PDA

View Full Version : Whitebeard, will he make it?

kkck
December 26, 2009, 12:06 AM
Ok, so we have seen WB taking a few apparently serious wounds, admirals, VA and a number of nameless yet strong marines. He has done a great deal while fighting and has changed the flow of the battle a few times by himself. Thing is, he keeps getting wounds on top of his already old and sick body.

So who thinks Whitebeard will die? Who thinks Whitebeard will live? What are the implications of pops living past the war? What are the implications of pops dying very soon?

Razh
December 26, 2009, 06:45 AM
Oh, he'll definitely die. I don't know how anyone can doubt that any more. His time is over, he's old and ill, and he was wounded. This way, he'll be able to deliver a heavy blow to marines before he dies.

MidnightAngel
December 26, 2009, 07:44 AM
IMO he'll die, just after the end of the arc..

RichardMNixon
December 26, 2009, 06:27 PM
I think every mention of the "New Age" has foreshadowed his death. I also don't see Sengoku or Garp lasting much longer than him.

Bugzee
December 26, 2009, 09:18 PM
I fear the worst for WB....it doesn't look good especially after chapter 569!!! I think he will fall..its inevitable now. Garp will survive, WB will fall imo.

Lord Rayleigh
December 27, 2009, 05:21 AM
I'd have say the week before that he was definitely going to die because of the various injuries he got but this week's chapter made me hope he will not. Yes, he got more important injuries in the last chapter (three swords stuck into him, a bazooka explosion near the head, bullets shot at him) BUT
has WB not just said that he will live until the day he'll see a good future for his sons ? He said that all these injuries weren't enough to kill him, claiming again " I am the WB ! " That means WB does not plan to die in this war after saving Ace : he plans to prepare the future for all his sons because he knows the time for him to retire/die is close.
It gives me hope to see him live longer. The idea that Luffy will fight him in the future, as he said to Ace in Alabasta, seems indeed impossible now (WB would not live enough time for Luffy to become his rival) but WB could survive the war and die after. It depends on what will happen in the next chapters but as said WB, these injuries aren't enough to kill him. So, for the moment, it is not sure for him to die.

frontaLobotomy
December 27, 2009, 10:44 AM
I think He's going to die, but only once all his 'children' and allies can get out of Marineford, as he will sink the island. The injuries are only part of the reasoning that he's going to die, I think the Moby Dick being destroyed was a big hint, and the fact that he's talked an awful lot about death and mortality in general over the last few chapters.

Black Lagoon
December 27, 2009, 11:25 AM
Oh, he'll definitely die. I don't know how anyone can doubt that any more. His time is over, he's old and ill, and he was wounded. This way, he'll be able to deliver a heavy blow to marines before he dies.

Yeah, Oda will honor him by the the first big shot to die in battle and not in flashbacks. :tem (:()

jamjamstyle
December 27, 2009, 12:36 PM
Incapable of fighting after the war: Yes
Die during the war: No

If he died, it would crush most of the hope that the WB pirates are holding from being able to fend off the marines. WB wants to see a bright future for his crew, therefore i think he'll be reduced as a observer who follows the progression of Ace and Luffy. This is also what i desire the most from Oda actually.

Btw, Oda doesn't want to use someone's death as a excuse for drama... His answer on why he refuse to kill of characters would be kinda... meh. I'd rather see killing of Pell then WB.

bittman
December 27, 2009, 06:51 PM
Whitebeard will die and Ace will get an awesome revenge arc in the future against whoever it was that specifically landed the killing blow. Most likely Akainu.

And though Oda doesn't use death as an excuse for drama, it's also a myth that Oda doesn't kill off people. Assuming you of course ignore flashbacks and the few hundred dead people that have occured in them, there have already been at least two deaths, both of which were rather undramatic.

Whitebeard retiring would be equivalent to his death. If he had to retire, he'd prefer to go out in a blaze of glory. This is what we're about to see.

chess4
December 27, 2009, 11:47 PM
WB is done for..................his death will be the biggest in one piece up to this point. he has been shot and stabbed multiple times, not to mention he is already sick. i think WB's display will prompt garp to take action.

this is how i see it. luffy will get to the platform and sengoku will try to stop him. garp will fight sengoku, so luffy can unhandcuff ace, then the escape will began. WB seeing no other way for his children to get away, he will quake the entire marineford on top of himself.

Gecko Moria
December 28, 2009, 04:49 AM
With the "New Era" approaching (according to Doflamingo), Whitebeard's death will mark the end of the previous era and Oda will make this shift particularly dramatic with the first important death in One Piece. At the rate Whitebeard is battling on with such fatal injuries, I would be very surprised if he stayed alive for much longer and there is no way he would stop because the Ace's life is on the line.

Besides, it would be disappointing to see such a massive war end with no significant casualties. On the other hand, Oda always surprises his readers with a shocking revelation of some sort so I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Klippe
December 28, 2009, 06:15 AM
i'm a little sad how he got wounded so early during this battle,and i would've loved to see him fighting strong,but yeah he's dying for the same reason shanks gave his arm and straw hat to give the new generation a chance

Gats
December 28, 2009, 02:40 PM
He will die or have a deep coma. The worst is that there is a possibility that he would end up being the new Dr. VegaPunk experimental subject for the DF.

Zatono
December 28, 2009, 02:54 PM
He will die or have a deep coma. The worst is that there is a possibility that he would end up being the new Dr. VegaPunk experimental subject for the DF.

Oh crap, that would certainly suck. Can you imagine having WB Pacifista's? That'd be ridiculous. I'm pretty sure that he's going to die though, a hole through a chest + some sort of disease he has usually equals certain death.

Gats
December 28, 2009, 04:38 PM
Oh crap, that would certainly suck. Can you imagine having WB Pacifista's? That'd be ridiculous. I'm pretty sure that he's going to die though, a hole through a chest + some sort of disease he has usually equals certain death.

I was thinking about a copy of the DF power and turn it into an usable weapon, not about another pacifista.

chess4
December 28, 2009, 04:55 PM
WB as a pacifista would be unstoppable. if he dies he could become 1

Lord Rayleigh
December 29, 2009, 04:18 AM
WB as a pacifista would be unstoppable. if he dies he could become 1
Pacifistas are done with living people, not dead people ; dead people are useful for zombies.

zagorka
December 29, 2009, 11:08 AM
I think right now his main remaining purpose will be to hold off the marines, once Ace is released. It will be then where we will see Whitebeard's last moments as he attempts to even destroy the island itself. Hopefully at that point even Sengoku will fight. It'll definitely be a sad moment for his crew as Whitebeard will order everyone to leave while he dies holding them off.

Klippe
December 30, 2009, 07:17 PM
i now have a question,what do you guys think will happen to wb crew afterwards? will ace or marco lead them? or are they just going to disband?

chess4
December 30, 2009, 10:04 PM
i now have a question,what do you guys think will happen to wb crew afterwards? will ace or marco lead them? or are they just going to disband?

i think the crew will stick together. they have suffered heav losses though. i think all of the commanders will survive, with WB dying.

Poneglyph420
December 31, 2009, 02:35 PM

At this point I'd assume that Ace would lead any remnant of the WB crew. But that's based on the fact that both Jozu and Marco are injured and could be out for the count...

Whitebeard still has to assure that his "sons" can escape freely, and somehow save Ace. I'm not sure he's gonna be able to do that without some support..

gao_dargon
January 02, 2010, 05:33 AM
i think he is pretty much done for, im rather interested in seeing how Oda sensei is gonna handel this, and what will be of the WB crew, also, if he does die, BB is gonna move for the yonkou position right?

OunknownO
January 02, 2010, 07:24 AM
Yes. To quote crocodile "There are many silver medalist on the sea" and when the wb dies the New Era will begin and those silver medalist will once again appear on the stage....

In short: - The story itself forced oda to kill WB.

ScratchmenApoo
January 02, 2010, 08:08 AM
When Oda first created One Piece and thought it would last 5 years, I'm sure he had the storyline set about Whitebeard. It is the turning point of the story and killing him will make it better. I also see Whitebeard sacrificing himself in order to save Ace.

Oh, and I'm sure that Blackbeard's big plan is not to become a Yonkou but something more unexpected and grand.

maaghms
January 03, 2010, 10:28 PM
who say people don't die in OP? i have seen that happened in many cases. one example that i can recall at this instance is a guy zombie who went into the sunlight and burnt to nothingness in front of brooke. deaths have been shown

and WB needs to die for the story to progress. just like there would be no OP story without the death of roger

gao_dargon
January 04, 2010, 06:14 AM
yes, ppl do die in one piece, and not only bad guys kill, remember wiskey peak? zoro killed like a 100 guys in there, and yes he did killed them

chess4
January 04, 2010, 04:04 PM
naw i dont think zoro kiled them.

i think WB is one for. hell it looks like the marco and jozu are done for as well

ajaxsoccerjon
January 04, 2010, 04:15 PM
I HOPE whitebeard dies. No one has died on screen that i can remember, his will be the first and most important to me. As much as I feel bad for him, i feel his time is over.
[hr]
Oooh whitebeard pacifista...yowza. I have a feeling he will die maybe this coming chapter and of course do something so honorable and push everyone he cares about out of there, thus moving the story forward.

Poneglyph420
January 04, 2010, 04:30 PM
It does seem since he got stabbed, WB has been going all out to save his "sons".
What he wants now is to ensure the new age is able to thrive, and to secure Ace a future to become the Pirate King.
Somehow I see him saving Ace with some help from Luffy... But a heroic death seems to be in the future. Either way it looks like WB's old age and overall illness are a factor too. If WB knows he's on his last stand I'd suspect he will die with a thunder to destroy the Island of Marineford.. In the "end of an Era" scheme of this arc it fits to me..

gao_dargon
January 04, 2010, 04:43 PM
naw i dont think zoro kiled them.

he did killed them, thats part of the reazon his bounty was so high, (killing = bounty upgrade if not ask Kid)

Gats
January 04, 2010, 05:35 PM
he did killed them, thats part of the reazon his bounty was so high, (killing = bounty upgrade if not ask Kid)

The word "kill" was used in the manga to justify Zorro bounty ? I'm searching for the chapter but I don't find for now. You don't need to kill in order to have a higher bounty, just look at Luffy.
[hr]
Ok I just found it, with this translation it seems that Zorro "killed" the hundred bounty hunters :
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/217/14/

http://read.mangashare.com/One-Piece/chapter-217/page014.html

But after reading the chapters where Zorro fought these guys, some of his blows seems not deadly but maybe they are really really weak.

Black Lagoon
January 04, 2010, 06:45 PM
I've replied in the Mega Convo (the bounty talk) :)

gao_dargon
January 04, 2010, 09:21 PM
The word "kill" was used in the manga to justify Zorro bounty ? I'm searching for the chapter but I don't find for now. You don't need to kill in order to have a higher bounty, just look at Luffy.

yes, i know you don't need to kill, but it is a big facotr, Luffy's bounty was like that cuz he took down a shichibukai, but Zoro didn't and his bounty was way up there to, sanji also fought baroque works, and is part of the monster trio (some say he is equal to Zoro in terms of raw power) but he was out of the bounty selection. but thats really off topic, the thing i was trying to get accros was that ppl can die outside of flashbacks and therefore the chanse that WB dies does exist.

Bugzee
May 03, 2010, 12:37 PM
:crying

I really want to see more WB flashbacks; I’m still waiting for that damn Vs. Roger battles. I think WB deserves to get like a special chapter or even mini data/art book or something similar to that. He was one hell of an awesome character with a lot of GUTS! I miss WB’s quakes. :(