) understand that the manga is good when there are scenes like in the chapter 8 (and 9 btw)... or 34 ? *sigh* Not easy from my point of view (not everybody likes it).

Well... It's true that it sometimes work for some mangas but I don't have the impression that's the case here. For me HnS is in the middle or in the bottom of the TOC of the Jump but not really higher. So the fanservice is not really working. The author should stop it ^_^'

EDIT: did someone else see there is a missing page in the raw of chapter 41 ? -_-'

There is? I have all 19, which page are you missing?

Isa-Sama
July 08, 2010, 12:02 PM
Well in the raw I've found, the pages 6 and 8 are the same, but when you delete one of them, there seems to have a problem with the story: the page 6 is in fact the 7th and there is a lag in the numbering of the pages. So the real page 6 is missing.

Lintwhite
August 07, 2010, 01:42 AM
New chapter is out! Go get it if you know where :amuse

Also, VQS is going on hiatus for a bit so don't expect too many more releases from us in the coming months. Going to continue to do translations, however.

Note
August 07, 2010, 06:24 AM
Thanks for the work you've done so far :), I love hokenshitsu no shinigami. Thanks sooo much!

Lintwhite
August 11, 2010, 01:07 AM
Thanks for the work you've done so far :), I love hokenshitsu no shinigami. Thanks sooo much!

You're welcome!

And there's two new translations up!

FanOfAniManga
May 14, 2011, 12:17 PM
Sorry to bring up this series again, but I just don't get it. Why is it doing so badly? So far, I'm personally enjoying the part of the series where it's translated. It looks like it'll get even more intense later on, but the WSJ listings don't say so. Why is that?

Negative Syndicate
May 14, 2011, 12:43 PM
Sorry to bring up this series again, but I just don't get it. Why is it doing so badly? So far, I'm personally enjoying the part of the series where it's translated. It looks like it'll get even more intense later on, but the WSJ listings don't say so. Why is that?

I think it is doing bad because some episodes are kind of boring. I think Hokenshitsu should focus on mix of short and long arcs, rather than doing many short stories.

FanOfAniManga
May 14, 2011, 12:49 PM
I think it is doing bad because some episodes are kind of boring. I think Hokenshitsu should focus on mix of short and long arcs, rather than doing many short stories.

I thought so too, and I may be wrong, but isn't Sket Dance like that as well?

Negative Syndicate
May 14, 2011, 01:14 PM
I thought so too, and I may be wrong, but isn't Sket Dance like that as well?

Gintama and Sket Dance are doing same methods, but the authors are doing much better job than Aimoto (author of Hokenshitsu). Gintama's author and Sket Dance's author are really good at making comedy as compare to Hokenshitsu, and I think Aimoto should have change Hokenshitsu as action series than comedy.

Galactic Tomahawk
May 14, 2011, 03:06 PM
Have to agree, I like Hokenshitsu but it still has a lot of off chapters.

Has a long way to go before it reaches the level of something like Gintama/Sket Dance.

FanOfAniManga
May 15, 2011, 11:43 PM
I see.

And I was hoping this series would get an anime; it'd be really interesting to see how it'd turn out. I mean, this series was already given a VOMIC edition.

But I think the next 12 months are going to be the deciding factor for this manga series. I believe the manga is either going to continue alongside a new anime adaptation within this timeframe or end altogether.

I've seen anime adaptations of manga series start mainly when the number of chapters in the manga reaches the early 100s.
Either this, or the manga series ends without an anime. So far, the latest I've seen a manga series end without an anime is Psyren at chapter 145, but I've seen most other manga series end earlier than where Hokenshitsu is now.

Having said that, do any of you think this series will get an anime?

Negative Syndicate
May 15, 2011, 11:54 PM
Having said that, do any of you think this series will get an anime?

I don't think Hokenshitsu will get an anime. It mostly ranks in bottom 5 and its tank sales is much lower than Psyren.

Currently, Hokenshitsu is in state of struggle for survival, not in the state of either get an anime or not. In order for Hokenshitsu to survive, there have to be at least two series that is doing much worse than Hokenshitsu.

FanOfAniManga
May 16, 2011, 12:01 AM
Currently, Hokenshitsu is in state of struggle for survival, not in the state of either get an anime or not.

But isn't a manga series struggling to get an anime and struggling to survive correlated? I mean, are there any manga series that survive beyond, say, 200 chapters that don't get an anime?

Negative Syndicate
May 16, 2011, 12:12 AM
But isn't a manga series struggling to get an anime and struggling to survive co-related? I mean, are there any manga series beyond, say, 200 chapters that don't get an anime?

It's kind of different. The series that got animation are serialize for at least two years with good ranking result, strong fanbase, and high tank sales. The survival is the author try to continue the series with very limited support from fans; and if there is limited number of fans, then there aren't going to be animation.

Jump cuts the series that mostly stay in last in order to fill new series. Hokenshitsu mostly ranks very low, and there isn't really the series that can be cushion for Hokenshitsu. So, I think Hokenshitsu has high possibility that it'll end when its current arc is over.

Also, there were series that didn't get animation beyond 200 chapters, like Mr.Fullswing, Rookies, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure (well, it did get OVAs), Pyuu to fuku! Jaguar, etc.

FanOfAniManga
May 16, 2011, 12:32 AM
It's kind of different. The series that got animation are serialize for at least two years with good ranking result, strong fanbase, and high tank sales. The survival is the author try to continue the series with very limited support from fans; and if there is limited number of fans, then there aren't going to be animation.

Jump cuts the series that mostly stay in last in order to fill new series. Hokenshitsu mostly ranks very low, and there isn't really the series that can be cushion for Hokenshitsu. So, I think Hokenshitsu has high possibility that it'll end when its current arc is over.

Also, there were series that didn't get animation beyond 200 chapters, like Mr.Fullswing, Rookies, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure (well, it did get OVAs), Pyuu to fuku! Jaguar, etc.

Well that's depressing to hear, but I guess what you're saying makes a lot of sense.

I'm just praying for this series to survive, but I won't be too disappointed either if it dies soon.

FanOfAniManga
June 26, 2011, 12:23 AM
It finally happened. At 87 chapters as of the latest issue,
Hokenshitsu no Shinigami is officially over.

I guess I was naive to think this series would get an anime. To be honest, I never liked this series as much as I did other shonen titles; there wasn't anything that stood out here. The general concept of Byoma limited the potential of this manga as there are barely any believable and enjoyable storylines that can relish out of it. The series getting a VOMIC got my hopes up, but I guess it just goes to show that just because it did, it doesn't mean it'll get an anime, especially if it's fighting and failing to stay out of the bottom 5 of the WSJ rankings.

---------- Post added June 25, 2011 at 11:23 PM ---------- Previous post was June 23, 2011 at 04:04 PM ----------

One last thing I need to mention:
For those of you who have found the raw chapter and read the last page, you'll notice there's a "To be continued" at the end.
This "To be continued" refers to an extra story of the overall conclusion of the series to be published in an upcoming Jump NEXT magazine this August, NOT a continuation of the manga series.

Unfortunately, I doubt we'll ever see it because no one has ever subbed Jump NEXT magazine publications in the past, let alone upload any raw scans of them online.

Lintwhite
September 01, 2011, 03:46 PM
It finally happened. At 87 chapters as of the latest issue,
Hokenshitsu no Shinigami is officially over.

I guess I was naive to think this series would get an anime. To be honest, I never liked this series as much as I did other shonen titles; there wasn't anything that stood out here. The general concept of Byoma limited the potential of this manga as there are barely any believable and enjoyable storylines that can relish out of it. The series getting a VOMIC got my hopes up, but I guess it just goes to show that just because it did, it doesn't mean it'll get an anime, especially if it's fighting and failing to stay out of the bottom 5 of the WSJ rankings.

---------- Post added June 25, 2011 at 11:23 PM ---------- Previous post was June 23, 2011 at 04:04 PM ----------

One last thing I need to mention:
For those of you who have found the raw chapter and read the last page, you'll notice there's a "To be continued" at the end.
This "To be continued" refers to an extra story of the overall conclusion of the series to be published in an upcoming Jump NEXT magazine this August, NOT a continuation of the manga series.

Unfortunately, I doubt we'll ever see it because no one has ever subbed Jump NEXT magazine publications in the past, let alone upload any raw scans of them online.

Actually, I was thinking of buying it and scanning it in. There are scans out there of it but they're in Chinese and I wouldn't be comfortable using them without permission. But when the time comes, I will definitely make sure that the conclusion is out there for everyone to read :D

FanOfAniManga
December 18, 2011, 05:03 PM
Well, Shou Aimoto's back with her new oneshot, Rengoku. I wasn't sure if this oneshot warrants a new thread, so I decided to write about it here in the Hokenshitsu thread. Although I've only seen a raw form of the oneshot so far, I have a lot to say about it.

Looking through the raw oneshot, it seems like she just copied the designs of some of the characters from her previous work, Hokenshitsu no Shinigami. The male character has Ryuuki Senoo's exact hair and punk attitude, while the female character has Maya Kaburagi's pose and Niburu Hebizu's face and hair colour.

The synopsis also seems to be very similar with Beelzebub's when it first started. There's a town full of delinquents and the main protagonist has more than enough power to beat them all up. Actually, for all I know, this could be a blatant parody of Beelzebub. Himekawa's hairstyle is imitated in one page, the main protagonist wears a shirt that says "Ogre-kun", and after the main protagonist has beaten the students from his rival high school, he makes a pose similar to Oga's pose on the cover of chapter 1.

Another strange thing about this manga is how Aimoto named the high schools and the main protagonist. At the very beginning, we see two rival high school gangs from Enma and Naraku High. These two names translate to Devil and Hell High, but the names of the high schools themselves (円摩 and 奈楽) are merely homonyms of the actual Japanese terms for Devil and Hell (閻魔 and 奈落). The protagonist's name is Kiichi Amano. The kanji for Kiichi (鬼一 ) literally translate to Demon One, while his surname, Amano (天野) matches the surname of Akira Amano (天野 明), author of Reborn, whom Aimoto assisted in the past.

As for the storyline, I haven't been able to make much out of it since my Japanese isn't up to par. All I know so far is that Amano beats everyone up from Naraku High, his rival school, then walks home with his friends when he confronts a woman who shoots him with a pistol, making him grow a pair of breasts and basically turning him into a girl.

So what do you guys think of Rengoku?

I think both of Akira Amano's assistants, Shou Aimoto and Kenji Sakaki of Enigma, are rather eccentric in their solo works. I hope someone can translate the oneshot, as it might turn out to be something interesting.

P.S. One more thing I just noticed, If you rearrange the letters of RENGOKU plus a letter A, you can get the word KUROGANE.

Tauros
March 15, 2012, 01:16 PM
Chapter 51 OUT ---> Here (http://www.mudascantrad.com/Forums/index.php)