PDA

View Full Version : Special 10th Anniversary Anime Special

Xadyu
October 02, 2009, 05:51 PM
As we all know, Naruto's celebrating it's 10th anniversary this year and with that, a 10th Anniversary Special is coming october 12th.

When time comes we can discuss it here, but what's with the special anyway, does anyone know what it's about, is there any info yet?

AkatsukiNoTobi
October 02, 2009, 10:46 PM
Where do you see this information? A link would be nice.

Xadyu
October 03, 2009, 07:16 AM
I don't have a link anymore atm, I'll try to look it up in my history.

But it was in the same announcement when they announced the 10th Anniversary Yugioh Special, the Toriko Anime Special and the 5th Anniversary Reborn special.

Googlez_kun
October 03, 2009, 12:36 PM
here you go:):http://www.jumpfesta.com/anime/anime-info/index.html#mmm01

AkatsukiNoTobi
October 03, 2009, 01:35 PM
Ah, I wonder what it'll cover. But where does it say October 12? That's a Monday, and Naruto airs on Thursday.

Lunarangel12
October 03, 2009, 09:10 PM
http://naruto.viz.com/news/index.php?id=102

here it says theres going to be another jiraiya one hour special on october 15th...

Phoenix946
October 04, 2009, 08:34 AM

here it says theres going to be another jiraiya one hour special on october 15th...

Hmm, I doubt that's true, it would mean three specials in a row, and that on the 15th would then not even have a week in between because we're also getting a special on the 8th.

Wiki says this:
129 "Infiltrate! The Village Hidden in the Rain" "Sennyū! Amegakure no Sato" (潜入! 雨隠れの里) October 8, 2009
130 "TBA" October 8, 2009
131 "Activate! Sage Mode" "Hatsudō! Sennin Mōdo" (発動! 仙人モード) October 15, 2009
132 "Meeting the Six Paths of Pain" "Pein Rikudō, kenzan" (ペイン六道、見参) October 22, 2009
133 "The Tale of the Gallant Jiraiya" "Jiraiya gōketsu monogatari" (自来也豪傑物語) October 29, 2009

Think they just confused a week and they're talking about the upcoming special on the 8th.

Ontopic, the 10th anniversary thing sounds cool :) Curious what it is, perhaps something similar to one of those specials they once did about some sports event?

Gingitsune
October 05, 2009, 12:52 AM
here you go:):http://www.jumpfesta.com/anime/anime-info/index.html#mmm01

They don't say much, just that there will be a special "movie show" of episode(s) of Team Kakashi from "Naruto's youth" (meaning pre-Shippuuden). The big title talk about Original Anime for all six series.

It could just be a first broadcasting of the old OVAs (the one about the crimson clover and the waterfall village), who will then finally be avalable on DVD in Japan (they have been for years in USA). I hope not, but it sound like it. ¬_¬
[hr]
It could also be a re-airing of the three first movies.

I hope it will be original stuff, but I don't think it will, especially since it's young Naruto's stuff. I can't see them doing a new animation that isn't up to date with the TV anime.

Xadyu
October 06, 2009, 02:29 AM
I probably think it's a new original animation, I mean it is Naruto's 10th Anniversary Special after all, Dragonball Z and One Piece got their very own OAV's too. (But well, we all know both DB and OP get much better treatment by Shueisha.)

But I think they will give Naruto, their third biggest selling manga ever, much more then just an airing of old anime videos.

Proxy
October 12, 2009, 08:19 AM
Well, todays is the day we find out eh? Spoilers should be going around soon.

bellcrossage
October 12, 2009, 09:23 AM

No, that's for episodes 129 and 130, it's not another Jiraiya special at all. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Gingitsune
October 12, 2009, 06:15 PM
I have some free time today, I'll take a moment to translate the important stuff on this OVA related site.

http://www.jumpfesta.com/anime/index.html

ジャンプスーパーアニメツアー2009
Jump Super Anime Tour 2009 [that's the title on the event]

On the pink gear:

ジャンプスーパーアニメツアー2009とは?
What is Jump Super Anime Tour?

人気作品のオリジナルアニメを上映‼週刊少年ジャンプ、Vジャンプ、ジャンプSQ.3誌が贈る一大スーパーイベントが今年もやってくる‼ここでしか見られない新作オリギナルアニメが勢ぞろいだ‼

A screening of popular series' original anime‼ Shounen Jump, V Jump and Jump SQ get together this year again for a huge super event‼ Brand new original anime never seen before in full force‼

完全招待制無料エベント‼
A perfect, only on invitation, free of charge event‼

On the green gear:

アニメ情報
Informations about the anime

人気6作品のオリジナルアニメを上映‼
A screening of 6 popular series' original anime‼

NARUTO -バルト-

連載開始から今年で10周年をむかえた『NARUTO-ナルト-』。今作ではナルトの少年時代、カカシ班のエピソードを上映。TVビアニメとは異なる驚きの映像は必見さぞ‼
This year is the 10th anniversary of Naruto's serialization start. This work will feature an episode with Team Kakashi from Naruto's youth era. It will be surprisingly different from the TV series, don't miss it‼

10周年特別記念上映だってばよ‼
A special screening to celebrate the 10th year anniversary‼

On the yellow gear:

Roughly, the event will tour in five Japanese cities, Tokyo on October 12th (Monday), Fukuoka on October 24th (Saturday), Osaka on November 3rd (Tuesday), Nayoshi on November 15th (Sunday) and Sapporo on November 29th (Sunday)

On the bleu gear:

Roughly, to get to the event, you have to buy Shounen Jump #35, V Jump #9 and Jump SQ #9, then you send the purchase proof (likely a stamp card) to the contest address and they randomly pick 10,600 names to attend the event.

-------------

It seems I was overly pessimistic with my last post, it will be a brand new special episode.

Now, what's in for us foreigners who can't participate nor attend to these events? Likely, people attending these Jump Super Anime Tour will be able to pre-order a copy with featuring anime. They should receive their copy next winter and some will sell them on yahoo auction and the likes. Someone will buy it, rip it and make it available for fansub. That's how it went for the last two Naruto's OVA (the ones about crimson clover and the waterfall village), let's hope this year's OVA will have a better plot.

More on the OVA itself, judging by the picture, with long haired Sakura, there will be no razengan, no frog summoning, no raikiri, no cursed seal... I hope Kakashi will be up to the task. :D

Blackout286
October 12, 2009, 07:33 PM
I have some free time today, I'll take a moment to translate the important stuff on this OVA related site.

http://www.jumpfesta.com/anime/index.html

ジャンプスーパーアニメツアー2009
Jump Super Anime Tour 2009 [that's the title on the event]

On the pink gear:

On the green gear:

On the yellow gear:

Roughly, the event will tour in five Japanese cities, Tokyo on October 12th (Monday), Fukuoka on October 24th (Saturday), Osaka on November 3rd (Tuesday), Nayoshi on November 15th (Sunday) and Sapporo on November 29th (Sunday)

On the bleu gear:

Roughly, to get to the event, you have to buy Shounen Jump #35, V Jump #9 and Jump SQ #9, then you send the purchase proof (likely a stamp card) to the contest address and they randomly pick 10,600 names to attend the event.

-------------

It seems I was overly pessimistic with my last post, it will be a brand new special episode.

Now, what's in for us foreigners who can't participate nor attend to these events? Likely, people attending these Jump Super Anime Tour will be able to pre-order a copy with featuring anime. They should receive their copy next winter and some will sell them on yahoo auction and the likes. Someone will buy it, rip it and make it available for fansub. That's how it went for the last two Naruto's OVA (the ones about crimson clover and the waterfall village), let's hope this year's OVA will have a better plot.

More on the OVA itself, judging by the picture, with long haired Sakura, there will be no razengan, no frog summoning, no raikiri, no cursed seal... I hope Kakashi will be up to the task. :D

Judging from all that..I don't know what to think the OVA will show us.

Gingitsune
October 13, 2009, 02:26 PM
I got some more comment from Naruto's 10th anniversary blog:

http://www.naruto10th.com/cgi-bin/nablog/staffdiary.cgi?page=5

元祖カカシ班、ナルトとサスケの共闘が
見られるのだ!
サスケ、すんげ~かっこいいよ!
ナルトは、このころはまだちょっと弱いよ!?
(けど、活躍するぞ)

We will see Naruto and Sasuke fight side by side in the original Team Kakashi! Sasuke is so cool! Naruto was rather weak back then!? (but he put all his heart into it )

The rest was advertisement and promotional catch phrase.
[hr]
Ok, I found some real review!

NARUTOはALL CGということだったけど、
まーゲーム見ているみたいだったね。
ゲーム見ているんだと思えば、そんなに変じゃなかった。
話はオリジナルストーリーで
波の国帰還後、中忍試験前の話で
大蛇丸がサスケを値踏みしにきた話といえば、わかるでしょうか。
まーとにかくサスケの話なんですよ。
アニメのこういうところのナルトは全くもってして、
いまいちなのでなんだかなーなんだよね。
原作だけ読んでる分にはそんなにうざい子じゃないのに
なんでアニメだとこんなナルトなのか??

Naruto was all CG, it was like watching a game. Nevertheless, it wasn't odd. The story is an original one between the return from the wave country and the chuunin examen, as Orochimaru asses Sasuke. Naruto the anime is just silly, I don't know why. I only read the original manga, I don't remember such an annoying kid. Is Naruto always like this in the anime??

All CG... :oh
And the story is just silly... :oh

Well, I'm not looking forwards for this one. ¬_¬

DARK
October 13, 2009, 02:32 PM
If it is the Part I Naruto, of COURSE it is silly. It's a childish anime. Shippuden is where you expect a much more serious overtone.
Can you describe in detail what the story was about?

Gingitsune
October 13, 2009, 03:08 PM
I can't give any further details, I translated the whole text, the Japanese guy doesn't say any more.

Although pre-shippuuden Naruto is a childish anime, I hoped the "surprisingly different from the TV series" would mean not as silly as usual. Well, Naruto's anime's main staff has no talent after all, I was silly to expect anything good that isn't scripted by Kishimoto. -_-

Jye24_Nindo
October 14, 2009, 03:45 AM
It is definitely a good idea to lower your expectations.

I'm expecting some arc with a new completely madeup and irrelevant villain with Naruto realizing at the end "He's just like me!" with another rainbow-colored rasengan to finish it off.

Gingitsune
October 16, 2009, 01:29 AM
When even decent animation and story is too much to be expected, someone should be replace (hopefully not for worst). :darn

I found another comment:

私は疾風伝じゃないほうのNARUTOの方が好きなので楽しめました♪
でも・・・全編3DCDの映像に最後まで慣れなかった><
普段ゲームとかやってれば気にならなかったかもしれないけど・・・。
もらったパンフは読まず、新鮮な気持ちで見始めましたが・・・
ここでダメ絶対音感発動!
「子安~~~~~!!!」家族とそこに反応www
ラストの暁の衣をまとったサスケがかっこよかったです^^

子安さんは今回のオリジナルにゲスト出演したみたいですよ。

"Although I don't follow Shippuuden, I like Naruto as a character and it was fun. ♪
But... everything was in 3D I couldn't get use to it. ><
It would have bothered me if it was for a game of something like that...
As I read first read the given leaflet, I had a feeling of freshness...
It doesn't work here with the invocation of the perfect pitch!
"Koyasuuuuuu!!!" was the family's reaction. lol
And the last scene with Sasuke wearing Akatsuki outfit looked good. ^^

Koyasu-san was this time's original guest apparition."

『ナルト』のオリジナルアニメ、お約束シリーズがオンパレードで良かったo(^-^)o

オモシロカッタよ(o^-')b

"Naruto's original anime", it was nice with the promise series keep goeing on. It was interesting.

http://livedoor.blogimg.jp/majestic_wagon/imgs/9/d/9da0780a.jpg

http://blog.livedoor.jp/majestic_wagon/archives/1284062.html#comments

There seem to have a script there, I'll investigate tomorrow.

slmcknett
October 16, 2009, 08:38 PM
Is the entire special in CGI? Or whatever you call the video-game graphics.

Gingitsune
October 19, 2009, 09:35 AM
So they said, the entire special is Computer Generated.

Blackout286
October 19, 2009, 02:37 PM
They are using storm graphics?! O.O

Googlez_kun
October 19, 2009, 02:41 PM
They are using storm graphics?! O.O

yeah,it seems so,though it is not really a bad thing^^

CBlitz
October 19, 2009, 02:54 PM
yeah Storm had some pretty insane graphics, I'm not surprised that they are using it to animate the special

Googlez_kun
October 19, 2009, 02:56 PM
actually the special isn't going to be as bad as i thought!waiting for it now^^
so it is an OVA?

CBlitz
October 19, 2009, 03:12 PM
yeah

Blackout286
October 19, 2009, 04:07 PM
I'm surprised that Sasuke makes an appearance in his Akatsuki Outfit. Epic.

Googlez_kun
October 19, 2009, 05:00 PM
I'm surprised that Sasuke makes an appearance in his Akatsuki Outfit. Epic.

that would mean that they allready have this character model,so they can use it in a game,that means that maybe storm 2 will have sasuke shippuuden and killer bee in it:spaz:wtf

Blackout286
October 19, 2009, 06:53 PM
that would mean that they allready have this character model,so they can use it in a game,that means that maybe storm 2 will have sasuke shippuuden and killer bee in it:spaz:wtf

Depending if the anime will reach the Team Hawk vs. KillerBee fight. Hopefully, it will. That way CC2 will be able to add alot more for storm 2.:)

Googlez_kun
October 19, 2009, 07:04 PM
Depending if the anime will reach the Team Hawk vs. KillerBee fight. Hopefully, it will. That way CC2 will be able to add alot more for storm 2.:)

it's close to storms first "anniversairy" iirc,so we should expect a new game in case they publish a new game every year and they won't reach this fight this year,but they will probably wait until the anime actually shows that fight,though maybe they even have everything done(killer bee and pain and all and sasuke is just a little preview for that) and just wait for the right time to publish it,that'd be awesome!!!!:wtf

DARK
October 26, 2009, 08:38 PM
I can only pray that the plot is as good as the graphics, but typical OVAs are not consistent when it comes to a good story.

Itazuk
November 02, 2009, 04:59 PM
So..when will this new OAV be out online for us to watch it, if anyone is gonna watch it?

Even though i have heard some "suckish" comments about the OAV....im still gonna watch it for my opinion, xD.

dmysta3000
November 30, 2009, 06:24 AM
The ova is now availible to watch on shonenjump.com, You can watch it here. (http://www.shonenjump.com/e/animetour/) The animation was pretty cool and reminded me of the .hack//G.U. movie. The ova was mostly about Sauske. The ending even shows a scene with him and Madara. Check it out! :kkthumbs

uchiha_S
November 30, 2009, 08:39 AM
i think it was good specially the end with madara

LittleMissNemesis
November 30, 2009, 11:51 AM
Damn- wish I could watch it. If anyone finds the vid somewhere you can watch w/o Windows, please post a link. Thanks!

Kusachu
November 30, 2009, 01:16 PM
Damn- wish I could watch it. If anyone finds the vid somewhere you can watch w/o Windows, please post a link. Thanks!

You can watch it. When you click to download the file you have to hit "open with" instead of save. I open with Media Player Classic and it works fine. :thumbs
[hr]
I thought it was good. It fit in with the story and showed us one of the missions they had that we didn't get to see. I liked it. The ending with Madara was a surprise since it spoils the anime, but I guess since it's for the anniversary of the manga it wants to show how Sasuke was then, and where he is at now. Man I can't wait for the anime to progress to that point. :XD

theo_mm
November 30, 2009, 02:20 PM
it's not working for me either :( ... it says, unkown extension (.sva)...

Googlez_kun
November 30, 2009, 02:23 PM
it doesn't work for me either and i tried every player i have!
my laptop sucks:crying

theo_mm
November 30, 2009, 02:24 PM
I see, to watch it you have to download their browser it works fine now :D

Googlez_kun
November 30, 2009, 02:55 PM
i have the manga player now and wow...it doesn't work anyway:notrust

i hate my laptop,i should kick it

Linkdarkside
November 30, 2009, 03:12 PM
wow that was awesome i hope some one rip it so we can download it.

i loved Sasuke and Naruto team work,Sasuke Phoenix Flower Jutsu was in a little over powered in the OVA but it looked more awesome.

and it look like the sharingan can see the chakra flow but not the chakra points.

CBlitz
November 30, 2009, 03:17 PM
the best part was the last 5 seconds of Sasuke and Madara, made the whole thing worth the watch lol

SilentBob777
November 30, 2009, 04:25 PM
i have the manga player now and wow...it doesn't work anyway:notrust

i hate my laptop,i should kick it

I have the same problem :darn
Maybe we're just unlucky..or our computers suck. :s

Can someone please tell me what happens in the end with Sasuke and Madara?

CBlitz
November 30, 2009, 04:35 PM
you're not missing much, just a 10 sec thing with Sasuke in Akatuski cloak reminiscing about the past with Madara right behind him. Madara asks him what the problem and Sasuke just says that he was spacing for a sec. Then they both jump off into the distance

megumiaraki
November 30, 2009, 04:46 PM
I have the same problem :darn
Maybe we're just unlucky..or our computers suck. :s

Can someone please tell me what happens in the end with Sasuke and Madara?

To play the video...you have to download the manga browser. Then download the video. Open the manga browser and drag and drop the video file into it. VOLIA!

: )!

theo_mm
November 30, 2009, 04:59 PM
btw was the madara part in UNS style graphics - CGI??

Googlez_kun
November 30, 2009, 05:00 PM

hehe yeah,i think i thought the same thing you are thinking now!
welcome storm 2 with madara and sasuke:D

LittleMissNemesis
November 30, 2009, 05:02 PM
The manga browser still won't work for me. Oh well. If a streaming version shows up anywhere, could someone please post the link?

SilentBob777
November 30, 2009, 05:08 PM
To play the video...you have to download the manga browser. Then download the video. Open the manga browser and drag and drop the video file into it. VOLIA!

: )!

Oh I did that already and it didn't work, but thanks anyway. I guess my internet has some problems.. Meh, I'll watch it somehow, anyway it doesn't sound too interesting to me. :oh

theo_mm
November 30, 2009, 05:37 PM
just saw it... EPIC ... could this mean there models are done for UNS2, not that its gonna go that far, but it could go up to Deidara + Tobi VS Sasuke :D!!!

Googlez_kun
November 30, 2009, 05:42 PM
just saw it... EPIC ... could this mean there models are done for UNS2, not that its gonna go that far, but it could go up to Deidara + Tobi VS Sasuke :D!!!

but that would still be very epic!:D
my imagination is going crazy:XD

theo_mm
November 30, 2009, 05:51 PM
MEE TOO! here are some pics :D :

http://i45.tinypic.com/2lmw0ac.jpg
http://i48.tinypic.com/33w3xhj.jpg
http://i47.tinypic.com/qpjb74.jpg

i gonna upload the video on youtube tomoro and hope it doesnt get taken off :D

dmysta3000
November 30, 2009, 06:21 PM
The entire thing was, its just some parts look like normal anime scenes, i think its pretty awesome looking.

theo_mm
November 30, 2009, 06:32 PM
^^ I know now XD

scandalous'
November 30, 2009, 07:02 PM
That was awesome. loved the ending.

DARK
November 30, 2009, 07:35 PM
10th Anniversary Anime Special
This special, despite being around 95% anime only, contains some important plot spoilers (especially at the ending). For those who have not read the manga and/or seen the anime to where it is currently in Japan, as well as those who have not yet seen the OVA, I'll place my commentary in spoiler tags.
- The plot of the special takes place in between the Land of Waves arc and the Chunin Exams arc. NOTE: Sakura's hair is still long and she even asks Sasuke if he is still injured from that mission.
- The special reminds me of a faulty Naruto GameCube/Wii game in terms of the actual CGI.
- It was refreshing to hear the original Naruto soundtrack (haven't heard it in a while and really contrasts the "mature" feel).
- It's been a long time that Naruto has used Sexy/Harem Jutsu and is epic even in bad CGI.
- I can't say much about the villains of this OVA, other than the fact that the "leader" has a really interesting design.
- So with the BGM they're going so far as the third OST soundtrack? Thought they were just gonna use BGM from solely the first one.
- In the end, just as I predicted, the filler villain is controlled by Orochimaru (setting the stage for the next arc).
- Orochimaru and Kabuto cameo near the end. Eww, Orochimaru controlling people via snake/earwigs that crawl back into his ears? You must be kidding me. Talk about "convenient" powers only granted during a filler.
- Have the filler father and son done anything other than set a trap?
- Haruka Kanata, the second Naruto opening, is used for the credits. Nice song choice.
- The epic Sasuke/Madara interaction at the ending really made up for this somewhat faulty plotline.

Kaiten
November 30, 2009, 08:08 PM
The manga browser still won't work for me. Oh well. If a streaming version shows up anywhere, could someone please post the link?

once you have the manga browser dl'ed just click play on the Naruto link. It will automatically open in the player :)

KonMan
November 30, 2009, 09:35 PM
For those that can't get the mangaplayer to work, here it is on Youtube. Get it while you can.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FOF4v4yokc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPTd14CT4mM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzPImW1nRTY

elitefox
November 30, 2009, 10:07 PM
but that would still be very epic!:D
my imagination is going crazy:XD

lol sasuke could even barely defeat one:darn

LittleMissNemesis
November 30, 2009, 10:30 PM
Haha- ah, pre-timeskip Sakura, how I loathe you! What a load. Hadn't seen her (or inner Sakura) for a while.

Aw, it was nice and nostalgic- Sasuke and Naruto playing off of each other was cute. It's also not very often that we see Sasuke's inner thoughts, which I liked. The story was completely uninteresting, but that wasn't the point anyway. I'm not big on the 3d cg shows, but the fighting and whatnot looked pretty good here.

TeAm#7FoReVer
December 01, 2009, 02:59 AM
I dont like much this kind of animation but this was pretty entertaining. I kind of missed the old and good times of Team 7. It is sad how all changed so fast, I hope at the end we can see them together again.

I never imagined that Sasuke was remembering this, it was unexpected and nice. This ending save the chapter.

Rikudou King
December 01, 2009, 03:27 AM
How nostalgic. Sakura did nothing, Kakashi was elsewhere, And Naruto remain goofy. I hadn't realized how use I was to Sasuke using the Chidori and Naruto using the Rasengan until I saw this. I kept expecting them to pull off those moves. Akatsuki Sasuke in 3d was great.

Googlez_kun
December 01, 2009, 09:38 AM
that was great!!!
i loved this old naruto feeling!
i sometimes wish it would'nt have all those crazy jutsu like now
it was perfect back then

theo_mm
December 01, 2009, 11:02 AM
heres HD of sasuke + tobi scene :D :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCHZUt_zFoE&fmt=22

Lelo
December 01, 2009, 01:57 PM
lol, good ol times. Sakura getting caught and Naruto and Sasuke trying to save her while arguing with eachother.

Qbanboi
December 01, 2009, 11:05 PM
@DARK :"- The special reminds me of a faulty Naruto GameCube/Wii game in terms of the actual CGI."

lol you HAVE to be kidding, you just have to. Not even NUNS CGI looked that good. People may say that they are the same, but you can spot the differences.

Blackout286
December 02, 2009, 09:16 PM
@DARK :"- The special reminds me of a faulty Naruto GameCube/Wii game in terms of the actual CGI."

lol you HAVE to be kidding, you just have to. Not even NUNS CGI looked that good. People may say that they are the same, but you can spot the differences.

Actually the CGI is made from the Storm Engine. The graphics are better because the developers had more time to improve it.

Cobra826
December 03, 2009, 01:54 AM
stream

http://www.thenarutoshippuuden.com/naruto-jump-special/

hunter291
January 16, 2011, 01:40 PM
is there any place where i can download it oO ? i can only find youtube links, but i want a good quality download oO