PDA

View Full Version : Shounen Whistle by Higuchi Daisuke

dsidhe
November 01, 2006, 03:35 AM
Hi, trying to find Whistle scanlations. Hope someone can point me to the right direction :)

Reloaded
November 01, 2006, 08:15 AM
there are only 14 chapters scanlated go to gotlurk

siegfried
November 04, 2006, 11:49 AM
actually there are 17 chapters scanlated.

http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=1224

and inane scanlated volume 18 eventhough I dont know why.

TBBX
December 01, 2006, 01:02 PM
thats because that was around where the anime ended and they were going to do it but dropped it

Gold Knight
December 06, 2006, 11:55 AM
Whistle! is a GREAT manga. I'm disappointed it doesn't get more attention. I have up to volume 14 now, but that's Viz's manga volumes that I bought at the bookstore.

The series is finished, though, at 24 volumes, and Viz's probably licensed it all, so that's why you probably won't see any new scanlations on Whistle - your best chance is to order from Viz's store now to read the story.

It's too bad nobody thought to scanlate Whistle! before it was finished though. Can't get 'em all, I guess.

sushi
December 26, 2006, 12:30 AM
man that's why can't find any
i am so devoted to find but no money to buy

A.B.
March 02, 2007, 12:56 AM
Such a shame since it takes so long between volumes. At the rate its going it should take years before the rest of it gets translated. :darn I want to know what happens after the anime and it hasn't got there yet. Anyone know a good place to find it in japanese or even chinese? At this rate it might be faster for me to buy it and learn to read japanese.

ikuyoK
March 05, 2007, 12:54 AM
Hmmm.. I would really like to know if the ending of the Whistle! anime is premature or not.. Does the manga go further than the match in Seoul? I know some other sports anime end prematurely..*cough*Prince of Tennis and Slam Dunk I would hate it if I haven't seen it all yet.. But I would love it if there was more to the story than the anime lets on...

A.B.
March 05, 2007, 03:42 AM
Yep, the manga continues on after the anime ends. I've only read some vague references to it though, since I don't really want to spoil it for myself. There's 24 manga volumes total, and volume 18 (which Inane scanlated) was around where the anime ended. So there's at least a couple volumes after the end of the anime.

And though PoT ended before the nationals, they made (are making?) the "National Championship Chapters" which cover it. No excuses for Slam Dunk though, I personally would have loved seeing the final games. <3 (Still the best shounen series ever in my opinion)

A.B.
April 08, 2007, 02:26 PM
Just thought I would mention that Lurk's (http://gotlurk.net/) raw bot ([UR]DAN) has the raws for what looks to be the whole series. It's Japanese but better than nothing.

yatsin
May 01, 2007, 03:58 AM
yea all raws ....i cant even find english scans after volume 2

A.B.
May 04, 2007, 06:57 AM
Well, Inane also released volume 18 (chapters 153-160) but other than the first 13 chapters scanlated by Aku-Tenshi (which you said you already had) none of the rest were done. Most likely due to licensing (though that hasn't stopped some mangas).

I'm buying them as they're released in English (15 volumes so far) but it's really hard to wait that long. I would love to see at least translations for the other volumes.

Ser3n
May 13, 2007, 02:22 PM
Well, if/when i feel like it i may translate Whitle! manga, like Shinji is doing with Captain Tsubasa... But it's just to boring. But i'll do it, if i feel there's enough feedback from ppl, asking me to do it...

kurokazeryuu
July 04, 2007, 12:22 AM
Now's there's 16 volumes out that Viz released for Whistle! and I've got all of them too... It would be nice if someone scanlate it... I mean I would still buy the manga... but I'd just like to read ahead..... *sigh*

ThE WoRm
July 04, 2007, 12:48 AM
Oh, lurk has the raws *writes to one self* I guess I'll finish the series soon :P

n8starr
July 04, 2007, 03:04 PM
Yea that would be great if you could scanlate this manga, Ser3n, i have read all the volumes that viz has released anyway but it would be nice to have them on my computer too, maybe in a better translation than viz, as well as the ones that come after....

cargo
July 08, 2007, 04:46 PM
Ser3n if you could translate whistle that would be so sweet!

SabiQ
July 26, 2007, 06:11 AM
oh hey! ive been working on chapter 18 (done a few pages) nearli there, ill release it wen im done but im not that good at all this...if my translations are shoddy sori XD (you can correct me) but nyway i love soccer so yea...if someone else is doing this PM me and we can work on it together? or leave me ur details to PM u ? it would be so much faster wif help xD im just one person after all...

Edit: no ones pm'ed me lawl few more sentences to go till release (less than a page) but i want to go to sleep so u have to wait another day haha =p
[hr]
chapteer 18 is RELEASED~! pick up while its hot in the latest scanlation bit guys =p...if you pick up any errors ill fix it up and repost the link ^^ enjoy enjoy

someone2040
July 27, 2007, 07:24 AM
Sweet!
I was reading Whistle at Borders the other day, and was quite dissapointed when they only had volume 1, then skipped to 4 and 5.
Will definately download it when I get bandwith back.

SabiQ
July 27, 2007, 08:46 AM
i was wondering if anyone has the inoue scans of whatever they did of whistle? i wanna noe which scans i dun have to do =.= (btw currentli working on chapter 19...expect it like next week ish since i want to sleep just finished exams... i fink i failed >.<)

someone2040
August 01, 2007, 06:27 AM
Here are the list of chapters available on gotlurk.net.
Volume 1 (xm_hm)
Volume 2 (HM_AT)
Volume 3 c17 (AT)
Volume 3 c18 (Sabiq - that's you!)
Volume 18 c153-160 (Inane)

SabiQ
August 03, 2007, 07:23 PM
thanx~! but why did they start from that volume ?

EDIT: also guys next chapter of whistle should be coming out in a day or so im just finalising some stuff =p

someone2040
August 04, 2007, 01:26 AM
Well, why they started at that volume is explained earlier in this very thread ;)
Cool to hear that a new chapter is coming out soon.

SabiQ
August 06, 2007, 05:50 AM
hey guys newest chapter is up!~ yay...but for some reason i cant access divshare so if its still like that tomorow ill put up a new link but for now u have to wait till it comes bak on =s

someone2040
August 08, 2007, 11:22 PM
Cheers for the new chapter, just got it off gotlurk and read it.

SabiQ
August 11, 2007, 06:57 PM
Chapter 20 might not be for a while XD! Why? cause im lazy bhahah =p so yea i just started it so maybe don't expect it for another week

someone2040
August 12, 2007, 06:21 AM
That's fine, especially when you don't have a team of people doing it, you gotta do things at your own pace. The people that read will be glad that it's getting scanslated whether it's fast or not (of course, unless it's slow as in a release per month, then readers get narky).

SabiQ
August 21, 2007, 05:24 AM
boo! im not dead haha im just stacked wif lots of work to do XD but from the way things are going i will DEFINITLY have the next chapter by the weekend...so look forawrd to it

tyug
August 24, 2007, 10:47 AM
sweet thanks SabiQ! I <3 the anime.. and wishing that it didn't end prematurely.

SabiQ
August 24, 2007, 06:47 PM
chapter 20 is out!~ go get it now while its fresh and hot =]

someone2040
August 24, 2007, 07:54 PM
Awesome~ Thanks again for scanslations.

SabiQ
August 29, 2007, 01:39 AM
the next chapter unfortunately will not be out for a while!~! =[

sadly i have exams coming up (major exams) so i wont be able to scanlate/translate for maybe a month! i will try to slot in if i can in my free time a scan but thats highly unlikely...

kusiobache
September 01, 2007, 02:41 PM
any chance someone can take over while hes gone?

or atleast finish this one game, im itching to know how it ends

Babii-Boo
September 01, 2007, 09:02 PM
I say SabiQ deserves a lot of 'thank you' from those who are reading it :) (That includes me).
So thank you very much SabiQ, for translating and scanlating this manga for us, and good luck with your exams.

SabiQ
September 03, 2007, 12:55 AM
haha thanks for the thanks =p...XD

studyings going alright so far but just to let u know once my exams are over im in holidays so im sure id be able to scanlate around 2 a week so i fink that kinda makes up for it =p

Babii-Boo
September 03, 2007, 02:17 PM
Just brought the first 2 volumes of Whistle! Might buy the 3rd and 4th next week...
Just wondering, are we allowed to use Viz's translations?

SabiQ
September 06, 2007, 01:48 AM
i have no idea... maybe u should ask the higher ups XD

sasuke_on_drugs
September 09, 2007, 02:36 AM
Next chapter is up for those who want it myself and zwinix will be helping with this worthy endevour and have weighed in with our first scan whistle 21

http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18004

edit second scan is up
whistle 22

http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18070

SabiQ
September 12, 2007, 12:21 AM
Hi guys! SabiQ reporting in! =]

no i dun have new chapter release notices yet loool

we are looking for some hosting/website space and were wondering if anyone could help us out...

we are making a group if u didnt know yet! Zwivix and sasuke_on_drugs both releasing 21 and 22 are in it =]

if anyone can help us out it would be really appreciated! =] ty

tuiwch
September 12, 2007, 11:50 AM
hi guy,
can anyone update chapter 16 for me plz.

thx SabiQ for hard work :)

SabiQ
September 13, 2007, 07:49 AM
haha i havent been doing much on the last chapters =p

u should thank the other guys more =p

chapter 16:
http://www.divshare.com/download/1432599-dc2

this chapters done by aku-tenshi, NOT by me or any of Josui-9 XD

luxxifer
September 18, 2007, 05:48 PM
on the mangaupdates site it says that a scanlation group, bloome scans, scanlated 13 volumes : 09/17/07 Whistle! 1-13 Bloome Scans, does anyone know if this is true or where/how to get these scans?

SabiQ
September 19, 2007, 03:31 AM
ok...that was a big wtf....i duno where the hell these guys came from but they have done it...i dont noe what's going to happen now.

Zwivix
September 19, 2007, 10:57 AM
I dont know what to say. Well i guess i need to find a way to contact someone from there and see wtf their thinking of doing. I'll try to arrange some way for us to work together if not we'll probably pick up some other manga.

If anyone knows how i can contact someone from Bloome Scans that would be great.

someone2040
September 19, 2007, 07:52 PM
They aren't scans... well technically they are... but...
They have just scanned in the VIZ version of the mangas. Technically what they're doing is very illegal I *think* - i.e don't quote me on that, but I'm pretty sure they're not allowed to do that even more than regular scanslating. They aren't translating it, they aren't editing it, all they are doing is scanning it from hard copy to digital. So I doubt contacting them would... well do anything really.

So you guys can decide what to do. VIZ hasn't finished yet, they're at like... 18 or something. The Bloome Scans don't have that great quality. So it's honestly up to you guys what you do.

luxxifer
September 19, 2007, 08:16 PM
except isnt also technically any scanlation is illegal, except the ones translated from japan are more lax about it as it builds up hype. I'm probably gonna just get it to know the story then erase it from my harddrive, although i don't see VIZ hunting down Bloome to file a lawsuit, but it might happen. That might be why Bloome is just a bit hard to find out about

SabiQ
September 20, 2007, 03:28 AM
if you scan VIZ's manga then it is illegal...however scanlating is not illegal unless of course the artists does not permit it. Basically it's a fansub meaning that we translate the raws and everything ourselves...cause that's what scanlating is lol It has no relation to VIZ and alike =p

We got in touch with Bloome Scans and we found out that those scans were not meant to be released to the public, however they are out and we are contemplating what to do next.

i nearli finished chapter 25...however we are still not sure if we are going to continue this project or not

someone2040
September 20, 2007, 07:30 PM
Well, just know that VIZ hasn't finished it. So it is always an option once Bloome finishes scanning in the VIZ ones, to just take off from there and scan. No point in throwing away the series I think.

"~Mail~"
September 20, 2007, 09:23 PM
If your quality (translation and scans) are better than ones of Viz trans and Bloome scans, then its better that you continue your work because Viz is known for having WORST translation EVER e.g: Ikkitousen@Batttle Vixen (well, there might be others but Viz it worldwide knows).

The scans of many private scanner that scans Viz books are usually ppl whom kind enough to provide an alternative to those like me and others the opportunity to read the (sometimes least known) manga.

Plus Viz doesn't own each country scanlation right so to heck with it. Banzai..

SabiQ
September 22, 2007, 09:49 PM
if you havent heard yet Josui-9 now has a forum~!!! come talk to us about ur concerns and we'll talk to u about ours! XD

http://www.z3.invisionfree.com/Josui_9

come come!

btw there should be a poll coming soon or something about whether to start at volume 14 or keep going where we are now! we're letting you people decide!

Zwivix
September 24, 2007, 03:37 PM
Well its technicaly not ready we still need to make a lot of work. But if anyone wants to join and help out make topics and stuff then im fine by that.

Btw we have decided to just continue with our own chapter and let Bloome Scans do her thing. We have better quality and that alone is good enough for me. I dont know what to do but I have had serious thoughts to just continue from where Bloome Scans left off. We might to that if you guys that are reading it want it like that.

Also we are gonna pick up some other sports manga perferably one that isnt so well know. Right now the big one where thinking about is Break Shot. Anyone got any ideas?

cybertx
September 25, 2007, 06:01 PM
Capeta(racing), Dan Doh!!(golf), Slow Step(baseball),Stopper Busujima(baseball), Giant Step(tennis), Sasameke(fotball), Shion no Ou(chess) and Rising Impact(golf) all of them sports manga and not being released anymore.

someone2040
September 25, 2007, 08:51 PM
Personally I'd love Ashita No Joe being picked up. But Boxing is probably more fighting than sports. If you do pick it up though, I can offer some help in the editing department.

Zwivix
October 05, 2007, 12:04 PM
Well actually it seems we have lost SOD for the moment so I do not see any way we can pick up any series at the moment. So at the moment where looking for Translators and Typsetters to be able to have them help out and that way we would be able to pick another seires.

SabiQ
October 05, 2007, 07:38 PM
Want to apply? We need Editors/Typesetters and Translators (dont think we need QCers yet as we're still trying to go at a relatively fast pace XD)
come come!
http://z3.invisionfree.com/Josui_9/

n8starr
October 25, 2007, 10:38 PM
Does anyone know about this release?

Whistle! Vol. 14-15 KaikaNekoManga

saw it on mangaupdates, not sure if its a different group doing more VIZ scans or if it's some group who did actual scanlations... anyone know anything???

someone2040
October 26, 2007, 04:33 AM
Viz scanslations again.

n8starr
October 26, 2007, 10:05 AM
Why the hell are these ppl doing this?! I know the last scans werent supposed to come out but come on now.... defeats the purpose of these groups trying to scanlate this series....

Zwivix
October 26, 2007, 10:50 AM
Yea I'm kindda getting tired of this. I think if we want to beat them to finish vol 16-17 we need to start now.

SabiQ
October 30, 2007, 05:25 AM
=.=...this is getting ridiculous...btw Zwivix u have to check ur source again! ur trans still have same words as Viz =p

SabiQ
December 05, 2007, 01:17 AM
well that's it i guess... Josui-9 has unofficially broken up since we just dont seem to be going anywhere so i guess someone else should take over this project since i fink all of the members (which are like 3 people) got sick of the random submissions in volumes by random people... ><

i'll still continue scanlating and translating at a later time and im pretty sure Zwivix will continue his international scans and etc however i don't fink i can vouch for anyone else...well tata for now XD

Zwivix
December 07, 2007, 01:29 PM
Yes I am sorry for not telling you before but doing Whistle! is almost impossible now. I didnt do any translation becasue of Finals Week but I'm back and if SabiQ still wants we might do another seires ^^

SabiQ
December 07, 2007, 11:28 PM
well if u dont mind im still kool =D

i guess Whistle! wasnt our series lol

but this is my exam week so after that sure =D

naxilo
December 31, 2007, 03:56 AM
Here are the first 13 volumes
* Whistle! volume 1 (http://filebulls.com/download/Ixpj3mqHKhLWF4bIw4zR/whistle!_v01.zip.html)
* Whistle! volume 2 (http://filebulls.com/download/2nhypI8KffAftGOfhMbR/whistle!_v02.zip.html)
* Whistle! volume 3 (http://filebulls.com/download/NYXhBuY7VZmqYlK8Nuli/whistle!_v03.zip.html)
* Whistle! volume 4 (http://filebulls.com/download/yBhfSaYVsM2JWftoARK4/whistle!_v04.zip.html)
* Whistle! volume 5 (http://filebulls.com/download/3qJUpUqjEl1bBlfZWExp/whistle!_v05.zip.html)
* Whistle! volume 6 (http://filebulls.com/download/04hluvlCJbx8JvXPsQnO/whistle!_v06.zip.html)
* Whistle! volume 7 (http://filebulls.com/download/931XV8AfZnQ9lPmhfbWw/whistle!_v07.zip.html)
* Whistle! volume 8 (http://filebulls.com/download/IzgOVlnQWOtDEuEC2Jtu/whistle!_v08.zip.html)
* Whistle! volume 9 (http://filebulls.com/download/6cB5x4abXF2hj7AgvvKK/whistle!_v09.zip.html)
* Whistle! volume 10 (http://filebulls.com/download/nDnAdspINx5zkOFSLyFm/whistle!_v10.zip.html)
* Whistle! volume 11 (http://filebulls.com/download/FOsEq2PoQgfDHPgN1CjH/whistle!_v11.zip.html)
* Whistle! volume 12 (http://filebulls.com/download/pOkXEYH56cqO9BORuSIu/whistle!_v12.zip.html)
* Whistle! volume 13 (http://filebulls.com/download/Ed51Q75qhJE4qaug0DsQ/whistle!_v13.zip.html)

SabiQ
December 31, 2007, 11:26 PM
naxilo: no idea why ur posting this here, but u didnt link properly or somefing...

naxilo
January 02, 2008, 11:30 PM
i know a little japanese. I can take over if you guys could hand me some raws.

SabiQ
January 03, 2008, 02:53 AM
sorry...we got all our raws from lurk, so if there arent any raws there then no idea =s

fremeer
January 23, 2008, 09:31 AM
i hope kaika neko keeps doing it, im impatient cause i only recently got into this manga arrrggh

SabiQ
January 26, 2008, 11:29 PM
lol...they probably will...after all, all they are doing is buying the manga from Viz and scanning it lol

someone2040
February 01, 2008, 07:26 AM
i hope kaika neko keeps doing it, im impatient cause i only recently got into this manga arrrggh
Yeah, all they do is scan in the Viz ones. As far as I have seen, the Viz scanned ones aren't even that good quality which is dissapointing (not in the sense, that Viz did a poor job, but the groups who scan it in).

As far as I know, the latest volume (vol 18) was released this January. I'm hoping we get a scan of it soon, or my Borders picks it up sometime.

SabiQ
February 01, 2008, 07:12 PM
well all they do is literally scan lol...they don't clean it at all but i understand. You wouldn't want to write all that text all over again, too lazyyy~! XD

naxilo
February 11, 2008, 01:52 AM
Where can I download the Scanlations from Kaika Neko?

someone2040
February 11, 2008, 04:22 AM
well all they do is literally scan lol...they don't clean it at all but i understand. You wouldn't want to write all that text all over again, too lazyyy~! XD

They could fix up the dirt though, and the alignment. Half the pages are like diagonal, and have a noise towards the centre (as in, they probably just grabbed the book, and lay it down on the scanner, since I believe they're double pages as well). Could've been a bit more effort put in.

SabiQ
February 12, 2008, 02:22 AM
lol! why dont u drop them a line then and u could fix it up for them =p haha

someone2040
February 12, 2008, 06:50 AM
They seem pretty impossible to contact. I'm not saying I don't give respect for them scanning in the thing (cause it seems as if you're implying the whole 'don't see you doin anything' kinda thing), at least we get to read it. I'm just saying, I won't give them as much respect as a proper functioning group that has to do all the redrawing, translating, editing, cleaning, typesetting, QCing, whatever else themself.

SabiQ
February 12, 2008, 06:56 AM
haha sori if it seemed like i was being sarcastic but i wasnt~! XD... i really mean that you shouldt ry help them cause like that would be good for me too cause i get to read better scans haha =p but nyway i do remember the fact now that they are impossible to contact cause they arent even a "scanlating" group lol

sori if it seemed like i was being sarcastic lol

endless7
February 12, 2008, 07:21 AM
i don't find any scanlation team do whistle..
but the manga is up to v20 now in my country..

SabiQ
February 12, 2008, 10:54 PM
thats because there is no scanlation team doing whistle. The group that has been releasing is not a scanlation group. I'm sure many people would appreciate it if you could get ahold of those RAWS and upload them and even better if you could translate them -hint hint- XD

b.a.r
February 14, 2008, 10:53 AM
to those who kept saying that there is no raw scans for Whistle, fortunately enough i happen to stumble upon some links and actually managed to found these scans: THESE ARE THE WORKS OF FOLKA AND PTERBULL OF RAWMANGA FORUM

THESE ARE TANKOBON, THAT'S WHY IT'S ONLY 15 VOLUMES

http://rapidshare.com/users/Y07Q96/6

so yeah, no more excuses about the lack of raw

SabiQ
February 15, 2008, 05:45 AM
wow thats great work =D...the guys who post at rawmanga forums are awesome...just that i cant really give anything so i cant really ask =[

hopefully a team will start now cause im out of the scanlating business for a while =p

bangfarid
April 10, 2008, 11:39 PM
thanks a lot....:)
i hope the scans can be released soon...I can't read RAW manga :p

naxilo
April 13, 2008, 11:43 AM
where can i download the scanlations/translations?

tyug
April 13, 2008, 04:57 PM
They have stopped.

SabiQ
April 22, 2008, 03:24 AM
ill try do one chapter to try get some interest bak into this series...though it could take one month since i gotta do my studies and etc at the same time
[hr]
good news: i've done a few pages of it which is good i guess

bad news: i've remembered how annoying it is to scanlate/translate and cbb anymore

so if anyone wants to continue on the tiny amount that i've done just contact me cause i cbb doing it

chocohexe
July 05, 2008, 03:56 PM
Uhu i found a whistle thread. even if iam here offtopic. im must ask this question xDD
how does the story goes an after volum 18. the scans are only going this far, and i really want to know how it goes on. thanks anyway.

kusiobache
July 16, 2008, 10:37 AM
kinda bumping and old thread but it was already bumped. the english volumes are being released every 4 months and there are only 5 left to be released so it will be done soon.

slippy
January 01, 2009, 06:26 AM
dont even know if this thread is still alive but could anyone tell me where the anime of whistle takes place in the manga so i can start reading it?

naxilo
January 02, 2009, 08:21 PM
dont even know if this thread is still alive but could anyone tell me where the anime of whistle takes place in the manga so i can start reading it?
anime finishes at v19 ch164
[hr]
u can download scanlations here: manga-updates.com

slippy
January 03, 2009, 05:51 AM
thanks a lot, naxilo

naxilo
March 06, 2009, 04:43 AM
any scans?

Ravsieg
July 15, 2009, 08:04 PM
It hurts to find this thread so de-populated now that I shoved the whole of Whistle down my throat in 3 days to the end of Volume 21.. and loved every page of it. Shige is one of the best manga characters I've ever seen.

ugur88turani
June 30, 2010, 07:01 PM
where is manga link?????????::notrust (vol 16-vol 24)

Drmke
June 30, 2010, 11:42 PM
Here (http://www.mangatoshokan.com/series/Whistle) are English scans up through volume 22 I believe if that helps.

heoquay193
July 20, 2010, 11:11 AM
Ano.... this is not very related with what you're talking about, but I'll say it anyway :eyeroll
Does anyone happen to know Higuchi sensei's email? or any kind of contact detail? I've been searching for so long but never got any piece of information :s
If anyone has heard about it, please tell me :darn
Thank you :nod:nod:nod