PDA

View Full Version : Gantz Live Action Films Confirmed for 2011

Pages : [1] 2 3

Eksh
October 07, 2009, 06:01 PM
I know there was a thread about this, some time ago, but this time It's pretty much gonna be reality..

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2009-10-07/gantz-manga-being-adapted-into-live-action-film

http://yj.shueisha.co.jp/gantzspecial/

What do you guys think?

I edited the title so people can see this is not one of those "Gantz Movie threads" - GAT-X252

A_N_G_E_L
October 07, 2009, 07:51 PM
Great find man!=) I can't wait to see it but I don't expect much, if they don't f**k it up I hope it will be at least funny and entertaining!XD

Mr.Aaron
October 07, 2009, 10:10 PM
Holy shit. Ho...ly... shit.

I know I shouldn't expect much, but still... D;

Nami
October 07, 2009, 10:44 PM
Kenichi Matstumato is going to act in it? :omg
Sounds like something worth checking out though i bet there's going to be a lot of CG effects. I hope it'll be as bloody and twisted as Battle Royale or something.

Damura
October 07, 2009, 11:10 PM
Who's playing this character?

http://dl01.mangashare.com/manga/Gantz/268/004.jpg
[hr]
The success of this film shall depend entirely upon how tight the suit's are on the female characters.

digitaldude
October 08, 2009, 04:41 AM
This is gonna be so great, and what missions are the movies going to cover?

Vancyer
October 08, 2009, 04:54 AM
oh gosh PLEASE stay true to the manga

Somnus
October 08, 2009, 06:21 AM
Meh I'd prefere an anime remake or second season.

BrazilianGantzer
October 08, 2009, 09:55 AM
oh gosh PLEASE stay true to the manga

Yes, Vancyer! I hope I'm not going to be disappointed like I was after Battle Royale.:facepalm But regardless of how well they make it, I still think that the manga will kick a lot more ass (as usual)!

@Damura, I agree about the suits!:eyeroll But I also think that the gore will make a big difference.

erik-the-red
October 08, 2009, 01:10 PM
When I first started reading the manga, I noticed how that the chapters "read very quickly." So, for some time (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18198), I've felt that a live-action Gantz is doable.

My vision for a complete adaptation might be a bit too costly, though, as I feel that Phase I should have two films. For example, the first film would end right before

Izumi begins the Shinjuku Holocaust.

and the second film would end

with Kei's death at the hands of Host Samurai.

Phase II can probably fit into one film, though.

I'm looking forward to this no matter what!

Hollow Kurono
October 08, 2009, 01:50 PM
I think I am going to cry.A Gantz live action movie will ruin the reputation that Gantz has built up and I think that reputation should be very positive,if a movie is in the works,but this wont be good,it cannot be good,they cannot stick to the manga completely,how can they?If they wanna stick true to the manga and do everything that was in the manga,they would need to make it a weekly tv show and not a movie,cause nobody is going to make a movie that lasts forever :facepalm this is stupid.There should also be a poll to this thread to see how many want this movie to be made and not :/ Im going not.Plz God say it aint so,plz!

souleater9492
October 08, 2009, 03:50 PM
Movies = Good
Comic Books = Good
Comic Book Movies = Great
Comic Book Movies with low budgets and crap actors = Bad
Relatively obscure manga movie with a low budget and a J-Pop star as the lead actor = Very bad.

I don't very high hopes for this movie. Either two things will happen:
The acting will totally suck but the action will more than make up for it or the Acting will suck and the action will suck as well.

The odds of this movies being both action packed AND well acted are slim. And I like Battle Royale a lot. It didn't follow the manga because it wasn't supposed to. The manga and movie both took on different interpretations on the original book.

Tumerking
October 08, 2009, 04:08 PM
The anime was 26 episodes long (20min x 26 = 8h 40min) and it lasted until the end of the third mission. It did have filler parts in it and it was really slowed down so I think it could have been maybe 13-17 episodes long.

That equalls over four hours for the first three missions. I really don't think they will be able to get to the end of phase 1 in two movies. I think the first movie will end after the third mission and the second movie will end after the Tae mission.

Depending on the success of the movies they might make a third one that goes until the end of Phase 1, but i don't think they will.

Most likely they will screw Gantz up beyond belief and it will be terrible. But i'm willing to bet that most Gantz fans will watch it out of curiosity. I know I will.

roxas_strife2
October 08, 2009, 04:15 PM
Kenichi Matstumato is going to act in it? :omg
Sounds like something worth checking out though i bet there's going to be a lot of CG effects. I hope it'll be as bloody and twisted as Battle Royale or something.

The Battle Royale movie was a huge disappointment by comparison with the manga. I didn't like any of the character depictions, the plot wasn't satisfying, and the pace was terrible. Hopefully, the Gantz movie won't suffer this. I won't mind if they compromise certain aspects of Gantz as long as they still maintain the themes, the personalities, the intense action, the tech, and just the overall plot. They don't have to do every mission in order or anything like that.

Wouldn't it be weird if they fused the roles of Izumi and Kato into one character? xD

Also, if you liked the Battle Royale movie you should have your taste checked. I mean really, they removed a lot of what made the characters fascinating and compelling, the action was anticlimactic at several points, the whole thing with the teacher was stupid, and I love how the narrative of the Battle Royale manga gives you insight into almost every member of the class. It just doesn't compare with the manga in any aspect. Just because it wasn't meant to be like the manga doesn't mean it excuses it being mediocre.

A_N_G_E_L
October 08, 2009, 07:04 PM
I don't expect much because it is impossible to make it 100% good for everyone but I hope it will be not a fail-movie like Dragon Ball Revolution. And I hope they don't overdo it with special effects and CG, otherwise it will look cheap. It is better to use GC only to support the movie. It is better to build props, puppets and costumes(really good of course!:))and using the CG when they really need to. I also hope they hire good artists if they use CG, I really like how they made it in District 9, it looked like that the Aliens, Ships and Robot really were there.

I also think it's better to make 3 movies instead of only 2 because the Story is pretty long and still not finished. <--- actually this came in my mind; if they do these 2 movies and want them to finish them in 2011 that also could mean that the Manga will be finishied before 2011!
Will it be that both movies tell the complete story of Gantz or will be eventually more movies?

Even if these movies would fail it will be still entertaining to watch!XD

Drmke
October 08, 2009, 07:16 PM
I also think it's better to make 3 movies instead of only 2 because the Story is pretty long and still not finished. <--- actually this came in my mind; if they do these 2 movies and want them to finish them in 2011 that also could mean that the Manga will be finishied before 2011!
Will it be that both movies tell the complete story of Gantz or will be eventually more movies?

Even if these movies would fail it will be still entertaining to watch!XD

They probably would make more movies if these two are extremely well received and the fans want more afterwards.

Hollow Kurono
October 09, 2009, 12:12 AM
Well this movie will definantly be a success in Japan,I doubt that american critics will approve the acting,story and everything else.They should make it like Star Wars,6 episodes.And I think they should drop this and make a new anime about Gantz,start from scratch for all the money they are getting to do this movie.I will watch this movie no matter what,cause I wanna see what they are going to do to the masterpiece that Gantz is.

I really want to see who is gonna play Kishimoto,Reika,Sei and other girls,I want to see if Kishimoto will have pink hair,I want to see how the suits look and the thing that is bugging me,is the special fx,I doubt they are going to be any good,Souleater9492 got it all right.

Hollywood should do this movie,like they are planning on doing Cowboy Bebop.

kaliayev
October 09, 2009, 05:29 AM
This adaptation is going to be terrible. I'd rather have a revamped anime any day of the week. Well, at least the Japanese will be responsible for this one *coughAkiracough*.

You know they're gonna butcher the weapons. While one can make excellent models of the weapons in one's spare time, the weapons will not translate well to a live action medium, which means the weapons will be altered to fit a mainstream audience's standards or simply look goofy.

sir_arles
October 09, 2009, 05:55 AM
The writer is the same as the 20th Century Boys' movies, Yūsuke Watanabe!!!

With this in mind, I'm sure this movie can't be bad! I really hope it becomes a hit =D
[hr]
Also, here there are pictures of the confirmed actors for the movies:

Kazunari Ninomiya (Kei Kurono)
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_3MZgqh-kDaU/SFLDPjOzKfI/AAAAAAAAAzA/cU_zjEMeuLo/s400/Arashi+-+Kazunari+ninomiya..jpg

Kenichi Matsuyama (Masaru Kato, L en Death Note)
http://www.s-woman.net/matsuyama-kenichi/image/ph02_1.jpg

A_N_G_E_L
October 09, 2009, 11:03 AM
None of these two actors look like the characters in Gantz. Kazunari doesn't look like Kurono at all and Kenichi looks nothing like Katou, I tried to imagine him with slicked back hair even this doesn't make him look like Katou!:(

And for Kishimoto I can imagine that she will have light brown hair or darker brown hair, otherwise it will look weird...

Amnesiac
October 09, 2009, 12:04 PM
Who's playing this character?

http://dl01.mangashare.com/manga/Gantz/268/004.jpg
<hr noshade size="1">
The success of this film shall depend entirely upon how tight the suit's are on the female characters.

This. :D

And just imagine this:

http://media1.mangavolume.com/Manga/Gantz/Gantz%20294/compressed/42370_936270.jpg

...in live action. =O =O =O

warbandit66
October 09, 2009, 01:03 PM
I personally think that the casting for both Kei and Katou is really good, although I see the movie being a very heavily adapted watered down shadow of what the manga is.

Tumerking
October 09, 2009, 02:06 PM
I think the actors don't look that far off. I mean most japanese people look similar so they can't really get it perfect. I don't know enough about japanese actors to say wheather the guys they picked are good or not, but it seems that the movie is going to have a good director and good special effects (for a japanese movie) at least.

But Gantz is first and formost a manga. I've never heard of one manga being made into a succesful movie, can you?

Comic Book + Hollywood = okay
Manga + Japan = probably terrible

Maybe Gantz will be the first manga to be turned into a good movie? It's hard to imagine, but I will just wait and hope for the best

warbandit66
October 09, 2009, 04:36 PM
We have to remember that this will be an adaptation of the manga, expect the writer and director to play fast and loose with characters and plots.

sir_arles
October 09, 2009, 07:15 PM
But Gantz is first and formost a manga. I've never heard of one manga being made into a succesful movie, can you?

I just CAN'T disagree more. Seriously, I can't.

You've never head of a successful movie from a manga? What about 20th Century Boys? Top 5 DVD seller in Japan in 2009. Also seinen, by the way.
Death Note's move had a very decent reception, also.

Comic Book + Hollywood = okay?
Please, just lurk forums for a while, and I can assure you that the percent of people liking movie adaptations of comics is VERY LOW.
The 1º Hulk Movie? Fantastic Four? Spiderman 3? Do I have to keep naming movies?

PLEASE, PLEASE, tell me in which movies and adaptations you are basing to say this.

Oh, and the exact equation would be:

Manga + Hollywood adaptation = GARBAGE
Dragon Ball movie anyone? 'nuff said.

Sorry, but I really disagree with you because of all that I just said.

Drmke
October 09, 2009, 08:57 PM
No don't be bashing Spider-man!!! I actually liked the 3rd one....plus, Hollywood can make badass movies when they try...see The Dark Knight.

This movie should at the very least be decent. I don't think making this a live action would be too hard. The way Oku sets up the manga is almost perfect for one. Kinda slow pacing at first building up to the action and having the action last awhile and always being climatic. And with today's special effects, they should be able to pull everything off unless they are cheap-asses.

sir_arles
October 09, 2009, 09:02 PM
Of course Hollywood can and DOES good movies!
And there are some terrific comic adaptations, too.

But what I am against is:

It's just to simplistic and can't describe such a complex matter as this one.
That was my point, sorry for bashing Spidey XD

For the record, I didn't say those were bad movies (I think so too, bad that's not relevant), I just implied that they had very bad critic, which is the only way we have to more or less agree about how good movies are :S

Tumerking
October 10, 2009, 11:25 AM
Well, the Spiderman and Superman and Hulk movies didn't follow the comic book STORY at all. The characters were the same as in the comic books, but story-line wise the movies were completely differet from the comic books. They were more comic book character movies then they were comic book movies.

The only comic book movie that followed the story was Watchmen.

If they don't follow the Gantz story-line then its a complete toss up of how good it will be. If they do follow the story-line then they will have to cut a bunch of stuff out and it will probably end up too fast paced.

Seeing as how i'm used to Hollywood special effects, I will probably think it sux. And as for the 20th century boys movie and Death note movie, I didn't like them too much.

Most people give those movies a break because they've read the mangas and know exactly whats going on all the time. I don't do that. I'm going to judge a movie on how good it is by itself, not how good the manga was. And i may just be used to American movies, but Death Note and 20th just wern't that good when compared to a lot of other movies. So the chance that Gantz has for satisfying me is extremely low, but I will hope.

Yea, i'm a harsh critic :P

kaliayev
October 10, 2009, 05:01 PM
I just watched the Princess Blade and it was bad. A number of scenes were very poorly shot and the plot and acting made me want to take a nap, even during the fight scenes (given the fact that Donnie Yen was the choreographer, this apathy surprised even me). However, interestingly, the female lead resembled Kei Kurono a lot more than the fellow shown above. Unless the Gantz films get positive reviews, I'm not interested in making another effort to sit through one of SATO's movies, so I'll let someone else, if s/he dares, assess SATO's more recent films.

Emery
October 10, 2009, 05:40 PM
I have no hopes for this movie at all. Japanese CG is atrocious. Not gonna sugar coat it....

erik-the-red
October 10, 2009, 07:07 PM
The only comic book movie that followed the story was Watchmen.

Watchmen followed the comic fairly closely, but they modified the way Veidt achieved his "world piece." I guess in comparison to the other films you mentioned, this is a minor detail.

I would add Sin City to the list of films that closely followed the comic book. I believe Rodriguez was quoted as saying that he intended his film to be a "translation" of the comic books, not an adaptation.

I can only hope that the live-action Gantz is also a "translation."

Flay
October 11, 2009, 06:24 PM

Succesful by what standards? Japanese or American?
Japanese Movies mostly aim for the japanese market and american movies at a worldwide market.

Just because you haven't heard of a japanese movie being succesful means nothing because they may have been succesful in Japan but never had a big release outside of Japan and the other thing is that we westerners mostly like to watch movies with europeans in it and not with asians (cause they all look alike, you know?), well... unless it is a martial arts fim (like Ong Bak or the Bruce Lee movies).

good comic movies: Batman Begins and Dark Knight, Sin City, Watchmen
okay comic movies: most (wolverine for example wasn't bad but deadpool sucked, Spidy 3 wasn't bad but emo venom sucked,...)
sucked: every Hulk series, movies etc (well the one with norton was great), FF, Superman Returns...

good manga movies: Devilman (at least I liked it better then the manga), Casshern (weird movie but I loved it because of that)
good manga series: Liar game (well, the last arc sucked but the rest was good), Kurosagi, GTO...
okay manga movies: 20th Century Boy, Ichi the Killer, Death Note 1+2 (I didn't like them, but the majority did)
sucked: Shamo, Crying Freeman, Alive, Fist Of The North Star, and a few more...

so:
CB + Hollywood = good and bad
Manga + Japan = good and bad
(bad american manga movies= street fighter movies, Dragonball, and maybe nge when its coming out)

But as long as the story is true to the original and the acting is good and seems real I won't complain.
(And as long as it is not as much trash as german movies... and the cgi is not as crappy as the one that was used for ryuuk in dn)

btw. what are you guys afraid of? That people who don't know gantz will think its trash? Does this really matter?
If the movie is good? good
If the movie is bad? Who cares? That won't change the fact that the manga is great and I don't think many people besides the mangafans will watch this movie outside of Japan...

kaliayev
October 12, 2009, 07:02 AM
Ichi the Killer

Ichi the Killer was the best adaptation, in terms of manga, on that list of yours. Epiphany: we need to start a petition to replace Shinsuke SATO with Takashi Miike. The latter's style is so absurd that he might just be able to create a satisfying adaptation of Gantz.

Phyrox
October 12, 2009, 08:11 AM
Movies = Good
Comic Books = Good
Comic Book Movies = Great
Comic Book Movies with low budgets and crap actors = Bad
Relatively obscure manga movie with a low budget and a J-Pop star as the lead actor = Very bad.

I don't very high hopes for this movie. Either two things will happen:
The acting will totally suck but the action will more than make up for it or the Acting will suck and the action will suck as well.

The odds of this movies being both action packed AND well acted are slim. And I like Battle Royale a lot. It didn't follow the manga because it wasn't supposed to. The manga and movie both took on different interpretations on the original book.

I lol'd
First of all Ken'ichi Matsuyama is one of the best japanese Actors~

And you dont know if Kazunari Ninomiya does act good or bad.
J-pop stars are fuckin expensive as actors~ so it wont be a low budget movie ha ha. The studio is also fucking great!

Dont forget, gackt is an Jpop musician and hes also an awesome actor!
[He has a role in a hollywood film right now]

You dont know if Ninomiya Kazunari is a good or bad actor.
He acted in a Hollywood film! A Clint Eastwood movie.
so watch one of his films THEN say bad stuff about his acting!

odekam
October 13, 2009, 03:53 PM
I lol'd

And you dont know if Kazunari Ninomiya does act good or bad.
J-pop stars are fuckin expensive as actors~ so it wont be a low budget movie ha ha. The studio is also fucking great!

Well, Phyrox is right. And they'll spend a LOT of money:

Update 4: The project is budgeted at 4 billion yen (about US$45 million). Addressing the extremely violent nature of the movie, Ninomiya said, "I'm happy with just appearing in a work that I love so much! I'll try my very best to make everyone love it too!" Matsuyama said, "This work has so many original and bold points. I'm going to try to tackle the challenge of this new kind of movie."

Thank you to Diana Hy for this additional information.

Source: Zoom In!!

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2009-10-07/gantz-manga-being-adapted-into-live-action-film

Revilenigma
October 20, 2009, 01:08 PM
Ichi the Killer was the best adaptation, in terms of manga, on that list of yours. Epiphany: we need to start a petition to replace Shinsuke SATO with Takashi Miike. The latter's style is so absurd that he might just be able to create a satisfying adaptation of Gantz.

I'd rather see Gantz with realistic violence like oku tries to do. If you give it a tarantino style it might take away a lot of the horror and make the movie undesirably funny.

kaliayev
October 20, 2009, 01:24 PM
I'd rather see Gantz with realistic violence like oku tries to do. If you give it a tarantino style it might take away a lot of the horror and make the movie undesirably funny.

Right, like the scene where Kuwabara loses his penis.

teioh
October 21, 2009, 03:53 PM
Maybe Phyrox and Flay are the only ones here who know what they are talking about.
I red some many names in the staff that done a good job in manga-based movies like 20th Century Boys so don't be so arrogantly pedantic.
There will be a Gantz Movie. No, TWO Gantz Movies! We must to be happy about this.

And the two main actors acted well in the movies where they played (and they are physically perfect for Kei and Katoh especially that wanker-face of Kazunari Ninomiya, in Letters from Iwojima he has the same personality ok Kurono at the beggining of the manga).

Katastrophe
October 29, 2009, 02:01 PM
No, TWO Gantz Movies! We must to be happy about this.

I am actually disappointed.

The fact that a movie(or "TWO Gantz Movies!") will be released in 2011 indicates that the chances of a new anime series/OVA series being released before it will be very low.

And if the movie is a failure,the chances a anime/OVA series release in the next years will be even lower,even if the movie somehow miraculously isn't a failure the chances will be low.

They may have more budget than District 9,but its just too hard not to mess up when making a live action movie of this proportion.

aneon
December 21, 2009, 11:39 PM
Hi :)

I read Gantz as soon as the announcement of the movie came up and came to like it a lot. It's not perfect and sometimes too overbearing with the fanservice but the overall idea is excellent. I can even overlook how sometimes the drawing gone a bit off in proportion or how lame the dialogues were.

I love that they made Kurono to be an older and hopefully, wiser young man. That on it's own will cut half the time needed to be spent on Kei getting horny or having teenage angst.

Damura
December 23, 2009, 06:48 AM
^
Katastrophe should do a better job of that than age and wisdom.

aneon
December 23, 2009, 07:22 AM
^ What are you talking about? Katastrophe will be even better WITH age and wisdom.

With them changing the age I expect a lot of changes in the storyline including the absence of some of the favorite characters. From my sources it is confirmed Tae will be in the film but no word who'll be paying her yet.

Damura
December 24, 2009, 03:27 AM
^ What are you talking about? Katastrophe will be even better WITH age and wisdom.

With them changing the age I expect a lot of changes in the storyline including the absence of some of the favorite characters. From my sources it is confirmed Tae will be in the film but no word who'll be paying her yet.

Nah what I was trying to say was that the end of the world would be more affective than age and wisdom in getting Kei to stop having sex with things.
[hr]
"cut half the time needed to be spent on Kei getting horny or having teenage angst." ~ aneon

aneon
December 24, 2009, 02:42 PM
The wanking and classroom scenes are unnecessary imo, that was the crude meaning about cutting away the parts with "Kei getting horny and having teenage angst"

A new update on the movie. According to Nippon Cinema on their twitter, this is how Katou going to look like:
http://images.nipponcinema.com/gallery/gantz-still02.jpg
So what do you guys think?
source: http://twitter.com/NipponCinema

A_N_G_E_L
December 24, 2009, 09:22 PM
^ Doesn't even look remotely like Katou! Katou's mouth is different and he has more chin, I hope the actor doesn't keep his 5 o’clock shadow when he plays Katou. And I hope he is tall...
Also the guy that is going to play Kurono doesn't look like Kurono, I wonder how all the other characters are going to look like...
When the main characters are badly chosen the whole movie is going to suck! I'm sure the movies are much worse than the anime.XP

GAT-X252
December 24, 2009, 09:36 PM
http://images.nipponcinema.com/gallery/gantz-still01.jpg

Is that confirmed? i don't know but he looks fine to me, i hope he is all awkward but yet strong.

He doesn't look at all like Kato btw. LOL

Drmke
December 24, 2009, 09:52 PM
The actors not looking like the characters is not as big a deal to me as say if they act like the characters. I mean its not easy to find someone who can act and looks like a comic book character. Long as they pull off the performance and the graphics are good, I'll be happy with this movie...long as they don't pull a Dragonball: Evolution.......

aneon
December 24, 2009, 10:49 PM
^ Doesn't even look remotely like Katou! Katou's mouth is different and he has more chin, I hope the actor doesn't keep his 5 o’clock shadow when he plays Katou. And I hope he is tall...
Also the guy that is going to play Kurono doesn't look like Kurono, I wonder how all the other characters are going to look like...
When the main characters are badly chosen the whole movie is going to suck! I'm sure the movies are much worse than the anime.XP

I think he's tall enough. Matsuken was always hunched up as L in death Note but he stood tall as Krauser in Detroit Metal City (highly recommended guys! seriously the BEST anime/manga to live action movie). Acting wise the man has never disappointed me yet and I've watched a fair amount of movies and dramas with him as the lead. Acting in an live action adaptation is not cosplay, so a little bit differences here and there won't bother me much (I don't really care about Katou anyway...). He'll probably make me like Katou more than in the manga version but admittedly, manga Katou is handsomer. Maybe the hairstyle didn't suit Matsuken.

I like Ninomiya so thank God he's playing my favourite character. He's still filming Gantz but appeared a lot on TV lately. Here's a cap from a TV show aired 2 days ago http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/5356/67032098.jpg. It's not a picture from the set but this is probably the style Kurono going to be sporting throughout the movie. The extras have been really good at keeping mum on filming details. No word on the blacksuit yet.

GAT-X252, where did you get that Gantz ball picture?

GAT-X252
December 25, 2009, 12:07 AM
I got the picture from that twitter you posted. BTW are you sure they are confirmed?

aneon
December 25, 2009, 12:23 AM
I missed that one. LOL.
Nippon Cinema always a reliable source ... but usually there's an article that comes with it. I think more news will come out sooner or later since there's two pictures leaked. They still haven't revealed the other casts. I haven't checked the updates at the official site yet.

Katastrophe
December 29, 2009, 11:10 PM
I heard the movie will have it's own ending...wasn't expecting it to have much to do with the manga anyway, i just hope it's not trash or so bad that it's laughable.
@aneon
Do you think Gantz has chances of having a new anime version next decade?

aneon
December 30, 2009, 02:30 AM
^ I'm not sure bout that but its not impossible. It really depends on how Oku finishes the whole thing. I was not that impressed with the anime so I never finished it. They could do another anime movie based on the completed manga if there's still more interest. IF the movies are hits and the manga have a satisfying end, an animated movie might be possible in the next decade or so.

Tumerking
December 31, 2009, 12:10 AM
Yea I have to agree with aneon. It would be stupid for them not to re-make Gantz into an anime if the movies are a hit and the manga ends even somewhat nicely. Similar to America if something is a big hit in Japan they will milk it for all its worth.

Heres hoping the movie is a huge success

aneon
January 01, 2010, 08:37 AM
15 second teaser. 2011 peeps.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEaswd_YWD8

Ball
http://a3.vox.com/6a011015f527fc860b01240b8ccba3860e-pi

Probably some creeper fan shot this teaser on the filming set
http://a7.vox.com/6a011015f527fc860b0123f1903107860f-pi

Katou long hair and THE SUIT
http://a4.vox.com/6a011015f527fc860b01240b8ccba4860e-pi

KURONO!!!
http://a4.vox.com/6a011015f527fc860b0123dde6678c860c-pi

http://a6.vox.com/6a011015f527fc860b0123ddfa1c4e860d-pi

A_N_G_E_L
January 01, 2010, 12:03 PM
^ Thanks for link and pictures!!! But why did they also change the Gantz-room? Looks like a Ballet-lessons-room now(way too shiny, glossy and bright).:/

And if the movies will have their own endings I hope it doesn't fail like the Anime ending!

Aneon: I hope you are right, I haven't seen the Death Note-movie yet, but I have the feeling they bought him because of his name. I'm sure there are other good actors (that look more like Katou and Kurono XD)out there that could play in the Gantz-movies.
A name doesn't mean anything, there are movies with big names in it but it didn't save the movie itself from being crappy.

Seriously, so more I see and hear about the Gantz-movies so more I doubt that they will be good.:/

aneon
January 01, 2010, 12:31 PM
^ i have to disagree with you there. A good actor can make a movie work even if he doesn't look like what the fans or creator imagined a character should look like (eg: that Twilight guy or Tom Cruise as Lestat in interview of the vampire). I'm more of a movie fan than a manga fan so I don't really care if the cast look EXACTLY like the characters or not. Like I said before, a movie is not cosplay. Why bother worrying about his chin or hair... At least they are not played by some pathetic Caucasian actors like DB. YUCK.

Aside from being popular, both actors are well known to be great actors. I rather have experienced actors being cast than some lousy Katou and Kurono look alike. Having a popular cast will bring more good to the Gantz franchise. More people will want to watch or read it because of Matsuken and Nino and maybe someday, Gantz will have the kick-ass anime version the fans dream of.

I think the movie will have a different perspective altogether. To be honest, I prefer a more mature Gantz than Oku's pubescent view.

A_N_G_E_L
January 02, 2010, 12:00 PM
^ I agree, but then it is not only because of the actors, if the storyline sucks and the scrips are bad then even the best actor can't help to make a movie good.
And I'm not talking about that they should look exactly like the characters of the manga(because it is impossible), but I find that these two don't really look like the characters of the manga.

I also hope that the movies attract more readers, but since they chose actors who also played in movies that seem to have a big number of Fangirls(Fangirl: "OMG! The actor that played L from Death Note is in it! I have to watch it!!!"), I'm afraid that the movies are going to be too soft, maybe even sugary and not really Gantz-like.

I'm more into the Manga and Comics so I care how the characters in it look like. I'm going to watch the movies even if they seem bad because I'm curious about a different way of storytelling.=)

aneon
January 02, 2010, 09:01 PM
And I'm not talking about that they should look exactly like the characters of the manga(because it is impossible), but I find that these two don't really look like the characters of the manga.

Katou: tall, great physique, intense eyes, strong chin, combed back long oily hair, good looking
Matsuyama Kenichi:
- Height: 180cm
- A bit scrawny but I've seen him in Kamui and he has good muscle tone
Nice collarbone too:
http://images.nipponcinema.com/gallery/kamui-production-still02.jpghttp://images.nipponcinema.com/gallery/kamui-production-still02.jpg
- Intense eyes:
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_kH4miu414y4/SANdsnpuRNI/AAAAAAAAAvY/0jmp1IuOD7E/s320/Matsuyama_Kenichi.jpg
- Strong chin:
http://iva-53.blog.friendster.com/files/matsuyama-kenichi-picture-2-214x300.jpg
- Combed back, long oily hair: the stylist can fix that.
- Good looking http://www.asianfilmawards.org/2009/photo/nomination/Detroit%20Metal%20City_MATSUYAMA%20Kenichi01.jpg

I never associate Death Note with the ZOMG!!111fangirls!!! before... L is cute but Death Note is pretty much friendly for every demographic and not made for the fangirls eyes only. Matsuken might have his share of rabid fangirls after L but he's known as a serious actor not an idol. On the other hand, the wanker face Ninomiya is an idol. Probably the studio picked him as a scapegoat so they'd have a reason to make a friendlier version of Gantz thus it will be available to general audience and make more money. With Nino as Kurono, Gantz might lose some screen time on boobies and blood but I don't think they'll cut it all out. I'm pretty optimistic about how this movie going to turn out simply because they cast TWO established actors as the lead and the amount of money spent.

Crude
January 02, 2010, 09:41 PM
I think they picked the right actors for the movie. Matsuyama can play a plethora of different roles, from serious to happy-go-lucky. Ninomiya was actually pretty good in Letters From Iwo Jima, even the critics agree on that.

aneon
January 04, 2010, 07:00 AM
^Correct. Ninomiya won the hearts of a lot of big wigs Hollywood critics with Letters From Iwo Jima. That's saying a lot since they were not influenced by his idol status or whatever. It's only fair that I put a picture of him in this thread too for the sake of comparison.

http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/845/cum2.jpg
This was taken in 2009 and the kid is 26. You can kind of imagine him greeting Reika with this picture.
[hr]
More news rumors on the cast. Yoshitaka Yuriko (http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Yoshitaka_Yuriko) is in but I don't know who she's playing.
Here some pictures of her:
http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/7715/g01oc3.jpg
http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/9572/g03mj7.jpg
http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/4250/g06vl3.jpg
http://img2.ak.crunchyroll.com/i/spire4/2be12553abb3de46129b7f3a597b86a31252395357_full.jpg

http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/3856/g07ss9.jpg
She's the IT girl for 2009. So who do you guys think she's going to play?
I'll be watching out for more news on this so stay tune.

Revilenigma
January 04, 2010, 08:29 AM

I say Tae.

Pantsutastic
January 04, 2010, 08:45 AM

Sadayo "Sadako" Suzumura or Reika Shimohira based on appearance

aneon
January 05, 2010, 01:16 AM
@Revilenigma: If she's Tae, I'll read all the Tae parts again and probably fell for her. She would make a great Tae-chan.

@Pantsutastic: I'm crossing my fingers for Naka Riisa as Reika. One more superb casting if the manga gods grant me my wish. She's gorgeous. Quirky Yuriko-chan can pull off Sadako too but I doubt Sadako will be in the movie.

Phyrox
January 05, 2010, 01:55 AM
^Correct. Ninomiya won the hearts of a lot of big wigs Hollywood critics with Letters From Iwo Jima. That's saying a lot since they were not influenced by his idol status or whatever. It's only fair that I put a picture of him in this thread too for the sake of comparison.

http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/845/cum2.jpg
This was taken in 2009 and the kid is 26. You can kind of imagine him greeting Reika with this picture.
<hr noshade size="1">
More news rumors on the cast. Yoshitaka Yuriko (http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Yoshitaka_Yuriko) is in but I don't know who she's playing.
Here some pictures of her:
http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/7715/g01oc3.jpg
http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/9572/g03mj7.jpg
http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/4250/g06vl3.jpg
http://img2.ak.crunchyroll.com/i/spire4/2be12553abb3de46129b7f3a597b86a31252395357_full.jpg

She´s going to play Tae, for sure!

Soul Devourer
January 05, 2010, 05:22 AM
I hope they get some busty chicks like Hitomi Tanaka to play the role of Rieka, Kishimoto, and Sei Sakura Oka.
http://i457.photobucket.com/albums/qq295/Cobain1991/Japanese/Hitomi%20Tanaka/789c2d44.jpg
[hr]
Mostly I was hoping that the Gantz movie would have:

-Good actors
-Huge boobed porn stars to play their respectful roles (and duties LOL)
-Great Effects like in "The Matrix" and "Transformers"
-Gore
-Some of the most badass parts from the manga.

But I figured it'd be a little too good to be true.
They'd probably tone it down...a lot.

As long as they successfully deliver a whole anime I'll be satisfied.

warbandit66
January 05, 2010, 10:48 AM
Is it bad that I know who that is?

I don't want gravure models in the gantz film or even overblown idols. Gantz would gain a larger audience yes, but it would be just like Twilight. Is that what everybody wants?

Soul Devourer
January 05, 2010, 12:43 PM
i don't figure how it would necessarily be just like Twilight,
but they might be able to make the model thing work without softening the story.
I mostly just see the budget and general audience stopping that.

warbandit66
January 05, 2010, 03:04 PM
i don't figure how it would necessarily be just like Twilight,
but they might be able to make the model thing work without softening the story.
I mostly just see the budget and general audience stopping that.

I find it hard to take films that cast models who are very low on talent seriously at all. It just seems whorish.

Soul Devourer
January 05, 2010, 03:34 PM
I see.
Well hopefully they'll be able to get both looks and talent.

warbandit66
January 05, 2010, 04:25 PM
I really hope so... but casting directors do hold beauty in higher regard than talent in most cases.

aneon
January 06, 2010, 03:01 AM
I don't want gravure models in the gantz film or even overblown idols. Gantz would gain a larger audience yes, but it would be just like Twilight. Is that what everybody wants?
Gantz core story is way too heavy to become as fluffy as Twilight but I do think it'll be too campy if the females were acted by gravure models. They need to balance out the acting talents of both leading men with legit actresses. So far the casts (and the rumored Tae-chan) are strong actors.

We just have to cross our fingers they will have amazing effects and GORE.
I just don't have a clue how they are going to fit all my favorite fighting scenes in only 2 movies. It seems like there'll be the Osaka arc from the filming schedule leaked. I hated the Osaka arc :darn: The olden Japanese ghosts were cool though.

Soul Devourer
January 06, 2010, 05:09 AM
LOL It's funny,
Oku Hiroya seems to adore women with large breasts;
I'd expect him to be happy as hell to see some busty porn chicks successfully acting out his manga!
You think he'd try to make it happen more than any of us.

Man...I'd sure love to meet him,
we'd have some interesting conversations.

102jayday
January 06, 2010, 05:55 AM
^
I think Oku would want people who can act and give the movie a good rep to have person get interested in reading the manga who have not.
The thing is they need talent more that looks because gantz the manga, they all act realistic so why too in the movie.

Mr.Aaron
January 06, 2010, 04:48 PM
The 20th century boys movie turned out to boost sales for the manga, even after the serialization had finished. I can imagine that it would do at least that for Oku. It might even make it more mainstream.

Oh my god. Please tell me that picture is shopped... The busty girl one.
I'd rather see a realistic looking girl, but I realize that this is Gantz.

Soul Devourer
January 06, 2010, 06:18 PM
^
I think Oku would want people who can act and give the movie a good rep to have person get interested in reading the manga who have not.
The thing is they need talent more that looks because gantz the manga, they all act realistic so why too in the movie.

Yeah I think so too,
but on the other hand I bet he'd try to see what those busty girls can do lol.
I'd love to see them successfully deliver everything they could from the manga into live action. (more into anime than anything although)

Oh my god. Please tell me that picture is shopped... The busty girl one.
I'd rather see a realistic looking girl, but I realize that this is Gantz.

LOL Nope, that's just how she's built.

Mr.Aaron
January 06, 2010, 06:24 PM
Ah man...

Poor girl...

x_x;

aneon
January 06, 2010, 09:53 PM
She does look like in danger of toppling over...

Another busty star that might be the perfect match to be Reika
I present to you, Ayase Haruka.
http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/8132/tumblrkrg6vfjr7m1qzx5r3.jpg
One hella' actress. I would love to see her suited.
If she's picked, we'll have some sort of a dream cast assembled.

Do you think they'll include Kishimoto? I can live without her.

The 20th century boys movie turned out to boost sales for the manga, even after the serialization had finished. I can imagine that it would do at least that for Oku. It might even make it more mainstream.

Here's a quote from MTV Splashpage (http://splashpage.mtv.com/2010/01/06/first-gantz-trailer-reveals-spooky-black-sphere-and-suited-stars/):
"The series of films are rumored for Spring and Winter 2011 releases in Japan. At this time there's no word on official English or other language localizations."
Are they hinting there should be a dubbed version for international release? I'd rather read subtitles than dubbing. If they want to do an English version, Hollywood should do their own Gantz.

lolnameless
January 07, 2010, 04:59 AM
Ah man...

Poor girl...

x_x;

sad but true:(

girls in gantz are supposed to have huge tits

aneon
January 07, 2010, 08:29 AM
brand new official site
http://www.gantz-movie.com/

warbandit66
January 07, 2010, 04:23 PM
I really hope Super Shooter is included in the film's soundtrack in some way, shape or form, be it a remix or the original version.

Mr.Aaron
January 07, 2010, 05:56 PM
I agree. I like Super Shooter. It fit well with Gantz.

Is she a Porn star or something? God, I feel really bad if she was born that way...

digitaldude
January 08, 2010, 07:49 AM
I really hope Super Shooter is included in the film's soundtrack in some way, shape or form, be it a remix or the original version.

The full song is like 5 minutes long, so I think it would go well in the credits.

and who is gonna play gantz man, Vin Diesel maybe...

warbandit66
January 08, 2010, 10:40 AM
I agree. I like Super Shooter. It fit well with Gantz.

Is she a Porn star or something? God, I feel really bad if she was born that way...

Her name is Hitomi Tanaka and you shouldn't feel bad for her she's formed a career around those things.

Tumerking
January 09, 2010, 02:50 PM
@aneon: Ayase Haruka seems perfect for the role. From what you say she's a good actress and from what I see she's got all the right parts needed to play Reika

And I think Kishimoto will be in the movie. She was pretty much the source of Kei's character developement early on and the death of a fan service character helped make Gantz what it is today.

Soul Devourer
January 14, 2010, 02:22 AM
I think that Ayase Haruka is a bit noticable,
but not busty enough to be one of Oku's girls if you know what I mean.
If we had to choose between her potentially good acting and a porn star's potential failed delivery,
I'd go with that Haruka girl...(but then again~>:})

warbandit66
January 14, 2010, 01:20 PM
It's not even a viable option to have a Japanese porn 'actress' appear in a feature length movie, they don't even look comfortable in front of the camera.

Tumerking
January 14, 2010, 02:01 PM
Having a porn star play a major role in a Japanese film is like having a porn star play a major role in an American film. It just doesn't happen.

aneon
January 14, 2010, 09:26 PM
They call em' AV stars in Japan (Adult Video). The soft porn, ample bosoms in bikini models are called gravure idols. Try google for Ayase Haruka images and you'll find lots of pictures during her gravure days.

new on site pictures of Kurono Kei subway station scene:
http://popgames.pop.com.br/popentretenimento/gantzlive/gantzlive.jpg
Found it here http://www.pop.com.br/popnews/noticias/entretenimento/306209.html

So anyone living in Osaka? They are filming there now.

---------------------

New: the kid, Nino gave out more filming details during his (Arashi) concert last night. He has been fighting aliens for 5 days straight. There were Negi and Tanaka aliens and lots of blood. He promised to fight with all his might. The kid is an idol so thanks to the fangirls who reported.

GAT-X252
January 18, 2010, 09:46 PM
Nishi & Tae actors would be revealed in the young jump #9 according to the chapter 311.

Drmke
January 18, 2010, 09:54 PM
That actor actually looks like Kurono quite a bit. I'm surprised. When is this movie supposed to be finished?

aneon
January 19, 2010, 02:09 AM
I hope Yuriko is Tae and NOT Kishimoto. Tae over Kishimoto any day.

@Drmke: The similarity is awesome. The hair looks almost the same like in Tumerking's signature. I'm one of those who picked up Gantz knowing he'd gotten the leading role. The filming for Gantz part 1 is suppose to be over by end of February. Now they are filming the stunt related scenes. I think they'll shoot Gantz part 2 by the end of Autumn this year because Nino will be busy with another manga movie. EDIT: First part will go onscreen around early 2011 most probably in January.

What do you guys think if Hollywood approached Oku to do International Gantz movie/s after the Gantz Japan?

There'll be more magazine coverage on Gantz coming up so those interested, keep watching this thread.

Tumerking
January 19, 2010, 03:26 AM
You know they're releasing an American made death note movie in 2011? Maybe a Hollywood Gantz movie isn't too far fetched after all.

aneon
January 19, 2010, 11:01 AM
From CUT magazine

http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/4528/gball.jpg

Mr.Aaron
January 19, 2010, 07:21 PM
Zach Effron and Robert Pattinson confirmed for the leading roles?

Oh god no. Please tell me that's just a rumor.

Darkmeteorix
January 19, 2010, 08:17 PM
From CUT magazine

http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/4528/gball.jpg

WOW! The Black Sphere

aneon
January 21, 2010, 01:26 AM
Look what I found..

http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/8661/keikato.jpg

The ball look smaller than in the video teaser.

warbandit66
January 21, 2010, 01:27 PM
BWHAHAHA! Whos gonna play L?

Robert Pattinson will play L (naturally) and Light will be played by Effron. It's the only way to stir mass hysteria amongst teen girls and ensure that the film is a box office success.

Those pictures look really good, although I personally would have appreciated a more liberal application of hair wax to the actor playing Katou. His follicles should be as smooth as humanly possible no matter what the situation.

Soul Devourer
January 21, 2010, 04:11 PM
What do you guys think if Hollywood approached Oku to do International Gantz movie/s after the Gantz Japan?

That'd be badass,
I'd anticipate that this would help complete the realism of the story if not only America, but other countries contributed to this great story.

LOL Gantz could help in creating world peace.

Sollum
January 21, 2010, 05:22 PM
The actor that plays Katou is way cooler than what we have in manga =?

Anyways, by the pic i asume that we will have "Alternative Dimension" case in this movie.

Did they announce whats the genre of the movie? I hope its Horror/Drama/Gore, then everyone dies!

I can imagine it, in the end everyone dies in horrorous and bloody way, apart Nishi, screen goes black, next evening Gantz room, people teleport in, see Nishi and ask him:
-Where are we?
-Welcome! This is TV Show! *evil grin*
*screen goes black*

MUAHAHAHAHAHA *cough* that would be, what i call Happy Ending

aneon
January 23, 2010, 02:36 AM
I'm spoiling you guys with my findings

http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/2056/moviepia4.jpg

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/7130/moviepia3.jpg
I see no Kishimoto yet but Kato is without his jacket. Maybe all of them are looking at Kishimoto after she put on her suit.

Damura
January 23, 2010, 03:40 AM
Wonder if it's going to be censored... I for one, hope not. Anyone else have any other opinions about what should be shown in terms of violence and nudity/sex?

kaliayev
January 23, 2010, 08:24 AM
Light will be played by Effron.

While I absolutely hate what Effron is a symbol of, I can see that working (at least, better than I can imagine him portraying Sousuke Sagara). They have similar appearances, and Effron does strike me as an arrogant douche whenever I look at him.

@aneon
Where's Nishi?

Sigh, I knew the guns would end up looking comical. Oh well.

aneon
January 23, 2010, 09:40 AM
^I'm neutral about Effron or any picks for Kira. Pretty much anybody who can act and is pretty goes. The tricky one would be the casting for L. I'm actually hoping for a Japanese actor who can speak English beautifully as L. Someone like Shota Matsuda (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POUUMsz8a5I).

kaliayev: he's there but not in the picture. Nishi and Tae are fan favorites so they are hiding them until the next JUMP issue so we'll go crazy over them. (i'm betting Tae is Yoshitaka Yuriko though)

Shiny plastic. As long as it shoots great...

@Damura: I'm hoping they'll stick with R18+ or at least R15+

A_N_G_E_L
January 23, 2010, 11:40 AM
I can imagine that Kishimoto will wear something(Underwear, a towel, or just a long T-shirt), even if it would be an american movie it would be hard to do scenes like that. I don't expect that the Gantz-movies will be as crazy and good as the Manga.

Kurono looks fine, looks like Kurono but what did they do to Katou's famous hairdo? It's okay when the change something in the background or a little bit on the story but it sucks when they alter a (main)character!:(

I really wonder what Oku thinks, since he is a big movie-fanatic. If someone would do that to my characters I would get mad!:(

Damura
January 23, 2010, 09:11 PM
I want to see who they pick for Kaze.

Tumerking
January 23, 2010, 11:01 PM
I honestly don't mind how the characters look physically unless it played an important part in the manga. Katou's hair, for example, wasn't all that important to the plot so I don't really think it matters if they modify that. Although Kishimoto's big boobs did affect the plot because it showed how Kurono was a shallow dick and looks were all he cared about.

As far as those pictures go i'm pretty pleased.

aneon
January 24, 2010, 02:08 PM
The official site has been updated and Gantz said they'll be announcing the whole cast tomorrow. I'll edit this post with the names later.

GAT-X252
January 24, 2010, 05:10 PM
It's confirmed.

Tae is Yoshikata Yuriko.

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/9920/vlgeino007757.jpg (http://img4.imageshack.us/i/vlgeino007757.jpg/)

Drmke
January 24, 2010, 05:15 PM
Wow, whoever is casting this movie is doing a great job. She looks a lot like Tae.

aneon
January 24, 2010, 05:18 PM
You're fast!
No words on Nishi or the other cast yet but I'm very happy its Yuriko for Tae. She's gorgeous more so than Tae in manga. Some of the news reported that Tae and Kei are classmates in the same University.

Darkmeteorix
January 24, 2010, 07:12 PM
WOW!! thax for the news, and Yuriko really looks like tae.

sir_arles
January 24, 2010, 07:14 PM
So far, so good. I'm really looking forward to this project! =D

Tumerking
January 24, 2010, 10:10 PM
Haha, identical much? Cute, but not hawt. Perfect in terms of looks.

But besides Kurono and Katou, Tae has the most demanding role in terms of acting so I hope she's just as good at acting like Tae as she is at looking like her.

aneon
January 24, 2010, 11:03 PM
^ I disagree. She's hot AND cute. She's also quirky and lovable. I like her very much.
Yuriko has won awards before for her acting and she is daring too for such a young actress. She went nude for "Snakes and Earrings" but I hadn't found the movie streamed online yet.

Found a clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UreacL3O2tc

http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/5585/54400789.jpg

warbandit66
January 24, 2010, 11:30 PM
Really good casting director on this film. It was mentioned that Kei and Tae are at University together but that's just not in keeping with his character, Kei just wouldn't go to university and even if he wanted to I doubt he'd have the appropriate qualifications to gain entry.

aneon
January 25, 2010, 03:40 AM
They are making him smarter. Its easier to explain a university student living on his own than a 15 year old boy who irresponsibly had sex with his innocent-like-baby classmate after school.

If the fans are waiting for a true to the original live action movie, they're in for a big let down. Not saying its not possible but directors and writers like to mess up with the material for the sake of originality and getting greedy over the target audience. That doesn't mean it's guaranteed to be a failure but I do hope they'll keep a lot of gore and a little sex.

Lets hope this'll make it big so they might want to continue with the anime.

GAT-X252
January 25, 2010, 09:37 AM
Hongo Kanata confirmed for Nishi.

http://g.imagehost.org/t/0396/Scan_002.jpg (http://g.imagehost.org/view/0396/Scan_002)

Thanks to Heiji from Raw Paradise

aneon
January 25, 2010, 10:29 AM
NOOOOO! Not him! I like him. Damn. Wtf Nishi going to be loved.
GAT-san, I can't see what's under the spoiler. Can you fix it or post a link?

They are going all out on the cast.

GAT-X252
January 25, 2010, 01:38 PM
It seems in the next number they are going to present the actress who is going to play Kishimoto wearing the gantz suit.

Mr.Aaron
January 25, 2010, 03:15 PM
That girl almost seems too cute to play Tae. haha. But I like how the actors seem to like their roles.

Also, Nishi seems to have a good look on his face there. : ) I hope they do katou and Nishi justice. they are my favorites after all.

Also, Japanese films do an extremely good job of having the cast look almost identical to the characters. look at 20th Century Boys. Most of the characters look like Urasawa himself drew them.

Tumerking
January 25, 2010, 03:38 PM
Nishi is perfect! I would say that all we have left to see is Kishimoto, but I don't know weather or not the dino mission crew (Kaze, Reika, Pshychics, etc.) are going to be in the movies. Have they been confirmed yet?

cassaruby
January 25, 2010, 05:21 PM
that casting video w/ Tae and Kurono had Kurono in the Dino mission puffy jacket and the back ground to it looks similar.

Tae is too tall, they should hobbitize her. She's more like a Reika looking Tae.

Drmke
January 25, 2010, 05:37 PM
I like the guy playing Nishi. I could see him being all psychotic. Really curious as to who they will get to play Kishimoto.

tjkubo
January 25, 2010, 07:23 PM
I really hope Hongo plays Nishi well. I don't care about the others so much.

aneon
January 25, 2010, 09:04 PM
That girl almost seems too cute to play Tae. haha. But I like how the actors seem to like their roles.

Also, Nishi seems to have a good look on his face there. : ) I hope they do katou and Nishi justice. they are my favorites after all.

Also, Japanese films do an extremely good job of having the cast look almost identical to the characters. look at 20th Century Boys. Most of the characters look like Urasawa himself drew them.
What's your opinion on 20th Century Boys? I have no interest to see it but from what I heard its a good adaptation. The writer is in charge of writing the script for Gantz and I'm sort of worried if he has no guts for Gantz's gore and sex.

Edit: I really wanted to know if there's any monsters or violence in 20th Century boys. it could give some indication on what to expect for Gantz.

Drmke
January 25, 2010, 09:11 PM
Let's not start getting off topic...keep the conversation about the Gantz movie, not 20th Century Boys.

aneon
January 25, 2010, 09:25 PM
Ah sorry bout that. I wanted to get into the writers head :P

Getting back to topic, the only aliens rumored for now are Negi and Tanaka. Yuriko going to to do wire stunts for Gantz part 1 (chibi aliens?) and some stuntman blogged both Kato and Kei had rooftop scenes. I think they are pushing Tae earlier into the story.

I would love it if they used puppetry instead of just cg

Drmke
January 25, 2010, 09:29 PM
I would love it if they used puppetry instead of just cg

I would agree with you if they could pull that off well. So many movies that use puppetry pull it off very poorly. Most bug budget movies use CG I guess because its easier to appear realistic than to risk using poorly done puppetry.

aneon
January 25, 2010, 09:38 PM
^but what about the slime and blood? I don't know how they could incorporate the wet stuff and make it realistic without some puppets slobbering all over the actors.

Drmke
January 25, 2010, 09:43 PM
^but what about the slime and blood? I don't know how they could incorporate the wet stuff and make it realistic without some puppets slobbering all over the actors.

CG the actors as well. Dunno if they are doing this but tons of movies have started it, and if they have a sufficient enough budget, they can easily make it all look real and fit together without looking obviously fake.

aneon
January 25, 2010, 10:08 PM
I'm wishing for something like Cuaron's Pan's Labyrinth. They used animatronics but that would probably cost a bomb. They are already spending so much on the cast (the assembled cast are made up of Japan A-listers) and all these early promotions. The cost might double if they are using gadgetry. I hope they'd get more funding so we'll get some cool gross looking aliens.

Edit: I found some translations that said... Tae is an aspiring mangaka and Kei is her muse. LOL. This sounds like she's turning into Takeshi with his MuscleRider. Tae has a MidgetRider (I like the guy but he is small LOL).

Crude
January 25, 2010, 10:27 PM
I'm really liking the casting of the movie. Can't wait to see Kishimoto! It'd be cool to see Izumi as well.

chesuto
January 27, 2010, 09:20 AM
Hi...obviously im new here...juz wanna update GANTz

映画●【GANTZ:2011】● Movie Cast/Characters
Pictorial chart of movie cast against there characters in GANTZ~!

http://img188.imageshack.us/img188/6531/gantzmoviecast.jpg

Credit to Arashinino

Sollum
January 27, 2010, 09:59 AM
I want a real panda :(

Whos the guy third from the top in first line? is that Akira?

aneon
January 27, 2010, 10:09 AM
There'll be a big news release tomorrow according to the website so is that chart it?
Sure felt like a joke... old lady Hosoki as the Big Buddha alien? A joke for sure. Is that Nagase Tomoya as Izumi? I want to see that happening. Nakama Yukie as Sadako? You got to be kidding me... she wouldn't take such an unimportant role.

This is just a fan made chart. Nice try though.

GAT-X252
January 27, 2010, 10:46 AM
Remember tomorrow is the official announcement of Nishi's actor along the official release of the Young Jump #9.

I bet the "big news" on the website are Nishi being played by Hongo, but we know that already don't we? but i expect new pics tomorrow.

That chart is fan made lol, it was made on 2ch if i'm not mistaking.

chesuto
January 27, 2010, 11:04 AM
Yup its a fanmade lol:amuse

kaliayev
January 27, 2010, 11:08 AM
I want a real panda :(

I demand both a trained panda and a woman wearing both a gantz suit and a panda costume.

The real question is which missions will the director choose to cover or rather, which aliens wouldn't be problematic when translated to cg/live action (i.e. I can't imagine the director using the ring aliens). Due to the need to compress events, and possible problems from using Tanaka's image, I imagine the director will ignore the Tanaka mission and have Nishi die during the first mission, while he's off-duty, or during the purge.

aneon
January 27, 2010, 11:20 AM
I'll be totally bummed out if there's no Tanaka aliens. Kurono fought the boss without a suit and it was epic. Ninomiya hinted there'll be Tanaka aliens but don't take my word for it coz I myself don't truly trust random concert reports.
Nishi's excellent death scene was one of my favorite moments along with him getting dismembered by the aliens. Can't wait to see him crying for his mommy.

All the aliens are mind-blowingly difficult to bring to live. I don't really like the Dinos, Chibi and Negi aliens much but they are probably the easiest to bring to live on screen. Ring aliens? Is it the one with the Buddha? The Lord of the Rings aliens! They'll drop it for sure.

staytough
January 27, 2010, 11:27 AM
I demand both a trained panda and a woman wearing both a gantz suit and a panda costume.

The real question is which missions will the director choose to cover or rather, which aliens wouldn't be problematic when translated to cg/live action (i.e. I can't imagine the director using the ring aliens). Due to the need to compress events, and possible problems from using Tanaka's image, I imagine the director will ignore the Tanaka mission and have Nishi die during the first mission, while he's off-duty, or during the purge.

The onion and tanaka mission can easily be merged without losing much from the original feeling (okay, I would miss Nishis speech before the Tanaka Mission, and without his speech his death wouldn't produce as much impact as in the manga)
He just has to replace the mafiosis with the punks and bring Hojo and the stalker.

Hopefully the movie ends after the freezer Mission and with Izumi asking about the black balls room.

Tumerking
January 27, 2010, 01:21 PM
Since it seems they're doing things out of order (since Tae is in the first movie) then I honestly have no idea how far they're going to get in the manga. They might not even follow it at all. It could all be completely different except for the first mission (I really don't see them changing that).

GAT-X252
January 27, 2010, 06:39 PM
New Pic of Kanata as Nishi.

http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/9645/nishisuit.jpg

Creepy dude.

Tumerking
January 27, 2010, 06:41 PM
Is it just me or do those shoes look really weird/gigantic?

chesuto
January 27, 2010, 06:56 PM
^^^Kakkoi Nishiiiii...If i remember correctly he looks like Ryoma Echizen of Prince of Tennis live action movie ne.

kaliayev
January 27, 2010, 10:03 PM
Is it just me or do those shoes look really weird/gigantic?

It's just you. *prepares to spend in excess of $150 for a pair of the ugliest boots since the uggs*

@Gat
Creepy, but not Nishi creepy. That guy doesn't project an aura that implies he likes to kill cats and dogs in his spare time.

Sollum
January 28, 2010, 06:06 AM
He doesn't have a sinister look on his face :(

Mishimoto
January 28, 2010, 11:46 AM
He isnt ugly enough.

http://read.mangashare.com/Gantz/chapter-018/page001.html

igotthegoods
January 28, 2010, 04:21 PM
He isnt ugly enough.

http://read.mangashare.com/Gantz/chapter-018/page001.html

Actually, I think the resemblance is pretty good compared to the newer bishie-style Nishi: http://read.mangashare.com/Gantz/chapter-287/page002.html

Agree with kalia, though. He's creepy-looking, but I'm not sure I buy him as a complete psychopath from this picture alone.

aneon
January 28, 2010, 09:11 PM
He isnt ugly enough.

http://read.mangashare.com/Gantz/cha...8/page001.html
Actually, I think the resemblance is pretty good compared to the newer bishie-style Nishi: http://read.mangashare.com/Gantz/chapter-287/page002.html

Agree with kalia, though. He's creepy-looking, but I'm not sure I buy him as a complete psychopath from this picture alone.
LOL the comparison. He was ugly but turned pretty because people can't get enough of the psychopath.

The kid is an ok actor from what I've seen so I hope he'll make me hate Nishi like I should.

GAT-X252
January 29, 2010, 09:47 PM
http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/5176/371350.jpg

Kishimoto Actress revealed (upper right corner), she is Watanabe Natsuna

Drmke
January 29, 2010, 11:41 PM
She better color her hair!!! Other than that, not a bad choice. Though her bosoms are not quite Kishimoto level. That is actually important in Gantz so hopefully they do something about that :p

chesuto
January 30, 2010, 07:08 AM
^ don't know her:facepalm, looks like she was chosen coz their hair is somewhat similar though.

Skittles
January 30, 2010, 04:58 PM
Yūsuke Watanabe writing the script? And Takahiro Sato as producer? Hype level went up :D. Although, wish they could of had an american company do the cg. D:

aneon
January 30, 2010, 09:42 PM
Its ironic for a country known for being high-tech, Japan CG work in their own movies are really not impressive.

Previously it was indicated they'll be releasing the first part in winter 2011 (January) but they're stalling it to be released in Spring 2011. Crossing my fingers for excellent sfx

GAT-X252
February 01, 2010, 11:00 AM
http://a.imagehost.org/t/0171/Sans_titre-1.jpg (http://a.imagehost.org/view/0171/Sans_titre-1)

Thanks to Heiji Sama as always for the scan.

A_N_G_E_L
February 01, 2010, 12:26 PM
The actress is really cute, (she only need bigger breasts XD)I like her!:) I actually like that version of the suit(but I hate the shoes!), but still why do they alter so much?

kaliayev
February 01, 2010, 02:40 PM
Yeah, she does look cute in gantz gear. However, based on her pic, the suits seem to have a slight excess of breathing room. They need to be cat suit tight, darnit.

...Where's the x-ray viewer on the x-gun?

aneon
February 01, 2010, 06:23 PM
Confirmed. Natsuna will be appearing naked.
Girl got guts and beat other 300 actresses in the audition for Kishimoto.

sir_arles
February 01, 2010, 06:30 PM
Confirmed. Natsuna will be appearing naked.
Girl got guts and beat other 300 actresses in the audition for Kishimoto.

Do you have the source of that information? :)

aneon
February 01, 2010, 06:49 PM
^ Sorry no pictures just a news article
http://www.ntv.co.jp/zoomin/enta_news/news_1610240.html
Translated with google:
"The first day of filming, the scene was suddenly appearing naked in front of Matsuyama and Ninomiya..." The actress boldly said she wasn't nervous at all filming the scene and she's happy to be in the production.

Hope it won't end up being cut. If they are going for the naked, I'm sure this won't be for general viewing.

Darkmeteorix
February 01, 2010, 08:24 PM
http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/8207/kishimoto01.th.jpg (http://img30.imageshack.us/i/kishimoto01.jpg/)

more or less... ;)

jide
February 01, 2010, 08:33 PM
If they sell those suits in a store I’m soo going to buy one!
still no y-gun! :T

chesuto
February 01, 2010, 08:46 PM
http://a4.vox.com/6a011015f527fc860b0123ddf5f6ec860c-pi
i like how she is naked as expected...yatta! i thought they will censored

Tumerking
February 01, 2010, 09:24 PM
hahaha. The look on his face is perfect.

@jide: I haven't gone back to look, but i'm pretty sure they had Nishi pictured holding a Y-gun.

GAT-X252
February 01, 2010, 10:20 PM

Site updated, many actors have been revealed, but only three have confirmed names for their characters.

Tomorowo Taguchi / Yoshikazu Suzuki

Shunya Shiraishi / Sakurai Hiroto

Chisaka Kensuke / Ayumu Kato

Komatu Toshimasa/ ?

Motoki Ochiai/ ?

Kobayashi Kazuhide / ?

Chieko Hichikawa / ?

Haruna Shuya / ?

Merii / ?

Furusawa Yusuke / ?

Donpei Tsuchihira / ?

Yuuko Genkaku / ?

Ryūya Wakaba / ?

aneon
February 01, 2010, 11:18 PM
Here the news on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJvsaWIDQPk
New footages with Kishimoto in the Gantz room

Sollum
February 02, 2010, 05:20 AM
Imho suits suck =/

Suit material should be tight and look something like latex, but instead they give us Power Ranger suits =/

On the other hand, i wonder what man could wear latex tight suit...

GAT-X252
February 02, 2010, 06:25 AM
http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/1641/wwwdotuporg615468.jpg

Nothing new, just a bigger pic of Natsuna naked while floating.

teioh
February 02, 2010, 07:30 AM
Imho suits suck =/

Suit material should be tight and look something like latex, but instead they give us Power Ranger suits =/

Well even in the X-men trilogy they replace typical super-hero suits with leather or something similar more modern and fashionable suit.

Not a problem for that trilogy, not a problem for this movie.

Sollum
February 02, 2010, 06:18 PM
Well even in the X-men trilogy they replace typical super-hero suits with leather or something similar more modern and fashionable suit.

Not a problem for that trilogy, not a problem for this movie.

Well X-Man suits must have been good, so good that i havent noticed a difference :D

But with Gantz... hmmm, i understand that its near imposible to make such suits in real life, but whats up with zipper =? And that "upper armor" seems strange =?

Ill add a pick of things that look strange on the suit

http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/4764/suitrm.png

And i wonder if its my eyes failing me or weapons look like made out of plastic =| But its to soon to worry about such things, maybe CG will add metalic "tone" to weapons

sir_arles
February 02, 2010, 09:09 PM

Site updated, many actors have been revealed, but only three have confirmed names for their characters.

Tomorowo Taguchi / Yoshikazu Suzuki

Shunya Shiraishi / Sakurai Hiroto

Chisaka Kensuke / Ayumu Kato

Komatu Toshimasa/ ?

Motoki Ochiai/ ?

Kobayashi Kazuhide / ?

Chieko Hichikawa / ?

Haruna Shuya / ?

Merii / ?

Furusawa Yusuke / ?

Donpei Tsuchihira / ?

Yuuko Genkaku / ?

Ryūya Wakaba / ?

Are this actors confirmed for all of the movies? Or just for the 1st one?

lolnameless
February 03, 2010, 04:59 AM
hey

i saw this in sankaku complex http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2010/02/03/gantz-live-action-movie-kei-nude-action-movie/

GAT-X252
February 05, 2010, 12:05 AM
According to the official website, there is going to be new info on friday in the "cinemaga" program on NTV at 26:05 hours (0_0)...

EDIT: Another pick of Natsuna, this time with the suitcase

http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/1605/casekx.th.jpg (http://img25.imageshack.us/i/casekx.jpg/)

aneon
February 09, 2010, 12:47 AM
^ I found a low quality of the cinemaga clip but it's nothing new.

Blog update by Yuji Shimomura-san (Gantz Action director)
SOURCE (http://blog.livedoor.jp/uden1/archives/51624176.html)

This is a rough translation found in one of Nino (Arashi) fan community.

long and cold Kobe on site filming is safely over (mainly) Major team got back to Tokyo. And rest action team is one more day. At beginning we worried about the backache of leading role (Nino) didn’t relapse (Last year he walked on one's crutch.) I let him go on a spree of violence. It seems he played the goat a little (grin) in the consequence, we could take action scene more than we expected. The goal we expect is “action not like action” it’s not to show stylishly the set order of fighting scene. This is extemporaneous stormy serious battle without control. There’s wire action element but we show effectively without uncomfortable feeling. Action that is passionate and feels pain. Nothing about lukewarm action. This is quite difficult however nothing is special. At first we thought about using double stunt in mind of actors’ schedule and safety. At the end of the day actors themselves they did action. Usually stunt double does the cut that you can’t see the face. It’s easier for safety and filming efficiency. But this time it’s different. Sometime action man takes action but it seems their movement that they trained for long time is looked like “action play”. And there’s no emotion and character (I don’t blame them) if actors fight as acting however they mistake movement it’s not big deal. And it’s not cool that just strong action. For example there’s recovery from defeat. They fight for something that’s dramatic and cool. Last battle was such passionate like clash. I can’t write detail about each action so I'll leave the rest to your imagination (grin) after back Tokyo they continue to film. Good luck.

Lots of mistakes but its enough for us to know what to be expected of the action scenes.

Ochiai Motoki posted his bloodied up face on his blog.
http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/1880/ochiai.jpg
You can view a clearer version it on this link:
http://ameblo.jp/ochiai-motoki/entry-10450522730.html

chesuto
February 09, 2010, 12:55 AM
I also found a picture of a bloodied up cast member. Not too sure if I'm allowed to post it here so give me loads of thanks if you guys REALLY want to see.

may i? want to see it...d blood..onegaishimasu!:)

BrazilianGantzer
February 09, 2010, 05:36 AM
The main problem I was see with this movie is how they're gonna end it. After all, what are the odds that Gantz will be over by 2011 and that we'll have the ending so they can incorporate it into the movie? Unless, of course, they either separate it into a few movies or simply end it similarly to the anime.

Damura
February 09, 2010, 07:31 AM
Multiple films were confirmed, weren't there? Can they even finish off two films by 2011?

aneon
February 09, 2010, 02:42 PM
The main problem I was see with this movie is how they're gonna end it. After all, what are the odds that Gantz will be over by 2011 and that we'll have the ending so they can incorporate it into the movie? Unless, of course, they either separate it into a few movies or simply end it similarly to the anime.
I absolutely don't think they'll end it in a craptastic way like the anime. First the anime ending consist of freaking fillers. There was no Tae or Reika and they worked on a still on-going manga while this movie was announced with the manga almost complete. They'd be idiots if they fail to use the material laid out in front of them to figure out an original ending for Gantz part 2.

Multiple films were confirmed, weren't there? Can they even finish off two films by 2011?
Yes, 2 movies. 1 due to be released in spring 2011 and another by the end of 2011.
Yes they can. As far as I know around 80-90% of the scenes without stunts for the first movie have been filmed. That leaves half of stunt scenes (Kobe filming finished) and audio tweaks to complete the raw filming of Gantz part 1. They'll work on the sfx until the release date. Filming for Gantz part 1 will end around late March. There is still no news about Gantz part 2 schedule but they'll probably start filming it in Autumn this year.

NEW: Donpei Tsuchihira will be playing a priest, probably the one in Buddha battle. Sorry, I'm not allowed to post his picture in the priest costume.

NEW2: According to IMDB (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1525835/), Natsuna's character name is Megumi Kishimoto. I must have missed reading about the name change. No more troublesome same-name.

Panda
March 19, 2010, 12:16 AM
There will be a Gantz real life movie coming out in Spring 2011 according to the first page of this issue.

This is a link that proves it:
http://yj.shueisha.co.jp/gantzspecial/

Ninomiya Kazuya as Kurono Kei

http://images.google.com/images?q=%E4%BA%8C%E5%AE%AE%E5%92%8C%E4%B9%9F&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wi

Kato is MatsuyamaKenichi

http://images.google.com/images?um=1&hl=en&safe=off&client=firefox-a&tbo=1&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&tbs=isch%3A1&sa=1&q=%E6%9D%BE%E5%B1%B1%E3%82%B1%E3%83%B3%E3%82%A4%E3%83%81&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=

Tae is Kichitaka Yuriko

http://images.google.com/images?um=1&hl=en&safe=off&client=firefox-a&tbo=1&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&tbs=isch%3A1&sa=1&q=%E5%90%89%E9%AB%98%E7%94%B1%E9%87%8C%E5%AD%90&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=

Kishimoto、Nishi and Kurono in this link

http://www.yamaguchi.net/archives/006672.html

aneon
March 25, 2010, 11:41 PM
New 1 minute teaser is out! Here some caps:

http://i39.tinypic.com/2mdruq8.jpg
http://i39.tinypic.com/scfhxh.jpg
http://i39.tinypic.com/345lf94.jpg
http://i40.tinypic.com/14wysuv.jpg
http://i40.tinypic.com/w8np82.jpg
http://i44.tinypic.com/295u683.jpg
http://i42.tinypic.com/20kwx8n.jpg
http://i42.tinypic.com/o6bal2.jpg

Watch the teaser here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7rdz4rUz90

GAT-X252
March 26, 2010, 02:02 AM
I read "1000 arms goddess of mercy" like at the end of the trailer.

Thanks for the video.

chesuto
March 26, 2010, 05:40 AM
Whoooah!the BgM rockzzzzz:o
BoomBoomSatellite>

aneon
March 26, 2010, 05:44 AM
^ i can't really read Japanese so thank you for deciphering that :)

Saw a split second of a pair of the Buddha feet. Hongo Kanata is too awesome from what I see so I'm pretty sure I'll be loving Nishi instead of hating him. damn.

I hope the CG won't turn out as horrible like Death Note's. I have a feeling they are filling this movie with great young actors to make up for the possible CG fail.

"Gantz website: There will be a special 1 minute infomercial aired with images of the making. The filming of Gantz will be shortly completed and filming of the large scale production has progressed without any incident. CG will be added to the live action images, since it will be awhile since you can watch it...we have created a infomercial!
This will be aired on 03/25 NTV 26:43 on "Burn Notice"show. Also aired on 04/08 & 04/22 "

teioh
April 02, 2010, 11:44 AM
20th Century Boys CG can fit it. Hope they use costumed aliens and not only CG aliens.

GAT-X252
April 07, 2010, 09:14 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caGIe3vmLcc

Another video of the set, this time focusing on Ninomiya.

Katastrophe
April 09, 2010, 07:09 PM
Not optimistic on this movie, especially after seeing the teasers.

Damura
April 10, 2010, 02:30 AM
^
I really liked the teaser. I was at first hesitant because the actors - especially Nishi, who may or may not be my favorite character - seemed like inapropriate choices. The teaser trailer looked pretty good to me though. I actually changed my mind on whoever plays Nishi after it.

digitaldude
April 10, 2010, 03:09 AM
I thought that all characters fit in, especially Kishimoto and Nishi, did'nt like Kato though, I will probably go into watching it thinking it's going to suck, but maybe I will be surprised.

MAXXZERO1
April 14, 2010, 12:33 AM
That'd be badass,
I'd anticipate that this would help complete the realism of the story if not only America, but other countries contributed to this great story.

LOL Gantz could help in creating world peace.
If only Lionsgate do Gantz It would be .........................AWWWWSOME!!!!!

1. NO PROBLEM WITH GORE
2. WILL GET GOOD ACTORS.
3. BE TRUE TO THE STORYLINE
[hr]
If only Lionsgate do Gantz It would be .........................AWWWWSOME!!!!!http://mangahelpers.com/forum/images/smilies/smile-big.gif

1. NO PROBLEM WITH GORE.
2. WILL GET GOOD ACTORS.
3. BE TRUE TO THE STORYLINE.

Friz
April 16, 2010, 09:25 AM
http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/4287/gantzliveactionmoviecas.jpg

GAT-X252: It's a fan chart, they're not the official cast.

aneon
April 16, 2010, 11:15 PM
^
I really liked the teaser. I was at first hesitant because the actors - especially Nishi, who may or may not be my favorite character - seemed like inapropriate choices. The teaser trailer looked pretty good to me though. I actually changed my mind on whoever plays Nishi after it.
Even I'm liking Nishi now Hongo playing him. It's totally messing me up.

I've read comments on how cheap the teaser looked but it only featured the raw making offs footage to whet our appetite. The Buddha battle seems to be the most prominent scene and I don't think team Reika will be featured in the first installment yet.
Seriously can't wait. I want an international release.

Damura
April 17, 2010, 12:32 AM
^

It really depends on the skill of the team doing the special effects. You can have the biggest budget in the world and still make it shit (Transformers!). You can also have relatively low budget films with scenes that'll simply blow you away.

teioh
April 21, 2010, 05:06 PM
Remember that the similarity and resemblance of the actors to the characters of the manga is not so important, in a lot of movies inspired by comics actors look different from their comics counterparts, and also the most of us don't know a thing about japanese movies/actors and can't express an opinion that goes beyond the mere appearance.

The most important thing (for me) is to choose skilled actor and the cast, at least until now, was well chosen.

aneon
May 13, 2010, 05:14 PM
Remember that the similarity and resemblance of the actors to the characters of the manga is not so important, in a lot of movies inspired by comics actors look different from their comics counterparts, and also the most of us don't know a thing about japanese movies/actors and can't express an opinion that goes beyond the mere appearance.

The most important thing (for me) is to choose skilled actor and the cast, at least until now, was well chosen.
Since I do represent those who knows more about Japanese actors than mangas, I feel the need to say this again... THE CASTING IS SUPERB. They are all top notched actors who can act and not just popular.

If my word doesn't count try reading this article by CNN: http://www.cnngo.com/tokyo/none/japanese-actors-who-can-actually-act-433396#ixzz0jAUm5m4S
Both Nino and Yuriko are listed. Kenichi Matsuyama won the Best Actor for 64th Mainichi Film Awards (http://www.tokyograph.com/news/id-5711)
If the movie still fail, I doubt it's because of the acting. These actors got skills.

Sorry for the rant, but just saw that njt edit on the Gantz live action article. The fact he didn't update on the cast bothers me.
[hr]
New clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsCB9_ouObE

NEW CLIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
so what dou you guys think. I spy a vampire and Tanaka alien.
Also one hot looking woman, a possible new character perhaps?
That Izumi scene on the train.. my man Kurono is doing it now I guess. LOL YES.

apm.mpa
May 13, 2010, 07:55 PM
here's another vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viq3xFH1Uh8

it looks real good, i'm looking forward to the whole thing

sir_arles
May 13, 2010, 10:58 PM
AWESOME!

Tanaka Alien looks just great =D

~FrienD~
May 13, 2010, 11:26 PM
here's another vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viq3xFH1Uh8

it looks real good, i'm looking forward to the whole thing
now i've cleared my second thought this is a must watch! when it comes out
wish they'd release a dvd.

whats the title of the music in their teaser?

aneon
May 14, 2010, 12:05 AM
Here's another!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_YS8zxpSXQ

omg. I'm stoke! They screened a 4 minute clip at Cannes on 12 April and it will have international release!!!! :spaz

@~FrienD~
I think it's Boom Boom Satellite's "girl"

Damura
May 14, 2010, 07:47 AM
^

Fuck how much are they going to cover in this one movie? Looks like it gets to the point in the manga where the vampires attack Nishi/Izumi on the train, even though it's Kei that fights them... somehow. At 0:44 it looks like the old man is there, on the left.
[hr]
The vampires on the train in aneon's link look like the 4 'main' vampires + kill bill

Also, it looks as though Nishi is attacked by a bunch of japanese police for some reason, much like when he slaughtered his classmates. Looks like he's outside though, at night. I wonder if they haven't moved it to around the time where he kills the cat. Maybe he'll die there, laughing, as he transfers into the Tanaka mission.

shinobi.beatboy
May 14, 2010, 10:40 AM
Hope you guys like the gifs and such.

http://dreamlights.tumblr.com/

teioh
May 14, 2010, 03:51 PM
Here's another!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_YS8zxpSXQ

omg. I'm stoke! They screened a 4 minute clip at Cannes on 12 April and it will have international release!!!! :spaz

@~FrienD~
I think it's Boom Boom Satellite's "girl"
I understand a bit of japanese and... Is she saying something like that in America there will be a remake???

aneon
May 17, 2010, 12:03 AM
^Yes. There has been inquiries from US and UK to do a remake. I'd rather have a spin-off than remake but since I'm pretty satisfied the Japan version will go global, possible remakes won't bother me much. Hopefully the movie producers won't quickly agree to the idea though. Lazy American audience would probably wait for the Hollywood rape than watching some Jap kids kill aliens. That would surely flattened their American ticket sales and limit the screening to a few major states or otaku conventions.

However, I got a feeling Oku would love a Hollywood take on his baby.

aneon
May 18, 2010, 03:09 AM
http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/3956/ninorampage.gif

Poster from Cannes Film Festival booth.
http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/2974/53078107.jpg
[hr]
http://img.filmsactu.com/datas/films/g/a/gantz-part-1/xl/4beeec9dc593a.jpg

sir_arles
May 18, 2010, 08:27 AM
Awesome info, dude!

This is starting to look pretty cool :D

teioh
May 21, 2010, 12:37 PM
Can the promo video showed in Cannes be available on yt or similar place?

aneon
May 21, 2010, 07:07 PM
^ I haven't found any leaks on that teioh. From what was posted by Gantz producer, the promotion reel only showed the actors in action with just a bit of preliminary CG effects added. The news coverage, pretty much showed us bits and pieces of it. Here's another clip I found covering the Onion Alien scene.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qd_VlSAHCm4&feature=player_embedded
You can see Kurono aiming at the blurry figure of angry daddy onion.
There's also a clip of Tae asking the old guy why did Kei-chan keep on fighting. Pretty good stuff: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=No8cswNBKIU&feature=related

GAT-X252
May 21, 2010, 09:15 PM
Hmmm...if he is fighting for Tae then the Tae Kojima mission would take place in the movie?

I doubt an alien would threat Tae in particular.

aneon
May 22, 2010, 12:00 AM
^Could be. Kei & Tae seems to be the focus of the story.

What do you guys think if they scrapped Reika off?

Damura
May 22, 2010, 02:00 AM
^

I'm a little mixed. One the one hand, Reika's a shit character so who gives a fuck. On the other hand, without her there might not be two Kei's. I'm really looking forward to see how having two Kei's plays out in future, especially in regards to Tae. Surely the second Kei hasn't given up on her.

Tumerking
May 22, 2010, 03:11 PM
From the looks of all these trailers it seems that Kurono is dating Tae right from the beginning. That means no character development. Poo.

Charlie
June 19, 2010, 07:10 PM
It's been sometime since someone has posted any news or updates about the movie.

Anyone have new info to share on the upcoming movie? Please Share. ^^

gnut
June 21, 2010, 05:17 PM
hey charlie-san when i googled it,i found a couple of web sights with some screen shots and some interviews with the cast members.some of the people they got playing some of the aliens look just like them without makeup lol lol..just dig on google sorry no particular adresses.

aneon
July 01, 2010, 01:10 PM
Not much news but I heard Natsuna did some promo in France. No one is covering that story since it's not Nino. I don't have none Nino source.

Here's some pics:
http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/1193/81314431.png

http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/5428/66369979.jpg

http://img682.imageshack.us/img682/9175/gantzextracast.jpg

Sollum
July 01, 2010, 02:27 PM
3 row 2 column is that Reikia? Damn, she looks really hot

could someone translate the names? if i understand correctly its

Izumi, Reikia, That dude who died on the first mission (teacher), Kaze?

aneon
July 01, 2010, 02:38 PM
3 row 2 column is that Reikia? Damn, she looks really hot

could someone translate the names? if i understand correctly its

Izumi, Reikia, That dude who died on the first mission (teacher), Kaze?

Not sure if she's Reika... I recognised the 3rd person with the glasses as the old guy "ojisan". It was announced before that the he's the guy playing the role. The 4th guy is the actor Yamada Takayuki who's playing an original character. From what I gather, he's either a cop or journalist who's investigating the strange on goings because of GANTZ missions.

EDIT: Guys, if I can secure hi-res scans of some in-depth magazines articles on Gantz, would anyone be willing to translate those?

Damura
July 01, 2010, 10:21 PM
It's got to be. They're revealing characters from the newer arcs. Reika, Old man, and that must be Inaba (lol). Either that or he's the reporter guy.

I don't think they've picked the right actor for HS, but I guess we'll see.

I want to see Akira, Izumi and the Panda next.

aneon
July 01, 2010, 10:35 PM
^ Damura, the old man character is doing double duty, or so it seems. He'll be included in from the first arc. I saw a pic of him in surviving the Onion battle. It was already confirmed Yamada Takayuki is playing an original character, the curious non-Gantzer which sounds like the reporter but more bad-ass. They are jumbling up the arcs or stretching the characters so it will throw off us a bit with chronology and character appearance.

It feels like Yoshitaka Yuriko's Tae is a combination of Reika+Tae so there's probably won't be Reika in it but I might be wrong. Still no Kaze in sight too.

GAT-X252
July 01, 2010, 10:52 PM
The "leader of the misterious group" is suposed to be the guy (vampire?) who fights Kurono at the train in the trailers.

The girl's name is "Eriko Ayukawa" and Masamitsu kurumada, the last dude, he is suposed to be somekind of Kikuchi right?

aneon
July 01, 2010, 11:12 PM
^Gat-san.. what's a kikuchi? His name read as Kikuchi? I can only recognize the Yama in Yamada LOL.

also Damura, you've mentioned HS. wth is that?

stupid questions need answers :P

GAT-X252
July 01, 2010, 11:16 PM
^Gat-san.. what's a kikuchi? His name read as Kikuchi? I can only recognize the Yama in Yamada LOL.

also Damura, you've mentioned HS. wth is that?

stupid questions need answers :P

No i mean...his name is "Masamitsu Kurumada" portrayed by Yamada Takayuki, but you said he was somekind of reporter or policeman? who was investigating the Gantz mistery.

HS= Host Samurai, the vampire who killed Izumi and Kurono, AKA "blondie") in the gantz manual he is named "Hikawa".

aneon
July 01, 2010, 11:59 PM
thanks for the explanation.

i think that mysterious leader guy fits the bill as host samurai. Also another theory of mine, no Izumi. boo.

james0915
July 02, 2010, 12:04 AM
that second girl is (伊藤歩)AYUMI ITOWU from the movie, Swallowtail Butterfly. her character is 鮎川映莉子, whom i dont recall from the gantz manga, so she probably is a original character.

They have announced some other character in this link.
http://kandj.blog23.fc2.com/blog-entry-643.html

Seemingly the vampire girl, Chiaki is 水沢奈子Mizusawa Nako
http://blog-imgs-29.fc2.com/k/a/n/kandj/201005141410424fb.jpg

We also have Sakurai Hiroto 桜井弘斗 portrayed by this guy, 白石隼也.
http://blog-imgs-29.fc2.com/k/a/n/kandj/20100202155017148.jpg

I wanna see Izumi shion 和泉 紫音 and the Lara croft girl, sakuraoka sei 桜丘 聖 in the movie. Hope they do not kill off these two characters.

This is one of the latest gantz movie trailer i have seen.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xdm9op_gpreview20100604_shortfilms#from=embed

Sollum
July 02, 2010, 03:31 AM
wow... i found dad onion alien....

http://blog-imgs-29.fc2.com/k/a/n/kandj/201005141432439b4.jpg
http://blog-imgs-29.fc2.com/k/a/n/kandj/201005141432439b4.jpg

Green paint, a bit of CG and you're dead

Amigo!
July 02, 2010, 04:03 AM
hmm...how far does this movie go?....looks as if it goes all the way to nishi's classroom rampage...

Damura
July 02, 2010, 11:10 AM
thanks for the explanation.

i think that mysterious leader guy fits the bill as host samurai. Also another theory of mine, no Izumi. boo.

In my opinion the actor portraying Host Samurai isn't... masculine enough. They'll probably make him into more of a sadist or something instead than I think he is in the manga.

I hope they don't take out Izumi. He's a pretty popular character and plays such a significant and interesting role in the story.

That said, it looks like they're already taking some pretty significant liberties with the plot. It wouldn't be out of the question if Izumi was cut, especially since we know that Kei's taken his place in the train ambush scene and they've rushed it in such a way as to bring in the Nishi vs. Police scene in the first film.

If what aneon said is true and the 'old man' is present during the onion alien mission, I wonder if they aren't introducing a stable cast of characters right from the start to save time, rather than go with Oku's original story.

SuperShuter
July 03, 2010, 06:52 AM
Is the Budda mission going to be featured or is the climax of the movie going to be against the vampires. Does anyone think they will katou off, i think it depends if they want him in the last film because it would be a little dumb reviving him just after one film.

Yeah because basically if they let katou face off against the vampires, I don't think there is a huge purpose for Izumi, as I felt he was sort of a replacement for Katou, with their similar looks and effect on Kei.

james0915
July 03, 2010, 10:42 AM
If they were to cut off so many things, i wonder y they do not go for tv series. Flicks like 21st century boy is better portrayed in series as well.

http://blog-imgs-29.fc2.com/k/a/n/kandj/cinemacinema25001.jpg

I do not know whether these two trailers are new.
there is a scene on 1:23 whereas kei crying alone in front of gantz - I think everyone else will die in the first film.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnRhkhs6hf0&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=No8cswNBKIU

aneon
July 03, 2010, 07:15 PM
If they were to cut off so many things, i wonder y they do not go for tv series. Flicks like 21st century boy is better portrayed in series as well.

I do not know whether these two trailers are new.
there is a scene on 1:23 whereas kei crying alone in front of gantz - I think everyone else will die in the first film.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnRhkhs6hf0&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=No8cswNBKIU

@james i can't view pictures/whatever from f2c blogs, even the ones you posted earlier. can you help me by uploading it on another server or something?

Those are old clips but I did missed the part when Tae was holding out her hand to Kurono before he was struck by the train scene. I've seen the Kurono crying alone scene before though.

Btw, Gantz will be in two parts so it's possible the first will end with the Buddha mission. The 2nd movie will be different from the original manga plot and mission. There's the Osaka arc but it won't be as disturbing like the manga's.

Tumerking
July 03, 2010, 08:36 PM
So far we've got the Onion aliens?, tanaka mission, buddah mission, AND vampires. Thats a ton of content to shove into a single movie. Have we actually seen any clips from the Onion alien mission?

aneon
July 03, 2010, 09:08 PM
So far we've got the Onion aliens?, tanaka mission, buddah mission, AND vampires. Thats a ton of content to shove into a single movie. Have we actually seen any clips from the Onion alien mission?

I've posted a clip with the Onion daddy a couple pages back but youtube deleted it. Should've capped the scene.

My guess would be Onion, Tanaka & Buddha in the first film. Vampire+Osaka, Tae mission and some other original hunt for the 2nd movie. Hope it's a 2 to 3 hour per movie. The longer the better or we could always wish this would be a trilogy.

This could be considered a new clip:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8-ldP7fizc

English Promo (but the sound is messed up):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFKFaWUGCjM
New shots on the girls gantzers and schoolgirl vampire

james0915
July 04, 2010, 04:01 AM
Hope this help.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4136/4759367247_d7123c0fbc_b.jpg
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4136/4759367247_d7123c0fbc_b.jpg

Seemingly the vampire girl, Chiaki is 水沢奈子Mizusawa Nako
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4082/4760001424_d511c2b741_m.jpg
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4082/4760001424_d511c2b741_m.jpg

We also have Sakurai Hiroto 桜井弘斗 portrayed by this guy, 白石隼也.
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4096/4760001450_95ea8577a8_m.jpg
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4096/4760001450_95ea8577a8_m.jpg

alien onion?
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4096/4759373233_fac4646f59_m.jpg
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4096/4759373233_fac4646f59_m.jpg

aneon
July 04, 2010, 05:35 PM
ok people. someone went to JApan Expo in France and caught this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qor7fq5K_A4
Subtitled clip and a major spoiler at the end. This could be the same clip as the one they showed at Cannes. Btw, Natsuna (Kei Kishimoto - she was wearing the suit) and Oku was there as well. I also read someone translated Oku's blog with him saying he won't be making an appearance at the Expo ever again. Somebody probably pissed him off but from the reports he he didn't show his displeasure to the crowd like a pro. Must be a management problem

This is a spoiler and I don't care.
http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/1825/kuronotae.png

GAT-X252
July 04, 2010, 10:34 PM
I also read someone translated Oku's blog with him saying he won't be making an appearance at the Expo ever again. Somebody probably pissed him off but from the reports he he didn't show his displeasure to the crowd like a pro. Must be a management problem

He said the expo was too crowded and hot...and that was the only problem.

And he is sorry for giving some bad thoughts for saying that.

or at least that's what he wrote on his twitter.

EDIT: Wow, that video was really cool, i even saw the small sphere that was given to Izumi in the manga. It seems like the last mission is the Tae Kojima mission but things are worst this time...

aneon
July 04, 2010, 11:04 PM
Haha.. it was hot for him but imagine how it was for Natsuna in full tight fitting body suit. The pretty girl must've suffered.

I'm actually confused if the clips they've shown covers only the first film or both. They have finished shooting for both films but usually studios would only release the 1st installment promo clips when they are doing double release... ugh whatever. I can't wait to see this anyways. Hopefully they won't squash my high expectation after months of stalking the previews.

james0915
July 05, 2010, 07:06 AM
finally a glimpse of hope that Izumi will be featured in the film judging by the small sphere. Izumi is too important for gantz, the shooting massacre scene in the city can easily bring gantz up to a top notch cult movie.

I have to pray hard that they made this movie mostly for the pleasure of fans but not some new viewers.

Damura
July 05, 2010, 07:49 AM
ok people. someone went to JApan Expo in France and caught this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qor7fq5K_A4
Subtitled clip and a major spoiler at the end. This could be the same clip as the one they showed at Cannes. Btw, Natsuna (Kei Kishimoto - she was wearing the suit) and Oku was there as well. I also read someone translated Oku's blog with him saying he won't be making an appearance at the Expo ever again. Somebody probably pissed him off but from the reports he he didn't show his displeasure to the crowd like a pro. Must be a management problem

This is a spoiler and I don't care.
http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/1825/kuronotae.png

Maybe I missed something but how is the end of the clip a spoiler? It does not appear different to the plot of the manga.

aneon
July 05, 2010, 08:56 AM
^ It's a spoiler to those who hasn't read the manga.

there's another spoiler which differs from the manga. the old man aimed a gun at Tae with intention to kill albeit unwillingly so

james0915
July 06, 2010, 05:58 AM
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4079/4767652468_710832fc89_m.jpg
someone went to the japan expo and took this pic. - from this blogger http://rim1789.livejournal.com/2384.html
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4122/4767657078_55fafe34d4.jpg
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4122/4767657078_55fafe34d4.jpg

some latest behind the scenes pic. 1:56 and 2:14 are new to me.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovD35DAAt4o

cosplay picture from unknown source.
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4073/4767643060_7980250722_z.jpg
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4073/4767643060_7980250722_z.jpg

teioh
July 09, 2010, 08:54 PM
Old cosplay.

However i seen the new videos and it seems they are mixing up a lot.
Correct me if I'm wrong:

- Katoh say he wanna destroy gantz (never try it in the manga);

- The black screen scenes say: HUMANS vs ALIENS and than HUMANS vs HUMANS and there's a clear scene where a group of gantzer (not the main characters) move togheter and point their x-guns. So i think that the Osaka Team or something similar will be in this first movie after the Buddha Mission (to use the subject "are they the only gantzer team in the world" that Oku use to introduct 2nd Phase);

- For the same reason Izumi will be cut off;

- The last black screen say: HUMANS vs UNKNOWN and this could be VAMPIRES or other stuff like "who mades the gantz' ball" but this would seem a little bit hurried for the first movie;

- The scene where Kurono dirty face is in foreground and he (probably) slowly point his x-gun must be a "main" scene but the question is: where is he pointing? For me he's pointing to another gantzer or perhaps the first alien he kills (more exciting the first option).

In last point: in this movie there will be NOT huge boobs. That's a pity, Japan is full of huge-bobbie idol so why not one in this movie???
(maybe Oku was pissed off cuz of this)

Damura
July 09, 2010, 11:14 PM
Old cosplay.

However i seen the new videos and it seems they are mixing up a lot.
Correct me if I'm wrong:

- Katoh say he wanna destroy gantz (never try it in the manga);

- The black screen scenes say: HUMANS vs ALIENS and than HUMANS vs HUMANS and there's a clear scene where a group of gantzer (not the main characters) move togheter and point their x-guns. So i think that the Osaka Team or something similar will be in this first movie after the Buddha Mission (to use the subject "are they the only gantzer team in the world" that Oku use to introduct 2nd Phase);

- For the same reason Izumi will be cut off;

- The last black screen say: HUMANS vs UNKNOWN and this could be VAMPIRES or other stuff like "who mades the gantz' ball" but this would seem a little bit hurried for the first movie;

- The scene where Kurono dirty face is in foreground and he (probably) slowly point his x-gun must be a "main" scene but the question is: where is he pointing? For me he's pointing to another gantzer or perhaps the first alien he kills (more exciting the first option).

In last point: in this movie there will be NOT huge boobs. That's a pity, Japan is full of huge-bobbie idol so why not one in this movie???
(maybe Oku was pissed off cuz of this)

I think the Humans vs. X is just for advertising.

I think the 'team' pointing there guns are the Gantzer's chasing after Tae (or maybe Inaba's group cornering Kei (at least I think it was Kei..))

SuperShuter
July 11, 2010, 07:34 AM
Hm I'm guessing the story will go as follow:

- train scene then onion mission
- school bullying scenes + tae meets kei or something
- takana mission then vampires at the end or then the vampire fights after
- Budda mission and tae is involved somehow then the ending at the end of the mission.

aneon
July 12, 2010, 12:35 AM
^ NO school bullying scenes for Kurono. He's an almost graduated college kid. I won't rule out Nishi's school scenes though.

james0915
July 12, 2010, 02:44 AM
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4134/4786060398_49cee637d8.jpg

nothing new, just a video of Gantz fans response in japan expo.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeINfpND5ns&feature=player_embedded

mesiach
July 12, 2010, 06:23 PM
I found some interesting tidbits on Natsuna Watanabe (Kishimoto). She will appear in other nude scenes, not just in the first entry to the Gantz room sequence. The shower scene from early in the manga is in the film too.

Image: (NSFW)
http://gantz-2011.blog.so-net.ne.jp/_images/blog/_61d/gantz-2011/E382B7E383A3E383AFE383BC-4b7ec.jpg

The source on this image is here http://gantz-2011.blog.so-net.ne.jp/2010-02-03

james0915
July 14, 2010, 03:10 AM
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4099/4792925166_9b13b3fd90_b.jpg
alien onion looks so much like freddy in nightmare on elmstreet.

production fee is around usd45m.

Tenacious Weezy
July 14, 2010, 03:47 AM
I'm not suprised that the Gantz movie is looking deep and good. I was worried at first when I heard about it but it was only cause I thought an american studio had gotten it. Japanese produced Manga Movies >>> American produced Manga Movies regardless of production cost differences.

Tumerking
July 14, 2010, 10:48 AM
Why does the poster say "vol. 4"?

james0915
July 14, 2010, 03:22 PM
Why does the poster say "vol. 4"?

my guess is this is the 4th interview of the movie gantz on that magazine.

a old trailer uploaded in May, i dont know why i missed it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fze4UY3NXEo&feature=player_embedded

Damura
July 16, 2010, 11:49 PM
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1959800/

Says here the guy that's playing Nishi is going to be playing a different character in the second Gantz movie. "Ichiro Saijo" whoever the hell that is...

I'm guessing it's all bullshit but does anyone remember a character in the manga called Ichiro Saijo at all?
[hr]

New trailer? Not sure if it has been listed somewhere in the forum yet but I hadn't seen it before... I'll go back and check the last few pages in this thread to see if it's been posted already now.

EDIT: Journeyed all the way to page 15 and didn't see it, so I guess it's new... It's taking me an eternity to load the entire trailer but basically it just showcases most of the central characters. It is only 30 seconds long.

GAT-X252
July 17, 2010, 01:17 AM
In case imdb is right and he does appear in the second part, the name could be an alias.

The name could be also read as Saijo Ichiro, and Joichiro is Nishi's other name....i don't know, maybe he goes undercover after the swat incident.