PDA

View Full Version : Favorites Your favorite admiral?

OunknownO
December 20, 2009, 12:12 PM
As the title said, what is your favorite one... Mine is Kizaru, he just too cool(supernova pwnage), dark king and marco....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0hULBd9GYI

Which one is your favorite?

ScratchmenApoo
December 20, 2009, 02:58 PM
Definitely Akainu.
Not only does he have immense experience and maturity, his magma-logia is a very strong ability. His intense look can frighten almost anyone.
His colour-scheme (red/black) is very good to watch.
Even though Kizaru's ability is the best out of three, he lacks the professionalism Akainu has.

Finale
December 20, 2009, 05:43 PM
We cant get Sengoku from back in the day? I grew to like him more from chapter 0. But of the current ones listed ill go Ao kiji for his laid back attitude. Kizaru has been picking on Luffy too much for me this arc, and Akainu I dont care much for.

Zatono
December 20, 2009, 06:18 PM
Akainu, because he gets his job done. No matter what the method, his goal has been to stop/kill WB, and he's sticking to it.

Poneglyph420
December 20, 2009, 08:22 PM
I voted Aokiji , not just based on his power but also his character. I'm a big fan of his concept of "Lazy Justice" and sense of honor.
He also proved his honor at long ring island. Not only does he have a noble character but he has shown the vast power of his DF and his overall power.

Where the other two are super powerful, they leave something to be desired with their grim heartless approach to Justice.
Plus he's had the most interaction with the SH and seems to be respectful of Garp.

I guess you've noticed I like Aokiji....

Franckie
December 21, 2009, 01:20 AM
Akainu > Kizaru > Aokiji.

bittman
December 21, 2009, 07:48 AM
I have a soft spot for Aokoji, and out of the three admirals he is the one most likely to fight the Strawhats in the future. Honestly speaking, the admirals are all about the same level, so I doubt we'll see Luffy and co fight any more than one, others will be in other big battles, but not vs Luffy.

But I digress there, Aokoji has been a long time favourite of mine, even though it appears he is most likely the "weaker" in regards to devil fruit, I enjoy the laid back personality.

That said, Akainu is fast growing on me because he is such a prick. A good bad guy goes a long way in my book.

...don't care at all about Kizaru. Makes me laugh with his facial expressions, but doesn't really do anything interesting for me as the "playful" admiral. I expect if we ever learn more about him I might have some feeling for him, but as he stands he's just pikapika(chu) in a suit.

OunknownO
December 21, 2009, 12:57 PM
I wonder... some says aokoji and someone says aokiji... what is it in the end?

THE KING
December 21, 2009, 01:14 PM
I wonder... some says aokoji and someone says aokiji... what is it in the end?
青雉
青 - AO - Blue
雉 - KIJI - Pheasant

So it's Ao Kiji

winterwyrm
December 21, 2009, 01:54 PM
my vote goes to ao kiji, though he seems like the weakest to me, his personality and concept of lazy justice are very interesting to me.

If he became fleet admiral, he would probably preserve the seas with their abundant wonders, but akainu would try to neutralize them as much as possible, trying to make the world boring by destroying everything he percieves even remotely as a threat.

bittman
December 22, 2009, 01:46 AM
青雉
青 - AO - Blue
雉 - KIJI - Pheasant

So it's Ao Kiji

Isn't it then also Aka Inu (Red Dog) and Ki zaru (Yellow Monkey)?

I think Oda melded the words together to make the names. But if it really is "Ao Koji", then its definitely also "Aka Inu" and "Ki Zaru".

RichardMNixon
December 22, 2009, 02:31 AM
Gotta go for Kizaru. There's something really menacing about him that's hard to place, maybe mob boss like. It's like he's fine just talking to you because he knows there's nothing you can do about him and nowhere you can run.

The anime scene where the goons ran down the alley and bumped into him again was perfect. The kick to Hawkins and just smiling while he blows up half the town were great too.

I love both the other admirals, but Kizaru wins on badassery.

THE KING
December 22, 2009, 03:01 AM
Aokiji he is the only one out of the 3 who is shown helping the strawhats. I like good guys even though he could turn out to be evil but at this point he seems good and thus my favourite. I'm not thinking strongest here, just favourite. Strongest would be Akainu cause he is the one pitting against Whitebeard and he was last introduced(introduced later=stronger).

I think Oda melded the words together to make the names. But if it really is "Ao Koji", then its definitely also "Aka Inu" and "Ki Zaru".
We don't know the 3 admirals' full names. Just Kuzan, Borsalino and Sakazuki.

So IMO aokiji, kizaru, akainu could either be their nicknames or surname/first name.

RichardMNixon
December 22, 2009, 03:06 AM
Aokiji he is the only one out of the 3 who is shown helping the strawhats. I like good guys even though he could turn out to be evil but at this point he seems good and thus my favourite. I'm not thinking strongest here, just favourite. Strongest would be Akainu cause he is the one pitting against Whitebeard and he was last introduced(introduced later=stronger).

We don't know the 3 admirals' full names. Just Kuzan, Borsalino and Sakazuki.

So IMO aokiji, kizaru, akainu could either be their nicknames or surname/first name.

http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/507/15/

Says here Borsalino is his "real name" suggesting to me the color-animals are just like codenames. I can't find any pattern in who gets full names and who doesn't. Roronoa Zoro, Nico Robin, Cutty Flam vs. Nami, Brook, Sanji, Usopp.
Edward Newgate vs. Shanks
Bartholomew Kuma, Donquixote Doflamingo, Gecko Moria, Boa Hancock vs. Jimbei, Crocodile, Mihawk.

goldb
December 22, 2009, 10:06 AM
I'd go with Aokiji since his "Arararara" still makes me laugh, But Akainu is growing on me. His professionalism and power is crazy. He must be Marine HQ number 1 hitman, he has this presence that the other admirals don't have. Whilst the other two seem to have moments of seriousness, he's always got his game-face on.

beastboy
December 22, 2009, 11:32 AM
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/507/15/

Says here Borsalino is his "real name" suggesting to me the color-animals are just like codenames. I can't find any pattern in who gets full names and who doesn't. Roronoa Zoro, Nico Robin, Cutty Flam vs. Nami, Brook, Sanji, Usopp.
Edward Newgate vs. Shanks
Bartholomew Kuma, Donquixote Doflamingo, Gecko Moria, Boa Hancock vs. Jimbei, Crocodile, Mihawk.

Mihawk does have a surname..
Its "Juraquille" (Or Dracula)..

My favourite one is Ao Kiji (I like to separate the names.. afterall japanes doesn't even has spaces LoL.. so we have some freedom in that aspect) just cause of his lazyness.. and he is funny, but strong..
Its like love at 1st sight... he is my julliet and I'm Romeo (not)!

Jiggy-Ninja
December 22, 2009, 10:01 PM
The reason that Aokoji is probably typed is that I and O are right next to each other on the keyboard, and your finger is probably already over the O from "Ao", and it isn't moved over far enough to hit the first I in "Kiji".

In other words, a typo.

One thing I would like to mention here.

The names of the three admirals are not "Aokiji", "Kizaru", or "Akainu". Their names are 青雉, 黄猿, and 赤犬.

If you are one of the people that doesn't have a clue about Japanese (which accounts for most manga fans), those little chicken scratch symbols mean nothing to you (and indeed, the only one I can recognize without assistance is 犬).

Rather than use the meaning of the names (Blue Pheasant, Yellow Monkey, Red Dog), most translators use romaji.

Romaji is not related to Japanese in any way. It's only use is to approximate the pronunciation of Japanese words using the Latin alphabet, and it does this with decent (though far from perfect) success.

When large amounts of Kanji are smushed together to make a huge compound word, the translator to romaji often adds spaces in between certain spots to break it up into easier to understand and pronounce chunks.

Take, for example, 黒縄天譴明王. It's one big compound name, so without space breaks it would be romanized as Kokujoutengenmyouou. Bleach fans might not even realize at first glance that I just named Komamura's Bankai. Unless you're German, most people have a really hard time pronouncing and understanding a word that big, so spaces are added to break it up and make it Kokujou Tengen Myou'ou, which is much easier on the eyes to read.

So, when asking whether "Aka Inu" or "Akainu" is correct, they both technically are.

Japanese doesn't have any spaces at all. Ever. The spaces are added in the translation to help understand and pronounce the word better.

Gecko Moria
December 23, 2009, 05:11 AM
Aokiji:
1. He is a supporter of moral justice as opposed to absolute justice
2. Best Devil Fruit power in my opinion (bike across the ocean :XD)
3. Calm and honorable personality

leapyear29
December 23, 2009, 05:17 AM
hmm.. this is a hard one I like all Admirals & some vice admirals, but if I had to choose it would be KIZARU~!

madmotoristmonk
December 23, 2009, 01:22 PM
akainu, homeboy is about his buisness. after the overall laziness of aokiji and the (albiet scary) goofiness of kizaru its kinda awesome to see such a major contrast. i like to credit akainu with having a greater motivation than just being the marines "red dog" (although im sure oda will give him some more depth later)

he's totally committed, he doesn't waver in his goals, and i'm sure he's harder on himself than anyone we've seen him deal with.

Poneglyph420
December 23, 2009, 01:44 PM
The names for the Admirals come from Momotaro, a old skool Japanese folk tale. It's a clever way to add some culture to Oda's work, and even Japanese friends of mine hadn't noticed... (Off topic Sentoumaru is based on another myth story Kintaro)

It's really cool that they all have different and interesting personalities.
Seems like there's something for everyone.

You guys are awesome, but seriously AOKIJI.. It's not that hard to spell..

luffy_boy
December 23, 2009, 03:04 PM
Aokiji:
1. He is a supporter of moral justice as opposed to absolute justice
2. Best Devil Fruit power in my opinion (bike across the ocean :XD)
3. Calm and honorable personality

Is`nt moral Justice the thing Kizaru represents? Because what i remember was that aokjiji represents lazy justice which is indeed the oppositie of absolute justice...

My favourite is offcourse Kizaru... who could hate his Mush Mush

Poneglyph420
December 23, 2009, 04:53 PM
Is`nt moral Justice the thing Kizaru represents? Because what i remember was that aokjiji represents lazy justice which is indeed the oppositie of absolute justice...

My favourite is offcourse Kizaru... who could hate his Mush Mush

For sure Kizaru is more ruthless then I'd expect from a follower of Moral Justice (Smoker, Garp, Maybe Coby?..) So I'd place him in the Absolute justice camp..

And who could hate him??? Me. Of all the characters in the War, I'd want him to die more than anyone (won't happen however..) He's not even concerned if Sentoumaru and the PX crew take out Marines...
He's more of a scumbag than Akainu in my book...

luffy_boy
December 23, 2009, 06:26 PM
For sure Kizaru is more ruthless then I'd expect from a follower of Moral Justice (Smoker, Garp, Maybe Coby?..) So I'd place him in the Absolute justice camp..

And who could hate him??? Me. Of all the characters in the War, I'd want him to die more than anyone (won't happen however..) He's not even concerned if Sentoumaru and the PX crew take out Marines...

1. Absolute in my opinion means everything is allowed for the cause. (Akainu killing marines just because they are running away from battle)
2. Why should kizaru care about Sentoumaru it is his nephew not one of his subordinates you could say they are colleagues.
3. Then explain to me the big difference between smoker and kizaru? If smoker would have seen the supernova`s at Sabaody Archipelago he would also have tried to catch/stop them, also Garp would have done that.

Jiggy-Ninja
December 23, 2009, 06:39 PM

Akainu blew up a civilian evacuation ship during the Ohara Buster Call. That's far, far worse than anything that Kizaru has done in my book.

The Marines signed up on their own free will. Or, at the very least, we've seen no evidence that the World Government has anything like a draft yet. Supposedly, they knew what they were getting into, and what it meant to fight in the name of Absolute Justice.

While I certainly don't agree with the way Kizaru acts, he's not just pummeling random citizens. He's sacrificing people that made a choice to enter an organization that they knew might use them in that way.

1. Absolute in my opinion means everything is allowed for the cause. (Akainu killing marines just because they are running away from battle)
2. Why should kizaru care about Sentoumaru it is his nephew not one of his subordinates you could say they are colleagues.
3. Then explain to me the big difference between smoker and kizaru? If smoker would have seen the supernova`s at Sabaody Archipelago he would also have tried to catch/stop them, also Garp would have done that.
Sentoumaru isn't literally Kizaru's nephew. They are just close.

There's a man that my family calls Uncle Pat (and his wife Aunt Linda), and he's not related to us at all. He's just a close friend of my mom.

Poneglyph420
December 23, 2009, 07:45 PM

Ok first off Akainu IMO is by far the most immoral Admiral, but Kizaru is a scumbag. It's more about his demeanor and attitude towards others, seeing everyone against him as trash... Kizaru under your definition would also be a member of the Absolute Justice camp (authorizing Sentoumaru to kill Marines if needed). Sure if Smoker or Garp were sent to take out the SN they would of captured them, however because it was for the safety of the residents of SA not because the tenryuubito said so...

Akainu reminds me of an Army General while Kizaru is more like a Yakuza Boss.

ikuroi
December 23, 2009, 10:30 PM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3577/3389907633_4a7964508b_o.jpg
To be modelled after Matsuda Yusaku is enough to win

Black Lagoon
December 24, 2009, 06:09 PM
Definitely Aokiji ... the others are just some old f**king geezers -_-;
Aokiji looks to be the kind of guy that sometimes ... sometimes ... perhaps he could do/act as if he hasn't seen anything (Robin ...).
Sometimes he shows that he cares for others not like Akainu or Kizaru (Calm and honorable)

RichardMNixon
December 24, 2009, 07:11 PM

Agreed. Akainu deliberately takes lives as a matter of policy, Aokiji tries not too, and Kizaru doesn't care either way. I think amoral would be a better word for him than immoral.

Unless you're German, most people have a really hard time pronouncing and understanding a word that big

QFT. I was always a fan of Tageslichtprojektor.

vagabond87
December 27, 2009, 02:57 PM
Kizaru.. He is perfect for fighting Luffy in future. I hope that after the War he will be nemesis for strawhats. Zoro and Luffy were almost killed by him.. He have one of the greatest power in one piece, he knows that and he is ruthless. Akainu is pure evil, Akoiji is to "good" and thats why Kizaru is my favourite scumbag Admiral ;)

mr.danly
December 27, 2009, 03:26 PM
definitely aokiji. He's the least evil out of the three, kizaru is just absolutely hideous, and akainu is too ruthless.

hdiuy
December 27, 2009, 07:41 PM
Aokiji. This poll is kinda hard. Here's my opinion on the Admirals.

Aokiji:
He's the earliest to be revealed and i totally like his DF's ability. And he's the best looking among the 3 LMAO.

Kizaru:
Funny face.I like his DF's ability and powers as well. But i kinda don't like that his light speed abilities got nerfed in OP's world lol.

Akainu:
At first i didn't like his face,but now i find that it totally suits his character. Like the other admirals i like his abilities and powers

But since Aokiji is the one that is revealed the earliest and that he has more screen time to develop his character, its Aokiji.

czarsrw1989
December 30, 2009, 12:23 AM
Aokiji all the way, he showed up first and I always like cool laid back characters and people with ice powers.

Kizaru is starting to grow on me because he's funny and a little ruthless.

Akainu is truly ruthless and he takes it too far sometimes in the name of "Justice".

Pride~
December 30, 2009, 10:50 AM
Aokiji is my favorite admiral. I like his lazy and laid back attitude.

I like Kizaru as well because he often acts stupid and funny.

I dislike Akainu because I don´t like "Absolute Justice". He´s to cruel in my opinion.

ikuroi
January 01, 2010, 02:51 AM
Funny because Oda is modelling Akainu after a Yakuza member. So far the most Yakuza:ish is def Akainu.

RichardMNixon
January 02, 2010, 12:06 AM
Funny because Oda is modelling Akainu after a Yakuza member. So far the most Yakuza:ish is def Akainu.

They're all based on Japanese actors, though Akainu's actor did portray a lot of Yakuza.

I see more mob boss in Kizaru though because Akainu directly threatens people with force while Kizaru just has that swagger and cock of the head like he doesn't have to threaten you: you know you're only alive because he wants you to be. He's going to make you an offer you can't refuse.

ikuroi
January 02, 2010, 04:39 AM
They're all based on Japanese actors, though Akainu's actor did portray a lot of Yakuza.

I see more mob boss in Kizaru though because Akainu directly threatens people with force while Kizaru just has that swagger and cock of the head like he doesn't have to threaten you: you know you're only alive because he wants you to be. He's going to make you an offer you can't refuse.

Well the role Sugawara Bunta has in most movies (or at least the most famous one), is a yakuza member, so yes the model he potrayed Akainu after is Sugawara when he is playing a yakuza member... hence a yakuza member.

I don't know, what's so yakuza about Kizaru... or Akainu. I just now that Akainu is supposed to be more like a yakuza. He even has the ink to proove it, classic sign.

I'm not tryin' to change anyone's mind here, just pointing out what imo Oda is trying to do.

Hurricane Roda
January 02, 2010, 02:38 PM
From what I can see the Admirals are very different, Aokiji is like a detective, Kizaru is like a mob boss and Akainu is Yakuza..Seriously I voted for Akainu, because unlike Kizaru when he's killing someone he doesn't show the perversity that Kizaru does, because Kizaru made fun of Luffy I started hating him, for me Akainu is the perfect leader, does everything by the book, in history many leaders killed subordinates for leaving the field or they were ruthless, but Kizaru with that grin is just too creepy, I hope someone kills him in this war...