PDA

View Full Version : Shounen The World God Only Knows by WAKAKI Tamiki

Kaiten
December 11, 2009, 01:01 AM
http://thumbnails21.imagebam.com/5945/a1359c59441990.gif (http://www.imagebam.com/image/a1359c59441990/)

the World God Only Knows (Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai)
By: WAKAKI Tamiki (http://www.mangaupdates.com/authors.html?id=2190)
Genre: Comedy
Serialized In: Shonen Sunday
Scanlated By: Red Hawk Scanlations (http://www.redhawkscans.com/)
RTS (http://mangahelpers.com/m/twgok)

Katsuragi Keima is known on the net as the god of getting the girls while in real life he’s known as otamegane and he hates all real girls. However he is approached by Elsee, a devil from hell, to help her in catching runaway spirits that hide in people. Apparently the spirits only hide in the hearts of girls and the only way to get the souls out is by making the girl fall in love so the spirit gets forced out. And he’s not allowed to fail or he will lose his head.

tygreas
December 14, 2009, 10:13 AM
I had picked this series up a little while ago, no one in particular had recommended it, i just happen to seek out new manga on my own when i get an itch waiting for new chapters of alot of stuff. what immediately stood out for me was the artwork, in short, very refined and fitting to the storie's demographics.

be wary of hilarity that could induce minutes of giggling fits.

Orpheus 2
December 20, 2009, 07:57 AM
I also read this out of curiosity. It's quite good for laughs.

sener
December 21, 2009, 06:26 PM
this manga made me laugh my ass off , it's nice and relaxing

Kaiten
December 22, 2009, 10:37 AM
I really like Elsee she's one of my favorite female leads. I really wish she got more screen time.

Skrymir
December 22, 2009, 02:54 PM
Elsee's a bit too ditzy for me to like as a female lead. I find it funny how after the "heroine" forgets, everyone around seems to forget that Keima was chasing her for a while. It's surprising that he hasn't been labeled as a playboy yet.

Oh, does anybody else imagine Keima with Lelouch from Code Geass voice every time he says "I can see the ending" and every time something goes wrong?

LilaChan
December 29, 2009, 10:10 AM
^ Now if this gets a drama CD or anime I want Fukuyama Jun to play Keima. Since this manga makes fun of otaku culture, having FukuJun just adds more funny moments.

I enjoy this manga as a light read. I do hope Syngery would animate this after Cross Game, they animate a new shounen sunday anime every April. But would this work as a morning anime? Hayate No Gotoku is otaku targeted and did fine in the time slot, I guess this would do fine too.

Kaiten
December 30, 2009, 08:05 AM
Kami would make a great late night anime. Hayate was better after it moved to late night for season 2.

Orpheus 2
January 01, 2010, 04:57 AM
^ You have a point there but hopefully they won't animate until there are 100 chapters or more to avoid fillers. As for the VA, Fukuyama Jun would be perfect since Kami is like Lelouch being an otaku.

B@K@M@ST@R
January 01, 2010, 04:04 PM
^ You have a point there but hopefully they won't animate until there are 100 chapters or more to avoid fillers.

Even without the fillers, there is enough content to animate it into at least 26 episodes. And you can't honestly expect them not to use the fillers in the anime, can't you?

If you guys want to talk TWGOK, come to MangaFox [http://www.mangafox.com/manga/the_world_god_only_knows] since this is where the most active thread/post ever happens about TWGOK... There is just no one anywhere else who wants to talk TWGOK...

rajin
January 02, 2011, 02:35 AM
THE WORLD GOD ONLY KNOWS 126 IS OUT BY RED HAWK

READ ONLINE HERE (http://ani-manga.info/The_World_God_Only_Knows/126/1/)

saladesu
June 17, 2011, 03:51 AM
Hah, I'm surprised they didn't do this earlier:

http://static.mangahelpers.com/gallery-previews/15112 (http://mangahelpers.com/gallery/news-writers/15112)
Kami no Miso Shiru Sekai
(God's Miso Soup World)

An oft made pun on "Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai", now on sale :D

ZayCon
June 17, 2011, 07:35 AM
I've been reading this weekly for a while, and I think it's quite good. It's funny, the characters are good, and the plot is decent. Love the way the girls heart is caught. Would be awesome to use game-tactics in dating and stuff x)

shukketsumaru
June 17, 2011, 12:52 PM
Shiori doesn't have a goddess in her, I think it's just stalking her.

Akiyama
June 17, 2011, 02:33 PM
But all the goddesses have the same body as the host, and the one around Shiori looks just like her. Plus she's reading a book which is a common similarity with Shiori's interests and hobbies.

shukketsumaru
June 17, 2011, 06:39 PM
Really, I didn't notice the resemblance, and I just assumed she was holding a book because she was in a library, and I also assumed that the reason they had the same bodies was because we only ever saw them in the hosts reflections. Do not assume I suppose.

Akiyama
June 20, 2011, 01:15 PM
The biggest fact to make is that Shiori remembers the kiss with Keima, she wouldn't be able to do that unless she had a goddess within her. This whole arc is building up for Shiori to reveal her goddess, I can't see it happening any other way.

Sama_al_Azraq
July 07, 2011, 08:28 AM
With the other 5 goddess have been revealed to possessed who, now it's only 1 remain. My only wish is, neither Ayumi nor Chihiro possess a goddess, and the one who will have a goddess is Mio. Just a wish.

kamakazi_1996
September 06, 2011, 11:45 AM
Man i love this manga, i started reading it to pass the time but after a few chapters i was hooked to this manga, its weird no one actually knows about this manga/anime because its hilarious and interesting and should be well known. for some reason i seem to love elsie she is soo cute and funny, i fell off my chair laughing when she saw her first firetruck :D

i saw the recent chapter i have a feeling that both of them dont have a goddess and that kiema will end up making them both fall in love with him without realizing that or even if one of them has a goddess he will have to break the others heart, i love this manga but it seems when katsuragi gets the 5 goddesses and stops the old devils the manga will finish because when he does that keima will be free and be able to live his life without doing conquests, its sad that will happen but there is no more plot after that and its boring when a manga drags on and on without any good plot

Sakakibara Eitaro
September 06, 2011, 01:57 PM
There are 6 goodess, he found 5 (Diana, Apollo, Vulcan, Mars and Minerva). I think that Chihiro realy likes him (despite of the contest) as well, but doesn't have a goddess. I really think Ayumi might be the last of the Jupiter sisters. That is a great manga with cool references and a good story. Keima is a very well developed character and I hope Wakaki keep up the pace.

Great manga is not always the main stream ones.

beatsmaster
September 14, 2011, 10:19 AM
There are 6 goodess, he found 5 (Diana, Apollo, Vulcan, Mars and Minerva). I think that Chihiro realy likes him (despite of the contest) as well, but doesn't have a goddess. I really think Ayumi might be the last of the Jupiter sisters. That is a great manga with cool references and a good story. Keima is a very well developed character and I hope Wakaki keep up the pace.

Great manga is not always the main stream ones.

Yes, i totally agree with you. because in the latest chapter, chihiro didn't grow wings after she confess to keima. I think mercury is within ayumi.

Andmoreagain
October 22, 2011, 01:33 PM
Love this series. Not only the plot is interesting and the girls are way too much cute, the music references are so many (from K-ON! to The Beatles) and so great I can only love Wakaki Tamiki.
I'll place this manga in my All-Time Top10 for sure!

deselse
November 15, 2011, 07:39 PM
The series have reach Chapter 166 (http://wootmanga.com/the-world-god-only-knows/166)

Cuteness inside xD

shaheer
November 26, 2011, 12:22 PM
167 already out in manga fox, though i think by now most have finished reading .
poor Kema being forced to be in this contest to a point that he is despising himself for wrong turns.
it started of as a funny manga without a spot of seriousness in it but bit by bit its growing its maturity. Love the series the jokes are awesome the growing maturity is so subtly inserted that it became a part of it seamlessly

Ace4
March 31, 2012, 09:34 AM
Hope I'm not the only one left reading this manga^^

While the manga is going to presumably it's climax I was wondering if and when the Anime will continue with season 3. Has anyone any information about that? Google search has failed me.

Sakakibara Eitaro
April 03, 2012, 10:23 AM
No, u r not alone. I hope we can see till the end

shukketsumaru
April 05, 2012, 11:43 AM
Y.A.N.A.
and they had better do a 3rd season

shaheer
April 07, 2012, 02:35 AM
they missed a lot of subtle stuffs whthout which the 3rd season is pretty meaningless
when i was watching season 1 nd 2 i thought what is left to stretch the manga more than 100 chaps
when i started the manga things were different
personally i would like a season 3 but i dun think they have installed enough info to continue the season 2 to season 3

Sakakibara Eitaro
April 07, 2012, 06:25 PM
they could do a season 3 about the goddes chase, but, end it when he had to revisit all the the girls to serach for a goddess within

REN KOUEN
July 09, 2012, 06:31 PM
i love this manga, i just picked it up, and started watching the anime

it is very entertaining :super

cearon
September 28, 2012, 10:23 AM
why is no1 discussing TWGOK in this community. such an interesting manga. keima went back in time. new enemies surfaced. and i was just thinking why is there no dedicated TWGOK page.

shukketsumaru
October 26, 2012, 02:16 PM
New Chapter!
Good little children shouldn't imitate "X".
Games like those are indeed sold in a very different aisle.

Skyguardian
October 26, 2012, 09:09 PM
What the actual...?
I thought I was reading TWGOK and not a new chapter of To Love-Ru oô
I don't think something like that should be happening at such an arc... It does not fit... oô
They should've done this while searching for the godesses or something... but with little children? Uhhh...:gwah
I bet pedobear is waiting in front of the window...:derp

cearon
November 16, 2012, 04:58 AM
i like the chapter. the gramps seems like a knight out of a shoujo manga and i liked the way he hit keima. i am not so sure about his pure intentions though. he might be in cahoots with vintage. still we didnt get anything about dokuro and cant help but think there is something connecting her with urara.

shukketsumaru
November 22, 2012, 02:25 PM
Who would have thought that Apollo was such a trickster.
While I found this chapter highly amusing, I would have like it if we had continued from last chapter.

cearon
December 08, 2012, 10:15 AM
the ending to the side story was very well done. it was just like tamiki to write it . now since it will continue someday... we can get back to the shoujo manga gramps and little keima. i wonder what will happen. and will dokuro regain her conciousness.

---------- Post added December 08, 2012 at 05:15 PM ---------- Previous post was November 30, 2012 at 08:53 PM ----------

well well we have problems a plenty. grandfather is lying(i think) and dokuro has some sort of epiphany. i wonder what the hell is gonna happen. thou if the myth recited by him is true some strange things will happen.

world is wide
January 19, 2013, 12:24 AM
Surprising chapter. Gramps is ineffective despite his mysterious appearance and somewhat clued in-ness, and Elsie can flail and panic into effective self defense tactics, robe attack followed by containment magic

No kidding. It is always surprising when TWGOK does violence.

The mystery of Dokurou deepens. Got chills on that last page

---------- Post added January 18, 2013 at 11:24 PM ---------- Previous post was December 21, 2012 at 06:05 PM ----------

Ch. 216 http://manga.redhawkscans.com/reader/read/the_world_god_only_knows/en/0/216/page/1

Doraku edited my post. Am confused on how and why. Also surprised this thread doesn't have more chatter. Mangahelpers seems to have good discussions on most series but perhaps there is some other site that is much better for TWGOK

Amazing chapter. Fantasy path is hilarious and now more complicated than expected. Remembering who Yui and Mio where was beyond me, especially as they are children now. Thank goodness for wikia, Yui Goido (http://kaminomi.wikia.com/wiki/Yui) and Mio Aoyama (http://kaminomi.wikia.com/wiki/Mio_Aoyama)

shukketsumaru
January 19, 2013, 12:33 AM
Mio was the second conquest from the series' beginning. Yui is currently being possessed by the goddess Mars. I can only assume they are present at this point in the past because both of their families are rich(were rich in Mio's case) at the time. Urarara is also very rich, three super rich families within a such small community are bound to be close.

Skyguardian
January 19, 2013, 10:51 AM
Awesome... The epic tsundere is back and loli as ever x'D
I wonder what Keima will do to prevent a disaster.,.. XD

world is wide
January 26, 2013, 01:13 AM
The scouter says the new chapter IS OVER 216 ... it's ch. 217

Fantasy route is maintaining its ludicrisity! Whats up with that garden being full of squares?

Skyguardian
February 01, 2013, 05:24 PM
Urara is certainly "big" now :nosebleed.
I'm really fond of those runaway spirits. :3c

Doraku
February 02, 2013, 08:37 AM
Couldn't agree more, I think I like Urara more now. :XD Her designs is really good as well, in overall as a character.

cearon
February 02, 2013, 10:17 AM
after giving this manga a 1 month break i am glad i read everything in 1 go. and after reading the kei's story so far i can say i want a visual novel of this manga. :)

shaheer
February 03, 2013, 10:04 AM
Same here, i gave this manga cold shoulders for more than 3 month or so. Reading so many chap at once is really entertaining.
A visual novel would be a bit too much the story at the begining was good stuff for visual novel but after the goddess and renegade hell army came into being its bit too convoluted.

Skyguardian
February 16, 2013, 11:01 PM
So this runaway spirit is very strong. regarding how easily it fullfills Uraras desires and looking at the killing intent against Uraras grandfather... I wonder what will happen from now on?
The grandpa has Dokuro with him so no need to worry. But getting rid of Uraras gap in her heart seems rather difficult.

world is wide
March 05, 2013, 01:05 PM
Ch. 221 (http://manga.redhawkscans.com/reader/series/the_world_god_only_knows/)

Have felt pretty disconnected from this entire time travel arc. Redos pull the dramatic teeth out of a story.

So Keima can't solve this one himself. Should have been obvious as people don't date as young as Urara is, and becoming best friends with someone takes a long time even if there is a strong first meeting.

Is he talking to Dokoro through telepathy? Did they have telepathy in this manga?

world is wide
May 12, 2013, 12:56 AM
Ch. 227 (http://manga.redhawkscans.com/reader/read/the_world_god_only_knows/en/0/227/page/1)

New arc is best arc.

Skyguardian
August 03, 2013, 05:38 AM
Damn that Kaori... What a little devil... -.-

Tenri was really cute though... :wtf
And finally she said what everybody else was thinking... Keima doesn't love anybody (apart from Yokkyun)...

Utsune
August 17, 2013, 02:00 PM
Chapter 239 --- Wow, just wow.

I've always loved this series as a really fun manga to read, especially with Keima being one of the coolest, most lovable a-holes (like Gintoki from Gintama, or Joukyuu from AIKI.)

But wow. I feel really sad for Keima in this chapter. I can't believe he has this side to him. I hope I haven't said it too soon, but you can really tell he actually cares for the girls. I feel that he doesn't want to carry on so that he wouldn't hurt the girls. The thing is, he has already hurt the girls at this point, (and mostly likely acknowledges that 'guilt' within him, something that is hinted way back from the interaction with big-Chihiro,) and now he's come across of their young and innocent versions that serve as a statement saying, "They really are clueless about the whole ordeal."

Truly faithful to the manga title, "The World God only knows." Beautifully sad, and a surprisingly perfect fit for what this manga is (eg. art, title, font of title, atmosphere of the manga, characterisation, etc. despite its cheerful side.)

Next chapter on the present world, it would seem. Really looking forward to the turn of events.

Utsune
October 10, 2013, 05:09 PM
246:
First time seeing stick man drawing in a manga to represent a character... not to mention three of them... but it's cute so I approve :3
Anyways, every chapter is funny+sweet+idiotic+cool so they're all enjoyable to read. As usual, Keima is being very dependable. Still a while to go til the end of this arc methinks.

Skyguardian
October 11, 2013, 10:17 AM
Elsie feeling awesome was the best part of the chapter... Finally! :XD

t was a given that Keima will rescue Kaori at some point. The arc might end with her being saved and Tenri doing everything according to the note.
That or another unforseen event will stop the school from going on a trip.

Jammin
November 15, 2013, 11:39 AM
250: W-w-what a twist!

Dokoru is actually Nikaido(the sadist teacher)!!! At least I think that's what that scene was hinting at. Did not expect that at all.

My god! If Nikaido calls him Nii-chan....http://emoticoner.com/files/emoticons/onion-head/bled1-onion-head-emoticon.gif

Skyguardian
November 22, 2013, 06:08 PM
250: W-w-what a twist!

Dokoru is actually Nikaido(the sadist teacher)!!! At least I think that's what that scene was hinting at. Did not expect that at all.

My god! If Nikaido calls him Nii-chan....http://emoticoner.com/files/emoticons/onion-head/bled1-onion-head-emoticon.gif

Are you sure? Isn't it just Dokuro with a human body? As far as I know, Nikado-sensei is just a buddy.

Anyway. With this it was somewhat confirmed that this arc is the reason why Keima couldn't remember Tenri back then. :/ Now he has to open gaps in the hearts of the girls... I guess Keima will be a bit different from now on. He changed.

Jammin
November 22, 2013, 06:56 PM
Are you sure? Isn't it just Dokuro with a human body? As far as I know, Nikado-sensei is just a buddy.

Anyway. With this it was somewhat confirmed that this arc is the reason why Keima couldn't remember Tenri back then. :/ Now he has to open gaps in the hearts of the girls... I guess Keima will be a bit different from now on. He changed.I'm not even close to sure but that cloth gathers the goddesses doesn't it. So somebody at the school has to have it. And Nikaido has been at school wearing a strikingly similar piece of fabric as a choker around her neck since the beginning, and is mysteriously talented at spirit stuff yet always stayed away from revealing herself to Keima.

Is there anything there that doesn't fit?

By the way Sky if Nikaido does call Keima niichan after he comes back from the past, and I'm never heard from again. You can just assume I died of catastrophic nasal blood loss, and let the other mods know I died with no regrets.:nosebleed

Skyguardian
November 22, 2013, 07:08 PM
I'm not even close to sure but that cloth gathers the goddesses doesn't it. So somebody at the school has to have it. And Nikaido has been at school wearing a strikingly similar piece of fabric as a choker around her neck since the beginning, and is mysteriously talented at spirit stuff yet always stayed away from revealing herself to Keima.

Is there anything there that doesn't fit?

By the way Sky if Nikaido does call Keima niichan after he comes back from the past, and I'm never heard from again. You can just assume I died of catastrophic nasal blood loss, and let the other mods know I died with no regrets.:nosebleed

I reread the latest 3 chapters and came to the same conclusion. Apparently I misunderstood Dokuros words.
The age would fit and the appearance as well. :o

I will remember it. Although we might share the same fate...

MBVC
November 23, 2013, 05:54 PM
What if there is a double twists? This piece of info is just the surface layer of deeper truth.

masgrande
November 25, 2013, 09:20 AM
Just when he was feeling horrible for what he did to Chihiro and the other girls, and now he has to be the one to put then in that terrible situation. Creating a time stable loop is truly a cruel thing when you know the bad consequences of your actions that need to happen.

Jammin
February 07, 2014, 10:52 AM
And so my time has come...

http://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p795/AlmightyJammin/TWGOK260_06_RHS_zps30a4765d.png
http://emoticoner.com/files/emoticons/crazy-monkey/crazy-monkey-emoticon-004.gif

Skyguardian
February 07, 2014, 11:53 AM
And so my time has come...

http://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p795/AlmightyJammin/TWGOK260_06_RHS_zps30a4765d.png
http://emoticoner.com/files/emoticons/crazy-monkey/crazy-monkey-emoticon-004.gif

Yeah I go with you... :faint :nosebleed

Epic chapter. Now the past and the present are gone... Diana has to do something.

MBVC
February 08, 2014, 06:22 PM
Is this the world without beginning & end? The old time loop is violated, now she has to create a new one.

thatguy3331
March 17, 2014, 06:42 PM
So the manga's gonna end soon... (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-03-17/the-world-god-only-knows-manga-to-end-in-next-volume)

I knew we were getting close to it but I didn't think it'd be this soon, hopefully its satisfying.

Jammin
March 19, 2014, 04:14 PM
So the manga's gonna end soon... (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-03-17/the-world-god-only-knows-manga-to-end-in-next-volume)

I knew we were getting close to it but I didn't think it'd be this soon, hopefully its satisfying.Wow, that surprises me. Though, considering where the plot is at, it probably shouldn't.

In the grand scheme of things I guess it is about time to tie things off. They can't just keep introducing new heroines until the end of time. I'll just have to hope it brings back my favorites for the finale; Kusunoki (The Karate Girl) and Chihiro (The Normal Girl).

Kaizou 10
March 23, 2014, 09:19 AM
Here is the message by the author (Wakaki Tamiki) about the upcoming end for this series (it is uploaded in his blog). Also, it is in Japanese:

えー、単行本の購入報告ありがとうございます。

リプもさせてもらっていますが、あえて、「帯の文」の内容には触れていません。先のことを今言ってもしかたねーと思ったので。

とまあ、その帯の件について、まとめてここでお話しますと。

そうなのです。神のみぞ知るセカイは次の第26巻で最終巻になります。

それどころか、次の巻で終わりということは、計算してもらったらわかりますが、サンデー誌上では残り5話か6話ぐらいで終了となります!ガガーン。自分で言っててびっくりしますが。

まあ、詳しい話は終わってからしますが、この終了についてはボクが自分で決めました。

皆さんには本当に沢山「やめないでください」というリプをもらいました。
これだけ長いこと続けてきて、まだやめないでと言ってくれる方がいてくれる。ホントにありがたいことです。

ラストスパート力を出し尽くそうと思います。

Skyguardian
April 05, 2014, 04:26 AM
So I hope this will start the final conqust or should I start route? I don't hope Elsie just vanishes like that. :crying
Her being something that evil people used again and again... So sad... :(
Well at least she got the biggest compliment a guy like Keima could ever give you.

MBVC
April 06, 2014, 04:26 PM
Can't believe the final boss is the lousiest partner, it's kinda sad though and hopefully we will have a time skip to see the final conclusion like Keima enters some big famous university still with his portable game console or something.

Utsune
April 07, 2014, 12:11 AM
Finaly boss = final conquest target? = kissy kissy for Elsie?? <--- This part I can't imagine Keima doing :lmao

I wonder if we'll ever see teenage Urara and Kaori before a time skip, if any.

Skyguardian
April 11, 2014, 09:00 AM
Okay my prediction from way back was correct. Chihiro!!! It is Chihiro!!! YES!!! :arf

Please no cop out at the end... Please... :uguu

I am so happy right now... :D

PS: Elsie as a normal sister... This is the ending she deserves... She FINALLY is the real little sister character she wanted to be. :')

Jammin
April 11, 2014, 11:40 AM
Okay my prediction from way back was correct. Chihiro!!! It is Chihiro!!! YES!!! :arf

Please no cop out at the end... Please... :uguu

I am so happy right now... :D

PS: Elsie as a normal sister... This is the ending she deserves... She FINALLY is te real little sister character she wanted to be. :')I like it too. Didn't expect it to go this way at all, either. Figured it would do one of those vague harem endings.

But I absolutely love the idea of a real ending with Chihiro.

thatguy3331
April 11, 2014, 11:42 AM
Everyone is losing their damn mind and I'm just:
http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/284/922/0e3.png

I'm just happy he chose someone and seems to mean it.

So long as Wakaki doesn't screw us over in the next chapter. I don't think he will but I'll be ready for it, these types of endings are the most controversial.

seiryoden
April 11, 2014, 11:49 AM
I find it hard to think of a recent manga (5 years, my God!) that has managed to delight me and piss me off me in equal measure in the way that TWGOK has, BUT: all sins forgiven because BEST GIRL WINS!!!! YAY!!!

Jammin
April 11, 2014, 02:39 PM
Everyone is losing their damn mind and I'm just:
http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/284/922/0e3.png

I'm just happy he chose someone and seems to mean it.

So long as Wakaki doesn't screw us over in the next chapter. I don't think he will but I'll be ready for it, these types of endings are the most controversial.It's such an unconventional thing to do though, that's why I'm so amazed by it. To end this manga with a canon ending with a single girl who was not one of the Goddesses is pretty surprising to me.

The safe thing to do would have been to just leave it unresolved. This is what most harem type series do. And I almost took it as a given that was the way this was going to go. The next safest would be to go for for the girls who got the most screen time in this case Tenri or Ayumi.

To me Chihiro seems like such a crazy choice. But also perfect because her "route" was probably the most memorable for me. And it was all about how she's never the special one. So her being special to Keima just perfect. The whole thing just clicks.

MBVC
April 16, 2014, 05:38 PM
Maybe this is only one of the many parallel universes in which Keima chooses different girl in different universe, perhaps one of them has the result Keima X Elsie too.

In modern games, there are multiple different kinds of ending, what we have seen so far is one of them and it's the first one.

-Ken-
April 16, 2014, 07:01 PM
I don't like Chihiro, but meh. I'm not Keima.

Utsune
April 18, 2014, 05:15 PM
^Multiple ending does sound interesting, but this here is a refreshing kind of ending no less indeed, compared to most harem series. Especially the way the various heroines are portrayed in trying to get back into their normal routine and whatnot... And Tenri-chan.... :wtf A great reminder that the protagonist from any rom-com series ultimately cannot romantically satisfy the childhood friend, the tomboy, the flat-chested, the glasses girl, the tsundere, the senpai, the idol, the pervert, the endowed, the kouhai, the trap, the shy girl, the imouto, the potato, the loli, and the rich girl, all at the same time, unless you're Rito-kun of course. I do personally like Chihiro, not that I prefer one over another. Interaction with Chihiro at the school festival seems to me one of the biggest turning point for Keima, so although I am surprised myself, it isn't totally unexpected either... anyways. Tenri-chan living with those final words in the letter for 10 years, it's not exactly a position easily understood especially we as readers see everything unfold in the order the manga is drawn... I still have to remind myself by the time she's looking out into the horizon by the shore, she has been rejected 10 years ago rather than the moment Katsuragi chooses Chihiro. Tenri-chan erai ne.

Ah my thoughts are all jumbled up /rant

Jammin
April 18, 2014, 05:51 PM
This ending wouldn't have worked for me in a lot of other harem comedies but for TWGOKs it just feels right to me.

One of the more satisfying series endings in a while actually.

I especially liked the way Nikaido's conversation maintained the way Kemia always looks at the real world like a game yet then showed that for Chihiro there were real feelings underneath it. Also loved that late revelation that Nikaido was always treating him so harshly due to jealousy.:XD

The Nii-san part was just the cherry on top.:nosebleed

Cyrs
April 19, 2014, 02:46 AM
This ending wouldn't have worked for me in a lot of other harem comedies but for TWGOKs it just feels right to me.

One of the more satisfying series endings in a while actually.

I especially liked the way Nikaido's conversation maintained the way Kemia always looks at the real world like a game yet then showed that for Chihiro there were real feelings underneath it. Also loved that late revelation that Nikaido was always treating him so harshly due to jealousy.:XD

The Nii-san part was just the cherry on top.:nosebleed

I agree totally. I wish there was more of an epilogue (as I do about any series that ends) but this series at least ended in a very fitting way.

I'll miss it.

Skyguardian
April 19, 2014, 09:29 AM
It was a great ending. No cop out. They will become a couple. No need for a kiss or anything because they've already been there... It ends with the perfect girl for him. The one who never was a part of the bigger scheme. A simple girl who fell in love with Keima on her own and she finally was accepted. I'm so happy... :crying

I do feel a bit sorry for Tenri. She loved him for a long time but not everyone can get a happy ending.

Dokurou fulfilled my final wish and called him Onii-chan with a big smile...

Yes the ending was rushed. The final arc was over way too soon but the fact that Keima followed his heart and got such an ending... :')
I will miss this Manga. It was really great.

Doraku
April 20, 2014, 08:25 AM
Definitely a good conclusion, I wish it lasted longer :( but in all honesty, I have no disappointment over the closure. I'm really glad he ended up with Chihiro too, she's not exactly my most favorite girl, nonetheless I'm agree that she might be the best girl for Keima.

thatguy3331
April 22, 2014, 12:34 AM
The ending was perfectly satisfying, a little rushed? Sure (but still better paced than Psyren's imho) but overall everything feels conclusive and I feel I can properly lay this series down now that it's over. I can't wait to see what Wakaki does next.