PDA

View Full Version : Discussion Seinen Section Suggestion Thread

Kaiten
November 22, 2009, 11:03 PM
Does anyone have any ideas to improve the general seinen section? Feel free to post them here. Don't be afraid to ask anything (as long as it's on topic :)) while I can't promise to implement (or agree with) every suggestion I would at least like to hear what everyone has to say. One of my goals as the local moderator for the general seinen and Vagabond sections is to create the best possible place to post and increase the fanbase of seinen. Any suggestions to meet that goal would be greatly appreciated.

Any questions directed directly at me can be posted to my thread. (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50341) There is no off topic there, I'll answer any question posted.

Revilenigma
November 23, 2009, 03:00 PM
Maybe a sticky thread with an index of all the threads in alphabetical order? It'll probably be a pain for any future thread starter to search through the 6 pages(and growing) to see if a thread for a particular series has already been made.

Kaiten
November 23, 2009, 03:13 PM
Not a bad idea, I'm going to look and see if some of the series forums have indexes to get some ideas. If no one else has done it I'll work on starting one from scratch. In the meantime it may be easier is to change the prefixes. Right now the only ones widely used are ongoing and complete. Clicking on either leaves just as big a list to go through. The other prefixes: one shot, dropped, hiatus, info. Removing the unused ones and adding more specific will make searches easier. Off the top of my head I'm thinking publisher prefixes, that may be a bit obscure for some members though. Other ideas would be appreciated.

For those who don't know (if there are any), by clicking on the prefix next to the title you can narrow down visible threads to those that share that prefix.

ninjaa
November 24, 2009, 09:31 PM
I think there should be organization by genre, so one can quickly find the kinds of stories he/she likes.

vintagemistakes
November 25, 2009, 12:57 AM
Maybe a sticky thread with an index of all the threads in alphabetical order? It'll probably be a pain for any future thread starter to search through the 6 pages(and growing) to see if a thread for a particular series has already been made.
I don't know if anyone knows about this or uses it, but theres an easier way to search through a board for a specific title then manually trolling through it or looking through an index IMHO.

Above the announcements and to the right, there is a "Search this Forum" function. Click on it and the "advance search" link and you'll be taken to a... well... an advance search page. Type in the title you're looking for under "search by key word" and select search by titles only. Hit return and a list of threads with the key words you inputted will appear.

benelori
March 30, 2010, 06:21 AM
Well...I have an idea, but I dunno if it involves much time or anything...it probably does...
How about restructuring everything...there should be like 3 main threads and the rest sections which contain manga of the certain genre...
So the rules thread, the manga update thread and the general hangout thread should be kept, and the rest of the manga including the four which have sections reserved to them included in sections named by the genre
I know sometimes the genre itself can be hard to pinpoint exactly, but one can organize them concerning the predominant theme(action, love, society, sci-fi etc)
So if somebody wants to check out the action segment, he will bump into Ganz, but maybe he'll want to check out Liar Game as well, or Tenjou Tenge, who knows...
It would be easier to track it, also...
vintagemistakes mentioned the search field...but maybe I would like to search for a good sci-fi manga, so it would be good to go in the sci-fi section and take a look at the discussion threads there, and maybe I'll find one...so I dunno the title, but I can still find something