September 20, 2009, 07:27 AM
I think that zoro is the closest one because of this
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/195/17/

he is learning to hear the sound of everything and then cut it

http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/507/07/

and here is way the Pirate King was the strongest he could hear everything

ANBU4U
September 20, 2009, 11:15 AM
I think those have two different meanings.

Zorro can interpret....the inner meaning of things, their breath. And thus split them with his will more than his blade.

The Pirate King on the other hand was able to not only understand foreign text...but write in it as well...supposedly without conscious effort. Its simply implied that he understood, and was able to respond in kind. That screams Devil Fruit to me.

It was probably a passive ability. Non-combat. The ability to understand all things. the knowledge fruit, or something to that nature.

In the eyes of the WG by the way, that HAS to be the scariest fruit ever.

ScratchmenApoo
September 20, 2009, 02:52 PM
I think that every person in One Piece has Haki - Some just have more of it and are able to control it, such as Zoro. His Asura attack may be one of those techniques to bring out that power. The hearing of such things is also called Mantra, maybe it's the same thing, but Enel's people just called it with another way - they had mastered Haki.

Yans86
September 21, 2009, 09:24 AM
It was probably a passive ability. Non-combat. The ability to understand all things. the knowledge fruit, or something to that nature.

In the eyes of the WG by the way, that HAS to be the scariest fruit ever.

Yeah,I thought the same thing.More likely he has the ability to touch something and "hear/see" the history behind the object/person....kinda like Rohan Kishibe in JOJO with his power "heaven's door"...

modoki
September 21, 2009, 11:03 AM
Whether Zoro knows Haki or not, he will really need it when its Hawkeye time

Bigall
September 21, 2009, 01:02 PM
Darkpriest, I definitly agreed with you.
ScratchmenApoo, I agreed with you to.

Do you remember Rob Lucci's Rokusho technique. I mean, that could be some sort of haki also... Don't anyone think the same?

ScratchmenApoo
September 22, 2009, 07:21 AM
Do you remember Rob Lucci's Rokusho technique. I mean, that could be some sort of haki also... Don't anyone think the same?

I feel that all Rokushiki abilities are just physical abilities carried to the extreme - doing something incredibly strong or incredibly fast.

Also, I feel that Zoro's Haki is almost on par with Luffy's, because he wants to be The Strongest Swordsman and fill his promise to Kuina, which to me sounds of the same calibre as wanting to become the Pirate King.
Maybe thatswhy some of Zoro's attacks are so massively devastating that he uses Haki without understanding that he is using it?

Lord Rayleigh
September 22, 2009, 09:24 AM
because he wants to be The Strongest Swordsman and fill his promise to Kuina, which to me sounds of the same calibre as wanting to become the Pirate King.
Actually, it is not the same calibre. Mihawks clearly said that it was really more difficult than becoming the strongest swordman.

neomaster121
September 22, 2009, 11:25 AM
Actually, it is not the same calibre. Mihawks clearly said that it was really more difficult than becoming the strongest swordman.

more difficult but preety much same level type of dream

Both of them will go through hardships

and Zoro won't stop after he becomes the world number 1 he will continue to help luffy get stronger

luffy dream maybe harder but they are both o the highest dificulty

modoki
September 22, 2009, 11:33 AM
So with that being said, i know everyone of the crew members are either getting stronger, smarter, or learning something on their islands, but why is Zoro at the same place as perona??? I mean will be cutting ghosts all day to get stronger lol.

neomaster121
September 22, 2009, 03:01 PM
So with that being said, i know everyone of the crew members are either getting stronger, smarter, or learning something on their islands, but why is Zoro at the same place as perona??? I mean will be cutting ghosts all day to get stronger lol.

well if he could do that then wouldn't he be able to cut logia types

her ghoast are intanglable

now i don't think he'd be able to cut through them but if he can withstand them just by will power alone the effect will be like with ussop and she'll do what ever he requests

aka take him back

to me being perona could either be rest (boring)
or strengthing his will power (lead to new things the next time we see him fight)

keydude
September 23, 2009, 11:17 PM

They'd get pretty lonely all alone on an island....

...and Zoro's needed to relax for a while :p

Mmmmmmmm I happen to agree with ScratchmanApoo about everyone having haki.

My views on haki are pretty well defined. You should check the beginnings of 'em here (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1580157&postcount=224).

In my opinion, Zoro's nowhere closer than the rest of the crew when it comes to using haki for specific purposes. His hearing "the sounds of things" is less about his personal willforce (to coin a term) and more about his ability to cut things.

One COULD cut things with haki, but then it would be a matter of believing you can cut the thing strongly enough instead of understanding how the thing should be cut. It's a difficult thing to describe.

Metaphorically, it's the difference between removing the most important piece in a machine on purpose (destroying the machine in a very precise way) and wanting to destroy it so bad that you tear out as many pieces as you can, eventually doing the same thing. One is knowledge based, the other is based on determination/will power/willforce/conviction/haki.

My two cents :tem

Darkever
January 05, 2010, 04:11 PM
I agree that hearing the voice of all things may be somehow related to haki. But, more than that, we already saw Zoro use his haki when he becomes Asura!
We also saw Luffy use haki many times, but it seems he uses it mostly unconsciously when he's shaken by strong emotions. On the other hand, Zoro uses it willingly and consciously. (All of this assuming Asura is haki, but I don't see any alternative to explain it...)

RichardMNixon
January 05, 2010, 04:28 PM
I don't think haki flows into many attacks subconsciously making them stronger. When Luffy knocked out the Kuja panther they specified that he did it with brute strength and no haki.

anaskr
April 09, 2010, 09:31 AM
Does Zoro Possess Haki??!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4XN70obwxM

Well !! If u See Gold D.Roger Had Haki and Had The Power To Listen To The Sound Of Everything Around(as said by Reyleigh)!! maybe different to [Aisa(sky island) and Coby]!!

The Same way if u look Back Even Zoro Has the power to listen to the things around when he was fighting Mr.2 !! mostly if u see all the episodes, when there is a fight going on or something of that sort zoro gets to know the earliest as to someone is coming or u can say is going to come!! And With The Video above u can see maybe not haki but its similar to haki!! or it may not be haki !! but As Silver had haki being Rogers vice captian, i suppose Zoro should have a haki of his own (As being Luffys First Mate)!! Or Maybe Its like THE DEVIL WITHIN HIM which Didn show up in the VIDEO above which showed up when he was fighting KAKU?! using ASHURA??!!

You Can also look at this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UECu3jSWJqE&feature=related

so what do u think?! is it a repost? sorry den!! :s:darn:notrust:)

Uriel
April 09, 2010, 09:36 AM
I'm not sure it has now, but He will. After all, He's the one Luffy trust the most with Sanji when it comes to protect his nakama.

hot_chips
April 09, 2010, 09:38 AM
Haki (覇気) means ambition/aspiration so yeah, of course Zoro has it.
He has a dream as do the rest of the Straw Hats so all of them should have enough of it to render it useful in the context of strengthening their attacks and so forth.

kangclaw
April 11, 2010, 12:33 AM
Firstly, we do not know much about Haki.

Secondly, we are assuming Haki is the only non-DF power out there. I think there may be other sources of power, than Haki or DF.

In one piece; without haki and Df, people can do some amazing things. Some of the CP9 techniques like Geppou, I think, allows a person to float or fly and this is all purely physical.

Usually if anyone uses Haki, the manga indicates somehow.

Yes, Zorro does have certain talents and potential abilities, which have not been fully explained in the manga yet. The manga has not given much explanation yet.

Will Zorro have Haki in the in the future? I don't know, and I wouldn't mind.

Poneglyph420
April 11, 2010, 01:06 AM
It would lend to reason if Zoro was to develop some sort of Haki and for sure will continue to develop. It's actually likely in his current sojourn that he will come to understand more of the power he's capable of. Much like Luffy Zoro has been able to accomplish amazing feats, but with raw potential. I voted maybe or no, but fully expecting that uncovering his full capability will give him access to Haki, and perhaps power beyond....

kangclaw
April 11, 2010, 01:20 AM
It would lend to reason if Zoro was to develop some sort of Haki and for sure will continue to develop. It's actually likely in his current sojourn that he will come to understand more of the power he's capable of. Much like Luffy Zoro has been able to accomplish amazing feats, but with raw potential. I voted maybe or no, but fully expecting that uncovering his full capability will give him access to Haki, and perhaps power beyond....

I have to agree. I believe that Zorro will likely uncover more of his capability in his adventure. I am excited at what he will discover about himself and what strength level he will reach. I really felt bad for them at the end of Thriller Bark and at the end of Shabondy Archipelago arc.

Doomchen
April 15, 2010, 09:28 AM
I think Zoro will eventually become able to use Haki.
First of all, if Haki is meant to be spirit or willpower we've seen that Zoro has enough of that but yet to develop what Haki really means. Plus as we have seen people with swords fighting logias using haki twice it would make sense for Zoro to gain Haki at some point.

Junaid_Sennin
October 03, 2010, 01:37 PM
I think a better way of phrasing it would be to say Zoro had a head start in terms of haki compared to the rest of the crew. In that battle with Mr. 1 he heard the breath of everything, which I think was Kenbunshoku Haki, and he was able to slash Mr. 1, which may have been Busoushoku Haki, since it would explain how he bypassed Mr. 1's steel body, but it's not impossible that he just cut through steel as if it was any other steel and not devil-fruit body steel, you get what I'm saying.

For example, Luffy could hit Enel because Rubber is an insulator, but another way to hit Enel would be with Busoushoku Haki. Likewise, Busoushoku Haki can let you cut Mr. 1, but it's also possible to just have the ability to cut steel.

But I'm secretly hoping it was Busoushoku Haki.

Jorge D. Dragon
October 05, 2010, 03:01 PM
Yeah, I'm hoping for zoro having Haki. At least Colour of Armaments. It would be also great for him to have colour of observation.:)
Then, SH would be really badass.:)

kingasas33
October 07, 2010, 06:51 AM
lol....everyone has haki....that why every one in amazon lily can use it...it whether he has haki like luffy can use or not...
i think he will....he is luffy first mate after all

frontaLobotomy
October 07, 2010, 06:56 AM
I think Zoro has Haoshoku, but it hasn't fully awakened yet, and with that he'll be able to use the other 2 colours proficiently, just like Rayleigh.

roxas_strife2
October 08, 2010, 05:08 PM
I won't deny that Zoro possesses Haki, but I will argue that you're wrong to think that Mantra is the power behind some of Zoro's techniques. You said that Mantra was what allowed Zoro to cut through steel, but that doesn't really align with what mantra is. Mantra is a form of Haki that allows one to detect the presence of others, let's just assume this applies to sentient things, by extension of it perhaps only allowing one to sense that which possesses the capacity to use Haki as well. Mantra is more like being able to sense their very existence, as well as sense a sort of aura that can allow you to read their intentions. Such as when Mihawk attacked Luffy and Luffy sensed Mihawk's intent to harm and the form of harm he aimed to cause. I'm saying that this ability does not come from Haki, but I would imagine it comes from just being more in tune with the flow of things. Maybe a relative ability to Mantra, but one that more so applies to nature than just to living beings. I would like that. It would make more sense for the techniques we've seen strong swordsmen in the series use.

kkck
October 08, 2010, 08:16 PM
Does this thread serve a purpose nowadays? Luffy would seem to have by all intents and purposes mastered haki. Before the timeskip he and luffy were just as incapable of using it(except for luffy's unconscious use of it) and now I would think both of them have a measure of it. In a worst case scenario luffy is better than zoro at it. This thread no longer serve a purpose, at least not with its current title.

rayan.68000
December 14, 2010, 04:02 AM
Hi everyone

If we consider Luffy as the pirate king and Zoro as his second,
and if we compare Luffy and Zoro to Gol D. roger and Rayleigh
Zoro must be as strong as Rayleigh, so he must have Haki and haoushoukou haki like Luffy and Rayleigh...

what do you
think?

kkck
December 14, 2010, 01:44 PM
I think it is likely that zoro has conqueror's haki too. His very goal is to stand above the best swordsmen in the world and I guess he is a parallel to Rayleigh. I wouldn't find it strange in the least.

Jorge D. Dragon
December 14, 2010, 02:17 PM
kkck
Surely Zoro is a parallel with Rayleigh as Luffy with Roger, but I doubt he can use Haki as for now. Hence I'd say that this thread still has a purpose.:)