PDA

View Full Version : Discussion What I hate most about fillers

c420smokey
December 10, 2009, 06:38 PM
What I hate most about the fillers are the fans of the show/manga because they like to grieve about how they want the story back on track or how stupid they are, that drives me nuts, you get to see the preview of the next episode you can tell from it that either youll like it or not, so if you dont like it dont watch it. I remember seeing the preview for some of the Naruto fillers and thought no im not gonna watch that, it looks retarded.

Put your grievances about fillers if ya like or add to the discussion you choice

Mushashi
December 11, 2009, 12:11 AM
F fillers, stupid markets scam, and they dont even show a good perception of wether ull like it or not.

Drmke
December 11, 2009, 10:44 AM
Imo, most fillers suck but they are only shown because fans don't want a show on hiatus. But they do make me angry in the case of Naruto where they ahad 80 filler episodes in a row >_< That is just beyond ridiculous.

Mushashi
December 11, 2009, 06:20 PM
i stopped watching the naruto anime at this point ;)

Drmke
December 11, 2009, 06:22 PM
i stopped watching the naruto anime at this point ;)

Some of the fillers were actually really good (like the Orochimaru's lair ones). Some fillers are great and you wouldn't even notice that they're fillers if you hadn't read the manga. Fullmetal Alchemist is a good example of good fillers.

Mushashi
December 11, 2009, 06:26 PM
i liked the FMA fillers, just not the naruto ones, the death note ones were also terrible.

Revilenigma
December 13, 2009, 03:02 PM
i liked the FMA fillers,

FMA has the only filler I can think of that was superior to the original manga.

Mushashi
December 13, 2009, 05:42 PM
yes i agree the fma ones were well done

Kaiten
December 13, 2009, 10:14 PM
I like the series one FMA filler, it was well done, but I don't think it's better than the manga. I prefer father and the manga versions of the homunculus to Dante and the anime versions.

Rejuvenation
December 14, 2009, 11:51 AM
I've always hated all the filler that got packed into the first FMA series. Then when it went off on its own I pretty much said screw this and kicked it to the curb.

I also stopped watching Bleach years ago because they started mixing filler into canon episodes. I can only imagine how many filler arcs have been shoved in recently because Kubo's pacing sucks.

Also hated Naruto fillers so I didn't bother to watch most of them either. I know a good portion of them were just absolutely ridiculous.

It reached the point that I stopped bothering to watch anime based off of manga for a while because I didn't particular care to waste my time anymore.

Googlez_kun
December 14, 2009, 01:07 PM
What i hate most about fillers is that anime watchers think of fillers as cannon,because they haven't read the manga,so if the fillers screw up with the story(i.e. Naruto-_-;) they actually believe the series is that crappy.

I hate most of the fillers i watched,but there were nice fillers in Yu-Gi-Oh!.I really enjoyed them and they did not screw up with the story if i remember correctly.

Mushashi
December 14, 2009, 04:55 PM
Yu-gi-oh (lol) sorry
braiking boss the way i look at an anime based on a manga or the other way around. is i try not to compare it to the manga in my head. or try and interpret what is going to happen. this way you appreciate any new story fillers. try and get absorbed into the anime so you arent comparing. when i started doing that i liked watching alot more anime. idk if it will help you. but just watch it as a different art form

Akiyama
December 14, 2009, 10:42 PM
They suck, naruto filler is unbelievable bad, sometimes they mix in canon material with filler episodes. For the people that don't watch filler, this ruins the whole story. I don't want to watch 18 minutes of crap to enjoy 2 minutes of canon. Those stories seem to come right out of a fanfic notebook that fell out of a 10y/o fanboy's book bag. A director comes by picks it up and says, "This would make excellent filler." If a filler arc is lasting more than 6 months, that's a problem too.

Mushashi
December 15, 2009, 01:12 AM
Cmon austin we all know you adore fillers.

As much as you like to spam

shaheer
December 16, 2009, 01:09 AM
fma fillers are good actually they are awesome, but most of the fillers are a load of crap and shows BS esp the naruto and the bleach ones
despit i dont like DGM i still like their decision of stopping the anime and not give fillers,

Mushashi
December 16, 2009, 01:31 AM
they are as good as fillers get. except for tikkon kinkreet of course. but they still dont beat the manga.

shaheer
December 16, 2009, 02:05 AM
you know the RK fillers that they aired was a load of crap as well, back then i didnt know what filler was lol but i still sensed that it went bull tosh, later i got to know that the last part was filler

Black Lagoon
December 16, 2009, 02:11 PM
They Suck ... although Some are good (feeewwww)-_-;.
But what I hate most about fillers is : they interrupt/stop a fight, war or whatever to emit that s**t, like in Bleach or Naruto. :nerve

M3J
December 01, 2012, 05:24 PM
I hate fillers because they're usually done horribly. In Naruto's and I guess DBZ's case, they tend to go for stupid humor, like making Naruto get lost or look very stupid. Though my anime experience is limited, I rarely saw any good fillers. Hell, I think they add like a second or two of filler by making some characters like Hinata go "hmm err deeeerp" when they're unsure or thinking. :\