PDA

View Full Version : Theory Tashigi and Kuina: What's the connection?

babobabobabo
October 18, 2006, 11:53 AM
just wondering, do you think that the sergeant-major tashigi is the girl that zoro made the promise to?
and if so, why is there such a huge gap between them now - that promise is now rendered obsolete...
LOL its a bit late but i was watching the anime recently... some theories please?

Changed the thread's title to make clearer the subject discussed.

Galth
October 18, 2006, 12:39 PM
Zoro made that promise to Kuina, right? And she died... Tashigi just reminded him of her... >.>

Dragonzair
October 19, 2006, 02:20 AM
Tashigi herself said she wasn't Zoro's friend. XD She just resembled her.

jeffhmwong
October 19, 2006, 08:25 AM
Hmmm....Maybe she didnt die. Kuina was so strong when little, kind of imposible to die from faliing down from the stairs. Perhaps she lost her memories then.

babobabobabo
October 19, 2006, 12:17 PM
YEAH but think about it... same color hair, shes a swordswoman, and she has a legendary sword... ok then but do you think she might be a significant character in one piece?

Sarmad
October 24, 2006, 03:34 PM
I don't think that Tashigi is Kuina. She may have a relation to her, but we can't say anything about that yet.

Hawkuro
October 24, 2006, 05:07 PM
Tashigi is probably Kuina┬┤s sister or something.

mugen
October 28, 2006, 11:00 PM
No I believe that she is Kuina, I mean Kuina did fall from the stairs which meant she was kind of clumsy
and Tashigi is clumsy. Or it could be a running gag by Oda.

neild
November 02, 2006, 08:19 AM
tashigi is cute i think...i also think that it is not a coincidence that oda drew her exactly like kuina

conan
November 15, 2006, 10:16 PM
I dont think that tashigi and kuina are the same, any kuina's dad was zoro's sensei, so if she was alive zoro would have most likely known, she just resembles her,
which is quite fun, seeing zoro soften up for the first time ever and run away instead of fight her, kind of refreshing to remeber that zoro is still human, after seeing
him take down monster and smash through the waves, slash things up.

neild
November 16, 2006, 06:01 PM
i think kuina is tashigi.oda purposely drew it, and later on it must lead up to something.there is no coincidence

Freakzin
November 16, 2006, 08:28 PM
odaverse is never logical, so i think he wanted to make a joke, like, she is the only one zoro can't fight,

neild
November 17, 2006, 10:02 PM
i smell a romance between them.once zoro find one piece with luffy, he is going to leave the crew and settle down in an island, have a child or two with tashigi.just like all the swordsman do, let say kenshin

Freakzin
November 18, 2006, 06:44 PM
u mean after they defeat WG ^^ no way it will end with findin one piece ^^

endometrium
February 11, 2007, 06:03 AM
I was thinking of starting a new thread but I found this old one so I'll post here instead.

Does anyone have a theory of why Tashigi looks exactly like Kuina and that they are both swordswomen? It's also very weird for a powerful swordsfighter like Kuina to slip on the stairs and die. Remember that in the OP universe people take much more damage than falling (even headfirst) on a flight of stairs but they rarely die or even take serious damage.
I think Kuina didn't actually die and as said by others before had an amnesia. There is a huge possibility that Kuina = Tashigi.

Gear2fu
February 11, 2007, 10:03 AM
I read on Wikipedia that Tahigi and Kuina are the same age. Oda also answered that they're the same age in an SBS.

endometrium
February 11, 2007, 10:43 PM
Can you provide a link to the SBS? I don't trust wiki that much.

What about birthdays, do they have the same birthdays?

mugen
February 11, 2007, 10:48 PM
you can go to http://arlongpark.net/Manga/SBS

endometrium
February 11, 2007, 10:55 PM
I'm checking it out now but what SBS is Tashigi's age being the same as Kuina's?

mugen
February 11, 2007, 10:56 PM
that i do not know
anyways I wonder if Zoro's sensei has seen tashigi?

KuraiOfAnagura
February 12, 2007, 03:28 PM
i don't think they are the same person.
i mean, we saw kuinas dead body in the manga and zorro left his school (and kuina's father was its owner and zorro's sensei) in the age of.. erm 15?
and tashigi said she doesn't know anybody like kuina.

or perhaps... the marines digged kuinas dead body out of her grave, relived her and now shes tashigi the swordswomen zombie MUAHAAAA :bored
ok, that was neat, but suddenly in my mind... i shouldn't read so much :nono[br]Posted on: February 12, 2007, 03:21:30 PM_________________________________________________ah yes, kuinas age was never mentioned, but she was older than zorro. it could fit with tashigis age.
i looked on a very good german one piece page http://de.opwiki.org/wiki/Hauptseite and what's not on this page, doesn't exist. but i found tashigis birthday 6th october and shes 2 years old

OP_overlord
February 12, 2007, 09:39 PM
she is not kuina but she does resemblem her and has a similar dream and that is enought for zoro to like about her

endometrium
February 13, 2007, 06:00 AM
i mean, we saw kuinas dead body in the manga and zorro left his school (and kuina's father was its owner and zorro's sensei) in the age of.. erm 15?

Pardon my persistence but I'm just like this.

The body was covered in cloth right? We didn't see the actual body. It could have been a dummy for all we know.

And as I said before it isn't logical for Kuina, a stronger than average person, to die from slipping on a flight of stairs. This is OP universe, people don't die from such things. It's just too suspicious. I mean, other people are smashed headfirst into walls, the walls crack, and yet they manage to stay alive without serious damage.

mugen
February 13, 2007, 04:42 PM
but why then would her dad hide that...
and why else would he have said that humans are fragile :noworry

gigantor21
February 13, 2007, 04:53 PM
I doubt Tashigi is Kuina, since I don't see why his Dad would lie about his daughter's death to one of his best students. The only way I could see that work is if she has the same DEvil Fruit as Brooke, and was able to resurrect herself. Considering how outlandish that possibility is (less than .01%), I don't think there's any chance in hell. Oda is not Kubotite.

mugen
February 13, 2007, 05:05 PM
that is true but still i'm sure there's a connection between them or there might not be one :noworry
Just Oda teasing us :rofl

venicia777
February 13, 2007, 07:04 PM

or perhaps... the marines digged kuinas dead body out of her grave, relived her and now shes tashigi the swordswomen zombie MUAHAAAA :bored

I agree with you completely. I mean, at the moment i have no reason to believe that Tashigi didnt die. I really cant see Zoro's sensei and/or Kuina putting up such a ruse that she Kuina was dead. What kind of motivation would have driven such a terrible ruse?

And we havent seen a reincarnation thing yet in OP-- with Kuina and Tashigi at about the same age-- that in of itself may not happen.

And the other possibility is Brooke's return to life after dying DF ability. But he supposedly has been dead for decades. And we all know that there arent two DF's of the same ability at once in the OP world (correct me here if i am wrong).

But anything is possible in OP. so there is a chance however minute that this may be true.

tombstone
February 14, 2007, 07:52 AM
Oda doesn't kill characters unless its important to the storyline.

Kuina being dead is Zoro's main driving force, to remove that is just like removing Hiruluk or Bellemere, it wouldn't make the character have any purpose. Plus Zoro would then need to give the Wado back, which is his main sword, and the ONLY reason he uses santoryu.

Tashigi looking alike is just coincidental in the OP world, however it is entirely planned by Oda, and adds humour to his character, being quite cold etc and then showing he is in fact stoppable.

gigantor21
February 14, 2007, 09:40 AM
Oda doesn't kill characters unless its important to the storyline.

Kuina being dead is Zoro's main driving force, to remove that is just like removing Hiruluk or Bellemere, it wouldn't make the character have any purpose. Plus Zoro would then need to give the Wado back, which is his main sword, and the ONLY reason he uses santoryu.

Tashigi looking alike is just coincidental in the OP world, however it is entirely planned by Oda, and adds humour to his character, being quite cold etc and then showing he is in fact stoppable.

I couldn't have put it any better myself. Great post.

DeepEyes
February 16, 2007, 09:31 AM
But, Kuina has all the problems of be a girl, and his dad and her knows that her can't inherite the dojo.... so maybe his father fake her death only to give her a second opportunity of life, maybe he fells from the stairs and lost her memorys, so his father take her to another place where she doesn't remember his dreams of be a swordman and all the sorrow of can't inherite the dojo.... but Kuina follows his instincts and grow up in the form of Tashigi.... and I don't think that the death of Kuina is the moto of Zoro to be a great Swordman, his moto is simply the promise that both of them did.

War
February 16, 2007, 12:18 PM
I would say no.

I don't think Tashigi is Kuina.

I just think Oda is showing some irony here. =\

OP_overlord
February 18, 2007, 07:44 PM
and another strong female swordsman/woman she became kuina in the eyes of zoro and is thus useing her to get stronger and keep the promise and she is useing him as a starting point torelize her dream

Forcestar
February 19, 2007, 06:54 AM
Pardon my persistence but I'm just like this.

The body was covered in cloth right? We didn't see the actual body. It could have been a dummy for all we know.

And as I said before it isn't logical for Kuina, a stronger than average person, to die from slipping on a flight of stairs. This is OP universe, people don't die from such things. It's just too suspicious. I mean, other people are smashed headfirst into walls, the walls crack, and yet they manage to stay alive without serious damage.

I have 2 theories concerning this topic:

1: My first theroy is that Kuina losses her memory and inorder for Zoro not to lose sight of his dream and his abition his sensi tells him that Kuina dies. The thing is we've seen what Zoro Luffy heck even Usopp take hits from monsters and survive nasty a** falls and still shake it off undamged, lol hrck look at Enies Lobby arc where Sogeking aka Usopp jumps off that huge a** only to get up and start laughing so i cant imagine the the person who beat Zoro wut was it let me c like 2,000 times 0 lossess in single combat die from falling down some freaking stairs >.>. Result of memory loss she joins Navy

2.) Only problem with my theory i think is that Kuina counter part Tashigi is kind of lacking in strength? But again i could just counter that by saying due to the memory loss u cant compare the amount of time Zoro put into his training with her i would say Navy training, but again i could say That the reason for zoro crazy strenght and endurance is because since he was told that Kuina died he Trained like cray ever since non stop XD so if anyone have any conclusions or misgiving plz feel free to respond to my post ty. >;o

DeepEyes
February 19, 2007, 09:20 AM
Well, Forcestar, you don't have two theories, you have two steps of the same theory =P, because the two points explains how Kuina could become Tashigi.... and I agree completely with you n_n... I think that the lack of power of Tashigi could be because he lost her memories and all her skills and she begins from zero again (but maybe she could remember it later and becomes super powerfull later *0*.... I believe in you Tashigi!!!! XD), and in counterpart, the same Kuina says that girls lost his powers to become stronger as she grown up.... maybe that could help for his lack in strength...

OP_overlord
February 19, 2007, 04:39 PM
not that im sexist but girls are stronger then guys in child hood cause they mature faster then guys mature and grow muscles and become stronger and that is why zoro trained so much cause he didnt want a girl beating him but later she couldnt keep up cause she was in a coma and zoro was training all that time but she will be stronger this time

Ensui_Mikigami
April 06, 2007, 05:51 AM
I don't know if someone already came up with this theory but in a recent chapter, when they showed Tashagi again, it kind of hit me that it's possible that Tashagi and Kuina are twin sisters. They are both the same age(go to Wikipedia and find the One Piece Timeline, they both were born the same year) and they look alike, plus they are into swords. So why not be twin sisters?

It would all make sense especially when Zoro and Tashagi fight and he's like "I can't fight someone who looks like Kuina!" and she can be "How do you know about my sister!?"

Moved the post to a thread about the same subject.

Anti-panda
April 06, 2007, 12:40 PM
I've got one big hole in any theory that any of you put forward.
Kuina is dead .... zoro was burning incense on her grave before he left on his journey. Secondly if she wasn't really dead I doubt her father would've given zoro her katana to carry on her legacy. If she wasn't dead she could just carry it herself. Because even if she lost her memory her father didn't!

ubo
April 09, 2007, 01:38 PM
that's why it was so tragic, because falling down a flight of stairs isn't supposed to kill a kid. it was unexpected, and therefore tragic.

Tashigi isn't Kuina. what is she a zombie? why would sensei lie about her death?

Anti-panda
April 10, 2007, 07:33 PM
Maybe we'll see that her father tracked down hogback and got him to reanimate his daughters corpse. ... That would be the most macabre twist in one piece EVER!!!

OP_overlord
April 10, 2007, 08:20 PM
and the one thing that i dont want to happen.

i dont dislike the twins seperated at birth but followed the same path kinda theory

Azurel
April 15, 2007, 08:53 AM
it was kinda ridiculous how Kuina could die so easily... if she did die..

Anything is possible with Oda sensei..

I like the losing memory theory. But wouldn't it be hard to hide the fact that Kuina was still alive when Zoro is still around.. After all, he only left the dojo years later.

So it seems the twin sister theory is more likely.

To have a Kuina look alike who is the same age as Kuina.. it can't be just coincidence :noworry

jeffhmwong
April 16, 2007, 03:52 AM
I have 2 theories concerning this topic:

1: My first theroy is that Kuina losses her memory and inorder for Zoro not to lose sight of his dream and his abition his sensi tells him that Kuina dies. The thing is we've seen what Zoro Luffy heck even Usopp take hits from monsters and survive nasty a** falls and still shake it off undamged, lol hrck look at Enies Lobby arc where Sogeking aka Usopp jumps off that huge a** only to get up and start laughing so i cant imagine the the person who beat Zoro wut was it let me c like 2,000 times 0 lossess in single combat die from falling down some freaking stairs >.>. Result of memory loss she joins Navy

2.) Only problem with my theory i think is that Kuina counter part Tashigi is kind of lacking in strength? But again i could just counter that by saying due to the memory loss u cant compare the amount of time Zoro put into his training with her i would say Navy training, but again i could say That the reason for zoro crazy strenght and endurance is because since he was told that Kuina died he Trained like cray ever since non stop XD so if anyone have any conclusions or misgiving plz feel free to respond to my post ty. >;o

I kind of agree with this......I hope theres resemblence between those 2.

My other guess will be....she died....and hogeback brought her back to life just like how he brought cindry-san to life....LOLZ

Anti-panda
April 16, 2007, 04:22 PM
I believe that someone can inherit the spirit of someone without being related to them. I believe tashigi carries on kuina's spirit and her desire to be a strong Female swordswoman. If you think about it .. it makes sense that two women .. even worlds apart would wind up being similar, at least in personality, Oda simply takes it one step further and makes them look alike too. Plus it throws zoro off his game .. and thats funny.
Also Tashigi has never expressed a desire to be the worlds strongest swordswoman, she simply wants to own the legendary katana .. and free them from the hands of men and women she considers wicked. So thier different in the way's that really matters.

Warboss Grock
April 19, 2007, 02:53 PM
I may be wrong about this, however, if one is carrying a sharp object... such as a sword, and trips down a set of stairs when going to get a sharpening block... it is possible that injury might occur.... now this is a bit far fetched.... and I personally doubt it would happen that often in real life... but I belive Oda just needed a way to motivate Zoro... and then he came up with Tashigi... or not....

Not a sermon... just a thought

ForteAnly
April 20, 2007, 04:05 PM
I don't think that Tashigi and Kuina have any connection besides their appearance. Even though her death is pretty silly.

Anti-panda
April 20, 2007, 04:45 PM
I don't think that Tashigi and Kuina have any connection besides their appearance. Even though her death is pretty silly.

Those kind of deaths are always pointless.. and make no sense. She just tripped and fell down some stairs on her way to get her katana's weight stone. Used for sharpening a sword.

Her death was sudden and totally unexpected... thats why zoro had such a hard time dealing with it.

But on topic I really hope and think that there is no real connection between tashigi and kuina ... they just happen to look alike.. They say everyone has a doppleganger somewhere in the world.
On a side note. I have a 4yr old cousin ... we found a little girl who looks just like her in a missori state guide. Like mirror image. It was cool but creepy.

Eyefarted2
April 22, 2007, 12:06 AM
twins seperated at birth maybe? there similar looks and love of swords. maybe when they tashigu finally found her sister, she found out that she was dead and mistakingly thought zoro killed her, but since she never saw him before, when tashigi first saw him he didnt know he was him.

Azurel
April 22, 2007, 05:35 AM
everyone has a doppleganger eh... well, could be.. maybe it's just oda-sensei sense of humour..

Absolutio
April 28, 2007, 09:25 AM
didnt zoro saw ppl carrying tashigi at her funeral or something like that? if it is so, it kinda eliminates the still alive and lost her memory theory.

IgnorantSage
April 29, 2007, 06:43 AM
didnt zoro saw ppl carrying tashigi at her funeral or something like that? if it is so, it kinda eliminates the still alive and lost her memory theory.

I don't want to hang on to the belief that Tashigi is actually Kuina.

However, the part about the funeral does not necessarily justify that Kuina was dead since what Zoro saw was a closed casket, hence he never saw the body of Kuina.

I really wanted to believe that Kuina is still alive since the way she died was just absurd if you think about how much damage people in the OP universe can absorb.

But then I remembered that the mangaka is Oda and it is really possible that while a weak person like Spandam can survive being smashed into a wall, a stronger character could die by slipping on the stairs. Heck, a character might die from sniffing a really bad fart for all I know.

I think it's time to let go of Kuina, although I still harbor some doubts of her death. For now, I think it's better to assume that she is dead.

Anti-panda
April 29, 2007, 10:52 AM
So even thou we saw her funeral and we saw how hard Zoro and her father had a hard (very hard) time coping with the Idea and the reality of her death, ( think back to zoro thinking she was right behind him during his training but she wasn't) we still don't believe she is dead because we didn't see her mutilated corpse..... Come on people except reality .. your all grasping at straws and taking reasonable doubt way way way too far.
Kunia is dead. We attended her funeral. Tashigi is not kuina .. thou she may be similar both in attitude and dream. But two women swordswomen would encounter the same difficulties so they'd probably have similar attitudes and outlooks on life.
Plus no way thier sisters .... tashigi didn't even register a reaction when zoro said she had the same face and attitude as his dead friend... see... DEAD.

ubo
May 12, 2007, 01:07 AM
Haha, that was harsh. But i agree. :)

Zoro is moving on in pursuit of his goal. We should, too.

Yondy
May 21, 2007, 03:00 PM
I kinda don't trust Zoro's teacher. And the whole "a girl can't inherit a dojo" and such is a bit suspicious.

The teacher just has like a negative vibe... i don't believe in him being nice. And dying by falling down the stairs... too lame for Kuina.

In my opinion Tashigi will turn out to be Kuina at some point.

Absolutio
May 27, 2007, 05:00 PM
Zoro's teacher got zoro to his dojo, trained him and took care of him for free. a complete stranger. He might be weird, but I don't think he can be bad, although when you said this about him, the first thing that came to my mind was Jin's teacher from Samurai Champloo. :p

Yondy
May 27, 2007, 06:04 PM
That's what i was thinking too (Jin's teacher)...

Anti-panda
May 28, 2007, 11:36 AM
I kinda don't trust Zoro's teacher. And the whole "a girl can't inherit a dojo" and such is a bit suspicious.

The teacher just has like a negative vibe... i don't believe in him being nice. And dying by falling down the stairs... too lame for Kuina.

In my opinion Tashigi will turn out to be Kuina at some point.

1. her father said that knowing as soon as Kuina would come up against that wall and overcome it, the sooner she could become a great swordswoman. Tough love.

2. Tashigi and kuina do not even have the same dream. Tashigi doesn't want to become the best swordsman/woman in the world like kuina did.

3. Kuina is dead. And brooke already has the resurection DF. So she is dead ... not just mostly dead.. but dead DEAD. Nothing left to do but rifle through her pockets for loose change. (I love the Princess Bride)

So there are many reason why tashigi is not kuina... thats just three of them.

OP_overlord
May 28, 2007, 11:15 PM
that is the second time that you have quoted that same scene and it is a good scene
and i just noticed that your sig is another quote from the movie

very nice

and by the by there is no connection between these two lovelyl adies kuina is dead and if she wasnt zoro would still be trying to beat her back at the dojo

Anti-panda
May 29, 2007, 11:23 PM
Yeah the Princess Bride is only One of the best movies EVER.

I'd like to pose another question .. slightly On topic...

If kuina Had survived ... what do you think she'd be doing now???

I bet she'd be a marine..... or maybe a pirate ... I don't know I think if Zoro was a bounty hunter .. or a pirate she'd do what he does. To show him up .. i can be a better pirate than you zoro .. kindof thing.

OP_overlord
May 30, 2007, 08:05 PM
no they would stick thgethrer and fight all the time and be pirate hunters

FaustXIII
September 06, 2010, 07:02 AM
I watched an episode where I think the revolutionaries came to the island where the dojo of Kuina's family is located. And if I am not mistaken.. Ivankov is freaking out saying that someone is crucially injured...

My Theories were:

1. Ivankov insert some hormone to kuina that might be the cause of a memory loss or something.

2. Smoker came and kidnapped Kuina and named her Tashigi hehe (idiotic theory)

But.... I really really really want that Kuina is still alive so I hope that Kuina and Tashigi is only one.

I also wanted to watch Kuina and Zoro fight for the title the best swordsman ever, surpassing Mihawk and Vista :)

:amuse:amuse:amuse:amuse:amuse:amuse:amuse:amuse:amuse

mars0103
September 06, 2010, 07:30 AM
does anyone remember to scene with zoro training in a flash back about sabo. Everyone thinks it was sabo on the dragons ship could it be kurin instead. There horrible wounds remember the anime played kurins death differently to the manga. anime fall down the stairs and the manga she gets the crap beaten out off her.

THM Nindo
September 06, 2010, 07:39 AM
Unfortunately, I think that she's simply dead...
But, like many of you, I'm hoping to be wrong.

If indeed Tashigi is Kuina, we can only hope for Oda to make up a good story...

If I would like to theorize, I'd say that this make more sense:
- Kuina was saying that she didn't want to be a woman.
- We saw that Ivankov was on that island at some point.
- Maybe Ivankov changed Kuina into a man, and then she pretended to be dead.
(I know, that'll suck because it would blow the romance between Zoro and her).

I just noticed that Oda rarely put stuff in the manga for no reason...
If he wanted to show that Kuina's dad was helping the RA, there must be a reason.

Now... if really Kuina is alive, there are only two possibilities in my opinion:
- She's now a man, possibly in the RA, but will revert back to a woman at some point to proove a point that even woman can be really great swordman.
- Somehow, she's Tashigi (I'm not a big fan of the "memory loss" theory).

Fox666
September 06, 2010, 09:34 AM
Did we not see Kuina's corpse in the manga?

RezzieThaRapper
September 06, 2010, 10:31 AM
Here's my theory...

Kuina is a spy for the revolutionaries... They put her directly into the ranks of the Marines under Smoker...

How was this done...

I think she did not fall down the stairs, I think that her father is a Revolutionary commander... They wanted to plant a seed into the government early on... and "Tashigi" was the name of that seed...

I think Tashigi has a job to take out the Marine she was under at any given time if war broke out between the revolutionaries and the goverment... I think her skill is being surpressed, possibly by an ability of her Father, and he altered her memories so that she would not remember until a certain signal went off...

Why would they send a little girl to do this... Why are Ace & Luffy destined for greatness... HAKI, King's Haki... It may have protruded out with a bang while she was arguing with her father over a woman's place in a dojo... So he called his surperior, but he told him to constantly check up on her and make sure she was safe... and that would be the reason Dragon was in Logue Town that day...

Ridiculous: Yes
Plausible: Meh, Not Very
Possible: Only Very Slightly
Is Oda Mangaka: Yes

Newkerzy
September 12, 2010, 06:11 AM
1. her father said that knowing as soon as Kuina would come up against that wall and overcome it, the sooner she could become a great swordswoman. Tough love.

2. Tashigi and kuina do not even have the same dream. Tashigi doesn't want to become the best swordsman/woman in the world like kuina did.

3. Kuina is dead. And brooke already has the resurection DF. So she is dead ... not just mostly dead.. but dead DEAD. Nothing left to do but rifle through her pockets for loose change. (I love the Princess Bride)

So there are many reason why tashigi is not kuina... thats just three of them.

that is the second time that you have quoted that same scene and it is a good scene
and i just noticed that your sig is another quote from the movie

very nice

and by the by there is no connection between these two lovelyl adies kuina is dead and if she wasnt zoro would still be trying to beat her back at the dojo

But she has the same viewpoint as Kuina. Oh yeah, about that part where the revolutionaires coming to Zoro's dojo, where is it in the manga??

Wisshard
September 12, 2010, 07:04 AM
does anyone remember to scene with zoro training in a flash back about sabo. Everyone thinks it was sabo on the dragons ship could it be kurin instead.
Though we can see a kid who look remarkable similar to Kuina whacking away at a training dummy during that scene, so I think it was before Kuina had her little accident.

Newkerzy
September 13, 2010, 01:03 AM
Unfortunately, I think that she's simply dead...
But, like many of you, I'm hoping to be wrong.

If indeed Tashigi is Kuina, we can only hope for Oda to make up a good story...

If I would like to theorize, I'd say that this make more sense:
- Kuina was saying that she didn't want to be a woman.
- We saw that Ivankov was on that island at some point.
- Maybe Ivankov changed Kuina into a man, and then she pretended to be dead.
(I know, that'll suck because it would blow the romance between Zoro and her).

I just noticed that Oda rarely put stuff in the manga for no reason...
If he wanted to show that Kuina's dad was helping the RA, there must be a reason.

Now... if really Kuina is alive, there are only two possibilities in my opinion:
- She's now a man, possibly in the RA, but will revert back to a woman at some point to proove a point that even woman can be really great swordman.
- Somehow, she's Tashigi (I'm not a big fan of the "memory loss" theory).

Where does it show that Zoro's sensei was helping the RA? can anyone link me to it??

Smit
September 13, 2010, 05:52 AM
Where does it show that Zoro's sensei was helping the RA? can anyone link me to it??
That would be here: http://www.mangareader.net/103-54487-7/one-piece/chapter-589.html

Newkerzy
September 13, 2010, 09:04 AM
OMG!!! you know, it could be possible now that Kuina's father may have arranged for Kuina's fake death. Way out of left field, but definitely plausible since Tashigi looks too much like Kuina. Oda did say he wasn't planning on romance, but I'm a bit suspicious since there was a couple of LuffyxNami hints before the timeskip: like Luffy not getting a nosebleed from seeing Hancock's racks while he did get one he saw Nami's. Or:

http://read.mangashare.com/One-Piece/chapter-514/page010.html

and the fact that Luffy also lost someone dear right in front of his eyes and that someone also happens to be an adoptive relative, like Nami had, makes a parallel to each other. Which why I'm getting a strange gut feeling Oda may add in pinches of romance.

So, ZoroxTashigi/Kuina is possible. Therefore, I'm going with the theory Kuina's death is faked & Tashigi is Kuina. And she was meant to betray the WG at one time. I'm going with the memory loss theory here.

frontaLobotomy
September 13, 2010, 07:22 PM
There are some interesting theories on display here, but I have to admit I'd be hugely let down if the sole motivation Zoro had before joining the Straw Hat Pirates turned out to be a faked death. I think Tashigi looks like Kuina simply out of coincidence, and that Oda brought her in as a swordsman that Zoro is unable to fight, which is pretty cool in it self.

johnnyb7
September 13, 2010, 09:21 PM
I had a theory a while ago about that they might be the same people. She fell down the stairs, so it may be possible that she got amnesia. Otherwise, yeah they're just different people.

BlackSword
September 26, 2010, 01:05 AM
The possibility that Kuina is Tashigi is there. I mean say for some reason Kuina had to be hidden from someone/something. My best guess is that we will find out that there is some super omnipotent/omniscient character behind the scenes pulling the SH together. And that in order to make Zoro leave home they had to fake Kuina's death. :p just a theory though ^^

Bugzee
September 26, 2010, 05:17 PM
I would really hate it if Tashigi is Kuina in the end. UNLESS...there's a really, really unique/special reason for it...I just can't imagine Zoro's facial expression once he learns the truth about the "connection".

A relation? Possibly...twin sister? Mmmmm.

natli
September 29, 2010, 05:31 AM
@Rezzie
wow I like that. That's the first "Kuina is alive" theory that has some support in manga. Though it makes a complete bastard out of Kuina's father...who does that to their own kid? :P But I hope you're right because Kuina's death is strange. One day they make a promise to be the best swordsmasters in the world, and the next one she falls down the stairs? Come on. Also, if she's alive she could be Zoro's final opponent, which would be awesome ;.;

MihawkAce
September 29, 2010, 07:52 PM
tashigi just reminds zoro of kuina kuina died thats why kuinas dad gave zoro de kuinas sword and also everyobody was there for kuinas funeral so shes dead completley and never ever coming back

RezzieThaRapper
October 17, 2010, 02:09 PM
@Rezzie
wow I like that. That's the first "Kuina is alive" theory that has some support in manga. Though it makes a complete bastard out of Kuina's father...who does that to their own kid? :P But I hope you're right because Kuina's death is strange. One day they make a promise to be the best swordsmasters in the world, and the next one she falls down the stairs? Come on. Also, if she's alive she could be Zoro's final opponent, which would be awesome ;.;

I meant to reply to this way sooner but I got distracted and forgot lolz

For the dark red text: cough *Minato* coughs again...
(I know nobody likes Naruto references in One Piece, but that was too funny, I had to post it)

For the Navy color text:That is why I had always thought Tashigi was Kuina from the beginning, but I had nothing substantial to back that up until they showed Dragon at that island with his Revolutionaries

If she turns out to be a future opponent for Zoro or even the final one, I don't see how she can match him unless she had a secondary ability... I mean even if my theory on her skills being surpressed with her memories then she only can gain as much skill as she had back then combined with what she learned as Smoker's right hand... Maybe she has gotten a lot stronger as a marine during the timeskip...