PDA

View Full Version : Kei Kurono is Cloud Strife

cassaruby
January 18, 2010, 04:46 PM
Both characters start off jerks and quickly become everyday stand-up guys.
Both have two women to choose from.
Both must save the world from an alien (Jenova).
Both lead a bunch of other semi-related do gooders.
Both are the same type of badass.
Both are incapable of dying realistically, and then following through with the dead part.

Same character mold (they connect to most readers easily).

Hollow Kurono
January 18, 2010, 08:25 PM
Kurono didnt have to choose any women,he just took Tae with no problems.Cloud was a jerk,I thought that he was just quite.Kei Kurono is Kei Kurono,Cloud is Cloud,cant compare Kurono with anyone else.

cassaruby
January 18, 2010, 10:28 PM
they are the same mold and accomplish the same goals. it's a vehicle for the reader, i think.

Mr.Aaron
January 18, 2010, 11:48 PM
Kurono > Cloud.

And weren't they technically after Sephiroth the whole time, who had Jenova's cells?

Besides, I still think it's too early to say that Gantz's "villan" is an alien, or a silver haired douchebag.

cassaruby
January 18, 2010, 11:57 PM
Cloud was summoned by Sephiroth who was genetically spliced with Jenova's cells, and was the first to accept the DNA change, whereas the other two Sephiroth SOLDIER members (they have names and are from Crisis Core) were failures, who rejected the DNA change. Jenova's cells and clones including Cloud (who was a failure because he became a vegetable until the beginning of FF7) were all being summoned to the Crater, to help Sephiroth turn into a god. Jenova's goal was to destroy the universe with Sephiroth as the host, who controls everything through his own will, referred to as "Sephiroth's Will." All the lifestream is, is the Cetra Race. The Cetra race cruised the galaxy until it inhabited the planet. Humans were lazy Cetra and became different from the Cetra. Jenova destroyed the Cetra, except for 2 of em. All the rest of the Cetra were dead in the lifestream. The lifestream was spiritual energy, memories, and our souls that make everything grow naturally. Sephiroth planned to make a meteor hit the planet (which would cause lifestream to rush to repair the injury). Sephy'd absorb it all, and use the planet as a vessel to cruise the universe.

simple alien vs humanity with a tricked human host as the villian.

Kurono is just as lame as Cloud/Sephiroth too, prolly because he just won't die or retire. Cash Cow Kurono. Takeshi for lead, and Katou or Nishi as his mentor after Kaze dies!

warbandit66
January 19, 2010, 12:30 PM
Kurono > Cloud.

And weren't they technically after Sephiroth the whole time, who had Jenova's cells?

Besides, I still think it's too early to say that Gantz's "villan" is an alien, or a silver haired douchebag.

No Cloud is awesome beyond compare just stop it, stop it now!

staytough
January 24, 2010, 03:29 PM
no you can't compare Clouds awesomeness with Kuronos.
Kurono was a jerk but Cloud was (like Sephiroth) just a puppet.

Clouds whole life was pretty much a fuck up. He left his home village to join "soldat". He went back to his village in his last mission with Sephiroth and Zack.
And after the whole Nibleheim incident Cloud and Zack became Mojos playthings.

Kurono only saw a few people and friends die while Cloud had to witness how Sephiroth killed everyone in his village, seemingly killed Tifa and after it Mojo experimented on him and his best friend and fried his brain.

Cloud turned from a puppet into a hero (and into a emo hero if you count advent children)

While Kurono turned from a Jerk into a Soldier (He saves people but if neccesary kills them).

btw. I hate every Spin-Off that came after FF7 and the whole Gackt Gang. All of this is just from the original game.

If Kurono is Cloud, Katou is Zack, Reika is Tifa (just look at the boobs!), Gantz is Shinra Inc, Sebastian is a mix between Rufus and Sephiroth.
Oh, and the Panda is Cait Sith! and butterdog is RedXIII

Amigo!
April 28, 2010, 04:57 PM
i hate cloud i didn't vibe with him at all he is a pretty boy self proclaimed outcast who could easily get with most women in a heartbeat. kei on the other hand is totally more relate able an outcast to would just fap all day and had two friends who werent even that good, then on a whim gets a girlfriend who is also shy and had shitty to no friends. kei wins that contest imo