PDA

View Full Version : Predictions The Next Shichibukai?

firework
September 27, 2009, 11:04 PM
It seems that jimbei will be off the schichibukai list, so who do you think will take his spot? Blackbeard may also be off, and maybe even Hancock after this war. There will almost definitely be a free spot.

so who will rise to take the coveted pirate seat?

a supernova?
a New World pirate?
an as-yet-unseen pirate?

place your bets here!

chess4
September 28, 2009, 12:24 AM
i think the shichbukai as a group is done after this fight? i think they will all start sailing by themselves again. i think that there reputation will be ruined after this war anyway

deffkryz
September 28, 2009, 01:31 AM
I agree with chess4 - right now the shichibukai aren't reliable at all for the WG:

Teach - a clear f*cked up decision to choose him as Crocodile's substitute, just take a look at Sengoku's face fault
Kuma - does what he wants/his intentions remain yet unclear. At least he seems to be caught between two stools.
Hancock - immobilized when used as enemy to Luffy, one that now is declared as thread to the world.
Jinbei - quit, immobilized when used as anemy to Whitebeard, his crew members and allies.
Crocodile - tried to take over a country lead by a WG member
Moria - unclear, probably leaves the Shichibukai once he's in range of becoming Kaizoku-Ou
Doflamingo - unclear

If the WG is again stupid enough to rely on pirates, then only for the money they make by crushing other pirates.

Akainu
September 28, 2009, 05:20 AM
I agree that the Shichibukai as a whole might be done for after the war.
On the other hand the world government might wnat to reestablish them as institution and since I don't see all of the Supernovae being used in the neew world maybe one or two of them - not even those with the highest bounty - might become part of this renewal.

BlackHair
September 28, 2009, 06:15 AM
After this war, the era we know won't exist anymore. If WB goes down, then it will be a huge win for the WG. Maybe The Shichi aren't even needed anymore. I don't expect the same equibrium to exixst in the new era. Well lets wait and see.

ScratchmenApoo
September 28, 2009, 06:59 AM
My prediction : The Shichibukai will be torn apart after the war and they will move on with their paths. Also, I believe that the World Government, as we know it now, will be disrupted and maybe even cancelled, and the only Justice will be the Gorousei and the Cipher Pol agencies, whose true powers we will see in the future ongoing of One Piece. The Marines will perish - meaning the pirates will win. However, Whitebeard and the others will show mercy to the Admirals and Sengoku, allowing them to flee (?). They get back Ace and go on with their adventures.

BlackHair
September 28, 2009, 09:09 AM
My prediction : The Shichibukai will be torn apart after the war and they will move on with their paths. Also, I believe that the World Government, as we know it now, will be disrupted and maybe even cancelled, and the only Justice will be the Gorousei and the Cipher Pol agencies, whose true powers we will see in the future ongoing of One Piece. The Marines will perish - meaning the pirates will win. However, Whitebeard and the others will show mercy to the Admirals and Sengoku, allowing them to flee (?). They get back Ace and go on with their adventures.I mostly disagree with ur prediction. WB needs to go down, sadly but that is plot-wise needed -imo.

About the bolded part, it seems u got mixed up sth. The MHQ is a force of the world government. Means, if they go down, the WG would still exist. The WG is formed by over 17 Nation, with the Gorusai as their head. Also Ciphor Pol as far as we know are only intelligence agencies. They can't even dream to replace the MHQ. Since they would be hugely outnumbered.

Darkever
September 28, 2009, 09:48 AM
I expect great changes after this war, which includes the disappearance of the shichibukai status. The group is completely falling apart after years of stability, and I doubt the marines will rebuild it.

Croc, Jimbei and Blackbeard have betrayed.
Hancock is in love with Luffy, and will probably betray in this war.
Kuma has obviously ties with the rebellion and Dragon, and will betray them, soon or later.
Moria has already been beaten by a rookie. They kept him a shichbukai only because the war was so close.
That leaves Mihawk and Doflamingo.

modoki
September 28, 2009, 09:42 PM
i think the shichbukai as a group is done after this fight? i think they will all start sailing by themselves again. i think that there reputation will be ruined after this war anyway

I highly agree, this war alone will significantly split the shichibukai. There's already leaving members and traitors ( Kuma, Jimbei ). I remember during thriller bark after moria was defeated, the Gorousei made a big deal about possibly losing a member of the shichibukai.

I could hardly imagine how they would react loosing 2+

BlackHair
September 29, 2009, 04:50 AM
I could hardly imagine how they would react loosing 2+I believe they don't care about that.

The Yonko are rivalling pirates, with WB at the top. If he falls, then some1 has to take his spot. So that would mean battles: pirates (Yonko) fighting each other for the next level. So they would weakened themselves or even take out each other. I think WG would use that as a opportunity to strike. If the NW pirates (Yonko) are weakened or even destroyed, there is no need for the Shihcibukai anymore.

That's why I said the equilibrium we know, might not exists after the whole war. The NW will be in chaos.

bittman
September 29, 2009, 05:46 AM
They won't disband - why? Because Kuma being a "spy" doesn't work if he gets kicked out a few chapters after being hinted at being a spy.

Disbanding the Shichibukai would be like the WG shooting themselves in the foot. If you think the Shichibukai were just there to scare rookies and backup the admirals in a big fight, you are most definitely mistaken.

The Shichibukai exist because they allow the WG to manage pirates. Sure, eventually it would be nice to get rid of all pirates from the WG's viewpoint, however they exist. And whilst pirates exist, it would be silly to declare war on every single one of them. The saying "Keep your friends close and your enemies closer" is the exact reason the Shichibukai exist.

I'm sure, in their quite possibly long history, that 2 Shichibukai betraying at the same time is not unheard of. If you think the Gorosei are going to make public enemies of powerful pirates rather than turning a blind eye just because 2 guys changed their mind, you must think the Gorousei are a self-destructive bunch.

If you're playing Age of Empires, and you have 3 teams "neutral", no allies and 3 teams "enemy", you don't declare all neutral as "enemy" just because one neutral changed themselves. You also don't declare neutral as enemy just because you beat one enemy.

Tactics people. I've seen no-one mention a benefit of disbanding the Shichibukai other than hoping to not be betrayed again and instead be at open conflict with, doesn't sound like a great move to me.

On topic though: Any of the Supernova, though I expect Law, Kidd, Killer, Capone and Bonney escaped; Hawkins, Drake, Apoo or Urogue are all definitely captured and could make good Shichibukais. That said, if the two slots are instantly filled with 2 Supernova I'll feel a little disappointed because then the only two unrevealed sillouettes in One Piece are Kaidou + 4th Yonkou.

Also...would they be beneath reinstating Crocodile? I doubt they will, but it's an idea worth mentioning.

Franckie
September 29, 2009, 09:48 PM
Crocodile. Despite the fact MHQ will win the "war", they're going to take a decent hit in manpower. Furthermore, with Jinbei's defection and the fact all hell will break out in the New World following WB's death, MHQ will take whatever possible ally they can get. It's not coincidence Croc was brought back in the series at this point in time. Sure, he's a known "traitor", but pairing him off with someone like Smoker should be enough to keep Croc in line.

BlackHair
September 30, 2009, 07:04 AM
With the NW in chaos, I don't think the WG would want scum such as the pirates (Shichubakai) on their side anymore than needed.. While it may be tactically a good move, their foolish pride may stand in their way. Also I don't expect the pirates working for the WG anymore. With the NW in chaos, they have chances to move on their own. Well I just can't see the same equilibrium to exist after the war. Wait and see I guess.

If you're playing Age of Empires, and you have 3 teams "neutral", no allies and 3 teams "enemy", you don't declare all neutral as "enemy" just because one neutral changed themselves. You also don't declare neutral as enemy just because you beat one enemy.

Tactics people. I've seen no-one mention a benefit of disbanding the Shichibukai other than hoping to not be betrayed again and instead be at open conflict with, doesn't sound like a great move to me.
True, u shouldn't make unnecessary enemies. But don't expect ur enemies to work together. They will also fight each other. Personally I don't care making more enemies, if they are weak (in Age3). Same should apply in OP; I beleive the MHQ only cares about the Yonko. While there are other strong priates crews, those four should be at their main radar. So I think they don't care if they have other (such as the SN) as their enemy. That may backfire, if they would unite.. but the chances are small. They are rivalling pirates after all.

Razh
September 30, 2009, 07:12 AM
The fact that WG and Marines turn a blind eye towards most of Shichibukai activities, shows that they really need them. Not to mention how desperate they were to bring all of them to Marineford.
It's not like the need for them will just go away if one of Yonkou gets beaten. There are still 3 other, and who knows how many others.
So, no, I don't think WG is just going to kill Shichibukai. If anything, they will start recruiting even more pirates, regardless of the outcome of this battle. Marines are going to be seriously weakened either way. There are more pirates with each new day, and there's still the threat of Revolutionaries. Disbanding Shichibukai in such an environment would be the work of a retard.

BlackHair
September 30, 2009, 07:18 AM
The reason why they need the Shichi are because the power balance in the NW are stable. If one Yonko gets beaten, the balance gets out of order. I mean the remaining three have to fight for WB's position as the top. Meanwhile other pirates, which had no chance in moving have their chances now (including the Shichi). So the NW would be in chaos, a battlefield of pirates, not only the Yonko.

Even if the MHQ is weakened through the WB War, they have space to rest and could even use the opportunity in the NW to strike.

Disbanding Shichibukai in such an environment would be the work of a retard.I don't even expect the Shichi working for the WG even if they asked. So they could refuse their title to move in the NW.

Razh
September 30, 2009, 07:25 AM
I don't even expect the Shichi working for the WG even if they asked. So they could refuse their title to move in the NW.

Of course, sitting on their asses and fighting some tough opponents if they want is one thing, and getting involved into a military campaign are two different things. But I didn't mean these current Shichibukai, but the Shichibukai as an idea or an institution.

firework
September 30, 2009, 08:17 PM

i considered that too, but at best, only

Jimbei
Blackbeard
Hancock
Kuma

are done for after this war. That still leaves 3 powerful pirates. Even if they beat WB, the WG wont have gained much if they release all 7 pirates from their control. At most, they will dismiss the 4 above ones.

A more realistic situation, however, occurs if WB falls. With one yonkou out and some marines taken out, the shichibukai may not need as many members to keep the power vacuum stable.

The 3 great powers are
Yonkou- may lose 1
WG/Marine- may lose some troops
Shichibukai- will probably lose 2-4 members

If all three groups are weakened, then they may not have to deletea group. However, the revolutionaries add a different variable

NoLimit89
October 02, 2009, 09:01 PM
I don't think Marine would have that much power after this war and hence Shichibukai wouldn't need their protection to do what they want anyways.

ANBU4U
October 03, 2009, 02:08 AM
I don't think Marine would have that much power after this war and hence Shichibukai wouldn't need their protection to do what they want anyways.

Agreed,the Shichibukai will be defunct after this battle.

The government may turn towards the Pacifista to fill the power gap...I'm sure that was their ultimate plan all along. No way the government wanted to rely on turn-coat pirates long term.

But yea, of the current Shichibukai:

Blackbeard Defected, following his own agenda
Boa Hancock Defected, following Monkey D. Luffy
Dracule Mihawk
Jimbei Defected, following Edward Newgate
Don Flamingo Don Quixote
Bartholomew Kuma
Gecko Moria

That leaves a little over half, with only 2 of those being anything approaching reliable.

The WG may fill the ranks with some upstart pirates with sex appeal like the supernova....but I don't see it for three reasons.

1. The Pacifista are coming around.
2. The way the Shichibukai just blew up in their faces the WG should be rethinking the idea.
3. The balance of power will likely shift in the Pirates favor after this war...so why would any Pirate good enough to become a Shichibukai want go give up his autonomy?

LoS
October 05, 2009, 03:56 AM
Gecko Moria

I can't see him being there, slowly but surely he is turning into fodder, not to mention he has already gotten well over his 5 minutes of fame. Being that I can't see him included, there really would be no point in having just 3 active members. And then again there is always the big question with the wild card, Kuma. Which side is he on, will he survive, or sacrifice himself?

zerocooldx
October 09, 2009, 05:00 PM
The Great Pirate Messiah! Buggy! :o

Fox666
March 18, 2010, 05:38 PM
To replace Jinbei and Blackbeard, possible Hancock.

Edit: the topic was merged with another, this introduction post looksed random =P

Uriel
March 18, 2010, 09:36 PM
I'm still doubting about Hancock. She can charm everyone, so I think World Government will overlook her situation.

And I think it will be a quick replace with two new characters.

kkck
March 18, 2010, 10:02 PM
buggy obviously. He will bluff his way to the top.

DEATHBOTT
March 18, 2010, 11:00 PM
kidd will never be because that would mean giving up on his dream. won of the minor supernova however i could see becomeing one. capone, apoo, hawkins or the monk guy forgot his name. bonney judgeing from her reaction to the war won't and neither will drake being an ex marine. law is shown to be like luffy and killer won't because he works for kidd.

no way in hell a whitebeard commander would.

buggy might but i doubt it.

out of old characters the only one i can think of powerful enough to is enel but he would be above working for someone.

ScratchmenApoo
March 19, 2010, 07:58 AM
Didn't vote because I am certain Shichibukai will cease to exist. World Government has finally seen that they are pirates after all and cannot be trusted. Who cares that they are one of the great powers to stop Yonkous from attacking the WG - The 3 admirals will just have to work more.

THM Nindo
March 19, 2010, 08:10 AM
I don't think there will be anymore Shichibukai...
With the Pacificators, they don't need them anymore...

I would even be surprised if Mihawk and Don would remain Shichibukai after all of this...

kkck
March 19, 2010, 11:35 AM
I don't think there will be anymore Shichibukai...
With the Pacificators, they don't need them anymore...

I would even be surprised if Mihawk and Don would remain Shichibukai after all of this...

My impression was that the shichibukai from now on will be needed more than ever though. Overall they actually did a decent job in the war.

1.- Real kuma evidently fought against the pirates and made a difference.

2.- Moria did spectacularly. He trashed oz jr with 1 attack and proceeded to fight Several WB commanders. Just that most likely made a huge difference.

3.- Flamingo did pretty well. He also collaborated in the fight against oz and fought against the commanders. I don't think he ever sided with the pirates.

4.- Mihawk did fight for the marines. Took on commanders, almost killed luffy and broke havoc to his liking. I don't think the marines will have anything against him.

From here things get murkier though.

5.- Boa fought marines and pirates alike at first. She never really sided with anyone other than luffy. That much is not evident though, the marines never really new boa broke luffy into ID nor they knew she gave luffy the key of ace's handcuffs. As far as the marines are concerned, luffy used a sumo move to defeat her. Anyways, with what it has been revealed the marines know, they don't have reasons to hold anything against her.

The cons against the shichibukai are basically crocodile, blackbeard and jimbei. Crocodile was not a shichibukai right now so he can hardly be counted. Jimbei made it clear he was not going to be an asset in this war since before it happened. BB is a serious point off considering he had his own agenda. Basically just 2 out of the 7 current shichibukai were not assets in the war in any way. Considering they are pirates to begin with I don't think things were all that bad, the shichibukai should be expected to be very volatile. Considering the loses that have been undergone in the way by both sides -pirates and marines- I would think the shichibukai will be needed more than ever. The balance of power is gone and the name who kept things in check is also gone -whitebeard-.

Lord Rayleigh
March 19, 2010, 03:19 PM
There is no way Buggy will become a Shichibukai ; it's not as if he was a strong/shining pirate that had not done anything against the WG at his own initiative.
What he's done in the last two arcs, and the fact he was a Roger's nakama makes it impossible : he has turned from a pirate to a direct enemy of the WG (ID jailbreak, video-den-den mushi affair, saved Jimbei and Luffy's lifes).

kkck
March 19, 2010, 05:29 PM
There is no way Buggy will become a Shichibukai ; it's not as if he was a strong/shining pirate that had not done anything against the WG at his own initiative.
What he's done in the last two arcs, and the fact he was a Roger's nakama makes it impossible : he has turned from a pirate to a direct enemy of the WG (ID jailbreak, video-den-den mushi affair, saved Jimbei and Luffy's lifes).

It's not what buggy has actually done but rather what the government thinks he did. As far as the WG is concerned, buggy lead the prisoners out of ID, he lead the prisoners against the WG during the war, survived attacks from mihawk along with being a former crewmember of roger and a friend of shanks. As far as the WG is concerned, buggy is nothing but god and has every possible qualification to be a shichibukai. Of course, we as readers would beg to differ but in the end, how can we? Truth is the WG thinks buggy is a massive threat who has merely waited for his chance.

Uriel
March 20, 2010, 12:11 AM
Anyone present on this war wont become a Shichibukai, I think. In the sides of pirates, I mean.

A new character shall be introduced. :O

Gcat88
March 20, 2010, 09:02 PM
IF there is another Shichibukai, it has to be a new character!!! We do not know anyone that would accept an offer from the government to give up pirating and be a Marine dog.

Bugzee
March 22, 2010, 03:19 PM
I'm hoping the next Shichibukai will be a "completely new character" lol. We got introduced to the supernovas not too long ago so I think it would be great if we got new characters on the marine's side as well. An experienced NW pirate would be ideal since the SH's are heading there next. Hopefully, we'll see two new Shichibukai's. Maybe even three, depending on what kind of future Boa has...;)

Oni Giri
March 27, 2010, 06:09 AM
i think there won't be shichibukai anymore. after seeing their betrayal WG will dismiss them and improved pasifistas will do the job

Samui
March 27, 2010, 10:16 AM
i think there won't be shichibukai anymore. after seeing their betrayal WG will dismiss them and improved pasifistas will do the job
Yeah, that's a good decision - replace the feared Shichibukai with a group of mindless, weaker-than-the-Shichibukai robots.

Hancock alone is able to destroy dozens of Pacifistas, the other Shichibukai would be able to do the same with ease.

Oni Giri
March 27, 2010, 05:08 PM
Yeah, that's a good decision - replace the feared Shichibukai with a group of mindless, weaker-than-the-Shichibukai robots.

Hancock alone is able to destroy dozens of Pacifistas, the other Shichibukai would be able to do the same with ease.

pacifistas are surely weaker than shichibukai but they are loyal and upgradable. and don't forget they are not complete yet

you say hancock destroyed dozens of pacifistas and that is exactly my point. hancock supposed to be an ally. and there is also Blackbeard. he wasn't helpful more than a mere pacifista, was he?

Bugzee
March 30, 2010, 03:10 PM
Well, if the WG want the Pacifista's to completely replace the Shichibukai's then imo they severely need some upgrades. If something (mechanically) goes wrong with PX-zero than the rest of the PX units are useless in my eyes. The real Kuma aka PX-zero lol is the only one who uses the paw paw fruit which I assume is the method in which is used to "transport" the rest of the px's. What happens if PX-Zero is "currently out of order" lol?

I think the Shichibukai will still exist for the time being. Sengoku will probably inforce more spies and whatnot to "look over" their actions/activites.

Oni Giri
March 30, 2010, 03:40 PM
another thing to note; appearently kuma is also mindless and has no free will now. his only difference from other pacifistas is his own devil fruit which i believe can be applied to other pacifistas. so if he can stay as shichibukai, i think other pacifistas can do the job too.

Bugzee
March 30, 2010, 03:47 PM
I think it would be extremely hard for Vegapunk to replicate the paw paw fruit. The nature of Kuma's df ability is extremely difficult to "imitate" compared to Kizaru's light logia imo.

Oni Giri
March 30, 2010, 04:02 PM
well, pacifistas don't have the full power of kizaru's devil fruit. they just fire laser beams.like this only small portion of kuma's power could work if combined with other devil fruit powers.

OunknownO
March 31, 2010, 06:58 AM
vp can't replicate df power because the df has "plot shield".. I think that in the end df will be somehow tied to lost century, raftel and op itself

Marche
April 04, 2010, 11:18 AM
1) Jimbei, BB and Hancock (in the truth I think than now she is still a Schichibukai, if she will be dismissed, this will be for what She will do now with Rufy, no for her previous action) will be replaced by the pacifistas (a hundred of Pacifistas).
2) New character.
3) Crocodile (but i don't think more this).

urlaub
April 04, 2010, 12:38 PM
So we had robo-kuma,mihawk,doflaming,boa,moria and jinbei,teach.
Jinbei and teach are no more.
so 5 left. And we need 2 new ones, since Croc is surely the enemy.
But as you know Boa may have trouble and her motives are pretty open I guess. Plus Doflaming is in the future against the governement. He has his own plans. Kuma is alos a kinda weird relationship guy. Plus Moria hasn't got any respect in my eyes anymore anyway, so Mihawk stays left.

So taking into account all this. The schibukai rank seems like a fading thing. And therefore the governement needs even more than 2 new schishibukai to keep the supposed balance. I guess this means, if they even do it, new strong characters in the future.

BetaRuler
April 07, 2010, 11:22 AM
from what i gather the shichibukai may not have always been so easy to keep filled, like they were considering making Ace a shichibukai 2 years ago, I wonder who got his place instead?

I can only guess it wasn't Jimbei since he was called a shichibukai when he first met Ace wasn't he?

As for who would become Shichibukai's now... Personally I'd like 1 of the Supernovas, maybe Basil Hawkins would make a fun shichibukai, and maybe for the other to be a new world captain who would be sum1 we haven't seen yet.

hy4k
April 15, 2010, 10:35 PM
Jimbei's defected. Blackbeard's screwed them over. Moria is done for.

Assuming that only Doflamingo, Mihawk, Kuma and Hancock remain there will need to be three new Recuits to round off the group. Especially now that the marines are in such a weakened state

so who do you reckon could fit the bill? Rob Lucci? One of the Supernovas? Arlong? Who?

undertoe
April 15, 2010, 10:41 PM
Rob Lucci can't. The Shichibukai are all pirates.

I don't think it could be someone like Arlong (or even Lucci) who has suffered a significant defeat in the past. Obviously some of the Supernovas are potentials (Kidd being the most obvious choice), but they all seem a bit weak to be Shichibukai. However, Luffy HAS defeated two Shichibukai, so who's to say some of the other rookies might not be strong enough to fill the void?

Jorge D. Dragon
April 16, 2010, 12:15 AM
The problem with the Supernovas is that they mostly gained their bounties for their cruelty and not for the significant victories as it was stated in manga, though, Luffy gained his fame for really great and crazy things, so I can't imagine any of the rookies to be invited to join Shichibukai. And also I don't think that any of Supernovas will join Government's side, cause they want to obtain OP and it is complitly the opposite of what the WG desires.
I only expect some new characters.

ANBU4U
April 16, 2010, 12:34 AM
I don't think Hancock's status will hold up much longer than Moria's....I think her line at the end of the last chapter "If my status holds up..." was a bit of foreshadowing on Oda's part (along with the immediate scene after said line being Moria losing his status). Hancock just helped Luffy a little bit too blatantly during the war. It will probably be a bit before the WG gathers the information and acts tho.....look for them to attack Amazon Lilly once Luffy is preparing to depart....or maybe just after.
[hr]

The problem with the Supernovas is that they mostly gained their bounties for their cruelty and not for the significant victories as it was stated in manga, though, Luffy gained his fame for really great and crazy things, so I can't imagine any of the rookies to be invited to join Shichibukai. And also I don't think that any of Supernovas will join Government's side, cause they want to obtain OP and it is complitly the opposite of what the WG desires.

Well.....that was only confirmed for Kidd.

Furthermore many of the SN have bounties higher than current/former Shichibukai....and are we to assume the likes of Crocodile didn't do anything cruel to civilians on the way to their original bounties?

So long as their infamous that's enough. Many of the SN would do.

urlaub
April 16, 2010, 01:54 AM
From SN the possible cases would be Law and Kidd(Capone, Urogue, Hawkins adn apoo seem to not be so infamous, Bonney already is traveling to the new world I guess--out of these maybe Hawkins, but I don't know too. How did they escape Kizaru anyways? Wa that ever sorted out?) But both seem to want to find the one piece or be the pirate king or travel to the new world as pirates, so...

Hence I think some new characters are introduced if Scishibukai will be filled at all. I think it is more probable that right now nothing changes and later on maybe..some new characters appear. Or the WG goes against Sengoku and makes some level 6 pirates schishibukai or something.

undertoe
April 16, 2010, 04:23 AM

Crocodile wanted to obtain One Piece as well.

Moria's bounty also obviously wasn't that high on account of strength alone; he probably committed some significant cruelties.

frontaLobotomy
April 16, 2010, 05:01 AM
Should the Gorousei appoint two new Shichibukai, they will most likely be pirates we've not heard of yet, but have solid reputations in the New World. Not enough is known about the other Supernovas to see if they'd be swayed by an offer from the government, my guess is that since they are still rookies it wouldn't cause a great deal of upset to big name pirate crews should any of these guys join. Bounty doesn't hold much water in that respect, Crocodile's power in comparison to Moria speaks volumes in that department. The WG got very lucky in terms of holding on to their strongest members in Doflamingo, Mihawk and Hancock. Losing Jinbei will hit them pretty hard in the long term, as I'd imagine he's a beast in the ocean.

For all we know, now that the Three Great Powers have been disrupted since the fall of Whitebeard, they may place more importance on the Pacifista instead of appointing anymore pirates. It remains to be seen what will happen, as a significant chain of events has started since the battle on the summit.

hy4k
April 16, 2010, 08:52 AM
I considered Arlong but he's nowhere near Luffy's level. Even Lucci isn't in the same league any more although as undertow pointed out he's not a pirate

the supernovas seem like the best bet but I can't think of one supernova who is as strong as the shichibukai. By their very nature they're at Luffy's level and it'd be difficult to instill fear with them

sure they've got high bounties, buit those bounties mean little compared to the bounties the original shichibukai had. those guys have gotten way stronger since then

undertoe
April 16, 2010, 09:08 AM
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090607164801/onepiece/images/7/75/SBS_Vol_44_06.jpg

It's gotta be this guy. There has been too much foreshadowing for it not to be.

Diablos
April 16, 2010, 09:22 AM
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090607164801/onepiece/images/7/75/SBS_Vol_44_06.jpg

It's gotta be this guy. There has been too much foreshadowing for it not to be.

Are you serious lol? Thats a dude drawn by someone who sent letters to Oda, and the only thing his letters contained was that drawn asking to be shichibukai which Oda always rejected with 0% chances of approval. Don't think that will ever happen. Also like Oda once said, he doesnt like outside help he will do the story all by himself he appreciated tho drawns or ideas for covers which do not influence the story.

undertoe
April 16, 2010, 09:45 AM
It was a joke.

kkck
April 16, 2010, 10:10 AM
Jimbei's defected. Blackbeard's screwed them over. Moria is done for.

Assuming that only Doflamingo, Mihawk, Kuma and Hancock remain there will need to be three new Recuits to round off the group. Especially now that the marines are in such a weakened state

so who do you reckon could fit the bill? Rob Lucci? One of the Supernovas? Arlong? Who?

I don't think any of the people you mentioned would cut it at the moment. ROb lucci is strong, there is no doubt about that, but only as much as a rookie pirate. I don't think his current level would be useful in the NW. Supernovas also do not cut it. Luffy was the best among them and when faced with the sort of thing a shichibukai would have to face he was utterly trashed and needed considerable protection. Arlong does not even deserve to be mentioned. Luffy from back then was considerably weaker from luffy with no gears right now. I'd think any new shichibukai candidates should be newly introduced characters. As things are, I also don't think the WG can afford to select people based on potential since the world is going into chaos right now. They need strong people NOW, not 5 years from now so the supernova simply do not cut it.

Marche
April 17, 2010, 05:49 AM
I don't think than there will be new Schichibukai.
The seath left will be replaced thanks the Px.

Immo
April 17, 2010, 06:13 AM
How could someone vote for WB commander? Personally i think new Shichibukai will be pirates from New World that we dont know of. Supernovas all have their dreams about sailing in New World, maybe all want to be Pirate Kings. Marine will now be carefull with inviting new Shichi after being betrayed by BB, Jimbei and Hancock.

hy4k
April 17, 2010, 07:18 AM
I don't think any of the people you mentioned would cut it at the moment. ROb lucci is strong, there is no doubt about that, but only as much as a rookie pirate. I don't think his current level would be useful in the NW. Supernovas also do not cut it. Luffy was the best among them and when faced with the sort of thing a shichibukai would have to face he was utterly trashed and needed considerable protection. Arlong does not even deserve to be mentioned. Luffy from back then was considerably weaker from luffy with no gears right now. I'd think any new shichibukai candidates should be newly introduced characters. As things are, I also don't think the WG can afford to select people based on potential since the world is going into chaos right now. They need strong people NOW, not 5 years from now so the supernova simply do not cut it.

you're right. i suppose it was a bit of a stretch

the only way any of them could become shichibukai is if enough time passed for them (and indeed luffy) to become much stronger

deffkryz
April 17, 2010, 12:37 PM
A thought just crossed my mind: Now that Jinbei forfeited his title... Does anyone think that the WG - if they aren't trying to replace the shichibukai by the Pacifista - would make Arlong the new fishman shichibukai? Even though he has already been defeated by Luffy.

Fox666
April 17, 2010, 01:03 PM
Arlong? Doesn't make sense for me, he is already imprisoned.

If Moria is not sutiable anymore for the title, Arlong who don't have 1/10 of Moria strength would never be a Shichibukai...

zerocooldx
April 17, 2010, 07:44 PM
Arlong? Doesn't make sense for me, he is already imprisoned.

If Moria is not sutiable anymore for the title, Arlong who don't have 1/10 of Moria strength would never be a Shichibukai...

I think that Arlong becoming a Shichibukai is actually very likely. He may not necessarily replace Moria but i think he will end up being one eventually. Also if Hachi could escape from the same prison then its very likely that Arlong could escape from it as well. But i think that Arlong could be waiting for something before he makes his move. Also Jimbei did imply that he and Luffy would have some unfinished business and i believe that whatever that business is that it will certainly involve Arlong. And when it comes to strength in OP the bad guys get just as strong, if not stronger, as the good guys do over time. Oda keeps "important" characters around because he will call upon then again to play large roles. He did this with Crocodile and i can definitely see the same thing happening with Arlong.

kkck
April 17, 2010, 08:06 PM
Arlong is far to weak to be a shichibukai. Luffy from the begining of the manga is FAR weaker than luffy now without gears. Fuck, arlong could be 100 times stronger and he still would not cut it. On another note, I thought hachi simply was never caught rather than escaping from prison.

Fox666
April 17, 2010, 09:43 PM
I think that Arlong becoming a Shichibukai is actually very likely. He may not necessarily replace Moria but i think he will end up being one eventually. Also if Hachi could escape from the same prison then its very likely that Arlong could escape from it as well. But i think that Arlong could be waiting for something before he makes his move. Also Jimbei did imply that he and Luffy would have some unfinished business and i believe that whatever that business is that it will certainly involve Arlong. And when it comes to strength in OP the bad guys get just as strong, if not stronger, as the good guys do over time. Oda keeps "important" characters around because he will call upon then again to play large roles. He did this with Crocodile and i can definitely see the same thing happening with Arlong.It may be very rare for a prisoner espace from marine battleship transport. Arlong chances are not higher than anyone... Whatever Jinbei business are, I guess we will see it with Hachi. He is there, and is a former crewmate from Jinbei.

Well, if Arlong can become so strong, I suppose every villain them could become a Shichibukai, no...? But I doubt he could, all villains that were defeated back them and we saw again (Jango, Fullbody, Buggy, etc) are ridiculous weak for current level. Maybe Hemeppo is an exception, but you got my point.

Crocodile was very strong. Luffy was beaten 2 times, and knocked down Crocodile in the last round, being poisoned to death. So there is a difference, Luffy defeated him by lucky indeed. Even with Gear, he probably still won't have a easy fight with Crocodile, with good chances of loosing.

bittman
April 21, 2010, 06:30 AM
So I was just thinking:

We've got this new development where Moria is apparantly "too weak" for the Shichibukai title.

...and I don't like it...

Now let me set my record straight: I like Moria. He's a bad guy that's bad, but also has a past which has most likely led to this. And though I'm a little annoyed that Moria going bye bye will say bye bye to some potentially good flashbacks or development of a character that isn't fan-gasm'ed over, Moria's death is not my dislike of this development.

APARANTLY: Killing off your forces is a good idea.

So if you want to get rid of someone, doing it in a war = good idea. Can blame it on anything. Nothing wrong there.

But we have 4 remaining Shichibukai. They are now the Yonbukai, and four pirates aren't exactly as scary as 7. Now we can guess that obviously the Gorousei will fill these spots again with some new pirates.

But I don't know about you, but the last time they filled it, it obviously ended up as such a good decision right? (Breaks sarcasm metre with blackbeard reference).

Better steps would be something like:
Step 1) Fill empty spots
Step 2) THEN strengthen weaker spots
Step 3) ????
Step 4) PROFIT

STEP ONE PEOPLE! And even then, Step 2 would be better by pitting a candadite against an existing member. Because then you almost only have favourable situations:
BEST OUTCOME - Moria wins, displays maintainance of strength
BEST OUTCOME - Candadite wins, strengthens Shichibukai
BEST OUTCOME - they kill each other. Two less pirate groups to worry about
BAD OUTCOME - Moria defects...send a feathered smily boy to hunt him down

Anyway, point is this seems like another "great tactical move" by the marine/WG side. Between Sengoku's "strategy", weakening your own Moria-rating and failing to account for the movements of 47 or so ships, I can't help but feel brains were only produced in certain parts of the world, or that Oda's "awesome tactical decisions" really aren't. If anything, tactics in One Piece have just been a bumbling string of failures.

Let me put my arguement in a perspective you should all understand:

You have 6 pokemon, 2 fainted, 2 are fine, 1 is asleep and 1 is 10 levels weaker. You decide to have the weaker one do self-destruct on a ghost type because at least it looks like it went down fighting.

Am I the only one confused? :huh

kkck
April 21, 2010, 06:52 AM
Well, the number if shichibukai is limited at most so perhaps keeping a position occupied for no good reason is not a good idea. In general the shichibukai were shown to at least be strong enough to take all of the strawhats on their own easily. Moria clearly did not have that level. He would certainly win in a one on one fight against any strawhat IMHO but the lot of them would certainly defeat him. Most likely a man of moria's caliber is easy to find.

undertoe
April 21, 2010, 07:51 AM
I could actually see Buggy making the cut... He may be weak, but is there any reason for the WG to be aware of that? He must seem pretty strong to them right now, having escaped from ID, inspiring tons of prisoners to follow him devoutly, and surviving the WB war.

THM Nindo
April 21, 2010, 08:02 AM
I think the Shichibukai are done for...
They are over...

I mean... there are only two real shichibukai left... Mihawk and DoFlamingo...
(Kuma is a robot and Hancock is not really a shichibukai...)

And from what we saw, Mihawk is friend with Shanks (or at least, not enemies) and DoFlamingo is taking order from higher-ups.

IMO, the Shichibukai will be dissolved soon, or at least, there won't be 7 members anymore.
In any case, they don't really need them with the army of Pacificators now... -_-; (I hate those shitty robots!)

Duc :D
April 21, 2010, 08:12 AM
if shichibukai don't disband and search for new member I will definitely go for Brownbeard.. this guy seems strong, ugly and infamous in the New World..

however, i think Shichis, as they exist now disband anyways.

THM Nindo
April 21, 2010, 08:17 AM
if shichibukai don't disband and search for new member I will definitely go for Brownbeard.. this guy seems strong, ugly and infamous in the New World..

however, i think Shichis, as they exist now disband anyways.

I really think Brownbeard is a nobody and that we might never see him again...

It was just to show that many pirates were just waiting for Whitebeard to die to attack the islands that he was protecting...

At best, Luffy and his crew will arrive on that island in the New World and will free the island by beating the crap out of Brownbeard...

That's how insignificant this guy is... IMO...

Uriel
April 21, 2010, 10:50 AM
LOL to the Pokemon comparison xD

And I thought the same, although We don't know the real reasons to do that. Maybe they already have in mind some people and they need an empty spot (?)

St Michael
April 21, 2010, 11:28 AM
With Kuma not being an human anymore , Hancock potentially revoked and Jinbei defecting , I don't think that the GM is in need of an empty spot among the shichibukai :p

kkck
April 21, 2010, 12:02 PM
I think the Shichibukai are done for...
They are over...

I mean... there are only two real shichibukai left... Mihawk and DoFlamingo...
(Kuma is a robot and Hancock is not really a shichibukai...)

And from what we saw, Mihawk is friend with Shanks (or at least, not enemies) and DoFlamingo is taking order from higher-ups.

IMO, the Shichibukai will be dissolved soon, or at least, there won't be 7 members anymore.
In any case, they don't really need them with the army of Pacificators now... -_-; (I hate those shitty robots!)

How is hancock not really a shichibukai?

chess4
April 21, 2010, 12:14 PM
the shichibukai will find replacement, im sure. they cant afford not 2. maybe enel actually does come back. im sure we will get some new shichibukai in the future

Uriel
April 21, 2010, 01:36 PM
With Kuma not being an human anymore , Hancock potentially revoked and Jinbei defecting , I don't think that the GM is in need of an empty spot among the shichibukai :p
Why Kuma not being human anymore means an empty slot? Sorry, maybe I did not got you well. And Hancock wont revoke yet. She enjoys the tittle and She will need it.

St Michael
April 21, 2010, 04:35 PM
Mmmh , I think that the GM considers Kuma more as a PX than as a Shichibukai with his current state.

At least that's how I understood the lil speech of Dofla back then.

RezzieThaRapper
June 11, 2010, 06:04 AM
Except for his extended fight "in the anime" Kidd hasn't really shown any kind of weakness...

He's cruel I know that's how he got his bounty

I think he can hold his own against ANY non-logia(and Kuma) fighter in one piece

He may even have "Haki" or another ability to hurt Logia... he's to be Luffy's future competition anyways... He'll have to be on Luffy's future level, which I'm pretty sure will be uber strong...

He has the attitude of great pirate to me... but I don't know what animal could represent him, lol

Truefan21
June 18, 2010, 01:01 AM
i think they next warlords will be former NW pirates the supernovas are way too weak

Dasbones
June 18, 2010, 01:49 AM
I don't think any freelance pirate is going to become a Schichibukai anytime soon, after the maniford battle the government's power has weakened considerably, as well as their fear factor towards the pirates. As I'm sure somebody stated already; The Pacifistas are the government's way of replacing the disobedient and unpredictable Shichibukai (whats left of it anyway). The balance of power isn't so balanced anymore; The Yonkou are missing a certain aged badass, the Schichibukai have been dwindled down to four members (with Hancock teetering on losing her title), many, many marines (along with a few pacifistas) were lost in the war, Impel down and Ines Lobby are in ruins (there's goes a powerful branch of the world government). Worst of all; Blackbeard and his merry band of scary bastards managed to piss off all of them.

With the imminent pirate surge that's about to hit the grand line, and one of the biggest wars ever literally just stopping; It's hard to imagine the WG going back to business as usual.

Also, the reason Moria was killed off so abruptly... well ask yourself this; IF the WG was to suddenly 'Let him go', where would you put him? Impel Down just got crapped on and they are in no way shape or form ready to start it back up, and you can't just let a guy with that high of a bounty and potential danger to run free... that's just silly

Besides he got his ass handed to him... like three times in the war, while Doflamingo, Mihawk, and Hancock barely had scratches on them. However long ago when he became a Shichibukai, he was in his prime. As of lately... he's let himself go. Killing him and getting good PR about it seems pretty logical to me.

Jorge D. Dragon
July 22, 2010, 10:20 AM
After this chapter it is really possible that Buggy will be offered a Shichibukai position. In fact it would be hilarious, but it would be interesting to see him gaining this title. How he will react and how he will defend his title against other pirates from the Grand Line who will try to challenge him.
Also I would like to see StrawHats reaction if he gains this title.

OdaForPresident
July 24, 2010, 10:03 AM
I really think that Buggy received an invite to join the Shichibukai and I'm sure he'll accept. He's weak, he doesn't want to be chased by the marines. As a Schichibukai he can just lead the easy life and let his crew do the work.

kkck
July 26, 2010, 12:04 PM
I also think buggy will receive a shichibukai position and he will accept. He does not have much of a choice anyways. Even if he had level 4 and 5 prisoners following him, how would he stop the hordes of marines from taking the fight to them? I could see buggy getting past a marine battleship thanks to his buggy and muggy ball but how would he deal with powerful marines? Only chance he has of avoiding a ridiculously huge bounty is to get the title. Once he gets the title he does not have to do much. Shichibukai don't have to follow orders. Shichibukai are there mostly to scare other pirates, their presence is mostly symbolic. As we have seen before, even attending meetings is not mandatory and they are barely required to be friendly with the world government. If buggy gets a shichibukai title then he is basically set for life, he does not have to worry about marines anymore. He does not even have to fight pirates. By staying in the safer half of the grand las "roger's former crewmate, almost a brother to the red hair, shichibukai, ally of the WB pirates" he has more than enough to scare any pirate. Very few would fight him and those who do would have to deal with the horde of prisoners who escaped with him.

hy4k
July 26, 2010, 04:12 PM
buggy has to become a shichibukai. he HAS to

of the others i would like to see capone bege, urouge or gin become a shichibukai.

THM Nindo
July 26, 2010, 04:17 PM
If Buggy become a Shichibukai I will officialy declare Oda as the best mangaka ever!!
This would be so great!!! :tem

Bugzee
July 26, 2010, 06:59 PM
I definitely agree with you, THM! :D

Buggy will be Luffy's (+ Shanks!?) "insideman" if you like...:XD

I can't wait to see what happens next chapter, I really am hoping that itll be confirmed! :shakefist

Poneglyph420
July 27, 2010, 12:11 AM
If Buggy become a Shichibukai I will officialy declare Oda as the best mangaka ever!!
This would be so great!!! :tem

I'm to lazy to find the SBS source now.. But Oda did claim he has a liking for Buggy and that he would play a role throughout the story....

So I do suspect Buggy could be invited to work for the WG as a Shichi. or something..

I hope that we get to see what was written, and not 50000 reactions to it.

elitefox
July 27, 2010, 12:31 AM
Buggy is an opportunist in the first place

but he will barter big time ;)

Jorge D. Dragon
July 28, 2010, 06:23 AM
It is interesting if Buggy will accept the invitation and is it an invitation for Shichibukai or not and in fact I'm not sure now)) Also who can replace other positions? Will the others be some famous pirates or some rookies like Supernovas or even some totally unknown pirates? Perhaps we will see in some chapters, but it is really difficult now for WG to trust Shichis, because they didn't perform well lately)

BlackHair
July 28, 2010, 06:27 AM
If Buggy becomes a Shichi, hopefully OP fans will stop using "Shichubukai lvl" as a argument.

Jorge D. Dragon
July 28, 2010, 07:00 AM
Yes, I think it was obvious that all the Shichibukais had different power level. Even if comparing Moria with Doflamingo or Mihawk.

Dasbones
July 28, 2010, 11:17 PM
I don't think there is such a thing as 'Power levels' the whole notion makes it far to easy to categorize some fairly complex characters, fights are situational, I'm pretty sure that Buggy would have been able to kill Whitebeard when was all shot up by the Blackbeard pirates, despite being miles away in terms of power.

Not all Pirates are created equal, even bounties are a good indication of power.

Soka
August 02, 2010, 12:26 PM
Buggy will get the position for sure!
The mysterious letter will be the invitation as many already assumed because its the only way for the government to make sure the Impel Down ecapees wont go on a rampage.
They know how much Buggy wants to be a majo player and this way they could make sure his crew will gain even more trust in him.

Edit : The Gorousei said they need some with influence - Buggy has an uncountable amount of pirates with bounties over 100 million if thats is not influence i dont know :D

kkck
August 17, 2010, 11:59 PM
Didn't oda release some time ago the images of would be characters for the future? I was under the impression he did such a thing, perhaps among those is a shichibukai... That said BUGGY WILL BE A SHICHIBUKAI! Bluffing your way to the top is the way to go!

tret16
August 20, 2010, 05:32 PM
and also the fact, having a pirate that was once part of the pirate kings crew as shichibukai is a big influence

Psyren Dante
August 22, 2010, 09:37 AM
I definitely agree with you, THM! :D

Buggy will be Luffy's (+ Shanks!?) "insideman" if you like...:XD

I can't wait to see what happens next chapter, I really am hoping that itll be confirmed! :shakefist

So if Buggy will be Luffy's "inside man" does this mean Hancock is his "inside woman"?:p Just messing with you.

chess4
August 22, 2010, 10:56 AM
wonder if roche tomson will be one of the shichibukai

Fox666
August 22, 2010, 07:30 PM
Since he was from Level 5, I would bet he is in Buggy's crew.

BlindMunkey
August 23, 2010, 01:13 AM
up to this point all the shichibukai has animal theme. Buggy does not. Oda simply does not do the obvious.

Akainu
August 23, 2010, 01:36 AM
while the animal-theme was a valid theory in the beginning, it ws proven wrong recently in two cases: Ace was offered the position and Blackbeard really got it - both do not have an animal theme. So Buggy wouldn't be that far off for a Shichibukai here, IF the Worldgovernment still relies on such a thing (they just saw how unreliable they are in wartimes).

BlindMunkey
August 23, 2010, 01:58 AM
ah yea forgot about Blackbeard. i keep finding myself forgetting that BB was shichibukai. it just goes to show how desperate they are to get the new shichibukai(s). so i suppose this may lead to someone like Buggy being appointed one.
"desperate time calls for desperate measures".

Wisshard
August 23, 2010, 04:40 AM
up to this point all the shichibukai has animal theme. [...]

ah yea forgot about Blackbeard. i keep finding myself forgetting that BB was shichibukai. it just goes to show how desperate they are to get the new shichibukai(s)[...]
You think the World Government was desperate because they gave a Shichibukai position to someone without an animal theme? :p

BlindMunkey
August 23, 2010, 07:56 PM
You think the World Government was desperate because they gave a Shichibukai position to someone without an animal theme? :p

i wasn't saying that but if you would like to consider it. its not out of the realm of possibilities. as far as I'm assuming all the original Shichibukai was probably approached by WG first. with BB it wasn't the case. reason wise it could be little bit of everything such as he caught Ace and WG being desperate. anyways.
they are in dire need to fill the empty spots now because they want to keep the balance in power which is shifting currently.

Darek Khort
August 24, 2010, 04:30 AM
Buggy. I just know it!
Buggy will be all thinking *"OMG! If I become a shichibukai I won't have to worry about the WG and Marines anymore! And pirates will fear me! This is perfect!"*
And his crew will think "OMG! Buggy is so great even the WG recognises his greatness!"

chrizzl
August 24, 2010, 08:37 AM
Buggy. I just know it!
Buggy will be all thinking *"OMG! If I become a shichibukai I won't have to worry about the WG and Marines anymore! And pirates will fear me! This is perfect!"*
And his crew will think "OMG! Buggy is so great even the WG recognises his greatness!"

as much as i think this i also think that buggy became a captin to not take orders off anyone (but i surpose most captins do that) it just i dont see buggy liking the idea of being ordered around because we need to remember his last time of taking orders was from Gold Roger and i feel it would be a step down to take orders from the WG

kkck
August 24, 2010, 11:35 AM
as much as i think this i also think that buggy became a captin to not take orders off anyone (but i surpose most captins do that) it just i dont see buggy liking the idea of being ordered around because we need to remember his last time of taking orders was from Gold Roger and i feel it would be a step down to take orders from the WG

Shichibukai are hardly ordered around though. Given what we have seen, the only hold the WG has on shichibukai is that they can take the title away at any time. Remember mihawk and hancock? Mihawk rarely attended the meetings and the only way the WG could extort hancock into participating in the war was by threatening to remove her title. Not to mention she was hardly interested in keeeping the title, all she cared about was helping luffy. Flamingo practically dared the WG to remove his title. Not to mention he did it while in a marine base. Considering the huge risk there is involved threatening to remove a title (mihawk, boa, flamingo could easily resign their title at a whim) and the huge risk of having someone like mihawk, who could be potentially be as strong as a yonkou, or any of the other shichibukai roam as free agents I doubt it'd be something they'd do regularly.

tret16
August 24, 2010, 07:39 PM
it's inevitable, buggy is most likely goin to accept the request of being a shichibukai because he want's to be viewed as a strong pirate and what better then to be a shichibukai... The ONLY thing i could think of which would make him decline the offer is that he is serious about becoming the pirate king, but to me he was alway's just pretending to try for that so that his new crewmates would kep following him.

kkck
August 24, 2010, 08:33 PM
I think buggy would accept such a position but for different reasons. I think he is dead serious about wanting to be a pirate king or whatnot but the truth is and he knows it that he is not strong enough. His crew has level 5, 4, 3, 2 and 1 prisoners which makes it monstrously powerful, it is by all intents and purposes a massive military force which could easily break havoc anywhere in the first half of the grand line. Thing is, he should be aware of the level of power people in the second half of the grand have along with the power of strong marines. In that sense, he is very well aware a single other shichibukai, a single VA or above marine or perhaps even an average NW crew (depending on the power of the crews there) could annihilate the lot of them. A shichibukai title works for the marines and buggy. It helps to keep the WG from buggy's back and it helps the WG by keeping buggy's crew in check.

Fox666
August 26, 2010, 02:15 PM
up to this point all the shichibukai has animal theme. Buggy does not. Oda simply does not do the obvious.Interesting. Could it be that out of the 7 in animal theme, there would be also the ones with playing cards theme? I.e. Joker (Buggy) and Ace. However, I don't know which card Blackbeard would represent...

Lord Rayleigh
August 26, 2010, 02:51 PM
Blackbeard does not have any animal and yet he was turned Shichibukai. So it does not mean anything for Buggy's candidacy.

FaustXIII
September 11, 2010, 06:58 AM
I think anyone here has the high rate to be a shichibukai:

1. Buggy
2. Capone "Gang" Bege
3. Crocodile (will regain the title)
4. Mr. 1 (together with Crocodile)
5. Alvida
6. Chew (Member of Arlong Pirates)
7. Don Krieg
8. Captain Kuro
9. Sarquiss (Bellamy Pirates)

MaiSiaoSiao
September 11, 2010, 07:03 AM

1. Buggy
2. Capone "Gang" Bege
5. Alvida
7. Don Krieg
8. Captain Kuro

Lol most these candidates here have been defeated either by Luffy himself or his crew mates.And if 1 of them were to become a Shichibukai then Sengoku might as well announce the disbandment of the Shichibukai.

kkck
September 11, 2010, 06:36 PM

1. Buggy
2. Capone "Gang" Bege
5. Alvida
7. Don Krieg
8. Captain Kuro

Crocodile is the only pirate there who is not more worthless than cannon fodder. Buggy has a name and a powerful crew to back him up but his actual strength is worthless. The rest of them are nameless worthless pirates who the marines or government would not even bother looking at. Seriously, they are so pathetic, weak small and petty its not even funny. They are so weak, that the government would not know the difference between them being as they are now and them being crippled and bed ridden. Crocodile obviously has the caliber to be a shichibukai and buggy has a decent shot due to his luck but the rest of them have invariably not a sliver of a chance in hell. Then again, the government is not bound to repeat the whole crocodile situation so he also has no chance whatsoever.

Lord Rayleigh
September 19, 2010, 03:12 PM
If Capone Bege was to be defeated by the captain of the UFO, he would possibly end up as a Shichibukai. After all, it seems Crocodile became a Shichibukai after Whitebeard put an end to his dream there in New World.

Flenser
October 17, 2010, 12:22 PM
... I'm calling it now.
Didn't see anything else relating to this on the forums, but I thought it needed mentioning
My reasons are:
1. There are openings (3, if I'm not mistaken) that need to be filled
2. His reputation has been given such a boost by the marineford battle that has set him, for all intents and purpouses, almost on par with the yonkou.
3. He recieved a message from the world gvmnt. contents unknown, but I'm willing to bet that this is exactly what it concerned.

Or what do you guys think?

kkck
October 17, 2010, 12:35 PM
^Are you kidding? I have been saying that ever since buggy got blamed for the ID incident. Its in my sig for crying out loud.

Lord Rayleigh
October 17, 2010, 12:46 PM
It's not only about kkck, everyone on this forum have considered the possibility that Buggy became one of the Shichibukai during the time skip. We had a lot of posts about that, it's just that you're a new member and that you did not see them when it was discussed : we already had a look at it, and there's not much to discuss anymore. Now we've moved on, and we are interested by the current events at the Sabaody Archipelago.

hy4k
October 17, 2010, 08:30 PM
I've been thinking about this a bit and there's a few people i'd like to see as shichubukai.

Kidd naturally because he is a brutal motherfucker and shichibukai status would give him free reign. Hawkins would be good too as he struck me as quite a badass dude

Buggy HAS to be a shichibukai, if only for comedic purposes

I also want to see rob lucci as a shichibukai. Perhaps he takes up piracy after taking out spandine/spandam. He was an excellent villain, and a powerful one to boot

If they need an old guy Shiki would be good too

Fox666
October 17, 2010, 09:44 PM
I can't imagine Capone as a Shichibukai. He almost wet his pants when he heard that an Admiral would come to Shabondy.

Apoo also run from Kizaru after shooting him. Bonney also looks far too weak for the post. And I can't see a non captain like Killer with the position.

So none of these I can see as a Shichibukai. Ironically these are also the ones with less than 200 million.

The others, Law, Drake, Hawkins and Kidd have worth potential. However, Drake is a former marine, it seems unlikely he would "return" to them. So I leave the other 3...

kkck
October 17, 2010, 10:00 PM
I've been thinking about this a bit and there's a few people i'd like to see as shichubukai.

Kidd naturally because he is a brutal motherfucker and shichibukai status would give him free reign. Hawkins would be good too as he struck me as quite a badass dude

Buggy HAS to be a shichibukai, if only for comedic purposes

I also want to see rob lucci as a shichibukai. Perhaps he takes up piracy after taking out spandine/spandam. He was an excellent villain, and a powerful one to boot

If they need an old guy Shiki would be good too

I don't think the rookies in general have what the WG currently would expect from a shichibukai. They want people with considerable strength and a strong name to back them up. The supernova might be quite famous in the first half of the grand line but their names won't scare anyone in the new world. The gorousei even mentioned they were going to take their time with that and choose people with strong names to back them up. Shiki would be a great choice for a shichibukai. Wonder if he is alive though. Even if he was, I doubt he would accept the position though. Lucci would still need to grow stronger to be a proper shichibukai. Above lucci not being strong enough, his name is completely unknown. I guess it is possible he can have a significant power boost over the timeskip though but that would only be the bare minimum.

caco
October 17, 2010, 10:44 PM
The others, Law, Drake, Hawkins and Kidd have worth potential. However, Drake is a former marine, it seems unlikely he would "return" to them. So I leave the other 3...

I agree with you about drake but maybe the WG wont give the seat to law because he helped luffy to run away from them. Kidd is the one who have the most chance in opinion.

vagabond87
October 17, 2010, 11:57 PM
I would risk my money(not to much of course:eyeroll) for saying that Hawkins became new warlord.

Fox666
October 18, 2010, 02:41 AM
All Shichibukai are criminals... that won't affect negatively the chances of Law being chosen... =P

hy4k
October 18, 2010, 04:19 AM
I don't think the rookies in general have what the WG currently would expect from a shichibukai. They want people with considerable strength and a strong name to back them up. The supernova might be quite famous in the first half of the grand line but their names won't scare anyone in the new world. The gorousei even mentioned they were going to take their time with that and choose people with strong names to back them up. Shiki would be a great choice for a shichibukai. Wonder if he is alive though. Even if he was, I doubt he would accept the position though. Lucci would still need to grow stronger to be a proper shichibukai. Above lucci not being strong enough, his name is completely unknown. I guess it is possible he can have a significant power boost over the timeskip though but that would only be the bare minimum.

the reason I see the supernovas as candidates, or rather the stronger ones is that they have some of the highest known bounties in the series. At the point they're at they are more than notorious enough AND they could be used to scare the shit out of other pirates

in terms of capability they could be up there after 2 years, certainly on the same level as moria, Ace and crocodile

Lucci is an unknown in a sense, but he's well known to the government and he had a lot of capability. Guy is the master of a martial art in the vein of jinbei and after 2 years he could have made a huge name for himself

Jorge D. Dragon
October 20, 2010, 03:46 AM
It would be funny if Buggy got a seat as Shichibukai, though it would be mostly humorous, cause he is obviously not at this level. He is damn weak, though his crew now is damn strong and can even challenge some big shots.

It would be really interesting to see some Supernovas joining Shichibukai, but I expect some new characters.:) Maybe even one or two famous pirates from Impel Down.:)

Tengou
December 09, 2010, 01:31 AM
It's usually not my style to revive a thread more than a month old, but since I'm a sucker for pirate lore, I feel that I should add a few pointers on who I think might be in league for future Shichibukai-dom. My vote goes out to Eustass Kidd, for a few reasons.

For starters, the pirates that inspired him were likely a Scotsman called William Kidd (for those of you with wikihunger, read more here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Kidd)), and Eustace the Black Monk, a Boulognian aristocrate turned mercenary (here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eustace_the_Monk)). Like Eustass, William was appointed the nickname "Captain", owing to his ... enterprising nature, so to say. He eventually crossed the atlantic to the early Americas, where he privateered under the sanction of Richard Coote, the Earl of Bellemont and governor of a newly colonized and politically unstable New York. He engaged in several enterprises, including trafficing of exotic goods, and aiding in the construction of the Trinity Church that stands on the current day Wall Street, but what makes his case so special is that he was allegedly enlisted by the government to counter the spread of piracy around the remote reaches along the Cape and the eastern seas. He eventually went off the deep end when he started to attack British East India Trade Company ships, probably to sustain his expedition and his crew, and started to generally and indescriinately plunder and murder to stave off mutiny in the crew, which consisted largely of convicted criminals. That ruthlessness sound like anyone familiar?

Anyway, during his life of either willful or forced piracy he ended up accused of a great many murders, and the ensconcing of a substantial treasure somewhere in the Plymouth region. He was put on court of last resort back in the House of Lords in London, convicted of piracy, and subsequently hanged and strung up to dry along the Thames shipping lane as an example for other outlaws and aspiring pirates.

Eustace had a similar predilection for servitude to the British crown, and fought for king John of England in the battles of Normandy and Aquitaine in the early 13th century, and then switched sides to the French to rampage through the British ranks in the battle of Dover.

If Eustass's character is greatly inspired by these pirates (well, not in his looks, that much is certain), then we might actually see him as a Shichibukai one day.

EddyBob15
July 19, 2011, 10:58 AM
You know, the theory that Buggy might become a Shichibukai might be more valid than some think. Remember that Buggy received a message from the World Government by a messenger bat, and when Jinbe became one, he received the invite from a bat? I think Oda was trying to give us a clue.

hokageji
July 22, 2011, 02:44 AM
I think Buggy is a certain. That makes
Do FLamingo
Hawkeye
Kuma
Hancock
Buggy
as assured shichibukais.

I doubt if Kuma would still be given the title. He wasnt active for over 2 years and is practically a pacifista with his memory erased. You might have some other pirate take that role.

I think Eustass Kid and Drake might be the other 2. These names were mentioned after the time skip by random bar guys makes me think they have taken this role.

also, the 4th yonkou could be black beard.

---------- Post added at 12:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:42 AM ----------

The problem with Kidd becoming a shichibukai is that he has strong nakama. Shichbukai's crew usually dismember themselves like we saw in jinbeis case.

chess4
July 28, 2011, 10:23 PM
buggy is a lock,, so that makes 5. The Shichibukai all have incredible reputations, so no doubt the last 2 will be infamous as well. No way one of the Supernova becomes one, they are not famous enough and have not put in enough work. Plus they are all still tryin to make there name in the New World.

MY bet is that they picked 2 level 6 prisoners to become shichibukai.

zelllogan
July 29, 2011, 01:03 AM
As said by chess4, Buggy is a lock.

For the other shishibukai, one of the rookies from two years ago is possible.
I bet on Scratchmen Apoo for several reasons:
- Among the rookies, he was clearly one of the top ones
- He can leave his useless crew anytime
- He clearly doesn't want to put himself in trouble ... but he is still a pirate who want to discover the world. Shishibukai is the perfect position for him.
- His ability is good enough for him to be a powerhouse after a two years timeskip

kkck
July 29, 2011, 09:59 AM
I donĀ“t think any of the supernova became shichibukai during the timeskip. The world government was going to take their time deciding but how long would they be willing to wait? The fact of the matter is that before the timeskip the supernova were merely the best among rookies. However luffy, being the golden rookie so to speak, showed us during the war just how absurd the difference between a rookie and a real new world pirate was. Luffy went to the war and the only reason he came out of that alive was because he was protected by every person there at some point. He showed his level was, at best, that of fodder. The admirals made repeated mentions of how luffy simply was not nearly strong enough to be in the front lines of that war. Now, if the most powerful of the rookies was cannon fodder next to the actually strong people, what about the rest of the supernova? Pretty much the same situation or worst.

Now, obviously there was a timeskip but would the world government be willing to wait 2 full years selecting a shichibukai out of the rookies when there should obviously be plenty of fully matured new world pirates who are already feared? Just WB and his affiliated crews should have had around 100 actually strong pirates... If we consider crews not affiliated to a yonko, yonko crewmembers and crews affiliated to a yonko then we should pretty much a decent number of people with actual strength to choose from. Even if the world government was willing to take their time choosing, I doubt they would really wait that long until the rookies developed actual strength. The seas must have been pretty unstable for a decent while to say the least, I doubt they would have waited more than a few months to choose 2 people which in turn is not nearly enough time for the rookies to develop actual strength.

zelllogan
July 29, 2011, 11:14 AM
The thing is that Crocodile & Boa were rookies when they were appointed as shishibukai (explaining their low bounties).
Worst, Moria was basically a new world dropout.

And I don't see a pirate under protection of a yonkou accepting a role as shishibukai. He is being protected by a yonkou, He gain nothing by joining forces with the WG

kkck
July 29, 2011, 11:37 AM
Being a shichibukai removes the bounty a pirate has. Even a pirate affiliated to a yonko would see some appeal to the chance of being reinserted into society IMO.

Saying moria was a droppout is a bit of an extreme. Its not like he could not sail the oceans or he got defeated by some random guy, he got taken out by a yonko. Even then, when he actually fought luffy one on one luffy barely got a hit on him. Not sure if crocodile was a rookie per say when he got offered the position.... He might as well have been offered the position before his rookie bounty was changed. As for boa, who knows how strong she actually was back in the day. She probably was well above a rookie considering haki is a given that early. Even now her strength is a bit of a mistery, heck I would still think she is strong enough to school luffy.

ErosVp
July 30, 2011, 08:56 AM
Elder nyon said Boa's case was because Boa showed she was very powerful on her first raid, and more important the Kuja's name was pretty infamous and strong enough to give fear to others pirates! So even if Boa was a rookie, the Kuja name had it's appeal...

And considering Moria and Crocodile were present at Roger's execution, they weren't rookies! They were in the NW, and had good power, Moria was a bit weak i agree but Crocodile had a logia fruit in his favor too... They were above average...

kkck
July 30, 2011, 09:41 AM
Roger's execution took place in rogue town, which is actually located just before the grand line, not in the new world. Roger was specifically taken to the least dangerous of all oceans.

As for moria, I do think we did not get to see everything he had to offer back in the thriller bark arc. The way I see it, the ark was actually set up so that we would not actually see him fight properly so to speak. The only bit we actually saw him fight was when he fought luffy and he did kinda schooled luffy... Other than that we only saw him get beat up by nightmare luffy and eating 1000 shadows which apparently made him temporarily insane and hurt him. When it did come to it, his attacks were strong and large enough to deal with little oz at least, which is not something we ever saw him use against the strawhats.

ErosVp
July 30, 2011, 07:57 PM
I wasn't clear. I mean that if they started being pirates more than 20 year ago, when Roger was being executed, then in present days it is obvious they were not rookies.... And it was stated they know NW, and they are Shichibukais so it wouldn't be weird to think they have a good level (above average as i said) even in NW.

Zehahaha
July 31, 2011, 10:58 AM
The only bit we actually saw him fight was when he fought luffy and he did kinda schooled luffy... .

No and just no. Running and running, that's all what Moria did before using Oz. If you're talking about that shadow bat technique that Moria used, no comment. Luffy didn't even use gear second against him at first, Luffy could've and would've kicked Moria's ass if he was serious at first. Moria didn't show us any physical nor fighting techniques that are worth calling him " Shichibukai ", maybe when he was younger, he was stronger, but his laziness made him weak, that much is clear.

kkck
July 31, 2011, 11:37 AM
Moria was quite literally just sitting there and luffy barely got a hit on him. Granted luffy did not use gear two but it was still quite clear moria was not even trying.
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/one_piece/v48/c463/4.html

Considering that moria actually went up against a yonko, how he trashed oz with a lone hit during the war and that jinbe's punch did not actually take him out as he was seen fighting soon after that (lets face it, jinbe's punch should be overwhelmingly superior to luffy's at that point, specially if you consider the fishman karate bit) I would think that luffy was quite far away from moria's level and had moria actually been serious in the fight luffy would have been in quite a bit of trouble. Moria might just not be strong enough to be a shichibukai but that does not mean a rookie would stand much of a chance against him.

Zehahaha
July 31, 2011, 11:54 AM
Moria was quite literally just sitting there and luffy barely got a hit on him. Granted luffy did not use gear two but it was still quite clear moria was not even trying.
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/one_piece/v48/c463/4.html

Considering that moria actually went up against a yonko, how he trashed oz with a lone hit during the war and that jinbe's punch did not actually take him out as he was seen fighting soon after that (lets face it, jinbe's punch should be overwhelmingly superior to luffy's at that point, specially if you consider the fishman karate bit) I would think that luffy was quite far away from moria's level and had moria actually been serious in the fight luffy would have been in quite a bit of trouble. Moria might just not be strong enough to be a shichibukai but that does not mean a rookie would stand much of a chance against him.

I still believe that Luffy would've defeated him.
He just didn't show anything that may hint that he's strong enough to bring down Luffy using Gear Second. I'm not saying that Moria is fodder, but Luffy at that point should be able to beat him. And erm, Moria trashed Oz ? Yeah sure, after getting his leg cut by Dolfamingo, and receiving a bomb from Kuma...

And Luffy himself wasn't trying there, a Gomu Gomu No Pistol isn't the proof that Luffy was serious there.

Uriel
July 31, 2011, 01:31 PM
I don't think he was lazy...He was rather frustrated in the same way that Don Krieg.

Both had similar situations except that Moria's Nakama completely died in the hands of Kaidou.

Zehahaha
July 31, 2011, 01:36 PM
I don't think he was lazy...He was rather frustrated in the same way that Don Krieg.

Both had similar situations except that Moria's Nakama completely died in the hands of Kaidou.

We could say that Crocodile was frustrated too (he obviously got his ass kicked by WB), but he didn't seem to be like Moria. At least he didn't say " Make me Pirate King "

Luffy was frustrated too, did he become like Moria ? No. That's just an excuse. Every single pirate who's aiming for the top must pass through hell for that.

Uriel
July 31, 2011, 01:40 PM
We could say that Crocodile was frustrated too (he obviously got his ass kicked by WB), but he didn't seem to be like Moria. At least he didn't say " Make me Pirate King "
Luffy was frustrated too, did he become like Moria ? No. That's just an excuse. Every single pirate who's aiming for the top must pass through hell for that.
It's not the same. Crocodile became a completely different person according to what we know of him so He did changed a lot. Luffy did not have all his crew killed, just separated.

You're underestimating psychological burdens. In Moria it was clear that his obsession with death was strong and He tried to overcome that in the only way He could figure out.

Luffy did pretty much the same, but He had a master who teach him the way to get stronger enough (Same with the rest of his crew)

Zehahaha
July 31, 2011, 01:51 PM
I'm not underestimating it at all. It's true that his defeat, or more like massacre, by the hand of Kaidou led him to what he is right now, but, it's not an excuse for being " lazy " as he became.

True that Luffy had someone to teach him how to get strong, but so what ? Grand Line makes anybody stronger, it was said by BB, if Moria, didn't choose to count on others to achieve his goals, he may be a Yonko now who knows, and Luffy did teach him that.

Uriel
July 31, 2011, 01:55 PM
It's obvious He is not as strong or will-full as He needs to be, but I do think He was not lazy. He was gathering weapon, as shown with Oz. He did not fight anymore, that's true, but because He lost the will to fight until He was prepared.

I do not disagree with you, but I don't follow that word choice if you get what I mean.

Zehahaha
July 31, 2011, 01:58 PM
Sometimes I choose the bad words so yeah :p
But one thing is clear, he's not fodder, and he didn't lost his will, he could've become one of the powerhouses in OP, his DF abilities are quite frightening.