PDA

View Full Version : Chapter One Piece 572 Discussion / 573 Prediction

Pages : [1] 2 3

Yabe
January 20, 2010, 06:25 AM
If you haven't seen the goodies yet, you can check them out in the Spoiler Pics & Summaries (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1760890#post1760890) thread. This is where you can discuss all about them. But remember no spamming.

Please remember: NO SPOILERS OUTSIDE THE SPOILER THREADS. This rule will be strictly enforced. Please respect those that don't want to be spoiled. Thanks.

Raw is out, grab it here (http://mangahelpers.com/m/one-piece/chapters/572) (LQ for now)!

deffkryz
January 23, 2010, 09:07 AM
Hm, that new spoiler sounds reasonable... Luffy and Ace are ordered to be killed by the 3 admirals, Sengoku vs. allmost dead Whitbeard.

But sounds like a new d*mn cliffhanger at the end.... :/

Pix™
January 23, 2010, 09:22 AM
Hm, that new spoiler sounds reasonable... Luffy and Ace are ordered to be killed by the 3 admirals, Sengoku vs. allmost dead Whitbeard.

But sounds like a new d*mn cliffhanger at the end.... :/

Yeah, but Idol isn't sure if it's confirmed this time...
By the way this spoiler sounds good!

PH3000
January 23, 2010, 09:24 AM
Since it`s an apprentice spoiler i think its true but it`s extremely early.

Akainu
January 23, 2010, 09:31 AM
didn't apprentice switch to another forum than 2ch lately? also why would there be Robin on the cover, she already was on the SH feat. animals covers and it should be Vivi/Carue the next two chapters followed by a regulare coverstory;

that and it's earliness should make everyone cautious.

M.D.Ace
January 23, 2010, 09:33 AM
wouldnt this be like the earliest spoilers we've ever gotten
[hr]
well im relatively new to MH so for me atleast

Pix™
January 23, 2010, 09:34 AM
Last saturday Apprentice has posted confrimed spoiler

DeXt0R
January 23, 2010, 09:38 AM
Too early probably fake but the story sounds real. Jozu cut off his hand to fight:D? Almost same like Shanks:D

Mangafan2
January 23, 2010, 09:39 AM
wow awesome, 3 admirals vs Luffy, Ace, Macro and Jozu.
To be honest I don't see how the 3 admirals cannot win. They are in perfect state while the others are hurt badly and I don't think there will be any use of haki.

Gats
January 23, 2010, 09:43 AM
fake too early

If :

Last saturday Apprentice has posted confrimed spoiler

is true, then...Maybe not ! :darn

PH3000
January 23, 2010, 10:18 AM
fake too early

The last two weeks also everyone cried "fake" and in the end the only true spoiler was the one from apprentice...

Black Lagoon
January 23, 2010, 10:19 AM
Too early probably fake but the story sounds real. Jozu cut off his hand to fight:D? Almost same like Shanks:D

It sounds good but that was so predicable ...
And Jozu broke his hand when he'd been frozen.

Samui
January 23, 2010, 10:24 AM
That spoiler is fake, based on the cover alone. Robin can't get another cover.

And how the hell did Marco and Jozu got back to fight? Who released Marco from his handcuffs? Who melted the frozen Jozu?

Black Lagoon
January 23, 2010, 10:28 AM
The last two weeks also everyone cried "fake" and in the end the only true spoiler was the one from apprentice...

the last two week shouldn't count because of the last break, but now I guess that everything is back to normal (spoilers on Monday, tuesday or sometimes wednesday )

redred
January 23, 2010, 10:31 AM
somehow id hoped the chapter would focus on ace more seeing as how he JUST got the escape/entrance to the battle

Enoa
January 23, 2010, 10:36 AM
That spoiler is fake, based on the cover alone. Robin can't get another cover.

All crew members were on the first page once, except the two chapter with color pages, so Oda restart from the beginning and Robin ( and probably chopper next week)

msg
January 23, 2010, 10:38 AM
It is from Apprentice plus that verification code.I'm certain it's from him.Remember the last spoiler? It arrived on saturday.Thanx Pix for the spoiler.Anyways..
--------------------------------
Oh wow so Jozu is a paramecia after all, fighting with only one arm:(.I'm expecting him to be a Logia..oh well.I wonder how he got out from that ice?As expected the the 3 admirals plus sengoku are going all out to kill luffy and Ace.It seems that escaping and retreating will be much tougher than entering and rescuing Ace.

*edit* - also expect early new spoilers for nxt week.How i know? don't ask lol

Black Lagoon
January 23, 2010, 10:38 AM
somehow id hoped the chapter would focus on ace more seeing as how he JUST got the escape/entrance to the battle

With only 5 pages Iwould be satisfied ... but now I just wanna see WhiteBeard doing something epic, I mean enter in the real battle and see the best of him. :eyeroll

Seleno
January 23, 2010, 10:59 AM
The summary sounds kinda ... normal with no suprises... And the thing with the Cover tells us "This one is fake" 'cause actually Vivi or Caru should be on the cover now (while the last few filler cover arcs the two were also shownto the strawhats so why should it be Robin this time again?).

The only possibillity is that Oda wants to show us more of the Strawhats while they are away but ... I don't know ... that is simply strange..

And one more thing ... I mean... It's saturday Oo

k-dom
January 23, 2010, 11:21 AM
Didn't last week spoiler came on Sunday 17 (UTC+1)
And There has never been 2 covers in a row (plus Luffy is always on the first one). Also the next two covers shall be Vivi and Garue. I would be really pissed if they aren't

smurfx
January 23, 2010, 12:00 PM
we sure this is real? didn't apprentice leave 2ch and go to another site to post spoilers?

Razh
January 23, 2010, 12:03 PM
Damn, I get away with my girlfriend for a couple of days and when I return there's also a spoiler for the next chapter lol.

Too bad Whitebeard's all sick and wounded. The fights with him would have been better. Still, I expect he'll still pull out everything he can.

urlaub
January 23, 2010, 12:07 PM
What is it with these early spoilers????Amazing, Fairy tail also a early doppel chapter. Happy times!!!!

So what the heck is gonna happen with Luff and Ace, who will arrive to rescue???? Whoooo?+??? Common, the novas or Rayleigh, Dragon, Shanks? Who gonna be the rescuer? Maybe Squardo? Yes it has to be Squardo i think.

Pix™
January 23, 2010, 12:09 PM
we sure this is real? didn't apprentice leave 2ch and go to another site to post spoilers?

no one said that it's sure.
is pending.

beastboy
January 23, 2010, 12:11 PM
But Robit in thee cover is weird.. I'll say is fake until I have a pic of a cellphone showing the post in 2ch

urlaub
January 23, 2010, 12:12 PM
I changed my mind, it is gonna be Iva and Jinbei, plus Squardo.

ScratchmenApoo
January 23, 2010, 12:22 PM
Good spoiler, very predictable, though.
I don't understand why you guys are judging on covers ? The way you think that every chapter there has to be a different person. Has Oda specifically said somewhere:"On the cover I will draw all the crewmembers alone each chapter" or something ?
The spoilers don't say much information, so I can't judge how interesting it will be. Doesn't look very exciting.

chess4
January 23, 2010, 12:41 PM
spoiler sounds good. i guess we will get to see more of sengoku's power

urlaub
January 23, 2010, 12:42 PM
The spoilers don't say much information, so I can't judge how interesting it will be. Doesn't look very exciting.

Well, for me it sounds really interesting. One of the best chapters in a long time, if this spoiler is true.

Last week people were bashing the spoiler, but it turned out to be true, so...

Samui
January 23, 2010, 01:18 PM
All crew members were on the first page once, except the two chapter with color pages, so Oda restart from the beginning and Robin ( and probably chopper next week)
Why the hell would he do that. He supposed to start a new Side Story this week.

Bertosch
January 23, 2010, 01:33 PM
Why the hell would he do that. He supposed to start a new Side Story this week.

Where did u get that information?

Btw I am very excited about the fight between Sengoku and WB, in case the spoiler isn't fake ;)

Ace must be the natural enemy for Aokiji, so there will be the first victory for him :D

chess4
January 23, 2010, 01:37 PM
awwwww man jozu is missing an arm. wonder is he going to be the same after this. so it seems like WB and his top 3 vs sengoku and the 3 admirals. these people will decide this battle

Desman
January 23, 2010, 01:38 PM
Pretty reasonable spoiler since Sengoku himself even tried to execute Ace, and he also made Luffy earlier big target by revealing that Luffy is Dragons son. I think that spoiler might be true.. Just wondering, that pirates dont have escape route ready, because ships were sinked, now they are in forced combat without exit. Lets hope that WB owns. Jozu could really have lost his arm because that was where he got frozen. Marco.. did someone find key or did he cut his own arm and regenerated it? Good chances for both. Can't wait to see Ace in action :).

WinningDays
January 23, 2010, 01:44 PM
The way the spoiler is written makes it seem like someone just based it off of ch 571 and wasn't actually seeing ch 572, at least in Japanese...

But like half of it will probably happen anyway...
I mean Whitebeard looking like he's gonna die isn't something new.
And Ace and Sengoku have got to do something...
I wouldn't be surprised if the spoiler were completely true.
Well, I guess I would be surprised if Robin got another cover...unless it's the start of another cover serial, but that would be surprising in it's own way.

Pix™
January 23, 2010, 01:48 PM
I'm sorry guys, Idol said: "Apprentice has NOT shown up on the forums yet, someone just posted that spoiler on 2ch and added Apprentice's model to make it look authentic."

So the spoiler is a fake :(

chitgoks
January 26, 2010, 11:02 AM
wow. there's a skeleton pirate. wonder what kind of df he ate
and luffy+ace are now fighting together! weeee!

gesgift
January 26, 2010, 11:06 AM
finally, and I like their pose together, looks like they will fght together. awesome!

Andonan
January 26, 2010, 11:07 AM
looks like WB is going to go nuts and allow them to escape on his ship and while doing so tells luffy to live or something like that, my guess the ship is about to go down, and by ship i mean MHQ!

chess4
January 26, 2010, 11:10 AM
Not an exact translation.Just to summarize.

Ace is rescued & they are happy.The marines can't believe it.But then they point out that there's no escape route.

WB orders them to leave[I think that the ship is Squados]
They don't want to leave WB behind
A speech from WB,,I am remnant of this era--enter the new era you kiddos

The pic size originally itself is too small to make it out

Yans86
January 26, 2010, 11:21 AM
Why is One Piece always so epic?!lol
The panel with Luffy and Ace standing side by side is just WEGONNAPWNUREALLYBAD.........fuck yeah !!!I'm really sorry for WB,at the beginning I didn't have particular interest in him,but in just 20 chapters he had so much development and he showed us so much emotions,moral,badassery power,even funny moments with Luffy,that the possibility of having him in the future is quite sad!!!
Oda is the master,he really knows how to develop a plot,giving us emotions,chills,excitement,misteries,moral values and every possible aspect of the human beings without ever being repetitive,boring and such....well,on the contrary,always surprising his readers to a level that u get so involved to almost forget that this is just a manga(besides special powers)!!
I'm lookin forwards to his work.....AMAZING!!!

sarutobi_sensei
January 26, 2010, 11:23 AM
I knew he would sacrifice himself if he couldn't escape.

Squardo is redeeming himself for what he did.

Bugzee
January 26, 2010, 11:28 AM
This is awesome! :shakefist That panel with Luffy and Ace side by side is sweet!

WB :crying we will never forget you :shakefist

jeffrey91
January 26, 2010, 11:31 AM
Didn't happen much (at least what's showed).
But the chapter is so epic, my guess is that the escape will happed without much trouble an wb staying behind unleashing his powers and prob dying in the end (or goes to ID).

masubiladin
January 26, 2010, 11:31 AM
ok. so WB want everyone leave without him so that he can hold off the marine. But where the heck is Joz (the diamond guy) and Marco. And the super Giant....(can anyone lift it? sinse he unconscious.)
Also WB is one of the 4 king. I wonder who is gonna replace him. Luffy can handle it even though he weak, he gain exp over time and fights. Just like everyone think(include me) that Luffy isjustlike an ant in this war. Turn out he is key. I mean everything will jus work out, u know.

johnnyb7
January 26, 2010, 11:36 AM
was that last bit in reference to roger and whitebeard? i hope we get a flashback showing them both soon

ClinoJustu
January 26, 2010, 11:42 AM
I think , yes , we should see a flashback with Wb ,
watch the last page of the chapter , there is a case of flasback
I don't it's put like this without a sens , so i guess in the next chapter we could have it ;)

GoE
January 26, 2010, 11:42 AM
EPIC!!

that would be cool if WB now make an earthquake destroying MHQ, whirlpool of central and crack Red line (making a "NewGate" lol) to the New World, so the pirates dont need to go through fishman island

Moogle Mango
January 26, 2010, 11:44 AM
Whitebeard!! :sad:crying

chess4
January 26, 2010, 11:44 AM
a lot of us have said it but seems like its really over for WB. i hope he just dies and they dont turn him into a cyborg or pacifista or something. ace is commit suicide after this arc. because of him WB and countless others will have died because of his recklessness.

hopefully we see how marco and jozu are saved. im sure the WG will put a spin on this fight. if WB does die, i think they will say capturing ace was only a means to draw WB out to kill him. killing WB is way bigger than killing ace in the short term anyway.

one thing is for sure, the ole boy will go out like a champ.

Zatono
January 26, 2010, 11:45 AM
Well, seems like WB is going to die, finally. Losing Ace is one thing, but getting to kill WB is probably a much better prize. Actually, I think it's sort of equal, I mean, letting Roger's flesh and blood son escape is probably going to be a huge deal, and it's almost certain the marines will lose some sort of stature since their whole military force lost to the WB pirates in the end. That's like saying if WB and Shanks came together to fight the marines, the marines would of been obliterated.

s4suke uchiha
January 26, 2010, 11:48 AM
lol...my prediction was right...! they would better fleeing.

Youbba
January 26, 2010, 11:51 AM
WB staying behind to allow the pirates to escape !!!!!!
There is no way that Luffy can accept this remenber he lost Bon Clay like that in Impel Down, WB will live for sure.

chess4
January 26, 2010, 11:54 AM
Well, seems like WB is going to die, finally. Losing Ace is one thing, but getting to kill WB is probably a much better prize. Actually, I think it's sort of equal, I mean, letting Roger's flesh and blood son escape is probably going to be a huge deal, and it's almost certain the marines will lose some sort of stature since their whole military force lost to the WB pirates in the end. That's like saying if WB and Shanks came together to fight the marines, the marines would of been obliterated.

would love to see what shanks is doing. so i guess all of us predicting eithther rayleigh, BB, the rookies, or dragon showing has a much lesser chance of happening now.

i think the last line about WB going after treasure, is rogers talking to WB

WB knows about the will of d, so apparently rogers told him, and thats probably why WB did not kill ace when he challenged him

Bugzee
January 26, 2010, 11:55 AM
:darn It would suck if Marco & Joz go down with WB :( I want them to escape as well damn it :shakefist

hahah lol GoE is funny 'NewGate' you know :XD Nice :Gaipose

Gats
January 26, 2010, 12:00 PM
Well a classic chapter, an escape where the old is sacrifying himself for the young, whatever it sounds very nice. I wonder what would be the Rookies utility there.

Shiro-kun
January 26, 2010, 12:00 PM
Whitebeard Pirates winning is probably going to be Pyrrhic Victory , since whitebeard and Fodder seem they are about to die

In a way Marines actually won , but a True Victory for The Marines to have won was have Both Ace and Whitebeard dead at the end of the batttle... So the marines are bout the same as The Pirates..

- Marco if left behind is going to be captured , and Joz ......is he dead?

Yans86
January 26, 2010, 12:02 PM
"This is the last order of your captain. Everyone, on the boat!"

"Don't start talking about "last" and that stuff!"

"I and you part here. Everyone, you'll have to live and carry on into the
New World!"

"I am the remnant of this era. I won't embark on the ship into the new era."

"Whitebeard...!"

"Continue your long journey. [...]

Marines!!"
(...you are interestet in my treasure? Well, what are you aiming at, Newgate?)

Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying

WB is the man!!!!!!respect!!!!!!!!!!!!!We gonna miss u man!!!
PS
I don't think that having WB die is a better price then having Ace die.Ace is Gol D.Roger son,he likely has the King haki,he is young enough and powerful enough to pwn every most of the main pirates,and he is a D....estined like the "worst" guys in the story...aka Roger,Garp,Luffy,Dragon and Teach...
PPS
Can u imagine what BB will do to shake this world even to a deeper lvl?!damn Oda,unpredictable lovin bastard!!
A little prediction...he is going to free the entire lvl 5 and 6....or even the entire ID making it his crew.Kinda likely that he wants become "The King of the King",the ones that beyond every f****n generation of pirate...PAST,PRESENT and possibly FUTURE(Rokkies and others youngsters)

Sachsenhesse
January 26, 2010, 12:14 PM
if whitebeard does not rockz, who else? he really made a big jump in my favorite character list in this war

let him die like a hero! D:

chess4
January 26, 2010, 12:15 PM
looks like we will get to see what the other hats are doing sooner than later. i said this arc would end within 10 chapters. it may end before march. if this is it for whitebeard then i think we will see something between him and rogers.

after he dies, i wonder who will eat the quake fruit then. koby?

Muhbaer
January 26, 2010, 12:16 PM
:darn It would suck if Marco & Joz go down with WB :( I want them to escape as well damn it :shakefist

hahah lol GoE is funny 'NewGate' you know :XD Nice :Gaipose

maybe all-blue will be created that way as well *g*
fascinating spoilerpics. Ace and Luffy side by side again. WB still conscious,
WB you better leave this world with a BANG!

ScratchmenApoo
January 26, 2010, 12:16 PM
I knew it.. Whitebeard is stubborn and is the only one left behind...
However, he doesn't seem to be struggling to keep the Marines away from the escaping pirates. I hope the Marines do something more to execute Ace rather than just watch. Where are the 3 Admirals, c'mon !?
I know, the spoilers don't tell everything yet...
But gosh, this means this chapter is the one of the last if not the last of the 'war arc'.
New Year begins with the New Era in the New World. Thank you, Oda.

llmcduff
January 26, 2010, 12:18 PM
Since Oda doesn't like to kill character, it'd be strange if WB dies. I think he will escape then die instead of being killed.

A paddle ship? Isn't it kind of small?

What about Oar?

masubiladin
January 26, 2010, 12:20 PM
However guys. did anyone see the picture of luffy get on the ship? I dont think Luffy will allow WB to die cause ...well he dont do what WB said yo know. And in another way of thinking. WB is the rival of Luffy. Luffy wont let his rival die in that way. They did not even compete anything.
...Im hoping to see SH pirate now. Zoro, sanji,... to see if what power did they gain. You know likw Zoro have the power of god (asura) and Sanji have the power of demon(his leg turn to flame, forgot the name)

ScratchmenApoo
January 26, 2010, 12:21 PM
lol... It'd be amazing if the pirates are leaving, Luffy says something like "You have taken care of Ace for a long time ossan, I'm not leaving you here" then stretches out his arm and grabs him with them.

goldb
January 26, 2010, 12:24 PM
As many guessed, WB would sacrifice himself in order to save his children, what a hero.

urlaub
January 26, 2010, 12:25 PM
Would have been hard not to see that coming...

masubiladin
January 26, 2010, 12:25 PM
lol... It'd be amazing if the pirates are leaving, Luffy says something like "You have taken care of Ace for a long time ossan, I'm not leaving you here" then stretches out his arm and grabs him with them
ah um....*sob sob* im sure it wont be that easy friend

sarutobi_sensei
January 26, 2010, 12:37 PM
Since Oda doesn't like to kill character, it'd be strange if WB dies. I think he will escape then die instead of being killed.

What about Oar?

A paddle ship is a ship with paddles xD not necessarily a small ship. that last moby dick (the black one) it was a paddle ship and it was big :D

I'm guessing that they won't really escape now.

Btw if we see WB dying it will be on a flashback. We won't really see him dying.

lol... It'd be amazing if the pirates are leaving, Luffy says something like "You have taken care of Ace for a long time ossan, I'm not leaving you here" then stretches out his arm and grabs him with them.
I'd be :o if Luffy did that.

I so wanna see the chapter.

Shiro-kun
January 26, 2010, 12:40 PM
This is how Whitebeard should go out , anything else seems to his character as injustice

So Whitebeard sacrificing himself to save everyone , seems to fit him how he has been built up through out this arc

Bonfire01
January 26, 2010, 12:42 PM
The chapter ended up being pretty much what people expected with the pirates making a quick escape (didn't seem much point in showing more fights since the pirates just wanted to move away from the strongest marines / shib) and WB deciding to die to let them escape.

As far as people dying in OP being very very rare and people expecting WB to be saved.... I think it will end up being a bit of a special case because he was dying anyway (unless he just enjoyed being hooked up to a few iv drips etc) AND we've been building up to the "new era" with a lot of characters commenting on it. WB dying in itself makes it a new era. He was almost certainly the most powerful of the Yonkai if you bear in mind his relatively huge crew, all his allies and the fact he was still known as the strongest man in the world. If we bear in mind Shanks only has 1 crew in a ship much smaller than the moby dick, then, personal strength aside he would be less "powerful" in the new world... he also held off one other yonkai with his crew so they must be fairly equal and the one we don't even know the name of... well... can't be sure about him/her.

So if you kill off WB it leaves a large power vacuum in the new world, it will cause a lot of instability too (esp in fishman island where we've been told by Jimbei that WB was the only reason it was safe) and pave the way for the new generation to take over.

All in all looks like a brilliant chapter. A few epic panels and a lot of story progression. Can't wait for the inevitable flash back next issue :).

Marche
January 26, 2010, 12:50 PM
I like the idea of BB, the things that he says, the fact that he wants to sacrifice himself for "his own children", for "the new generation of pirates".
However I hope and I believe that the pirates, for some motive, they won't succeed in escaping, at least not immediately.
I think that Akainu will also destroy that ship, or Magellan will arrive, so the pirates will be in trap.
However I think that will appear who has opened the door of the justice (I hope that he has not shown yet because is waiting for reinforcements or himself has gone to take reinforcements...), and also the Supernova will came.

gesgift
January 26, 2010, 12:50 PM
The chapter ended up being pretty much what people expected with the pirates making a quick escape (didn't seem much point in showing more fights since the pirates just wanted to move away from the strongest marines / shib) and WB deciding to die to let them escape.

As far as people dying in OP being very very rare and people expecting WB to be saved.... I think it will end up being a bit of a special case because he was dying anyway (unless he just enjoyed being hooked up to a few iv drips etc) AND we've been building up to the "new era" with a lot of characters commenting on it. WB dying in itself makes it a new era. He was almost certainly the most powerful of the Yonkai if you bear in mind his relatively huge crew, all his allies and the fact he was still known as the strongest man in the world. If we bear in mind Shanks only has 1 crew in a ship much smaller than the moby dick, then, personal strength aside he would be less "powerful" in the new world... he also held off one other yonkai with his crew so they must be fairly equal and the one we don't even know the name of... well... can't be sure about him/her.

So if you kill off WB it leaves a large power vacuum in the new world, it will cause a lot of instability too (esp in fishman island where we've been told by Jimbei that WB was the only reason it was safe) and pave the way for the new generation to take over.

All in all looks like a brilliant chapter. A few epic panels and a lot of story progression. Can't wait for the inevitable flash back next issue :).

Was there any mentioning of marco and Jaws in the spoiler? 'Cause with them, they still would make an awesomly powerfull crew, maybe almost on the par with the Yonkou? (even if I don't have the slightest idea how strong the 3 other emperors might be...)

Razh
January 26, 2010, 12:58 PM
Can't wait to see what's left of Marineford after Whitebeard dies. He doesn't need to hold back now that he's surrounded by enemies alone. It's going to be awesome.

I still think it's not over though. Pirates could end up being chased by marine ships.
That would be a nice time to show Supernovas with their ships coming to help out. If that doesn't happen, I'll totally lose respect for them. Wussies.

Truefan21
January 26, 2010, 01:01 PM
Please Oda kill WB I am begging you. Make me proud. Don't make it a pell moment.
Don't let WB die in a flashback, I would lose respect towards you.

Ametatsu
January 26, 2010, 01:04 PM
My prediction??
Everybody but WB will escape. Then Kuma will paw paw WB's ass to Amazon Lily, where he'll spend the rest of his life, marry one of the gorgon sisters and have 12 kids.

hhv94
January 26, 2010, 01:08 PM
WOOHOO! Some nice scans and spoilers! Wow...sad to see Whitebeared telling his men to leave him there and escape. :( Either way looking forward to the whole chapter!

tobito
January 26, 2010, 01:19 PM
PORTUGUESE translation of pshankarc spoiler

Source:Onemangaforums
Credits:Puma D. Ace

Title "the Times They Are A-Changin'"
Título: "Os Tempos Estão a Mudar"

The freed Ace and his little brother go on kicking the marines
Ace e o seu irmão mais novo combatem a marinha

Although Whitebeard and his crew reached their goal, there is no way out
Whitebeard e a tripulação atingiram o seu objectivo mas não há escapatória possível.

The, suddenly, the ground is moving and Squad appears in a paddleboat
De repente, o terreno movimenta-se e Squad aparece num barco a remos

"We're gonna take over this battelfield!"
"Nós vamos dominar este campo de batalha!"

But Whitebeard is nonforgiving
Mas Whitebeard não perdoa

"This is the last order of your captain. Everyone, on the boat!"
"Esta é a última ordem do vosso capitão. Todos para o barco!"

"Pops?!"
"Don't start talking about "last" and that stuff!"
"Não comeces a falar em "último" e esse tipo de coisas!"

"I and you part here. Everyone, you'll have to live and carry on into the
New World!"
"Nós separa-mo-nos aqui. Vocês todos têm de viver e continuar no Novo Mundo!"

They don't confirm, but no one opposess their captains orders.
Eles não confirmam, mas ninguém se opõe às ordens dos capitães.

The pirates board the vessel and depart.
Os piratas entram a bordo da embarcação e partem.

"Pops!" "Old man!"

"I am the remnant of this era. I won't embark on the ship into the new era."
"Eu sou os restos desta era. Não vou embarcar para a nova era."

"Whitebeard...!"

"Continue your long journey. [...]
"Continuem a vossa longa jornada. [...]

Marines!!"

redred
January 26, 2010, 01:34 PM
My prediction??
Everybody but WB will escape. Then Kuma will paw paw WB's ass to Amazon Lily, where he'll spend the rest of his life, marry one of the gorgon sisters and have 12 kids.

ahaha, oh man if only.
whitebeard is going to get a horrible horrible death :P
hes probably gonna do some major damage to the marines and maybe even the island
and then its likely he'll be shot and stabbed about 800 times

Muhbaer
January 26, 2010, 01:47 PM
ahaha, oh man if only.
hes probably gonna do some major damage to the marines and maybe even the island

would be cool if he beats the crap out of each admiral with one big quake and then dies, with the pirates able to escape without hindrance

radicalbyte
January 26, 2010, 01:49 PM
He's going to go all Gandalf in Moria on us.

Zatono
January 26, 2010, 01:51 PM
ahaha, oh man if only.

So much for almost no one dies in One Piece, by the way. This death is apparently going to mark where the new Era begins, so damn, WB was a badass from start to finish.

beastboy
January 26, 2010, 01:53 PM
R.I.P White Beard!

And now, I hope he dies, but a flash back of his fight with Roger would be so cool!

ScratchmenApoo
January 26, 2010, 01:54 PM
I also think this will be a half-way marker for the story of One Piece, killing off one of the most important characters in the seas, if Oda indeed does so. This may be just a small hint of what horrible battles and awesome joy there is yet to come.

Lostromos
January 26, 2010, 01:54 PM
Well, seems like WB is going to die, finally. Losing Ace is one thing, but getting to kill WB is probably a much better prize. Actually, I think it's sort of equal, I mean, letting Roger's flesh and blood son escape is probably going to be a huge deal, and it's almost certain the marines will lose some sort of stature since their whole military force lost to the WB pirates in the end.

Well the Death of WB was going to come anyway sooner or later , he was really old and sick. So actually killing The strongest man on the world who on the otherhand was already at the end of his life is not as important as letting Ace escape who has his whole life in front of him, therefore to be a big threat for the rest 50+ years or beeing humiliated on the world (since they didnt acomplish executing Ace).

sry for my english

Gats
January 26, 2010, 01:58 PM
The world just doesn't know about WB illness, so the Marine taking him down would still be fine I guess. The Marine version for the public would be something like "hey we used Ace to kill WB, so we won".

Bugzee
January 26, 2010, 02:01 PM
I really hope WB quakes the f**k out of Marineford...now that would be sweet!!! :shakefist A flashback would be really cool as well... so we can see what a very young WB looked like :smile-big

About the idea of Luffy refusing to let WB stay by himself while everyone else escapes...hmmm I don't think he will imo. I think Luffy has gained a lot of knowledge through his experiences in Impel Down and more importantly throughout this war. WB's era is long gone now. He understands now about the new era.....that is waiting for him....:)

Pix™
January 26, 2010, 02:05 PM
Soruce: Juin Jutsu Team (http://juinjutsuteam.forumcommunity.net/)
Credit: Never & Idol
Verification: Confirmed

Questa traduzione è stata fatta direttamente dal giapponese, se volete usarla per il vostro forum/sito/blog, lasciate il link al juin jutsu team, grazie.

Titolo: "The Times They Are A-Changin'"
Sulla cover Vivi

Ace è stato liberato, ed insieme a Rufy sferra l'attacco alla marina.
L'obbiettivo dei pirati di Barbabianca è stato finalmente raggiunto, ma per loro non c'è via di fuga.
All'improvviso compare una pattuglia a bordo di una nave da guerra che corre sulla terraferma.

"A questa guerra ci pensiamo noi!"

Però Barbabianca non lo permette.

"Questo È l'ultimo ordine del vostro capitano. Uomini, salite tutti a bordo di quella nave!"

"Vecchio!?" "Non dire cose di questo tipo, portano sfortuna!" (roba come "ultimo ordine")

"Ci separiamo qui! Uomini, rimanete assolutamente in vita e raggiungete il nuovo mondo!"

Anche se non hanno intenzione di seguire l'ordine, i pirati non possono opporsi al volere del loro capitano
I pirati salgono a bordo della nave e salpano.

"Vecchio!" (oyaji) "Vecchio!" (ossan)

"Io sono uno dei sopravvissuti di quest'epoca. Nella Nuova Era non c'è una nave sulla quale io possa salire a bordo."

"Barbabianca...!"

"Continuate il vostro lungo viaggio. Io devo affrontare la mia resa dei conti con la marina...!"

Youbba
January 26, 2010, 02:12 PM
About the idea of Luffy refusing to let WB stay by himself while everyone else escapes...hmmm I don't think he will imo. I think Luffy has gained a lot of knowledge through his experiences in Impel Down and more importantly throughout this war. WB's era is long gone now. He understands now about the new era.....that is waiting for him....:)

WB is about to do the same thing that Bon clay have done in Impel Down, there is no way that Luffy is going to accept it.

nightshade_nova
January 26, 2010, 02:13 PM
Yeah...just as suspected
"the man who holds the power to destroy the world"

wb's been holding back cos his aim was saving ace
now that ace escaped, marine hq is so toasted

cant wait to read this week's chapter,

and next week we'll sure get some epic double pages as well

sarutobi_sensei
January 26, 2010, 02:21 PM
The world just doesn't know about WB illness, so the Marine taking him down would still be fine I guess. The Marine version for the public would be something like "hey we used Ace to kill WB, so we won".

Exactly. The WG will still "win" after this. WB dies to save the others. Ace doesn't die but one of the emperors dies.

What's going to happen to Fishman Island now :\

Moogle Mango
January 26, 2010, 02:26 PM
Exactly. The WG will still "win" after this. WB dies to save the others. Ace doesn't die but one of the emperors dies.

Maybe. Maybe it will also stir the rest of the emperors, and pirates, causing even more trouble for the WG.

sarutobi_sensei
January 26, 2010, 02:35 PM
But in the end the WG wins, well kinda. They wanted to end the late Pirate King's legacy but couldn't. Now WB will be the start of the new Era.

I'm betting that even Doflamingo will go back to being a pirate :D

Thinking of evil people, Teach is still bound to happen. I'm betting he is the one to take out WB if WB doesn't die because of the injuries, pain, overuse of his powers and illness.

PH3000
January 26, 2010, 02:36 PM
ok wb sacrificing himself for his sons is nothin unexpected... squardo's role is a bit suprising i expected his help in another way^^

Maybe. Maybe it will also stir the rest of the emperors, and pirates, causing even more trouble for the WG.

wb opens a yonkou seat and how many pirates do you think will run for it? it'll cause a lot of trouble for sure.

aaaahhhhhrg wanna read the chapter:darn

Poneglyph420
January 26, 2010, 02:37 PM
I'm glad to hear it's all going as planned...
WB will sacrifice himself as he's foreshadowed...

Can it really be that easy?? I do think it's time this arc gets movin' no doubt...
But after all this build up I'd hope it's going to be an epic ending!

This will for sure lead to the rampaging age IMO...

jamjamstyle
January 26, 2010, 02:42 PM
I'm curious what the hell Sengoku will claim after this war but due to Luffy's actions, everything resulted in the WG biggest loss:

They achieved victory by killing Whitebeard? He was already dying due to disease/age and the only thing the Marine achieved in this war was gaining his dead corpse.

It's very clear, this war was once again won by pirates.. first Enies Lobby and this time Marineford. Whitebeard's goal is achieved and that's securing someone young who still has his whole life ahead of him to take his place in the new era.

The new era is going to start like everyone predicted but it's included with such huge future threats like Ace and Luffy who both carry on the will of D... and they were just inch away from Sengoku who could've put a end to it hahahah he really should be ashamed of himself lol.

Bugzee
January 26, 2010, 02:44 PM
WB is about to do the same thing that Bon clay have done in Impel Down, there is no way that Luffy is going to accept it.

Bon Clay was much closer to Luffy! WB has a whole fleet of pirates that were with him for a very long time and I'm sure they'll show a sign of resistance and refusal but it's WB's last request/command as captain. Luffy may not accept it but I can't see him doing much to prevent WB from falling by the hands of the Admirals & Sengoku. Luffy's intentions/aim was to RESCUE & SAVE ACE!

Well, I guess you can say Luffy will try his best to save WB. I can see Ace doing it more tbh.

But in the end the WG wins, well kinda. They wanted to end the late Pirate King's legacy but couldn't. Now WB will be the start of the new Era.

I'm betting that even Doflamingo will go back to being a pirate :D

Thinking of evil people, Teach is still bound to happen. I'm betting he is the one to take out WB if WB doesn't die because of the injuries, pain, overuse of his powers and illness.

It's going to be very interesting if BB arrives at Marineford while the pirates escape. I guess BB's has a strong possiblity of replacing WB as a Yonkou?!? :blink

Scion
January 26, 2010, 02:56 PM
I want to say some things.

First of all let's begin with the actual spoilers. I think it's the ending that we all expected - pirates leaving the scene with Whitebeard sacrificing himself to buy them time - but it's also nice and fitting.

I agree too that this is a victory of the Marines this time. Yes, Ace might have not died but they got Whitebeard that at least in this timeline/age is far more a threat to them and far more powerful than Ace. Sure this was a war and there was a loss, the loss of ace and their humiliation by a rookie but still they got one of the yonku's what more could they be wanting?

Secondly i wanted to say about blackbeard. All those people that hope he will join the war and kill whitebeard, i don't agree. I think that it would be foolish for Blackbeard and with such small crew to get there now. The marine force is just too vast and now he is a wanted man after the impel down incident and him not participating in the war. I dont think he would risk getting caught. I think that he will show some of his power to the world by destroying something or causing some incident that he may be treated as a new yonku.

Sorry about the wall :P

jiminy
January 26, 2010, 02:56 PM
I like that the pirates escape and left WB to hold the Marines off

it gives more mystery as to what df Sengoku has

and wouldnt it be a twist if, doflamingo uses his df to attach to the paddle boat and pull it back?

topkomputer
January 26, 2010, 03:09 PM

What about Oar?

Oda did kill Bellemere, nami's mother, Olivia robin's mother. So he might kill a father right now.

PH3000
January 26, 2010, 03:10 PM
Secondly i wanted to say about blackbeard. All those people that hope he will join the war and kill whitebeard, i don't agree. I think that it would be foolish for Blackbeard and with such small crew to get there now. The marine force is just too vast and now he is a wanted man after the impel down incident and him not participating in the war. I dont think he would risk getting caught. I think that he will show some of his power to the world by destroying something or causing some incident that he may be treated as a new yonku.

i agree with you... bb isn`t that strong that he could handle wb and mhq.. and not that dumb.

Scion
January 26, 2010, 03:18 PM
i agree with you... bb isn`t that strong that he could handle wb and mhq.. and not that dumb.

Yeah i mean ok he has the yami yami no mi and it is powerfull but come on. How can he go up against 3 admirals garp sengoku and whitebeard? Someone will attack him and someone will kill him in the end.

So am pretty sure he is a dead no for joining the war(although it kinda ends with this chapter :P )

RichardMNixon
January 26, 2010, 03:19 PM
Anyone else think the guy in the spoiler referring to Newgate is a flashback to a conversation with Roger?

Also yeah, I'd call this a draw at best, pirate victory at worst. The marines started this war over Ace, not over WB. They weren't trying to trap WB, they were trying to kill Roger's son. The fact of the matter is the pirates succeeded at their objective and the marines failed at theirs. Plus, most people were pretty sure Dragon was up to no good during this time. You'd also have to be assuming WB isn't going to take anyone down with him. It might be time for someone else to head off to Nirvana if you catch my drift.

Mike050
January 26, 2010, 03:25 PM
I'm thinking that Whitebeard is going to go all out with his last strength and sink the whole island, taking out or incapacitating a hoarde of people.

BlkHorus
January 26, 2010, 03:35 PM

I really wouldn't say its a win for the WG because to the rest of the they will wonder why was Ace let go and on top of that why a rookie was able to break out of ID and escape a war so big with the connections he has to people. I mean really, Luffy being the son of the most wanted criminal in the OP world, brother to the son of Roger, and the rookie to assault a tennryubito and get away from all of the Marine's strongest forces in one place. After this war, the WG is going to look pretty silly to the pirates of the world and definitely have mixed views among the public just because of Strawhat doing all he has done and not dying in that war. He will have to get a larger bounty since the Marines will want him dead all the more. And that alone will say volumes to the people about what really happened that wasn't shown.

PH3000
January 26, 2010, 03:39 PM
Perhaps WG goes crazy after this and tries to kill every last pirate in the whole world?
It would be a time in which only the best pirates could survive, like doflamingo was talking at ....island, where he killed bellami.

The wg has to do something cuz the people will definatly lose trust in it.

Franckie
January 26, 2010, 03:43 PM
No mention of BB? I can't see how Oda can avoid a huge plothole if BB doesn't show up before WB's death and explains why he wanted the Shichibukai title before going to Impel Down.

PH3000
January 26, 2010, 03:47 PM
No mention of BB? I can't see how Oda can avoid a huge plothole if BB doesn't show up before WB's death and explains why he wanted the Shichibukai title before going to Impel Down.

phps he wanted the title for easygoing to id? who knows what bb plans? and like already said, i don't think he will show up in mhq...

Marche
January 26, 2010, 03:49 PM
I really wouldn't say its a win for the WG because to the rest of the they will wonder why was Ace let go and on top of that why a rookie was able to break out of ID and escape a war so big with the connections he has to people. I mean really, Luffy being the son of the most wanted criminal in the OP world, brother to the son of Roger, and the rookie to assault a tennryubito and get away from all of the Marine's strongest forces in one place. After this war, the WG is going to look pretty silly to the pirates of the world and definitely have mixed views among the public just because of Strawhat doing all he has done and not dying in that war. He will have to get a larger bounty since the Marines will want him dead all the more. And that alone will say volumes to the people about what really happened that wasn't shown.I agee with you.
Without counting that all in the archipelago Shabondy has seen Squardo stab WB, therefore the world knows that WB was wounded (if nobody had seen him you/they could distort the history).

deffkryz
January 26, 2010, 03:51 PM

Well Luffy could grab Whitebeard's robe only that like a miracle falls on "DokeSuteki no Buggy" - as a sign that he's supposed to take Whitebeard's place, of course. :P

I wonder what happened to Jozu and Marco though... And on this spoilerpic (http://img19.imageshack.us/i/1264519500633.jpg/)... It seems like Ace blocking an attack from Aokiji? I read some "アイス ..."/"Ice" (probably new attack from Aokiji) and "...火炎" (new attack from Ace)

Franckie
January 26, 2010, 03:56 PM
phps he wanted the title for easygoing to id? who knows what bb plans? and like already said, i don't think he will show up in mhq...

He doesn't need the Shichibukai title to storm ID. Croc even posed this question during the IP Arc, meaning Oda is aware of the problem.

BB not showing up during this "war" renders useless all the foreshadowing that's been building up ever since Shanks' confrontation with WB.

LongLiveOnePiece
January 26, 2010, 04:05 PM
it was pretty much expected. i m talking about WB's sacrifice.but it's another thing to expect and another to see it live.!!!!! its gonna be awesome really.now show us some serious proof for being the strongest man alive( for the moment at least).i think after this arc WB has earned the respect of everyone because -personally at least- i didnt like the way he treated Shanks.he looked like a villain..which is untrue.he is so f%!^!%&g GOD :P go quake them all

goldb
January 26, 2010, 04:09 PM
BB already states that he needed the Shichibukai title in order to get to Impel Down. What he now wants is a different story. Cant wait for the rest of the pigs to come out.

DARK
January 26, 2010, 04:10 PM
Good chapter as always.
As far as spoilers go, it wasn't really that much but nevertheless was still important.
I'm rather curious of the direction Oda will take after he "kills off" Whitebeard (i.e. new era).

Zojo
January 26, 2010, 04:10 PM
He doesn't need the Shichibukai title to storm ID. Croc even posed this question during the IP Arc, meaning Oda is aware of the problem.

BB not showing up during this "war" renders useless all the foreshadowing that's been building up ever since Shanks' confrontation with WB.

I'd say the status helped immensely. Not only did it secure him with a Marine battleship, it also helped him use the Marine's current and have the Gates of Justice opened for him.

His Status may have been incredibly essential.

PH3000
January 26, 2010, 04:11 PM

oO sry i never meant that he won't show up, but i don't expect him to appear in mhq... he would be throwing his life away. he could do something horrible in every part of the world he can reach in that short time.

BlkHorus
January 26, 2010, 04:12 PM

Several people keep thinking that since BB said he will do something to shake the world to the core - that it has to be done during the war. It doesn't really have to be done during that. Think about it, the war is going on and just more chaos to put all focus on him. That wouldn't be smart at all. BB knows that he isn't strong enough yet to have taken on WB. Whatever he is doing in ID will be made known, but at this point who would anyone even learn of something at ID since all the focus was on Marineford. No on at Marineford was focused on other things going on outside of its coast to deal with WB. The war was the biggest concern on their minds and all their energy was on it. If BB is going to do something, it would have to happen after the war when things are starting to be looked outside of it. I mean with all attention there, no one is worrying about anything else. Now, BB can do whatever he was gonna do and it will be revealed, but it doesn't mean it has to go on at the same time as everything else.

I mean really, technically after teh war it is still hours later from when BB said what he would do since luffy escaped from ID and got to the war and is leaving the war all in one day. Its only in the afternoon so far since Ace's execution was for 3 and got pushed up. So just give some time and wait to see how the attention will shift again once everything is settled a bit.

Franckie
January 26, 2010, 04:13 PM
BB already states that he needed the Shichibukai title in order to get to Impel Down. What he now wants is a different story. Cant wait for the rest of the pigs to come out.

When did this happen?

Razh
January 26, 2010, 04:19 PM
When did this happen?

When Crocodile asked him how come he threw away the title of Shichibukai so fast after obtaining it. Blackbeard just said that it was all part of the plan. Doesn't take a genius to figure out what he had meant.

beastboy
January 26, 2010, 04:31 PM

The rest of the pigs, are there any pigs in OP??? A Pig Zoan would be great(kidding)!

Wow.. if that Flash Back has Roger in it, then Flash Back Time!!
WB vs Roger would be greeaaaat!

M.D.Ace
January 26, 2010, 04:33 PM
i predict that when the news gets round that wb is dead, we will finally get to see the remaining yonkus.. oda would probably have each of them either making a comment like 'it was his time' or laughing or just looking at the newspaper with a stern face. maybe not even showing their face and just showing someone looking at the newspaper with the camera just showing the hand holding the newspaper then a crew member calls their name or something then we know its them and then we see how they look. what eva happens, im sure that oda wouldnt leave wb's death without us seein kaidos reaction to it or shanks or the other yonku

Franckie
January 26, 2010, 04:40 PM
When Crocodile asked him how come he threw away the title of Shichibukai so fast after obtaining it. Blackbeard just said that it was all part of the plan. Doesn't take a genius to figure out what he had meant.

Croc stated that BB is risking his title by coming to ID. Nothing has been confirmed about him actually losing it. It still doesn't make sense why BB wanted the title to begin with him only to toss is away by breaking into ID. He doesn't need the title to actually do that.

exacta
January 26, 2010, 04:43 PM
Whitebeard better do something really amazing next chapter if Oda's gonna kill him off without giving him a proper showdown.And I mean amazing. I really am not satisfied with the amount of action we've seen from Whitebeard, Marco, Joz, the Shichibukai, Sengoku, and a few other characters.

PH3000
January 26, 2010, 04:47 PM
I'd say the status helped immensely. Not only did it secure him with a Marine battleship, it also helped him use the Marine's current and have the Gates of Justice opened for him.

His Status may have been incredibly essential.

That for first, and we both know that bb gives a f*** off a sichibukai title;) Hell he spent so many time in wb's crew, something in his plan has to go fast :-D

k-dom
January 26, 2010, 04:55 PM
Wow, that the fastest escape ever, when I think that last week some of us forecasted at least 10 chapters :-). Oda sure is hasty to go further.
What I'm curious about is what will do Hancock, will she go with Luffy or stay with the marines ?
Also I don't think Luffy will stop Whitebeard, it is like the 100 years fight of the giants, this decision deserve respect as the ultimate one of a true warrior and he will not counter it.

bittman
January 26, 2010, 05:02 PM
Yawwwwwwn. Predictable.

I'm also hesitant to judge on 4 pages, but it looks like the marines just proved how worthless they are. Aokoji should be able to free the ocean and stop the paddleboat. Kizaru could tele to it and blow holes in it. Akainu could just melt the thing. Sengoku could smash it. A half decent canon shot can destroy a freaking paddleboat. Any of the Shichibukai on an off day could cut it in half or blow it to smithereens.

I'll wait for the next 12-15 pages to be released before I rage properly.

Marche
January 26, 2010, 05:03 PM
Wow, that the fastest escape ever, when I think that last week some of us forecasted at least 10 chapters :-). Oda sure is hasty to go further.
What I'm curious about is what will do Hancock, will she go with Luffy or stay with the marines ?
Also I don't think Luffy will stop Whitebeard, it is like the 100 years fight of the giants, this decision deserve respect as the ultimate one of a true warrior and he will not counter it.I agree with You, is the same of "Giants fight".

Lord Rayleigh
January 26, 2010, 05:09 PM
I don't think there's any revelation left in this arc for one of the important characters. Oda has already shown us a lot about Shichibukai, Marines and Pirates - DF powers, abilities and strenght.
Only 3 VA are still totally unknown - Strawberry, Doberman and Yamazaki - I guess we'd have to wait later in the NW. As for the NW pirates, the majority of them have been shown.
So, now that Ace is free, it's good that the war is going to find a conclusion within the next weeks.

MokiSenpai
January 26, 2010, 05:19 PM
It's kinda disappointing that the shichibukai stayed in the background "at the end". Maybe we will see some action before the great escape.
[hr]

Whitebeard better do something really amazing next chapter if Oda's gonna kill him off without giving him a proper showdown.And I mean amazing. I really am not satisfied with the amount of action we've seen from Whitebeard, Marco, Joz, the Shichibukai, Sengoku, and a few other characters.

Second that. I think the reason for the marines didn't (can't) stop the escapies is because Whitebeard gonna go down with a real flash :D I mean "rock the whole island" kinda flash :D It would be nice to see Marineford turn into rubble, ensuring the moral victory for Whitebeard and the others.

k-dom
January 26, 2010, 05:21 PM
Yawwwwwwn. Predictable.

I'm also hesitant to judge on 4 pages, but it looks like the marines just proved how worthless they are. Aokoji should be able to free the ocean and stop the paddleboat. Kizaru could tele to it and blow holes in it. Akainu could just melt the thing. Sengoku could smash it. A half decent canon shot can destroy a freaking paddleboat. Any of the Shichibukai on an off day could cut it in half or blow it to smithereens.

I'll wait for the next 12-15 pages to be released before I rage properly.

since you didn't like this arc, aren't you happy it ends rapidly :-)

pobeb
January 26, 2010, 05:28 PM
I understand that Oda wants to transition to the New World arc asap, but he's not going to just end, what is undoubtedly one of the greatest battles in the history of manga, on the note that the spoiler is suggesting. If that were the case, he wouldn't have forshadowed the Supernovas arrival or how strong the Pacafistas are. Hell, as long as the Admirals are around, no one is going anywhere. So, there's a good deal more to happen with this battle. Just because Ace is free and they're "escaping" doesn't mean that they've "escaped".

ocajavati
January 26, 2010, 05:35 PM
I understand that Oda wants to transition to the New World arc asap, but he's not going to just end, what is undoubtedly one of the greatest battles in the history of manga, on the note that the spoiler is suggesting. If that were the case, he wouldn't have forshadowed the Supernovas arrival or how strong the Pacafistas are. Hell, as long as the Admirals are around, no one is going anywhere. So, there's a good deal more to happen with this battle. Just because Ace is free and they're "escaping" doesn't mean that they've "escaped".

Not really. Like Sengoku said, Whitebeard has the ability to destroy the world.

If the entire island is in jeopardy, the admiral's priority shifts. At the present situation, Whitebeard probably realizes the need for him to act, and, to avoid further casualty, chooses to stay behind.

Oda will surprise us yet. :tem

elitefox
January 26, 2010, 05:42 PM
Not really. Like Sengoku said, Whitebeard has the ability to destroy the world.

If the entire island is in jeopardy, the admiral's priority shifts. At the present situation, Whitebeard probably realizes the need for him to act, and, to avoid further casualty, chooses to stay behind.

Oda will surprise us yet. :tem

all admirals and sengoku might go for WB at the same time and leave the rest of the marines to deal with the escaping pirates:darn

I had thought squardo will be a key to an escape :D

Bugzee
January 26, 2010, 05:46 PM
I know WB's fall has been greatly forseen/expected by many OP fans. Ace being freed and not dying was also one as well. Some seem to be upset/disappointed by the fighting/action and overall way that the war has gone......but...I say its not :yelling OVER YET!!!! :shakefist

The admirals can still attack the pirates heading towards the paddle ship, Sengoku can still stomp & punch the sh*t out of the fleeing pirates as well :XD.

I guess we all have to wait for more spoilers :shakefist or even better...the early release of the whole chapter! :D

I've enjoyed the war thus far :) It's only going to get better after this arc is done :shakefist

sarutobi_sensei
January 26, 2010, 05:47 PM
Also I don't think Luffy will stop Whitebeard, it is like the 100 years fight of the giants, this decision deserve respect as the ultimate one of a true warrior and he will not counter it.

Yep fastest escape. Even faster than escaping from EL xD

Hancock will jump on the boat with Luffy and everyone will be like :o what's she doing here and she'll be like :tem luffy! and he'll be like :amuse hancock!

and everyone will be like :oh zomg what the hell is he!

Razh
January 26, 2010, 05:48 PM
Croc stated that BB is risking his title by coming to ID. Nothing has been confirmed about him actually losing it. It still doesn't make sense why BB wanted the title to begin with him only to toss is away by breaking into ID. He doesn't need the title to actually do that.

Of course he's risking the title by going against WG. He'll probably lose it the moment Gorosei and Sengoku can take their minds off the battle. You don't really expect Blackbeard to return to his position after all this, do you? I don't know what "shaking the foundations of the world" means, but I can bet it's not something WG will approve of or like.

As for the title itself, it's obvious that Blackbeard didn't need just the title, but the opportunity. We know almost nothing about his plan. Maybe he needed some inside information first. Fact is, he took a marine vessel as soon as he got the opportunity and went straight to Impel Down.
Just a reminder, Impel Down was not called impenetrable because every pirate who felt like it could just sail there and break in.

Akainu
January 26, 2010, 05:59 PM
Please stay on topic guys and discuss the spoilers, thx.

KaoruArimi
January 26, 2010, 06:10 PM
all admirals and sengoku might go for WB at the same time and leave the rest of the marines to deal with the escaping pirates:darn

I had thought squardo will be a key to an escape :D

that would give Squardo too big of a role for such a drop in the bucket type of character. I understand he was used and ended up stabbing WB blah blah blah but WB was sick anyway and that wound I'm sure only made WB's chest a bit itchy. WB got over it and Squardo faded into the background. He made an appearance in 572 but just to give us an update that he's still around and he wants to redeem himself but can't do much to help.

I really think what will happen is retreat on both sides. WB will attempt to destroy the whole island forcing both sides to part ways and take their wounded with them. WB will escape as well heavily wounded and die with his comrades around him after they have escaped and he will pass the torch to Ace. I'm not so worried about the Admirals since there's still alot of healthy opponents to take them on or hold em off such as Ivankov with her powerful winks, she can turn em all into okama if she wanted to, Jimbei, Boa, crocodile, Ace(rejuvenated after being inspired by his comrades and a new found will to live and pure adrenaline). Ace's rescue from Luffy was the climax and it's going to wind down and the arc will conclude soon. I hope the escape won't drag on.

just an assumption as well about Black Beard at Impel Down that Roger was also kept there awaiting execution so Roger may have hidden something at impel down and Black Beard was searching for it. He went there to look for something and he found it... whatever it is. Anyone have any guess's?

BB also said at Impel down that in a few hours he was gonna do something that will rock the world. I wonder what that will be and if it will be explained after this war arc.

beastboy
January 26, 2010, 06:13 PM
Well.. Do we have the last page?? I think we don't :S!!

k-dom
January 26, 2010, 06:14 PM
Come on, the pirate escape and whitebeard sacrifice itself. To me it's the END. Honnestly a pursuit would be lame, cause it would mean that whitebeard last decision is for nothing.
I think we should accept now that there won't be any blackbeard/dragon/shanks/rayleigh/supernova arrival anymore
The only question I have left is who opened the gate, but I suppose we will have an answer somehow

Maybe another chapter next week, but that is the max for me

bittman
January 26, 2010, 06:32 PM
Yeah, agreed with k-dom. WB staying behind means the "war" will end in the next chapter or two (depending how much time Oda gives Whitebeard to show off). Follow that up with a few chapters detailing the aftermath and Luffy going into a coma, and the arc will be officially over in probably the next 3 - 5 chapters.

As for what you said earlier: No I'm not happy its ending. I hate this arc, I think it was weaker than even Kuja Island (which was a dull arc on its own made only to create Hancock and serve Luffy a means of entering the jail) and quite possibly one of my least liked arcs since....well probably since the Foxy battle (which had an unmistakable filler feel to it).

So why am I not happy it's ending? Because it could be improved still. The rush is too evident, Oda's attempts at focusing on Luffy and WB only whilst giving everyone else cameo roles is too evident. If Oda had given this about four weeks longer in his schedule, and then decided to stick a focus on a character developing here and there, I would have been happier.

Instead he's said "Ok here's my schedule, and here's the sixty five named characters I have to fit in, plus the twenty seven new ones I'm going to introduce" and just made it a clusterfuck of cameos.

So (pre-emptive rage), this arc was a good idea in theory. "IN THEORY" is how this arc will go down for me.

k-dom
January 26, 2010, 06:58 PM
When the war began I was wandering how he would manage all these characters. And indeed he decided to use a lot of cameo (and even a lot of : what he is doing here, I supposed he was at the opposite side). Well, I would not say I liked it much but would 2 or 3 duel have made it better, I'm not sure. Which one would Oda have chosen ? he couldn't do all of them. Of course when you read skypiea arc, withe the space and the time, the feeling is much better, but at least this battle has a different atmosphere than what Oda has done so far. I'm happy we can switch to something else and make the plot advance

btw i enjoy davy back a lot in particular because it's completely useless (also the nakama topic makes a nice foreshadow of Robin rescue, of course Foxy crew is just a bunch of the dumbest characters but between 2 of the longest arcs, that is refreshing)

elitefox
January 26, 2010, 07:08 PM
that would give Squardo too big of a role for such a drop in the bucket type of character. I understand he was used and ended up stabbing WB blah blah blah but WB was sick anyway and that wound I'm sure only made WB's chest a bit itchy. WB got over it and Squardo faded into the background. He made an appearance in 572 but just to give us an update that he's still around and he wants to redeem himself but can't do much to help.

I really think what will happen is retreat on both sides. WB will attempt to destroy the whole island forcing both sides to part ways and take their wounded with them. WB will escape as well heavily wounded and die with his comrades around him after they have escaped and he will pass the torch to Ace. I'm not so worried about the Admirals since there's still alot of healthy opponents to take them on or hold em off such as Ivankov with her powerful winks, she can turn em all into okama if she wanted to, Jimbei, Boa, crocodile, Ace(rejuvenated after being inspired by his comrades and a new found will to live and pure adrenaline). Ace's rescue from Luffy was the climax and it's going to wind down and the arc will conclude soon. I hope the escape won't drag on.

just an assumption as well about Black Beard at Impel Down that Roger was also kept there awaiting execution so Roger may have hidden something at impel down and Black Beard was searching for it. He went there to look for something and he found it... whatever it is. Anyone have any guess's?

BB also said at Impel down that in a few hours he was gonna do something that will rock the world. I wonder what that will be and if it will be explained after this war arc.

uhmm... one half piece?

did he stated that he is gonna rock the world? or did he say that there will be an event that will rock the world?
[hr]

Yeah, agreed with k-dom. WB staying behind means the "war" will end in the next chapter or two (depending how much time Oda gives Whitebeard to show off). Follow that up with a few chapters detailing the aftermath and Luffy going into a coma, and the arc will be officially over in probably the next 3 - 5 chapters.

As for what you said earlier: No I'm not happy its ending. I hate this arc, I think it was weaker than even Kuja Island (which was a dull arc on its own made only to create Hancock and serve Luffy a means of entering the jail) and quite possibly one of my least liked arcs since....well probably since the Foxy battle (which had an unmistakable filler feel to it).

So why am I not happy it's ending? Because it could be improved still. The rush is too evident, Oda's attempts at focusing on Luffy and WB only whilst giving everyone else cameo roles is too evident. If Oda had given this about four weeks longer in his schedule, and then decided to stick a focus on a character developing here and there, I would have been happier.

Instead he's said "Ok here's my schedule, and here's the sixty five named characters I have to fit in, plus the twenty seven new ones I'm going to introduce" and just made it a clusterfuck of cameos.

So (pre-emptive rage), this arc was a good idea in theory. "IN THEORY" is how this arc will go down for me.

why do all of you wanna get luffy into coma? really, he is just gonna sleep very long like he did in the last arcs and Garp gonna wake him up with his fist of love;)

mr.danly
January 26, 2010, 07:08 PM
uhmm... one half piece?

did he stated that he is gonna rock the world? or did he say that there will be an event that will rock the world?

he said that "in just a couple of hours, we'll show you an event that will rock the world!"

anyways, looks like things are drawing to a close, and, as almost everyone predicted, WB is going to die. Looks like the old era is finally drawing to a close. Loved the pic of Luffy and Ace standing side by side, ready to fight.

beastboy
January 26, 2010, 07:11 PM
Well I keep saying that this is far from over, and I'm probably wrong, but the marines might have another plan..

And at least one 1 vs 1 fight would raise this arc value!

MOYcano 0.23
January 26, 2010, 07:21 PM
I haven't seen any Spanish translation yet:

Título: "Los tiempos están por cambiar"

El recién liberado Ace y su hermano están arrasando con los marines.

Aunque Shirohige y su tripulación alcanzaron su objetivo no hay forma de escapar. Repentinamente, la tierra se agita y Squad aparece en un bote de remos.

-"Nos encargamos del campo de batalla", pero Shirohige no se conforma (no-literal).
-"Esta es la última orden de su capitán. ¡Todo el mundo al bote!"
-"¡¿Padre?!"
-"No empieces ahora con "última orden" y esas cosas!"
-"Ustedes y yo nos separamos aquí. Ustedes tienen que vivir y seguir adelante en el Nuevo Mundo" (También puede interpretarse como realizar un nuevo mundo)

Nadie confirma, pero nadie se opone a las ordenes de su capitán. Los piratas abordan la embarcación y parten.

-"¡Padre!" -"¡Viejo!"
-"Soy un vestigio de esta Era. No embarcaré en la nave de la Nueva"
-"Shirohige...!"
-"Prosigan su larga jornada [...] Marines!!"

-"Te has interesado en mi tesoro?"
-"Bien, ¿ahora qué te propones, Newgate?"

kanmati
January 26, 2010, 07:25 PM
some will disagree with whitebeard, particularly 'jinbee' he going to stay, fight with whitebeard.

and also who open the gate?

sarutobi_sensei
January 26, 2010, 07:26 PM
uhmm... one half piece?

why do all of you wanna get luffy into coma? really, he is just gonna sleep very long like he did in the last arcs and Garp gonna wake him up with his fist of love;)

Yeah he did, he said that in just a few ours they would show the world the ultimate show that would rock the world to it's core: http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/544/15/

Luffy's not really gonna be in a coma, more like a extended 1 week nap xD

He slept 3 days in Arabasta, 3 days after EL and only 1 day on TB because of kuma taking away the pain.

And I don't want Garp to wake him up again like that :p

Well I keep saying that this is far from over, and I'm probably wrong, but the marines might have another plan..

And at least one 1 vs 1 fight would raise this arc value!
Far from over is subjective. For you it can be 10 chapters but for me, far from over is 3 chapters.

I give it 3 chapters tops to get out of MF. And I mean everyone, Boa included :D I soooo wanna see her going on the ship with Luffy :D

Nah, the 1 vs 1 fights are over.

jiminy
January 26, 2010, 07:40 PM
sengoku has to have a plan for this type of situation, he's a strategist, he has to look at every possible outcome. He probably has a back-up plan for if/when Ace escapes the cuffs

I think the reason squardo went to get an escape ship was when WB told the pirates that whoever wants to escape can, Squardo could have been ashamed and wanted to escape himself, but ended up changing his mind

Or, he stood back and watched like a coward for the best possible opportunity so that if Ace either was freed or executed, he would come in with a battleship

chitgoks
January 26, 2010, 07:40 PM
no surprise here. squardo had to do appear sooner or later since he'd been invisible the past few chapters after he stabbed WB.

and sengoku will be satisfied to let the pirates escape as long as they finish WB. after all, he is the reason in this war in the first place

c0nflikt
January 26, 2010, 07:45 PM
Whatever happens i'm glad its happening quick and not drawn out like the rest of this arc.

chitgoks
January 26, 2010, 07:46 PM
Yeah he did, he said that in just a few ours they would show the world the ultimate show that would rock the world to it's core: http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/544/15/

Luffy's not really gonna be in a coma, more like a extended 1 week nap xD

He slept 3 days in Arabasta, 3 days after EL and only 1 day on TB because of kuma taking away the pain.

And I don't want Garp to wake him up again like that :p

Far from over is subjective. For you it can be 10 chapters but for me, far from over is 3 chapters.

I give it 3 chapters tops to get out of MF. And I mean everyone, Boa included :D I soooo wanna see her going on the ship with Luffy :D

Nah, the 1 vs 1 fights are over.

if blackbeard's going to show up at this time, i think that will help the pirates escape

LongLiveOnePiece
January 26, 2010, 07:50 PM
some will disagree with whitebeard, particularly 'jinbee' he going to stay, fight with whitebeard.

and also who open the gate?

You say "some", though i say the vast majority will disagree with WB.But, he is who he is,they all gonna listen to him and flee(or at least try to).about jinbei i think he "cant" die because he owes us an explanation about arlong-luffy.( remember he said: that can wait for later).

Also, think wiser : if jinbei stays back what will the rest of the WB's crew think-do??they will be ashamed to the bone because someone else stayed there with Pops and not them, his sons.I know jinbei is a close friend but still not a Wb's crew member.

my opinion though :P

RichardMNixon
January 26, 2010, 07:54 PM
and sengoku will be satisfied to let the pirates escape as long as they finish WB. after all, he is the reason in this war in the first place

No, Ace was the reason for this war: http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/550/14/
The marines failed. Killing Whitebeard will just be icing on a shit-cake.

Also I feel like everyone that talks about the marines' victory over Whitebeard neglects anything he does between now and his death. If he kills Sengoku or destroys Marine HQ on his way out, that's a double decker shit-cake with dingle berry sprinkles.

Is Mariejoa included in/adjacent/near HQ or are they entirely separate?

bittman
January 26, 2010, 08:14 PM
No, Ace was the reason for this war: http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/550/14/
The marines failed. Killing Whitebeard will just be icing on a shit-cake.

Also I feel like everyone that talks about the marines' victory over Whitebeard neglects anything he does between now and his death. If he kills Sengoku or destroys Marine HQ on his way out, that's a double decker shit-cake with dingle berry sprinkles.

Is Mariejoa included in/adjacent/near HQ or are they entirely separate?

Mariejoa is right on the top of the red line. The HQ is where they're all fighting. I presume they're in close proximety otherwise no admiral would save the Tenryuubito that reside there.

And I thanked you for your desert analogies.

EDIT: Oh and, as for the coma. Luffy's not just going to have a 1 week break. Oda has, quite obviously, forshadowed a timeskip. Given Luffy is so far beyond his limits it'd make his fight with Crocodile (where he died twice) look like a walk in the park, I predict coma.

kkck
January 26, 2010, 08:23 PM
Epic chapter! WB died a death as great as that of rogers and did not fail to inspire a new era just as he did. Hail to the second PK! (vote for luffy for the 3rd PK!)

Zatono
January 26, 2010, 08:38 PM
EDIT: Oh and, as for the coma. Luffy's not just going to have a 1 week break. Oda has, quite obviously, forshadowed a timeskip. Given Luffy is so far beyond his limits it'd make his fight with Crocodile (where he died twice) look like a walk in the park, I predict coma.

I doubt he'll end up in a coma, simply because, what'll happen to his crew? If anything, the time-skip should happen after he reunites with his crew, so that we don't end up having to repeat the beginning of the manga, going to a bunch of different places and end up probably fighting random people while reuniting with his crew.

redred
January 26, 2010, 08:51 PM
in the last pic does WB's arm get super buff or is it just the perspective messin with me o_O

M.D.Ace
January 26, 2010, 09:10 PM
anywho, looking forward to what is to come of whitebeard pirates the most although it would seem weird for them not to disband. the situation here is exactly like rogers crew. when roger died, the crew was no more. we never saw releigh take over from the crew did we.. it makes sense, the captain of the crew is the one that founded the crew, imo it wouldnt be right for a vice captain or anyone else to take charge after the captain is dead.. i think the most likely outcome after this will be the main commanders of the WB ship to become captains of their own ship.. or marco could become the captain of his own crew whilst jozu is the vice captain, this way we could see jozu vs zoro since diamond is the obsticle zoro must overcome at the end... however it would be odd for jozu to be the vice captain of marcos crew since they are both like the same strength imo

street_san
January 26, 2010, 09:15 PM
anywho, looking forward to what is to come of whitebeard pirates the most although it would seem weird for them not to disband. the situation here is exactly like rogers crew. when roger died, the crew was no more. we never saw releigh take over from the crew did we.. it makes sense, the captain of the crew is the one that founded the crew, imo it wouldnt be right for a vice captain or anyone else to take charge after the captain is dead.. i think the most likely outcome after this will be the main commanders of the WB ship to become captains of their own ship.. or marco could become the captain of his own crew whilst jozu is the vice captain, this way we could see jozu vs zoro since diamond is the obsticle zoro must overcome at the end... however it would be odd for jozu to be the vice captain of marcos crew since they are both like the same strength imo

It is a different situation if the last request of your captain is to continue the journey without him

M.D.Ace
January 26, 2010, 09:22 PM
It is a different situation if the last request of your captain is to continue the journey without him

"Everyone, you'll have to live and carry on into the
New World!" is what he said. doesnt imply that they should stay together. and even if it did imply it do you think gold roger wanted his crew to just disband the way it did. most probably didnt but it happend anyway.. like i said it makes sense, it wouldnt feel right for another to take over an already established ship whos name was known worldwide

amarilis
January 26, 2010, 09:31 PM
I brought the Spanish translation of pshankarc's spoiler

Titulo: Los Tiempos estan cambiando.

El eximido Ace y su pequeño hermano luchan contra los Marines.

Aunque Barbablanca y su tripulación hayan alcanzado su objetivo, no hay escapatoria alguna.

Pero, repentinamente, el suelo comienza a moverse y Squad aparece en un barco a remos.
"Dominaremos este campo de batalla!"

Pero Barbablanca no es piadoso.
"Esta es la ultima orden de tu capitan. Todos, al barco."

"Padre?"
"No comience a hablar de "último" y todo eso."

"Nosotros nos separaremos aqui. todos ustedes, tienen que vivir y seguir adelante en el Nuevo Mundo!"

Ellos no lo aprueban, pero nadie se opone a las órdenes de su capitan.
Los piratas abordan el barco y parten.
"Padre! Viejo!"

"Yo soy lo que resta en esta era. No me enbarcare en el navio que se dirige a la Nueva Era."

"Barbablanca...!"

"Continuen su larga travesía! [...]
Marines!"

elitefox
January 26, 2010, 10:29 PM
sengoku has to have a plan for this type of situation, he's a strategist, he has to look at every possible outcome. He probably has a back-up plan for if/when Ace escapes the cuffs

I think the reason squardo went to get an escape ship was when WB told the pirates that whoever wants to escape can, Squardo could have been ashamed and wanted to escape himself, but ended up changing his mind

Or, he stood back and watched like a coward for the best possible opportunity so that if Ace either was freed or executed, he would come in with a battleship

I don't think so..

I think it is what Marco said to him... about making up for his stupidity. :tem:tem

superman97
January 26, 2010, 11:11 PM
Maybe we will see Blackbeard showing up towards the end to be the one that gives the finishing blow. The way I see it Blackbeard had 2 reasons for becoming Shichibukai.

1- to gain access to impel down
2- so that when he kills whitebeard he gains yonkou status. If him a random guy killed a yonkou nothing would probably happen besides a higher bounty maybe. But if someone who is already considered a schichibukai went and killed a yonkou then it would only be right to increase his rank to yonkou

KaoruArimi
January 26, 2010, 11:15 PM
Whatever happens i'm glad its happening quick and not drawn out like the rest of this arc.

I went back to read the arc from impel down to chap 571 and I think the pace is perfect. It's very fast and exciting. It may feel drawn out waiting for chapters week by week like watching paint dry.... but it's really not drawn out at all.

571 was a great chapter. I can't wait to read the rest of 572 and see how it will all conclude. My least favorite arc was skypia. Favorite arc so far has been water 7. still holding my opinion on this war arc but so far it's been amazing. 3-san is splitting my gut he's so funny

Hinex
January 26, 2010, 11:24 PM
i like how they got a warning and i didnt. instead i got straight banned. - _ -

Roger disbanded his crew himself. I think Marco and Jozu are done. Nothing can help them now. They share the same fate as WB.

My prediction for the rest of WB's crew. They will go on with WB's mark. The captain may be Ace. They won't change the mark or flag because they're all WB's sons and Ace himself with WB's mark on his back.

minimz
January 26, 2010, 11:32 PM
New World!" is what he said. doesnt imply that they should stay together. and even if it did imply it do you think gold roger wanted his crew to just disband the way it did. most probably didnt but it happend anyway.. like i said it makes sense, it wouldnt feel right for another to take over an already established ship whos name was known worldwide

actually, roger's crew were ordered to be disbanded if i'm correct : http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/506/13/ just as hinex said, i some how hope that marco and jozu could be saved by others carrying them, otherwise it would be a big loss for the pirates, although it would make ace the clear captain from the remaining wb pirates we know so far

kuroSaki_Ichi
January 26, 2010, 11:35 PM
aii i dont want jozu and marco to die.....they are so frikin cool =[

BlindMunkey
January 26, 2010, 11:41 PM

correct me if im wrong but gol d roger disbanned his pirate crew before he turned himself to trigger the new pirate age and that pirate age is coming to an end with WB starting the new era.
personally i think these WB pirates will stay together and form a new flag either under marco or ace.. im leaning toward ace. ace and luffy will not be in same crew. there goal will become the same therefore they will be enemies in good deed.
off topic.. u can still post after getting banned?

leonoel
January 26, 2010, 11:47 PM
I do think they should live, since I do not think WB pirates without marco and Jozu would stand strong enough to be Yonkou.

Marines have their main forces pretty much untouched (3 Admirals, Sengoku, Garp, Smoker, etc) as well as the Shichibukai (at least the ones they always relied on Mihawk, Flamingo, Kuma, Moria) I would say their biggest lost were they Cyber Kumas, but even then the WB pirates would have lost 2 admiral level fighters, one more maybe a bit over admiral level (WB) and lets say among the same number of fodder pirates as the marines lost fodder marines.

So I would say that should that happen (Marco and Jozu being imprisioned) this would be a big loss for WB and new World Pirates, since they went to rescue 1 under admiral level pirate and in return they lost 3 who were way more powerful. So i think that for the sake of the story somehow Jozu and Marco will be freed

xstationcubed
January 27, 2010, 12:15 AM
I do think they should live, since I do not think WB pirates without marco and Jozu would stand strong enough to be Yonkou.

Marines have their main forces pretty much untouched (3 Admirals, Sengoku, Garp, Smoker, etc) as well as the Shichibukai (at least the ones they always relied on Mihawk, Flamingo, Kuma, Moria) I would say their biggest lost were they Cyber Kumas, but even then the WB pirates would have lost 2 admiral level fighters, one more maybe a bit over admiral level (WB) and lets say among the same number of fodder pirates as the marines lost fodder marines.

So I would say that should that happen (Marco and Jozu being imprisioned) this would be a big loss for WB and new World Pirates, since they went to rescue 1 under admiral level pirate and in return they lost 3 who were way more powerful. So i think that for the sake of the story somehow Jozu and Marco will be freed

but it was never about power, it was about family. That's why they went to save Ace, not because he was strong. With them on the retreat, it'll most definitely be on the agenda to free Marco and Joz on the way out, but I won't be entirely shocked if they can't be freed. Keep in mind that the man who wants to be the Pirate King faces opposition from several seemingly indestructable enemies. Oda's never exactly been fair when stacking the odds.

leonoel
January 27, 2010, 12:21 AM
but it was never about power, it was about family. That's why they went to save Ace, not because he was strong. With them on the retreat, it'll most definitely be on the agenda to free Marco and Joz on the way out, but I won't be entirely shocked if they can't be freed. Keep in mind that the man who wants to be the Pirate King faces opposition from several seemingly indestructible enemies. Oda's never exactly been fair when stacking the odds.

I know is about family bot just ponder for a moment, what stops the WG from chasing them it is not like their boat will have a Cola Burst, or something of the sorts (would be cool though).

Unless they have some power to somehow keep the admirals power at bay, it is no run for them, although I can see a WB super earthquake destroying the island, but still after that, they would be vulnerable to the other 2 Yonkous, provided Shanks do not help at all and assuming the other Yonkous captains are in Admiral Class. for the sake of the story Joz and Marco should be free, I mean is enough on Ace head to lost WB due to him being stubborn as to also lose the other 2 ones who made WB a Yonkou crew

Mr. Crocodile
January 27, 2010, 01:02 AM
aii i dont want jozu and marco to die.....they are so frikin cool =[

Marco is freed on this chapter, I don't know about Jozu though.

Dim
January 27, 2010, 03:18 AM
im sure ace will help Joz out ;p

Yans86
January 27, 2010, 04:07 AM
Oh my my......have u seen that last attack of WB.....Marine HQ is F****d!!!!!I thought this chapter was epic but now that I have seen Ace-Luffy tag team,WB attack and the MHQ almost destroyed with 1 attack I'm just....OMG!!!!seriously this is crazy....
I think this is one of those time where we should all look forward to the ANIME!!!can u imagine that?!!!!!!

DOflamingo:"Let them go,it's more fun that way"........FUCKIN COOL!!!I love this guy!!!!!!!

PS
Poor SenGoku,I really pity him.......Luffy and WB set in motion the greatest defeat in Marine history.In just really few times they "took out" Enies Lobby,ID(not saying that BB will do something huge) and MHQ.....what's left????Mariejoa with his tenryubito and the gorosei ih ihi hi

deffkryz
January 27, 2010, 04:23 AM
Well, the cover is more "meh" but the rest is "100% pure epicness in a nutshell" to me.

And Whitebeard has also been also one of those pirates that wasn't interested in treasures.

hskgrrr
January 27, 2010, 04:52 AM
The title of chapter 572 is "The Times They Are A-Changin'".

OMG, the title is same with one of Bob Dylan's great songs. :)

Yans86
January 27, 2010, 05:07 AM
The title of chapter 572 is "The Times They Are A-Changin'".

OMG, the title is same with one of Bob Dylan's great songs. :)

That's why Oda is the GOD MANGAKA!

vagabond87
January 27, 2010, 05:13 AM
That chapter was really EPIC and Oda made escape faster than I expected. Or maby most of the escape fighting will be on sea.. Whitebeard staying on the island wasnt hard to predict. Good that Marco is saved, now Im only waiting for Ace helping Jozu in the next chapter. I dint see Kizaru- he is only Admiral that isnt shown in this chapter..
Whitebeard stopping Sqadros ship.. Destroying Marine fortrece.. Tahat make me wonder(not for the first time ;) what power Roger had to match him in his prime. In the next chapter Luffy will be out of te action, he already done more enough. And one more thing- when Ace and Luffy were fighting together- they are almost equal "size", years are passing real fast..

Bertosch
January 27, 2010, 05:25 AM
Is being a Yonkou an official title? As I remember these 4 pirates are just the strongest, so the WG declared them untouchable?! Pls correct me if I'm wrong

Romanov D Paul
January 27, 2010, 05:39 AM
The title of this chapter remind me of age in the past, when Araki used the name of occidental songs and artists for the stands in Jojo... well, he still does but the level is way lower then it used to be nowdays. Anyway, I think that this is one of the most touching things alongside Mr 2 sacrifice ever happened in a manga, and with the most fitted title it could EVER had.

ScratchmenApoo
January 27, 2010, 06:09 AM
Now it is pretty clear, Whitebeard will die in the next chapter.
He will probably create the largest quake ever and destroy Marineford completely.
Very good chapter, props to everyone translating etc.

urlaub
January 27, 2010, 06:15 AM
Can't make out anything out of the flashback picture in the end of the chapter. Qhat could the relation between Roger and WB be? Are they on that picture? An so on...

facade
January 27, 2010, 06:19 AM
looks like we're wrapping up this arc...wonder what's gonna happen to the crew of strawhats..scattered kinda far aren't they...how all of them gonna get back to rayleigh and thousand sunny..

Black Lagoon
January 27, 2010, 06:32 AM
I'm really proud of myself (Don't get fooled:p)...I somehow nearly nailed WhiteBeard's last words(2Months Ago (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1678055&postcount=71) ... :facepalm well not the same but the meaning is there :amuse).

Black Lagoon
January 27, 2010, 06:46 AM
Now I can say it here :
:err Holy S**t! :o I practically nailed WB's last word 2 months ago (My Sig ... It's been there since then :amuse) (I know ... it's nothing but its meaning should count as well for its true value? ;o)

The same goes for Squad ... but that was so predicable -_-;

As for Ace and Luffy ... EPIC :shakefist

TwEeD
January 27, 2010, 07:07 AM
As expected/predicted by a lot of people WB is sacrificing himself to bring on the new age.

And one more thing- when Ace and Luffy were fighting together- they are almost equal "size", years are passing real fast..

Well I think it's to emphasize the coming of age, it's like Luffy has now undergone his test in becoming adult. With Oda saying this would be his last adventure as a 17 year old this fits perfectly, he transcended from being a kid/adolescence and was accepted by the New World as an adult.

If Marineford is now destroyed too then Luffy will have had a hand in bringing the Marine's 3 stronghold's down (EL, ID and now MF). Not to mention annihilating their elite forces (CP9, Shichibukai) and playing a decisive role in the battle between the New World and the Marines.

I hope Luffy gets the credit he deserves from this war (well at least his bounty should go up spectacularly), even the marines should not be able to falsify anymore what happened after the den-den mushi's went out. Now comes a period of deserved rest until he can meet up with the upgraded crew (every member will probably have learned new skills through their ordeals), fully prepped to take on the New World, splendid :D I myself can't wait until the crew finds out about Boa's infatuation with Luffy, should bring some comedy gold heh

ikuroi
January 27, 2010, 07:13 AM
Well I think it's to emphasize the coming of age, it's like Luffy has now undergone his test in becoming adult. With Oda saying this would be his last adventure as a 17 year old this fits perfectly, he transcended from being a kid/adolescence and was accepted by the New World as an adult.

You're over thinking it. What does size have to do with age in this example? Could you be more specific. Are you implying that there is gonna be a long time skip? I know it been stated that there is gonna be a time skip, but yeah... it's not gonna be a long one.

deffkryz
January 27, 2010, 07:16 AM
Come to think of it - Strong World can now be placed between Thriller Bark and Sabaody, can't it?

Is being a Yonkou an official title? As I remember these 4 pirates are just the strongest, so the WG declared them untouchable?! Pls correct me if I'm wrong

I don't think they are declared being untouchable. In fact, I'm sure they'd be partying all over if at least one of them died. With the rest, I agree completely - The Shichibukai and the Marine HQ were founded by the WG as a counterpart to those four pirates (and their crews). Those pirates now will probably look for some one else - and Blackbeard should be a candidate for becoming one.

Which kinda means: Oda might reveal Kaidou and the final Yonkou within the next chapters.

TwEeD
January 27, 2010, 07:26 AM
You're over thinking it. What does size have to do with age in this example? Could you be more specific. Are you implying that there is gonna be a long time skip? I know it been stated that there is gonna be a time skip, but yeah... it's not gonna be a long one.

No I don't expect a time-skip, It's just a metaphorical way to show how he as person has grown (it's like the cliché "his back has become so big" in coming of age series). It doesn't mean he has effectively grown physically but that he seems more grown up, it's to emphasize he isn't the kid from the start of the adventure. Symbolism in the coming of age has always played a part in such stories, defo things like this and stuff like the newer generation surpassing and taking over the older generation

LongLiveOnePiece
January 27, 2010, 07:30 AM
Epic Chapter as expected..WB awesomeness is beyond anyone's else:P.. its kind of sad though for me,after seeing all those powerful characters and stuff , returning to more normal ones .like strawhats.i dont say i didnt miss the crew ( Skull jokes ftw) but,well , i was kind pumped up just by seeing WB in action, i dont want to end.I refuse to accept this man's defeat,he is the ultimate beast(we havent seen roger in action yet) of our manga !!!

P.S. respect to Donflamingo.the guy is crazy

Bertosch
January 27, 2010, 07:32 AM
Hmm but BB has nearly no reputation. He just imprisoned Ace. That is, for my hope, no big deal in the New World. There should be something more. Further BB has got just a small crew and he shouldn't gain much respect by killing a crewmate. There has to be another candidate!

urlaub
January 27, 2010, 07:36 AM
Maybe there will be a power vacum not just in the new world, after the weakening of marine side.

elitefox
January 27, 2010, 08:25 AM
Epic Chapter as expected..WB awesomeness is beyond anyone's else:P.. its kind of sad though for me,after seeing all those powerful characters and stuff , returning to more normal ones .like strawhats.i dont say i didnt miss the crew ( Skull jokes ftw) but,well , i was kind pumped up just by seeing WB in action, i dont want to end.I refuse to accept this man's defeat,he is the ultimate beast(we havent seen roger in action yet) of our manga !!!

P.S. respect to Donflamingo.the guy is crazy

Hmm, WB's defeat? Is that ironic? He will won completely well if his sons have escape that is...

he will die but he will die with no regrets, a noble death in short:darn

sarutobi_sensei
January 27, 2010, 08:28 AM
Dofla: Let they run it's more fun this way xD

The guy's completely crazy! xD

Shame on you Sengoku.

WB is going down with all of MF. I so am expecting for next weeks chapter to see his last moments.

Who said that WB wasn't after treasure? Sengoku? Or someone else?

Luffy and Ace combo is so freaking awesome :D

staytough
January 27, 2010, 08:32 AM
love the Bob Dylan reference!

"admit that the waters around you have grown"
"Don't stand in the doorway, don't block up the hall"

pretty much sums up that the age of Whitebeard and Roger is over cause 'for the times they are a-changin'

LongLiveOnePiece
January 27, 2010, 08:36 AM
Hmm, WB's defeat? Is that ironic? He will won completely well if his sons have escape that is...

he will die but he will die with no regrets, a noble death in short:darn

I wasnt ironic.by defeat i meant death :P.. i know that WB himself will be considered as a winner because he ensured his sons' future but for me- as a reader- he is long gone and i m sad about that.. I reall like him, in fact i worship him because he is ultra strong and has a wtf DF, powerful and "beautiful" as well .

However i recognise his noble death for the new era

sarutobi_sensei
January 27, 2010, 08:39 AM
I just noticed from the cam raw, WOW whole freagging Marine HQ is going down! Notice the freaking cracks on the buildings!

And I think it's a young WB those other pirates in the flashback are laughing @.

also, WB stopped a freaking ship with just one arm!

DARK
January 27, 2010, 08:50 AM
Luffy and Ace combo is so freaking awesome :D

It's a shame that Whitebeard decided to fight until his last breath and ordered everyone else out of the battlefield before we got to see more of their teamwork.

Black Lagoon
January 27, 2010, 08:50 AM
WB full power is coming...

He could just quake the whole island and destroy the marine headquarters. :shakefist

Although the MHQ is a much easier target for Dragon now.

PH3000
January 27, 2010, 09:00 AM
oO i got the i'll-die-if-i-can't-read-the-chapter-fast desease....

luffy and ace fighting together - awesome!
and i even got more sympathy for doflamingo :)

Black Lagoon
January 27, 2010, 09:01 AM
It's a shame that Whitebeard decided to fight until his last breath and ordered everyone else out of the battlefield before we got to see more of their teamwork.

Whitebeard won't stop everyone ... so there's a chance to see that teamwork :)

beastboy
January 27, 2010, 09:06 AM
I'm sure Luffy and Ace will stay and fight, at least I hope so, this is amusing, seeing them fighting together...

And then Aokiji try's to attack, but gets pwnd by Ace!

gold349
January 27, 2010, 09:11 AM
The only thing which I'd say was total BS this arc...knowing its story, its the execution of Ace, why with all the marines even the Admiral of the fleet, couldn't just get that 1 thing done and are still shouting it 'don't let Ace escape, execute Ace', WTF complete sham Ace execution not happening I'm not buying it the way its done...apart that loving Ace is free, Luffy and him can now part ways, WB pirates and StrawHats competing for One Piece.

Black Lagoon
January 27, 2010, 09:11 AM
I'm sure Luffy and Ace will stay and fight, at least I hope so, this is amusing, seeing them fighting together...

And then Aokiji try's to attack, but gets pwnd by Ace!

Both aren't in condition to fight stronger guys but at least they will help opening a way out.
and since the commanders accepted WhiteBeard will ... I guess they'll do it
IT'S AN ORDER :shakefist

jamjamstyle
January 27, 2010, 09:13 AM
I'm worried about Mr.3... I hope they don't capture him because he's currently a easy catch for the Marines.

Also wondering what Buggy & co will do because people like Croc don't seem the type to me to follow orders or anything.

sarutobi_sensei
January 27, 2010, 09:18 AM
WB full power is coming...

He could just quake the whole island and destroy the marine headquarters. :shakefist

Although the MHQ is a much easier target for Dragon now.

He already is! notice on the last page, MHQ is cracked in a V shape! he's destroying the whole PLACE!

The spoiler and summaries topic is gone, chapter out ?

probably a better quality raw came out.

Black Lagoon
January 27, 2010, 09:22 AM
The only thing which I'd say was total BS this arc...knowing its story, its the execution of Ace, why with all the marines even the Admiral of the fleet, couldn't just get that 1 thing done and are still shouting it 'don't let Ace escape, execute Ace', WTF complete sham Ace execution not happening I'm not buying it the way its done...apart that loving Ace is free, Luffy and him can now part ways, WB pirates and StrawHats competing for One Piece.

there are two reasons :

First, they didn't executed Ace when the cameras were on was because if you make a huge statement that you will execute him at say 3:00 and then you do it early it looks like your weak and had to do it early cause he would have been freed by then.

And then after the cameras were down they didn't executed him, because they needed the WB pirates to keep moving forward, to get completely into the bay so that when raising the walls they could use that trap to take them out. if they execute ace early, who knows what pirates would do. But in order for trap to work they needed to keep moving forward and thus ace still alive.

But then Garp did what he did, Sengoku loses his mind and Ace's freed.

Akainu
January 27, 2010, 09:26 AM
The spoiler and summaries topic is gone, chapter out ?
the raw is out and it has nothing to do with the quality. the chapter is there and now you can discuss it as a whole - the spoilers can always be found at the old spoiler archive (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38328) if you still want to look at them ;).

Black Lagoon
January 27, 2010, 09:35 AM
I'm worried about Mr.3... I hope they don't capture him because he's currently a easy catch for the Marines.

Also wondering what Buggy & co will do because people like Croc don't seem the type to me to follow orders or anything.
Everyone is focused on Ace and Luffy ... well maybe Sengoku too (You know ... his new form and stuffs (for those who don't know him)) So Mr. 3 can the hell out of there easily.:)

He already is! notice on the last page, MHQ is cracked in a V shape! he's destroying the whole PLACE!

Yeah! I know :tem the beginning of the end :shakefist

chess4
January 27, 2010, 09:39 AM
man i hope jozu and marco are saved

sarutobi_sensei
January 27, 2010, 09:45 AM
Marco @ least is shown with someone getting the handcuffs of him.

Jozu, I have some doubts. he wasn't shown recently, and last time he didn't have an arm :|

Black Lagoon
January 27, 2010, 10:02 AM
man i hope jozu and marco are saved

they are the new era (A bit older but it's ok) so both would be fine.

as sarutobi_sensei already said Marco was shown with someone trying to get the damned handcuffs of him, hence no need to worry.

the problem is Jozu.

PH3000
January 27, 2010, 10:18 AM
Marco @ least is shown with someone getting the handcuffs of him.

Jozu, I have some doubts. he wasn't shown recently, and last time he didn't have an arm :|

that he lost his arm was only in a fake spoiler wasn't it? we didn't see him again since he was frozen.

Schabrak
January 27, 2010, 10:23 AM
If he were still in ice and his body were frozen he may could change his shoulder+arm into diamond again, when put together(nerves & etc.) and transform to human again after that. :D Should be possible.

We finally got to see some nice co-op action with Luffy and Ace. Could'nt be happier.

frontaLobotomy
January 27, 2010, 10:28 AM
Overall, it was a pretty decent chapter. The frantic pace was expected, now I'm wondering if Whitebeard will attempt to sink Marineford. All his allies are behind him, and his ship has been sunk. It'd be a good end for him to take half of Marine HQ down with him. Marco looks like he's going to be alright, Jozu is a bit up in the air for the moment. Given the timeframe between him being frozen and Ace being freed is only like 5-10 minutes he shouldn't be dead just yet.
I wonder what the next chapter is going to bring. I think whatever Teach is up to will be revealed once all the pirates are away and Luffy is resting up, whatever his plans are will not involve getting in the mix of this war directly. But I am willing to guess it will involve him earning a reputation that will be on a par with Whitebeard's. Buggy still has something up his sleeve I bet, even if it's only for a comedic exit.

Gats
January 27, 2010, 10:33 AM
Where are Buggy and co ? On the same ship ? I doubt.

ANBU4U
January 27, 2010, 10:42 AM
The Pacing of this chapter lines up with the new mini arc pretty well.

Things have been going very quickly since Ace ws freed. Vivi was this weeks cover, that means only Caru is left.

I imagine their will be a Color Spread after that, then the new mini-arc. Mini-arcs usssually line up with New Story Arcs, so we can count on the jist of the WAR Arc being wrapped up in 3 more weeks.

CLEAR
January 27, 2010, 10:43 AM
And what happens to Mr. 3?? Is he going to be killed by Akainu???

urlaub
January 27, 2010, 10:44 AM
Imagine how people gonna react now if they see or hear about Luffy, they will be scared, but Luffy is such a sweet and unharmful fun-loving youngster. It will be amazing to see the surprises on the faces of people.

M-I-S-T-O
January 27, 2010, 10:54 AM
oh i really so sad about white beard because i loved him ..
do you all think that is white beard have to die do you?

jamjamstyle
January 27, 2010, 11:18 AM
Anyone else who loved Doflamingo's comment?

Doflamingo: "Heh heh heh.... Let them go. It's more fun that way."

This guy is unexpectedly getting more badass in my opinion.

sarutobi_sensei
January 27, 2010, 11:23 AM
that he lost his arm was only in a fake spoiler wasn't it? we didn't see him again since he was frozen.

Nah his arm was broken in 3 places the last time we saw him.

If he were still in ice and his body were frozen he may could change his shoulder+arm into diamond again, when put together(nerves & etc.) and transform to human again after that. :D Should be possible.

We finally got to see some nice co-op action with Luffy and Ace. Could'nt be happier.

Should be possible, but only if his arm is still intact. and only if his arm is still frozen and the rest of him unfrozen.

damn poor guy, he lost an arm xD maybe he can regenerate his arm into a diamond, that would be wicked :D

Where are Buggy and co ? On the same ship ? I doubt.

They'll go, don't worry xD

The Pacing of this chapter lines up with the new mini arc pretty well.

Things have been going very quickly since Ace ws freed. Vivi was this weeks cover, that means only Caru is left.

I imagine their will be a Color Spread after that, then the new mini-arc. Mini-arcs usssually line up with New Story Arcs, so we can count on the jist of the WAR Arc being wrapped up in 3 more weeks.

Hmm, Carue, then a color spread then someone we know? or someone we don't know? xD

I hope it's someone we know but haven't seen in a long long time

And what happens to Mr. 3?? Is he going to be killed by Akainu???
Nah he won't be killed.

Anyone else who loved Doflamingo's comment?

Doflamingo: "Heh heh heh.... Let them go. It's more fun that way."

This guy is unexpectedly getting more badass in my opinion.
Yeah I commented on it before, the guy's just a nut case XD

that comment was the most epic part after WB's speach!

ANBU4U
January 27, 2010, 11:23 AM
oh i really so sad about white beard because i loved him ..
do you all think that is white beard have to die do you?

The problem with WB living, is that while he's alive the younger pirates cant advance. WB, for all intents and purposes, IS the Pirate King.

It seems relatively clear at this point that the only reason WB hasnt claimed One Piece is because he has ZERO interest in it himself.

As for as Power, Fame, Influence, and Forces go tho. WB is the Pirate that rules the 6 Seas. He has to die for the New Area to begin.

M-I-S-T-O
January 27, 2010, 11:38 AM
The problem with WB living, is that while he's alive the younger pirates cant advance. WB, for all intents and purposes, IS the Pirate King.

It seems relatively clear at this point that the only reason WB hasnt claimed One Piece is because he has ZERO interest in it himself.

As for as Power, Fame, Influence, and Forces go tho. WB is the Pirate that rules the 6 Seas. He has to die for the New Area to begin.

LAST SENTENCE IT'S CULL REALLY ..
AND IT THE CLOSEST TO THE RIGHT IN MY VIEW ...
THANX

Desman
January 27, 2010, 12:20 PM
I just watched through the new chapter (cant read japanese). Looks like we are going to see SH crew soon since they are leaving marineford :D. Can't wait next chapter and this ones translation/scanlation in english... :)

Super Angillis
January 27, 2010, 12:54 PM
I kinda wonder what will happen to Hancock now. Looks like she won't be getting to nurse Luffy back to health. I hope we get a cover arc story where she is trying to learn how to do wife things, like cooking, it just seems like it would be funny. My guess is that Luffy is going to be going back to Shabondy, and recover there. Maybe by the time he wakes up the rest of the crew will be back. Be interesting if Dragon comes to pick up Ivanakov while he's there.

chess4
January 27, 2010, 01:10 PM
this escape went a lot quicker than i expected. i hope joz is ok

Black Lagoon
January 27, 2010, 01:30 PM
^ The escape :err? they are just talking about whether they leave WhiteBeard behind or not (even this hasn't even took place).

I guess you mean freeing Ace went somehow quicker than expected, because WhiteBeard alone won't be able to stop the 3 admirals and Sengoku.

johnnyb7
January 27, 2010, 01:43 PM
I want to see more of sengoku's power, I hope he uses it some more in this chapter, also I'm betting that Blackbeard is going to show up next chapter, that's my guess at least.

chess4
January 27, 2010, 01:49 PM
^ The escape :err? they are just talking about whether they leave WhiteBeard behind or not (even this hasn't even took place).

I guess you mean freeing Ace went somehow quicker than expected, because WhiteBeard alone won't be able to stop the 3 admirals and Sengoku.

it he quakes the entire island .

ScratchmenApoo
January 27, 2010, 02:04 PM
I'm guessing all the pirates will be on their ships, Whitebeard will quake everything with a massive force, the island will collapse, forcing big waves outwards to the sea, carrying all the ships with them. The pirates can't do a single thing towards Whitebeard's stubbornness, he stays and falls. However, the left over marines (at least the fruit users) need to get on their own ships as well (if there are any left) to survive. Seeing how they can't do much to get the pirates (opposite sides of the sea with Marineford in the middle) they give up and rest on the fact that at least Whitebeard, Oars Jr. and other pirates died.
So that's my prediction for next time :D

jamjamstyle
January 27, 2010, 02:16 PM
Is this what Oda perhaps meant when he said this is Luffy's last adventure as 17 year old? That he'll mature after witnessing with his own eyes the sacrifice that WB as a captain did for his own crew?

I'm saying this because i'm pretty sure this event will make him think over his own position as captain and the responsibilities that he holds because he looks shocked when he heard what Whitebeard announced as last order for his crew.

Szaman
January 27, 2010, 02:22 PM
I kinda wonder what will happen to Hancock now. Looks like she won't be getting to nurse Luffy back to health. I hope we get a cover arc story where she is trying to learn how to do wife things, like cooking, it just seems like it would be funny. My guess is that Luffy is going to be going back to Shabondy, and recover there. Maybe by the time he wakes up the rest of the crew will be back. Be interesting if Dragon comes to pick up Ivanakov while he's there.

Since I sort of only skimmed through the scans, I have to ask: was there anything said about the WB army/Jailbreak League already being ON the Squad's ship? If not, then there still is a chance for Boa to, sort of, "jump ship" and leave with Luffy.
It's not over until it's over, as they say. Oda has put a lot of stress on the Boa-Luffy relatioship, it would be strange to end it like this.

Shabondy is not the best idea for Luffy to use as a resting place - however you look at it, it's still WG territory.

k-dom
January 27, 2010, 02:35 PM
Now that Ace is freed and he asked his men to leave, Whitebeard can go berserk on Marineford. He is ready to die so he has no need to refreign himself. And that will take the attention of a big part of the marines.
Also Do Flamingo and probably Mihawk have lost interest in the battle, so I'm not afraid about the issue of the escape.

Moogle Mango
January 27, 2010, 03:29 PM
Luffy calls Whitebeard uncle?

This chapter was awesome! Oda, you rock!

damane08
January 27, 2010, 03:31 PM
just read the chapter and it was just, for lack of a better word: EPIC!!

yea i knew that paddle ship would be coming. but I got the answer to my question.
Why is it that WB didn't find One Piece, turns out the guy wasn't after treasure in the first place.
Ace and luffy fight so well together too, it was a really good chapter.

sarutobi_sensei
January 27, 2010, 03:33 PM
DAMN the whole freaking island is shaking!

Someone save Mr.3!!!!!! He's in danger!

Flashback of younger WB is nice, he wasn't interested in treasure. damn that guy deserved the title of Pirate king right now.

somalimafia
January 27, 2010, 03:35 PM
This is my first post. The whole war arc was epic, but this chapter was the best. Cuz we see Ace and Luffy compination. Ps my english is not the best

sarutobi_sensei
January 27, 2010, 03:36 PM
Luffy calls Whitebeard uncle?

This chapter was awesome! Oda, you rock!

Yeah Oji-San mean uncle or old man stuff along those lines.

Maybe even Ossan (I think) cause that means old man.

just read the chapter and it was just, for lack of a better word: EPIC!!

yea i knew that paddle ship would be coming. but I got the answer to my question.
Why is it that WB didn't find One Piece, turns out the guy wasn't after treasure in the first place.
Ace and luffy fight so well together too, it was a really good chapter.
They do don't they? Their combos are so freaggin awesome!

Ace pushing Luffy down was really fun :D

Sqaurdo was prepared to die but his "father" doesn't let him. That man deserves to go out this way, saving his sons, taking down the MHQ.

Mr. Crocodile
January 27, 2010, 03:39 PM
I found the last part of the chapter interesting..I wonder who those pirates that appear on the flashback are cuz i couldnt recognize any of them..maybe just random pirates WB knew? So WB never really wanted any treasure? I wonder if that was before or after he met Ace.

Nothing much really happened but quite a satisfying chapter nonetheless.

BlazingMonkey
January 27, 2010, 03:40 PM
DAMN the whole freaking island is shaking!

Someone save Mr.3!!!!!! He's in danger!

Flashback of younger WB is nice, he wasn't interested in treasure. damn that guy deserved the title of Pirate king right now.

Yeah I really dont think the One Piece tresure has nothing to do with Gold and welth I think it's more of a personal tresure like Luffys Strawhat :)

monkey D luffy
January 27, 2010, 03:41 PM
welcome to mangahelpers somalimafia and well quite frankly your english is way better then mine and i consider myself pretty good in english (exept i dont use capital letters cuz i find them a bother, i do know to use them in a formal letter and such)

anyway for the people who said WB will stay behind to save the rest of the pirates here i bow before you especially you black lagoon you pretty much nailed that speach of whitebeard. also i love to see marineford crumbling and im sure itll end up like enies lobby, i cant wait to see the bounty luffy is going to get, too bad his crew wont get a major boost like he will, just to make cowerds the likes of bellamy shake in fear.

CBlitz
January 27, 2010, 03:54 PM
holy crap epic chapter is epic, though I wonder if Whitebeard is gonna be the first casualty in OP...

if he does end up dying than it'll be a really good way for Oda to kick-start the new era

sarutobi_sensei
January 27, 2010, 04:01 PM
welcome to mangahelpers somalimafia and well quite frankly your english is way better then mine and i consider myself pretty good in english (exept i dont use capital letters cuz i find them a bother, i do know to use them in a formal letter and such)

anyway for the people who said WB will stay behind to save the rest of the pirates here i bow before you especially you black lagoon you pretty much nailed that speach of whitebeard. also i love to see marineford crumbling and im sure itll end up like enies lobby, i cant wait to see the bounty luffy is going to get, too bad his crew wont get a major boost like he will, just to make cowerds the likes of bellamy shake in fear.

Well, Luffy got a bounty firs than the others then it was Zoro's time. I'm guessing it'll be like that once again. Luffy's bounty Rises, then Zoro rises or all of them rise except for Luffy :D

DARK
January 27, 2010, 04:07 PM
holy crap epic chapter is epic, though I wonder if Whitebeard is gonna be the first casualty in OP...

If one doesn't count the countless Marines and/or unimportant characters to be "casualties," then probably yes.

if he does end up dying than it'll be a really good way for Oda to kick-start the new era

I agree; Whitebeard's death would be a great way to refresh the series.
I can't handle the suspense! :spaz

Lord Rayleigh
January 27, 2010, 04:07 PM
WB is just incredible ! If Oda shows this little flashback, it probably means we're going to have a true one soon, when he was a rookie. It's interesting to see that WB said the word One Piece in the mangastream traduction : the treasure he lets after him is his sons.

PS : I didn't expect Mr 3 to be captured : he was with Ace and Luffy in the last chapter !

chess4
January 27, 2010, 04:15 PM
great chapter. maybe next chapter we will get a flashback of WB. WB is the truth. so marco is getting his handcuffs taken off, so he can get back in this thang. this chapter answers my question about whether ace can hold up to an admiral. i hope buggy saves mr 3(his future vice captain)

as far as the cover stories go, i think next week we will get carue and after that we should get a where are they now arc. as far as who it is, i dont know. maybe we get to see lola's crew or better yet the strawhats.

is it just me or does WB look a lot like hulk hogan. oda did base some of the characters off real people, so maybe. he even has the mustache and the headband. WHATCHA GONNA DO BROTHER, WHEN THE HULKAMANIAC RUNS WILD ON YOU..........lol, i couldnt resist:p

so one of the yonkou is done for. i cant wait until we get to see the other 2. wonder if someone else will step up to take the spot. i thought about BB, but he doesnt have enough juice.

one good thing came out of this for the strawhats, they have made at least 3 powerful allies since they split. the WB pirates, the kuja pirates, and the sunny pirates(via jinbei, when gets them back together.

LongLiveOnePiece
January 27, 2010, 04:16 PM
This ended up being a hell of a long journey!!!!!( or chapter for us :P) ..well really I expect to see what this DF and this man,the current PK,can do.
Ofc read the chapter along with that soundtrack http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TezDF1ybD-k .

if only vegapunk created a "trick" to enable somebody take 2 DFs and luffy got WB's now that he will die ( in an honorable way ofcourse, oh wait its something more that honorable, or even noble. ITS FREAKING AWESOME_LEGENDARY)

Lord Rayleigh
January 27, 2010, 04:22 PM
And Ao Kiji has shown an amazing new attack which was stopped with a new fire technic of Ace's !

sarutobi_sensei
January 27, 2010, 04:26 PM
I don't think that sound fits in the chapter @ all.

Now this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4YcqT0uCmM

It fits in it perfectly :D

and another one that I'm trying to find :D

This one also fits the chapter nicely, when WB is saying that: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSNZDxeYT54&feature=related

and there is another one but I can't find it.

remember when Luffy and the rest were on the top of the tower of justice going towards the edge to save robin? that's the one :D

and after the escape : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRVvG4e4rWg&feature=related