PDA

View Full Version : Shounen Arago by Arai Takahiro

~†Ale†~
December 21, 2009, 01:38 PM
Hijacking the thread for info

http://static.mangahelpers.com/manga-covers/4312.png

AR∀GO by Arai Takahiro (http://mangahelpers.com/m/arago)
Use this link to search for raws, translations and scanlations easily!
Series begins in WSS 2009 #04-05 (release date 23 december 2009)

About the series:
Twin brother's Arago and Ewan were left orphaned at a young age when their parents were slaughtered by a cruel murderer. The younger brother Arago who burns for revenge, and the older brother Ewan who became a police officer cross paths once again. The bowery district of London will once again be stained with blood....!! ka-POW. by lucifell

About the Author:
Mangaka of Darren Shan, his previous work in Weekly Shounen Sunday

<hr noshade size="1">

A new Manga of Shonen Sunday!

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa197/esker08/thumbnails/th_Scan_001.jpg (http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa197/esker08/thumbnails/Scan_001.jpg)http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa197/esker08/thumbnails/th_Scan_002.jpg (http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa197/esker08/thumbnails/Scan_002.jpg)http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa197/esker08/thumbnails/th_Scan_003.jpg (http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa197/esker08/thumbnails/Scan_003.jpg)http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa197/esker08/thumbnails/th_Scan_005.jpg (http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa197/esker08/thumbnails/Scan_005.jpg)

I posted the RAW of the first chapter.
The manga looks very promising and interesting.
In my opinion, it could become a wonderful Manga! XD

I hope it will translate^^

[RTS] (http://mangahelpers.com/m/arago)

Drmke
December 21, 2009, 02:11 PM
It looks good. I can't wait till its translated so I can see if it lives up to my hopes :tem

~†Ale†~
December 23, 2009, 02:23 AM
It looks good. I can't wait till its translated so I can see if it lives up to my hopes :tem

Me, too!
I want to do an italian version, so I need a translation. XD

Drmke
December 25, 2009, 12:53 AM
Chapter 1 is out by Simple Scans http://mangahelpers.com/s/simple-scans/details/67487

Hurry go download it!!!
[hr]
Pretty good series. First chapter definitely moved very fast.

I'm wondering if Patchman will come back. He seems like a major villain and not just some first chapter bad guy. Plus, they never explain his power :blink

Looking forward to chapter 2 :tem

Kaiten
December 25, 2009, 02:52 AM
Chapter 1 was pretty good. There is potential. Patchman is a worthwhile villain, assuming he returns. Arago is a solid shonen hero. Definitely more adult than the average weekly shonen series. The art was good, the plot was solid. I will definitely continue reading.

Akiyama
December 25, 2009, 07:37 AM
Very action packed, fast paced 1st chapter. I would have liked to see more personality from the two brothers. They seem to be the boring type, nothing really special. Patchman on the other hand is a good villain in my eyes. Gives off that creepiness vibe and I want to see how deformed his body is. I would describe Arago between a mix of Chad from Bleach and Natsu from Fairy Tail. I want to know more about him. I enjoyed the ending, I will continue reading in hopes it gets better.

Koen
December 25, 2009, 10:19 AM
Same over here, it's the manga that started pretty good and which asks for more. I, on the contrary, hope that patchman is gone for good. I believe he was that hurdle to set up an adventure for Arago. His hand seems to have an enormous power that can suck up energy or something else (going by the last scene with the flower).

I am not keen on the art but that happens a lot. I mostly adapt to it and start to appreciate it later on

I look foward to more

Kaiten
December 25, 2009, 03:33 PM
The only thing I don't like about the art is how he draws hair. Reminds me to much of Getbackers :p
My fear is that if there is no Patchman, no ultimate villain, this could become Conan with magic powers - a never ending loop of episodic, short arc mysteries. An over reaching story - Arago seeking revenge, Patchman seeking a new body - would give the series a nice framework. Not that I am bound to Patchman, just something that keeps this from being a mystery of the week type series. If there is no main villain, One Piece style long arcs would work well too.

Koen
December 25, 2009, 04:04 PM
The only thing I don't like about the art is how he draws hair. Reminds me to much of Getbackers :p
My fear is that if there is no Patchman, no ultimate villain, this could become Conan with magic powers - a never ending loop of episodic, short arc mysteries. An over reaching story - Arago seeking revenge, Patchman seeking a new body - would give the series a nice framework. Not that I am bound to Patchman, just something that keeps this from being a mystery of the week type series. If there is no main villain, One Piece style long arcs would work well too.

Well overthinking the whole thing, I have to agree with you

Patchman prolly has his reasons to hunt down arago and some things about him weren't explained. Yeah, you're probably right, maybe he'll show up later on because he has his issues with arago for some reason.

I hope we'll get some explanation later on about arago's power/arm. I'd like to know more about it.

Kaiten
December 25, 2009, 04:09 PM
It doesn't have to be Patchman, he's just the most obvious, but anything to give the story more coherence than "policeman with super powers". I happened to have liked the art for Patchman, the main reason I'd like to see him come back. At least for the time being I would not mind if an overarching plot moves to the background so that the focus can be on established Arago's personality and story setting a bit. Considering that Takahiro did not write his first serialization I'm curious how good he is.

~†Ale†~
December 25, 2009, 04:25 PM
Wow! This Manga is WON-DER-FUL!
Fantastic, amazing!!!
I really like the plot, the story and characters.
Arago with the police uniform is too cool! XD Also his power is extraordinary! XD
Congratulations, Arai Takahiro, nice Manga! XD
For the second chapter unfortunately we should wait until 6 January, but that day I will post immediately the RAW. XD

Drmke
December 25, 2009, 05:35 PM
My fear is that if there is no Patchman, no ultimate villain, this could become Conan with magic powers - a never ending loop of episodic, short arc mysteries.

Surely it won't go the way of Conan. Sunday already has one never ending detective manga, they don't need another one -_-;

~†Ale†~
December 28, 2009, 06:21 AM
RAW of chapter 2 is out: Here (http://mangahelpers.com/downloads/details/67889).
I await translation. XD
The break of two weeks there hasn't been, and probably there will not even next week, even though RAW paradise says yes.

Drmke
December 28, 2009, 01:28 PM
Raws for the big shonen magazines seem to be coming out a week early, but that just means that the week break for us comes next week.

Galactic Tomahawk
December 29, 2009, 03:15 AM
Great first chapter, I'm liking the whole Super Police VS Urban Legend angle and I really hope that continues.

Crude
January 03, 2010, 07:54 AM
Great start for a new series! Patchman was definitely creepy...

Drmke
January 06, 2010, 07:22 PM
Chapter 2 is up by Simple Scans. (http://mangahelpers.com/s/simple-scans/details/68795)
[hr]
Very nice chapter. So apparently there are some evil things out there that could be quite powerful. I wonder if any of them rival Patchman's strength? I hope Arago manages to keep his power under control so he doesn't accidentally end up becoming another Patchman, that would terrible on him. But at least he is in the CID, at least for now.

Akiyama
January 07, 2010, 06:35 AM
This chapter was 10 times better than #1. The plot is developing and we have a greater understand of Arago's power. I'm interested in why the girl was able to see the monster. It could be her young age, genes or some type of life experience that changed her. I hope we see more explanation of that rather than random people with the ability to see the paranormal. I am going to be picky with the mangaka. Transitioning from page 21 - 22 you can obviously see the glove disappear since you can see his fingers on both hands. I would normally let this go but his hand is supposed to be covered up since it can hurt people. As an example it gave the girl a burn mark on page 12. The glove reappears but doesn't get shaded in until page 25. The author has been working really hard with 100+ pages so it's understandable he missed a few details. Arago's new ability kinda reminds me of clown belt from DGM, he is almost an exorcist taking the soul out of the girl and everything. xP

Koen
January 07, 2010, 12:15 PM
I agree with you. This chapter had a decent pace and didn't feel rushed as its first chapter. We had at least some information about the souls he can see and he can extract. I wonder which more enemies will come into this story later one because it seems that arago's power is truly something huge they want

Galactic Tomahawk
January 08, 2010, 02:21 PM
I thought it was still a bit rushed in the first half, but still a huge step from the first chapter's pacing (which was the only real issue I had with it).

Great chapter though, again I really like the direction the plot's taking.

~†Ale†~
January 11, 2010, 02:27 PM
I agree with you all.
This series looks very promising! I can't wait to know how it continues!

Chapter 2 was very nice. We discovered the devastating Arago's power.
[hr]
Someone knows if Arago will be present in the seventh issue of Shonen Sunday?
I saw all the RAW except the Arago's. XD

CannedJam
January 14, 2010, 05:13 PM
I love it! Loved it since the RAW for chapter 1 came out. Chapter 2 actually sets things up more than chapter 1. It fills the holes that chapter 1 opening, but opens up a few of its own. Now I'm really liking this series.

Nicasso
January 16, 2010, 12:20 AM
Chapter 3 is up (http://mangahelpers.com/s/trinity-bakuma/details/69705). Grab it while it's hot. :amuse

Drmke
January 16, 2010, 02:23 AM
Totally saw the ending to chapter 3 coming. Still nice chapter. I'm sensing, farther down the line in this series, a relationship developing between Arago and Rio. Could happen at the end of this arc if Arago manages to save her from that ghost bus.

~†Ale†~
January 21, 2010, 01:48 PM
Nice chapter. Well, I can't say more, since it's just at the third chapter. XD
Anyawy, I like the turn that the story is taking^^

Nicasso
January 21, 2010, 05:14 PM
Chapter 4 is up (http://mangahelpers.com/s/trinity-bakuma/details/70486). :)

This arc keeps getting better and better. :tem

Koen
January 21, 2010, 05:20 PM
For a second I was scared that all this would have been easily solved. The relationship Rio and Arago wouldn't have deserved something easy like that. Luckily, this ghost isn't defeated yet and I definitely look forward to his reasons for haunting people

tenebrae
January 21, 2010, 05:40 PM
great chapter. I like where this manga is going so far, and for just four chapters really has me waiting for the next chapter eagerly...

Drmke
January 21, 2010, 05:49 PM
Arago is gonna have to hurry in order for him to save Rio or else that ghost will drag her to hell. I too wanna know why he is haunting people like he has been and for so long.

~†Ale†~
January 22, 2010, 03:33 PM
Great chapter and great Manga! lol
The history between Arago and Rio is going to become very interesting^^
I await chapter five^^

Katsuri
January 26, 2010, 09:36 AM
This one began with what seemed to me as a one shot-ish chapter. But the following chapters proved to be interesting. This manga's going to be something big.

Zyki
January 28, 2010, 07:27 AM
Chapter 5 (http://mangahelpers.com/s/simple-scans/details/71158)

~†Ale†~
January 29, 2010, 02:07 PM
Nice chapter, but...I'm puzzled.
Why is Ewan there?

Akiyama
January 29, 2010, 02:56 PM
i don't think it's the actual Ewan. More like a spirit who can shape shift into someone who is dead. I do find it mysterious that the mangaka decided to only show his left arm. Since his right arm was transplanted to Arago.

~†Ale†~
January 30, 2010, 06:13 AM
i don't think it's the actual Ewan. More like a spirit who can shape shift into someone who is dead. I do find it mysterious that the mangaka decided to only show his left arm. Since his right arm was transplanted to Arago.

You're right!
I didn't noticed it.

Zyki
February 04, 2010, 02:37 PM
chapter 6 is up~~

http://mangahelpers.com/s/simple-scans/details/72004

Newkerzy
February 04, 2010, 11:22 PM
hmm.... at first I didn't really like this manga but, it's slowly getting better.... can't wait for the next chapter.

Chacall
February 10, 2010, 12:10 PM
I'm still in Chapter 5, but also found it strange the appearance of Ewan. Until I got to thinking: "Ewan, now that is dead, has become one of the spirits that will appear in the same way as the others that have appeared so far?"

Ah, yes. Thanks to ~†Ale†~ for bringing us this manga. I follow it and translate it to Brazil. =D

revennge
February 11, 2010, 11:26 AM
Nice pace and plot. Just read Chapter 7. I just can't wait next week :))

~†Ale†~
February 12, 2010, 01:38 AM
Ah, yes. Thanks to ~†Ale†~ for bringing us this manga. I follow it and translate it to Brazil. =D

Your welcome^^
When I saw this Manga, I immediately thought that it would do success. ;)

Anyway, I read chapter 7 (Thanks to Simple Scans) and the history looks very good! I immediately undestood that Ewan wasn't the true Ewan. lol. I can't wait for the next chapter!

Nicasso
February 14, 2010, 07:10 PM
RAW was out early, so here is chapter 8~ (http://mangahelpers.com/s/trinity-bakuma/details/73285)

Arago was badass in this chapter. x3

~†Ale†~
February 16, 2010, 09:14 AM
Nice chapter.
But, the mangaka continues to get in the fray all the characters he created, from Ewan to Patchman.

Koen
February 26, 2010, 03:38 PM
I wondered if I should have continued this manga because it had a very slow pace, imo

but I am glad I read the ninth chapter. We basically get an explanation of what arago can do with his powers and what he can not touch or what he can touch. The current case looks really interesting, it somehow reminded me of sherlock holmes (the latest movie) and that's probably because of the ritual stuff. I definitely look forward to the outcome of this case

Googlez_kun
February 26, 2010, 08:46 PM
Wow,one of the few newcomers that caught my interest immediatly after reading the first chapter which was excellent.The cases are surprisingly interesting and up until now i looked forward to every chapter.

I hope it will keep it up like this^^

Drmke
February 27, 2010, 11:03 AM
Right when I was getting bored with this series an interesting chapter comes out.

I'm wondering if this case will involve an actual demon or will it be normal humans committing the killing? If their is a demon, that teacher guy is looking awfully suspicious.

~†Ale†~
March 07, 2010, 09:16 AM
I agree with you all. Chapter 9 has been the best chapter I've read. Well, these new characters, for me, will be important in the history. What say...I really like the Trio, above all Joe. Waiting for next chapter. It will have a color page!

Koen
March 12, 2010, 03:20 PM
Anyone who read the last chapter, great turn of events

The school director seemed to be a tool used by a new stronger enemy, the student arago saved from a fight. He looks like the (first?) serious opponent arago will have to fight. It looks very cool

~†Ale†~
March 13, 2010, 05:25 PM
Anyone who read the last chapter, great turn of events

I unfortunately not...I didn't know japanese...yet XD
I'm still awaiting for an english version. I saw only the pics, and I think it'll be a superlative chapter!

Nicasso
March 15, 2010, 02:54 PM
Chapter 11 (http://mangahelpers.com/s/trinity-bakuma/details/76639) is finally up, for anyone interested. :amuse

I kind of saw that twist coming.
With Seth having powers.
Although I predicted more he'd be a demon summoned by Eames, after the last chapter. But in this one, we find out that there wasn't any summoning going on at all. Was just an excuse for the murders. So that part of my theory went out the window. :p

But chapter was really good. Especially the end, with the design and revelation. Really looking forward to the next one, since we seem to be getting to learn more about Arago's power~

~†Ale†~
March 16, 2010, 12:33 PM
Woooooow!
This chapter was THE chapter! Does someone of you understand? lol
Anyway, I really liked Seth's power and also the history of "Treasures of Erin".
I can't wait for the secret of the Arago's power. By here, we'll know the way that the history will take.

Googlez_kun
March 16, 2010, 01:27 PM
the twist at the end was very nice,didn't really expect that

Drmke
March 16, 2010, 03:55 PM
Yeah I really enjoyed this chapter too. Its also probably the first chapter to really give us a good idea of where the story is going plot wise. I wanna more about this Erin guy/girl/thing.

daman246
March 16, 2010, 09:39 PM
this manga can get pretty pupolar soon if it keeps going this direction now that we know that there other treasure with owners out there as stronger or stronger than the main character

Koen
March 18, 2010, 03:42 AM
Woooooow!
This chapter was THE chapter! Does someone of you understand? lol
Anyway, I really liked Seth's power and also the history of "Treasures of Erin".
I can't wait for the secret of the Arago's power. By here, we'll know the way that the history will take.

I agree, it's an interesting plot development. I wonder if Seth's power is another part of the Treasures of Erin. What or who's Erin? What was the purpose of his treasures (powers?). It's mysterious but I kinda expect some explanation in this fight.

The manga is finally giving very important elements to what may come

Googlez_kun
March 18, 2010, 09:53 AM
I think it's one of those manga that could get really big,something like Naruto,where we saw Naruto's Kyuubi and wondered what the it was and where it actually came from.Then we met Gaara who seemed to have one to,afterwards everything was explained with all the bijuu and stuff.
The same is going on in ARAGO now,i think.

The first chapters were also really popular,so it might grow very famous.

~†Ale†~
March 18, 2010, 03:30 PM
I agree, it's an interesting plot development. I wonder if Seth's power is another part of the Treasures of Erin. What or who's Erin? What was the purpose of his treasures (powers?). It's mysterious but I kinda expect some explanation in this fight.

The manga is finally giving very important elements to what may come

You're right. Who is Erin? And, when will we know who is he? Now we have more topics whose we can discuss. But, honestly, I think Takahiro won't show us the VERY SECRET of Arago's power. Well, some hints yes because he says this, but, not completely...I'm not sure of this, but...it might be happen. But, as always, only the author will show us the answer.

Akiyama
March 18, 2010, 03:31 PM
I think this manga is blending both the mystery detective stories and typical shonen fights evenly. We start out with new cases and try to gather the evidence as readers and we get a turn of events with Arago dealing with the supernatural.

On to this chapter: Rio comes to save the day! The bullet was a nice touch and favorite panel in this chapter, she might not be strong but she knows how to use her brain. So I'm guessing Seth wanted to separate Arago from the others, maybe he wanted his ability to be kept a secret and he's a good guy testing Arago. Or he's a cray power hungry human wanting more and will fight Arago with every thing he has. It's getting interesting.

~†Ale†~
March 19, 2010, 10:56 AM
On to this chapter: Rio comes to save the day! The bullet was a nice touch and favorite panel in this chapter, she might not be strong but she knows how to use her brain. So I'm guessing Seth wanted to separate Arago from the others, maybe he wanted his ability to be kept a secret and he's a good guy testing Arago. Or he's a cray power hungry human wanting more and will fight Arago with every thing he has. It's getting interesting.

Well, we can understand, after this 11 chapters, that the true brain of the group is Rio. As Akiyama said, she might not be strong, but surely she's intelligent. I'm not agree regarding Seth. Especially if he is a good guy or not. I think he isn't a good guy. I think it, and I hope. Surely, he'll be one of main characters, but...I guess he, indeed, want to possess all treasures of Erin...or...something like this. XD

Koen
March 19, 2010, 07:17 PM
Seth is probably someone who'll turn from evil into good. I believe that arago can convince him. Seth must have lacked something. Why? Somehow the words Arago is using towards him, aren't words said to a deaf man. He sees a good nature in Arago and if Arago can beat Seth then I really think that Seth can be convinced by Arago's good nature

Katsuri
March 22, 2010, 04:30 AM
New chapter's out (http://mangahelpers.com/s/trinity-bakuma/details/77279).

I don't really get it that much since I'm not that into that type of mythology, but it looks like Arago's power is more 'godly' than 'demonic'.

Nicasso
March 22, 2010, 04:46 AM
Regarding the discussion on Rio, I think that sadly her importance was downplayed a lot in the eyes of the readers, by having her get kidnapped not once, but twice in the course of the first 10 chapters. D:
But she is quite cool. Unlike most female mains she can actually fend for herself (She is quite strong too actually. Remember her slapping Arago? And then tackling that criminal when it was first revealed she joined the police?) but also she doesn't agree to every one of the main character's whims. So props to Rio. :tem

Then onto the new chapter. Really liked the art. And as I mentioned last week, I find the design of Demon Seth to be awesome. :amuse
As was mentioned by Katsuri above, Arago's power is more good than evil it seems. Which I found interesting. We already knew it can absorb the life of things it touches, but it wouldn't surprise me if it would work in the opposite direction as well (once Arago learns to control it).
Still, a lot of questions remain, so I'm even more excited about all that is to come. :)

~†Ale†~
April 02, 2010, 01:08 PM
I thinked that would happen anything else in this chapter. I wouldn't expected that this battle would finished so early, but I liked anyway. Above all, I liked the conversation that Arago did in the graveyard. If I don't commit a mistake, Arago didn't do it from chapter 4. Now, for him, the situation will be difficult, but I guess, and I think I'll have reason, that Arago will remain in the CID, even if he'll be versus all. But, if he goes out from CID, it will be good to see how the author will continue the history.

Waiting for Chapter 14.
[hr]
http://sbookg.s-book.com/sol/sky_gif/tanko_file_photo/122228.gif

This's the cover of the first Volume of Arago.
I like it. The title "Arago" is fantastic! Oh, has Ewan blond hair? lol

Can someone say to me how many chapters this Volume containes?
I'm not sure of its number.

88 Movement
April 03, 2010, 06:05 AM
Chapter 14 is out. Man was it a good chapter.

~†Ale†~
April 04, 2010, 04:36 PM
Loooooooooooooooool!
The dialogue between Arago and Ghari was fantastic!

Akiyama
April 04, 2010, 04:51 PM
I thought it was very cool to see Ghari back in the story, Arago can purify spirits instead of destorying them is a nice touch. He was playing with a doll, he doesn't hurt humans anymore but he needs to feel that rush just like a drug addict. xDDD

I need to read more about Don Quixote, since I believe that was the inspiration of the cover page in ch. 14. It could lead to clues about the current arc.

Koen
April 04, 2010, 07:00 PM
I thought it was very cool to see Ghari back in the story, Arago can purify spirits instead of destorying them is a nice touch. He was playing with a doll, he doesn't hurt humans anymore but he needs to feel that rush just like a drug addict. xDDD

I need to read more about Don Quixote, since I believe that was the inspiration of the cover page in ch. 14. It could lead to clues about the current arc.

Yes you are right. Don Quixote of Miguel Cervantes was indeed the inspiration of the cover page. ^^

I totally agree with the funny scene with Ghari. I think this arc will be mainly used for the character (more the professional relationship) development of Joe and Arago. I don't expect a seth level enemy over here. Nevertheless, an intriguing chapter

Katsuri
April 13, 2010, 01:46 PM
Waiting for Chapter 14.
<hr noshade size="1">
http://sbookg.s-book.com/sol/sky_gif/tanko_file_photo/122228.gif

This's the cover of the first Volume of Arago.
I like it. The title "Arago" is fantastic! Oh, has Ewan blond hair? lol

Can someone say to me how many chapters this Volume containes?
I'm not sure of its number.
That cover's pretty cool!

And I'm wondering about that too. Does it really have 15 chapters?

Akiyama
April 13, 2010, 03:39 PM
http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa197/esker08/volumes/Arago_1.jpg
It's listed of having 208 pages so I'm thinking it's chapters 1~6 in the first volume.

~†Ale†~
April 16, 2010, 12:27 AM
Regarding chapter 15: I think Joe was a friend of Arago's father.

nue222
April 17, 2010, 02:58 AM
so joe knew it was arago beacause he left the picture of the arrowhead theif great chapter

Googlez_kun
May 04, 2010, 03:12 PM
Wow,Arago is starting to become one of my favourite manga.

ketorin
May 06, 2010, 09:21 PM
Wow,Arago is starting to become one of my favourite manga.

Same here ^_^ I think that's it's going to reach it's full potential, yay for good new series!

Katsuri
May 22, 2010, 04:01 AM
Latest chapter had plenty of action to spare. I liked how embarrassed Arago was at the end with Joe.

shinigamikid
May 22, 2010, 03:30 PM
It funny how it ended by everyone eating chocolate bar.... I guess that how they celebrate. Wonder what is the next arc...

earthforge
May 22, 2010, 07:34 PM
Saw this as the shortest number of posts on the shounen manga section, so I checked it out. Never was much into police dramas, but found the other aspects very redeeming. It really was the recent chapters that made it awesome to me. The annoying lack of humor was nicely dealt with Vega (I couldn't stop laughing at the "this is all I can do Master!") The designs are rather generic, but I guess that's part of the charm of the manga - the characters are not too supernatural. I really liked the Irish mythos, definitely an interesting spin on the common demon mangas.

Found Seth interesting. I suspected him from the start, since Seth is the name of the Egyptian God of death, decay and chaos. Oh, and I must mention my absolute love for Joe's line "There are no demons. Only people who act like them." Absolutely true.

I'm going to enjoy reading this over time.

maxikki
May 24, 2010, 03:38 PM
i saw chapter 20
looks like Arago's old nemesis is back, and its not Seth!!!

tenebrae
May 28, 2010, 10:55 AM
Chapter 20 was pretty good, I can't wait to see exactly what will come of it and I don't know why but I feel like seth is going to be one of those characters that starts off as a villain but later becomes an ally. I wonder how they brought patchman back from the dead? Sounds like their is a large group of people working underneath him too so that should provide plenty of enemies.

earthforge
May 30, 2010, 03:37 PM
Now chapter 21 is out. Looks like this manga will be getting intense again. The big question is, why have Patchman and Ewan been resurrected? Puzzling. Either way, things look bad for Arago right now. Seems like Arago and Seth have become unwilling allies.

I was apathetic towards Seth till he was a defender of the cat last chapter. Go Seth and Arago!

Katsuri
May 30, 2010, 03:43 PM
I was thinking the same thing about Seth. He might not become an ally or a good character per se, but I can see him and Arago teaming up in the future against a common foe.

Newkerzy
June 25, 2010, 12:02 AM
Just read chapter 24, Oh god!!! this chapter was like one of the wisecracking scenes you see in all those police drama series. Seriously, I can't stop grinning like an idiot after reading it!!! I loved every piece of it!!!
Hah, Arago-Seth kinda reminds me like those awesome epic but wacky and zany duos in those police shows. Seriously, these two are just epic in their own way!! Plus, I love this breath of fresh air of manga duos/partners

Googlez_kun
June 25, 2010, 09:24 AM
Where was Seth grapping Arago on page 8?:hurr

Akiyama
August 27, 2010, 12:31 PM
While reading ch. 32 the whole time I was thinking about the ending to the movie of Speed. I thought it was very satisfying ending, I would have enjoyed more fighting between Arago and that electric horseman guy but he will return eventually. I'm interested in seeing what different elements they all have.

tenebrae
August 27, 2010, 07:24 PM
just read ch 32, and im surprised this isnt more popular its a very good manga

Akiyama
September 11, 2010, 11:26 PM
I'm going to make another movie reference, A Werewolf in London. Now the only mystery is to find out who the criminal is that's wearing the wolf's pelt. It could be that one detective at the beginning of ch. 33, otherwise I'm clueless. It's an okay mini-arc, I'd rather see another main story line though.

Hamy
October 18, 2010, 06:28 PM
So we've got a new arc - I have to say the werewolf arc was resolved somewhat quicker than I expected as well as being rather off topic from the hunt for patch man though I do wonder if this is the last we'll see of him - with the black horse man. Seeing as Rio was the "helpless" damsel in distress with the Pale horse man anyone else guessing that Coco will be the "helpless" damsel of the Black horse man arc XD.

I'm glad that the gremlin survived - it looked as if he was killed in the massacre so yay for another mascot character. Another thing that I'm glad at is how Arago was pointed out to be enjoying or relying more and more on the power of Patch Man. Yet, its not like he has much of a choice given the horse men assault but it is a good point that he'd use it more or less out of impulse now.

Akiyama
October 22, 2010, 07:44 AM
The ending of chapter 40 was crazy. Is that the real Arago? I can't believe what I'm seeing, dozens of bullet holes in his body and his right arm is about to fall off. Perhaps he will go into some type of super regeneration mode.

Hamy
October 23, 2010, 01:20 AM
The ending of chapter 40 was crazy. Is that the real Arago? I can't believe what I'm seeing, dozens of bullet holes in his body and his right arm is about to fall off. Perhaps he will go into some type of super regeneration mode.

After a chapter of fanservice to the ladies XD We get poor Arago turned into Swiss cheese. I don't think its not impossible for him to regenerate - and I somehow doubt that Patchman really needs Arago that dead at this point - so I'm on the same page in thinking he'll probably go into some super immortal regeneration mode. Though the one thing I do wonder about his regeneration abilities is the condition of his brother's parts.

This chapter pretty much established that compared to his parts the spare parts he received are not up to snuff with the rest of his body. Hence, he can potentially lose his brother's parts since they regenerate at a much slower ratio. So what I am wondering about this potential super regeneration mode is how whether he'll still have his brother's body parts in tact.

Mifec
October 27, 2010, 06:00 PM
Ofc he would regenerate.

it is his main power you know

http://www.mangareader.net/1296-58308-1/arago/chapter-41.html

Poor CoCo

I hope the sick bastard doesn't really have her.

Hamy
November 03, 2010, 08:01 PM
OMG chapter 42 I expected him to do that to Coco but I'm still in shock. I wonder if there will be any way to revert her back to normal... Still with this arc it looks like Joe will be fully aware of Arago's ability - I mean he's about to see the type of foe Arago faces. Though I do wonder if he'll start to hold a grudge against Arago for either a) thinking he is the patch man or b) for having Coco mixed up in this and having her turn into that. Either way, they'll be hitting a huge road bump with their partnership. The latest chapters have been quite great I hope the momentum continues.

earthforge
November 03, 2010, 11:12 PM
The translation for 42 got me a lot more nervous, but seeing the scan iut doesn't seem so bad. Feel more sorry for Colo. Poor pooch. I think Coco can be rescued because she's in a biological golem, so Brionac might be able to pull out more than her soul?

I agree with you Hamy that Joe will soon know of Arago's ability. I think he'll feel betrayed.

Hamy
November 03, 2010, 11:35 PM
The translation for 42 got me a lot more nervous, but seeing the scan iut doesn't seem so bad. Feel more sorry for Colo. Poor pooch. I think Coco can be rescued because she's in a biological golem, so Brionac might be able to pull out more than her soul?

I agree with you Hamy that Joe will soon know of Arago's ability. I think he'll feel betrayed.

I think one of the more worrisome aspects of Coco right now is that he fused a Gremlin soul into her... Even if Arago somehow manages to remove her from the Chimera created she'd still have that Gremlin soul - who knows what will happen to her after. Then again I wonder if Arago can even unfuse her with Brionac since he's not exactly adept at using it - I would imagine unfusing her would be a highly complicated process... I just don't see things looking up for Coco.

Newkerzy
November 22, 2010, 08:26 AM
So.... from the new chapter, (45) it would seem there's two more treasures of Erin. Anybody wanna bet Joe's gonna get one of them?? considering now that he knows everything, I'm willing to bet he'll want one to take revenge on them. It would also help Arago a lot in pursuing Patchman.

Koen
January 06, 2011, 07:11 PM
Bumping up this thread again. Last chapter was really great because it explained a lot. The legends behind the four treasures of Erinn. The white horseman is going into a fight with Seth. The story has finally progressed very good. Joe will play an important role too because of the two items he got. I look forward to upcoming chapter
[hr]
More suspense... This Lia Fail arc is definitely becoming Arago's best arc of all arcs we had at this moment. Goblins stole them and they are finally aware of the existence of it. The question is who will win this race against time? Anyway, this chapters asks for more

Hamy
January 18, 2011, 11:43 AM
So anyone wanna bet that the clue to Lia Fail lies in the name of the goblin who had orchestrated its stealing? Seems like a giveaway that she would be named My Fair Lady, London Bridge song anyone? My guess is its at London Bridge. Just wondering if any of the characters will have the brains to figure this one out - kinda funny when you think about how violent the White Horseman has been given what a give away the goblins name is.

Koen
January 18, 2011, 12:26 PM
@Hamy: you really do think a lot when you read manga :)

Anyway, going by the place - London Bridge probably - I wonder who will be there first. It is very important for Patchman to get his hand on these treasures. So for the story itself, it would be likely possible that the White Horseman will be there. Btw, does anyone think that the fourth horseman could be Arago's brother? I am really curious about the horsemen.

earthforge
January 18, 2011, 09:17 PM
Hamy: Ho crap, I didn't even figure that out! I was just going "... 'my fair lady'? What? Is the translator trolling me?"

Sounds like a good bet. Question is, who will claim Lia fail?

Hamy
January 21, 2011, 11:51 PM
Chapter is out and looks like I was right about My Fair Lady XD!

Though it looks like the White and Pale horseman arrived at the scene first. I wonder if they really will easily acquire Lia Fail, it is after all a stone that would chose a ruler and by that logic it could possibly also be discerning in who may acquire it. Though even if they do acquire it I wonder if it even has any offensive capabilities seeing as well... its a stone that marks you as king.

elitefox
January 24, 2011, 04:38 AM
Hamy: Ho crap, I didn't even figure that out! I was just going "... 'my fair lady'? What? Is the translator trolling me?"

Sounds like a good bet. Question is, who will claim Lia fail?

Shouldn't they let the dog dig it up then snatch it :eyeroll

I just wonder, can arago make beggar his hades or something like that? I know it will be like shaman king or something but a bit of a pet fighting might help too :tem

broniac is like a booster, that so much boost, its dangerous. or maybe I'm thinking too much.

Koen
January 24, 2011, 08:58 AM
Arago's power is becoming a weak point to the horsemen. He has become so strong that the Horsemen are more serious than previous encounters. The white horseman might be the toughest opponent Arago has but somehow I am confident that he will be able to hold off all the attacks. Broniac is going to grow but I am not sure if it'll be good enough to get the stone

elitefox
January 26, 2011, 09:33 PM
Arago's power is becoming a weak point to the horsemen. He has become so strong that the Horsemen are more serious than previous encounters. The white horseman might be the toughest opponent Arago has but somehow I am confident that he will be able to hold off all the attacks. Broniac is going to grow but I am not sure if it'll be good enough to get the stone

Well, how should I say this... he is the type of fighter that grows on fights rather than training but training helps to introduce him to proper fight but comparing his training to actual battle experience, oh well like most of the fighters I've seen I guess :D

Koen
January 27, 2011, 08:15 AM
Well, how should I say this... he is the type of fighter that grows on fights rather than training but training helps to introduce him to proper fight but comparing his training to actual battle experience, oh well like most of the fighters I've seen I guess :D

Yep, and somehow I like it. You can become more powerful by training but you can also become stronger by experience. I mostly prefer first one because latter one is harder to deal. It has to be believable you see, the last thing I want is a deus ex machina. The mangaka is doing a good job imo, he is avoiding a deus ex machine and he is processing Arago's power growth naturally reasonable.

elitefox
February 03, 2011, 02:47 AM
The thing I want him to learn are the uses of broaniac for creativity in fighting

the more you know what broniac can do the better you can handle it I think but the student doesn't want to exposed all he knows or arago just won't get it I guess ahahha
[hr]
Wow seen the latest chapter, too bad they fail but still an awesome chapter

all protagonist went to that stupidity or at least something that is positive, heroic act

Newkerzy
February 16, 2011, 04:25 AM
New chapter is out:

http://trinitybakuma.com/manga/ARAGO/055/1

The Red Horseman is...... A Girl???!!! not that I didn't expect it, but the fact that she's a freakin' loli really threw me off. I bet she's a total psycho.

Hamy
February 22, 2011, 11:51 AM
Looks like the red horse"man" is a freakishly strong school girl that basically decimated everything. From what I can see this may call for Claim Solais' help to even come at par or better than the attacks she's dishing out. She's that freakishly strong that the trios combined attack was necessary to fend of one big burst attack.

Newkerzy
March 03, 2011, 04:15 AM
...Shit. The red horseman (AKA Scarlet) really gives a whole new meaning to the word "hot". From the looks of it, she seems to be based on a mythology. does anyone know??
[hr]
Newest chapter's cliffhanger was Epic!!! the guy looked all sorts of badass. Is he a friend or foe?? well, we'll find out soon!!!

Teeba
March 04, 2011, 11:28 AM
Well, I've been reading Arago for a while now, and I enjoy reading the series! It's entertaining and definitely unusual.

I try not to think about the 4 horseman's appearances to the original mythology, it doesn't seem to add up much to me. Though Scarlet may be the only one who does, the red horseman represents war and bloodlust, so it makes sense that her power comes in the form of flames, and her using the blade at the end, it totally makes sense. I'm not sure how the white and pale horseman come into play though. o_O

I also loved the cliffhanger, it looks like the final horseman is going to need more than just Arago's normal powers to kill off. :P

maxikki
March 04, 2011, 01:02 PM
i wonder who's the new character that is going to appear? it'd be interesting if he is a demon hunter like van helsing and ends up taking the sword.

Koen
March 07, 2011, 06:10 PM
Well, the latest chapter reveals whom the new force is. Albion, it is called and it brings forwards more questions. This group has probably been in charge of guarding the treasures of eirin and this might also be the reason why he finally showed up to help out Arago and co. I kinda look forward to what Albion is exactly

Newkerzy
March 07, 2011, 10:25 PM
The new guy, Albion is pretty awesome. In a way, he reminds me of Naruto. No boom-boom powers, just simple traps and weapons you really know how to use.

I got the feeling that Rio's gonna join in the fray very soon. With Albion as her partner and mentor she'd be a big help to Arago. I've been waiting for her involvement since Lucian arc.

Hamy
March 08, 2011, 01:26 PM
Scarlet still has the sword though... And the new guy doesn't seem to plan on retrieving it at the moment. So the problem still stand D: Still least it looks like they'll be acquiring some useful allies.

revennge
March 16, 2011, 09:10 AM
Just read chapter 59. So they retrieved the "seed" good. I wonder what'll happen next. Will they be buddies or just ally ;D.

earthforge
March 16, 2011, 12:24 PM
I think I just got a new fav character. Yay for Oswell, he's frickin cool and actually smart. Good contrast to Arago, who runs headfirst into traps. I think he'll be an ally that's brought in every once in a while. Not a main character though. He seems to stick very close to his duty, which is solely to defend the Queen.

Good to see the further deconstruction of an ideal fight. I liked how the protagonists got exhausted and how the arrival of a trickster saved them.

Koen
March 16, 2011, 07:32 PM
Well, Oswell is cool but it doesn't tell us a lot about Albion. Okay, they are some allies but don't forget that Arago has a treasure of Erin in him. He could easily be considered as an enemy later on because of that sole issue. It think that he can be assured because the enemy of my enemy is my friend but if I were arago, I'd watch my steps too

Hamy
March 16, 2011, 09:06 PM
Is it just me or was Oswell heavily inspired by Ciel from Tsukihime XD. The moves, fighting style, and even his special weapon completely reminded me of Ciel and her conceptual weapon Seven.

Koen
March 24, 2011, 07:34 PM
Can't say, never read Tsukihime

Anyway most recent chapter was bland. It didn't add enough to the story at my will. The important items could have been easily told within 4 or 5 pages. BUT I am still interested in Albion. The organization seems very important and I wonder what other functions are manned. I assume that executioner is one among others. Anyway, we already know that Arago is very likely the container whom Patchman wants to get his hands on

Rena Chan
March 26, 2011, 01:10 AM
The latest chapter reveals Oswell's mission.

I don't understand Japanese, but from what I can understand, it seems like his mission is to protect Arago Hunt for some reason related to Patchman.

Koen
April 21, 2011, 06:05 AM
One word: magnificent... The most recent chapters of Arago have been awesome. The tone of the story is darker than it was before. Patchman and his horsemen succeeded in their mission. The cauldron's four seals have been broken with nasty consequences. Arago's power is very effective but there's so many dark creatures. I really think that he can't handle it all alone.

I just hope that this won't turn out into one long final fight

Newkerzy
April 21, 2011, 09:55 AM
I'm thinking that after they manage to deal with the monsters they'll go after Patchman and the Horsemen.

The match-ups will be:

Joe vs Red (Scarlet)
Arago vs Black (Cloteaux)
Seth vs Pale (Lucian)
Oz vs White (Hughes)

Googlez_kun
May 18, 2011, 07:07 AM
It seems Arago is going to end in some chapters.What a pity.

I liked the recent chapters.I wonder how they want to defeat the four horsemen,though.