View Full Version : Fairy Tail Vol. 19 (Chap. 153-160) Discussions

Pages : [1] 2

Unlucky Boy
September 30, 2009, 09:40 AM
153 is up on raw paradise

http://kidoailakutrad.free.fr/

pirateninjahunter
September 30, 2009, 10:23 AM
Next chapter will tell us what is the reason why they were targeting Cait Shelter. Do we know the guild master of cait shelter?

Ero-Sanji
September 30, 2009, 11:37 AM
No we do not but I'm sure we've seen him/her before probably at the meeting in the demon&death flute arc...

I'm guessing it's the man/woman who looks like a witch, you know witches and cats...

http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/20/13/
http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/20/16/

Krono
September 30, 2009, 12:17 PM
No we do not but I'm sure we've seen him/her before probably at the meeting in the demon&death flute arc...

I'm guessing it's the man/woman who looks like a witch, you know witches and cats...

http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/20/13/
http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/20/16/

That's not the person that the Cait Shelter guild members are calling Master. It's some old guy with a beard and no shirt.

hash899
September 30, 2009, 01:12 PM
here is the english scanlation:

http://ieatsoul.com/manga-releases/fairy-tail-153/

kkck
September 30, 2009, 01:27 PM
Holy shit, gerard was taken out in one hit...... Midnight is unreasonably strong lol. Wonder what was the crime that guild commited though... What could they possibly have done to blaine for him to want revenge that badly.... Maybe it has something to do with midnight's mom....

It was kinda predictable jura was going to stop the explosion though, when I first saw it I already predicted it lol...... Very shounen moment...

hongoasdf
September 30, 2009, 01:35 PM
Wow... this one turned out great.

First, spoiler tags, for those of you who scrolled down on the thread without reading the chapter.

First of all, we get to see Cait Shelter, and it's quite obvious from the way the master dresses that he is related to Brain (C'mon, we don't ever see two unrelated characters with shamanistic feathers). Also that thing about "our true identity"... it's a long shot, but they may be survivors of the Nirvite tribe, or however those guys who created Nirvana were called. Creating Nirvana would be the "crime/sin" the master was talking about, too.

Next, we have a scheming Brain. He may suck at fighting, but his forte is plotting, as we have seen. He probably didn't plan on taking out all of them, rather incapacitating Jura, who is the strongest of them (Protagonist Power-Up Natsu aside)... and he succeeded.

We now know that the Gerard Wendy knew is the other Gerard, Mistgun. Or maybe some other unknown clone, who knows. That thing about the smell pretty much says it all. Though it's weird Natsu hasn't noticed, considering he's seen Gerard and Mistgun a couple of times each. Maybe the different smell is way to subtle for someone as Natsu to notice.

Finally, five words: Midnight. Is. A. Freakin'. Beast.

Next chapter we have colour pages, Anime news AND an extra long, 30 page chapter. Can't wait.

Unlucky Boy
September 30, 2009, 01:43 PM
Tht was a nice chapter but not very informative...actually there's even more that we dont know now.

I'm kinda disappointed that their master is another old guy. I expected at least one of the big guilds masters to be a woman. Thinking about that there are no female guild masters at all... there's only one woman in the council, Luvia was the only girl in Phanom...there arent many strong females outside of FT.
The CaitShelter mages remind me of Nav from FT (I think that's his name, the one that can use animal souls), maybe he was part of them once?
Anyway I wonder what is their sin and how is it connected to Nirvana? and what was that about the living thunder?

Wendy says Gerard smells different than the Gerard she knows, so maybe that really was Mistgun that she met years ago.

Kravmaga
September 30, 2009, 01:52 PM
Well looks like cait shelter people were probably the nirvanite that built nirvana and possibly provoked some kind of disaster in the past; they probably buried the whole thing and disguised themselves to avoid people blaming them as the guildmaster's "it's time to face our sins" implies...
Also, it looks like wendy will probably meet gerard to heal him again and we might get some answers about the whole gerard/mistgun confusion by then...
But more importantly than all of this put together, Erza is going to fight! Woohoo! I can't wait anymore, it's been too long!

LoS
September 30, 2009, 02:42 PM
I'm gonna be so sick to my stomach when Erza magically is able to handle her own against Midnight, that or Natsu nakama power up to the 10th degree is able to curb stomp Midnight.

Surprisingly the best thing of this entire chapter was how utterly dumb the Cait Shelter mages looked. I mean they were so dumb, ugly, foolish, and crap looking that I could not stop laughing. I mean one guy literally had an ass for a face.

Dalyup!
September 30, 2009, 03:36 PM
I love how Gerard got taken down in an instant. Although it would be nice to see how Midnight done it rather than all these off-scene owning. Getting pretty obvious that the Gerard Wendy think she knows is Mystogan/Mistgun although that would make me wonder where the latter got such a random name.

Perhaps the Cait Shelter's crime was to use Nirvana on someone/something Brain and all that knew in the past thus turning them all corrupt and into not the best of fellas. Although since CS are good guys it was probably the lesser of two evils.

Solfy
September 30, 2009, 05:28 PM
Yeah right, Midnight defeating Gerard in an instant. So, is this guy a god or what ? To make him that strong... That's absurd. Gerard was probably, wtih Makarov, one of the strongest fighters we ever saw in FT.

Seriously, the more I think about it, the more I guess Midnight's magic is definately to return his bruises to the one who cause them. There's no other way.

Anyway, he'll either be defeated by some cheesy power of love or nakama power or whatever.

Aikidoka
September 30, 2009, 07:45 PM
haha, wow, Gerard...xD

Though I do want to point out that we don't know whether or not Midnight did OHKO Gerard, for all we know they had a slightly longer fight and we only saw the end.

My favorite part was where "Richard" gave them all the orders, and then it turned out to be Brain...badass.

pirateninjahunter
September 30, 2009, 08:08 PM
Gerrard was easily defeated!
I ask myself who is the strongest: Mistgun or Gerrard?

bittman
September 30, 2009, 08:12 PM
I'm just happy that Brain actually pulled off the trap and Hoteye conversation and appeared to 1-1 exchange his conciousness for Jura's. I was already disappointed by the Jura KO of Blaine, so this just makes me happy again.

I expect Erza should take out Midnight, but then "he" will appear anyway for the concious members to battle against. Only reason I think Erza will be able to win is because she is the first person to actually witness Midnight attack. All his other battles had no spectators during his counter.

...that and Erza is one of the most powerful mages/fighters in the manga. I'd rate her above the rest of the alliance, Jura included.

LoS
September 30, 2009, 09:47 PM
I am pretty sure Hoteye had not only known Midnight's powers but had witnessed them before.

Unlucky Boy
September 30, 2009, 11:57 PM
I hope Erza is going to use this- http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/91/11/
Midnight deserves that.

hongoasdf
October 01, 2009, 12:29 AM
Indeed. And we never really got to see how powerful that armor made Erza.

Though it was useless against Ikaruga... and Midnight appears to be stronger than any foe Erza has faced before. Then again, Ikaruga was specialized in destroying armors, so Erza'll probably be fine. Probably...

Evil3ye
October 01, 2009, 06:08 AM
Oh geez. Gerald was defeated off-panel :facepalm

but meh, not its finally time for Erza to kick some Oración asses, since she failed in her first fight >_>

Natsu Dragonil
October 01, 2009, 05:25 PM
Hopefully Erza wont be able to stand a chance against Midnight alone.I mean if a holy mage get one hit koed then she wont be able to make a difference.The problem is that neither Natsu nor Erza seem to like to team up in a fight so it looks like it will be Erza getting owned and then Natsu will get pissed and take over with the help of wendy.

I dont count gray in cause he used most of his magic in the fight against Racer so he sholdnt be able to do anything.

Solfy
October 01, 2009, 05:35 PM
Well, Midnight seems to be the type with a very big strong point, but also with a very big weakness.

Attacking him just by using your power seems useless (Hoteye failed, Gerard failed, and he's like the most powerful of the "good" guys at Nirvana). I really like the theory of Midnight reflecting the damage he took to the damager.

Whoever will find his weakness will win. Since his advantage his very strong, his weakness will be as well.

Ero-Sanji
October 03, 2009, 06:55 AM
Well, Midnight seems to be the type with a very big strong point, but also with a very big weakness.

Attacking him just by using your power seems useless (Hoteye failed, Gerard failed, and he's like the most powerful of the "good" guys at Nirvana). I really like the theory of Midnight reflecting the damage he took to the damager.

Whoever will find his weakness will win. Since his advantage his very strong, his weakness will be as well.

Well then perhaps Wendy is the key to victory since her magic is meant for healing...

Foundway
October 03, 2009, 07:32 AM
Yeah now its erza´s turn . I think she will beat midnight in a hard fight , but i dont think Midnight is a god , because he beated gerad.
We have to consider that firstly he lost his memory , so I think he can not use all of his spells, secondly he casted a self-destruct spell on himself, so he is weakened.

Unlucky Boy
October 03, 2009, 08:22 AM
Erza will get help from Wendy, or from Gerard who will be healed by Wendy.

I think the key to beating Midnight is Wendy's sky magic. If he's really reflecting magic or damage then healing him might have some effect.

On another note, I was thinking about CaitShelter and it really seems like they are the people of Nirvit. The problem is that the Nirvits lived 400 years ago. But they mentioned some barrier, that might be a time barrier or something of the sort which can keep them uneffected by time inside of it. That can also explain why they sent only Wendy to fight the OS, They simply cant get out of their guild.
Moreover, as someone mentioned before, Blaine seems to be one of them. He probably invented some magic that can keep him alive outside of the barrier. And that may be how he knows Wendy as the sky sorceress, which means maybe the DS were part of this world already 400 years ago but for some reason they cant remember or maybe they were reborn or something...

MechR
October 03, 2009, 06:44 PM
We have to consider that firstly he lost his memory , so I think he can not use all of his spells
I'd like to think that's the case too, but the evidence is working against it. The guy blew Natsu away, collapsed the ground under Brain's feet, found and unsealed Nirvana, and cast passworded self-destruct spells. Even if he's operating on muscle memory, that's quite a range for someone who's supposedly forgotten everything.

Solfy
October 03, 2009, 07:46 PM
Yeah, that's why I think Midnight's magic can only be something acting like a mirror.

Gerard is a freaking beast, him getting defeated that quickly is absurd. Maybe he lost his memories, but it seems like he remember well magic.

Well, funny enough, I still think he'll beat Midnight or take a huge part on his defeat. The stuff like "Live on to atone" and such wouldn't be any good if there was nothing behind it.

Ultimaweapon
October 03, 2009, 10:57 PM
If Midnight even said that is immune to magic, then just Erza fight physically against him.

fizban
October 04, 2009, 12:28 AM
Maybe Cait Shelter is connected to that Anima thing that Gerard mentioned to Wendy before leaving her with the guild. I'm sure it has more to do with Nirvana but that will eventually have to come into play

kkck
October 04, 2009, 01:00 AM
I have been wondering about that person brain mentioned and came up with a theory. Each time an oracion 6 is defeated in battle, a line in in brain's face disappears. In theory, once all the prayers disappear the lines from brain's face will disappear. What if the lines on brains face represent some form of seal and the person brain mentioned will appear only once all the O6 are defeated? It would be an interesting twist, each oracion 6 represents a step a step closer and a step away from victory lol.

As for midnights power, it is weird. On one hand it seems as it if has to do with midnight in dreams. Dunno how what we have seen applies to this though. It could also be a nightmare sort of power(that is a dream though). Seeing how hoteye was defeated though I would think midnights power allows him to return any damage he receives lol(that would explain what happened to hoteye and why midnight had no damage whatsoever on him). If that is the case, then maybe wendy will be the one to defeat him. While receiving damage allows him to return the damage and get healed, being healed would allow him to return the heal and get hurt. Kind of absurd in so many ways but it is still within the scope of things I would expect from mashima lol.

Big Al
October 05, 2009, 11:11 AM
Chapter 154 are up already.

Get it from Raw-Paradise (http://kidoailakutrad.free.fr/) or download it here (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZD3I4QJG).

hongoasdf
October 05, 2009, 11:45 AM
It's been a while since we had the RAW on a monday.

Loved the colour pages. The monkey on top of Natsu cracked me up xDxD

Anyhow, without a translation I didn't understand much. Except that we probably get some insight on Cait Shelter, and that Midnight is a beast (But we already knew that). His magic seems to be something like... Distortion.

No doubt things will become clearer with a trasnlation at hand. Time to await patiently... again.

By the way, we got to see a lot of Erza's skin during this chapter. Mashima clearly missed drawing her.

kkck
October 05, 2009, 11:59 AM
I would also think midnight has the power to manipulate space around him. That would basically explain how stuff just goes around him lol. I do find it weird how the wounds he had got transferred hoteye though. I would guess midnight can use several types of magic.

Solfy
October 05, 2009, 03:21 PM
Translation from cnet is up.

As thought, Midnight's magic acts as a kind of reflector.

The lame excuse for Gerard being defeated easily is "He doesn't remember his magic well" "He has used a lot of magical power before". Yeah right. Next time, I'd like the reason to be "Gerard couldn't kill that guy because otherwise it would end the arc so it wouldn't be cool, right ?", that will be about the same.

Chocolove77
October 05, 2009, 03:31 PM
The excuse for Gerard's defeat seems plausible to me. Casting an autodesctruction spell on yourself and something as powerful and big as Nirvana must really eat up a lot of magic power. It would take a whole Guild to seal it up. Imagine what you'd need to destroy it.

Ero-Sanji
October 05, 2009, 04:02 PM
Depending on what the staff said I hope Erza loses against midnight.

hash899
October 05, 2009, 04:11 PM
here are the scans by i eat manga:

http://sites.google.com/site/ieatsoul/

Evil3ye
October 05, 2009, 04:13 PM
Oow.. she couldnt even touch him :darn
But the new amor looks quite encouraging.. next chapter Midnight is gonna be owned, Im sure :tem

Unlucky Boy
October 05, 2009, 04:20 PM
that staff is funny, could that be Urtear's ball in it's mouth?

I wonder how Erza is going to defeat Midnight (and I really hope no light or hearts and friendships will be involved).

Dalyup!
October 05, 2009, 04:28 PM
Yeah, I hope no idea of friendship is involved in Midnight's defeat as well. I'm thinking she'll be defeated, if narrowly. I just can't see how she'll be able to hit someone who can reflect multiple attacks, even light, at once unless with some amazing ingenuity that I can't think of.

Probably obvious that "he" is the staff. Although only five of the prayers have been defeated, maybe six of the prayers have to go before he can be in a human form? Actually, that'd lead to more credence that Erza will defeat Midnight...

kkck
October 05, 2009, 04:54 PM
Haven't we seen that staff somewhere before? IDK why but it seems kinda familiar....

I still think the lines on blaines face represented more than just the oracion 6. I am inclined to believe the oracion 6 were also some sort of seal. Wonder what this guy's prayer will be lol(to be made into a real boy perhaps?)....

Kravmaga
October 05, 2009, 05:00 PM
Yeah, I hope no idea of friendship is involved in Midnight's defeat as well. I'm thinking she'll be defeated, if narrowly. I just can't see how she'll be able to hit someone who can reflect multiple attacks, even light, at once unless with some amazing ingenuity that I can't think of.

Probably obvious that "he" is the staff. Although only five of the prayers have been defeated, maybe six of the prayers have to go before he can be in a human form? Actually, that'd lead to more credence that Erza will defeat Midnight...

Yeah; Erza hasn't really had her own fight up to now. While I was distracted from that fact by other fights being quite entertaining, I've been waiting to see her trash someone since the beginning of this arc.

that staff is funny, could that be Urtear's ball in it's mouth?

I wonder how Erza is going to defeat Midnight (and I really hope no light or hearts and friendships will be involved).

You just blew my mind away. If urtear were really the one manipulating OS, then she'd just earn her place as the coolest recurring villain in FT.

hongoasdf
October 05, 2009, 05:38 PM
Indeed. If that ball in the staff's mout is Urtear's... I'll start fearing her.

At any rate, I doubt Erza'll defeat Midnight on her own. She'll probably fall this round, then recieve help from Wendy and/or Ichiya (Of whom we have seen little-to-none).

After that, the staff's true form will appear... I predict another Zeref Monster. And it will be swiftly dealt with by Natsu and his protagonic powers.

LoS
October 05, 2009, 06:01 PM
Erza will inevitably get a nakama/lovers power up, she will see Gerard(or whoever it really is) slowly slip towards the dark side and she will man up and go balls out fighting Midnight. Plus Mashima has shown that Erza doesn't need bundles of Armour to be powerful, and sometimes she is strongest with the minimal amount, hence this new Armour consisting of only clothing really.

exacta
October 05, 2009, 07:09 PM
Erza will inevitably get a nakama/lovers power up, she will see Gerard(or whoever it really is) slowly slip towards the dark side and she will man up and go balls out fighting Midnight. Plus Mashima has shown that Erza doesn't need bundles of Armour to be powerful, and sometimes she is strongest with the minimal amount, hence this new Armour consisting of only clothing really.

Yeah. After the bullshit Ikaruga vs Erza fight, I'm not going to be surprised if Erza defeats Midnight next chapter.Mashima did use a alot of powerups based on friendship and feelings in Rave.....Anyone else besides me tired of seeing Erza and Natsu win????

I was kinda hoping the reason for them targetting Cait Shelter it would be something less expected, something more surprising.......ehhh....but the staff being behind OS is good. I was kinda thinking it might be Urtear too.

MechR
October 05, 2009, 07:11 PM
Maybe Midnight's weakness is fabric. Erza's skirt did survive everything he threw at her :p

I don't know what she's thinking with that naginata though. Is this going to be like Kenpachi's "use both hands" thing? :p

kkck
October 05, 2009, 07:18 PM
Yeah. After the bullshit Ikaruga vs Erza fight, I'm not going to be surprised if Erza defeats Midnight next chapter.Mashima did use a alot of powerups based on friendship and feelings in Rave.....Anyone else besides me tired of seeing Erza and Natsu win????

I was kinda hoping the reason for them targetting Cait Shelter it would be something less expected, something more surprising.......ehhh....but the staff being behind OS is good. I was kinda thinking it might be Urtear too.

Don't turn this into a bleach discussion.... if there is one thing that tires me out is people complaining about good guys winning.... People should just learn to deal with the fact that in shounen good people win..... The bad guys might get a chance to shine but in the end the goods guys win...

mjohner1
October 05, 2009, 07:26 PM
Anyone else besides me tired of seeing Erza and Natsu win????

are you tired of ichigo taking big gaping holes to the chest and not die?

Aikidoka
October 05, 2009, 09:15 PM
Coolest chapter in a long time, and considering how cool the entire arc has been for me, that's saying a lot.

The staff being the true mastermind of OS is an awesome plot twist, and to answer your question on page 1, kkck, the staff is the one Blaine was holding. =O So incredibly awesome!

Cait Shelter being the Nirvit (or at least descendants) was predicted by someone a few weeks back so I wasn't too surprised.

I think Erza may be onto something here with her last armor. Notice it's all made out of fabric and not metal like her other two...so even if Midnight twists the cloth, it can't hurt her as much as the metal armor can it?

kkck
October 05, 2009, 09:27 PM
Coolest chapter in a long time, and considering how cool the entire arc has been for me, that's saying a lot.

The staff being the true mastermind of OS is an awesome plot twist, and to answer your question on page 1, kkck, the staff is the one Blaine was holding. =O So incredibly awesome!

Cait Shelter being the Nirvit (or at least descendants) was predicted by someone a few weeks back so I wasn't too surprised.

I think Erza may be onto something here with her last armor. Notice it's all made out of fabric and not metal like her other two...so even if Midnight twists the cloth, it can't hurt her as much as the metal armor can it?
I kinda meant something else.:p:p:mad:p:amuse
I thought we had seen the staff before the oracion 6 arc but I can't seem to place it... Maybe I am mistaken though....

LoS
October 05, 2009, 10:21 PM
On the note of Shounens this manga is still not nearly as bad as Bleach has been the past half year, it has been above and below Naruto depending on the direction Kishi takes that manga, so all in all I can't complain about this manga all things considered based on the other popular Shounens. Not going to bring up OP because it is clearly leagues better, but hey it is an accomplishment to be mentioned with the previous two.

Of course Midnight has to be defeated, that way we get to see the Staff's true identity, and power. And then once again right before the 7th member destroys the guild something will interrupt/some good guy will display some bullshit power up to stop the destruction of Cait Shelter. That or those dumb looking guild members will have some passed down secret way of easily undoing the power of Nirvana.

All comes with the territory of Shounens, and Fairy Tail as evident is no exception.

Krono
October 05, 2009, 11:26 PM
I thought we had seen the staff before the oracion 6 arc but I can't seem to place it... Maybe I am mistaken though....

Well, we have seen a talking skull on a stick before:

http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/20/19/

Is that what you're thinking of?

pirateninjahunter
October 05, 2009, 11:50 PM
I say Erza will defeat Midnight. She is going to find Midnight's weak point and defeat him/her.

Don't turn this into a bleach discussion.... if there is one thing that tires me out is people complaining about good guys winning.... People should just learn to deal with the fact that in shounen good people win..... The bad guys might get a chance to shine but in the end the goods guys win...

OP: luffy lost to: Aokiji, Smoker, Kizaru
Naruto: Naruto lost to: sasuke, kisame
FT: Natsu never lost

What I like about FT is that it is a different world and the concept of this world is different from the other mangas that I ready. It is less funny than Rave Master but at least it has a different world to show.

People should learn that Natsu will never lose. It does not make sense for him not to lose, but that is how FT works. He is like a rpg character with infinite HP. You can avoid him, but if you keep fighting, you eventually lose.

kkck
October 06, 2009, 12:35 AM
^Natsu lost to the owl guy in TOP. He got eaten and got his ass saved by grey.

That is probably it but I will search the manga just in case. Can't help but feel I have seen that thing before lol. Maybe I am just crazy though.

MechR
October 06, 2009, 12:37 AM
Sure he has: On Galuna Island, Leon froze his torso in a block of ice, taking him out of the fight. During Phantom Lord, Aria was smacking him around, and nearly blew away his magic right before Erza saved his butt. In Tower of Paradise, Owlman ate him. Luxus has one-shotted him on multiple occasions. And most recently, Racer kicked his butt in the first Oracion Seis encounter.

I might be forgetting some here. Edit: Oh, right. Also in this arc, amnesiac Gerard blew him away right after waking up, and he arguably lost to Cobra.

kkck
October 06, 2009, 12:55 AM
I just noticed something. It is not related to more recent events but I do think it can provide some insight on gerard and brain.

http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/152/03/
http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/93/03/

Gerards magic looks extremely similar to that of brain. Wonder what that means lol(not to mention brains magic seemed to come from the staff.... maybe the oracion 6 really is beeing manipulated by urtears guild....).
[hr]

You know, I had to quote this again. What if the current stick is also a being created by good old zerref? So far almost zerref has been directly or indirectly involved in every arc, it would not be unusual that that stick is the connection in this arc(other than gerard). This one would certainly have a different function from the flute though considering it actually created an organization which controlled a third of the underworld.

Unlucky Boy
October 06, 2009, 01:11 AM
I just noticed something. It is not related to more recent events but I do think it can provide some insight on gerard and brain.

http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/152/03/
http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/93/03/

Gerards magic looks extremely similar to that of brain. Wonder what that means lol(not to mention brains magic seemed to come from the staff.... maybe the oracion 6 really is beeing manipulated by urtears guild....).

I think those ghost things represent the dark element magic.
Jose also had something similar to that.
http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/65/13/

kkck
October 06, 2009, 01:33 AM
Jose's is still kinda different though. On the other hand, brain's and gerards are pretty much the same....

hongoasdf
October 06, 2009, 01:41 AM
Yes, Mashima does like to draw ghost-like waves to represent "dark magic". There was also such thing in the Tower of Paradise flashback, when Gerard was being "possessed".

About the Flute and the staff... That's probably the connection I made subconsciously too, to get to think that what will awaken once Midnight is defeated is another of Zeref's creatures. Besides, we haven't seen one since... the Deliora arc, right? Quite some time ago.

And on the topic of Natsu losing a fight: I don't consider all of the examples given to be valid on this topic. What we're looking for is not Natsu just plainly losing a meaningless fist fight... at least not me. What I'm thinking about is Natsu losing a battle of ideals, in which a loss results in the breaking of a character's spirit and will. These fights are often represented with physical combat of course, but the real battle is fought with words (Therefore, they tend to be a bit too talky for just fights).

So far, we haven't seen anything like this in Fairy Tail, but rest assured; We will. These kind of losses are necessary in shounen for characters to realize they're not all-powerfull, and for them to "grow", both physically and mentally. After this, the character has a rematch with his/her oponent, whoever it may be, and defeats him, since he/she has a new resolution. Every shounen protagonist needs at least one moment like this... It's just too soon for it to have happened in Fairy Tail.

Evil3ye
October 06, 2009, 06:18 AM
Hmm.. after reading the scans I have to make up my mind. I don't think Erza is going to win next chapter.

But it's gonna be her action that makes Gerard remembering his magic so that he gives Midnight the final blow (or in the following chapter). Yeah I really do believe that now, after reading Erza saying "I believe in ya light" yadda yadda..

deffkryz
October 06, 2009, 06:39 AM
Anyone else besides me tired of seeing Erza and Natsu win????

No, sorry to disappoint you but I'm an Erza-fanboy. I can't stop seeing her pwn and punish the bad ones. ;P

So I'd love to see her to tear Midnight apart and slash him into pieces.

Wrong: He lost to that owl guy. (http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/88/16/) ;)

Ero-Sanji
October 06, 2009, 09:50 AM
The staff resembles the leader of the nirvits!!!!

http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/153/03/
http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/154/14/

Perhaps the staff was the former leader of the Nirvits...!

goldb
October 06, 2009, 10:11 AM
Or a member of the Nirvits who didn't agree with sealing the Nirvana away and so wants to destroy Cait Shelter so that there isn't anything to stand in the way of his plans.

exacta
October 06, 2009, 10:52 AM
are you tired of ichigo taking big gaping holes to the chest and not die?
At least Ichigo gets his ass kicked sometimes. Erza and Natsu always win....I wasn't saying every character in Fairy Tail, just Natsu and Erza. I don't really like either of them....
[hr]

How am I turning this into a Bleach discussion???? Besides, you know me from the Bleach forums, I'm usually one of the first people to tell everyone not to be upset when the good guys win......I'm just soooooooo tired of seeing Erza and Natsu fight. I'd rather watch a different good guy win. To be honest, I was hoping Mashima would use this arc to show off some new protagonists, and maybe have someone from FT besides Lucy, Gray and Erza accompany Natsu. But all he's shown really was Jura. The 3 guys from Blue Pegasus haven't done much, and Wendy seems to be a supporter, so I don't know if she'll fight.....

Solfy
October 06, 2009, 11:21 AM
Natsu always winning ? No freaking way. 80% of his wins are just pure luck and favorable conditions. His losses are too much to be mentionned here. Still, he's completely inferior to Luxus, he couldn't do anything vs Gerard (Aetherion power up ftw), he even got beaten by the Owl guy...

Erza always winning... huh, sure. She was losing against Jose and lost against Gerard.

Krono
October 06, 2009, 12:54 PM
What I'm thinking about is Natsu losing a battle of ideals, in which a loss results in the breaking of a character's spirit and will. These fights are often represented with physical combat of course, but the real battle is fought with words (Therefore, they tend to be a bit too talky for just fights).

What ideals does Natsu have to lose? The only goals he's stated are to find Igneel, and surpass Erza. However he's largely just living his life. Unlike many other shounen protagonists, he doesn't have some all consuming goal.

So far, we haven't seen anything like this in Fairy Tail, but rest assured; We will. These kind of losses are necessary in shounen for characters to realize they're not all-powerfull, and for them to "grow", both physically and mentally. After this, the character has a rematch with his/her oponent, whoever it may be, and defeats him, since he/she has a new resolution. Every shounen protagonist needs at least one moment like this... It's just too soon for it to have happened in Fairy Tail.

I'm not so sure we'll see one of these. Keep in mind, Natsu started the series as a powerful, seasoned fighter. He knows that you can't win every time, and he generally trusts his friends to be able to handle themselves. So while something like failing to defeat Cobra might help strengthen his underlying drive to improve himself, it's unlikely to break his will or give him a new resolve.

But it's gonna be her action that makes Gerard remembering his magic so that he gives Midnight the final blow (or in the following chapter).

Gerard didn't forget his magic. Midnight is just taunting him over his poor performance. Hazards of being revived from a near death coma, then almost immediately using a large amount of power to try to destroy a city and kill himself.

Solfy
October 06, 2009, 01:13 PM
I still think Evil3ye is right in some way. I mean, what's the point in making a developpement like "Live on to atone" if the guy's just gonna sit and watch the end ?

+ this chapter's name is "Your words", with all that stuff about regaining sanity/courage and such, there's just no way Gerard isn't gonna do anything.

Dunno, it may awaken something in him, or the lame lover-power shall grant him his full magic back. Then bye Midnight.

Anyway, I really doubt Natsu and the gang will face Midnight. It'll be either Erza or Gerard or both who will defeat him imo.

kkck
October 06, 2009, 05:07 PM
How am I turning this into a Bleach discussion???? Besides, you know me from the Bleach forums, I'm usually one of the first people to tell everyone not to be upset when the good guys win......I'm just soooooooo tired of seeing Erza and Natsu fight. I'd rather watch a different good guy win. To be honest, I was hoping Mashima would use this arc to show off some new protagonists, and maybe have someone from FT besides Lucy, Gray and Erza accompany Natsu. But all he's shown really was Jura. The 3 guys from Blue Pegasus haven't done much, and Wendy seems to be a supporter, so I don't know if she'll fight.....

I did not say you were one of the people in the bleach discussion to say that nor implied such a thing lol. I simply suggested that you should not take the discussion that way to avoid having the discussion go in a similar discussion as the bleach one.

It is true we have not seen all of the alliance fight but we have seen a few and are bound to see them soon. The guy who helped lucy is really not much of a fighter given his particular power(he could be a strong fighter but his specialty would be elsewhere). As for the other two, I guess we just haven't seen them. As for wendy, she is not a fighter in any conceivable way whatsoever. Her magic is meant to heal, the most she could fight is fight to save someone's live from a wound or desease......

Solfy
October 06, 2009, 05:46 PM
Oh, I just forgot something. Although I don't see Natsu and co interrupting the fight, Wendy and Charle getting there is quite possible.

kkck
October 06, 2009, 05:50 PM
Wendy could possibly heal gerard completely. That could very well also restore his memories. Of course, that could also make gerard evil lol.

Solfy
October 06, 2009, 06:11 PM
Mh, even if we're going a bit off-topic here, Gerard freed himself from his "darkness" right after the fight at ToP. He saved Erza, remember ? So I think he wouldn't be evil if he regained his memories.

But anyway, Wendy already healed him up one time, and it didn't give him back his memories... Maybe it even destroyed them.

hongoasdf
October 06, 2009, 06:38 PM
Not only Wendy will be there to help, I predict Ichiya will appear soon enough. We have seen few of his abilities, and he doesn't seem like an extra character like Ren or Eve (Who got killed without us even watching how). Besides, Erza did say that he is a great magician. Maybe he has some tricks up his sleeve that will help defeat Midnight.

MechR
October 06, 2009, 07:12 PM
At least Ichigo gets his ass kicked sometimes. Erza and Natsu always win...
See my previous post (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1611208&postcount=25), which lists various times that Natsu "gets his ass kicked". Looking it over, he's lost at least once in pretty much every arc, and 3-4 times in the current one.

You have a somewhat better point with Erza. She does lose, just not in fair fights. With Jose, she was still recovering from tanking the Jupiter Cannon. With her old friends, she was emotionally distracted. With Gerard, he planted a binding spell on her while she was hugging him. And with the Oracion Seis, they were triple-teaming her after taking out everyone else.

Mh, even if we're going a bit off-topic here, Gerard freed himself from his "darkness" right after the fight at ToP. He saved Erza, remember ? So I think he wouldn't be evil if he regained his memories.
I have a theory that it was actually Mistgun who saved Erza in ToP. We know he's skilled at working with raw magical energy (i.e. when he regathered Makarov's dissipated magic), and Erza's death dream could've been one of his illusions.

Solfy
October 06, 2009, 07:28 PM
Off-topic again I guess... Oh well.

Hm, that theory seems quite huh, unreal to me. Remember the cracked skin Jeral/Gerard had before Wendy "revived" him ? He was heavily exposed to Aetherion : He fused with the tower's lacryma instead of Erza. (Oh, thinking about it, fusing with the lacryma and surviving, he should get some kind of huge permanent powerup... he did absorb all the aetherion after all. Can't wait to see him fighting @ full power).

Mistgun couldn't have just saved Erza without receiving any damage. The destruction of the Tower did happen.

Though, I'm leaning more and more towards Mistgun and Jeral/Gerard being half of the original Gerard each. Just imagine the freaking monster it would be. Or maybe they're just part of clones who were created by someone trying to create the perfect mage.

exacta
October 07, 2009, 10:16 AM
See my previous post (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1611208&postcount=25), which lists various times that Natsu "gets his ass kicked". Looking it over, he's lost at least once in pretty much every arc, and 3-4 times in the current one.

You have a somewhat better point with Erza. She does lose, just not in fair fights. With Jose, she was still recovering from tanking the Jupiter Cannon. With her old friends, she was emotionally distracted. With Gerard, he planted a binding spell on her while she was hugging him. And with the Oracion Seis, they were triple-teaming her after taking out everyone else.

Ehh....I don't really count those as fights for Natsu. Him getting frozen and him getting eaten were more funny than anything, and we only got to see him fhave a real fight with Luxus once, and that was the one he ended up winning. Although it was stated that he got one shotted several times in the past I think. Aria does smack him around a bit, but he got saved by Erza before he lost, who defeated him a little too fast IMO lol. None of those people ended up being his real opponents anyway.

I guess what I'm really looking for is for Natsu to have a big important meaningful fight and actually LOSE. Not something small. Something that will actually affect his growth, and make him stronger or strengthen his resolve....someone made a post about a battle like that before I think.

kkck
October 07, 2009, 12:36 PM
Natsu and this manga are not particularly deep, I would find it weird that mashima finds a place for such a thing. That sort of thing works better for characters with deeper personalities and objectives. Take naruto, the only reason his defeats help the story is because there is something behind everything(it use to be just sasuke and now there is also his entire messiah thing). Before mashima can use such a development on natsu, he would have to develop his personality far beyond the reckless impulsive bastard we all wait week after week to see. He could do it now and use it as a tool to develop natsu outside his reckless impulsiveness(which would suck IMHO, natsu should be reckless, impulsive and non-deep until this manga reaches it's end lol) but it would be way too out of the blue IMO..... All in all, natsu could get a defeat which could be used to strengthen his resolve and whatnot(this kinda thing also should not be taken to far, I hate emo manga moments and useless tears from punks who cannot deal with their own crap....) but there is nothing natsu really needs to accomplish as a whole yet... at the very least the manga would need more development on the plot...

hongoasdf
October 07, 2009, 04:16 PM
How about finding Igneel? Mashima could use that somehow.

But now that you mention it, yes it would make a lot more sense for Natsu to stay as the idiot he is,only turning into a god when he needs to... as most shounen protagonists.

Lee-tyme7
October 07, 2009, 05:08 PM
I wanna see Natsu grow a long beard and become a great Holy Mage and still be as reckless. LOL!!
I'm thinking Cobra will become allied with FT like Gazille then maybe they can create a Dragon slayers team. :P It's too bad Luxus's not there anymore.

The Fairy Tail DS teams:
Natsu-fire
Gazille-iron
Cobra-poison
Luxus-lightning (if only he return)
wendy-Wind(hey it could happen)

kkck
October 07, 2009, 06:48 PM
YAY for natsu staying a reckless impulsive bastard forever lol(I'd seriously hate to see him turning into some sort of naruto lol)! It would be very interesting to see natsu as a holy mage(and very hazardous lol). He is not bound to care about such a title though, he would probably still look strong people to fight with.

On another point, I do want to see natsu's character develop(but not in the emo way naruto or other manga characters are developed). Mashima could simply elaborate on his past, power and dragons without getting natsu all emo over some defeat and sense of justice....

NAM61
October 07, 2009, 09:32 PM
i think we will get to see natsu's past later in the manga. and how he felt when his friend who helped him find happy died trying to stop her brother.

fizban
October 08, 2009, 02:15 AM
Natsu versus a talking stick was pretty great. I guess he got used to the idea of sticks talking with Lullaby so he wasted no time beating the crap out of it.

His next opponent better not rely on rainforest magic or Natsu will mess them up.

bittman
October 08, 2009, 06:21 AM
I'm still wondering whether Midnight will really fall to just Erza? I mean, I do rate Erza as strong as one of the holy ten mages so I really wouldn't be too surprised, and Midnight has done his fair share of ownage amongst the light-alliance.

Of course he'll lose soon though, the not so subtle "he" was hinted a by Blaine and Natsu and Gray have energy to burn.

Actually, come to think of it, have Natsu and Gray ever properly teamed up to beat a single enemy? They team up to see who can beat the crap out of the most, but they've never teamed a final villain together.

In fact, come to think Gray has been pretty lacklustre in most recent arcs. Sure he beat Racer, but before that he lost to some puppets, fainted after beating an Owl, etc. Compared to Natsu and Erza (and probably even Lucy) Gray's losing in screentime and battle epic-ness.

Perhaps it's time for the famous rivalry to finally shine?

hongoasdf
October 08, 2009, 12:22 PM
Well... they did team up against the Lullaby monster. Also teamed up with Erza.

But I agree. Ever since the Deliora arc, Gray's protagonism and epicness has been decreasing. It's time for him to shine agaisnt this final boss. Along with Natsu and Lucy, of course, since they are members of Fairy Tail, too. And because Mashima'll probably feel like it.

Chocolove77
October 10, 2009, 11:08 AM
I mean, I do rate Erza as strong as one of the holy ten mages so I really wouldn't be too surprised, and Midnight has done his fair share of ownage amongst the light-alliance.

:blink
Are you serious? Erza as strong as one of the ten holy mage? Either you are overestimating Erza or underestimating the Holy Mages. What does it mean for Luxus, Mistgun and Gildartz then? Are they on par with Holy Mages too?

hongoasdf
October 10, 2009, 01:20 PM
For all we know, the rank of "Holy Mage" isn't necessarily awarded solely after reaching/surpassing a certain power level. Sure, power is probably one of the requirements, but there must be more to it. For instance... I don't know, a great accomplishment? An unfallible devotion to the (now unexistant) council or the Mage Guild System? Something like that.

If there is a holy mage weaker than Jura, Erza may well be at his/her level, not to mention Luxus, Mistgun and Gildartz being stronger, but they may be missing the other qualities for the rank, whatever they may be.

Dalyup!
October 12, 2009, 03:19 PM
I just remembered. Ichiya hasn't done anything and how exactly would you reflect smell? Maybe he'll come out of nowhere and help or else replace Erza.

hongoasdf
October 12, 2009, 03:51 PM
Odours travel through air, right? Midnight could just repel air (Though he wouldn't be able to breathe if the smells spread quickly enough, since he would be forced to repel the air closests to him). But I, too, think Ichiya will appear and help defeat Midnight, somehow.

Funny I mentioned "air". Made me think maybe Wendy will have an important role in this fight too, after all.

LoS
October 13, 2009, 12:51 AM
Just saw the new chapter, mine and nearly everyone else prediction's were true...

I really will might drop this manga, gonna finish the current arc then I dont know after that.

bittman
October 13, 2009, 02:36 AM
RAW is out on RAW-Paradise...

...and yeah what LoS said, getting really predictable lately. I do need to wait for the scan to confirm one thing though.

And also @ Chocolove77: Yes, I believe Erza is Ten Holy Mage strength-worthy. I doubt she'd go down to Jura easily, and though she struggled against Phantom guild leader (but still put up a good fight), since the Gerard incident I believe her strength has grown by the one thing which held it back. She's no Marakov of course, but who is?

LoS
October 13, 2009, 02:37 AM
and whats that? spoiler tag and/or pm me.

I'll put my prediction in spoiler tags and it can be moved to the official thread by a mod or whomever.

The next chapter the staff will reveal him/herself to be the "Zero-th" member of the Oracion Seis, and will be the final obstacle.

Erza looked to use some hax mirage/transport/flying technique, and she also found out Midnight's weaknesses and attacked them.

From what I can gather Midnight's prayer was "sleep."

kkck
October 13, 2009, 12:25 PM
:blink
Are you serious? Erza as strong as one of the ten holy mage? Either you are overestimating Erza or underestimating the Holy Mages. What does it mean for Luxus, Mistgun and Gildartz then? Are they on par with Holy Mages too?

Wasn't erza going to be used by gerard to hold zerrefs spirit back at TOP because she was on par with the ten holy mages? Obviously she would be easily destroyed easily by makarov and other HM who are comparable to him but if a position opens there is a small chance she might get it. As for the ones you mentioned, it is possible that is a position should open they would also be considered(quite frankly luxus seems a lot stronger than jura lol).....

The position of holy mage is given to strong mages, I doubt there is a powerlevel requirement other than being among the strong mages around.

Unlucky Boy
October 13, 2009, 01:14 PM
I'm not so sure being a holy mage is all about power. Of couse power would be one of the more important qualities to gain that title, but Jura said himself this position is merely a title granted by the council.
http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/133/15/

I believe the council gives the title of a holy mage to those who made some major contribution to the magic world. Like in Erza's dream after the Etherion hit the tower of paradise, the council gave her that title for her sacrifice.

hash899
October 13, 2009, 01:47 PM
Raw: http://www.raw-paradise.com/
Translation: http://mangahelpers.com/t/cnet128/releases/16787
Scanlation: http://ieatsoul.com/manga-releases/fairy-tail-155-by-ieatmanga/

It was a good chapter for me. Erza never stops amazing me and midnight just keeps coming up with new things lol.

btw if im not allowed to post links then can a mod just remove them rather than banning me or something >.<

daichi383
October 13, 2009, 03:07 PM
cool chapter (better than the usual stuff we've been gettin in this arc).

Unlucky Boy
October 13, 2009, 03:53 PM
I usually hate chapters that are all fight and no development but that was one smart fight... very impressing
and no light or friendship were mentioned till Midnight was already defeated, yay! (I was worried the light of the bond between Erza and Gerard or something like that would help her pierce through Midnight's power).

Kravmaga
October 13, 2009, 04:03 PM
So much for all the predictions about friends power coming through again...
Erza defeated midnight's illusion thanks to her artificial eye; who saw that one coming?

kkck
October 13, 2009, 04:49 PM
I get why midnight was so powerful but after seeing his weaknesses I cannot help but think a bunch of characters could deal with him, specially DS.

A magician that relies exclusively on his magic while not having much physical dexterity would have no chance against midnight. The DS tend to enhance their own combat capacities with their respective elements so they also have great physical abilities. They could even use their magic indirectly to boost their attack(such as when natsu used his fire magic to as a properer for his punch).

I guess midnights magic would work on almost anyone without an artificial eye though.

It was a nice chapter. Midnight did go down kinda fast but on the other hand next chapter the only place left to go is the staff issue. I theorized the staff was actually being sealed by the lines on brains face. If that is true, then the staff should be fully released next chapter since all the prayers would have been gone.

This arc should end within the next 5 chapters though. I like how mashima promptly moves on with the plot.

deffkryz
October 13, 2009, 05:12 PM
Wow... Just... wow: Erza finally shows why she deserves to be a "S rank" mage. Analysing an enemy's weaknesses and pulling the right moves to finish her enemies off. I was shocked when Midnight created that illusion but... Well, okay, she wanted to make it exciting, I guess.

I just wonder whether or not Midnight gets up again like Cobra. :notrust

fuzaco
October 13, 2009, 05:31 PM
Good chapter, I'm glad that the Midnight fight didn't take too long. Erza was badass, as always, now I wonder what will happen with the staff thing.

Btw it was good to see the pretty characterdesigns after the first episode of the anime...

exacta
October 13, 2009, 06:32 PM
Midnight was disappointing IMO. He went down a little too easy. But there was no friendship BS, Erza was brilliant in this fight.

LoS
October 13, 2009, 09:09 PM
So everyone is happy about the no friendship BS, but are you perfectly fine with the cliche saying on the last page? Pretty damn corny

mjohner1
October 13, 2009, 09:47 PM
mr. negativity. all fantasy rpgs that i played that have the same ending so i'm fine with the ending of this chapter.

LoS
October 13, 2009, 10:28 PM
didn't say the chap sucked, just that the final blurb did in fact suck.

MechR
October 13, 2009, 10:47 PM
So everyone is happy about the no friendship BS, but are you perfectly fine with the cliche saying on the last page?
That is correct: Nobody cares.

hongoasdf
October 13, 2009, 11:15 PM
Meh, it was a great chapter. It takes more than just one corny sentence to ruin it.

Well, maybe if it was a sentence said by Gerard, even if it wasn't corny. Then again, he got impaled this chapter. Yay for Midnight silencing him. I would have given a limb in exchange for that not being an illusion (/exaggeration).

Who would've guessed Mashima had further plans for that eye of hers. I thought he was going to use it as a temporary resourse for Erza to get back into action during the Luxus arc and nothing else. Now we know she has that under her sleeve for upcoming fights against any enemy who uses "visual tricks".

pirateninjahunter
October 13, 2009, 11:34 PM
This chapter was great. The way Erza defeated Midnight was really cool. I like when she explains the enemy's weaknesses, and I also like the fact that it really makes sense. If we were to think about it, we could have predicted what her weaknesses were.

But I dont know why Erza is immune to visual illusions, does anybody know?

EDIT: Sorry! I just read the posts above and the reason why she is immune to visual illusions is that when fighting Midnight she closed her biological eye and fought using only the artificial eye. Now I remember when flashbacks of her past were shown long ago.

hongoasdf
October 13, 2009, 11:44 PM
This chapter was great. The way Erza defeated Midnight was really cool. I like when she explains the enemy's weaknesses, and I also like the fact that it really makes sense. If we were to think about it, we could have predicted what her weaknesses were.
But I dont know why Erza is immune to visual illusions, does anybody know?

Many of us did in fact accurately predict his weaknesses.

Oh, and about the eye... I'm not going to search for the precise chapters right now, but during Erza's flashback in the Tower of Paradise arc, it was shown she lost her right(?) eye due to some overlord's punishment. Later, when she was able to escape and reach land, Polyushko made an artifical eye for her, which should have been no different from a normal eye, but apparently she messed up the spell or something, so it wasn't uhhh... shall we say, "fully operational". So, all spells that affect the target through their sight have their effect halved (As seen with Evergreen's Stone Gaze) or even nullified (As seen this chapterI) agaisnt Erza.

Edit: You editted after I started writing this. Damn me and my timing.

roku-sky
October 13, 2009, 11:53 PM
I got to say, Erza has just reached an entirely new level of awesome. That was an amazing chapter!!

Unlucky Boy
October 14, 2009, 12:48 AM
Midnight's illusion form is cute, he should stay like that.

Oh and he said "I'm supposed to be the most powerful...even stronger than my father...Rokuma"

Who or what is Rokuma?
Is that Brain's real name?

bittman
October 14, 2009, 01:03 AM
Ok now that I've read the translated script, I'm still left with a question.

Midnight reflected the damage received from Hoteye back at him. However, last chapter when it was revealed he can do illusions I thought "oh maybe that's what he did to Hoteye then".

But usually stuff like that gets explained so that even a 10 year old can understand it so either:
A) Mashima really knocked out Midnight and he hopes Hoteye's defeat becomes but a figure of obscurity.
B) Midnight is about to reflect some damage.

I sort of hope Midnight is out for it, he did do the prayer thing and this arc has gone on for a long time and we do know there is a "he" out there somewhere. On the other hand, it would be nice to carry over the "he" and we didn't watch the line fade from Blaine's face straight away.

LoS
October 14, 2009, 02:45 AM
I would go with B.

Also this chapter makes Mist Gun's new title solidified more than ever, Mist Fail. First he gets embarrassed by Luxus, and now he would have no way of fooling Erza. Unless Erza somehow is still weak enough to not withstand his sleep magic.

Kravmaga
October 14, 2009, 04:00 AM
Ok now that I've read the translated script, I'm still left with a question.

Midnight reflected the damage received from Hoteye back at him. However, last chapter when it was revealed he can do illusions I thought "oh maybe that's what he did to Hoteye then".

But usually stuff like that gets explained so that even a 10 year old can understand it so either:
A) Mashima really knocked out Midnight and he hopes Hoteye's defeat becomes but a figure of obscurity.
B) Midnight is about to reflect some damage.

I sort of hope Midnight is out for it, he did do the prayer thing and this arc has gone on for a long time and we do know there is a "he" out there somewhere. On the other hand, it would be nice to carry over the "he" and we didn't watch the line fade from Blaine's face straight away.

Actually I read it like this: midnight puts his opponents in an illusion instantly, controlling their senses to misdirect their magic back at them. However, hoteye's self-described eye power that lets him see through things made it hard for him to cast his illusion on him at first which led to him getting kicked around for a bit but eventually succeeding when hoteye lowered his guard and thus midnight instantly crushing him.

So if I'm right, midnight is KO for good. But there are things that support your theory, such as blaine's prayer and midnight's wounds disappearing which I can't really fit into my explanation without breaking the timeline of hoteye's fight.

That aside, as much as I'd love to see a turn of event that would warrant erza teaming up or more action packed chapters, it's kinda getting in the way of resolving the plot climax of this arc. I got a feeling we might finally see the final boss pulling the strings. The next chapter's title hasn't been disclosed; methinks it foreshadows huge steps in plot development.

Krono
October 14, 2009, 07:57 AM
Midnight's illusion form is cute, he should stay like that.

Oh and he said "I'm supposed to be the most powerful...even stronger than my father...Rokuma"

Who or what is Rokuma?
Is that Brain's real name?

Mistranslation. Roku=six ma = demons. Check out cnet's translation for a better translation of that line.

Edit: Actually, here: "Midnight: Im... Impossible... // I am... the greatest... Greater even than my father... the greatest... of the Six... // The undefeatable... ultimate... mage...!"

The next chapter's title hasn't been disclosed; methinks it foreshadows huge steps in plot development.

The next title's chapter has been disclosed, it's "Zero". Seeing as we've basically been counting down every time one of the OS falls, it's probably a reference to that.

Evil3ye
October 14, 2009, 08:34 AM
That was such a nice chapter :love

Im glad Erza was able to defeat Midnight without Gerald's help (like I feared). Now that the Oración Seis is down we can finally move on to a more interesting plot. Or is there still the fight against the stick? ><

Anyways.. what I still want to see is Lucy getting Angel's golden keys. Or at least Aries and Gemini.

kkck
October 14, 2009, 09:11 AM
I would go with B.

Also this chapter makes Mist Gun's new title solidified more than ever, Mist Fail. First he gets embarrassed by Luxus, and now he would have no way of fooling Erza. Unless Erza somehow is still weak enough to not withstand his sleep magic.

Sleep magic is probably very different from illusion magic though. I guess there could also be a variation as to how the illusions work.....

Kravmaga
October 14, 2009, 01:53 PM
The next title's chapter has been disclosed, it's "Zero". Seeing as we've basically been counting down every time one of the OS falls, it's probably a reference to that.

D'OH!
I just checked cnet's translation and sure enough...
While this new bit of info does make obvious my black belt in dumb, it fails to move me from my previous position that we've arrived to the point where the fat lady of the arc is warming up for her part.

deffkryz
October 14, 2009, 03:12 PM
I would go with B.

I don't see why Mistgun should be mentionned within a discussion about this chapter. But just this:

Sleep magic is not spread visually as it seems (http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/24/07/), so Erza is not immune due to her artificial eye and is so strong even Makarov was affected (http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/24/06/), and Erza down.
Mistgun only fought with illusion magic against Luxus, was caught off guard and then retreated, once Erza saw his face. He never went all out so far and was far from being defeated, since he didn't use his sleep magic to knock Luxus out.

Lee-tyme7
October 14, 2009, 06:15 PM
With all this talk about Mistgun and Luxus that reminded me about a third strongest person in FT named Old Geezer, who is he? I think we haven't seen him yet and he suppose to be stronger than both of them.
Anyway Erza come through again. If she keep this up Natsu will never catch up. LOL!! But I dunno, when Midnight fought Hoteye he was losing and then suddenly he won without a scratch. I was confused cus it would seem to me that Midnight either use an illusion on Hoteye to think he was kicking Midnight's butt, but actually kicking his own. Or Midnight have the ability to send all that attack which was inflicted on him back to the attacker. If it's the latter then Erza's in big trouble.

hongoasdf
October 14, 2009, 07:11 PM
The character you mention is called Gildartz, and no, he hasn't been introduced yet.

LoS
October 14, 2009, 11:46 PM
I don't see why Mistgun should be mentionned within a discussion about this chapter. But just this:

Sleep magic is not spread visually as it seems (http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/24/07/), so Erza is not immune due to her artificial eye and is so strong even Makarov was affected (http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/24/06/), and Erza down.
Mistgun only fought with illusion magic against Luxus, was caught off guard and then retreated, once Erza saw his face. He never went all out so far and was far from being defeated, since he didn't use his sleep magic to knock Luxus out.

uhhhh tell me something I don't know. I clearly said in my post, unless she is somehow still weak/susceptible to his sleep magic, because clearly she isn't susceptible to his illusion magic.

Arkadi
October 16, 2009, 10:07 AM
This maybe a little old and offtopic but i just discovered something.. yeah i know maybe u all saw it but its about lucy's mom che died in the year 777... so she has to be an important charachter in the upcomming chapters :D http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/68/16/

heartangel
October 18, 2009, 02:29 AM
This maybe a little old and offtopic but i just discovered something.. yeah i know maybe u all saw it but its about lucy's mom che died in the year 777... so she has to be an important charachter in the upcomming chapters :D http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/68/16/

why does lucy mom hv to do with upcoming chapters anw?

i think the fight hasn't ended yet... there's the staff of brian... claiming he's the seventh.. http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/154/13/
or was he just a talk??

bittman
October 18, 2009, 05:21 PM
The staff seems to have the same shaman-ist visuals as the Cait Shelter master. Perhaps it is one of the Nirvii sealed away into staff form?

I'd still prefer it was a carry-over character, but as pointed out above the next chapter was titled Zero, meaning the countdown should be complete. Whether the staff is the "zero", or something else I don't know. I kind of hope it remains a staff, but someone else comes out to use it.

yonjuushichi
October 19, 2009, 03:12 AM

I know what you mean. This date might imply that her mother is not dead (assuming she just vanished the same way as dragons had done). On top of that it may turn out that her mother was a dragon herself (in human form).
Anyway, I don't think that Erza has reached new level of awesomeness. I mean she just figured out Midnight's magic, that's all to it. So she found countermeasures and took them in order to defeat the bastard.
The same happened between Natsu and Cobra, where the former used opponent's advantage to destroy him.

Solfy
October 19, 2009, 01:35 PM
The raw is out on http://www.raw-paradise.com/ .
scanlation http://ieatsoul.com/manga-releases/fairy-tail-156/

edit : Oops, sorry, looks like I messed up with the prefix.

Lol, Brain is about ten times more badass than Midnight could ever dream to be. Poor fool saying "I'm better thanj my father", yeah sure.

Anyway, since Wendy, Ichiya (somehow), Erza and Gerard are the only valid ones who are on Nirvana (what a pleasure it was to watch Natsu getting his ass kicked in less than 2 seconds !), I'm betting on Gerard defeating Brain. (Master/Apprentice stuff, anyone ? That seems so obvious).

ssj4jw
October 19, 2009, 05:02 PM
I just looked at the raws.

Yep released Brain is stronger. Some how that attack is going to miss that guild.

hongoasdf
October 19, 2009, 05:54 PM
... Can't say much without the translation.

The staff looking at Lucy's underwear was fun. Page 17 raised a doubt though... Apparently there were some screams (I'll assume the sound effects to be screams) but that panel is not the relevant one, it's the one next to it. We see a single panel with blood being spilled. Wonder whose was it, by whom, and why. No doubt things will become clearer with the trasnlation

Castriota
October 19, 2009, 07:51 PM
i stickied and change the prefix and thread name for you

time to check out the chapter! thanks a lot
edit: ah so the marks on brains face were a seal of some sort? anybody know what his name is whenever it introduces the new brain?

ghostexiled
October 19, 2009, 08:00 PM
I am thinking that the Guild master from Cat Shelter, will be the one to stop Blain.

LoS
October 19, 2009, 08:51 PM
I just hope that one of the good guys bites the dust for once, and not some nobody character like Erza's friend from the Tower/Etherion arc, see I can't even remember his name he obviously wasn't important.

It would be awesome if the Cait Shelter guild leader sacrifices himself to take out the new and improved Blaine.

ghostexiled
October 19, 2009, 09:54 PM
I can tell you guys right now... this manga will follow the "One Piece" way... nobody will die unless they are fodder. A manga based on friends and trust is not going to go dark with the killing off of so-called friends...

Krono
October 19, 2009, 11:15 PM
I can tell you guys right now... this manga will follow the "One Piece" way... nobody will die unless they are fodder. A manga based on friends and trust is not going to go dark with the killing off of so-called friends...

Depends on how you define fodder. Is Mashima going to kill off any of the main characters? No. Secondary characters, or minor characters? Maybe. For example I could see him killing off Makarov. He killed of Erza's friend Simon (who played pretty much the same role in the ToP arc as Hoteye's played in this part).

The of course there's villains. Mashima favors leaving villains laying on the ground beaten and unconscious, then not bringing them back. For example the three assassin's guild members from the ToP arc last seen separated and unconscious in the tower that disintegrated not too long after. However in Rave he did explicitly kill off a few enemies, including a couple that would have been prime material for "becomes a good guy" characters.

So in other words, unless you define fodder as "anyone other than the main characters" Fairy Tail isn't too likely to go the One Piece route.

hongoasdf
October 20, 2009, 01:01 AM
Scanlation's out in the I Eat Soul Web Page.

Oh... the Guild Master of Oración Seis was not Brain, after all. Rather, not him "entirely". So this is what a Balam Alliance Guild Master is like, huh? Pretty impressive.

Ichiya will take an important role in this fight. Zero didn't stop rambling on how he wanted to destroy everything which had a physical form. Odours don't have one. Also, consider the name of the next chapter... it's about damn time someone from Blue Pegasus besides Hibiki did something other than dying off-scene.

I have a doubt, though. Is Zero actually going to fire something with destructive capabilities, or is he going to direct the "Nirvana" effect? As in, to change the alignment of the guild.

Anyways, quite a decent chapter.

kkck
October 20, 2009, 01:21 AM
Ok, first things first lol.

Haven't we seen that staff somewhere before? IDK why but it seems kinda familiar....

I still think the lines on blaines face represented more than just the oracion 6. I am inclined to believe the oracion 6 were also some sort of seal. Wonder what this guy's prayer will be lol(to be made into a real boy perhaps?)....

I have been wondering about that person brain mentioned and came up with a theory. Each time an oracion 6 is defeated in battle, a line in in brain's face disappears. In theory, once all the prayers disappear the lines from brain's face will disappear. What if the lines on brains face represent some form of seal and the person brain mentioned will appear only once all the O6 are defeated? It would be an interesting twist, each oracion 6 represents a step a step closer and a step away from victory lol.

As for midnights power, it is weird. On one hand it seems as it if has to do with midnight in dreams. Dunno how what we have seen applies to this though. It could also be a nightmare sort of power(that is a dream though). Seeing how hoteye was defeated though I would think midnights power allows him to return any damage he receives lol(that would explain what happened to hoteye and why midnight had no damage whatsoever on him). If that is the case, then maybe wendy will be the one to defeat him. While receiving damage allows him to return the damage and get healed, being healed would allow him to return the heal and get hurt. Kind of absurd in so many ways but it is still within the scope of things I would expect from mashima lol.

Completely called each oracion 6 being a seal lol. Glad to see a prediction come true every once in a while lol.

Interesting chapter, but not the best we have had. My biggest complain is that zero is a completely empty character. His only drive is a high he gets from destruction itself...

I also wonder what was the purpose of brain's staff. The guy was the 7th member of the oracion 6 and there was all the drama about him. Then it turns out he was not the guy everyone was worried about and he is killed of in a second. The guy was the definition of an useless purposeless character lol.

hash899
October 20, 2009, 01:52 AM
here is the scanlation link if u want it: http://ieatsoul.com/manga-releases/fairy-tail-156/

and if u can, can u also update it on to the first post thank you ^_^

Kravmaga
October 20, 2009, 02:59 AM
Ok, first things first lol.

Completely called each oracion 6 being a seal lol. Glad to see a prediction come true every once in a while lol.

Interesting chapter, but not the best we have had. My biggest complain is that zero is a completely empty character. His only drive is a high he gets from destruction itself...

I also wonder what was the purpose of brain's staff. The guy was the 7th member of the oracion 6 and there was all the drama about him. Then it turns out he was not the guy everyone was worried about and he is killed of in a second. The guy was the definition of an useless purposeless character lol.

Heh I'm with you there... that staff was probably mashima remembering that he needed someone to explain the whole second personality seal deal but realized that he ran out of bad guys to do that so... hey why not? a talking staff! Could happen...

And although half the continent saw the whole seal breaking with the members falling and something coming out coming weeks ago, nobody I know of predicted what it would actually release: brain's dark side. Last chapter, I thought the staff would turn human; then someone suggested it'd turn into a giant monster a la lullaby flute arc. So my final answer was actually that it'd combine all the os6 powers into a single arc boss that happens to look like a zeref giant. But turns out blaine's design's getting recycled.

Ah well, he seems strong, competent and not at all into long winded speeches, so that's good to me. Maybe that's hollow, simple or whatever but he'll make for some great fight scenes.

bittman
October 20, 2009, 03:38 AM
Oh thank god. It's been too long since I've seen a villain who is bad just for the sake of being a bad guy. Usually some emo comes up, Luxus, Gerard, etc have all been emos so the last arc's villain I really enjoyed was Phantom Guild v Fairy Tail arc.

BUT NOW we've got a real bad guy on our hands. He's not about to pull punches, I miss guys like this in modern shonen manga.

Also really happy it's Brain that had a seal on himself rather than forcing one on Midnight like a few people predicted. Still want to know what the staff was though...

EDIT: And I just had a thought: is Midnight really 100% out to it? If you go back only a couple of chapters, he says Nirvana won't stop as long as he exists. Wonder how that'll play out?

Unlucky Boy
October 20, 2009, 07:19 AM
Isnt it weird that Blaine had put the seal on himself? When he's not sealed Zero is in control...

And the OS keep on growing, they started as 6, then 7 with the staff and now 8 (and they also wanted to recruit Natsu and Gerard).

I believe the Cait Shelters will help seal him away once again, sealing should be their speciality.

Evil3ye
October 20, 2009, 07:42 AM
Finally Brain become badass in the form of Zero. I actually have to say he's the most badass villain so far. And yet I was hoping this Oracion Arc is finally over last week :(
Apparently not. Seems like Hiro saved Gerald for Zero then..

Razh
October 20, 2009, 08:16 AM
Wow, Fairy Tail really blows lately. It just isn't fun and exciting. Even the fights are sorta boring. Compared to the beginning.
What happens when they beat Zero? His belt pops out and turns into a demon even more powerful than him?

mjohner1
October 20, 2009, 08:49 AM
so does bleach. how long has the hm arc been going on for? over a year? so bleach is a lot more boring.

Ero-Sanji
October 20, 2009, 08:53 AM
Damn!

Zero is my hero!!!

Mashima has done it again finally Natsu gets fiercely beaten and the villain wasn't even trying know I just hope for him to become a menace of the world which Natsu or erza will defeat laaater on in the manga...

Chaos Shadow
October 20, 2009, 10:03 AM
i think it was a great chapterr! i liked it.. i always tought that blaine´s marks were something weird but i never tought that they would hide something like OS Guild Master Zero.... haha also he 1 Hit KOed gray and natsuu like nothing... how can they beat him?!?! well.. thats what maing me crazy has anyone read the name of the next chapter? "from pegasus to fairy" whats that?? some gift some power up????
i cant wait till next chapterrrr!!!

brigid001
October 20, 2009, 11:23 AM
so does bleach. how long has the hm arc been going on for? over a year? so bleach is a lot more boring.

lol i totally agree with you on bleach sucking lately but in fairness this is a fairy tail thread so let's try to avoid arguments if possible lol

Razh
October 20, 2009, 06:36 PM

I'm guessing you looked at my avatar and concluded that I'm a big Bleach fan. It's not really true. My favourite manga is One Piece. I just like Shiro that's all. I think Bleach sucks now, with all the crap that's been going on and all the short chapters.
What does this have to do with Fairy Tail? It has nothing at all to do with it. You shouldn't just assume things. Especially when it leads to posting nonsense. -_-;

I love Fairy Tail. But this Oracion Seis arc just sucks. It doesn't suck compared to other mangas, it just sucks to me. It's not about how long it is. It lacks suspense, there are too many elements, Nirvana as a super weapon is not really imaginative, Oracion members fell too easily. First all of them lose, but Midnight is the strongest. Then Erza beats him (or her, I don't know which is it) like he's nothing. Give me a break. Then Blaine suddenly turns out to have an alter ego, almost like his hollow took over. Oh, the irony.:p

All in all, I can't wait for this arc to finish so it can get interesting again. I hope.

LoS
October 20, 2009, 10:09 PM
one piece is an eh manga anyway. do a pirate manga right as in pillage other ships, kill the crew, take all money. go to port and have it with the ladies. plus i don't his art.

There is already a Seinen out there like that, plus its a given that OP is the best Shounen out right now, there are times when it dips and other Shounens will stake their claim at the title, but then OP always finishes on top and reigns supreme.

Fairy Tail has a longgggggg way to go before it can come close to OP level, being consistently good over that many arcs is an incredibly hard feat, one Fairy Tail is seemingly failing right now.

Shiro-kun
October 20, 2009, 10:09 PM
Stop the nonsensical fighting jeez..:facepalm

Im surprised by Blaine , i kinda lost hope in the manga (the whole Oracion seis arc in general) lately since the good guys were being totally one sided :( but this is a path of redemption (Blaine could of been ultra powerful beforewards ....and Midnight should pwned ...but all well ..) that a bad guy is going to kill..

Forever_Melody
October 20, 2009, 10:13 PM
So what exactly is Zero/Blaine's magic? :o It looks like Jose's "Shade" magic and Gerard seemed to use something similar when he first fought Erza.

The arc so far is proving to be ok I find. It's not the best arc in the series IMO, but it's not so bad either. One thing I don't really appreciate is the depiction of Nirvana in the manga. It's been hyped as some great power yet the "replace light by darkness" factor hasn't really been delved into yet. I mean, ok so a few people switched sides, but I doubt Nirvana can only affect people who are emotionally unstable. And a big cannon? This just reminds me of that walking castle Phantom Lord used >.<

Tsukisama
October 20, 2009, 10:22 PM
There is no need to bash other manga in your posts; so, please don't. Thank you. :)

Anyway, I have been following this section, but I have yet to read to start reading this series because it has reached this level; however, I keep reading talk of magic and such, which seems rather interesting. So, would you say that the plot up to this point has progressed to the point where it has reached the climax, or is the story still developing (rising action)? If it is still early enough, I might start reading the series. :tem

Forever_Melody
October 20, 2009, 10:27 PM
Anyway, I have been following this section, but I have yet to read to start reading this series because it has reached this level; however, I keep reading talk of magic and such, which seems rather interesting. So, would you say that the plot up to this point has progressed to the point where it has reached the climax, or is the story still developing (rising action)? If it is still early enough, I might start reading the series. :tem
Okies I'll try and explain it to you without spoiling too much :tem

Well there wasn't exactly a linear storyline to begin with as it was initially mostly arcs dealing with the various missions and happenings of the protagonists and their Guild. However, as the series progressed, a more global and deep plot has been established. This global plot hasn't however been directly addressed, but bits and pieces of each arc relate to this larger plot. So far, the series(in relation to the overall global plot) hasn't yet reached its climax(many events are still foreshadowed to happen), but we're slowly getting there with more and more clues and relations with each passing arc :D.

Hope that makes sense, I admit it's a bit vague but I didn't want to give plot elements away >.<

Razh
October 21, 2009, 02:26 AM
go back to your long fights then. like them short and not drawn out like typical shounens. apparently you don't read. most of those fights they found there weaknesses. Racer magic weakness was range. anything outside his aoe or area on effect magic moved at normal speed. Angel's weakness was not respecting her spirits. cobra weakness was his inner thought hearing to which he heard natsu's inner dragon. Midnight's weaknesses where clearly explained and erza used them against him. brains weakness was his overconfidence. if your tiny brain paid attention to the how zero states how i want to destroy physical forms gee gas isn't a solid form. it's a smart manga with hilarious comedy. if you can't comprehend why they got beaten to quick go back and reread.

one piece is an eh manga anyway. do a pirate manga right as in pillage other ships, kill the crew, take all money. go to port and have it with the ladies. plus i don't his art.

You know, it's OK to disagree with me without offending me. I gave my opinion, so unless you're Hiro Mashima, you have no right to be that hurt by my post.
Fairy Tail is still one of my favorite mangas and I won't allow some random guy without any manners to insult me. So I reported your ass. With the way you discuss, good luck in staying unbanned.

I did mean that I can't wait for this arc to end finally. There are lot of interesting plots around the corner.
I wonder though, who did Zero manage to beat. Was it all of them on Nirvana? If he did, I have a feeling that reinforcements are arriving.
Someone was bound to notice a big ass city taking a stroll through the land.

LoS
October 21, 2009, 03:12 AM
Hope that makes sense, I admit it's a bit vague but I didn't want to give plot elements away >.<

Well considering we don't know who exactly is the token bad guy of this story yet....

Kravmaga
October 21, 2009, 03:54 AM
Well considering we don't know who exactly is the token bad guy of this story yet....

Zeref is a good candidate and we also have that hades guy and luxus' dad... I still got my money on zeref though since he seems to have something to do with the dragons.

deffkryz
October 21, 2009, 04:36 AM
I've been wondering about some statements in this thread, but I'm picking out just two of them and hide them into spoiler tags.

Sorry for the off-topic - but: So 1.25 million readers (=sold tankobon each from 2007 on in the first two weeks) are more wrong than you who apparently has never read a single chapter? Oda's arts aren't that different from Mashima's, and their stories have much in common - there are as many differences as well but many people thought of Mashima being a former assistant of Oda.

So if you're reading OP you'll most likely like to read RAVE and Fairy Tail as well - but I don't know whether or not it works the same if you like Mashima's works and then start to read OP.

Wow, Fairy Tail really blows lately. It just isn't fun and exciting. Even the fights are sorta boring. Compared to the beginning.

Though I agree to that to some extend after seeing Lion return from his apparent death.

What happens when they beat Zero? His belt pops out and turns into a demon even more powerful than him?

That part is ridiculous. Basically I somehow feel the same as - to get back off-topic - reading One Piece right at the moment: The story is set to "fast" and less detailed than I would have expected, so that there are many holes left for fillers in the TV shows - which IMO turned out to be a worst case scenario each time.

Now back to topic:

Well, Fairy Tail is running for quite some time now - for about three years - and within those 156 chapters there were several minor arcs leading through the "bigger story in the background". There was a climax that shook the World of Fairy Tail (it was reached in the "Tower of Paradise" arc right before Chapter 100) - and right now I believe another one is being built, and that's why it's "boring" to some people.

To finally get to this current chapter: This should be the current climax of the arc IMO. I don't think that Zero/Brain is that of a danger to the world as it was Gérard back at the Tower of Paradise arc. He lacks of something which I can't determine atm.

Let's see if Natsu (or Wendy?) absorbs the Nirvana shot and uses the energy to fight Zero as "full-powered" DS. :blink ;)

Forever_Melody
October 21, 2009, 09:14 AM

Well we have had 2 majors story elements which have slowly become mroe defined and built up with each passing arc of the story:

1- Zeref's revival
We first hear about Zeref in the arc where his flute appears. Later on, Deliorra is mentioned at being a creation of Zeref. hen of course comes the arc with Gerard where he literally tries to resurrect Zeref. Afterwards, we flashforward to Urtear and her Dark Guild trying to awaken Zeref.

All these pieces point to Zeref's awakening being a larger part of the story.

2- The Dragons
While not as emphasized as Zeref, the dragons and their disappearance is something that has been emphasized a few times in different arcs. Also, Natsu's relation to his "inner" dragon is also something which is played upon quite a bit. Every time an "old style" Dragon Slayer was introduced, mention of it was made and the coinciding dates is still a mystery. Add to that the climactic moment where we see Igneel alive and well and we've got ourselves a pretty big mystery.

Whether these 2 events are connected hasn't been confirmed, but those are 2 bigger events which are set to be played out in the manga's remaining lifetime.

To finally get to this current chapter: This should be the current climax of the arc IMO. I don't think that Zero/Brain is that of a danger to the world as it was Gérard back at the Tower of Paradise arc. He lacks of something which I can't determine atm.

I think Zero lacks is menace. While he is menacing in the sense that he's dangerous, he's so far been only shown to be a mindless destroyer, which Gerard wasn't. Gerard was a cold and calculative villain, someone more difficulty predictable and hard to deal with. In Zero's case, it's not exactly too hard to see what he'll do and where he'll go IMO.

Chaos Shadow
October 21, 2009, 10:02 AM
well yeah as someone said before i found this arc a little borring (its true that i cant wait till its end to see the VSraven tail arc with luxus and probably with the lovely jubia again :amuse ) but after re reading it i realized that it is pretty awesomee...
if u think about it all the OS members were more powerfull than the alliance ( maeby with exeption of jura ichiya(?) and Erza) , In RacerVSGray+Leon if it wasnt for Leon´s idea they wouldnt ever won against him or Lucy against angel, lucy was fading and she had no magic left and thanks to hibiki´s super spell the were able to beat her, Natsu+Happy :amuse vs cobra+cerberus was pretty good too ( first of all i loved the theme of a tag battle in the sky with nirvana above them) then Cobra´s hearing plus his dragon slaying was more than what natsu could handle ( remember that he was already poisoned and he couldnt land an attack on cobra) if he won was cuz the scream i rated found it pretty funny but it was really good cuz he converted Cobra´s great abilitie on his Big weakness no a natsu trowing a super fire punc/kick/breath and winning without a scratch :D

LoS
October 21, 2009, 11:49 AM
Zeref is completely out of the picture as of now, the man isn't even tangible.

The villians are the proxies/minions working to bring him back, that or defeat the Dragons who I believe seal Zeref away.

Kravmaga
October 21, 2009, 01:30 PM
I've been wondering about some statements in this thread, but I'm picking out just two of them and hide them into spoiler tags.

Sorry for the off-topic - but: So 1.25 million readers (=sold tankobon each from 2007 on in the first two weeks) are more wrong than you who apparently has never read a single chapter? Oda's arts aren't that different from Mashima's, and their stories have much in common - there are as many differences as well but many people thought of Mashima being a former assistant of Oda.

So if you're reading OP you'll most likely like to read RAVE and Fairy Tail as well - but I don't know whether or not it works the same if you like Mashima's works and then start to read OP.

You know, it's slightly ironic that putting it in /spoiler tags piqued my curiosity even more than if it were left out =P
In any case, this might be a bit OT as well but I've always wanted to know: what's mashima's relation to oda? I've heard too many versions of this to count; some say he studied under him, some say he was his assistant, some say that the above is a load of it and he's just coincidentally using the same style...

Zeref is completely out of the picture as of now, the man isn't even tangible.

The villians are the proxies/minions working to bring him back, that or defeat the Dragons who I believe seal Zeref away.

I can't remember where it was for the life of me but I remember vividly a page where urtear says that zeref was never dead to begin with, rather just taking a nap inside a giant chasm. That line pretty much guarantees we'll see him awakened some day.
Maybe a shounen phd can point out the page for me >.>

Unlucky Boy
October 21, 2009, 02:59 PM
I can't remember where it was for the life of me but I remember vividly a page where urtear says that zeref was never dead to begin with, rather just taking a nap inside a giant chasm. That line pretty much guarantees we'll see him awakened some day.
Maybe a shounen phd can point out the page for me >.>

http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/102/20/ :tem

LoS
October 21, 2009, 11:07 PM
As strong as Zeref has been built up to be it is my belief that yes he isn't dead but rather some other powerful entities exhausted all of their power in sealing him away.

Forever_Melody
October 21, 2009, 11:45 PM
Well he's still there right? That was the point we were making. Unless you're arguing that he'll never be released(in which case you're arguing that Urtear and her guild will fail at awakening him), our point still stands.

Besides, Fairy Tail didn't really start out with a "main bad guy". The series mostly just went on and took whatever bad guy each arc thew at us. not every series needs a main villain.

We chose Zeref simply because so far, he's the one villain which could impact the world s much judging from all the characters hype him up to be.

kkck
October 22, 2009, 12:21 AM
As strong as Zeref has been built up to be it is my belief that yes he isn't dead but rather some other powerful entities exhausted all of their power in sealing him away.

Urtear already stated zeref is not dead. Basically it is not your believe, it's pretty much a manga fact lol.
http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/102/20/

I think zeref will be the main final villain simply because he has been a main driving force for the manga since the very begining. Almost every arc has been at the very least indirectly related to zeref. Given the path the manga has taken, it would be mostly absurd if zeref never actually makes an appearance IMHO.

hongoasdf
October 22, 2009, 12:26 AM
Considering how little we know at the moment of the direction this manga will take, I wouldn't be completely certain Zeref is going to be the main villain. For all we know, Master Hades could be planning to "unseal" him in order to take over his powers (By whatever means). That would turn Master Hades into the main villain. I've even read speculations in which Urtear is actually using Master Hades, in which case she would be the main villain (Highly unlikely, in my opinion, since her character is too specific already, being Urtear's daughter, who in turn wasn't an important character for the main plot. A main villain is bound to be someone more... generic. At least most of the time in shounen).

My point? No use theorizing about the ending of this manga when it's still so young and there's still too many questions left.

LoS
October 22, 2009, 02:56 AM
Urtear already stated zeref is not dead. Basically it is not your believe, it's pretty much a manga fact lol.
http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/102/20/

I think zeref will be the main final villain simply because he has been a main driving force for the manga since the very begining. Almost every arc has been at the very least indirectly related to zeref. Given the path the manga has taken, it would be mostly absurd if zeref never actually makes an appearance IMHO.

no shit huh, gee I think I just decided to skip that one single page /sarcasm. Why do you think I said my belief(something that isn't fact), and the yes he isn't dead part(factual part). I am reading the same manga that you are.

Still saying that the main villian isn't tangible, due to being sealed away, who knows he could be in a separate dimension or some type shit.

Forever_Melody
October 22, 2009, 11:05 AM
Well idk where our argument stems then. We're all still unsure who/what the main villain is, we're just putting it up that Zeref is a candidate for such.

Unlucky Boy
October 22, 2009, 12:14 PM
Zeref would be either the main bad guy or the equivalent of Endless from Rave.

Lee-tyme7
October 23, 2009, 05:04 PM
Hey wasn't that giant monster we saw in the anime op was Zeref? or was that Deliorra? Anyway don't it seem like cait shelter is a pretty weak guild cus they send one girl to help the alliances. Wendy have powerful healing magic but her abilities are assist magic not for battling. You'd think they're either short handed on powerful mage, or have too much confidence in the alliance.
It looks like Midnight really was defeated by Erza. Wow, what a babe. Zero looks like he one bad@$$ dude. I wanna know what the history bewteen cait shelter and nirvana. Who do you think will defeat Zero? Natsu, Erza, or someone new?

mjohner1
October 23, 2009, 09:25 PM
perfume guy will do something to weaken him since gas is not a solid form that can be destroyed with zeros magic.

MechR
October 24, 2009, 12:47 AM
Hey wasn't that giant monster we saw in the anime op was Zeref? or was that Deliorra?
Neither. Random monster.

LoS
October 24, 2009, 12:55 AM
perfume guy will do something to weaken him since gas is not a solid form that can be destroyed with zeros magic.

Ichiya better do something, he has been so much fail for a reputable mage per Erza.

Big Al
October 26, 2009, 01:03 PM
157 is out

Get it from Raw-paradise (http://www.raw-paradise.com/) or download it here (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RRP0QALH)

LoS
October 26, 2009, 03:25 PM
Must say I didn't see that one coming and would commend him for that twist. Pretty nice twist having them show up; although it was still another cop out.

But the last page is pretty inspiring

Ero-Sanji
October 26, 2009, 04:14 PM
I agree with LoS

The last page was Amazing!!

hongoasdf
October 26, 2009, 05:05 PM
Yes, the last page was amazing... but I had the feeling they were being affected by Nirvana... now that would be an interesting twist.

Urtear
October 26, 2009, 05:12 PM
what happens? it doesnt work when i download it
every time i download something from Mega Upload
it says "this file is not supported blah blah blah"

is there an online place to see it?
or can someone just summarize what happened, that would be GREATLY appreciated :D

UTM
October 26, 2009, 06:24 PM
thanks for the Raw
it look like an interesting chapter .. waiting for the translator

and the last page was really amazing ^^

hongoasdf
October 27, 2009, 12:01 AM
cnet's trasnlation is out http://mangahelpers.com/t/cnet128/releases/17127

Guess they weren't being affected by Nirvana...

Apparently they have to destroy each of the leg crystals at once, and Brain is hiding by one of them. Because of the epic ending, there are a total of 7 mages, out of which 6 can succesfully destroy the crystals. My guess is whoever goes with Wendy will run into Zero... otherwise, whoever fights him in their current state is prettty much doomed.

Hibiki doesn't cease to amaze me. He has been by far the most useful character during this arc.

Still... if Brain used the same kind of magic, Archive... woudln't he had been able to upload useful information to the rest of Oración Seis? That would have saved them a lot of trouble.

Anyways, quite a chapter with quite some development.

arashi1
October 27, 2009, 12:31 AM
http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/2717/ft157.jpg

Here is the scanlation folks!!!

Megaupload: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=AAK7RWQV
Sendspace: http://www.sendspace.com/file/ojcqyv
Mediafire: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?qmyqydhm00m

Read Online: http://read.homeunix.com/onlinereading/Fairy_Tail/Fairy_Tail_c157_nas.html

Unlucky Boy
October 27, 2009, 01:04 AM
Wow that was the best chapter of this arc so far!

I had a feeling the "Pegasus for Fairies" was about the show of the Christina but I hadnt imagined that all those guys would be on it.

Hibiki is truly amazing, I think he's the Pegasus equivalent to Fried.
Cherie actually made me like her once again.

So I guess Gerard is going to face Zero, the next chapter "the door to the memory" is got to be about him. I wonder if Wendy will go with him. That would be a nice battle.

Anyway, they are right near a guild full of mages, cant they help? Cait Shelter is so lame...

kazille
October 27, 2009, 01:05 AM
translation and raw are already out. what's taking it so long..... :facepalm

i wanna read it already. argh! :p

whoops! my mistake. thanks for the link. :)

LoS
October 27, 2009, 01:21 AM
Ichiya is sooooo full of fail it isn't even funny anymore, I am waiting for his shining moment because everyone gets their 5 mins of fame.

oh yeah, and what can we expect from a bonus chapter, just filler and ramblings?

Pavitre
October 27, 2009, 02:25 AM
Is it just me or did the last page of all of them trying to stand up together was uberly cool. That pic is now one of my fav manga pic's ever

Kravmaga
October 27, 2009, 02:42 AM
Ichiya is sooooo full of fail it isn't even funny anymore, I am waiting for his shining moment because everyone gets their 5 mins of fame.

oh yeah, and what can we expect from a bonus chapter, just filler and ramblings?

I got a hunch Ichiya might very well be the one who downs zero as compensation for being stuck as comedy relief the entire arc. He said his magic isn't complete unless there's a chick around to witness of it; maybe he'll come to the rescue of either erza, lucy or wendy+gerard?
Who knows... As for the bonus, I wouldn't so quick to toss it as trash. The first FT bonus was pretty lame but the second one was amazingly good.

There were things that bothered me a bit, like why shoot nirvana's leg when you can shoot the canon/pilot or why zero was waiting at a single crystal sacrificing the others instead of going to hunt the allies one by one and I'm not too sure why cait shelter was bunching up waiting for their doom instead of jumping into action with a full guild worth of power...
That aside, the chapter was great. I didn't expect much of it after the last one pretty much thinking that it'd be mostly just the setup for the end fight. Turns out, it was just that but it was still good =)

LoS
October 27, 2009, 04:14 AM
There were things that bothered me a bit, like why shoot nirvana's leg when you can shoot the canon/pilot or why zero was waiting at a single crystal sacrificing the others instead of going to hunt the allies one by one and I'm not too sure why cait shelter was bunching up waiting for their doom instead of jumping into action with a full guild worth of power...

Well.... no one ever said Shounen's were supposed to make sense :p

ophidial
October 27, 2009, 04:34 AM
I got a hunch Ichiya might very well be the one who downs zero as compensation for being stuck as comedy relief the entire arc. He said his magic isn't complete unless there's a chick around to witness of it; maybe he'll come to the rescue of either erza, lucy or wendy+gerard?
Who knows... As for the bonus, I wouldn't so quick to toss it as trash. The first FT bonus was pretty lame but the second one was amazingly good.

That aside, the chapter was great. I didn't expect much of it after the last one pretty much thinking that it'd be mostly just the setup for the end fight. Turns out, it was just that but it was still good =)

Some of it makes sense to me, firstly, they fired at the legs because a) hibiki knew that the rest of them were up on the main body of nirvana, they also knew that the legs are required to absorb more energy.
Zero was was willing to sacrifice one crystal because as hibiki said they must all be destroyed at the same time otherwise they repair each other.
Can't explain why the heck cait shelter would just stand and do shit though, seems like they did something wrong in the past but to me that wouldn't justify what they're doing.

Evil3ye
October 27, 2009, 05:40 AM
I liked this chapter. It was quite decent. Also Im glad that the freaky boygroup was a little useful after all.. they managed to save Cait Shelter right? :p lol
And I kinda like the new plot with the 6 legs and the chance of 1/6 to meet Zero. My money is either on Natsu or Gerald.

kaizoku king
October 27, 2009, 06:13 AM
this is was a good chapter especially the ending maybe the perfume mage will do something kinda important this time

Evil3ye
October 27, 2009, 06:21 AM
Haha the Perfume Mage was the most useless mage from the alliance xD .. he even lost against some fodder :d .. this is his chance to shine!

And yeah, I also liked the last page.

Ustegius
October 27, 2009, 07:34 AM
Damn the last moments of the chapter were epic.

Hibiki and his 'Archive' magic is very impressive. The most perfect support type there is, maybe expect healing.

I also think it is Ichya's time to surprise. Jura was dealt with right away, but he came back and owned. I suspect the same for Ichya. I'm curious about his macig, I wonder how it works.

Solfy
October 27, 2009, 08:19 AM
As someone said, with the next chapter's name being "The Door to Memory", it's obvious that Gerard is gonna play a major role at least, and he'll most likely be the one to defeat Zero. But Ichiya seems to have a card to play as well. He can't stay a joke forever y'know.

Too bad Natsu and the gang are still able to fight... If Natsu defeats Zero, I'll kill Mashima for sure.

pongy
October 27, 2009, 10:37 AM
Wow, nice chapter.. except for one thing.. After all that Zero's "You aren't dead yet, are you *continue beating the hell out of them*" and now we end up with seeing them alive, still. ...But of course they are still alive. But this is just too... err.. funny? -_-"

Hibiki's a kickass character.

Unlucky Boy
October 27, 2009, 01:28 PM
Umm... Did anyone else notice Nirvana had lost 2 legs suddenly? It used to have 8 legs...
http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/148/02/

Evil3ye
October 27, 2009, 01:37 PM
Wow, nice chapter.. except for one thing.. After all that Zero's "You aren't dead yet, are you *continue beating the hell out of them*" and now we end up with seeing them alive, still. ...But of course they are still alive. But this is just too... err.. funny? -_-"

Hibiki's a kickass character.
true. that speech of last chapter was really strange. He wanted not only kill them but also triturate their body.. but now they ended up being in one piece and he's on a different location :oh

Umm... Did anyone else notice Nirvana had lost 2 legs suddenly? It used to have 8 legs...
http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/148/02/
Nice find! It looks like Hiro fixed it to have enough mages to cover all legs.. which apparently were 6 only :eyeroll

3c
October 27, 2009, 02:09 PM
The last page was awesome! Amazing chapter as always.

Hibiki just rocks, I so hope he doesn't get put back on the bookshelf after this arc, he's just awesome. The man has seriously provided some great back-up in this arc. His magic intrigues me.

My money is on Natsu to fight Zero, along with Wendy who will probably go heal them. I just don't see anyone else winning against him so it gotta be him.

Aikyet
October 27, 2009, 03:07 PM
Magical Internet. Do want. So do want.

This chapter was quite a successful one in comparison to the whole arc. A fabulous display of secondary characters, Hibiki and his magical internet thing, a setup for the ending of the arc - and the protagonists resurrected. I find Mashima's art simple and dull, but the last page has sent shivers down my spine. Really, wow.

So what was I saying? Ah yes, magical internet. Do want.

MechR
October 27, 2009, 04:15 PM
http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/148/02/Damn, so it wasn't just my imagination :( And here I thought Mashima had planned it out better, what with the supporting cast having just the right set of powers to get the Christina flying again.

Edit: Looks like it was eight up through 153 (http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/153/18/), and first appeared as six in 155 (http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/155/14/), a couple weeks ago. Well, this is depressing.

mjohner1
October 27, 2009, 04:52 PM
how is it depressing? artists make mistakes all the time in other mangas. it's not a new thing. good chapter especially the at the end.

Rainier
October 27, 2009, 07:22 PM
The last page was

Fricking.Awesome.

@mjohner1: It's depressing because good writers actually know how their stories are going to end, even before they write it.
It can mean 2 things:
1) He doesn't know what he's doing, and is going to guess it thru the process. (Not very good writers do that, it really is depressing if this is what's happening).
2) He did know, but his editor wanted him to change some stuff.

kkck
October 27, 2009, 07:26 PM
Maybe one of the legs turned into the cannon? IDK, maybe mashima could only get 6 mages for the task and prolonging it by having a mage destroy more than 1 orb would be too much lol. Maybe there actually is a reason for this though. At least until the arc is over we should give mashima the benefit of the doubt.

I still don't see how zero is going to be the only obstacle here. It would be far to easy for the main characters to destroy 5 out of 6 lachrima without resistance. I bet they are going to find some form of defense when they get to each lachrima lol. Given that, how is lucy going to destroy her lachrima? She is out of magic and out of the spirits she has only aquarius, leo, taurus and virgo seem to have the capacity to pull that of. Dunno how she is going to summon them. I would not be surprise if lucy gets a new key pretty soon though. Angels defeat could have done something to her contracts. The cannon scorpio had seems perfect for this job. Of course, most of this is just wishful thinking(I would love to see aquarius losing her boyfriend to lucy loool).

pirateninjahunter
October 27, 2009, 08:09 PM
Is there enyone in the group capable of defeating Zero?
He seems just as strong as a normal guild master. Like Jose...

Who is going to fight him? Gerard said that Erza would be the only one capable of doing that.

MechR
October 27, 2009, 08:44 PM
how is it depressing? artists make mistakes all the time in other mangas. it's not a new thing. good chapter especially the at the end.This isn't just an art flub; The exact number of legs became a plot point this chapter, but it was eight legs up until 2-3 chapters ago. (Lucy even told Natsu to think of it as an octopus when it first appeared.)

That means Mashima didn't have the arc planned out, and is making it up as he goes. Also, instead of accepting the fact that he drew it with eight legs for 5-6 chapters and working within those constraints, he decided to pretend it was six legs all along. It's bad writing, and blatantly so.

It's particularly disappointing because the way everyone's powers got the Christina flying again almost looked like the result of good planning.

I still don't see how zero is going to be the only obstacle here. It would be far to easy for the main characters to destroy 5 out of 6 lachrima without resistance.Like Hibiki said, as long as even one lachryma remains intact, it'll repair the damage to the others.

Who is going to fight him? Gerard said that Erza would be the only one capable of doing that.A fully-healed Gerard could do it, assuming he still remembers all his magic.

kkck
October 27, 2009, 10:08 PM
Is there enyone in the group capable of defeating Zero?
He seems just as strong as a normal guild master. Like Jose...

Who is going to fight him? Gerard said that Erza would be the only one capable of doing that.

Wnedy said she had "supportive" magic. If she has that on top of healing magic, she might be key in defeating zero.
[hr]

Like Hibiki said, as long as even one lachryma remains intact, it'll repair the damage to the others.
Yeah but that won't change the fact that the only obstacle here will be zero. Other than that, the lachrima are huge defeseless targets. Given that this manga is shonen to the most extreme levels, I would think each lachrima will have some sort of protection on it so basically every mage trying to attack them will have trouble(and not only the one getting to zero lol).

mjohner1
October 27, 2009, 10:37 PM
based on this chapter 6 legs need to gather the energy but it needs to be shot like a gun. the other two legs could be the exit point of the blast and the other one for the gas recoil to go somewhere. http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/157/06/ you can see the hole where the blast originated from could be one of the legs not gathering energy on the ground which would make 7 and the other one is not seen.

Random101
October 28, 2009, 12:40 AM
Actually it switched to six a little bit sooner than the person who documented it previously found. There are six legs here: http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/154/21/

Granted still an author's saving throw though, but I've seen arguably far worse. >>

The totally badass last page makes up for it. Granted that they're alive is a bit of a stretch too, but that page is simply badass.

pirateninjahunter
October 28, 2009, 12:48 AM
I have a plan for them:
They should stick together and fight Zero together and defeat him. After that, they should go separately to the different lachrimas and destroy it at the same time. It is a lot better than sending only one person against Zero.

Basically: The first one to find Zero calls for everybodyelse's help!

mjohner1
October 28, 2009, 12:48 AM
i knew it switched early was trying to think of why it did when this chapter came out. still have to admit to ending image of the chapter was awsome.

MechR
October 28, 2009, 01:39 AM
I have a plan for them:
They should stick together and fight Zero together and defeat him. After that, they should go separately to the different lachrimas and destroy it at the same time. It is a lot better than sending only one person against Zero.

Basically: The first one to find Zero calls for everybodyelse's help!Yeah... Since Zero's the only one left driving Nirvana, just defeating him would probably stop it from moving. Then they could destroy it at leisure.

If Gerard still knows how to do his clone trick, he could cover multiple crystals by himself. (It also depends whether Wendy's healing restores MP as well as HP.)

punsen
October 28, 2009, 08:22 AM

http://www.mangatoshokan.com/read/fairytail/0/7/6

Ichiya is the first mage in action I remember for whom this really holds true.
Most of the cast are melee mages but they should be the exception.

Solfy
October 28, 2009, 04:36 PM
There's no way Erza can beat Zero. She's already pretty exhausted, and most importantly she kicked Midnight's ass, so I guess it's enough for her.

I still think she'll fight him. And just when Zero will be about to kill her, Gerard's memory ("Door of memory") will awaken, and he'll pwn him. Cheesy, but I'd like it. I'm betting on this.

edit : I just remembered Gerard fused with ToP's Lacryma in order to save everyone's asses. Maybe he did get some kind of power up from it ? I mean, for an amnesic guy, he did use some complicated magic. Berserk Gerard assaulting Zero sounds cool.

MechR
October 28, 2009, 05:37 PM
There's no way Erza can beat Zero. She's already pretty exhausted, and most importantly she kicked Midnight's ass, so I guess it's enough for her.She's in better shape than the others, and Wendy's right there. Only a healed Gerard might stand a better chance. But like you say, story-wise it's unlikely she'll get another solo fight right after Midnight.

I still think she'll fight him. And just when Zero will be about to kill her, Gerard's memory ("Door of memory") will awaken, and he'll pwn him. Cheesy, but I'd like it. I'm betting on this.Gerard has his own lachryma to handle in a different part of the city though. Unless he does the clone trick.

Solfy
October 28, 2009, 06:18 PM
Oh yeah, you're totally right about that last part. Mh, then maybe he'll arrive during the fight, after having destroyed his assigned Lacryma ?

Or maybe he'll fight without Erza being near, but that sounds unlikely to me.

MechR
October 28, 2009, 06:35 PM
Oh yeah, you're totally right about that last part. Mh, then maybe he'll arrive during the fight, after having destroyed his assigned Lacryma ?They need to be destroyed simultaneously :p Unless he can cast a timed self-destruct spell on it, I guess.

Forever_Melody
October 28, 2009, 07:40 PM
So Brain's magic is actually "archive" rather than some weird version of "Shade"(like Jose). That's interesting, I assumed that the shadow thingy was his main magic, but it seems the telepathy thing is.

Unlucky Boy
October 29, 2009, 12:54 AM
Well if Zero can use Archive he can just download Gerard's past into his head. Brains knows Gerard so he should have the data in his Archive.

I'm surprised Brain didnt use this magic to the fullest. Who needs Nirvana if you can download into your enemies heads the information that one of them is actually Angel in disguise for example...Or why didnt he stop/change the data transfer when Hibiki told them about the legs?

And maybe with his Meteor magic Gerard can actually destroy all the lachryma fast enough

Solfy
October 29, 2009, 03:11 PM
They need to be destroyed simultaneously :p Unless he can cast a timed self-destruct spell on it, I guess.

Fuck, I'm slow.

Anyway, I don't see why Zero would try to give his memory back to Gerard. He must be aware he's gonna be a serious threat if he does that, and Zero doesn't even want strong opponents, he just wants to destroy about everything.

MechR
October 30, 2009, 01:55 AM
Incidentally, Jura seems to have been forgotten. Zero even remembered Happy, but not Jura.

Forever_Melody
October 31, 2009, 04:18 PM
I think Jura is pretty much out of action for now. Remember that he held the whole building collapse thing so he's pretty worn out.

Hmm I wonder if Zero has any kind of cool magic or if all he can do is shoot shadows and have telepathy.

Evil3ye
October 31, 2009, 04:31 PM
Jura already had his time to shine it's time for the parfume guy to take over.. :p

Ichiya vs Zero.. anyone???? :D

Forever_Melody
October 31, 2009, 04:34 PM
Well Ichiya does have that perfume which removes the opponent's ability to fight...

Evil3ye
October 31, 2009, 04:36 PM
Yet Ichiya taking down Zero would just be.. odd :d why is he tied up atm anyone? I forgot :darn

Unlucky Boy
October 31, 2009, 04:50 PM
Yet Ichiya taking down Zero would just be.. odd :d why is he tied up atm anyone? I forgot :darn

He was caught by Angel's private guild http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/137/14/

Still not sure if he really lost to them or wanted them to take him to their base...

I wonder if he's gonna hop all the way to the lachryma, lol

Forever_Melody
October 31, 2009, 04:51 PM
He got captured by those guys who were in a guild allied with Oracion Seis.

I agree Ichiya defeating Zero would be weird. Arguably, the whole of Blue Pegasus except the one with Archive(who's not even significant enough for me to remember his name >.>) isn't really useful :oh

I'm honestly starting t feel a bit "meh" about this arc. It was fun to begin with, but now I'm more interested in other events to come in Fairy Tail.

Btw, random fact, but I do believe this is one of the rare times we speak outside of a game in the fun forum lol :p

Evil3ye
October 31, 2009, 05:24 PM
He was caught by Angel's private guild http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/137/14/

Still not sure if he really lost to them or wanted them to take him to their base...

I wonder if he's gonna hop all the way to the lachryma, lol
oh right. He lost against that fodder, I actually knew it.. but wasnt sure if it was the last time we've seen him :D

You sure got a point with the-losing-on-purpose theory.. I really hope it's how it was, everything else would be just pathetic..

I agree Ichiya defeating Zero would be weird. Arguably, the whole of Blue Pegasus except the one with Archive(who's not even significant enough for me to remember his name >.>) isn't really useful :oh
that's right, all of them were quite insignificant so far, besides the archive guy. And I'm hoping that this arc is going to end soon, too.. but the twist with the 6 legs could be an interesting one, at least I hope so.
- - -
yeah, that's probably true, what youre saying. :amuse
oh wait, the GMs! ;p

Forever_Melody
October 31, 2009, 05:34 PM
that's right, all of them were quite insignificant so far, besides the archive guy. And I'm hoping that this arc is going to end soon, too.. but the twist with the 6 legs could be an interesting one, at least I hope so.
Well as I've said, even the archive is somewhat insignificant since either you nor me remember his name lol :XD

I'm actually interested in Luxus' dad and what he's going to do(no guilds were allied to his according to the chart).

I'm also interested in that damn Dragon King's feast or whatever.

yeah, that's probably true, what youre saying. :amuse
oh wait, the GMs! ;p
The General Managers!? :blink

Or did we work at General Motors together? O_o

Evil3ye
October 31, 2009, 05:42 PM
Well as I've said, even the archive is somewhat insignificant since either you nor me remember his name lol :XD

I'm actually interested in Luxus' dad and what he's going to do(no guilds were allied to his according to the chart).

I'm also interested in that damn Dragon King's feast or whatever.
Well, he might be insignificant in our eyes, because he didnt pull some awesome moves like e.g Yura did, but for the Alliance he was quite useful, he found out a lot about Nirvana etc.. also the communication thingy and the timers were nice tricks, too ;)
As for the rest of the boygroup.. yeah.. they really were insignificant.. from all points of view lol. Besides the move with they're airship they didnt do anything but getting one-shotted

The General Managers!? :blink

Or did we work at General Motors together? O_o
General Discussions :lmao sry, my fault :lmao
(at least I didnt say G.I.s XD)

mr.danly
November 01, 2009, 07:08 PM
I agree: this arc is kind of disappointing. The oracion seis were hyped up to be ridiculously powerful brigs that could each take out an entire guild, but it's pretty clear that if oracion seis fought against mistgun, erza, natsu, Lucy, Mira, and gray they would lose. Badly. And thats only 6 members of a HUGE guild. And not even all of the most powerful mages in fairy rail. If the other two big dark guilds are this weak, I'll be supremely disappointed.

mjohner1
November 01, 2009, 07:44 PM
go back and re read fights they tell you their weaknesses. people fighting them picked up on the weaknesses and used it against them.

Forever_Melody
November 01, 2009, 10:41 PM
My question is why Oracion Seis didn't pick on the good guys' weakness. -_-; Bah bad guy cockiness and plotkai >.>

I mean, what's Gray's weakness for example? Or Erza's? Or Natsu's(other than potential motion sickness which apparently can be cured >.>)? I won't speak for Lucy though :oh

bittman
November 02, 2009, 12:35 AM
Well technically Angel took out Natsu using his weakness, and then Lucy using her spirit's weaknesses, but was defeated by the combo of Lucy + Hibiki.

And yeah, most bad guys don't look for the good guys weaknesses enough. Gray's would obviously be time and that both hands are taken with his casting, Natsu's being range (and motion sickness), Lucy stamina and physical ability and Erza...

...well Erza's a monster. I still haven't seen a character in Fairy Tail who can wipe out Erza let alone find a weakness. Closest thing to a weakness she has is her past, but she seems to have moved past that given her reaction to Gerard.

But anyway, I get why most people aren't liking this arc. It's just done a Bleach and basically gone "2 strong bad guys vs 15 good guys who range from STRONG to strong". It also hasn't really left us with any mysteries which look like they'll outlast the arc.

I mean:
Luxus Arc = Ivan + Raven Tail + Lachryma + Mist-Gerard
Tower of Paradise Arc = Tower's beginnings + Gerard's fate + Urtear/Council
Dark Phantom Arc = Ten Holy Mages + Dragon's disappearance
Etc

What's the mystery of this arc? What happened to Gerard between Wendy and Sieg or Mistgun? That's not really a mystery I feel I should care about. Biggest mystery of this arc to me is: "What the heck was that talking stick? I still don't get it!"

Forever_Melody
November 02, 2009, 12:40 AM
Well this arc at best could provide with another "my dragon disappeared on the same date as yours" if Natsu ends up asking Wendy the question lol :p

If anything, this arc provided a glimpse of Urtear and her guild's current actions soooooo.

kkck
November 02, 2009, 02:57 AM
My question is why Oracion Seis didn't pick on the good guys' weakness. -_-; Bah bad guy cockiness and plotkai >.>

I mean, what's Gray's weakness for example? Or Erza's? Or Natsu's(other than potential motion sickness which apparently can be cured >.>)? I won't speak for Lucy though :oh

I don't think grey, natsu or erza have a "weaknesses" in the same way the oracion 6 did. I mean, none of them have a significant flaw on their magic which could be potentially exploited(at least I have yet to pick on such a thing). You could exploit a few personality traits of natsu though. I guess you could try to get grey before he does his hand seal thing but at this point it is too much of a stretch considering it barely takes any time and grey is hardly defenseless during that time. Erza.... no flaws, just a well rounded fighting stile that works at many ranges... Lucy's weakness seems to be that she is limited in keys and the amount of spirits she can summon. Being capable of summoning just one spirit at a time(regardless of how strong they are) limits her in the amount of strategies she can use.

kazille
November 02, 2009, 05:12 AM
you could say, at the time when gray fought racer with the motorcycles. he couldn't mold his ice properly cause he was busy driving. lol.

Tiraga
November 02, 2009, 08:22 AM
I agree: this arc is kind of disappointing. The oracion seis were hyped up to be ridiculously powerful brigs that could each take out an entire guild, but it's pretty clear that if oracion seis fought against mistgun, erza, natsu, Lucy, Mira, and gray they would lose. Badly. And thats only 6 members of a HUGE guild. And not even all of the most powerful mages in fairy rail. If the other two big dark guilds are this weak, I'll be supremely disappointed.

Indeed a little dissappointing. Still I wouldn´t say the lack of power made the Oracion Seis lose, but it was their arrogance. For once in this manga I wouldn´t mind seeing a bad guy who is not underestimating the members of the leadplayers in this story. A villian who thinks about everystep they take, and for instance kills off a happyhappyjoyjoy character from fairytail without giving them a chance to make use of a plotted mistake made by the badguy. The only one that came close to this type of attack was the owlguy. Lol :D

But lets hope our lovely writer will put some clever bad guys into the next 2 greater Dark Guilds :eyeroll

Forever_Melody
November 02, 2009, 11:31 AM
I don't think grey, natsu or erza have a "weaknesses" in the same way the oracion 6 did. I mean, none of them have a significant flaw on their magic which could be potentially exploited(at least I have yet to pick on such a thing). You could exploit a few personality traits of natsu though. I guess you could try to get grey before he does his hand seal thing but at this point it is too much of a stretch considering it barely takes any time and grey is hardly defenseless during that time. Erza.... no flaws, just a well rounded fighting stile that works at many ranges... Lucy's weakness seems to be that she is limited in keys and the amount of spirits she can summon. Being capable of summoning just one spirit at a time(regardless of how strong they are) limits her in the amount of strategies she can use.

Which brings us back to plotkai. Obviously, the good guys were given a magic which doesn't possess absurdly fatal flaws like the Oracion Seis' did. Arguably though, Oracion Seis were the first enemies to be defeated by such methods(i.e. through weaknesses in their magic). The other enemies so far weren't really bested by such strategies really; it was mostly overpowering in the cases of Jose, Luxus, Gerard and such.

The only real weakness any of them have is Gray being unable to mold without his hands and Lucy being weak without her spirits. The rest's weaknesses are more psychologically dependent(ex: Natsu's motion sickness or his brash attitude) than related to their magic or their magic's mechanics. So really, to beat the Fairty Tail guys, you really don't have many options except overpowering their magic with something stronger. For example, Erza almost lost to that Kabuki girl because she(the other girl) was able to cut nearly every armor & weapon Erza could muster.

Anyhow, I have to agree with bittman that this arc so far doesn't really carry an onging mystery. I mean, Nirvana, arguably the central point of this arc, isn't something which will last past the arc itself IMO. The only possible mystery which could last past the arc's lifetime is the connection between Wendy and Gerard and honestly, so far it seems it was a superficial connection(by superficial, I mean of no significance to any greater plot than between them).

Solfy
November 02, 2009, 12:47 PM
Raw is out on http://www.raw-paradise.com/.

edit : The scanlation is up on Onemanga.

Gerard's a fucking badass on the last page. One thing tho, is he evil again or what ? I mean, he was with Erza and Wendy before waking up from Amnesia, and he's alone at the end of the chapter. Moreover, his smile is either arrogant either purely evil...

edit : And he was the one who shot the beam at Natsu... Either to make him stop fighting or to do the same, but with evil intentions.

Can't wait for the translation !

hongoasdf
November 02, 2009, 01:24 PM
... The cover is amazing

I crave for a translation. Anyways... If Natsu was the one who ran into Zero, and Gerard is there too, now... That means that there'll be a leg that no one will be able to destroy. And Ichiya seemed out for the count (again) at one panel, so that leaves another leg unharmed. Wonder how will this be solved. Perhaps Cait Shelter will do something

The omake looks nice, too.

LoS
November 02, 2009, 03:35 PM
That is one very sultry/provocative cover. A new diva for the series.

Looks like Zero has qualities of all the other Oracion Seis members. He can bend his magic, is uber fast, can predict attacks.

Natsu's 3 hit combo attempt was pretty bad ass, despite not landing a single hit.

kkck
November 02, 2009, 03:39 PM
Which brings us back to plotkai. Obviously, the good guys were given a magic which doesn't possess absurdly fatal flaws like the Oracion Seis' did. Arguably though, Oracion Seis were the first enemies to be defeated by such methods(i.e. through weaknesses in their magic). The other enemies so far weren't really bested by such strategies really; it was mostly overpowering in the cases of Jose, Luxus, Gerard and such.

The only real weakness any of them have is Gray being unable to mold without his hands and Lucy being weak without her spirits. The rest's weaknesses are more psychologically dependent(ex: Natsu's motion sickness or his brash attitude) than related to their magic or their magic's mechanics. So really, to beat the Fairty Tail guys, you really don't have many options except overpowering their magic with something stronger. For example, Erza almost lost to that Kabuki girl because she(the other girl) was able to cut nearly every armor & weapon Erza could muster.

Anyhow, I have to agree with bittman that this arc so far doesn't really carry an onging mystery. I mean, Nirvana, arguably the central point of this arc, isn't something which will last past the arc itself IMO. The only possible mystery which could last past the arc's lifetime is the connection between Wendy and Gerard and honestly, so far it seems it was a superficial connection(by superficial, I mean of no significance to any greater plot than between them).
Maybe natsu has a weakness to water and grey has a weakness to strong heat though(not necessarily fire BTW lol). Erza could potentially have a weakness against rust magic(just made that up but it would be interesting lol).

Well, we had the mystery of nirvana but that part is mostly solved. Since we seem to be at the arcs end, it seems reasonable though(unless there are a 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th and 13th hidden members of the oracion 6 plus a ultra hidden 14th member who only appears after the hidden members are defeated:p)

I would think there is a deeper connection between gerard, wendy and the overall plot. The DS are related to the dragons who for some reason seem to be connected to zeref. Gerard was manipulated by those who want zeref to awake. On top of that, once the oracion 6 finally fall, the underworld will be thrown into chaos. The ballan alliance will have weakened significantly and every guild under the oracion 6 will be basically leaderless or try to take the oracion 6's position. Nirvana itself might have no deeper repercussions in future arcs but whatever happens to the oracion 6 will have a deep influence in future arcs IMHO.

Forever_Melody
November 02, 2009, 04:06 PM
Well Oracion Seis' fall will indeed affect the world, but it might not be significant to the plot other than allowing Raven Tail and Dark Grimoire the chance to act more freely.

Other than that, we can only speculate at what the repercussions will be.

- Wendy & Gerard. So far, there isn't any evidence that this relationship is all that deep. Apparently Gerard helped Wendy at one point and she loves him. It doesn't really seem all that important as it was mostly only used in this arc as an excuse for Wendy to revive Gerard.

- The Dragon Slayers are more or less of an already known issue. The only extra info we might get is if Wendy actually knows something concerning her Dragon(other than the fact that it disappeared on the same date as Natsu's). If not, it'll just be a repeat of what we already know i.e. someone confirming to Natsu that the Dragons disappeared all at the same time.

- Zeref...well the only thing we can connect to Zeref in this arc is the actions not being seen i.e. the movements of Dark Grimoire.

So IMO, there aren't really any fancy new mysteries(we have enough already anyways) so much that we might get enlightenment on already established ones.

I mean, unless some mysterious character pulls a Mistgun like in the last arc, idk what else could really happen :blink.

bittman
November 02, 2009, 05:23 PM
Oh, and a small special at the end of the chapter? Nice (looks to be a bit NatsuxLucy or something?).

Thank god Gerard put an evil face on. Sick of everyone going "OMG Fairy Tail has the love I'm gonna join it!". Already a joke that Fairy Tail needed to join an alliance, they're seriously overpowered compared to every other guild anyway. Imagine if Gerard joined, they'd be up to like 10 S-rank mages then.

Solfy
November 02, 2009, 06:57 PM
Meh, we really need a translation. I'm just too much impatient to know what's going on.

Even if Gerard possibly turns evil again, I hope he'll have a fight versus Zero. Allying with him would be ultra-lame.

Well, even with the translation coming, I just realized Gerard basically said nothing in the last page, after recovering his memory and interrupting Natsu vs Zero, so everything will still be doubtful about him I guess.

street_san
November 02, 2009, 07:07 PM
Holy Shit, imagine how Erza would be if she learned that Gerard got back his memory and that he is now evil (if we assume that he is evil).

She would go all-out against him. Danm i would've love that :P

Solfy
November 02, 2009, 07:20 PM
Hm, if Gerard is evil right now, then Erza and Wendy are either (obviously not dead, it's a freaking shonen) beaten up / stunned.

kkck
November 02, 2009, 07:32 PM
There is no real reason for gerard to be evil though. In the past he was being completely manipulated by urtear which is not the case currently. It is possible he was manipulated for so long that he went crazy but IMHO now that urtear is gone from his life(at least odds are she is) he is bound to make decisions differently.

Solfy
November 02, 2009, 07:48 PM
The guy we're talking about still has an horrible past, was tortured for days, and closed himself up in the lie that was Zeref's voice. When you're building all your life on something that's gone with the wind in a second, you're bound to feel strange or to continue to believe in it like nothing happened.

Although you make a point (In fact, he did save Erza from the lacrymal explosion in ToP), Gerard might actually be completely insane (it'll take one lovey-dovey beating from Erza to bring him back to his senses for good, or something like that). Or he might be wanting to kill Zero/Brain (aka his magic teacher) himself.

hongoasdf
November 02, 2009, 07:55 PM
Remember they're on Nirvana. All that wavering between emotions might affect him. He was originally good, before Urtear made him believe he was possessed by Zeref's ghost, and was good recently, after he lost his memories. But if he remembers all that he's done, he might consider himself evil, or feel all sort of negative emotions (Like guilt, for instance) and get alignment-switched by Nirvana. Although Mashima would've showed us that if it were to happen.

At any rate, it will be him who fights Zero, evil or not. No one else is the condition (Or level) to do so.

kkck
November 02, 2009, 09:33 PM
Remember they're on Nirvana. All that wavering between emotions might affect him. He was originally good, before Urtear made him believe he was possessed by Zeref's ghost, and was good recently, after he lost his memories. But if he remembers all that he's done, he might consider himself evil, or feel all sort of negative emotions (Like guilt, for instance) and get alignment-switched by Nirvana. Although Mashima would've showed us that if it were to happen.

At any rate, it will be him who fights Zero, evil or not. No one else is the condition (Or level) to do so.

That effect of nirvana was only the initial phase of the whole thing. Now that nirvana is fully activated there is no risk of people randomly turning bad or good.

Unlucky Boy
November 03, 2009, 01:32 AM
I dont think Gerard is going to fight Natsu, he needs him alive for something bigger he has in plan http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/46/13/
Something I believe is beyond the brainwashing he went through, since Natsu has nothing to do with building the TOP.
That's why the name of Natsu was the key to getting his memory back.

LoS
November 03, 2009, 03:27 AM
Well the ending is left ambiguous, it is saying evil has returned, but it isn't affirmative, more like a question of wait and see.

Zero is questioning whether or not Gerard has regained his memory, but I think it is safe to say he has regained the bulk of his memory if he remembered Natsu's last name.

Next chapter title makes it sound like Natsu lacks the conviction to attack either that or his flames begin an onslaught. Kinda sucks that basically no questions were answered this chapter. But it was good to see Natsu improve, too bad Zero is still light years ahead of his skill/power level.

Solfy
November 03, 2009, 05:51 AM
Oh my god, I wish Monday was tomorrow. Can't wait to see Gerard vs Zero, it's really gonna be the biggest fight the series ever had.

1337ness
November 03, 2009, 06:23 AM
Epic Chapter!!! XD I hope Gerard stays evil, because all the other villains except Zero has been too easy to beat.

If they have some cliche conclusion that Gerard thinks what he's doing might be bad and turns good, then the story will be a typical shonen ending.