PDA

View Full Version : Chapter One Piece 566 Discussion / 567 Prediction

Pages : [1] 2 3

igotthegoods
November 27, 2009, 02:08 AM
If you haven't seen the goodies yet, you can check them out in the Spoiler Pics & Summaries (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1690670#post1690670) thread. This is where you can discuss all about them. But remember no spamming.

Please remember: NO SPOILERS OUTSIDE THE SPOILER THREADS. This rule will be strictly enforced. Please respect those that don't want to be spoiled. Thanks.

Chapter is out, see the RTS page here (http://mangahelpers.com/m/one-piece/chapters/566/)!

1nfamous
December 01, 2009, 11:40 PM
omg. . . . is this real

Zojo
December 01, 2009, 11:46 PM
Awesome! Looks like it's Croc vs Flamingo.
It's a shame too...it seems like Crocodile was in the process of major rescuing (or breaking the defence for the rest).

And...Ace is rescued at the last second?! Vista? Mihawk? SHANKS?!

Who was the swordsman, I wonder...

darklide
December 01, 2009, 11:49 PM
So Croc was WB's trump card?

@zojo: no swordman i think. IMO its flamingo using his strings

Zojo
December 01, 2009, 11:53 PM
So Croc was WB's trump card?

@zojo: no swordman i think. IMO its flamingo using his strings

Actually, that's my bad. Someone just posted in the pics and summeries thread saying it was Crocodile who attacked the executioners.

Fantasy810
December 02, 2009, 12:01 AM
Actually, that's my bad. Someone just posted in the pics and summeries thread saying it was Crocodile who attacked the executioners.
Oh yeah it's Crocodile who saved Ace,unbelievable

gotdott
December 02, 2009, 12:07 AM
SO. MUCH. ACTION. :blink

I guess the climax is now, but retreat? What is Whitebeard planning?

chitgoks
December 02, 2009, 12:07 AM
tsk. guess it was inevitable. garp vs luffy!

dragonballz66
December 02, 2009, 12:08 AM
Garp vs Luffy, I wonder what will happen next chapter.

darklide
December 02, 2009, 12:08 AM
just read the full spoiler
Jozu was WB's trump card as said before

And now we'll have Garp v/s luffy

and sengoku v/s Marco+iva+jimbei

Ok i know that this has been said and oversaid, but...ITS GONNA BE EPIC ^^

gotdott
December 02, 2009, 12:09 AM
btw lol at croc talking while his head is flying through the air.

just read the full spoiler
Jozu was WB's trump card as said before

And now we'll have Garp v/s luffy

and sengoku v/s Marco+iva+jimbei

Ok i know that this has been said and oversaid, but...ITS GONNA BE EPIC ^^

Really? What I got from it was that the black moby dicks were related to the trump card.

Mr. Crocodile
December 02, 2009, 12:14 AM
I can't describe how happy I'm feeling right now..these are the best spoilers ever. Very soon we'll be witnesses to Sengoku's and Garp's true power.
[hr]
Marco gives Luffy a ride..hilarious..LOL

Zojo
December 02, 2009, 12:14 AM
Yeah, I think The BLack Moby DIck was the trump card.

Man...I can't wait. The thought of seeing Sengoku finally fight...and seeing more from awesome fighters Marco, Iva, and Jimbei....SWEET!

I think Garp will go two ways, he'll fight Luffy (or whoever if Luffy is still not able to take him down) to near death......or he'll pick family in the end and fight Sengoku to near death.

I guess either way...Garp could be the one in the family who dies or comes closest to death this day.

Wowzers
December 02, 2009, 12:21 AM
YES!! I've been waiting for this for soooo long! Garp vs Luffy! :woot

This is where Luffy actually learns how to use haki by learning Garp's 'Fist of Love'. This is the fight we have been waiting for! Expect Luffy to take a real beating next chapter... only to figure it out at the end.

I'm actually getting giddy. :spaz

Shiro-kun
December 02, 2009, 12:27 AM
I FEEL SO EMOTIONAL ABOUT THIS CHAPTER!!!! :amuse :amuse

Im really exited about this chapter, its got all my fanboyism out right now (ITs like A FRICKEN FREE FOR ALL)

but.. im also super sentimental that Garp is about to fight as well :crying:crying against his grandchildren

Poneglyph420
December 02, 2009, 12:27 AM
This chapter is really building in tension, and to see Croc, there to save Ace...
Yes!!! That's why I love O.P.!!!! I have to agree that seeing Garp in action finally will be amazing. And IF Luffy can grow from this experience we could indeed see Luffy using Haki intentionally. We still have to see what Garp and Sengoku do for now..

I have seen some different spoilers so I'm not sure what to make of it........

hyperdog
December 02, 2009, 12:30 AM
Big WOW WOW for me.

Didn't expect to see croc joins forces with WB.

However, i wonder what the shicibukai are doing other than Doflamingo and Hancock. Things must be very exciting next chapter. WOw again:):):):)

gotdott
December 02, 2009, 12:31 AM
YES!! I've been waiting for this for soooo long! Garp vs Luffy! :woot

This is where Luffy actually learns how to use haki by learning Garp's 'Fist of Love'. This is the fight we have been waiting for! Expect Luffy to take a real beating next chapter... only to figure it out at the end.

I'm actually getting giddy. :spaz

loll imagine that..

GUM GUM GATLING FISTS OF LOVE

bittman
December 02, 2009, 12:36 AM
Oh fuck off. Sick of admirals looking weaker than division captains.

Still interesting things to note early on:
PRO: This is Joz's second succesful attack on a logia (croc and now Kizaru) that has resulted in bleeding
CON: Crocodile got lame. No really, don't give me "Oh yeah crocodile!". That's bullshit from some guy who was meant to be nothing more than a villain. Be like having Doflamingo save Camie because he felt sorry for enslaving her.
CON: As I said earlier: sick of admirals getting beaten up. Apparantly Luffy is faster than all of them, and none of them are aware of what's going on around them so they get hit by surprise attacks.
CON: Siege wall just became a massive anti-climax. What a waste of a chapter setting it up.
PRO: Garp! FUCK YEAH! This is the shit I predicted about 20 chapters ago.
PRO/CON: Sengoku takes the stage...and then faces off against 3 nobodies. What is Whitebeard, a bystander?
PRO: Doflamingo does shit. Can't get enough of his bad-assery. Take notes crocodile, this is how you be a bad guy. None of that saving ace crap.
CON: The plot of this entire chapter. I mean, Sengoku wants to execute Ace, it fails, he then thinks jumping into battle is a better plan?

That's about a 50-50 PRO-CON rating there...that's not really good One Piece then is it?

Disappointing chapter. I'll say it whilst you all fanboy about Marco, Joz and WB and the fact marines need to rely on Garp for some reason.

ascalon
December 02, 2009, 12:38 AM
Wow, this sounds like a spectacular chapter! I'm surprised the very early unconfirmed spoilers from elsewhere on the net were actually true. This chapter almost sounds like 20 pages of good development (so glad One Piece exists, instead of JUST Bleach). I can't wait til it comes out. I'm sorry Luffy has to fight his gramps. WTH does doflamingo think he can do against a logia? What powers does sengoku have? How cool is it to see him go against a team of Iva, Jinbei, and Marco :D?
[hr]

PRO: This is Joz's second succesful attack on a logia (croc and now Kizaru) that has resulted in bleeding
CON: Crocodile got lame. No really, don't give me "Oh yeah crocodile!". That's bullshit from some guy who was meant to be nothing more than a villain. Be like having Doflamingo save Camie because he felt sorry for enslaving her.
CON: As I said earlier: sick of admirals getting beaten up. Apparantly Luffy is faster than all of them, and none of them are aware of what's going on around them so they get hit by surprise attacks.
CON: Siege wall just became a massive anti-climax. What a waste of a chapter setting it up.
PRO/CON: Sengoku takes the stage...and then faces off against 3 nobodies. What is Whitebeard, a bystander?
PRO: Doflamingo does shit. Can't get enough of his bad-assery. Take notes crocodile, this is how you be a bad guy. None of that saving ace crap.
CON: The plot of this entire chapter. I mean, Sengoku wants to execute Ace, it fails, he then thinks jumping into battle is a better plan?

That's about a 50-50 PRO-CON rating there...that's not really good One Piece then is it?

Disappointing chapter. I'll say it whilst you all fanboy about Marco, Joz and WB and the fact marines need to rely on Garp for some reason.

Oh suck it up and wait til the chapter comes out. You'll change your tune, as they all do.

Fugui
December 02, 2009, 12:38 AM
This whole arc and the recent chapter 0 have blown my mind!

Since Garp said he's gonna quit, I wonder if he'll be like Brock Samson on the Venture Bros. Season 3 finale. He'll look at all the carnage and say, "Fuck it... I quit!"

Luffy vs. Garp... damn. Another emotional fight. :(

chitgoks
December 02, 2009, 12:44 AM
Yeah, I think The BLack Moby DIck was the trump card.

Man...I can't wait. The thought of seeing Sengoku finally fight...and seeing more from awesome fighters Marco, Iva, and Jimbei....SWEET!

I think Garp will go two ways, he'll fight Luffy (or whoever if Luffy is still not able to take him down) to near death......or he'll pick family in the end and fight Sengoku to near death.

I guess either way...Garp could be the one in the family who dies or comes closest to death this day.

yes that's quite possible. since garp said after the way he'll quit being a marine. maybe during the fight he will quit and lets luffy escape

RichardMNixon
December 02, 2009, 12:51 AM

Crocodile had ambition, at least initially, I see it as him being excited to be a pirate again. How do you know what he was "meant to be?"
What is everyone except WB, a nobody? Jesus, he's fighting WB's right hand, a Shichibukai, and a commander of the Revolutionary Army. From the way Marco talked after the Squardo bit, he might even be stronger than WB at this point, especially considering his injury.
Admirals not killing straw hats doesn't make much sense, no, but it's been par for the course for the whole manga. The pictures definitely show him losing/being injured before Marco rescues him.

Kokuu
December 02, 2009, 12:58 AM
Would have been interesting if Marco didn't make it in time and Hancock really did jump in to save Luffy. She looked about ready to smack Aokiji hard. :<

From what I can read on the pages, the script has some truths but there are certain things that contradict or seems fabricated when comparing with the raw page dialogue/actions.

RichardMNixon
December 02, 2009, 12:58 AM
And now apparently the script is fake? Did seem very detailed for this time of the week, dunno.

Shiro-kun
December 02, 2009, 12:59 AM
It did coincide with the first batch of spoiler pictures....hmm.

The Closet Pervert
December 02, 2009, 01:11 AM
Shiro-kun, you mean:
Someone wrote it to coincide with first batch of spoiler pictures? ;)

The new picture I see there has Whitebeard doing some weird scythe/spear-move. The long spoiler didn't have Whitebeard.
[hr]

*points at the new pictures*

No need to worry about Whitebeard being a "side character" there :tem

metalicdice
December 02, 2009, 01:12 AM
the reasion croc's change is coz i think wat white beard said hit him about not being strongest for ever n that he wants ace to be strongest (not that croc probley wants that to be ace) but he must have decided white beards time is over n that he will save aces life to make up for killing white beards after the war, since white beard practuly said i would swap my life in that statment, hence the part where he said he would kill white beard n marco doesn't get angry...

(just my opion could be way wrong)

BlindMunkey
December 02, 2009, 01:13 AM
@BITTMAN i feel sry for u if that is what u have to say about this chapter.
so many things to look forward to.. only thing i can think about is how Oda gonna play this out because all this is happening superfast. so are we gonna get little confrontations everywhere until Ace is saved and everyone look for a route to escape. someone like WB stays behind to make sure everyone else gets away and while doing that he goes down at the bottom of the sea as his rest in peace final place?

metalicdice
December 02, 2009, 01:16 AM
o btw why cant they take on admirals?? i mean we know at lest 2 people from rodgers crew that could, shanks n raylan... so why couldnt' a few captions from whitebeards be able to do the same??

metronome
December 02, 2009, 01:27 AM
Fake? Argh I believed all of them
and why is it still with a confirmed tag there?

hdiuy
December 02, 2009, 01:29 AM
This chapter seems for of win; Croc losing his head, WB.
My only complain is that i'm afraid that Oda is not willing to kill of any of the major characters , for starters Atmos is still alive. The 3 admirals vs Luffy is really of a lackluster, i can think of many ways for just one admirals to kill Luffy, not to mention 3. I know that Luffy is the main character but now its like reading a manga where you know that the main character is invincible(in the sense of not going to get killed on-screen). I'm not asking for Luffy to get killed, but at least when Luffy is in danger i kinda expect more of the dangerous feeling coming off from the 3 admirals. But then again not all the pictures are out yet ,so i'll be optimistic.
Oh and once again, Croc is awesome.

metalicdice
December 02, 2009, 01:38 AM
cant say that i mean look at his poison treatment, he was conferimed dead practuly... been a few cases like that with luffy, the fact that he did well running away untill he had help just shows that he's speed in getting up there with some of the big guns... his strenth n haki skills r still weak but alot of people have knotices luffy off the bat for his speed aka kicking crocboy away at the start impressed marco...

k-dom
December 02, 2009, 01:38 AM
Is that this black Moby dick who is blowing the wall.
Anyway it seems that everyone is in the plaza now, even Sengoku has to enter the scene, it was about time. We have waited for so long what he is able of
Luffy is still blown away and saved, that's kind of disapointing but there is probably no other choice yet

xstationcubed
December 02, 2009, 01:45 AM
This chapter seems for of win; Croc losing his head, WB.
My only complain is that i'm afraid that Oda is not willing to kill of any of the major characters , for starters Atmos is still alive. The 3 admirals vs Luffy is really of a lackluster, i can think of many ways for just one admirals to kill Luffy, not to mention 3. I know that Luffy is the main character but now its like reading a manga where you know that the main character is invincible(in the sense of not going to get killed on-screen). I'm not asking for Luffy to get killed, but at least when Luffy is in danger i kinda expect more of the dangerous feeling coming off from the 3 admirals. But then again not all the pictures are out yet ,so i'll be optimistic.
Oh and once again, Croc is awesome.

cept Luffy kinda got stabbed in one of those pictures, and only survived because Marco bailed him out...Which is what makes it different. Its not that he can't die, its that the people around keep saving his ass when he should rightly have been dead basically on arrival. The only thing keeping him alive is the fact that WB, and basically everyone around him, are helping him. If he didn't have that support, he wouldn't stand a chance. He's NOT invincible, he's just really likable.

Can't help but wonder what's up with Croc. He never struck me as much of a decent guy and this seems way out of character for him. knowing Oda there's an explanation though, there always is. May just be that he hates the govt. He wants WB's head, but that doesn't mean he has to let the marines get their way.

cippy
December 02, 2009, 01:45 AM
I don't get it why did he tell them to charge in last chapter and now they are retreating? ?
And what are hawkeye, Kuma and moria doing cause i can see all the division captains there except jozu and marco.

k-dom
December 02, 2009, 01:54 AM
If you have a closed look at the pictures, they are all in the plaza now. So they have not really retreated

kilm
December 02, 2009, 01:56 AM
I don't get it why did he tell them to charge in last chapter and now they are retreating? ?

I don't know what the original Japanese text is, but regardless, "charging the plaza" does not necessarily literally mean "run towards the plaza." It's meant as a ready call to indicate the start of a "trump card" plan that will get them to the plaza.

Truefan21
December 02, 2009, 01:58 AM
why do i see the word fake in the spoiler pics :mad
is this spoiler fake or something

Poneglyph420
December 02, 2009, 02:01 AM
why do i see the word fake in the spoiler pics :mad
is this spoiler fake or something

Yeah dude totally fake.
But of course the pics are all real.

elitefox
December 02, 2009, 02:07 AM
Did oz jr just use mobydick to destroy that wall wtf

nice saving there for marco, we will now see the power of Sengoku which is btw, underestimated because of his looks

ascalon
December 02, 2009, 02:07 AM
But the "fake" spoiler pretty much matched the pics ??? . Is the Garp part fake or what?

hdiuy
December 02, 2009, 02:14 AM
cept Luffy kinda got stabbed in one of those pictures, and only survived because Marco bailed him out...Which is what makes it different. Its not that he can't die, its that the people around keep saving his ass when he should rightly have been dead basically on arrival. The only thing keeping him alive is the fact that WB, and basically everyone around him, are helping him. If he didn't have that support, he wouldn't stand a chance. He's NOT invincible, he's just really likable.

You misunderstood what i'm trying to say. Its like when Luffy meets a stronger enemy (not all the time , just using an example), the first thought is there isn't 'the sense of danger' that Luffy is going to die . We all know he's going to bail out in one way or another but the main point is to have the 'sense of danger' from the admirals . All the pictures are not out yet so i won't jump to conclusion but its going to get boring if there no 'feeling' of Luffy going to die from the admirals.
And as for the invincible part ,you didn't get

I know that Luffy is the main character but now its like reading a manga where you know that the main character is invincible(in the sense of not going to get killed on-screen)

this part.

huynhlan
December 02, 2009, 02:16 AM
Now that this chapter have sengoku/ garp ready for battle, i'm pretty sure that raylight the dark king will show up pretty soon so the power can balance out. It will be WB vs. sengoku, while ray vs. garp.

msg
December 02, 2009, 02:19 AM
woho...about bloody time.So the secret weapon is black moby submarine kinda ship.Almost all the pirates board that ship so thats why they retreating the rear.With the help of oars, he shove that ship inside the plaza..hoho..and WB transfering his power to his bisento.

You see that rastaman with a chainball.Told you so he's one of the divison captain..he's to too prominent not to be one...and jozu destroying those walsl if i'm not mistaken..

Finally Sengoku and garp is making a move

elitefox
December 02, 2009, 02:23 AM
woho...about bloody time.So the secret weapon is black moby submarine kinda ship.Almost all the pirates board that ship so thats why they retreating the rear.With the help of oars, he shove that ship inside the plaza..hoho..and WB transfering his power to his bisento.

You see that rastaman with a chainball.Told you so he's one of the divison captain..he's to too prominent not to be one...and jozu destroying those walsl if i'm not mistaken..

Finally Sengoku and garp is making a move

pretty positive, the wall is destroyed

marco and jozu is awesome. I have been waiting for songoku sengoku to go super saiyan

Truefan21
December 02, 2009, 02:31 AM
But the "fake" spoiler pretty much matched the pics ??? . Is the Garp part fake or what?

but the script matches the spoilers so i dont understand why

monkey D luffy
December 02, 2009, 02:38 AM
well i guess just sengoku is coming to battle, which makes the fake spoiler a little less fake, but i guess he will take the whole WB crew by looking at the last pages.

gotdott
December 02, 2009, 02:38 AM

Looks like your little rant was based on a fake spoiler :p

Anyway from the last page it looks like they've all lined up somewhere with Whitebeard raising his halberd...if I was there this would be such a morale boosting sight :)

Well from the last page it seems like they are still in the plaza so I guess they didn't escape on a black moby dick >.>

Shiro-kun
December 02, 2009, 02:41 AM
i guess we have to wait for the translations
*sigh*

The Closet Pervert
December 02, 2009, 02:51 AM

The script came public after the pics were out. So someone wrote a fake script that matched the pictures. After the pictures came out.

cippy
December 02, 2009, 03:12 AM
This proves it the SN aren't going to come...Now that the real battle begins, they would be like ants in this battle. All of them combined can't even scratch an admiral.
I really am looking forward to what Sengoku can do he looks so badass in the pic. And poor Oars Jr. looks like he's dead for sure now.
But still i was hoping we get something about buggy.

Shiro-kun
December 02, 2009, 03:49 AM
After the barrage of Cannon fire , it would be overkill to see him back up again and Buggy ..i wonder how he is going to be ..unfrozen :blink

Desman
December 02, 2009, 04:15 AM
Now situation is bit intresting. Since Sengoku has been admiral level and hes going into battle or so it seems. According last weeks strong world bonus chapter Garp is also Admiral level fighter, but he never took promotion what will he do? I hope not Garp vs Luffy battle. Crocs bit mystery to me, why save Ace? Any chances to get Supernovas there still?

msg
December 02, 2009, 04:23 AM
You thought oars going back up is an overkill? I mean just take a a look at zoro's state at the thriller bark..I think he endured more worst than oars.This is OP were talking about.No death shown lol..I think what luffy did was just throwing things at the admirals and dodging them like crazy like what he did against mihawk till he was stabbed and Marco saving his ass..I still say The SN will come but at the end of the closing stage of the war.Why? cuz they want the limelights even though they're are like ants..if i'm wrong, well it's still awesome lol..haha sengoku folding his uniform flexing his arm muscle and getting all serious.

Most likely whitebeard will face Sengoku.I think i know the reason why croc saving Ace

urlaub
December 02, 2009, 04:30 AM
It seems that Luffy again gets stabbed by Aokiji and beaten, there is no end to his getting hurt, he wants everything too fast. And again in the last moment his life is saved by some force or other. I knew, as we all, that this is gonna happen, but it is still annoying in some extent(for me at least). But look at the hero Marco popping up and making a epic face of not being scared of an admiral or anything. He's like a frontline hero.

Croc saving Ace. An unexpected outcome for me. If you ask me he had some mood change. He lost his target WB and his goal fell away. He regroups so quickly and sets himself a new goal in an instant. I am pretty certain that this kind of action is a plan B action and not some random act of confusion. But look, Croc clashes with Flamingo. I think that they are going at it until the end of the war and possibly with no important outcome. Everyone was saying that Croc had some important role to play, well, I think he's role is played. PS. Luffy and Marco are like, what the hell are you planning now you gunning bastard!

WB using his weapon to extend his devil fruit? Can you do that? Seemed to me at first that it was haki, but someone said that WB and co and everybody are using haki all the time in the battle, so basically haki isn't hyped up like some important power. Which is ok I think. Haki needs some down time.

And the surprise was nothing special if you look at my earlier posts. I offered like million of possibilities. For example the fact that Oz's familiy is coated and under water or something:) But still great to see that there was a twin ship. Kind of romantic. And Oz storming to the wall that WB couldn't quake. It must be his last stretch, but as we know Oda he probably has some spare left. You can never rule that out;) So the fight is taken to the plaza at last. Let the havoc spread my friend.

I guess I'm seeing 12 captains and Marco is not on the picture. So 13 captains to be exact. I guess Oda makes this picture of them raising their hands, because it's like the conclusion of a stage in the war. And he certainly wanted all the division captains on that picture. But wait, shouldn't there be 14 of them. Was the 14 captains ment with Ace or even with Thatch. Could someone explain this to me please. And as was expected almost everyone that was shown in the previous picture where WB captains supposedly figured are there. With some errands. There is a guy missing who was using a bat and the guy who took some big wooden hammer out of himself, which reminded us of Capones power. And also the guy who was wearing a pudel around his neck and using a four barrel gun on his hand. So you have to assume those three weren't vice-admirals or they are and just aren't included on that familiy portrait. (But if you assume that there were counted a total of 14 captains, then one is still missing, and you would have to take a pick from those three guys I guess. Or you can switch couple of characters out. I would certainly add the storage-hammer guy and leave open whether this kind of a sceleton guy in the back is or is not a division captain and therefore he could be switched with the pudel or with the bat guy.)

And finally Sengoku is getting serious to punch the shit out of these scumbags. Go Sengoku!! This also means the end fase of the war is near. The last battle is beginning.

Question: what will Luffy do now? Who is going to be his opponent? It's probably not Akainu or the other two admirals and Sengoku and Garp I think also not. Moria is out of the question too. So who? Smoker? Mihawk. Luffy has already fought everyone a little(and lost to most of them) except for Flamingo, Akainu, Sengoku and that Sentomaru guy. Maybe time to take revenge on Sentomaru?

PS! Oda still has the time for a colorspread. Wow!

msg
December 02, 2009, 04:51 AM
I guess I'm seeing 12 captains and Marco is not on the picture. So 13 captains to be exact. I guess Oda makes this picture of them raising their hands, because it's like the conclusion of a stage in the war. And he certainly wanted all the division captains on that picture. But wait, shouldn't there be 14 of them. Was the 14 captains ment with Ace or even with Thatch. Could someone explain this to me please. And as was expected almost everyone that was shown in the previous picture where WB captains supposedly figured are there. With some errands. There is a guy missing who was using a bat and the guy who took some big wooden hammer out of himself, which reminded us of Capones power. And also the guy who was wearing a pudel around his neck and using a four barrel gun on his hand. So you have to assume those three weren't vice-admirals or they are and just aren't included on that familiy portrait. (But if you assume that there were counted a total of 14 captains, then one is still missing, and you would have to take a pick from those three guys I guess. Or you can switch couple of characters out. I would certainly add the storage-hammer guy and leave open whether this kind of a sceleton guy in the back is or is not a division captain and therefore he could be switched with the pudel or with the bat guy.)

...it's the pocket guy.Just noticed WB has one giant DC among his ranks

Desman
December 02, 2009, 04:56 AM
Last episode we saw supernovas.. any chances that they will join up? Crocodile is somewhat odd person. Since Garp and Sengoku are close of whitebeards level combatants will marineford be destroyed? I think spoilers were bit confusing... Marco saving luffy is normal since WB ordered him to keep Luffy safe.

Black Lagoon
December 02, 2009, 05:08 AM
Holy F**King S**t!! xD Pure Epicness, when I first saw the pics, I thought it was Luffy who owned the executors, but no ... it was Croco
WhiteBeard, Marco, Oars, the Moby Dick ... everyone is *speechless* xD

urlaub
December 02, 2009, 05:11 AM
Since Garp and Sengoku are close of whitebeards level combatants will marineford be destroyed? I think spoilers were bit confusing...

You can expect surely a couple of marine ships hammering into marine ford again:)

I mean maybe Sengoku has the throw throw fruit--can throw anything from battleships to islands eheheh. O0O0

Edit: it's the afro afro fruit.

Shiro-kun
December 02, 2009, 05:18 AM
You thought oars going back up is an overkill? I mean just take a a look at zoro's state at the thriller bark..I think he endured more worst than oars.This is OP were talking about.No death shown lol..

I did not say the recent upcoming of his was overkill, but after all that took , he goes up again it will be overkill to see Oars keep on coming back up.

and also for Zoro its not like he just got back up automatically again after he endured all that .. he was unconscious , than severly injured for days and exhausted.

btw No Death is shown in one piece? you are correct that point most characters (main, major and even minor characters) dont die ..but people do very well die in this series such as important people in flashbacks and cannon fodder so death is actually is shown

Black Lagoon
December 02, 2009, 05:26 AM
Since Garp and Sengoku are close of whitebeards level combatants will marineford be destroyed? I think spoilers were bit confusing...
Do you think it will last long, In my eyes ... it's barely destroyed ^_^

O0O0

Edit: it's the afro afro fruit.

LOL, damn yeah ... he has something hidden there or the afro is kinda weapon (like a cannonball) and it regenerates like Arlong's denture, and don't forget the Goat, dammit he has many aces up its sleeves. :p

Diablos
December 02, 2009, 05:29 AM
Dudes dudessssssssssssss omg, croco actually did "help" ace prevent ace execution for now *_* omg, omg is Garp really going into action? Epicness awaits *_*

Desman
December 02, 2009, 05:37 AM
just checked few chapters back... Marineford is pretty bad condition except plaza and platform since WB's quake that admirals blocked. Any chances that Sengoku executes Ace with bare hands? Or as Urlaub noted it will be Afro-Headbut! epic way to die.. :D cant hold to see this chapter. ^_^

urlaub
December 02, 2009, 05:40 AM
Is Garp going into action? I thought it is Sengoku who unleashes his fury upon the scum of the seas?

And yes the pocket guy is the division captain. Which means to me that all the division captains are on the picture. This means that the pudel guy and the bat guy are not division captains.
I still think that we cannot be shure about some division captains--the bat and pudel guy, plus this skeleton looking guy and the pig-looking guy(with WBs logo on his belly) between the older swordsman and the one robot guy that fought Moria.

Edit: afro-headbutt is genious. Maybe afro-shigan and afro hair controll.

Black Lagoon
December 02, 2009, 05:41 AM
Dudes dudessssssssssssss omg, croco actually did "help" ace prevent ace execution for now *_* omg, omg is Garp really going into action? Epicness awaits *_*

this only prove that the discourse of WhiteBeard has reached his heart :crying
XD

NoLimit89
December 02, 2009, 06:01 AM
D
LOL, damn yeah ... he has something hidden there or the afro is kinda weapon (like a cannonball) and it regenerates like Arlong's denture, and don't forget the Goat, dammit he has many aces up its sleeves. :p

Everyone keeps mentioning the goat but you guys forget an even greater power ...

THE SEAGULL ON HIS HEAD!!! (who always look still like as if it's plastic, but let me assure you, it's real)

ScratchmenApoo
December 02, 2009, 06:01 AM
OMG This is to most EPIC chapter in the history of One Piece!!!
I am so thrilled... I ... I am out of words how brilliant this is...
Crocodile saving Ace ? Sengoku and Garp finally starting to fight ? This means next week will be even better !
This is just amazing, I am waiting for the scanlation and big thanks to anyone who does that !

urlaub
December 02, 2009, 06:06 AM
I mean, wher is Garp in there?

hamad138
December 02, 2009, 06:08 AM
is garp hoing to fight senghok? or WB?

When he fights Senghok

The Marine are done. Ace could be rescued and the marine could fall to begin a new era

hayabark
December 02, 2009, 06:12 AM
ace is alone now, gmu gumu no key get lol

urlaub
December 02, 2009, 06:12 AM
Would the marines be done if Garp fights Sengoku? MMm, why should they be? There is nowhere stated that Garp is stronger than Sengoku or the admirals.

I think Garp interferes in the end of the next chapter, For now he seems to still sit there as Sengoku pulls his sleeves up, and showing us the strong and hard muscles that could damage your face like a tank.

Seems like the battle is on equal ground again. So epicness in that. Altough it was not a real surprise the black moby dick.

Black Lagoon
December 02, 2009, 06:17 AM
I mean, wher is Garp in there?

Same here dude, Since this is the last page (http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/6170/garp.jpg), I guess the chapter end when Garp said something that made the apprentice/spoilerman say Garp and Sengoku are moving... IMO

urlaub
December 02, 2009, 06:35 AM
Maybe Garp is the only one who knows Sengoku's afro techinques from way back. Let's assume that Sengoku has not used those for like 20 years. So Garp and only some other dudes know the secret behind the afro. So he could be the factor that can stop the afro.

jamjamstyle
December 02, 2009, 06:46 AM
Not sure if it's mentioned here but raw paradise has uploaded a raw 566 (cam) version of the chapter.

urlaub
December 02, 2009, 07:00 AM
Kizaru is a god!How do you beat the speed of light kick and movements?

DARK
December 02, 2009, 07:05 AM
Way to go, Oda.
Somehow haxing the WhiteBeard Pirates so they can effortlessly defeat ADMIRALS. Guess Luffy doesn't need to use Haki after all...

Anyways, good chapter. It really brings the war to a near conclusion despite having seen so little of the actual fighting taking place.

cippy
December 02, 2009, 07:08 AM
EPIC... so that was Oars role.. he threw the Moby Dick replica... Hope his sacrifice wasnt in vane. So Joz didnt break any wall.
And i love how Akainu and Kizaru were standing and men were flying past them.

Black Lagoon
December 02, 2009, 07:13 AM
WTF!! RAW is out :o waiting for translation xD

Shiro-kun
December 02, 2009, 07:36 AM
yay raws out :)

Whitebeard pirates effortly defeating Admirals where?

Black Lagoon
December 02, 2009, 07:37 AM
:eek Garp wtf is he gonna do? he seems like the trump card of Sengoku :jawdrop

:omg Whitebeard vs Sengoku & Garp in a battle like the clash they had with Shiki. EPIC :shakefist

dacookester
December 02, 2009, 07:43 AM
omfg........... best chapter in ages croc my man vs doflamingo wat a fight so doflamingos isnt a haki power
look at momonga hes standing beside akainu while everybody else goes flying he must be very high up

hamad138
December 02, 2009, 07:45 AM
We must answer a question !

The Marines cant fight 2 Yonkous thats for sure, so even WB Dies, The Marines will not dominating!

And when Dragon come, Marine would lose for 100%

http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/539/12/

dacookester
December 02, 2009, 07:47 AM

The Marines cant fight 2 Yonkous thats for sure, so even WB Dies, The Marines will not dominating!

that was if ace was his son and we found out along time ago that he isnt and if dragon fought that would be supreme overkill

Gats
December 02, 2009, 07:53 AM
Yeees ! Sengoku is going to enter in the battlefield ! We'll see the power of the old geezer.

edit : seems that Garp won't do anything.

Black Lagoon
December 02, 2009, 08:03 AM

the Marines are nothing, in fact they are being protected by the Yonkous themselves indirectly. IMO
An example to illustrate what I'm saying :

Don Krieg had an army of pirates but few "fighters"
WG has an army of soldiers but only few "fighters"

the opposite goes for the SH and the Yonkous :noworry

urlaub
December 02, 2009, 08:07 AM
Yeah, the evidence that WBs division captains and their followers still stand(pig-guy,pudel-guy, bat-guy) and all the other guys on top of the ship, means they are strong certainly! But you know seems that still there is some fodder too!

ScratchmenApoo
December 02, 2009, 08:13 AM
""Doflamingo: Hey, hey, Croc bastard....!!
You're gonna decline my offer and team up with Whitebeard!? You're gonna make me jealous, hehehehe!!""

Doflamingo doesn't care anymore which side he is fighting for ? This madman just wants to see killing, I guess.

urlaub
December 02, 2009, 08:21 AM
The last panel hints that Garp agrees with Sengoku. Wtf! So we will after all see Garp against WB? Wow! Amazing. What are the pairings now is the question! My offer: sengoku, Garp vs. WB; Aokiji vs. Marco; Mihawk or Akainu vs. Jozu; Kizaru vs. Jinbey and Ivankov; Flamingo vs. Croc. Division captains and the rest of the marines against each other(maybe Vista vs Mihawk).

Aokiji needs to get his ass kicked seriously.

Blooper
December 02, 2009, 08:31 AM
"Sengoku: Garp....
Garp: ....yeah
Sengoku: It seems like we're not going to be unscathed from this either....!!"

I'm telling you, if someone is to die, it's gonna be Garp :(

Trafalgar
December 02, 2009, 08:40 AM
Why oda doesn't make Akainu fight a little (even if it's against luffy)...Kizaru and Aokiji did the job and even took their chances against WB, but Akainu is just firing his meteors or magma or wathever from distance...I want to see him fight one vs one.
The next chapter is gonna be freaking Epic : Garp and Sengoku fighting WB !!!!!!!!

Also who's gonna kill Ace now that the executionners are out?? Maybe it's oda's way of showing us that he's not gonna die.

msg
December 02, 2009, 08:41 AM
I did not say the recent upcoming of his was overkill, but after all that took , he goes up again it will be overkill to see Oars keep on coming back up.

and also for Zoro its not like he just got back up automatically again after he endured all that .. he was unconscious , than severly injured for days and exhausted.

btw No Death is shown in one piece? you are correct that point most characters (main, major and even minor characters) dont die ..but people do very well die in this series such as important people in flashbacks and cannon fodder so death is actually is shown

well i was under the impression that you talked about the beatings that oars endured and received.well yeah it would be an "overkill" if Oars would fall and go up, fall and go up, ad infinitum.I don't think Oda will do that and it would be stupid if he do that..lol.Well i guess it's a misunderstanding on my part

you are right they're are a few exceptions like bellemere getting shot at by Arlong and lucky roo shooting at one of the higuma's men..
oh well made a mistake..Other than that, the rest of "death" was either not shown and/or was stated only in the manga after bellemere unless of course i missed a couple of them besides those two.In a way you are quite right.
But then again both of them might be alive after being shot at lol..yes even at the head at point blank *cough WB cough* and both was never stated narratively that both of them was killed on the spot right after being shot at.Even luffy, after being horrendously impaled by croco, is still alive.
So it's debatable but then again its not my point.
My point is that i've never seen a single character being implicitly stated/shown for a character to die on the spot after being slashed, stabbed, shot, decapitate etc.Oda did not specify it and don't need to.Hence my statement "there is no death on op being shown".Guess i've to apologised for my ambiguity.Blame oda for that.
I guess it should be - There is no immediate "death" shown or specify for an op characters after being slashed, stabbed, shot, etc..in the op world lol
yeah whatever..

----------------------------------------------------------

So what did Jozu actually do? Drilling the inbetween cracks of the wall..becoming a pin ball, get thhrown by WB, peel off the wall with his diamond?
my prediction almost hit it - that Wb division captains will ward off the admirals
sengoku will face Wb and Garp will face luffy. with Jimbie and Ivankov aiding him.Now if only the Sn would come..that would be sweet

As for the marines they're not yet defeated.They still have the Pxs to surround them.As for Croco saving Ace, i think its more about letting WB settling his "problem" first asap and after that Fighting him mano o mano with no distraction and inteferences from the wb pirates and the marines

Gats
December 02, 2009, 08:41 AM
""Doflamingo: Hey, hey, Croc bastard....!!
You're gonna decline my offer and team up with Whitebeard!? You're gonna make me jealous, hehehehe!!""

Doflamingo doesn't care anymore which side he is fighting for ? This madman just wants to see killing, I guess.

What are you talking about ? Doflamingo is the one who is offering a job to Croc, he is not switching side. Even Sengoku expected Crocodile to fight against Whitebeard only.

edit : I wonder why Sengoku won't execute Ace himself.

AiddonValentine
December 02, 2009, 08:45 AM
okay, now we can finally see what Sengoku can do, but I am getting a bit sick of Oda thinking he has to use EVERYONE just because they're there. Makes things a little oversaturated. Hopefully he gets to the climax of this arc already.

xstationcubed
December 02, 2009, 08:48 AM
well i was under the impression that you talked about the beatings that oars endured and received.well yeah it would be an "overkill" if Oars would fall and go up, fall and go up, ad infinitumI don't think Oda will do that and it would be stupid if he do that..lol.Well i guess it's a misunderstanding on my part

you are right they're are a few exceptions like bellemere getting shot at by Arlong and lucky roo shooting at one of the higuma's men..
oh well made a mistake..Other than that, the rest of "death" was either not shown and/or was stated only in the manga after bellemere unless of course i missed a couple of them besides those two.In a way you are quite right.
But then again both of them might be alive after being shot at lol..yes even at the head at point blank *cough WB cough* and both was never stated
narratively that both of them was killed on the spot right after being shot at.Even luffy, after being horrendously impaled by croco, is still alive
So it's debatable but then again its not my point.
My point is that i've never seen a single character being implicitly stated for a character to die on the spot after being
slashed, stabbed, shot, decapitate etc.Oda did not specify it and don't need to.Hence my statement "there is no death on op being shown".Guess i've to apologised for my ambiguity.Blame oda for that
I guess it should be - There is no immediate "death" shown or specify for an op characters after being slashed, stabbed, shot, etc..in the op world lol
yeah whatever..

----------------------------------------------------------

So what did Jozu actually do? Drilling the inbetween cracks of the wall..becoming a pin ball, get thhrown by WB, peel off the wall with his diamond?
my prediction almost hit it - that Wb division captains will ward off the admirals
sengoku will face Wb and Garp will face luffy. with Jimbie and Ivankov aiding him.Now if only the Sn would come..that would be sweet

As for the marines they're not yet defeated.They still have the Pxs to surround them.As for Croco saving Ace, i think its more about letting WB
settling his "problem" first asap and after that Fighting him mano o mano with no distraction and inteferences from the wb pirates and the marines

the captured Baroques Work agent that Smoker had was killed. that was an outright one. So was that guy Bellamy fought in Mock Town. and basically everyone has had an experience with death in their past. Other than that its very rare to see death. Oda says he doesn't like to use it to create drama (i believe, haven't seen the quote personally), so i'm guessing it only really happens when its absolutely necessary for the story to proceed.

ScratchmenApoo
December 02, 2009, 08:54 AM
What are you talking about ? Doflamingo is the one who is offering a job to Croc, he is not switching side. Even Sengoku expected Crocodile to fight against Whitebeard only.

I meant the word "jealous" part. It could be just a translation issue.
I just wondered why he would be jealous over that Crocodile "joins" Whitebeard.

hamad138
December 02, 2009, 09:00 AM
Woa Nice.

The wall is now behind XD

Nice Tactic, to throw the ship over the wall xD

COme On Whitebeard destroy Marine HQ

urlaub
December 02, 2009, 09:32 AM
Did someone claim that division captains ain't ffighting admirals?
Common, what else then? Marco vs aokiji, Jozu vs Akainu? It's that simple. The admirals are gods, but who else is gonna fight them? Is this pairing taking away something from the gods?

frontaLobotomy
December 02, 2009, 09:51 AM
Interesting spoiler, to say the least. It's about time Sengoku started getting his hands dirty. I'm willing to wager that goat of his will have eaten a Devil Fruit of some sort.
I had a feeling Crocodile was going to do something like what he did. Not because he wants to help WB though, I think WB would take it as a humiliation that someone who wants to kill him will spare his 'son' first. That's a pretty badass thing to do.
Will Garp be the one that fights Luffy? I guess if Sengoku issues the order then that's that. They're going to need to double team Whitebeard if the Marines stand no chance, and his commanders stand toe to toe with Admirals. Either way, it's gonna be huge.

Akainu
December 02, 2009, 10:03 AM
Did someone claim that division captains ain't ffighting admirals?
Common, what else then? Marco vs aokiji, Jozu vs Akainu? It's that simple. The admirals are gods, but who else is gonna fight them? Is this pairing taking away something from the gods?
The funny part is that now that they are at the plaza and all the marines turn away from Ace, the only thing they should have to do is keep the admirals (including Garp, Sengoku and probably some other VA) in check so that Luffy can go up and free Ace;
or in short: they don't have to 'win'

ClinoJustu
December 02, 2009, 10:08 AM
Oh finally sengoku is going to show us what he can do:amuse
:ohI wasn't expect that ace will be executed in this chapter.
(The images's links don't work:s , i want to watch the cover and the color page bigger :darn)
Damn, luffy be saved by marco, so what can he do now in this war ? What challenger will he fight?:(

urlaub
December 02, 2009, 10:10 AM
I agree; but there seems to me that people were like: don't tell me division captains are taking on the admirals?
I mean, what is the surprise here? Was there ever doubt that Marco is somewhere near the admiral level? Cosh, he has kicked two of them away already and he even hasn't woken up yet.

d3death
December 02, 2009, 10:18 AM
(The images's links don't work:s , i want to watch the cover and the color page bigger :darn)

try http://mangahelpers.com/downloads/details/64597

chess4
December 02, 2009, 10:23 AM
seems like the ole boy garp is about to get loose

ClinoJustu
December 02, 2009, 10:30 AM
try http://mangahelpers.com/downloads/details/64597
Thank you very much !:)

(sorry i don't know how to quote twice:p )
Quote Akainu : "or in short they have to win"
I think they have to win , they have to escape from here too , the marines won't let them leave once ace is get back

dacookester
December 02, 2009, 10:34 AM
i think its cool how oda has now pointed out who the strongest marines are by having only about 100 left standing after wbs attack

elitefox
December 02, 2009, 10:36 AM
Oh finally sengoku is going to show us what he can do:amuse
:ohI wasn't expect that ace will be executed in this chapter.
Damn, luffy be saved by marco, so what can he do now in this war ? What challenger will he fight?:(

he can't par with anyone higher than VA but he still goes on and on..

somewhat an inspiration to everyone to believe they can save ace no matter what animal (monkey or dog) in the way:D

Akainu
December 02, 2009, 10:38 AM
Thank you very much !:)

(sorry i don't know how to quote twice:p )
Quote Akainu : "or in short they have to win"
I think they have to win , they have to escape from here too , the marines won't let them leave once ace is get back
use the multi-quote function or the "[quote]" tags :)

about the division captains, as I wrote I bleieve they do not have to win their fights against the admirals.
If they had to win the fights first to get to Ace and flee it would take too long imo. So while they are fighting Luffy should free Ace and while they still are fighting they could still retreat, no? otherwise everything from them winning their battles would be pretty lame and there'd be no sacrifice left to make

ScratchmenApoo
December 02, 2009, 10:40 AM
Vice Admirals, Admirals, less-ranked major characters (coby, smoker etc.) and Sengoku will be the only ones left then ?

I assume there are a lot of New World captains left too besides Whitebeard's division commanders. Also Impel Down prisoners... And soon (hopefully) the Supernovae as well.

But I guess in the next chapter, we will finally understand, IF and what kind of Devil Fruit Garp/Sengoku might have. Clarifying those would really help out.

elitefox
December 02, 2009, 10:43 AM
Vice Admirals, Admirals, less-ranked major characters (coby, smoker etc.) and Sengoku will be the only ones left then ?

I assume there are a lot of New World captains left too besides Whitebeard's division commanders. Also Impel Down prisoners... And soon (hopefully) the Supernovae as well.

But I guess in the next chapter, we will finally understand, IF and what kind of Devil Fruit Garp/Sengoku might have. Clarifying those would really help out.

I think if they do have DF it would be bad ass :D

dacookester
December 02, 2009, 10:47 AM
i will be very annoyed if garp or sengoku have df mihawk jenbie and shanks seem to be the only strong characters without them

Yoker66666
December 02, 2009, 10:48 AM
I like this chapter , but is the same , luffy needs use a bit of haki..

Moogle Mango
December 02, 2009, 10:48 AM
Garp and Sengoku not having DF and still being powerhouses would be even more badass! Looks like these two are going to team up against another legend.

1. Shiki in zero chapter and now Whitebeard!

ClinoJustu
December 02, 2009, 10:55 AM
So while they are fighting Luffy should free Ace and while they still are fighting they could still retreat, no?

Maybe not , but i didn't see the new black mobidick so i have a better idea that how they can escape:p

chess4
December 02, 2009, 10:59 AM
garp may only be a vice admiral but he gets respect like a fleet admiral.....

dacookester
December 02, 2009, 11:02 AM
i just noticed theres gonna be three new schibukai after this war maybe some of the supernovae will step up

urlaub
December 02, 2009, 11:18 AM
Well if you ask me Sengoku's fruit is certainly afro based.

I think Kid and Law wouldn't become schishibukais. Maybe Hawkins? Maybe some other cool dude from the new world. You never know who is hanging around there.

All the vice captains together in one picture, you just have to think that so few of them use devil fruits. At least this far! A really nice band of pirates. Argh! Still miss the pat and the pudel guy though. Thought they would be too division captains. I hoped the one looking like a citizen from skypea and who was only partially on the picture would have some air-time too.

ScratchmenApoo
December 02, 2009, 11:31 AM
I think that the Shichibukai as a group will stop existing - Because in this war it has been proven that taking pirates under their command is a real hassle (Jimbei, Hancock, Crocodile all revolting, Kuma made into a mindless cyborg, + who knows if some of the remaining might leave too)

And Garp is certainly very strong, turning down promotions.. Maybe he likes being a Vice-Admiral - maybe it gives him more freedom.

urlaub
December 02, 2009, 11:37 AM
Well why not? The balance of power is shifting anyhow. Why not let the shichibukai lose. I mean, Moria is weak anyway, Flamingo has his own sceme and plans--he woun't be shichibukai for long. Well Mihawk could remain and Kuma too. But it is a institution that has suffered a lot. Whi knows what will hapen to them.

obamamania
December 02, 2009, 11:38 AM
Wow, I really get the feeling that Garp and Sengoku are the strongest, possibly stronger than the admirals. Garp is admiral level but refuses to advance, so we know he's capable, but I have I think a Garp/Sengoku fighting combo is going to be something fearsome that will even make Whitebeard nervous. They did defeat Gold Leo or w/e his name was, and that guy was top tier.

Junior
December 02, 2009, 11:40 AM
Just read part of the spoilers..and I was amazed at the part when Luffy goes Gear 2nd and Kizaru replies: "you're too slow".

Wtf.

I know Kizaru is made of light and Luffy can't move anywhere close to the speed of light..but...

I never thought I'd see someone say "You're too slow" in response to Luffy after he starts up Gear 2nd. Wow.

obamamania
December 02, 2009, 11:44 AM
You never thought that a lightman who is an admiral would say Luffy is too slow? =p Luffy is strong but he's not there yet.

Junior
December 02, 2009, 11:49 AM
You never thought that a lightman who is an admiral would say Luffy is too slow? =p Luffy is strong but he's not there yet.

Hit the thanks button on accident. Meant to hit quote.

Ah well.

I know a LIGHTMAN would be faster than Luffy. That's not my issue.

The dialogue transpired just surprised:

Luffy: Gear 2!!
Kizaru: You're too slow.....
Luffy: Argh!!!

That was a head scratcher for me.

obamamania
December 02, 2009, 11:56 AM
You can remove thanks btw =p And I get what you mean though, but what makes it work here is that this war is not about Luffy and Luffy is not meant to defeat admirals here. He might have king's haki, but it's not like some inner demon that will magically give him skill, it's gotta be mastered. So basically Luffy being defeated at every turn is going to be the catalyst for him getting way way stronger after this war once he tries to fix what his current strength doesn't provide.

urlaub
December 02, 2009, 11:57 AM
I know how to you fight god? But then again Enel was also scary-fast. And he got beaten to a pulp. So it's not possible.

Is your development quicker the more you get beaten and the more you therefore develop your skills. So you are getting stronger faster by compulsion. That means Luffy just needs to face powerhouses and then get stronger by surviving and improving. This way he can get to the admiral level more quickly than other supernovas, who some are probably been beaten once bby an admiral and other maybe once by some other great force.

Hence: Luffy needs couple of years to take on an admiral.

Well he made the step of rapidly changing gears without preparation and side effects it seems. So half of the step is taken. What is the next step in gomu gomu department, not in haki, because I think this comes itself.

jamjamstyle
December 02, 2009, 12:10 PM
I think that the Shichibukai as a group will stop existing - Because in this war it has been proven that taking pirates under their command is a real hassle (Jimbei, Hancock, Crocodile all revolting, Kuma made into a mindless cyborg, + who knows if some of the remaining might leave too)

Breaking the contract with the Shichibukai's is like digging your own grave. You should at least consider the situation the Marines are dealing with:

- They've lost considerable amounts of manpower and suffered huge losses.
- They'll need to keep relying on strong forces like the Shichibukai because there's always people luring who can stab Marine HQ from the back, now or in the very near future like Dragon or 1 of the 3 remaining Yonkou's. Thus, currently they are not in position to complain about whether Shichibukai are needed or not. They only need people who can stand a chance against these forces.
- It's explained that a short time before the war started that New-world pirates suddenly are starting to move, so there's something going on in the New world which is absolutely a bad sign for the Marines.

Lol they have so much problems that creating one of the 3 great forces in the world as your enemy will be absolutely out of question in their case.

anime-addict
December 02, 2009, 12:11 PM
well well, this chapter gave me a chills .. wooow

finally I'm watching true whitebeard crew ..

a great kick from marco .. bye bye aokiji

Black Lagoon
December 02, 2009, 01:58 PM
about the division captains, as I wrote I bleieve they do not have to win their fights against the admirals.
If they had to win the fights first to get to Ace and flee it would take too long imo. So while they are fighting Luffy should free Ace and while they still are fighting they could still retreat, no? otherwise everything from them winning their battles would be pretty lame and there'd be no sacrifice left to make

the marines are literally screwed, as you say the division captains can hold the 3 admirals and the Shichibukais (Mihawk and Moria), Croco keeps Dofla away, So Luffy can take Ace and leaves.
Wait a second, What happened to the PX army? :blink they can not swim or what :fan

scrooge
December 02, 2009, 02:24 PM
sry to change the subject, but doesn't everyone hate the fact that Luffy's role in the recent episodes wasn't as impressive as I would've hoped..
all the credit is going to everyone else, but not so much to him..
I thought by now he would've used the Haki of something..
when I saw the Croco saving Ace, I thought it was Luffy's haki :(

ClinoJustu
December 02, 2009, 02:41 PM
I agree with you . I expect Luffy will be more impressive than he is now...
But I think in few chapter there will be a final battle where he'll be the best :) I Hope , he can't stay like that and be "take down" (smoker,kizaru then aokiji now:s

Lord Rayleigh
December 02, 2009, 02:45 PM
The Spoiler Pics and Summaries should go into the Spoiler Archive. The chapter in english is out : here (http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/566-5/4)
Anyway, this chapter confirms Aka Inu is a logia.

sarutobi_sensei
December 02, 2009, 02:48 PM
DAMN this is what you can call epic!

Crazy chapter, Sengoku's finally going to fight! zomg!

I'm having goosebumps from this! Chills go down my spine, omg.

Where's Hancock? Where's that stupid Squardo? And where's more backup?????

pirateninjahunter
December 02, 2009, 02:51 PM
Luffy is a bit too weak to show off right now. But at least he is doing something. Each second that he keeps the admirals ocupied is good. Maybe the reason why crocodile was able to save ace was because Luffy kept the admirals busy.

Marco is so strong, we know now that he is admiral level. Maybe eve a little bit stronger than an admiral.

Zatono
December 02, 2009, 02:53 PM
Wow, Sengoku and Garp are gonna fight now? Uh oh. Looks like it's time to see how strong they really are, and after Chapter 0, it's giving me high expectations. This really isn't fair for WB, he's totally out powered here. If he realizes that he's going to lose soon, he should just destroy the world like Sengoku said he could, and then laugh at the marines.

Navid.
December 02, 2009, 03:02 PM
sry to change the subject, but doesn't everyone hate the fact that Luffy's role in the recent episodes wasn't as impressive as I would've hoped..
No, I love the fact that One Piece isn't like the other two Shounen's where the main character need to be able to hold his own in every fight.

This battle has been built up as being completely out of Luffy's league from the get go... So its no surprise to see him not be the number one threat.

The last thing I want is for Luffy to magically be able to go toe to toe with the people at the front line of this war, as that would only diminish all the other characters on display at the moment.

Lord Rayleigh
December 02, 2009, 03:06 PM
This chapter is INCREDIBLE ! AWESOME EPICNESS.
And it's high time for the two champions of the marine to get out of their seat and to shine : Garp and Sengoku are going to charge !

Black Lagoon
December 02, 2009, 03:06 PM
Luffy is a bit too weak to show off right now. But at least he is doing something. Each second that he keeps the admirals ocupied is good. Maybe the reason why crocodile was able to save ace was because Luffy kept the admirals busy.

Marco is so strong, we know now that he is admiral level. Maybe eve a little bit stronger than an admiral.

He's the plan C right now, the others will keep the admirals/Shichibukais occupied while he's getting Ace out of there. :noworry

chess4
December 02, 2009, 03:14 PM
since sengoku and garp will leave the platform, luffy will have a clear path to get to ace.

the last page with WB and his commanders is the best.

Black Lagoon
December 02, 2009, 03:15 PM

I thought that too :facepalm, however, don't put even more pressure one Luffy and expect too much from him, he has done great till now, this is just the beginning ... IMO we shouldn't call him a supernova (if we are talking about strength) from now on. ^_^
As I've said many times before, and I'll keep saying it over and over, This Isn't Bleach

Roarchu
December 02, 2009, 03:23 PM
So Garp really is stronger than the admirals

haha I knew it

and i'm glad Sengoku wasn't the only one with clever plans...Whitebeard!!!!!!!!!

the trump card may have something to do with ...ehhh... something they have placed/located just under the MarineHeadQuarter (look at this (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/551/15/) and this (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/551/16-17/))

you were right!

Black Lagoon
December 02, 2009, 03:24 PM
This chapter is INCREDIBLE ! AWESOME EPICNESS.
And it's high time for the two champions of the marine to get out of their seat and to shine : Garp and Sengoku are going to charge !

I'm so exited :nuts they will revive a battle they had 22 years Ago

:eek Garp wtf is he gonna do? he seems like the trump card of Sengoku :jawdrop

:omg Whitebeard vs Sengoku & Garp in a battle like the clash they had with Shiki. EPIC :shakefist

xstationcubed
December 02, 2009, 03:24 PM
agreed. Luffy doesn't need to be the strongest character in the universe right now. we all know its coming, but the journey getting there is what this story is all about, and to skip that and go straight to the conclusion would ruin everything.

AiddonValentine
December 02, 2009, 03:48 PM
eh, I'm not really all that interested in the old farts anymore; seems Oda has saturated the past few chapters with a few too many power reveals. I'd rather he hurry this arc to the climax already.

ScratchmenApoo
December 02, 2009, 03:54 PM
Just read the translated chapter and I had the chance to read it with wide-screen (I wish I always had that!)
So incredible.. The double-pages were so epic...
And it has hyped up the next chapter so much.. I can't wait... !

ascalon
December 02, 2009, 04:01 PM
I wish you guys wouldn't remove the spoilers to knee jerk fast. Where is the translated chapter? Don't see it on onemanga.

jabjal
December 02, 2009, 04:07 PM
its on mangastream.com which is looking to dethrone one manga from what i see

Black Lagoon
December 02, 2009, 04:08 PM
you were right!

thanks :), Probably after the end of this crazy war, Ace will apologize to everyone and Luffy will remind him the promise they've made in the past ... the one you have as a sig. :)

jabjal
December 02, 2009, 04:09 PM
Also have to say Naruto is by far my favourite shonen jump series but this chapter is one of the best chapters I have ever read between the mighty 3(bleach, naruto, OP) the last couple of months.

the epicness of this chapter is bordering on tengen toppa levels end fanboyism

DARK
December 02, 2009, 04:14 PM
I wish you guys wouldn't remove the spoilers to knee jerk fast. Where is the translated chapter? Don't see it on onemanga.

Mangastream has been consistent, uploading these translated chapters faster than Onemanga ever could.
Anyways, good chapter. It just got 100% better with the translation. Just so much epicness on these 15 pages.

OunknownO
December 02, 2009, 04:21 PM
Old timers fight will be in next chapter XD

SenninSage
December 02, 2009, 04:25 PM
Holy crap, truly awesome chapter. Garp and Sengoku are going to make their move!

It seems that Garp truly may be more poweful than the other Admirals. He was simply turning down promotions to Admiral :D

NoLimit89
December 02, 2009, 04:40 PM
I kinda wish for Luffy to play a bigger part in this war.

anyways

2 damn hell good pages:

http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/566-5/14
http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/566-5/15

jamjamstyle
December 02, 2009, 04:40 PM
I wonder if Crocodile saved Ace's ass because of the low trick the marines used to take down Whitebeard. It seems like they angered him somehow...

pirateninjahunter
December 02, 2009, 04:41 PM
IMO the fact that Sengoku and Garp are going to participate in this war does not mean that WB will lose. In OP strong world, we saw shikki fight sengoku and garp for a long time before he was defeated. A long time is enough for the whitebeard crew to defeat the big players from the WG side. Afterwards they can help WB defeating sengoku and garp. And that is only if Garp really helps sengoku, I would not be so sure about it.

No, I love the fact that One Piece isn't like the other two Shounen's where the main character need to be able to hold his own in every fight.

This battle has been built up as being completely out of Luffy's league from the get go... So its no surprise to see him not be the number one threat.

The last thing I want is for Luffy to magically be able to go toe to toe with the people at the front line of this war, as that would only diminish all the other characters on display at the moment.

I completely agree with you Navid!
I would hate to see Luffy being able to fight equaly against the admirals. If it were like fairy tail, luffy would already have defeated the three admirals and sengoku! I love One Piece, the reason is because i like the way Oda draws the power hierarchy, among other things.

Wowzers
December 02, 2009, 04:44 PM
I was so happy reading the spoilers last night. I went to bed and when I got up they were now fake. Maybe now is the bad dream? I guess not. It's not that reality isn't good, its just the fake was too good. :pwned

pirateninjahunter
December 02, 2009, 04:47 PM
I was so happy reading the spoilers last night. I went to bed and when I got up they were now fake. Maybe now is the bad dream? I guess not. It's not that reality isn't good, its just the fake was too good. :pwned

Could you please tell me were those fakes are? If you sai it is so good, I will read it!

NoLimit89
December 02, 2009, 04:48 PM
I would hate to see Luffy being able to fight equaly against the admirals. If it were like fairy tail, luffy would already have defeated the three admirals and sengoku! I love One Piece, the reason is because i like the way Oda draws the power hierarchy, among other things.

I agree with the fact that Luffy shouldn't be able to match toe to toe with the Admirals, but I wish he would have had the ability to keep them occupied for awhile so the other players can rescue Ace, or failing that, the others can occupy the admirals long enough for Luffy to rescue Ace. I just want to see Luffy play a bigger part than a punching bag.

Lord Rayleigh
December 02, 2009, 04:48 PM
This chapters rocks. The fake spoiler is nothing in front of that.

DARK
December 02, 2009, 04:53 PM
I kinda wish for Luffy to play a bigger part in this war.

If Luffy took all of the spotlight in this battle, we would have not been able to know about the other characters (namely the WB Pirates). Luffy is only but one person; consider yourself lucky that he is the first one on the panel near Ace's execution spot. Whitebeard Pirates seem to have much more of a closer relationship to Ace than Luffy. That's why it's their battle moreso than it is Luffy's.

NoLimit89
December 02, 2009, 04:57 PM
If Luffy took all of the spotlight in this battle, we would have not been able to know about the other characters (namely the WB Pirates). Luffy is only but one person; consider yourself lucky that he is the first one on the panel near Ace's execution spot. Whitebeard Pirates seem to have much more of a closer relationship to Ace than Luffy. That's why it's their battle moreso than it is Luffy's.

Just because Luffy something significant, it doesn't mean that he takes the spotlight, nor does it mean that we couldn't know more about the other characters.

Gats
December 02, 2009, 04:57 PM
Incredible, this battle epicness is rising chapter by chapter.

Black Lagoon
December 02, 2009, 05:08 PM
The cover is a triple promotional image for the movie ^_^

Shiro-kun
December 02, 2009, 05:09 PM
The Admirals (including Sengoku) have yet to be defeated outright, but it really does seem that The Admirals are the main strength of the Marines ....although its over assuming to think they are since we only got to see only seen a minimal of how the Vice Admirals fight(only Giant Vice Admirals where the ones who got pwned by Whitebeard) and sometimes ranks mean absolutely nothing (like Garp in terms of raw power..).

But to think each Yonkou might have the sizable power as Whitebeard however , is actually quite overwhelming :blink no wonder why they are in control of the New World.

Maybe this is the reason why WG is so desperate to find Pluton and the super weapons?

Gats
December 02, 2009, 05:11 PM
The cover is a triple promotional image for the movie ^_^

I kinda like the alternative look of Robin.

edit : but Sanji is ridiculous with shorts.

DARK
December 02, 2009, 05:12 PM
Incredible, this battle epicness is rising chapter by chapter.

That's an understatement. :D

Truefan21
December 02, 2009, 05:19 PM
how the hell is oars able to move and swim with one leg and also lift up a ship thats impossible

DARK
December 02, 2009, 05:24 PM
how the hell is oars able to move and swim with one leg and also lift up a ship thats impossible

As long as Oars has the will to save Ace, he will ignore any physical harm/fatigue inflicted on his body. Determination = ability to exceed physical limitations. A common thing in shonen, really.

Gats
December 02, 2009, 05:28 PM

What if he is big enough to have foot in water ? One leg would be enough to stand. We've never seen him walking on the ground outside the sea during the battle if I remember well.

sarutobi_sensei
December 02, 2009, 05:29 PM
And he could be on his knees or something.

Let's not forget Oars is a Giant bigger @ least 2 times bigger than a normal Giant, so, it's probably "easy" for him to grab a ship and push it to the land.

bittman
December 02, 2009, 05:29 PM
Thank god the spoilers were a load of crap. No bleeding Kizaru, Whitebeard couldn't even take down vice-admirals with his halberd swing, the siege wall didn't fail completely, Oars-chan still did good stuff, division captain page looks nice, Kizaru did outrun Luffy, Aokoji did sort of block Marco, Garp didn't punch Luffy and isn't quitting and ultimately: Sengoku didn't lose his cool completely and face off against Jimbei and Iva like they're the real threats.

So forgive my earlier rant, I have changed my tune. However my tune was bad to begin with only because of the fake spoilers. Been a while since I've seen some, I should have had more faith Oda wouldn't do such terrible shit like that to me.

Black Lagoon
December 02, 2009, 05:35 PM
I kinda like the alternative look of Robin.

edit : but Sanji is ridiculous with shorts.

Yeah, you're right, although I don't care how they look like ... I'm anxious to see them again, I miss them :tem

Mr.Popo
December 02, 2009, 05:36 PM
Not in the slighest. Rather i'm quite happy with the current story and luffy's failure.

For every single chapter i hope that doesn't happen.

Now Garp is truly epic.
If he is stronger than the admirals i would expect him to fight before the admirals lift a finger, but instead he just observed together with Sengoku.
Sengoku must hold Garp in great respect, he even might see him as his equal.

The real war is about to begin NOW
As i said in the last chapter discussion, this war is a war between the old generation: WB on the one side and Sengoku/Garp on the other side.
Now finally the main characters of this war are facing each other.

I think this will be the last fight of both WB and Garp. Sengoku should leave the stage too, but i hope he will be an opponent for Robin in the future.

Gats
December 02, 2009, 05:39 PM
Fists of love + Afro style = epic win.

k-dom
December 02, 2009, 05:49 PM
Do we have a record of double spread here ?
Surely, Crocodile is becoming a more and more interesting fellow. It must be hard for Luffy to have seen his brother saved by him. I can't wait to see him fight with do flamingo
but the most important question is, where is Buggy ?

Black Lagoon
December 02, 2009, 06:01 PM
Fists of love + Afro style = epic win.

Garp fighting WhiteBeard alongside with Sengoku, IMO is a very smart move from him. let me elaborate :

He'll be useful for both sides, on the one hand, he'll save Sengoku's ass (alone against WB is insane -_-;),
on the other hand he'll leave Ace alone so anyone could take him.

dolgrimm
December 02, 2009, 06:12 PM

i know it's off topic, but i must know where the picture in your signature is from!?:tem

Bugzee
December 02, 2009, 06:25 PM
:dance What a chapter we have this week!!! WOW!!! It’s incredible!! :dance

:heartsRobin:hearts looks extra fine in that green and white! :hearts I love the way her hair looks and that smile…:hearts :hearts :hearts :XD

Hahaha Cowboy-Sanji lol :XD

Crocodile was real bad ass in this chapter! ‘Who said I was teaming up with anyone..’ hahaha sweeeet!!! :amuse Now I really want to see what Garp’s & Sengoku’s fighting abilities are like!

Zatono
December 02, 2009, 06:32 PM
I only hope that Croc doesn't lose to Flamingo. That would definitely be upsetting. Just grab him Croc! Drain him completely!

Bugzee
December 02, 2009, 06:36 PM
Haha it was funny to see Croc's head split and he was like 'eh?' lool! :XD

It seems now that WB will face off with Sengoku? and possibly Garp as well? I would love that to happen! So now Luffy is free for the moment to get to see Ace. I wonder whos going to be Kizaru's & Akainu's one to one opponents for real this time round!!! Marco Vs Aokiji is a defo now imo.

Lee-tyme7
December 02, 2009, 06:50 PM
Whitebeard Pirates seem to have much more of a closer relationship to Ace than Luffy. That's why it's their battle moreso than it is Luffy's.

Luffy is Ace younger blood brother he has a much more closer & longer relationship to Ace than any of the WB pirates. What kind of brother would he be if he let them kill Ace, this is his war too.

kai_yondaime
December 02, 2009, 07:03 PM
Do we have a record of double spread here ?
Surely, Crocodile is becoming a more and more interesting fellow. It must be hard for Luffy to have seen his brother saved by him. I can't wait to see him fight with do flamingo
but the most important question is, where is Buggy ?

i thought he was frozen by akoiji when he stopped the last transmission

street_san
December 02, 2009, 07:04 PM
Luffy is Ace younger blood brother he has a much more closer & longer relationship to Ace than any of the WB pirates. What kind of brother would he be if he let them kill Ace, this is his war too.

.....http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/550/18-19/
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/551/03/
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/552/02-03/

I don't know what else link I can give to show u that Ace and Luffy aren't blood relative

Shiro-kun
December 02, 2009, 07:13 PM
Luffy and Ace arent blood related,
but they are adopted brothers through claim and being raised together for some time.

Razh
December 02, 2009, 07:18 PM
.....http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/550/18-19/
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/551/03/
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/552/02-03/

I don't know what else link I can give to show u that Ace and Luffy aren't blood relative

I think he meant this - http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/558/12/

They are brothers, if not strictly by blood.
[hr]

i thought he was frozen by akoiji when he stopped the last transmission

He's probably unfrozen now. It's probably just a matter of time before he's seen again.

Shiro-kun
December 02, 2009, 07:24 PM
From what we saw from Luffy and Nico Robins being frozen by Aokiji ...i dont think Buggy will be back in a jiffy :o

Unless Akainu did defrost him when he was throwing meteorites at everyone to point that it didnt kill him (..the heat would of melted him if it was direct though ) .. and that he still had conciousness or something like that.

elitefox
December 02, 2009, 07:45 PM
The Admirals (including Sengoku) have yet to be defeated outright, but it really does seem that The Admirals are the main strength of the Marines ....although its over assuming to think they are since we only got to see only seen a minimal of how the Vice Admirals fight(only Giant Vice Admirals where the ones who got pwned by Whitebeard) and sometimes ranks mean absolutely nothing (like Garp in terms of raw power..).

But to think each Yonkou might have the sizable power as Whitebeard however , is actually quite overwhelming :blink no wonder why they are in control of the New World.

Maybe this is the reason why WG is so desperate to find Pluton and the super weapons?

Yonkous are equal in power, one can head on with WG but they will not cooperate with each other.

Think of it as they are 4 different governments. and WG as another government.:oh

tothx
December 02, 2009, 07:51 PM
For all those whining about Luffy not playing enough of a role, Luffy will be the one that saves Ace. (And thereby beats Whitebeard to it! We "KNOW" this because he's the one with the key. Muhahahahaha) and he will show off his massive haki to the world showing even greater potencial then previously anticipated (by the marines and other pirates) and then his threat level might go up again..

Anyone reasoning thru this arc with logic would've come to this conclusion allready in the first chapters of the arc. Because filling the role of unlocking the cuffs and showing off his haki is the only role Luffy could possibly have, this arc is all about showing off Luffy infront of the bigshots of the new world. Which means he'll be in trouble

Bugzee
December 02, 2009, 07:55 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing Luffy free Ace on the platform by using his haki. If he doesn't it would still be awesome if he actually does show his haki on that platform *hoping the den den visuals re-connect as well :XD*.

I hope we see more of Mihawk!! Dammit i want more sword clashes with Vista! haha Aokiji got owned with that kick! hahaha he'll come back though!

kai_yondaime
December 02, 2009, 07:56 PM
I think he meant this - http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/558/12/

They are brothers, if not strictly by blood.
<hr noshade size="1">

He's probably unfrozen now. It's probably just a matter of time before he's seen again.

i dont see that happening without any one else helping him...besides the joke time is over now and serious fighting is abt to begin so i dont want buggy to b there anyway who is a spineless chicken

DARK
December 02, 2009, 07:57 PM
Garp fighting WhiteBeard alongside with Sengoku, IMO is a very smart move from him. let me elaborate :

He'll be useful for both sides, on the one hand, he'll save Sengoku's ass (alone against WB is insane -_-;),
on the other hand he'll leave Ace alone so anyone could take him.

I don't know. Garp/Sengoku had proven themselves to be extaordinarily powerful when they fought Shiki. Their battle DID destroy half of Marineford.
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/565.5/13/
I'm not saying Whitebeard should be underestimated, but we should give these two more of a chance before dismissing that they will lose instantly.

HikaruYami
December 02, 2009, 08:09 PM
Sengoku had an AFRO.

AFROs mean you're REALLY STRONG. (just ask Luffy, Usopp, and Matsushiro Ken)

Sengoku was REALLY STRONG.

Sengoku is probably still REALLY STRONG, since for whatever reason, no matter how old you get, your strength doesn't really decrease, ever.

Bugzee
December 02, 2009, 08:11 PM
I hope WB (baring his injury) owns at least Sengoku ! Its unfair if WB falls now dammit! :shakefist BB really is waiting for the pinnacle moment to enter this war when both sides are completely exhausted!

1000th post wahoooooo :XD

Shiro-kun
December 02, 2009, 08:12 PM
Sengoku still probably has that afro under his hat xD

HikaruYami
December 02, 2009, 08:16 PM
For all those whining about Luffy not playing enough of a role, Luffy will be the one that saves Ace. (And thereby beats Whitebeard to it! We "KNOW" this because he's the one with the key. Muhahahahaha) and he will show off his massive haki to the world showing even greater potencial then previously anticipated (by the marines and other pirates) and then his threat level might go up again..

Uhm, I haven't been here often recently, so I don't know how big my faction is, but I am of the faction that believes that bounties will be nearly irrelevant after this point. So what do you mean by threat level? If this cataclysmic battle brings about another new era such that the "world setting" that the 2nd half of the manga will take place in is completely warped, such that the marines are completely disorganized, the WG now relies on other forces to handle their business, the revolutionaries are beginning to make their move all across the world, etc., then I don't know what kind of "threat level" will even exist =.="

Bugzee
December 02, 2009, 08:34 PM
If Sengoku still has a fro underneath that cap of his, I can't wait to see what Luffy thinks of it! hahaha :XD

I really don't want Garp to die in this war, his one of my favourite characters! The one that deserves to go down is that baka Sengoku!!!!!!

Iffy
December 02, 2009, 08:37 PM
With concern to the key, one of four things could happen imo. One, Luffy uses them to free Ace (and he starts kicking @$$ and taking names). Two, the key gets thrown by Luffy to some other person. Third, the key is destroyed. Four, the key is taken by an enemy.

Also, I find that the double pages are more and more amazing every time they're used. I'm actually looking forward to them than the single pages....

elitefox
December 02, 2009, 09:00 PM
With concern to the key, one of four things could happen imo. One, Luffy uses them to free Ace (and he starts kicking @$$ and taking names). Two, the key gets thrown by Luffy to some other person. Third, the key is destroyed. Four, the key is taken by an enemy.

Also, I find that the double pages are more and more amazing every time they're used. I'm actually looking forward to them than the single pages....

I don't think it will get lost lol, in a mugiwara which he even hid a piece of paper lol

xstationcubed
December 02, 2009, 09:10 PM
argh, tired of everyone talking about how Luffy must show off in front of the big leaguers. There is absolutely no concrete reason why he must show off his massive haki in this battle. I'm not saying that it can't, but there is absolutely no reason why it must, just as there was absolutely no reason why he must have beaten Magellan in Impel Down. He is not the only one fighting this war, and he's certainly not nearly the strongest, and odds are, his haki isn't that impressive compared to those around him. Yes, he has the haki with the most potential as I understand it, but its not worth jack if he can't control it, an area where many members of WB's crew probably trump him and then some. Know what I wanna know about? the Gate of Justice. and who opened it. That's what's on my mind right now. also on my mind is whether the supernovas will try to get in on the battle, something that would be infinitely cool in my mind.

Iffy
December 02, 2009, 09:13 PM
I don't think it will get lost lol, in a mugiwara which he even hid a piece of paper lol

Well, ya never know. He could lose his hat in a battle (which HAS happened before). And, if someone decides to slice at it, then it could get damaged/destroyed.

Just putting the options out there really....I, for one, am hoping that Luffy or Crocodile helps Ace out of his handcuffs. Although, now that the two guards and swords aren't at his neck and the other two guys are about to fight, there's not much stopping Ace from GOING to someone.

Vibezp
December 02, 2009, 09:29 PM
Squardo is missing. He may be the one to free Ace.

Poneglyph420
December 02, 2009, 09:58 PM
If Luffy's point up til now is to get to Ace it would be out of character for him to stop now. Luffy without a doubt will find a way to get to Ace, just not sure how... But most likely with support from Wb and crew, Croc (WOW!) and Jimbei and Iva..
So he might face resistance but Luffy at this point has the chance to make it to Ace IMO. Meanwhile the grandest battle in O.P. will take place. Luffy will be known for helping save Ace (If they can..) but he's not going to suddenly "power up".

Luffy is a side note at best in the scope of this war.

I'm beyond psyched to see Croc and Doflamingo duke it out!
OMG! the next month is gonna be awesome!

Dragon Slayer
December 02, 2009, 10:46 PM

yes nice thinking.....
whether he will save ACE or not we shall c but one thing is for sure he will paly a big role in this war now

madmotoristmonk
December 02, 2009, 11:55 PM
so akainu is a logia huh? i love how all the admirals felt 0% threat from luffy and didn't even bother reacting to his jet stamp attack

i understand bittmans frustration about the admirals having to suffer what we refer to in the bizz as the "worf effect" (google it) idk what oda has planned insofar as the conclusion of this war anymore, but he def looses points for handing the "idiot ball" to Sengoku. Dude shoulda killed Ace then and there.

Whitebeard's quake powered bisento slash looked like something outta dynasty warriors, back when it was awesome.

BUT I SWEAR TO GOD, IF BOA F*&#!)$G HANCOCK STARTS FIGHTING ON PAR WITH ANY OF THE ADMIRALS....:mad

i'd apologize for that outburst, but i seriously hate her character with the utmost passion, if you ppl could only see my eyebrows furrowing

Kanzen Shinkiro
December 03, 2009, 12:09 AM
One Piece - Chapter 567: The Last Stand! Seen that mere foot soldiers cannot withstand the full might of the Whitebeard Pirates and allies, Fleet Admiral Sengoku and Vice-Admiral Garp prepare to leap into the fray. Watching the chaos unfold from above, Garp looks on as he tells Ace the reason why he wished for his grandchildren to becomes marines. Garp explains he wanted Luffy and Ace to be marines in order to escape a similar fate as chosen by their respective fathers, Roger, and Garp's own son, Dragon. Garp explains that in spite of his greatest efforts he always feared the inevitable, but remained optimist. With that said, Garp informs Sengoku that this is his farewell battle for the Marines as they throw their coats to the wind and Ace apologizes to Garp for causing him grief. Down below, Whitebeard is confronted by the three Admirals. Akainu proclaims the arrest and execution of all pirates herein in the name of Justice. Whitebeard laughs at Akainu's pretensions as the three Admirals unleash an unified assault. Whitebeard watches on ominously as Jozu and Marco parry the attack. Whitebeard orders the young to stand aside as it is now time for the real war to begin as Marco and Jozu forcefully push aside the Admirals and Sengoku alongside Garp stand before Whitebear. Next... The Greatest Story Ever Told!

One Piece - Chapter 568: The Greatest Story Ever Told! Facing off against Garp and Sengoku, Whitebeard reminisces about the past and his first clash against the two. Proclaiming this their last meeting, Whitebeard readies his halberd. Sengoku and Garp charge. Upon contact, all remaining fighters, pirates and marines alike, stop to look in awe as the very heavens are split by the amazing might of the three men in combat. Kizaru remarks that Whitebeard has done it now while Akainu says the battle will end with Justice victorious. Aokiji looks on quietly. However, before either can react, Jozu and Marco unleash a combined attack which the three parry. Akainu orders the other two Admirals to put an end to this childish quarrel to which Kizaru responds Aokiji is not his superior. Aokiji complains that Akainu is too bossy when he gets heated up, neglecting the chain of command. Luffy is looking on as he realizes Garp is now directly involved in the war effort as Boa takes his side. Boa asks Luffy if he is alright as his body seems to be at the brink. Luffy is unresponsive. As the shock of the clash between Whitebeard, Garp and Sengoku finally sinks in, all other battles resume, and are shown from Luffy's perspective who acknowledges everyone's effort. Thanking them, Luffy turns to the execution platform, meeting Ace's eyes as Whitebeard's voice is heard in the background telling Luffy to rescue his brother. Hancock looks on as Luffy leaps onto the platform Next... Renewed Hope!

One Piece - Chapter 569: Renewed Hope! Luffy reaches the platform as Whitebeard parries a simultaneous attack from Garp and Sengoku, and informs Sengoku that in spite of his careful scheming, all Whitebeard needed was for one of his man to reach Ace, and that along would be enough to free his son. With that said, Sengoku tells Garp he will hold off Luffy as granted this now directly involves his family, he should take care of it himself. Whitebeard tells Garp that his failure as a parent is the reason why Ace sought him out as a father, and asks if Garp will push himself to do what it takes to end the war, or cower behind the Sengoku. Garp and Sengoku push Whitebeard back as Sengoku steps between Garp and Whitebeard ordering Garp to go do his duty. Garp thanks Whitebeard and tells Sengoku he has changed his mind and leaps away as Sengoku orders Garp not to do anything regrettable. Garp smiles as he lands between Luffy and Ace. Smiling at Luffy, who prepares for the worst, Garp wishes his grand children good luck and telling Sengoku he is quitting, begins to walk away. Ace and Luffy are shocked. Whitebeard asks Sengoku what he will do now that his plans have all become studs. As Garp is walking away, Akainu lands before him in the form of a flaming meteor, and telling Garp that those who are not with Justice are against it, stabs him with a flaming saber.. Next... Breaking Point!

One Piece - Chapter 570: Breaking Point! Garp, Ace, Luffy, and Hancock's expressions turn to awe. Whitebeard, Kizaru, Aokiji, Marco and Jozu show grim expressions. Akainu withdraws the blade as Garp falls. The entire battle field become is left silent. Akainu says that in spite of all his accomplishments, Garp's desertion was the ultimate form of disrespect to Absolute Justice and as such, he must be equally punished by death. Before Akainu can react, Luffy is upon him, as anger seizes him and with a single blow, Akainu is sent flying into the building behind the platform as Aokiji shows surprise and Kizaru remarks that Luffy is scary like Dragon as Jozu and Marco attack the two. Luffy rushes to Garp's side who saying says he is alright and seats up. Akainu gets up from the rubble remarking that it is impossible that Luffy should be able to damage him as blood runs down his nose and mouth. Luffy looks immediately back up at Akainu and explains that he had nothing personal against him, but that for trying to kill his grandpa, he will now kill him. Akainu removes his hat saying that he will now proceed with the executions. Luffy lets go off Garp and prepares to battle announcing Gear Fourth. Next... Gear Fourth?!

ClinoJustu
December 03, 2009, 12:44 AM
One Piece - Chapter 567: The Last Stand! Seen that mere foot soldiers cannot withstand the full might of the Whitebeard Pirates and allies, Fleet Admiral Sengoku and Vice-Admiral Garp prepare to leap into the fray. Watching the chaos unfold from above, Garp looks on as he tells Ace the reason why he wished for his grandchildren to becomes marines. Garp explains he wanted Luffy and Ace to be marines in order to escape a similar fate as chosen by their respective fathers, Roger, and Garp's own son, Dragon. Garp explains that in spite of his greatest efforts he always feared the inevitable, but remained optimist. With that said, Garp informs Sengoku that this is his farewell battle for the Marines as they throw their coats to the wind and Ace apologizes to Garp for causing him grief. Down below, Whitebeard is confronted by the three Admirals. Akainu proclaims the arrest and execution of all pirates herein in the name of Justice. Whitebeard laughs at Akainu's pretensions as the three Admirals unleash an unified assault. Whitebeard watches on ominously as Jozu and Marco parry the attack. Whitebeard orders the young to stand aside as it is now time for the real war to begin as Marco and Jozu forcefully push aside the Admirals and Sengoku alongside Garp stand before Whitebear. Next... The Greatest Story Ever Told!

One Piece - Chapter 568: The Greatest Story Ever Told! Facing off against Garp and Sengoku, Whitebeard reminisces about the past and his first clash against the two. Proclaiming this their last meeting, Whitebeard readies his halberd. Sengoku and Garp charge. Upon contact, all remaining fighters, pirates and marines alike, stop to look in awe as the very heavens are split by the amazing might of the three men in combat. Kizaru remarks that Whitebeard has done it now while Akainu says the battle will end with Justice victorious. Aokiji looks on quietly. However, before either can react, Jozu and Marco unleash a combined attack which the three parry. Akainu orders the other two Admirals to put an end to this childish quarrel to which Kizaru responds Aokiji is not his superior. Aokiji complains that Akainu is too bossy when he gets heated up, neglecting the chain of command. Luffy is looking on as he realizes Garp is now directly involved in the war effort as Boa takes his side. Boa asks Luffy if he is alright as his body seems to be at the brink. Luffy is unresponsive. As the shock of the clash between Whitebeard, Garp and Sengoku finally sinks in, all other battles resume, and are shown from Luffy's perspective who acknowledges everyone's effort. Thanking them, Luffy turns to the execution platform, meeting Ace's eyes as Whitebeard's voice is heard in the background telling Luffy to rescue his brother. Hancock looks on as Luffy leaps onto the platform Next... Renewed Hope!

One Piece - Chapter 569: Renewed Hope! Luffy reaches the platform as Whitebeard parries a simultaneous attack from Garp and Sengoku, and informs Sengoku that in spite of his careful scheming, all Whitebeard needed was for one of his man to reach Ace, and that along would be enough to free his son. With that said, Sengoku tells Garp he will hold off Luffy as granted this now directly involves his family, he should take care of it himself. Whitebeard tells Garp that his failure as a parent is the reason why Ace sought him out as a father, and asks if Garp will push himself to do what it takes to end the war, or cower behind the Sengoku. Garp and Sengoku push Whitebeard back as Sengoku steps between Garp and Whitebeard ordering Garp to go do his duty. Garp thanks Whitebeard and tells Sengoku he has changed his mind and leaps away as Sengoku orders Garp not to do anything regrettable. Garp smiles as he lands between Luffy and Ace. Smiling at Luffy, who prepares for the worst, Garp wishes his grand children good luck and telling Sengoku he is quitting, begins to walk away. Ace and Luffy are shocked. Whitebeard asks Sengoku what he will do now that his plans have all become studs. As Garp is walking away, Akainu lands before him in the form of a flaming meteor, and telling Garp that those who are not with Justice are against it, stabs him with a flaming saber.. Next... Breaking Point!

One Piece - Chapter 570: Breaking Point! Garp, Ace, Luffy, and Hancock's expressions turn to awe. Whitebeard, Kizaru, Aokiji, Marco and Jozu show grim expressions. Akainu withdraws the blade as Garp falls. The entire battle field become is left silent. Akainu says that in spite of all his accomplishments, Garp's desertion was the ultimate form of disrespect to Absolute Justice and as such, he must be equally punished by death. Before Akainu can react, Luffy is upon him, as anger seizes him and with a single blow, Akainu is sent flying into the building behind the platform as Aokiji shows surprise and Kizaru remarks that Luffy is scary like Dragon as Jozu and Marco attack the two. Luffy rushes to Garp's side who saying says he is alright and seats up. Akainu gets up from the rubble remarking that it is impossible that Luffy should be able to damage him as blood runs down his nose and mouth. Luffy looks immediately back up at Akainu and explains that he had nothing personal against him, but that for trying to kill his grandpa, he will now kill him. Akainu removes his hat saying that he will now proceed with the executions. Luffy lets go off Garp and prepares to battle announcing Gear Fourth. Next... Gear Fourth?!

:blink Great !

bittman
December 03, 2009, 01:05 AM
No, terrible because he said Gear Fourth and based the next chapter off those terri-bad spoilers. Also has highlights of the chapters being admirals arguing with each other. Also has Garp as a pansy. PANSY GARP! NOT IN MY ONE PIECE!

Nice try though, I'll give you that. You at least grasped the idea of how things should progress even if you ignored 13 division captains and the Shichibukai.

Unfortunately you're also let down by thinking Luffy to be holding back Gear four. Why on earth would he hold back a new attack after being beaten up so much? He didn't invent 2 and 3 in the middle of battle, he just tried them for the first time in the middle of battle, and even used Blueno and a door as test runs.

Oh and finally: way too much Akainu for my liking. Akainu stabbing Garp yet not stabbing WB for instance.

Kanzen Shinkiro
December 03, 2009, 01:12 AM
No, terrible because he said Gear Fourth and based the next chapter off those terri-bad spoilers. Also has highlights of the chapters being admirals arguing with each other. Also has Garp as a pansy. PANSY GARP! NOT IN MY ONE PIECE!

Nice try though, I'll give you that. You at least grasped the idea of how things should progress even if you ignored 13 division captains and the Shichibukai.

Unfortunately you're also let down by thinking Luffy to be holding back Gear four. Why on earth would he hold back a new attack after being beaten up so much? He didn't invent 2 and 3 in the middle of battle, he just tried them for the first time in the middle of battle, and even used Blueno and a door as test runs.

Oh and finally: way too much Akainu for my liking. Akainu stabbing Garp yet not stabbing WB for instance.

I did draw inspiration from those so called fake spoilers, but I was having more fun than anything, really. Didn't really have much time to write anything original when I'm knee deep in late essays for my 20th Century Art course... All five of them... :tem But yeah, he's my reasoning for doing what I did: Firstly, Oda himself has barely really focused on the Shichibukai or Captains. Too much Akainu because we haven't really seen enough of him yet in comparison to Kizaru and Aokiji. And from how he's behaved so far, he would seem like the time to try and boss the other two Admirals, and uptight as he is, attack another Marine for desertion. Also, Garp isn't a pansy. He's just being human. I doubt any grandparent would let his own grandchildren be slaughtered lest he has something to say about it. But hey, at least I didn't make Garp free Ace! :p Additionally, Gear Fourth was the only way I thought too end my little saga on an epic note! Also, it wouldn't surprise me to see Luffy annihilate even an Admiral for hurting his family. Heck! Ever a Gear Zero is possible at this point! :blink

k-dom
December 03, 2009, 01:29 AM
i dont see that happening without any one else helping him...besides the joke time is over now and serious fighting is abt to begin so i dont want buggy to b there anyway who is a spineless chicken

are you reading the same manga as me ? Oda will never stops joke time.

also I'm really curious to know what happened between Garp and Aokiji. in chapter zero, they seemed really close too but a debt is something new if I'm not mistaken

Host Samurai
December 03, 2009, 02:02 AM

also I'm really curious to know what happened between Garp and Aokiji. in chapter zero, they seemed really close too but a debt is something new if I'm not mistaken

It's the second time that Aokiji mentioned that he owes Garp a favor.

You see... I owed your grandfather a "favor" once, years ago...
The reason I'm here is just to take a look at Nico Robin... and you.
And I think...
You ought to die now.

After reading chapter 0.. i assume that Garp declined a promotion again and made Kuzan an Admiral. ;)

Bugzee
December 03, 2009, 02:02 AM

Thats a thought! Imo Squardo will defintely aid in freeing Ace! I think he'll ultimately give it his all to try and prevent Ace from dying! If Sengoku does face off with WB, Squardo might throw himself infront of WB to repay the debt he owes from stabbing him!

When Aokiji was telling Luffy about this debt, it got me curious..did Garp encourage/recommend Aokiji to Sengoku for the admiral spot? Garp declined promotions that were offered to him, so I can see him suggesting to Sengoku (or whoever decides promotions) to hand it to Aokiji in a way.

Another idea/thought...back when Robin escaped from Ohara and Aokiji helped her in the end...maybe Garp in some way prevented Aokiji in getting in serious sh*t for letting Robin escape?? Well, its a bit farfetched but might as well still think about it. :p:)

Kanzen Shinkiro
December 03, 2009, 02:20 AM
Another idea/thought...back when Robin escaped from Ohara and Aokiji helped her in the end...maybe Garp in some way prevented Aokiji in getting in serious sh*t for letting Robin escape?? Well, its a bit farfetched but might as well still think about it. :p:)

That's visible granted Aokiji outright defied direct orders from the World Government to annihilate them all, and granted Akainu took it a step further by indiscriminately killing civilians, too; it would seem that the government would not overlook Aokiji's actions. And Garp being who he is, like Aokiji, an upholders of Moral Justice, I could see Garp intervening on behalf of Aokiji. Same goes for Garp's recommending Kuzan for Admiral-ship. Granted Garp refused promotion on various occasions as hinted in the manga, he was probably in a position to refer someone for the promotion his stead. Kuzan being both a loyal marine in junction with his morals and power would make a perfect choice. The same could not be said for Akainu or Kizaru, however, who don't seem to fit the role of beings anymore than acquaintances to Garp. I doubt that Garp really appreciates Akainu's fanatical ways, even though his being a close friend of Sengoku would seem that Garp would at least tolerate Akainu's ideology. As for Kizaru... he's just too weird.

zagorka
December 03, 2009, 02:44 AM
Just as I expected. Luffy would fail against the Admirals. And I'm glad too. It's too soon for Luffy to be going against them. Looks like the Admirals are going to go after Marco and Jozu. The rest of the SB will go after the other division captains, and Jinbei. And Whitebeard will have to deal with Garp and Sengoku. Who knows what the higher/older Vice Admirals will do. Looks like WB still has the disadvantage.

The Admirals, sure are quick to even escape Luffy's vision. I don't think that at this point he's even ready to battle against Vice Admirals. As you see, they also withstood Whitebeard's mighty swing of his staff/sword.

Can't wait to see Garp's and Sengoku's abilities.

Fox666
December 03, 2009, 03:22 AM
I predict Garp and Sengoku will be hand-to-hand combatants. There will come Hulk and The Thing hitting everybody!

Gol.D.Roger
December 03, 2009, 03:40 AM
This chapter was awesome of course... One Piece seems to get better each week... which seems impossible but is true. Oda is a genius.

The one thing that struck me as odd...

I think it was cool Croc ended up saving Ace... but does this mean Garp will just let him die? Or was Garp about to step in, but saw Croc doing something?

Garp made a promise to Gol.D.Roger.... Garp doesn't seem like the kind of man to break his word... especially with the pirate king. They both fought hard against each other but seemed to respect each other as well.

Then again... he does have his oath to the Marines... I wonder what comes first?

I know this seems IMPOSSIBLE, and there are lots of timeline issues with this... but I can't shake the feeling that Luffy is Gol.d.roger's son.. and that Ace is dragon's son... but were somehow switched in order to protect Gol.d.roger...

Not sure how this can be.. since Luffy is younger.. and was born long after Roger's death... but I'm hoping there is something in the world of OP that can explain this magical switch... I'm thinking Dandan holds the answers... this way Garp can sacrifice his own grandson (Ace) for justice and his oath to the marines... while keeping his promise with Gol.d.Roger...

Strange theory I know.. and I know a million holes can be poked in it.. but just have this weird gut feeling... there is more to Garp/Roger relationship and Ace/Luffy.

llamapie
December 03, 2009, 04:17 AM
So Garp was able to fight toe to toe with Roger which makes me think he is beyond the admirals. From what we've seen he is not an ability user so that will leave us with him being a master of Haki.

hdiuy
December 03, 2009, 04:32 AM
Nice chapter, we'll finally get to see Sengoku's ability. The Croc part was definetly badass to the max. While i do like the way Oda handles the fight in the war( not restricting the whole chapter to one fight ) i feel that the PXs and the Sentomaru parts were of a lackluster. We were shown brief scenes of the PXs in the previous chapters and how they were supposed to be a threat, i know they are part of the amazing strategy but there isn't much focus on the PX. And it makes me kinda feel as if the PXs aren't bothering the major pirates much.

Previously when Akainu melted the ice platform i thought that there would be some kind of major lost for the pirates but it somemore turned out that many of the major pirates that no problem with that . I wonder how WB and the other DF user survived Akainu's melting of the platform.

NoLimit89
December 03, 2009, 04:53 AM
This chapter was awesome of course... One Piece seems to get better each week... which seems impossible but is true. Oda is a genius.

The one thing that struck me as odd...

I think it was cool Croc ended up saving Ace... but does this mean Garp will just let him die? Or was Garp about to step in, but saw Croc doing something?

Garp made a promise to Gol.D.Roger.... Garp doesn't seem like the kind of man to break his word... especially with the pirate king. They both fought hard against each other but seemed to respect each other as well.

Then again... he does have his oath to the Marines... I wonder what comes first?

I know this seems IMPOSSIBLE, and there are lots of timeline issues with this... but I can't shake the feeling that Luffy is Gol.d.roger's son.. and that Ace is dragon's son... but were somehow switched in order to protect Gol.d.roger...

Not sure how this can be.. since Luffy is younger.. and was born long after Roger's death... but I'm hoping there is something in the world of OP that can explain this magical switch... I'm thinking Dandan holds the answers... this way Garp can sacrifice his own grandson (Ace) for justice and his oath to the marines... while keeping his promise with Gol.d.Roger...

Strange theory I know.. and I know a million holes can be poked in it.. but just have this weird gut feeling... there is more to Garp/Roger relationship and Ace/Luffy.

You know, this has crossed my mind NUMEROUS times but I keep thinking, nah, that'll never work because of the time differences. Seriously, how can anyone explain why in the earlier chapters, people kept commenting on how Luffy and Roger looked alike. Now if the will of D means that they all came from the same clan from the mysterious kingdom of Raftel during the blank century and are related, then I can understand that.

urlaub
December 03, 2009, 06:05 AM
I agree with hdiuy the two cliffhangers or two attacks of the marines were announced as some serious and final blow to the pirates. I remember, when everyone was saying that the pirates are pretty much finished after the pacifista attacked them. I turned out not to be a serious problem at all. And when Akainu let them feel the meteor shower the main pirates and also other small guns came out unarmed. I think everybody was just overestimating these forces, because they felt like these situations where these forces where shown were like really important cliffhangers or something. Especially the Akainu shower.

Now it is time to be touched in the face by some brutal hands.

Andonan
December 03, 2009, 06:45 AM
So for me now all the flasy tricks and strategies are out the window, all that is left is straight up one on one or major battles.
Future Breakdown of upcoming fights:
Marco vs Aikoji
Jozu vs Kizaru
Squado vs Akainu
WB vs Garp and Sengoku
VAs vs Other DC
Luffy all the while saving Ace (probably also fights Sentoumaru)
Doflo vs Croc
Kuma vs Iva
Boa (helping Luffy) or vs Smoker
And other fights

Then right when everyone is all tired and seriously bloodied up, then BB comes along. Now everyone keeps saying BB will kill WB and I think the same, but that hardley rocks the world imo. So what if...... he killed EVERYONE! Now ok I exaggerate. What if he killed, WB, Sengoku, Garp, Aokiji, Marco, ie completely wiping out the higher leveled moral marines and Wb and his top man leaving only Ace...... I think that would rock the world. Think of the consequences.

BB would probably be considered the strongest man alive. Someone like Akainu would be promoted to Fleet Admiral, completely changing how the MQ are run, and everyone would just be crazy scared. Just a thought, no clue how he could do it either, but you never know :).

yanni
December 03, 2009, 06:53 AM
whitebeard vs. garp & sengoku, i just hope the result won't be like what happened to Shiki the Golden Lion. the fight between doflamingo and crocodile looks very interesting. i'm still hoping that there will be a reinforcement(rayleigh, shanks or dragon) for the whitebeard pirates, i think it will make this war more very exciting. hate those three admirals!!!

urlaub
December 03, 2009, 07:14 AM
DoFlamingo has his plan and he wanted to recruit Croc in his team. Thats why I predict that there will be left 3 shichibukai at the end of the war--Kuma(whos future is uncertain), Mihawk and Moria(who is a weakling and I wish he gets finally trampled like a dog.)

I pair Jozu and Akainu and Kizaru vs Jinbeij and Ivankov. Altough probably Squardo will join up with Jozu.

Plus I'm really glad to see that the prediction that Inazuma opens a hole in the walls turned out to be wrong. Still I think she has some important role to play in the upcoming chapters. He has to cut something as a trump later on.
Luffy needs to seriously release something! He needs to whoop some ass. Am I the only one who is tired of him getting hit at every corner. It is inevitable, but I still kind of want him to not being a bunching bag. I wish he could make a statement or a surprise or something. The epic moment I wait shouldn't be lame guys. It should be like the usual epic moment, when he punched Hyena, or beat Krieg and Kuro, or releashed the kings haki or pushed the two houses appart and escaped the pre-Aqua Laguna in Water 7 etc.

LeaveSkyaMsg
December 03, 2009, 08:36 AM
Luffy needs to seriously release something! He needs to whoop some ass. Am I the only one who is tired of him getting hit at every corner. It is inevitable, but I still kind of want him to not being a bunching bag.

I think it's more or less to showcase how vast and how strong the rest of the one piece world is, I mean if luffy came into the fight and actually beat some of these top tier people of the new world I'd actually be annoyed/ disappointed to be honest. Also what sort of bothers me is the fact that no one has been/ seem be dead yet o_o (other then the marines akinu may or may not have killed?) I mean it's a war, who's ever heard of a war without causalities

zagorka
December 03, 2009, 08:37 AM
Luffy needs to seriously release something! He needs to whoop some ass. Am I the only one who is tired of him getting hit at every corner. It is inevitable, but I still kind of want him to not being a bunching bag. I wish he could make a statement or a surprise or something. The epic moment I wait shouldn't be lame guys. It should be like the usual epic moment, when he punched Hyena, or beat Krieg and Kuro, or releashed the kings haki or pushed the two houses appart and escaped the pre-Aqua Laguna in Water 7 etc.Eh, it's better this way. Luffy was told he was out of his league, and he's not magically going to become stronger right now. What's good is that he hasn't shown fear at all amongst those stronger than him. This war just shows how much growth is needed in Luffy and his crew, whom are arguably in the best location to grow stronger. This battle for Luffy will make him think deeply how weak he really is, and he'll definitely learn something great after this war ends. For Luffy to unleash Haki against these guys like he did in the Arena on the Amazon Island, would be useless. 1. He just exerts the Haki outwards, whereas for Haki to be at all useful in this battle, he needs to imbue it with attacks. But he has no knowledge of how to do it. Never mind Haki itself. 2. His enemies right now are those who have knowledge of Haki and wouldn't fall unconscious from it.

I'm surprised at the moment Ace was going to die, Luffy didn't exert his Haki though. Perhaps the finishing blow had yet to be enacted for him to release it. Looks like they were just raising the blades, before the executors died.

Realtwisted
December 03, 2009, 08:39 AM
I think Dragon will save Ace, like he save luffy from his execution.

sarutobi_sensei
December 03, 2009, 09:00 AM

Wow great predictions, I like it.

Sure the Gear Fourth part seems a little odd, like why's he only using it now, but I like all the rest :D

stichyman
December 03, 2009, 09:56 AM
sengoku probably has holes in his afro , eaten by his goat in his sleep
[hr]
i wonder if there is a sylar type devil fruit like form heroes or would that be to close to BB power , would be cool though.
[hr]
by the way who is the other two yonku could they be waiting near by to take WB out after this war is done with.Sengoku said something about not comming out unscaved does it mean one of the admirals or him and garp get killed. What dept does aokiji have to garp. And something must have happend to akainu in the past that he hes so loves to kill. must be shiryyuu brother.
[hr]
just a random question i want to put into the fray. How comes whenever nami gets mad and hits luffy it hurts.like whats up with all the balls on his head . I thought he couldn't get hit be physical blows that arnt fused with hakki.Or does the same thing happen to logia when they are in bewildered or confused like when luffy hit enel ^^

gotdott
December 03, 2009, 10:14 AM
I didn't see a post on this but:
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/566/03/
the first page top middle panel basically proves that Akainu is a logia, not a paramecia.

Razh
December 03, 2009, 10:30 AM
I didn't see a post on this but:
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/566/03/
the first page top middle panel basically proves that Akainu is a logia, not a paramecia.

It was obvious from the beginning. Well, to some of us anyway. Lava or magma is a natural force, not something created by men, like gum, wax, wheels or springs.

urlaub
December 03, 2009, 10:43 AM
So the spoiler about gear four looks very nice and fits too perfectly with my wishes. Honestly, it is impossible for such a thing to happen. Luffy kicking Akainu, yeah right!

But at least, I mean, some last strength surprise for everybody. Whatever it could be, haki based or not. Of course it is a once in a hundred years happening that someone breaks into ID and gatheres an army and then lands at marine ford. So Luffy has done his surprising and epic stuff already. But give a fan some sugar. One last moment of glory, before he gets crushed like an ant. Of course I concede that Nyon sama is right. Da beast's are gonna drop it like it's hot..

anime-addict
December 03, 2009, 11:04 AM
Now eveybody will be busy in fighting ... so, wether luffy may fight or take a chance to save ace >>>

senewe
December 03, 2009, 11:24 AM
It was obvious from the beginning. Well, to some of us anyway. Lava or magma is a natural force, not something created by men, like gum, wax, wheels or springs.

so WB is logia then, since no men could ever created a quake..
i don't think so...

Razh
December 03, 2009, 11:41 AM
so WB is logia then, since no men could ever created a quake..
i don't think so...

:facepalm:facepalm:facepalm

I though that someone could post something like this, but I dismissed the possibility. My bad. If you know anything at all about paramecia fruits then you know that they don't just give powers to create or transform into artificial creations but to create some effects too. Take Foxy for example, who creates slow beam or take Whitebeard who creates vibrations by punching air.

Also, quake is not an element. :facepalm

jokey
December 03, 2009, 12:05 PM
damn...how many chapters has it been for this arc...i'm starting to think that this arc is a mistake... the same thing happens every chapter.. what i mean is all the major characters do is cancel each other out.. it's suppose to be a war... so far we havent seen any fights to the death.. all they do is kick each other around and none of them look like luffy... who looks like he's been through hell by the way... i was hoping that they would really fight it like luffy vs rob lucci... it's getting kind of dissapointing that every chapter the same thing happens again and again... if this is suppose to a war thats shaking the entire world then i think there should be more serious fights then this, maybe this whole arc is too much for oda... maybe...

Mircus
December 03, 2009, 12:08 PM
Man oh man, the story is getting more fire by the second. I'm loving the display Oda is showing! A lot of full scale pages lately which makes these battles all the more intense.

I have no prediction whatsoever and don't plan on doing it. Chills run down my spine everytime I read those explanation marks words.

pirateninjahunter
December 03, 2009, 12:12 PM
I liked this chapter. And what Luffy has done is enough for me. He is just too weak to be a nuisance to the admirals and fleet admiral. Squardo was not shown, but since Marco already started to fight I imagine that Squardo has already started to move. Squardo IMO is really strong, he was able to pierce WB with a huge blade, that blade is heavy, and even so he got WB.

About Garp, I am not so sure about him helping sengoku in the next chapter.

I do not undersant why so many people here want luffy "to play a bigger part" in this war. In fact, luffy in not even my favorite character, my favorite character is Marco, and Marco is stronger than luffy, more knowledgeable and imo smarter. It is not because Luffy is the protagonist of the manga that he needs to be the strongest all the time and always able to make a difference in each battle in which he fights.

zagorka
December 03, 2009, 12:26 PM
i wonder if there is a sylar type devil fruit like form heroes or would that be to close to BB power , would be cool though.It's funny how you mention that, since I've been thinking the exact same thing. Or similar to the power Peter Petrelli had in the beginning of the series. For those who don't know, Heroes is a show about super-heroes, and the characters whom we are speaking about have the abilities to take and use anyone's ability they come near, and retain their power. It would be really neat if Sengoku had this power. Having all the abilities of those around him. He could become a logia or a zoan user at a moment's whim. That would be damn interesting.

sharingan_kakashi
December 03, 2009, 12:26 PM
in the spoiler it said that WB used his halberg (polearm) to make an earthquake. i dont think that is an earthquake. First the halberg did not make a crack or anything.

i think its haki. because on the second page you will see everyone being blown awayexcept for the admirals and vice admirals. you can see alll the marines that was in the front line all got slashed. You can also see the VAs shaking. Its probably an offensive type haki. Similar in principle to how Marco kicked Aokiji.

zerocooldx
December 03, 2009, 12:38 PM
A pretty incredibly chapter. Oda is doing a hell of a job of making this seem like an actual war with chaos and blood shed everywhere. I guess chapter 0 was a pretty good teaser for Garp and Sengoku showing us their abilities. I don't know how many times i gotta say it, but Oda is a genius.

Razh
December 03, 2009, 12:44 PM
in the spoiler it said that WB used his halberg (polearm) to make an earthquake. i dont think that is an earthquake. First the halberg did not make a crack or anything.

i think its haki. because on the second page you will see everyone being blown awayexcept for the admirals and vice admirals. you can see alll the marines that was in the front line all got slashed. You can also see the VAs shaking. Its probably an offensive type haki. Similar in principle to how Marco kicked Aokiji.

It's not Haki, it's the same as when he slammed that first giant down. The same patter was drawn around his fist. It's probably used to increase the damage by vibrating his fist/pole.

Did not make a crack? It's not like we saw a detailed view of the surroundings after Whitebeard attacked.

Andonan
December 03, 2009, 12:54 PM
Those above predictions are actually sick. Though like sarutobi said gear four is a little silly I'd rather Luffy just remain absolutely mental and proceed to imbue haki into his attacks without knowing what he is doing. It also soudns very Luffy like, he would actually fight an admiral for hurting his grandpa than saving Ace there and then, it's just how Luffy is....... I hope Oda does something similar but in his own genious way :D also I hope all this happens in 2 chapters rather than 4 haha :D and it should if this war is going to be resolved by the new year which i seriously doubt.....

sharingan_kakashi
December 03, 2009, 01:22 PM
this giant? http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/564/08-09/
i dont see where the aura around his fist is.

@quake. dont you think a crack on the air is a pretty major detail to leave out. All of WBs attacks so far that involved him using his fruit ability shows a crack in the air. (thats like Luffy going gear 2 without the smoke coming out of his body) And a path of destruction on the ground since vibrations travel on a medium.

gotdott
December 03, 2009, 01:24 PM

There were a bunch of people arguing about it before so I was saying that basically is indisputable proof there :p

I don't think you should classify paramecia as something created/not found in nature. Poison can be considered a natural force, since it is not necessarily man-made. Things like wood or diamond are found in nature, but would not be classified as logia if they were fruits.

hamad138
December 03, 2009, 01:25 PM
It's not Haki, it's the same as when he slammed that first giant down. The same patter was drawn around his fist. It's probably used to increase the damage by vibrating his fist/pole.

Did not make a crack? It's not like we saw a detailed view of the surroundings after Whitebeard attacked.

Haki is used since the battle has started.

Jozu attacks Croc with Haki.
Marco kicks Aoikji and Kizaru with Haki.
Whitebeard uses now haki.
Hankcock uses haki to kick smoker.

I am thinking if ace got haki...
Since he is the son Of the strongest Pirate ever and he has the will of D.

chess4
December 03, 2009, 01:26 PM
http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/File:18-19.jpg

this is one of the best panels in one piece. Wb and 13 of his admirals standing united ready to charge.

Razh
December 03, 2009, 02:18 PM
this giant? http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/564/08-09/
i dont see where the aura around his fist is.

@quake. dont you think a crack on the air is a pretty major detail to leave out. All of WBs attacks so far that involved him using his fruit ability shows a crack in the air. (thats like Luffy going gear 2 without the smoke coming out of his body) And a path of destruction on the ground since vibrations travel on a medium.

That's not the first giant that Whitebeard has beaten is it?

Ring a bell? (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/556/04-05/)
If you look at the center panel You'll notice that the giant's helmet cracked into pieces. That's the reason I believe that he can condense or compress his power around his fist or something else to localize the quake to small area.

I really doubt that Haki powered attacks have a special effect. After all, Kuja arrows didn't have anything drawn around their tips. Nor did a Boa spear, Sentoumaru's palms or Marco's leg.
So yeah, it's Whitebeard's devil fruit, not Haki.
[hr]

There were a bunch of people arguing about it before so I was saying that basically is indisputable proof there :p

I don't think you should classify paramecia as something created/not found in nature. Poison can be considered a natural force, since it is not necessarily man-made. Things like wood or diamond are found in nature, but would not be classified as logia if they were fruits.

What I meant is that logia fruits give powers of elements as they exist in the nature. Sure, there is gum on some trees but it needs to be processed to be usable. It's the same with poison. Sure, it can be found in nature, in plants and animals, but there are no poison lakes or poison rivers.

I believe that logia and zoan fruits existed in the nature and that paramecia were created by the previous civilization. Springs, wheels, wax, iron blades? I don't believe that the nature could come up with those on it's own. There is evidence of highly developed technology like ancient weapons. But that is offt opic.

Saint Markus
December 03, 2009, 02:57 PM
OARS!!!. OARS!!!. Whitebeard came in with a god swing and blew peoples away. pretty cool moment for Luffy against the 3 admirals. give me more of that Oda.

Eiichiro Oda, the current King of WSJ Manga.

sharingan_kakashi
December 03, 2009, 03:03 PM
That's not the first giant that Whitebeard has beaten is it?

Ring a bell? (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/556/04-05/)
If you look at the center panel You'll notice that the giant's helmet cracked into pieces. That's the reason I believe that he can condense or compress his power around his fist or something else to localize the quake to small area.

I really doubt that Haki powered attacks have a special effect. After all, Kuja arrows didn't have anything drawn around their tips. Nor did a Boa spear, Sentoumaru's palms or Marco's leg.
So yeah, it's Whitebeard's devil fruit, not Haki.
<hr noshade size="1">

if you pound a clay pot with a hammer it will do the same thing that helmet did. The halmark of his devil fruit ability is the shockwave or "crack in the armosphere". This is the only reason we know he is using his logia. He rarely anounces his moves. My argument is that since this particular tell is mssing it is NOT a devil fruit ability. i only chose Haki because it is the only explanation i can think of.

Yoker66666
December 03, 2009, 03:22 PM
Haki is used since the battle has started.

Jozu attacks Croc with Haki.
Marco kicks Aoikji and Kizaru with Haki.
Whitebeard uses now haki.
Hankcock uses haki to kick smoker.

I am thinking if ace got haki...
Since he is the son Of the strongest Pirate ever and he has the will of D.

But he don't use in battle with Blackbeard..

I think he don't uses haki soon if he is still alive, first luffy

Revolation
December 03, 2009, 03:23 PM
i seriously thought luffy used haki there on those executioners, but it was crocodile:darn

Black Lagoon
December 03, 2009, 03:36 PM
A pretty incredibly chapter. Oda is doing a hell of a job of making this seem like an actual war with chaos and blood shed everywhere. I guess chapter 0 was a pretty good teaser for Garp and Sengoku showing us their abilities. I don't know how many times i gotta say it, but Oda is a genius.

I remember someone saying that Sengoku isn't a fighter and his job is to make strategies for possible wars or battles, so real fighter could win without troubles, or even if there were troubles the damage would be minor. (something like that) -_-;