PDA

View Full Version : Chapter One Piece 564 Discussion / 565 Prediction

Pages : [1] 2

Akainu
November 05, 2009, 06:13 AM
If you haven't seen the goodies yet, you can check them out in the Spoiler Pics & Summaries (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55088) thread. This is where you can discuss all about them. But remember no spamming.

But remember: NO SPOILERS OUTSIDE THE SPOILER THREADS. This rule will be strictly enforced. Please respect those that don't want to be spoiled. Thanks.

As some of you might already know, One Piece is taking a break, so we won't get a chapter in the week starting 11/9.
Spoilers can be expected to surface as of 11/16 earliest.

Raw is out, grab it here (http://mangahelpers.com/m/one-piece/chapters/564) !

RichardMNixon
November 16, 2009, 08:11 AM
From google, sounded like Whitebeard quaked out VA John Giant, the admirals came at him together, and Akainu rained fire from the sky. This battle is going to be nuts.

chess4
November 16, 2009, 08:21 AM
so it seems the admirals will be busy with WB. when this battle is animated this battle will be crazy

monkey D luffy
November 16, 2009, 08:26 AM
wow i really wanna know what happenes in this chapter besides what we already know as i assume WB quaking out john giant takes just one page or a double spread at most.

shailks
November 16, 2009, 08:33 AM
An earthquake attack to someones heart, couldn't have hear it anywhere else...I don't know but it sounds funny to me...

gesgift
November 16, 2009, 08:51 AM
An earthquake attack to someones heart, couldn't have hear it anywhere else...I don't know but it sounds funny to me...

Way to go against the 'absolute Justice' Guys like John! Although I don't think any admiral will fall, I sure hope the'll get rid of Akainu, I think he's a bastard (Gengoku-style).

Hitsug@ya ta1ch0u
November 16, 2009, 08:54 AM
UWAH!!!!!!! John Giant down in one blow, wtf this guy's been hyped as one of the strongest of the VAs since day 1.

zozo96
November 16, 2009, 08:57 AM
(A little out of topic, I've been wondering so long, why don't the spoilers providers give us all texts at once? On a contrary, they give us in parts. Just a thought of mine. Lol).

So, it's been confirmed. John Giant is down with one blow to his heart! Wow, the wounded WB is still far more stronger than a vice-admiral of WG. I think he still in par with the admirals. I wonder how strong he is in his glory days.

And, wow, Oars' death (if he really is dead) gives the Marine troubles more than anyone had expected. I always love the way Oda links up minor details. No column in OP is a filler!

loloy
November 16, 2009, 08:59 AM
UWAH!!!!!!! John Giant down in one blow, wtf this guy's been hyped as one of the strongest of the VAs since day 1.

owned by the strongest man in the world

he's a giant after all
and it's a 1 hit K.O:pwned

Duc :D
November 16, 2009, 09:03 AM
oh no john giant was my favourite VA after Garp don't know why and now one blowed ..my gosh

BlackHair
November 16, 2009, 09:07 AM
Sounds bombastic. I want some pics.

UWAH!!!!!!! John Giant down in one blow, wtf this guy's been hyped as one of the strongest of the VAs since day 1.rly? I must have missed that.

chess4
November 16, 2009, 09:09 AM
we knew some of the VA had to go, so room could br made for smoker to become a VA after this battle.

sarutobi_sensei
November 16, 2009, 09:45 AM
Zomg this is nuts!

BlackHair
November 16, 2009, 10:01 AM
The same spoiler posted like 5 times xD So is Akainu's attack the last page of the chapter?

BlkHorus
November 16, 2009, 10:10 AM
WB isn't holding anything back. he is going str8 for ACE and taking out anyone that is in his way. THe quake on the heart is what shows he isn't holding back. ALL admirals had to take on WB's attack....crazy!

BlackHair
November 16, 2009, 10:14 AM
ALL admirals had to take on WB's attack....crazy!I hope "had to" is wrong. Let's wait for some pics.

In all respect to Whitebeard, but he shouldn't be as strong as three admirals all together. Such a overpowered character shouldn't exist.

Ero-Sanji
November 16, 2009, 10:29 AM
Nice...

This is awesome OHKO by the master himself!

Panda
November 16, 2009, 10:31 AM
:D It's probably planned to lure WB near the scaffold to trap and finish him in front of Ace.

Desman
November 16, 2009, 10:54 AM
:D It's probably planned to lure WB near the scaffold to trap and finish him in front of Ace.
hmmm? last episode there was noted that WB would assault in person so i doubt that he would be "trapped for final blow". Me thinks that Akainu wont hit WB :). As admirals assault on WB this creates opening for Luffy to get closer to Ace. Wonder if they show Boa and/or other Shichibukais?(sorry for typos cant spell) :D

Razh
November 16, 2009, 11:17 AM
I hope "had to" is wrong. Let's wait for some pics.

In all respect to Whitebeard, but he shouldn't be as strong as three admirals all together. Such a overpowered character shouldn't exist.

I don't think he's that strong, but I see nothing strange if they really had to work together to stop his quake. It doesn't mean that he's stronger than all of them together, it could just mean that single admiral power isn't enough to stop the attack by itself.

Desman
November 16, 2009, 11:23 AM
... It doesn't mean that he's stronger than all of them together, it could just mean that single admiral power isn't enough to stop the attack by itself.
Wb might be equal to two admirals. Just dont forget Marco and Jozu who are equal or close of admirals powers, does this give WB pirates stronger than marines?

◆ T.D.A ◆
November 16, 2009, 11:35 AM
Spoiler might be fake, I would say "pending" probably needs pics to confirm or prove false.

chess4
November 16, 2009, 12:09 PM
Spoiler might be fake, I would say "pending" probably needs pics to confirm or prove false.

i know some of the last few chapters............when we get early spoilers, they were half correct.

Black Lagoon
November 16, 2009, 12:22 PM
Till now it sounds good and nothing special, I'll wait for something more elaborated. :noworry

sarutobi_sensei
November 16, 2009, 12:31 PM
I really don't want it to be fake, but I hope there's a lot more than just WB trashing around the place x)

Akainu
November 16, 2009, 12:35 PM
k, so if you don't want to discuss the spoilers, leave it. seriously, writing nothing is sometimes better than writing something with no content ;)

about the verification of the spoiler: it's the same early spoiler source as before it seems, so it doesn't hurt assuming it's legit, I don't know about other series spoilers, but here he was correct most of the times. it's not like he writes much anyway!

that said, it would make perfect sense for oars blocking the iron wall and also WB's attack as strong as needing all three of the admirals to stop it - he's still the strongest man in the world and he just had some VA for breakfast - how much diffrence between them and the admirals do you think there is? can't be that much after all.

RichardMNixon
November 16, 2009, 12:45 PM
If you're that upset about all three admirals stopping his attack: think of it like this:

One admiral could stop the attack and be wounded. Three could each take a third of the attack and come out ok. It's just teamwork.

I would like to know what Luffy is up to.

Razh
November 16, 2009, 01:22 PM
I suppose there's a lot more stuff going on. This spoiler probably just contains parts of the chapter. Well, I hope. I can hardly imagine Whitebeard destroying John Giant and trying to destroy the stand as admirals defend it and Oars blocking the walls and bleeding into the mechanism taking all the pages.

beastboy
November 16, 2009, 01:40 PM
that should be around 5/6/7 pages ^^! So theres much more than this.. and maybe something more important!
Í want the full script :D

Black Lagoon
November 16, 2009, 02:26 PM
I wanna see Squado taking Akainu away with him to have a fight in order, but I think Akainu would be too much for him if he doesn't have Haki, DF or Seastone.
and ... Mihawk & Vista to take up again the reins of their amazing fight.

ScratchmenApoo
November 16, 2009, 03:11 PM
If all the admirals are busy with Whitebeard, then there is seemingly noone to stop Luffy from going towards Ace. Luffy should just for once try to be sneaky and make his way up there like an assassin. But that's wishful thinking, he's probably gonna go all out and make a lot of noise while doing it.

DARK
November 16, 2009, 03:15 PM
Earthquake/volcanic activity has long been associated with the other.
It was quite inevitable that Whitebeard and Akainu would fight.

k-dom
November 16, 2009, 03:33 PM
really, It's not good to be oversized in this war...

I wonder how you can stop an earthquake attack ? Does Aokiji reinforce the platform with ice ?
I like the fact that Oars JR is blocking the wall. Btw how do you thing its high ? I don't imagine it that difficult to destroy.

Black Lagoon
November 16, 2009, 03:34 PM
now that the 3 admirals are busy, Mihawk will probably retake his fight with Vista, Smoker probably still with Boa ... it would be a bit easy for Luffy to use his Gomu Gomu no Rocket to get to Ace.

DARK
November 16, 2009, 03:36 PM
now that the 3 admirals are busy, Mihawk will probably retake his fight with Vista, Smoker probably still with Boa ... it would be a bit easy for Luffy to use his Gomu Gomu no Rocket to get to Ace.

"A bit easy" is an overstatement. Luffy still has to fight Shichibukai and the PX army standing in his way.
Besides, I rather not have Luffy immediately save Ace because then all of these characters would not have proper development.

Schabrak
November 16, 2009, 03:42 PM
Luffy is behind the Shichibukai and PX army which is surrounding the outer parts of the "ice"land.^^ Jinbei is fending of Moria, Boa is on his side, Flamingo and Croc are somewhere else too. And Mihawk is just as said is busy with Vista.

I think Whitebeard will go against all three admirals, so Luffy can go forth saving Ace. Not right now, but next chapter. :P

Black Lagoon
November 16, 2009, 03:53 PM
"A bit easy" is an overstatement. Luffy still has to fight Shichibukai and the PX army standing in his way.
Besides, I rather not have Luffy immediately save Ace because then all of these characters would not have proper development.

I admit it's an overstatement, but when I say 'A bit easy' ... I have relied on how all the stronger characters are busy/fighting ... Dofla may have to face both Croco and Jozu, Moria is fighting someone right now, Mihawk may retake his fight with Vista, Smoker is with Boa, the three admirals for now are with WhiteBeard ... who else? ... Oh PX army, probably Marco will cover him till he gets to the execution platform, and Once Luffy's there, he can always fight a Shichibukai or his Grandpa himself before deciding (Garp) to help Luffy and Ace.
But I'm just saying...

iFrozt
November 16, 2009, 04:02 PM
we still need to see the power of the new world captains
im pretty sure the captain have reassured their faith in wb so they should be doing something big now

Black Lagoon
November 16, 2009, 04:19 PM

I forgot to add this :facepalm
about the development of the other characters, I think we only need to see Whitebeard (because he's dying), those who will die and some of the future first opponents of the SHs in the New World (Marines and Pirates).

Bucks
November 16, 2009, 04:22 PM
I'm hoping the other SH pirates come out of no where to turn the tide of this battle. That way we avoid the whole re-find the nakama would be arc. :(

Whitebeard is strutting his stuff. :o

Gecko Moria
November 16, 2009, 04:28 PM
What about Sengoku? I don't think he's Admiral of the Fleet and Leader of the Marines for nothing. He's standing on top of the platform with Ace and Garp, and I doubt he would just let Luffy rescue Ace. Most people don't seem to think Sengoku is strong, but even the Shichibukai respect him. I don't think you get that kind of respect solely from being of high rank.

DARK
November 16, 2009, 04:39 PM
I forgot to add this :facepalm
about the development of the other characters, I think we only need to see Whitebeard (because he's dying), those who will die and some of the future first opponents of the SHs in the New World (Marines and Pirates).

Regardless, giving them whatever development they have is more the reason to hold this arc back.
Akainu VS Whitebeard should be something interesting to behold. As of now, we only have a glimpse of Akainu's true abilities.

Black Lagoon
November 16, 2009, 04:57 PM
Regardless, giving them whatever development they have is more the reason to hold this arc back.
Akainu VS Whitebeard should be something interesting to behold. As of now, we only have a glimpse of Akainu's true abilities.

If the rumors turn to be true, we only have 7 or 6 chapters left for this arc, so Oda must have something in mind. I have faith in him, So whatever he does would be good. :amuse

chess4
November 16, 2009, 05:10 PM
we still need to see the power of the new world captains
im pretty sure the captain have reassured their faith in wb so they should be doing something big now

all of the NW pirates are fighting. some of them were shown last chapter. i think they are trying to beat the pacifista.

this battle is just one big free for all. i think luffy will make it to the platform by himself, while everyone else continues to fight.

when he gets to the platform, the only people who will be up there will be the 2 guards, garp, sengoku, and luffy. though we have not seen sengoku fight, i would bet he is stronger than luffy. no way sengoku just lets him unlock ace's handcuff, so i think he will move to attack luffy. i think garp will have to fight sengoku to keep him from killing luffy. after luffy unlocks ace's cuffs, the retreat will began

DARK
November 16, 2009, 05:17 PM
If the rumors turn to be true, we only have 7 or 6 chapters left for this arc, so Oda must have something in mind. I have faith in him, So whatever he does would be good. :amuse

And now I pray that this arc does not end abruptly over some rumor...
There is just so much within each chapter.

bittman
November 16, 2009, 05:44 PM
Abruptly? 6-7 chapters is plenty of time to wrap everything up. One Piece isn't Bleach and doesn't need 7 chapters with the same title to conduct a fight between an emo and a pussy.

Anyway, chapter looks like I imagined. Akainu v Whitebeard, I do either hope Akainu wins or just barely loses. An admiral losing to a guy with a hole in his stomach who was living off IV drips would be a bit of a sham. I also wonder if Akainu is a logia, I mean he probably is but we don't have any definitive proof of it yet unlike Kizaru and Aokoji.

And John Giant got taken down :( . He was my favourite marine giant too.

Annnd (lots of and) someone said Jimbei was still on Moria's case. You must have missed the bit Jimbei caught Luffy in the outfield whilst Moria ran away with his mouth again whilst facing the 10th division commander.

AND Good old oars-chan. Amazing how Oda can make a nobody the key to this war.

AND FINALLY: I really want to see how the admirals stopped Whitebeard's quake attack on the walls.

Gcat88
November 16, 2009, 05:46 PM
i actually heard that this chapter wasnt even suppose to be about this arc but a chapter 0, part of the new volume coming out...o well. the more i read this arc, it makes me think that maybe the NW pirates werent introduced to show their strength but rather introduce them and show them later on in the series. i dont understand how Oars blood weakens the system, thats kind of confusing. this chapter seems to be a chapter of transition since pretty much the month of december is goin to be a month of fight after fight after fight. WB and Akainu should be interesting and i doubt it will be a one two chapter thing but rather a little longer. the WB pirates are dealing with the shikibukai and will reappear soon. there is no way that WB will take on all 3 admirals, that would be either be total ownage, or make WB too broken to even bare, however him holding them off long enough for luffy to free ace isnt a bad idea....all in all cant wait for this chapter, even though i probably wont read it till sunday. xD

Dung D Manh
November 16, 2009, 05:53 PM
@Gcat: You should read the home page. It tell you about it.

Interesting chapt.......

BluePheasant
November 16, 2009, 05:53 PM
you know what I dont quite understand... the SH beat up a pacifista and the 43 NW captains cant handle 20 of them (from what it looks like). or maybe Vegapunk super upgraded them?

Dung D Manh
November 16, 2009, 05:59 PM
you know what I dont quite understand... the SH beat up a pacifista and the 43 NW captains cant handle 20 of them (from what it looks like). or maybe Vegapunk super upgraded them?

lol.....Beside ungraded it shouldn't mean the NW cap are weak compare to the SH. It took the whole SH to take just one down. So it shouldnt be easy to take 20 especially if they got each others back.

Gcat88
November 16, 2009, 06:05 PM
@Dung D Manh, look at the front page for what reason?? yea, for 43 NW to not be able to take down 20 PXs is sad, but they did get upgraded.

chess4
November 16, 2009, 06:06 PM
i actually heard that this chapter wasnt even suppose to be about this arc but a chapter 0, part of the new volume coming out...o well. the more i read this arc, it makes me think that maybe the NW pirates werent introduced to show their strength but rather introduce them and show them later on in the series. i dont understand how Oars blood weakens the system, thats kind of confusing. this chapter seems to be a chapter of transition since pretty much the month of december is goin to be a month of fight after fight after fight. WB and Akainu should be interesting and i doubt it will be a one two chapter thing but rather a little longer. the WB pirates are dealing with the shikibukai and will reappear soon. there is no way that WB will take on all 3 admirals, that would be either be total ownage, or make WB too broken to even bare, however him holding them off long enough for luffy to free ace isnt a bad idea....all in all cant wait for this chapter, even though i probably wont read it till sunday. xD

i said the same thing in earlier post. i think this arc is to showcase the the WB pirates, the jailbreak league, the top marines (sengoku, 3 admirals,some of the VA, and smoker), and the shichibukai. the NW pirates will wait until the NW. most of them havent been formally introduced yet.

Gcat88
November 16, 2009, 06:08 PM
I knew i always liked ur thinking Chess4. is there a pirate u would like to c in the NW??

Dung D Manh
November 16, 2009, 06:08 PM
@Dung D Manh, look at the front page for what reason?? yea, for 43 NW to not be able to take down 20 PXs is sad, but they did get upgraded.

For detail info on chap 0!

chess4
November 16, 2009, 06:16 PM

lets not forget the real kuma is there 2. i think if it were just the 43 captains vs the 20 pacifista then im sure they could take them, but their crews are the one taking the most damage.

there will be heavy loses on both sides.
[hr]

I knew i always liked ur thinking Chess4. is there a pirate u would like to c in the NW??

thanks my man..........i would like to see the unnamed women, who looks like she may be lola's mom

DARK
November 16, 2009, 06:36 PM
Abruptly? 6-7 chapters is plenty of time to wrap everything up. One Piece isn't Bleach and doesn't need 7 chapters with the same title to conduct a fight between an emo and a pussy.

I just don't see it in Oda's nature to resolve things this quickly, especially in this situation. Three Admirals and four Shichibukai are still kicking let alone the Vice-Admirals, Sentoumaru, and the PX army. Unless deus ex machina happens, I can't see this ending in this short timeframe.

Gcat88
November 16, 2009, 06:41 PM
dont forget, the escape will take a long time as well!!

Dung D Manh
November 16, 2009, 06:49 PM
3 scenario's:

1: SenG calls off the war and release Ace.

2: WB calls off the war and kill himself for Ace release.

3: Oda end the war with an atomic bomb.

Enjoy.....:D

I dnt think I need to say, I'm being sarcastic......

Black Lagoon
November 16, 2009, 06:49 PM
dont forget, the escape will take a long time as well!!

he can make a flashback later :noworry

Wowzers
November 16, 2009, 06:51 PM
The escape might be pretty quick though... if WB is still alive, I think he would split the island in half so there is a chasm between the marines (most of them anyway) and the pirates. What marines are mixed in with the pirates can be dealt with as the reinforcements are going to have a tough time getting to them. They can next focus on the px units behind them and then steal whatever ships they need, since some of their own were sunk. The big question is: Will the gates of Justice stay open as the marine ships they steal won't be coated.

chess4
November 16, 2009, 06:56 PM
i sure hope garp makes a move soon.

Dung D Manh
November 16, 2009, 07:01 PM
@wow: lets say you're WB, you have the power to splits an inland. How hard can it be for you to open/crumble a giant gate? There's still other way but that should be easy enough for WB. Just a reminder, how did WB enter the war zone in the first place?

@chess: Garps at neutral.......or should be considering his position.

Black Lagoon
November 16, 2009, 07:03 PM
i sure hope garp makes a move soon.

yeah, everyone is hoping/expecting that, the question is when. :)

and about the escape I think as a last will of WhiteBeard I think he may stay there in the MHQ to hold the marines from getting to his allies, and Squado may do the same thing.
just a random thought

beastboy
November 16, 2009, 07:06 PM
IMO as soon as Ace is out of his handcufs WB will send every pirate to the Ice and quaque the rest of the Island!
@ Dung D mash
Well the new world is behind Marine Ford, and the Tarai current is in the front, so They don't need to open any gate to enter Marine Ford!

@Black Lagoon
I'm hoping for something more epic, at Enies Lobby's escape level!! (but that may be impossible..)

Black Lagoon
November 16, 2009, 07:07 PM
@chess: Garps at neutral.......or should be considering his position.

and his age as well, he's about to retire ... so he'll do something. Unless he wants to be one of the Gorousei. :fan

chess4
November 16, 2009, 07:17 PM
yeah, everyone is hoping/expecting that, the question is when. :)

and about the escape I think as a last will of WhiteBeard I think he may stay there in the MHQ to hold the marines from getting to his allies, and Squado may do the same thing.
just a random thought

i think the same thing...............he will stay behind and quake the entire island as his "family" gets away, prevented the marines from following them.

WB will get a lot of shine time, since i think after this arc he is done for.

Wowzers
November 16, 2009, 07:19 PM
@wow: lets say you're WB, you have the power to splits an inland. How hard can it be for you to open/crumble a giant gate? There's still other way but that should be easy enough for WB. Just a reminder, how did WB enter the war zone in the first place?

WB's forces all came in from underwater at the beginning of the battle. For them to leave will likely be more difficult. Some of their ships were sunk and some were damaged. We don't know if the damaged ones can still travel underwater. If they are short of ships that can travel underwater then they will have to make due with what they can steal... and that can only be marine warships. Those ships are not coated so they will have to go out through the gate.

I don't know if WB can damage/destroy the gate but I am assuming that if he could, it would have made a more spectacular entrance to destroy it in the first place and save the surprise of coated ships for the exit.

beastboy
November 16, 2009, 07:24 PM
But if they want to go to Fish Man Islan why would they go through the gate?? Is the opposite direction!!!
Nor mariejoa (above Fishman Island), nor Shabondy are in the direction of the gates (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/522/10/)

NoLimit89
November 16, 2009, 07:25 PM
If they were to rescue Ace and WB survives, I can only see WB sending multiple earthquakes to destroy the entire Marineford.

beastboy
November 16, 2009, 07:28 PM
I've a theory for who opened the gates:
Some one in WB alliance opened it, cause if the gates are closed, there are a lot of turbulence in the water in front of the Gate (see Enies Lobby) so in order to have ships outside the bay, opening the gates was imperative.. other wise is destiny would be the same of the bustercall ships when sanji closed the gates!

Black Lagoon
November 16, 2009, 07:37 PM
@Black Lagoon
I'm hoping for something more epic, at Enies Lobby's escape level!! (but that may be impossible..)
yea , the Enies Lobby's escape was epic ... in front of all the Call Buster xD ... not to mention the Going Merry :XD

i think the same thing...............he will stay behind and quake the entire island as his "family" gets away, prevented the marines from following them.

WB will get a lot of shine time, since i think after this arc he is done for.

Even if they don't accept to go and leave their Godfather behind, I think his answer is clear "Sons ... I'm dying, and even if I go with you it's just a matter of time for me to leave this Goddamn world ... I'm proud of all of you Sons, and let us meet in the next life" then he creates/makes some kind of Tsunami to get them out of there, and everyone with this face and screaming :crying "Dad, Pop, Boss we will never forgive you for this ... You don't need us any more?? F**K you dad" WhiteBeard : You fools, I love you too and then everyone : "Thank you DAD, for taking care of us all these years ... we are a family ... we will never forget you Boss"

:crying:crying:crying:crying:crying:crying:crying:crying:crying:crying

beastboy
November 16, 2009, 07:40 PM
that would be EPIC indeed!
But I'm just hoping we get back to the adventure style fast..
I'm really missing Thousand sunny... He barely had any screen time! If he died now I wouldn't be moved!!

@manh What the part were I'm saying that they don't need to go through the gates, see the map!
The part were I say that if the gates were closed there would be ciclones everywere, see enies lobby!

Razh
November 16, 2009, 07:42 PM
I've a theory for who opened the gates:
Some one in WB alliance opened it, cause if the gates are closed, there are a lot of turbulence in the water in front of the Gate (see Enies Lobby) so in order to have ships outside the bay, opening the gates was imperative.. other wise is destiny would be the same of the bustercall ships when sanji closed the gates!

Um, Whitebeard's New World fleet came from Fishman Island which is directly under Mariejoia, meaning, on the same side as Marineford compared to the Gate.
As I said a couple of times before, Whitebeard would have to be a retard to order his ships to go to the other side of the Gate and then attack Marineford.
[hr]

Those ships are not coated so they will have to go out through the gate.

They would have to go through the Gate if they wanted to get to Enies Lobby or Impel Down, but to get to Shabondy, for example, they don't need the Gate or Tarai current.

Dung D Manh
November 16, 2009, 07:49 PM
It isn't hard to think about how one simple giant gate can be open compare to whats happening. But this remind me of something.....Where did Oars Jr came in from? He came in later during the fight....

Razh
November 16, 2009, 07:52 PM
Where did Oars Jr came in from? He came in later during the fight....

He came on his ship. It's the biggest one that has OARS written on the main sail. (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/551/12-13/)

Black Lagoon
November 16, 2009, 07:53 PM
Honestly, and not as a jk but this doesn't make any sense. What about his age? Has it occur to anyone WTF WB look so freaking older then garp anyway? How do you know he's about to retire and whats the reason for it? Why would his position change? Is it an election process where he is elected as one of the G? Whats the reason behind this statement? Why, How, What? lol

It seems to me like you disagree to disagree.:facepalm well ...
Why : he experienced a lot as a marine, it's been 22 years now (I'm not sure) since Roger's execution, and he's been working for the WG before that event, WhiteBeard is dying, his hair is white (:p) so he "might" think that his time has come, to step out and let the new era handle the rest.
How : by helping Luffy and Ace.
What : he's gonna help them.

:smile-big

Dung D Manh
November 16, 2009, 07:57 PM
@BL: lol but not the answer I was expecting...u fail. Also its not that I disagree to disagree, I dnt agree is the reason.

@Rah: you didnt answer my question, I notice the ship but how did he got in(came in) through to where he start his rampaging?

Black Lagoon
November 16, 2009, 08:02 PM
@BL: lol but not the answer I was expecting...u fail. Also its not that I disagree to disagree, I dnt agree is the reason.

Ok, no problem dude it's up to you, so could illustrate us with your answer?

Shiro-kun
November 16, 2009, 08:05 PM
Whitebeard is pwning poeple left and right , its nice finally we get to see him action :)

Dung D Manh
November 16, 2009, 08:16 PM
Ok, no problem dude it's up to you, so could illustrate us with your answer?

Could I isn't a prob but this is about your comments....You talk about Garp next moves so I'm asking, whats the motive for him taking those action? You answer in a laughable manner, in another way you avoid answering my question. I can't illustrate Garp action but I believe I said, he'll be at neutral. Meaning he'll be hoping for the safety of both Luffy/Ace and won't lift a finger for the WG at the moment, including not obeying Sen order like he did at Water 7. Its your words against yourself.

elitefox
November 16, 2009, 08:36 PM
yea , the Enies Lobby's escape was epic ... in front of all the Call Buster xD ... not to mention the Going Merry :XD

Even if they don't accept to go and leave their Godfather behind, I think his answer is clear "Sons ... I'm dying, and even if I go with you it's just a matter of time for me to leave this Goddamn world ... I'm proud of all of you Sons, and let us meet in the next life" then he creates/makes some kind of Tsunami to get them out of there, and everyone with this face and screaming :crying "Dad, Pop, Boss we will never forgive you for this ... You don't need us any more?? F**K you dad" WhiteBeard : You fools, I love you too and then everyone : "Thank you DAD, for taking care of us all these years ... we are a family ... we will never forget you Boss"

:crying:crying:crying:crying:crying:crying:crying:crying:crying:crying

they all become emo, lol, they are pirates, they will be disbanded except if marco or anyone stronger stands up and be accepted by the whole fleet, if not bye bye wb pirates and co.:o

zerocooldx
November 16, 2009, 08:40 PM
Hmm looks like Oda is taking a little break from Luffy.

DARK
November 16, 2009, 08:49 PM

Something that was greatly needed. It's good knowing that this arc focuses on the other characters, especially those of Whitebeard's crew. And now I am hyped up for the Whitebeard/Akainu fight.

Dung D Manh
November 16, 2009, 08:53 PM
Something that was greatly needed. It's good knowing that this arc focuses on the other characters, especially those of Whitebeard's crew. And now I am hyped up for the Whitebeard/Akainu fight.

Since you brought it up, mind answering this. Your hyped up yes, but do you expect akainu to stand a chance? Also have you taught about 1-2 Adm dying at all? Don't you agree that if marco holds off 1 Adm and other Division capn holds another that the chances of WB takiing out one Adm is highly inevitable?

DARK
November 16, 2009, 08:57 PM
Since you brought it up, mind answering this. Your hyped up yes, but do you expect akainu to stand a chance? Also have you taught about 1-2 Adm dying at all? Don't you agree that if marco holds off 1 Adm and other Division capn holds another that the chances of WB takiing out one Adm is highly inevitable?

Just because Whitebeard is the world's strongest man does not mean Akainu will lose that easily. He is an Admiral, after all.

Dung D Manh
November 16, 2009, 09:02 PM
Just because Whitebeard is the world's strongest man does not mean Akainu will lose that easily. He is an Admiral, after all.

Answering my question with another one....Of course it won't be easy. Its not a slap in a face and you lost kind of fight still dnt you agree (or not) its inevitable that akainu will lose? Its a simple yes or no answer.

Dragon Slayer
November 16, 2009, 09:25 PM
Answering my question with another one....Of course it won't be easy. Its not a slap in a face and you lost kind of fight still dnt you agree (or not) its inevitable that akainu will lose? Its a simple yes or no answer.

ya guys i dontt wanna butt in but it looks to me as if akainu might stand a chance now that WB is weakened so much

chitgoks
November 16, 2009, 09:30 PM
3 admirals taking care of the mess WB created? weak

mr.danly
November 16, 2009, 09:43 PM
Is anybody else irritated when they see "new" replies in the spoiler thread and they think "ooh, new spoilers! Maybe even some pics!" and are rewarded with 5 translations of one Japanese script that are all almost exactly the same? Just saying. Anyway, spoilers look good, although it's interesting that the marines decided to build a giant mechanical retractable wall to block off the pirates. I guess sengoku wanted to plan for every possibility.

r@z
November 16, 2009, 10:09 PM
Is anybody else irritated when they see "new" replies in the spoiler thread and they think "ooh, new spoilers! Maybe even some pics!" and are rewarded with 5 translations of one Japanese script that are all almost exactly the same?
Seconded -- especially when it's a really crappy translation (compared to the others.)

Hopefully there are (many) more details omitted from the spoiler, otherwise I'll be disappointed in the chapter's length (considering the numerous breaks we've been having since Oda had his kid.) I'm pretty pumped to see the arc approaching it's climax, (or what appears to be the climax - it's really hard to tell in OP, but) this encounter between Whitebeard and an Admiral should be sweet. I've always wondered just where the Admirals stood compared to the strongest man and it looks like that question will soon be answered!

Mr. Crocodile
November 16, 2009, 10:23 PM

His answer wasn't a question homeboy. Also what's the point of answering to your questions when you just respond in a rude manner, don't try to get smart with us boy. nuff said.

elitefox
November 16, 2009, 10:35 PM

and hopefully that no one will notice him freeing ace already :facepalm

haha since WB has launch his attack, perfect oppurtunity to luffy to free ace so that ace could likely join the battle to retreat as well

BlackHair
November 16, 2009, 11:38 PM
One admiral could stop the attack and be wounded. Three could each take a third of the attack and come out ok. It's just teamwork.Yea' I have a similar picture of that.

I just argued against "had to". That sound to me as the admirals had no choice but working together.

I guess I was misunderstood.

fantheblaze
November 16, 2009, 11:41 PM
Off topic question:
Luffy and Ace aren't legit brothers right?
Considering they have different parents and all, just brothers through a pact or something right?

DaoneLuffy
November 17, 2009, 12:51 AM
You know what i'll like to see at the end of this war, Whitebeard going down along with an admiral and with whitebeards last bit of power split the red line. That would be quite epic.

llamapie
November 17, 2009, 01:11 AM
Off topic question:
Luffy and Ace aren't legit brothers right?
Considering they have different parents and all, just brothers through a pact or something right?

You can view em as Foster Brothers.

dragonballz66
November 17, 2009, 02:36 AM
While viewing the extended clip of the movie 2012, I can't help but think of WB. Maybe that's what Sengoukou was referring to when he said that WB have the power to destroy the world. Those VAs are no match for WB, based on the spoiler, 3 Admirals are needed to stop WB's attack.

Razh
November 17, 2009, 03:28 AM
@Rah: you didnt answer my question, I notice the ship but how did he got in(came in) through to where he start his rampaging?

I guess he took a stroll over the frozen sea to get there. What kind of a question is that?

Oops, I answered your question with another question.:facepalm

beastboy
November 17, 2009, 04:29 AM
Um, Whitebeard's New World fleet came from Fishman Island which is directly under Mariejoia, meaning, on the same side as Marineford compared to the Gate.
As I said a couple of times before, Whitebeard would have to be a retard to order his ships to go to the other side of the Gate and then attack Marineford.

you mis understand..
That was what I was saying in the post before..
but they're in front of the gate... cause Marine Headquarters are right in front of the gate ;)
and when the gate is closed there should be lots of ciclones!

Black Lagoon
November 17, 2009, 04:51 AM
the VAs are reticulated by WhiteBeard in this war,
However, we can't call them fodders if they fight against quake abilities and a legendary pirate... ;)

deffkryz
November 17, 2009, 04:56 AM
Wasn't Chapter 0 supposed to be published this week? Is there a double pack coming?

Black Lagoon
November 17, 2009, 05:00 AM
Wasn't Chapter 0 supposed to be published this week? Is there a double pack coming?

the answer (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1676222#post1676222) :)

Dim
November 17, 2009, 05:03 AM
its important to remeber that there are defensive fighters and attacking fighters

IMO white beard would give 3 admirals a hard time as would each admiral give whitebeard a tough time if they were attacking him

especially kizaru!!!!!!!!! i doubt whitebeard could quake light but who knows!

Black Lagoon
November 17, 2009, 05:08 AM
IMO the WB&Admirals fight will benefit Luffy&Co to reach the execution platform, with the less possible number of interruptions, I mean Marco&Co are free for now and could knock down some Pacifistas, so the way to Ace is somehow a bit cleaner.

Razh
November 17, 2009, 05:13 AM
you mis understand..
That was what I was saying in the post before..
but they're in front of the gate... cause Marine Headquarters are right in front of the gate ;)
and when the gate is closed there should be lots of ciclones!

It's not right in front of the Gate, there is a fair distance, just like with Impel Down. Enies Lobby was different in that matter.

Black Lagoon
November 17, 2009, 05:27 AM
It's not right in front of the Gate, there is a fair distance, just like with Impel Down. Enies Lobby was different in that matter.

Agree, here's two maps that might illustrate some misunderstanding :)
First Map (http://img503.imageshack.us/img503/1986/opgrandredlinemapqv6.jpg) and Second Map (http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/2733/opgeocalmbeltqr9.jpg)

urlaub
November 17, 2009, 06:33 AM
Wb will kill that magma fist and give some bad medicine to Akainu, because that brat should go back to kindergarden.

beastboy
November 17, 2009, 07:40 AM
@Razh
It was just a theory.. is more plausible than being Sengoku's Goat the one whe opened the gates.. because he was Dragon in desguise!
The gates are far from ID and Marine Ford but the ships came through the horizonte so they might go near the Gates instead of Doing a complicated turn.. cause ships aren't motocicles (I'm not saying that they went through the gate, I'm saying they passed near the gate!
But I liked this mini twist of Oars blocking the siege wall! It was really umpredicteble!

Desman
November 17, 2009, 10:08 AM
My new theory of battle and how it goes on:
1. WB vs Akainu (already said many times)
2. Kizaru and Aokiji will try to reduce harm made by WB and other pirates
3. Luffy will continue forward since NW captains try to hold kizaru but he will run out of adrenalinen boost given by Ivankov
4.WB get critically wounded

chess4
November 17, 2009, 11:11 AM
3. Luffy will continue forward since NW captains try to hold kizaru but he will run out of adrenalinen boost given by Ivankov

i think the shot was for 24 hours, so he will be good. i think the focus of the WG's assault wil turn to WB, allowing luffy to get to the platform. WB will create havoc. luffy has the key, so for story sake he has to get to the platform.

im sure sengoku is stronger than luffy, so garp will have to step in to protect his 2 boys.

Desman
November 17, 2009, 11:37 AM
Yes shot was for 24 hours but will it last completely when luffy is in constant battle stance? By the way if Luffy shouts hes hungry will Boa cook something for him? :P
I bet even if luffy runs out of adrenaline he may be able to reach platform.

BlkHorus
November 17, 2009, 12:21 PM
In this battle, I see WB taking on two of the admirals really. I mean when you think about it, he is the strongest man alive, so it shouldn't be simple to say that only one admiral can take him on. If that were true, then there wouldn't be a need to call him the strongest man alive since the WG would have someone that can battle against him one on one. So it should take more than Akainu to take WB on. Atleast two admirals to fight him is doing justice since Rayleigh alone was able to fight Kizaru. So I would put it that Akainu and Akoji will fight WB while Kizaru is obsessed with attacking Luffy. But the captains will keep fighting Kizaru, which leaves Luffy to battle through the Pacifista army and the other marines.
THat in mind, its about time that somone on the marines side makes a twist in the battle and aide the pirates....but who..... I don't see it being Garp. he already said that if he could have done anything to save ace he would have done it already. So with that, I'm really thinking that Coby will help Luffy out in some way. I only say that because Coby is starting to see what the Marines really are at the higher ups (from the Akainu scene). And with Oda showing his reaction to things from time to time, I think Coby is going to change sides and help out his first friend that believed in him from the start - Luffy! Even though Coby isn't a big named guy, it would be great for his character and for the luffy to continue to gain momentum of those around him to help him.

Desman
November 17, 2009, 12:38 PM
uhm horus though its stated that WB is strongest person alive, but i think we must note that he's been ill and now wounded in chest so that should hinder him alot. I on other hand cant see either Coby's treason i dont think he would manage to get close the platform.

Anyone see problems after raising the siege wall which blocks most of pirates in ice with pacifistas? that means there are only few exits like via Oars body and/or through marinejoa :P which may be possible way to get reinforcements which are possible but not very high chances on it.

beastboy
November 17, 2009, 12:44 PM
Oh yeah.. Coby's POV:

I hate this marines, they don't even let us escape...
5 min later
Oh WB is letting the pirates decide if they want to stay or don't.. who is the good and who is the evil in the end!
I can't watch this anymore!
_________

He must be really confused, for 1 side the marines don't care about is underlings, and in the other WB who cares about is family!
So he and helmeppo will do something BIG.. cause every character who seems that will have no importance in this battle, like oars (who was defeated and maybe killed but is having a hell lot of importance right now), will have huge importance!
And this war is in the begining.. I think it will have about 20 more chapters...
But I can't keep 20 more chapters without the Mugiwara T_T.. so I think they will join, but only after Luffy's "fight of the arc", cause Luffy has to be stronger than the straw hats..

BlkHorus
November 17, 2009, 01:29 PM
uhm horus though its stated that WB is strongest person alive, but i think we must note that he's been ill and now wounded in chest so that should hinder him alot. I on other hand cant see either Coby's treason i dont think he would manage to get close the platform.

Anyone see problems after raising the siege wall which blocks most of pirates in ice with pacifistas? that means there are only few exits like via Oars body and/or through marinejoa :P which may be possible way to get reinforcements which are possible but not very high chances on it.

I get what you are saying with him being injured and all, so I'm not saying he is invincible since Squado being able to attack him and land a hit was a show of how he is weaker than he used to be. Though he is still stronger than all the other pirates out there right now in the battle. So I'm thinkinging that he can still handle two Admirals since he will be on his guard fighting them. Personally, I think he is going to take them all on to hide the fact that he is weaker so that the Marines focus their attacks from teh strongest on him and allow the other pirates to get closer to Ace. He just seems like that type of guy.

As for the Coby involvement, I don't think he needs to do something big time flashy that draws all the attention to him and he fight. But something he does should be impactful for the Pirate's side (better side, for luffy to succeed). Even if it was something as simple as here is an underground passage that the marines use for something, or lets get this ship and get out of here heading another way. Or even sabatage the plan that the marines have by realizing something that he finds out to Luffy. it would be great if he actually confronts luffy in battle only to tell him something important and then shift off to help him out somehow. I don't really now how, but Oda hasn't been showing Coby in this battle for no reason... I mean from we last looked, since the marines were supposedly drawing all their strongest, why would someone ranked petty officer be brought into the battle. Oh well, guess we will have to see right...

Either way, this war keep growing and we still haven't even gotten the major battles yet.

kai_yondaime
November 17, 2009, 01:47 PM
well i think blackbeard is gonna interfere..since he wants to be the pirate king he will surely fight against the marines and thn WB...shanks warned WB abt it but he didnt listen...i think in the end its gonna be BB vs luffy for the tittle

Arkadi
November 17, 2009, 02:56 PM
for the title its gonna be a Race with Ace against Luffy for the most underlings to be pirate king.
[hr]
Or blackbeard will find Raftel first, And luffy will go to beat him for One Piece

Black Lagoon
November 17, 2009, 03:35 PM
well i think blackbeard is gonna interfere..since he wants to be the pirate king he will surely fight against the marines and thn WB...shanks warned WB abt it but he didnt listen...i think in the end its gonna be BB vs luffy for the tittle

he is the one that benefit the most of the current course of this war (as long as both sides get the more possible damage), so why should he stick his noise in this. :)

k-dom
November 17, 2009, 03:37 PM
I think we can forget the idea that the cover page are in the reverse order of the SH disparition, it seems it is Usopp for this chapter

There seem to be an interesting part about Luffy and Jinbei in the japanese spoiler. And from my understanding Whitebeard is able to deflect Akainu lava into the ground

bittman
November 17, 2009, 05:05 PM
Thank god, Luffy and Jimbei didn't get forgotten! So if WB deflects the lava...what's the chapter closing cliffhanger?

Still patiently waiting for Sengoku and Garp to fight something...or even move...

k-dom
November 17, 2009, 05:35 PM
黄猿 is Kizaru so I bet it's about him. 八又鏡 resemble the name of his mirror attack so I presume he is targetting Luffy

beastboy
November 17, 2009, 05:45 PM
So kizaru attacks Luffy and is end of chapter?? thats not an awesom cliff hanger! I hope something more awesom!
infinite translations for a mini spoiler and no translation for the one that matters... those spoiler translators are really lazy (joking!)

chess4
November 17, 2009, 05:55 PM
Where in the world is inazuma? he has been seen this entire fight. last we saw of him, he was knocked out. Maybe he will do something great in this war and thus oda is saving him for that.

Black Lagoon
November 17, 2009, 06:01 PM
So kizaru attacks Luffy and is end of chapter?? thats not an awesom cliff hanger! I hope something more awesom!
infinite translations for a mini spoiler and no translation for the one that matters... those spoiler translators are really lazy (joking!)

hey :mad, don't say such a thing (:P) Aohige_AP is the best, I guess it's just a misunderstanding Aohige_AP won't forget something important like that. :noworry
[hr]

Where in the world is inazuma? he has been seen this entire fight. last we saw of him, he was knocked out. Maybe he will do something great in this war and thus oda is saving him for that.

I think ... he still under the effect of the poison :notrust

chess4
November 17, 2009, 06:04 PM
hey :mad, don't say such a thing (:P) Aohige_AP is the best, I guess it's just a misunderstanding Aohige_AP won't forget something important like that. :noworry
<hr noshade size="1">

I think ... he still under the effect of the poison :notrust

i know that but he was shown being saved by jinbei, when he saved all the other fruit users. he cant be still on the ship, since it sank, so where is he?

chitgoks
November 17, 2009, 06:05 PM

or he probably was the one who opened the gate and hid himself afterwards? since he is still injured.

The rookie
November 17, 2009, 06:09 PM
puuh oda has quite a lot to work out .
cant even count every single fight and in each he has to reveal special abilities etc

Op is surley a work of a genious.

elitefox
November 17, 2009, 06:12 PM

Aokiji maybe

but kizaru, I don't think he cares for his marines

WB already is critically wounded, only his will is driving him same as luffy(+ adrenalin though).

why wouldn't ivankov treat WB with young young hormones :D
get back to his strength for a time limit?

beastboy
November 17, 2009, 06:22 PM
I just want Ace to be released... Is Fire ability together with the rage of popes future death (that will be before is release) will be totally pwnge and if he went insane killing anyone.. and that being a double personality that is father also had!
That would be a bit cool!
Like a personality were he is rutheless (but is power is the same)!

Black Lagoon
November 17, 2009, 06:26 PM
or he probably was the one who opened the gate and hid himself afterwards? since he is still injured.

Very unlike ... to not say discarded, he's been shown aboard the ship with the other Jailbreakers ;)
[hr]

i know that but he was shown being saved by jinbei, when he saved all the other fruit users. he cant be still on the ship, since it sank, so where is he?

If it's not due to the secondary effects or whatever, I think he is probably up to something or already fighting (off panels) . :blink

beastboy
November 17, 2009, 06:37 PM
or pretendig he is dead?

Or doing some Sanji like stuff!

Black Lagoon
November 17, 2009, 06:42 PM
lol yeah, like Mr.prince xD

FCTeich
November 17, 2009, 06:55 PM
I don't see inazuma on the page when jimbei saved the fruit users

bittman
November 17, 2009, 07:33 PM
Inazuma has literally not appeared in any pages since he was shown resting on the battleship with Iva's face in the door. Leaving a few options:

A) Oda left him to drown
B) He's really still plainly out for the count, he'll be developed outside of this arc further (Iva hinted Inazuma is a key figure)
C) Doing a Sanji

I expect B. Inazuma hasn't been developed half as much as Iva despite having a great character design and devil fruit ability. He'll probably feature in a later arc and we'll all be like "Oh Oda, you've done it again!" like we did with Laboon, but for now he just appears to be a support character.

Rotten The Wizard
November 17, 2009, 10:05 PM
bring out Zoro, Rayleigh and Teach already!!!!!!

neovenom
November 17, 2009, 11:06 PM

it ends with luffy going to ace, literally someone is shouting "luffy go" don't know if its the spoiler provider or an actual character in the chapter that is saying that though, the part about kizaru attacking luffy is before this, basically that ending is kizaru attacks luffy then the captain that is wearing a kimono confronts kizaru so that luffy can go forward(which btw if you see that kanji that has a question mark in it it's basically saying "haki?" i guess the person that provided the script is questioning whether the kimono wearing captain had used haki to stop kizaru from attacking luffy) and the chapter ends with "Luffy Ikee!!" which can be translated as luffy go! or go luffy! but it's not specific who exactly is saying this. Atleast that's what i interpreted from that ending, wait for a more accurate translation later for better understanding of the situation.

sr_
November 17, 2009, 11:21 PM
The spoiler says Jinbei prepares to hurl/shoot Luffy to Ace with some karate move, Kizaru notices this and begins shooting his lazer.

arisemut
November 17, 2009, 11:43 PM
spoiler posted by jedafar is the fake one. just ignore it.

SenninSage
November 18, 2009, 12:18 AM
Damn, the chapter looks so awesome. Whitebeard looks crazy epic.

Eventually this entire thing is going to reach a point where Luffy is probably going to have to do something pretty big.

Also, I'm absolutely blown away that the Dark King hasn't shown up yet. This is Gold Roger's son, and his first mate hasn't arrived on the scene yet? Then again, Oda is probably waiting to make his entrance as epic as humanely possible. I can see it now: Ace is about to get executed, and then Rayleigh, in some kind of epic pose, wipes out a large number of marines using his Haki.

bittman
November 18, 2009, 12:20 AM
Aha! Akainu fuck yeah (pictures are up)

So much for that "Whitebeard deflects Akainu's rain of fire." Pictures aren't great quality, but is it just me or is Akainu aiming for Moby Dick, not Whitebeard?

If so that's the greatest strategy I've seen this entire fight. For the last 10 chapters I've been thinking "Why don't they just sink Moby Dick? It's immobile, put a hole in it and Whitebeard ain't escaping."

tovi
November 18, 2009, 01:22 AM
one word, "awesome", one week waiting is worthy enough for this chapter...now, we know that WB gonna attack marines, i'm curious about what sichibukai will do. i hope, they got another motive besides fighting for marines

k-dom
November 18, 2009, 01:26 AM
Yes they continue their circling of the pirate but I believe there is still some of the captains ships available since they are on the PX side
The admirals move against whitebeard is really weird. How can they stop a quake just like that ?

chitgoks
November 18, 2009, 04:52 AM
Damn, the chapter looks so awesome. Whitebeard looks crazy epic.

Eventually this entire thing is going to reach a point where Luffy is probably going to have to do something pretty big.

Also, I'm absolutely blown away that the Dark King hasn't shown up yet. This is Gold Roger's son, and his first mate hasn't arrived on the scene yet? Then again, Oda is probably waiting to make his entrance as epic as humanely possible. I can see it now: Ace is about to get executed, and then Rayleigh, in some kind of epic pose, wipes out a large number of marines using his Haki.

oh man .. i hope not ... that looks like BL**CH

Black Lagoon
November 18, 2009, 04:56 AM
F**K YeaH!! WhiteBeard just quaked the s**t out of that Vice Admiral ... and literally quaked ....XDD

urlaub
November 18, 2009, 05:13 AM
Blood is just pouring out of WB wound, but who the fuck cares. I think that most of the pirate force is now damaged. The marines have an upper hand. That's the main reason why Rayleigh or Shanks or some other force has to horn in. The other possibility is that WB will sacrifice himself and therefore Ace and Luffy and some other dudes can escape or something. Those flying rain-punches will destroy moby dick. That's another argument against the case that WB will survive.

Now that the Giant VA is quaked WB will have to face next an admiral for shure.

Black Lagoon
November 18, 2009, 06:37 AM
Now that the Giant VA is quaked WB will have to face next an admiral for shure.

He's facing Akainu Right now according to the first spoiler.

but according to the last spoiler, it seems as if with those Lava attacks ... the chapter ends.
[hr]
WTF!! the raw is out xD

urlaub
November 18, 2009, 06:59 AM
Incredible how WB is turning the entire island to the side by pulling simply the air. How can he pull the air? What kind of ability is that? Is it a ability like Jinbei has in water? Its WB karate? I quess Shiki could fly with island into the sky, but it still is amazing how WB is like 'let's turn this island around'. Yes, why didn't he flip the island completely? Does he not want to put his followers at risk?

And then, did the admirals use Haki? Seems to me atleast. WB is a crazy dude. So it seems as haki can be used together in a combo? So the strawhats can make a combo with haki someday. Kind of a familiar concept.

mp44chris
November 18, 2009, 07:03 AM
WHAT the raw is out! is to soon!
That means we will have an early Scanlation too! woow!

The whole chapter seams LEGENDARY! WB is awesome with his ability!, i must confess that! I realy dont like him as a character, becouse he is like a god and unbeatable... but he is awesome!

jamjamstyle
November 18, 2009, 07:24 AM
Revealing hidden magical trapcard!!!:

Inazuma: HP 70
Ability: Cuts walls like cloth.
Annoyance rate for the Marines: 5/5

Lol, luffy still has a trick on his sleeve to destroy the Marines plan and those annoying walls.

Gats
November 18, 2009, 07:34 AM
Oars body is blocking one wall but if Kuma go near him he can send him away like nothing with his devil fruit. Besides he can teleport....

urlaub
November 18, 2009, 07:45 AM
Inazuma can't cut seastone. But I think it is a possibility that Kuma can teleport him away. Aoki can shatter him after freezing him. So if Oars is removed someone will have to show haki I guess. It would be cool if it were Luffy, but probably it will be WB or Marco or etc. The other oportunity will be that the pirates will approach over Oars, or atleast what is left of them. Then again, Jimbey may throw Luffy or the okama may send Luffy flying with the lashes. Or whatever.

Gats
November 18, 2009, 07:47 AM
Inazuma can't cut seestone. But I think it is a possibility that Kuma can teleport him away. Aoki can shatter him after freezing him. So if Oars is removed someone will have to show haki I guess. It would be cool if it were Luffy, but probably it will be WB or Marco or etc. The other oportunity will be that the pirates will approach over Oars, or atleast what is left of them. Then again, Jimbey may throw Luffy or the okama may send Luffy flying with the lashes. Or whatever.

Where is it stated that these walls are made of seastone ? :blink

urlaub
November 18, 2009, 07:48 AM
Where is it stated that these walls are made of seastone ? :blink

It seems as Luffy cant use his stretching powers on it.

Akainu
November 18, 2009, 07:49 AM
does anyone else feel my pain seeing the pose of the admirals stopping WBs attack?that was just horrible xD I hope there is a good explanation how they could do it though ... didn't look like DF power ... hopefull ynot haki either :/

zozo96
November 18, 2009, 07:54 AM
Just when I thought that Oda cannot make the situation any worse for the pirates, and now, these: the siege walls and the meteor storm? The sad look of WB makes me wanna cry. Stop torturing us, Oda!

I'm emotionally involved in this chapter. I really am! God, thank you for creating Oda and OP!

urlaub
November 18, 2009, 07:58 AM
I think that it is haki and not just, but a yet unseen combohaki.

I think that The marines do not give a crap if the PX-s and scishibukai are hurt by the magmafist-shower.

zozo96
November 18, 2009, 08:00 AM
does anyone else feel my pain seeing the pose of the admirals stopping WBs attack?that was just horrible xD I hope there is a good explanation how they could do it though ... didn't look like DF power ... hopefull ynot haki either :/

Yes, I'm in pain. The whole chapter makes me suffer! As for the counter from the admirals, I think it was some kind of combo. But, there are a lot of mysteries remain unsolved now. I don't think we will have a clear explanation on this one.

urlaub
November 18, 2009, 08:03 AM
For me it is interesting to ask, does only one admiral have the haki to defend against the quake quake fruit?

jamjamstyle
November 18, 2009, 08:04 AM
I don't think those walls are made of seastone, don't forget that seastone is precious material and kinda hard to get. I don't think they would make a entire siege out of it unless they found a good source but then again it would be just wasted for nothing. The reason Luffy couldn't get hold of the wall was because they were raising the siege which forced Luffy to pull his arms back.

Like i said, Inazuma will save the day.

urlaub
November 18, 2009, 08:09 AM
I don't think those walls are made of seastone, don't forget that seastone is precious material and kinda hard to get. I don't think they would make a entire siege out of it unless they found a good source but then again it would be just wasted for nothing. The reason Luffy couldn't get hold of the wall was because they were raising the siege which forced Luffy to pull his arms back.

It seems strange for Luffy to pull just for that his arms away? Did his haki again give him a glimpse of upcoming danger or something? Or was it too hard to grab(in metal hardness and physical hardness sense)? Or is just getting smarter and thinks rushing in head on is foolish.

But I agree that so much seastone is not possible. When it would be, Smoker could make for himself a new weapon:)Who is taking care of Inazuma and where is she anyway?

beastboy
November 18, 2009, 08:34 AM
That pose was .... WEIRD!!
And kind of gay!!
But I loved the raw! Except that pose, the drawings are beautifull!
And it had lots of luffy..
But that magma rain will hit the mobydick...
But now that the marines are wining... is time for a third party to appear!
Maybe there's something explaining that weird block in the bubles!!

I just read the spoiler script.. and this chapter will be amazing!
And the cliff hanger is more awesom than I thinked it was!
The pirates will have no foothold!
So I bet thats a win!

urlaub
November 18, 2009, 08:44 AM
There is a chance like jamjamstyle said that Inazuma will arrive and cut the hard metal walls to cover the pirates form this meteorshower. Therefore there is still a chance for them.

beastboy
November 18, 2009, 09:04 AM
I was thinking off WB quaking them..

_AceOfSpades_
November 18, 2009, 09:28 AM
Haha, looks like Aokiji and Kuma did a great job in hindering the marines from suceeding ... I mean - the frozen beach and Oars "coincidentally" being in the way of the wall ... It's almost like backstabbing rofl good job Kuma and Aokiji. I really wonder now which side they are on, because their actions somehow helped the pirates...

beastboy
November 18, 2009, 09:31 AM
the frozen bay his what'll make the marines win!
Cause if there wasn't Ice there the pirates woul be on they're ships! But now they're on the Ice and when the Ice unfrozens, they'll get drawn :D

jamjamstyle
November 18, 2009, 09:37 AM
Read the trans

Wow just this chapter, a lot of people have thrown their lives away for Ace's sake. Must be tough for Ace to see everyone die in explosions/getting deep cuts from swordfights. If i were Ace, i would've never been able to smile again and never be able to face those dear to me because of my fault so many comrades and people died.

_AceOfSpades_
November 18, 2009, 09:42 AM
the frozen bay his what'll make the marines win!
Cause if there wasn't Ice there the pirates woul be on they're ships! But now they're on the Ice and when the Ice unfrozens, they'll get drawn :D

In the translation it's said that Aokiji's ice is hindering the marines from mobilizing the wall, Oars' position also ^^ That's why I'd like to know whether Kuma and Aokiji's aim is to help out WB to some extent...
And yes, it will be rather tough on Ace, he must be feeling guilty.

Sick_Fool
November 18, 2009, 09:47 AM

I deeply support this prediction. If this will truly happen, I'll put Inazuma on my top ten most pimp OP characters list. He'll be so GAR!

Btw, can you post this prediction over at apforums latest chapter discussion? This is a pretty awesome theory; bet there's gonna be lots of discussions over this. Oh, and if you don't mind, I can honorably do the job for you. :tem

jamjamstyle
November 18, 2009, 09:54 AM
^ go ahead if you want, i don't mind.

Sick_Fool
November 18, 2009, 10:01 AM
^Thanks alot. I'll credit you for it. :amuse

urlaub
November 18, 2009, 10:40 AM
How did Inazuma heal so quickly and get strong? Only in Odas world I guess. Is till think that the pirates will storm through over Oz.

uchiha-Kakashi
November 18, 2009, 10:41 AM
if wb dies then ace should die too

Ykee
November 18, 2009, 11:06 AM
In the translation it's said that Aokiji's ice is hindering the marines from mobilizing the wall, Oars' position also ^^ That's why I'd like to know whether Kuma and Aokiji's aim is to help out WB to some extent...

Aokiji froze the bay to allow the pirates to step into the encircling wall and the PXs pushed them inside it so that they could trap them and fire shells (cannons + AkaInu's insane power) at them to kill/sink everybody.

Awesome plan. :amuse

Edit : And Kuma (who is a full PX now) only threw the first blow to Oars Jr.,Doflamnigo and Moria killed him so I don't think any of them intend to help WB. It's just pure luck in my opinion.

urlaub
November 18, 2009, 11:17 AM
Yeah, the navy has a 100 percent better strategy then the pirates, but they still couldn't plan every detail ahead.
I too think that the plan is good, but the best part about it is that it seemed Aokij just accidentally froze the bay(just to avoid drowning). The stupid pirates were like 'oh yeah, very nice foothold'. Pirates are really stupid, except WB and maybe some more powerful guys. It seems that brain comes in pairs with rank or physical power. It may not come, but every smart dude is certainly high ranked or powerful. There are ofcourse stupid powerhouses. Maybe the higher ranked or experienced ones are smart because of this quality. So you remain stupid if you ain't got the balls or the muscles to get some experiences and developing.

Ykee
November 18, 2009, 11:25 AM
Indeed, Aokiji's part might seem to be an "accident" since it has delayed the use of the wall but in the other hand it might has been part of the plan but just rushed because WB crushed him.

Edit: Squardo is the stupidest of them all :p

There is also a thing I don't get:

16-17
Whitebeard: (We may be victorious yet...!!)

Is it because of Oars ?

urlaub
November 18, 2009, 11:31 AM
Squardo is a caveman in brain activity!

Ruhina
November 18, 2009, 11:31 AM
Excellent plan from Sengoku. If we hadn't been viewing the manga from the pirate's side I think our respect for him would have grown ten-fold over the past few chapters. However he's still a **** who needs som beating.

Nevertheless, there are some conflicting parts about the plan. For the first it's fairly apparent that the freezing of the bay was planned, yet it caused the siege walls to be delayed. Either Aokiji overdid it or it was more of a thing of chance.

I think WB will cause an enormous quake raising some ground for them to stand on next time.

gesgift
November 18, 2009, 11:32 AM
Indeed, Aokiji's part might seem to be an "accident" since it has delayed the use of the wall but in the other hand it might has been part of the plan but just rushed because WB crushed him.

Is it because of Oars ?

Squadro might start to get interesting. One of those NW captains should be able to hurt an admiral right? Why else did WB go alone (with no other one from the 4 emperors, if their strength is balanced with the SB and the Admirals, then he didn't made a chance from the beginning, even with Jimbei and Hancock on the pirates (luffy's) side...)

urlaub
November 18, 2009, 11:43 AM
Why does WB just not flip the island upside down? It should be no problem. You could just hit with one side of the island against those magmafists.

Ykee
November 18, 2009, 11:47 AM
Squadro might start to get interesting. One of those NW captains should be able to hurt an admiral right? Why else did WB go alone (with no other one from the 4 emperors, if their strength is balanced with the SB and the Admirals, then he didn't made a chance from the beginning, even with Jimbei and Hancock on the pirates (luffy's) side...)

Well it doesnt concern them and their interests:

-Kaidou tried to take WB out
-Shanks stopped Kaidou probably because of Ace
-The last Yonkou is wanking himself somewhere maybe because he/she is waiting for the two side to destroy each other and take his/her chance after the War

Why does WB just not flip the island upside down? It should be no problem. You could just hit with one side of the island against those magmafists.

As you saw, the admirals seem to be able to cancel the aftereffects of his power.

urlaub
November 18, 2009, 11:48 AM
-The last Yonkou is wanking himself somewhere maybe because he/she is waiting for the two side to destroy each other and take his/her chance after the War

The last Yonkou is probably Lolas mom. That explains a lot. Women usually do not like violance etc.

But he flipped it almost 25 degrees or something. Why then not 90 degrees? Why didn't the admirals reach out their hands then? Why only later when he quaked at them. What is that power anyways it does not seem to be the usual quake ability.

Muhbaer
November 18, 2009, 11:52 AM

That's exactly what's puzzled me after I thought this war over. WB, one of the Yonkou, against World Gouverment PLUS 7 Shichibukai.
At first I thought the Shichikubai belong to the World Gouverment, but Hawkeye himself said, that the WG + Shichibukai are two rival parties with equal strength. So it's two against one with a stabbed Whitebeard.
I hope Squadro now starts to kick some serious butt and SURVIVES! What's the point in raging if you die a few moments later and caused Whitebeard's death en plus? And I'm sure WB doesn't want Squadro to die, he could have done that by himself.

Sengoku's plan is amazing, but the one factor he didn't calculate in was the ship full of highranked criminals falling from the sky *g* I hope those guys are about to turn the tide.

Ykee
November 18, 2009, 11:52 AM
Would be weird to be a Yonkou and a pacifist :p

Sengoku's plan is amazing, but the one factor he didn't calculate in was the ship full of highranked criminals falling from the sky *g* I hope those guys are about to turn the tide.

That and the big boy with one leg who is screwing the wall with his blood.

_AceOfSpades_
November 18, 2009, 11:54 AM
Aokiji froze the bay to allow the pirates to step into the encircling wall and the PXs pushed them inside it so that they could trap them and fire shells (cannons + AkaInu's insane power) at them to kill/sink everybody.

Awesome plan. :amuse

Edit : And Kuma (who is a full PX now) only threw the first blow to Oars Jr.,Doflamnigo and Moria killed him so I don't think any of them intend to help WB. It's just pure luck in my opinion.

Yeah, it's luck I guess... but if it was planned by the marines then it's weird that Akainu was complaining about the ice. It was only a speculation of mine... I think I'll go with "it was luck" for now...

Ykee
November 18, 2009, 12:03 PM
It could also be a B plan to surround them because I don't get how would have they been able to do it so without ice.

Maybe when Aokji has frozen everything, Sengoku had many plans and has chosen TOTTZ which consists of the surrounding. That would explain the old woman saying "perfect timing".

I don't know, I will call everything coincidence. :darn

urlaub
November 18, 2009, 12:15 PM
Every plan has some accidental aspects. It would be ridicolous to think that Sengokus plan is unflawed. Luffy's entrance and Oz's location. Buggy's show in TV. It surprises me that WB doesn't have a similar plan or no planat all after submerging from underwater.

Black Lagoon
November 18, 2009, 12:16 PM
this is what I have been talking about since Luffy entered the bay :noworry
http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/1803/gogos.th.jpg (http://img265.imageshack.us/i/gogos.jpg/)
even if he failed in his first attempt, he should try it again, but since the 3 three admirals are there ... I'm glad he failed, although he can take Whitebeard with him :)

Dragon Slayer
November 18, 2009, 12:20 PM
this is what I have been talking about since Luffy entered the bay :noworry
http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/1803/gogos.th.jpg (http://img265.imageshack.us/i/gogos.jpg/)
even if he failed in his first attempt, he should try it again, but since the 3 three admirals are there ... I'm glad he failed, although he can take Whitebeard with him :)
umm wt is this picture????
is luffy trying to reach the platform in this pic??

Black Lagoon
November 18, 2009, 12:25 PM
umm wt is this picture????
is luffy trying to reach the platform in this pic??

Yes, you got a problem with it :blink
If you have not seen the raw check it here (http://mangahelpers.com/downloads/read-online/63050/1)

urlaub
November 18, 2009, 12:28 PM
He tries to enter the platform and fails for whatever reason. I think he waits for WB to bring him up.

Black Lagoon
November 18, 2009, 12:41 PM
:facepalm Nah, you're getting wrong, actually he failed because of the other wall
http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/7681/walldq.th.jpg (http://img20.imageshack.us/i/walldq.jpg/)

Muhbaer
November 18, 2009, 12:46 PM
:facepalm Nah, you're getting wrong, actually he failed because of the other wall
http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/7681/walldq.th.jpg (http://img20.imageshack.us/i/walldq.jpg/)

Ah nice, so it's possible that it's not made out of seastone, YESSAA

pirateninjahunter
November 18, 2009, 12:49 PM

Is it because of Oars ?

I think that WB knows at that point that Aikanu is going to attack with magma and melt the ice and even knowing that he thinks that they can still win.

Marco can FLY.
Squado can be of big help IMO.
And WB is really powerful!
The wall is not fully set because of Oars.

Black Lagoon
November 18, 2009, 12:56 PM
Ah nice, so it's possible that it's not made out of seastone, YESSAA

Good point, I haven't considered that possibility, I think they are normal walls, although it'd be stupid and without any sense (normal walls = breakable) -_-;.

pirateninjahunter
November 18, 2009, 01:02 PM
Good point, I haven't considered that possibility, I think they are normal walls, although it'd be stupid and without any sense (normal walls = breakable) -_-;.

still cannot be broken! But it is true that it can be bent!
Maybe Croc can break the walls like he did back in ID?

MAYBE the same person who opened the gates to the straw hats might lower the walls???

sarutobi_sensei
November 18, 2009, 01:12 PM
chapter is out on www.mangafox.com

Poneglyph420
November 18, 2009, 01:14 PM
What an awesome chapter...It's always sweeter after we have to wait..
I'm thinking that the walls could be the same alloy that is used in the PX's.
It could be Seastone, but that seems like it would be bad for Marine DF users too... Not that Marines would seige the wall..

Looks by seperating Marineford many of the NW ships are "freed" as escape ships now.. SO maybe the NW pirates will be spared while the WB pirates pay the price for saving Ace..

Either way just getting better each step of the way..

sarutobi_sensei
November 18, 2009, 01:22 PM
Spectacular chapter!
[hr]
how did the admirals top the buildings from getting to the platform ? did they use their DF powers or something else?

So Sengoku had really all of this planned out. He really is the strategist xD

Poneglyph420
November 18, 2009, 01:34 PM
Spectacular chapter!

how did the admirals top the buildings from getting to the platform ? did they use their DF powers or something else?

I don't know how they stopped that?? But either this will be the most awesome thing or lamest thing they do ever.

Just how many powers do these guys have??

beastboy
November 18, 2009, 02:17 PM
maybe its coby wich has the barrier barrier no mi.. the admirals are there just so they drive the attentions to them!
but coby is going to protect the boats as well and turn agains the marines :< (if you want something more random ask!)

Lord Rayleigh
November 18, 2009, 02:36 PM
There is something I wonder for some time but the current chapter makes me ask you here because we saw it very well : what the hell is the tunnel under the platform ? From the beginning, Oda drew it. It is now hidden by the wall but could they use with Ace at their side some undergrounds to get out of the plaza in the coming chapters ?

pirateninjahunter
November 18, 2009, 02:38 PM
White beard is just too powerfull. IMO blackbeard would never be able to defeat him. WB is just too strong, he defeated the vice admiral John Giant with only one punch.

I would like to see him crushing one admiral!

k-dom
November 18, 2009, 02:38 PM
Well until now we know only one thing who can nullyfied devil fruit power like that...

The fact that Aokiji froze the ice was obviously part of the plan, I'm surprised some people doubt it. The fact that it froze the wall mechanism, is the part which was not planed.

What I'm wandering is why Sengoku decided to stop the broadcast, so far there is nothing special that could go against their reputation, or is it only because of the pacifista ?

The first chapters were all about the triumphant pirates, now it is all about the marine. I guess it's time to start a new turn.

sarutobi_sensei
November 18, 2009, 02:44 PM
There is something I wonder for some time but the current chapter makes me ask you here because we saw it very well : what the hell is the tunnel under the platform ? From the beginning, Oda drew it. It is now hidden by the wall but could they use with Ace at their side some undergrounds to get out of the plaza in the coming chapters ?
Maybe it's gonna be their escape path?

Well until now we know only one thing who can nullyfied devil fruit power like that...

The fact that Aokiji froze the ice was obviously part of the plan, I'm surprised some people doubt it. The fact that it froze the wall mechanism, is the part which was not planed.

What I'm wandering is why Sengoku decided to stop the broadcast, so far there is nothing special that could go against their reputation, or is it only because of the pacifista ?

The first chapters were all about the triumphant pirates, now it is all about the marine. I guess it's time to start a new turn.
Hmm, he decided to close the broadcast for various reasons:
Kuma weapons
The encircling of the bay + all the cannons
the "betrayal" by Squardo
and something that will happen later.

Lord Rayleigh
November 18, 2009, 02:49 PM
WB's sea-earthquake, WTF ! It's just amazing, we've never seen such a power in all the OP story ! We've got a proof that he really has the ability to destroy the world.
And what the hell are the 3 admirals doing to prevent the platform of execution from being affected by the earthquake ? We did not have any explication they just did like Buggy when " he " opened the justice door of MHQ.

obamamania
November 18, 2009, 03:01 PM
Well I'm sure they're gonna explain it as Haki, though does it really matter? ONE admiral could have used his logia to stop the buildings honestly, since a light shower, magma fist, or ice wave would have done the job. That scene was really just an example of the power of three admirals. Btw, akainu is your typical jackass, I don't get why people take his red dog title so literally. He seems like he's more loyal to the government as a system than to any single man. I can see him clashing with the other admirals.

Black Lagoon
November 18, 2009, 03:31 PM
I don't know if Oars Jr. is actually dead or unconscious :( he shows no signs of life.

kkck
November 18, 2009, 03:38 PM
So this is the pathetically weak WB far behind his prime who got easily stabbed byt squad.... Can't help but wonder what kind of power roger had. Seeing this, I am utterly convinced roger in fact had a devil fruit. I just don't see how it can be possible to fight with WB at close range. The guy can quake away any defense and deal massive damage and to top it all he can completely control the sea and area. This is just too much. WB kinda reminds me of makarov in a way, he represents most of the power if his crew(or at least a substantial amount of it).

I get the feeling WB will managed to block the rest of akainu's attack by moving the metal walls the WG installed. He can tilt them to block the lava. I can't really think of anything else lol.

jinoku
November 18, 2009, 03:53 PM
I don't know if Oars Jr. is actually dead or unconscious :( he shows no signs of life.

im going to go with Dead. That massive blood lost and the damage sustained from all attacks... however this is OP... He could survive.

I don't know whats going to happen next, if the ice is destroyed then the pirates are sitting ducks in the water, not to mention DF users going brick in the water.

I'm stomped on how the pirates are going to survive this.

DARK
November 18, 2009, 03:53 PM
Whitebeard's earthquakes are amazing when he's pissed. To think he can tilt an entire island and everything on it. Oars Jr. seems to be doing something to the Marines. Hopefully we have a Whitebeard VS all 3 Admirals fight.

Saint Markus
November 18, 2009, 04:00 PM
WB defeating all 3 admirals?. i can't see that, especially with him being wounded too. he might be able to defeat one of them though.

chapter kicked major @$$ though, WB is something else to lift an entire island out of thin air like that. amazing.

elitefox
November 18, 2009, 04:04 PM
Wb might be equal to two admirals. Just dont forget Marco and Jozu who are equal or close of admirals powers, does this give WB pirates stronger than marines?

as far as I am concern every single yonkou is on par with WG, the only thing that is keeping yonkou to go war with WG is that they will get attack by other yonkou after the fight... and that will be their downfall.

Kuranzyan
November 18, 2009, 04:04 PM
Okay, the move that Whitebeard pulled back there reminded me of the music video clip of Vertigo - U2. Awfully familiar, that panel was. Oars, even in death you still manage to help in any way you can. Kanpai to you!

poobert
November 18, 2009, 04:05 PM
WB defeating all 3 admirals?. i can't see that, especially with him being wounded too. he might be able to defeat one of them though.

That is on top of his already ailing body... The scene is perfect for his death, or at least incapacitation.

Actually I think he might replace Ace at the gallows. He is the type to die for his sons, so he might go the same way as Goldy. As it is right now, it looks like the marines are going to win, so it would be poetic if he sacrificed himself for his crew.

elitefox
November 18, 2009, 04:29 PM

I think it is made of the same material as of pacifista

pirateninjahunter
November 18, 2009, 04:55 PM
WB is probably going to die in this war. But IMO he CAN defeat all 3 admirals together, he already defeated Ao Kiji so easily.

jeffrey91
November 18, 2009, 05:05 PM
WB is probably going to die in this war. But IMO he CAN defeat all 3 admirals together, he already defeated Ao Kiji so easily.

He didn't defeat him at al...he is still a logia.
The Haki thing bothers me, why didn't WB use it against AoKiji.
Or maybe he can't?

The whole Haki thing is really weird.

dmnt3d
November 18, 2009, 05:08 PM
damn Sengoku!

nice planning!

SenninSage
November 18, 2009, 05:21 PM
Wow, what a chapter. As someone else stated, this is some truly unbelievable planning by Sengoku. He fully expected that, at some point, Aokiji would freeze the water, thus giving the Pirates a foothold from which to charge the platform.

When they commit just enough to that aggressive forward push, raise the seige walls, destroy their foothold, and then bombard them with cannons. I suspect though, that Whitebeard will prevent them from destroying the footholds. Rayleigh, where in the heck are you!? Is Oda waiting for the moment they actually attempt to kill Ace? At the rate at which this war is going, if they wanted to kill Ace, the marines would have clearly already succeeded.

Nobody can make it to the platform. If they had already begun the process of beheading ace, they would have already accomplished their goal. Even so, I'm all for holding off on anything too bad happening to Ace, he's just too awesome.

DiligentSage
November 18, 2009, 05:42 PM
^I doubt anything happens to Ace in the near-future. Honestly, his sole purpose is to keep the pirates charging towards the platform and thus run into Sengoku's trap. Kill Ace and you kill the pirates' motivation for going forward and also WB probably goes berserk and annihilates the island. It's pretty clear at this point that Sengoku's primary motivation is to destroy the WB pirates; Ace's execution (which could have been done more privately in countless ways) is just a means to that end.

hdiuy
November 18, 2009, 05:58 PM
Finally, they got rid of the ice footing. I was wondering why they didn't do that any earlier. Sengoku sure is one hell of a crafty guy. Now i'm really curious to as to what the 3 admirals were doing when they protected the execution area. Its like some kind of star wars force power lol.

godaijutsu-no-hito
November 18, 2009, 05:59 PM
Wonderful chapter...I am glad we are seeing some Arabasta level of devilish scheming again...I missed that aspect of Oda's writing...for some time it had become all about strength...this arc showcases both strength and planning.

Some people were complaining before that Sengoku hasn't shown much of a strategy for his title's worth...but now, noone should have complaints in that regards.

Moroboshi
November 18, 2009, 06:05 PM
Now i'm really curious to as to what the 3 admirals were doing when they protected the execution area. Its like some kind of star wars force power lol.

I got the same idea, and to tell the truth that is the part of chapter I didn't like at all.

Youbba
November 18, 2009, 06:10 PM
OMG Oda is awesome he is showing us a super powerful WB despite his condition, Just trying to imagine how strong he was in his prime drive me crazy:wtf . Moreover how strong was ROGER, and how strong Luffy will become :wtf :wtf.
One piece is the only manga who after more than 550 chapters it's still getting better chapter after chapter

BlackHair
November 18, 2009, 06:26 PM
Now i'm really curious to as to what the 3 admirals were doing when they protected the execution area. Its like some kind of star wars force power lol.
I got the same idea, and to tell the truth that is the part of chapter I didn't like at all.
It was probably haki. The move which Sentomaru used for repelling/defecting Luffy's attacks.

Whitebeard is sure badass. Honestly his fruit is awesome. Same goes for Akainu. Looking forward how his last attack will be handled. Great cliffhanger.

beastboy
November 18, 2009, 06:32 PM
Just reminding that the attack is already hiting the ground.. so if something will be done it will have to affect the attack and not the ground!

I guess Boa with her king's haki could shout for Akainu to stop!
At least that is proved that Haki can do.. and Boa has full control over is Haki.. and doesn't wants luffy to die!!

That or Shanks entring.. that would be badass but kind of nerfing Kaidou!
Or even better Kaidou allying with shanks so that they can beat the marines!

3 younkos vs Marines would be trully awesom!

BlackHair
November 18, 2009, 06:37 PM
At least that is proved that Haki can do.. and Boa has full control over is Haki.. and doesn't wants luffy to die!!
You are underestimating Akainu! There is no way that Akainu will be intimidated by Boa's haki. Not even Smoker was (not trying to downplay him). So why should be Akainu? who is labelled as one of the three greatest fighting forces of MHQ. I think that move only works on fodder.

bittman
November 18, 2009, 06:42 PM
Oh my god. Whitebeard.

Oh my god. Sengoku's plan.

Oh my god. Admiral combination.

Oh my god. Oars-chan

Oh my god. Akainu fists stuff

If the build up to the end of this battle is any greater I might just explode!

Ok let's take a better look:

Whitebeard rallied his troops well, still kind of strange he didn't jump in sooner but I guess he was waiting to see Sengoku's plan. Unfortunately waiting for the plan was a bad move. Still, Squad might get a second or two to shine in the future.
He quaked everything? Holy crap! That was a really epic double page, if I had it in higher quality I'd almost make it my background. Love for someone to colour it.
John Giant, poor guy. Still when you look at the amount of effort Whitebeard had to throw into even taking down John Giant you can easily see he was most likely the strongest of the Vice Admirals, or at least the Giant Squad.
The admirals stopped the quake in an area? Whoa, predict that if you dare. Like Blackhair said, it was probably haki, though we can't rule out some sort of combination of their powers possibly creates a natural balance, I would have to be in the haki camp also. So much for that "Oh logias don't need haki, admirals won't have it. If you have haki you > admirals" shit people keep ranting on about. The three admirals just gave a big middle finger to all those who thought Haki would completely own them.
Oars-chan's legacy lives on. Poor little fella.
Akainu is on the attack, looks like he hits Moby Dick directly, so much for an escape there. On that note, Sengoku's plan looks like it still has stages to go which is a good thing. If Squad's betrayal was his plan I was so disappointed, however it seems like he wasn't relying on it at all. I've got this feeling it's going to be Akainu v Whitebeard, but still Sengoku is the fleet admiral and this could be the best chance Oda ever gets to throw him into a fight. Heck, I can never see Sengoku v Luffy in the future because I doubt he'll leave Marineford for anything, so if Oda's gonna show off some Sengoku now's the time.

Anyway, easily best chapter in ages. Makes me wish I had time to do reviews again...now I'm depressed thinking about that...

beastboy
November 18, 2009, 06:46 PM
You are underestimating Akainu! There is no way that Akainu will be intimidated by Boa fruit. Not even Smoker was. So why should be Akainu, who is labelled as one of the three greatest fighting forces of MHQ? I think that move only works on fodder.

I was talking about her HAKI not the fruit!
Of corse the Fruit wouldn't affect him.. but even a not masterd haki was able to stop the Gorgon Sisters, so Boa a Shichibukai (people take her to lightly) could be able to make akainu stop for a moment!

Moroboshi
November 18, 2009, 06:55 PM
It's not only the control of his DF but did you see how easily WB blocked Jonh Giant blow with only one hand? This man is truly incredible.

Sherlock Holmes
November 18, 2009, 07:27 PM
I loved the marine who pulled a Gandalf.

"YOU SHALL NOT PASS!"

Super Angillis
November 18, 2009, 07:36 PM
I think that Whitebeard can manipulate the planets crust. After all earthquakes are caused by shifts in the tectonic plates. So that's probably how he tilted the island. If he can make the seafloor rise he can solve the problem of the ice bieng destroyed. Course that would render the ships in the area he rises unusable.

This being One Piece I'll probably be wrong.

BlkHorus
November 18, 2009, 07:48 PM
I was thinking along the same lines as you Angillis...except for the earth crust part. I mean we know he ate the quake quake fruit, so he can do all he has been doing. I do think that the way WB will save his pirate from the sea in this attack is to raise the sea floor up as the ice melts...in fact, Wb might just bring the floor up high enough to have the pirate raise over the wall and they can all jump down.

This would be a great time for WB to use his opening move again and cause a tidal wave to fall down on the island and all of the marines would be drowned in water. THe drawback would be that he has to get to ACE to save him or atleast not have that water so high that it hits the plateform too.

elitefox
November 18, 2009, 08:21 PM
Just reminding that the attack is already hiting the ground.. so if something will be done it will have to affect the attack and not the ground!

That or Shanks entring.. that would be badass but kind of nerfing Kaidou!
Or even better Kaidou allying with shanks so that they can beat the marines!

3 younkos vs Marines would be trully awesom!

I don't think that would be,

1.) since 2 yonkou is enough to destroy Marines and 3 will make the war 1 sided.

2.) the hell they would cooperate.

BlackHair
November 18, 2009, 09:05 PM
I was talking about her HAKI not the fruit!
I know that and I was talking about the same thing. I just made a mistake in my post, sry about that.

Dragon Slayer
November 18, 2009, 09:27 PM
ummmmmmmmm guys 564 english is out............
how can anyone upload it herre
???????//

Rotten The Wizard
November 18, 2009, 09:43 PM
F*cking EPICCC

HOLLYYYY SHIIITTTTTT. Am i still sleeping or did Whitebeard just ROCK marineford like a baby? =O Good god
I imagined he could probably split the island in two but this....HOW THE HELL DO YOU FIGHT THAT? Makes you wonder just what crazy ability roger had

This is MADNESS

Darek Khort
November 18, 2009, 09:48 PM
Oda truly did Whitebeard justice in this chapter. Totally awesome.

Mr. Crocodile
November 18, 2009, 10:54 PM
I'm a little confused..most of the pirates are standing on top of the ice right now right? or at least the one's that are trapped within the siege walls. Sooo if Akainu melts the ice then wouldn't WB and other DF users be screwed? This could be part of Sengoku's plan since he knows that many of the stronger pirates are DF users. Of course it would pretty lame if WB lost cuz he fell on the ocean lol.

Pretty awesome chapter i gotta say, and i found some of the drawings on this chapter to be spectacular, I especially liked the one that has Marco, Squardo and Ace on one page. Oda did a great job using shadows to give it a more dramatic effect. Kudos.

Winlyx-chan
November 18, 2009, 10:55 PM
Personally I think that it's going to be Luffy with his haki that in the end is going to triumph. Think about it the marines have their blades/spears lifted and are just millimeters from Ace's heart when Luffy goes nuts (much like when Margret was almost shattered) and releases another strong haki that takes out most of the marines including the two who are about to pierce Ace (I can't see an admiral being the one to execute Ace as they will all be to busy trying to keep the pirates back). I just hope we're nearing the part where the marines are ready to execute him I don't want to wait months for an ending to this. Haven't we waited long enough!:mad

And one thing I don't get is Luffy can stretch. So when the wall was rising why didn't he just stretch his arms to the top of the wall and use gomu gomu no rocket to get over it?

zerocooldx
November 18, 2009, 11:02 PM
So what were the admirals doing? Using Haki to stop Whitebeard's quakes from hitting the platform? Either way the battle seems to be reaching it's panicle. The next few chapters should be pretty damn epic.

elitefox
November 18, 2009, 11:30 PM
So what were the admirals doing? Using Haki to stop Whitebeard's quakes from hitting the platform? Either way the battle seems to be reaching it's panicle. The next few chapters should be pretty damn epic.

uhmm, looks more like they are praying,

oh god don't let this horrible monster near us :D

JPD
November 19, 2009, 12:57 AM
JPD's toughts:

First... Whitebeard finally moves!! It's a moment I been waiting since the war first started. He is know as the Strongest Man in the World and little by little he has been proving why. Can't be the strongest for ever, but you can definitely give us one h3ll of a show.

:eek: That's exactly what I mean!! Shake the world! Let them all know you are still alive and that you won't fall that easy!!

The bigger they are, the harder they fall. Down goes John Giant!!!

It's me or WB seems to be on pain each time his devil fruit comes into play?
This will turn to be a critical factor... but not on this war. Ohh boy, he's going to feel it next week!!

This war is WB's only moment to shine, WB won't be able to stand another great match (Ace been save or not a factor here) and rival will be well aware of this. Some people believe that only the shichibukai and the marines will lose power and strength. I believe that the three will lose something, like an unbalance-balance. Big marine names are falling, shichibukais are defecting and (dead or alive) the strongest yonkou's reign will end.

But meanwhile, the only oppositions between the WB pirates and Ace are the three admirals. Standing tall, no scratch, fearless, the proud of the marine is to be the final frontier. (Now that's a wallpaper!!)

Sengoku master-plan is starting to take shape. Trap like rats!! The more I look into the plan the more I like it. First, I don't think Sengoku predict WB first tsunami attack but he did plan to froze the water to force the pirates to charge in. Then you need someone to hold the first wave of pirates, someone strong and skillful. And of course someone you won't miss if he ends in the cross fire. Answer: Shichibukai. Then you need to push forward the pirates that stay behind with yet another strong force: Pacifistas. And presto!! pirates in a box.
But the cherry on top of this ice cream was definitely Squad. He didn't just hurt WB he create doubt between WB's sons. It's a foolish way of thinking to say that everyone believe WB's words (they are pirates after all). Right now they don't have much of an option, it's fight or die. WB sons' loyalty is to be measure after this war. Whatever it happens Marines win!!

And we end this chapter Bible Stile!! With a rain of fire!! And guess what? There is no scape. Except, of course, Oars bloody body. But that´ll be yet another story.

Truefan21
November 19, 2009, 01:01 AM
WB is awesome
Akainu needs to die
it seems the admirals can use haki
one piece rules, i have spoken!!!!

Ex-Shadow
November 19, 2009, 01:21 AM
--Well, now I'm thrilled to know what will comes next week (unless there's no OP next week and that's a disaster).
--Maybe Rayleigh will make an appearance at last (I hope though, not so sure about that).
--Now I'm a little curious about one thing, are those admirals using haki? If yes, then why Kizaru seems at disadvantage when he fought Rayleigh?

k-dom
November 19, 2009, 01:46 AM
What worry me the most is Buggy, how can he escaped now frozen like he his ? :-)

Mr. Crocodile
November 19, 2009, 02:00 AM
What worry me the most is Buggy, how can he escaped now frozen like he his ? :-)

If he somehow doesn't get hit by Akainu's attack, it's very likely that the heat produced will cause the ice surrounding him to melt.

Truefan21
November 19, 2009, 02:05 AM
I hope buggy dies, he is a complete joke for a pirate, he had better stay frozen

Razh
November 19, 2009, 03:48 AM
It was probably haki. The move which Sentomaru used for repelling/defecting Luffy's attacks.

Sentomaru had the same move that Boas had. I thought it can only deflect physical attacks. Stopping and earthquake is a different matter.
Also, they didn't just stop it, they created a force field around the stand. That's nothing like what Sentomaru and Boas did.
To tell you the truth, if admirals were capable of such feats using Haki then I don't think Smoker would refer to it as "Kuja's Haki" as it was something unknown to him. I could be wrong.

I'm more inclined to believe that it's some kind of fusion of their powers. They could have prepared for something like that. I guess there always was a chance that they are going to end up fighting a quake man so devising means of defending against complete devastation was only natural. We also shouldn't forget that Marines have Vegapunk on their side too. I wouldn't put it past him to devise a way for cold, heat and light to be able to defend for a quake.
Anyway, Haki as an answer seems to easy and frankly, I'm annoyed by the possibility that every strong guy now has Haki. Basically, it would make most characters who don't have it useless.

jiminy
November 19, 2009, 04:07 AM
I also dont think that the admirals used haki, it may seem like an answer that is too convenient (like many have said). But the stance that the admirals took and the drawings not showing any of their powers used doesnt give us much to base what could have happened.

My guess is that they did use their power, but concentrated it on their hands. The quake hit the concentration powers of the three admirals and was deflected (though they were not powerful enough to cancel the quake out). And since it was deflected, the quake took what would have shown us to be the powers of the admiral (the ice, light, magma effects) and hit the town behind them. Just some speculation I had.

Another thing that I noticed, on the last spread, Akainu's magma doesnt seem to be hitting Moby Dick yet. And since I think that Marco and Squardo are still on top of the ship, they will do something about the magma heading towards them.
Though, it does seem like some of the magma punches are going to hit the sails too.

Awesome chapter btw, WB totally owns.