PDA

View Full Version : Theory The Origin of Dragon

Finale
November 03, 2009, 02:56 PM
Alright, so I've been wondering lately what the backstory of Dragon is since we haven't seen much of him in the manga. The purpose of this thread is to put forth your ideas of Dragon's history. I believe that Dragon was once a Marine Admiral. Garp was obsesed with training Luffy and Ace into marines. Whether this is because their fathers are global criminals or because he just does or not is unknown. He did take Coby and Helmeppo under his wing. What if he did the same with Dragon and he did rise through the ranks and become an admiral?

Likely he grew disgusted with the doctrine of absolute justice and left the Marines. Remember during the Ohara incident, I believe that Akiainu and Aokiji were both just Vice Admirals so they clearly had predecessors. Being a high level former Marine official Dragon would know alot of Marine secrets thus being a great danger to the World Govenrment. Add to this title and his revolutionaries and you have the World's Greatest criminal since he knows alot of the dirty things the WG has its hands in.

Well thats my take on it what about you guys?

Razh
November 03, 2009, 03:47 PM
I remember once in Vegapunk forums a girl, Ryukai_san, opened a thread in which she wrote that there was an old chinese myth or something which said that the four seas were ruled by animals. There was red dog, blue bird, yellow monkey and white dragon. Can't remeber who had which sea, but white dragon was in the east.
Can't remember if there was a source mentioned.

I believe that it's fairly possible that Dragon was in Marine. He could have also been an admiral but not necessarily.
I remember in the flashback during Drum arc of the meeting of the kings 10 years before, how WG claimed that a man named Dragon will be a serious threat to stability in a few years. They also had a picture of him.
They might have known what he can do. Maybe he even possessed some knowledge which could harm the WG. I have trouble imagining him becoming a revolutionary without knowing a lot about WG and Marines. He has a reason to fight WG and he's not #1 wanted man just because he causes riots on WG territory.

EDIT:Here's the meeting - http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/142/06/

Spaceman-Spiff
November 03, 2009, 08:10 PM
AFAIK, the monkey, the dog, and the pheasant were references from Momotarou.

RichardMNixon
November 03, 2009, 08:37 PM
I think it'd be cool if he was involved with the WG, but I also recalled Cobra's meeting and I think it invalidates that.

I remember in the flashback during Drum arc of the meeting of the kings 10 years before, how WG claimed that a man named Dragon will be a serious threat to stability in a few years. They also had a picture of him.
They might have known what he can do.
EDIT:Here's the meeting - http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/142/06/

If Dragon was a high ranking marine or WG official who broke off and swore to destroy them, I feel they'd be a lot more concerned than "this guy might be a problem later."

Also I would expect more people would know his relation to Garp.

I could see him being on Garp's ship for a while when he was young, a cabin boy or something, seeing something like a Buster Call or some other horrible act, and running away swearing to never let it happen again. Or if he's really nuts he killed the entire crew while Garp was ashore.

I think it'd be cool if Dragon was a morally questionable character (he did well in a poll here for "final boss" of the series), but with Ivankov there I think Dragon is probably a pretty good guy.

Razh
November 03, 2009, 08:51 PM
AFAIK, the monkey, the dog, and the pheasant were references from Momotarou.

Yes, that's where Sentoumaru comes from too, but that's not the only chinese story that involves those animals.
[hr]

I think it'd be cool if he was involved with the WG, but I also recalled Cobra's meeting and I think it invalidates that.

If Dragon was a high ranking marine or WG official who broke off and swore to destroy them, I feel they'd be a lot more concerned than "this guy might be a problem later."

Also I would expect more people would know his relation to Garp.

The points you gave don't necessarily take the option out of the question since we know nothing about Dragon's past. Also, that was a warning to leaders of affiliated countries, WG and Marine do the hunting.
We can't exactly know how concerned they would be. They could have underestimated him. I doubt it that they planned for the revolution to spread that large.

And as for his relation with Garp, there is no reason why it should be known far and wide. His own son didn't even know.

NoLimit89
November 03, 2009, 08:53 PM
this sounds so Bleach. but still, I like it.

chess4
November 04, 2009, 10:16 AM
i like the theory of dragon being an admiral. it would explain why his army is so organized. i also think that maybe luffy's mother was killed by the WG for some reason or she lost her life because of the WG and dragon snapped.

just an after thought...........luffy looks nothing like dragon so i would assume he looks like his mother. he looks so much like shanks, maybe shnaks is his uncle on his mothers side.

ZenoArmani
November 04, 2009, 11:52 AM
I remember once in Vegapunk forums a girl, Ryukai_san, opened a thread in which she wrote that there was an old chinese myth or something which said that the four seas were ruled by animals. There was red dog, blue bird, yellow monkey and white dragon. Can't remeber who had which sea, but white dragon was in the east.
Can't remember if there was a source mentioned.

Hmm, which would be the other rulers then? Arlong, Enel, and Whitebeard? Enel would work as a bird, but who would be the dog and the monkey? Arlong was part shark, so it doesn't seem to fit, even though he had the highest bounty in the first sea Luffy went through. (Unless it's a "Sea Monkey" joke) I haven't really kept track of when in the story Luffy crossed between seas though.

Razh
November 04, 2009, 12:06 PM
Hmm, which would be the other rulers then? Arlong, Enel, and Whitebeard? Enel would work as a bird, but who would be the dog and the monkey? Arlong was part shark, so it doesn't seem to fit, even though he had the highest bounty in the first sea Luffy went through. (Unless it's a "Sea Monkey" joke) I haven't really kept track of when in the story Luffy crossed between seas though.

Eh?
It obviously applies to admirals. Yellow monkey, red dog, blue pheasant (a bird). Ring a bell?

Organizized
November 04, 2009, 12:07 PM

I think you misread it. In the chinese myth, the four "colored animals" ruled the four seas. I think the theory was about Dragon being an admiral, since both Red Dog, Yellow Monkey and Blue Pheasant are. Like, they were all rulers in the ancient myth, so they might have all been admirals in One Piece.

ZenoArmani
November 04, 2009, 12:15 PM
Okay. I thought about the whole "rulers of the seas" thing.

BlackHair
November 04, 2009, 12:48 PM
I heard of a another myth, which could be associated with the Yonko. The myth is about the four guardians which represent the four direction: The Dragon of the East, the Bird of the South, the Tiger of the West, and the Tortoise of the North. Each of them has its own colour:
Tiger = white = Whitebeard
Bird = Red = Shanks
Dragon = green = ?
Tortoise= black = ?Well now Monkey D Dragon doesn't rly fit in. However those four guardians are guarding the center, which in the myth is China. If we now assign the myth to One Piece, I think the center could represent the revolution army, with Dragon in its core. After all he is the most wanted and the most dangerous criminal around and the Yonko are criminals themselves. So I thought about a connection here.

Anyway, Im most likely off with my thoughts, just wanted to throw another idea. btw I also heard about a golden dragon, who guards/represent the sun... there are rly too many of those myths :P

goldb
November 04, 2009, 01:18 PM
Here's what I found on the Dragon of the East:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragon_King_of_the_East_Sea

You could quite easily relate some of what's been said to Dragon...

I think each of the animals are part of the four constellation:

PS: I haven't had time to read it yet as I'm off to work, but I'll check this thread tomorrow and see for any interesting posts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four_Symbols_%28Chinese_constellation%29

Bugzee
November 06, 2009, 09:37 PM
I get the feeling that Dragon initiated his revolutionary idea (or what i like to call his 'baby-steps' in regards to his perspective of the WG, and going totally against them) when Gold Roger was executed!

Yans86
November 07, 2009, 06:32 AM
I don't get why Dragon would have been and admiral while his father was a VA,and the "Hero" of the marines......it doesn' make sense at all!!!

Akainu
November 07, 2009, 08:40 AM
where doesn't it make sense? you don't put an old man on top who is weaker than his son. ranks are almost always reflecting how strong and loyal the marines are. so theoretically a son can be ranked above his father, even if he is the "hero of the marines", which in turn only reflected that Garp was the one "capturing" Gol D. (so in fact he has done nothing).
that aside, who says they weren' both admirals and Garp was demoted due to age or his sons treason :oh

Razh
November 07, 2009, 08:41 AM
I don't get why Dragon would have been and admiral while his father was a VA,and the "Hero" of the marines......it doesn' make sense at all!!!

Nobody is saying that he was. But it's not impossible.

You don't get why Dragon would have been an admiral, while Garp wasn't?
Garp is obviously not suited for high positions. Look at how he behaves. It's possible that he didn't want to be an admiral or even that Dragon was stronger than him.
It's also possible, if Dragon was an admiral, that Garp couldn't become an admiral for his son's sins.

This is of course all speculation. I don't think Dargon was an admiral, but still, there's a chance that he was.

Black Lagoon
November 07, 2009, 08:53 AM

Garp could have been a fleet Admiral, but at this moment, who do you think is stronger? Dragon or Garp?
Obviously ... Dragon...

Yans86
November 07, 2009, 09:25 AM
1)Lol,at this moment is a total different matter that "YOU" r bringing out,not "ME"......so don't pu on me words that I didn't use to begin with...

2)How old do u think Dragon is?
Your "hero" of the marine,Monkey D. Garp,cornered Roger many times until 22 years ago likely....
If said Garp was around 60 at the time,Dragon would have been around 40.....but now having 60 and not even a white hair.....mah......admiral at his 30......meh....at his 20.....meh meh meh.......

Anyway,the "strenght to be admiral" doesn't mean u'll become one........SMOKER cough cough cough.........

Akainu
November 07, 2009, 09:30 AM
smoker is far away from being an admiral. an admiral would have likely wiped the floor with Hancock and her haki, being perfectly aware about her abilities.

that's the problem though, we can't tell how strong dragon is, we only know he is dangerous and feared, but that could also be due to knowledge, that much we know.
and again the "hero of the marines" isn't a hero at all, garp captured gol as much as smoker captured crocodile.

Razh
November 07, 2009, 10:15 AM
2)How old do u think Dragon is?
Your "hero" of the marine,Monkey D. Garp,cornered Roger many times until 22 years ago likely....
If said Garp was around 60 at the time,Dragon would have been around 40.....but now having 60 and not even a white hair.....mah......admiral at his 30......meh....at his 20.....meh meh meh.......

Anyway,the "strenght to be admiral" doesn't mean u'll become one........SMOKER cough cough cough.........

What does age have to do with anything?

And your numbers are wrong. If Dragon was an admiral he was one 10-15 years ago, that would be some time after Luffy was born.
Why couldn't he have been an admiral in his twenties? Meh? That all you got?

Also, it seems that Smoker has at least met Dragon at some point in his life.
This (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/100/19/) is no way to talk to someone you have never met before.

chess4
November 07, 2009, 10:43 AM
im sure dragons knows about the will of d and something that the WG doesnt want to get out. i willing to bet anything its info on the ancient kingdom and the void century

Yans86
November 08, 2009, 08:22 AM
How do u know that an admiral would wipe the floor with Hancock???which admiral are we talking about???Did Smoker loose in an all out battle against her???What admiral r u talking about???the actual aren't the past.......at the time Ohara was wiped out,Akainu and Aokiji were just VA and SenGoku admiral......to begin with....
and well,Garp is the "hero" of the marine because he cornered Roger many times,no one ever said that he was the "one" to capture him.....even if Roger gave his son to him......U know it,I knwo it,we all know it!!!and likely had a lot alongside SenGoku,with WB too......

And well,mentioning WB....between the guys he mentioned being from the Old Times,knowing the seas and still alive,Dragon wasn't mentioned....If Dragon was an admiral back then he would probably have fought them...

Dragon becoming admiral and leaving Luffy behind???meh.....and well,this doesn't add up with Ivankov timelie and Kuma......
and well,age means a lot cause is not like u join marines and having power means that u go up the ladder to admiral position in few years or for few/some big achievements.

Anyway,u can throw what u want,but saying that Dragon was an admiral is just.........meh.......

Saying he was a marine would be a total different matter,an higher up??don't know.....but still it would be mentioned somewhere.....Dragon "the traitor" ecc..ecc....since it isn't ,keep on talking on this topic is worthless IMO.
Anyway if u expect Oda to do something so "lame".....it's not my problem.....

dragon is such a big mistery,that probably holds bigger keys to the story that him just being an ex admiral doesn' fit at all......

BlackHair
November 08, 2009, 08:33 AM
About Dragon: I believe (of course without any basics) he was a former member of the Roger pirates. Rayleigh stated that they found out the true world history after conquering the GL. With Roger disbanding his crew, Dragon might have created his organisation to overthrow the WG. His motivation for that could be the history what he found out. Of course he didn't started immediately. Since that wouldn't fit time-wise with the WG meeting (flashback). But I think he must have started his revolutionary movement some time after Luffy's birth.

Lord Rayleigh
November 08, 2009, 11:25 AM
About Dragon: I believe (of course without any basics) he was a former member of the Roger pirates. Rayleigh stated that they found out the true world history after conquering the GL. With Roger disbanding his crew, Dragon might have created his organisation to overthrow the WG. His motivation for that could be the history what he found out. Of course he didn't started immediately. Since that wouldn't fit time-wise with the WG meeting (flashback). But I think he must have started his revolutionary movement some time after Luffy's birth.
That would also explain the little different in age of Ace and Luffy. After Roger was killed, Dragon was at Logue Town as Buggy and Shanks were. Then, he travelled in East Blue as he was there and met a woman in Fushia Town and had a kid with her. As he was a pirate, he could not stay there and left her.
Indeed, who would expect Dragon to have lived for a long time in East Blue as a normal human being and then decided to have a family one day and another one to leave it : that seems unrealistic knowing that Luffy is said to be the most wanted man that comes from Fushia Town and East Blue, that Dragon still consider East Blue his home town (flashback with Ivankov). That would also mean that one day in Fushia Town something changed his life and made him leave his family before his kid was born : it seems very unlikely.
After that, he created the revolution side : indeed Dragon was just a new known revolutionary at the meeting of the 20 kings (when Vivi was a child, and so Luffy was). That's why Luffy really never knew his dad because otherwise, he could have known him between the time he was born and the time when Dragon began to be known. All that fits well.
But that would mean Dragon was as Shanks and Buggy a trainee on Gold Roger'ship.

Bugzee
November 15, 2009, 01:31 PM
I think BlackHair has a great theory! To me Dragon looks younger then Rayliegh & Crocus, he might've been one of the youngest members of Roger's main crew. I'm sure he would've known about the whole truth in regards to the void century and the WG's history if he was part of Roger's crew. Maybe, that also played a part in Dragon deciding to form the RV's...so much stuff Oda has yet to reveal to us...

mr.danly
November 15, 2009, 02:54 PM
actually Dragon is probably around the same age as Shanks and buggy. To me, Dragon looks like a man in his late 30's or early 40's. Shanks and buggy were both teenagers on the Pirate King's ship, 26 years ago, so they would both also be in their 40's.

Finale
November 15, 2009, 06:10 PM
How do u know that an admiral would wipe the floor with Hancock???which admiral are we talking about???Did Smoker loose in an all out battle against her???What admiral r u talking about???the actual aren't the past.......at the time Ohara was wiped out,Akainu and Aokiji were just VA and SenGoku admiral......to begin with....
and well,Garp is the "hero" of the marine because he cornered Roger many times,no one ever said that he was the "one" to capture him.....even if Roger gave his son to him......U know it,I knwo it,we all know it!!!and likely had a lot alongside SenGoku,with WB too......

And well,mentioning WB....between the guys he mentioned being from the Old Times,knowing the seas and still alive,Dragon wasn't mentioned....If Dragon was an admiral back then he would probably have fought them...

Dragon becoming admiral and leaving Luffy behind???meh.....and well,this doesn't add up with Ivankov timelie and Kuma......
and well,age means a lot cause is not like u join marines and having power means that u go up the ladder to admiral position in few years or for few/some big achievements.

Anyway,u can throw what u want,but saying that Dragon was an admiral is just.........meh.......

Saying he was a marine would be a total different matter,an higher up??don't know.....but still it would be mentioned somewhere.....Dragon "the traitor" ecc..ecc....since it isn't ,keep on talking on this topic is worthless IMO.
Anyway if u expect Oda to do something so "lame".....it's not my problem.....

dragon is such a big mistery,that probably holds bigger keys to the story that him just being an ex admiral doesn' fit at all......

I never said that Dragon was an admiral during the time of Roger. This discussion isnt just about my own theory about his origins, it's about whatever anyone thinks his origins might be. Heck someone can come here and say that Dragon screwed the daughter of a Goreseai and formed the Revolutionaries because he didnt like her daddy for all i care.I see that you posted earlier in the discussion so when did talking about Dragon's origin become pointless? Until Oda comes out and tells us where he got his Revolutionary roots from it isnt. As you said Dragon is a big mystery and thats what we are here to explore. Thats what people love about One Piece almost nothing is too farfetched to happen in it.

Dung D Manh
November 15, 2009, 08:17 PM
LordR-BkHar: I like the thought but you guys are just making up your own fantasy right? Because that make no sence to me, no offense. It mock Oda genius story and even if it had a 1% chance of being right, it would be the most uninteresting thing about the whole story. Dnt be mad about this but come on? Would you honestly want that to be the case? OP is far more greater, and interesting then that to me! I'm trying not to write a long para like yans to back up anything, (feeling too lazy 4 that) and I dnt think I need to tell ya'll much why if you know all knowledgeable info about OP, and think deeply about all that you know.

And not to get off topic so I dnt think Dragon use to be a Pirate or else like yans mention it would have been said about it, given the many chances where it could have been said. Ex, WB talking with shanks, Ray could've mention him and etc, cause if he was he should have surely be well know even if not strong enough *doubted its the case* but for having a dad like Garp unless WG didn't know then. *again doubted* (Think hard if you have to about it.) Just thinking logistically there just doesn't seem to be reason to think Dragon had a Piracy background. Not thinking logically we can think he use to be an Adm/Pirate or heck even Sen Rival as kids? Yeah I consider things before speaking it and I'm open minded to things. Its not impossible but its not possible. Ahahahah *Confusing myself with that* If offended by anything said here just ignore it please. For what its worth I'm trying to predict what could Dragon story be but knowing Oda I can't get a 1 prediction and stick to it. Its one of the reason why OP is so interesting by being unpredictable.

chess4
November 15, 2009, 10:03 PM
nothing about luffy's mother has been mentioned so far in the manga. luffy doesnt look anything like dragon, so he must look like his mother. i think part of the reason dragon decided to do what he is doing is because of luffy's mother.

maybe she was killed and the WG had something to do with it. Whatever happened to dragon it had to be pretty rough for him to leave luffy behind.

i think shanks and dragon have came in contact with each other and thus is the reason shanks took to luffy the way he did. maybe shanks is dragon's brother in law. he looks a lot like luffy

Fox666
November 16, 2009, 03:27 AM
I think that Luffy's mother was never mentioned, and we don't know if she is alive or dead.

Is Dandan a male name?

Asmael
November 16, 2009, 03:46 AM
My theory so far is the following:

Dragon was a member of some pirate crew (maybe even Gol D. Rogers, althrough the very lax attitude by King Cobra and the other royals 10 years ago does contradict that), maybe a navigator due to his passion for wind. Than he somehow found out about the true history (which is why I think he was in Rogers Crew) and sweared to destroy a governement, which is mainly based on lies. I might also be possible, that he was in some different Pirate Crew and e.g. the Buster Call or something else inspired him to stand up against the WG and he found out about the true history later. But I think that hes in the known of what really happened back them, which is why hes one of the most feared and searched men at the moment.

BlackHair
November 16, 2009, 09:18 AM
LordR-BkHar: I like the thought but you guys are just making up your own fantasy right?Of course we are. I even mentioned it in the very first sentence of my post. So what's wrong with that? Isn't the purpose of this thread to come up with some ideas? I mean we have no real background information on Dragon. He is one of the most mysterious character in the entire story. It's only natural for fans to come up with some ideas.

Anyway, I just tried to come up with a idea for Dragon's motives for being a revolutionist. Knowing the true story could be a good reason. Since it was mentioned that the Roger pirates found out the true history, I tried to combine that with Dragon's possible motive. But in the end, like u already said Im probably off.

Black Lagoon
November 16, 2009, 01:00 PM
@ BlackHair- fantasy or not, I like it, and would make some senses if Oda doesn't come up with other possible reasons. :thumbs

Poneglyph420
November 16, 2009, 03:13 PM
It hasn't been brought up that Dragon was raised by Garp, but wasn't a high ranking Marine?? I think Dragon knows the secrets of the Void Century for sure, and perhaps more than that too. It could be that Garp just told him, and then he split... and along his journey he has amassed the power, skill, and allies to form the Revolutionaries. And as far as what's his literal origin, probably wherever Garp was based...

I really like that we can all share ideas here, even if we don't agree. @ Dung: My momma says "When you have nothing constructive to say... Say nothing."

Dung D Manh
November 16, 2009, 05:11 PM
Of course we are. I even mentioned it in the very first sentence of my post. So what's wrong with that? Isn't the purpose of this thread to come up with some ideas? I mean we have no real background information on Dragon. He is one of the most mysterious character in the entire story. It's only natural for fans to come up with some ideas.

Anyway, I just tried to come up with a idea for Dragon's motives for being a revolutionist. Knowing the true story could be a good reason. Since it was mentioned that the Roger pirates found out the true history, I tried to combine that with Dragon's possible motive. But in the end, like u already said Im probably off.

Sorry brohan, I understand and I was being to sensitive, this is what I really wanted to comment about it, simply it was very uninteresting! Most mysterious character? Yeah, he's mysterious but theres also the 5 elders, haki, raftel and etc mystery. All which I consider before saying something about anything else. Yes this is a threads for predicting Dragon background but does it mean it shouldn't be about prediction that has facts, make sense and has more believing detail to consider in the consumption? Your probably not off probably to Oda/others, but just to me, You're exactly Off. hahaha

@Pony My momma always says......nvm yo, I agree with you momma. hahaha

Poneglyph420
November 16, 2009, 05:25 PM
Sorry brohan, I understand and I was being to sensitive, this is what I really wanted to comment about it, simply it was very uninteresting! Most mysterious character? Yeah, he's mysterious but theres also the 5 elders, haki, raftel and etc mystery. All which I consider before saying something about anything else. Yes this is a threads for predicting Dragon background but does it mean it shouldn't be about prediction that has facts, make sense and has more believing detail to consider in the consumption? Your probably not off probably to Oda/others, but just to me, You're exactly Off. hahaha

@Pony My momma always says......nvm yo, I agree with you momma. hahaha

Umm Thanks, if you see my post there is a plausible and possibly accurate prediction. I was hoping we could have a discussion including you as well. Seems you prefer negativity.

I really think Dragon had no ties to anyone..

Dung D Manh
November 16, 2009, 05:37 PM
It hasn't been brought up that Dragon was raised by Garp, but wasn't a high ranking Marine?? I think Dragon knows the secrets of the Void Century for sure, and perhaps more than that too. It could be that Garp just told him, and then he split... and along his journey he has amassed the power, skill, and allies to form the Revolutionaries. And as far as what's his literal origin, probably wherever Garp was based...

I really like that we can all share ideas here, even if we don't agree. @ Dung: My momma says "When you have nothing constructive to say... Say nothing."

Im more positive then negative yo, its just my words doesn't seem nice. Hahahah I agree Dragon definitely know all info about the VC or just something about it, that can be said with facts. I'm not against ideas, but like you said we can't all agree with one.

I blame BL for making it seem like I'm harsh, I didnt say I didnt like the idea, I just said it would be uninteresting and not much reasonable. (but apparently its just me?)

BlackHair
November 16, 2009, 11:45 PM
Honestly I rly believe his wife (Luffy's mother) was killed by the WG. Doesn't rly have to be killed directly by them, but she died because of them. Hence his motives for going against the WG. Simpl revenge. However I don't want that to happen, I rly hope Im wrong with that. Even though in my eyes it is the most easiest idea to happen.

@Dung D Manh (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/member.php?u=106130): You disagree with everything and u are not able to come up with something. Why do even bother posting in this thread?

LDSaint
November 17, 2009, 01:37 AM
wow i never thought of dragon being an ex marine before. but that can be very likely because to me dragon has to have a reason to go against the WG. so for me that means he has to no about the Void centery y else would he want to destroy the WG. cause they killed his wife hmm maybe but destroying the whole government that is control of the world is a bit far for revenge? well IMO it is. so thats y i think he nos about the Void centery it was obviously something horiffic that happened in the past.

Bugzee
November 19, 2009, 04:54 PM
Honestly I rly believe his wife (Luffy's mother) was killed by the WG. Doesn't rly have to be killed directly by them, but she died because of them. Hence his motives for going against the WG. Simpl revenge. However I don't want that to happen, I rly hope Im wrong with that. Even though in my eyes it is the most easiest idea to happen.

@Dung D Manh (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/member.php?u=106130): You disagree with everything and u are not able to come up with something. Why do even bother posting in this thread?

I think thats a great theory/idea for Dragon's opposal of the WG. But, I agree with you, I would prefer the reason to be something else.

Maybe, that Dadan guy is also with RV's?

Lord Rayleigh
November 20, 2009, 06:39 PM
A personal reason would be really bad for the character. I don't think so many people and countries would follow a man that seeks personal vengeance.
Bonaparte, " A man truly man does not hate. His anger and his bad moon do not last more than a minute. "
Who would like Dragon, a Monkey D, to be a slave of his hatred ?

Finale
November 23, 2009, 02:34 PM
A personal reason would be really bad for the character. I don't think so many people and countries would follow a man that seeks personal vengeance.
Bonaparte, " A man truly man does not hate. His anger and his bad moon do not last more than a minute. "
Who would like Dragon, a Monkey D, to be a slave of his hatred ?

I would have to agree. Everyone that Nico Robin ever knew was killed by the WG yet she isnt motivatd by revenge but a desire t o know the true history.

goldb
November 24, 2009, 09:40 AM
Since we're speculating about Dragon, has anyone wondered what it will be like when He and Luffy meet? if it has then dodge the question. I personally don't think he and Luffy will get on because his way of thinking and doing thing won't agree with Luffy.

Finale
November 25, 2009, 07:14 PM
It seems right now that Dragon is the only serious member of that family so who knows. He does seem to value freedom. However we dont really know his view on pirates in general. If he wants to overthrow the WG then the pirates that are left over will be a problem for whoever comes to power next. Can't wait to see if he has the family narcolepsy though. Dragon will be have a heated argument with Garp discussing the politics of the world and just before it comes to blows they both fall asleep on each other.

senewe
November 26, 2009, 07:56 PM
this maybe crazy,,
but i think

dragon is robin's dad

at one point, dragon traveled to ohara and met olivia. and they felt in love, got married. (that's why robin's hair is black. and i found almost all people in ohara were white-haired). from that, dragon knew about the void century, and how it is related to will of D. and i think the people carrying name D. are descendent of that unknown kingdom that annihilated at void century...
and because he knew that, he planed to form a rebel army to the WG

crazy idea, isn't it....

and that's why kuma sent robin to the bridge, because he want robin to meet the VA
and eventually VA attacked the bridge

RichardMNixon
November 26, 2009, 10:48 PM
Dragon is down with pirates: http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/100/01/

Finale
November 27, 2009, 11:12 AM
Dragon is down with pirates: http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/100/01/

I would have to say Peace Mains or whatever type they are called. As long as they sail for adventure and not going around just to pillage and kill. The reason people began to respect Hannybal of Impel Down is becuase he had a point about people being scared of pirates. There are some really unsavory ones out that that kill innocent people.

iFrozt
November 30, 2009, 06:49 AM
from the new world chapter 0
it shows that dragon was there when roger was executed

this could mean that dragon started out as a pirate like everybody else but during that 20ish year, something happened to him for him to form the Revolutionary Army roughly 5 years ago

urlaub
November 30, 2009, 11:03 AM
Maybe Draon is hiding himself with this coat, because he doesn't want to be seen. Of course maybe because of the rain, but still. This could mean that he was careful already then. This is a far fetch for a revolutionist altough. Maybe he belongs to a confession or something? But seriously, he could have been a pirate, revolutionary or a marine. Nothing is ruled out. There really are no sound arguments. All the arguments that start with the facts of his appearance, words or relations are disputable. I had my argument, but you could offer it too. For example Garp's son--Garp want's to raise marines(we presume that wish didn't appear with Ace and Luffy)--Dragon at the beginning a marine. And also: Dragon a revolitonary that want's to question the power of this world--a motive--motive could be possibly triggered by some knowledge about the world government's past(the other possibility is personal past)--hence he was on Rogers ship, because they knew about the void century(the other possibility he was a marine and grew to unlike the WG dirty means)-- hence a pirate or a marine in past.

Also there is this possibility that: 1. very unknown identity 2. so his been hiding himself purposely--motive?--to protect near ones, to not leak information? This does not though show his origin. But could lead to speculations about close ones(Robins dad etc). Or speculations about the importance of leaking information. Maybe they think that acting in secret is a more effective means. This however doesn't mean anything about Dragons origins again.

So all arguments are scrutinizable and maybe some more than others. The reason is that to little facts. Sceptics are triumphing.

Finale
December 04, 2009, 04:19 PM
If the islands of OP had more than one season, i would speculate that Dragon was the worlds greatest weatherman. We've seen that they have a sophisicated news agency for the world being the way it is. Well Dragon could have started out as a weatherman then decided to get into investigative journalism. He then either joined Roger's crew as an observer or got entrenched with a Marine detachment. Being with Roger, he came to respect him a great deal. After the disbandment of the Roger pirates, the WG tried to get Dragon to reveal all the secrets he learned while aboard Rgoer's ship. He refused out of respect for his friend and vanished before the WG could capture him. Now for the Marine side. Being attached to the Marines as a reporter he witnessed the despicableness of Absolute Justice and that made him form the Revolutionaries. Or he could also have been freelanced and visited islands that suffered the Buster Call.

Razh
December 04, 2009, 04:28 PM
Maybe Draon is hiding himself with this coat, because he doesn't want to be seen.

Also there is this possibility that: 1. very unknown identity 2. so his been hiding himself purposely--motive?--to protect near ones, to not leak information?

He doesn't have unknown identity. Everyone knows who he is since he's the world's most wanted man. Which is why he's hiding under the cloak when in WG controlled islands. So that when he walks the streets people don't just start screaming - Holy shit, it's fuckin' Dragon, call maaarineeees, quuuuicklyyyyyy!!!!!!!

As to why he was wearing a hood during Roger's execution, who knows. I don't think he was that well known then. WG did not recognize him as a threat until 10 years later. Maybe it was just because of rain.

Poneglyph420
December 05, 2009, 02:04 AM
I would have to say Peace Mains or whatever type they are called. As long as they sail for adventure and not going around just to pillage and kill. The reason people began to respect Hannybal of Impel Down is becuase he had a point about people being scared of pirates. There are some really unsavory ones out that that kill innocent people.

Yeah totally in "Romance Dawn" They were called Morgania. And they are all over the place it seems.

As far as the fact that we see Dragon at the execution of Roger it shows he has some history with that age. But for sure we have no idea if he was a pirate. But I'd think he was more likely to have been a pirate than a Marine.

Then again you never know with Oda.
He might of just heard so much from Garp he had to see for himself.

iKeno
December 05, 2009, 09:49 AM
this maybe crazy,,
but i think

dragon is robin's dad

at one point, dragon traveled to ohara and met olivia. and they felt in love, got married. (that's why robin's hair is black. and i found almost all people in ohara were white-haired). from that, dragon knew about the void century, and how it is related to will of D. and i think the people carrying name D. are descendent of that unknown kingdom that annihilated at void century...
and because he knew that, he planed to form a rebel army to the WG

crazy idea, isn't it....

and that's why kuma sent robin to the bridge, because he want robin to meet the VA
and eventually VA attacked the bridge
Wouldn't Garp have told her at the same time he told Luffy about his father? Nah man I don't think he's her dad.