PDA

View Full Version : Chapter One Piece 569 Discussion / 570 Prediction

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Akainu
December 16, 2009, 11:59 AM
If you haven't seen the goodies yet, you can check them out in the Spoiler Pics & Summaries (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56136) thread. This is where you can discuss all about them. But remember no spamming.

Please remember: NO SPOILERS OUTSIDE THE SPOILER THREADS. This rule will be strictly enforced. Please respect those that don't want to be spoiled. Thanks.

---

ATTENTION:
The spoilers for the next chapter (570) won't be out until around the 2nd week of January due to the double issues and holiday break.

jromz03
December 21, 2009, 10:06 PM
Wow! Luffy's haki shout saved the day!

At least that's what I get from the pictures. Can't wait for the translation.

Anti-panda
December 21, 2009, 10:13 PM
Wow Epic Chapter.
I think once luffy learns to use this Haki properly he's gonna turn it up all the way to 11. ^_^

Him straight up smoking colby without hesitation was epic lulz too. ^_^

mr.danly
December 21, 2009, 10:15 PM
COBY!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! WHY?????

hahaha but anyways, there's that epic haki shout that people were predicting.

HikaruYami
December 21, 2009, 10:20 PM
Luffy punched the shit out of Coby.

Hell. Yes. XD

mr.danly
December 21, 2009, 10:28 PM
Luffy punched the shit out of Coby.

Hell. Yes. XD

looool why is that a good thing?:facepalm the poor kid!!! I guess it just shows how far luffy is willing to go to save his brother, but still.... I always liked coby, and luffy shouldn't have treated him like that.

craziii
December 21, 2009, 11:00 PM
king haki finally showing up. the faces on those guys that was left standing after the released is priceless.

next step, directed, concentrated haki use? here's to an epic chapter in jan!

darklide
December 21, 2009, 11:06 PM
Hancock protecting luffy vs Kuma(or is it the other pacifista?)

I saw him talking...
Meaning that he got back his memories?

craziii
December 21, 2009, 11:09 PM
from what I understand of that page, it seems the robots were only ordered to attack the pirates. it stop the attack when the empress got between it and luffy.

darklide
December 21, 2009, 11:10 PM
What do the kuma/pacifista say then?

Wowzers
December 21, 2009, 11:11 PM
Wow! Not only the haki surge we were waiting for but also quite a lot of other stuff. Hancock won't be able to hide from what she did, once again defending Luffy. WB is taking even more damage, but still dishing it out too... and then there is Coby! I wonder why he charged out like that? Whatever his reason, Luffy took it easy on him. He just knocked him out. If Coby was willing to charge Luffy like that, he would get killed facing someone who just saw him as another grunt. He will probably get recognition as someone who faced Luffy.

By the way, is that sweat running down Sengoku's face on the last page? :XD

Malefiicus
December 21, 2009, 11:24 PM
Since people didn't understand the Coby/Luffy thing, I decided to join and explain it. As a man following his dream, and another man following his dream, Coby had to try and stop him, and Luffy had to take care of him. If Luffy would have run past him and avoided him, it would be like a slap in the face. Only if they're both trying their damndest for their dreams can they be satisfied.

arisemut
December 21, 2009, 11:26 PM
poor Marco...handcuffed with Kairouseki by Onigumo and got more multiple laser from Kizaru...
Jozu didn't do well too.
Shirohige indeed a monster, but i think the real monster for this chapter title is Luffy.

r@z
December 21, 2009, 11:37 PM
...By the way, is that sweat running down Sengoku's face on the last page?
Aokiji, Sengoku and even Whitebeard have face-sweat! We all know how facial reactions are a good measure of impact, and this face-sweat from these bigshots says a lot. I'd have liked to see a few more reactions this chapter, though, like Hancock's (lol, not really, unless it's more lust than <3) and Garp's reactions (probably a 'that's my grandson for ya' response.) Gotta wait till January, though...

Oh yea, Luffy fist + Coby face = awesomeness. Hope he gets motivated now, lol. That's what he gets for trying to run away.

predsfan
December 21, 2009, 11:37 PM
Luffy destroying Coby was hilarious :rofl. I love how Luffy didn't even hesitate to punch him like that. Highlight of the chapter for me :p. I'm interested to see what some of the people are saying after Luffy's "little" STOOOOOOP!!. I look forward to a translation.

Mugiwara_no_Jack
December 21, 2009, 11:39 PM
Coby gets owned! (Gum Gum Filet xD)
Haki outburst!
Awesome ...

Though it's sad that this chapter seems pretty short and it's the only one for the next ~3 weeks T_T

predsfan
December 21, 2009, 11:46 PM
Well, I found the silver lining for Coby. He got knocked out by a punch to the face, but Jango got knocked out by haki, which when I noticed also made me :rofl. Of all the people to show knocked out, they show Jango :lmao.

DaoneLuffy
December 22, 2009, 12:14 AM
These guys are whoopin Whitebeard now, he is obviously a DEADMAN now, hahahaha to coby getting his face crushed. Luffy letting out a blast of haki was what we were all waiting on, I wonder who is next to step to luffy and get pwned.

chitgoks
December 22, 2009, 12:22 AM
poor Marco...handcuffed with Kairouseki by Onigumo and got more multiple laser from Kizaru...
Jozu didn't do well too.
Shirohige indeed a monster, but i think the real monster for this chapter title is Luffy.

what?!?!? that sucks! no more marco powers.

craziii
December 22, 2009, 12:39 AM
Jozu didn't do well too.

where in the nine hells did you see that? I don't see any of that in the spoiler pics shown!

LoS
December 22, 2009, 12:40 AM
he didn't, and they aren't

Kokuu
December 22, 2009, 12:44 AM
What do the kuma/pacifista say then?

It just identifies her as a shichibukai and terminates its attack because she's an ally.

SenninSage
December 22, 2009, 12:48 AM
Yes!! Finally Luffy used that Haki... Know how damn long I've been waiting on him to use that thing?

Things surely won't end too well for WhiteBeard after all of this... but I wonder, how in god's name is Luffy suppose to escape alive, much less with Ace?

bhendjol
December 22, 2009, 12:49 AM
wow! the beginning of a new era!!
Gooooo Luffy!!!!!!!

cippy
December 22, 2009, 12:52 AM
Damn epic chapter... i loved all of the pages. But what impressed me the most is that when wb trashed all those marines in one hit. Poor him, i feel really sad he will die, but man he sure is big.
And luffy punching coby was f. epic and if you look closely he was streching his arm before punching so that K.O. for Coby.

LoS
December 22, 2009, 01:01 AM
So, Joz being frozen and Marco handcuffed indeed are not in the pictures, but the first two lines of the spoiler summary tells us this info.

chitgoks
December 22, 2009, 01:06 AM
Yes!! Finally Luffy used that Haki... Know how damn long I've been waiting on him to use that thing?

Things surely won't end too well for WhiteBeard after all of this... but I wonder, how in god's name is Luffy suppose to escape alive, much less with Ace?

garp still did not make a move.. seems hopeless.. he's going to let ace die... so luffy's the only chance here

arisemut
December 22, 2009, 01:07 AM
where in the nine hells did you see that? I don't see any of that in the spoiler pics shown!

i see the spoiler directly from 2chan. i have posted the lost 2 picture in the spoiler thread.

bittman
December 22, 2009, 01:27 AM
Ok, so all you absolute visionaries got your Luffy haki burst, yet I still remain happy. Why you ask? A couple of executioners and some weaklings (Jango cameo goes here) get owned. None of this "LUFFY WILL HAKI AND EVERYONE WILL BE FUCKED AND THEN HE'LL PUNCH OUT 3 ADMIRALS!!!" shit. Plain and simple rage haki that we've already seen twice before this, and he only K.O.ed obligatory weak cameos. So much for all the hype some of you expected it to have, I'm pretty sure all the vice admirals are fine. Heck, everything above petty officer is probably fine.

And don't read too much into the sweat marks. Luffy has a rare type of haki, everyone probably stopped to take a look.

On the rest of the chapter now:
Coby got fucked up. Thank god. Take that you admiral coby fans. We'll have an admiral Lucchi before we have an admiral Coby.
Whitebeard may have taken out some VA's, but looks like he took a fair bit of damage in doing so. Even then, I doubt any of the VA's are down for the count.
Speaking of VA's, go Oniguma! Marco basically just lost to a Vice Admiral, makes me unbelievably happy. Sure Kizaru did some lasers, but a seastone handcuff is game over for a lot of people. That said, a little disappointed in Marco. I did expect more of him, yet he felt less impressive than Jozu for the entire arc.
Aokoji beat Jozu. Makes me also happy because I do have a soft spot for Mr Lazy Justice over the other two admirals.
And whilst I'm on admirals. Where the fuck did Akainu go? "Oh I landed a good blow, I'll leave WB to some weaker people now"? I hope he's somewhere else doing something more epic than just deciding to stand back for a little bit.
Looks like Hancock is getting more into helping Luffy. And once again, Kuma shows us how obviously crap he's gotten since getting an extreme makeover. I want my tactical, dodge/reflect-happy Kuma back. Not this laser happy one.
Annnnnnd Sengoku and Garp still really haven't moved. I really can't say WB + crew look like they stand much of a chance, especially with the two better Division Commanders just being taken out and WB on his last legs.

Think that's everything. Sorta happy with this chapter, Luffy seems a bit too fine for my liking though. That and it still seems too one sided. But then again some people probably think that it was one sided, and now that Luffy used haki WB will win because obviously a haki blast is all it takes to win a war.

Protip: Luffy's rage haki doesn't make him stronger, it just makes him a bigger target. I still cannot picture him beating Smoker, meaning I can't picture him beating a VA.

LoS
December 22, 2009, 01:37 AM
Speaking of VA's, go Oniguma! Marco basically just lost to a Vice Admiral, makes me unbelievably happy. Sure Kizaru did some lasers, but a seastone handcuff is game over for a lot of people. That said, a little disappointed in Marco. I did expect more of him, yet he felt less impressive than Jozu for the entire arc

Pretty much had the same thoughts and sentiments on all your other points after reading the spoiler summary and seeing the pics. But I really can not even begin to agree with this quoted point, 2nd & 3rd sentences so wrong on every level. I do agree with the final point though, for his completely new class of Devil's Fruit power he never actually hurt a single person, he only slowed down Kizaru one time.

But then again some people probably think that it was one sided, and now that Luffy used haki WB will win because obviously a haki blast is all it takes to win a war.

Protip: Luffy's rage haki doesn't make him stronger, it just makes him a bigger target. I still cannot picture him beating Smoker, meaning I can't picture him beating a VA.

WB has already made it clear he is going to be wreckless in his forward pursuit and doesn't want to hurt his allies while decimating the enemy. I think Luffy's timely save just makes his concentration all the more focused. For a moment WB had to have thought the worst and felt shame that he just couldn't manage to save his son, but now he has a second chance and is probably kicking himself for almost fucking it up in the first place. A invigorated and riled up Whitebeard is what is to come, pretty scary shit.

Also I am pretty damn sure Smoker is stronger than some of the VA's to be honest, so that is not really a very good measuring stick for you trying to refute the Luffy being VA level.

Kokuu
December 22, 2009, 01:48 AM
Kuma: Boa Hancock
Hancock: Do not address me by that name! *smack PX's head*

....that scene from the new pics made my evening. XD;

NoLimit89
December 22, 2009, 01:53 AM
I wanna see Luffy be able to land a hit on Smoker/Admirals.

I'm fine with Luffy having a long way to go to reach Admiral level but I also don't want him to be soooooo outmatched that he can't even touch them. I mean seriously, this isn't the beginning of a manga series. This is chapter 569. Most mangas finished twice over already.

lxcid
December 22, 2009, 02:15 AM
Nice chapter. My prediction is that rayleigh will lead the charge with some of the strawhat crews. Hopefully zoro & sanji involvement. First they can go there with their coated thousand sunny like how whitebeard did. But that's not happening until all hope are gone for them. Meaning Iva, Luffy, Jimbei and buggy is down but probably already save ace.

Ace not going to die because to save ace twice like that and kill him the 3rd time is just going to be lame. Then again, I think he going to be really saved this time but at the expense on some of his closest people. Whitebeard is definitely one. Maybe half of whitebeard group will be gone after this war, mostly locked up, only whitebeard is dead. It won't be happy ending but Ace won't die.

With their coated sunny, we can see how powerful thousand sunny as compare to a battleship. franky gonna show us just how good the ship is with some new tricks.

rayleigh is the only one known (not counting shank which i doubt he will appear but low chance of him appearing. dragon might appear somewhere but i doubt the chance too but definitely higher than shank.) out there who is of garp and sengoku level. grap vs dragon is a nice scene and its kinda perfect for this current situation. questioning grap justice. but for dragon to suddenly reach grap is going to take a bit of development too.

Rayleigh might be the one who will take up ace after this after all his most beloved captain son, he can't do nothing about it. Ace gonna be traumatize of what happens to his crew and his pop.

Oda gonna make sure we feel luffy after effect after this. How I have no idea man...

monkey D luffy
December 22, 2009, 02:36 AM
i absolutly love sengoku's terrified face, its not that he is worried but its pure terrified! thats so epic.
@bittman even if luffy did knock only small fries out the big fries are stunned. and sengoku is gonna penic next chater

Truefan21
December 22, 2009, 02:53 AM
i thought no chapters would be released until january

LoS
December 22, 2009, 03:00 AM
That is the sell/release date, they print them off early so that the workers get an actual 2 week break.

chitgoks
December 22, 2009, 03:20 AM
Nice chapter. My prediction is that rayleigh will lead the charge with some of the strawhat crews. Hopefully zoro & sanji involvement. First they can go there with their coated thousand sunny like how whitebeard did. But that's not happening until all hope are gone for them. Meaning Iva, Luffy, Jimbei and buggy is down but probably already save ace.

Ace not going to die because to save ace twice like that and kill him the 3rd time is just going to be lame. Then again, I think he going to be really saved this time but at the expense on some of his closest people. Whitebeard is definitely one. Maybe half of whitebeard group will be gone after this war, mostly locked up, only whitebeard is dead. It won't be happy ending but Ace won't die.

With their coated sunny, we can see how powerful thousand sunny as compare to a battleship. franky gonna show us just how good the ship is with some new tricks.

rayleigh is the only one known (not counting shank which i doubt he will appear but low chance of him appearing. dragon might appear somewhere but i doubt the chance too but definitely higher than shank.) out there who is of garp and sengoku level. grap vs dragon is a nice scene and its kinda perfect for this current situation. questioning grap justice. but for dragon to suddenly reach grap is going to take a bit of development too.

Rayleigh might be the one who will take up ace after this after all his most beloved captain son, he can't do nothing about it. Ace gonna be traumatize of what happens to his crew and his pop.

Oda gonna make sure we feel luffy after effect after this. How I have no idea man...

i still dont believe the crew will be there ... ussopp's in the cover page. unless he's the one left out

THE KING
December 22, 2009, 03:29 AM
Marco gets caught, Joz completely frozen, whitebeard even though owning the smallfry marines is badly cut up. Luffy rescuing ace with haki, boa helping Luffy, Coby's fce planted.
This chapter is is definitely super awesome, can't wait till it's out, probably next year.

Black Lagoon
December 22, 2009, 03:41 AM
Holy S**t! Again :o (almost my post in every Spoiler discussion thread :p)
I'd love to see someone say this is fake. :fan
But WhiteBeard is the man :shakefist
Poor Coby xD... he shows up in the best moment :grin

yoichi-san
December 22, 2009, 03:58 AM
Hmm I read translations from other sites. It seems like wb isn't going to die any sooner. But somehow i think he'll die. If he doesn't me might be some kind of paralyzed old man. He's too old to be enduring these kind of attacks.

Youbba
December 22, 2009, 04:03 AM
OMG my most wanted christmas's gift is finally here.
One thing about Marco being caught by handcuff, I think in the next chapter Marco will use his haki to break the Kairouseki, remember Rayleigh used something similar to break Caimie's collar in the auction house, I know the collar wasn't in Kairouseki and we don't know that he used haki, but I have the feeling that haki can be used against the kairouseki.

elitefox
December 22, 2009, 04:28 AM
I think luffy's haki will break josu in ice :D (I hope)

if luffy's haki is that much, I think it will knock out all small bugs and this is good since there will be no more mosquitos that will try to fire kariouseki nets or something that a fodder soldier would do.

but the downside is... the pirates too will have a taste of it :D

I think there will be many pirates gonna down by that haki burst too.

I think Sengoku and WB has felt it somewhere before... Gol D. Roger perhaps

Akainu
December 22, 2009, 05:09 AM
:love that sounds like I could like it xD

jokes aside, this chapter finally has some slight progression and it really seems like the last two were neccessary to set this up.
the title btw. is quite interesting as it's direct meaning is monster, but there is a second meaning of 怪物 which is person with great power/ grey eminence (k, the first one isn't that far away from Monster xD )

Coby losing was okish, but that's not setting him back on his way to admirality, honestly, just a while ago Luffy got badly owned and no one was like ... "no, he can't become pirateking anymore" - he'll also grow somewhen.
what I found quite interesting though is, that when he was beaten, he didn't only have white eyes like usual, he was also foaming -> Luffy infusing his fist with haki?
Also what Whitebeard used to get the Marines off of him looked like the good old haki lines to me - WB btw. gave a quite nice sight with swords still stuck in his chest :x

monkey D luffy
December 22, 2009, 05:38 AM
next chapter is gonna be so friggin awesome i cant wait! i want the new year to arrive already!

off topic: the fact that we have a chapter this week means that bleach and naruto are going to get out too? i know we had a fairy tail chapter too

zagorka
December 22, 2009, 06:09 AM
As I expected. Luffy can only exert his powerful haki, rather than use it, or imbue his attacks with haki. Looks like the Marines see who the real threat is now, or should I say the threat of the future. I wonder if Sengoku will order everyone to kill Luffy instead. It does look like everyone in Luffy's path also got hit by it. Looks like he can just barge right in.

Morlun
December 22, 2009, 06:21 AM
Okay, cat's out of the bag. They know what Luffy can become now. Sengoku now has even more reason to fear Luffy. Not fear in direct combat, of course, but fear to leave him out in the world. Killing Luffy should be a priority now.

Loved Aokiji's reaction. LOL

It's kinda like they were all focusing on killing the giant tiger, and just realized the annoying kitten they had been shoving aside was a lion cub. =D

Bigall
December 22, 2009, 06:37 AM
That was soo awsome!!! That's why OP is my favorite manga... That's why OP is the best manga around!! That was so freaking epic!!

Sengoku was all like "IMG!!". And the others were like "WTF!!!", and the admirals were like "You got to be kidding!!!".

I can't wait the next chapter...
I don't care what other people say, ODA IS THE GOD OF MANGA!!!

zagorka
December 22, 2009, 06:53 AM
I just looked at the pics again, and we see Coby foaming at the mouth after being punched. Could Luffy have used Haki here as well? How many times have we seen people foam from being KO'd from Luffy? From what I recall, none. It's possible, he used Haki there as well.

anime-addict
December 22, 2009, 06:56 AM
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

I knew it ... this is it ... haoushako no haki

greeeeeeeeeeeeeat ... awesome ...

I can't wait 2 weeks >>> whhhhhhhy

elitefox
December 22, 2009, 07:19 AM
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

I knew it ... this is it ... haoushako no haki

greeeeeeeeeeeeeat ... awesome ...

I can't wait 2 weeks >>> whhhhhhhy

hold... cool down a bit and enjoy christmas

(shit, I can't wait for next year)

all mosquitoes down, only the big dogs left like when red hair knock off wb newbie pirates.;)

no more bothering...

I wonder what's buggy's reaction to this.

TwEeD
December 22, 2009, 07:25 AM
Luffy has just confirmed to the big shots how much a potential treat he is for the future. Up until now they all thought he was just a big-mouthed brat who had a pirate king desillussion, now they know he has the King's Disposition aka "The Disposition To Stand Above Others".

The reaction of Aokiji just sums it all up: "oi oi, seriously".

They now know what for potential monster has been awakened and what this war will do in terms of allies for Luffy

frontaLobotomy
December 22, 2009, 07:32 AM
Wow, they went there I see. I'm not let down, nor am I suprised, as it's been in the pipeline since before the Sabody. What intrigues me more, is whether the 'King's Deposition' will enable him to get Ace without anyone wanting to stop him.

jamjamstyle
December 22, 2009, 07:34 AM
AHAHAHAHAH...... 1 2 Jango and Jango falls down from luffy's Haki. Priceless XD

elitefox
December 22, 2009, 07:43 AM
Wow, they went there I see. I'm not let down, nor am I suprised, as it's been in the pipeline since before the Sabody. What intrigues me more, is whether the 'King's Deposition' will enable him to get Ace without anyone wanting to stop him.

That is if he continues to emit it, if not all will target him then WB can do the attack now.:tem

Delkhuze
December 22, 2009, 08:21 AM
Haha Coby down ... that´s was awesome <3

goldb
December 22, 2009, 08:41 AM
FINALLY!!!!! The world gets to witness Luffy's haki!!!!

Man, Can't wait. WB sure is something, after all those shots and sword slashes, the swipes down those marine officers like nothing. and HAHAHA Coby moment was gold!

Black Lagoon
December 22, 2009, 08:57 AM
And then somebody says that naruto or bleach is better than this
Who?? where is he?? http://209.85.62.24/383/69/0/e387765//e387765.gif

Haha Coby down ... that´s was awesome <3
Luffy did it without thinking xD

FINALLY!!!!! The world gets to witness Luffy's haki!!!!

Man, Can't wait. WB sure is something, after all those shots and sword slashes, the swipes down those marine officers like nothing. and HAHAHA Coby moment was gold!

this is the best way to end the year xD ... and yeah! WhiteBeard will do his last move before he ... :crying

Oni Giri
December 22, 2009, 09:14 AM
wow... that was the chapter i've been waiting for so long

goldb
December 22, 2009, 09:15 AM
I almost felt bad for the guy when I saw the page where the Marines all ganged up on him, then I clicked the next image and saw how easily he got rid of them I was like O_O

Man, you can't understand how happy I am that Luffy's haki has finally come into play; this has been months in the making. It's interesting how some pirates and Marines( I think) quickly recognised what type of haki it was.

Desman
December 22, 2009, 09:19 AM
Wohoo great spoilers :D:D:D cant hold to see next 2 or 3 episodes, because I think lufffy wont fight much in this one.

I didnt wonder when Coby got K.O. since Luffy could do that even to protect him(didnt do now). I guess that Luffy vs Admiral is now very, very high chances. I have feeling that Ace wont die in there.

Merry xmas :)

gesgift
December 22, 2009, 09:20 AM
Now let the SN arive, and the TS with Ray and the SG-crew who all gathered at the SA!

Funny that we don't see Garp's face right now... And why is Sengoku surprised that Garp's grandson has such Hak (even though he can't use it proper in any way)

Morlun
December 22, 2009, 09:29 AM
Funny that we don't see Garp's face right now... And why is Sengoku surprised that Garp's grandson has such Hak (even though he can't use it proper in any way)

Haōshoku Haki: one in a million. That's why. :)

Yans86
December 22, 2009, 09:36 AM
Christmas gift for everyone!!!This chapter just goes beyond....Oda is too sick for commoner's manga!it's sad to know that there are people saying that this manga is not amazing!!!I really pity them....
ThX Oda,this chapter and ur masterpiece r just awesome!!!looking forward for a 2010 that will great us with even greater chapters and arc!!(we all know that)

OunknownO
December 22, 2009, 09:57 AM
great xmas gift.... thank you oda

PS. I think buggy wouldn't blackout from this, because he served on pirate kings ship... He probably encounter king's haki many times, and he get used to it

BlkHorus
December 22, 2009, 10:03 AM
Great spoilers. Finally Luffy's haki is being released and it was at the right time as Ace was about to be executed and luffy's energy is back up. I can't wait til next year to see Luffy go out against any of the admirals as they all recognize his haki and respond.

And that was one heck of a move to get Marco with cuffs and then shoot him again . I really hate kizaru, but that was a merciless move on him since he has the pheonix fruit. And Luffy decking coby was hilarious! But as he said last time they spoke, they are enemies and will have to fight.

gesgift
December 22, 2009, 10:03 AM
Haōshoku Haki: one in a million. That's why. :)

That I understood, but the chance that Garp's grandson/Dragon's son would have that one, can't be to far fetched, certainly for a tactician like him who should take everything into account, not?

And Ace can be lucky not to be decapitated by to VA's, 'cause I don't think it would've worked against them. And Dofla could probably take his head off whenever he wanted.

Edit: can this haki break seastone? That could explain how Boa took down Smokey's weapon.

BlackHair
December 22, 2009, 10:14 AM
I hate what Oda is doing to Sengoku. Why the fuck does he have always a surprised face? He is freaking Fleet-Admiral. A man in his position shouldn't be surprised by Luffy's haki! Oh Well, given the very fact that Oda is doing injustice to him since his introduction, Im rather surprised he didn't fell unconscious.

goldb
December 22, 2009, 10:14 AM
HAHA, I didn't notice Jango falling!

RichardMNixon
December 22, 2009, 10:27 AM
I hate what Oda is doing to Sengoku. Why the fuck does he have always a surprised face? He is freaking Fleet-Admiral. A man in his position shouldn't be surprised by Luffy's haki! Oh Well, given the very fact that Oda is doing injustice to him since his introduction, Im rather surprised he didn't fell unconscious.

Hancock has the Haoshoko (sp?) and she was more shocked than Sengoku. I think it's fair for him to be a little surprised, its not like he surrendered. Sengoku always makes crazy faces anyway, it's part of his character.

I'm a little more disappointed in Marco and Joz. I can't really see Aokiji, hopefully he's pretty bruised up if that fight is over.

Ero-Sanji
December 22, 2009, 10:28 AM
WB....

So much for being the strongest man in the world, and I who hoped he wouldn't suffer the same fate as Sandaime. Sigh*

But! Luffy on the contrary made me happy again I love that ending and it will make the wait more easier, great Oda!

Desman
December 22, 2009, 10:30 AM

I have to disagree with you. Since Sengoku hadn't met Luffy before and Luffy didnt use any haki while he or his underlings were around he couldnt have known. Haki is simply thing for those with determination, but Haoshoko (copied that one) is completely falling under random persons.

monkey D luffy
December 22, 2009, 10:43 AM
i just noticed that coby was still moving while he got wtfpwnd by luffy, that made that punch mega uber super wtfpawnage!

Kinety
December 22, 2009, 10:54 AM
Lol guys you are all wrong about luffy and coby. Do you watch one piece or what??

Lets take it reversal.
What is coby to luffy? FRIEND get it to your brains luffy dont label people like "Navy" = enemies , people for luffy are just people he recognize them from their actions not titles. You guys start doing the same too.

Remember what luffy did at the inn when coby was a kid he beat him up to save his ass. He did it again. Luffy surely go far for his brother but he wouldnt sacrifice a friends life to save some1 else he would do it his own way.

He punched him without hesitation for the following reasons
1)Luffy doesnt hesitate.
2)The last thing luffy wants is for the marines to know that coby knows luffy.
3)short on time..

Lord Rayleigh
December 22, 2009, 10:59 AM
No, Luffy just punched Coby because he was on his way and he wanted to beat him. That's all.
And Coby decided to attack Luffy because he was an ennemy coming near the platform and because Coby wanted to do something (he probably can't bear the fact he wanted to leave the battlefield).

Gats
December 22, 2009, 11:03 AM
That I understood, but the chance that Garp's grandson/Dragon's son would have that one, can't be to far fetched, certainly for a tactician like him who should take everything into account, not?

We know almost nothing about this kind of Haki, it's possible that it doesn't have anything to do with blood family. If genetic history may influence, then there would be much more than 1 of a million people having this.

Edit: can this haki break seastone? That could explain how Boa took down Smokey's weapon.

Maybe but Marco is problaby too much in bad shape after Kizaru beams on his human body to do something like this.

chess4
December 22, 2009, 11:04 AM
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh shit. good to see koby isnt a chicken. WB is the man hands down. he knows he is on his last leg, but he is still a dawg. FINALLY the boy luffy is in the mood. invankov is going to be by his side whatever happens. with marco and jozu taken out, im know sure reinforcements will come, but who?
[hr]

No, Luffy just punched Coby because he was on his way and he wanted to beat him. That's all.
And Coby decided to attack Luffy because he was an ennemy coming near the platform and because Coby wanted to do something (he probably can't bear the fact he wanted to leave the battlefield).

yeah im sure luffy and koby will be still cool after this. im just waiting for garp to turn on the WG

Diablos
December 22, 2009, 11:05 AM
AHAH I lavvvvvvvvvv Hancock, oh she doesnt want me to mention her name either :( ohh too bad, I totally love when she does tough act XD..

And CRAP marco! for teh love of god learn not to give your back to the enemy! :( now you are totally screwed.. and you are liek so cool u must live!

And like I was saying, Wb pirates had no chance of winning like it was from few chaps ago, and it confirms, WB is surely to die on next or in 2 chaps, or so it seems Oo come on the guy is a monster but he's been leaking blood a few chapters now, and now he got a few stabs and shots..
So it all comes to this... WILL someone else trully show up? Or are the pirates screwed and a new dark era is at the dawn? Im going for the first choice since we've seen Ace escape death twice already... I do not believe Dragon is to show up I mean he could but alone only, other than that no chance. Supernovas and Rayleigh possible + ex Roger crew mates, I see this as a plausible thing. I dont think BB is to take place in this.. seriously guys he is not that strong, and he would have to deal with 3 admirals pretty fresh to me, + Garp and Sengoku totally fresh, being Garp and Seng big trouble for BB since they seem not to have a DF, althought not confirmed, so BB will not come surely unless he has found one of those big guns capable of destroying countries which would be pretty shocking(in how the f he got it) and too much imo..so other than that BB is pretty much screwed also if he were to take part in this war. What we need now is some real and experienced overpower from the Past XD! GO ROGERz!111111111

CaptFamous
December 22, 2009, 11:07 AM

Smoker's weapon only has a seastone tip on the end of it. As long as she doesn't hit that part, she can just kick it. Otherwise, Smoker himself wouldn't be able to use it.

Diablos
December 22, 2009, 11:08 AM
yeah im sure luffy and koby will be still cool after this. im just waiting for garp to turn on the WG

Lets see I hope it auto merges, I actually think it was the best choice in this matter any other pirate would've killed him, you might consider this a fist of love from Luffy to Coby, no? XD

Edit:Crap didnt work, :( if it bothers its no prob if you merge with my upper one, I dunno do that.
also edit: BTW Seng face is priceless after Luffy uses the Kings Haki Kishishishishi, oh oh oh so many things I liked so far pretty much every page!

Gats
December 22, 2009, 11:09 AM
If Kuma was still...Kuma...just imagine if he sucks Luffy's exhaustion and pain right now. The bushing would be veryyyyyy big, I wonder if Zorro in his best condition can stand this.

cippy
December 22, 2009, 11:13 AM
Guys.. all isnt lost you forgot about buggy. I'm sure he will do something big if he hasn't fainted yet :D :D
If reinforcement were to come they would be here by now... so the only ones that i see having a change of coming are the SN.
Anyway, i bet Jimbei can take on an Admiral, considering A$ce is admiral level. Ivankov is strong and there are plenty of NW captains and WB Commanders left.

beastboy
December 22, 2009, 11:24 AM
Well PX-0 could do that if he tought that attacking everyone with the ball resulting from Luffy's pain would be good even if that means having Luffy completly healed!

He is a Robot so he will only do maths... of core is maths would be wrong and everyone would be screwed when Luffy did his super hyper fantastic, gomu gomu no Gigant jet gatling gun, to break the platform, and the uncuffed Ace.. who would go berserk.. killing every fooder in an instant..
[hr]
Just one thing (hope it auto merges), Ivancov is Kuma's antiquance, so I would say that Ivancov is stronger than Kuma, Kuma is a Bakemono (monster), so Ivancov is a big headed monster... xD!

And being a leader of the RA and the RA being the main force opposing to the World Government.. one of the leader should be at the same level as an Admiral... or so I thing!

Desman
December 22, 2009, 11:30 AM
correction robot is different from cyborg. WG may have put chip into Kumas brain so it blocks memories or enforces commands (this could be possible for Vegapunk who made alredy kizaru-style lasers right?)

ENDER3000
December 22, 2009, 11:31 AM
just a question...thought there was no chapter this week? Oo

gesgift
December 22, 2009, 11:45 AM
just a question...thought there was no chapter this week? Oo
This is the next one who will appear on the 4th of January, so now there will be 2 weeks without new chapters. But like allways there is a great cliffhanger.

JJMV
December 22, 2009, 11:46 AM
Why everybody is so sure that WB is gonna die?

Pell and Zoro weren't killed in worse situations.

Gats
December 22, 2009, 11:51 AM
Why everybody is so sure that WB is gonna die?

Pell and Zoro weren't killed in worse situations.

Because he is very sick and seems to be prepared to die. He is also the symbol of a past era which is fading.

edit : For me it's hard to believe that Ace would want to be the Pirate King, he was the one who just threw his ambition for an old man.

gesgift
December 22, 2009, 11:57 AM
Because he is very sick and seems to be prepared to die. He is also the symbol of a past era which is fading.

I think that although Roger died, not that much has changed since then: his own generation stagnated, and the rookies from those days are still waiting for pirates like WB to go down to attempt their own real attempt for power (Like Dofla and his age of smiles, Moria who was building his army, Croc who was trying to gather ancient weapons, Mihawk who just seems bored, ...).

Although pirates govern the NW, the rest of the world still seems unchanged to me.

chess4
December 22, 2009, 12:00 PM
AHAH I lavvvvvvvvvv Hancock, oh she doesnt want me to mention her name either :( ohh too bad, I totally love when she does tough act XD..

And CRAP marco! for teh love of god learn not to give your back to the enemy! :( now you are totally screwed.. and you are liek so cool u must live!

And like I was saying, Wb pirates had no chance of winning like it was from few chaps ago, and it confirms, WB is surely to die on next or in 2 chaps, or so it seems Oo come on the guy is a monster but he's been leaking blood a few chapters now, and now he got a few stabs and shots..
So it all comes to this... WILL someone else trully show up? Or are the pirates screwed and a new dark era is at the dawn? Im going for the first choice since we've seen Ace escape death twice already... I do not believe Dragon is to show up I mean he could but alone only, other than that no chance. Supernovas and Rayleigh possible + ex Roger crew mates, I see this as a plausible thing. I dont think BB is to take place in this.. seriously guys he is not that strong, and he would have to deal with 3 admirals pretty fresh to me, + Garp and Sengoku totally fresh, being Garp and Seng big trouble for BB since they seem not to have a DF, althought not confirmed, so BB will not come surely unless he has found one of those big guns capable of destroying countries which would be pretty shocking(in how the f he got it) and too much imo..so other than that BB is pretty much screwed also if he were to take part in this war. What we need now is some real and experienced overpower from the Past XD! GO ROGERz!111111111

BB is a beast. technically BB is still a shichibukai, and i dont think the marines would attack him. this fight is looking even worse this chapter than last chapter for the WB alliance. WB is in even worse shape after being attacked, marco is handcuffed, and jozu is frozen. the admirals havent taken any real damage, and garp and sengoku are both fresh. not to mention they might be the strongest fighters in the WG.

i sure hope rayliegh shows up with some of the rogers pirates. maybe dadan shows up. the supernovas look like they might show up, but what can they really do against the top brass(VA and up)

Gats
December 22, 2009, 12:09 PM
I think that although Roger died, not that much has changed since then: his own generation stagnated, and the rookies from those days are still waiting for pirates like WB to go down to attempt their own real attempt for power (Like Dofla and his age of smiles, Moria who was building his army, Croc who was trying to gather ancient weapons, Mihawk who just seems bored, ...).

Although pirates govern the NW, the rest of the world still seems unchanged to me.

Obviously when Roger died, there were huge wave of new pirates. It sounds like they weren't so many when he was alive.

Many said, in the manga, that this event (the battle between WB and the marine) will shake the world. Just think about it, WB seems to be a mafia type guy, he put the fishman island under his protection, he probably did the same thing for many islands. He has, also many allies, but each of these allies can fight each other after his death. Many islands would be in danger etc etc

Besides a potential threat from Blackbeard, a part, at least, of the new world would be in chaos.

Black Lagoon
December 22, 2009, 12:11 PM

Take a look at this (http://read.mangashare.com/One-Piece/chapter-504/page009.html) ... I don' know how he did it but I think there's a connection between that and what Boa did.

gesgift
December 22, 2009, 12:18 PM
Obviously when Roger died, there were huge wave of new pirates. It sounds like they weren't so many when he was alive.

Many said, in the manga, that this event (the battle between WB and the marine) will shake the world. Just think about it, WB seems to be a mafia type guy, he put the fishman island under his protection, he probably did the same thing for many islands. He has, also many allies, but each of these allies can fight each other after his death. Many islands would be in danger etc etc

Besides a potential threat from Blackbeard, a part, at least, of the new world would be in chaos.

Sounds all very plausible. I think this age won't come to an end before the end of Sengoku. In Japans history, this also only happened after the great war between Hideyoshi and Tokugawa's supporters. But this is a pure gues.

But I do think this war will shift the powers in the OP world, although I can't guess if the Marines will prevail, or a new era of pure choas will arive, or even something else (better or worse).
But ofcours thanks to this chapter Sengoku knows at least a nice couple who have the kings disposition (Pirate empress and future PK).

Gats
December 22, 2009, 12:19 PM
Take a look at this (http://read.mangashare.com/One-Piece/chapter-504/page009.html) ... I don' know how he did it but I think there's a connection between that and what Boa did.
I don't see the connection. First, who said that the collar that Raileygh took off is made of seastone ? Raileygh's panel was about speed (and probably knowledge since he is also an engineer), we are not even sure that he broke it.

Marco has to break (or find the key) the handcuff or cut his hand, it probably wouldn't be a big deal, once without the seastone effect he can use his phoenix shape again to regenerate or something like this.

OunknownO
December 22, 2009, 12:22 PM
Guys.. all isnt lost you forgot about buggy. I'm sure he will do something big if he hasn't fainted yet :D :D
If reinforcement were to come they would be here by now... so the only ones that i see having a change of coming are the SN.
Anyway, i bet Jimbei can take on an Admiral, considering A$ce is admiral level. Ivankov is strong and there are plenty of NW captains and WB Commanders left.

When the leader dies army falls apart(there is no one to lead)..

urlaub
December 22, 2009, 12:27 PM
Fucking epicness. That's the thing I was expecting, but WB getting pawned so hard. And the worst of all the beast entirely frozen? That cannot be. But the kings haki part is what I expected. And all the supreme dogs being surprised and all. Just my prediction. Would have still wanted to see Luffy pawn 2 VA's. But it is clear as a summer sky that this little surprise by Luffy doesn't amount to nothing. Srr, if all that is been said already. I didn't read any posts.

Seleno
December 22, 2009, 12:29 PM
Seems to be a great chapter almost at the end of the year. And I was shocked after seeing that Luffy just punches Corby right into his face and runs away (but after all Luffy focused on Ace).

And the end is what most of us predicted I think xD (me too)
Luffy uses haki in the moment when the guardians are swift to kill Ace and they just fall down. And everyone shocked (especially Sengoku) is what I was waiting for in this war...

jamjamstyle
December 22, 2009, 12:36 PM
It would've been funny if WB last line wasn't child but after witnessing Luffy's Haki:

Whitebeard: My son....!!!

Well the least, luffy got promoted from brat to child XD

Bigall
December 22, 2009, 12:39 PM
Lol guys you are all wrong about luffy and coby. Do you watch one piece or what??

Lets take it reversal.
What is coby to luffy? FRIEND get it to your brains luffy dont label people like "Navy" = enemies , people for luffy are just people he recognize them from their actions not titles. You guys start doing the same too.

Remember what luffy did at the inn when coby was a kid he beat him up to save his ass. He did it again. Luffy surely go far for his brother but he wouldnt sacrifice a friends life to save some1 else he would do it his own way.

He punched him without hesitation for the following reasons
1)Luffy doesnt hesitate.
2)The last thing luffy wants is for the marines to know that coby knows luffy.
3)short on time..

Coby and Luffy have the same relation that Garp and Gol D. Roger had in the past... Good friends but in opposite sides... I believe that Luffy punch him because Coby was in the way to save Ace...

The chapter is named simply "Monster".

To all of you out who read the spoiler, who is the monster that the chapter is reffering to:
a)White Beard, that still stands being ill, old, and after taking several injury.
b)Luffy, that just release its haky explosively...

On my side and following the caracters reaction, I would say my money is on Luffy. Luffy is the monster...

Black Lagoon
December 22, 2009, 12:41 PM
I don't see the connection. First, who said that the collar that Raileygh took off is made of seastone ? Raileygh's panel was about speed (and probably knowledge since he is also an engineer), we are not even sure that he broke it.

Marco has to break (or find the key) the handcuff or cut his hand, it probably wouldn't be a big deal, once without the seastone effect he can use his phoenix shape again to regenerate or something like this.

And who said it wasn't? :blink ... although I agree with you and think there is a connection.

chess4
December 22, 2009, 12:46 PM
luffy's outburst of haki is bad for him. with that display, he has just made himself an even bigger target. yes he is strong but he is far beyond his limits now. the commanders plus jinbei are busy protecting WB, while invankov is protecting luffy. luffy in heading straight for the platform. invankov can hold his own, but luffy is far outclassed. i sure hope help arrives soon. maybe buggy surprises us and fights bravely for once. maybe inazuma wakes up and helps out.

im banking on rayleigh showing. he has to show, i mean we have not seen him this entire fight. if he does show, i hope he brings a couple of the real dawgs that were on rogers ship.

speaking of which WHERE THE HELL IS DADAN? he raised ace, so im sure he loves him. i cant see him just sitting by, and watching ace be killed.

some of the SN look like they are headed to battle, but what threat can they really pose. well i guess some help is better than no help.
[hr]

Coby and Luffy have the same relation that Garp and Gol D. Roger had in the past... Good friends but in opposite sides... I believe that Luffy punch him because Coby was in the way to save Ace...

The chapter is named simply "Monster".

To all of you out who read the spoiler, who is the monster that the chapter is reffering to:
a)White Beard, that still stands being ill, old, and after taking several injury.
b)Luffy, that just release its haky explosively...

On my side and following the caracters reaction, I would say my money is on Luffy. Luffy is the monster...
i think smoker and luffy would be a better comparison:p also im sure smoker isnt his real name. i wouldnt be surprised if he was a D.

Gats
December 22, 2009, 01:00 PM
And who said it wasn't? :blink ... although I agree with you and think there is a connection.

Nobody but at least the probability is higher since the mermaid is not a DF user and seastone seems to be quite rare or difficult to work, otherwise the DF users wouldn't be so scary.

Black Lagoon
December 22, 2009, 01:07 PM
Nobody but at least the probability is higher since the mermaid is not a DF user and seastone seems to be quite rare or difficult to work, otherwise the DF users wouldn't be so scary.

:facepalm ... Yeah, the WG/Marines wouldn't waste something precious on a normal weak human -_-;
And if there's a DF user they will give him the right handcuffs ^_^

D.King
December 22, 2009, 02:25 PM
omg Luffy haki's finally released! look at Sengoku face lol

Alien81
December 22, 2009, 03:07 PM

I segunda that comment, i have said it before, buggy will do something big in this war, is buggy were taking about here, although i would imagine, it wouldn't really be something he himself would volunteer to do, but some how will do something big.

I was expecting luffy to kick ass in like the first few pages, but i can't complain, (Oda) is the masterpiece of manga, i like like the ending, it would touch anyone, whose a true OP fan.

i said oda will make luffy do something big, it looks like it has began, now time for the ass kicking, so kizaru handcuffed marco and then laser beam him again, well i can't blame him, i guess his just doing his job, but he better watch his back,because am sure someone will free marco from those cuffs, after that i could see marco or luffy coming for his head.

Joz is diamond, i don't think ice should really be a problem for him.

if everyone wasn't shock about luffy's haki being a monster it would have = failed, everyone being a surprise by it made it more epic.

i wonder why is it only OP that normally has leak spoilers, which always turn out to be real , especailly when breaks are coming.:amuse

long live oda -sama.

ScorpionGR
December 22, 2009, 03:12 PM
loooooool so the magic word is I SAID STOP IT ... hahahah

gaston42
December 22, 2009, 03:19 PM
I'm willing to bet that in the next chapter Sengoku will order Akainu to dispose of Luffy at once.

Luffy now can be seen as a real (future) threat like Ace is, not just as a potential threat with guts and no strength to back it up (as Kizaru said). And Akainu fits perfectly for this role as the "ruthless absolute justice which will crush any potential threat" : he will neither spare him (like Garp/Aokiji) nor toy with him (like Kizaru). Besides he has already said that Luffy was certainly a man to kill.

D.King
December 22, 2009, 03:32 PM
I'm willing to bet that in the next chapter Sengoku will order Akainu to dispose of Luffy at once.

Luffy now can be seen as a real (future) threat like Ace is, not just as a potential threat with guts and no strength to back it up (as Kizaru said). And Akainu fits perfectly for this role as the "ruthless absolute justice which will crush any potential threat" : he will neither spare him (like Garp/Aokiji) nor toy with him (like Kizaru). Besides he has already said that Luffy was certainly a man to kill.

good point. Now we will see what Luffy can do with his haki against admiral or other strong opponent. Luffy cannot afford any big damage any more, said Iva.......

Auditore
December 22, 2009, 03:38 PM
spoilers NOW?!

So will there be a chapter this week or not

Naruffy
December 22, 2009, 03:40 PM
I'm satified, It seems to me that Luffy took out a good ammount of people with his Haki, if you look in the spoiler pic, Jango is down on the ground as well.

Poneglyph420
December 22, 2009, 03:51 PM
As always Oda never lets us down..
Awesome chapter up-coming.. And looks like the "2nd line" will have to step in to help out..
Freaking awesome that Luffy finally released his Haki and more then ever before has made himself a legend..

I wanna see how Boa helps out in the next few chapters....

jamjamstyle
December 22, 2009, 04:09 PM
The most amusing thing in this entire war is that Luffy several times forces big shots and important Marines to focus their attention on his actions.

Nyon said that he would be like a ant in this war, but he didn't pass through the forest unnoticed. Now currently this ant might have become the biggest prey that the Marine at all costs wants to capture and the fight to keep this ant alive will start.

Which means that there's no way that Sengoku will allow to let Luffy roam free anymore on the battlefield. The focus on Whitebeard now he's weakened might weaken which might give him some time to rest. The most important question now: Who will be the next ant in this war? Yes that right, it's Buggy. Buggy will do something big which will learn Sengoku a important lesson: Never ignore Ants.

shouryuujo
December 22, 2009, 04:22 PM
luffy's haki only affects grunts so we still need some big names to come up to rescue the crew. WB's crews are expendable at this point and unless something drastic like the Kumas turn on the marines or Dragon's army shows up i think the only ones coming outta this are ace,luffy and buggy.

Diablos
December 22, 2009, 04:38 PM
BB is a beast. technically BB is still a shichibukai, and i dont think the marines would attack him. this fight is looking even worse this chapter than last chapter for the WB alliance. WB is in even worse shape after being attacked, marco is handcuffed, and jozu is frozen. the admirals havent taken any real damage, and garp and sengoku are both fresh. not to mention they might be the strongest fighters in the WG.

i sure hope rayliegh shows up with some of the rogers pirates. maybe dadan shows up. the supernovas look like they might show up, but what can they really do against the top brass(VA and up)

Yeah, I know BB is strong, but my main point in that post is that he isnt strong enough to make a difference in this war.

oh and btw how could I forget, so nice some people remembered him, Indeed I forgot BUGGY! He is still to me ( in hope ) an open card after that face and statement he made in previous chapter that was chilling, I sure hope Buggy surprises me! Like I said before, I know we've seen him weak till now and all, but that could very be is style not wanting to get too much attention, and get all the treasures he can have, which is trully what he desires most XD wealth lolol

Rufymadara69
December 22, 2009, 04:50 PM
Translation from
http://forum.onemanga.com/showthread.php?p=2941457#post2941457
Hope it helps
chapter 569. Monster

Luffy: ...!! ah
Luffy: they intend to execute Ace!

Iva: Mugiwara boy!! Remember, if you fall down again, do not hope you can come back to this world!
Iva: Tension hormones that trick your body, only to deceive!! your wounds are still not healed!
Luffy: haah ... haah ...
Luffy: I will not fall again ...!

Iva: minggiiiiiiiiir!! Hiihaaa!
Luffy:!

Luffy: Coby!!
Luffy: haah haah
Coby (if I did not fight)
Coby (I'm not going to change! This is war! I had to fight with the intent to kill him!)
Luffy: Gomugomu no ...
Coby: Soru!
Coby:!!?
Luffy: Bul ...
Luffy: let!

PX: Monkey D. Luffy
pirates: uwa!!
Luffy: damn. They are trouble!!
Iva: Kuma fake!

PX:!
Luffy:!?
Luffy: ah

PX: Shichibukai Boa Hancock ...
Luffy: oi!! danger!

PX: the attack was stopped ...!!
PX: friend

Luffy: oh, yes!! you do not hurt you friend!

Luffy: thanks, Hancock!!
Hancock: he said my name again ♡
Iva: he's a pirate empress, is not it!? why do you know?
Iva:?

PX: Boa Hancock, Move aside!
Hancock: I do not want my name mentioned by you

pirates: pops!

Marco: ukh ...
Kizaru: oooh, you're not looking, yaaa ...
Kizaru: but you keep this handcuff ... phoenix Marco ...

Marco:!!?
Marco: Kairouseki!!
Marco: uwaa!

pirates: captain Marco!

pirates: captain Jozu lost!
Aokiji: Whitebeard Pirates are going downs ...
pirates: Commanders got defeated one by one ...

Sengoku: do not relax it!! you all, kill Whitebeard!
pirates: pops!

Whitebeard: do not come here!
pirate:!!?

pirates: pops!!
Ace: ......

Whitebeard: ......
Whitebeard: they think ... only this ...!!
Whitebeard: haah ... haah ...

Captain: ............
Whitebeard: they could kill me.
Whitebeard: I do not need help ...
Whitebeard: haah ... haah ...

Whitebeard: I am Whitebeard!!
Marine:!

Marine: mo ... monster!!

Whitebeard: I know ...
Whitebeard: what is the meaning and effect ...
GARP: ...
Whitebeard: from death ...!!

Whitebeard: ... therefore ... I can not die before them/for them
Whitebeard: I see a bright future of my children ...
Whitebeard: you hear, Ace
Ace: ...!
Marine: why would they put behind the formation Whitebeard!!

Whitebeard: ......
Whitebeard: haah ... haah ... well, you would not understand ...
Jimbei: we protect the dignity father!!
Whitebeard: stupid, you are too understanding
Marine:!?

Sengoku: if you want to see the future, will soon show you
Sengoku: done!

pirates: Aaaaaaace!
Whitebeard: no good. I think I can not stop it ...
Whitebeard: uhugg!!
Whitebeard:!

Sengoku: behold, Whitebeard!
Whitebeard: uh! (****)

Luffy: stop
Ace:!!?
Sengoku: ..........!!!

Ace: ...
pirates:haoushoku ...!!!
Aokiji: oi oi, seriously ...!!!
Iva: ye, you had it!!
Luffy: I will soon help you!!
Whitebeard(child ...!!!)

Anyway there are 2 versions of translations... If the mods find this inappropriate please remove it. :)

Source: AMP (http://animeemangaparadise.forumcommunity.net/)
Credits: Rufymadara69
Verification: Confermato

Capitolo 569. Monstro

Rufy: ...!! ah
Rufy: intendono giustiziare Ace!

Iva: MugiwaraBoy! Ricorda, se cadi giù di nuovo, non credo che tu possa tornare a questo mondo!
Iva: gli ormoni che ti ho dato servono solo per ingannare il tuo corpo! le ferite non sono ancora guarite!
Rufy: haah ... haah ...
Rufy: non voglio cadere di nuovo ...!

Iva: minggiiiiiiiiir! Hiihaaa!
Rufy:!

Rufy: Coby!
Rufy: haah haah
Coby (se non combatto)
Coby (non ho intenzione di cambiare, questa è la guerra! Devo lottare con l'intento di ucciderlo!)
Rufy: Gomugomu no ...
Coby: Soru!
Coby:!?
Rufy: Bul ...
Rufy: let!

PX: Monkey D. Luffy
pirati: UWA!
Luffy: Dannazione. Sono guai!
Iva: falso Kuma!

PX:!
Rufy:!?
Luffy: Ah

PX: Shichibukai Boa Hancock ...
Luffy: Oi! pericolo!

PX: l'attacco è stato fermato ...!!
PX: amico

Rufy: oh, sì! non male amico!

Rufy: grazie, Hancock!
Hancock: ha detto di nuovo il mio nome ♡
Iva: lei è un imperatrice pirata, non è vero!? Perché lo sai?
Iva:?

PX: Boa Hancock, Fatti da parte!
Hancock: non voglio che il mio nome sia detto da altri

pirati: pops!

Marco: UKH ...
Kizaru: oooh, non siete in cerca, yaaa ...
Kizaru: tieni queste manette ... Phoenix Marco ...

Marco:!?
Marco: Kairouseki!
Marco: uwaa!

pirati: il capitano Marco!

Pirates: Captain Jozu ha perso!
Aokiji: I Pirati Barbabianca stanno cadendo...
Pirates: I Comandanti sconfitti uno ad uno ...

Sengoku: non rilassatevi! voi tutti, uccidete Barbabianca!

Barbabianca: Non venire qui!
Pirata:!?

Ace: ......

Barbabianca: ......
Barbabianca: pensano ... solo questo ...!!
Barbabianca: haah ... haah ...

Capitano: ............
Barbabianca: potevano uccidere me.
Barbabianca: non ho bisogno di aiuto ...
Barbabianca: haah ... haah ...

Barbabianca: Sono Barbabianca!
Marine:!

Marina: mo ... mostro!

Barbabianca: Lo so ...
Barbabianca: qual è il significato e l'effetto ...
GARP: ...
Barbabianca: dalla morte ...!!

Barbabianca: ... quindi ... Non posso morire prima di loro / loro
Barbabianca: Vedo un futuro brillante dei miei figli ...
Barbabianca: si sente, Ace
Ace: ...!
Marina: perché si sono messi in formazione alle spalle di Barbabianca!

Barbabianca: ......
Barbabianca: haah ... haah ... Be ', non avrebbe capito ...
Jimbei: proteggiamo il padre della dignità!
Barbabianca: stupido, tu sei troppo comprensivo
Marina:!?

Sengoku: se volete vedere il futuro, presto vi sarà mostrato
Sengoku: fatelo!

pirati: Aaaaaaace!
Barbabianca: non va bene. Credo che non riuscirò a fermarlo ...
Barbabianca: uhugg!
Barbabianca:!

Sengoku: ecco, Barbabianca!
Barbabianca: uh! (****)

Rufy: FEEERMIIIII!!!!
Ace:!?
Sengoku: ..........!!!

Ace: ...
Pirates: haoushoku ...!!!
Aokiji: oi oi, sul serio ...!!!
Iva: tu, sei tu!
Rufy: Vi aiuterò!
Barbabianca (ragazzo...!!!)

Superman
December 22, 2009, 04:58 PM
I fucking hope that BB will join in this war. I imagine it like this: BB and crew say something and they get all attention. WB and Ace and all the guys are getting pissed and BB makes some statement like: "Oh Whitebeard long time no see. You look pretty messed up even for your age" Whitebeard: "Teach!!!! Why are you here and bla bla....! I gave you everything but you couldnt bridle your lust" BB: "Ive had other plans like you will notice soon....or maybe not. You look half dead old man" WB: "Curb your tounge this isnt over yet" BB: "Oh ho *grin*"!!

Then Sengoku and Garp get in the war and BB and WB agreeing on kicking the marine asses first. But this agreement doesnt hold for so long.
Well since nobody can watch out for Ace anymore Ace is free and a fight between three partys begin. WB crew, BB crew, Marines. I hope it ends this way BB and WB just have to fight a little.

Zatono
December 22, 2009, 05:22 PM
Which means that there's no way that Sengoku will allow to let Luffy roam free anymore on the battlefield. The focus on Whitebeard now he's weakened might weaken which might give him some time to rest. The most important question now: Who will be the next ant in this war? Yes that right, it's Buggy. Buggy will do something big which will learn Sengoku a important lesson: Never ignore Ants.

Buggy needs to do something that'll prove he was worthy of being on Roger's ship. Seriously, it's getting more and more unbelievable that he was able to be on it. What if Rayleigh decided to blast some Haki during battles? Buggy had to of at least been able to stay conscious during that, right? So far, I see no indication of him being able to of done that. Perhaps he'll stab an admiral in the back, by launching his arm with a dagger at him.

As for the spoilers, Luffy's Haki saves the day again, what a surprise.

huynhlan
December 22, 2009, 05:23 PM
The most amusing thing in this entire war is that Luffy several times forces big shots and important Marines to focus their attention on his actions.

Nyon said that he would be like a ant in this war, but he didn't pass through the forest unnoticed. Now currently this ant might have become the biggest prey that the Marine at all costs wants to capture and the fight to keep this ant alive will start.

You sure Buggy's still awake. I think he's probably out cold right like jango right now do to luffy's haki. I'm kidding. Buggy's pretty strong in my opinion. He probably can fight evenly with mihawk, because he's uncutable after all.Man after seem the spoiler I'm really dissapointed at the WB pirates. They are getting beat left and right, marco and joz are dissapointment. If it keep going like this the pirate are going to lose without a doubt. I still can't quite believe none of roger's old crew or dragon are coming to this war, you dissapoint me greatly ODA.

AiddonValentine
December 22, 2009, 05:53 PM
yeesh, about friggin time Oda did SOMETHING with Haoushoku. I am disappointed that somehow everyone and their mother knows what Haoshoku is (sounds familiar -looks at every title in the SJ catalog-) though hopefully Oda has the common sense to keep Luffy and Hancock as its ONLY wielders. Hopefully she comments on this

Poneglyph420
December 22, 2009, 06:06 PM
You sure Buggy's still awake. I think he's probably out cold right like jango right now do to luffy's haki. I'm kidding. Buggy's pretty strong in my opinion. He probably can fight evenly with mihawk, because he's uncutable after all.Man after seem the spoiler I'm really dissapointed at the WB pirates. They are getting beat left and right, marco and joz are dissapointment. If it keep going like this the pirate are going to lose without a doubt. I still can't quite believe none of roger's old crew or dragon are coming to this war, you dissapoint me greatly ODA.

It's too bad that Oda has let YOU down, cuz up til now it's been nothing but pure genius and such fun! I'd love to see guys like Buggy or Squardo (someone we ehought shouldn't be able to help) add a new dimension to the war. I think the Supernovas will show up and help create more chaos.

The fact the pirates are vulnarable and can be beaten is good in my book.
If the Uber HAX pirates just walked in and saved Ace, then why does the WG even exist?? Especially since might makes right to most it seems...
I am more impressed and pleased with Oda's storytelling than any other manga-ka... Sorry you are displeased.. I think it might just be you...

Spaceman-Spiff
December 22, 2009, 06:15 PM
Hmm, early spoiler. That means we won't see the next Jump until 3 more weeks~

mr.danly
December 22, 2009, 07:17 PM
Buggy needs to do something that'll prove he was worthy of being on Roger's ship. Seriously, it's getting more and more unbelievable that he was able to be on it. What if Rayleigh decided to blast some Haki during battles? Buggy had to of at least been able to stay conscious during that, right? So far, I see no indication of him being able to of done that. Perhaps he'll stab an admiral in the back, by launching his arm with a dagger at him.

As for the spoilers, Luffy's Haki saves the day again, what a surprise.

Or maybe buggy just ran away or something. I might be overanalyzing, but when Shanks meets WB with his haki out full force, http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/434/03/, Marco says to "get back, or you won't last," which seems to imply that if they do get back or run away, they'll be able to avoid the effects of the haki. I mean, there has to be some kind of limit to the range at which a haki burst can effect people. But yeah, I agree, Buggy's kind of pathetic. It's surprising that he's even survived up until this point, even if his fruit makes him invulnerable to swords and whatnot.

PS: You have 666 posts.

sarutobi_sensei
December 22, 2009, 07:58 PM
ZOMFG!!!!!! This made my week! Even better than my PS3!!!!!!!

OMFG!"!!!!

There it is! Haoushoku Kaki! AHHHHHHHHHHH (screams around like fangirl) :D

I'm so excited!
[hr]

It would've been funny if WB last line wasn't child but after witnessing Luffy's Haki:

Whitebeard: My son....!!!

Well the least, luffy got promoted from brat to child XD

*_* I can't describe in words the feelings I'd have!

*dances around the room screaming :D*

loooooool so the magic word is I SAID STOP IT ... hahahah

And a very pissed off luffy :D

luffy's haki only affects grunts so we still need some big names to come up to rescue the crew. WB's crews are expendable at this point and unless something drastic like the Kumas turn on the marines or Dragon's army shows up i think the only ones coming outta this are ace,luffy and buggy.

Even so, everyone is shocked @ what he just did :D

yoichi-san
December 22, 2009, 08:26 PM

Hmm no matter how strong Roger's crew are in the past they still can't stop age from weakening them. Just like Whitebeard and Garp. I'm sure that Raleigh is just another Old man now.

The statement regarding Buggy being awake, I think he should be awake. Even though he's unambitious, he's kinda a weakling and he's afraid of big fights, he still participated in the Ed War(the war with Shiki in chapter 0) Anyone who survived that wouldn't be damned by some Haki blast. Even so, I'm not saying that Buggy would survive Raleigh's blast if he takes it. It just seems that he's unaffected since Raleigh has got better control of his Haki than Luffy. If Boa's sister can witstand luffy's Haki i suppose Buggy could too. Worst possible outcome is he's stunned for a moment and then he boast that he can do that too (of coz to his crews that thought of him as their messiah)

Zatono
December 22, 2009, 08:46 PM
Again, Buggy has to have something special about him to of been on Roger's ship, unless Roger didn't give a damn about his crew, and he thought that him and Rayleigh could just double team everyone and everything, but that's highly unlikely.

I'm still waiting for him to pull off something spectacular, because right now he's a wild card. There wouldn't even be a real reason to unfreeze him if he wasn't going to go do something, unless Oda needed something to take up panels.

Jiggy-Ninja
December 22, 2009, 09:35 PM
Or maybe buggy just ran away or something. I might be overanalyzing, but when Shanks meets WB with his haki out full force, http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/434/03/, Marco says to "get back, or you won't last," which seems to imply that if they do get back or run away, they'll be able to avoid the effects of the haki. I mean, there has to be some kind of limit to the range at which a haki burst can effect people. But yeah, I agree, Buggy's kind of pathetic. It's surprising that he's even survived up until this point, even if his fruit makes him invulnerable to swords and whatnot.

It's probably something like gravity rather than an absolute distance limit. The "force" of the Haki that people feel falls proportional to the square of the distance between the source and target.

beastboy
December 22, 2009, 09:42 PM

Well, shanks wasn't Haki bursting, he was just calmly walking into an enemy ship... of corse he could do absolutly nothing.. but that didn't even make him sweat!

Romanov D Paul
December 22, 2009, 10:19 PM
I was wondering... since pirates instantly labelled Luffy's Haki burst as "Haoushoku", doesn't that probably mean that the ability to stun people in this fashion is related to this very kind of Haki itself and probably only it? Witch would mean, also Shanks and Raylaigh should bear the same kind of Haki. There are a few strange issue though. First, we are sure that Boa has Haoushoku but she never displayed the power to make people faint but rather fall in love (maybe because she's a woman? Who knows. So far she's the only female user possesing such a strong Haki). Second, we know that WB has Haki as well but, again, he never displayed the power to struck weakling down with a bad look or a walk around. Witch would probably mean he actually does NOT have Haoushoku. Mhh... Dunno, the idea of Shanks having Haoushuko is not too difficult to accept, even if the same I cannot tell for his former first mate; the very fact of being a first mate makes actually difficult to bear "the tone of a conquering king", being the first mate under the power of the captain. On this regard, well Shanks actually became a captain after the disbanding of the Roger pirates and that helps a little but it's confusing neverthless... and finally, if both have this kind of Haki, doesn't that probably mean that there were at least 3 (my bet is that, if there's at all an Haki more powerfull then Haoushoku, then Roger had it :D, if not, then he had it for sure) if not MORE, who knows, crewmember of the RP that possesed a power that manifests in AVERAGE IN 1 ON 1000000 guys... quite no wonder they conqered the Grand Line :D:D:D

Obvoiusly, it's just theories...

Dragon Slayer
December 22, 2009, 10:46 PM
ok can someone explain wht is going on??? i thought there was no chapter this week?? expand plz!

Wowzers
December 22, 2009, 10:54 PM
Shonen Jump is currently taking a 2 week break.
They printed up at least 1 chapter in advance though, and it was sent to the shippers and distributors.
It won't hit the shelves till January.
We get it early because somebody on the inside scans and posts it.
This means we still will have a 2 week break... it just gets moved around a bit when we have these 2 week holidays.

animeshout
December 22, 2009, 11:37 PM
We'll not have a chapter this week but the next week.
[hr]

First, we are sure that Boa has Haoushoku but she never displayed the power to make people faint but rather fall in love (maybe because she's a woman? Who knows. So far she's the only female user possesing such a strong Haki).

The love power is due to the fruit she ate and haikishoku haki simply means that a person's haki is stronger than normal haki.

predsfan
December 23, 2009, 12:44 AM
m confused

I think it's like this:

Ch. 568 which we got around last Thursday, came out was released Monday in Japan.

The issue with ch. 569 isn't supposed to be on sale until Monday, January 2, but they ship the issue 2 weeks early, hence spoilers and us probably getting the chapter sometime this week.

The downside is, we'll probably have to wait 2-3 weeks for ch. 570 spoilers.

I'm not 100% sure about this info, though.

elitefox
December 23, 2009, 12:45 AM
It's too bad that Oda has let YOU down, cuz up til now it's been nothing but pure genius and such fun! I'd love to see guys like Buggy or Squardo (someone we ehought shouldn't be able to help) add a new dimension to the war. I think the Supernovas will show up and help create more chaos.

The fact the pirates are vulnarable and can be beaten is good in my book.
If the Uber HAX pirates just walked in and saved Ace, then why does the WG even exist?? Especially since might makes right to most it seems...
I am more impressed and pleased with Oda's storytelling than any other manga-ka... Sorry you are displeased.. I think it might just be you...

Well yeah I agree, but what I thought since they should have known that they are outclass mostly they will try to rescue and run as fast as possible just like a storm lol

but what happen is they use slow methods, or kinda slow to me :D

Gecko Moria
December 23, 2009, 05:04 AM
I should definitely have waited for the chapter to come out instead of reading the spoiler :darn I guess my curiosity got the better of me. Luffy making a comeback for the pirates with Haoshoku Haki would be very advantageous indeed considering the loss of Marco and Joz to the seastone handcuffs.

In my opinion, if the seastone does stop Marco and Joz in their tracks they are (like most Devil Fruit users) too reliant on their Devil Fruit abilities and should have been better prepared for a battle against the Marines who have already been shown to have ample seastone supply.

kanmati
December 23, 2009, 06:32 AM
Rayleigh introduction coming soon.. and BLackbeard.. in this war. but i dun now which one first. but if Blackbeard coming last i predict:

Dragon coming(Darth Vader) out.
--------------------

Nway guys which manga that really good too read? i mean its going to be holiday..my read naruto, bleach, one piece will be stoped for while.. so need new manga.

TwEeD
December 23, 2009, 07:16 AM
Luffy making a comeback for the pirates with Haoshoku Haki would be very advantageous indeed considering the loss of Marco and Joz to the seastone handcuffs.

He still has no control over it at all so it is useless in this battle. The Haki outburst just fulfills 2 roles atm: Knocking down the executioners and making the NW pirates and the WG aware of what potential Luffy is. The time of getting underestimated is over for him, now will come the real deal

panasit
December 23, 2009, 07:27 AM
Sengokou is not going to do anything before the end of the year is he. Sigh.

Morlun
December 23, 2009, 07:30 AM
He still has no control over it at all so it is useless in this battle. The Haki outburst just fulfills 2 roles atm: Knocking down the executioners and making the NW pirates and the WG aware of what potential Luffy is. The time of getting underestimated is over for him, now will come the real deal

True that he has no control, but he's in an emotional rampage at the moment. Coby foaming at the mouth seems to indicate Luffy unconsciously infused his fist with Haki. He's at a point where his will to save Ace is making Haki pour out of him.

Now, Luffy's dumb, but he's not fighting dumb. In fact, his fighting instincs are top-notch. He noticed Rayleigh's attacks connecting to Kizaru. He noticed Hancock's attack connecting to Smoker. The minute he lands an attack on a logia, he'll know he's capable of it. He may not know how to control it yet, but he'll figure it out.

He may be a total idiot, but when it comes to fighting, Luffy is a genius. There's no way he won't learn how to use Haki to some extent during this war.

jamjamstyle
December 23, 2009, 07:47 AM

It might be useless in battle, i'll agree there but i'd like to observe the current situation a bit more and see what it actually fulfills the most besides saving Ace:

The WB pirates are having a though time. Whitebeard is bleeding like crazy and doesn't have much more time left. Their most valuable fighters Joz and Marco are both down thanks to their ignorance in battle. All the division commanders left their formation together with Jimbei to back-up Whitebeard from behind, leaving their own subordinates with no instructions.

This is a very important mistake because it means that it'll confuse their own divisions and because of their disappearance there's no one who might be able to hold down the Shichibukai, leaving them to continue to lose valuable loses. Seeing this would make anyone slowly lose his will to continue to fight.

We continue with the most important part. Who's left to take over the charge? Currently the pirates are getting distracted from their feelings about seeing their own captain suffering and at the same time they have to battle their opponents with someone trustworthy to lead them....

Here's where Luffy appears and steals the show with showing of a (rare) power. Also he isn't affected by the current events and kept focussing on one goal: saving Ace. He's the perfect candidate to follow. It's not important whether Luffy is able to use his Haōshoku in combat or not. It's the will to continue to fight that gains the upperhand in this battle. Sengoku tried to crush this will by ordering Ace's execution, claiming that he will show the pirates their future. Whitebeard gave up on the very last moment but Luffy allowed him to see that there's still hope and still someone who's striving with his whole power to free Ace from the Marines. What Luffy did is enough to fire up all the pirates and because of this they will follow Luffy to the excution platform. The remaing miracles will soon follow, may it be Buggy's crazy antics or Blackbeard's secret plan... either way, Luffy made it clearly that the Marines still haven't grasped the full victory.

I really love the way Oda writes :)

OdaForPresident
December 23, 2009, 09:05 AM
In my opinion, if the seastone does stop Marco and Joz in their tracks they are (like most Devil Fruit users) too reliant on their Devil Fruit abilities and should have been better prepared for a battle against the Marines who have already been shown to have ample seastone supply.

Well the seastone doesn't just take away their devil fruit powers, it also saps their strength. So even someone who doesn't rely on his devil fruit powers to fight (Brook) would become useless if they had those cuffs on.

gold349
December 23, 2009, 09:47 AM
for Luffy with his haki he will be able to do much more now in terms of standing up to much stronger marines, its true he hasn't any real control over it but that said his punch to Cobi was prior to his 'screaming out' and looking at Cobi frothing from his mouth from the 'bullet' punch, Luffy is using haki in his techs with out 'real control' but non the less if its being used it will be his biggest/best weapon/defense against the more known marines...still with WB being protected now by his commanders and Jos and Marco down with the 3 Admirals still fresh kinda and Sengoko and Garp still to go Luffy by himself even with haki isn't going to get Ace from that platform, another/other power, someone else has to come into battle for them to get Ace and get out of Marineford.

darkestofall
December 23, 2009, 10:26 AM
I totally agree n i have a couple of farfetched ideas........GUySSS!!!! n gals ....of course........
case 1.
Imagine this........These is a new WAR cry...........n everone who looks at the horizon is in a state of shock........A ship that no one imagined they would see again.....GOld Rogers Ship is here....n the legendary crew who decide to make one more final appearance to save not only Rogers son but also to prevent the end of The great pirate age which the pirate king died to create....becoz once WB dies n with marco n Joze already taken down......all others including the new supernovas will be pumelled to death by admirals......frankly i expected more from new world..... pirates(a pity!!) .....but if Gold rogers Ship appears......i doubt the Marines would stick around....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Case 2.
While fighting the WB , Kizaru suddenly sees sentoumarus body fly from beside ........knocked out......puzzled he looks towards the Supernova pirates who have just arrived.......Then he sees BB and his crew blowing away the pacifistas......n leading the supernovas as their leader........Finally, according to his plan he has an excellent crew n army of supernovas at his command and he is thus the new superpower replacing WB...........

BluePheasant
December 23, 2009, 10:43 AM
I totally agree n i have a couple of farfetched ideas........GUySSS!!!! n gals ....of course........
case 1.
Imagine this........These is a new WAR cry...........n everone who looks at the horizon is in a state of shock........A ship that no one imagined they would see again.....GOld Rogers Ship is here....n the legendary crew who decide to make one more final appearance to save not only Rogers son but also to prevent the end of The great pirate age which the pirate king died to create....becoz once WB dies n with marco n Joze already taken down......all others including the new supernovas will be pumelled to death by admirals......frankly i expected more from new world..... pirates(a pity!!) .....but if Gold rogers Ship appears......i doubt the Marines would stick around....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Case 2.
While fighting the WB , Kizaru suddenly sees sentoumarus body fly from beside ........knocked out......puzzled he looks towards the Supernova pirates who have just arrived.......Then he sees BB and his crew blowing away the pacifistas......n leading the supernovas as their leader........Finally, according to his plan he has an excellent crew n army of supernovas at his command and he is thus the new superpower replacing WB...........

I dont think the supernovas would take orders from anyone at this moment. its not like luffy listens to anyone lol XD. i like your first case tho cuz im sure the roger pirates would want to save the new era that their captain died to create.

Dragon Slayer
December 23, 2009, 10:55 AM
so does this seastone that kizaru put on Marco mean that when before he fired his light beams they had seastones attached to them and with seastone no one can use their powers????????///

darklide
December 23, 2009, 11:30 AM
I wonder why of the 3 admirals it isnt kizaru fighting WB?

I think due to his abilities and speed, he would be more dangerous compared to aokiji or akainu...

im NOT saying that kizaru is stronger than these two or whatever but due to the current circumstences i would say that he would be able to damage WB more

Its great to see luffy using haki once again and as some of you as said, this just told the marines: "Im Monkey D. Luffy, remember my name well coz in the future i'll become an even bigger pain in the ass im currently am :P "

darkestofall
December 23, 2009, 11:35 AM
I dont think the supernovas would take orders from anyone at this moment. its not like luffy listens to anyone lol XD. i like your first case tho cuz im sure the roger pirates would want to save the new era that their captain died to create.

yeah i doubt BB could really ctrl supernovas or really fight admirals.............but hey wat abt now luffy n WB going on a rampage together against da marines(Your anger give you focus n strength....lol somthin i tried frm starwars)???

shouryuujo
December 23, 2009, 11:52 AM
i am also interested to see how kizaru can hold the seastone without losing his power... or he did in an instant to lock up marco? And i hope luffy appreciates what Boa is doing for him - she is basically putting him before her entire clan since she and her clan could be severely punished after all this (or perhaps the top dogs dont notice her helping luffy in the chaos...)

Spaceman-Spiff
December 23, 2009, 12:00 PM
I think it's like this:

Ch. 568 which we got around last Thursday, came out was released Monday in Japan.

The issue with ch. 569 isn't supposed to be on sale until Monday, January 2, but they ship the issue 2 weeks early, hence spoilers and us probably getting the chapter sometime this week.

The downside is, we'll probably have to wait 2-3 weeks for ch. 570 spoilers.

I'm not 100% sure about this info, though.

Here's WSJ release schedule, was posted last week from someone on APF:

OP568 - Just an FYI, this chapter is gonna be out the next monday, Dec 21st. <- what we got last week
NO OP - Then Dec 28th will be a holiday break in Japan.
OP569 - The next release of WSJ will be out on Jan 4th.<- early spoiler this week
NO OP - Then Jan 11th will be another holiday break in Japan.
OP570 - The next release of WSJ will be out on Jan 18th.

So, we're looking around 3 weeks before we see the next jump.

johnnyb7
December 23, 2009, 12:40 PM
case 1.

Case 2.

I don't see either of those cases have the slightest chance of happening. My reasoning is that a lot of gold rogers crew has been either killed or is in hiding, crocus is with laboon, shanks already fought the other yonkou and isn't goin to show up, buggy is already there, rayleigh may show up, but at the last second to possibly save luffy or some people. Also, i don't really think all of rogers crew knew that ace was his son.
As for the supernovas, they were on the archipelago......that's a long distance from the fight.... and they have their own issues and have absolutely no reason to save ace.... so why would they join the war at all?

so i say both of those theories are completely ridiculous. here's what i say will happen.

1) luffy's released his haki and scared the shit out of people, i'm happy this happened cause i thought it would.
2) now, luffy's gonna fight someone big named, possibly an admiral, knocking one of them out of the fight.
3) luffy's gonna fight like crazy, but be overpowered eventually, my guess is by sengoku (i really want to see how strong he is)
4) blackbeard's gonna show up, defeating a lot of the pirates, and killing whitebeard himself
5) ace is going to be executed eventually, luffy's going to be knocked out and somehow he'll be saved, my guess is by rayleigh
[hr]

Here's WSJ release schedule, was posted last week from someone on APF:

OP568 - Just an FYI, this chapter is gonna be out the next monday, Dec 21st. <- what we got last week
NO OP - Then Dec 28th will be a holiday break in Japan.
OP569 - The next release of WSJ will be out on Jan 4th.<- early spoiler this week
NO OP - Then Jan 11th will be another holiday break in Japan.
OP570 - The next release of WSJ will be out on Jan 18th.

So, we're looking around 3 weeks before we see the next jump.

shit, 3 weeks.....that sucks.....

White Silver King
December 23, 2009, 01:43 PM
aokiji or akainu...

im NOT saying that kizaru is stronger than these two

I do, I'm positive Kizaru is the strongest admiral. His speed alone would likely make him capable of that, that coupled with his ability to stand on air should allow him to dodge any attack, if he even needed to because he is made of light after all. Besides you can't incinerate or freeze light but you can blow up magma and ice.

And about the whole Supernovas thing, am I the only one is enthralled with Basil Hawkins? He is one of the most interesting characters in the series IMO and his DF is very puzzling too (with its damage passing effect and shape shifting abilities) along with his future-telling and calm demeanor even when he knows he's going to lose against an enemy and of course his super high bounty which is one of the highest in the series and I read somewhere (pretty sure in the manga) that his bounty would be higher if he was more aggresive and showed himself to be more of threat instead of his current cool and uncaring attitude.

zozo96
December 23, 2009, 02:33 PM
ye i would say fairy tail too. anyway the case of SN joining BB is out of the q becuz the SN are too pride for someone else to lead them just look at luffy

During the break-off, I would like to recommend Kenji (http://www.mangafox.com/manga/kenji/). It's old, but definitely one of the best shounen out there.

So, Luffy's haoshoku haki is made known at last. This is the best part of Oda's work, he knows how to put things in place like a giant puzzle, and of course, in time. I cannot think of better time. He already pended this by giving the first chance to Croc. Oda always put the OP's protagonists in almost desperate situations and bam!... a miracle happened.

johnnyb7
December 23, 2009, 02:55 PM
i say blackbeard shows up, and whitebeard dies within 4 chapters from now

Zatono
December 23, 2009, 03:05 PM
i say blackbeard shows up, and whitebeard dies within 4 chapters from now

If WB dies, then I'm looking forward to mass chaos around the world. Imagine what the fishman island place will be like? It was destroying itself before WB claimed it, imagine what else will just spontaneously com-bust if he dies. It was said before that if any of the 3 great powers get messed up (WG, Shichibukai, and the Yonko) s*** would go down.

k-dom
December 23, 2009, 03:07 PM
Hey is it Christmas already ? I didn't expect anything before the week end like the other time.

And it is a nice present. Luffy punching coby (unexpected), Luffy using his haki (long time expected). I may be wrong but I have the impression he is able to focus it. Even if the top fighters are immune to such attack, we don't see anyone beside the 2 guards fainting. As someone said it's also strange that the pirate recognise it as the king haki.
I think Iva will never stop being surprised by Luffy.

On the other point, having Marco and Jozu severely incapacited is quite a surprise. Even if Whitebeard is bodyguarded by his captain, there is no more left to deal with the admiral and Garp. Except, Hancock who seems to have chosen his side, but will she fight against them. I hate to say it but some fresh blood starts to be needed.

luffy_boy
December 23, 2009, 03:24 PM
I do, I'm positive Kizaru is the strongest admiral. His speed alone would likely make him capable of that, that coupled with his ability to stand on air should allow him to dodge any attack, if he even needed to because he is made of light after all. Besides you can't incinerate or freeze light but you can blow up magma and ice.

Although Kizaru is also my favourite, i would say they all have there specialities. Kizaru is the fastest and most precise when it comes to attacks. Aokiji has in my opinion the attacks which attacks on large scale.
And Akainu attacks seem certain death attacks, and also his attacks cover a larger area.
[hr]

During the break-off, I would like to recommend Kenji (http://www.mangafox.com/manga/kenji/). It's old, but definitely one of the best shounen out there.

I think the next few days i will read http://www.mangafox.com/manga/history_s_strongest_disciple_kenichi/ .

The story`s is a lot like most shounen series, but the humor is fantastic. Also the amount of different fighting styles is just outstanding.

chess4
December 23, 2009, 03:53 PM
WB is definitely going to die either during this war or shortly after. he was already sick, now he has taken hella damage. the ole boy is not going to go quitely though.

its looking bad for the WB alliance at this point. one thing is for sure that help will arrive, but the bigger question is who. here is my potential arrivals:

supernovas-if all 9 show up with their crews then they could do some serious damage, but only to VA and below. the top few like kid, hawkins, and law probably could take on VA by themselves. they have nothing to gain from this fight, so they may or may not show.

shanks-he is holding off another yonkou, so i really can see him shaking loose from that. he is doing his part to help save ace. no way the WB's take on kaidou and make it to marineford in time. i guess its pretty safe to say that the red hairs will not come.

dragon-if he and his boys show up then its lights out for the WG. dragon is obviously a monster, and he commands a large army. he is like the unofficial 5th yonkou. im sure dragon knows how close ace and luffy are since they were raised together. i think invankov and inazuma will be the representation for the RA for this battle. right now is 50-50 that he shows up. i leaning toward him not showing, since we have so many new character and character revealing their strength. this arc is a showcase of the WG top brass(sengoku, garp, shichibukai, smoker, and some VA's), the WB pirates and the top 5 members of the jailbreak league(luffy,jinbei,croc,buggy,and invankov), so i can see oda really taking from them by having dragon show. WB is going to fall, so i think this is his time to shine.

rayleigh-this is the person i think has the biggest chance of showing. for starters we have not seen him any during this arc, even when SA was shown. also there is still what kuma told him. rayleigh was shocked by what kuma said. maybe he told him about ace and rogers. im sure he also said something about him saving the strawhats, so thats why rayleigh was calm when he sent luffy flying.
rayleigh may not be in his prime but he still fought kizaru evenly. im sure he will not come unprepared if he does. i would love for a few of rogers crewman to show, like the guy with the ponytail, and the big bald guy from chapter 0.

dadan-this guy is the one im most curious about. ace is practically his son. he has had ace since he was a baby. he trained ace and luffy both how to fight, so im sure he can handle himself. i cant just see him sitting by and letting ace be killed. chapter 0 and the last chapter he has been shown, so maybe oda is loading up for dadan's grand entrance. garp would jist trust ace and lufft to anyone, so im sure dadan is a dawg on the battlefield

final verdict-i know some will say im crazy, but i think both dadan and rayleigh will show up ready to get get get it.

johnnyb7
December 23, 2009, 04:01 PM
If WB dies, then I'm looking forward to mass chaos around the world. Imagine what the fishman island place will be like? It was destroying itself before WB claimed it, imagine what else will just spontaneously com-bust if he dies. It was said before that if any of the 3 great powers get messed up (WG, Shichibukai, and the Yonko) s*** would go down.

that's a very good comment, fishman island would go to shit, but luffy and his crew would be going there next. and luffy could see shit going down there, get pissed off and claim it and no one would fuck with it then. luffy could take whitebeards place there. and i dunno if he would become a yonkou but i think that'd be pretty cool if he did.

Tengou
December 23, 2009, 04:43 PM
Honestly, there's simply no way for the revolutionaries not to show up at this point, or they would be the worst freedom fighters in the history of guerilla warfare. What would-be revolutionary wouldn't take advantage of the World Government's precarious position now? It wouldn't surprise me if a group of Dragon's men are attempting to infiltrate Mariejois off-screen as we speak, raid multiple WG-controlled nations in order to liberate the people, take advantage of general troop placements and depleted garrisons in order to weaken the WG's position in various areas, etc., etc.,while the bulk of marine forces are preoccupied with fending off Whitebeard's attack.

God, I love Buggy, though... Cowardly and physically unimpressive, he still manages to be at the perfect place in the perfect time. His silly cajolery just keeps putting him exactly where he needs to be, and he will likely achieve a level of significance after the war that doesn't quite bespeak his power. Fate just keeps exalting him further and further, much to his dismay as it will lead him to catch the attention of evermore powerful foes. Through a mixture of sophistry, subterfuge, self-advertizing and shameless groveling before his betters, this man will rise above the masses and to greatness behind the backs of his loyal subjects. Buggy for future Yonkou!

Lastly, I am quite as exstatic as most people at seeing Luffy's first haki-imbued attacks, and the recurrence of his haoushoku. It's about time he did something that'd get him noticed as a serious threat to 'world peace'. It wasn't the fact that Coby was out cold and foaming at the mouth, but rather that he was caught in the middle of using Soru that cinched for me the fact that Luffy was using haki. He sensed and anticipated perfectly how and in which direction Coby would move and planted a fist right in the center of his face regardless of the speed he was moving at. Earlier moments against Mihawk also seemed to corroborate the assumption that he was using haki in order to likewise predict the outcome of the latter's sword attacks and respond accordingly to save his arm from being severed. If things continue on like this, we'll be seeing a whole new dimension of fighting when Luffy enters the New World, as we rightfully should.

gold349
December 23, 2009, 04:52 PM
supernovas as cool as they are...I don't think they could do any better than the NW captains...NW captains, they have to be much much bigger (bounties, strength, power) than the supernovas?. On this battlefield it'll have to be more than 1 person, the shishibukai are still standing, 3 admirals can go at it any time, Garp is fresh, Sengoku has only sweated by standing there on the other hand WB commanders minus Marco and Jos are protecting WB who is very ill worsening by the second, Luffy has had a burst of haki and another injection of hormones but he isn't getting through the big guns even with that, Ace ain't coming down from the platform until that big person(s) makes an entrance.

Super Angillis
December 23, 2009, 04:55 PM
Chapters not even out and I already had a dream about reading the next chapter. In my dream, Luffy uses Haki to stun the executioners, saving ace, and fights pretty well. meanwhile, Hancock is keeping the Pacifista tied up, but Whitebeards crew isn't making any progress. Then Luffy suddenly gets stuck in his chibi form without even going to gear three as a result of his injuries. Just then, members of Dragons's revoulutionary Army start to appear. It seems one of them used the Closet Closet no mii to sneak them all in. Sengoku gets pissed off and picks up one of the swords to execute Ace himself... When someone using a fox devil Fruit jumps infront of Ace to protect him.

As for what I really think will happen, I figure either Luffy uses his Haki to knock out the executioners, or Squardo will sacrifice himself to redeem himself for earlier.

vagabond87
December 23, 2009, 05:07 PM
Really good chapter this week.. Coby get what he needed to start growing faster, Hancock showed clearly to marines on wihich side she is, WB getting more damage- now ther is no doubt that he will die soon, Marco(Onigumo is my favourite villain) and Jozu being defeated. Soon we will see who te hell will free Ace. Three Admirals, Garp, Sengoku all in good shape... One of the two not shown Yonkou. It was good to see Luffy getting attention of everybody with his haki but with it he cant change that pirates are loosing. This chapter was greatest christmas gift for me..
And last thing- Ace is not sweating while even Aokiji is so probably he have the same kind of haki as Luffy(I know pictures are blurry and this in part is my prediction that Ace have it after Roger)

Duval
December 23, 2009, 05:41 PM
If WB dies, then I'm looking forward to mass chaos around the world. Imagine what the fishman island place will be like?

This is what's been running through my mind, as of late. I expect the place to be quite different from how it's been presented up to this point in the story. I can only hope that Jimbei survives this war and assists Luffy and company a bit later on, if Caimie, Pappug and Hatchan don't end up doing so.

isrnick
December 23, 2009, 05:58 PM
If Blackbeard shows up, I think it will be right after Luffy frees Ace. And he will go around destroying everyone in both sides, pirates and marines. And maybe he himself will kill Whitebeard.

Other than him I doubt anyone will come...

wing_gundam
December 23, 2009, 06:00 PM

Not if Luffy replaces him...

just saying :D

White Silver King
December 23, 2009, 06:29 PM
Oh oh oh PREDICATION THOUGHT!!!! I don't think that the Revs. will show up because I think they'll be a big deal next arc. Notice how all the SH Pirates were sent to countries/islands that were oppressed by the WG. I think that each one of the SH pirates will meet a Commander of different garrisons of the Revs. (the Revs. equivalent to the WB Pirates Commanders) and help liberate the country with the help of the commander, adding to the armies against the WG (because it surely will not fall in this arc). And doesn't anyone think it's weird how we're all on the side of the bad guys and hoping they destroy the military keeping citizens safe so pirates can instate a regime of world-wide anarchy lol?

Naruffy
December 23, 2009, 06:37 PM
Oh oh oh PREDICATION THOUGHT!!!! I don't think that the Revs. will show up because I think they'll be a big deal next arc. Notice how all the SH Pirates were sent to countries/islands that were oppressed by the WG. I think that each one of the SH pirates will meet a Commander of different garrisons of the Revs. (the Revs. equivalent to the WB Pirates Commanders) and help liberate the country with the help of the commander, adding to the armies against the WG (because it surely will not fall in this arc). And doesn't anyone think it's weird how we're all on the side of the bad guys and hoping they destroy the military keeping citizens safe so pirates can instate a regime of world-wide anarchy lol?

They didn't go to islands that where oppressed by WG, how was the Island Chopper, Zoro, Sanji, Nami, Ussopp... all the Mugiwara's but Robin went to oppressed by the WG?

Seems like Luffy will get a lot of attention in the beginning of the next chapter. I hope Ace gets rescued or someone else comes soon, I'm getting tired of them running towards Ace. Luffy will have to fight Sengoku in order to save Ace (Since Sengoku's of the scaffold with him), I can't wait to see that.

Makki
December 23, 2009, 06:56 PM
And doesn't anyone think it's weird how we're all on the side of the bad guys and hoping they destroy the military keeping citizens safe so pirates can instate a regime of world-wide anarchy lol?

Regime and Anarchy is contradicting. Anarchy stands for freedom, in this case more for socialism than a communism regime. Human Rights, no markets, etc. The citizen control themselves, may not peacefully always, but what Manga would OP be if after a revolution of the Revolutionists the island don't have peace. The world government is the regime in OP. Think about it ;)

OdaForPresident
December 23, 2009, 07:09 PM
Well...if you've got some time to spare, here are some of my favorites:
Fairy Tail, Historys Strongest Disciple Kenichi, Hajime no Ippo, Air Gear
Soul Eater, Hunter X Hunter, Bakuman, Kekkaishi, Veritas , The Breaker, Vagabond, GTO, Gamaran, Ares, Worst.

On topic: epic that Luffy finally shows his haki to the world, I'm especially curious to see Garp's reaction. I'm wondering if he always knew or if its new to him as well. Maybe all the D's have the haoushoku haki as well as the really big names (Rayleigh, Shanks). What I'm wondering about is WB's haki, we didn't really see anything haki related. which makes me think that he can't knock people out with his haki, being the most powerfull man alive must mean that he could do away with a lot of marines before the fight even started, if he had the haoushoku. So what can he do with his haki? Just stabbing Aokiji isn't enough.

isrnick
December 23, 2009, 07:22 PM
And doesn't anyone think it's weird how we're all on the side of the bad guys and hoping they destroy the military keeping citizens safe so pirates can instate a regime of world-wide anarchy lol?

No, I'm hoping that the corrupt system created by the WG falls down, and that the revolutionaries make a new and better regime.

The pirates (Luffy more than any other) doesn't have any interest in what happens to the government...

What I expect of the Strawhats, is that after they uncover the truth about the 100 lost years, they somehow let the world know the truth that the WG has been hiding for so long.

From there what the rest of the world choose to do to free themselves of the WG's influence is their own responsibility (Be that: to join the revolutionaries force, or stay by the WG's side, or take another completely different course).

johnnyb7
December 23, 2009, 07:50 PM

i concur
[hr]
in reference to luffy replacing whitebeard

Anti-panda
December 23, 2009, 07:55 PM

Honestly i don't think luffy is Anywhere close to that lvl yet.

Pirates and Scoundrels are not going to avoid causing trouble just because he puts his name on a island.

Plus Luffy isn't going to replace whitebeard.

He'll be taking Gold Rogers place ^_^

Still the more i see the WG the more it pisses me off.

Silent consent of the slave trade aside.

Leaving half the GL to lawlessness .. and then making a villian out of the Guy mostly responsible for the Order in the new world. .. What bastards.

yoichi-san
December 23, 2009, 08:51 PM
To ignore the strong and exterminate the weak that's very common. In fact that's what happening on earth now. No offense but usually government are the ones who are the bad guys.

rocklee87
December 23, 2009, 08:57 PM
Well thats the recurring pattern of One Piece, the Pirates aren't always bad and for the most part, Marines are bad guys. They want blind obedience and are hiding a chunk of history probably not for the good of all but to cover their asses.

If/when Luffy learns how to control his haki, he will have surpassed Whitebeard. I think Luffy has a rare powerful form right? I would like him to have a weapon though and its kinda weird but maybe his haki could form around him like armor or something.

One more thing, why is one piece coming out if there is no jump this week?

isrnick
December 23, 2009, 09:36 PM
One more thing, why is one piece coming out if there is no jump this week?

Read this topic:

http://mangahelpers.com/forums/announcement.php?f=47&a=95

xhondoe
December 23, 2009, 10:17 PM
I think even if luffy manages to use haki there is no point the pirates could win against the WG unless someone shows up.
That someone is dragon.

isrnick
December 23, 2009, 10:46 PM
Why would Dragon shows up?

He didn't had how to know that Luffy or Iwa would be there. There is no point in he showing up at the Marine HQ now, when he can use this opportunity to take out several other places around the world.

Besides, if Dragon come to the Marine HQ now, it would mean a final strike of the revolutionaries against the WG, and this still isn't the time for the revolutionaries to take control, this only will happen (if it really does come to pass) at the end of One Piece, and there is still the whole New World to the Strawhats explore before the manga come to an end...

Jadedmariner
December 24, 2009, 01:03 AM

He didn't had how to know that Luffy or Iwa would be there. There is no point in he showing up at the Marine HQ now, when he can use this opportunity to take out several other places around the world.

Besides, if Dragon come to the Marine HQ now, it would mean a final strike of the revolutionaries against the WG, and this still isn't the time for the revolutionaries to take control, this only will happen (if it really does come to pass) at the end of One Piece, and there is still the whole New World to the Strawhats explore before the manga come to an end...

If Dragon is serious about his resistance he would strike the WG now. Attacking outer territories is pointless. Either you were always capable of taking those islands and were just lazy or you are simply going to lose them the second this battle is over. It makes a lot more sense to attack when with WG is at its weakest and try to win the entire damn thing in a single move. Think about it when is Dragon ever going to see a chance where two yonkou are distracted fighting each other and he has the assistance of another Yonkou and 2 shichibukai? The only reason for him to wait is if he believes Luffy will match his power and he can form some mega alliance of a Ace/Marco (WB Pirates), Luffy, Shanks, and himself.

elitefox
December 24, 2009, 01:18 AM
If Dragon is serious about his resistance he would strike the WG now. Attacking outer territories is pointless. Either you were always capable of taking those islands and were just lazy or you are simply going to lose them the second this battle is over. It makes a lot more sense to attack when with WG is at its weakest and try to win the entire damn thing in a single move. Think about it when is Dragon ever going to see a chance where two yonkou are distracted fighting each other and he has the assistance of another Yonkou and 2 shichibukai? The only reason for him to wait is if he believes Luffy will match his power and he can form some mega alliance of a Ace/Marco (WB Pirates), Luffy, Shanks, and himself.

I still don't think that that is the whole force of the marine/WG
WG = 170 countries
and I think it is only fleet admiral to below are fighting

I don't think luffy is interested in politics though, he just want a colorful life.

TwEeD
December 24, 2009, 02:38 AM
Plus Luffy isn't going to replace whitebeard.

Indeed, Ace will most likely replace Whitebeard. He probably will have a slimmed down fleet to his command though but still powerfull enough to do things such as protecting Fishman Island

Poneglyph420
December 24, 2009, 02:46 AM
It hasn't even been a week W/O a chapter and it's back to the Dragon showing up talk. I severely doubt he'd show up here unless it's to (again..) save his son. He'd be attracting far too much attention and basically opening himself up...

Besides what a sign of disrespect to all the pirates who came to the face the Marines on their own turf..
If Dragon is making moves now (which I hope he is) I'd expect it's to build support and further weaken the WG. Why over-concentrate the attack and only damage the marines, when he can be weakening the WG's grasp worldwide.....??

On another note.. Luffy just painted a MAJOR bullseye on himself now, so I hope he can kick some ass here. I expect Buggy will somehow be involved...

zagorka
December 24, 2009, 03:42 AM
My prediction is that Whitebeard will finally recognize why Shanks gave his arm for Luffy and will decide to do the same. Whitebeard will use this as motivation to save Ace and his crew once more. Sengoku will probably order the death of Luffy immediately. (Whether this changes Garp in any way, I don't know.) Whitebeard will have to act quickly. He will ask momentarily for his men to guard him, while he asks Iva to give him a similar hormone boost. Then he will ask Luffy to jump on his back to wait for the right opportunity to strike and save Ace, while Whitebeard uses his last stride to tear everything up. He'll then have to face the Admirals again, which by this time, Boa and Jimbei will step up to aid Whitebeard and Luffy. Along with the mysterious person showing up (the person who let Luffy inside the Gates,) which will provide as a good distraction for Sengoku and Garp. Luffy will then save Ace, faint, and then Ace will save Luffy.

After this point, the Supernovas may show up to save all the remaining people who have survived, while Whitebeard unleashes all his might to destroy the base, and keep the Admirals, Garp, and Sengoku busy. And eventually Whitebeard will die in the process.

k-dom
December 24, 2009, 04:32 AM
I think we can say that the placebo theory from last week is no longer correct and that Iva really inject a second dose of hormone to Luffy.

Whitebeard and Luffy are in very similar state now, they only stands because of their strong will.

Also, I suppose it is for the suspence, but if Sengoku really wants Ace to die why doesn't he care of him by himself...

ShiShi-O
December 24, 2009, 09:45 AM

if i was dragon i would already be there waiting for the WG to be weak.

all off their enemies would already be there.

i know i would.

a chance to smash on major big-shots already weakened? are u serious? just to say i took out an admiral or a couple VAs ... all the vultures are there, ya just never realize till it's too late.

any pirate worth shit should be there, just to take out the marines period

.... the marines are everyones enemies, ace or no ace. especially if i had a logia, i would be there for rep

Akainu
December 24, 2009, 10:16 AM
If I were Dragon I'd keep my hands from the marines knowing that the worldgovernment itself still has other forces waiting and acting hastily would endanger my own agenda that rather takes care about places like tequila wolf to hamper wg's projects and isn't overstretching my own powers

Dragon isn't interested in winning a sole battle, he wants to win the war and that'd require to get rid of Marines, WG and so on and this doesn't seem to be the opportunity to do so

urlaub
December 24, 2009, 10:32 AM
If I were dragon I would be weaker than WB for sure:) Yes, I think when dragon would have faced the HQ with his allies, he would have lost badly!

I can't believe that Jozu is frozen. I think he just takes his time and then unfrozes the beast inside.

msg
December 24, 2009, 10:50 AM
I don't think Dragon will come.He would most probably busy freeing certain populace from a certain country/island from the oppression of WG and the marines and also gaining their trusts.This is is important cuz he knows he need a large support'backing from normal everyday people, gaining strength day by day in order for him to make that final strike..to end it all and free the world.I wonder what are dragon's ideals and idealogy?...

I got a feeling this war is just staters..the great and final war would probably involved dragon,RA and the whole OP world pirates against the WG with thousands of kumabots, marines and the redline land army...That would be epic.Just think Lord of the rings movie..I still gonna stick out my neck and say Rayleigh and all of the SN will come to Marineford

Oh wow Luffy releasing his king Haki.I was waiting for that.I do hope he would create a new technique to at least hold off the Admirals..Gear fourth anyone:)

SEASONS GREETINGS:beer

urlaub
December 24, 2009, 11:08 AM
How bodily functioning can one character be? Luffy just uses intuition which is clever as hell. That's my take at least.

I bet when Dragon would arrive then everyone here would be shitting in theyr pants from excitement.

Sakechi
December 24, 2009, 11:59 AM
If I were dragon I would be weaker than WB for sure:) Yes, I think when dragon would have faced the HQ with his allies, he would have lost badly!

I can't believe that Jozu is frozen. I think he just takes his time and then unfrozes the beast inside.
He lost his right arm.

sh4dx
December 24, 2009, 01:04 PM
the chapter look very good.
i find it strange that marco n joz "go" down so easily, it's weird after all they are the top commanders of the crew and in the next chapter i believe they are gonna be "serius" and fight somehow equal to the admirals, because it seems pretty easy for the admirals to take down marco,joz and even wb as the world's strongest man he has to do something more than this even if he is injured and ill..
about luffy's haki it was obvious long time ago and now that he "save" ace from the executioners and it was the 2nd time after croc, i am 100& sure that there is no way ace will die.

Evec
December 24, 2009, 01:09 PM
If WB does die, I hope he does the same thing as Roger did and mark the start of the 2nd Age of Pirates or something like that.. I mean the world going into chaos would be what the WG want. That way they can be the one to calm it down.. but if the opposite happened than they're screwed

DARK
December 24, 2009, 03:12 PM
If this was really the double issue and there won't be a new chapter until next year, it seems that the speculation of Oda ending the war by this year was wrong. Still Luffy finally uses Haoushoku again and Whitebeard is on the verge of death. I'll give Oda props for providing an epic/climatic ending to the year's last chapter.

jamjamstyle
December 24, 2009, 04:15 PM
Chapter is out, thanks to mangastream :)

RichardMNixon
December 24, 2009, 04:19 PM
Also, I suppose it is for the suspence, but if Sengoku really wants Ace to die why doesn't he care of him by himself...

It appears that the glaive dudes are some kind of WG tradition. For the Fleet Admiral to have to kill a helpless man himself seems an admission of weakness. Little contrived but that's the most sense I could make of it.

Plot-wise the pirates wouldn't have much of a chance if WB had to fight Sengoku while the latter had a knife at Ace's throat.

daman246
December 24, 2009, 04:25 PM
before we know it zoro,sanji,ussop wil all have haki cause there opponents that zoro cant hit with hes sword wich needs haki in it to hit like admirals so im guessing they will all have something close to haki thats whats gona make strawhats piraes feared in the world

CBlitz
December 24, 2009, 04:35 PM
AWESOME CHAPTER!!!! Great to see Luffy finally using the King's Haki even though its still unintentional. Hopefully he can keep it up so he can use it against all the Logia users. I hope he kicks Ao Kiji's ass first, they're long overdue for a rematch. The panel where Whitebeard knocked all the marines back was great, best chapter in a while :)

DARK
December 24, 2009, 04:45 PM
AWESOME CHAPTER!!!! Great to see Luffy finally using the King's Haki even though its still unintentional. Hopefully he can keep it up so he can use it against all the Logia users. I hope he kicks Ao Kiji's ass first, they're long overdue for a rematch. The panel where Whitebeard knocked all the marines back was great, best chapter in a while :)

I still cannot believe that Whitebeard, the world's strongest man, is losing a lot of blood on his person.
It honestly doesn't matter who Luffy defeats first, assuming this Haki wasn't just for the one burst of rage. Luffy simply wants to save Ace; whomever is blocking him from doing so WILL GET THEIR ASS KICKED, WITHOUT EXCEPTION. Look at Coby.

chess4
December 24, 2009, 05:09 PM
its looking bad for joz and marco. aokiji isnt the ruthless admiral. he could have smashed joz to pieces, but he didnt. luffy's outburst only has delayed ace being killed. sengoku can still cut his head off. i think garp is still on the fence. he sees how hard WB is fighting for ace, and he is doing nothing. i think WB will inspire him to help save ace. if garp changes side then the WB alliance may have a chance.

if one piece was a live action movie. this battle would probably look like those fight scenes from 300

Black Lagoon
December 24, 2009, 05:11 PM
Yeah, it doesn't matter who's going down first ... anyone who got in his way ... should be out. :nerve

Arkadi
December 24, 2009, 05:23 PM
Jos's arm was broken if i aint wrong.
im very curious if Diamond is also a logia, it has to be if they count Smoke and Paper as logia. so i wonder if he can restore himself.

Black Lagoon
December 24, 2009, 05:27 PM
if one piece was a live action movie. this battle would probably look like those fight scenes from 300

:jawdrop why? once the Pirates gets their a$$ kicked and others it the WG's turn to taste some a$$ kicking.
In 300 only Spartans were kicking a$$es ^_^

Yans86
December 24, 2009, 05:59 PM
We should all remember that WB is far more weaker then he used to be even in his disease state because he was stabbed by SQuado....
People should rember this,because people is making it look like the guy is "weak"...
And another thing,fighting an opponent while u r protecting ur "dear" and trying to rescue another person is totally different from an all out battle where u have to "protect/fight" only for your life.....Marco and Jozu are down for this reason overall,so nothing can be assumed on their real powerscale....
This is the beauty of OP,thousands factors crossing each other and not random plotkai/plotarmor/fanservice helping this or that characters.....(good guys usually)...

neovenom
December 24, 2009, 06:17 PM
LOL @ jango owned by luffy's haki

i don't see how someone could think that marco and joz were taken down easily, out of all the NW and whitebeard pirates they were the ones who were shown doing the most impressive things aside from whitebeard of course. You gotta remember that most fights are taking place off panel so you can't make conclusions off of what little is shown of each fight and even so both marco and joz did alot. The fact that they can fight evenly with Admirals says alot about them and they "went down" because of a distraction not because their opponents were overwhelmingly superior. In a war where every participant has made a name for themselves and are considered strong in the point of view of the world, that "strength" in the war is just average. The fact they joz and marco stand out is something IMO.

To be honest before this war i didnt think much of whitebeard as a character but as this war has progressed and seeing his character development and the respect he has Whitebeard has begun to grow on me alot, hope he survives

Black Lagoon
December 24, 2009, 06:23 PM
We should all remember that WB is far more weaker then he used to be even in his disease state because he was stabbed by SQuado....
I'll Just Say ... He's WhiteBeard

People should rember this,because people is making it look like the guy is "weak"...

He showed signs of depression/impotence when Ace was about to be executed ... I guess that's why ^_^

mr.danly
December 24, 2009, 06:27 PM
LOL @ jango owned by luffy's haki

i don't see how someone could think that marco and joz were taken down easily, out of all the NW and whitebeard pirates they were the ones who were shown doing the most impressive things aside from whitebeard of course. You gotta remember that most fights are taking place off panel so you can't make conclusions off of what little is shown of each fight and even so both marco and joz did alot. The fact that they can fight evenly with Admirals says alot about them and they "went down" because of a distraction not because their opponents were overwhelmingly superior. In a war where every participant has made a name for themselves and are considered strong in the point of view of the world, that "strength" in the war is just average. The fact they joz and marco stand out is something IMO.

To be honest before this war i didnt think much of whitebeard as a character but as this war has progressed and seeing his character development and the respect he has Whitebeard has begun to grow on me alot, hope he survives

I sort of agree. I think Marco got taken down because of several distractions, but it appeared that Joz simply got overpowered by Aokiji. Joz sneak attacked Aokiji, knocking him away, and then promptly got frozen completely. Marco noticed WB falling down, and so attempted to rush to his aid, and got lasered by Kizaru and then seastone shackled by that VA. But still, I'm quite disappointed in this result. The two most powerful commanders of the WB pirates get taken down without doing much damage to the admirals.

Black Lagoon
December 24, 2009, 06:47 PM
I sort of agree. I think Marco got taken down because of several distractions, but it appeared that Joz simply got overpowered by Aokiji. Joz sneak attacked Aokiji, knocking him away, and then promptly got frozen completely. Marco noticed WB falling down, and so attempted to rush to his aid, and got lasered by Kizaru and then seastone shackled by that VA. But still, I'm quite disappointed in this result. The two most powerful commanders of the WB pirates get taken down without doing much damage to the admirals.

If Buggy survived ... then Jozu will somehow manage to get the hell out of there.
besides, when he got frozen ... he was already a diamond, so he's not fragile.
Same goes for Marco

Winlyx-chan
December 24, 2009, 07:35 PM
Personally I think buggy is in lala land after the haki attack. I can't see him doing much to impress the marines after what Luffy just did. I can also see Marco dying. Think about it if both WB and Marco die then the second in command (aka: Ace) will become the new captian and I can see WB's last words being along the lines of telling ace to become the pirate king or something like that (I agree that Ace wouldn't want to be the pirate king himself but if it was your fathers last request then it's more to honer him then anything else which Ace would want to do).

I also can see if this story goes on much longer (like for at least another 4 to 6 chapters) most if not all of the strawhats joining in the fight. After all how much longer can the whole front page stories for the other members last?

On a side note what happened to Usopp? How did he loose so much weight so quickly?

Touchdown
December 24, 2009, 07:35 PM
Epoch chapter inc, cannot wait! Oda is a genius!

But, on the matter of things that matter: Where is Squado? And I could be seeing Dragon entering the war, or rather, wishing to know if it was Dragons posse who opened the Gate of Justice so our Jailbirds could sail in.

zerocooldx
December 24, 2009, 07:57 PM
Whitebeard truly is a monster. I can't even imagine him in his prime. And lolz at Aokiji's magic comment. Oh and poor Coby, he never stood a chance. :<

kkck
December 24, 2009, 08:11 PM
im very curious if Diamond is also a logia, it has to be if they count Smoke and Paper as logia. so i wonder if he can restore himself.

We have no reason to believe jozu is a logia though.

1.- He hasn't generated any amount of diamonds. He only has shown the ability to transform himself to one.

2.- He hasn't shown a single level of intangibility. He seems quite solid actually.

Given that he hasn't actually shown any of the characteristic powers which define a logia, we have no reason to believe he is one. With the evidence we have NOW, it seems blatantly obvious jozu is a paramecia.

The Closet Pervert
December 24, 2009, 08:14 PM
Luffy has been kicked around in this arc like a fly..and to be honest, Luffy HAS been like a kid playing in the middle of a big boys battlefield. The whole place is filled with people way beyond Luffys power and abilities, so it has been a small wonder Luffy has survived even this long. Luffy has been a punching bag so I am glad Luffy is FINALLY getting the attention he deserves..

..but the amazing thing is..that HAS TO be the largest Haki blast we have yet seen in the manga. It is very possible that Luffy just took out every "weak minded" person on the entire island. Just look at that Haki blast radius..!

I think that's why Sengokus face is like that. A person who is capable of such feat from such far away...a person like that does really have the potential to be the next pirate king! And thus, such a person will be in future a significant threat, even if he is not now.

I really like moments like this :)

Poneglyph420
December 24, 2009, 08:30 PM
Whitebeard truly is a monster. I can't even imagine him in his prime. And lolz at Aokiji's magic comment. Oh and poor Coby, he never stood a chance. :<

Aokiji actually says "Oi oi Maji kaiyo!" roughly Hey hey what the hell.....
My source is the images in the spoilers section...

zerocooldx
December 24, 2009, 08:32 PM
Aokiji actually says "Oi oi Maji kaiyo!" roughly Hey hey what the hell.....
My source is the images in the spoilers section...

Yeah i figured it was just a bad translation. I mean either that or Aokiji had never seen or heard of powerful Haki. Which i seriously doubt. But it was still funny.

Poneglyph420
December 24, 2009, 08:39 PM
Yeah i figured it was just a bad translation. I mean either that or Aokiji had never seen or heard of powerful Haki. Which i seriously doubt. But it was still funny.

Yeah I'm still glad the chapter is out even if they took some liberty with the translations...and my bad Maji kaiyo could also mean "For Real?!" or even "Seriously..?!" It's awesome to see both Aokiji and Sengoku basically dropping in their pants at the sight of luffy's haki blast! I am excited to see WB give himself for the salvation of Ace and his "Sons.."

Not sure if Jozu and Marco are really out for the count, but it does look bad for them. Jozu (Prob. Paramecia) needs to thaw, and Marco needs someone to free him from the Kairouseki cuffs. If Luffy can sustain the damage he has up to now and those two go down from that, then well....
They suck!

I hope for more from them.. But the real fireworks will be WB's swan song....
:D

kkck
December 24, 2009, 08:40 PM
Luffy has been kicked around in this arc like a fly..and to be honest, Luffy HAS been like a kid playing in the middle of a big boys battlefield. The whole place is filled with people way beyond Luffys power and abilities, so it has been a small wonder Luffy has survived even this long. Luffy has been a punching bag so I am glad Luffy is FINALLY getting the attention he deserves..

..but the amazing thing is..that HAS TO be the largest Haki blast we have yet seen in the manga. It is very possible that Luffy just took out every "weak minded" person on the entire island. Just look at that Haki blast radius..!

I think that's why Sengokus face is like that. A person who is capable of such feat from such far away...a person like that does really have the potential to be the next pirate king! And thus, such a person will be in future a significant threat, even if he is not now.

I really like moments like this :)

Well, I doubt he took every weak minded person in the island or that his haki reached that far lol. I do think he took out everyone that does not matter though considering most of the people are right now centered right below the execution stand. I don't think the reach of luffy's uncontrolled haki is the problem sengoku sees but rather the sheer amount of it and the fact that he has the emperors haki.

Luffy has been a punching bag so far and the only reason he has survived is because people who have enough strength to not be pushed around by anyone on the island have protected him. I mean, vista protected him from mihawk, boa protected him from smoker(who is a small fry by the war's standards so far) and then from a pacifista, marco protected him from kizaru and WB caught luffy when kizaru kicked him. Ivankov had to use his hormones and protected luffy from the real kuma and took him out of the blast kizaru used on him.

What I find remarkable is that ivankov is fine so far. He must have run into a considerable amount of powerful marines so far and he seems mostly fine. Can't believe someone so strong was merely on level 5 lol.

Naruffy
December 24, 2009, 08:59 PM
Luffy took out some of the weaker pirates, so basically no incredibly weak person is left.

Winlyx-chan
December 24, 2009, 09:03 PM
What I find remarkable is that ivankov is fine so far. He must have run into a considerable amount of powerful marines so far and he seems mostly fine. Can't believe someone so strong was merely on level 5 lol.

He was probally on level 5 because they didn't have a reason to put him on level 6 (after all Bon said that he was arrested with no reason behind it) However iva himself really hasn't been doing much fighting. He's mostly been staying behind luffy the entire arc making sure Dragon's kid remains unharmed which is why he probally hasn't been injured.

I loved this chapter though best moments were Coby getting owned (I was waiting for someone to take the brat out ;bash)

And the pure look of HollySh*% on Sengoku's face. I love the way he just looks like he could crap himself at any moment. I couldn't stop laughting at him :gigglebunny

Drmke
December 24, 2009, 09:46 PM
Luffy can use haki :o bout time. And lol at Coby....maybe he will get stronger in future arcs but he is more outta place than Luffy was.

DARK
December 24, 2009, 11:02 PM

I'd figure that Kizaru would've been the one to make a statement like that. Anyways, surprised that Luffy didn't hesitate at all to attack Coby.

zerocooldx
December 24, 2009, 11:22 PM
I'd figure that Kizaru would've been the one to make a statement like that. Anyways, surprised that Luffy didn't hesitate at all to attack Coby.

Well Coby is a friend and Ace is a brother. And Luffy apparently doesn't think twice about hurting some of his friend to save his brothers life. Which is actually a good sign. And besides i think just knocking out Coby outweighs having Ace die any day of the week.

evozoku
December 24, 2009, 11:51 PM

Who had paper logia? I really don't think Joz is a logia. Otherwise Luffy could be a logia too (since he's made of rubber, and not just a stretchy man).

And another thing,fighting an opponent while u r protecting ur "dear" and trying to rescue another person is totally different from an all out battle where u have to "protect/fight" only for your life.....Marco and Jozu are down for this reason overall,so nothing can be assumed on their real powerscale....
This is the beauty of OP,thousands factors crossing each other and not random plotkai/plotarmor/fanservice helping this or that characters.....(good guys usually)...

I don't think WB seems weak per se, but more that his senses are failing him do to loss of blood and sickness. He can't see the attacks coming that well, but when he attacks he's beyond anyone else.

The other WB pirates have been a real disappointment through this whole war, because they don't seem to use their full potential. Marco can fly, and not be injured in his pheonix form, but he made only one long delayed attempt to fly to the platform, and then he's apparently running around in human form, open to injuries, when he'd have better defense and offense in his pheonix form.
Along the same lines, Joz should be indestructible when covered in diamonds, but he leaves most of his body open.
Even WB (strongest man in the world!) treats his "children" as fodder for most of the battle before jumping in to help.

watanazn
December 25, 2009, 12:11 AM
Well Coby is a friend and Ace is a brother. And Luffy apparently doesn't think twice about hurting some of his friend to save his brothers life. Which is actually a good sign. And besides i think just knocking out Coby outweighs having Ace die any day of the week.

part of what u said was correct, Ace's death out weights injured Coby, but the consideration(brother/friend) of each person is wrong... i mean if both Coby and Ace were on the death sentence, Luffy wudnt pick one over the other and risk his life saving them both, since Luffy considers both as nakama(friends)
One thing about Coby is that he isn't decisive, just as before when Luffy had to beat him up to make Coby do something about his position(Zoro Arc)...so im saying Luffy's KO'd Coby to teach him the differences between them(in terms of strength and will/determination)

One thing tho...the last page...why did it showed Zango getting ko'd by the Haki in one panel? i understand Zango's weak, but isnt that panel out of place? cudnt understand the significance

Even WB (strongest man in the world!) treats his "children" as fodder for most of the battle before jumping in to help.
im with u about the WB pirates not showing their full potential; but about WB using his children as fodders, not so much. If he had step up at the beginning, that's like saying he doesnt have trust in his sons; and at the same time, implying the the WB pirates arent anybody worth noticing if they require the assistance of their captain on everything single thing.

zerocooldx
December 25, 2009, 12:23 AM
part of what u said was correct, Ace's death out weights injured Coby, but the consideration(brother/friend) of each person is wrong... i mean if both Coby and Ace were on the death sentence, Luffy wudnt pick one over the other and risk his life saving them both, since Luffy considers both as nakama(friends)
One thing about Coby is that he isn't decisive, just as before when Luffy had to beat him up to make Coby do something about his position(Zoro Arc)...so im saying Luffy's KO'd Coby to teach him the differences between them(in terms of strength and will/determination)

One thing tho...the last page...why did it showed Zango getting ko'd by the Haki in one panel? i understand Zango's weak, but isnt that panel out of place? cudnt understand the significance

But thats why i made the distinction between Luffy hurting a friend to save the life of another friend. If it was "a life for a life" then no Luffy would not choose and he would obviously save both. But when its hurt over death, then Luffy will choose to help the friend who faces death at the expense of hurting the other friend. And i don't think that Luffy really cared about showing Coby the difference in their strength. Not at this time anyways. Coby came out of no where and Luffy just KO'd him to get to Ace. I doubt that there was any message sent, other than "gtfo of my way!"

korio2008
December 25, 2009, 12:46 AM

it was accidentally happen :D

gomu2 no bullet only half way, but coby so foolish using soru :p

watanazn
December 25, 2009, 12:59 AM
But thats why i made the distinction between Luffy hurting a friend to save the life of another friend. If it was "a life for a life" then no Luffy would not choose and he would obviously save both. But when its hurt over death, then Luffy will choose to help the friend who faces death at the expense of hurting the other friend. And i don't think that Luffy really cared about showing Coby the difference in their strength. Not at this time anyways. Coby came out of no where and Luffy just KO'd him to get to Ace. I doubt that there was any message sent, other than "gtfo of my way!"

yep yep..that's y my first sentence was "part of what..." was to agree with u, but i didnt agree with ur first sentence "Coby is a friend and Ace is a brother," that deal.

and i also agreed with what u just said about there isnt any indication of Luffy KO'd Coby to show the differences in strength...but what Coby feels about being KO'd will greatly impact his WILL, so my statement about that stands(well to me, it's how i feel about it)

Yans86
December 25, 2009, 01:03 AM
Well,Jango was for comical relief!!!don't u remeber when he was hypnotizing those kids and then he fall asleep with them :-D

IMO Jozu doesn't havw the ability to move when he is fully transformed!Probably when he body slammed Croc he was using inertia,,,,

N A O
December 25, 2009, 01:12 AM
There is something I can't understand! if Hancock can turn anything to stone as we can see with the pacifista and early with smoker stick, and it has nothing to do with get in love her or something.... so why she couldn't do that with luffy when they were in amazon lily?

in this ch did Jozu's arm broken? is that mean he will lose it coz his DF is paramecia not logia, and Marco has sea stone handcuffs is that mean he cannot use his DF like Ace or he can partially?

jiminy
December 25, 2009, 01:29 AM
IMO Jozu doesn't havw the ability to move when he is fully transformed!Probably when he body slammed Croc he was using inertia,,,,

I dont remember anywhere saying that jozu cannot move after he transforms fully.

And since Marco has seastone cuffs on, his df ability is no longer effective.

about this chapter, awesome. Didnt expect wb to be impaled by so many marines. Wonder what he is going to do next and who is going to go after Luffy. Garp is still the wild card as well as the person behind the opening of the gates.

ps. merry christmas everyone

timzzzzz
December 25, 2009, 02:04 AM
sooo..... did jozu lose his arms? because it looks like his arms came off.

msg
December 25, 2009, 02:19 AM
i've got a feeling Jos DF will be a logia..if he's a paramecia he'll be in big trouble..look at him! he just lost an arm from that ice crack..lol

jiminy
December 25, 2009, 02:27 AM
i think that jozu did lose an arm, and he is paramecia

Not sure how he lost his arm though, it looked like a clean cut, like something that DoFlamingo would do. Im guessing when he fell, but then that would have made his other arm crack rather than the one that was up in the air.

They are casualties of the war, Im thinking that Whitebeard pirates will be no more. They will go their separate ways and have either Ace as their leader (if/when he is saved) or disband into their own crews. This basically is introducing the New Era, where the old going out of the picture.

llamapie
December 25, 2009, 02:31 AM
Since people didn't understand the Coby/Luffy thing, I decided to join and explain it. As a man following his dream, and another man following his dream, Coby had to try and stop him, and Luffy had to take care of him. If Luffy would have run past him and avoided him, it would be like a slap in the face. Only if they're both trying their damndest for their dreams can they be satisfied.

The whole foaming from the mouth after luffy pwned him as well. It looked luffy had haki in his fist.

kkck
December 25, 2009, 03:44 AM
He was probally on level 5 because they didn't have a reason to put him on level 6 (after all Bon said that he was arrested with no reason behind it) However iva himself really hasn't been doing much fighting. He's mostly been staying behind luffy the entire arc making sure Dragon's kid remains unharmed which is why he probally hasn't been injured.

I loved this chapter though best moments were Coby getting owned (I was waiting for someone to take the brat out ;bash)

And the pure look of HollySh*% on Sengoku's face. I love the way he just looks like he could crap himself at any moment. I couldn't stop laughting at him :gigglebunny
Ivankov wasn't arrested for no reason, he was arrested because he was a leader in the revolutionary army. In many ways a crime much worse than being a pirate. He also hasn't fought much in the war but IMHO his strength is quite evident even with the few attacks he has done so far. He is so far mostly uninjured in such a war, and he landed some powerful hits on kuma. I mean, kuma couldn't even teleport or repel those attacks like he normally does, he just took a barrage of winks and a kick which sent him flying no problem. Sanji almost broke his leg with a single kick and zoro's iron cutting technique barely budged the guy. That's how powerful ivankov's attack was. And yet, he was this capable and still a level 5 prisoner. He even claimed kuma used to fear him, that is quite a big claim IMHO.

craziii
December 25, 2009, 04:01 AM
when WB had that heart thing, both marco and jozu got pwned by that distraction. jozu did not get overpowered by anyone. from the looks of it in this chap, jozu lost his arm :((( and marco go pwned by 2 lasers in the stomach in human form. 3 weeks for the next chapter is too long.

from the looks of it, seems WB will definately die in this story arc. he has to die for there to be an opening for the new pirates like luffy.

merry christmas fellow fans.

Rotten The Wizard
December 25, 2009, 05:12 AM
LMFAO@ AOKIJI

I think its pretty much confirmed now that Only the king's haki is able to knock out people. Aokiji looked pretty surprised/serious

Also, it seems like luffy actually used it consciously "now, im coming to rescue you". No surprised face or anything

Joz and marco are out for the count so its very plausible that luffy will go around Hammering people down with haki imbued jet pistols <----- Imagine how Powerful one of those would be

Dim
December 25, 2009, 05:20 AM
OMG i didint realise we were getting a chapter! what an awsome christmas present form ODA lol

joz' arm being damaged is plausible- diamonds are the hardest substance in the world- but dont do to well to hard hits like dropping etc (who knows in the one piece world)
LUFFFFFFFFFY haki- thats right stupid akoji HIM-
Coby has taken a huge step forward- but i think coby is going to turn into something similar to kizaru (seriously put his ambitions ahead of freindship- without a vaid reason) lil scum bag- hope luffys put him in a coma! he should remember who gave him that courage in teh first place... anyways luffy brought him down to earth!

NOW for 570! the escape plan seems so far away atm... im still putting my bet on rayliegh comming with a coated sunny and escaping with all the strawhats and jimbei- coz he saw what happend on the SA on tv- and the Sh's obv found him the viva cards...

i rekon marco can get out of those cuffs- rayleigh showed us the unusual way of haki- marco isnt second division right hand man for no reason!
Joz im not sure about-
hope luffy learns a bit more about HAKI i dont expect him to master it- but at least for him once to show us how it improves his moves techniques etc
[hr]
OHHH YEHHH every King needs there QUEEN (boa) it seems more and mroe one day in teh future that them two will hook up- luffy doesnt forget the favors and help ppl give him!

Mr.Popo
December 25, 2009, 05:34 AM
Well Coby is a friend and Ace is a brother.
No. In times like these Coby is an enemy! Both of them agreed about this and act accordingly.

I'm glad Oda choose the "right" way for Luffy and his haki blast.
Not what all the fans wished for: mass exodus of marines and an admiral being kicked around by Luffy.
His haki did nothing but nock out the executioners (weak) and Jango (that he is still alive on this battle field is beyond me).
A great feat, but not the atomic bomb that people wished for.

msg
December 25, 2009, 06:17 AM
What is interesting is that the division commanders is facing backwards from WB while WB himself is facing the platform.It makes sense strategy wise.The division commander is watching WB back while WB slowly and painfully moving forward head on.Too bad the division commanders falls one by one.I wonder how jimbei's been doing since we saw him behind WB with the DCs.I guess all marines big guns are concentrating on their attacks on WB

I think it's good that wb did that.It will create a distraction and give luffy an oppurtunity to rescue Ace.

Black Lagoon
December 25, 2009, 06:29 AM
sooo..... did jozu lose his arms? because it looks like his arms came off.

That arm was already in diamond ... so it can not be broken that easy ^_^

vashdestampede
December 25, 2009, 06:41 AM
If marco (or someone else) cuts off his hand, thus releasing himself from the handcuffs, does that mean he can regenerate it back in his phoenix form or does he still lose it? I'm guessing even if he loses it forever, he'd choose that to help whitebeard out

Black Lagoon
December 25, 2009, 06:57 AM
If marco (or someone else) cuts off his hand, thus releasing himself from the handcuffs, does that mean he can regenerate it back in his phoenix form or does he still lose it? I'm guessing even if he loses it forever, he'd choose that to help whitebeard out

According to Greek Mythology, the phoenix can regenerate parts of its body when wounded, further continuing the properties of regeneration and rebirth. So he can do it :)

chitgoks
December 25, 2009, 07:44 AM
man, this was the shortest chapter ever ... way shorter than the normal

can't believe WB let himself get stabbed by grunt marines. even with the injured he had, those grunt marines shouldn't be that fast for him not to be able to avoid it. seems like he really wanted them to inflict damage on him more.

Yans86
December 25, 2009, 08:05 AM
I dont remember anywhere saying that jozu cannot move after he transforms fully.

It's not necessary to have it said everywhere to notice something like that.Oda can't explain every single DF power we have seen in this war just like that....but till now we didn't see Jozu run with his full body transformed...

caleshious
December 25, 2009, 09:00 AM
I can't imagine it will be much longer before someone from the higher ranks of the marines notices boa has basically gone rogue (she's now jumped in front of Luffy to protect him from Smoker and Kuma).
If her Shichibukai status is removed on those grounds, i can't see her being far from Luffys side for the rest of the manga.

P.S. When i come to thing of it, i can't really remember too many instances where any of the other Strawhats have put themselves between Luffy and his enemy to protect him (except for zoro on a few occasions). Even if Luffy is immature and doesn't notice boa's rather obvious affection for him, i don't think Luffys the kind of person to take her actions in this war lightly.

{apologies if i have kinda slanted off topic, was just on my mind, merry x-mas everyone}

urlaub
December 25, 2009, 09:03 AM
Prediction: Jozu will rise. Luffy will defeat 2 VAs. Then face an admiral, this fight is obviously interrupted by somone.

The most amazing thing in a while happened in this chapter. Luffy uses haki punches. Would be good if after the war he started to use them with names like: haki jet bullet and just jet bullet. Maybe jet-haki-bullet.

Does anyone think that Luffy will use as an end-move in this war some 2nd and 3rd gear move infected with haki? MM, yeah, probably not, probably he needs to stand after the attack to save ace.

Rotten The Wizard
December 25, 2009, 10:42 AM
Joz will NOT be getting up again. His right arm is fully off and even if by some miracle he gets thawed, he will be useless

Marco, is screwed

Coby, It looks like Luffy's punch was haki imbued. Hint Coby's white out eyes and foaming mouth <--- symptoms of victims of Kings Haki

msg
December 25, 2009, 01:01 PM
like i said if Jozu is a paramecia, he'll be in big trouble losing an arm like that and will lose massive amount of blood if he's thawed out.If he was a logia he could just survive and grow an arm. Now the problem is Oda has not given us a clue or stated wheter he is a paremecia or a logia..We just don't know.It doesn't mean that when he turn half of his body into diamond, he's a paramecia..so in likelyhood if Oda want jozu to survive this ordeal and rise again full during this war, he have to make him a logia.The diamond will just crack off the ice... then again if oda wants him to be a paramecia, he could fight again but with a loss of an arm and with a serious injury...just stated the possibilities.I think it makes more sense if Oda make him a logia in order for him to fight again.

looking at the picture again, jozu was turned into an ice when he was in the human form and not in a semi diamond form.That's because he was distracted and Aokiji use this opportunity to freeze him quickly..so tough luck Jozu

As for coby foaming after he's being punch by Luffy is haki imbued, i disagree, it could be just be a normal punch...The reason: its ambigous.Blame Oda for that lol.For me not everything is haki..cuz it will cheapen the storyline and the character imo.When i see a panel that is ambigous, whether this character could be using haki or not, i'll just say this character is not using it and it should have a simple explaination for that.For example like Luffy retracting his jet bazooka last minute at Mihawk..it's ambigous so i will just simply say it's not haki, just a split second cautionary fore-thought.Feel free to disagree:amuse

Looking again at Whitebeard , he is awesome, willing to sacrifice his massive body to move foward

kkck
December 25, 2009, 01:48 PM
like i said if Jozu is a paramecia, he'll be in big trouble losing an arm like that and will lose massive amount of blood if he's thawed out.If he was a logia he could just survive and grow an arm. Now the problem is Oda has not given us a clue or stated wheter he is a paremecia or a logia..We just don't know.It doesn't mean that when he turn half of his body into diamond, he's a paramecia..so in likelyhood if Oda want jozu to survive this ordeal and rise again full during this war, he have to make him a logia.The diamond will just crack off the ice... then again if oda wants him to be a paramecia, he could fight again but with a loss of an arm and with a serious injury...just stated the possibilities.I think it makes more sense if Oda make him a logia in order for him to fight again.

looking at the picture again, jozu was turned into an ice when he was in the human form and not in a semi diamond form.That's because he was distracted and Aokiji use this opportunity to freeze him quickly..so tough luck Jozu

As for coby foaming after he's being punch by Luffy is haki imbued, i disagree, it could be just be a normal punch...The reason: its ambigous.Blame Oda for that lol.For me not everything is haki..cuz it will cheapen the storyline and the character imo.When i see a panel that is ambigous, whether this character could be using haki or not, i'll just say this character is not using it and it should have a simple explaination for that.For example like Luffy retracting his jet bazooka last minute at Mihawk..it's ambigous so i will just simply say it's not haki, just a split second cautionary fore-thought.Feel free to disagree:amuse

Looking again at Whitebeard , he is awesome, willing to sacrifice his massive body to move foward

Logia's have two characteristics which sets them appart from paramecia:

1.- Intangibility. Nothing we have seen indicates jozu has such a thing. It seems more like the opposite at this point.

2.- Ability to create more of his element. We haven't seen jozu creating any amount of diamonds at all. At most he has transformed a part of his body.

Considering we have yet to see any of those, odds are jozu is a paramecia. Him being a logia has absurdly low odds.

I get the feeling jozu and marco fought the wrong enemies lol. Jozu should have fought kizaru and marco should have fought aokiji. Jozu could use his diamond form to refract kizaru's light and marco could have melted aokiji.

mateltoy
December 25, 2009, 01:54 PM
I dare to say im almost 100% sure whats going to happen from here.

Rayleigh will infact come in the thousand sunny; If he comes with the Strawhats (atleast some of them) or none i dont know. Kuma did infact tell rayleigh what was to come, and Rayleigh said it before, people tought the old Gol D Roger crew was gone, but thats not true, they just spread around the world. If Ralyeigh got in touch with the old Roger crew, then he comes with them to save their beloved's captain son.

They've said it before, even the strongest captains are nothing without a strong crew, and you can see that when looking at how strong atleast zoro is (comparable to luffy).

Rayleigh will come, with a good plan or good weaponry, and turn the page for the pirates allowing them to save Ace.

We all know Whitebeard is gonna die, the thing here is, whos gonna give him the last blow?

I think blackbeard will.

Mixu
December 25, 2009, 02:00 PM
Quite interesting chapter indeed. Gotta love Sengokus facial expression, it shows perfectly how surprised he is.

I was hoping to see more battle between Division Commanders and Admirals, but i guess those fights are over for now.

Marco should be okay as soon as someone releases him from those kairoseki hand-cuffs, but as for Jozu it seems really bad, because i don't think his devil's fruit is logia type, it seems more like paramecia to me, but we won't know for sure before he is unfrozen.

It looks more and more like Whitebeard is going to die soon, too bad i really wanted see him fight at near full-power. ;<

jamjamstyle
December 25, 2009, 02:02 PM
Jozu definitely lost that arm for good when it broke into 2 pieces. Also i'm pretty sure he's a paramecia type like Luffy. Diamond is not a element which it's molecules can scatter and join instantly like fire or light, therefore he's not a logia type.

About Marco i'm not sure, i'd say he got hit 4 times because the first 2 shots hit him when he was solid. Also he was bleeding when he first got shot, thus making him now having 4 holes in body where he's bleeding from after he got handcuffed with the seastone. Btw, why doesn't marco have the ability to shoot blue fire or something like kizaru's beams? Is his main ability only regenerating and kicking with haki?

As i see it now, both commanders are goners, the only capable one in Whitebeards crew to lead the pirates in the new era is Ace who at least has the ability to succesfully attack and lead a crew. WB is betting everything on Ace as his succesor, Ace is to Whitebeard what Luffy is to Shanks. His bet on the next generation.

Touchdown
December 25, 2009, 02:19 PM
There is still Squad left, he was strong. At least Whitebeard chose him to lead the attack at the beginning, so he must have trusted him and knew he was strong. Speaking of which, where is he(Squad)?