PDA

View Full Version : Gantz tiers?

Eksh
September 20, 2009, 09:23 PM
I guess everyone here knows about tiers.. Seen it on tons of games/series. I think Gantz can get a list too, would be happy to hear your thoughts about it!

Alien/Vampire Tiers

OverPowered Tier

Nuri Final Boss

Top Tier

Nuri Minibosses
Host Samurai
Nuri demons [Those who fought HS and KillBill]
Oni Final Boss
David Statue
Kapa Final Boss

Mid-Top Tier

Italy mission aliens
T-Rex
Terycertopes [Probably wrote the name wrong, Kapa mission]
Kill Bill
1,000 Hands Statue
Nuri Big Aliens
Oni

Mid Tier

Kapa Alien
Buddha Statue
Chibi Alien
Tanaka Final Boss[B]

Mid-Low Tier

Grumpy Alien/His partner
Tanaka Alien
Onion Dad
Temple Arc Statues
Small Dinosaurs

Low Tier

Small Nuri Aliens
Onion Kid

Tokyo Team [Equipped]

Top Tier

Izumi
Kei
Sakata
Sakurai
Kaze

Top-Mid Tier

Katou
Nishi [B-Guns]
Suzuki

Mid Tier

Inaba
Nishi
Reika
Lara Croft
Kishimoto
That Japanese Model Gantz used to call "Homo" [Forgot the name]
Stalker

Low Tier

Takeshi
Panda
Butter Dog

Tokyo Team [No Equip]

Top Tier

Sakata
Sakurai
Kaze
Izumi
Martial Artist [Fought bare hands vs a few statues, gotta give him credit..]

Top-Mid Tier

Katou

Mid Tier

Inaba
Suzuki
Kei
Nishi
Japanese Idol
Lara Croft [Knew some martial arts]
Reika
Kishimoto
Stalker

Shit Tier

Takeshi
Panda
Butter Dog

Feel free to correct me/state your opinions, etc

cassaruby
September 20, 2009, 10:31 PM
OverPowered Tier

Nuri Final Boss
David Statue w/ Italy mission aliens

Top Tier

Oni Final Boss
1,000 Hands Statue
Nuri Minibosses
Kappa Final Boss
Chibi Alien survivor

Mid Tier

Oni minibosses
Tanaka Final Boss
T-Rex
Terycertopes
Chibi brigade
Kapa Alien [Buffed]

Mid-Low Tier

Grumpy Aliens
Onion Dad
Small Dinosaurs
Temple Arc Statues
Small Nuri Aliens
Tanaka Alien

Low Tier

Onion Kid

Host Samurai
Kei
Katou
Izumi
Kaze

Mid Tier

Nishi
Sakata
Reika
Lara Croft
Martial Artist
Panda
Sakurai
Kill Bill

Lower Tier

Takeshi
Suzuki
Inaba
Homo
Kishimoto
Stalker
Butter Dog

roughly in this order

A_N_G_E_L
September 20, 2009, 10:34 PM
Nice idea, but why is Sakurai in the top-tier and Katou in the Top-Mid?
Sakurai got really weak since his master died and didn't use his powers since a long time! He should be in the Mid.
Katou took out a 100 Pointer, the Kannon and other really strong Aliens(very often Suit-less) and he is just in the Mid-top-tier?

More corrections: I think Nishi should be top too, he is probably the only Gantzer that uses his brain. Kurono always Top(I'm thinking on the pre-Nuri-Kurono). Inaba and Kishimoto belongs in the Low-tier, Takeshi should be much higher up(he killed more Aliens than Titz). I think there should be more changes but I want to see what other people think!:)

Aaaaaaahhhh!!! Cassaruby you are faster!

Eksh
September 20, 2009, 11:18 PM
Placed Sakurai on top because he can pretty much kill a man without using force [His psychic power is enough]

Hmm, Katou did take the 100 pointer, but he didn't do it by himself

Good corrections though, guess I'll do as you say and wait for other opinions as well

digitaldude
September 21, 2009, 02:17 AM
The David statue was no where near overpowered tier cassaruby, he was noob sauce, I'd rate him slightly above the giant Buddha statue, also I'd put the sniper from the Buddha mission in the mid tier, he was pretty good.

Damura
September 21, 2009, 08:43 AM
Top tier:
Freshy Fresh

Shit tier:
Host Samurai
Kei
Katou
Izumi
Kaze
Nishi
Sakata
Reika
Lara Croft
Martial Artist
Panda
Sakurai
Kill Bill
Takeshi
Suzuki
Inaba
Homo
Kishimoto
Stalker
Butter Dog

BrazilianGantzer
September 21, 2009, 03:01 PM
...also I'd put the sniper from the Buddha mission in the mid tier, he was pretty good.

Especially since all that we saw him do was without the suit. Imagine if he put it on? I really hope someone revives him one day; but it's unlikely since 99% of the players in that mission died and the ones that are back are very unlikely to remember him.

georgemarvin
September 28, 2009, 02:05 AM
Reika and Nishi are always underestimated, and Kaze is overestimated. Kaze doesn't use his weapons or his brain. He's basically glorified cannon fodder. On the other hand, Nishi's tactics are designed for maximum carnage and minimum risk. Reika has shown both brains and courage, but she doesn't get much credit for them. Sakurai has been completely useless without Sakata. I would put the order something like this:

Monsters:
Ultra-over-powered:
Nuri
Sebastian
1000 arms

Mid-level:
Nuri Sub-bosses
Dino boss
T-Rex
Lightning elemental
Fire elemental
Shapeshifter (Water elemental???)
Earth elemental

Low-Level:
Onions
Tanakas
Chibis
Horsemen
Vampires

Gantz Team:

Top Tier:
Kei
Katou
Izumi
Host Samurai
Oka

2nd tier:
Reika
Nishi
Kaze
Sakata
Sei (Lara Croft lookalike)
Kuwabara (the alien rapist; gotta admit it took guts to climb a 50-foot-tall mountain of women like that)

3rd tier:
Sniper
Biker thug (forgot his name)
Old Man
George and Knob-Yan

Crappy beyond belief tier, in order of uselessness:
Anzu (I really liked her character, but let's admit it, she didn't have a lot of brains or skills)
Kill Bill (A real burden for HS to have to drag around all through the Nuri mission)
Kishimoto (Goes without any explanation)
Sakurai (totally worthless without Sakata)
Homo
Homo's Stalker
Panda
Takeshi
biker thugs
Butter Dog
Inaba (even more useless than Butter Dog)

Damura
September 28, 2009, 05:36 AM
^
I disagree georgemarvin!
Oka and Host Samurai and should be top tier and everyone else bumped a tier below. I'd like to say that Nishi is up there with Kei and Katou, but we really haven't seen it. I'm hoping Nishi will adapt to the invisibility-detecting aliens for once, instead of being torn apart with ease when he gets discovered. It's hard to judge his real skills when the only things he's fought are Tanaka, which caught him off guard (plus while his suit was damaged), and Nuri, potentially the most dangerous enemy ever encountered.

I also would have put the sexaholic and george into the same tier as Kei/Katou, but that's just me. They looked very skilled from what I saw.

BrazilianGantzer
September 28, 2009, 11:30 AM
^

I also gotta disagree, George, but with a different thing: Knob and George should be in the same tier as Reika and Nishi. I know that they work alone and that's the main cause of their deaths (or death, since we're not sure if Knob actually did die...), but they did clear 100 pts 3 times and 4 times respectively, as opposed to Reika with 2 clears and Nishi with x clears (seems like it's only 1).

Yes, I agree that
Reika and Nishi are always underestimated but surely they're not an entire tier in front of Knob and George?!

Shion Izumi
October 01, 2009, 01:12 PM
Its been stated that the Oni is more powerful than 1000 Arms.

I would say Oni and Nuri Mini Bosses are on even playing grounds.

Host Samurai >>>1000 Arms

Host Samurai = Oni and Nuri Mini Bosses.

El Samurai Guapo
October 24, 2009, 02:12 AM
Its been stated that the Oni is more powerful than 1000 Arms.

I would say Oni and Nuri Mini Bosses are on even playing grounds.

Host Samurai >>>1000 Arms

Host Samurai = Oni and Nuri Mini Bosses.

Stated where? 1,000 arms was way deadlier than Oni because it had several attacks that could kill you instantly regardless of the suit (laser, acid, swords). To top it off it could regenerate itself. The Oni alien was tough, but it lacked any regenerative abilities or suit penetrating abilities. Kei was able to tank quite a few hits from Oni before his suit was destroyed. Luckily by the time that happened the Oni alien himself was pretty worn down himself.

Host Samurai alone would get RAPED by the 1,000 arms statue, unless he's got like an H-gun or something. Getting close to the 1K arms with a katana = suicide because it will either throw acid at you or slice you with it's own sword. It could possibly even use the laser, which would be very difficult to dodge at that range.

The best way to deal with that alien would be either the Y-gun like kato used, or possibly the H-gun (spamming it the way Kato did against Nuri).

GAT-X252
October 24, 2009, 08:56 AM
Well, it was written at the beginning of the chapter 206:

Anihilation, surprise and retribution...the strongest alien in Gantz history starts to move...!

This appeared when the Oni Alien Boss was about to fight. I think Oku created the Oni Alien to be the biggest threat in the manga until that mission, even more dangerous than the Kannon of 1000 arms.

I do agree on what you say about Hikawa, he wouldn't stand a chance against the kannon with only his vampire weapons, but with a H Gun it would be easy to bring down the statue, the vampire is very fast and agile.

kaliayev
October 24, 2009, 02:00 PM
Top tier:
Freshy Fresh

Not even the anomaly can surpass Freshy fresh.

Stated where? 1,000 arms was way deadlier than Oni because it had several attacks that could kill you instantly regardless of the suit (laser, acid, swords). To top it off it could regenerate itself. The Oni alien was tough, but it lacked any regenerative abilities or suit penetrating abilities. Kei was able to tank quite a few hits from Oni before his suit was destroyed. Luckily by the time that happened the Oni alien himself was pretty worn down himself.

Host Samurai alone would get RAPED by the 1,000 arms statue, unless he's got like an H-gun or something. Getting close to the 1K arms with a katana = suicide because it will either throw acid at you or slice you with it's own sword. It could possibly even use the laser, which would be very difficult to dodge at that range.

The best way to deal with that alien would be either the Y-gun like kato used, or possibly the H-gun (spamming it the way Kato did against Nuri).

You should probably keep in mind that the thing that raped Katou's chest with its tail is the actual alien (with slight facial modifications). Everything else counts as gadgets. Thousand arms was completely reliant upon his gadgets when purging the Tokyo team. He wasn't much of a threat without them. As an alien, he was mediocre at best (hell, he couldn't even knock out a nigh powerless Katou before the latter delivered a killing blow). While inhabiting the statue, thousand arms was a problem, but certainly manageable for anyone who is capable of analyzing one's environment and opponents (a little common sense would result in one's determining which gadgets, acid, laser, and regeneration devices, needed to be eliminated). In my mind, oni's vs. thousand arms' statuses as biological entities is ultimately the context for the line Gat cites. If the oni boss were to be given the same advantage, in regards to gadgets, that thousand arms had, you would be saying that the oni boss surpassed Nura. However, gadgets are only useful until someone figures out 1) that you are dependent upon said gadgets and 2) how to disable said gadgets. Look at how quickly Nishi was eliminated after the cloaking device failed or how quickly hunters are killed after their suits lose their juices. One of the most dangerous aspects of the onis and vamps was that they had figured out how to neutralize/exploit the equipment (using the radar against the hunters to set up traps, contact lenses for cloaking, and disabling the suits) the hunters were dependent upon.

You also need to remember that HS doesn't go rushing into seemingly hopeless fights. The cat chooses the most opportune moment to strike and the method the situation calls for. HS never would have given thousand arms the opportunities the latter had against the Tokyo team (i.e. Kurono's bum rush). Hell, HS didn't even get involved in the Nura fight until it was absolutely necessary. Meanwhile, he proved that he can easily dodge laser beams and swords during the Osaka mission. Besides, he wouldn't necessarily start a fight with thousand arms by engaging in close combat. The cat can extract a gun from his hand. Just as easily as the Tokyo team met misfortune, HS could shoot the basin of acid with his gun, causing the acid to splash all over thousand arms' precious gadgets. Add in a few slashes here and a few thrusts there. Oh look, fight's over because HS has more common sense than the Tokyo team.

HS has proven himself against more capable opponents than thousand arms, who ultimately failed to defeat a group of amateurs, has and because of that, HS easily ranks higher in my book.

At the same time, I agree that HS should be ranked lower than the oni boss. The former was deferential to the latter during the oni mission. Of course, whenever HS starts using gantz guns, all bets are off (I really hope he took his suit when no one was looking...*pictures HS in a hunting suit* bwa ha ha ha ha).

cassaruby
October 24, 2009, 04:36 PM
Exactly.

makes me hope HS turns into an enemy again or dies like a chump (like Izumi did).

Mr.Aaron
October 24, 2009, 04:36 PM
Okay, here's how I see it. I don't actually see Kei being some magical being who belongs in the same Tier with a bulky as fuck street fighter.

Legends of Gantz Tier:
Oka Hachirou
Kaze
Izumi Shion
Host Samurai? Maybe Champion. Not sure.

Champions of Gantz Tier:
Masaru Katou
Kurono Kei
Sakata
George
Knob-yan
Kuwabara

Borderline Champion Tier:
Nishi Joichiro
Sakurai
Reika
Sei Sakuraoka
Sniper Guy
Kyou the Junkie
Kill Bill

Soldiers of Gantz Tier:
Masanobu Hojo
Gramps Suzuki
Anzu
Nerdo
Karate Guy from Bhudda mission

The "We don't do shit" Tier:
Kei Kishimoto
Butter Dog
Sadako
Knob's Girlfriend
Glasses guy from Bhudda mission
Takeshi

GAT-X252
October 24, 2009, 05:08 PM
As an alien, he was mediocre at best (hell, he couldn't even knock out a nigh powerless Katou before the latter delivered a killing blow).

Yeah, but that was kinda weird.

The alien punched Kato in the stomach while the suit was still functional, and Kato felt the punch really hard even with the suit on.

http://www.mangavolume.com/index.php?serie=gantz&chapter=gantz-87&page_nr=12

After some blows, the suit finally goes off.

http://www.mangavolume.com/index.php?serie=gantz&chapter=gantz-87&page_nr=14

It was suposed to be a hell of a punch (i mean, look at Kato¡s face when he recieved the blow), how could Kato survive so many attacks?

kaliayev
October 24, 2009, 05:32 PM
It was suposed to be a hell of a punch (i mean, look at Kato¡s face when he recieved the blow), how could Kato survive so many attacks?

Because thousand arms' punches couldn't dismember unprotected people like the punches from chibi or oni boss could...or Katou consumes an unnatural amount of calcium and vitamin d.

Tumerking
October 24, 2009, 06:14 PM
Top Teir
Kurono - I think he could beat host samurai if Kurono was wearing his suit and HS wasn't.
Host Samurai
Izumi
Oka - I'm a little hesitant to put him because i haven't seen him really fight that much, but he got 700 points so he can obviously kick some alien ass.

Almost Top
Katou
Kaze
George
Reika - is turning out to be a kick ass sniper.
Kuwabara - stuck his penis into a giant boob monster and lived to tell the tale. 'nough said.
Sakata - definetly got points for holding back Nuri

Middle Teir
Cherry
Old man
Sniper
Nishi
Kill Bill

The "eh" Teir
Takashi
Homo
Anzu
Kishimoto
Panda? - he got 40 points somehow so idk.

The cannon fodder teir
Everyone else.

Shion Izumi
November 08, 2009, 11:36 AM
Should Host Samurai be ranked lower than the Oni Boss? It seemed like the Oni Boss was taking orders from HS during that ark.

Also People are forgetting that HS can spawn a gun to take out 1000 Arms from long range and he is wicked fast to dodge his lasers. He would make 1000 Arms into 100,000 pieces.

Nishi would be a better opponent for 1000 Arms, giving Nishis tactics would not be so effective and would have to be smarter in battle.
[hr]
Also, Hojo was not that bad at all. He had potential to be a excellent Gantzer. Deff better than Kill Bill, Inaba and the Karate Guy. He just got killed by an Alien that was way too much for an inexperienced team at the time.

BrazilianGantzer
November 09, 2009, 08:42 AM
We have to remember, though, that deep down the Thousand Arms alien wasn't such a tough boss. All they had to do was destroy that disk thing in its hand and it would loose the ability to regenerate. Whilst I cannot blame them for not noticing (after all, realizing that one little disk is the key to defeating that thing is very hard) I think it wouldn't be a very tough monster.

Sure it's weapons were tougher than average but one blast from and H-gun would crush the whole alien (disk included) and it would remain a bloody puddle on the floor.