PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Byakuya vs. Soifon

Pavitre
November 15, 2009, 10:18 PM
Another interesting fight between 2 fast individuals.
nothing much to say here, since we've seen everything from these two already

Bankai

Katz
November 16, 2009, 02:14 AM
No rules at all?, hmm my vote is for Bya-kun, I've never liked soifon's character and he bankai really didn't fit her char and I really dis-liked it, sure it was a change from her usual stealth like qualities but it just went way to far.

And I think in an all out fight bya is gonna beat her, as long as he can stop her from either getting a missle lock on him or going stopping her with his pedals he should do alright, will he come out un-hurt probably not, will he be the last captain standing in their exchange most likely.

just my rambling opinion that lacks proper grammar and so forth but hey w/e its a manga forum.

Aonsaithya
November 16, 2009, 02:59 AM
In shikai, Soifon can two-shot anyone unless the opponent has enough reiatsu to prevent being wounded, and she and Byakuya should be close enough to each other. The speed becomes the deciding factor here. Also, we've never really seen how shunko would complement (if so) her shikai. In bankai she is too slow to dodge the blades anyway, but then she can likely one-shot Byakuya if she hits. Again, speed.

I don't see the petals catching up to non-bankai-Soifon too easily, but it shouldn't be impossible since Ichigo could avoid them with his "above shunpo speed". He's super-speed has been pretty much disproven after that though.

A movement-restricting kido can also "one-hit" Soifon since she'd be completely vulnerable to Byakuya's release. If he hits with the spell.

Speed, speed, speed. It is hinted every now and then that Soifon is the fastest captain (despite Byakuya being really fast, and Ukitake and Kyoraku and Yamamoto etc should also be fast), and she did keep up with Yoruichi (although Yoruichi admitted to being a bit rusty).
It all comes down to speed, both shunpo and normal body movement such as quick small moves to avoid critical hits.

Random101
November 16, 2009, 03:26 AM
Soifon's absolute worst weakness is a combination of good speed and solid defense. The whole 'You can't hurt them if they're stronger' Principle will not work, nor will it work, on any of the captains save MAYBE the absolute higher ones like Yamamoto and Aizen from what's shown (ignoring, obviously, techniques like Hierro for people of a similar class of power), but Byakuya's bankai has DAMN good defensive capabilities, probably one of the few that could match Toshiro's in that regard, provided he holds back enough to actually defend with. In that sense, he definitely has a very solid edge due to that alone in regards to her shikai. Of course he has to get into bankai first, but the odds of that are pretty good in all honesty.

Now if he gets hit by her bankai however, he's boned, but frankly the thing isn't all that fast compared to most techs we've seen, so dodging it is a good possibility if his speed's high enough, which it may very well be. Doubly so if he uses bankai to set it off further away and subsequently help buffer it to allow for more room to escape. He'll definitely get thrown around from it regardless, but it's better than absolute annihilation. With two shots max (MAYBE three, but at that point there's no way she's staying conscious after) she only really stands a good chance if she can get a hit in.

El Samurai Guapo
November 20, 2009, 03:40 PM
I see this match as a draw, and seeing as how almost everyone voted for Byakuya (probably because they prefer him as a character), I voted for Soi Fon.

I do think she is faster than Byakuya, and the first stage of his bankai wouldn't touch her (forget about his shikai). If it was something that the orange-haired idiot could outmaneuver, then she can too. If he tried to fight her in senkai with only one blade like an moron, he would probably get killed by suzumebachi's two stings.

Byakuya's only hope is using all 1,000 of the flying senkei swords on her, and since he vowed not to...he's in trouble. Random101 is right about Jakuho Raikoben, if Soi Fon hits Byakuya with that, he's finished.

Random101
November 20, 2009, 05:01 PM
I completely agree there's no way Byakuya's catching her with the first stage (And subsequently going one-two swords max for Senkei = insta death)... but the problem is that, in turn, she's going to have extreme difficulties getting close with the first stage if he plays defensively. The problem with her shikai is that she HAS to get close to use it, and the problem with her bankai is firstly that it isn't among the fastest, and secondly that she has two MAYBE three shots with it. So in the long run she's going to have extreme difficulties creating a situation in which she could possibly get close. Provided Byakuya plays defensively of course, which now that I think about it would have been the smarter way to handle Ichigo... O.o

Though granted, I have severe doubts that she'd be able to pull the mass deflection trick with her shikai, or hell sealed blade...

Galbert-Kun
November 22, 2009, 05:01 PM
I'm sure Soi Fon knows higher kido than bakudo 30. If by chance she hit Byakuya w/a Bakudo 99 and went bankai maybe that would equate to a win. There probably wouldn't be enough time for all that though. I thought Zoukei was Byakuya's insta death move... Or perhaps she could block the senkei with a fully charged shunko. I voted for Byakuya because I don't think there is a feasible way that Soi Fon could win.

kkck
November 22, 2009, 07:05 PM
I don't think soifon has it in her to outdo byakuya in terms of kido. Quite frankly, byakuya seems quite better at it than soifon given how he uses it against strong enemies and the stats(granted we have little information on this though).

I do think soifon is faster than byakuya but I honestly cannot see soifon being faster to the point where byakuya could not defend himself. Byakuya is quite decent at shunpo and was also trained by yoruichi in it so I doubt soifon will have that many surprises for byakuya(in terms of shunpo). Even if soifon does shunpo in to use her shikai, she will be well within the reach of byakuya's much larger sword which is by no means a good thing. She could land a hit on byakuya but it will be at a great risk.

The problem here is bankai IMHO. Soifon can destroy byakuya with one hit, that much is true, but on the other hand byakuya won't remain immobile while soifon fires. Even if soifon has it in her to outrun byakuya's bankai, I have my doubts about her being able to just drive away the millions of blades in the same way ichigo did(I am pretty much convinced bankai ichigo at SS arc was MANY times stronger than bankai ichigo when he fought grimmjow or ulquiorra). I mean, how would she escape either of this situations:
http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/163/14/
http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/301/22/
http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/161/17/

I do think byakuya would be at a disadvantage in a close range fight against soifon and he would ultimately need bankai to win given that close range is soifons specialty though. I just don't see soifon having an easy time against byakuya at any point even if he does not use bankai.

Given that I honestly don't see a way in which soifon could ultimately escape byakuya's bankai, I will give this to him. Soifon could use her bankai but that would result in self destruction if the explosion is too close from soifon. Also, if the first shot for whatever reason does not hit the target soifon is screwed.

Lunatic Scream
November 29, 2009, 02:46 PM
Byakuya and Soifon duke it out.
The fight proceeds as such, Soifon managing some shots with her shikai, but never two-hits in one spot.
Byakuya's shikai manages some slight injuries on her.
Byakuya uses Bankai, Soifon panics and uses bankai as well.
Byakuya sends his petals after her. Soifon remembers how much her bankai sucks and groans as she fires it towards Byakuya. The recoil sends her flying back at light speed into a wall. Byakuya takes a hefty hit from the explosion.
Both combatants are worn down and tired when...
Yoruichi pops up and teases Byakuya until he passes out from stress in a few minutes. The sight of Yoruichi however, caused Soifon to faint on the spot.

VICTORY BYAKUYA!

Raizen
November 30, 2009, 05:18 PM
Soifon gets in a hit from her shikai... byakuya chops off that part and cast it off lol

on a more serious note:
byakuya has the offensive and defensive advantages
Soifon clearly has the speed

I don't think that soifon will be able to get in her shikai if byakuya has petals circling him.
I don't see any situation in which soifon can win. I think soifon is a powerful character and is vastly underrated. But byakuya has too many tools

However, we also have to take into consideration shuunko. That increases her speed and power. So that will definitely beat byakuya's first bankai form, but then he goes senkei and thousand swords her

niblack89
December 14, 2009, 11:09 PM
Soi-fon is a bit faster than Byakuya as Byakuya was on par with yoruichi but Soi-fon had her on the offense. She can easily out run his shekai and if he goes bankai. I don't think she can out run his bankai. Even if she out run it she can, he can increase its speed more and her bee sting wouldn't be able to block it so she can get more than two hits and he's fast himself.

Her Bankai is easily avoidable first his bankai is great at offense. second he is quiet fast so if any damage is done his bankai could easily reduce the damage from running away. Since his bankai can be made into millions of tiny blades they shouldn't come apart on impact. thus not destroying his own sword in the process. Her Bankai takes a tole so shes done.

I'm not usually bias but I don't like Soi-fon she's so annoying he acts so tough but when she sees yoruichi she acts like a lil girl. both Byakuya and her are cocky but look at there powers her bankai is lame a nuke that is a two shot deal and if she misses she's dead. Byakuya his bankai has both attack and defense he hasn't even used it fully since Ichigo. Soi-fon just sucks I'm so sorry for saying that but its true she only has speed

MegaX
December 16, 2009, 03:28 AM
Soi-fon is a bit faster than Byakuya as Byakuya was on par with yoruichi but Soi-fon had her on the offense. She can easily out run his shekai and if he goes bankai. I don't think she can out run his bankai. Even if she out run it she can, he can increase its speed more and her bee sting wouldn't be able to block it so she can get more than two hits and he's fast himself.

Her Bankai is easily avoidable first his bankai is great at offense. second he is quiet fast so if any damage is done his bankai could easily reduce the damage from running away. Since his bankai can be made into millions of tiny blades they shouldn't come apart on impact. thus not destroying his own sword in the process. Her Bankai takes a tole so shes done.

I'm not usually bias but I don't like Soi-fon she's so annoying he acts so tough but when she sees yoruichi she acts like a lil girl. both Byakuya and her are cocky but look at there powers her bankai is lame a nuke that is a two shot deal and if she misses she's dead. Byakuya his bankai has both attack and defense he hasn't even used it fully since Ichigo. Soi-fon just sucks I'm so sorry for saying that but its true she only has speed

Yoruichi was fast enough to interrupt Byakuya in the middle of his Shikai release. With the fact that Soifon had the advantage against Yoruichi until she used Flash Cry, it's not out of the question to imagine that Soifon might be able to double-tap Byakuya with her Shikai before he can even fight back with his.

Jamil2009
December 16, 2009, 06:19 AM
This is my own crazy invention of what might happen if these two ever fought. Read at your own discretion for it is lengthy with a good chance of being boring :D; but please judge me kindly :p:amuse.

Byakuya - So, you dare impugn my formidability. How foolish! But be grateful, my Senbozakura would complete erase you from existence thus sparing your corpse the shame of ridicule.

Soifon - We'll see who the foolish one is by the end of this fight, Kuchiki Byakuya. (She draws her katana). 'Jinteki Syakusetsu, Suzumebachi.'

Byakuya - I know all about your Zanpakutohs ability and I can assure you that you won't be able to make even my knee touch the ground. (He draws his katana). I will kill you without using Shikai, slave-brat.

Soifon shuunpos behind Byakuya and strikes. Byakuya moves quickly. He shuunpos behind Soifon.

Byakuya - 'Bakudo no roku jyuu ichi, Rikujyuu Koru'.

The six rods clash into thin air and capture nothing. Soifon charges from below. Byakuya parries her blow. Their blades clash. Soifon goes into shuunpo over-drive. She weaves here and dodges there, all the while easily evading Byakuya's swings. Byakuya begins to pant slightly.

Soifon - Yoruichi-sama told me you were decent at shuunpo but this is pathetic. That you even got through the Captain-Exam at this speed is a true mark of the depths to which the Gotei 13 has fallen. You were right to say you will not release your Shikai because I will have killed you by then, Kuchiki Byakuya. 'Shunko'.

Soifon charges once more and Byakuya blocks the blow with his blade. But this time, with the help of her Shunko, Soifon is able to over-power Byakuya bringing him down on one knee.

Soifon - Game over, Kuchiki Byakuya.

She strikes and lands a blow. Then lets out a gasp of surprise as she stares at Byakuya's captain cloak billowing in the wind. Byakuya appears behind her.

Byakuya - Omitsukidou Step no. 3, Utsemi.

Soifon - I never knew you could do that, Kuchiki Byakuya. Who taught it to you? Was it Yoruichi-sama? Anyway, it makes no difference because I will certainly kill you the next time.

Byakuya - You really are talkative today, slave-brat. Are you trying to wear me out with your blabbering? I will admit that you have indeed made my knee touch the ground and for that I will have to prove to you once and for all with whom you are dealing. (He drops his katana). 'Bankai, Senbonzakura Kageyoshi.'

Soifon increases her Shunko to the maximum and heads straight for Byakuya. She dodges his petals and almost lands a blow but more petals come out of no where to block her attack. She shuunpos out of harm's way and charges once again. Using her Shunko as a protective armor she heads once more for Byakuya, this time in a zig-zag pattern making her harder to aim. The petals that come in contact with her Shunko bounce off her. She gets nearer Byakuya and raises her blade. With one quick command Byakuya makes a move.

Byakuya - 'Senkei Senbonzakura Kageyoshi'.

He blocks her blow with one of the Senkei katanas and resumes a blade to blade combat with Soifon. Soifon can feel her speed decreasing due to Senkei's ability and knows that Byakuya would soon have the upper hand. She does a number of quick shuunpos. She is able to get behind Byakuya.

Soifon - 'Bakudo no roku jyuu nii, Hyapo Rankan.'

As the hundred rails speed towards Byakuya he takes a stance and parries each and every one. But he does so at the cost of defense. Soifon finds her opening and, with a lightning quick flash, lands a true blow right before Byakuya shuunpos away. The Hornet's Crest blooms on Byakuya's back.

Byakuya - Tch.

Soifon - Do you still plan to continue or are you ready to beg me for mercy? Grovel and plead, I might heed you for you are my senpai's friend. Continue and I will personally relay to her how you died.

Byakuya - You must be friends with that Ryoka-brat seeing as you channel his penchant for useless remarks.

Soifon - So you chose the more painful option. So be it, Kuchiki Byakuya.

(Soundtrack: "The roof, the roof, the roof is on fire. We don't need no water...")

They stirke at the same time, clashing their blades and pitching their resolve, one against the other. Swords flash like lightning leading to thunder-clanging clashes. Byakuya breaks up his Bankai again into 100,000,000 blades. They are both still within the sphere of petals. Soifon, with her Shunko still activated, aims and lands two more blows on Byakuya. Byakuya seems fleetingly desperate. He begins to wildly fire off 'Hado no yom, Byakurai.' Soifon laughs at his desperation and blocks each of the shots easily. Byakuya continues. Soifon laughs louder; then halts her laughing as the shots stop coming and she cannot find Byakuya. Then Byakuya's voice reaches her from outside the sphere.

Byakuya - 'Gokei Senbonzakura Kageyoshi.' Farewell, slave-brat.

Soifon - (In a panicked voice) This won't stop me. I can block your petals with my Shunko.

Byakuya - No matter how strong a defense is it will still be over-powered by a stronger attack.

The sphere begins to close in on Soifon. She concentrates all her Shunko around her. The attack completes itself. The blades calm their swirling and Byakuya turns around to walk away. Then he stops and looks around too late.

Soifon - 'Bakudo no kyuu jyuu kyuu, Kin.'

Byakuya shuunpos but is unable to completely evade the spell. His leg is caught in the ropes. Soifon, all bloodied and torn, pants as she calls out her Bankai.

Soifon - 'Bankai, Jakuho Raikoben.' Surely, you did not forget that I had Bakai as well, Kuchiki Byakuya.

She takes aim and fires. The missile is fast as it flies towards Byakuya. At that same instance Byakuya surrounds himself with his Bankai and sends the petals flying towards the missile. The two hit in mid-flight. Jakuho pushes through the petals and continues it flight towards its target. Only problem is that it's target is not where he was supposed to be. Jakuho eplodes. Soifon gasps as the touch of cold steel presses against her neck.

Byakuya - You cast a spell you are not familiar with without the incantation. As such, it was only able to hold me for a short while. I was able to escape by buying time with my Senbonzakura. And now I will complete what my Gokei failed to achieve. You are completely worn out and won't be able to use your Shunko. This time it really is farewell, slave-brat. But be glad, you fought well enough to make me use my Bankai and for that I give you praise.

Byakuya swipes hid blades through Soifon's neck; she is dead before she realises it. She screams as she vanishes into thin air and then her screams die with her. Byakuya sheathes his sword. He begins to make his way towards his home and looks up to find a teary-eyed Yoruichi livid beyond compare.

To be continued...

I wanted to include some hand to hand combat but I'm not so good with that technique. Hope it wasn't too boring though :tem.

kitten320
December 16, 2009, 06:34 AM
This match up was always giving me a headace because it is really hard to say... there are so many possibilities!
I always come up with a tie...

But I voted for Soi Fon for several reasons...

Soi Fon is supoused to be the fastest capatin (maybe not as fast as top 4 and Aizen). She was catching up with Yoruichi and butterflieng her very easily. I really doubt that Yoruichi would want to play with pissed off Soi Fon and her shikai. But Byakuya was out speeded by Yoruichi what basicly makes Soi Fon faster than him, giving her chances to escape from his bankai. But if things get really nasty, she has shunko to blow away all the petals what would give her the oppening to stab him.

But then again Byakuya has good reflexes and sword fight abilities as well as Kido so stabbing him twice might not be that easy.

And if to talk about Kido... shunko is fully Kido based so she must be good in kido too. Besides she fully owns in hand to hand combat in which Byakuya knows nothing, she could use it to her advantage.

So yeh it still comes to a draw... but if she will be fast enough and will use a suprise factot, she will get him but in a very tough and tiering fight.

There is no reason to mention bankai unless she can get away far enough from him to have time to shoot it and not get in the blast zone. If that's possible then Byakuya has no options for survival, he can't age the rocket. But I don't think she would be able to use bankai so better leave it out.

Sorry to say it but... Has any cero ever been avoided? All of yhem are taken head on or missed only slightly. And cero takes only a bit of space. Soi Fon's bankai takes far bigger area and then it also can blow you away. There is no way you can fully avoid it.

And let's not forget what Hachi had said. He is barrier master and if he says that her bankai has mega destruction power than it does. The shield of tiny blades won't save him in any way.

And abput her not being able to avoid his blades... she has shunko about which you have completly forgotten and it also has massive destruction power and also blows things away. So yeh, she isn't as bad as you make her look.

Truu
December 16, 2009, 02:18 PM
28 votes for Byakuya... :facepalm

I must laugh when people can't make a difference between logic and fan logic. Seriosly, Byakuya would never able to beat Soifon.

Why? 1) Soifon is faster. This is a fact, if someone don't beleive it just re-read the manga.
2) She has a deadly shikai and because she is faster she can kill Byakuya without a doubt. All she has to do is to demonstrate the trick when she used against Ggio Vega.
3) She has more experience. Fact. During the TbTP arc Byakuya was a "freshman", he didn't know the shunpo and he was not shinigami as well, while Soifon was member of the onmitsukidou already.

So, in the end Soifon would win this.

no_regretsYSL
December 16, 2009, 03:14 PM
28 votes for Byakuya... :facepalm

I must laugh when people can't make a difference between logic and fan logic. Seriosly, Byakuya would never able to beat Soifon.

Why? 1) Soifon is faster. This is a fact, if someone don't beleive it just re-read the manga.
2) She has a deadly shikai and because she is faster she can kill Byakuya without a doubt. All she has to do is to demonstrate the trick when she used against Ggio Vega.
3) She has more experience. Fact. During the TbTP arc Byakuya was a "freshman", he didn't know the shunpo and he was not shinigami as well, while Soifon was member of the onmitsukidou already.

So, in the end Soifon would win this.

I'm not sure about all that.
1. Technically there is no evidence that Soi Fon is actualyl faster, I mean I've never seen her use the "after-image" technique, period.

2. Yeah her shikai is pretty boss, however Byakuya could let it be a stand-still and cover himself in "cherry blossoms" while letting the rest of them hunt down Soi Fon. But she is pretty quick so she would probably dodge all of them while not being able to actually hit Byakuya. But as previously stated, Byakuya could "trick" Soi-Fon with an after-image, bind her with kidou, and finish her off.

3. She has more experience, but you forget that Byakuya is a genius, and stood out amongst other shinigami. I mean even though he never caught her, he used to play tag with the goddess of flash herself. (Of course Soi Fon trained with her too, but speed seems to be her end all advantage so once again we have to discuss the ramifications of the "after-image/shadow clone" technique.

I'm pretty sure Byakuya would win, however I think anyone who says otherwise could also put up a pretty good argument saying Tosen could beat Yamamoto with his sense nullifying Bankai.

kitten320
December 16, 2009, 06:00 PM
I'm not sure about all that.
1. Technically there is no evidence that Soi Fon is actualyl faster, I mean I've never seen her use the "after-image" technique, period.

2. Yeah her shikai is pretty boss, however Byakuya could let it be a stand-still and cover himself in "cherry blossoms" while letting the rest of them hunt down Soi Fon. But she is pretty quick so she would probably dodge all of them while not being able to actually hit Byakuya. But as previously stated, Byakuya could "trick" Soi-Fon with an after-image, bind her with kidou, and finish her off.

3. She has more experience, but you forget that Byakuya is a genius, and stood out amongst other shinigami. I mean even though he never caught her, he used to play tag with the goddess of flash herself. (Of course Soi Fon trained with her too, but speed seems to be her end all advantage so once again we have to discuss the ramifications of the "after-image/shadow clone" technique.

I'm pretty sure Byakuya would win, however I think anyone who says otherwise could also put up a pretty good argument saying Tosen could beat Yamamoto with his sense nullifying Bankai.

Ok, now it's my turn :p

1. I wouldn't use the after image as an indication of speed. Beside she never really needed to use it. Her move on Vega had happened in less than second, she had stabbed him in two completly different places.
But then again Byakuya seemed to do similar thing with Ichigo... although I'm not sure if you could count Ichigo from that time as a good example...
I still base my opinion on their encounter with Yoruichi.
Omaeda also had implied her as a very fast captain and Suzumebachi in filler arc as well.

And this statement from Aizen also makes me wonder...
http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/177/11/

2. True, senbonzakura would be a problem. But... she has shunko which is kido based which means she has to have a good kido. And shunko also could be used as a very good suprise attack. While Byakuya feels save behind petals, she blows them away and before he recovers she stabs him.

Of course it could go the way you had suggested.

3. True again, he is. But speed definetly isn't her only advantage. As I said she has shunko and most importantly she is a profesional in hand to hand combat. Byakuya knows none.
Take a look at filler episode where she was fighting Ichigo. Yes it was filler and Ichigo wasn't seriouse but you saw what she did with him. Hack, Rukia got far more scared when Soi Fon had put her sword back then when she took it out. She dominates in hand to hand combat and if use it wisely, you can disarm the opponent.

So basicly you can't really tell the winner. Everything depends on how characters will act. In one round it could be Byakuya but in second her.
They both have skills which could put each other on disadvantage.

Raizen
December 22, 2009, 04:26 PM
Shuunko is condensed Spiritual energy. i don't think that it will be able to blow zenbonsakura away as u seem to think.

In terms of speed, soifon beat byakuya, but no by much. She won't be able to get 2 hits in so easily.

I think soifon is very skilled, stronger than most seem to believe but I think byakuya has more going for him. His bankai basically makes him a bigger monster while soifon's bankai doesn't really increase any of her powers that is why she doesn't like using it.

Jiggy-Ninja
December 22, 2009, 04:40 PM
This is my own crazy invention of what might happen if these two ever fought. Read at your own discretion for it is lengthy with a good chance of being boring :D; but please judge me kindly :p:amuse.

Byakuya - So, you dare impugn my formidability. How foolish! But be grateful, my Senbozakura would complete erase you from existence thus sparing your corpse the shame of ridicule.

Soifon - We'll see who the foolish one is by the end of this fight, Kuchiki Byakuya. (She draws her katana). 'Jinteki Syakusetsu, Suzumebachi.'

Byakuya - I know all about your Zanpakutohs ability and I can assure you that you won't be able to make even my knee touch the ground. (He draws his katana). I will kill you without using Shikai, slave-brat.

Soifon shuunpos behind Byakuya and strikes. Byakuya moves quickly. He shuunpos behind Soifon.

Byakuya - 'Bakudo no roku jyuu ichi, Rikujyuu Koru'.

The six rods clash into thin air and capture nothing. Soifon charges from below. Byakuya parries her blow. Their blades clash. Soifon goes into shuunpo over-drive. She weaves here and dodges there, all the while easily evading Byakuya's swings. Byakuya begins to pant slightly.

Soifon - Yoruichi-sama told me you were decent at shuunpo but this is pathetic. That you even got through the Captain-Exam at this speed is a true mark of the depths to which the Gotei 13 has fallen. You were right to say you will not release your Shikai because I will have killed you by then, Kuchiki Byakuya. 'Shunko'.

Soifon charges once more and Byakuya blocks the blow with his blade. But this time, with the help of her Shunko, Soifon is able to over-power Byakuya bringing him down on one knee.

Soifon - Game over, Kuchiki Byakuya.

She strikes and lands a blow. Then lets out a gasp of surprise as she stares at Byakuya's captain cloak billowing in the wind. Byakuya appears behind her.

Byakuya - Omitsukidou Step no. 3, Utsemi.

Soifon - I never knew you could do that, Kuchiki Byakuya. Who taught it to you? Was it Yoruichi-sama? Anyway, it makes no difference because I will certainly kill you the next time.

Byakuya - You really are talkative today, slave-brat. Are you trying to wear me out with your blabbering? I will admit that you have indeed made my knee touch the ground and for that I will have to prove to you once and for all with whom you are dealing. (He drops his katana). 'Bankai, Senbonzakura Kageyoshi.'

Soifon increases her Shunko to the maximum and heads straight for Byakuya. She dodges his petals and almost lands a blow but more petals come out of no where to block her attack. She shuunpos out of harm's way and charges once again. Using her Shunko as a protective armor she heads once more for Byakuya, this time in a zig-zag pattern making her harder to aim. The petals that come in contact with her Shunko bounce off her. She gets nearer Byakuya and raises her blade. With one quick command Byakuya makes a move.

Byakuya - 'Senkei Senbonzakura Kageyoshi'.

He blocks her blow with one of the Senkei katanas and resumes a blade to blade combat with Soifon. Soifon can feel her speed decreasing due to Senkei's ability and knows that Byakuya would soon have the upper hand. She does a number of quick shuunpos. She is able to get behind Byakuya.

Soifon - 'Bakudo no roku jyuu nii, Hyapo Rankan.'

As the hundred rails speed towards Byakuya he takes a stance and parries each and every one. But he does so at the cost of defense. Soifon finds her opening and, with a lightning quick flash, lands a true blow right before Byakuya shuunpos away. The Hornet's Crest blooms on Byakuya's back.

Byakuya - Tch.

Soifon - Do you still plan to continue or are you ready to beg me for mercy? Grovel and plead, I might heed you for you are my senpai's friend. Continue and I will personally relay to her how you died.

Byakuya - You must be friends with that Ryoka-brat seeing as you channel his penchant for useless remarks.

Soifon - So you chose the more painful option. So be it, Kuchiki Byakuya.

(Soundtrack: "The roof, the roof, the roof is on fire. We don't need no water...")

They stirke at the same time, clashing their blades and pitching their resolve, one against the other. Swords flash like lightning leading to thunder-clanging clashes. Byakuya breaks up his Bankai again into 100,000,000 blades. They are both still within the sphere of petals. Soifon, with her Shunko still activated, aims and lands two more blows on Byakuya. Byakuya seems fleetingly desperate. He begins to wildly fire off 'Hado no yom, Byakurai.' Soifon laughs at his desperation and blocks each of the shots easily. Byakuya continues. Soifon laughs louder; then halts her laughing as the shots stop coming and she cannot find Byakuya. Then Byakuya's voice reaches her from outside the sphere.

Byakuya - 'Gokei Senbonzakura Kageyoshi.' Farewell, slave-brat.

Soifon - (In a panicked voice) This won't stop me. I can block your petals with my Shunko.

Byakuya - No matter how strong a defense is it will still be over-powered by a stronger attack.

The sphere begins to close in on Soifon. She concentrates all her Shunko around her. The attack completes itself. The blades calm their swirling and Byakuya turns around to walk away. Then he stops and looks around too late.

Soifon - 'Bakudo no kyuu jyuu kyuu, Kin.'

Byakuya shuunpos but is unable to completely evade the spell. His leg is caught in the ropes. Soifon, all bloodied and torn, pants as she calls out her Bankai.

Soifon - 'Bankai, Jakuho Raikoben.' Surely, you did not forget that I had Bakai as well, Kuchiki Byakuya.

She takes aim and fires. The missile is fast as it flies towards Byakuya. At that same instance Byakuya surrounds himself with his Bankai and sends the petals flying towards the missile. The two hit in mid-flight. Jakuho pushes through the petals and continues it flight towards its target. Only problem is that it's target is not where he was supposed to be. Jakuho eplodes. Soifon gasps as the touch of cold steel presses against her neck.

Byakuya - You cast a spell you are not familiar with without the incantation. As such, it was only able to hold me for a short while. I was able to escape by buying time with my Senbonzakura. And now I will complete what my Gokei failed to achieve. You are completely worn out and won't be able to use your Shunko. This time it really is farewell, slave-brat. But be glad, you fought well enough to make me use my Bankai and for that I give you praise.

Byakuya swipes hid blades through Soifon's neck; she is dead before she realises it. She screams as she vanishes into thin air and then her screams die with her. Byakuya sheathes his sword. He begins to make his way towards his home and looks up to find a teary-eyed Yoruichi livid beyond compare.

To be continued...

I wanted to include some hand to hand combat but I'm not so good with that technique. Hope it wasn't too boring though :tem.
Oh, man, that is so totally great. Just one problem.

"...Soifon can feel her speed decreasing due to Senkei's ability..."

Senkei doesn't have that ability. What happened during the fight with Ichigo was that Ichigo wasn't used to the immense speed of his Bankai, which was so great it was wearing out his joints.

Ichigo was slowing himself down, Byakuya wasn't doing it.

Other than that, it's awesome.

kitten320
December 22, 2009, 05:17 PM
Shuunko is condensed Spiritual energy. i don't think that it will be able to blow zenbonsakura away as u seem to think.

In terms of speed, soifon beat byakuya, but no by much. She won't be able to get 2 hits in so easily.

I think soifon is very skilled, stronger than most seem to believe but I think byakuya has more going for him. His bankai basically makes him a bigger monster while soifon's bankai doesn't really increase any of her powers that is why she doesn't like using it.

Who knows, she had blown away her squed members in Bounto arc and it was making a great wind in her fight with Yoruichi. In movies it also blows pretty strong and it can explode so who knows.

Nope, she won't get them easy. It will take a lot of effort and maybe she won't get them who knows.

I agree there. I'm just saying that it fully depends on situation. The fight could go both ways.But I guess at the moment Byakuya might be a bit better. Soi Fon still needs to improve her shunko anyway.

ninjabot
December 22, 2009, 06:49 PM
It's not enough to just be faster than your opponent. You have to be CONSIDERABLY faster in Bleach. And Soi Fon isn't that much faster than Byakuya. And she hasn't been confirmed to have access to the Utsusemi (cicada) Shihouin technique.

Matter of factly, Leroux was faster than Byakuya, and still couldn't overwhelm him. Soi Fon can't simply run through a hail of SKY without flaying her flesh off, which would cause her to slow down her approach. And using her Bankai against someone with access to Shunpo or Sonido is suicide.

Byakuya wins quite decisively.

ninjaman
December 22, 2009, 09:34 PM
not a soi fon fan but she would win.

Truu
December 23, 2009, 09:04 AM
And using her Bankai against someone with access to Shunpo or Sonido is suicide.

Bullshit. She is a kido expert, so a high-class bakudo would stop Byakuya and her bankai just do the job.

Soifon wins.

El Samurai Guapo
December 24, 2009, 02:07 AM
Bullshit. She is a kido expert, so a high-class bakudo would stop Byakuya and her bankai just do the job.

Soifon wins.

It doesn't even need to be a high level bakudo, even if she catches Byakuya for a couple seconds in hainawa, it's over.

ninjabot
December 24, 2009, 09:18 AM

Soifon wins.

How many times have you seen Byakuya caught by someone who wasn't over twice his own speed? Soi Fon isn't fast enough to catch Byakuya by surprise. You also forget that Byakuya can negate every Kidou subjacent to level 80. Soi Fon has never proven she can use a Kidou in the 80's or 90's, (Shunko is not evidence of her being as versed in Kidou as Byakuya. Just that she can add kidou to her melee attacks) so Byakuya will just cancel out her Bakudou with Danku. Probably even Shunko, considering Byakuya's mid level Soukatsui (without even a spirit chant!) showed more destructive power than Soi Fon's Shunko.

Then there's SKY, which even caught up to Bankai Ichigo. His only hope of escaping the attack was deflecting the blades as they approached. Soi Fon can't do the same thanks to having no sword for deflecting, and having the least Reiatsu of the Gotei 13 (according to the databook).

It doesn't even need to be a high level bakudo, even if she catches Byakuya for a couple seconds in hainawa, it's over.

Yes...it does have to be high level. Infact it has to be one of the strongest. Unless it's higher than 80, it's completely useless against Byakuya.

Raizen
December 24, 2009, 04:38 PM
Who knows, she had blown away her squed members in Bounto arc and it was making a great wind in her fight with Yoruichi. In movies it also blows pretty strong and it can explode so who knows.

Nope, she won't get them easy. It will take a lot of effort and maybe she won't get them who knows.

I agree there. I'm just saying that it fully depends on situation. The fight could go both ways.But I guess at the moment Byakuya might be a bit better. Soi Fon still needs to improve her shunko anyway.
We shouldn't use fillers as evidence lol

Yes, the force of shuunko may be pretty strong but u have to ask urself, is the force from the release stronger than ichi's GT? I doubt it. Ichi's GT was blocked easily by just a few of byakuya's petals.

As for the kido aspect, i think byakuya is more skilled than soifon. Simply b/c of what the manga has shown. I mean even teh 9th espadas knew of byakuya's kido skills. I am just saying, it is my opinion after all

But if soifon wants to win, I don't think she will use her bankai. Using it will take away all the advantages she has.

kkck
December 25, 2009, 04:02 AM
I always kinda saw byakuya being among the top captains. Perhaps he is no shunsui or ukitake but I do think he is right below and extremely close to them just due to his more than significant versatility. Byakuya is a monster IMHO. Ichigo's strength has vaired significantly over the series apparently due to his inner hollow and his lack of control over his immense reiatsu but lets take a look at it over the SS arc. Kempachi fought and tied with shikai ichigo(granted he never really used kendo), but later on we see byakuya cornering the same ichigo but with a bankai(note that at that time ichigo's bankai seemed as powerful and haxed as the bankai's we see from captains now). Byakuya was trained by yoruichi to some extent which means he is very versed in shunpo and is probably familiar with assassination techniques (the technique he uses to destroy the enemy's power comes to mind). I doubt soifon's stile or speed are ultimately things byakuya could not deal with. Catching byakuya in a kido? It's plausible but the sheer difference in kido shown in the manga between them and the difference in stats would suggest byakuya could counter it or at least it is far easier for byakuyato cast a more powerful barrier which would allow his bankai to nail her. Soifon's bankai is powerful and a direct hit would probably leave no remains behind from byakuya but odds are he can use a combination of his bankai and shunpo to at least avoid the explosion. Soifon has basically one bankai shot to anhialate byakuya but if she fails she would be left basically powerless and a target for the sheer amount of blades byakuya can produce.

Truu
December 25, 2009, 05:07 AM
HILARIOUS! I just see that Byakuya is greviously overhyped in your books which is... lame. "byakuya being among the top captains" - hahaha, joke of the year. Soifon is too overestimated...

Probably even Shunko, considering Byakuya's mid level Soukatsui (without even a spirit chant!) showed more destructive power than Soi Fon's Shunko.

Joke of the year part 2... So you are saying that a random soukatsui is stronger than a rare technique like shunko? Give me a break... :facepalm Oh, but please let me tell you something: Soifon's shunko is wind based, so she just easily blow up Byakuya's petals and her epic speed and shikai combo will surely do the job.

kkck
December 25, 2009, 05:48 AM
HILARIOUS! I just see that Byakuya is greviously overhyped in your books which is... lame. "byakuya being among the top captains" - hahaha, joke of the year. Soifon is too overestimated...

Joke of the year part 2... So you are saying that a random soukatsui is stronger than a rare technique like shunko? Give me a break... :facepalm Oh, but please let me tell you something: Soifon's shunko is wind based, so she just easily blow up Byakuya's petals and her epic speed and shikai combo will surely do the job.

Interesting how you said a bunch of things (which included minor bashing) but contributed NOTHING to the conversation.:facepalm
Also, where did you get the idea that soifon's shunko was wind based? We have no reason to believe it has an elemental afinity at all lol. Even if it was wind based, I doubt her severely underdeveloped shunko is enough to just blow away the petals. That still would not solve the issue of byakuya concentrating his tiny blades into powerful swords(which might as well match the power of soifon's feeble shunko). It is also hard to determine how much faster than byakuya soifon actually is. While I do think that is the case, I don't think we have enough evidence to suggest she is more than insanely faster than byakuya. I mean, the only comparison we have is that yoruichi could run away from the guy and soifon could catch yoruichi. I don't think that is an indication that byakuya would not be able to react to an attack from either of them.

Truu
December 25, 2009, 06:29 AM
Soifon is obviously faster than Byakuya. If you don't believe me, just re-read the manga, lol. (But wait, I help you: Soifon killed Gio less than one second, did a looong step, pierce him twice and the guy felt just one. If this is not speed, then what?)

ninjabot
December 25, 2009, 10:55 AM
Oh, but please let me tell you something: Soifon's shunko is wind based, so she just easily blow up Byakuya's petals and her epic speed and shikai combo will surely do the job.

Shunko has no elemental properties whatsoever. The only wind that blew from the focused blast was shockwaves coming out from the actual force of the attack. Likewise, because Soi Fon (according to the DATABOOK) has the least amount of reiatsu of ALL the captains, she cannot blow SKY away, because Byakuya needs only to push the attack harder. Not to mention, it attacks from every possible angle, not just the direction that Soi Fon is firing Shunko.

If he sends SKY at her directly, and she shoots Shunko at him, then he will block it by forcing SKY to push against it, while the rest of the petals flay her from behind, above, and below if they're actually flying.

Soifon is obviously faster than Byakuya. If you don't believe me, just re-read the manga, lol. (But wait, I help you: Soifon killed Gio less than one second, did a looong step, pierce him twice and the guy felt just one. If this is not speed, then what?)

We KNOW that Soi Fon is faster than Byakuya. She's just not fast enough that she can overwhelm him with her speed. Likewise, Gio Vega was a Fraccion, meaning he's barely as strong as certain VC opponents. It's obvious that she was much faster than he, as she's a captain level fighter. You're not implying that Gio is faster than Byakuya are you?

kkck
December 25, 2009, 01:00 PM

When did I say soifon wasn't faster than byakuya? We all know that at this point. I simply doubt her speed is so great that she can just shunpo to where byakuya is without him having time to react. I don't think it is reasonable to assume soifon can do that to a captain (any of them lol) in the same way she could do it to a fraccion. Byakuya's skill with shunpo, kido and his range (normal sword and petals) should very well allow him to defend.

conn-man
December 25, 2009, 01:18 PM
are we all forgetting that soifons shunko is just a lame version of what yoruichi uses? it seems to me like all the soifon vs whoever threads have people thinking that its gonna win it for her everytime.

Truu
December 25, 2009, 01:33 PM
Likewise, because Soi Fon (according to the DATABOOK) has the least amount of reiatsu of ALL the captains

Where do the databook says that she has the least amount of reiatsu?

Likewise, because Soi Fon (according to the DATABOOK) has the least amount of reiatsu of ALL the captains

Just a note: Last time when she used shunko was in the SS arc. How much time has passed from then to now? 4-5 months? Possibly. And just because she hasn't used her shunko against Barragan doesn't mean her version is still "lame". What if Yoruichi trained her?

kkck
December 25, 2009, 02:04 PM
Just a note: Last time when she used shunko was in the SS arc. How much time has passed from then to now? 4-5 months? Possibly. And just because she hasn't used her shunko against Barragan doesn't mean her version is still "lame". What if Yoruichi trained her?

It has been around 2 months since SS arc. The arrancar arc started a month after school started and then ichigo trained for a month with the vizards. I doubt 2 months of training would do much help when a 100 years led her to a merely mediocre almost unusable shunko.

Well, for one thing we can't possibly know that so logically it shouldn't and it can't be used as an argument. On top of that yoruichi herself has yet to master shunko so it is unlikely she would be that much help.

Even if soifon does use shunko, I would think byakuya's senkei or shukei hakuteiken would pack quite a bit more power considering this is a bankai fully compressed for the purpose of destruction and soifon's shunko is mediocre at most.

Truu
December 25, 2009, 02:10 PM
I doubt 2 months of training would do much help when a 100 years led her to a merely mediocre almost unusable shunko.

WTF are you talking about? Shunko: "It's something I recently invented" - she was saying this during her fight against Yoruichi, so I don't really know what is that 100 years thing... :facepalm

kkck
December 25, 2009, 02:39 PM
WTF are you talking about? Shunko: "It's something I recently invented" - she was saying this during her fight against Yoruichi, so I don't really know what is that 100 years thing... :facepalm

Ok, so she only recently invented it. It does not really change things much lol. I mean, by comparison yoruichi seems to have had shunko for a much longer time than soifon and even then she has yet to truly master it (she seems to have a final for -to which soifon's shunko cannot even begin to compare- but she lacks control over it). I doubt soifon could have reached in a mere 2 months what yoruichi could not achieve in god knows how many years, decades or even centuries. I mean, the very outfit of the second division was made for the purpose of using shunko efficiently so I doubt she didn't have it 100 years ago.

kalik2k
December 25, 2009, 08:14 PM
I say Byakuya. His swordsmanship is way better, along with Kidou. Though there is the speed factor in this that is definately debatable. Soifon has great speed which nobody can deny, but so has Byakuya. You also have to remember that Byakuya was taught Covert Ops Shunpo steps by Yoruichi - does Soifon know the steps?

Travis
December 25, 2009, 08:18 PM
If Yoruichi couldn't defeat Byakuya I don't see how Soi Fong can. I don't really think she could lay a hand on Byakuya. We saw Byakuya handle the fastest espada with ease. He did have to use a shunpo move that Yoruichi taught him, but that espada made after images that could attack because he was so quick and that espada still couldn't lay a hand on him. How is Soi Fong suppose to get 2 hits on Byakuya in the same spot? I don't see it happening.

El Samurai Guapo
December 25, 2009, 10:53 PM
If Yoruichi couldn't defeat Byakuya I don't see how Soi Fong can. I don't really think she could lay a hand on Byakuya. We saw Byakuya handle the fastest espada with ease. He did have to use a shunpo move that Yoruichi taught him, but that espada made after images that could attack because he was so quick and that espada still couldn't lay a hand on him. How is Soi Fong suppose to get 2 hits on Byakuya in the same spot? I don't see it happening.

Who says Yoruichi can't be Byakuya?

kkck
December 25, 2009, 11:22 PM
Who says Yoruichi can't be Byakuya?

I think he refers to this:
http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/120/03/

It is kinda ambiguous but depending on how you interpret it yoruichi could have been included in her statement. Kinda hard to know exactly what she meant with such a poor and old translation though.

El Samurai Guapo
December 26, 2009, 02:53 AM
I think he refers to this:
http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/120/03/

It is kinda ambiguous but depending on how you interpret it yoruichi could have been included in her statement. Kinda hard to know exactly what she meant with such a poor and old translation though.

Yeah, I knew exactly what he was referring to, but I think my question is still valid. Even if Yoruichi-san was including herself when she said that, it's still not an indication that she's weaker than Byakuya. For starters, she would have had to fight Byakuya unarmed, without a zanpakutou, while looking out for Ichigo's unconscious ass. She was also probably rusty from being in her cat form for such a long time.

Yoruichi-san is at least as powerful as Kisuke, there's no way she's weaker than Byakuya. He couldn't even keep up with her while she was carrying Ichigo on her shoulder.

Truu
December 26, 2009, 04:39 AM
We saw Byakuya handle the fastest espada with ease.

And Soifon was fighting with one of the strongest and most dangerous espada, so your point is meaningless... Oh, and if I mentioned that: Does Byakuya can even scratch Barragan? I don't think so.

Don't you think that if Byakuya is really a legendary strong (:eyeroll) character as you all say he should have fight with a stronger opponent not the 7th espada?

What I think is: Byakuya has more fans and they obviously vote for him no matter who is his actual opponent... Bleh.

MidnightAngel
December 26, 2009, 07:42 AM
And Soifon was fighting with one of the strongest and most dangerous espada, so your point is meaningless... Oh, and if I mentioned that: Does Byakuya can even scratch Barragan? I don't think so.

Don't you think that if Byakuya is really a legendary strong (:eyeroll) character as you all say he should have fight with a stronger opponent not the 7th espada?

What I think is: Byakuya has more fans and they obviously vote for him no matter who is his actual opponent... Bleh.

So you think that Kenpachi and Mayuri are weak characters ?

Travis
December 26, 2009, 08:18 AM

No what I'm saying is he's already dealt with 2 fast opponents. Ichigo, and the 7th espada, the fastest espada. The espada could make after images that actually could attack because he was so fast, and Byakuya was still able to not get hit by him. So I don't believe he would have trouble with her. It's unclear the destructive capablities of her bankai and whether or not Byakuya could block it with his bankai or could dodge it before it hits him.

After seeing Kenpachi have trouble cutting Noitora and then lobbing limbs off of Yammi, the 0 espada like it's nothing, it kind of shows that Noitora was right about his heirro, and we can assume the 7th espada was telling the truth too. Byakuya was able to harm Yammi so your point of hurting the 2nd espada is meaningless. Also Yoruichi said she couldn't defeat Byakuya and she was able to defeat Soi Fong pretty easily once she used Shunko. I'm not even a Byakuya fan.
[hr]

Yeah, I knew exactly what he was referring to, but I think my question is still valid. Even if Yoruichi-san was including herself when she said that, it's still not an indication that she's weaker than Byakuya. For starters, she would have had to fight Byakuya unarmed, without a zanpakutou, while looking out for Ichigo's unconscious ass. She was also probably rusty from being in her cat form for such a long time.

Yoruichi-san is at least as powerful as Kisuke, there's no way she's weaker than Byakuya. He couldn't even keep up with her while she was carrying Ichigo on her shoulder.
I think it's pretty clear cut that she couldn't defeat him from what she said. She basically says the same thing 2 pages later again. I mean unless there is a big translation error I don't see how it can interpreted any differently. Also the anime is similar with the same words being said. She fought Soi Fong without a zanpaktou and still won. That's the whole point.

If she could defeat Byakuya, then she could have Ichigo grab Rukia and leave with the others while fighting Byakuya.

kkck
December 26, 2009, 03:54 PM

Soifon did not scratch barragan either, at least not on her own. Not that it has anything to do with anything here. And he did win against 7 basically with ease considering how easily byakuya countered septima's power with 1 kido and killed him with a sealed sword. Then again, not that it has anything to do with this. The main reason I see byakuya winning this is that basically he seems to be great at everything. Obviously he won't win against soifon in a hand to hand competition or a shunpo matchup but he certainly does not suck at those either. He also seems significantly better at kido, his zampakuto is highly more versatile and has far more uses (granted it is not as haxed as soifon's shikai or bankai), and seems to have the stronger reiatsu so far.

As for the bolded part, it basically translates to "Whoever disagrees with me is a fanboy or mentally retarded" so it is fairly hard to take seriously lol.