PDA

View Full Version : Info Shippuuden dub to air on Disney

CBlitz
September 10, 2009, 05:55 PM
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/news/e3if44ebfb31be090b578cf16fc7080704f

wtf first Marvel, now Naruto?

weehoo107
September 10, 2009, 06:07 PM
it's the end of the world as we know it.

Blackout286
September 10, 2009, 06:07 PM
NO WHYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
FUCK DISNEY!
I thought Adult Swim would surely get the deal.

Tsukisama
September 10, 2009, 06:14 PM
FUCK DISNEY!

Cartoon Network (the main channel) might have been a candidate to air it, but I doubt that Adult Swim would have picked up. The show has been marketed in the U.S. towards young and early teenage boys. Despite that the original Japanese version if unaltered would perhaps be appropriate for Adult Swim, it wouldn't have happened, because Naruto is too much of a cash cow to be taken to Adult Swim's anime collection where it wouldn't get the marketing it could get in primetime.

Between the major networks, I am sort of glad that Disney won it away from Cartoon Network. Cartoon Network has not been marketing Naruto like it should have been. In fact, most of the good anime series Cartoon Network once showed have been left behind for less interesting IMO CN original programming. At least Disney will give it a prime spot in its line-up and capitalize on a great show with much advertising.

weehoo107
September 10, 2009, 06:14 PM
FUCK DISNEY!

nah, Adult swim doesn't get as much money as Disney... if Disney was interested in buying Adult swim wouldn't stand a chance against them....

but why the hell would Disney even be interested????

Between the major networks, I am sort of glad that Disney won it away from Cartoon Network. Cartoon Network has not been marketing Naruto like it should have been. In fact, most of the good anime series Cartoon Network once showed have been left behind for less interesting IMO CN original programming. At least Disney will give it a prime spot in its line-up and capitalize on a great show with much advertising.

yeah, CN hasn't but how do you think Disney is going to fare???

you know I find it kinda funny - does Disney even know whats gonna happen in the future? can you imagine how much they'll have to edit out??

imagine Itachi describing to sasuke the Uchiha clan's past and the fight scenes themselves. How much will Disney censor out?

the most they could do right would be voice acting.... but I'm not even too sure about that.

CBlitz
September 10, 2009, 06:20 PM
nah, Adult swim doesn't get as much money as Disney... if Disney was interested in buying Adult swim wouldn't stand a chance against them....

yeah, CN hasn't but how do you think Disney is going to fare???

Naruto is pretty popular with the male teen crowd, so it would be a logical thing to do. CN is stupid for letting Naruto go, its a cash cow

weehoo107
September 10, 2009, 06:23 PM
Naruto is pretty popular with the male teen crowd, so it would be a logical thing to do. CN is stupid for letting Naruto go, its a cash cow

I'm sorry, but whenever I think Disney, my first thought is "Don't go there."

Perhaps Disney may do well, but I would have to see it with my eyes before I give it any real credit. does anyone know when they start dubbing?

Blackout286
September 10, 2009, 06:24 PM
So..So much stuff is going to get cut out and censored....so very badly.

weehoo107
September 10, 2009, 06:26 PM
try to stay positive my friend, stay positive. don't hurt yourself.

CBlitz
September 10, 2009, 06:26 PM

hahahahahahhahahahah..........................

its funny because its true :(

Tsukisama
September 10, 2009, 06:28 PM

The stuff that will get cut out and censored is just the same stuff that got censored when it was shown on Cartoon Network. So, that means the blood will removed (unless someone is dying), and the pervy moments from Jiraiya and the Oiroke no Jutsu will be gone. If you were fine with the censorship before, then what you'll see on Disney won't be much worse.

CBlitz
September 10, 2009, 06:29 PM
The stuff that will get cut out and censored is just the same stuff that got censored when it was shown on Cartoon Network. So, that means the blood will removed (unless someone is dying), and the pervy moments from Jiraiya and the Oiroke no Jutsu will be gone. If you were fine with the censorship before, then what you'll see on Disney won't be much worse.

Hidan/Kakuzu arc?

Tsukisama
September 10, 2009, 06:32 PM
Hidan/Kakuzu arc?

The same things that would be censored on CN will be censored on Disney. The fact that the show is on Disney is not the problem; the problem is that the tone and content of the show matures in Shippuden. That is the problem.

Yes, Hidan/Kakuzu arc will be censored to some extent, but this shouldn't be surprising to anyone. If you didn't expect it to be censored on CN, you would be kidding yourself, because Adult Swim wouldn't have picked it up and the regular CN would make the same censorship decisions.

slmcknett
September 10, 2009, 06:41 PM
They're gonna butcher Sai's and Hidan's lines...so badly. This is the worst moment in the history of forever. You know, right after 9/11 and Cartoon Network Live...:notrust

no offense

Blackout286
September 10, 2009, 06:43 PM
...Well...let's just sit back..relax and watch as every naruto fan alive go insane or happy about this little stunt Disney pulled.

Just think about it...More censors...No blood..Certain scenes may be cut out.
Example would be Naruto's Four Tail Transformation, or Sasori's death. Cartoon Network kept in some blood.

Tsukisama
September 10, 2009, 06:46 PM
Don't most of you watch the show on the Internet anyway (the Japanese version with English subtitles)? Why is this such a big deal? (Just curious to find out)

The English dub of the first Naruto series was censored quite a bit, removing the violence and sexual jokes, and yet you were thinking that the Shippuuden series wouldn't be edited? :confused

CBlitz
September 10, 2009, 06:52 PM
Don't most of you watch the show on the Internet anyway (the Japanese version with English subtitles)? Why is this such a big deal? (Just curious to find out)

The English dub of the first Naruto series was censored quite a bit, removing the violence and sexual jokes, and yet you were thinking that the Shippuuden series wouldn't be edited? :confused

sometimes dubs can turn out better than the source material (see FMA dub). But really I'd rather watch stuff on TV than on my laptop. Besides the Naruto dub was pretty good

Tsukisama
September 10, 2009, 07:01 PM
sometimes dubs can turn out better than the source material (see FMA dub). But really I'd rather watch stuff on TV than on my laptop. Besides the Naruto dub was pretty good

Dubs rarely ever turn out better than the original. (I liked the FMA dub a lot, but I wouldn't say IMO it was better, maybe equally as good though. :amuse)

The Naruto dub compared with the original also wasn't that amazing in quite a few people's opinions. I have seen so many complaints about Naruto's voice actress in the dub. Also, "believe it" for "dattebayo" just doesn't really carry over as well IMO. In terms of censorship, there wasn't that much to censor, since the violence in the first series is a lot less. The most violent thing was Haku getting stabbed, which had removed most of the blood.

Adult Swim picking up the series wasn't going to happen realistically. In terms of Disney's practices and standard over Cartoon Network's own, we don't know yet since we haven't seen the series, and in the end we will never really know whether CN would have called for different edits since CN no longer has the license for the broadcast of series. So, why not just wait and see what happens.

weehoo107
September 10, 2009, 07:11 PM
...Well...let's just sit back..relax and watch as every naruto fan alive go insane or happy about this little stunt Disney pulled.

Just think about it...More censors...No blood..Certain scenes may be cut out.
Example would be Naruto's Four Tail Transformation, or Sasori's death. Cartoon Network kept in some blood.

examples would be

Itachi plucking out sasuke's eyes and giving him the history on the Uchiha clan :notrust
[hr]

Don't most of you watch the show on the Internet anyway (the Japanese version with English subtitles)? Why is this such a big deal? (Just curious to find out).....

what I have a problem with is that if Disney botches this up, then respect for Naruto in general will go down. there are alreday a bunch of people who don't even bother to pick up the Manga cause it's full of "ninjas' and the kid on the front cover is in an orange jumpsuit. Judging a book by it's cover is bad enough, but when someone puts out an extremely censored, kid-friendly anime of it?

even the Naruto fans who only watch it on TV may give up on it.

CBlitz
September 10, 2009, 07:16 PM
what I have a problem with is that if Disney botches this up, then respect for
Naruto in general will go down. there are alreday a bunch of people who don't even bother to pick up the Manga cause it's full of "ninjas' and the kid on the front cover is in an orange jumpsuit. Judging a book by it's cover is bad enough, but when someone puts out an extremely censored, kid-friendly anime of it?

even the Naruto fans who only watch it on TV may give up on it.

ehhh, I don't think they're gonna mess with Shippuuden's formula that much. I hope it doesn't become anything like 4kids One Piece dub, thank god Funi saved it.

The Naruto dub compared with the original also wasn't that amazing in quite a few people's opinions. I have seen so many complaints about Naruto's voice actress in the dub. Also, "believe it" for "dattebayo" just doesn't really carry over as well IMO. In terms of censorship, there wasn't that much to censor, since the violence in the first series is a lot less. The most violent thing was Haku getting stabbed, which had removed most of the blood.

The beginning was mediocre, subsequent arcs were handled very well. Besides Naruto only said "Believe it" for the first couple arcs. Then they cut it from the script.

Tsukisama
September 10, 2009, 07:40 PM
ehhh, I don't think they're gonna mess with Shippuuden's formula that much. I hope it doesn't become anything like 4kids One Piece dub, thank god Funi saved it.

I also am not expecting huge edits from Disney. Viz Media, the one who has the English license and does the dubs, seems to be happy about the partnership, and they hopefully wouldn't alienate their fan base too much, but again, as they state in the article posted in the first post, their target audience is boys 6-14; so, that is about whom they really care, and the series will be made accordingly. Since the first dub was also to that audience though, you should expect around the same level of content.

The beginning was mediocre, subsequent arcs were handled very well. Besides Naruto only said "Believe it" for the first couple arcs. Then they cut it from the script.

"Believe it" was toned down a lot after the Chuunin exam, although I don't recall Naruto saying it ("dattebayo") that much in the original Japanese that much after that point either. So it wasn't like it was something that was really much of a big deal after a certain point anyway. The point I was saying earlier was that I wasn't fond of the translation. I would have preferred him saying "dattebayo" to "believe it."

Blackout286
September 10, 2009, 07:54 PM
I hate to see how Disney handles Hidan and Kakuzu.

[Cross]
September 10, 2009, 08:08 PM
Well, think about it this way. Since they've acquired marvel, they might be trying to bring in the slightly older crowd to the whole deal whilst giving them some naruto that is of a more mature tone. Also remember that they used to air the old x-men animated series, which had its own moments of mature tone. They have quite a lot to work with, and are more likely to give the series better treatment than CN (reality lol) ever would have in its current state.

juUnior
September 10, 2009, 08:09 PM
You didn't see the PL version, and I think it was based on Cartoon Network censored version of anime "Naruto", that's just.. I mean, for children it looks cool ^^'

examples would be
hmm, your probably seeing far into it - it wasn't even shown in the original Japanese transmission of episodes with Itachi - they can be a little censored in that version :p <half-joke>

what I have a problem with is that if Disney botches this up, then respect for Naruto in general will go down. there are alreday a bunch of people who don't even bother to pick up the Manga cause it's full of "ninjas' and the kid on the front cover is in an orange jumpsuit. Judging a book by it's cover is bad enough, but when someone puts out an extremely censored, kid-friendly anime of it?
No, no, I think it's always good when more kids will see it, like in this example, Disney channel. I can compare to the pl dub when it was first aired: just overall record of people being on the probably most popular "Naruto" pl forum after the airing of first episodes - and later you see comments like: "I firstly seen "Naruto" on that and that channel, but later I typed on google Naruto and found out that the version on that canal was crap and now I'm watching episodes with subtitles" and similar; it's a really good way to actually get more attention.. but only on younger audience <but always sth> xD

But I actually don't watch any of those so.. I have no idea what I'm doing here xd But really though, you make some funny comments like if it was REALLY the end of the world; Naruto anime is just a cartoon for children, even more censored than original 'masterpiece' manga, so it shouldn't be an issue that such firms like Disney buy it and do it even more censored :p <ahh, crap, what I'm saying xd>

DARK
September 10, 2009, 08:16 PM
Naruto is officially a "cash cow" if VIZ and/or TV Tokyo are selling it to Disney.

Wow, it's going to air on Disney XD?! One of the least seen channels ever. More people watch it on Cartoon Network and Disney. I understand if CN decided not to air the show, but why place it in an even worse hellhole?

Digimon: Data Squad (the last dubbed anime to have aired on that channel) was more strictly edited by Disney/Jetex than ANY instances of censorship Naruto dealt with on behalf of Cartoon Network.

Disney is targeted towards YOUNGER kids. Even on Jetex, they had STRICT censoring conditions. That means no blood, no mention of kill/death, etc. Cartoon Network kept those censoring conditions. This is basically screaming out little kids to bury their faces in the sandbox again.

[Cross]
September 10, 2009, 08:19 PM
Not exactly, supposedly, Disney XD has been receiving higher ratings than it's predicessor, and I believe that Disney is trying to bring more boys with their acquisition of marvel and now of Naruto. They are going for an edgier toon disney are settling for action/comedy.

weehoo107
September 10, 2009, 08:19 PM
But I actually don't watch any of those so.. I have no idea what I'm doing here xd But really though, you make some funny comments like if it was REALLY the end of the world; Naruto anime is just a cartoon for children, even more censored than original 'masterpiece' manga, so it shouldn't be an issue that such firms like Disney buy it and do it even more censored <ahh, crap, what I'm saying xd>

lol, that wouldn't be the end of the world, that would be hell freezing over xD

maybe I'm over-reacting, but everytime I heard "Disney' uttered, I shudder. It's just automatic.

yeah, but what if their parents look at the real thing and forbid them from watching the real thing?

DARK
September 10, 2009, 08:25 PM
;1561669']Not exactly, supposedly, Disney XD has been receiving higher ratings than it's predicessor, and I believe that Disney is trying to bring more boys with their acquisition of marvel and now of Naruto. They are going for an edgier toon disney are settling for action/comedy.

But is it really suitable to air something geared towards teens (to be specific, 10-18) on a channel for kids (6-9)? I really cannot imagine placing Naruto Shippuden on a channel that regularly airs Suite Life and Phineas and Ferb. Just a complete contrast.

juUnior
September 10, 2009, 08:26 PM
lol, that wouldn't be the end of the world, that would be hell freezing over xD
haha XD

maybe I'm over-reacting
No, no, wihu 007 <:p>, it' not maybe, you're just over-reacting xd

yeah, but what if their parents look at the real thing and forbid them from watching the real thing?
hmm, you think parents would do sth like that? Yours did sth like that to you? :p It's a different matter. The point is that kids can try to find more info on Naruto on the internet, and it can lead to "conversion" <seeing the real thing xD> starting by seeing the "kids cartoon" on tv.

CBlitz
September 10, 2009, 08:40 PM
maybe I'm over-reacting, but everytime I heard "Disney' uttered, I shudder. It's just automatic.

bah back in my day, when you heard Disney, you would be filled with joy!!!!

hmm, you think parents would do sth like that? Yours did sth like that to you? It's a different matter. The point is that kids can try to find more info on Naruto on the internet, and it can lead to "conversion" <seeing the real thing xD> starting by seeing the "kids cartoon" on tv.

indeed, I dont think many parents are hardcore enough to look up random animes to see if they're appropriate

AkatsukiNoTobi
September 10, 2009, 08:53 PM
Remember when Disney got into anime back in the day? Remember how they censored the hell out of Sailor Moon? Yeah...just remember back then.

DARK
September 10, 2009, 08:56 PM
Found out that their targeting demographic is for 6-14 year olds. 6 year olds?! OK, parents, would you want your kids to be exposed to crazy psychopaths that blow people/buildings up? Especially in some "sand" town that is somehow represented by Arabs? I don't think little kids nor their overprotective parents would judge openly for this.
And even though he is featured rather late in the series, you want your kids to be exposed to Hidan?! A man that stabs himself and loves it? He is choking up blood. We have men that smoke cigarettes.
Also, most people do not have Disney XD (you have to buy IO or something to watch it). Why put it on one of the least watched channels of all time? Hell, even Sci-Fy (which was notoriously known for airing dubbed "mature" anime) would be a better fit than the "too kiddy" demographic Disney XD holds.

CBlitz
September 10, 2009, 09:41 PM
Found out that their targeting demographic is for 6-14 year olds. 6 year olds?! OK, parents, would you want your kids to be exposed to crazy psychopaths that blow people/buildings up? Especially in some "sand" town that is somehow represented by Arabs? I don't think little kids nor their overprotective parents would judge openly for this.
And even though he is featured rather late in the series, you want your kids to be exposed to Hidan?! A man that stabs himself and loves it? He is choking up blood. We have men that smoke cigarettes.
Also, most people do not have Disney XD (you have to buy IO or something to watch it). Why put it on one of the least watched channels of all time? Hell, even Sci-Fy (which was notoriously known for airing dubbed "mature" anime) would be a better fit than the "too kiddy" demographic Disney XD holds.

well CN did a pretty good job with the original Naruto, so lets see what Disney does

kyubisharingan
September 10, 2009, 09:58 PM
Hope im not the only one expecting a "4Kids"-like Naruto.....They already ruined One Piece for me....dont make Disney turn the naruto dub i look forward to on Saturdays the same way...

slmcknett
September 10, 2009, 10:02 PM
"Believe it" was toned down a lot after the Chuunin exam, although I don't recall Naruto saying it ("dattebayo") that much in the original Japanese that much after that point either. So it wasn't like it was something that was really much of a big deal after a certain point anyway. The point I was saying earlier was that I wasn't fond of the translation. I would have preferred him saying "dattebayo" to "believe it."

Apparently somebody hasn't been paying attention. He finishes like every one of his sentences with 'ttebayo. He does it like twice an episode (maybe more depending on how much screentime he has that week).

ornis
September 10, 2009, 11:18 PM
Parts of this thread seem to fault Disney for being incapable of handling Naruto prematurely. Some people here also seem to hold skepticism toward or grudges against Disney for unclear reasons or shortcomings that are small, fractal mistakes in millions of triumphs that this company has endured.

That Walt Disney struck a merging deal with Marvel, a company very left-field of Disney's core soft-character market, means Disney is beyond another big contender in entertainment media business but remains so incredibly stable, aggressive, and adaptive it will absorb brand images going against its foundations to strengthen, grow, and evolve.

Perhaps some of you stereotype Disney into a children's demographic, even if by the target audience age group, despite the fact that many of it's classic animations have mature themes, albeit to youngsters they're subtle enough to consider the cartoons natural works of adults that serve a family-oriented audience.

Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, Beauty and the Beast, The Lion King, Toy Story, Wall-e, all of those films possess, though to some refutable degree, culturally significant and socially reflective mature themes in entertaining art form. But we aren't talking about feature length films when you speak of Shippuuden's series, this show is like snack food for the eyes.

How Disney works with Shippuuden should arguably be worth my gamble as there may exist some fiber or useful weight in the snack food, though much of the meaning may already be vague to grown audiences, especially if its themes inferrably or speculatively exist. One issue I see however, is that Viz is the dubber of USA's recent Naruto series and that probably means Disney will guide no part of the voice acting for Shippuuden.

Shippuuden's voice would otherwise feel in good hands, seeing as Disney holds commendable history with Japanese animation company, Studio Ghibli and it's renowned director, Hayao Miyazaki. With applaudable technical skill, Disney manages the translation of Miyazaki's work to our theatres and arguably preserves well the emotion of Japanese anime films outside of their native tongue.

bmjy1000
September 11, 2009, 01:21 AM
The only thing that we can do is to wait and see what happens. If Disney fucks up then don't watch it , not watching it will make ratings drop and have the show pull hopefully someone will pick it up. (hopefully adult swim)

Bohemia22
September 11, 2009, 06:29 AM
Shippuuden and Disney? What the hell. Sora fillers will suck even more than they did in the original (lolworthy voice acting, massive censore and who knows what else). And I thought that was impossible.

nat
September 11, 2009, 10:43 AM
Considering they're gonna dub shippuden, I don't see where the problem is.

It's not like Shippuden is an amazing animation and deserves prizes. At least it gets more exposure on Disney XD (What a silly name).

So why not?
Besides you're all gonna still watch it subbed :).

CBlitz
September 11, 2009, 10:55 AM
Considering they're gonna dub shippuden, I don't see where the problem is.

It's not like Shippuden is an amazing animation and deserves prizes. At least it gets more exposure on Disney XD (What a silly name).

So why not?
Besides you're all gonna still watch it subbed :).

roughly 4 episodes deserve prizes. The rest can burn in Gai vs. Gai hell

Mythsoul
September 11, 2009, 11:20 AM
well....I'm cool with it.....I dont really liked the translated voices anyhow.....they sound kinda annoying.....that believe it crap from the first part....was extremly annoying....most of us well keep our naruto fix as we are doing it now......

1st - Manga ,2nd - the subbed episodes that come out weekly that to me are the best .....the voices of all the characters feel better........so translated episodes will be for the masses that have no idea about the manga or the episodes from Japan

Tsukisama
September 11, 2009, 11:57 AM
Apparently somebody hasn't been paying attention. He finishes like every one of his sentences with 'ttebayo. He does it like twice an episode (maybe more depending on how much screentime he has that week).

Hmm... Maybe I wasn't (when you hear something a lot that you don't mind, you don't really notice it as much), but still my problem was more with "believe it" and not "dattebayo," which whenever I catch notice of it sounds rather adorable. :amuse

Anyway, I agree with MythSoul. Most of the people I know who really care about the dubbed episodes are those who only watch those and don't care about the original Japanese. The people who watched the first American dub series will get something roughly on the same level of content, and to them, it won't be that big of a deal. For those who already watch the Japanese version, you're still probably going to watch the Japanese version, and if you know people who think little of the American dub, introduce them to the Japanese version.

Also, I don't know if they still air it, but around Halloween, Disney would always show Hocus Pocus and in that movie, Billy the zombie gets his head knocked off and he keeps talking. So, we might get to see Hidan's talking head in the pit, but the dub will probably cut out part of the actual beheading, which wouldn't be terrible.

Lelo
September 11, 2009, 03:44 PM
im just happy ill get to see it in HD.

kai-uchiha
September 11, 2009, 04:07 PM
mmh, disney to air shippuuden, i can see why our american fanbase is mortified by the idea. i also watched: the lion king, jungle book, aladin and all the others in my childhood. but i don't think it's fair to condemn the idea only because it's disney.

clearly that company is evolving like someone already said in this thread.
after the corny fairy tales movies of the nineties stopped selling, disney moved on to computer animated movies
(i believe toy story and antz was made by disney)
they acquired pixar(also computer animation)

and now recently they moved into the American comic industry by purchasing marvel comics.

clearly the announced airing of shippuuden on their channel is part of a bigger plan.
and i wouldn't write them of just yet based on the silly image we all have of them

(mainly because of the lion king and such titles, although granted i thought their more recent work Narnia blew as hell also, but that was clearly an cheap attempt to copy harry potters success, at which they failed miserably)

perhaps this collaboration will work out better than any of you expected, i mean there does seem to be potential and good synergy between the two(viz and disney) to elevate naruto to a new heights in America.

at least you guys get naruto on cable(or used to get it n e way, as i understand disney is a pay per view channel)
over here in the Netherlands and most of the other European country's the fans are doomed to have to roam the internet for their weekly fix.....sigh, how unfair the world is...sob

lol nah just kidding

Essence
September 11, 2009, 05:33 PM
ok disney buying shipuuden has its pros and cons. the pros is that naruto will be even more popular than it is now with marketing and all kind of disney money making idea.The cons is that there will be a lot censored, for example when killer bee did a number on sasuke chest, when pain nuclear attack konoha. all the great moments of gore will cease to exist in the disney dub. but still i'm really not that concern about it, since we all have options here. we can watch the disney dub which will strip us down to our innocence or the sub where theres a little bit of gore and profanity, either way we have choices.

redred
September 11, 2009, 06:23 PM
ok disney buying shipuuden has its pros and cons. the pros is that naruto will be even more popular than it is now with marketing and all kind of disney money making idea.The cons is that there will be a lot censored, for example when killer bee did a number on sasuke chest, when pain nuclear attack konoha. all the great moments of gore will cease to exist in the disney dub. but still i'm really not that concern about it, since we all have options here. we can watch the disney dub which will strip us down to our innocence or the sub where theres a little bit of gore and profanity, either way we have choices.

for those of you that think disney is afraid of going to newer places, you should know that in the past its had some pretty violent shows (mainly anime that it borrowed from other networks that no longer showed em)
but still

also they seem to be trying new things, anybody hear of EPIC MICKEY?
http://offworld.com/2009/07/gallery-the-broke-down-steampu.html

Essence
September 11, 2009, 06:45 PM
for those of you that think disney is afraid of going to newer places, you should know that in the past its had some pretty violent shows (mainly anime that it borrowed from other networks that no longer showed em)
but still

also they seem to be trying new things, anybody hear of EPIC MICKEY?
http://offworld.com/2009/07/gallery-the-broke-down-steampu.html

like what gargoyle, you can't really compare these past shows to naruto or that disney won't censor a lot. even the sub censored some things in the manga, what makes you think disney won't do worse especially when its demographics are aim towards preteens?

CBlitz
September 12, 2009, 12:58 AM
like what gargoyle, you can't really compare these past shows to naruto or that disney won't censor a lot. even the sub censored some things in the manga, what makes you think disney won't do worse especially when its demographics are aim towards preteens?

uhhh isn't Naruto also aimed at pre-teens/teens?

DARK
September 12, 2009, 02:29 PM

This is Shippuden, meaning that it is a lot more mature than the original Naruto.

Essence
September 12, 2009, 09:47 PM

uhhh doesn't shipuuden have a more serious tone and content?

nat
September 12, 2009, 10:01 PM
My guess is that Japanese pre-teens are way different than Disney XD pre-teens :)

DARK
September 12, 2009, 11:35 PM
My guess is that Japanese pre-teens are way different than Disney XD pre-teens :)

Obviously. Naruto Shippuden generally has a teen audience compared to the original Naruto. Too "mature" to be a kiddy anime but not mature enough to be an adult anime. I guess if only TOONami were still around; as it was the mediator of the two.

vintagemistakes
September 12, 2009, 11:40 PM
If we forget about the demographic part the guy mentioned and forget about our self need to make Naruto more adult... out of all of shipuuden, what can't a 10 year old see?

I mean, you take away Hidans language(which would of happened on any channel) and a couple of scenes from Hidan vs Asuma and there really isn't that much "obscene" material in the other 100 episodes at all.

The idea that Disney is going to destroy the show is ludicrous.

Its already a kid show to begin with and is perfectly atone to a 10 yr olds need.

Plus, most of you won't watch it anyways(prefer subs over dubs) and anyone else that sees it will either have no idea that its been edited or will be a sub guy watching it out of pure curiosity...
[hr]

Obviously. Naruto Shippuden generally has a teen audience compared to the original Naruto. Too "mature" to be a kiddy anime but not mature enough to be an adult anime. I guess if only TOONami were still around; as it was the mediator of the two.
Well.... Toonami actually showed anime, while the current CN and Adult Swim show the same anime(bleach, death note, Inuyahsa) repeatedly one night a week.

CN has fallen fall.

CBlitz
September 12, 2009, 11:43 PM
uhhh doesn't shipuuden have a more serious tone and content?

not really, part one has all the same themes and motifs as part two. The only real difference is that the themes became the focus and the happy-go-luckly attitude took a backseat. VotE is probably the series's high-light as far as maturity is concerned, mainly because it was wonderfully complex on many different levels. Some of the recent manga arcs do compare though

Drmke
September 12, 2009, 11:45 PM
You never know, maybe Disney will do less edits to try and draw in a slightly older crowd (16-18). By less edits I mean, a little more blood, not editing out tobacco (CN didn't edit it out), and maybe keep a few pervy moments (or at least hint at them for comedy purposes).

slmcknett
September 13, 2009, 02:03 AM
If we forget about the demographic part the guy mentioned and forget about our self need to make Naruto more adult... out of all of shipuuden, what can't a 10 year old see?

I mean, you take away Hidans language(which would of happened on any channel) and a couple of scenes from Hidan vs Asuma and there really isn't that much "obscene" material in the other 100 episodes at all.

The idea that Disney is going to destroy the show is ludicrous.

Its already a kid show to begin with and is perfectly atone to a 10 yr olds need.

Plus, most of you won't watch it anyways(prefer subs over dubs) and anyone else that sees it will either have no idea that its been edited or will be a sub guy watching it out of pure curiosity...

There's much more than that that most parent's wouldn't want their kids watching, but I'm not going to get into that. Besides, Naruto's been rated T for teen for a long time (even during season 1), and that was just the original series. Shippuden is much more mature (although not as good), and I just don't like the idea of it being put on Disney. I mean Disney isn't all bad and it does show some shows that have its fair share of swearing, but I just can't see a show like Naruto Shippuden being aired on a channel thats aimed at little kids. Although, you're right in the last part; I'll just be watching it to see if they dubbed it well (which they won't).

Essence
September 13, 2009, 11:47 AM
not really, part one has all the same themes and motifs as part two. The only real difference is that the themes became the focus and the happy-go-luckly attitude took a backseat. VotE is probably the series's high-light as far as maturity is concerned, mainly because it was wonderfully complex on many different levels. Some of the recent manga arcs do compare though

OK with the theme became more focus, the story itself became more serious with the laughing gags lowering down, theres more deaths and more serious stuff from the manga shipuuden will have to show. Now if you Watch Avatar the last Airbender on Nick, it had a serious theme but because of its demographics toward 11 year old, they tone down some of the story element. now i'm not saing that Disney is gonna totally screw shipuuden but like i said Disney will tone down a lot because of its demographic.

Drmke
September 13, 2009, 12:16 PM
OK with the theme became more focus, the story itself became more serious with the laughing gags lowering down, theres more deaths and more serious stuff from the manga shipuuden will have to show. Now if you Watch Avatar the last Airbender on Nick, it had a serious theme but because of its demographics toward 11 year old, they tone down some of the story element. now i'm not saing that Disney is gonna totally screw shipuuden but like i said Disney will tone down a lot because of its demographic.

Yeah they probably will tone it down, but like its been said, not anymore than Cartoon Network. Both stations generally have the same target audience. More than likely there will still be blood, though not an excessive amount, still show Asuma smoking like normal, and still show people dying when they are supposed to.

I'm just glad its finally gonna be aired somewhere in the States. Hell, maybe they will show the older Naruto too because CN never did finished running it.

slmcknett
September 13, 2009, 12:47 PM
I'm just glad its finally gonna be aired somewhere in the States. Hell, maybe they will show the older Naruto too because CN never did finished running it.

Well, I don't think anybody cares about that. They only didn't air the last 9 episodes IIRC, and those are all filler episodes. And they're all out on DVD now, so I don't see the point of them airing them now.

Drmke
September 13, 2009, 01:24 PM
Well, I don't think anybody cares about that. They only didn't air the last 9 episodes IIRC, and those are all filler episodes. And they're all out on DVD now, so I don't see the point of them airing them now.

Well the people who don't have access to the internet and can't afford to buy the dvds will care :p Even though they were fillers the last episode had Naruto leaving to train and without seeing that, there could be a little confusion when Shippuuden starts up.

raptor02_2001
September 15, 2009, 02:53 AM
Well the people who don't have access to the internet and can't afford to buy the dvds will care :p Even though they were fillers the last episode had Naruto leaving to train and without seeing that, there could be a little confusion when Shippuuden starts up.

Disney will on cable .. not free channel unless Saturday morning ... i dont think Disney Saturday will not show unless Cable Disney channel will show but for me .. better to buy DVD in box set( not bootleg) than watch cable ...

most of people prefer to use internet to watch tv than cable tv...

kyubisharingan
September 15, 2009, 09:01 AM
If we forget about the

lol i guessing you dont know that what is tolerated in Japan for "kids", is way different than it is in America. They say it targets 6-14 year olds...Maybe in Japan, but the stuff they have in pretty much any shounen anime/manga is not suitable for any 6 year old in America

Shippuden is way mature than the original Naruto was. Now, when it comes to the Immortals Arc, whether on CN or not, there were gonna be edits, no doubt about it.

But ever since Disney bought Marvel, maybe they really are trying to appease to male teens and might actually surprise us.

Alterno
September 15, 2009, 01:04 PM
it's the end of the world as we know it.

I won't go that far, I believe that we should watch what Disney is doing lately, they started to invest in Japanese animation studios almost a decade ago and in their channels they are starting to show Japanese animation, buying marvel recently, etc...

And is obvious that they want to expend the range of age of their viewers after the failing in doing that with series like Hanna Montana, etc. I don't high hopes either, but is indeed an interesting transformation of Disney and Disney new channel "XD".

Blackout286
September 15, 2009, 02:46 PM
Hmmm...I don't know...Naruto's 4TK Transformation against Orochimaru...Hidan's Jutsus and fight scenes and Sasori's Death scene comes to mind. They will censor that stuff.

We don't want a kid trying to do Hidan's rituals with a real sharp tool and kill himself. A kid burying his head in sand and killing himself is enough.

slmcknett
September 15, 2009, 03:17 PM
Hmmm...I don't know...Naruto's 4TK Transformation against Orochimaru...Hidan's Jutsus and fight scenes and Sasori's Death scene comes to mind. They will censor that stuff.

We don't want a kid trying to do Hidan's rituals with a real sharp tool and kill himself. A kid burying his head in sand and killing himself is enough.

Also Sai's penis jokes and Hidan's entire vocabulary. And Kakuzu's flashback with him ripping out someone's heart. Not to mention Itachi trying to rip out his little brother's eye.:darn

DARK
September 15, 2009, 03:20 PM
They will not change the Shippuden dub in its entirety as most people would believe. They will edit out most of the "teen" stuff (i.e. blood, fights, etc.) There should really not be some quick assumption unless we compare the Shippuden dub episodes on the DVDS and the episodes projected to air on Disney XD in the fall.

Galbert-Kun
September 15, 2009, 03:39 PM
They are going to botch shippuden like they did Sonic X.

SuperSaiyaMan
September 15, 2009, 03:54 PM
VIZ is doing the dubbing, and I don't see them editting out a lot anymore given how they have Marvel properties airing that have just as much violence as well as adult situations. Consider they air now: X-Men: TAS, X-Men: Evolution, Spectacular Spider-Man, Spider-Man TAS, Superman TAS, Batman TAS, and Superman TAS (including the incredibly bloody fight in Legacy which was completely uneditted), we don't have to worry much.

And blame Sonic X's suckiness on 4Kids, since THEY did the dubbing and aired it on their Fox Box/4Kids TV.

DARK
September 15, 2009, 04:22 PM

Two entirely different dubbing companies. 4Kids is notoriously known for butchering up anime. And since they ran their own channel, what you see is what they did.
Naruto Shippuden is dubbed by VIZ and will probably be edited out by Disney. It's not like we have Disney stars dubbing it. One of the last anime they aired on that channel, Digimon Savers (called Digimon Data Squad in english). It just aired on the channel and Viz dubbed the show (no Disney guys).
The ONE edit that was over the top was the editing of a bomb to a fruit in one episode. For the most part, they were consistent with the original.

CBlitz
September 16, 2009, 03:00 PM
yeah I don't think Disney can really screw up the show as long as Viz has the rights to it

SuperSaiyaMan
September 16, 2009, 03:07 PM
yeah I don't think Disney can really screw up the show as long as Viz has the rights to it
We may get lucky and Viz or Kishimoto could say "No Edits' like Miyazaki's company did for his movies.

CBlitz
September 16, 2009, 03:12 PM
We may get lucky and Viz or Kishimoto could say "No Edits' like Miyazaki's company did for his movies.

Didn't Miyazaki's company send a katana to Disney as threat, for the whole "No cuts" stuff? It'd be awesome if they did that for Naruto.....but it is a threat :)

Essence
September 16, 2009, 03:51 PM

you never know, disney could do the same fox kids did to One Piece

SuperSaiyaMan
September 16, 2009, 06:48 PM
you never know, disney could do the same fox kids did to One Piece
Wrong. You do know who dubbed One Piece originally? 4Kids. Who owned the Fox Box/4Kids TV. Disney can't dub Naruto since VIZ owns the rights to dub it.

ninjaman
September 16, 2009, 08:40 PM
Disney?????? WHAT THE F! as if the bad acting voices wouldn't be bad enough.

kyubisharingan
September 16, 2009, 09:12 PM
about thinking about it...i think we should all just look at this with a positive attitude and just hope for the best. As far as we know, VIZ still owns the rights and is doing the dub.

I think Disney knows that fans of the dub have high expectations and expect to see what they saw on CN or even better. If Disney lets us down, then we could just stop watching it, the ratings will go down, and it will be cancelled from Disney XD and hopefully picked up by another station that will do it justice.

just thank god 4kids didnt get a hold of it.....why CN let it go.....i'll never know....

slmcknett
September 16, 2009, 09:37 PM
Disney?????? WHAT THE F! as if the bad acting voices wouldn't be bad enough.

I hope you do realize that VIZ is still doing the dubbing. It's just being aired on the Disney channel. Get a grip.

Senjuto
September 16, 2009, 10:13 PM
No thanks, SuperSaiyaMan. I'm sticking to the online episodes. Not watching censored media.

SuperSaiyaMan
September 17, 2009, 12:28 AM
No thanks, SuperSaiyaMan. I'm sticking to the online episodes. Not watching censored media.
Look, I'd be happy seeing it uncut, but there's concessions that have to be made. And really, watching it on a small screen is better than watching it on a television? You got your priorities mixed up.

ninjaman
September 17, 2009, 12:45 AM
why be happy about english dub episodes when i already seen them? only thing i can look forward to is to how bad the voices sound...
[hr]

exactly that news made me laugh but i feel sorry for the kid. Should leave dub on adult swim.

CBlitz
September 17, 2009, 06:29 PM
why be happy about english dub episodes when i already seen them? only thing i can look forward to is to how bad the voices sound...
<hr noshade size="1">

exactly that news made me laugh but i feel sorry for the kid. Should leave dub on adult swim.

Viz's dub is pretty good, wtf are you talking about?

Drmke
September 18, 2009, 09:40 AM
Should leave dub on adult swim.

The dub was never in the hands of the people at Adult Swim nor did they ever even air it...Viz handled the dubs before and they are still doing them. This really isn't as big a deal as people are making it.

Narosian
September 20, 2009, 10:10 AM
hopefully Disney will air it at a reasonable time and not at like 1230 or 1am like cartoon network does bleach.

Lunarangel12
September 20, 2009, 10:39 AM
Here are the times for Naruto Shippuden on Disney XD copied and pasted it from the forums at naruto.viz.com:

This is when naruto is begining. Note times may change. Thank you Burgundy Ranger. All times eastern

Naruto: Shippuden on Disney XD
Wed Oct 28 - 8:30 p.m. - 101 - Homecoming
Wed Oct 28 - 9 p.m. - 102 - The Akatsuki Makes Its Move
Wed Oct 28 - 9:30 p.m. - 103 - The Results of Training
Wed Oct 28 - 10 p.m. - 104 - The Jinchuriki of the Sand

link: http://naruto.viz.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23592

matsemann08
September 21, 2009, 12:16 PM
OMG, is the name of the channel realy Disney XD
That's.... xD

slmcknett
September 21, 2009, 01:35 PM
Here are the times for Naruto Shippuden on Disney XD copied and pasted it from the forums at naruto.viz.com:

This is when naruto is begining. Note times may change. Thank you Burgundy Ranger. All times eastern

link: http://naruto.viz.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23592

Hopefully after that it does one episode a week instead of just clumping 4 at the end of the month. Oh well, it's a good time. I wonder what they'll censor in just those 4 episodes?

CBlitz
September 21, 2009, 01:36 PM
Hopefully after that it does one episode a week instead of just clumping 4 at the end of the month. Oh well, it's a good time. I wonder what they'll censor in just those 4 episodes?

the only thing that comes to mind in the first 4 eps are Konohamaru's sexy jutsu and Deidara's arm getting torn off.....

Lelo
September 21, 2009, 02:38 PM
I wish CN would put it on aldult swim like they do Bleach. But DisneyXD is seriously for kids under the age 12. Right now they play shows like Spiderman, Xmen, EvenStevens, ect... Shippuuden will eventually get cancelld cause of poor ratings or complaints and hopeflly it gets pcked up by some other channel, maybe ScyFy channel. They already have Anime Mondays where they play a bunch of anime. But I am happy that I'll get to see it on my big LCD screen in HD.

Kozar927
September 21, 2009, 04:06 PM
Ok i put up with the fillers
I put up with the bad animation,
all I wanted was my precious dub as I like it much better

and now this BS. I feel like crying. Someone please tell me we at least get DvD releases uncut with the dub. please Oh please.

CBlitz
September 21, 2009, 04:21 PM
Ok i put up with the fillers
I put up with the bad animation,
all I wanted was my precious dub as I like it much better

and now this BS. I feel like crying. Someone please tell me we at least get DvD releases uncut with the dub. please Oh please.

obviously we're still gonna get uncut DVDs, Viz is still in charge of that. People are kinda overreating to this now

SuperSaiyaMan
September 21, 2009, 04:21 PM
I wish CN would put it on aldult swim like they do Bleach. But DisneyXD is seriously for kids under the age 12. Right now they play shows like Spiderman, Xmen, EvenStevens, ect... Shippuuden will eventually get cancelld cause of poor ratings or complaints and hopeflly it gets pcked up by some other channel, maybe ScyFy channel. They already have Anime Mondays where they play a bunch of anime. But I am happy that I'll get to see it on my big LCD screen in HD.
Another kid not doing any research. Spider-Man, X-Men, X-Men Evolution, Batman: The ANimated Series, Gargoyles, Superman...they are not for kids. They have mature themes and weren't canceled. Stop thinking this is the worst thing ever, okay? Its starting to get really fricking annoying.

lexx
September 21, 2009, 11:41 PM
1 - you guys were never going to watch it dubbed. It's not like you'll miss out; the show's free to watch in the USA every freaking day on crunchyroll.

You'll bitch and moan and piss in your cornflakes about dubbing quality, censorship, etc, but in the end, you're still going to watch the damned show in its original form, and you're even getting it from the official source on the day it airs!

Kozar927
September 22, 2009, 01:44 AM
1 - you guys were never going to watch it dubbed. It's not like you'll miss out; the show's free to watch in the USA every freaking day on crunchyroll.

You'll bitch and moan and piss in your cornflakes about dubbing quality, censorship, etc, but in the end, you're still going to watch the damned show in its original form, and you're even getting it from the official source on the day it airs!

Actully im a Dub fan so dont speak for all of us please. Dub quality means alot to me

Lelo
September 22, 2009, 02:04 AM
Another kid not doing any research. Spider-Man, X-Men, X-Men Evolution, Batman: The ANimated Series, Gargoyles, Superman...they are not for kids. They have mature themes and weren't canceled. Stop thinking this is the worst thing ever, okay? Its starting to get really fricking annoying.

Calm down, I was just posting my opinion and I'm not another kid, I'm older than u and what do u mean I didn't research? What's there to research? Those shows are for kids. I watched most of them when I was a kid and I still watch them here and their and don't get me wrong their all great shows and fun to watch, that's why I still watch them sometimes but don't even compare those shows to any Japanese anime. Theirs waaaaay more gore and deaths. It's bad enough that Japan is cutting out parts that u would see in the Manga, imagine what Disney will do. I'm still going to watch it because I love anything Naruto and I'll get to watch them in HD but we are just butt hurt it's not on another channel, basically anything but Disney. And if we're annoying u then keep it to urself, theirs no point in posting it

kyubisharingan
September 22, 2009, 08:23 AM

yes while they had mature themes, last i checked, there was no blood. Those shows were made in a way that kids wouldnt be totally influenced on what was shown. I know, i used to watch those programs

Rykonoha3390
September 22, 2009, 10:49 AM
I doubt it would have lasted long on Adult Swim anyways... I'm still counting down to the day that Bleach and Full Metal Alchemist are taken off the air for more crappy Family Guy reruns... Adult Swim has a horrible track record for keeping anime on the air... I really don't mind Disney taking over it if it's gonna be on XD... The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air was just on there the other day with sex and drug references still intact... The only thing I'm hoping for is that this doesn't get butchered as bad as my favorite manga (One Piece) did in America...

SuperSaiyaMan
September 22, 2009, 02:28 PM
yes while they had mature themes, last i checked, there was no blood. Those shows were made in a way that kids wouldnt be totally influenced on what was shown. I know, i used to watch those programs
Superman: TAS and Gargoyles proves you wrong. Hell, first episode with Gargoyles we open up with Goliath catching a sword with his hand, starting to bleed, etc. And then in the end of the first series of episodes, we have the genocide of the Wyvern Clan. And the famous gun episode where Elisa is laying in a pool of blood.

B:TAS, S:TAS, and Gargoyles had blood shown. They are on the level of the Naruto: Shippuden (most of the time)'s violence and everything.
[hr]

Calm down, I was just posting my opinion and I'm not another kid, I'm older than u and what do u mean I didn't research? What's there to research? Those shows are for kids. I watched most of them when I was a kid and I still watch them here and their and don't get me wrong their all great shows and fun to watch, that's why I still watch them sometimes but don't even compare those shows to any Japanese anime. Theirs waaaaay more gore and deaths. It's bad enough that Japan is cutting out parts that u would see in the Manga, imagine what Disney will do. I'm still going to watch it because I love anything Naruto and I'll get to watch them in HD but we are just butt hurt it's not on another channel, basically anything but Disney. And if we're annoying u then keep it to urself, theirs no point in posting it
Many shows are written for kids but turn out to go beyond their target audience. Batman: The Animated Series had episodes with blood and graphic transformations, Superman: The Animated Series had the final fight completely uncensored where Superman nearly killed Darksied by blowing most of his brain off, Gargoyles had a genocide in the first episode and blood and even swears in it, X-Men: TAS and Evolution had racial violence as well as violence where blood was drawn at times. So we really have nothing to worry about since Disney didn't cut any of that out. Disney, I doubt they'll do anything more than what CN did for censoring. You have seen their distribution of Studio Ghibdi's films, right? I don't think there is anything to worry about.

And dude, if you're three years older than me, type better?

Kozar927
September 22, 2009, 03:46 PM
you cant seriously think mature themes is just about blood and gore. Most anime naruto included is far more mature the crap like batman. They deal with themes like life and growing up, dealing with hard ships and many other things little kids watching disney wont get nor be entertained by. compairing themes present in anime with themes in american cartoons is fail.

SuperSaiyaMan
September 22, 2009, 06:33 PM
you cant seriously think mature themes is just about blood and gore. Most anime naruto included is far more mature the crap like batman. They deal with themes like life and growing up, dealing with hard ships and many other things little kids watching disney wont get nor be entertained by. compairing themes present in anime with themes in american cartoons is fail.
And you can't seriously think that Batman: The Animated series doesn't cover those things. Kozar, why don't you actually watch the series before commenting? And Kozar, you're kind of acting like an idiot equating American Animation=solely for little kids.

Lets see what shows cover things like Racisim and racial violence? X-Men Evolution, X-Men: TAS, Gargoyles, even Batman: TAS had this. Does Shippuden cover anything like that? No.

SuperSaiyaMan
September 22, 2009, 08:09 PM
Lol its kinda annoying how a lot of people think only anime can be deep and meaningful
Indeed. Anime is great, but most of the 'mainstream' doesn't deal with issues like racism, war, genocide, crime, racial violence, intolerance, etc.

Kevin M
September 22, 2009, 08:11 PM
Lol its kinda annoying how a lot of people think only anime can be deep and meaningful

Yeah.

The best graphic novels can easily match up with the best manga. It is the same with any cartoon, or television show matching up with anime or overseas show. Each side has something that puts them on that "Holy Shit, that is awesome" stage. To say one can't do it because of such and such is just retarded.

Kozar927
September 22, 2009, 08:12 PM
Indeed. Anime is great, but most of the 'mainstream' doesn't deal with issues like racism, war, genocide, crime, racial violence, intolerance, etc.

See now your just flat out lieing.

FYI you dont win on lies.
But im just done with this convo. No more outta me its not that you dont have valid openions it just seems so strange to me I could never understand it so no sence in continuing this.
I have seen / read all the media you are talking about and watchmen is the only one I would even call good. The rest are crap and to say watchmen is even in the same league as NGE makes me laugh myself silly

Kevin M
September 22, 2009, 08:17 PM
[QUOTE=Kozar927;1586491]See now your just flat out lieing.

FYI you dont win on lies./QUOTE]

Would you care to name some examples of mainstream titles dealing with the forementioned issues?

Kozar927
September 22, 2009, 08:26 PM
Even tho I said I was done with this argument Ill humor you

Racism - Fullmetal Alchemist, Elfin Lied, Sword of The Stranger, inuyasha

War - Fullmetal Alchemist, Samurai X, Naruto, Gundam Wing (Ah Hell all the gundams) THERES JUST SO MANY IN THIS CATAGORY I DONT FEEL LIKE GOING ON

Genocide - Gantz, Fullmetal Alchemist (-___- Again oddly enough), Neon Genesis Evangelion,

OMG the rest he listed are just repetitive. Basicly look at my anime list I just made an account so its far from compleate but basicly everything on their meets ALL and MOre of the catagories above.
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Kozar927

DARK
September 22, 2009, 08:37 PM
Anime has aired on Disney XD before. What most fans probably hate about the idea is how edited it will end up. We cannot have psychopaths stabbing themselves or people blowing themselves up. That's way over the top even with Cartoon Network's standards. Other than Deidara and Hidan, there is little else that will be over the top edited. I'm just glad that it is airing on TV (even if it is on one of those "extra channels").
Personally they're going beyond what is expected of them by airing The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air (a show with a teen demographic).

Kevin M
September 22, 2009, 08:44 PM
Even tho I said I was done with this argument Ill humor you

Racism - Fullmetal Alchemist, Elfin Lied, Sword of The Stranger, inuyasha

War - Fullmetal Alchemist, Samurai X, Naruto, Gundam Wing (Ah Hell all the gundams) THERES JUST SO MANY IN THIS CATAGORY I DONT FEEL LIKE GOING ON

Genocide - Gantz, Fullmetal Alchemist (-___- Again oddly enough), Neon Genesis Evangelion,

OMG the rest he listed are just repetitive. Basicly look at my anime list I just made an account so its far from compleate but basicly everything on their meets ALL and MOre of the catagories above.
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Kozar927

A good number of titles you listed are not mainstream at all.

Gantz
Elfin Lied
Samurai X
The Sword of The Stranger
FLCL
Trigun
Wolfs Rain

Al these where aimed for older audiances, and where allowed to explore mature subject matter in greater depth. Inuyasha touches on the topic of racism, but not on that deep a level.

It really depends on the Gundam series also. Some do a better job of dealing with war, and it's effects then others.

FMA is really the only big name seires that does a very good job of dealing with that subject matter.

Drmke
September 22, 2009, 08:45 PM
I doubt it would have lasted long on Adult Swim anyways... I'm still counting down to the day that Bleach and Full Metal Alchemist are taken off the air for more crappy Family Guy reruns... Adult Swim has a horrible track record for keeping anime on the air... I really don't mind Disney taking over it if it's gonna be on XD... The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air was just on there the other day with sex and drug references still intact... The only thing I'm hoping for is that this doesn't get butchered as bad as my favorite manga (One Piece) did in America...

Well, Adult Swim has trouble keeping anime on the air because no one watches it....they constantely do bumps about how they are tired of anime fans whinning that they don't get enough anime and when they finally show anime the rating are terrible. If more people would watch it, then there would probably be ass-loads of it like back in the day.

Itazuk
September 24, 2009, 07:42 PM
Naruto Shippuuden made an appearance on DisneyXD's channel commercials since lastnight: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIQT9wOs2KE

Lelo
September 25, 2009, 01:21 AM
Superman: TAS and Gargoyles proves you wrong. Hell, first episode with Gargoyles we open up with Goliath catching a sword with his hand, starting to bleed, etc. And then in the end of the first series of episodes, we have the genocide of the Wyvern Clan. And the famous gun episode where Elisa is laying in a pool of blood.

B:TAS, S:TAS, and Gargoyles had blood shown. They are on the level of the Naruto: Shippuden (most of the time)'s violence and everything.
<hr noshade size="1">

Many shows are written for kids but turn out to go beyond their target audience. Batman: The Animated Series had episodes with blood and graphic transformations, Superman: The Animated Series had the final fight completely uncensored where Superman nearly killed Darksied by blowing most of his brain off, Gargoyles had a genocide in the first episode and blood and even swears in it, X-Men: TAS and Evolution had racial violence as well as violence where blood was drawn at times. So we really have nothing to worry about since Disney didn't cut any of that out. Disney, I doubt they'll do anything more than what CN did for censoring. You have seen their distribution of Studio Ghibdi's films, right? I don't think there is anything to worry about.

And dude, if you're three years older than me, type better?

dont ever make fun of someones english on this website, we're either not good at speaking it, typing fast, young or just not as smart as some others. And I dont even know what ur talking about, what did I say wrong? Im starting to think u just like attacking people, trust me, its a waste of time

By the way do you read the Manga? If yeah, you should be at least a little bit dissapointed. Are wish is to see everything in the Manga on tv, but sadly that wont happen, not even in Japan

CBlitz
September 25, 2009, 04:30 PM
I wonder how well it will do with Disney's target audience...Shippuuden seemed kinda out of place with all those other cartoons

Drmke
September 26, 2009, 08:41 PM
I wonder how well it will do with Disney's target audience...Shippuuden seemed kinda out of place with all those other cartoons

I think it will do just fine. Even if Shippuuden is more mature than the first Naruto, its still Naruto. And Naruto is extremely popular wiht the target audience Disney is after.

The only reason it failed on Cartoon Network was becasue of the fillers. CN probably got worried that that would reflect the entire interest in the series period and dropped it for their otehr popular shows.

HPTR Fangirl
October 16, 2009, 08:05 PM
Source: Viz Media (http://naruto.viz.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27785) and Toon Zone (http://forums.toonzone.net/showthread.php?t=236663)
Titles for the November episodes of Naruto Shippuden was announced

Wed Nov 4 - 8:30 p.m. - 105 -The Kazekage Stands Tall
Wed Nov 18 - 8:30 p.m. - 106 - Mission Cleared

Also no Naruto Shippuden episode for the week of November 11.

CBlitz
October 16, 2009, 08:17 PM
I don't have high hopes for the dub right now, mainly because the anime is terrible for the first 70 episodes

slmcknett
October 16, 2009, 08:35 PM
I don't have high hopes for the dub right now, mainly because the anime is terrible for the first 70 episodes

Lol. You've got that right. I've already seen the first 8 dubbed episodes, and believe me, they aren't anything special. Alright. Maybe mediocre. But I'm just hoping to see the good episodes dubbed later on.

Aikidoka
October 16, 2009, 10:23 PM
I don't know how Naruto Shippuuden will do on Disney, but it can't turn out well. Considering Disney's target audience...I mean, we can't ever actually see someone dying in Disney movies can we? So for one thing we'll have a story about ninjas that don't actually kill anyone on-screen. What's going to happen to the Uchiha backstory? The whole clan died from an illness and Sasuke hates Itachi just for some dumb reason?

What else are we going to see, purity rings instead of the Sexy no Jutsu? Are we not going to see any violence either?

Disney's going to have to completely change the anime, not just put in a few censors. We'll end up with a heavily-bowlderized, family-friendly shell of what used to be Naruto.

SuperSaiyaMan
October 16, 2009, 10:33 PM
I don't know how Naruto Shippuuden will do on Disney, but it can't turn out well. Considering Disney's target audience...I mean, we can't ever actually see someone dying in Disney movies can we? So for one thing we'll have a story about ninjas that don't actually kill anyone on-screen. What's going to happen to the Uchiha backstory? The whole clan died from an illness and Sasuke hates Itachi just for some dumb reason?
Dude, we have seen people die in Disney Movies. Many, MANY, MANY times. Hell, you've heard of the show 'Gargoyle's correct? Batman: The Animated Series level writing as well as violence and everything. And you do know that Disney bought Marvel, correct?

We will see people die on screen. Stop it with the stupid overreacting.

What else are we going to see, purity rings instead of the Sexy no Jutsu? Are we not going to see any violence either?
We're seeing both. Dude, do some damn fucking research before you post.

Disney's going to have to completely change the anime, not just put in a few censors. We'll end up with a heavily-bowlderized, family-friendly shell of what used to be Naruto.
No, they won't. They promised they won't. Hell, you do know that they dub the Miyazaki films, correct?

Not only that, its VIZ doing the dubbing.

Do the damn research kid and don't jump to conclusions.

Lightsnake
October 16, 2009, 10:43 PM
Yeah, nobody ever dies in a Disney movie. Except Snow White's stepmother. Or Gaston. Or Ursula (Graphically impaled, mind)...or Mufasa. Or Quasimodo's mother (Who had her head slammed on hard stone steps). Or Frollo (Who plunged head first into molten metal)...or...you know, I'll stop here. People DO die in Disney films and it's not always family friendly. Hell, Disney shows? Gargoyles...people died there, death was routinely brought up...this is Disney Xd to boot, intended for older viewers. And we haven't even gotten into Pixar...or any number of other studios Disney owns

This doesn't warrant a comment

You're aware Disney isn't doing the dubbing? They're just AIRING it.

weehoo107
October 18, 2009, 08:25 AM
I've thought over my position on this and have decided that maybe this won't be as bad as I originally thought. Even though I watch the dubs, I would like to be able to watch it on TV.

The only thing we can do is hope for the best and prepare for the worst. ;)
Though I don't think I'll actually watch the first few episodes or filler.... that wouldn't help at all lol.

Is voice acting going to be the same? I am curious.

rell250
October 18, 2009, 09:14 AM

Lol one of those ppl who wants everything perfect. The anime was pretty decent actually for the first70 episodes minus all the filler crap. Stop being one of those ppl who just arent satisfied. Accept things and be greatful that theyre getting even better at it finally with Jiraiya vs Pain.

CBlitz
October 18, 2009, 05:58 PM
Lol one of those ppl who wants everything perfect. The anime was pretty decent actually for the first70 episodes minus all the filler crap. Stop being one of those ppl who just arent satisfied. Accept things and be greatful that theyre getting even better at it finally with Jiraiya vs Pain.

oh lol so its wrong to have expectations now? The first 70 eps had either terrible animation or terrible pacing. If it were handled like Hidan/Kakuzu/Recent arcs than I would have enjoyed it. And I really enjoed the recent eps too. So don't start spouting stupid shit when you don't know what you're talking about

slmcknett
October 19, 2009, 07:41 PM

Maybe if you didn't read the manga then you would think that the first 2 canon storylines were good, but otherwise you would know that they did have completely horrible pacing. The first arc is 4 books, but it was done in over 30 episodes (almost double that of the Zabuza arc, which was about the same length in the manga). Then the Sasuke arc comes in, which was a bit better, but still way to drawn out. Then we had some stupid fillers that started out alright, but got worse as the story progressed. By the time the Hidan arc come around, I had completely lost hope, but I got a little back by keeping on watching. That arc was the first good arc that Shippuden had ever seen. Too bad we got the Yukimaru arc afterwards (what a frickin waste of time, huh?).

CBlitz
October 19, 2009, 10:05 PM
some VA info is trickling in, looks like Tobi is gonna be voiced by the guy who did Hoenheim for the FMA dub

Castriota
October 20, 2009, 03:27 AM
i can sort of see that va doing tobi after he is revealed but I dunno how it'll be when hes silly tobi. might be weird.

slmcknett
October 20, 2009, 01:59 PM
some VA info is trickling in, looks like Tobi is gonna be voiced by the guy who did Hoenheim for the FMA dub

Yeah, Scott McNeil, right? He also plays Koga in InuYasha. I heard him talk a few night ago on [Adult Swim] and I was thinking, "No way is this guy playing goofy, little Tobi." But, the confirmed voices for Pain and Zetsu aren't too bad. It's Troy Baker and Travis Willingham, IIRC. They were revealed in the latest PSP game, Akatsuki Rising (or something of that nature). So far, the VA roster is looking pretty good for Shippuden.

CBlitz
October 20, 2009, 02:35 PM
What those two done before? And lol didn't kakashi's VA do the dub voice for Pain at the end of part one?

SuperSaiyaMan
October 28, 2009, 08:35 PM
Alright, from the first two episodes, there is still a lot of room for improvement. Luckily its rated PG and we'll probably be seeing blood and hearing 'kill' once it gets its stride.

eviesaur
October 28, 2009, 08:57 PM
It disappointed me that they took minor words out like "hell" and "pervy", because I'm a very uncensored person, so I like profanity/inappropriate words.

-1 point: lol CUTIE JUTSU

+1 point: I think they still call Jiraiya's books Makeout Paradise. I might have heard it wrong though.

CBlitz
October 28, 2009, 09:09 PM
It disappointed me that they took minor words out like "hell" and "pervy", because I'm a very uncensored person, so I like profanity/inappropriate words.

-1 point: lol CUTIE JUTSU

+1 point: I think they still call Jiraiya's books Makeout Paradise. I might have heard it wrong though.

wut

eviesaur
October 28, 2009, 09:11 PM
wut

What part are you confused by?

Disney XD edited out a few parts and replaced Sexy Jutsu/Pervy Jutsu with "Cutie Jutsu"....

CBlitz
October 28, 2009, 09:20 PM
butbutbutbutbutbut they kept in Sexy Jutsu in the CN edited dub!!!!! *spasms*

eviesaur
October 28, 2009, 09:22 PM
Yeah I know. That's why I put -1 point for them because little kids watch CN AND Disney-- so Disney really didn't have a valid reason for editing out the word "sexy" or "pervy". Idk, Disney's gay.
I kinda hope no one watches Shippuden on XD so then they cancel and either A; put it on a different station, or B; just continue with the uncut DVDs.

SuperSaiyaMan
October 28, 2009, 09:31 PM
Yeah I know. That's why I put -1 point for them because little kids watch CN AND Disney-- so Disney really didn't have a valid reason for editing out the word "sexy" or "pervy". Idk, Disney's gay.
I kinda hope no one watches Shippuden on XD so then they cancel and either A; put it on a different station, or B; just continue with the uncut DVDs.
They are still basically testing the waters. Disney isn't used to letting a PG rated show on one of their networks.

CBlitz
October 28, 2009, 09:32 PM
>__>
this won't end well...AT ALL

SuperSaiyaMan
October 28, 2009, 09:34 PM
>__>
this won't end well...AT ALL
We did start to hear more 'kill' and less 'destroy' as the dub progressed, Crimsonblitz.

CBlitz
October 28, 2009, 09:45 PM
heh I know I'm just being paranoid

HPTR Fangirl
October 28, 2009, 10:35 PM
It seems that they changed the animation for ED, but they still kept the "Shooting Stars" song for ED. It wasn't as bad as some made it out to be.

[hr]
So Scott McNeil will be Tobi's VA right.

danzilla3
October 29, 2009, 12:16 AM
I didn't think it was too bad, though it certainly has room to improve. It could be worse. They could have made the shuriken green, add recorded over the original Opening and ending with some kind of 'ninja rap'. (shudder)

pain666
October 29, 2009, 01:20 AM

first 70??? it was terrible until kakashi gaiden which was 118?? forgot xD

it used to be so bad! but now im exited to wake up early to watch new eps

Brill
October 29, 2009, 01:03 PM
Clearly, Disney "PG" varies significantly from Cartoon Network "PG". The omisssion of Sasuke pulling out his sword to use it on Naruto. Apparently that's bad, but throwing shuriken at someone is ok. Apparently you can't say sexy or pervy on Disney so Konohamaru's sexy jutsu got edited very badly as well. So what is Naruto gonna called Jiraiya all this time?

The biggest issue, however, wasn't the edits, but the additions. Fodder ninja who got killed we're dubbed over as groaning so they weren't dead. They gonna do this when Asuma or the Akatsuki die. No, they're not dead, they're just sleeping there.

The Disney censor police are in full swing and this series had a lot more violence in upcoming episodes that they can't just omit. For example, the latest epsiode where Jiraiyra loses his arm. They gonna put an arm there so it doesn't look like he lost it? CN was overwhelmed by all this material and allowed more unaltered content to make in on the ariwaves. I wonder if hte saem thing will happen to Disney. We at least we still have the uncut DVD's to watch.

I'm just wondering how far they are going to with theses additions to make a show that is not a Disney show into a Disney show.

slmcknett
October 29, 2009, 06:03 PM
List of changes that I saw.

1) Sasuke didn't draw his sword in the intro.
2) Sexy Jutsu is Cutie Jutsu.
3) The word "perv" is changed into "hottie".
4) The dead ninja all groan.
5) Deidara's guinea pigs for his art aren't shown exploding.
6) All the swears are taken out.
7) The word "dead" is now "destroyed".

My advice, just watch the Uncut version on Dubhappy.com. They're already on Episode 12 and it sounds pretty good to me (Hidan is voiced by Grimmjow's VA XD).

kyubisharingan
October 29, 2009, 07:27 PM
"grave disappointment in the future, I sense" - Yoda....naahh

I KNOW Disney must known how fans would react to Shippuden being show on their network, knowing we would have low expectations... so they should have brung it! but...they didnt...Editing Sasuke drawing out his sword!? SERIOUSLY!? Ninja that are supposed to be dead, they moan!?!? WTF are they gonna do when the bijuu is extracted from Gaara!? Say he went to the Shadow Realm!?!?!?!? Why isnt SHippuden on CN anyway? It was perfectly find there. It was like the only to WATCH CN lol

I cant even imagine wut will happen when there are bloody scenes....probably do like 4kids and make it dark scratches...

Galbert-Kun
October 29, 2009, 11:32 PM
"Art is an explosion!" just does not have the same ring to it...

I was doing some calculations, and since they apparently plan on showing 4 episodes a week, 8 months from now (excluding the xmas break, all other breaks) they'll be at around episode 128-130ish. the sub (") will be at around ep 168-170ish.

slmcknett
October 31, 2009, 10:51 PM
"Art is an explosion!" just does not have the same ring to it...

I was doing some calculations, and since they apparently plan on showing 4 episodes a week, 8 months from now (excluding the xmas break, all other breaks) they'll be at around episode 128-130ish. the sub (") will be at around ep 168-170ish.

It sounds fine. And it's not gonna show 4 episodes a week; only 1. It only had 4 for the special premiere.

CBlitz
October 31, 2009, 11:48 PM
I kinda do hope that Disney screws this up, it'll be like the 4kids OP dub all over again :D

DARK
November 01, 2009, 09:11 PM
I expected a lot of editing done; we all did. What really bothered me the most is that VIZ said that when aired on Disney XD, Shippuden "would have the same editing as Naruto was on Cartoon Network." Curse words, blood editing, I don't care as much. The fact that they even went so far as to change "sexy/perv" and making dead ninja groan is what really pushed it. Well, on Cartoon Network, there was some blood, "sexy" wasn't changed to a different word, etc. Most likely Disney was the one to push all these edits in.
To all those who wished VIZ put it on Cartoon Network, they tried. It's just that CN did not pick up the licensing rights for Naruto, so their next best thing... Placing it on Disney XD. Just be thankful that Shippuden is on TV, edited or not. One Piece, the number 1 selling manga series in Japan as well as one of the top anime series on Fuji TV, doesn't receive this treatment in America.
You still have the uncut release and if you are truly a fan of the franchise, support it by buying the DVDs. VIZ will not receive compensation for making these DVDs, only for people to watch episodes leaked online by some illegal web source without buying them.

Galbert-Kun
November 01, 2009, 10:17 PM
So much for my calculations, episode 128-130ish won't be dubbed for a couple of years

llamapie
November 02, 2009, 01:03 AM
I don't understand the fuss. The subbed version is always 10,000x better. Viz destroyed Naruto with its horribly bad dubbing.

CBlitz
November 02, 2009, 01:13 AM
I think the dub voices are pretty good. Aside from Naruto's terrawful dub voice <_>

DARK
November 02, 2009, 07:13 AM
When did this suddenly turn into a sub-dub flamewar?

SuperSaiyaMan
November 04, 2009, 09:00 PM
I don't understand the fuss. The subbed version is always 10,000x better. Viz destroyed Naruto with its horribly bad dubbing.
...horrible dubbing? All the voices match up.

Dude, stop being a sub elitist.
[hr]
Kazekage Stands Tall dub review:

Score: 8.5/10

Wow, this is an improvement. They didn't chicken out and showed Deidara's arm being crushed (even showed a little blood) and then even yanked off. Not only that, they didn't chicken out and showed Gaara's sand eye floating above his Sphere of Sand.

Only complaint is that Naruto called Jiraiya 'Jiraiya' instead of 'Pervy Sage' when referring to Icha Icha Tactics.

Overall, massive improvement over the premiere.

CBlitz
November 05, 2009, 12:10 AM
I kinda like the fact that Naruto calls him Jiraiya in the edited dub, he sounds more mature >_>

DARK
November 05, 2009, 05:46 PM
I kinda like the fact that Naruto calls him Jiraiya in the edited dub, he sounds more mature >_>

Naruto always had the knack to call Jiraiya "ero-sennin" (perverted sage). I honestly do not see Naruto referring to him by his first name.

Drmke
November 06, 2009, 11:30 AM
Clearly, Disney "PG" varies significantly from Cartoon Network "PG". The omisssion of Sasuke pulling out his sword to use it on Naruto. Apparently that's bad, but throwing shuriken at someone is ok. Apparently you can't say sexy or pervy on Disney so Konohamaru's sexy jutsu got edited very badly as well. So what is Naruto gonna called Jiraiya all this time?

The biggest issue, however, wasn't the edits, but the additions. Fodder ninja who got killed we're dubbed over as groaning so they weren't dead. They gonna do this when Asuma or the Akatsuki die. No, they're not dead, they're just sleeping there.

The Disney censor police are in full swing and this series had a lot more violence in upcoming episodes that they can't just omit. For example, the latest epsiode where Jiraiyra loses his arm. They gonna put an arm there so it doesn't look like he lost it? CN was overwhelmed by all this material and allowed more unaltered content to make in on the ariwaves. I wonder if hte saem thing will happen to Disney. We at least we still have the uncut DVD's to watch.

I'm just wondering how far they are going to with theses additions to make a show that is not a Disney show into a Disney show.

Well, as Disney aims at a slightly younger audience, its no surprise pervy was taken out. Tiny edits like that don't even affect the story so complaining about them a lot makes no sense. And even CN took out excessive death. Single characters dying will most likely be kept the same way, but with huge crowds of people dying, its just easier for Disney to just make them knocked out though I agree its stupid.

And episode 5 shows that they will show people losing body parts just omitting excessive blood, exactly what CN did. And CN didn't really allow that much more than Disney is now. Someone else on here complained about them taking out swear words, but did you really expect swear words in a cartoon on Disney?

Plus, CN would still probably have Naruto if more people watched the filler episodes. My guess is they lost so many viewers during that period they decieded agianst renewing their license to show it. Disney now has it and probably will forever. They aren't doing that bad of a job. Its the least kid-like show they got and they're keeping it that way. Be happy 4Kids didn't get ahold of it.

CBlitz
November 19, 2009, 10:45 PM
apparently Shipuuden is Disney XD's highest rated show after only 7 episodes, even beating stuff like Spectacular Spiderman. That's pretty insane, CN are really stupid for letting this go

danzilla3
November 20, 2009, 04:20 PM
apparently Shipuuden is Disney XD's highest rated show after only 7 episodes, even beating stuff like Spectacular Spiderman. That's pretty insane, CN are really stupid for letting this go

The ratings are so high because fans will tune in to watch it, if only to see how disney screwed it up.

DARK
November 20, 2009, 04:46 PM

And to think Shippuden would have had more ratings on Cartoon Network than Disney XD (since a lot more people have that channel).
Unfortunately, there's no use crying over spilled milk from 2 months ago.

SuperSaiyaMan
November 21, 2009, 10:52 PM
The ratings are so high because fans will tune in to watch it, if only to see how disney screwed it up.
Which isn't much.

Lee-tyme7
November 23, 2009, 06:57 PM

Damn it! Disney should at least help out One Piece, it's dying here in the U.S.!

CBlitz
November 23, 2009, 08:21 PM
it was dead the moment 4Kids acquired it. Nothing can save Dub Piece now

Drmke
November 23, 2009, 10:20 PM
Damn it! Disney should at least help out One Piece, it's dying here in the U.S.!

Funimation has it now so at least the dvds are decent quality.

HPTR Fangirl
November 29, 2009, 12:24 AM
Naruto Shippuden December schedule and New Year's Marathon

Source: Viz Media (http://naruto.viz.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35089)

Wed Dec 2 - 8:30 p.m. - 8 -Team Kakashi, Deployed
Wed Dec 9 - 8:30 p.m. - 9 - The Jinchuriki's Tears
Wed Dec 16 - 8:30 p.m. - 10 - Sealing Jutsu: Nine Phantom Dragons
Wed Dec 23 - 8:30 p.m. - 11 - The Medical Ninja's Student
Thu Dec 31 - 8:30 p.m. - 12 - The Retired Granny's Determination
Thu Dec 31 - 9 p.m. - 13 - A Meeting with Destiny
Thu Dec 31 - 9:30 p.m. - 14 - Naruto's Growth
Thu Dec 31 - 10 p.m. - 15 - The Secret Weapon is Called ...

DARK
November 29, 2009, 11:51 AM
At least Disney XD is picking up the pace a little when it comes to airing these episodes. Four episodes in one night is awesome, but would you honestly expect people to be watching anything other than the ball drop on TV that night?

Drmke
November 29, 2009, 05:34 PM
8:30 to 10 all the kids will be watching Naruto lol they will still have time for the ball drop.

BabyAnderson
November 29, 2009, 05:55 PM
I still refuse to watch the dubs because the voice-acting is horrible, especially now Disney is showing them.

Do they still pronounce Byakugon as Byak-koo-gone, or Sharingon as Sharing-gone?

slmcknett
November 29, 2009, 06:52 PM
I still refuse to watch the dubs because the voice-acting is horrible, especially now Disney is showing them.

Do they still pronounce Byakugon as Byak-koo-gone, or Sharingon as Sharing-gone?

First off, you spelled both Byakugan and Sharingan wrong. Second off, they pronounce it right; maybe you're the one who's wrong. So far, they've pronounced all of the Japanese terms correctly -- maybe a bit more American, but still right. Third off, the voices -- although not perfect -- are still fairly decent. At least the new ones are, like Deidara and Sasori. And just because it's airing on Disney XD doesn't mean that the voices are going to get worse. Sure, there's more editing, but that's about it. And since the uncut episodes are already on iTunes, it doesn't really matter in the long run.

SuperSaiyaMan
November 29, 2009, 08:48 PM
First off, you spelled both Byakugan and Sharingan wrong. Second off, they pronounce it right; maybe you're the one who's wrong. So far, they've pronounced all of the Japanese terms correctly -- maybe a bit more American, but still right. Third off, the voices -- although not perfect -- are still fairly decent. At least the new ones are, like Deidara and Sasori. And just because it's airing on Disney XD doesn't mean that the voices are going to get worse. Sure, there's more editing, but that's about it. And since the uncut episodes are already on iTunes, it doesn't really matter in the long run.
Don't bother. You can never negotiate with a Sub Elitist since they have so much fandumb.

Shiro-kun
December 01, 2009, 07:58 PM
Haha sub elitist

Although I myself prefer the Japanese Original with sub , not all dubs are bad and and the english dubs i seen are pretty decent ..they only get bad when they completely ruin the integrity of the show.

LittleMissNemesis
December 01, 2009, 08:11 PM
I usually watch subs, but don't mind watching dubs if they're good- many are just as good as the original Japanese and a couple times they've been better. I think most of the English VAs in Naruto/Shippuden did a good job, but Naruto's voice is, unfortunately, unlistenable.

Hitsug@ya ta1ch0u
December 01, 2009, 08:21 PM
Don't bother. You can never negotiate with a Sub Elitist since they have so much fandumb.

Hardly. Bleach's dub is damn good. Just watched Memories of Nobody Saturday night and I was amazed.
Naruto and OP (for the short time it aired) the voice acting and shit like Orochimaru's "Grass Long Sword" just make it bad:facepalm
Don't get me started on Viz's translations.

SuperSaiyaMan
December 02, 2009, 03:56 PM
Hardly. Bleach's dub is damn good. Just watched Memories of Nobody Saturday night and I was amazed.
Naruto and OP (for the short time it aired) the voice acting and shit like Orochimaru's "Grass Long Sword" just make it bad:facepalm
That is what Kusanagi MEANS.

And you do know that Naruto and Bleach are dubbed by the SAME company, right?

CBlitz
December 02, 2009, 09:08 PM

yeah early Viz's manga translations for FMA were completely wacked out, loads of misspellings and mistranslations. They got their act together though

NAM61
December 06, 2009, 10:09 PM
i watched the dub on disney a couple weeks ago. and idk but i did not like it for some reason. i do not mind the voices for the characters except for naruto for some reason. i do not like flannagais voice for older naruto, i think it worked sorta in part one but i find it irritable now for some reason.

Truefan21
December 06, 2009, 11:03 PM
this sucks sexy jusu is called cutie justu
jiraiya can't be called pervy sage
LMAO
good thing i know about dub happy

DARK
December 07, 2009, 07:07 AM
this sucks sexy jusu is called cutie justu
jiraiya can't be called pervy sage
LMAO
good thing i know about dub happy

That was only for the first episode, though.
I haven't watched them on Disney XD myself, but how are the other episodes in terms of the editing?

Truefan21
December 07, 2009, 02:44 PM
deidara's bomb did not go off
persons who are to be dead are groaning

CBlitz
December 10, 2009, 01:19 AM
http://apforums.net/showpost.php?p=1377169&postcount=7296

We just finished dubbing the Sasuke/Itachi fight.

wut

DARK
December 10, 2009, 07:52 PM
http://apforums.net/showpost.php?p=1377169&postcount=7296

We just finished dubbing the Sasuke/Itachi fight.
wut

The previous sentences from the article seem to provide some more "clarification" on that subject.

"Take Shippuden for example, we dub those episodes as they're made. We don't get the japanese voices, we go with the lip flaps we're given. We just finished dubbing the Sasuke/Itachi fight."

Linkdarkside
December 10, 2009, 08:21 PM

that the sword literal traslation and that havr nothing to do whit VA which is great

OP got a new dubber Funi which is good,the Naruto anime have diferent traslator and writters than the manga(thank god).

I will stay whit the uncut dub DVD ,Viz aredy mentioned that they the true dub and i refuse to what the shit version that Disney is airing and like some one said thanks for Dubhappy and other similar sites.

Essence
December 11, 2009, 06:58 PM
i've never been one to complain about dub but i hate the shipuuden dub, well Naruto voice, its so damn annoying. i seem to remember in shipuuden sub, naruto was more calm in tone as a sign how much he grown. The dub for naruto seem to miss that part, he so darn loud and annoying and shows no sign of maturity in his voice and tone for naruto. :mad

Brill
April 14, 2011, 04:13 PM
Rumor has it that Naruto has now moved to Saturday late-ngiht for its new episode releases. You think Naruto is in jeopardy of being canceled, or is it that Disney can no longer edit out the upcoming deaths which will happen shortly? Disney hates killing which always makes me wonder why the hell they licensed this show. Anyone think we can get a TV-14 rating out of Disney show? It would probably be a first.

slmcknett
April 14, 2011, 08:20 PM
Next episode is Asuma vs Hidan, and obviously they can't edit out everything that happens or else the fight will just make no sense.

I'm guessing all that they could do was pick a later time slot for these episodes, then return it back to normal after the arc is done.

Brill
April 15, 2011, 07:44 AM
But are they going to do the same for Pain vs, Jiraiya, Sasuke vs Orochmiaru/Deidara/Itachi, Pain vs Konoha. I could see them air these epsiodes once then never again, but what would be the point since they use Shippuden as a time filler for other parts of the day. The audience isn't that stupid and out-of-control mothers will still go batty if their kid tries to stay up til 11 pm so they can watch Asuma and Hidan get skewered.

SuperSaiyaMan
April 20, 2011, 11:00 PM
So what the hell is the deal? Why aren't they airing the new episodes despite them being scheduled?

HPTR Fangirl
April 21, 2011, 08:07 AM
So what the hell is the deal? Why aren't they airing the new episodes despite them being scheduled?

It looks like they may have stopped showing Naruto Shippuden on Wednesday nights. Not sure why, but starting last week's episode all the new Naruto Shippuden episodes will likely be premiering on Satrudays from now on at 10:00 / 11:00 PM (according to the time zones).

scandalous'
April 21, 2011, 08:45 AM
Could be just me who finds this weird, but why would you watch the dubbed version?

Brill
April 21, 2011, 09:45 AM
Because the dub is actually pretty good and there are still some translation guffaws in the subtitled version.

scandalous'
April 21, 2011, 12:09 PM
Because the dub is actually pretty good and there are still some translation guffaws in the subtitled version.

Ah, I see. Must be because I'm used to the japanese version. I've always thought that the english version of dragonball z was 100x better then the japanese one, but imo the japanese version of naruto owns the dub version. The way they scream the jutsu just sounds silly to me.

BaddAzzKenpachi74
April 21, 2011, 12:44 PM
Rumor has it that Naruto has now moved to Saturday late-ngiht for its new episode releases. You think Naruto is in jeopardy of being canceled, or is it that Disney can no longer edit out the upcoming deaths which will happen shortly? Disney hates killing which always makes me wonder why the hell they licensed this show. Anyone think we can get a TV-14 rating out of Disney show? It would probably be a first.

I think it may be that the upcoming arcs involves major deaths and serious tone scenes which Disney simply can not edit out because its a MAJOR part of the story this time around.

I think a late night block would be MUCH better IMO and maybe then they can start to edit ALOT more less.

Afterall I've always wanted Adult Swim to get Naruto shippuden for that exact reason.

Brill
April 28, 2011, 10:39 AM
I think it may be that the upcoming arcs involves major deaths and serious tone scenes which Disney simply can not edit out because its a MAJOR part of the story this time around.

I think a late night block would be MUCH better IMO and maybe then they can start to edit ALOT more less.

Afterall I've always wanted Adult Swim to get Naruto shippuden for that exact reason.

Maybe, if they have Asuma moaning like Chirico after he dies I'm gonna have to laugh at their stupidiity

HPTR Fangirl
May 04, 2011, 07:47 PM
I'm exactly not sure if this is the right thread to post this, but I thought to let you all.

Naruto Shippuden the Movie will air on Disney XD on May 15 at 08:00 p.m.

Source:Anime News Network (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2011-05-04/disney-xd-to-run-naruto/shippuden-the-movie-on-may-15)

KonohamaruHeaven
May 05, 2011, 09:58 AM
why wont this die