PDA

View Full Version : Predictions Buggy's future prospects

Fox666
December 02, 2009, 03:10 PM
I heard so many theories about Buggy future with his new crew!

So, Buggy has a new crew. All infamous prisoners from the past. Even Whitebeard recognized the danger of those loyal followers.

So will his future gonna be big, or he will fails as he always?

Will Galdino be his first mate?

Sachsenhesse
December 02, 2009, 03:37 PM
buggy for SHmember D:

i miss that part ^^

bittman
December 02, 2009, 05:52 PM
Buggy will probably keep a role much like what he already has. That is: "rival" to Luffy (doesn't mean he'll ever get near Luffy's strength) but also "ally" with him (a bit like he has in Impel Down. Run in a second, gloat when he helps out, etc).

I guess that means I'm stuck between option #1 and #4. He won't be a "true rival" to Luffy, but rather a pirate that pops up and the SH go "Buggy =(" .

Dice
December 02, 2009, 06:40 PM
I allways thought that Whitebeard meant they could turn out to be a problem because there is quite a number of them and they aren't weak but I don't think that they are very powerful.
That said I think that Buggy might somehow get a big position he actually doesn't deserve (at least powerwise). Furthermore there will be many times he will encounter the Straw Hats and Luffy will recognize him as an ally while others like Zoro and even Buggy aren't very pleased to meet eachother. Buggy will pretend to be a good friend of Luffy and might even try 'to start' something but it will always fail in a comical manner while Luffy isn't aware of anything. Of course it will be Luffy who will always be harmed by this.

Buggy's position will serve him greatly. Not only will he be able to scare weaker pirates (even if some of them could be stronger than him) but if he causes no trouble the big shots might just ignore him despite his position (they know he isn't strong).

frontaLobotomy
December 02, 2009, 07:16 PM
I'd imagine he'll go back to looking for the same treasure he's been after since he lost the map as a child. His bounty will no doubt exceed 100m. He'll remain antagonistic/friendly toward Luffy, and he may well meet up with Shanks again in the New World.

Bugzee
December 02, 2009, 08:54 PM
I can actually see Buggy as a Shichibukai! It can indirectly help Luffy & the SH's as well!!! It would be awesome if he does! He aims to become a Yonkou but ends up becoming a Shichibukai hahahaha! Shanks is a Yonkou and Buggy a Shichibukai! It works imo!!

chess4
December 02, 2009, 11:28 PM
buggy will be a big time pirate from now on(if only by his rep)................buggy will be a powerful ally for luffy in the future. i hope we get to see buggy and shanks side by side again.

oh yea...........im sure mr 3 will be buggy's new right hand man

Fox666
December 03, 2009, 12:44 AM
All that reminds me of this image:

http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/2949/buggyshanks1.th.jpg (http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/2949/buggyshanks1.jpg)

kkck
December 03, 2009, 06:16 PM
Buggy broke out of ID and is considered one of the main responsables for it. More so than jimbei or crocodile or ivankov.
Buggy was rogers nakama
Buggy is the alledged almost brother to shanks

IMHO and with no basis whatsoever I think buggy will be made a shichibukai. The little sucker will bluff his way to the top. He would appeal to the WG since he would be easy to control and scare the crap out of most pirates.

Bugzee
December 03, 2009, 06:54 PM
lol I'm a supporter of the "Buggy will be a shichibukai theory!!!" as well!!! :shakefist :XD

The shichibukai need a loving pirate like Buggy!!! hahaha :XD The fact that he got a one to one interview that was broadcasted all over the place lol is even more of a reason for Buggy to gain an important position in the pirate world! I so want it to happen! It would be awesome! Buggy a Shichibukai & his best pal Shanks a Yonkou sweeeeeeet :XD

urlaub
December 04, 2009, 04:31 AM
Buggy is a comic relief. The last one, because altough he now gets screen time hi is also developing. Everybody who gets screen time develops a deeper personality and maybe even strength. So I hope Buggy does not get screen time too much. That way he could stay as a comic relief. If he becomes a shichibukai the more funnier it is.

Metal D. Reaper
December 04, 2009, 05:57 AM
Buggy will not be a shishibukai because they see on you're strength not on the popularity let see umm BB was not popular at all and to the day almost nobody knew that he was the one who captured ace expect then for the WB pirates and the WG but the rest of the pirates didn't he wasn't even regonised as a big shot or a big problem to the WG now he is because he showed us his strength

urlaub
December 04, 2009, 06:15 AM
Well I'm not shure about this that the world didn't know about BBs catch. http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/486/03/

Dice
December 04, 2009, 03:17 PM
Buggy will not be a shishibukai because they see on you're strength not on the popularity let see umm BB was not popular at all and to the day almost nobody knew that he was the one who captured ace expect then for the WB pirates and the WG but the rest of the pirates didn't he wasn't even regonised as a big shot or a big problem to the WG now he is because he showed us his strength

It's not only his popularity. Most of the people will think that he is strong add to this his reputation he gained during the last arcs et voila: Buggy gains an important role.
I could even imagine that Sengoku looks right through Buggy but despite his lack of strenght grants him the position as shishibukai. His name will scare many pirates after the war or might bring him more allies.

All of Buggys doings which KKCK listed are a good reason to think that he is indeed strong. Blackbeard on the contrary IS indeed very strong but almos nobody knew about it. That's the reason why he had to show the WG his strenght. Therefore he captured Ace. Buggy doesn't need an act like this anymore.

kkck
December 04, 2009, 05:18 PM

The main purpose of the shichibukai is to intimidate other pirates and the reputation buggy has now would allow him to do that easily. BB wasn't famous before but he did make it a point to become that so that he could get his position. DOn't you remember why the guy was following luffy around? He wanted to make a name for himself, he wanted to be famous. Then he defeated ace, not a worthless little piece of shit rookie like luffy, the commander of WB second division, former shichibukai candidate a pirate whose name and power was known and feared by the world. BB might have been an unknown before that but the moment he defeated ace(without that much trouble I might add) his name became known to the world. Him not having a previous bounty probably just added to his fame(how strong must he be for the WG to grant him such a position without having a former bounty).

Razh
December 04, 2009, 07:19 PM
Buggy went to far to become a Shichibukai now. Anyway, WG knows that he doesn't have any real strength and they certainly wouldn't make a former Roger pirate one of Shichibukai. They hunted down and killed most of them.

It's a question whether Buggy would even want to be one of Shichibuka. I have a feeling he wouldn't.

kkck
December 04, 2009, 11:25 PM
Buggy went to far to become a Shichibukai now. Anyway, WG knows that he doesn't have any real strength and they certainly wouldn't make a former Roger pirate one of Shichibukai. They hunted down and killed most of them.

It's a question whether Buggy would even want to be one of Shichibuka. I have a feeling he wouldn't.

http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/549/11/
Actually it seems as if the marines see him as a serious threat lol. Considering all he has done I doubt the marines will let him be as if he was a normal pirate.

Fox666
December 05, 2009, 12:36 AM

It's a question whether Buggy would even want to be one of Shichibuka. I have a feeling he wouldn't.None of the Shichibukai did good things in the past. That's why the group still holds the largest bounties so far in the series.

And the WG knowing that Buggy is weak is best from them, they can manipulate him, differently from the other Shichibukai who does whatever they want.

Razh
December 05, 2009, 04:45 AM
None of the Shichibukai did good things in the past. That's why the group still holds the largest bounties so far in the series.

And the WG knowing that Buggy is weak is best from them, they can manipulate him, differently from the other Shichibukai who does whatever they want.

Again, Roger pirates are different. They hunted almost the entire crew and they would surely kill a weakling with no real fame. Remember, only the inmates really think that he's a god. The people who watched the transmission didn't get to see a lot of proofs of his "strength".

WG would have no use of someone without real strength. They can manipulate him? What's the use of manipulating a weakling like him? What can he do? What help would he be once they really need him, for a battle like this?
Kuma is a nice example of good manipulation. Now that's a good Shichibukai to manipulate with. Buggy is useless once it comes to real battle.

THE KING
December 05, 2009, 07:00 AM
The position of a Shichibukai is to scare other pirates, and someone with Buggy's present fame and (misunderstood)past data would be perfect to scare the hell out of all the prates that want to defy the marines and the world government.

But the only obstacle in Buggy's road to a Schichibukai would be the same fame and (misunderstood)past data, cause all of it are things the government would be happy to be done with. Roger's crew member, mastermind in the impel down mishap, yonkou shank's connection, assisting whitebeard.

Razh
December 05, 2009, 07:20 AM
The position of a Shichibukai is to scare other pirates, and someone with Buggy's present fame and (misunderstood)past data would be perfect to scare the hell out of all the prates that want to defy the marines and the world government.

I don't know why I even bother.:(

It's not the job of Shichibukai to scare pirates. They can do whatever they want just as long as they don't attack marines or WG allies countries. In turn, they are obligated to respond to WG calls, which they don't care much about, until WG threatens to revoke their statuses unless they comply.

Their fame is what keeps most of the pirates in check, but they wouldn't get far with fame alone. How many of Shichibukai are actually weak, again?

The answer is none. WG isn't stupid. Buggy is weak. They have no use of him. At the moment, the only people who regard Buggy as something special are Impel Down prisoners. The audience on Shabondy didn't get to see much.
To become a Shichibukai you need to impress WG first. As far as I've seen, WG and marines aren't that impressed. Shichibukai has to be able to fight, otherwise he or she is useless.

EDIT: If you think about it, WG can't afford to name someone weak a Shichibukai. Imagine if some pirate of mediocre strength accidentally gets to fight Buggy which does tend to happen to one Shichibukai sooner or later. Shichibukai reputation would be damaged and that's not a good thing. The last thing WG needs is pirates starting to believe that Shichibukai aren't much then going after them. Sooner or later, more of them would get beaten. Which is why they kept Moria's defeat a secret.

Black Lagoon
December 05, 2009, 09:54 AM
I think you should add at least one or two other options "Stays where he's" or "Accidentally enters the New world".

None of the Shichibukai did good things in the past. That's why the group still holds the largest bounties so far in the series.

I don't think they will trust the Shichibukais anymore, look what most of them are doing, so IMO there would be no more something called Shichibukais after this war.

urlaub
December 05, 2009, 10:43 AM
In one case they need them, because they can't keep the balance of powers else. On the other side, the balance may shift in WG favour after the war. It's true they have to recruit at least 4 new ones. They will be having certainly Moria, Kuma and MIhawk. Flamingo will drip off soon enough. Boa probably will join the SHs and Jinbeij plus BB are no more. So we may have good times coming up, when Oda decides to introduce new characters. Maybe some from the Supernovas. I think maybe Hawkins? Plus the 'bother' argument is kind of weird. They are such a troublesome bunch of guys, so let's disband them and be as enemies?

Black Lagoon
December 05, 2009, 11:12 AM
In one case they need them, because they can't keep the balance of powers else. On the other side, the balance may shift in WG favour after the war. It's true they have to recruit at least 4 new ones. They will be having certainly Moria, Kuma and MIhawk. Flamingo will drip off soon enough. Boa probably will join the SHs and Jinbeij plus BB are no more. So we may have good times coming up, when Oda decides to introduce new characters. Maybe some from the Supernovas. I think maybe Hawkins? Plus the 'bother' argument is kind of weird. They are such a troublesome bunch of guys, so let's disband them and be as enemies?

I agree, they need them to keep the balance, but they can not endure another rebellion.
Why the balance may shift in WG favor after the war? :blink you saw what an Old Geezer and "former" strongest man in the world(:p) is able to do.

zagorka
December 05, 2009, 12:36 PM
Buggy has made friends with Ace a while ago. And now he knows Ace is Roger's son, so I'm sure they can work together in the future. If Ace survives and continues as a pirate on his own again, I could see Buggy joining Ace. Or Buggy will just continue on his own, and become stronger.

chess4
December 05, 2009, 12:55 PM
yea i see buggy been of great influence in the future(because of his reputation and his connections to rogers crew) he has some strong fighters in his new crew, plus mr 3. in the end, when we see BB and luffy duke it out for the title of pirate king, i think shanks and buggy will one again fight side by side to help luffy

THE KING
December 05, 2009, 01:40 PM
I don't know why I even bother.:(

It's not the job of Shichibukai to scare pirates.

'Each member of the Shichibukai must have strong intimidation skills and a fearsome representation to put off others becoming a pirate and make them fear them.'

Buggy's in his current situation is completely qualified. The world government would definitely want someone of his stature to stand by their side and stop any more aspirants from becoming pirates or stopping some rookies in their tracks.

It's true that he might not be able to win if it came down to actual battle, but then again he might not even have to get into one since people would be too scared to fight someone of his stature.

Having a bio data like his would definitely make the WG think of him as some super powerful guy that's been keeping a low profile.

Black Lagoon
December 05, 2009, 01:44 PM
and the most important is (correct me if I'm wrong ^^; ) I've read somewhere that he's the favorite villain for our beloved Genius (Oda), So I think Buggy will have an impact in the story at some given time. :amuse

urlaub
December 05, 2009, 02:08 PM
yea i see buggy been of great influence in the future(because of his reputation and his connections to rogers crew) he has some strong fighters in his new crew, plus mr 3. in the end, when we see BB and luffy duke it out for the title of pirate king, i think shanks and buggy will one again fight side by side to help luffy

That would be awesome. Buggy and Shanks again side by side. Would be fun to see how all the big names like Shanks go to help Luffy and are betting on him. Are behind is back and support him. The great Shanks paying respect to Luffy.

Razh
December 05, 2009, 03:42 PM
'Each member of the Shichibukai must have strong intimidation skills and a fearsome representation to put off others becoming a pirate and make them fear them.'

Buggy's in his current situation is completely qualified. The world government would definitely want someone of his stature to stand by their side and stop any more aspirants from becoming pirates or stopping some rookies in their tracks.

It's true that he might not be able to win if it came down to actual battle, but then again he might not even have to get into one since people would be too scared to fight someone of his stature.

Having a bio data like his would definitely make the WG think of him as some super powerful guy that's been keeping a low profile.

There's no reasoning with you is it?

The position of a Shichibukai is too important to appoint it to a person based only on reputation. And a vague reputation at that. He's a former Roger pirate, friend of Shanks, made ID escape possible, but what did he do exactly? Who did he defeat in battle?

Actually, with a little background check of their records marines can establish that Luffy had defeated him in the beginning of his pirating career (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/96/06/). That alone is enough to raise some suspicion.
Enough for WG to check what he can actually do in battle perhaps?

You can write as much as you want how Buggy has the reputation and that it's enough for Shichibukai position because all they need to do is scare pirates, but you know that it's not true, deep within you, somewhere.
Again, how many Shichibukai with no real strength are there?

Granted, things could change, maybe. As things are standing now, Buggy didn't show that much in this battle. His greatest achievement was being sliced into thin loafs by Mihawk and surviving. Marines aren't blind.

Even if they do make him a Shichibukai just because of his reputation, there are still a lot of people who know how weak he is, and that is risky.

WG doesn't really need Shichibukai to take care of small fries on the Grand Line. Some of them probably help, yes.
But we've seen in which situation the Shichibukai were really needed. It was for battle against one of Yonkou. Marines were zealous in rounding all of them up. They were needed because of their strength. Their purpose is to balance out the scales in WG favor. They don't just scare pirates. They stop them from going to New World and joining one of Yonkou, increasing their power too. In order to do that, they need real power.

Buggy was shown to be quite lucky, but I think putting Buggy in a position where he would constantly be pulled out of trouble thanks to luck, would exhaust Oda.

Anyway, I'm tired of repeating the same points a couple of times. I think I pretty much covered my thoughts on this.

kkck
December 05, 2009, 03:51 PM
Again, Roger pirates are different. They hunted almost the entire crew and they would surely kill a weakling with no real fame. Remember, only the inmates really think that he's a god. The people who watched the transmission didn't get to see a lot of proofs of his "strength".

WG would have no use of someone without real strength. They can manipulate him? What's the use of manipulating a weakling like him? What can he do? What help would he be once they really need him, for a battle like this?
Kuma is a nice example of good manipulation. Now that's a good Shichibukai to manipulate with. Buggy is useless once it comes to real battle.

None of the shichibukai actually do anything. Mihawk did not destroy kriegs armada because he was ordered, he did it because he felt like it. Boa was not even going to respond to the marine's call. Half of them did not show up to the meeting shown so long ago(they surprised so many did). truth is the only control the world goverment has over the shichibukai is the potential removal of the title and most of the shichibukai quite frankly could not possibly care less. The manga has pretty much implied this is the relationship between shichibukai and goverment:

-Government: Hey, go to deal with this guys.

-Random shichibukai except kuma: Oh really. How about I don't go over there and instead go to your hometown and rape sengoku's mom.

-Government: ok sir, have a good day.

-Sengoku: Wish there was anything at all I could do to make those guys stop saying stuff about my mom.

Quite frankly, the only reason the shichibukai right now answered the call was for reasons other than the removal of their title. It's not like all of them can be easily dealth with(or dealt with at all) once the title is removed. We know boa could not care less about the title. Jimbei could not care less for it. Mihawk does not seem to be the kind to care for such a thing. Odds are he could still do as he pleases once his title is removed since taking him out would probably be as hard as taking out a yonkou lol. Flamingo seems to be in it mainly for the chance of killing WB than anything else. For moria it is hard to tell. Maybe he does care about the title. BB never really cared about the title in the least.

urlaub
December 05, 2009, 04:12 PM
I really like your attidude. It seems to me Oda has some legitimation problems. Why did they become shichibukai in the first place? Can you imagine why Mihawk accepted the call? Kuma could have been a spy, Boa did to protect the island. Moria could have done it, because he lost his nakama against Kaidou. BB did because it was a part of the plan. Croc did it for some reason, which had to do with his plans in Alabasta I think(maybe not). Flamingo maybe did it also because to hide his plans or for whatever stupid reason. There seems to be no good reason for the shichibukai to join the Government. It's like everyone did for his own random reasons. Who knows what they where. There just doesn't seem to be any legitimate reason for joining the government? Where they really afraid of the might of marines who where chasing them? That means they wanted to rest from chasing vessels and admirals? Well, it seems to me Flamingo or Kuma or Mihawk probably were not in danger. I really do not know. Gimme some legitimate reasons.

Fox666
December 05, 2009, 06:11 PM
Luffy defeated him? Yes.

But in a fewer months Luffy defeated two Shichibukai, destroyed the Ennies Lobby, espaced a Buster Call, attacked the Tenryuubito, entered Impel Down from his own, helped over 200 prisoners (including two Jimbei and Crocodile) and finally turned the balance of Marineford war to Whitebeard side.

I think the government doesn't really take in count "but it was at the beggining of his career... so Buggy may be weak"

The Shichibukai main purposes are:
- Working as pirates against other pirates;
- Scare other pirates due to his strength;
- Turn the balance of the Yonkou in favor of the WG;

For all, being really strong, or people just believing he is strong, is enough. Not to say that he has one of the strongest crews, so he can do the job of attacking other pirates.

The only time Buggy could fail is being summoned for a war like this one. Although just being feared could work as a bluff. And someone like Sengoku would knew he is not really tough, he won't ask him to fight.

Razh
December 05, 2009, 07:45 PM
I think the government doesn't really take in count "but it was at the beggining of his career... so Buggy may be weak"

True enough. They would more likely rely on marines' testimonies about Buggy's poor performance on the battlefield.

I'd discuss about other stuff too, had I not already written about it here.

Poneglyph420
December 05, 2009, 10:41 PM
I do think that Buggy is in a position to elevate his status and for sure he has bolstered his crew's overall power. I also agree Mr.3 would likely be his new #2.
I don't think Buggy has what it takes to be a Shichibukai. You can't bluff your way out of a fight with the pirate elite. Fear and intimidation work on fodder pirates but not on more powerful crews. I suspect he will continue to be a major character in OP, but not as a Shichibukai or ally of the Marines IMO.

zagorka
December 07, 2009, 04:30 AM
I think only after this war will Buggy be set on a path to become greater and more foolish at the same time. Buggy as of now has been pathetic in terms of strength. I think it's his mindset that makes him so weak. He likes to avoid work and gain wealth for the most part. Buggy and Luffy share a weird relationship. They are sort of friends, but not really. It's possible that Buggy will befriend Luffy later. But if it comes to the point where Buggy joins the SH's later, I'll laugh pretty damn hard. But it won't happen. Buggy will probably serve as an ally for Luffy much later in the story at the most. I think for Buggy to get anywhere in life, he'll need to face Shanks and witness the power-difference between him and himself. Not that he doesn't know, but he'll become jealous of him and possibly be made fun of. So much that he'll want to change.

urlaub
December 07, 2009, 05:00 AM
Buggy as of now has been pathetic in terms of strength. I think it's his mindset that makes him so weak. He likes to avoid work and gain wealth for the most part. Buggy and Luffy share a weird relationship. They are sort of friends, but not really. It's possible that Buggy will befriend Luffy later. But if it comes to the point where Buggy joins the SH's later, I'll laugh pretty damn hard. But it won't happen. Buggy will probably serve as an ally for Luffy much later in the story at the most. I think for Buggy to get anywhere in life, he'll need to face Shanks and witness the power-difference between him and himself. Not that he doesn't know, but he'll become jealous of him and possibly be made fun of. So much that he'll want to change.

I agree with you, but Buggy would never join strawhat. He is too proud for it and has too much ambition. It's silly to see how Buggy has the ambition, but not the courage to fulfill it. His mindset should be a vice, but it's funny.
Shanks and Buggy facing. I Have somewhere sayd that this would be fun if they fought together again. But if Buggy starts to become string, then he'll be no more a cloun.

BetaRuler
December 16, 2009, 01:14 AM
"Buggy will suddenly replace Whitebeard as one of the Yonkou! His crew is way too powerfull"

SCREW THAT I'll name Buggy the PIRATE KING!
From Rogers crew he came,
slaying whitebeards his game,
he took his crew
and with a ship he drew
his way over to Rafftel
where he reigns as pirate king people tell!

Yeah that was kind of aweful, NOT as aweful as the people saying "Lets make him shichibukai!"... Poor Razh. Buggy needs to be STRONG to be a shichibukai! Not just notorious, plus he can't use his crew as a shichibukai, had you never noticed the shichibukai don't have pirate crews.

It's like imagine if Luffy became a shichibukai, all his nakama would immediately have to leave him because their bounties wont be revoked and they can't also be shichibukai next to Luffy. Sanji and Zorro are the only nakama who MIGHT make it as a shichibukai right now. That's why we don't see Kuma, Mihawke or Doflamingo's with pirate crews, but their strong enough to handle themselves.
BB's crew don't have bounties, neither do Moria's crew which is why their allowed to sail with them.

What I'm saying is Buggy would suddenly be alone and he obviously wouldn't be strong enough by himself to take down enemy pirate crews. Hence he wont become a shichibukai.

Jiggy-Ninja
December 16, 2009, 01:55 AM
"Buggy will suddenly replace Whitebeard as one of the Yonkou! His crew is way too powerfull"

SCREW THAT I'll name Buggy the PIRATE KING!
From Rogers crew he came,
slaying whitebeards his game,
he took his crew
and with a ship he drew
his way over to Rafftel
where he reigns as pirate king people tell!

Yeah that was kind of aweful, NOT as aweful as the people saying "Lets make him shichibukai!"... Poor Razh. Buggy needs to be STRONG to be a shichibukai! Not just notorious, plus he can't use his crew as a shichibukai, had you never noticed the shichibukai don't have pirate crews.

It's like imagine if Luffy became a shichibukai, all his nakama would immediately have to leave him because their bounties wont be revoked and they can't also be shichibukai next to Luffy. Sanji and Zorro are the only nakama who MIGHT make it as a shichibukai right now. That's why we don't see Kuma, Mihawke or Doflamingo's with pirate crews, but their strong enough to handle themselves.
BB's crew don't have bounties, neither do Moria's crew which is why their allowed to sail with them.

What I'm saying is Buggy would suddenly be alone and he obviously wouldn't be strong enough by himself to take down enemy pirate crews. Hence he wont become a shichibukai.
Blackbeard's crew are still technically pirates. Even if they don't have bounties, the Marines should still be after them, except they must also be pardoned due to their connections with a Shichibukai.

You also conveniently left Boa Hancock off your list. She made a treaty with the government that pardoned her whole island. She usually travels with quite a large crew.

There is no direct evidence that says that the Shichibukai must abandon their crew as a condition of accepting their position, and a few points saying that they can keep them.

Given the huuuge amount of leeway the Government and the Marines give the Shichibukai on how to act, it'd be a bit weird for them to get all worked up over their crews.

BetaRuler
December 16, 2009, 02:59 AM
As far as I'd thought, if they don't have bounties, they aren't considered a threat to the WG, therefor not really a target for the marines.
Only Boa of amazon lily has a bounty so far as we know, right? So only she needed pardoning when she became shichibukai, her condition that no one goes near amazon lily was an extra, her crewmates weren't considered dangerous pirates. Just like the people who attacked Enies Lobby with the straw hats werent branded as outlaws.

It would explain why we haven't seen bounties on any of the people affiliated with the shichibukai so far. Crocodiles men worked undercover so they may be an exception to this.
Moria lost his previous crew fighting a yonkou, said previous crew may have held a bounty but their gone now, but his new crew formed while he's a shichibukai may have no bounties either.

I don't think I'm too far off, even if I am just guessing

Fox666
December 18, 2009, 12:40 PM
Not every outlaw get a bounty.

And about the Shichibukai, just to point: Bellami and Sarquiss, Doflamingo's suborninates, have bounties, okay. But we don't know if Baroque Works have bounties.

I would not get surprised if suddenly Perona is revealed to be a 80 million wanted or anything like that.

And just raising a pirate flag is already a crime. Being a pirate nation like Amazon Lily is the worst.

Diablos
December 18, 2009, 04:56 PM
No way that Buggy is gonna be Shishibukai, Surely the WG wouldnt want him for what we know till now he is weak, and he is Roger crew mate. Just being Roger is likely to be killed right away. Also Shishibukais are forces to give fear to other pirates yes but all of them are powerfull themselves, they gain fame by themselves alone,so it seems, At this momento I'd give ( only for yonkou and Shishi Im speaking atm) 90% he'd be Yonkou and only mere 10% he'd be Shishibukai, its all going more toward to Yonkou position, we all know Yonkous are made of great fleets and all. Thats what buggy since ID, has been. Even WB admited his pirates would be trouble to deal with..

kkck
December 18, 2009, 09:26 PM

Weak? This is what the WG thinks of buggy at the moment. They never mention how strong he is but I doubt they would know all of that and think he is weak.

Poneglyph420
December 18, 2009, 10:02 PM
It sure seems like Buggy is pretty much seen as a threat by the Marines and that through his bumbling he will raise his status and perhaps power as well...

Based on his actions up to now he will be a pirate of renown.
I hope he still has a role to play in the war, some dumb trick or something..Heh!

Diablos
December 18, 2009, 10:04 PM

Weak? This is what the WG thinks of buggy at the moment. They never mention how strong he is but I doubt they would know all of that and think he is weak.

Exactly I think the most highest point there will be that him being alive is a crime itself. So he must be executed. I seriously doubt they'd have an ex crew-mate of Roger, as a Shishibukai after all, the execution of all members was to give a lesson to all other pirates, and he should be facing same destiny, more so after the infamy he has now.

sarutobi_sensei
December 19, 2009, 05:31 PM
Buggy will show a new power. There's no way that he's just that weak.

Srsl, I'm telling you, the guy's been hiding his power ever since Roger died.

kkck
December 20, 2009, 03:50 AM
Buggy will show a new power. There's no way that he's just that weak.

Srsl, I'm telling you, the guy's been hiding his power ever since Roger died.

I have considered the possibility of buggy showing a hidden power but I just can't see what it could be. It's be interesting if he does have something which would make him matter in this war(other than leading a bunch of level 5/4/3 prisoners).

Fox666
December 20, 2009, 11:27 PM
A Roger crewmate as a Shichibukai is actually something good for the government, because a Roger crewmate working for the government is such a disappointment for pirates of the world.

http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/549/14/

Hmm, Buggy says a "Yonkou"...

Bugzee
December 27, 2009, 12:26 PM
I still believe Buggy should become a Shichibukai!!! It would be awesome! Buggy would add a lighter touch to the WG! :XD I really hope it happens :nuts *praying* :amuse

Black Lagoon
December 27, 2009, 01:28 PM
If he become a Shichibukai ... I think ... he'll lose his current crew (Jailbreakers)

goldb
January 05, 2010, 08:38 AM
The day when Buggy become a Shichibukai will be the end of the world as we know it. There is no doubt though that he'll milk this situation for all its worth. I think any of the top characters can just tell by looking at him that he's weak.

Bugzee
January 08, 2010, 04:33 PM
:noworry Buggy is not weak...Buggy is Buggy!!!...he is our saviour :XD

It would be super awesome if he does become a warlord but tbh at the moment the chances for that to happen are slim....unless Sengoku discovers something unique in him that is worth having on the WG side :amuse

chess4
January 08, 2010, 05:20 PM
buggy will not become a shichibukai. his new crew of impel down prisoners will be why he will survive in the new world. buggy's real power is his ability to move the masses. the prisoners will follow him through fire because of his affiliation with rogers.

Buggy will be recognized as a big player and him bounty will be crazy in the new world. buggy and shanks will fight side by side again.

modoki
January 25, 2010, 01:12 AM
This guy becomes the pirate king and yonkou.....I will praise oda if such happened.

Think of it this way, if somehow Buggy becomes a Yonkou ( which wont happen), shanks could have a new drinking buddy now.

FOREVER BUGGY! THE SAVIOR!

Bugzee
January 25, 2010, 11:18 AM
I think he'll focus on sorting out his pirate crew with the new recruits he gained from Impel Down and probably continue his search for Captain John's treasure! I'm sure he will be heading to the New World like the SH's from now on!