PDA

View Full Version : Discussion Mythical zoans

Razh
September 16, 2009, 02:13 PM
We know they are pretty rare. Marco ate the Phoenix fruit.
Which leaves us... what?

So, I guess all human animal hybrids are out of the picture, for obvious reasons. Sea monsters like Krakens too, for obvious reasons. Giants as well.

So, the first that comes to my mind is a dragon. I think they do exist in One Piece world, but that's just me. Nevermind the anime filler, there was a dragon that Ryuuma fought in Wanted. Ryuuma was from Wano county, which was mentioned in One Piece two times. Zoro mentioned it first and later it was in Oars' flashback, concerning the hat. It doesn't have to mean that there are indeed dragons in OP, but it could point to it.
Also, we all know who the prime candidate for Dragon fruit would be. Anime had that wind painted green. Maybe it's some kind of dragon breath, but now I'm going in too deep.
Of course, it could be too obvious, but it happened before. Like with Akainu.

There could also be a Unicorn fruit. I can't imagine what powers it would give it's user. Pegasus seems too ordinary, plus there was already one in OP, kinda. :p

There's also hydra.

That would be all that I can think of for now. There could be a lot more candidates.

Well?

fallou
September 16, 2009, 02:43 PM
A tengu df:s? That'd be scary...a vampire df?Werewolf?These two would be cool

Oni Giri
September 16, 2009, 02:50 PM
as you said most of the mythological creatures are already human animal hybrids. this leaves us very limited options. giants are not mythological in the OP but there could be fire giant, frost giant, troll or colossus.other than that we have manticore,chimera, griffon, cerberus, siren, succubus, medusa?, dryad with some nature power?

kkck
September 16, 2009, 03:04 PM
I could see a Cerberus fruit lol. How awesome is it to turn into a three headed wolf or dog. I don't know if it would have any special attributes though.

The dragon is a given IMHO. We know they exist for a fact given oda's old comic so I doubt he will waste that chance lol.

I would like to see a mythical zoan reindeer, kinda like what santa has. I would think it would be an interesting encounter for chopper lol.

bittman
September 16, 2009, 06:35 PM
...If we had the Human Human fruit, can we have the Giant Giant fruit also? They aren't exactly mythical for One Piece, but mythical in real life at least.

And yeah, I'd agree that the Dragon fruit is probably a given. I'd practically stop there though since I doubt there will be more than 2-3 mythical zoans revealed in the manga, otherwise they're not really rarer than logias.

Razh
September 16, 2009, 07:04 PM
...If we had the Human Human fruit, can we have the Giant Giant fruit also? They aren't exactly mythical for One Piece, but mythical in real life at least.

And yeah, I'd agree that the Dragon fruit is probably a given. I'd practically stop there though since I doubt there will be more than 2-3 mythical zoans revealed in the manga, otherwise they're not really rarer than logias.

Yeah, I'd say there won't be more than 3 mythical ones all together. But it could be more, seeing how we don't know how long One Piece will last. There may be new logias and with that, even more mythical zoans.
But for now, I don't expect that we'll see more than 3.
Most of us will probably agree that a dragon is a given. But I wonder what kind of beast the third would be.

As far as giant fruit goes, I always expected that someone is going to have the power sooner or later. No such luck, so far.

NoLimit89
September 16, 2009, 07:59 PM
I'm thinking that mythical zoan are mythical beasts - not humanoids.

so something like dragon (totally a given), chimera, gryphon, hydra, cerberus, hypogryph, unicorn, kraken, etc etc ...

kkck
September 16, 2009, 08:44 PM
Wouldn't a giant giant fruit be a paramecia lol?

fallou
September 17, 2009, 02:59 AM
A size size fruit would be a paramecia, but the giant giant fruit would be a zoan (or so I guess)

ScratchmenApoo
September 17, 2009, 06:57 AM
Doesn't Monk Urouge have the Giant Giant Fruit or Growth Growth Fruit or something similar already ? I would classify that as a Paramecia. Giants or Trolls or goblins aren't exactly animals but humanoids.

Also, if Mythical Zoans also have extra powers according to their animal, such as healing for Phoenix, shouldn't medusas have the same petrifying powers like Boa?

kkck
September 17, 2009, 04:35 PM
A size size fruit would be a paramecia, but the giant giant fruit would be a zoan (or so I guess)

Would there be a significan difference though? Also, what would a hybrid human-giant look like? A mid sized dude?

radicalbyte
September 17, 2009, 05:52 PM
I like to think that Monkey D. Dragon'd be the dragon :)

We've already had an three-headed dog, and the snake women who turns people to stone. Plus the zombies and wherewolves, right? Doesn't leave many common mythical beasts over (except for the invariable Unicorn).

Kimi-X
September 17, 2009, 09:47 PM
ok i want to say something dragons do exist in one piece but it was mentioned in only two filler arcs and they're called senryuu and plus you guys put in too many mythic df's vampire no ware wolf also a no dragon yeah fairy no there are lots of different mythisal beast in the world but these df's are so rare and we olny seen a limted number (for it was one) and so thusly a limted number of creatures for us to say they're a df. and i hope i made a point cause i'm doing school work now.....

Razh
September 18, 2009, 07:00 AM
I would really like for people to stop repeating stuff that was already mentioned in other posts. If it keeps up, this discussion will just keep going into circles.

And Kimi, while I agree that dragons do exist in One Piece world, or at least, have existed, anime filler doesn't mean shit in manga discussion and it's not a real evidence.

Sachsenhesse
September 18, 2009, 08:08 AM
hm mythical beasts...

basilisks, somewhat of boas skills but an gigantic lizard ^^

Razh
September 18, 2009, 09:14 AM
I like that option more than medusa, but unfortunately there already was a basilisk in Impel Down level 2, even though he looked more like a chicken.

A lot of mythical beasts appeared in ID, and due to zoans that we've seen, all of the hybrids fall in the water.
There aren't a lot of beasts with trademark abilities which Phoenix has so it's hard to predict. My guess is, even if Dragon fruit appears, it won't be breathing fire at all, sine Phoenix obviously covers that element.
Oda might pull another surprise yet again. Just because Phoenix is sort of a traditional mythical beast, doesn't mean that the others will be so traditional.

Poneglyph420
September 18, 2009, 09:03 PM
I would really think IF we see more mythic types they could be from any mythology..
However if Oda uses Dragon type..I think it would resemble the traditional powers of Japanese Dragons.. Weather control, usually rain, thunder, lightning and mist.
I personally hope we don't see another Mythic zoan for at least 200 chapters..
If they aren't Uber rare it's less interesting....

luffy_boy
September 19, 2009, 04:17 AM
I would really think IF we see more mythic types they could be from any mythology..
However if Oda uses Dragon type..I think it would resemble the traditional powers of Japanese Dragons.. Weather control, usually rain, thunder, lightning and mist.
I personally hope we don't see another Mythic zoan for at least 200 chapters..
If they aren't Uber rare it's less interesting....

Well weather control/ rain/ thunder/ lightning just all point to luffy`s dad.

ScratchmenApoo
September 21, 2009, 10:27 AM
I don't know the traditional powers of Japanese Dragons, but if that is true & even the name Monkey D. Dragon hints it... Some fans probably sorted this thing out way back in the first 100 chapters, although they didn't have the term Mythical Zoan to use... Very interesting.

What more traditional mythical creatures are there besides Dragon & Phoenix in the Asian culture to use in One Piece ?

Razh
September 21, 2009, 03:57 PM
Nice question. It really sums up the reasons why I opened this thread.

I found this page with eastern mythological creatures but alas, I don't have time for that now.
http://www.himmapan.com/himmapan_creatures.html

Yamata no Orochi is also a possible candidate.

But I kinda doubt that Oda will draw his inspiration from the eastern culture only. Apart from Phoenix, there was also a mention of a Gorgon, then we saw a Manticore, Basilisk, Sphinx, and possibly a Kraken (after Thriller Bark). That really says enough.

Umbra Wolf
September 22, 2009, 01:41 AM
Since you have opened this thread I can't help but to imagine Sengoku's goat to have a chimera (http://giovanniworld.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/chimera.jpg) fruitbecaus of the goathead and all.
This freakin' goat is incredible suspicious and while I am not saying Sengoku is week but there must be something about this goat.

Kuranzyan
September 22, 2009, 02:32 AM
I think the goat was never more than a goat... Shanks, Whitebeard and Garp are insanely strong without any sort of animal familiar, so why should the friggin' goat all of a sudden be a chimaera?
Sengoku, you old fart, show us your skills man.

The only problem I see with a Kraken or Leviathan DF is that they're sea-based creatures, and being a DF user sort of 'restricts' you from coming near seawater. So I don't think those will appear in the series...

Maybe a Nue or a Kitsune will appear.

Razh
September 22, 2009, 05:32 AM
How about Kyuubi, lol.

ScratchmenApoo
September 22, 2009, 06:53 AM
Haha Naruto make an appearance in One Piece... That would be going too low.

To me, the most serious possibility of a mythical creature is a Hydra (cut 1 head off, grows 2 back instead - pretty strong ability).

Now, as Marco showed us, his Zoan also allows him to regenerate, which is the basical ability of a Phoenix (don't know if his tears can heal) but wouldn't a Gorgon have a power also, which is petrifying, which Boa Hancock already has - That, for me, rules the possibility of a medusa out.

Razh
September 22, 2009, 07:20 AM
Now, as Marco showed us, his Zoan also allows him to regenerate, which is the basical ability of a Phoenix (don't know if his tears can heal) but wouldn't a Gorgon have a power also, which is petrifying, which Boa Hancock already has - That, for me, rules the possibility of a medusa out.

Why? It's not impossible that there are fruits with similar powers. Marco's flames probably aren't just for decoration, and Ace uses fire too.
It wouldn't be impossible that gorgon fruit had the same ability. Gorgon, not medusa. Medusa was just one of the 3 gorgons. Here 2 sisters were Stheno and Euryale. Anyway, I don't think there will be a gorgon fruit, but who knows. It sure seems like that creature had existed, and Boa sisters used the myth to cover themselves.

Kuranzyan
September 22, 2009, 09:01 AM
The ability of the phoenix in mythology isn't regeneration, it's a constant cycle of death and rebirth, in essence giving it immortality. However, since almost all Logia share the same traits with Marco's DF it's sort of twisted to a "regenerative" ability.

Basilisks and Cockatrices share the same mythological ability of Gorgons, "Petrification". Since Hancock is out there, I don't think we will get a mythical zoan of that model. A Nue or Chimaera would be plausible, and I'm wondering if a Dragon Zoan DF would be an Ancient model.

Like I said above, a Kitsune would also be plausible, as would be a Bakeneko aka Nekomata. Perhaps a Qilin?

Sachsenhesse
September 22, 2009, 12:15 PM
how is it with:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bigfoot

and

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yeti

also we could have

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Will-o%27-the-wisp

and

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleipnir

will o the wisp would be perfect for the icewitch ^^

Akainu
September 22, 2009, 01:59 PM
One thing is for sure, there won't be as much mythical zoans shown as we have logias, so my guess would be there'll be like 2 more shown and maybe one just talked about or so.

Dragon Walker
September 22, 2009, 03:23 PM
If I am going to make a few guesses (With as few humanoid beasts as possible), then:

Dragon
---
Simply must have. Seriously.

Behemoth/Levithan/Ziz
---
For those of you who don't know, these three beast more or less symbolizes earth, sea and sky, in that order. While Levithan and Ziz are unlikely, it could never be wrong with a Behemoth. Who knows what strange stuff Oda could pull out with a Behemoth? Earht-control perhaps?

Demon
---
This one is pretty unlikely, but hey, it can range from a variety of different models, so it isn't impossible.

Gryphon
---
Pretty well known, m mix of an eagle and a lion. I think back in the Alabasta arc there was something about only 5 or so devil fruits giving the ability to fly, and I think there's three (Falcon, Phoenix and whatever Lafitte seems to have. I mean, we've seen him with wings, right?.) Gryphon could be a fourth. No special powers besides flying, though.

Wyvern
---
Just a lesser form of a dragon, unlikely to appear.

Chimera
---
A mix of different animals, mixed with Oda humour. Yay.

Hydra
---
Regenerating heads, and perhaps some other nasty stuff like poison. One of the more likely.

Manticore, Roc, Nine-tailed Fox, and a bunch of other stuff I can't come up with now.

Darkever
September 22, 2009, 08:59 PM
OMFN! Sengoku's Pwngoat must have the Kyuubi-Kyuubi fruit!!!
Can't you all see the INCREDIBLY EVIL LOOK in its eyes??? :blink

But, seriously, I think the best chances are for dragon, hydra, gryphon, behemot, roc and of course dragon. I highly doubt Dragon really has the dragon fruit... that would be very very lame.

About what Robin said in Alabasta... I doubt there are only six fruits that allow to fly. We already saw that zoan of the same type have different models (the snake sisters, just for example), do I won't be surprised to see the hawk, condor, and any other kind of bird models.

Shadoguardian
September 22, 2009, 11:34 PM
I wonder if there's a siren-siren fruit, or mayde an inu-inu no mi, model cerebrus. I'm pretty sure that Marco's fruit would be considered to be a tori-tori no mi, model phoenix.

d3death
September 23, 2009, 12:54 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_legendary_creatures

Razh
September 23, 2009, 01:29 PM
Getting lazy?

This topic was started to encourage discussion, not so that people could give links to pages that have a list of legendary creatures. There are hundreds of those.

But thanks, I'm sure you were the first one who came up with the idea of looking it up on Wikipedia.

chess4
September 23, 2009, 03:55 PM
thing is mythical zoan fruit are said to be rarer that logia. so far we havent seen but a few logia fruit users so far.

ace
crocodile
aokiji
akainu
kizaru
smoker
blackbeard
eneru

so far these are the only ones and the only other logia i could possibly think of is wind, so i dont expect to see about 3 or 4 mythical zoan fruit users later downt the road.

Razh
September 23, 2009, 04:00 PM
I don't think that we'll see a wind logia. Wind isn't an element like those others are. It's just air current. I'd bet more on air fruit. Turning your body into air and controlling it could technically still allow you to produce winds.

And probably most of us expect to see about 3 mythical ones all together.

chess4
September 23, 2009, 04:16 PM
I don't think that we'll see a wind logia. Wind isn't an element like those others are. It's just air current. I'd bet more on air fruit. Turning your body into air and controlling it could technically still allow you to produce winds.

And probably most of us expect to see about 3 mythical ones all together.

dragon has either a logia fruit or a mythical zoan fruit. remember that green wind from logue town.

k-dom
September 24, 2009, 01:18 AM
Does someone know about the japanese mythologie. I think someone wrote that dragon and phenix represented 2 of the cardinal points (but the others are turtle and tiger which are not very mythical except if they have special power)
I know there is the tanuki from pompoko but bon clay already can transform himself. Maybe I shall rewatch my miyazaki movie

BlackHair
September 26, 2009, 07:50 AM
Dragon's wind would be similar to WBs quake. Im also begining to think Roger's fruit has sth to do with "sound". But lets leave it, has nothing to do with the topic, Im off topic again..

craziii
September 26, 2009, 06:48 PM
dragon has the power over weather, he conjured up a storm to help luffy escape when they were at logue town!

what some of you guys type, makes it look like you guys haven't read the manga at all.

Poneglyph420
September 26, 2009, 08:07 PM
Does someone know about the japanese mythologie. I think someone wrote that dragon and phenix represented 2 of the cardinal points (but the others are turtle and tiger which are not very mythical except if they have special power)
I know there is the tanuki from pompoko but bon clay already can transform himself. Maybe I shall rewatch my miyazaki movie

I'm no expert but there is..

Kitsune: a mystical Shapeshifting 9 tailed fox

Tanuki: Shapesifting Man-Racoon

Tengu: Bird Man

Kappa: Kind of a underwater turtle man..

Oni: The famous Japanese "Demon"/Ogre

Kirin: A "holy" Dragon/Horse

Ryu "Dragon": Controls wind, rain and the weather..

Those are the major Yokai of Japanese Myth, that I know of....

Shadoguardian
September 26, 2009, 10:39 PM
Kappa: Kind of a underwater turtle man..

I doubt there'll be any kappa devil fruit. It's a water dwelling creature so if there's a kappa that can't enter the water, the purpose of the Kappa devil fruit will be defeated.

firework
September 26, 2009, 11:57 PM
dragon, phoenix, pegasus/unicorn, and chimera are the main ones i think of

BlackHair
September 27, 2009, 11:32 AM
dragon has the power over weather, he conjured up a storm to help luffy escape when they were at logue town!

what some of you guys type, makes it look like you guys haven't read the manga at all.Weather.. I don't think so. Weather concludes many powers: such as rain, wind, lighting etc. Weather is too general. I rather believe his power is wind/storm.

Also about ur last sentence. You are talking like if Oda already revealed Dragon's power..

About mythical zoans: Well dragons sure are mythical in our world, but does it apply the same in the one piece world? Not sure about that.

misterchaos
September 27, 2009, 12:39 PM
Weather.. I don't think so. Weather concludes many powers: such as rain, wind, lighting etc. Weather is too general. I rather believe his power is wind/storm.

Also about ur last sentence. You are talking like if Oda already revealed Dragon's power..

About mythical zoans: Well dragons sure are mythical in our world, but does it apply the same in the one piece world? Not sure about that.

it is the pirate age not 500BC

RicardoKloss
September 27, 2009, 01:53 PM
I believe that since phoenix tend to be associated with suzaku, following by this logic we would have at least 4 more fruits, seiriyuu the azurre dragon, byako the white tiger, genbu the green turtle, and kirin or the yellow dragon, just a hunch 8p

RichardMNixon
September 27, 2009, 06:20 PM

what some of you guys type, makes it look like you guys haven't read the manga at all.

We don't have enough information. You're leaping to conclusions, it's the same as claiming Kuma's power teleports people to where they want to go, Robin's power only grows hands, and Kidd's power is to reflect cannonballs.

For all we know, the weather effects weren't even Dragon, they could have been one of his underlings.

I'm not saying his power isn't weather or that it wasn't him, but I'm saying you don't know those things for sure either. Also, as many have pointed out, oriental dragons have weather powers, so a mythical dragon fruit and the weather at Loguetown could coincide.

Razh
September 28, 2009, 09:57 AM

Talk about stating the obvious.
There's no element such as weather, and wind is certainly no element. Dragon has either air logia or some mythical super power zoan. Nobody would be surprised if it turned out he had a mythical zoan dragon who can control weather. It would be kinda silly if dragon zoan also has fire at his disposal.

:facepalm
Yeah, you really enlightened me.

Dragon's devil fruit discussion is off topic.

ANBU4U
October 03, 2009, 03:43 AM
Well...I don't know what others we will see (Unicorn perhaps? It'd have healing powers *healing others*) but as everyone has mentioned I'm sure we'll see a dragon...

Which incidentally enough bring me TO Dragon. Monkey D. Dragon to be specific.
At first I thought that it was a bit obvious but you know...it makes sense. If Oda did a Dragon Mythic Zoan he wouldn't use a western Dragon because...I mean flying fire-breathing Lizard...we have that more or less. Marco in particular can Fly and control fire.....so what would make it special? If it was an eastern dragon.

As someone mentioned earlier eastern dragons have abilities over the weather (sound familiar?) and of course...they can fly. Now that would be interesting..not to mention different and powerful. And (once again the more I think about it) I can actually seeing Oda naming the man with what has to be the rarest Devil Fruit in One Piece...after the fruit he ate...

But yea, at first I thought Dragon had a wind Logia...but that doesn't really explain the lightning....particularly how the lightning was directed. No to mention all the other weather junk that was happening at Louge town when he was there. Of course Dragon COULD have some sort of weather controlling paramecia..but that just seems kind of...dull. And very overpowered for a Paramecia, I mean sure we have people like Kuma....but at least thats one ability (to reject) that he's elaborated on...the ability to control the weather is just....a lot of different abilities.

But yea. Thats my input. A Dragon Mythic Zoan, and a Unicorn one.
Thats it, I cant see more than 3 appearing in the series.

kkck
October 17, 2009, 01:59 AM
He probably has the dragon dragon fruit lol....

I really want such a fruit to exist lol. It would have a thick scale armor, wings, and fire breathing. The full dragon form would esentially be a flying tank with the speed of a jet. It does not get any cooler than that lol. The hybrid form would probably be as fast, all the fire breathing and more agility. It is just too much fruit lol.

Poneglyph420
October 17, 2009, 03:27 PM
I kinda think if there is a Dragon type, I'd expect a Japanese style dragon. In Asia Dragons are a revered creature while Western Dragons are big scary monsters.
And the traditional "Oriental Dragons" were masters of the wind, rain, and floods.

That to me would constitute the nastiest DF of all.
If we assume Monkey D. Dragon is the user, it explains Logue Town.

Bugzee
October 31, 2009, 08:47 PM
I think Monkey D. Dragon has mythical dragon zoan

I never considered that one!!! Would be awesome and what a sight that would be!!! I always thought Dragon had the weather weather fruit but i would love to see him have the mythical dragon zoan!!!

zerocooldx
October 31, 2009, 09:59 PM
I think we may see a Griffin (http://ftp.ubi.com/emea/homm5/screenshots/HOMM5_Haven_Creature_Griffin.jpg) at some point. It's a pretty famous mythical creature. And it would also end up being one of the four, i believe, flying Devil Fruits as well.

BlindMunkey
November 01, 2009, 12:41 AM
im for one leaning toward dragon not having a devil fruit ability.
reason being. pretty silly if i say so.

Ace is DF user - his father not
Luffy is DF user - his father not [assuming with silly reason]

most likely its someone else from the revolutionary army like iva-san

ZenoArmani
November 01, 2009, 09:34 AM
I never considered that one!!! Would be awesome and what a sight that would be!!! I always thought Dragon had the weather weather fruit but i would love to see him have the mythical dragon zoan!!!

I also guessed this one as soon as I heard about Marco's, and the whole weather control is part of Chinese dragon mythology, so it fits. It would be cool if he can turn into a giant dragon, and control wind, rain, and lightning.
[hr]

I read somewhere that the fours seasons creatures went Dragon, Phoenix, Tiger, Turtle, but the last two wouldn't really work as strictly mythological.

Jiggy-Ninja
November 10, 2009, 11:27 PM
im for one leaning toward dragon not having a devil fruit ability.
reason being. pretty silly if i say so.

Ace is DF user - his father not
Luffy is DF user - his father not [assuming with silly reason]

most likely its someone else from the revolutionary army like iva-san
We don't know ANYTHING about Roger's powers, except maybe for that ability to "hear the voice of all things" that Silvers mentioned. It has never been stated anywhere in the manga whether Roger has a Devil Fruit power or not.

And, even if Roger as Ace's dad doesn't have a Fruit power, that doesn't mean anything for Dragon. One data point isn't anywhere near enough to deduce a trend.

ZenoArmani
November 12, 2009, 01:34 PM
It would be pretty cool if he had Blackbeard's "Darkness" fruit, which reappeared once he dies. It would definitely explain why Blackbeard heard of and wanted it, and make him even more of a rival "inheritor" to Luffy.

DEATHBOTT
November 12, 2009, 09:54 PM
dragon - controls storms
tiger - controls blizzards
turtle - controls earth or plants

beastboy
November 17, 2009, 06:48 PM
Well we have the three admirals (zapdos, articuno, charizard) and know we will have the mitical fruit users (Moltress, Blastoise?? and ... jigglypuff..) oh yeah some duffy pluffy kawaii fruit user.. which puts his oponents in his sleep..

Dice
November 18, 2009, 07:05 AM
It would be pretty cool if he had Blackbeard's "Darkness" fruit, which reappeared once he dies. It would definitely explain why Blackbeard heard of and wanted it, and make him even more of a rival "inheritor" to Luffy.

Funny, I thought about Roger having the gum gum fruit. There are so many things that have repeated (which is not necessary a bad thing) and I thought I would match but somehow I doubt it^^.

Maybe Roger has a non-combat devil fruit but I guess there are many people who already had this idea.

beastboy
November 18, 2009, 09:33 AM
maybe roger had no devil fruit.. cause his crew doubted that the DF were true! (see buggy's flashback) so buggy was the first DF user in the crew!

Ilyes84
November 18, 2009, 05:07 PM
buggy was the first DF user in the crew!

OMG, that is -so- going to add to his legend! :)

Getting lazy?

This topic was started to encourage discussion, not so that people could give links to pages that have a list of legendary creatures. There are hundreds of those.

And discuss I do.
As far as I remeber, the HumanHuman fruit was classified as a Zoan. Therefore (theory), a Zoan fruit can be based on a general "animal", even a human. So even humanoid mythical creatures are ok. Where am I getting to?
Medusa. Technically not a human-snake hybrid, mythical creature, power to petrify -it would be a perfect Mythical Zoan. Even now, I'm convinced Oda made a mistake to give Hancock that stupid fruit instead of this one.

Other mythical animals? Hell, I can name plenty of them, even though Kizaru said they were "rarer than Logia". The Fenris wolf, from norse mithology. Jörmungandr, the great serpent from the same culture. Coyote, the trickster spirit from the native americans. As someone else said, the shapechanger Tanuki. Kitsune. Sleipnir. Unicorn. Gargoyle. Chimera. Roc. Leviathan. Salamander. Hydra. Vampire. Golem. Couatl. Djinn. One just needs to flip through some books to find ideas. Given that in the manga (fillers omitted) there are, as for now, 8 Logia... I'd put the number of Mythical Zoans at 3, 4 at most.

I have a soft spot for a nine-tail fox. I admit it, I want it to be one of this awesome Zoans. Call it a pun, a cameo, a tribute; I feel like Oda won't pass on the opportunity, though it would be a lot different than Kishimoto's powerhouse.
I'm trying to create a VERY amateur OP roleplaying game, and made the fox one of only three Mythical Zoan.

chess4
November 18, 2009, 09:05 PM
yea i agree with the only 3 or 4 mythical fruit zoan fruits.

marco is the phoenix and i would say there is a fair chance that dragon is dragon zoan user. so that leaves about 2. maybe one of the other yonkou has one or the gorousei since i think they are fighters

urlaub
November 19, 2009, 05:16 AM
I think Kaidou has the ability of angel angel fruit--making people feel pleasent, beeing immaterial, seeing into the future and giving messages to people. Floating around and can be everywhere etc.

hyper_megaman
November 20, 2009, 11:06 AM
OMG, that is -so- going to add to his legend! :)

And discuss I do.
As far as I remeber, the HumanHuman fruit was classified as a Zoan. Therefore (theory), a Zoan fruit can be based on a general "animal", even a human. So even humanoid mythical creatures are ok. Where am I getting to?
Medusa. Technically not a human-snake hybrid, mythical creature, power to petrify -it would be a perfect Mythical Zoan. Even now, I'm convinced Oda made a mistake to give Hancock that stupid fruit instead of this one.

Other mythical animals? Hell, I can name plenty of them, even though Kizaru said they were "rarer than Logia". The Fenris wolf, from norse mithology. Jörmungandr, the great serpent from the same culture. Coyote, the trickster spirit from the native americans. As someone else said, the shapechanger Tanuki. Kitsune. Sleipnir. Unicorn. Gargoyle. Chimera. Roc. Leviathan. Salamander. Hydra. Vampire. Golem. Couatl. Djinn. One just needs to flip through some books to find ideas. Given that in the manga (fillers omitted) there are, as for now, 8 Logia... I'd put the number of Mythical Zoans at 3, 4 at most.

I have a soft spot for a nine-tail fox. I admit it, I want it to be one of this awesome Zoans. Call it a pun, a cameo, a tribute; I feel like Oda won't pass on the opportunity, though it would be a lot different than Kishimoto's powerhouse.
I'm trying to create a VERY amateur OP roleplaying game, and made the fox one of only three Mythical Zoan.
stop bringing up hybrid creatures or souped up normal creatures..

stuff like gryffins exist if say a lion eats an eagle fruit. these hybrids are already commonplace in the OP world, so no go to mythical

stuff like some spirit/deity creature variant of a normal existing creature.. can't work either. it would confuse the story too much by trying to implement too small a point imho, certainly not oda's flair. oda likes drama and huge things. there's no point in introducing a, say chinese mythical white tiger spirit, if u've already seen a leopard fruit user, a tiger fruit user, etc. it's like, 'so what, it's just another one'.

I'd go for oriental dragons (damn cool), maybe western dragons, and unicorn.

orientals could control the weather, have flight, and maybe increase defense/durability and strength. very possibly regeneration cum immortality given its legendary status, i'd like that. but i doubt so as it might be a phoenix exclusive power.

european dragons could have flight, huge fire breathing (marco can't breathe fire, come on, he can only TRAIL fire, not project it out across a far range), size increase (this is good for mass defense/offense), and of course possibly durability and strength increase as above. and regen cum immortality again, as above

unicorns could have healing powers, maybe not just themselves (possibly nowhere close to the phoenix's), but it extends to others around him. possibly also lightning/electrical powers from its horn, and increases in speed, but of course also a bit of strength/def but nowhere as much as the above.

anyone can think of any more?
[hr]
u know, speaking of hybrids, i'd like to see vegapunk put a rat fruit onto a yellow/red battery.

heh

pikaaaaa... CHUU
Sengokou: "wha- DUDE WTF?!"

Ilyes84
November 20, 2009, 03:12 PM
stop bringing up hybrid creatures or souped up normal creatures..

Aye aye, sir... I guess.

"Souped up" creatures... well, not to be sarcastic, but I'm not the one making them up. :) And if you do know your mithology, you should also note that each of these creatures has some kind of ability that goes beyond its animal form (and even sheer size). So, they're not just big, mean version of the standard Zoan -they are archetypes.
But, you may be right: if mythical zoans are supposed to be unique mystical-magical animals (not just big/mean), then that might justify their rarity.

Regarding hybrids, you're right again... although only a chimera and a couatl could be referred as hybrids.
Chimera, though, could be cool: since its a hybrid of MORE than two animals (four, if I remeber correctly), it could allow its user to eat more than one zoan fruit, combining their forms and abilities.

hyper_megaman
November 21, 2009, 07:44 PM
Aye aye, sir... I guess.

"Souped up" creatures... well, not to be sarcastic, but I'm not the one making them up. :) And if you do know your mithology, you should also note that each of these creatures has some kind of ability that goes beyond its animal form (and even sheer size). So, they're not just big, mean version of the standard Zoan -they are archetypes.
But, you may be right: if mythical zoans are supposed to be unique mystical-magical animals (not just big/mean), then that might justify their rarity.

Regarding hybrids, you're right again... although only a chimera and a couatl could be referred as hybrids.
Chimera, though, could be cool: since its a hybrid of MORE than two animals (four, if I remeber correctly), it could allow its user to eat more than one zoan fruit, combining their forms and abilities.

yea i know u're not making them up

i'm chinese, i'm familiar with my own myths

point is, most mythical creatures are stuff like fox spirits, tiger spirits, dog deity, blah blah. it doesn't work in OP, it wouldn't work, it just seems too weird. if it were a zoan, it would be what, fox fox fruit: model godly?

i can't see this happening, but yea that's just me.. but personally i'm more interested to see this conversation going the unique creature way hehehe.

So far we have oriental dragons, western dragons, unicorns, any other unique creatures?

Ilyes84
November 22, 2009, 01:44 PM
point is, most mythical creatures are stuff like fox spirits, tiger spirits, dog deity, blah blah. it doesn't work in OP, it wouldn't work, it just seems too weird. if it were a zoan, it would be what, fox fox fruit: model godly?

Yeah, right about that. If there is an InuInu fruit, model Kitsune, what separates it from a spirit fox? Yes, you have a point. :)
(well, there could be a KamiKami no Mi, model Kistune -but that's just me and my 9-tail fox fetish :amuse)

More unique creatures... I have no idea. Medusa was my favourite, I think Oda came up with the mythical zoan idea after that "gorgon curse" thing with Hancock. She could've been a perfect candidate for a Medusa fruit. Bah...
[hr]
How about a Cerberus fruit, with the power to summon and control ghosts?