PDA

View Full Version : They call him Whitebeard but he has no beard!!!!!!!

LightningBlade!
November 28, 2009, 01:12 AM
I've been wondering the call red hair because of his red coloured hair but why whitebeard.. he just got him long white mush....... so isn't he supposed to be called whitemush.......

check it out
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/565.5/22/

hdiuy
November 28, 2009, 02:12 AM
From Wikia.
The name Whitebeard is not a literal translation. In Japanese, his nickname is Shiro Hige. The word "Shiro" meaning white, and "Hige" meaning "facial hair" (the Japanese do not have words for the individual styles of facial hair).

Razh
November 28, 2009, 06:26 AM
Questions like these can be answered in mega convo. There's no need to open a separate thread to get an answer to a single question.

Fox666
November 30, 2009, 12:42 AM
From Wikia.
The name Whitebeard is not a literal translation. In Japanese, his nickname is Shiro Hige. The word "Shiro" meaning white, and "Hige" meaning "facial hair" (the Japanese do not have words for the individual styles of facial hair).Basically. In Japan they call the pirate Edward Teach "Kurohige". This is ambiguous in Japan and can be used for both beard or a mustache.

Gecko Moria
November 30, 2009, 04:09 AM
I believe the purpose of this thread has been fulfilled. Therefore, I am closing it down to prevent unnecessary spam. If you think there is more to add to this topic, please feel free to PM me or any of the other One Piece moderators to re-open this thread. Thank you for your co-operation.