PDA

View Full Version : Chapter One Piece 569 Discussion / 570 Prediction

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

Gats
January 10, 2010, 10:38 AM
are you confused?
<hr noshade size="1">

i said that because oda stated that strong world would be the last time we see luffy as a 17 year old. thing is i just dont see how such a young crew can stand at the top of the pirate world. just take the people at marineford, if the strawhats were here, it would be like throwing lambs to crocodiles. luffy is having a hard enough time, just imagine what it would be like this for the others.

luffy wants to be pirate king, so the strawhats will have to be better than the 4 yonkou crews eventually. the 2 yonkou crews we have seen have some seasoned vets on their crew, and im sure the same goes for the other 2 as well.
it took all the strawhats to take down 1 pacifista, and hancock took it out with 1 blow.

if they dont age a bit, i hope they get some serious upgrades before they reunite.

I already know about Oda but it can't be the consequence of the healing hormones, otherwise it would already be done. I don't think Kuma would know that Luffy would have such a treatment by sending him here in order to get stronger, and this is a Shounen, so it's quite possible, even more in One Piece where the craziest thing can happen, that a bunch of teenagers (despite Robin, Franky and Brooks) will be on the top, just like other shonens.

Besides, I don't see why you say Luffy has to be "27" to get stronger, while he is still 17, while the others guys in the crew won't get older, they didn't receive Iva treatment. If you think that Luffy's body must age to be stronger, why it wouldn't apply for the crew ?

jimm120
January 10, 2010, 10:40 AM
no im not saying everyone will get 10 years older, just luffy. remeber in impel downs when invonkov gave him the healing hormones? invonkov said it would take 10 years from his life, and also oda saying we wouldnt see him as a 17 year old anymore, after strong world.

it seems they come out with a new one piece movie every year, so by the next movie, we will not see a 17 year old luffy anymore. it would be wrong to have a young luffy in the manga/anime, then he be older in the movies.

the way i figure, after this war we will get a strawhats reunion arc, then on to fishman island. luffy will still be in a coma, and when he wakes up, he will have the body of a 27 year old. after an event happens on fishman island and a new crewmate joins then the strawhats will be off to the new world.

i figure movie 11 setting will be in the new world, and 2011 will be the start of the new world arcs

So, what I get from your comments is that you think that while Luffy will be in a coma, his BODY will age quicker because of all of the hormones pumped into him by Ivankov.

Ok...seems plausible if you explain it like I just did. Still, I'm sure many people will still think of the Ivankov explanations as being that he has had 10 years CUT from his live (as in he'll die younger), not that he'll age at an accelerated rate that will make him 10 years older.

But plausible nonetheless.

chess4
January 10, 2010, 11:16 AM
my thing i just dont think oda would say this is the last time we see luffy as a 17 year old, if he didnt have something planned.

Zero1986
January 10, 2010, 11:36 AM
i said that because oda stated that strong world would be the last time we see luffy as a 17 year old. thing is i just dont see how such a young crew can stand at the top of the pirate world. just take the people at marineford, if the strawhats were here, it would be like throwing lambs to crocodiles. luffy is having a hard enough time, just imagine what it would be like this for the others.

luffy wants to be pirate king, so the strawhats will have to be better than the 4 yonkou crews eventually. the 2 yonkou crews we have seen have some seasoned vets on their crew, and im sure the same goes for the other 2 as well.
it took all the strawhats to take down 1 pacifista, and hancock took it out with 1 blow.

if they dont age a bit, i hope they get some serious upgrades before they reunite.

Where can I find this interview in which Oda said that SW would be the last time we see a 17 year old Luffy? If that is true, and I'm not saying it is/isn't, I'd imagine it's a foreshadowing of a time-skip. A la Naruto. I could see something like that happening with all of the Mugiwara Pirates being separated on different Island, and Luffy being nursed back to health with the Revolutionaries for a little while. Maybe 1-2 years.

I definitely don't agree with the "17 year old in a 27 year old's body". What Iva-Chan was referring to is that the Vigour Hormones would take years off Luffy's body, not increase his physical age.

Yabe
January 10, 2010, 11:41 AM
@Zero1986: You can find it here (http://mangahelpers.com/news/details/292).

And if anyone is interested to futher discuss particularly about the possibility or your thoughts on this information, please do it within this thread (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56030).

chess4
January 10, 2010, 12:03 PM
i hope rayleigh shows up next chapter. we havent seen him since the strawhats were seperated. he just has to show up. no way he lets his best friends son die without trying to save him. maybe invonkov can give WB a vigour shot, so he can fight like his old self. if rayleigh and a reenergized WB can fight side by side and if garp has a change of heart and helps the alliance by holding off sengoku, then maybe luffy can get to the platform.

anyway i hope next chapter is great, especially with this 2 week break.

isrnick
January 10, 2010, 12:30 PM
I think that Garp helping the pirates is completely out of question.

The maximum he could do would be to let Luffy pass to the platform without attacking him. But I doubt he would even do that.

chess4
January 10, 2010, 12:42 PM
I think that Garp helping the pirates is completely out of question.

The maximum he could do would be to let Luffy pass to the platform without attacking him. But I doubt he would even do that.

i dont see any other way ace will be saved? kizaru, aokiji, akainu, and sengoku are all still pretty fresh. marco and jozu are down for the moment. WB is hanging on by a thread, and jinbei plus the other commanders are guarding him. invonkov is by luffy's side and luffy is headed towards the platform. even though luffy just a had a little outburst, he still doesnt know how to control his haki. i still dont think he can take on sengoku or one of the admirals. if garp fights then its all down hill for the pirates. Buggy is still out there but what really can he do. luffy has the key, so he has to make it to the platform, unless mr 3 makes a key, and he frees ace. if ace gets loose then he can help fight.

he is a logia user so he probaly can hold off one of the admirals for a while. lets not forget their are still plenty of VA out there.

its all bad right now for the pirates

Seleno
January 10, 2010, 02:15 PM
By the way... I got a funny idea

Mr 3 powers Luffy's arm up with some kind of wax plattform, then Mr. 1 gives Luffy some starting help for a high jump (Luffy stands on his Blade arms and he throws him up), and after this Luffy does a little Gumo Gumo no Pistole with the arm equipped with the wax and on this wax Buggy is standing. While Buggy is "flying" now he chops of his hand with the key given by Luffy and opens the handcuffs on this way. Buggy will fly above Sengoku (all the marines are looking at him and are laughing about the idiotic try to reach Ace which also seemed to fail) and in the same moment Buggy's hand opens the handcuffs.
(I think this could work without Mr1, too)
Or everything as described happens by a number of accidents xD

But the problem would be: Why should Buggy and Mr.3 help Luffy to free Ace? Perhaps to get out of the battlefield? And would Buggy be able to control his hand in front of the Kairouseki handcufffs?

That scenario reminds me of the Alabasta thing with Vivi jumping up to the big clock with the help of the others.

That was just a quick and stupid idea xD

DoItDoItDoIt
January 10, 2010, 03:49 PM
luffy will lose 10 years of his life, and oda saying that strong world will be luffy's last adventure leads me to believe, that after luffy comes out of the coma, he will be a 17 year old boy in a 27 year old man's body.

i never thought a 17 year old could become PK. if luffy's body is matured to 27, then his haki would become stronger as well. i dont know how that will throw off the the dynamic of the crew though. luffy and usopp acting silly together is one of the best parts of the crew. i just hate luffy is going to lose 10 years of his life. so many questions to be answered.

maybe heĀ“ll just get 18 :amuse

johnnyb7
January 10, 2010, 06:00 PM
PREDICTION

turns out buggy is the mastermind behind everything and kills luffy and becomes the pirate king

END
[hr]
but seriously, next chapter I think luffy's gonna show some of his stuff and the last page may be a double page of luffy punching aokoji or one of the other admirals (and it hitting them)

chess4
January 10, 2010, 06:33 PM
i really dont think he will ue haki next chapter. i think this like when he fought the snake sisters. it was just a outburst. im curious to what direction oda will take. i know we will get reaction from some poeple on luffy having king's haki, but besides that, i have no clue. hipefully we ill get spoilers tomorrow

seishi
January 10, 2010, 06:44 PM
i really dont think he will ue haki next chapter. i think this like when he fought the snake sisters. it was just a outburst. im curious to what direction oda will take. i know we will get reaction from some poeple on luffy having king's haki, but besides that, i have no clue. hipefully we ill get spoilers tomorrow

i guess he will use it without noticing.. =/
just like he beated that big bull on the hacchi rescue

i wonder if that instinct issue is related =\

deffkryz
January 10, 2010, 06:49 PM
Okay, Luffy used haoshoku three times by now. You guys really don't think Luffy got behind that mechanism how to unleash it? That last cryout looked very different from the first two outbursts.

isrnick
January 10, 2010, 07:28 PM
I think it is possible that Hancock explained to Luffy about his haki during the trip to ID, and only now he is beginning to get a grasp of the thing... Oda could put this in a flashback.

White Silver King
January 10, 2010, 07:32 PM
Ok where the hell is everyone getting this coma crap from? I've heard atleast a dozen different people talking about how Luffy is/will be in a coma.

isrnick
January 10, 2010, 07:42 PM
Ok where the hell is everyone getting this coma crap from? I've heard atleast a dozen different people talking about how Luffy is/will be in a coma.

Nowhere...

Oda said in the OP Volume 0 that the Strong World movie is the last of Luffy's aventures as a 17 years old guy, and now the people are wondering what this means, and some are assuming already that Luffy is gonna be in a coma, and there will be a time-skip in the history line...

But don't worry about it... It is just plain speculation.

White Silver King
January 10, 2010, 07:54 PM
He'll probably just have a birthday, seems a lot more plausible than him slipping into a coma for several years.

Razh
January 10, 2010, 08:08 PM

It's not "coma crap", it's "coma prediction". Learn some fucking manners.:amuse

Ivankov announced that Luffy will have heavy side effects after the first vigor hormone therapy. Then he warned Luffy that he'll almost certainly die after getting another vigor hormone dose.
Since we're all pretty sure that Luffy will survive, it is only natural to conclude that he's going to be out for days, maybe not in a coma, but certainly in a deep slumber.

And coma is shorter than deep slumber so there you go.

Super Angillis
January 10, 2010, 08:57 PM
Luffy tends to crash, and be out of it for a while after major fights, like Crocodile, and Lucci. Combine that with Ivanakov's warnings about his Vigor Hormones, and Luffy is probably going to be out for at least a week, In my opinion. Personally I'm not predicting an actual timeskip, but I can see a short one while Luffy is sleeping.

White Silver King
January 10, 2010, 08:59 PM
And coma is shorter than deep slumber so there you go.

A coma is shorter than deep sleep? Jesus you must sleep A LOT! A deep sleep lasts a couple dozen hours at the extreme most but a coma can last for decades.

frontaLobotomy
January 10, 2010, 09:04 PM
Not to stray from the actual topic, but a coma can last anything from 2 minutes to 20 years, there is no timescale for things like that oddly enough. As stated already, Luffy has gone through a lot of punishment to get to where he is at now, maybe more punishment than in any other Arc so far. He's going to be out of commission for a little while, but not for years or anything like that. A month perhaps, but not much more.

Vadz
January 10, 2010, 09:31 PM
"This story is Luffy's last adventure as a 17 year old so watch it over and over again!"

We know that 'In this story, the adventure of luffy being 17 years old boy is over"
then we assume that the next adventure for luffy is when he's NOT 17 years old anymore (might be 18 ? 19 ?... who knows)...
don't think it too deep, i like luffy however he is.

johnnyb7
January 10, 2010, 10:26 PM
I can see Luffy being in a coma for a little while, perhaps a month or so and they could just say he's turned 18 during that month, and his crew could go on to fishman island while he recovers and perhaps partake in the next adventure without his aid. This being said I could also see them going on a giant adventure on fishman island and then Luffy waking up near the end of it to kick some serious ass and being superpowered, haha.

But I'm not going to think that much about the comment on Luffy's age that Oda made, I simply don't think that's worth worrying about. I SERIOUSLY doubt that there will be a big time skip. At most I could see a 1-3 months in a coma. But that's all.

Maybe he'll turn 18 just to signify him becoming a man? A man who's gonna KICK SOME F***ING ASS IN THE NEW WORLD!!!!..... As opposed to a 17 year old, since he could still be seen as a child if that was the case. So becoming 18 could just be for the sake of him being viewed as a grown and powerful man by the world as opposed to being a powerful child.

The pirate king shouldn't be 17 years old after all, at least 18 would work.

Winlyx-chan
January 10, 2010, 10:37 PM
I can't see luffy being in a coma so much as him just needing lots of rest. However after Oda's comment I can see a little time skip. Perhaps he will make Luffy 20 like the age ace is now, btw for those who don't know 20 is drinking age in japan so making Luffy old enough to leagally dirnk wouldn't be to bad. That way Luffy won't have such a sever change in appearence or attitude, just enough to be a difference.

What I really want to know is when will the rest of the crew come back, and what's going to happen to Ace. I'ts pretty obvious that Oda isn't going to kill Ace off (I'm even starting to wonder if he's going to kill WB off) but after the war if there really is going to be a time skip I'm curious what Ace's fate will be. I can't see Ace being rfescued then Luffy just leaving to look for his crew.

chess4
January 10, 2010, 10:56 PM
the reason i say luffy will be in a coma is because, luffy has been the main focus for a year and a half now. the other strawhats only got 2 cover pages each. if luffy is in a coma, that will give oda a chance to focus on the others, without having us(the reader) wondering what luffy is doing. oda is the man and what makes one piece great is constant character development of each character. luffy needs to get out of the spotlight for a while, to let the others shine.

i see something roughly like this. after this war, someone(rayleigh, jinbei, invonkov, boa, or someone)will go back to SA with luffy. luffy vigor shot will wear off, then he will pass out. since all the strawhats have vivi cards, they will meet back at SA somehow, then they will head to fishman island along with jinbei, hacchan, camie, and pappagg. something will take place, and the hats will have to fight on FI, and show how much they have grown. towards the end luffy will wake up and rejoice that he is with his crew again, and fight as well. an unknown fishman will join, then its off to the new world

camil222
January 10, 2010, 10:58 PM
im almost certain there wont be any timeskip. if there is ill be soooo pissed. having a time skip is definately not odas style. its only crappy mangas like naruto where they have to put a time skip cause they dont have anymore ideas.

im pretty sure wat oda means is that luffy will turn 18 years old. its just to put the reader in context. to say that it took them about a full year to get to where they are now. i wouldnt see the reason of a time skip, oda made it clear that it doesnt take a certain age to become pirate king it only takes experience.

craziii
January 10, 2010, 11:18 PM
Luffy tends to crash, and be out of it for a while after major fights, like Crocodile, and Lucci. Combine that with Ivanakov's warnings about his Vigor Hormones, and Luffy is probably going to be out for at least a week, In my opinion. Personally I'm not predicting an actual timeskip, but I can see a short one while Luffy is sleeping.

that is totally different than time skip, where the entire setting and characters change.

@chess: OP doing a time skip? please! don't drag OP down to narutard level. oda never runs out of material, he plans all of his arc like year and years ahead. you will notice this if you are an OP fan.

elitefox
January 10, 2010, 11:18 PM
if I think of a dark prediction...

Ace will be freed but Luffy will be caught in this war, then the strawhats with maybe the revolutionaries will try to free Luffy.

This will give the other SH crew + intro of the revolutionary... maybe Ace will plan to free him too.

Just my dark prediction though

chess4
January 10, 2010, 11:28 PM
that is totally different than time skip, where the entire setting and characters change.

@chess: OP doing a time skip? please! don't drag OP down to narutard level. oda never runs out of material, he plans all of his arc like year and years ahead. you will notice this if you are an OP fan.

so you are saying a 17 year old, with a relatively young crew, is going to pirate king?

no one knows how long one piece has progressed. 4 month? 7 months? i just cant see luffy becoming pirate king 2-3 years(one piece time) surpassing super pirates like the yonkou and the shichibukai in a few years.

just look at WB's commanders, some of those boys look like they will cut your head off and drink the blood.

the strawhats will get 1 or 2 more members, so each member is going to have to be as a shichibukai. i just cant see that happening right now.

i just hope oda makes it good.

Poneglyph420
January 10, 2010, 11:40 PM
There is a timeskip thread isn't there..

Anyways Luffy has just unleashed more of his Haki than ever before..
And probably is straining himself more than ever too..
IF Luffy can get to Ace and somehow help to get him out He would be out for weeks IMO... Maybe some time for things to settle..

I just hope him and Ace make it out and find a way to at least take an admiral down....
(Kizaru)

johnnyb7
January 10, 2010, 11:49 PM
I think Luffy's gonna fight until an inch from death then Rayleigh will come in and save him, but I don't think he'll actually fight any, he'd just come in to save him (and buggy haha). I still can't say I think Ace will be saved though, I have my doubts, although I do hope he lives, deep down I just feel like he won't make it.....

Fox666
January 11, 2010, 12:57 AM
i dont see any other way ace will be saved? kizaru, aokiji, akainu, and sengoku are all still pretty fresh. marco and jozu are down for the moment. WB is hanging on by a thread, and jinbei plus the other commanders are guarding him. invonkov is by luffy's side and luffy is headed towards the platform. even though luffy just a had a little outburst, he still doesnt know how to control his haki. i still dont think he can take on sengoku or one of the admirals. if garp fights then its all down hill for the pirates. Buggy is still out there but what really can he do. luffy has the key, so he has to make it to the platform, unless mr 3 makes a key, and he frees ace. if ace gets loose then he can help fight.

he is a logia user so he probaly can hold off one of the admirals for a while. lets not forget their are still plenty of VA out there.

its all bad right now for the piratesYou just forgot over 20 Pacifistas... that's the scariest thing, in my oppinion.

Winlyx-chan
January 11, 2010, 01:03 AM
I think Luffy's gonna fight until an inch from death then Rayleigh will come in and save him, but I don't think he'll actually fight any, he'd just come in to save him (and buggy haha). I still can't say I think Ace will be saved though, I have my doubts, although I do hope he lives, deep down I just feel like he won't make it.....

Again I point out Oda showed us Hancock giving Luffy the key for a reason. If Ace was ment to die that Oda wouldn't had given Luffy the key to Ace's cuffs in the first place. There was no reason for that sceen other then to provide Luffy with help in getting the Seastone cuffs off his wrists and freeing Ace. Not to mention that if ace was still in danger I can't see Luffy leaving even if he was at death's door so to speak. Oda most likely has plans for Ace which means his surival. What those plans are however are anyone's guess (Though I would love to see him join the SH pirates at some point down the line as unlikely as it is)

Lee-tyme7
January 11, 2010, 02:09 AM
Oda said in the OP Volume 0 that the Strong World movie is the last of Luffy's aventures as a 17 years old guy, and now the people are wondering what this means, and some are assuming already that Luffy is gonna be in a coma, and there will be a time-skip in the history line...

But don't worry about it... It is just plain speculation.

lol...I doubt there's gonna be a time skip, maybe for a month or so for luffy to recover from his injuries. I'm all for this coma thing and Amazon Lilly is the perfect place for him to rest at. Boa Hancock will definetly love to take him back home with her. She's going to have him all to herself every night, Kill Bill style. LOL!

Dim
January 11, 2010, 02:10 AM
lol u are forgetting this is ODA... there could be soem story of Boa being given the opportuinty to steal teh key or something on purpose to prove she is disloyal! i figure hancock got the key in impeldown when she knowcked down magellan or soemthing similar to that and im sure they will be able to see that on a den den visual etc

who knows! i wouldnt ride off buggy either! if whitebeard said that the buggy and the impel crew were enough to give him a lil bit of a prob- then id say they are enough to make some rukus!

I doubt marcus will regenerate! but i dont think he will die! but we will see, Joz im not sure about- i cant see ice being able to make a diamond more brittle than its natural form! but its One piece world and not real life so who knows!

i think everyone has been hoping on luffy connecting an admiral! and why would luffy need haki to hit sengoku??? unless sengoku is logia- its more luffy not being able to keep up with his fighting capabilities!

anyways it is evident luffy is using his haki mroe and more, just a matter of time till he gets his head around it!

so far im holding for-
rayleigh sunyy and the mugiwaras
dragon :DDDDDDDDDDDDDD
an unknown pirate crew (someone we havent seen)
the guy who opened the gates?
black beard\
doubt shanks or any yonkou would appear!
the gorussi :)
lol to many ppl that i would like to see i guess

joyner
January 11, 2010, 02:37 AM
Lord Enel will shoot million volts of electricity in the fight scene and all of them will be stunned for about 5 mins, only luffy can move and rescue ace.

LOL! i cant think of any way on how luffy will save ace, specially with those top tier fighter of the WG. This will be a tough test for Oda sensei on how he will clean up those mess with elegance.

bill4364
January 11, 2010, 02:59 AM
i mean there are plenty of things that could happen that arnt to ridiculous i think....

personal preference for me would be for shanks to show up (haha because i really just want shanks and luffy to see each other, maybe at least shanks showing up and saving luffy and then luffy passing out or what not so that they dont necessarily have to havve the real reunion of the two yet, but what i want to happen in mangas never does, im just sayin :D)

but sengoku has been saying how WB is still a threat until he is dead so he'll do something nuts coming up i bet

id be extremely surprised if ace died after all luffys been going through and i think that ace is gonna get freed soon and start fighting somehow

garps been conflicted this whole time and i bet he is going to help free ace somehow in the end

and luffys could start whooping some unexpectedly serious ass here for a couple chapters, like he is so desperate to save ace and even though he cant control his haki i feel like the stuff thats going on would be a good way for oda to show that luffy has some ridiculously strong haki as a precursor for way later in the manga when he will be able to control it and all that jazz

and i mean the end could be some mix of all those things because none of them by itself is gonna settle this big ass fight, im just saying i dont think that oda has made a big mess here with no good way to end it.

all i know is that i dont see how ace can die... WB is gonna die, then man was already sick and he said like straight up he was gonna die, and if he dies ace has gotta live or there is just gonna be a big ass void there. plus after luffy failed to save his crew (in his mind) it would be just wrong for him to also fail saving his brother.... but maybe im just being to optimistic we'll see

zagorka
January 11, 2010, 03:27 AM
I'm thinking Whitebeard will also have Iva give him some hormones, and we will finally see why he was given the title, the strongest man alive. But doing so will probably mean his inevitable end, being that his body won't be able to withstand the side-effects at his age. While Whitebeard slowly becomes more of a destructive threat, the Marine's focus will be on him (Mostly the Admirals, I'm guessing). Jimbei, Hancock, Iva, and maybe a few other WB commanders, will help Luffy save Ace, fighting/holding off Vice-Admirals. Still there's Sengoku and Garp, which makes me believe that the mysterious person who let them in to begin with will finally emerge, and distract them for Ace's release. Or Black-beard will show up and do something. Either of the two.

Dim
January 11, 2010, 04:46 AM
ivankov isnt really an ally of whitebear IMO to go aorund helping out! but then again having the same enemy in common is enough! same goal in a sense! still think it would be stupid if ivankov were to use his power on WB! the worlds strongest man is the worlds strongest man! we still havent seen a proper sizemic quake imo hahaha meausring 10209390201019 ont eh rictascale :p

Szaman
January 11, 2010, 04:47 AM
No way Oda will put such a timeskip into his manga... It will ruin everything. Robin is 27 right now and she's pretty beatiful... So what you expect to see after that timeskip, huh? A 37-yr old woman?

What do you have against 37 year old women (but I guess you can be excused... You're only 18)? Especially in a fantasy world of drawn characters who, apart from really old farts, do not show any distinctive markers of their age, like white hair, wrinkles etc?
Does "matureing" of a character means only bigger muscles for you?

lol u are forgetting this is ODA... there could be soem story of Boa being given the opportuinty to steal teh key or something on purpose to prove she is disloyal! i figure hancock got the key in impeldown when she knowcked down magellan or soemthing similar to that and im sure they will be able to see that on a den den visual etc

who knows! i wouldnt ride off buggy either! if whitebeard said that the buggy and the impel crew were enough to give him a lil bit of a prob- then id say they are enough to make some rukus!

I doubt marcus will regenerate! but i dont think he will die! but we will see, Joz im not sure about- i cant see ice being able to make a diamond more brittle than its natural form! but its One piece world and not real life so who knows!

i think everyone has been hoping on luffy connecting an admiral! and why would luffy need haki to hit sengoku??? unless sengoku is logia- its more luffy not being able to keep up with his fighting capabilities!

anyways it is evident luffy is using his haki mroe and more, just a matter of time till he gets his head around it!

so far im holding for-
rayleigh sunyy and the mugiwaras
dragon :DDDDDDDDDDDDDD
an unknown pirate crew (someone we havent seen)
the guy who opened the gates?
black beard\
doubt shanks or any yonkou would appear!
the gorussi :)
lol to many ppl that i would like to see i guess

First of all - I Boa was to be a subject of any organized action and survillance to check her loyalty WHY in tha name of all that's holy would she be left out of the Impel Down? She was handcuffed and surrounded almost all the time there. If by any chance she stole the key at MHQ, then WHY would Fleet Admiral Sengoku would allow her (in his own words someone extremly strong and dangerous - refer to the page when he comments her arrival was announced) to roam free on the battlefield of one of the biggest most important fights ever? And WHY would a pacifista say "an ally" and stop the lazor-attack too?

Also, about the theories "Ace/Jimbei/Croc will join SHs" - No, they won't. Ace was, is and will be a WB's son. His follower and commander, he clearly wants to compete with Luffy. Jimbei was always WB's friend and ows a lot to WB, he is Aces friend and is (as a frequent visitor on their ship) friend of the crew/rest of the commanders. And now, they will suddenly say, "screw it all, we go with Luff"? Riiiigth.
Croc is a different league. For starters, I can't see him being subordinate of someone who he has absolutely no respect for. Secondly, why on earth would he want to help someone ELSE be a PK? He's ambition-driven egocentric guy (he was dead serious about going all out against WB, only the twist of events stopped him - WB getting stabbed and turning out to be "weak" compared to what Croc believed him to be), not a charity-minded benefactor of rookies.
Boa is a nice candidate at first glance. Amazon Isle? She didn't give a crap about it back when she wasn't madly in love with Luffy, much less now (it was a mean to an end - the end being a refuge from men and a place that accepts her along with her fake story, no questions asked, and that would allow her to proceed with her pirate career). The inhabitants can take care of themselfs, they always did, she wouldn't be the firs emperess to gone missing - besides Boa herself won't stop the WG if it was inclined to get rid of the Kuja, she may be a shichi, but a small armada + 1 Admiral would be enough. Problem with her is, she's too much for SHs now. I can bet any money she would make mince meat out of all the straw hats at once. Add to that that her attitude towards other people may like a burning fuse put in a barrel of gun powder. So no, it's a nice tought, but unreall.
So unless Oda desides to radically change the mental/psychological framework of one of those characters to fit in with the SHs, or to bend them into more "social" characters it's all nothing but wishfull thinking.

deffkryz
January 11, 2010, 05:05 AM
What do you have against 37 year old women (but I guess you can be excused... You're only 18)? Especially in a fantasy world of drawn characters who, apart from really old farts, do not show any distinctive markers of their age, like white hair, wrinkles etc?

Why should he be in need of an excuse for liking a 27 year old woman over a 37 year old one? It even doesn't matter whether or not he's 18, 29, 88 or 139.

Right: Everything is about personal tastes. All he said was that he wouldn't like to watch a 37 year old Robin. That's it.

BTW, I wouldn't want either. Not because I dislike women aged 30+ but I like the characters as they are now.

To women?! :blink

The inhabitants can take care of themselfs, they always did, she wouldn't be the firs emperess to gone missing - besides Boa herself won't stop the WG if it was inclined to get rid of the Kuja, she may be a shichi, but a small armada + 1 Admiral would be enough.

I highly doubt that an Admiral wouldn't be hurt by those haki imbuked arrows... And with Hancock, a "small Armada" would never be enough. She'd look innocently and then petrify the whole bunch of them.

Razh
January 11, 2010, 05:35 AM
A coma is shorter than deep sleep? Jesus you must sleep A LOT! A deep sleep lasts a couple dozen hours at the extreme most but a coma can last for decades.

:facepalm:facepalm:facepalm:facepalm:facepalm

A word "coma" is shorter than the term "deep slumber". Thanks for making me laugh. :tem

moonster x
January 11, 2010, 06:01 AM
Oda done a time skip before... at starting of One Piece... a ten year after luffy meet shanks...hahaha... well... we still dont know if there will be time skip again...:p

sakoro
January 11, 2010, 06:07 AM
Oda done a time skip before... at starting of One Piece... a ten year after luffy meet shanks...hahaha... well... we still dont know if there will be time skip again...:p
Yes, this is true. But he dosen't needed to does it. He could do someting like in anime, strange boy found in barell and then intruduce Luffy to reading people, perhaps he tinks that is beatter then we got indruduce Shanks in later than in the first epizode.

^^^
| | |

Blury txt, yea i to don't understand half of it :)

Szaman
January 11, 2010, 06:44 AM
Why should he be in need of an excuse for liking a 27 year old woman over a 37 year old one? It even doesn't matter whether or not he's 18, 29, 88 or 139.

Right: Everything is about personal tastes. All he said was that he wouldn't like to watch a 37 year old Robin. That's it.

What he wrote was not about his "like" or "dislike", but more in terms of just how preposterous and utterly unthinkable it would be to have someone that old in the serious (ye, I know... people don't live that long, all 30+ are zombies).

BTW, I wouldn't want either. Not because I dislike women aged 30+ but I like the characters as they are now.

So what is the reason you wouldn't like to see Robin again after 10 years? Will she suddenly become blond and grow mustaches during those 10 years?
I can't get it, why do you even assume they would look any different (apart from their clothing)? Why did this even become an issue (and it did, since it is an argument agains this so called "time skip")?
The drawing style is... simplistic, to say the least, when it comes to showing the accurate age of a character in One Piece and I heavily doubt that Oda would suddenly start to care about this, and I doubt that the less eagle-eyed readers would notice any difference in the characters apperace.
And to finish this off - you like them as they are, but how can you know if (provided any change in apperance will happen) they wouldn't look BETTER after the "ageing"?

I highly doubt that an Admiral wouldn't be hurt by those haki imbuked arrows... And with Hancock, a "small Armada" would never be enough. She'd look innocently and then petrify the whole bunch of them.

So, you suggest that bows and arrows would beat the naval artillery bombardment (a.k.a mini-buster call), haki or no haki? And that admirals are more suseptive to Boa's charms then Momonga was? And that even if, that it can work on great distances (who said, that e.g. Kizaru will take her head on in melee)? Even the weakling like Luffy could evade being hit while the whole town was hunting him down. And you say, that someone far superior to him in terms of both power and fighting experience would be in danger?
Sure, her innocent look may be a weapon, but you do realize, that the WB and Marine tops are quite aware of her methods of desposing of her enemies?

Also you realy think that the single pirate vessel the Kuja have (at least we ever heard about just one - one ship, one Kuja Pirates crew) would be able to take on an armada of PREPARED marine battle ships? Oh come on...
Further more, wasn't there something said in the Amazon Lily arc that only the lack of ships that can cross the calm belt and the shichi title protect the Kuja? Not: "we can piss them off as much as we can, we're stronger anyhow".
The Kuja pirates would hit a pretty rough water after loosing the protection of Boa's title as their base is well known to the marines and they are just one crew.

Not bashing on you, but it does not make any sense (even provided that it's Oda's world and he set the rules of logic there).
Boa, however powerfull she is, is not Whitebeard. She can't protect territories just by saying "I'll kick your ass if you tresspass". She's a threat, sure, but nothing World Goverment can't deal with given some time and proper impulse to start moving.

YamFrie
January 11, 2010, 08:26 AM

Lol. The thing is that THE MAJORITY would definatly prefer watching Robin as she's now (young... pretty...). If she ages a little bit more then it's not a big deal but 37 is just way too much.

deffkryz
January 11, 2010, 08:32 AM
What he wrote was not about his "like" or "dislike", but more in terms of just how preposterous and utterly unthinkable it would be to have someone that old in the serious (ye, I know... people don't live that long, all 30+ are zombies).

As I said: Everything is about personal tastes.

So what is the reason you wouldn't like to see Robin again after 10 years? Will she suddenly become blond and grow mustaches during those 10 years?

Hey, I haven't referred to how she would look in ten years. You are the one doing this. I prefer the "now" versions because Oda would have to fill a very big gap in their personal development. A 37 year old Robin would most certainly not act like as if she was 27.

And no: Apparently Robin would look almost the same I guess, she may have a dimple when she smiles and longer hair but that's it.

I can't get it, why do you even assume they would look any different (apart from their clothing)? Why did this even become an issue (and it did, since it is an argument agains this so called "time skip")?

You've made this an issue and are still insisting on it being an issue.

The drawing style is... simplistic, to say the least, when it comes to showing the accurate age of a character in One Piece and I heavily doubt that Oda would suddenly start to care about this, and I doubt that the less eagle-eyed readers would notice any difference in the characters apperace.

I guess you don't have to be "eagle-eyed" to be aware of how Nami's curves grew since the Arlong arc. Or that Sanji had a beard back on Amazon Lily that grew from Skypiea on... So even in this "simplistic" (troll?) drawing style Oda shows us: The characters are getting older.

And to finish this off - you like them as they are, but how can you know if (provided any change in apperance will happen) they wouldn't look BETTER after the "ageing"?

How can you know? And how should that affect me since I'm not going for how they look when I'm arguing against a time-skip?

After asking you back, I highly doubt that you have "finished this off".

So, you suggest that bows and arrows would beat the naval artillery bombardment (a.k.a mini-buster call), haki or no haki?

You know "Perfum femur" and what it does to cannon balls, swords and other weapons? And what makes you think, haki imbuked arrows can't stop cannon balls? Zoro cuts through them without using haki. Sanji kicks them back without using haki.

Don't try to come up with Ohara: Those were civilians. The Kuja are a warrior tribe, similar to those Shandia.

Also you realy think that the single pirate vessel the Kuja have (at least we ever heard about just one - one ship, one Kuja Pirates crew) would be able to take on an armada of PREPARED marine battle ships? Oh come on...

You're continuing to babble about things and theories that will never be occur in One Piece. You forgot the Sea Snakes the Kuja are in control of? Not even Sea Kings come close to Amazon Lily because of them. So it's pretty dangerous to get close to that island anyway.

An Armada doesn't consist of ships, cannons and admirals of course. There will be many cannon fodder soldiers, Hancock would petrify in an instant by that certain combo.

Further more, wasn't there something said in the Amazon Lily arc that only the lack of ships that can cross the calm belt and the shichi title protect the Kuja? Not: "we can piss them off as much as we can, we're stronger anyhow".
The Kuja pirates would hit a pretty rough water after loosing the protection of Boa's title as their base is well known to the marines and they are just one crew.

The whole bunch of inhabitants of that island are warriors, aren't doing much but fighting all day long and thus they are a para-military force.

I'm not saying that they are able to defend against any enemy since there is always someone stronger that outpwns some one super strong. In fact, I never said that they were able to defend against anyone and if you stopped to exaggerate and to pull facts to benefit your arguments, you would have noticed.

Not bashing on you,

Yeah... right... whatever... You were just "outright".

but it does not make any sense (even provided that it's Oda's world and he set the rules of logic there).

Maybe you should check whether or not you understood those rules. Amazon Lily being safe for Kuja also depends on whether or not male visitors may leave the island alive. It also depends on the island being in the Calm Belt, within the territory of the Sea Snakes that drive Sea Kings away, that the Kuja are a warrior tribe, that they have a feared(!) pirate crew and that every single tribe member is able to use haki. Sure Hancock's status as a shichibukai keeps the waters calm but don't you dare to slag Hancock or the rest of the Kuja off just because "Luffy won that fight against Sandersonia and Marigold".

Boa, however powerfull she is, is not Whitebeard. She can't protect territories just by saying "I'll kick your ass if you tresspass". She's a threat, sure, but nothing World Goverment can't deal with given some time and proper impulse to start moving.

Have a look on WB's territory, and then on Hancocks... This is many islands to one.

Before answering: Please calm down.

Necron
January 11, 2010, 12:51 PM
Just to be sure:

Dragon's enemy are not the marines directly right?
It's the world government, meaning that his enemies are those 5 old geezers, also called the 5 elders or the Gorousei.
So for him to show up i think we at least need some of those to enter the battle, which is unnecessairy since the marines are winning anyway.

I think that Ruffy will grap Ace and together with most of the pirates they will GTFO of there, leaving White Beard behind, who will save them some time...something like that.

The only ones i can imagine to step in the fight now are the Supernovas, but this is the last back up for the pirates to get, IMO.

_AceOfSpades_
January 11, 2010, 01:14 PM
Just to be sure:

Dragon's enemy are not the marines directly right?
It's the world government, meaning that his enemies are those 5 old geezers, also called the 5 elders or the Gorousei.
So for him to show up i think we at least need some of those to enter the battle, which is unnecessairy since the marines are winning anyway.
IMO.

lol the Gorousei are just the ones who are ruling, right? They are no match for this battle whatsoever. I doubt that they have any use in a fight. The marines on the other hand are the executive ~ sooooo they are fighting representing the Gorousei, so Dragon WOULD have the opportunity to take on the Gorousei in this war,... so I think that Dragon might appear. Either way, I really wonder what Garp will do, as things are know he's gonna be a key factor.

deffkryz
January 11, 2010, 01:30 PM
lol the Gorousei are just the ones who are ruling, right? They are no match for this battle whatsoever. I doubt that they have any use in a fight.

At least one of the Gorousei carries a sword. Two of them have visible scars when we saw them back in chapter 234. So apparently they have been in some kind of battle before.

chess4
January 11, 2010, 08:03 PM
At least one of the Gorousei carries a sword. Two of them have visible scars when we saw them back in chapter 234. So apparently they have been in some kind of battle before.

in my opinion, i think the gorousei are all very strong. like you said i cant see the guy with the sword just carrying it for decoration. maybe they are all former fleet admirals and admirals. also they look pretty tough.

http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/File:gorousei.jpg

looking at the dude with the big scar on his face and the dude with the scar on his chest. those are obviously battle scars. they all look like they can hold their own.

the 3 admirals have been said to be the strongest fighting force of the WG. i have a sneaky suspicion that the gorousei will be be stronger than them.

msg
January 11, 2010, 09:30 PM
could it be one them is fleet admira kong?:amuse.They do look regal.

pobeb
January 11, 2010, 10:08 PM
Interesting theories and predictions all around. My first post, so just something I've been thinking about...

From the way Oda is setting up the story, I feel like this battle is going to come to some huge climactic point, and just as the last blow is going to decide either side's fate, Blackbeard is going to pop up and wipe both sides. I think this has been the setting Oda has been looking to create, due to hints at a time-skip. I mean, a new arc beginning, with Blackbeard solidified as the main antagonist (having dealt the final blow to both WG and WB), seems logical to me.

Anywho, this is just my two cents. Judging by how unpredictable some of the events have been so far, I wouldn't be surprised if i was way off. :D

elitefox
January 12, 2010, 12:15 AM
lol the Gorousei are just the ones who are ruling, right? They are no match for this battle whatsoever. I doubt that they have any use in a fight. The marines on the other hand are the executive ~ sooooo they are fighting representing the Gorousei, so Dragon WOULD have the opportunity to take on the Gorousei in this war,... so I think that Dragon might appear. Either way, I really wonder what Garp will do, as things are know he's gonna be a key factor.

Well the marines are like the interpol but the countries themselves that is allied with the WG have their own soldier. I think the allied countries can send their men to help the government if there will be a full scale war against the revolutionaries.

I think Dragon only subdue marines/WG soldiers in a country where people doubt the marines...

a country is made of people, without the people the country is nothing but just land.
[hr]

in my opinion, i think the gorousei are all very strong. like you said i cant see the guy with the sword just carrying it for decoration. maybe they are all former fleet admirals and admirals. also they look pretty tough.

looking at the dude with the big scar on his face and the dude with the scar on his chest. those are obviously battle scars. they all look like they can hold their own.

the 3 admirals have been said to be the strongest fighting force of the WG. i have a sneaky suspicion that the gorousei will be be stronger than them.

I think it is pride of the marines... not WG well also pride but maybe not the strongest of the WG

FluffBall
January 12, 2010, 03:51 AM

They used to be the strongest but were promoted or sumthing so they could rule and stuff but are actually still very strong.

this is what i think

Zeltrax
January 12, 2010, 05:55 AM
They used to be the strongest but were promoted or sumthing so they could rule and stuff but are actually still very strong.

this is what i think

they are strong and old
:D
like whitebeard, they're pretty getting on their age and not as strong as before.
if not, why aren't they joining in this battle?

Lee-tyme7
January 12, 2010, 02:42 PM
Also, about the theories "Ace/Jimbei/Croc will join SHs" - No, they won't. Ace was, is and will be a WB's son. His follower and commander, he clearly wants to compete with Luffy. Jimbei was always WB's friend and ows a lot to WB, he is Aces friend and is (as a frequent visitor on their ship) friend of the crew/rest of the commanders. And now, they will suddenly say, "screw it all, we go with Luff"? Riiiigth.
Croc is a different league. For starters, I can't see him being subordinate of someone who he has absolutely no respect for. Secondly, why on earth would he want to help someone ELSE be a PK? He's ambition-driven egocentric guy (he was dead serious about going all out against WB, only the twist of events stopped him - WB getting stabbed and turning out to be "weak" compared to what Croc believed him to be), not a charity-minded benefactor of rookies.
Boa is a nice candidate at first glance. Amazon Isle? She didn't give a crap about it back when she wasn't madly in love with Luffy, much less now (it was a mean to an end - the end being a refuge from men and a place that accepts her along with her fake story, no questions asked, and that would allow her to proceed with her pirate career). The inhabitants can take care of themselfs, they always did, she wouldn't be the firs emperess to gone missing - besides Boa herself won't stop the WG if it was inclined to get rid of the Kuja, she may be a shichi, but a small armada + 1 Admiral would be enough. Problem with her is, she's too much for SHs now. I can bet any money she would make mince meat out of all the straw hats at once. Add to that that her attitude towards other people may like a burning fuse put in a barrel of gun powder. So no, it's a nice tought, but unreall.
So unless Oda desides to radically change the mental/psychological framework of one of those characters to fit in with the SHs, or to bend them into more "social" characters it's all nothing but wishfull thinking.

Right, Croco didn't even hesitate to give Doflamingo his answer a few chap back. He clearly doesn't want to work with any body as strong as him.
I would luv for Hancock to join SH crew it would make the comedy on the ship even more hilarious. She would definetly watch over luffy to see if anyone would give him crap. That mean Sanji can't kick him no more and Nami can't hit him either. But she can kick chopper for blocking her way. lol! j/k

LG4Lyfe
January 12, 2010, 04:51 PM
I think that all the strawhats will use the biblicard rayleigh gave them to locate him and they will all meet up together and rayleigh will take the strawhats and the thousand sunny to marine ford and they will help luffy to escape. For some reason I do see whitebeard dieing here, I think that whitebeard will die and he will tell ace to lead the crew since sengoku did say whitebeard wants to make ace pirate king. And also I don't see any of the admirals getting defeated because their suppose to be strong so I think they will be needed for another important war near the end of one piece. And I think after whitebeard dies, fishman island is now introuble because its not under whitebeards rule anymore so jimbei has to "travel" with the strawhats to fishman island but I don't think he'll join the crew. I don't see dragon or shanks coming either its to early in one piece for them to come. Just my opinion. :D

elitefox
January 12, 2010, 07:40 PM
they are strong and old
:D
like whitebeard, they're pretty getting on their age and not as strong as before.
if not, why aren't they joining in this battle?

They're aren't the marines which I think is just a department of the WG and they think the marines with fleet admiral sengoku can handle such a thing, then again there is the Luffy factor he didn't anticipate :D

the tenriyobito are like king and queens, then the gorusei might be like the prime ministers or something
[hr]

I think that all the strawhats will use the biblicard rayleigh gave them to locate him and they will all meet up together and rayleigh will take the strawhats and the thousand sunny to marine ford and they will help luffy to escape. For some reason I do see whitebeard dieing here, I think that whitebeard will die and he will tell ace to lead the crew since sengoku did say whitebeard wants to make ace pirate king. And also I don't see any of the admirals getting defeated because their suppose to be strong so I think they will be needed for another important war near the end of one piece. And I think after whitebeard dies, fishman island is now introuble because its not under whitebeards rule anymore so jimbei has to "travel" with the strawhats to fishman island but I don't think he'll join the crew. I don't see dragon or shanks coming either its to early in one piece for them to come. Just my opinion. :D

I think I see this post somewhere before or am I just imagining. :D

LG4Lyfe
January 12, 2010, 08:59 PM
They're aren't the marines which I think is just a department of the WG and they think the marines with fleet admiral sengoku can handle such a thing, then again there is the Luffy factor he didn't anticipate :D

the tenriyobito are like king and queens, then the gorusei might be like the prime ministers or something

I think I see this post somewhere before or am I just imagining. :D

imagining? :p