PDA

View Full Version : Question What happened to Hoi Hoi

shinotenshi
January 01, 2010, 03:39 AM
Did the Gantz team forget about him, because he never did appear in any of the future mangas? Did he finally get run over after escaping the zoo?

Thoughts?:blink

GAT-X252
January 01, 2010, 10:46 AM
He died off screen in the Rome mission.

Mr.Aaron
January 06, 2010, 04:50 PM
He was killed by art. :(

102jayday
January 06, 2010, 06:01 PM
hoi hoi is a she guys not he lol.

digitaldude
January 08, 2010, 07:37 AM
Hoi Hoi is behind this whole gantz thing remember the dog ending in silent hill, I mean how could a panda gain 30 points in one mission.

BrazilianGantzer
January 12, 2010, 05:09 PM
@digitaldude - correction: 40 points...

@102jayday - we don't know whether Hoi Hoi is a male or a female panda.... we can't be sure of either. Personally I think it's a male.

102jayday
January 12, 2010, 11:38 PM
In some threads people said it was a girl, some points in the manga they say she, but when hoi hoi gets scored 40 points they say He.

kaliayev
January 13, 2010, 11:42 PM
Hoi Hoi currently resides in panda heaven and is the envy of all the Tokyo hunters.

El Samurai Guapo
January 15, 2010, 10:40 PM
Even if it was to be expected (since those assholes didn't put his suit on), I'm still kind of upset that the panda just died off-panel somewhere. I mean, Hoi Hoi survived through more missions than 90% of the human gantzers we've seen, and they all at least had a few panels dedicated to their demise. Then again, I don't know if I would have wanted to see that poor panda get killed.

In all actuality, I wish Hoi Hoi would have survived and gotten 100 points to revive Izumi (like many of us were hoping he would do). I can just imagine the panda running up and hugging Izumi the moment he sees him. How cute would that have been.

BrazilianGantzer
January 17, 2010, 10:38 PM
Even if it was to be expected (since those assholes didn't put his suit on), I'm still kind of upset that the panda just died off-panel somewhere. I mean, Hoi Hoi survived through more missions than 90% of the human gantzers we've seen, and they all at least had a few panels dedicated to their demise. Then again, I don't know if I would have wanted to see that poor panda get killed.

The dog also died off-screen. If I'm not mistaken there's a law in Japan stating that you can't show animal cruelty in stuff like this. Or something like that.

In all actuality, I wish Hoi Hoi would have survived and gotten 100 points to revive Izumi (like many of us were hoping he would do). I can just imagine the panda running up and hugging Izumi the moment he sees him. How cute would that have been.

My question is how Hoi-Hoi would have chosen one of the three options should he/she have earned 100 pts.

Damura
January 18, 2010, 03:02 AM
@BrazilianGantzer: They showed the remains of the cat that Nishi butchered. And Nishi's erection. Are you sure they've got a law against it? It's a very unusual law...

BrazilianGantzer
January 18, 2010, 08:06 AM
@Damura - I know it's an unusual law...I thought the same thing. I mentioned that because in the discussion of the chapter after the Italy Mission, I think we discussed Hoi-Hoi for a while and somebody mentioned something like that.

I think I may have heard of a law about not being allowed to show men's genitals...I may just be confusing that law with the animal cruelty thing. Then again Oku did show a penis on Nuri more than once... :darn

Can anybody that knows more about Japanese laws than me help me out? :oh

Damura
January 18, 2010, 09:56 AM
^
I think that the sexaholics penis was visible once. It just seems stupid to me for there to be a law against showing animals being killed whilst you can quite freely show humans being killed. Aren't many of the aliens also technically animals? I think its great that Hoi Hoi's actions were never shown. Adds a bit of mystery, doesn't it? Would be great, now that it's over, to get some sort of side-story manga sometime depicting Hoi Hoi's exploits.

Katastrophe
January 19, 2010, 07:40 AM
Gantz may look like he's a sadistic entity, but he has a soft spot for animals.

Just wait until the epilogue