PDA

View Full Version : About the strawhats

Lord Kyran
November 04, 2009, 09:33 AM
I've been away from One Piece for some time and now that I've caught back up, I find myself wondering why in the world have the strawhats not been reintroduced back in the story?

I would have loved to see them take part in the war, they are strong enough to make a difference, especially Zoro.

Am I missing something? Does anyone have any ideas as to why they are being kept on the sidelines for soo long? Seems like such a waste to me.

Bucks
November 04, 2009, 09:39 AM
My theory is that this is a training arc for them.

Nami got sent a sky island that deals with weather, Sanji is running away from transvestites, Franky got sent to a island with advanced technologies. and Luffy got sent to a island full of Haki users. I can't remember exactly where the other characters are doing, but it'll probably end up advancing their powers.

BlackHair
November 04, 2009, 09:52 AM
Oda scattering the SHs back on SA was surely a bad move. He could have easily send them to same island. But well it is already like a year ago, so me complaing now is just retarded.

Anyway, I believe the SH will find themselves together after the war. Which might be sometime early 2010. Also I agree on the power-up thing. While Im pretty sure we won't see any rantings arcs, the SHs will be stronger, that's for definite.

chess4
November 04, 2009, 10:36 AM
here is my theory about the strawhats and their potential upgrades.

luffy-his is obvious, king haki has been introduced and im sure this is his next upgrade. he has made some very strong relationships by going to impel down and to save ace; jinbei(fishman pirates) boa(kuja pirates) buggy(new buggy pirates), and the WB pirates. all of this will serve the strawhats well.

zoro- not entirely sure. seems like the person watching him is a swordsman, so maybe zoro gets a bit of training from that person.

sanji-okama kimpo? mr 2's style fighting is odd but effective, and since sanji is on okama island im sure a few of them know this style. maybe the reason sanji is dressed in drag(i really hate that:mad) is because they are about to teach him a modified version of okama kimpo and he will intergrate it into what he already knows.

nami-hers is clear. she will incorporate the windknot into her climate stick. maybe she learns some other things about navigating in bad weather and how to predict weather paterns better.

franky-his is also obvious. he will find some of vegapunks old parts and give himself a weapons upgrade.

robin-i dont think she gain upgrade her power but maybe she learns info from the RA on the ponyglymphs or something else pertaining to the voild century or some other valuable info.

usopp-no clue maybe he becomes braver by being on the island, or maybe hercules shows him how to shoot and aim faster.

brook-he uses music as a defense, so maybe he learns that but if not that, then no clue.

chopper-he can talk to both animal and humans so maybe he can have both sides come to some type of agreement because of chopper. maybe they help him kearn how to control his 3 rumble balls transformation.

and dont let me forget.............the thousand sunny is getting coated

evozoku
November 04, 2009, 12:27 PM
^ I predict that Zoro is on Dracule Mihawk's home island (note the misty, transilvania-like castle, and the giant cross), and he's going to strengthen his spirit by overcoming that girl's (don't remember her name) negative ghosts while fighting a swordsman(s) still on the island.

If Oda wanted to strengthen the crew, it would have taken way too long/impossible for the whole crew to go to each of these islands. And they all need to get prepared quickly if they're going to be sailing in the New World.

ZenoArmani
November 04, 2009, 03:44 PM
Good catch with the cross pointing towards Mihawk's home grounds. I suppose I didn't catch it because of the somewhat "Transylvanian"/"fiction Eastern European" atmosphere, whereas Mihawk's moustache looks a little more like some Western-European stereotype.

Lord Rayleigh
November 04, 2009, 03:50 PM
Let's make sure this thread does not turn into a Where They Are & Why Kuma Threw Them There (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42574)

Poneglyph420
November 04, 2009, 04:56 PM
I personally feel that Oda did an amazing job with dispersing the SH and creating an enviornment where they can all grow. It's not like either Oda, Us or the even the OP cast have all the time needed to quest to the point where all the SH would have sufficent time to gain the knowledge/ skill needed.

After what Moria said to the SH at the end of Thriller Bark, seems like Kuma was really the hero of the SH in the end. Without his actions they would be a paste on a wall somewhere...

If the SH were in Marineford now not only would they prove useless but would hinder Luffy's actions... (Who do I save my Bro or my Nakama??)

Also we still need to see HOW they get back together..that might be the best part yet....

bittman
November 04, 2009, 06:23 PM
I thought it was pretty obvious why this happened: Oda is mixing it up. Sure, we love the Strawhat's arrive at island, 8 enemies are introduced and each Strawhat faces off against one formula, but it can get old if it's all that happens.

So Oda disperses the Strawhat's in order to bring a difference to the story. I also believe that if the Strawhat's had participated in this war, Oda would be wasting pages on Chopper when he'd much rather develop a character we know little about like Whitebeard. So it's really a good bit of forethought so that the pages aren't a clutter of Strawhat's amongst a clutter of enormously powerful and influential characters when it's really their time to shine.

At least Oda got Luffy into this war. I always thought Luffy would remain unaware and we'd take the reader's eyes away from the Strawhat's completely whilst showing off the WB v WG war.

Besides, if they hadn't have split we never would have seen some great Hancock scenes or the greatest jailbreak I've ever read.

beastboy
November 04, 2009, 06:29 PM
One Piece >> prision break ahah!

I liked this Idea of separating but I think that this war will reach a point were the SH's arrive and take Luffy (and maybe Ace) away, while WB and crew hang the marines..
and then it shows on the news papers (WB and several pirate crews from NW died in the war, only x persons were able to escape)

Razh
November 05, 2009, 12:23 PM
I don't know why so many people are whining how there aren't other SH. Luffy is the main character after all. At least we know where they are and what they're doing. They had to be separated in order for the story to develop as it did.
If Kuma sent them all in the same place, they could have never entered Impel Down, none of the prisoners would have escaped and they probably wouldn't be able to make it to Marineford in time. Jinbei would have just been shown and we probably wouldn't even hear about Ivankov. It would stink, in short.

And god i hope none of them appears in this battle, because it would ruin everything. I hope the people who hope for that are aware of it.

beastboy
November 05, 2009, 06:28 PM
why would it ruin everything?
IMO after everybody shows what they have to show.. the SH could just show their improvements showing up in this war!

Razh
November 05, 2009, 06:59 PM
why would it ruin everything?
IMO after everybody shows what they have to show.. the SH could just show their improvements showing up in this war!

Yeah, they all improved in 3 days and then they'll magically appear to turn the tide in the battle in which one of Yonkou, New World captains, admirals and vice-admirals are participating. Yeah, it would kinda ruin it for me.
Who cares what they can show, in this battle anyway. There's plenty of time for that.

I could live if they came some time after the battle, but that too is a stretch. I don't know where the others are, but Nami is on some sky island and Robin is in East Blue.
If Oda decides to bring all of the SH to battle and makes a damn good explanation for it, I'll build a shrine for him and pray in it every morning and evening.

k-dom
November 06, 2009, 06:10 PM
when you think about it, it would have been hard to make the last arcs shorter. And it's even more true than the Strawhat appearance in the current war would be awkward. I am already wondering what Luffy will be able to do.
but it's true that I'm missing them, until now Oda did a good job in giving all the crew some credits and I thank him for that. Anyway, the fact that the cover stories where only 2 chapter long makes me think that it will not take that long anymore before we see them again

BlackHair
November 07, 2009, 08:12 PM
Im not one of those who suck up everything what Oda gives us as "Epic". Imo the whole SHs scatter part was a boring move. Maybe that just me but I think Oda could have done a better job by sending the SHs to the same place. After all we will have after the war a whole bunch of chapters wasted on the reunion. Hence Mermaid Island and generally the NW will get further and further delayed.

msg
November 08, 2009, 01:52 AM
yeesh..i miss chopper, i miss nami, miss zoro, Why is there no strawhats?.*whine whine*
aww come on.soak the "epicness" that's currently happening right now..of this freaking great "war".I know i am.Lemme see ..The reintroduction of the old and new characters such as buggy and akainu,one of the younkous that is WB and his 14 commanders.
Their interactions and personalities ..etc.What a great way to introduce some of the pirates from the new world...Doma, squardo, etc

Seriously Who needs the strawhats in this war.They barely beat one kuma let alone escaping from kizaru, how do you expected them to beat mutiple sichibukais and admirals?...let alone Luffy who is having a super hard time saving Ace.Zoro vs mihawk? pfft..not a chance for zoro.Not in this war yet but later part .They are just like ants crossing the paths of a walking elephant.Seriously rlly what they can do in this war.

I'm glad oda send them away for their power ups and for their safeties...to become stronger and for the preparation for entering the new world.Really hope the strawhats will not be reunited after at least after 25 to 35 chapters.Heck as long as it can, the better.
I know i'm not missing the strawhats... this story is about Luffy anyway.

Razh
November 08, 2009, 02:58 AM
Im not one of those who suck up everything what Oda gives us as "Epic". Imo the whole SHs scatter part was a boring move. Maybe that just me but I think Oda could have done a better job by sending the SHs to the same place. After all we will have after the war a whole bunch of chapters wasted on the reunion. Hence Mermaid Island and generally the NW will get further and further delayed.

SH needed a slap in the face to wake up a little. Change is good, and no crew is completely inseparable.
Things would have worked out pretty different if they were all together. And of course, we have no idea what Kuma had planned, it's obvious that he didn't send them to random islands. Maybe the stuff they are going to experience on those islands will help shorten some of the future events.

And as you said, whining about it now, makes little sense.:)

hdiuy
November 08, 2009, 07:29 AM
I almost want to think that the remaining SHs will drop down from the sky via somekind of special porter. With Dragon & co behind them. Right now i don't really miss the other SHs, i'm curious to see how Oda will handle their reunion.

chess4
December 11, 2009, 01:34 PM
the strawhats needed to get stronger in their own right. they have a very small crew, so they dont need any weak links. if a large battle happens, they have plenty of back up from all the friends they have made over their journey.

they are just a younger version of the red hairs............crazy fearless captain, super cool vice captain, 2nd mate with the oral fixation, and the ace shooter
[hr]
the strawhats have made some many allies along the way and this a few.

-each one of the strawhats home town comrades(except brook and robin)
-the skypea kingdom
-the elbaf giant captains
-lola and her crew
-rayleigh and shakki
-the red hair pirates
-the whitebeard pirates
-the sunny pirates(via jinbei)
-the kuja pirates
-the revolutionary army
-the new buggy pirates(that includes mr 3, who i think will be his new VC
-garp
-koby
-helmelppo
-mr 2(may be dead)
-the fruity kingdom(via sanji)
-hurcules(via usopp)
-perona(via zoro)
-the weather kingdom(via nami)
-the future island people(via frankie)

*lola's mom could be a possible ally as well.

i cant wait until the next great battle, when luffy is battling BB for the title of pirate king.
[hr]
the strawhats are obviously getting upgrades before they get back together...........some are obvious. they will began to tap into some of the potential but not master it

luffy-king haki

franky-parts upgrade

nami-wind knot and better understanding of weather patterns and stuff

chopper-began to control 3 rumble transformation(possible awakened zoan)

zoro-is on mihawks island..the person with the sword will teach him so stuff

robin-she cant upgrade her power.........she will instead get info from the RA

sanji-will incorporate some okama kenpo into his own style(he wont be a sissy though:p

brook-will learnsome music attack techs similar to srcratchman apoo

usopp-be braver and possibly some long range attack strategy

*on the strong world poster, usopp has hurcules's head gear on. maybe the 10th movie will have some relevance to the manga down the road

lastly-thousand is getting coated............maybe rayleigh adds a weapon or 2

ANBU4U
December 19, 2009, 03:02 PM
the strawhats needed to get stronger in their own right. they have a very small crew, so they dont need any weak links. if a large battle happens, they have plenty of back up from all the friends they have made over their journey.

they are just a younger version of the red hairs............crazy fearless captain, super cool vice captain, 2nd mate with the oral fixation, and the ace shooter
<hr noshade size="1">
the strawhats have made some many allies along the way and this a few.

-each one of the strawhats home town comrades(except brook and robin)
-the skypea kingdom
-the elbaf giant captains
-lola and her crew
-rayleigh and shakki
-the red hair pirates
-the whitebeard pirates
-the sunny pirates(via jinbei)
-the kuja pirates
-the revolutionary army
-the new buggy pirates(that includes mr 3, who i think will be his new VC
-garp
-koby
-helmelppo
-mr 2(may be dead)
-the fruity kingdom(via sanji)
-hurcules(via usopp)
-perona(via zoro)
-the weather kingdom(via nami)
-the future island people(via frankie)

*lola's mom could be a possible ally as well.

i cant wait until the next great battle, when luffy is battling BB for the title of pirate king.
<hr noshade size="1">
the strawhats are obviously getting upgrades before they get back together...........some are obvious. they will began to tap into some of the potential but not master it

luffy-king haki

franky-parts upgrade

nami-wind knot and better understanding of weather patterns and stuff

chopper-began to control 3 rumble transformation(possible awakened zoan)

zoro-is on mihawks island..the person with the sword will teach him so stuff

robin-she cant upgrade her power.........she will instead get info from the RA

sanji-will incorporate some okama kenpo into his own style(he wont be a sissy though:p

brook-will learnsome music attack techs similar to srcratchman apoo

usopp-be braver and possibly some long range attack strategy

*on the strong world poster, usopp has hurcules's head gear on. maybe the 10th movie will have some relevance to the manga down the road

lastly-thousand is getting coated............maybe rayleigh adds a weapon or 2

The Red-haired Pirates are actually pretty large.

chess4
December 19, 2009, 04:32 PM
The Red-haired Pirates are actually pretty large.

im talking about the top 4 members, and yes i consider usopp one of the top 4strawhats. the strawhats will never have a large crew

Bucks
December 19, 2009, 05:34 PM
As of late, I get the feeling a time-skip is more and more likely.

chess4
December 19, 2009, 05:51 PM
As of late, I get the feeling a time-skip is more and more likely.

so do i..........oda said that movie 10 would be the last time we see luffy as a 17 year old. invankov said his healing hormones would take 10 years off luffy's life. maybe after this war, luffy's body will rapidly mature and he will be 27.