Fox666
December 09, 2009, 07:18 AM
http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/8598/elevensupernovas.jpg

VS

http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/4406/1213a.jpg

Razh
December 09, 2009, 07:20 AM
Oh come on, it's not even fun.:p

Although it will be if someone votes for Supernova...

kkck
December 09, 2009, 08:52 AM
Come on.... Just one new world captain would trash the rookies without a sweat......

Razh
December 09, 2009, 10:46 AM
Maybe if you put eleven thousand supernova instead of eleven supernova.

Lord Rayleigh
December 09, 2009, 01:59 PM
11 supernovae vs 43 new world captains ?
That's obvious. Some are beasts from the first part of the GL, and the others, beasts of the second part. Even 11 supernovae against 11 new world captain would be obvious.

Razh
December 09, 2009, 02:04 PM
Seeing these jokers choose a draw I kinda regret not choosing Supernovas.

kkck
December 09, 2009, 02:32 PM
The supernovas are at about luffy's current level. In that sense, in the grand scheme of things, not a single one of them is more than a worthless piece of shit floating in the vast oceans. Each of them is so insignificantly weak and pathetic and small that even having 11 helping in the current war against the WG would not make that much of a difference. IMHO just a single new world captain would easily brush of the 11 supernova without even coming close to making an effort.

cippy
December 09, 2009, 02:38 PM
The supernovas are at about luffy's current level. In that sense, in the grand scheme of things, not a single one of them is more than a worthless piece of shit floating in the vast oceans. Each of them is so insignificantly weak and pathetic and small that even having 11 helping in the current war against the WG would not make that much of a difference. IMHO just a single new world captain would easily brush of the 11 supernova without even coming close to making an effort.
I think you give them too much credit. If they were so good they could easily take out all shicibukai and va's in an instant. Lets say they are the same level as the shicibukai.
If it were only those in the picture i think they SN would have a chance..
Law vs Squardo
Zoro vs Wild Knight Doma
Uruge vs That idiot looking captain second in the left.
Drake vs the third from the left. ( Sorry i dont know their names :p )
Luffy vs Thunder Lord Mcguy ( since he is made of rubber )

bittman
December 09, 2009, 05:01 PM
Please tell me a single technique, move, devil fruit, battle style, bounty, doruki level, battle strength or threat level of ANY of the new world captains.

This is a poll based on reputation alone. It's like asking who would win between Kaidou and Shanks, you can only formulate your reply from reputation alone.

But yeah, if it was 11 v 11 I would say draw. New World doesn't automatically mean close to Yonkou level. I mean, Capone is about five steps from walking into the new world and he's got a relatively small bounty compared to other Supernovas.

Unfortunately the poll is what...11 versus 43? Haha I laugh!

Tengu24
December 09, 2009, 05:33 PM
you have to put in mind that the difference among the rookies is also big. If we take luffy, law, and kid, Im sure theyll put up a very good fight if you look at 1 vs 1 battles... considering this as a team battle I have to go with reputation indeed, sorry rookies:(

Lord Rayleigh
December 09, 2009, 05:48 PM
Probably 21 of the 43 NW captains

http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/1702/listenw.jpg

feanaro
December 09, 2009, 06:35 PM
well, I'll try to argue for the supernovea. And yes, there are some reasons why these 11 would be able to beat WB's allies.

Basically my most important argument is the fact that WB allies are just that: allies or underlings. Sure they are strong, but they lack the wish to reach the top. Sure they are fighting for WB becoming King but they do not have the power to dream. The Pirate Age is the age of dreamers like Luffy and Blackbeard and they will make it.

A few examples:
Ace, being still a rookie, challenged Jimbei and won after a long fight(or was it a draw?). But he beat Doma's crew, one of Whitebeard's trusted allied captains.
The SH without Luffy were able to beat Oars with Luffy's shadow in him.
Ruffy challenged most of the Shichibukai, who are a force to balance the power of the Younkou.
Except of Oars jr. and Squadro^^Luffy is the captain who did most for WB up til now.

Most of the Supernovea are DF users, we haven't seen much of them among the NW captains, have we? Well a few look a bit strange, but they haven't displayed any powers.

All in all WB's military main force are his division commanders.
So the Supernovea are more than able to win a war with the New World captains.

feel free to contradict;)

Poneglyph420
December 09, 2009, 11:40 PM
I like the argument for the Supernovas above but expect based on numbers the NW Capt. would end up winning. And they did all make a name in the NW so they are powerful enough to exist without much resistance. Of course they do have WB to back them. I'd like to see it, sadly it would end up a free for all in "reality".

Razh
December 10, 2009, 05:10 PM
Basically my most important argument is the fact that WB allies are just that: allies or underlings. Sure they are strong, but they lack the wish to reach the top. Sure they are fighting for WB becoming King but they do not have the power to dream. The Pirate Age is the age of dreamers like Luffy and Blackbeard and they will make it.

To be fair a lot of these supernovas could end up as allies of one of Yonkou. Probably happened to a lot of the rookies before them. Being a realist is not a flaw. Not everyone wants to become a pirate king.

All of those captains made a name for themselves and New World is supposed to be in a different league as we've heard so many times.

Also, nobody ever said that those captains are weaker than Whitebeard's commanders. Also, there's a difference between an ally and an underling.

There's no way those 11 guys could pull it off. Even if their crews were with them. Also, that Oars you mentioned? His son is one of those captains.
I think you're delusional.-_-;

kkck
December 10, 2009, 11:46 PM
All of the NW captains are dudes who have made names for themselves in the NW. All of them are far past being considered rookies by any standard. On the other hand the supernova are rookies of the lowliest plausible level. Granted they survived a number of dangers in the GL but those achievements are crap compared to what they should expect in the NW. A NW captain is someone who is capable of making at least a small difference in the current war on his own, holding his ground against a shichibukai or even take on a VA. None of the rookies is capable of that(quite frankly I have doubts that current luffy could take on crocodile provided the guy is serious from the start).

RichardMNixon
December 11, 2009, 01:37 AM
I voted WB allies, but the real issue is the 43 vs 11 (although Oars Jr. alone could probably take a few of them). I don't think that the supernovae are trash or anything like that.

Especially consider the Strawhats and Kidd/Heart pirates fared better against the pacifista than the new world captains did.

I would say if you take out Oars Jr., the top six SN would be a reasonable challenge for six of the allies.

kkck
December 11, 2009, 04:13 PM
I still think in general 1 NW captain could take on the 11 supernova. I won't say EVERY NW pirate is stronger than every supernova though, that makes no sense. The supernova fared terribly against the pacifista to say the least. The strawhats too, the only thing that helped is that it was all of them(out of whom 2 were supernova and at least 1 more had the level required for that and the rest of them as a whole had reasonable strength) is that they severely outnumbered the thing. On the other hand, the NW pirates had to face over 20 of them at the same time. On top of that, we never really saw whether the pacifista were fighting captains or strong crewmembers. Obviously the rankless generic crewmembers won't do much against the pacifista but each of the NW captains and their stronger crewmembers should have strength comparable to that of a shichibukai, VA or in a extreme case an admiral.

The 11 supernova are called rookies for a reason. They are pirates who MIGHT become influential in the future. They are not pirates who have made a name for themselves or become members of the new generation of pirates, they MIGHT achieve those things. All in all, in the scale of things we are seeing now and in comparison to the implied strength of the NW captains the supernova are fodder. Not worth even comparing. They are so insignificantly measly it is not even funny. Seriously, how could a pirate who has made a name for himself in the NW even have a shred of trouble defeating a bunch of rookies who barely made a name for themselves in the first half of the grand line.

feanaro
December 13, 2009, 06:14 PM
maybe I'm delusional, but, kkck, you cannot proof anything what you are saying about NW captains

Well, Oars juniour being an exception.

But we can summarize everything we know about the New World captains in a few sentences:
What they can do:
mh... Oars can do a lot, is stronger than several giants and able to withstand the attacks of shichibukai. Not bad at all.
The Ice Witch ? can break through Ice
Squardo can stab his allies:P
Doma got owned by Ace
There was no other significant captain in the war so far!

What we haven't seen them do:
None has fought a Shichibukai
none of them was able to stand against the pacifista army, they just backed off
none has faced an Admiral (it is ridiculous to think that anyone except of Jozu, Marco and WB can do that on his own)
supposedly they got in fight with Vice captains

on the other hand the supernovea:
->Ruffy took out several shichibukai.
->come on, the SH fought Oars, Oars Jr. couldn't be this hard to bring down, with 11 Supernovea. I would say that Zoro alone (at full power) would be able to seriosly wound him. I mean the Shichibukai did this in about 2 seconds, it is not that hard.
->4 of the Supernovea fought an Admiral, and they did quite well, showed of some strong moves, and even managed to surprise kizaru. No NW captain is nearly as strong as him.
->Gang, Kid and Trafalgar Law, are able to handle, whole armies with their powers.

So all in all, if you still think that the NW captain are so much above the others, the whole war would have gone a different way, and the whole system of balancing powers wouldn't mean anything.

Facing the truth: out of 43 NW captains, after this fight, at least 20, if not 30 would be taken out by the supernovea.
okay, the numbers are a huge disadvantage, but it is not impossible :P

bittman
December 14, 2009, 12:05 AM
Too many people are on the both sides of being wrong.

New World Captains: Ok, they made the new world, that's no small acheivement. That said, 43 of these "no small acheivements" have made the new world and joined with Whitebeard. There are quite possibly hundreds of New World pirate crews. Can you imagine if every single one had the power to take down almost 2billion beri worth of pirate? Marines would need 20 admirals.

Also throw into the mix that people like Capone, with a bounty just over 100mil, are leading their crews into the New World. Some of WB's allies might not even have a bounty above 100mil. I've seen nothing to say that all NW pirate captains are Luffy x 5.

Supernovas: They have some feats because they have screen time. We've seen nothing of the New World pirates except a swordsman stabbing an old guy and some NW pirates (not captains) having fun with Pacifistas. The Supernovas are undoubtedly going to factor in a lot as the story progresses and be the rivals of Luffy who will keep up with, or at least keep near, his crew's often extraordinary rate of growth.

But for now, they're rookies. Surviving Kizaru and actually having screentime doesn't mean they are above a NW captain.

Point is: There is no way to rate the two if only because the NW captains have no-one we can rate side-by-side. Closest thing is the Pacifistas, but I did not see any Supernova take down a Pacifista solo (Strawhats as a crew took one down and excluding some anime filler with Law and Kidd). We also have nothing to say that there may not have been upgrades or what not to the Pacifistas. That and when 30 or so come together like that, even the Strawhat's would not be able to defeat one because in wars people don't break off into boxing rings.

Again, we're doing a 43 vs 11 match up so it's just gotta be the NW captains. Since the Supernovas will basically be NW captains as soon as they hit the other side of fishman island, the "ranking" means nothing to me. All it means is that they are really all NW captains and probably all about the same strength.

Making this battle 43 NW captains versus 11 new-NW captains

Darkever
February 02, 2010, 05:31 PM
I think this poll would should be:

11 supernovas vs 11 new world captains

Well, the new world captains would just destroy the supernovas. In truth we never saw a new world captain fight 1v1, so it's hard to guess to gauge their strength, but if I had to guess, of all the supernovas, only Luffy has the qualities to beat a captain 1v1.