PDA

View Full Version : Chapter 285 Discussion [Naruto]

Gold Knight
November 19, 2005, 01:56 AM
Come here to wait for/predict for Chapter 285 of Naruto!

So will Team 7 with Sai and Yamato set off on their mission this chapter? What will happen between Sai and the others?

Have fun discussing~

EDIT - 285 is now out, look for the RAW in the Weekly Translations forum!

njt
November 19, 2005, 03:43 AM
haha, I dunno but I'm getting bad vibes from Sai...

MaggeuS
November 19, 2005, 04:38 AM
Personally, i love Sai ^^
I think we're going to see a normal mission, nothing interesting will happen...
BUT Sai will, like always, insult Naruto AND sakura :)

njt
November 19, 2005, 09:27 PM
while I believe in telling the truth, being so blunt is not good, but we shouldn't blame him, it's not his fault and probably is the only way he knows how to be... wich is quite sad... but yeah, that's how I see it

Gold Knight
November 20, 2005, 05:45 AM
I believe Sai is just incapable of deception, he can't lie, perhaps? He can't fake a genuine-looking smile, and he tells people what he really thinks.

I'm more excited about Yamato - he looks so cool. I hope he plays a good part in the upcoming storyarc.

njt
November 20, 2005, 04:14 PM
I dunno he looks scary to me :s

murmel
November 21, 2005, 05:29 AM
The kid who draws looks cool. I hope he'll bug Naruto until he'll explode! xD

njt
November 24, 2005, 03:45 AM
Talk about the new chapter here :).

Zenith
November 24, 2005, 03:53 AM
"Ne" recruits are sickos! :P

Naruto
November 24, 2005, 03:57 AM
uhm.... i cant find the raw for 285 :P am I a retard or isn't it out yet? Dattebayo

njt
November 24, 2005, 03:59 AM
er click on the old guy holding the sign saying raw....
http://mangahelpers.com/index.php?topic=61.0

Leen
November 24, 2005, 04:02 AM
Why????

285 is out. Konoha library has it already.

njt
November 24, 2005, 04:08 AM
Indeed, but the old guy has a direct link too :o

Snake1786
November 24, 2005, 10:44 AM
Yamato is indeed cool.

MaggeuS
November 24, 2005, 10:46 AM
I want to know more about Sai !!! I want to know EVERYTHING about him !
And did you see what he draw on his papers ?? He draw himself, and maybe someone else ... No ?

akasuna no imax
November 24, 2005, 11:50 AM
i just want sai dies :/
sakura looks like she really appreciate naruto compare to first generation when she was just looking at sasuke.

i think sai gonna be like a lot of people.. he was alone when he was a child, very sad and thing he's strong.
When then other "root" anbu come to give him his mission, he (the anbu) told "we hadn't no feelings, just the mission', like he wanna callback sai he mustn't got feelings.

kool-ka-lang
November 24, 2005, 12:12 PM
hmmm...the stuff that's happpening in this chapter is good, but some of the frames a little badly drawn in my opnion.. but it was a good chapter

mgrace
November 24, 2005, 01:23 PM
The Chapter was good it just added some more information and gaves us a back ground to Anbu...

What is that secret mission.... Ohh well... Next week we will see something even cooler...

Wraith
November 24, 2005, 01:34 PM
I think both Yamato and Sai are awesome. Also it seems like Naruto is a Sasuke lover in disguise.

Zenith
November 24, 2005, 03:09 PM
i wanna see sai become a good guy! and then sai vs sasuke showdown!! w00t!

njt
November 24, 2005, 03:29 PM
i wanna see sai become a good guy! and then sai vs sasuke showdown!! w00t!

That I wouldn't mind seeing :)

Iwanin
November 25, 2005, 06:56 AM
Hi guys! My first post here ... oooh! Excitiiing! :tem

I'll need to make a seishun signiature, add a yoda avatar, and stuff, stuff, stuff...

As for 285, I loved it! It's been a while since there's been anything even remotely conspiracy like in Naruto, so it's a nice change of pace.

I'm intrigued by what Danzou sent Sai... it may have just been orders, but the Ne Anbu said "present", so I'm guessing it's a material object... but what could fit into an envelope that small?

This is just conjecture on my part, but remember that patch Kakashi used to *suppress* chakra in Naruto? What if there are other patches that can *release* chakra? Danzou's (and thus Sai's) target is Naruto, and we can assume that, more specifically, the Kyuubi. I'm sure a warmonger like Danzou would be more than happy to see the Kyuubi in a jinchuuriki under *his* command.

Here's my wild guess: he wants Sai to release Naruto's chakra so that the Kyuubi takes over him. He would then use the incident to claim Naruto's dangerous and demand the Kyuubi be extracted from him for the good of the village (killing him in the process, obviously). He would also be able to discredit Tsunade for trusting Naruto.

We know, from the "countdown to rampage" teaser, that sooner or later Naruto's gonna lose it, so...

Wouldn't it be funny if it were Danzou who extracted the Kyuubi from Naruto, instead of the Akatsuki? Could *Sai* then become the new jinchuuriki? The mind wobbles... :blink

Meijin no Kori
November 25, 2005, 07:49 AM
Hi guys! My first post here ... oooh! Excitiiing! :tem

I'll need to make a seishun signiature, add a yoda avatar, and stuff, stuff, stuff...

As for 285, I loved it! It's been a while since there's been anything even remotely conspiracy like in Naruto, so it's a nice change of pace.

I'm intrigued by what Danzou sent Sai... it may have just been orders, but the Ne Anbu said "present", so I'm guessing it's a material object... but what could fit into an envelope that small?

This is just conjecture on my part, but remember that patch Kakashi used to *suppress* chakra in Naruto? What if there are other patches that can *release* chakra? Danzou's (and thus Sai's) target is Naruto, and we can assume that, more specifically, the Kyuubi. I'm sure a warmonger like Danzou would be more than happy to see the Kyuubi in a jinchuuriki under *his* command.

Here's my wild guess: he wants Sai to release Naruto's chakra so that the Kyuubi takes over him. He would then use the incident to claim Naruto's dangerous and demand the Kyuubi be extracted from him for the good of the village (killing him in the process, obviously). He would also be able to discredit Tsunade for trusting Naruto.

We know, from the "countdown to rampage" teaser, that sooner or later Naruto's gonna lose it, so...

Wouldn't it be funny if it were Danzou who extracted the Kyuubi from Naruto, instead of the Akatsuki? Could *Sai* then become the new jinchuuriki? The mind wobbles... :blink

Hmm, good theory, Iwanin! I can really see this happening; that is, minus the extraction and killing part. If this happens, then Danzou will probably use it to foce Tsunade into keeping Naruto in Konoha and nothing else will happen because of it; at least for a little while.
Also, if this happens, Naruto would most likely end up entering the Chuunin exams, for lack of there not really being anything else to do in Konoha. Then either Oro/Sasuke can get involved in the Chuunin exams, or Akatsuki (most likely the two unknown members) will come to Konoha for Naruto.

But anyways, great theory! :thumbs

Zenith
November 25, 2005, 07:58 AM
Naruto entering the chuunin exams would be so deja vu.....XD

Gold Knight
November 25, 2005, 01:19 PM
Welcome to the forums, Iwanin! And that was an excellent theory.

I think probably only advanced seal-makers like Jiraiya might be able to manufacture these type of suppression patches, though, but who knows.

Iwanin
November 25, 2005, 01:35 PM
Thanks, guys!

Yeah, probably only very knowledgeable seal makers can make those ... but let's not forget how little we know about "ne"! ;)

You know, Danzou looks completely beaten up now, but he was something like The Third's rival back in the day, wasn't he? He might know a bit about seals and such.

Of course, for all we know it could have been a Christmas card he sent Sai... :confused ... or maybe some super-deadly acrylic paint or watercolors or something... :D

Zenith
November 25, 2005, 02:56 PM
Of course, for all we know it could have been a Christmas card he sent Sai... :confused

Lolz Iwanin! ROFLMAO

Leen
November 27, 2005, 07:27 AM
And did you see what he draw on his papers ?? He draw himself, and maybe someone else ... No ?

Ummm..... actually that's not a drawing. It's a carving actually. He carved his own potrait and also all the pictures on the wall are also carved, not drawn. :D

Zenith
November 27, 2005, 04:15 PM
hmm..i didnt notice that. good observation.

murai
November 29, 2005, 12:18 PM

Ummm..... actually that's not a drawing. It's a carving actually. He carved his own potrait and also all the pictures on the wall are also carved, not drawn. :D

First Post!

Actually, those ARE drawings. The paper is glued to the wooden blocks. And when it shows Sai's place, its only brushes and paints you see scattered around, no carving tools.

Zenith
November 29, 2005, 04:15 PM
i thought i saw carve lines in those pictures?

Leen
November 30, 2005, 08:07 AM
i thought i saw carve lines in those pictures?

Me too. That's what makes me think that they are carvings. Paper cant have lines like that, can they??? Besides, the paper that he uses are scrolls and normally scrolls are smooth textured. Besides, if we look on the floor, there's actually one tool that looks like a carving tool and also we dont know what's inside the pail. :D

Another thing I noticed about the picture of Sai when he was young. Look carefully at the first panel when the ANBU guy said in root we have no name, no blah blah blah, the picture/carving/paper actually look like a book's cover. Anyone notice that???

murai
November 30, 2005, 01:58 PM
Looking at it again, there IS a big block of wood and a chisel on the ground, but I'm pretty sure the things hanging on the walls (and the picture he was holding) are paintings. Theyre too flat to be etchings. And also I don't think you use a big wood block for etchings.

Zenith
November 30, 2005, 02:38 PM
In a world of shinobis...anything is possible. Lolz..we're fighting over a stupid painting/carving.

Leen
November 30, 2005, 08:07 PM
In a world of shinobis...anything is possible. Lolz..we're fighting over a stupid painting/carving.

Yeah, I know. :P

It's just a drawing/painting/carving after all. No use fighting over it. :)