PDA

View Full Version : Fairy Tail Vol. 20 (Chap. 161-169) Discussions

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

X-Burner
November 22, 2009, 06:50 AM
http://mangastream.com/

Without Shrimpy this doesn't happen so please thank him.

Mereth
November 22, 2009, 07:19 AM
Fishy website, zip file, no raw out yet.. Probably a virus/keylogger, can anyone confirm? :blink

X-Burner
November 22, 2009, 07:28 AM
I assure you the file is real. We're still working diligently on the site. Do you think I'd throw Shrimpy's name around and risk not only his wrath but those of the admins here just for some hoax?

Dofla
November 22, 2009, 08:00 AM
Fishy website, zip file, no raw out yet.. Probably a virus/keylogger, can anyone confirm? :blink

I confirm.
This is a helluva Great Hq scanlation.
Thank you X-Burner!

Baka_Sousui
November 22, 2009, 08:25 AM
Whoa!!
Awesome release.
Very early too.

hongoasdf
November 22, 2009, 09:40 AM
Indeed. I suppose thanks are in order...

Anyways, a chapter or two before this arc finally ends.

... Wait, if Ichiya was able to do that all along, why didn't he free himself earlier?

And Genesis Zero was quite a kick-ass power. If Natsu hadn't had his protagonist power-up, he'd be more than just dead by now.

Wendy's magic wasn't that impressive. As I said many times before, it was to be expected.

Thanks again, X-Burner, for the high quality and early release.

Unlucky Boy
November 22, 2009, 01:46 PM
Thanks for the early and great scanlation!

That was a very nice chapter!
Most interesting thing for me was the dragon drawn behind Natsu. Not sure if that's Igneel or not but he has a scar on his neck, very much like Natsu's scar...
http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/10/18/
http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/101/05/

I'm kinda disappointed that Wendy can use both wind and healing magics...she has a major advantage on the other DS.

Ichiya was funny, I guess he didnt want to waste that perfume earlier. It's effect must be time limited.

I wonder how Taurus healed so fast, is it because he was summoned by a different summoner?

hongoasdf
November 22, 2009, 02:20 PM
Thanks for the early and great scanlation!

That was a very nice chapter!
Most interesting thing for me was the dragon drawn behind Natsu. Not sure if that's Igneel or not but he has a scar on his neck, very much like Natsu's scar...
http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/10/18/
http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/101/05/

Good eye there. I didn't notice the dragon had the same scar (He also seems to have even more scars, too. On his chest and on the other side of his neck).

It may very well be Mashima's generic Dragon, but it does look a lot like Igneel. And Igneel has those scars, too http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/101/10-11/

I wonder how Taurus healed so fast, is it because he was summoned by a different summoner?

I suppose Stellar Spirits heal faster once they are recalled into their wolrd/plain/dimension/whatever. Also, at least 4 hours have passed since Taurus was defeated by Gemini+Caelum. And being summoned by someone else might have something to do with it, too.

Evil3ye
November 22, 2009, 04:09 PM
Nice. Full chapter already :)

And not that bad either. Seems like the Oración Arc is about to end finally. hooray lol
Also I must say Zero's final attack does not look that bad, but of course Dragon's power is way greater haha :nod

Mereth
November 22, 2009, 04:11 PM
Well my bad then, thanks for the awesome scanlation :)

monkey D luffy
November 22, 2009, 04:53 PM
you think next chapter we'll see igneel and that wind dragon again? they had a harsh talk before this arc started and the wind dragon predicted natsu will meet wendy, do you think we will see a continuetion of that talk?

Kravmaga
November 22, 2009, 05:35 PM
you think next chapter we'll see igneel and that wind dragon again? they had a harsh talk before this arc started and the wind dragon predicted natsu will meet wendy, do you think we will see a continuetion of that talk?

I kinda hope so... I was all excited when wendy was revealed to potentially be a catalyst in advancing the dragon plot but she hasn't done any of that so far.

The chapter was cool!
Natsu being natsu never gets old. That tackle he used looks like the shoryuuken he used vs evil gerard and I don't come to realize this too often but imo, mashima's art style's gotten a lot better than at the start of the series.
Is it just me or did only 5 legs explode in that picture?

roku-sky
November 22, 2009, 09:18 PM
Good eye there. I didn't notice the dragon had the same scar (He also seems to have even more scars, too. On his chest and on the other side of his neck).

It may very well be Mashima's generic Dragon, but it does look a lot like Igneel. And Igneel has those scars, too http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/101/10-11/

They don't look like the same scars, though. Igneel has a X shaped scar across the chest. In addition, Natsu's dragon has much smaller horns (and less horns), in addition to having the same scar Natsu has across the neck.

Which leads me to believe that what we saw this chapter is a representation of Natsu as a dragon. Maybe at full power he can fully transform into a dragon? Interesting catch nonetheless.

NNGirl
November 22, 2009, 09:18 PM
Not bad chapter.
Looks like the next arc is going to be about dragonslayers

Baka_Sousui
November 23, 2009, 05:39 AM
I'm thinking after this Wendy will leave Cait Shelter and join Fairy Tail. Not cause she wants to but because Cait Shelter is a guild formed by descendants of Nirvits and she isn't one of them. The Guild Master may feel she doesn't really belong with them and that she'll probably become better if she stays with Fairy Tail, nit cause they are better skilled but cause her skills will probably improve if she spent more time with someone like Natsu, not cause of he's skill but cause he and she a both DS and stand to learn a lot from each other.

alphaclone01
November 23, 2009, 09:47 AM
^^ If Wendy goes off and joins Fairy Tail does that make Fairy Tail the indirect dragon slayers guild?

I also wonder if Gemini will give Wendy their keys, given their recent speech about feelings and whatnot.

I imagine we'll get a nice scene within the next couple of chapters where Master Hades and Urtear show up...

hongoasdf
November 23, 2009, 10:07 AM
I imagine we'll get a nice scene within the next couple of chapters where Master Hades and Urtear show up...

And he will have obtained another key to Zeref's seal. Maybe we'll get to see what those look like. They will also comment on the downfall of Oración Seis, probably, and a thing or two on Tartaros. Sounds like a lot of insight, but it's the pace at which Mashima carries things, apparently.

iamtenninja
November 23, 2009, 11:46 AM
^^ If Wendy goes off and joins Fairy Tail does that make Fairy Tail the indirect dragon slayers guild?

I also wonder if Gemini will give Wendy their keys, given their recent speech about feelings and whatnot.

It seems that the author is intending for FT to house the DS, real or not.
However, I'm under the impression that Wendy would virtually not fit in with the rest of the young adults (17 years and older) but seeing how she was fine at Cait Shelter, this is probably wrong.

I do imagine however, to make things run full circle, that she would opt to stick with Mist Gun (Mystogan) if/when she runs into him. I believe that he's the Gerard Wendy encountered before and upon recognition, she'll go back to adventuring with him.

Seeing a scene between Urtear and Master Hades is most likely going to happen as these events usually occur between arcs.

Steco
November 23, 2009, 01:37 PM
Good chapter!

Does Natsu have that two scars on the chest?

If Angel is arrested, then Gemini, Scorpio and Aries will have their contracts broken, just like what happened with Evaroo. Meaning that Lucy will be able to get their keys.

Wendy does not fit in Cait Shelter, they are the 'nirvite', and it does not seems like she is one too. Maybe she will tag along with Natsu to find Grandine, since he is her best chances right now. Btw, her dragon breath was nice, but weak, as expected, it's just a blow of wind after all.

Gerard joining FT will be... strange! First, the world thinks he is dead, and he was evil. If he shows up alive, he will be arrested unless Nakajima( that old guy who runs a restaurant now, I think) or someone in FT proves that Urtear was the one behind it all along.

Does anyone know where I can download the chapter that Lucy meets that guy in the library? And the other one that she wears a cat suit? I only found the raw, no scanlation.... nor translation.

hongoasdf
November 23, 2009, 02:26 PM
Does Natsu have that two scars on the chest?

I'm not gonna look around for a picture right now, but I'm 95% possitive that we have seen Natsu's bare chest... It would have been noticable if he had some scars. If someone proves I'm wrong, though, I would appreciate it.

Gerard joining FT will be... strange! First, the world thinks he is dead, and he was evil. If he shows up alive, he will be arrested unless Nakajima( that old guy who runs a restaurant now, I think) or someone in FT proves that Urtear was the one behind it all along.

No one knows Urtear was the one manipulating Gerard. For all the council ever knew, Urtear was just Gerard's underling. So if Gerard decides to show his face again, there'll be Rune Knights (Or however the military was called) all over him in no time. Erza and the people in the alliance might testify in his favour, seeing as he recently aided them in stopping the Oración Seis, but I don't think that would be enough to exonerate him of all of his crimes.

I had thought he may join Shou, Wally and the cat gril as they travel around, but they may not be so forgiving (Although if Erza asked them nicely, they would most likely accept him in their group)

Personally, I wish Gerard would just drop dead, but Mashima seems to like this character, so its not likely to happen.

street_san
November 23, 2009, 02:44 PM
Good chapter overall.

The Natsu vs Zero fight was one of my favorite. I really enjoyed it because nobody had an huge advantage against the other. Zero proved why Oracion Seis was a dark guild worthy to be feared. He was soo strong that a "dragon" had to beat him. Thumbs up Zero :P

But now I have a question. With Natsu strength. Do you think he is strong enough to defeat Luxus ? xD. Well I mean...do you think he can now be part of the S-class mages ?

kkck
November 23, 2009, 02:52 PM
I don't think natsu is strong enough to beat luxus(or come close to his level lol) but he should be capable of handling s class missions. I mean, he already solved one and the fight against the oracion 6 should be classified as one considering they dealt with a third of the underworld.

Chaos Shadow
November 23, 2009, 03:07 PM
HAS ANYONE THE AWESOME EXTRA CHAPTER?!?!? =)=)=)==) :D
Ieatmanga has released it!!
http://ieatsoul.com/manga-releases/fairy-tail-161-bonus-special/?PHPSESSID=deujo87pmms073v4sbvp4rage2

LoS
November 23, 2009, 03:47 PM
Why are people thinking that Natsu can summon this kind of power whenever he wants now all of a sudden? He's probably "S" class in strength, but I doubt he possesses near the strength he displayed every moment of every day.

Also, Zero's magic was so dark and evil looking. Anyone think that at some point in the past he used that magic on Gerard? His incantation for the spell did mention the consumption of memories, maybe he stole some of Gerard's memories.

Pretty crazy though, Zero looked to have at least the same or maybe even greater strength than Jose of Phantom Guild, one of the ten great holy mages.

Also does anyone expect Mashima to make it so that Oracion Seis was the weakest of the three dark guilds in the trinity, and even Raven Tail? I am thinking that as the story progresses the other two guilds in the evil trinity will be shown as stronger than Oracion Seis and their masters even stronger than Zero.

I am not agreeing with those people who think Wendy should join Fairy Tail, I would rather she didn't. Also Ichiya's magic power was so funny in my opinion. He goes on and on about perfume and scents, well what does he do, he goes and gets super muscular. Being that muscular he probably had a bad body odor and musty smell to himself, kind of ironic his magic deals with perfumes, when his own scent was most likely pretty foul smelling.

Evil3ye
November 23, 2009, 04:00 PM
HAS ANYONE THE AWESOME EXTRA CHAPTER?!?!? =)=)=)==) :D
Ieatmanga has released it!!
http://ieatsoul.com/manga-releases/fairy-tail-161-bonus-special/?PHPSESSID=deujo87pmms073v4sbvp4rage2
Haha a nice one. A hell lot of fanservice, great! :D
Erza was really awesome in this chap =)))

fizban
November 23, 2009, 04:36 PM
Ichiya did not use the Strength Perfume until that point because it gives you a huge boost of physical strength for as long as the fumes are held in your lungs. One breath, one huge attack. This is the arbitrary rule I have made up right now and should be treated as canon.

Kravmaga
November 23, 2009, 04:50 PM
Ichiya did not use the Strength Perfume until that point because it gives you a huge boost of physical strength for as long as the fumes are held in your lungs. One breath, one huge attack. This is the arbitrary rule I have made up right now and should be treated as canon.

That's actually perfectly reasonable.
He didn't use it earlier because it only lasts a few seconds and he only had one vial that he'd have to break since he was tied up.
Canon or not, it's not any more bothersome than gemini not converting the first time they copied Lucy and could read her heart...

Aphalite
November 23, 2009, 05:07 PM
Anyone see the Fairy Tail Special?

So Ecchi O_O

Shiro-kun
November 23, 2009, 05:43 PM
I thought the fight would lasted longer , but if it ends the arc sooner i guess its for the best than.

Zero's Attacks were amazing to bad they were made insignificant by Natsu's Dragon Slayer Mode.

kkck
November 23, 2009, 06:39 PM
Ok, nice chapter.

It seems SSJ dragon force natsu actually made the cut. On top of that this is what seems to be natsu's strongest technique, even superior to the one he used against luxus. Nice development IMHO. Given all, even if zero is not defeated by now I think this is the end of natsu's powerup.

The destruction of most of the lachrima had nothing special though. Grey and erza pulling their thing off is not something even worth commenting(granted I just wasted 2 lines lol).

Wendy pulled of a nice dragon roar. Basically a tornado came out of her mouth which was very well expected. Given that wendy is the sky dragon, I wonder what is the extent of her power though. If her power is the sky and not just air, could she have the potential to control even weather? I have high expectations for the little girl lol. Considering she just found within herself the power which is required to slay a dragon she probably will get an appearance change until the next time we see her. I just don't see her fighting anyone with that little frail body she now has. Maybe some sort of accelerated puberty lol.

Ichiya was a tad impressive this chapter but considering the entire arc I would think he was lame. I had high expectations of the little guy and turned out to be nothing. I expected the guy to be one of those characters who just start kicking ass after really sucking. Yet, even in the end he miraculously got to the lachrima and while tied just got some roid rush lol. Not sure if I want to see him again in the future.

Lucy also did not leave much to comment on. All we saw was gemini controlling taurus. WOnder if lucy will keep gemini though. I guess it depends on the nature of his contract with angel. I hope she keeps the little guys lol. Wonder when will lucy get the key of scorpio though. I think she is bound to get all the 12 zodiac keys so she is bound to get the guy. Maybe angel will take part in the story again in the future and then somehow lucy will get scorpio from her. It'd be fun to see aquarius after scorpio gets pulled out of a date lol. I do hope lucy gets some silver keys though, It's be interesting to see her using lesser keys to boost her current spirits.

Wonder if the arc is truly over. It has gone on long enough but I get the feeling there is going to be one final twist to the whole thing. Not a 9th ultra secret oracion 6 member but maybe zero pulling of a final trick or even another dark guild trying to somehow phrophit from the whole situation. I mean, we have barely seen anything from cherrie, ichiya and two of the trimen which is basically a third of the alliance.

LoS
November 23, 2009, 07:17 PM
or even another dark guild trying to somehow phrophit from the whole situation.

I can see the actions of another dark guild to close out the current arc and provide us with a glimpse of the next/future arc to act as a segway.

Bucks
November 23, 2009, 07:24 PM
Does anyone know whether or not Natsu's power up is permanent and is he able to control it?

MechR
November 23, 2009, 08:03 PM
It's a temporary boost, like when he ate the Aetherion.

mr.danly
November 23, 2009, 09:32 PM
I was slightly disappointed by how... predictable the chapter was. I mean, yes, I'd like the battle to end, but Natsu ALWAYS beats the guy, no matter how powerful they are. So unless he can consistently use this dragon force ability now, I just don't think it makes much sense that he wins all his battles.

LoS
November 23, 2009, 10:04 PM
Does anyone know whether or not Natsu's power up is permanent and is he able to control it?

As someone else already answered, no it is only temporary. But what I am more interested in is Mirajane's "Demon" S-class power fully restored and permanent? Or can she only use that power when under huge amounts of emotional stress?

Baka_Sousui
November 23, 2009, 11:28 PM
I am not agreeing with those people who think Wendy should join Fairy Tail, I would rather she didn't.

Well I don't think we said she should join Fairy Tail. More the fact that she probably will, given my current understanding of the situation. The rest of her guild being Nirvits and she just being placed there as a convenience for safety, while Gerard goes off to do other business. It's a big case of whether she really belongs there. I originally thought maybe she'd be a reoccurring character from another guild. But the more of the story that reveals itself the more I'm inclined to feel that she may change over. Just little indications that would make sense in the bigger picture if she did.

That and also this image.
http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/286/fairytail.th.jpg (http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/286/fairytail.jpg)

Fairy Tail Girls, and Wendy is there, but no Cherie. So Wendy (including Charle who is always with her) the only one from another guild there with a bunch of Fairy Tail Girls? Question it don't question it. I think this image might be an indicator. You might not want her in Fairy Tail, but there's a chance she could be, and this is my logic explaining how it could be possible.

I was slightly disappointed by how... predictable the chapter was. I mean, yes, I'd like the battle to end, but Natsu ALWAYS beats the guy, no matter how powerful they are. So unless he can consistently use this dragon force ability now, I just don't think it makes much sense that he wins all his battles.

Well ugh... if Natsu lost who'd be the one the saves the day? Being the main protagonist, he would likely have to be victorious in some way. The only time the main character loses is when a lesson is to be taught ir when he comes back later to kick some major ass. If he lost to a character who will destroy the world and kill as soon as he defeats him, what chances are there for this story to continue? This isn't something where Natsu could and still come back another day and defeat Zero. It's a situation of all or nothing. He's not allowed to lose in this kind of situation or the story is over. It may seem anti-climatic but the story carries on.

Kravmaga
November 24, 2009, 01:06 AM

Actually, Natsu lost bad VS the owl guy and the airwave guy fighting power vs power... Grey saved his nut in the former case and erza saved him in the latter case. When he fought luxus, he also more or less was looking at a checkmate until gazille bailed him and angel was also about to kill him using his motion sickness when lucy showed up.

IMHO, this win isn't that off the scale unbelievable; in fact, I was very disappointed when zero was saying that it was natsu's final form and then proceeded to handle him. Being main protagonist, at the end of the arc and using a temporary assist from gerard, I really expected something a little more, kinda like the flames of emotions thing he never used again after crushing wind dude with it but oh well! Friends power I'll take it.

kkck
November 24, 2009, 01:09 AM
I forgot to mention my expectations for the next chapter. Provided there are no twists, I think it is going to be mostly boring. No new enemies and the title seems to involve gerard and his guilt. I want something interesting to happen to gerard lol.

Newkerzy
November 24, 2009, 03:11 AM
Hmmm.... I think Gerard will part ways with FT, & become a wanderer. Perhaps traveling to find out more about everything... the dark guilds, Zeref & DS just like Sieghart did in Rave. As for Wendy's DS powers, like some people, I think it would be good for her to join FT, in there, she would improve upon using her powers since they've got 2 DS. Although I believe Gazille would be a better teacher/trainer for her. But because Gazille's got spywork to do, I guess Natsu will have to do. (I just hope he has his own unique way of teaching...)

Shiro-kun
November 24, 2009, 04:21 AM
We can always have awkward situations where Gerard meets Mistgun, and we have bunch of stuff happen :\.

Krono
November 24, 2009, 09:22 AM
As someone else already answered, no it is only temporary. But what I am more interested in is Mirajane's "Demon" S-class power fully restored and permanent? Or can she only use that power when under huge amounts of emotional stress?

I would guess that her power's fully and permanently restored. Elfman doesn't seem to have any trouble using the full body take over after the Phantom Lord arc, so I'd imagine that Mirajane would not be different.

hongoasdf
November 24, 2009, 11:46 AM
http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/286/fairytail.th.jpg (http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/286/fairytail.jpg)

Fairy Tail Girls, and Wendy is there, but no Cherie. So Wendy (including Charle who is always with her) the only one from another guild there with a bunch of Fairy Tail Girls? Question it don't question it. I think this image might be an indicator. You might not want her in Fairy Tail, but there's a chance she could be, and this is my logic explaining how it could be possible.

While I agree there is the possibility of Wendy joining Fairy Tail, my explanation for that image is that Mashima just wants to introduce her further into the FT world, since she is the only female Dragonslayer so far, and Dragonslayers are the most important characters, plot-wise. It may very well be for reader to take her more into consideration as an important character (Although... she being a 12 year old girl drawn in a picture full of... distractions... doesn't necessarily help this happen).

But I suppose even if she doesn't join Fairy Tail, we'll be seeing her a lot from now on, due to plot issues. But I'd expect her joining Fairy Tail to have some lol moments.I don't know why, but I just see a lot of funnyness happening between her and Gazille. Not to mention having another Dragonslayer will further reveal a couple of things about the dragon plot.

monkey D luffy
November 24, 2009, 04:10 PM

look closely, charlie is there on the sofa.

i dont think we can predict anything at this point because its the end of the arc i presume, the only thing comes to mind is that we are going to see igneel again soon, might be even next chapter in that feast the dragons are having. talking to the wind dragon that actually reminds me of a fairy...

ELDRAGON
November 24, 2009, 07:22 PM
I don't think Gerard is gonna leave just yet. They still haven't explained the whole thing about Mistogan and him having the same face.

LoS
November 24, 2009, 08:44 PM
u think someone like Gerard who has no memories or recollection of anything other than Natsu will remember that answer?

Baka_Sousui
November 25, 2009, 12:26 AM
look closely, charlie is there on the sofa.

i dont think we can predict anything at this point because its the end of the arc i presume, the only thing comes to mind is that we are going to see igneel again soon, might be even next chapter in that feast the dragons are having. talking to the wind dragon that actually reminds me of a fairy...

Ok, I quoted myself to point out i did mentioned Charle is always with Wendy. Explains why she's on the sofa.
Maybe you mistook me mentioning Cherie from Lamia Scale not being in it.
I'm well aware who's in it as I spent time trying to fix the gaps in that image.

llamapie
November 25, 2009, 05:00 AM
So next chapter will be the after math. Good chance lucy gains some more keys. She will almost complete the zodiac, pretty cool.

My theory is if someone can get all the zodiac keys and uses them all at once you can summon that king. :P

Evil3ye
November 25, 2009, 05:19 AM
Lucy having the kings key would be kinda overkilles but meh :d
But I actually think she only got Gemini, not Aries and Scorpio yet, or did I miss sth?

And yeah.. I predict like 2-3 chapters about Wendy's guild and Erza/Gerald etc, before the new arc starts.. which also could be the dragon arc actually.

Lee-tyme7
November 25, 2009, 12:38 PM
Wow, I love the FT special spread of all the girls! That's very well done and the story is not bad either although it's longer than the actual chapter. Now we know where Erza live. LOL! We just need to know where Natsu and gray live. Wonder if there is a boy dormitory too.
This chapter was pretty cool the way Natsu defeated Zero and smack him into the machine just in time to destroy nirvana with everyone else. LOL!! I've noticed Erza kept calling out Natsu's name does worry about him? seem like she's developing feelings for him, yeah?
I dunno if the dragon arc is next chapter cus we still doesn't know about url and her father or who ever that Dark guild master is. But I'll say this I don't want this good series to have a dark tone like what Naruto has now with the Akatsuki arc. I want Fairy Tail to have a brightly but funny tone to the manga with wondrous adventures. Isn't that what FT suppose to be about? They have some of that in the beginning but I felt they didn't have enough of it.

elitefox
November 25, 2009, 08:35 PM
Wow, I love the FT special spread of all the girls! That's very well done and the story is not bad either although it's longer than the actual chapter. Now we know where Erza live. LOL! We just need to know where Natsu and gray live. Wonder if there is a boy dormitory too.
This chapter was pretty cool the way Natsu defeated Zero and smack him into the machine just in time to destroy nirvana with everyone else. LOL!! I've noticed Erza kept calling out Natsu's name does worry about him? seem like she's developing feelings for him, yeah?
I dunno if the dragon arc is next chapter cus we still doesn't know about url and her father or who ever that Dark guild master is. But I'll say this I don't want this good series to have a dark tone like what Naruto has now with the Akatsuki arc. I want Fairy Tail to have a brightly but funny tone to the manga with wondrous adventures. Isn't that what FT suppose to be about? They have some of that in the beginning but I felt they didn't have enough of it.

well Erza knows that Natsu is fighting Zero. I am pro ErzaXNatsu but this still might not prove that Erza has higher feelings for Natsu. In time... Gerard might be the first but Natsu is the last :D

heartangel
November 26, 2009, 01:59 PM
really awesome kickass chapter.... pretty sure that would put an end to this arc.... but still i dont' really like the naming of that natsu final move... "Sea fire"??? how could there be such an awkward name for such badass move ><

elitefox
November 27, 2009, 04:04 AM
really awesome kickass chapter.... pretty sure that would put an end to this arc.... but still i dont' really like the naming of that natsu final move... "Sea fire"??? how could there be such an awkward name for such badass move ><

Well in that case he did need a sea of fire to irradicate a sea of ghost :amuse

pirateninjahunter
November 27, 2009, 03:51 PM
I did not like the chapter that much. Defeating the antagonist by receiving an attack bonus from gerard...

Well, it seems fairy tail IS THE STRONGEST GUILD, lets do the math.
Mist Gun, Old Geezer,Luxus > Erza > Natsu > Zero > Oration Seis > everybody else

There are 4 members of fairy tail that are above GUILD MASTER LEVEL

Kravmaga
November 27, 2009, 04:56 PM
I did not like the chapter that much. Defeating the antagonist by receiving an attack bonus from gerard...

Well, it seems fairy tail IS THE STRONGEST GUILD, lets do the math.
Mist Gun, Old Geezer,Luxus > Erza > Natsu > Zero > Oration Seis > everybody else

There are 4 members of fairy tail that are above GUILD MASTER LEVEL

Natsu's powerups come as plot requires them to come, they aren't permanent and the "> everybody else" part is pretty questionable; characters worth mentioning aren't even part of the quantifiable population you'd want to use for this comparison, in other words fodders have no place on this scale.

But besides that, I agree that FT is amazingly powerful right now.
Mistgun, erza, luvia and gildartz are the remaining S class but on top of them, there are still luxus' bodyguards trio who didn't get kicked, gazille and even mirajane who seems to be able to go back to erza's level when necessary. That's not even mentioning the master, luxus who might or might not be back and of course, natsu, grey, lucy, elfman...etc who are average but can become stronger than S class when plot dictates it.

There's always the convenient introduction of more powerful bad guys from the depth of mashima's behind, master hades, luxus' father, zeref, the dragons... Welcome to the big leagues! Same as the little leagues except flashier and with bigger numbers.

ChuckBartowski
November 28, 2009, 04:14 AM
Surprise! It's out even earlier this week :)

http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/162-4/1
http://www.sendspace.com/file/sp1j3o

Enjoy!

llamapie
November 28, 2009, 05:52 AM
Interesting.

Typical aftermath chapter, not much happened. Bunch of hugs and kisses and inconsequential arrests.

Shisu
November 28, 2009, 07:05 AM
what? Two chapters in one week?

Krono
November 28, 2009, 07:41 AM
what? Two chapters in one week?

Sort of. The raws for the magazine Fairy Tail's in came out really early. So this is technically next week's chapter out early.

street_san
November 28, 2009, 08:36 AM
hmmm, interesting chapter. Well, it was a little bit predictable but...we had to see a chapter like that after a big fight.

But something surprised me. Did you see Natsu reaction when he heard that Gerard was beeing arrested ? Even if he hate him, I don't think he'll be able to let Gerard walk like this and go to prison. Oh well...I might be thinking too much too xD.

Richard's thank's was a great moment in this chapter. It's showed I much he loved his brother. He could've been pissed because Worly didn't come back...but no, he just accepted his brothers life. Knowing that he is safe is just enough for him. Man that was cool

Natsu and Wendy moment was really cute. There's a good relationship who's going to be built between those two Dragon Slayers. I mean, I think that Natsu might help Wendy developed some of her power. She has the potential to be a great Dragon Slayer, and I think Natsu might help her "unleash" that potential. The same way Erza and Gerard helped Natsu.

Anyway: good chapter overall. Predictable, but not a boring chapter ^^.

hongoasdf
November 28, 2009, 10:58 AM
Behold my mighty auto-copypaste skills. I am a Black Belt in Copypaste-Fu

Taken from Onemanga (Yes... I am too lazy to come up with another post for the same topic):

I believe we'll be seeing that Rahal guy a lot from now on. After all, after practically every catastrophic event, the Rune Knights seem to show up... and this council's response seems to be a lot faster than the previous one, so they may have a more important role. Though this new council doesn't give me a good feeling for some reason... I suppose we'll have to wait and see for Mashima to show it's members. Rahal's magic reminded me a lot of Fried's... maybe they are related?

Oh, and as many predicted many chapters ago, Worly was indeed Hoteye's younger brother. How 'bout that.

Anyways, your regular aftermath chapter. Wendy was friggin' cute, though. And I seriously hope Gerard gets executed.

I suppose next chapter we'll see the rest of the aftermath, along with whatever happens to Gerard. Maybe then we'll have our answer to what members of the Oración Seis become recurring villains. Angel will, at the very least... but only one seems kinda poor in my opinion. Whoever gets to avoid arrest will probably join Tartaros or Grimoire Heart, according to me.

Edit: Forgot to thank you guys for the early and high quality release. So Thank You, keep up the amazing work.

Krono
November 28, 2009, 11:29 AM
I believe we'll be seeing that Rahal guy a lot from now on. After all, after practically every catastrophic event, the Rune Knights seem to show up... and this council's response seems to be a lot faster than the previous one, so they may have a more important role. Though this new council doesn't give me a good feeling for some reason... I suppose we'll have to wait and see for Mashima to show it's members. Rahal's magic reminded me a lot of Fried's... maybe they are related?

Rahal's magic is probably something along the lines of Fried, but I doubt the characters themselves are related. I didn't get a good feeling from the new council's representative either. Might just be the translation, but it seems like they might be a bunch of hardliners.

Oh, and as many predicted many chapters ago, Worly was indeed Hoteye's younger brother. How 'bout that.

I suppose next chapter we'll see the rest of the aftermath, along with whatever happens to Gerard. Maybe then we'll have our answer to what members of the Oración Seis become recurring villains. Angel will, at the very least... but only one seems kinda poor in my opinion. Whoever gets to avoid arrest will probably join Tartaros or Grimoire Heart, according to me.

Actually I'm kinda skeptical of Angel. Having been arrested and her contracts broken would be a very good explanation of why Gemini could show up.

pirateninjahunter
November 28, 2009, 11:41 AM
It seems to me that this arc has ended. I wonder what will happen next.
My prediction for the next chapter:
1- The goup comemorates their victore against oracion seis
2- The guild masters will receive the group
3- The guild masters will talk about something that is going wrong ( hint to the next arc)

Yeah, FT is just too powerful.

What I do not like in FT are the plot powerups that Natsu is always receiving.
I do like characters like Luxus, mistgun, etc.
I want to know who the old geezer from FT is.

hongoasdf
November 28, 2009, 11:44 AM
Actually I'm kinda skeptical of Angel. Having been arrested and her contracts broken would be a very good explanation of why Gemini could show up.

Hmmm yes, that may be so, but I wouldn't like it if all of her contracts were voided at once, since that would mean a high probability of an uber power-up for Lucy... and Gemini is quite powerful on their own already. Maybe Gemini's was specifically broken due to some other reason, like Angel attacking her own spirit, for instance, and it was that which allowed them to show up and help Lucy.

But I suppose you're right; She was lying in a river last time we saw her, there's a high chance that Rahal's men already found and seized her, seeing as they are apparently a lot more competent than the previous council's. In fact, if there's a chance any member of the Oración Seis avoided capture, it would be Midnight, since he was on top of Nirvana, whcih means a relatively easy escape, and was knocked out some time ago, meaning he could've woken up by now.

Speaking of which, I wonder what happened to Brain/Zero... he was unconscious when Nirvana collpased on his head... that ought to kill about anyone. On the other hand, he proved to have more than just an average endurance.

Kravmaga
November 28, 2009, 02:44 PM
It's about time some aspect of the world authority becomes competent enough to be more than just comic relief.
Even if they turn out to be just easily-corrupted assholes who get in the way of the good guys' way, FT's world shouldn't feel as disorganized and lawless as some other shounen worlds...

Unlucky Boy
November 28, 2009, 03:11 PM
It's about time some aspect of the world authority becomes competent enough to be more than just comic relief.
Even if they turn out to be just easily-corrupted assholes who get in the way of the good guys' way, FT's world shouldn't feel as disorganized and lawless as some other shounen worlds...

I agree, I'm very happy with this new council. I wonder who they are and what happened to the old members. Rahal seems like a cool character, I'd be glad to see more of him.
I got this feeling they want something from Gerard and they wont just throw him to jail.

Ichiya and Richard were so funny in this chapter. When Richard suddenly appeared from underground he looked so big... lol

I just noticed Rahal said he's from the 4th enforcment unit. Can we expect more generals (or whatever he calls himself)?

hongoasdf
November 28, 2009, 03:58 PM
I just noticed Rahal said he's from the 4th enforcment unit. Can we expect more generals (or whatever he calls himself)?

It could be... but I'd prefer it if we'll be introduced to the new council members rather than the heads of some random enforcement units. Rahal may prove to have an important role somewhere in the future... but "4th Enforcement Unit" seems a little random for an important character, even if he's the head of it. If anything, it should have been "First Enforcement Group" or "Head Enforcer". I mean, Nirvana was a friggin' world threat, and the council sends their fourth enforcing group?

Or maybe he was assigned to the 4th group due to an arbitrary selection process, but has shown some prowess since then, and the council decided to send him and his group. Or there may be more groups sent along with them.

Oh I agree, this new council makes the FT world feel a lot more organized... I hope we see them a lot from now on, and not every once in a while when some major arc ends. They still give me a bad feeling for some reason, though.

Unlucky Boy
November 28, 2009, 04:58 PM
Hmm maybe he's a council member himself? He did say "WE were reborn..."

It could be that every council member has his private unit, then being 4th doesnt sound so bad.
It would be nice to see the council members get more involved and not just sitting at their table.

LoS
November 28, 2009, 06:25 PM
Rahal will obviously be a recurring character, he's bishonen enough.

I hope Mashima at least let's us know which Oracion Seis were captured, it would be far too much to expect any of them actually were killed.

The creation of a new council and the theme of rebirth fits in well with passing the torch at Fairy Tail. I can see Makarov stepping down and passing along the role of guild leader to someone else. Might be just the time to introduce Gildartz, finally.

Also next chapter's title sounds like the we will see typical devastated terrain/landscape and violent actions that usually introduce a new arc, which means its probably going to be a hell of a chapter.

pirateninjahunter
November 28, 2009, 07:43 PM
I wonder what happened to the council.

Yeah, Gildartz is the next in line for the FT guild master position, I agree with you.

senewe
November 28, 2009, 08:38 PM
yeahh...
glidartz well be shown after this arc (i hope so)
who else do you think?

kazille
November 29, 2009, 02:32 AM
i hope this doesn't upset teh balance. chapters coming out early.. remembered last time we didn't have a chapter for some weeks due to that copyright thingy.. can't remember it. :facepalm

Rahal seem bad ass.

Solfy
November 29, 2009, 06:01 AM
Nice lovey-dovey moment for Gerard and Erza :P.

Hoteye freaking rocks, I needed to put that somewhere, and the next chapter's name scares me. It might be Gerard regaining his memory right when he's arrested, going evil again, and slaughtering the whole council detachment.

Anyway, I don't see Erza and Natsu letting him go that easily.

bittman
November 29, 2009, 07:43 AM
On the Oracian Seis arrests, priority of not wanting them to be arrested (i.e. they return to the story):

1) Angel: Only because she has 3 keys, getting any/all of them basically leave Lucy as the strongest stellar spirit mage around without competition (she'll have...what? 9 if she gets Angel's?)

2) Cobra: Lacryma DS, but still quite a kick ass character. A bit silly, but also really heated. Always felt like a DS in everything but title. Felt a bit sad for him too with his only friend being a flying snake.

3) Midnight: overrated and then undercooked. A character with enormous potential fell rather easily, could make a good comeback.

4) Brain/Zero: A bit like the Midnight arguement, was stronger on paper than in battles. That said, I didn't feel Zero as a good villain anyway, I preferred Brain but then he was a poor excuse for a leader.

5) Hoteye: Don't actually care for him, can be imprisoned for 10 years for all I care.

6) Racer: So forgettable I almost forgot about him. Boring power, boring prayer. Never want to see him again.

Ero-Sanji
November 29, 2009, 09:42 AM
On the Oracian Seis arrests, priority of not wanting them to be arrested (i.e. they return to the story):

1) Angel: Only because she has 3 keys, getting any/all of them basically leave Lucy as the strongest stellar spirit mage around without competition (she'll have...what? 9 if she gets Angel's?)

2) Cobra: Lacryma DS, but still quite a kick ass character. A bit silly, but also really heated. Always felt like a DS in everything but title. Felt a bit sad for him too with his only friend being a flying snake.

3) Midnight: overrated and then undercooked. A character with enormous potential fell rather easily, could make a good comeback.

4) Brain/Zero: A bit like the Midnight arguement, was stronger on paper than in battles. That said, I didn't feel Zero as a good villain anyway, I preferred Brain but then he was a poor excuse for a leader.

5) Hoteye: Don't actually care for him, can be imprisoned for 10 years for all I care.

6) Racer: So forgettable I almost forgot about him. Boring power, boring prayer. Never want to see him again.

Couldn't agree more..

Though Lucy doesn't necessary have to be the strongest stellar spirit mage because she has the most powerful keys. The thing is she needs to grow with her spirits and evolve. For instance i think all the golden keys has special abilities and out of the 6(Lucy's?) only three of them has only shown some sort of magical attack. Taurus, Sagittarius and Cancer hasn't shown anything special and they are pretty much the same...

Krono
November 29, 2009, 11:06 AM

More keys does not automatically equal strongest stellar spirit mage. Lucy had twice as many gold keys as Angel, and Angel was kicking Lucy's ass with a silver key.

Personally I give Cobra the best odds of escaping. He had a flying snake handy that could carry him to safety. It probably could manage even if he was unconscious.

hongoasdf
November 29, 2009, 11:35 AM

Thy will be done.

Seriously, if he somehow survived going suicide bomber, I'll be pissed.

...and the next chapter's name scares me. It might be Gerard regaining his memory right when he's arrested, going evil again, and slaughtering the whole council detachment.

Now that would be an interesting development. I so want that to happen now... it would redeem Gerard's character as a villain in my eyes (No matter what people say, I can't see him as one of the good guys. That's one of the main reason I didn't like this arc... Good boy Gerard just doesn't appeal to my tastes).

I find it funny that Natsu is raging over Gerard getting arrested, considering only a few minutes ago he punched him in the face. Can't believe he'd forgive him so fast.

Solfy
November 29, 2009, 01:04 PM
I like Gerard either way. His relationship with Erza definately is a great plus in FT. But yeah, Sky of Blood...

If it was just Natsu blowing up asses, Mashima wouldn't call it "Blood". Blood seems negative, like a slaughter. Natsu doesn't slaughter his opponents, he beats them.

Still, we have that other translation, Scarlet Sky, which isn't as much obvious as the other. I mean, it could be connected with Erza.

Oh, and I'd really like Cobra to come back for sure. His prayer was kind of sad.

LoS
November 29, 2009, 09:32 PM
I like Gerard either way. His relationship with Erza definately is a great plus in FT. But yeah, Sky of Blood...

If it was just Natsu blowing up asses, Mashima wouldn't call it "Blood". Blood seems negative, like a slaughter. Natsu doesn't slaughter his opponents, he beats them.

I'm pretty sure it will be the intro to the new arc where we glimpse the new set of villain's if only briefly, see my previous post in this thread. It is typical segway for not only shounen's but also Fairy Tail.

elitefox
November 30, 2009, 05:26 AM
Nice lovey-dovey moment for Gerard and Erza :P.

Hoteye freaking rocks, I needed to put that somewhere, and the next chapter's name scares me. It might be Gerard regaining his memory right when he's arrested, going evil again, and slaughtering the whole council detachment.

Damn Erza and Gerard, I like Natsu and Erza better geez

Yeah they are childhood friends so what :D

Hoteye did a good thing, but still mistake is a mistake... and what is pardon for right :D

even if Gerard regains his memory and do something, I think he is exhausted or he does look like except if there is someone who will save him, urtear... not really save him but important info might leak:o

I know that Natsu and Erza are class S but they are still humans they need some rest;)

Evil3ye
November 30, 2009, 06:14 AM
OK, that's not what I expected to happen :d
And I have to say I kinda feel sorry for Hoteye and even Gerald. I must confess I'd have prefered if Erza would take him to FT so that we get some more infos about his and Mistguns connection.. but we'll see. Maybe this new plot could be an intresting one as well.

urlaub
November 30, 2009, 09:25 AM
As I understand the new villans could be the 'absolute justice' of Fairy tail, which means their evil and despicable.

And Natsu's getting really hiped up to serious extent. He has been beating all the big guns lately. So that rules definetly.

Lucy is missing 3 kees. It is funny, considering the world of mages is quite huge and Lucy has almost all the golden keys. He is like the greatest spirit mage out there, and yet it seems to me he is quite weak in usual sense(not in friendship-is-best-so-I-overcome my-limits-altough-almost-dead sense). But in this sense Almost every Fairy tail youngling is weak in comparison to known big-guns. On the other side the younglings of Fairy tail are also famous.

Maybe Makarov gathered on purpose all those strong mages? What could this motive be?

elitefox
November 30, 2009, 09:10 PM
As I understand the new villans could be the 'absolute justice' of Fairy tail, which means their evil and despicable.

And Natsu's getting really hiped up to serious extent. He has been beating all the big guns lately. So that rules definetly.

Lucy is missing 3 kees. It is funny, considering the world of mages is quite huge and Lucy has almost all the golden keys. He is like the greatest spirit mage out there, and yet it seems to me he is quite weak in usual sense(not in friendship-is-best-so-I-overcome my-limits-altough-almost-dead sense). But in this sense Almost every Fairy tail youngling is weak in comparison to known big-guns. On the other side the younglings of Fairy tail are also famous.

Maybe Makarov gathered on purpose all those strong mages? What could this motive be?

well her family was one of the wealthiest, so it is not impossible for her family to buy golden keys, I even wonder why didn't she have all the keys already

bittman
November 30, 2009, 11:10 PM
Though Lucy doesn't necessary have to be the strongest stellar spirit mage because she has the most powerful keys. The thing is she needs to grow with her spirits and evolve. For instance i think all the golden keys has special abilities and out of the 6(Lucy's?) only three of them has only shown some sort of magical attack. Taurus, Sagittarius and Cancer hasn't shown anything special and they are pretty much the same...

More keys does not automatically equal strongest stellar spirit mage. Lucy had twice as many gold keys as Angel, and Angel was kicking Lucy's ass with a silver key.

Sorry? Angel was doing what?

GEMINI PEOPLE! Gemini is without a doubt the most powerful Stellar Spirit we have been introduced too. It's the perfect spy, its the perfect backup, it's the perfect multi-tool. It slices, it dices, doesn't drip, etc. If Lucy gets Gemini she basically just won life.

Let's review: Gemini defeated a perfume guy, Jura, Gray, Natsu, Hibiki, Saggitarius, Taurus and Lucy.

So yeah, even though you may say "9 keys doesnt make her the strongest", I say that's a lie if only for gemini. Even if I ignore that one overpowered stellar spirit, 9 keys people. At most another enemy might have 3, that's not a rivalry. It'd be like saying that fake-Salamander in chapter 1 is a rival to Natsu because they both use fire.

I will bet Angel will escape with her keys, Gemini being a slightly possible exception. Especially since it will make the Aries-Leo subplot that little bit more powerful than 4 pages.

urlaub
December 01, 2009, 07:22 AM
What keys does Angel have right now? There was Scorpio and Aries I remember, what else?

Evil3ye
December 01, 2009, 08:45 AM
What keys does Angel have right now? There was Scorpio and Aries I remember, what else?
Apart from Gemini it's also Caelum the superimba weapon :amuse
That's all she did summon in her fight iirc

Krono
December 01, 2009, 10:29 AM
Sorry? Angel was doing what?

GEMINI PEOPLE! Gemini is without a doubt the most powerful Stellar Spirit we have been introduced too. It's the perfect spy, its the perfect backup, it's the perfect multi-tool. It slices, it dices, doesn't drip, etc. If Lucy gets Gemini she basically just won life.

Angel one shot Loki with Caelum. Then Gemini as Lucy one shot Taurus with Caelum. In short, Caelum was the single most powerful offensive weapon that Angel used in that fight. If Angel had not re-summoned Gemini after Aries disappeared, and just wielded Caelum herself, she probably would have won the fight.

kkck
December 01, 2009, 11:55 AM
Are we even sure gemini is lucy's spirit now? For such a thing to happen his contrat with angel would have to end and we have no idea if that has happened. All we saw is that gemini came to help lucy but it was never said the little guy actually became her spirit. Gemini is strong but I have my doubts about it being as uber as people here made it out to be. I mean, half the people taken out by gemini were done in by the element of surprise. In a direct confrontation things might have been somewhat different. On top of that gemini simply replicates stuff, it can never really be stronger than what it copies. Stellar spirits strength also seems to rely on the magic of the user more than on the spirit itself. Gemini being two spirits could also be a problem.

Krono
December 01, 2009, 12:13 PM
Are we even sure gemini is lucy's spirit now? For such a thing to happen his contrat with angel would have to end and we have no idea if that has happened. All we saw is that gemini came to help lucy but it was never said the little guy actually became her spirit. Gemini is strong but I have my doubts about it being as uber as people here made it out to be. I mean, half the people taken out by gemini were done in by the element of surprise. In a direct confrontation things might have been somewhat different. On top of that gemini simply replicates stuff, it can never really be stronger than what it copies. Stellar spirits strength also seems to rely on the magic of the user more than on the spirit itself. Gemini being two spirits could also be a problem.

No we aren't sure. People seem to take it for granted that since Gemini helped Lucy, that Lucy already has his key, and will shortly get the other keys of Angel, but they're wrong. She has yet to get Gemini's key, and if Angel somehow manages to slip away, then she won't get any of Angel's keys.

Ravis
December 01, 2009, 04:19 PM
I think people are underestimating the difference in power between Angel and Lucy. Its not simply that Angel had some magical super spirit, she knows how to use them a lot better than Lucy. Angel has considerably more power than Lucy, she has the power to summon 2 spirits at once, Lucy apparently cant yet. Lucy gaining Gemini wont be that big of an increase because she wont have the power to use it like angle had, hence why shes been clasping in her fights as of late.

As for Lucy having Gemini's key now, probably not. The point in Gemini being there and helping Lucy was because Lucy was out of power, even if she had the key she wouldn't have been able to use it.

kkck
December 01, 2009, 07:36 PM
I think people are underestimating the difference in power between Angel and Lucy. Its not simply that Angel had some magical super spirit, she knows how to use them a lot better than Lucy. Angel has considerably more power than Lucy, she has the power to summon 2 spirits at once, Lucy apparently cant yet. Lucy gaining Gemini wont be that big of an increase because she wont have the power to use it like angle had, hence why shes been clasping in her fights as of late.

As for Lucy having Gemini's key now, probably not. The point in Gemini being there and helping Lucy was because Lucy was out of power, even if she had the key she wouldn't have been able to use it.

I don't think angel could use her spirits better than lucy. What did she ever do which would imply such a thing? All angel did during her fight was take advantage of the relationship between spirits and sacrifice them as puppets. Lucy on principle would not do that. Angel does have considerably more magic power than lucy though considering she is capable of summoning several spirits at once. I guess that is why she is an oracion 6. Summoning several spirits at once would allow her to be more versatile. Still, the amount of strategy angel showed was less than impressive. I still think she simply could not care less for her spirits and simply had more magic power than lucy.

elitefox
December 01, 2009, 09:38 PM

does lucy need a key? all she need is tears to summon any of the stellar spirit lol

angel can summon 2 while lucy can summon 1, if lucy force herself, she'll be out of power, anyways what are tears for :D

Baka_Sousui
December 01, 2009, 09:45 PM
Angel has considerably more power than Lucy, she has the power to summon 2 spirits at once, Lucy apparently cant yet.

Correction Lucy can but doesn't have the know how to stabilize multiple spirits. Her power may be a bit weaker at the moment. But she certainly proved it was possible for her to do so.
http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/74/15/

Edit: Just thought of another thing. Is it possible that a silver key demands less magic then a gold key?

elitefox
December 01, 2009, 09:45 PM
I don't think angel could use her spirits better than lucy. What did she ever do which would imply such a thing? All angel did during her fight was take advantage of the relationship between spirits and sacrifice them as puppets. Lucy on principle would not do that. Angel does have considerably more magic power than lucy though considering she is capable of summoning several spirits at once. I guess that is why she is an oracion 6. Summoning several spirits at once would allow her to be more versatile. Still, the amount of strategy angel showed was less than impressive. I still think she simply could not care less for her spirits and simply had more magic power than lucy.

aren't you considering that she is a antagonist, so her strategist are more of a villain:darn

LoS
December 02, 2009, 01:27 AM
Why are we even debating Angel > Lucy, it's clear as day it's in the damn manga that Angel surpasses Lucy in all things magic except for the typical nakama love and feelings relationship.

urlaub
December 02, 2009, 04:46 AM
That is a given of course.

I think that when Angel still remains in posession of Scorpio and Aries then his character reappears some time or another. Looking forward to that. I have like a personal addiction to see if Lucy gets all the golden keys or not.

Who could the most powerful sodiac be? I am betting on Scorpio or Leon. Maybe Aquarius or Capricorn are the third one.

Azgarath
December 02, 2009, 09:24 PM
May i ask why do people think that when lucy gets all the zodiac keys her powers would be unmatched to any other spirit key mages in time to come? You people are forgetting something important and that is the mangaka has the power to introduce other types of keys which might even rival those of the zodiac keys which she is currently searching.

I can imagine other set keys like Tarot keys or even the chinese zodiac keys which are based purely on animals. And even tarot keys would have a lot of design space for him that there would be so many possibilities.

As a conclusion what i`m trying to say is that even if gemini were to come into Lucy's possesion there are still more things to come. Her having the set of zodiac keys when the story is still moving along is good as it creates more design space for keys and her character to grow when the plot thickens even further. I hope there r people who agree with me on this..

LoS
December 03, 2009, 04:06 AM
I am pretty sure I and a few others, have said that someone with only a single key could defeat someone with half of the zodiac's just because they have a higher degree of magic and strategy/understanding on how to use each single key most effectively

llamapie
December 03, 2009, 04:38 AM
May i ask why do people think that when lucy gets all the zodiac keys her powers would be unmatched to any other spirit key mages in time to come? You people are forgetting something important and that is the mangaka has the power to introduce other types of keys which might even rival those of the zodiac keys which she is currently searching.

I can imagine other set keys like Tarot keys or even the chinese zodiac keys which are based purely on animals. And even tarot keys would have a lot of design space for him that there would be so many possibilities.

As a conclusion what i`m trying to say is that even if gemini were to come into Lucy's possesion there are still more things to come. Her having the set of zodiac keys when the story is still moving along is good as it creates more design space for keys and her character to grow when the plot thickens even further. I hope there r people who agree with me on this..

I always assumed there were super rare keys that even she doesn't know of. Call em "ancient keys" if you will. Each of them unlocks a spirit god. That's my theory.

urlaub
December 03, 2009, 07:22 AM
Prediction: one of the ancient creature keys are Phoenix, dinosaur and Meduza?

P.S. Well, as I have seen Oda is a idol or has some importance for the Firy tail author, so why not?

Krono
December 03, 2009, 08:06 AM
Prediction: one of the ancient creature keys are Phoenix, dinosaur and Meduza?

P.S. Well, as I have seen Oda is a idol or has some importance for the Firy tail author, so why not?

Why not? Simple, Oda is not an idol of, nor does he have any particular importance for, Mashima.

Ultimaweapon
December 03, 2009, 09:57 AM
P.S. Well, as I have seen Oda is a idol or has some importance for the Fairy tail author, so why not?

Unique idol for Mashima is Toriyama, as it is for the Oda, kishimoto and a lot of mangaka.

Know the Term: nothing is created, everything copies.

kkck
December 03, 2009, 10:00 PM
That is a given of course.

I think that when Angel still remains in posession of Scorpio and Aries then his character reappears some time or another. Looking forward to that. I have like a personal addiction to see if Lucy gets all the golden keys or not.

Who could the most powerful sodiac be? I am betting on Scorpio or Leon. Maybe Aquarius or Capricorn are the third one.

We know for a fact the most powerful stellar spirit is the stellar spirit king. I always had the theory the one with the 12 zodiac keys will be capable of summoning him lol.

Between the stellar spirits we know it is kinda hard to tell who is the strongest. Scorpio has a gun thing so he might have quite a powerful long range attack. On the other hand leo is the combat specialist and his magic seems to work on short range. Aquarius has power over water which covers a extremely wide range. She probably is weak in close range combat. not sure if she can create her own water supply though. Cancer just does not seem that impressive but he has shown some skil. Taurus seems to be physically the strongest but that is about it. Gimini can copy but that just makes him as strong as whatever he copies. he is very versatile though. Aries and virgo seem to not be combat oriented. I think the strongest one is aquarius given the range and area her attacks cover. She is probably followed by either leo or scorpio. Dunno about Capricorn.

elitefox
December 04, 2009, 12:33 AM
We know for a fact the most powerful stellar spirit is the stellar spirit king. I always had the theory the one with the 12 zodiac keys will be capable of summoning him lol.

Between the stellar spirits we know it is kinda hard to tell who is the strongest. Scorpio has a gun thing so he might have quite a powerful long range attack. On the other hand leo is the combat specialist and his magic seems to work on short range. Aquarius has power over water which covers a extremely wide range. She probably is weak in close range combat. not sure if she can create her own water supply though. Cancer just does not seem that impressive but he has shown some skil. Taurus seems to be physically the strongest but that is about it. Gimini can copy but that just makes him as strong as whatever he copies. he is very versatile though. Aries and virgo seem to not be combat oriented. I think the strongest one is aquarius given the range and area her attacks cover. She is probably followed by either leo or scorpio. Dunno about Capricorn.

Aquarius seems to be that she can only be summoned in water areas. useless on land.

virgo is a digging machine haha, very useful in escaping I think... Aries seems to be a good distraction ;) The only thing I can think of her attack is head-butt, Scorpio looks like rambo :D

uekipheonix
December 04, 2009, 02:44 AM
lets not forget Sagitarious, xD
tho I am a bit dissapointed on his appearance, he looks like some weird crossdresser, lol

But I personally belive all the Lucy's steller spirits have yet to show their true appearance/potential. Like when Virgo changed according to masters skill and power, when Lucy become stronger so will the stellers ;)

btw: when will the next chappy comes out, I am dying to see what happens to Gerad Seigheart Mistgun, <-- thats his full name, imo, xD

kanjitano
December 04, 2009, 03:41 AM
About Lucy getting the keys from Angel, i think it´squite possible. I mean, when Lucy got Virgo´s key, it was because of two factors:
1) Virgo herself wanted to be Lucy´s stellar spirit
2) Evaroo was jailed, so the contract with Virgo was cancelled

and here are the proofs:
http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/17/12/
http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/17/13/

So, i think Lucy is going to get Gemini´s key, and Scorpio´s and Aries´s as well.

urlaub
December 04, 2009, 06:34 AM
But I personally belive all the Lucy's steller spirits have yet to show their true appearance/potential. Like when Virgo changed according to masters skill and power, when Lucy become stronger so will the stellers ;)

That is certainly a possibility to consider for Mashima. It would be like digimon or something. Also there is a possibility for a arc in the spirits world or an arc that has to do something with it. Then there could be played out a conflict among spirits or some bad spirit users and the good side. Like transformers eheh. :facepalm The bad brother of the spirit king, who has bad spirits who are used by bad users. Kind of predictable if my brain cells could think of it.

Ultimaweapon
December 04, 2009, 07:19 AM

Suppose this happens, then lucy never fight against another enemy stellar spirit?

urlaub
December 04, 2009, 07:32 AM
And that is where her keys are stolen and put to bad use. Or some other keys are revealed like ancient or mystic monster keys.No problem here. Some strong spirit mage can do without those 12 keys, as has been said a lot.

Unlucky Boy
December 04, 2009, 09:28 AM
I dont think there are any special/ancient/mytic/super keys. there are the 88 keys representing the 88 constellations (as Lucy said when she casted Urano metria http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/144/17/) +1 for the stellar spirit king which is the only superior key.

There could be of course other kinds of summon magics like mages who can summon the 72 demons of the lesser key of Solomon. That kind of mage can be a great rival for Lucy.

Krono
December 04, 2009, 09:37 AM
And that is where her keys are stolen and put to bad use. Or some other keys are revealed like ancient or mystic monster keys.No problem here. Some strong spirit mage can do without those 12 keys, as has been said a lot.

Lucy's keys can't be stolen and put to bad use. Stealing the keys would not break the contract with her. Ancient or mystic monster keys wouldn't make sense, as that wouldn't be Stellar Spirits, but something else.

It also ignores that many "mystic monsters" would already have silver keys by virtue of the fact that many of the famous ones also have constellations:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_constellations#Modern_constellations

Lee-tyme7
December 04, 2009, 12:56 PM
you do guys think Gerard was really an evil guy or just under bad influence? lol! Plus what was Erza about to say to him? maybe she loves him? but she can't cus he's going to jail forever. aww...forbidden love, huh.

Krono
December 04, 2009, 01:19 PM
you do guys think Gerard was really an evil guy or just under bad influence? lol! Plus what was Erza about to say to him? maybe she loves him? but she can't cus he's going to jail forever. aww...forbidden love, huh.

He was evil. Specifically he was brainwashed into being evil, but evil because he listened to the voice in his head and his own hatred doesn't make him less evil.

Solfy
December 04, 2009, 01:53 PM
Erza's sentence could have been various things, so you can't be too sure about it, but I guess "I love you" still makes it as the most likely choice.

Gerard wasn't really evil. I like comparing him to Siegfried Schtauffen from the Soul Calibur series.

1) Both guys are pretty young (well, Siegfried is 16, but still) when they have to suffer something spirit-breaking, a incredible trauma. Gerard was almost tortured to death, Siegfried killed his own father without understanding it.

2) Both guys went mad shortly after. Gerard, consumed with rage and hatred, Siegfried, just went completely mad and tried to convince himself someone else killed his father, and that he had to avenge his death.

3) Their madness is further increased. Gerard is manipulated by Zeref/Urtear, and brainwashed. Siegfried, after an incredible battle manages to reach Soul Edge, the Soul Sword that his twisted mind made him believe the only weapon able to kill his father murderer. The Sword actually has a soul, and a pretty evil one. It takes possession of Siegfried's body, turning him into the infamous Azure Knight, Nightmare.

4) When they're finally defeated, both of them regain their sanity. Only temporary for Siegfried, who will have numerous alignement changes, before finally turning good once and for all, we'll see about Gerard.

For me, Gerard's good part was merely locked very deep in his Soul, unable to fight his evil part, but you couldn't really call him evil, as what was the essence of his person, was the good part, not the evil one.

ChuckBartowski
December 04, 2009, 02:31 PM
Another friday release for you fine ladies and gents :)

Read online: http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/163-8/1
Download: http://www.sendspace.com/file/ke8b6l

uekipheonix
December 04, 2009, 02:48 PM
For me, Gerard's good part was merely locked very deep in his Soul, unable to fight his evil part, but you couldn't really call him evil, as what was the essence of his person, was the good part, not the evil one.

I agree. thats why when he lost memory he was a good person. Every one shows their true nature when they loose their memory. lol

chapter 163 has been translated by cnet, now all we have to wait is for a scantalation, xD

kkck
December 04, 2009, 03:38 PM
Shit, how epic is that lol. Keep em coming!

Unlucky Boy
December 04, 2009, 03:39 PM
Sometimes I'm truly upset with Mashima.
Erza should be able to cry only from one eye!

Krono
December 04, 2009, 03:41 PM
Sometimes I'm truly upset with Mashima.
Erza should be able to cry only from one eye!

Umm, no. She's been able to cry from both eyes since chapter 100.

Ultimaweapon
December 04, 2009, 04:04 PM
yes! the chapter 100 she learned shed tears in the artificial eye.
I doubt that Gerard be killed, should be the favorite character Mashina.

Draco1988
December 04, 2009, 04:08 PM
Lolz, back to the time we read scanslation without having RAW.
I like this chapter... the possible(?) conclusion for Gerard and Erza?

Kravmaga
December 04, 2009, 04:17 PM
Lolz, back to the time we read scanslation without having RAW.
I like this chapter... the possible(?) conclusion for Gerard and Erza?

It's not over til mistgun spills the beans. =)

I did like very much that natsu was the first to punch a fool in protest; he looked at how erza was miserable and did something about it instead of standing there amazed.

Meanwhile, the title for the next chapter "a guild for the sake of one person" leads me to believe that there's gonna be an explanation for Wendy being in cait shelter and that she might join FT after all since the nirvites don't really have a reason to exist plot-wise now that nirvana's totaled and might dissolve.

Solfy
December 04, 2009, 04:23 PM
That chapter was moving. The double page was incredibly beautiful. I'm mainly repeating what I already wrote at Onemanga. Can't wait to see what will happen next (I'm saying that each week), for a Gerard x Erza shipper like me, this was completely awesome.

zelllogan
December 04, 2009, 04:25 PM
Really great chapter there. It is surely not the last time erza see gerard. That's a given

Krono
December 04, 2009, 04:27 PM
It's not over til mistgun spills the beans. =)

I did like very much that natsu was the first to punch a fool in protest; he looked at how erza was miserable and did something about it instead of standing there amazed.

Meanwhile, the title for the next chapter "a guild for the sake of one person" leads me to believe that there's gonna be an explanation for Wendy being in cait shelter and that she might join FT after all since the nirvites don't really have a reason to exist plot-wise now that nirvana's totaled and might dissolve.

Good to see that I'm not the only one that thinks the next chapter will be about Wendy.

monkey D luffy
December 04, 2009, 05:43 PM
seeing the next chapter's name i think there are only a few options for it to be.
my money goes for fairy tail vs council after gerard gets death penelty.
it can also be how the guild deals with erza's grief or how wendy got to her guild. i still vote for my first suggestion

hongoasdf
December 04, 2009, 05:48 PM

Ah! I failed to see what the next chapters name could mean. This makes a lot of sense.

Anyways, quite an emotive chapter.

But even more amazing is the speed at which these guys release. Seriously... two weeks ago it was Sunday, last week a Saturday, and now a Friday? And not to mention the amazing quality. I'm falling in love /squee

Krono
December 04, 2009, 06:42 PM
Ah! I failed to see what the next chapters name could mean. This makes a lot of sense.

Anyways, quite an emotive chapter.

But even more amazing is the speed at which these guys release. Seriously... two weeks ago it was Sunday, last week a Saturday, and now a Friday? And not to mention the amazing quality. I'm falling in love /squee

I'm impressed by their raw provider, but as far as their scans go, they won't rise above decent as long as they have that pointless watermark.

LoS
December 04, 2009, 06:44 PM
Not a fan of the chapter in the slightest, Mashima failed on so many continuity errors it was just foolish.

Natsu the brash young man who is determined to protect and fight for the feelings of his friends is easily overpowered by sheer man power. Ummmm let me think about this one..... total bull shit. Natsu would in one stroke render them all into cinders.

The only thing I found interesting from this chapter was the fact that Gerard is Spanish and most likely should have tanned skin along with all the other clones/dragon buffers of him.

Gats
December 04, 2009, 07:05 PM
The only thing I found interesting from this chapter was the fact that Gerard is Spanish and most likely should have tanned skin along with all the other clones/dragon buffers of him.

Is the translation is perfect "Gérard" with accent is the french version of Gerard and Fernandes is spanish. So which one ? :tem

They are all over reacting, it's almost BS. Well no surprise for Natsu, but Juran....wtf ?

Solfy
December 04, 2009, 07:20 PM
I don't know if you could call it "over-reactive". The council is basically saying that in the best possible scenario, Gerard will never be free again.

Jura is a man of honor, who values virtue, his reaction isn't very hard to understand.

However, they're certainly acting recklessly, without thinking about the consequences. This chapter qualifies, for me, as the best FT chapter to date. One of the best, that's a given.

hongoasdf
December 04, 2009, 07:22 PM
Not a fan of the chapter in the slightest, Mashima failed on so many continuity errors it was just foolish.

Natsu the brash young man who is determined to protect and fight for the feelings of his friends is easily overpowered by sheer man power. Ummmm let me think about this one..... total bull shit. Natsu would in one stroke render them all into cinders.

Only explanation I could come up with for that is that the Rune Knights of this new council are not just your average small fry. There was bound to be someone who can use restraining magic or something of the sort among those numbers. Also, Natsu was tired form his fight with Zero.

beastboy
December 04, 2009, 07:32 PM
Lovely chapter.. I don't care about Natsu not using his powers.. its like luffy not using his rubber when punching the Tenryuubito.. there are moments were powers ruin the scene..
It was well done.. T_T
And Erza crying at the end.. it was so sad, but so beautifull.. and the last scene needs some colours!

Solfy
December 04, 2009, 07:34 PM
Yes, that double page definately needs some colours. Oh, and enjoy this chapter guys, because it was published in a double-issue. No chapter next week.

Chaos Shadow
December 04, 2009, 07:41 PM
Yes, that double page definately needs some colours. Oh, and enjoy this chapter guys, because it was published in a double-issue. No chapter next week.

NO CHAPTER NEXT WEEK!!!?!??
:(

Solfy
December 04, 2009, 07:45 PM
No. And the next chapter we'll have will also be in a double issue, so that means waiting two weeks again.

Erza Scarlet
December 05, 2009, 01:16 AM
No chapter next week.

There's another reason for crying T___T

this chapter was beautiful and emotive, Erza almost made cry, this is so sad, the fact she remembered that her second name was given by gerard is cute, Natsu and co were hilarious fighting against the soldiers but at the end OMG this chapter is mournful, it's frustrating that Erza can't do anything, I hope Mashima doesn't dare to kill Erza's love, thus Erza could have a conjugal visit with Gerard each week xDDDDD

pd: ohhh Gerard is spanish or portuguese, because in spain and south america that type of second names finish with ''z'' (fernández) and in brasil and portugal are with ''s'' (Fernandes) anyway that's a hot name xD that explains why he is so attractive.

urlaub
December 05, 2009, 07:57 AM
Is Erza into Gerard? Those bunny's seem odd. What kind if hint should this be? A Gerard rescue arc? Fairy's going against the magic council?

Plus Lahr seems like a woman in some aspects:)

Prediction: after Gerard rescue arc, Gerard and Mistgun's relationship is revealed and Gerard unites with the fairy's and then they are totally powerful. After that there comes the arc of another dark guild. And maybe one Dragon slayer pops out again. It is certainly possible that there are more dragons than 3. I mean, maybe a water/ dragon or a earth dragon or a sand dragon. Why not? Stone dragon too. Maybe the next dragon salyer is in one of the dark guilds?

What is up with Natsus cat? Is there more to it? As I remember he was borne out of an egg. Is he some young monster? Will he grow bigger? And Wendy has one too, but the metal guy doesn't have one. Has Mashima said something somewhere about it?

Gats
December 05, 2009, 08:37 AM
I don't know if you could call it "over-reactive". The council is basically saying that in the best possible scenario, Gerard will never be free again.

Jura is a man of honor, who values virtue, his reaction isn't very hard to understand.

However, they're certainly acting recklessly, without thinking about the consequences. This chapter qualifies, for me, as the best FT chapter to date. One of the best, that's a given.

He has awake only for hours, we don't even know if he would remind his past. It's normal to begin to not let this guy free. The consequence with the new Council is obvious, Natsu and co should not expect forgiveness and no action from the high ranks guys.

I do not say that what is waiting for Gérard is fair (death or jail forever) but there is nothing to say about arresting him. So what about the good oreis seis ? They didn't go so reckless about him, yet there is a higher possibility for him to remain good than Gérard.

Jura should not be acting so recklessly for someone like him, even if it's not fair for him. I guess I can understand reaction from a bunch of teenagers.
But there would not be so much reaction if Gérard was not so important for Erza.

Solfy
December 05, 2009, 09:42 AM
But there would not be so much reaction if Gérard was not so important for Erza.

Of course, that's why it seems a bit unfait for the poor Hoteye.

But again, Hoteye's crimes are nothing compared to Gerard's. Hoteye may not even go to jail, depending on his trial. I bet we're gonna see the trials btw. The next chapter might be either about Wendy, about Erza, or about the whole FT guild going to Gerard's trial imo.

Oh, and about Jura, let's speak about it in another way. That's during these moments that RPG Alignments come in handy. Jura is good, obviously. He's just not Lawful, or even Neutral, more like Chaotic Good. The whole Fairy Tail guild is actually Chaotic Good anyway. Most of the good guys in FT are Chaotic Good in fact, and it's actually really cool. They can't stand authority, and wouldn't hesitate to go against the law if they didn't find it fair, yet, they're acting for what they think is the best, and are always willing to help/assist their comrades or even people they don't know much.

That's why Fairy Tail, much like One Piece or even GTO, contains a light anarchist message.

urlaub
December 05, 2009, 10:12 AM
They can't stand authority, and wouldn't hesitate to go against the law if they didn't find it fair, yet, they're acting for what they think is the best, and are always willing to help/assist their comrades or even people they don't know much.

That's why Fairy Tail, much like One Piece or even GTO, contains a light anarchist message.

Well for me it's like morality/bonds come first and strict principles of justice, which do not apply very well directly to particular cases(are leaving out important cicumstances) come second and they are in conflict. But certainly you can interpret the konflikt in anarchist terms. Each sort of power is corrupt and bad. Well I think the Kingdom of Fiore certainly has a possibility of just souvereign, therefore they are opposed not to state or church, but immoral or unflexible power.

Gats
December 05, 2009, 10:12 AM
Hoteye participated to the awakening of one of the most fearful weapon in this world for evils goals and was part of one of the most infamous dark guild. Even compared to Gérard, these are nothing to be taken lightly.

Solfy
December 05, 2009, 10:37 AM
It is, imo. Hoteye was already good when Nirvana awakened, and Hoteye never was as much of a menace Gerard was. The guy tricked the most powerful magical institution into using its most powerful weapon, Aetherion, in order to revive the (that's a lot of "most powerful") most powerful dark mage who ever existed.

That's really two different things.

@ urlaub : It's not really about being corrupted or bad, it's just that the Council, and the law, even if their alignment is good, can't adapt to situations. They're just cold peace bringers, who can only think in some way : The law is right. That's how are Lawful Good characters. Sometimes, what they think is good turns out bad, and yet they do not care about it at all.

Gats
December 05, 2009, 11:32 AM
It is, imo. Hoteye was already good when Nirvana awakened, and Hoteye never was as much of a menace Gerard was. The guy tricked the most powerful magical institution into using its most powerful weapon, Aetherion, in order to revive the (that's a lot of "most powerful") most powerful dark mage who ever existed.

That's really two different things.

@ urlaub : It's not really about being corrupted or bad, it's just that the Council, and the law, even if their alignment is good, can't adapt to situations. They're just cold peace bringers, who can only think in some way : The law is right. That's how are Lawful Good characters. Sometimes, what they think is good turns out bad, and yet they do not care about it at all.

Hoteye became good because of the power of Nirvana, he wasn't in the good side before. And Nirvana is as dangerous as Aetherion or the dark mage if you remember his features, the nature of danger is just different.

Whatever, I didn't want to argue that it was or not more dangerous than another weapon, my point is it was really dangerous enough to put him in jail.

It's not that the law is right, it's just that the law...is the Law. It's here to maintain order, right or not.

Krono
December 05, 2009, 12:51 PM
A couple things I don't think people are noting about Laharl.

First, he gave Gerard time to speak a few words of parting. Rather than "The prisoner is not allowed to speak!", it was "Sure you've said everything you want to? You're punishment is going to be heavy enough that you probably won't get another chance to talk to anyone here."

Second, he didn't arrest anyone else. He ordered Natsu and company to be arrested for obstruction, and aiding escape, but once Erza put a stop to it, he let it all slide. He did that even though he had several men banged up and knocked out and Erza said she'd take responsibility. They might not even get a complaint from the council over it.

As for why the big commotion about Gerard and not Richard; Richard knew what his crimes were, and only had a strong connection(relatively speaking) to Jura. Jura was willing to accept that Richard needed to face justice for his crimes.

For Gerard on the other hand, he doesn't really know at the moment exactly what his crimes were, he had a strong connection to several of them, and Erza wasn't willing to accept that Gerard had to face justice. So once Natsu jumped it, that triggered other to act, either in support of Erza, or in support of Natsu.

As for why Natsu wasn't using his magic, well one they're all very tired. They've been up for close to 24 hours straight. They spent that much of that time running around, fighting hard, and nearly getting killed. Not exactly prime conditions of effortless displays of power. Furthermore, I doubt any of them are in the habit of attacking the council's representatives. They're the "good guy" so they simply don't fall into the mental category of "acceptable targets to go all out on." Remember Erza being tried just so the council could maintain it's authority? Or the Rune Knights showing up to arrest and question everyone at the end of the Phantom Lord arc?

Solfy
December 05, 2009, 02:21 PM
I'm afraid you're wrong. Hoteye was already in the good side when Nirvana awakened. Nirvana changed alignments when it was in its passive state. Nirvana awakened way later, and Hoteye was therefore already good. The only bad thing he did, that we know, would be being in a dark guild.

urlaub
December 05, 2009, 02:43 PM
Well I remember Hoteye was with one foot in the dark side. And then Nirvana changed him, because he was eith one foot in the good side. And because he had that goodness hidden in him, then he became good. Thats pretty much it for me. There is no dilemma here.

Gats
December 05, 2009, 03:40 PM
I'm afraid you're wrong. Hoteye was already in the good side when Nirvana awakened. Nirvana changed alignments when it was in its passive state. Nirvana awakened way later, and Hoteye was therefore already good. The only bad thing he did, that we know, would be being in a dark guild.

You're wrong, here the canon facts :

Hoteye, the bad guy :
http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/141/05/

Nirvana awakening :
http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/141/17-18/

Nirvana working => switching dark and light :
http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/142/02/

Hoteye, the good guy :
http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/142/15/
http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/142/16/

urlaub
December 05, 2009, 04:03 PM
The last pic is supreme dream. Yeah that is pretty much it. There is no problem here. Why argue?
But I think we will see hoteye again. Maybe fairies will save him also, when they are revolting against this woman-like security guy who is working with the new council and his team. Could he belong to Fairy tail? They would be too powerful. What do you guys think about the rescue arc possibility?

Unlucky Boy
December 05, 2009, 05:19 PM
I dont think there's going to be a whole arc about rescuing Gerard from prison.
There's probably going to be a trial and FT are going to testify and support Gerard in front of the council.

Solfy
December 05, 2009, 06:09 PM
Huh no, I was talking about Nirvana being the spider thing. That is its true form and purpose, so that's what I call "awakening".

We may have merely misunderstood.

-> Unlucky Boy : I like that theory. I could very well see that happen.

LoS
December 05, 2009, 10:41 PM
I'm all for this Gerard biting the dust, there's likely 6 other's out there just like him including Mist Gun. Aint no significant loss other than Ezra being a little cry baby a bit more.

Aikidoka
December 06, 2009, 01:04 AM
I think Gerard should go to prison or pay somehow for his past crimes. Him losing his memories was to me, akin to "ohai im liek good nao so u can 4get about my evulz"...like an excuse. This chapter at least means that Gerard can atone for his evil deeds. Until he does, I can't accept him as a good guy.

LoS
December 06, 2009, 02:51 AM
I can see it now, some dark guild swoops in and manipulates Gerard after they break him out, they then make him the face of all their evil deeds. I swear if this happens I will give up reading this story, but I can actually see this happening sadly. Not above Mashima to get rid of the favorite character.

Gats
December 06, 2009, 05:50 AM
Huh no, I was talking about Nirvana being the spider thing. That is its true form and purpose, so that's what I call "awakening".

We may have merely misunderstood.

-> Unlucky Boy : I like that theory. I could very well see that happen.

Then your point is meaningless.

Hoteye changed side by a machine, that's a fact.
The fact that Nirvana was completed after he turned to the good side doesn't change anything about his past actions. Even if he was still bad, the Nirvana would be completed because of all the work him and his dark guild made for it. It doesn't change de the fact that they woke up the "villain" Gérard in order to use the weapon.

Solfy
December 06, 2009, 06:27 AM
Nah, my point was, Hoteye was already in the good side when Nirvana was turned into a mass destruction machine ;). The only "bad" thing, in that arc, he really did was participating to the awakening of Gerard. And being in a dark guild, obviously.

His past actions, still aren't much of a deal, the ones we know at least. What did he do towards Nirvana ? He tried to find it ? No, crime, I'm afraid so, you can't jail someone because "I'm sure he was gonna do that and that" and assumptions. Gerard re-activated Nirvana, Hoteye didn't even go near.

Gats
December 06, 2009, 06:48 AM
Nah, my point was, Hoteye was already in the good side when Nirvana was turned into a mass destruction machine ;). The only "bad" thing, in that arc, he really did was participating to the awakening of Gerard. And being in a dark guild, obviously.

His past actions, still aren't much of a deal, the ones we know at least. What did he do towards Nirvana ? He tried to find it ? No, crime, I'm afraid so, you can't jail someone because "I'm sure he was gonna do that and that" and assumptions. Gerard re-activated Nirvana, Hoteye didn't even go near.

Hoteye was not alone, he was part of the Dark guild which activated the weapon by Gérard, the awakening of Gérard = awakening of Nirvana, since it's what they wanted, Gérard was a tool for this. When you're in a group which has done bad stuff, you're at least an accomplice, you are not clean at all.

urlaub
December 06, 2009, 07:06 AM
For me it is clear now: Hoteye and Gerard will join the Fairies. Fairies just become too powerful in my oppinion. THey like have the goldenket queen and 2 dragonslayers, plus 2 nakama who can turn into monsters. Plus Erza, Gray and a lot of other strong guys. I mean, mist gun and that guild heart or something. Altough tjeir power grows I like it. I am addicted to their power growth.
The other possibility is some dark guild will reach Gerard before the fairies and then he turns to the dark and then to the light again. Finally the good wins anyhow.

Solfy
December 06, 2009, 08:16 AM
I do agree with you that Hoteye isn't clean. However, his crimes aren't much. He's not to be compared to what Gerard has done at all. They're simply not into the same category of villains.

Gerard could be part of Fairy Tail, but only if he was still amnesic. He'd be too damn powerful to belong to a guild if he was to wake up. The guy could have beaten Zero easily, without any kind of power-up if you ask me.

Krono
December 06, 2009, 11:47 AM
For me it is clear now: Hoteye and Gerard will join the Fairies. Fairies just become too powerful in my oppinion. THey like have the goldenket queen and 2 dragonslayers, plus 2 nakama who can turn into monsters. Plus Erza, Gray and a lot of other strong guys. I mean, mist gun and that guild heart or something. Altough tjeir power grows I like it. I am addicted to their power growth.
The other possibility is some dark guild will reach Gerard before the fairies and then he turns to the dark and then to the light again. Finally the good wins anyhow.

Hoteye is not going to join Fairy Tail. If he joins any guild, it'll be Lamia Scale where Jura is.

urlaub
December 06, 2009, 11:55 AM
Why not? Erza is a friend of his lost brother. It's a semi-reason at least. Why not, I mean, is there any reason?

Unlucky Boy
December 06, 2009, 01:35 PM
I dont know if FT are really overpowered...we just know their mages the best.
No doubt Erza, Mistgun, Lluvia and Gildartz are very strong but none of them is a holy mage. they are acknowledged inside their guild as S-rank mages but they still havent impressed the council enough to get the holy mage title.
The only holy mage in FT is Makarov who isnt active really and his next fight might also be his last as it seems. There are 9 more holy mages in the world and some of them might even belong to the same guild. Jura which is one of them isnt the master of his guild so it could be that Lamia scale's master is also a holy mage.

Krono
December 06, 2009, 01:37 PM
Why not? Erza is a friend of his lost brother. It's a semi-reason at least. Why not, I mean, is there any reason?

Erza's a friend of his brother, but his brother isn't at Fairy Tail. If he joins a guild instead of trying to track down his brother, he'd join Lamia Scale where his friend Jura is.

Very few villains that turned good joined Fairy Tail. Leon and his crew joined Lamia Scale, and Erza's friends went off to see the world. The only villains that joined Fairy Tail are Jubia and Gazille. I see Hoteye falling into the same category as Leon, joining the normal guild he has the strongest connection to, which would be Lamia Scale.

Solfy
December 06, 2009, 02:58 PM
So ->

Makarov -> Holy Mage
Jose -> Holy Mage (even if it's former, I doubt he was replaced)
Gerard -> Holy Mage (same applies)
Urtear -> Holy Mage ? (same applies if she was one, the which I'm not too sure about)
Jura -> Holy Mage

Counting Urtear in, there's still at least 4 Holy Mages we don't know. They might not belong to any guild, much like Gerard though.

Unlucky Boy
December 06, 2009, 03:22 PM
Gerard and Urtear are not holy mages, they were council members which I believe is a higher rank.
http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/1/02-03/

Erza Scarlet
December 06, 2009, 04:21 PM
Gerard and Urtear are not holy mages, they were council members which I believe is a higher rank.

is true that Urtear isn't holy mage just a council member, but gerard does is

http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/46/11/

http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/47/14/

Krono
December 06, 2009, 05:49 PM

As has been said, Gerard was a Holy Mage while Urtear was not. The two opening that was spoken of likely referred to the positions left vacant by Jose being arrested, and Gerard committing treason. Furthermore council member is a position, not a power rank.

So Makarov and Jura are the known current holy mages, and Gerard and Jose left two positions open. So there should be six more floating around assuming that the openings don't get filled in a hurry.

LoS
December 06, 2009, 10:35 PM
Holy mages aren't just decided by strength either, Jura is probably bottom barrel in strength compared to the rest of the 9. Meanwhile, I bet there are mages out their who are stronger than some of the 10 holy mages who are not even part of that group.

But yes it would be good to learn the identity of the other half, and the old head of the Magic council.

urlaub
December 07, 2009, 05:05 AM
Who is the old head of the magic council? Can someone give me a page where I can see power hierarchies and character detail.

Evil3ye
December 07, 2009, 09:15 AM
eww poor Erza. The chapter was really great, so much soul <3

And damn that Mashima made me like Gerald now after all :D

Chaos Shadow
December 07, 2009, 09:21 AM
Who is the old head of the magic council? Can someone give me a page where I can see power hierarchies and character detail.

we havent saw the council´s previous head..mashima always hide him in a "magikal" shadow..

Lee-tyme7
December 07, 2009, 11:08 PM
wow, I don't think we've ever seen Erza cried like that before...she must of really love Gerard huh? C'on Natsu time for you to step up and comfort her like man. lol! ;)

kkck
December 07, 2009, 11:17 PM
wow, I don't think we've ever seen Erza cried like that before...she must of really love Gerard huh? C'on Natsu time for you to step up and comfort her like man. lol! ;)

Why would she love gerard? I guess she could love him but I honestly doubt she it is anything else other than friendship love. IDK why but I always had the impression that having the main characters in this manga fall in love would be a severe mistake on mashima's part. I just can't see erza, natsu and lucy having an actual romantic interest in this manga. I could see grey with one but only if mashima gives the guy a drastic change in demeanor(I don't think I actually phrased that right but not sure how else to say it).

LoS
December 08, 2009, 01:08 AM
Heck everyone in this manga is still a Virgin despite being in upper teen's to early twenties. The only exception being Kana most likely. Love takes a backseat in this series, friendship is 1000% more prevalent.

elitefox
December 08, 2009, 03:50 AM
maybe just an important friend... she is just a very angry to herself because she didn't save gerald that day and now she still can't save him...

Did Natsu react on his own? or did he see Erza with a sad face that's why he acted? I can get some conclusions in this :D

LoS
December 08, 2009, 05:04 AM
I really hope this is the absolute end, last screen time, for this particular Gerard/"someone" clone. But, I fear that some baddies will strike up some nefarious plan that will deal with breaking in and capturing Gerard them self and planning on using his body and/or mind for some ritual spell.

deffkryz
December 08, 2009, 08:36 AM
I really hope this is the absolute end, last screen time, for this particular Gerard/"someone" clone. But, I fear that some baddies will strike up some nefarious plan that will deal with breaking in and capturing Gerard them self and planning on using his body and/or mind for some ritual spell.

Nope. Next chapter's title indicates that a whole guild might be up to save Gérard... Most likely either Fairy Tail or Cait Shelter might defend him in front of the council. Maybe even Mistgun might drop in and say "hello"...

elitefox
December 08, 2009, 09:14 AM
Nope. Next chapter's title indicates that a whole guild might be up to save Gérard... Most likely either Fairy Tail or Cait Shelter might defend him in front of the council. Maybe even Mistgun might drop in and say "hello"...

Like mistgun will say "hello fake" :D

maybe mistgun will make them all sleep while making gerard escape lol

or will they defend him legally? Can't they just seal him or something, strip his powers.;)

Krono
December 08, 2009, 09:50 AM
Heck everyone in this manga is still a Virgin despite being in upper teen's to early twenties. The only exception being Kana most likely. Love takes a backseat in this series, friendship is 1000% more prevalent.

I wouldn't entirely rule out Mirajane as an exception. She had that whole "bad girl" image going on when she was younger, and she's still rather shameless and has a devilish side to her personality. Not anything as solid as Kana's got, but still plenty of room for it to be possible.

Did Natsu react on his own? or did he see Erza with a sad face that's why he acted? I can get some conclusions in this :D

Given that Natsu had several panels of watching Erza be conflicted, I'm pretty sure that Natsu acted due to Erza.

I kinda doubt that next chapter will launch into "save Gerard" It'd ruin the impact of this chapter, skip the remaining aftermath of the Nirvana battle such as Natsu and Wendy still need to talk, we haven't even seen the Cait Shelter folks since Nirvana's shot missed, we don't know what the status of Gemini's key is, the group on the airship needs to be brought up to speed, etc. So it'd be a huge jump to go into "saving" Gerard next chapter.

Plus people seem to forget that Fairy Tail is a big guild of around a hundred people. Most of them don't know Gerard from Zero. Also while they'll stick up for their guild mates in general, most of them are not Erza's close personal friends. So I highly doubt we'd see the entirety of Fairy Tail leaping to Gerard's defense/"rescue" just because Erza's sad.

Razh
December 08, 2009, 12:52 PM
I took it more like Makarov will, in the name of the guild, and for Erza's sake, demand a trial in which they will try to free Gerard.
He was controlled by a demonic wizard after all. The trial itself would probably capture the attention of Ur and her demonic master.
And I'm guessing Mistgun would have something to say about it too.

But that would kinda be sudden, considering our characters didn't even have a chance to rest. Well, who knows, each of the people who were involved in beating Oracion Six can serve as character witnesses.:p

I can definitely see all of them trying to find a solution right away. They were ready to fight for their comrade on the spot.

Oh, that's right, it doesn't have to be Makarov or Fairy Tail guild, it can be Cait Shelter too. He did help save them after all.

Lee-tyme7
December 08, 2009, 01:03 PM
maybe just an important friend... she is just a very angry to herself because she didn't save gerald that day and now she still can't save him...

Important friend? No, she's a strong, independent girl why would she cried so hard if she didn't have feelings for him? She was gonna tell him something but they were interrupted.
And Natsu was definitely watching Erza and that's why he lash out...for her not for Gerard.

LoS
December 08, 2009, 02:06 PM
I never once thought that the next chapter title referred to anything other than Cait Shelter and Wendy. They are all descendants of the Nirvit cult, while she is the single outcast.

As for the Mirajane demon side and her inhibitions, she was also incredibly young, like 15 or so. I think that is too young for a manga, not really real life, but a shounen manga it is virtually out of the question.

What I really need resolution on, is this damn Anima ordeal, we need Mist fail/Gerard to reveal what/who the heck Anima is, like right now.

Razh
December 08, 2009, 03:44 PM
What I really need resolution on, is this damn Anima ordeal, we need Mist fail/Gerard to reveal what/who the heck Anima is, like right now.

I can't remember in which chapter Anima was mentioned.

Anyway, it's "soul" in Latin.

Solfy
December 08, 2009, 04:00 PM
All in that chapter was made in order to show us that Erza likes Gerard. I'm amazed some people still aren't sure about that.

LoS
December 08, 2009, 05:36 PM
I can't remember in which chapter Anima was mentioned.

Anyway, it's "soul" in Latin.

yeah we already found that out, it was this arc Wendy telling us her history with "this" Gerard/Mist Gun/Which ever clone it was. So it is very pertinent to Wendy/Cait Shelter/Gerard...

Lee-tyme7
December 09, 2009, 01:04 AM
yeah we already found that out, it was this arc Wendy telling us her history with "this" Gerard/Mist Gun/Which ever clone it was. So it is very pertinent to Wendy/Cait Shelter/Gerard...

Clone?...Did they ever mention that Mist/Gerard are clones? Maybe they're twin?

uekipheonix
December 09, 2009, 03:35 AM
yeah I also belive they are some sort of brohers atleast o.o"

and I dont think FT will go all out for gerad, most likely cats tail will :)

llamapie
December 09, 2009, 04:04 AM
:P Think about it.

My hunch is that Mist Gun is Gerard.

That is seperate but the same. I believe at some point Gerard found his conscience irritating so he used an ancient magic and cast out the "good" in himself for his goals.

elitefox
December 09, 2009, 04:48 AM
Important friend? No, she's a strong, independent girl why would she cried so hard if she didn't have feelings for him? She was gonna tell him something but they were interrupted.
And Natsu was definitely watching Erza and that's why he lash out...for her not for Gerard.

Haha, does natsu have more than friendly feeling for her... though does he have a chance against a multi person with one face :facepalm
[hr]

All in that chapter was made in order to show us that Erza likes Gerard. I'm amazed some people still aren't sure about that.

Well, can't be too sure, love is like a hurricane nyoh!

LoS
December 09, 2009, 05:30 AM
Clone?...Did they ever mention that Mist/Gerard are clones? Maybe they're twin?

It's part of my pet theory, believing that there are 7 dragons, 7 dragon slayers, 7 gerard clones, 7 seals on Zeref's tomb. I believe the clones act as a buffer of some sort, but this is at the moment obviously a crackbrained theory with little to no evidence :D

urlaub
December 09, 2009, 08:17 AM
why seven dragons? Currently we know of 3. Who else?

Solfy
December 09, 2009, 11:50 AM
We can assume there are 7 dragons (therefore, 7 real dragon slayers), because they all disappeared on July (7/12) 7 year 777.

urlaub
December 09, 2009, 12:09 PM
What? They dissapeared on the sevent july(7,7) in the year 777--well this is five sevens?

deffkryz
December 09, 2009, 12:20 PM
What? They dissapeared on the sevent july(7,7) in the year 777--well this is five sevens?

well, if they disappeared at 7:07 it were seven sevens. :P

Seriously, this disappearance on July 7th, X777 was mentioned right after Natsu won his fight against Gajeel back in chapter... 66 or 69? Dunno and too lazy to look that up.

Solfy
December 09, 2009, 01:42 PM
I'm not talking about the NUMBER of sevens. I'm talking about 7 being everywhere. Oh, and if you count the 7 Dragons and the 7 Dragon Slayers, you'll have your 7 sevens :P

Pi3
December 09, 2009, 05:09 PM
Oh, no!
I am pretty sure, that you sholud multiply it!
so 7*7*777 = 38073
and we have 3 for now.
38070... looks like a long way to go.

Solfy
December 09, 2009, 05:48 PM
And they all wear those shoes ! http://www.amazon.fr/Sansibar-Chaussons-fille-rose-38073/dp/B002PHBBKY

Pi3
December 09, 2009, 08:26 PM
You mean dragons or the dragonslayers?

LoS
December 10, 2009, 12:48 AM
oh noez look what I have gone and up and done, I've gotten the board littered with the number 7, seven's everywhere. Ahhhhhh

heartangel
December 10, 2009, 10:50 AM
i doubt there will b 7 dragon slayers... as far as we know only 3 dragons had disappeared on that 7 date.... i m thinking it might hv sth to do with Lucy's mom she's dead on x777 date http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/68/16/

here's is how all those seven had been brought up (by Gazille ^^ http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/66/13/)

LoS
December 11, 2009, 12:53 AM
as far as we know only 3 dragons had disappeared on that 7 date

i hate to call you out, but this is a pretty asinine reason. Before we met Gazille there was only 1 that we knew of, before Grandine's orb talked to Igneel we only knew of 2, so on and so forth. Nothing stopping the introduction of true dragon slayers, thus more real dragons who disappeared.

What I really wanna see is a true dragon slayer in a dark guild, aka a evil dragon slayer.

Unlucky Boy
December 11, 2009, 04:01 AM
I think it's about time for another true DS to appear. Maybe someone is the new council, or maybe even Rahal.

And I still think there's a true lightning DS somewhere in the world, and he's going to die (or died already) so Luxus will take his place in the final arc.

urlaub
December 11, 2009, 09:13 AM
Prediction:
1)Fire Dragon Igneel is the strongest.
2)Then Gazille's dragon
3)Then wendys dragon
4)A lightning dragon
5) A water dragon(Loch Ness?)
6)A earth dragon
5)A sound dragon

Or something like that. Next dragon slayer will be from a dark guild and probably the lightning dragon slayer.

Solfy
December 11, 2009, 12:49 PM
And Luxus will own him. After all, the fake Dragon Slayers seem to be stronger than the true. Luxus was playing with Natsu and Gazille, and Cobra defeated Natsu.

Kravmaga
December 11, 2009, 02:53 PM
And Luxus will own him. After all, the fake Dragon Slayers seem to be stronger than the true. Luxus was playing with Natsu and Gazille, and Cobra defeated Natsu.

I wouldn't make that a rule just yet.
Natsu seems to have a much higher potential ceiling than cobra but whether it's from being a "real" dragon slayer or from being the male protagonist, I've got a hunch he'll be pulling out upgrades to his dragon force whenever needed. Regular natsu (not on a vehicle) is right on the edge with cobra. If he could eat fire, he could probably match him. Dragon force natsu would probably mercilessly beat the living fail out of him with his own snake. Luxus is the strongest character so far but, he's also got makarov's blood and the fucked up childhood that pushed him to work harder than natsu and co in order to surpass his gramps.

As for Luxus' future, I don't know what to say; if this weren't Fairy Tail, I'd say luxus is gonna get owned and his power nerfed upon becoming a good guy then show his own power without the crystals to save FT and makarov will say "see? you had power all along." But this is FT, the most unpredictable shounen I know, so maybe luxus will remain this strong and fairy law the crap out of people from now on?
I don't know but feels like FT is going for a feelgood ending right now with people being vindicated left and right. Not that it's a bad thing, I'd hate it to turn emo.

Solfy
December 11, 2009, 03:00 PM
I wasn't making it a rule, I was merely pointing out that the Dragon Slayer magic is being totally overrated. Everybody seems to think that Real Dragon Slayers are better than Fake ones, yet they always lost against them.

I'm not saying Fake DS are better, that'd be as stupid, I'm just showing that their type of magic (DS or not) doesn't matter at all. It's just a matter of individual and magical power, end of the line.

Oh, and I'm still betting on Luxus being way stronger than the real thunder DS if there's one.

Krono
December 11, 2009, 03:25 PM
Regarding the real dragon slayer vs fake dragon slayer power, I don't think there's that much of a difference. The real dragon slayers probably have more power/potential as far as dragon slaying magic goes. The difference comes in that the real ones use almost only their DS magic. Whereas the fake ones combine their DS magic with other magic. Cobra's mind reading and control of his snake was what carried him over Natsu, not DS skills alone. Likewise what made Luxus so much of a threat was that he was powerful in general, even before he started using his DS magic.

As for Luxus' future, I don't know what to say; if this weren't Fairy Tail, I'd say luxus is gonna get owned and his power nerfed upon becoming a good guy then show his own power without the crystals to save FT and makarov will say "see? you had power all along." But this is FT, the most unpredictable shounen I know, so maybe luxus will remain this strong and fairy law the crap out of people from now on?

It probably bears mentioning that characters in Rave the survived and turned good tended to keep using their Dark Bring (if they had one and it survived the fight,) even though it was technically evil.

Kravmaga
December 11, 2009, 03:28 PM
I wasn't making it a rule, I was merely pointing out that the Dragon Slayer magic is being totally overrated. Everybody seems to think that Real Dragon Slayers are better than Fake ones, yet they always lost against them.

I'm not saying Fake DS are better, that'd be as stupid, I'm just showing that their type of magic (DS or not) doesn't matter at all. It's just a matter of individual and magical power, end of the line.

Oh, and I'm still betting on Luxus being way stronger than the real thunder DS if there's one.

Touché.

Still, in my opinion the sample size is just way too small to talk as if the crystal ones were generally stronger... Betting on luxus as of now is pretty safe since imho he's pretty much the strongest mage we've seen so far (yeah, I think he's stronger than gerard, jose and zero). In any case, bringing that up can't be done without somehow going back into luxus' father's story, which makes me excited because we're getting closer to answers.

Besides, crystal dragon slayers feel cheap because this previously exclusive magic whose users all have something plot-relevant in common now is just another thing you could buy in the evil-mastermind-mart.

It probably bears mentioning that characters in Rave the survived and turned good tended to keep using their Dark Bring (if they had one and it survived the fight,) even though it was technically evil.

Thanks. I've been wanting to read rave for ages but sorta hesitate in fear of disappointingly stumbling onto a "prototype" of fairy tail. This bit just gave my curiosity all the jurisdiction to overrule. =)

Solfy
December 12, 2009, 05:41 AM
I guess you forgot Makarov. I mean, you can be unsure about Luxus being stronger or weaker than Gerard, Jose and Zero, but I think it's obvious for everyone that Makarov is stronger, isn't it ?

M.D.Ace
December 12, 2009, 09:06 AM
yep i also thknk luxus is stronger than makarov...he even sed it either wen he was going to use fairy law or after he'd used it. he said that he'd surpassed makarov. he wouldnt lie
and gerard is weak btw. its not debateble whether luxus is stronger than gerard
[hr]
whos anima?

Solfy
December 12, 2009, 09:54 AM
Gerard's weak ? Sure, it took Natsu going into Dragon Force mode by eating the purest and most powerful magic there is (and dropping Half-dead after finishing the fight) to stop him from wtfpwning everyone, but yeah, he's weak.

Luxus went down without Dragon Force (even if Natsu was half-dead again). So you know, there might be something going wrong with your point. More than might actually.

Makarov is stronger than Luxus, I thought that was a given for pretty much everyone who's been reading the manga long enough :x

Of course he'd say he has surpassed him, you know Luxus is kind of... narcissic or whatever you may call him. Though, that's just not true.

M.D.Ace
December 12, 2009, 10:16 AM
Gerard's weak ? Sure, it took Natsu going into Dragon Force mode by eating the purest and most powerful magic there is (and dropping Half-dead after finishing the fight) to stop him from wtfpwning everyone, but yeah, he's weak.

Luxus went down without Dragon Force (even if Natsu was half-dead again). So you know, there might be something going wrong with your point. More than might actually.

Makarov is stronger than Luxus, I thought that was a given for pretty much everyone who's been reading the manga long enough :x

Of course he'd say he has surpassed him, you know Luxus is kind of... narcissic or whatever you may call him. Though, that's just not true.

no luxus is stronger than makarov. all makarov cud do is go into that monster mode. dragon slayer is clearly the strongest type of magic. and why would luxus lie about surpassin makarov. luxus is makarov's son so is more likely than anybody else to know makarovs strength.

Zehahaha
December 12, 2009, 10:41 AM
no luxus is stronger than makarov. all makarov cud do is go into that monster mode. dragon slayer is clearly the strongest type of magic. and why would luxus lie about surpassin makarov. luxus is makarov's son so is more likely than anybody else to know makarovs strength.

Are we reading the same manga ? It seems that you forgot avout Fairy Law, his fire spells and other spells, he isn't one of the strongest mages in the world, so to say that he only can turn into giant mode is little bit too much...

M.D.Ace
December 12, 2009, 11:12 AM
wen comparing luxus and makarov, fairy law is inapplicable cuz they can both use it... yh i remember his fire spells that wud totali get owned by luxus's lightning spells.....
i remember his other spells too,,,,,,,,,,that would totali get owned my luxus lightning spells -_-......which jus leavs us with the going monster mode spell. and again, clearly dragon slayer magic is stronger

Unlucky Boy
December 12, 2009, 01:58 PM
I dont think Luxus is stronger than Makarov yet but he sure has the potential to grow stronger.

Makarov knows many kinds of magic including lightning magic
http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/65/10/ (which seems even stronger than Luxus's magic).

And btw Luxus is Makarov's grandson, not his son.

Oh and I also dont think DS is the strongest magic in the world. Zeref was the greatest mage ever and he's not a DS (as far as we know).

Kravmaga
December 12, 2009, 03:13 PM

Look, I respect your opinion but my point isn't trying to quantify his strength; I hate doing that.
My point was simply that luxus happened to be amazingly strong and the fact he happened to be a crystal dragon slayer is just part of a whooping two-anecdote correlation on a 5 entry sample size. Take a step back: when's the last time someone managed to predict a significant turn of events with evidence like this in a manga, let alone in fairy tail?

Bad guys are introduced as stronger than good guys initially; that's how the direction the shounen world revolves. The fact that he was a fake dragon slayer was just another plot twist, effective or not, a coincidence. They aren't stronger until mashima says that either the crystals enhances strength and speed or they are able to eat more convenient things.

Finally, I just going to comment on makarov because he's been one of favorite characters since the egg omake. There's no question Luxus used to be looking up to him as a rival in his quest to grow taller than his shadow. But Makarov is old! I'd call his battle vs phantom but serisouly, the way polushka worded his condition during the luxus arc, I honestly thought he'd die at the end.

Imho, luxus did surpass him in strength but the whole point of the arc was that he had lost sight of more important things whilst.
Even if he hadn't, it doesn't dilute the fact Luxus has almost no match in the manga so far.

LoS
December 12, 2009, 07:49 PM
I believe Gildartz is and has been the strongest Fairy Tail guild member for quite some time now. This is not to say that Gildartz in his prime was stronger than Makarov in Makarov's prime, but it has been clearly illustrated that Makarov has definitely lost a step with old age.

As for Luxus being uber powerful, yet being taken out by Natsu in non Dragon Force mode. I think people are foolishly forgetting that Luxus just exhausted a very extensive amount of his magical power. Remember he was saving up his power so he could duel with Makarov, but he decided to use a huge amount of his magical power by casting Fairy Law. That depleted Luxus of soooo much of his magical strength.

I also don't believe that a head to head battle between Ivan and Luxus would turn out well for Luxus. I believe that Ivan, Luxus' father would most definitely be the victory in that battle.

And as for the people taking Luxus' line about "surpassing Makarov" it is clearly a case of conceit. Writers do this all the time, they have a character state that they are more powerful than Person X, when in fact it is either their own delusion, conceit, or ignorance leading them to make the claim. Characters always want to hype themselves up, and say "I am the strongest person in the world, yada yada yada..." when in reality that is never the case.

Solfy
December 12, 2009, 08:11 PM
Look, I respect your opinion but my point isn't trying to quantify his strength; I hate doing that.
My point was simply that luxus happened to be amazingly strong and the fact he happened to be a crystal dragon slayer is just part of a whooping two-anecdote correlation on a 5 entry sample size. Take a step back: when's the last time someone managed to predict a significant turn of events with evidence like this in a manga, let alone in fairy tail?

Bad guys are introduced as stronger than good guys initially; that's how the direction the shounen world revolves. The fact that he was a fake dragon slayer was just another plot twist, effective or not, a coincidence. They aren't stronger until mashima says that either the crystals enhances strength and speed or they are able to eat more convenient things.

Finally, I just going to comment on makarov because he's been one of favorite characters since the egg omake. There's no question Luxus used to be looking up to him as a rival in his quest to grow taller than his shadow. But Makarov is old! I'd call his battle vs phantom but serisouly, the way polushka worded his condition during the luxus arc, I honestly thought he'd die at the end.

Imho, luxus did surpass him in strength but the whole point of the arc was that he had lost sight of more important things whilst.
Even if he hadn't, it doesn't dilute the fact Luxus has almost no match in the manga so far.

I wasn't answering to you, I respect your opinion/points and wouldn't be as agressive towards you.

I was merely replying to M.D.Ace, because people just not knowing crap about what they just read irritates me a lot. Saying that Luxus is stronger than Makarov just because he said so or that Gerard is weak (while he was actually the one who overpowered Natsu the most, and even when Natsu was in Dragon Force mode, arguably lost cause of the wound Erza inflicted him, rendering him unable to deal the finishing blow) is... yeah, irritating.

And I definately agree with Unlucky Boy. People should stop to overhype DS.

LoS
December 13, 2009, 12:20 AM
Uh Oh!!!! Chapter 164 is so far two days later in being released than the previous 3 chapters. But then I remembered, sadly, last week's was a double issue :( so no chapter this week unfortunately.

soulbane_zp
December 13, 2009, 06:01 AM
Uh Oh!!!! Chapter 164 is so far two days later in being released than the previous 3 chapters. But then I remembered, sadly, last week's was a double issue :( so no chapter this week unfortunately.

12.21.09 - chapter 164
1.6.10 - chapter 165

LoS
December 13, 2009, 06:14 AM
1.6.10 - chapter 165

that's no good, another break coming up, and only one chapter between the two breaks. Well if this coming chapter, 164, is completely bad ass I might forgive the breaks.

mr.danly
December 13, 2009, 07:17 PM

It's been stated that Makarov can use all different types of magic to some extent. He prefers going into giant mode, but he is perfectly capable of using almost all, if not actually all, types of magic to the highest level. So there is truly no way in hell that Luxus is stronger than Makarov.

din_84
December 14, 2009, 10:29 PM
no manga this week?
usually mangastream will have it online by last saturday.

Kravmaga
December 14, 2009, 10:43 PM
no manga this week?
usually mangastream will have it online by last saturday.

No but double issue next week, apparently.

Krono
December 14, 2009, 11:07 PM
No but double issue next week, apparently.

Not sure if you're aware, but for any that aren't aware; "double issue" for Shounen Jump and Shounen Magazine does not mean twice the content. It just means they count it as two issues as far as magazine numbers go.

So for example: the issue of Shounen Magazine that chapter 163 appeared in was #02-03 and had a street date of 12/9/09. The issue that chapter 164 will appear in is #04-05 and has a street date of 12/23/09. It's the publisher's way of giving their employees a break without screwing up the magazine numbering too much.

Kravmaga
December 15, 2009, 12:02 AM
Not sure if you're aware, but for any that aren't aware; "double issue" for Shounen Jump and Shounen Magazine does not mean twice the content. It just means they count it as two issues as far as magazine numbers go.

So for example: the issue of Shounen Magazine that chapter 163 appeared in was #02-03 and had a street date of 12/9/09. The issue that chapter 164 will appear in is #04-05 and has a street date of 12/23/09. It's the publisher's way of giving their employees a break without screwing up the magazine numbering too much.

Thanks. I sorta guessed from the fact that it was exactly the same deal last week and that I've never seen a weekly series come out with two chapters in one week, ever. But admittedly, it is a pretty attractive thought, if confusing thought.

LoS
December 15, 2009, 02:07 AM
this was covered on the previous page, for what it's worth. Sucks that two double issues in one month's time had to occur, we only get half the material unfortunately.

urlaub
December 15, 2009, 05:21 AM
OMG, I am commiting suicide, no fairy tail this week? Why god, why?

llamapie
December 15, 2009, 01:36 PM

Because you touch yourself at night.

Krono
December 15, 2009, 05:18 PM

Because the people running Shounen Magazine aren't slave drivers.

HappyStealer
December 15, 2009, 06:03 PM
Touché.

Still, in my opinion the sample size is just way too small to talk as if the crystal ones were generally stronger... Betting on luxus as of now is pretty safe since imho he's pretty much the strongest mage we've seen so far (yeah, I think he's stronger than gerard, jose and zero). In any case, bringing that up can't be done without somehow going back into luxus' father's story, which makes me excited because we're getting closer to answers.

Besides, crystal dragon slayers feel cheap because this previously exclusive magic whose users all have something plot-relevant in common now is just another thing you could buy in the evil-mastermind-mart.

Thanks. I've been wanting to read rave for ages but sorta hesitate in fear of disappointingly stumbling onto a "prototype" of fairy tail. This bit just gave my curiosity all the jurisdiction to overrule. =)

Well, since new generation dragon slayers are created by artificial means (lachyrma crystal being implanted), I would think it is no where near the full potential of ancient dragon slayer magic. Luxus was stronger because he is makarov's grandson so he's got some good genes as is LOL. Having the crystal implanted into him made him even stronger. And with the fight between cobra and natsu, cobra was able to eat his dragon's poison and listen to peoples thoughts which made him stronger. If natsu was able to eat fire and not have his moves predicted, the battle would of been finished quickly. Plus we haven't seen dragon force being used by fake dragon slayers so.....

Solfy
December 15, 2009, 06:22 PM
Yeah, but that's the whole point of artifical Dragon Slayers. They don't only rely on their Dragon Slayer ability, and that's why they have proven superior for now.

HappyStealer
December 15, 2009, 06:32 PM
Yeah, but that's the whole point of artifical Dragon Slayers. They don't only rely on their Dragon Slayer ability, and that's why they have proven superior for now.

Not technically since we haven't seen dragon force used on Luxus and so far there is nothing pointing to artificial dragon slayers being able to use dragon force. Also, I would think the hearing from Cobra is like Natsu's/Gazille's sense of smell. And Cerbios is a pretty weak dragon in comparison to igneel LOL

Solfy
December 15, 2009, 09:34 PM
Cuberios wasn't a dragon, I'm afraid so. It was Cobra's snake, and his only true friend.

While the sense of smell Natsu and Gazille have is definately useful, it doesn't even compare in usefulness to Cobra hearing everyone's thoughts. I thought that was pretty obvious.

Oh, and I'd like people to stop getting so much hyped over Dragon Force. The only two times we saw it was because Natsu got some lame power-up. You do realize he can't use it at will right ? He needs extremely precise conditions in order to activate it. That is to say, Gerard giving him the Golden Flame or Aetherion around.

So don't count on it too much in a battle.

elitefox
December 16, 2009, 12:34 AM
Well, since new generation dragon slayers are created by artificial means (lachyrma crystal being implanted), I would think it is no where near the full potential of ancient dragon slayer magic. Luxus was stronger because he is makarov's grandson so he's got some good genes as is LOL. Having the crystal implanted into him made him even stronger. And with the fight between cobra and natsu, cobra was able to eat his dragon's poison and listen to peoples thoughts which made him stronger. If natsu was able to eat fire and not have his moves predicted, the battle would of been finished quickly. Plus we haven't seen dragon force being used by fake dragon slayers so.....

cobra didn't eat his own poison lol

it was his snake like dragon who gave him that.

urlaub
December 16, 2009, 04:10 AM
Because you touch yourself at night.

That is right. Why didn't I see it earlier? Maybe because I touch myself at night with with Shonen Magazine slave drivers.

deffkryz
December 16, 2009, 05:47 AM
About that Real vs. Fake DS discussion... I believe that Fake DS can only hold the power in an amout of their implanted lachryma chrystals and thus aren't able to get beyond its limit. Dragon Force somehow is a mode that Real DS can use when they push themselves beyond that limit because they can hold a power amount inside their complete body.

that's no good, another break coming up, and only one chapter between the two breaks. Well if this coming chapter, 164, is completely bad ass I might forgive the breaks.

Well... It's Christmas and New Year's Eve ... It has always been that way, wasn't it?

Or - as a prediction:

Cait Shelter (without either Wendy nor Charle) is gonna get dismantled because they created Nirvana in the first place. They take the punishment they were ready to receive anyway - thus having a choice to free either Gérard or one of the Oraciòn (probably either Zero/Brain or Hoteye).

--> Wendy and Charle become FT members. Why? Well, look at the "Yokoso Fairy Hills!!" special's colorspread. I don't think Mashima placed them without such a particular reason into that scene. ;)

All I wonder about now is whether or not Wendy cured Natsu's motion sickness forever or if it'll come back in a few chapters.

Solfy
December 16, 2009, 07:23 AM
About that Real vs. Fake DS discussion... I believe that Fake DS can only hold the power in an amout of their implanted lachryma chrystals and thus aren't able to get beyond its limit. Dragon Force somehow is a mode that Real DS can use when they push themselves beyond that limit because they can hold a power amount inside their complete body.

Natsu can't push himself beyond that limit. He'd have stayed powerless and weak against Gerard and Zero if it wasn't for an exterior power-up.

So, I'm interested in knowing, what made you feel it was a kind of limit break, not to say super sayajin mode ? Because, really, the only clues we have for now go in the opposite way.

soulbane_zp
December 16, 2009, 12:44 PM

The chapter will probably be out this friday on mangastream.

Kravmaga
December 16, 2009, 04:23 PM

Well... It's Christmas and New Year's Eve ... It has always been that way, wasn't it?

Or - as a prediction:

Cait Shelter (without either Wendy nor Charle) is gonna get dismantled because they created Nirvana in the first place. They take the punishment they were ready to receive anyway - thus having a choice to free either Gérard or one of the Oraciòn (probably either Zero/Brain or Hoteye).

--> Wendy and Charle become FT members. Why? Well, look at the "Yokoso Fairy Hills!!" special's colorspread. I don't think Mashima placed them without such a particular reason into that scene. ;)

All I wonder about now is whether or not Wendy cured Natsu's motion sickness forever or if it'll come back in a few chapters.

I like that theory.
The only thing I don't really get is why you would consider brain/zero as a potential to be freed on cait shelter's behalf... Maybe you are alluding to past injustice that the nirvites committed against him, and why he was after them? Most likely, if it happens they'd free gerard because I really don't see brain turning good unless it turns out zero is some form of nirvana magic prototype possessing him.
The whole nirvite deal still wasn't really well explained, although it's plausible you're right.

Wendy joining FT is also above likely at this point.

Unlucky Boy
December 16, 2009, 05:07 PM
I totally forgot we still dont know why Brain wanted revenge on Cait Shelter? Why did he call Wendy the sky sorceress? (archive magic maybe?)

Will it be explained by the Cait Shelter master or will Brain return?

Chocolove77
December 16, 2009, 05:54 PM
Cat Shelter is composed of the descendant of Nirvana's creator: the Nirvit race and were the only who could seal up Nirvana like their ancestors did in the past. So Brain targeted Nirvana first to prevent that from happening. It's not really a revenge.

Lee-tyme7
December 17, 2009, 12:58 PM
Hey howcome this wk chapter is late? No chap this wk?

alphaclone01
December 17, 2009, 04:10 PM
Hey howcome this wk chapter is late? No chap this wk?

Someone said it on a previous page, but last week was a double issue so we didn't get anything new. This weeks chapter should be out here in a day or two, I would imagine MangaStream will have it out by Saturday unless there is some unforeseen delay.

LoS
December 17, 2009, 08:42 PM
Every Christmas/New Year's holiday this happens in Shounen Jump, its like a double issue, then basically 3 weeks wait for a new chapter.

But this isn't in SJ but another Shounen mag so I don't know their schedule, but I would imagine it is quite similar.

MechR
December 18, 2009, 01:09 AM
From what I've heard, there's a new chapter this week(ish), but the following week is another break.

LoS
December 18, 2009, 02:52 PM
that is correct, we might get the chapter anywhere from today to monday, but it is a double issue, meaning we will not have a chapter next week.

ChuckBartowski
December 18, 2009, 05:45 PM
New chapter is out, enjoy! discuss away!

http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/164-16/1

Solfy
December 18, 2009, 06:15 PM
Thanks for the hard work and the early release guys !

However... the chapter itself is quite bad. Predictable (by its name), and kind of uninteresting. I mean, that revelation (about the Nirvites) is useless for the future plot. I hoped at least to have some info on Gerard/Mistgun, relative to why he left Wendy there.

Well anyway, the emotion wasn't bad I guess, but I can't bring myself to consider Wendy interesting for now, so it went kinda... boring for me.

There's actually an interesting point in that chapter though. We definately know Gerard/Mistgun, whoever the one who rescued Wendy was, he definately called himself Gerard.

Oh, and Erza's like turning, totaly emo. They better rescue Gerard soon.

soulbane_zp
December 18, 2009, 06:53 PM
Thanks for the hard work and the early release guys !

However... the chapter itself is quite bad. Predictable (by its name), and kind of uninteresting. I mean, that revelation (about the Nirvites) is useless for the future plot. I hoped at least to have some info on Gerard/Mistgun, relative to why he left Wendy there.

Well anyway, the emotion wasn't bad I guess, but I can't bring myself to consider Wendy interesting for now, so it went kinda... boring for me.

There's actually an interesting point in that chapter though. We definately know Gerard/Mistgun, whoever the one who rescued Wendy was, he definately called himself Gerard.

Oh, and Erza's like turning, totaly emo. They better rescue Gerard soon.

I agree, it was a boring chapter. There was no need for the whole Nirvit explanation, which this chapter was all about, it could've been done in a couple of panels.

Judging by the title of the next chapter it too will be nothing special. I hope after 165 we get some new arc going on :amuse and not one involving another dark guild or Gerard please, give us Dragons! :D

Gats
December 18, 2009, 06:55 PM
Chapter's out.
http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/164-16/1